Navient

Compare Student Loans

Research top Student Loans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Let me just start with, when my loans were with Sallie Mae, I never had any problems and could afford the monthly payment. Now that it is Navient, I have had nothing but problems. I have been asking for a deferment for the past year because of financial hardships and all they can do (so they claim) is do 3 month at a time forbearance but I have to pay $50 per loan (I have 2) to cover that 3 month time frame. I NEVER had to do that with Sallie Mae. They told me I could only do a deferment if I was a current student or in the military. Yet my mom goes through them and she has a deferment because of medical problems.

Lately I haven't been able to make payments on time and instead of them calling, emailing or sending me a letter to let me know of the late payments, they have been calling my co-signer which is my aunt. They call her several times a day and yet I have heard nothing from them. My aunt is not happy that she is being harassed about it when it's my problem not hers. I was in school almost 10 years ago and back then I needed a cosigner, no I don't feel she needs to be on the account anymore and you have to jump through SO many hoops to have the cosigner released. It's absolutely ridiculous! She is also being told that her credit is being affected by this but yet Navient tells me that it has never been negatively reported to the credit bureau. I am beyond frustrated and wish this could all go back to Sallie Mae were it was simply, pain free and affordable. They were at least knowledgeable about ways they could help you, Navient - not so much!

Navient has mastered the art of dodging questions, misleading customers, and creating unnecessary anxiety. Throughout my relationship with the company, I was forced to seek legal guidance, consult financial advisors, and record phone calls with their customer service representatives. They automatically debited from my bank account without permission and subsequently took 8 day to return the money. When I asked if a financial advisor could handle my future negotiations with the company (on three different occasions), each representative noted they would research this and call me back. They never did. Ultimately, I threatened to sign over power of attorney to a legal representative.

At that point, I was actually put in touch with a customer service representative who candidly explained my best option was to refinance with a different lender. Navient called throughout the day and from different phone numbers. In three years of payments with their company, I was not past due once. They would call at 9 a.m. while I was trying to put my newborn child to sleep. The sad part for Navient is this: I NEVER ran away from them. I ALWAYS wanted to make payments. I constantly called to negotiate payments based on changes to my income. I sought out advice from financial advisors for best practices to pay off this debt. I was not a so called "millennial" looking to dodge my debt. While I may have been a clueless 18 year old when I originally signed for my loans, I never played the "Woe is me" card. I took responsibility for my debt and always sought the best ways to repay it.

I have no way of knowing if my new lender will be as horrific in their practices. One can certainly hope not. Nonetheless, this does not change how damaging my experience with Navient was. Moving forward, I am seeking legal counsel and considering suit for Navient's unwillingness to alter my payments based on income. Navient has a right and duty to collect debts from borrowers. I would never argue that. However, their despicable customer service practices continue to haunt me and my family.

Since 2011, Navient has been telling me my consolidated loans qualify for public service forgiveness and not to worry. I have called them repeatedly to inquire about the eligibility of my loans. Every time, I was told that my loans qualify, and that I'll be eligible for forgiveness in October 2017. I just received a letter from the U.S. Dept. of Education telling me that my loans are not eligible. Needless to say, this was shocking and disturbing news. I immediately called Navient, and I was met with a defensive and evasive representative. He told me there were no records of me ever calling Navient about public service forgiveness.

I called back and got another representative, who told me he had calls going back years where I called in to ask about direct loan consolidation and public service forgiveness. Then, I got in touch with a so-called "customer advocate" at Navient. Some advocate she was. She denied that I was ever told there was a record of me calling Navient, and that it was my word against Navient's. I requested copies of all phone communication logs, and she said she'd make a note of it. Weeks later, I followed up with a phone call. I was told by another "advocate" that requests for phone logs had to be made in writing. I was also informed that when a public servant asks that their loans be converted to "direct" loans, the loan is purchased from Navient.

