1.00/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 22, 2018

616 Navient Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 22, 2018

Navient Portfolio Management take out the sum of $315 from my paycheck and withhold crediting the money to my loan amount for over ten days, while at the same time, the interest on the loan amount and the collection fees are being adding to it daily. When I called to complain last time and threatened to speak a lawyer and my congress and senate representative for my district, they quickly credit the amount. Must I always have to call for them to stop defraud me?

Original review: April 16, 2018

So I have a loan that is outstanding. I finally got back on my feet and was fixing everything. Well I called as I had one loan that was outstanding on the online website. I was told not to worry about it and just make normal payments. Well now I have a hit against my credit for the amount that is past due, not for the total amount. I called to try to get some answer as why this is happening and that the amount I have been paying them is not going towards the outstanding amount. 1 hour later after being transferred between both departments, I was given a number as my loan is in bankruptcy. :| These people are horrible. I got nowhere. I had to leave a message at the number I was given. Most likely I will have to wait till I can find a number on my credit report and call them to take care of the issue. The customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with. If I could leave negative stars I would.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 11, 2018

I took out a Parent Plus Loan for my son about 15 years ago. I am now retired and cannot afford the high payments. Navient does not care. They refuse to do an income driven repayment plan. They refuse to do anything. When Harvey hit Houston other companies were very understanding. Navient was not. Do not use this company.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I keep a side calculation of what my loan should be compared to theirs. Theirs always higher. Got worse when I signed up for automatic monthly payments when they gave me no allocation breakdown. I was paying extra to my higher interest loan. It was scheduled to be paid off 18 months sooner than the others and with automatic payments slowing it was extending the end date. Multiple times I asked for breakdown and finally got the statements. They allocated $0 to my higher interest loan for 8 months in a row. And overcharged me .2% per loan. So misallocation. Higher interest than stated. And unexplainable extension of due dates of loans I paid extra to. About $3000 gone to their fraud. Their phone number is constant busy. I wrote them a message on my Navient account. Waiting for a reply. And wondering how I get in on this lawsuit to correct their error!

Original review: April 7, 2018

I have set up a reduced payment plan with Navient a month ago, I asked them why my "Past Due" status remains on my account, they said that it will just show up like that until I make 3 consecutive payments on time. Ok, that I understand -- fine! However, when I asked them if that "Past Due" status will make my account go to collections while I'm working with the new reduced payment plan department, they said "No." However, I have received two Delinquency Letters through their little Navient Inbox in my account and it does indeed threaten to take my information to collections. This is outrageous and this little quote from the President of Navient is not what I am seeing. "Enhancing the financial success of our customers is everything we stand for." - Jack Remondi, President and CEO

That is indeed a lie. I have been responsible enough to call Navient and tell them that I am experiencing financial hardship and my income is less than my bills right now. I never even knew of a reduced payment plan when I contacted them in the past years with financial troubles. They always told me that I had to pay approximately $100 to stay 'current' and that's rough even for someone who is already struggling. My goodness, I can't stand Navient but I am stuck with their crap until the end of my student loans.

Then some of the representatives are frustrating to work with probably because a customer cursed them out right before they had to talk to me. Everyone is irritated! The last thing Navient seems to desire is to let us know that there are indeed other opportunities to reduce our rate. You have to harass them, beg them, pray that they tell you something that will actually HELP you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Navient?

Original review: April 1, 2018

In February I sent a check to Department of Education paying off my daughter’s student loan. Navient is still showing a balance on my account. The first part of March I faxed a copy of the front and back of check to Navient showing it had been deposited by Department of Education. I also uploaded the check on my online account. Here it is April 1st and now they are asking I send an EFT transmittal form as proof of payment. There are no documents on my online account now. What happened to the fax and downloaded documents?? I want this resolved soon. Guess I am going to have to get my attorney to write them a letter. What kind of business is Navient??? Poor service and inadequate accounting.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Navient claims my interest rate increase is set by my lender not by Navient. Sallie Mae bought my private loan in 2016 from 5/3 Bank. Sallie Mae turned into Navient and pretended to be an entirely new company. Since August of 2017 my interest rate which has increased from 8.25% to 10.375% as of March 31, 2018 or to be more precise, the interest rate increases every time the principal balance is reduced by $800. Since November of 2009, I have paid twice the balance of my original loan amount of $8500. It is clear to me my interest rates will continue to increase as the principal balance of my loan decreases. I have other private loans with fixed and variable interest rates that have not increased at all, Navient is the ONLY loan service company that has increased interest rates as I pay down my loan.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I have reached out to Navient twice about my data concerns and four times about my IDR. I also mailed my IDR per their request on the form. I have wrong data in my web account. There is a wrong address and phone number listed for my personal information. I tried to reach out to my Navient Account Representatives. Several never responded; **. I was first concerned because of my loan amount totals. This is why I kept trying to contact them. I mailed the IDR revision. Then, I noticed they had an address from an apartment I had in 1998. When I lived at this address, I never even took out loans or went to college. That wasn't until 2000-2001. I called the phone number in my account, which belongs to a man that lives in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. I have no association to the man or the phone number in my account.

