1.26/5

693 Navient Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 21, 2019

I really have not dealt with them until Sallie Mae sold my consolidated loan to Navient. I had to be persistent with them about getting a payment plan that I could afford. Found out I qualified for the Income Driven Repayment plan.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I don't have a lot of experience with Navient because Sallie Mae serviced the loans for most of the time I had them (2001-2016.) But I didn't experience any issues with Navient and thought the website was easy to use. My loans were all subsidized Stanford loans, so the loan limits and interest rates were set by the government.

Get expert buying tips about Student Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My loan was originally with Sallie Mae. When Navient came into the picture, they offered several repayment options, allowing one to choose the plan best suited for them. When my income fell below a certain threshold, payments were suspended until sufficient income was attained. I can't begin to tell you how beneficial that was to my particular circumstance. A truly considerate and fair company!

Original review: July 30, 2019

Navient said they couldn't give me a guaranteed estimate on what my new interest rate would be without an application, but gave me a rough estimate of X%. Navient then advised me to submit my application to receive an estimate. They explicitly told me that after I received the estimate I would have paperwork to sign to confirm that I wanted to go through with the consolidation. So, I submitted my paperwork and supporting documents. I soon decided against consolidation, and figured that once things were processed, I would reject it. Well, 2 months later, I suddenly received notices from my new loan provider that a consolidated loan had been dispersed. I called everyone, and there was nothing I could do to undo it. And my interest rate was almost 2% higher than Navient's rough estimate of X%, to boot. Navient tricked me into consolidating my loan against my will. I could never have imagined I couldn't trust them. Be careful if you're dealing with them.

Original review: July 30, 2019

They disabled my account and refuse to open it back up for me SO I CAN GIVE THEM MY MONEY because my dad's deaf and can’t speak on the phone. And they need him to speak on the phone in order to unlock my account so I can pay them????

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Navient?

Original review: July 17, 2019

They left a message once. It was for a strange name. Now they call all hours of the day and night. I have owned my condo for 4 years and have had the same number ever since. Whomever they are trying to reach they simply have the wrong number yet the call continue, again, non-stop and are getting earlier and earlier in the day and well into the night. The few times I have tried to answer the call there is nothing but silence. I tried their website but there is no way to contact them without offering my own personal information.

Original review: July 12, 2019

This is for those who are an ELDERLY person with student loans, RETIREES, NO-INCOME persons, etc., and you need to apply for the yearly no-income exemption, but have not yet applied yet for 2019-2020. CALL NAVIENT. The application takes 3 WEEKS to complete, and will not be completed by JULY 29, 2019, at this point (JULY 12, 2019). This is AFTER the BILLING deadline of JULY 28, 2019, the previous yearly-exemption. Call Navient, and ask them to move your payment date back, so you can complete the application. It is in the borrower's own best interest to be made self-aware, such as this example, where the bills arrived to the home not more than a week ago (JULY 12, 2019).

Original review: July 3, 2019

I have been harassed by these spammers for months on end. They call me daily and want to talk to me about a student loan. I have not now nor have I ever had a student loan. I have told them this and they said they would stop calling but still it is happening daily. They change their phone number every time they call. I block it and yet I still get calls. I am now on a mission to make people aware of the harassment.

Original review: June 27, 2019

These guys are purveyors of misery and suffering. Since they inherited my loan from Sallie Mae, they screwed with the amounts owed and where I was in my repayment to such a confusing state, and all records seemed to go haywire as to be utterly useless. As if they simply altered everything to suit themselves. Complete lack of transparency and you have to jump through hoops to figure out where you're even at in repayment. Truly an evil, nightmarish loanshark.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Navient screwed me because I had consolidated my private loan with two other accounts from different creditors through National Debt Relief. The attorney DBA National Debt Relief attempted to contact them several times in an attempt to negotiate my debt down. Instead of working with my attorney, Navient wrote my account off as bad debt two months ago claiming that the attorney never contacted them. I know for a fact that they are lying. Can't wait to have this debt paid off and be done with them for good!!!

Navient Company Information