For someone like me, who is in Navient's clutches until 2040, loan conversions have to be against Navient's financial interests. If I convert to a direct loan, they lose my loan and decades of interest that go with it. My guess is that Navient representatives are told not to advise public servants of the need to convert to "direct" loans for this very reason. The U.S. Dept. of Education tells me that I can convert to a "direct" loan now, that it just takes a phone call or simple online application. Because of Navient's lies for 7 years, I never made that phone call or filled out that simple application. My family and I have made major life decisions based on Navient's promise of public service forgiveness.

Now, we are at a crossroads. Navient tells me I can convert to a direct loan now, but that I'd have to start my 10 years of public service and 120 loan payments all over again. I'm scheduled to retire in 6 years, when I'll have 30 years of public service in! No wonder that Navient is being sued left and right for dubious loan servicing practices. The problem? I have written to my senators, the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, the U.S. Dept. of Education Ombudsman, the Illinois Attorney General, and the U.S. Attorney General about Navient's misleading lending practices. The response? None forthcoming. I guess we public servants who are dealing with shoddy lenders are being left out to dry.

I called them THREE times to see if my account was eligible for the lesser rate by enrolling in auto payment. ALL THREE times I was told yes, it's every account. After being charged the higher rate and sending emails they simply said Sorry for being misinformed. The lady I spoke to on the phone was rude and tried blaming me for their error. The worst company I have EVER had to deal with. Cannot wait to leave it.

We signed this student loan along with our daughter when she was in college a few years ago. Several times over the years we have tried to get the auto pay to work or manually schedule a payment and it consistently does not pull from the bank as it should. When Navient calls to say there is a business matter they need to discuss, there is no one to take the call when we try to call back - and they continue to call hour after hour even through the weekend and there is no way to talk to them.

If they are going to make a call please have the common courtesy to answer the phone when we try to call back. There have been dozens of phone calls to Navient over the last few years to deal with the issues, I cannot say how very dissatisfied we are with this experience. If anyone else ran a business like this it would be shut down because of poor management. In addition these people are managing funds used to send students to school, what a poor example! We have put several students through school (6) and always paid the student loans back. I will never recommend to anyone that they use a loan Navient will manage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Navient?

I started receiving phone calls from Navient. Responded and difficult to reach representative. I was told I did not make a payment that I did make. Sneaky business. I was told that my payment was sent to one of my loans and I didn't make the other loan payment. I wrote both accounts on the money order and included both slips with amounts filled out on each slip. Unbelievable a loan company that can't add two numbers and see the amounts are together. I did this the previous month and there was no problem.

These people are handling my two accounts and I do not trust them. I refused to give them any more money for the month they say I didn't pay and they have probably turned my accounts into the credit bureau which they have done probably many times before. They are very sneaky. Always trying to trick and get money out of you. I went off and do not want anything to do with these people. Every holiday, overtime pay, taxes these people are breathing down my neck. Also, they introduced themselves using my email address which I have told them to never use my email to send communications to me. I will not get their messages by email. I just want to quit my job.

Originally my loan was being handled by Sallie Mae. I didn't have any trouble then, the payments were low and I paid on time. The loan changed hands a few times over the years. Ten years into paying I got married, and also went through financial hardship. So I took a few deferments- this is about the time Navient must have taken over the loan. Once my deferment was over I did NOT receive a new payment schedule NOR an invoice NOR anything like a bill. Also they did NOT call or email. NO CONTACT from their end for TWO YEARS when they sent a collection notice!!! Which was okay - because I was unemployed. No way to pay it anyway. Now I have a job and they have decided to garnish my wages. Even after I wrote to them asking for a new payment schedule.

This company has friendly, but very unknowledgeable staff - on purpose. No one there can actually help you. What they CAN do is (eagerly) try to get you to sign up for more debt and they do this with programs that make your monthly bill affordable, but never have it pay down your principal. They don't tell you this, but if you know the gimmick and ask "Does this pay down the principal" they will begrudgingly admit it or try to rephrase it so it doesn't sound bad - but it is...VERY BAD.

They get you to sign these bad deals knowing you are not reckless... that you care about your credit score, not going to collections and that you want to be able to buy a house later in life - Guess what? You can't anyway, because you will find out after being denied several times with an almost perfect score, that your debt to income ratio is too high... yeah, your loans will ruin your chance even with a 780 like I had. In just one month, my monthly bill will go up $487.49!!! It's like I'm borrowing more money, but I'm not...