I am very concerned about data breaches and mismanagement of data from Navient. When I emailed and asked Philip ** to help me with my concerns, he emailed me back and stated he couldn't help me because there are no records in Navient's system with my current email address. I have been using the same email for several years. The same email is correct in my web account. Therefore, why did the Navient rep not help me about my concerns about personal data? How does a wrong phone number and an address from 1998 get into my web account when I have been receiving mail to my current address?

Original review: March 22, 2018

Navient is an extremely hard company to deal with. I am a co-signer on a set of loans that were extremely past due back in 2013. I paid the accounts current in March 2014 and have kept them current. I recently asked for statements because I was in the process of refinancing with another company due to the interest rates. I got the runaround several times as to why I had not been receiving statements. When I called, the customer service person told me that they were on the website. When I asked her to walk me through the steps of finding them she admitted that she could not see them. Which is what I had been telling her all along - 20 minutes of my life wasted. I then thought it would be easier to request the info online. I was told that I was not 'signed up' to receive statements. Makes no sense because my account online was listed as paperless and my email address was correct.

It took over 3 weeks for me to receive statements. Then I had questions about fees that I was being charged. Keep in mind the accounts are current. I was told that they were late fees. I asked when was I late, prior to 2014. Why wasn't I made aware that there was still a past due balance? There was nothing on the website stating I was past due. I feel that it is this company's goal to make it hard for its customers to communicate and to get things done. If you don't know you are being charged fees, they can keep charging you which puts more money in their pockets. The lack of knowledge of their customer service team is simply unacceptable. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: March 1, 2018

You would think that after all the bad press and being sued that Navient would want to clean up their act. Not the case. After harassing my daughter, and reducing her to tears although she is a single Mom trying to survive on part time pay AND calling and threatening my 87 year old father who had co-signed her student loans... I called and arranged to make monthly payments - automatically from my bank account to stop the harassing calls and letters that I thought might put my Dad into an early grave. Cost $1,200. a year - direct to interest or fees or whatever for over 2 years - and then I negotiated a lump sum payment. The payment was LARGE. I made it on time.

In this modern day and age of computers, faxes, emails, bank transfers, Zelle etc. it is eight weeks and neither I, my daughter nor my father have gotten a satisfaction or confirmation of the loan settlement payment, breakdown of the loan payment. I have called and emailed since the 6th week that I was told I would have to wait for the money to clear (the money - cash - that came directly out of my account!) I am so angry I should have held that money out like a carrot until I had everything in writing, even the PDF's they sent me which I saved instead of printing out to save the environment, reverted to Chinese characters, and the original documents are password protected so they cannot be opened again. Never use them. If you have them ABANDON SHIP!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

If you ever get a Navient loan, just pray that you never have to actually interact with their customer service. It almost seems that Navient takes joy in trying to cause as much misery as possible while they take your money. Their customer service seems to alternate between not knowing how to solve your issues to outright telling you lies and wasting your time. There's no accountability, no one to keep them in check, they're allowed to just do what they want. I jumped through hoops trying to get a simple thing fixed on my credit report, and after all my effort and calls, all I got was an email that said they couldn't do anything about it.