I called - thinking there was a mistake. Did they not receive last month's payment? No, everything is fine and my account is in good standing - the rep simply told me that the rate went up... (for no reason other than it can). These are not late fees for being irresponsible - this is outright loan sharking and 14% is so unfair. For all that profit, what service or "greater good" comes from it? It is just incredible greed that pulls the whole system down when borrowers like me default... this is bad business. Lift up the economy with fair lending, not bring it down with loans that will default - it's the housing market garbage all over again, but with students this time (as if those co-signed parents haven't suffered enough) - Oh, and if you love your parents, don't let them co-sign for you.

I love my Federal loans because I borrowed what I needed and was able to pay back what I borrowed at a fair rate. I understand business needs and that people need/should make a living, but this is a company charging well beyond reasonable means without an alternative (just as unethical as a monopoly). Private student loans are a trap, because unlike a business venture that fails, there is no way out for the student. Navient could go bankrupt and change its name to walk away from a bad deal, but I can't. Bankruptcy does nothing to the loan and older folks need to understand that before passing judgment on students - students of parents like them who don't have money that grows on trees or lavish inheritances. I can't consolidate (like I did with my Federal loans), I was denied refinancing (for years and recently too) and I can't get out of this legal bind without filing a suit (that I will likely lose).

I was hoping I could just make the payments I can afford (not the full $728.50) only to find out it would be like defaulting anyway... I can't even get a second job in time to make up the difference. One month is just not enough time and after that, what if they just raise it again? Given their track record (my account history), they will. It's how they can afford that "talk to me like I'm a person" automated system that tries to keep you from talking to real person... I see no end in sight, I have no control or idea of what I will owe my private student loans from one month to the next. By contrast, my federal loans (4%-6%) have been consistently the same amount so I can (and have) pay them off (good business). I have talked to attorneys and default will give me negotiation leverage. I am also looking at saving up the money I would otherwise be paying them to put it towards being sued later down the road - if that happens.

PLEASE - if I knew then what I was getting into, I wouldn't have signed, but I had adults that I respected pressure me to sign. Tell every 18+ year old to AVOID private student loans at all costs! Take time off from school, just don't sign. You have plenty of time to learn new skills, but a debt that only grows will ruin your life and NO ONE takes out a loan with that in mind - We all intend to pay it down, Navient just won't let me. I was modest (no fancy schools) and only borrowed $30,000, but it's about $50,000 now and growing each month.

If I could write a consumer affairs review on the state of the U.S. educational and universities system, believe me, I would do so happily. But I digress... It's pretty obvious from the other reviews and the amazing 1-star rating, that Navient has a lot of issues. I am no different than many of the other dissatisfied customers. I signed up for my student loans with Sallie Mae. I carefully reviewed the interest rates and other information closely with my father, who is the co-signer on my loan.

When I graduated I began to pay off what I could on the loan. It was relatively easy to negotiate a fair price with Sallie Mae, as they have a lot of experience in working with students and their debt. One day I received a letter from Navient saying that they will now be the loan company taking over my account... fine. But, over time this switch became a nightmare. I've had a substantial amount of student debt owed but never worried because Sallie Mae was always patient or offered realistic plans to help when I was hard done by.

Granted there have been some hardships in life since I graduated college, including periods of unemployment, unexpected home and medical costs, we all go through these times. The first time I was laid off unexpectedly from my first job right out of school, working in the field of my study. It took me some time to find new work. Throughout this ordeal, Navient was not helpful in assisting me with an appropriate plan to keep my credit in check and my loan interest from spinning out of control. Well, no matter what you try to work out with them, or pay, it seems the loan interest will just "do what it wants to." Most of the time I am paying on interest anyway with only a small percentage going towards the principal amount due on the loan. I think since I've graduated my total amount due on all of my private loans has gone up about $9,000, even though I am paying on them regularly.