They should clarify though. It's not that they couldn't do anything about it. They could have easily taken the TWO MINUTES to correct the error, but instead they chose to show me one more time how terrible their customer service is. If you have any choice in where to get your student loans from, take it from this former college student and stay away from Navient.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I am so incredibly DISGUSTED. I am a single mother of 6 children. Who makes under $20,000/year. I just got my small $3,000 tax check taken from the IRS. My check that was obviously already spent to catch up on bills & rent. I have contacted Navient NUMEROUS TIMES & the last time was 3 months ago. We made an agreement. Navient & myself. I was to pay them $600 out of my TAX REFUND, to settle my school loan for 20 years, providing I did not make over $80,000/year. Due to the school I went to being CLOSED DOWN FOR FRAUD/EMBEZZLEMENT. Which I shouldn't have to pay $16,000 for ANYWAY! Now I have No Degree, a crap-load of DEBT, & now my tiny Tax refund taken. When WE ALREADY HAD ARRANGEMENTS! I AM going to the News. I have been screwed over for the last time! I have a son in college now, & I am truly PETRIFIED for him. 1 word NAVIENT, Karma. SHE IS REAL.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Over the last few years my credit rate has been continually getting better. All my other creditors are lowering my interest rate. However, not Navient! They continue to increase my interest rates based on the fact "that they can" because I'm past the "grace" period of 10 years. In the last year my interest rate has gone from 9% to 11%! That is a 1 year time frame! And that has even been with me adding extra money onto the payments. These are student loans not credit cards! Navient should be ashamed of themselves and the way they conduct business!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I paid over 19k in student loans when I sold my house. The month prior I paid off one loan not knowing how soon I would find a new house. The next month I found a house and had to pay on that loan I had already paid off. I called a month later to ask them if I was going to receive a check back for that loan I had already paid on. I spoke to someone who told me, "Oh yes. I see that money is just sitting there." She asked me if I wanted that money distributed to different loans. I told her I would like that refunded back to me. She said, "No problem. I will send in the request. Usually takes 2-3 weeks and you'll get a letter in the mail." So I follow up 4 weeks later to see what's going on since I haven't received anything. Spoke to a guy who was confused on what I was asking about. Waited on hold for 40min until I hung up.

Called back 2 days later. I spoke to a guy who told me he would push my request through. Again saying it would be 2 weeks or so and I would get a letter in the mail. I call 3 weeks later still no response via mail or email. I find out my money was transferred to other loans that I didn't authorize. I'm a little irritated at this point so the girl tells me, "Let me have to talk to my supervisor to see if she can help at all..." I spoke to a supervisor who told me, "I'm so sorry this happened. I see it was not authorized by you. I'm getting your request for a refund and asking them to expedite it for you." She told me it would be another 2- 3 weeks. She verified my bank account number and told me it would be transferred into my account.

3 weeks go by. I call to see what's going on. I'm told now that it's too late. I can't get the refund because I haven't been making full payments between October through December and if I got the refund back it would put my loans in deferment. I talked to a supervisor who told me it would be pointless to get the refund because I would have had to pay it back anyways. I didn't have a payment due until December but I wanted to make payments during those few months anyways which I did. Then it pushed my due date out until January. He tried to tell me if they just sent them a check the money would go towards any of my loans that needed to be paid. I explained they sent individual checks for each loan and out which loan numbers they needed to pay.

That money should have came back to me. I'm not even sure where my $600 went that supposedly was split between different loans. I'm furious with this company. I originally had Sallie Mae and got transferred to this horrible company who can't train employees for ** or lie to you making you wait month after month so you can't get your own damn money back.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Negative 100. My Student loan transferred in October. Had no access to Navient yet, paid old company in October (pd extra). They have no record of the payment, sent proof multiple times, have called multiple times, always doubletalk. They have charged late fees, I have accrued interest and they are ruining my credit over something that is completely their fault. Working on getting away from them any way possible, refuse to give them another dime. I have had my loan for more than 10 years, never late, never delinquent. Would overpay for a few months and it would carry to the next payment.. This company needs to be closed down. I have been reading online about lawsuits, yet they are claiming it is unfounded. It is completely true. If you are stuck with Navient, GET OUT, any way you can!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I wish I could rate them negative stars. I usually select "quick pay" when my payments are due. TWICE after payment I sign on and see that I have overdue payments. How is that possible if I select quick pay?! First rep was actually helpful and told me there was some kind of reallocation of my money so only some of my loans got paid...WHAT?!? The second time (today) the rep said, "Well, I'm not there to see how you pay so..." I asked to speak with supervisor and he said I need to fax over proof. I said I have my email confirmation number and he said there's no way he can look it up so I have to fax it in along with my bank statement.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Can we give a less than 1 star rating. So every representative you talk to tells you something different, no one is on the same page. Anyone else have them ask to see your bank statement? Who do these people think they are?!? If they want to play games, then I figured so can I. At this point, after years of trying to come to an agreement with them, I've decided I'm not going to allow them to tell me what I can afford and I'm just going to mail them what I can afford that month. There's no escaping them. I believe they work on commission and will use any scare tactic to get you to pay what they want. I've been told that I overpaid for 6 months to get collection calls the following week saying I was behind. Called this past November and was told I didn't have to make a payment till January, but got more calls the next day saying something different. Real motivation for kids to go to college these days. They have this ** to look forward to.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Navient has been a nightmare since day one. To preface, I have never missed a payment in three years. I'll pick the two worst examples. First, I signed up for automatic payments to receive the 0.25% reduction. When I saw that there was no reduction, and in fact an increase in my minimum payment I called. They said essentially that all 4 of my variable loan interest rates magically increased by 0.25% on the same day they were supposed to decrease by 0.25%. So I saw no benefit, and in fact a detriment - prior to auto-pay, my minimum payment was $852, but every month I paid an additional $300 to chip at the principal on the very next day of my billing period (to make sure it went straight to my principal) so I gave Navient $1152/mo. They could not explain how, as soon as I signed up for auto-pay for the minimum amount magically went to $1152 exactly.

Example two, I just refinanced two days ago. Thank goodness. My first payment by my new financier is in 2 days, which is when I will be released from Navient. I get a call from someone at Navient just now asking if I am who I am, and if I could give them my account info. I asked what it was about and he said he couldn't tell me until I gave him my account info... what? You called me! Navient MAGICALLY had a better interest rate offer for me that matched my new refinanced rate. I said "oh I see, so you saw that my loans are being transferred and NOW you want to give me a reasonable rate". He said no, that this was a brand new program that just came about. Right. I have many other examples. People who can't count to ten at customer service let alone discuss accrual and different interest rate equations, passing you off to 13 different people and never getting the answers to your questions. Shady, shady, shady all around. AVOID.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I'm in the process of refinancing my loans AWAY from Navient. They claim that they only got SOME of the money, even though the new lender says that they mailed both checks on the same day (why checks are being mailed in 2018 is another problem I have!). So, most of my loans are transferred, but Navient still wants me to pay them! So they get to charge me more interest and fees while they poke around in the mail room, taking their sweet time getting that check cashed.

I'm still in the window, but c'mon. The reason I refinanced in the first place was because they charged a $400 rebate reversal fee, and I vowed it would be the last penny they ever got from me. I had been paying off extra over the past few months too. No thanks, I'll take a shorter payment plan with a company where I can SEE WHERE MY PAYMENT GOES AND KNOW I'M MAKING PROGRESS. One of my loans, I swear, even though I've been making payments, I owed more in December than I did in August, despite making every single payment. They are crooked, run away.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Navient has lowered my minimum payment twice in the past 5 years, and also put my account in deferment (without my request, I assume because they found out I was in a PhD program but chose NO MORE LOANS); each time I double what I pay them. My plan is to have my 2 loans (for a masters program) paid off in 18 month, making the total pay off time 6.5 years. My actual payment is $110 monthly. I've been paying $500. I use the website to pay my loans but have specifically chosen that my account not be saved on their website (for security reasons.) I made a payment on Dec 2nd, got a confirmation # and thought little else about it. On Dec 15th I got an e-mail from Navient regarding my annual interest amount paid (for taxes.) I logged into my account to see I was one day from being overdue on my December payment. I quickly checked my bank account only to see nothing had been withdrawn.

I called Navient (another experience in itself) and was told (after giving my confirmation #) that transaction was cancelled because the account # wasn't valid. The routing # was valid (and is longer) because they had the correct bank listed for my payment. The young lady on the phone told me I must have typed in something in error. I questioned this because I would have had to type it in twice incorrectly–she couldn't give me any other information because I chose to NOT have my information maintained on Navient's website. Here we are, another month and I've again logged on to make a payment, but it's still pending, pending, pending… I know I entered the correct information because I checked it 3 times.