In any case, there was another time in my professional career that found me tight and Navient assured me they would help by enrolling me in an auto-pay program that will get me back on the right track without endangering my credit. Their monthly rate was still a little high compared to my other expenses I mentioned to them in the personal financial evaluation, but I made do as long as I could until I had no savings left. This is not only because of the high monthly rates they charged to "help" me get back on track, but also because they mis-charged my bank account, often taking out double payments or payments on dates that were not agreed on by myself or the folks at Navient.

I am not a rich guy and I don't come from a wealthy background. My father retired after I graduated and suffers from mental and physical handicaps from his time served in the Vietnam War. I am left to work out what I can on my own. When these multiple payments come out on the wrong date, my finances for the month are a mess or non-existent. Often to the point where I need to borrow petty cash from friends just to eat.

Of course both times this mis-charge happened, I called and complained. The customer service representatives agree it's their fault and then say they will reimburse the money. Sometimes the money is never sent back and (I hope) the double balance that I paid is going towards the loan which is often hard to tell. When I do get it back, it takes almost a week or more. This is funny because even if your payment date is approaching and you don't owe 1 penny to Navient yet, they still call you and harass until they lock in your card info to make or schedule the payment. When they are owed money they expected it immediately, but when they owe me something from an error it takes a week or more or never?! I finally had enough and opted not to enroll in auto-pay, in fact I've requested that my bank block payments in the future that are automatically taken out by Navient.

I'm happy to say that through my hard work both professionally and in my educational life, I now live and work in Berlin where I currently reside. It has been my dream for years and I'm very happy to be here. Of course, Navient has no sympathy for people moving to a new country and starting a new life for new work. Communication with them since relocating overseas has been almost impossible. My charges for international dialing just from hold times alone are over 40 per month, they are indirectly costing me money just by keeping me on the line for so long. Often it seems if I am a bit too pressing or they aren't offering me anything that's reasonable, the customer service representative gets flustered and sometimes I am "disconnected" but it's clear they hung up. There have been a handful of times that the call just was never picked up, I have been on hold with them for 93 mins and spoke to anyone for help.

Moreover, they seem to disregard my international contact information I've given them about any correspondence. I never receive calls or letters from them but my parents do. Obviously my parents cannot help and with my father's condition, the stress and uncertainty of being called multiple times a day without anyone on the other line is more than unsettling. Any information I receive from Navient comes to me from my mother who is unsure why she is also getting calls, as she is not even signed on to the loans. It is stressing out my parents and they have now taken on a great deal of anxiety because of relentless methods to reach out to me to schedule an upcoming payment.

Overall this entire experience has made me loathe a bit my choice to go to college. Which is a real problem this country is facing now as cost of living and education goes up but salaries stay low. Who could blame the "millennial" generation for not buying homes, getting married or going for a Master's Degree, the entire system has been built in a way that makes these important life decisions tough to many my age. Often leaving many to even question their decision to get a higher education.

I would absolutely attribute the many problems with our educational and university system, and Navient as a deterrent to many who would rather forego the education costs and learn a skill that will start them with a positive balance from day one, rather than graduating from college with no work experience with tens of thousands of dollars in debt. Is this really the way to set up an aspiring college graduate for success and well-being? Anyways, avoid Navient at all costs if you can. I only hope more lawsuits will surface and something can be done for all of us out there who have been harassed and wrongfully treated by this company.

I called Navient in March to ask how I can fill out an application because the studentloans.gov site was down. They told me to fill it out and they would take care of the rest. Three months later, I am charged a ton of fees and told it was incomplete and I had to do it again. I had a woman at studentloans.gov help me fill out the application and resubmit it. Last week I was told it was done incorrectly and that I had to do it again. More fees were added to my account. The woman on the phone made no effort to correct the situation both times. They take no responsibility for anything. They set you up for failure, and when you fail they add more fees. It's a crooked system backed by the government!!!

In May I called to have my date for my school loan changed from the 15th to the 1st of the month. The lady I spoke to neglected to tell me that since my payments were automatically taken out that the only way the payment would not be deducted was to stop the auto pay. So 2 payments were taken out and I was told that the next payment would not be taken out until August 1. Well another payment was scheduled to come out in July. I asked them why the lady I spoke to in May neglected to tell me that fact about the auto pay. Well the supervisor said he didn't know and was sorry it happened and it was their mistake, but there was still nothing they could do to resolve it. I have never been so frustrated in my entire life.

When I went to college - I went years - I was able to pay off my loans in 5 years. With Navient I carry 4 Parent Plus loans with Navient - I pay what I am suppose to - on time - no missed payments and yet I see the amount of the loan increasing not decreasing every month. I asked for a reason and have not gotten any response. I agree they do act like a collection agency and are not helpful.

Trying to Navient is equal to finding a needle in a haystack. The numbers provided on the tools and request page don't work. There is not real contact information on the Contact us page. There is no attempt on this company website to make contacting for help and information forthright. I have to google contact information for this company when I need to contact customer service. Whenever I engage in some kind of communication or request where I have to fill out information I never receive any kind of confirmation that the request reached this company or any of its representatives. When I call to ask why I'm pointed to the sites internal message log when there should be an option to receive communication updates by multiple email account, etc.

This company not only engages in erroneous repayment behavior. It purposely hides its contact information for requesting help on loan servicing assistance. This company is also now in position to buy up private student loans to be added to their currently defunct loan management system. I really hope the lawsuits against this company gain momentum as well as favor in the courts reviewing them.

The laws defining financial hardship need to be redefined when colleges teach old technology and methods to students when the industry requires current technology be taught to make graduates marketable. One can’t pay back loans when one can't get hired based on not having access to current industry knowledge as part of one's education. This is the position I'm now. I can't pay back loans when I can't get a job in the industry my degree falls under refuses to hire me. Resultant of college programs that are 10 years behind what any industry requires for entry level positions.

They do not take into consideration hardship. In fact, if you say you are struggling, they ring their hands--smile evilly and have you fill out a forbearance or hardship form. Then charge you interest and increase the balance of your loan. Evil laugh, crack of lightening. Your failure to pay is win-win on their end. Paying rent in California with a family, old cars in need of repair, just getting by and they want $484 a month. I hope this company gets hacked by Russia or China.

Run far and fast if you can! If your student debt does get assigned to Navient, prepare, and stay on your A game. I've been with them since graduation, never missed a payment, and the experience has been HORRIFIC. All customer service is routed through an automated system. When you are able to get someone on the phone they are often less than helpful. They will often provide inaccurate info and try and steer you toward forbearance without even mentioning that it will cost you much more in the long run.

I've been signing up for IBR for about 5 years (no thanks to Navient) and every single year it is a song and dance to ensure they've received, processed and approved my application for IBR. Reps often say things that contradict the email communication and there's a general sense of 'left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing' over there. Like I said, if you are assigned to them, stay on your A game and stay on top of them. It is little wonder they're being sued by the government. Definitely BEWARE!!!

I have five Parent Plus loans, four for our son and one for our daughter. They are so messed up, I've already been working on them for two months trying to sort them out and there is still no resolution in sight. Payments made in first 120 days of loan disbursement should be posted as refunds and no interest applied. However, they only applied the refunds to loan 2. Payments made prior to repayment status are to be prorated between loans however, there are months where 100% of the payment went to loan 2 (the one with the lowest principal balance of all five loans) and no payments were posted to the other four, allowing interest to accrue at a ridiculously high rate.

When payments were posted, they are not consistent at all. For example, some months $20 would be posted to one loan and the next month would posted to that same loan (the total payment made, which was to be prorated between all of my loans stayed the same - just the proration/allocation changed). Now in repayment and was given a payment schedule however, they do not follow that schedule. In fact, loan 2 had a monthly payment of $84.84, which they followed for 10 months. Then, the payment dropped (?) to $73.33 for about 18 months. Now, it has dropped (?) again to $17.33 (barely enough to even cover the accrued interest!!! What a scam... the lower the payment, the longer you pay, and the more interest they accrue.