I believe Navient stoops to unscrupulous practices to gouge people for as much interest as possible, particularly if one is considered a deadbeat, paying off loans early or in full. They're making it difficult to make a payment early in the month so as to not accrue more interest. I'm so pissed off, I may just withdraw money from my savings and pay off the entire loan to be done with them, although I'm SURE they'll stick me with more interest in some way, shape or form.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Do NOT use this loan service. It is absolutely horrible and does not work with your income at all. You will regret ever taking a loan from them. I promise you. Constant harassment and expect you to pay a ridiculous amount of money in one payment.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

GREED prevails at Navient. I signed up with another provider who paid off Navient and yet they still managed to come up with a balance due of $200 and change. Complained to one rep who said he would request a waiver from the Department of Education. Really? No word for three weeks. Just called and another rep reported that the request was denied. Unlikely that any request was submitted. I'm sure Navient has the ability to waive small balances but they're too greedy for that and prefer to state that they're taking orders from the Department of Education! Now they'll start adding interest on interest!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

When calling in the toll free number - answering system (robot driven) does not respond to phone prompts and disconnects if you don't tell "HER" what she wants to hear... Click. OUTRAGEOUS artificial intelligence! Wow. Called back. After 20 minutes finally got a "person" whose accent was strong! Ouch. Asked for new person... much better English! Maybe the Navient machine needs a reboot?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I wasn't aware I had signed with Navient, as my original loans were with Sallie Mae and another Federal Loan service, before catching wind that Navient had bought out Sallie Mae etc etc. Well how nice of them. These idiots started contacting me as early as Nov 2014 when I was still active in school, stating they showed I'd graduated in 2013, which was a lie. Even when I'd sent them proof of my active school status they still dumbed up stating 'that could not be verified' and they'd have to contact the school themselves. Which of course never happened. Finally around May 2015 I received an email from them "informing" me they'd "successfully" contacted my school, and "verified" blah blah blah.

Around Feb 2016 they started re-billing me, stating I had graduated (which I hadn't) and I'd tried filing for student status, which of course they'd claimed was a time-consuming progress. No student is liable for any repayments while they are active in school, and any loan company knows this. Once again, Navient played the dumb-card and insisted on working out a 'payment option plan' with me, to get my loan under repayment. I refused, that I was still an active student, and was not playing their game. Soon, I too learned how darned impossible their website is, for making any contacts, sending messages or notifications, and/or submitting documents of proof, or payment updates. They basically run you around the ringer, for weeks or months on end. And always the same excuses or lies, that you've exhausted your benefits etc.

Well within that timeframe, I had contacted the Dept of Student Loans and the Federal Student Loan commission, BOTH of whom confirmed there was no such thing as 'exhausting loan terms' or 'exhausting unemployment'. Particularly on much older, or defunct or paid loans, the latter of which applied to me, from the 1990s. Once again, Navient played the dumb card and denied or refused to accept this information, and started nonstop harassing emails and voicemails, there on out. Navigating and working around their website is a huge waste of time. Links that don't work, areas that don't function, pages that don't open, or open to some irrelevant area you don't need, uploaded documents that never reach their target (or they claim they didn't get them, because of a bug in their server.)

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I feel as if I’m a victim of Sallie Mae/Navient and what I call their predatory lending and loan servicing practices. I graduated in Dec. 2005 with a Masters Degree. I borrowed approximately $150,000 for school and now the loans total over $250,000. These were private loans. I would have been able to pay them back if I could have been employable, but that plan took a U-turn. I became sick during school, couldn’t even attend my own graduation. Sallie Mae initially put my loans into deferment with no monthly payment at all. I didn’t know it at the time, but this wasn’t a wise option. The deferment stopped and the payments went up really high.

Still, sick years later and in a wheelchair (low new job prospects at age 62), I finally missed three payments on 8 out of my 9 private student loans. Navient agreed to put me in a payment plan that they said I could pay for the remainder of the loan term (20+ years). But that wasn’t the truth as it ended a year later. So, they went up on the payments yet again. I entered another loan repayment program with Navient and made two full payments, but they wouldn’t accept the third, saying Navient (the Director, as they call the alleged person) decided not to enter me into the 18 program after all. Shouldn’t this decision have need made before the first payment was made?

Then came hurricane Irma. Navient automatically placed me into a three month deferment which I did not request, as I was still attempting to receive a longer reduced 6 month payment program. It took over a month for Navient to remove me from their illegal activity of placing me automatically into a deferment program I didn’t request. Then we come to the current day. My first payment of $1245.10 in a new 6 month program was allegedly approved. The first payment was to be made Nov. 22, 2017. However, Navient never took out the first payment and now their website I’m past due on all my Navient loans.