I have spoken to 2 customer service reps, a senior account rep, an account specialist, faxed a manager (since you can't ever talk to one and I was given their name and fax number), and am now working with the consumer advocate's office. The advocate sounded like she wanted to help. However, her "help" has resulted in loans being even more messed up. I told them they had until 6/01 to get it straightened out before I filed complaints with anybody and everybody involved who could possibly help. Their reply was that they needed "time to research" my loans. What have they been doing for 2 months? I am done "working" with them. Time to find another avenue to get this resolved before they bankrupt me because their information is incorrect.

Navient is a legalized scam company. I applied for the 2-year plan of $172.00. I was told I would be notified when the 2 year period would be up and I’d be able to apply for another 2 year agreement. Upon making my recent loan payment I noticed that my loan had increased from $172.00 to $465.00. I immediately called Navient to see if this was an error. I was informed this was my new payment. I asked why I wasn’t notified about the increase either by letter or email. Daniel, the representative stated I was sent an email on May 4, 2017. I check my email everyday even my junk email, there wasn’t an email stating this new transaction. This company lies to cover their own mistakes. The representative starting asking me for my tax information which I thought was very odd. I had to put my loan in forbearance until they get their lies together. This is a horrible company. I hope this is one of the companies that is eliminated.

Sallie Mae/Navient calls me every day, sometimes multiple times a day from different numbers. I have tried blocking all numbers that they have called me from and have run out of the allowed number of blocked numbers that my provider allows. They attempt to call me on weekends and late at night. They never leave me alone. I am paying what I can when I can pay them and they are almost paid off but yet they continue to harass me day in and day out. I hope the pending lawsuit wipes out their company. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with and that's saying something having dealt with many bad organizations/companies over my adult life.

Beware of this student loan ripoff company. I received loans estimated at $10K in 2006-2007. I have made monthly payments on these loans since June 2008. I am not a delinquent borrower. I still owe over $5K. I sent in additional money thinking the principal would go down and allow for quicker debt repayment. I read an article this morning in the paper, advising borrowers to check to see if the loan servicing company is applying extra loan payments to interest or principal.

I checked my Navient account. This company applies extra payments to the interest that increases each month allowing the collection of more interest and a slow repayment of principal. The loan does not reset for a quicker repayment. It appears the borrower have to ask for the extra payments to go to the principal. I checked my payment and for the last year, I sent over $1200 in loan payments resulting in a lower balance of $560.00 with over $600.00 applied to interest that increase .50 percent every few statements. Navient is a ripoff contractor operating for profit and does nothing to help a borrower.

I'll just give you the latest. Read all other reviews of this company to get the picture. The money I'm paying on my student loans is being stolen. They show in their records literally a payment of one dollar for this entire year. My bank records strongly disagree. Meanwhile, they have been tacking on interest at will, and the little bit of money they do show me paying is only going toward that interest. I have no idea how far back this goes, as I have been paying on the loans for 10+ years. That's my own fault for not monitoring well, but I don't think I'll be able to find records of anywhere close to all the money I've paid that company.

I've changed banks a few times, paid from different accounts, etc. I'm talking to my attorney to find out what I can do. This has literally cost me tens of thousands of dollars, and since Navient is a government entity, there's a 99.9999% chance there's not a thing I can do about it. Better vent on the internet, right? That'll show 'em.

Reading through these reviews, it's easy to see NAVIENT is scamming everyone. I have been paying on my loans for years... since graduation from medical school in 2001. As a physician, our student loans are through the roof. Doesn't matter what you make, student loans are a killer and NAVIENT makes it worse. My payments are now $425 a month, but they keep trying to get me to pay that twice monthly. It's easy to see the payments have gone through, but they will keep doubling them each month and saying I'm late. It's confusing as hell and I hope the lawsuit sinks them completely.

Graduated payment plan scam. I agreed to a set payment for 2 years. I was told once I fulfilled the 2 year payment agreement, I would see my balance decrease. In speaking with some kind today, that's not true. Even the little applied to principal has been deducted. So I will owe the exact same amount after paying for two years as I did when I started the payments. The balance will be the exact same. SCAM!!!

This company is horrible. I've tried to correct inaccurate accounts from back in 1998 to now. Please don't use them. They still do not have it corrected. I've been to ombudsman, Washington Dept. of Education, all the fraud departments, consumer advocate center, and still nothing. The only place to use is Nelnet and if you are disable, and still have to pay on the amount in taxes if you sign up on permanent disability. The biggest kick that can down the road situation. I've talked to over 15 supervisors, several individuals in ombudsman, and Attorney General. Still no one can take out of National Student Data System on inaccurate information. NIGHTMARE. NIGHTMARE. NIGHTMARE, stay away from this company!!!

I attended this school in 2007 for the Medical Assisting program. From the first month in I complained to the Dean that we did not have sufficient supplies, Medisoft Program did not work and students were literally fighting in the classroom and or coming in still drunk or high on something. Nothing he would do about it! Again, went and complained I am being charged for services promised and still nothing works and problems in classroom persist. Dean stated "well drop out then" and you will still have to pay student loans! I wrote letters to the Dept of Ed and received not one reply. I quit my job at the time to go to school for hours a week to better myself and Family. I may have graduated with honors but, it did not better my situation at all. I even took the AAMA test and passed thinking this would help me. Nope just a waste of time and money again!

I ended up with students loans and high interest and no one would help me! I filled out paperwork all the time and turned down although should have qualified!! i.e., home went into foreclosure. I could not get a job or start my career due to Everest had such a bad reputation besides I needed to know Medisoft and the program never worked! WE all just miraculously passed the course!

My taxes have been taken for 3 years now but, payments don't show on my credit report, Navient will not work with me at all and I have even proven health issues. My Family suffered during the 7 month program which was just a BIG SCAM! My Husband had to work overtime constantly to help make bills as it was the sacrifice we were willing to take at the time. What a waste of time and BAIT AND SWITCH! Lawsuits only go back to 2010 and guess what I know for fact 2007 all the same issues were happening.

Teachers at the time were filling out Student Aid papers and in which was found out after enrolled and classes started. They gave perks for not missing class but, half the people who had missed classes were receiving awards and even at graduation while others were not recognized for any great work and or perfect attendance. I complained to front office probably 10 times and all I ever received were dirty looks, avoided and big bills based on lies. Sallie Mae/Navient does not help anyone no matter what they prove and should receive help based on their website.

So I have a payment plan with NAVIENT, $100 a month directly out of my checking. Just received a call and Voicemail saying I was behind a month. Called back and they said that the last payment they received was March 1st. That they only do 24 month incriminates when deducting from Checking accounts. So my question to them was why did it take you 2 months to get a hold of me. They said they have been calling since March 1st and that on April 24th they left a Voicemail for me to return a call. Now unknown numbers I don't answer and if it's an unknown number with a Voicemail I delete!! (Scams are ramping up these days). I asked why they didn't send a letter or anything and they said point blank it was my fault that I should have returned their call sooner!! Seriously so many complaints on this forum and the government hasn't done jack about it!! When will enough be enough. This company has no respect for people and are just disgusting in nature!!

I have two years left on ten years worth of student loan payments. I never had any problems until Navient took over my loans. Now I am bombarded with calls about "missed" payments despite the fact that my payments go through every month (they're automatically deducted from my bank) and Navient misappropriates which of my two loans to pay (despite the fact that after EXTENSIVE calls, they assure me my routing info is all correct). I have walked through "troubleshooting" calls every few weeks, am told the situation is resolved, and then like groundhog day I get another call saying I'm delinquent again. This company is an absolute disgrace. This is the first negative review I've ever written in my life - but at a certain point, enough is enough.

I called and requested to pay extra money on my loan, above my monthly payment. This was increased. I now called as I need to go back to my previous monthly payment as before. The representative told me that I could not do this and that the terms of my loan had changed. I explained to the Rep that the original Rep had said nothing about changing the loan terms when I called. I did not sign anything either. The Rep did not say that the loan terms would change if I paid a higher amount each month.

This current Rep said that I had to stay at the new amount and I could not go back to the previous loan terms and that indeed, I would have to re-apply for a new repayment plan. I was told that my loan is below 30,000 and now my repayment options are limited! I now have to send in another application for repayment. I would like to know how trying to accelerate paying a loan cause a change in terms and this was not explained up front during the original phone call.