This is just a very brief summary of some of the predatory practices I believe I have been a victim of. Many are recorded in phone conversations. In addition, their charging of additional interest on the balance due, when an automatic payment happens to be on a weekend or holiday when the banks were closed, et. al. And who know how the interest accrued in their Irma deferment program, which I specifically turned down in recorded phone conversations. At $1245.10 per month Navient takes (that is if they would keep their word and auto debit my checking acct) over 50% of my take home salary. I can’t survive off less than $1200 per month for food, medical, utilities, rent, etc. I can’t pay my student loans back.

Moreover, Navient lies have put my only job I can get and hold down in jeopardy now. Financial integrity is very high at my present employer and I don’t want to and won’t embarrass them by being the only one in the company that can’t pay their bills. So, I am counting the days (Dec 31, 2017) before my resignation and then Navient won’t be receiving a penny. There is no social security and no disability. Absolutely nothing. An attorney is a waste of time as Navient is protected by the Trump Admin and the rest of the Federal Gov’t. This is the result of Sallie Mae’s and Navient predatory and loan and servicing programs.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I am a professional and healthcare provider who had student loans sold to Navient. They kept raising my payments to an unaffordable rates which forced me to consolidate my loans. I consolidated my loans with another company who contacted Navient for payoff amount in which they paid. Needless to say Navient did not provide the correct payoff and left a balance on 7 of student loans in which they continued to charge interest. They are an unethical company who takes advantage of people.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I've been faithfully paying on my loans for almost ten years now. I've been going hard after them for the past 3.5 years, ever since getting my first full-time job. This summer I started drastically overpaying, submitting payments of $2,000 at a time. After I began doing this, I started noticing a pretty disturbing trend: the larger the payment I post, the longer that payments stays in what they label the "pending" status. I'm no financial genius, so it took me a little while to figure out their motivation for this.

The larger the payment, the more they lose out on being able to charge me interest on my loans. So they wait FOREVER to process my payments. This kind of manipulation of the system in order to rack up as many pennies from us student loan holders is nothing short of sick. All I'm trying to do is dig my way out of my loan pit so I can actually have financial freedom for the first time since high school. Navient - and our government officials who enable them - make me absolutely disgusted. I can't wait to pay off the last of my loans (should be done by June 2019) and say goodbye to this horrible company forever.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I started paying my loan and when the hours of my job lower. I called Navient to get my payments lower. They decided to do a deferments. I did the deferment. Navient never said they were only doing certain loans on deferment. It was my understanding that the entire loan would be on deferments. Navient continue to put my loan in default. I agreed to a payment plan and when I check the account it say I was past due. My loan went from 60,000.00 to 66,000.00.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

They just took out more than they should have and never notified me about this. They took 3 times the amount and never notified me of any change. It caused a bounced check and I am out 80.00 for nothing. Cannot wait to pay off the loan.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I have been dealing with NAVIENT in regards to my student loans for a while now. Here is a list of my main problems with NAVIENT: Jan. 2017 - Without permission, they began taking $300 from my checking account. They will not rectify the amount either. Aug. 2017 - I spoke to NAVIENT and confirmed with them that the grace period for In-School Deferment was in place. I was told "Yes." I confirmed that it was being applied to my Federal Loans & Private Loans, again I was told "Yes." Looking at my checking account I see that NAVIENT continues to withdraw money from my account. I am blocking them from my account on Monday.

My Dad co-signed a very small student loan with me. Recently I became aware of the fact that NAVIENT has not only been taking the payment from me but they have been taking a second monthly payment from my Dad as well. When I set up that payment years ago, I asked if they were receiving payments from my Father and the woman I spoke with said: "No, we are not receiving payments from your Father." WHY is NAVIENT allowed to destroy our lives just because we had to get student loans to get a better job so that we can provide for our children/families??? Dealing with NAVIENT has been a complete nightmare. Rude phone calls, rude people, & very poor customer service, and just because they have my account information DOES NOT give them the right to overtake from my account. Thank God I have retained an attorney, I highly encourage everyone else to fight against them. They should not be able to conduct themselves in this manner.

Navient Company Information