I took out 2 private loans with Sallie Mae in 2006. I graduated a few years later with a debt of 30,000. My private loans we 4,100 @ 18% and 4,300 @ 18%. I didn't qualify for any grants because I was at the age where I still had to use my parents' info as income even though I hadn't lived at home for some time. Fast forward to 2009. I'm married and pregnant. I get put on bedrest for almost 2 months and was not allowed to leave my bedroom. I called Sallie Mae about my loans and explained my situation. They told me that I should sell my vehicle so that I could pay my loans. I was very upset. My husband worked out of town and I planned on going back to work after the baby was born and I could. How would I get to work and pay them if I sold my vehicle. They refused to help me.

So then... Navient takes over all of my loans including Federal. I had my federal on forbearance. I couldn't pay my private. They wanted 300 a month. I just couldn't afford it at the time. They wrote and charged my loans off at bad debt and loss of profit in 2011. During this time a company named NES started collecting and checking my credit. Then a company named MRS BPO. I didn't hear from them for years on my private loans. I started doing income driven plans for my federal in 2014. Still hadn't heard anything about my private loans. In fact, online they said charged off and they said the same on my credit report.

I go to reapply for my income driven plan at the end of 2016. Then what do you know... my private loans all of the sudden are put back into repayment. They didn't contact me, I didn't sign anything or even speak to anyone. They sent me no correspondence online. It's past the statue of limitations and falls off my credit in 6 months. So I make a complaint with the Federal Consumer Department. Of course Navient feels they have acted appropriately. That's no shock if you read all the other complaints. At the very end of the complaint, they say, "Great News! You can make payments of 144 a month and if you make 3 consecutive payments we will lower your interest to .0001%." Oh and by the way my 4,100 and 4,300 loans have tripped. One is now 12,000 and the other is 15000.

So I keep reading this ridiculous email response and the last line is "please be aware that Navient no longer services your loan. North star does." Then provides me the phone number. So they just offered me a payment plan. They have been updating my credit report. They entered me into a payment plan online without consent but they do not own my loan??? They are a bunch of crooks. I hope the governments ends their contract with Navient. It is a shame that students have to deal with this.

When you end up spending years as a "customer" of this company you will find out too that as life throws you different situations and you ebb and flow with financial hardship at times during the years of repayment, that the employees of this company consistently don't show any concern for your situation and the company itself doesn't offer many solutions to help you during financial hardship. Reps consistently give you inaccurate information and you feel like you're in a never ending game of tug of war. Nobody can be held accountable. You're screwed.

There are no options to reduce your loan based off of your income no matter how big or small your family is or how much you make. Unless you want to be paying everything off the same day you retire from life. You know, considering there is a lot of life that happens between when you're a college kid and the last day you make a payment as an older adult. This company owns your soul and you will feel that way. Do NOT get a loan from this company. Take a break from school and make your money and go back if need be, but DO NOT BORROW FROM NAVIENT OR SALLIE MAE. Or, you will find out for yourself...

I filed for student loan forgiveness in December and final approval for it was on December 26, 2016. I got letters from the U.S. Treasury that they were going to start taking money out of my SSI Disability check in March 2017. I called and spoke to Navient and Washington State Education also about it and kept getting the runaround. I told both of them that I had letters from them stating all was cleared, kept getting well when WSE sends a letter stating all is forgiving we will stop taking money from you. Then I get hold of WSE and they say the opposite of what Navient told me. So I got money taken out in March of this month and again they are taking money out this month.

I called and spoke to a lady at Navient yesterday and was on the phone for over 45 mins and kept getting put on hold. She said one second please and it was more the a second, I hate it when people said that. So finally she comes back on the phone and said we are updating your information just now and call back tomorrow. Same old story on hold from WSE and then get yes you were approved and it was just updated yesterday. There is a process for a refund going on right now, and it will take up to 30 days for the Dept of Treasury to stop taking money once we send it to them. I wish that both of them could get in serious trouble and fined and the people they are screwing gets quadruple the money back they took. And that they will continue to take money out until then.

Navient Company Profile