Navient

Compare Student Loans

Research top Student Loans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have five Parent Plus loans, four for our son and one for our daughter. They are so messed up, I've already been working on them for two months trying to sort them out and there is still no resolution in sight. Payments made in first 120 days of loan disbursement should be posted as refunds and no interest applied. However, they only applied the refunds to loan 2. Payments made prior to repayment status are to be prorated between loans however, there are months where 100% of the payment went to loan 2 (the one with the lowest principal balance of all five loans) and no payments were posted to the other four, allowing interest to accrue at a ridiculously high rate.

When payments were posted, they are not consistent at all. For example, some months $20 would be posted to one loan and the next month would posted to that same loan (the total payment made, which was to be prorated between all of my loans stayed the same - just the proration/allocation changed). Now in repayment and was given a payment schedule however, they do not follow that schedule. In fact, loan 2 had a monthly payment of $84.84, which they followed for 10 months. Then, the payment dropped (?) to $73.33 for about 18 months. Now, it has dropped (?) again to $17.33 (barely enough to even cover the accrued interest!!! What a scam... the lower the payment, the longer you pay, and the more interest they accrue.

I have spoken to 2 customer service reps, a senior account rep, an account specialist, faxed a manager (since you can't ever talk to one and I was given their name and fax number), and am now working with the consumer advocate's office. The advocate sounded like she wanted to help. However, her "help" has resulted in loans being even more messed up. I told them they had until 6/01 to get it straightened out before I filed complaints with anybody and everybody involved who could possibly help. Their reply was that they needed "time to research" my loans. What have they been doing for 2 months? I am done "working" with them. Time to find another avenue to get this resolved before they bankrupt me because their information is incorrect.

Navient is a legalized scam company. I applied for the 2-year plan of $172.00. I was told I would be notified when the 2 year period would be up and I’d be able to apply for another 2 year agreement. Upon making my recent loan payment I noticed that my loan had increased from $172.00 to $465.00. I immediately called Navient to see if this was an error. I was informed this was my new payment. I asked why I wasn’t notified about the increase either by letter or email. Daniel, the representative stated I was sent an email on May 4, 2017. I check my email everyday even my junk email, there wasn’t an email stating this new transaction. This company lies to cover their own mistakes. The representative starting asking me for my tax information which I thought was very odd. I had to put my loan in forbearance until they get their lies together. This is a horrible company. I hope this is one of the companies that is eliminated.

Sallie Mae/Navient calls me every day, sometimes multiple times a day from different numbers. I have tried blocking all numbers that they have called me from and have run out of the allowed number of blocked numbers that my provider allows. They attempt to call me on weekends and late at night. They never leave me alone. I am paying what I can when I can pay them and they are almost paid off but yet they continue to harass me day in and day out. I hope the pending lawsuit wipes out their company. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with and that's saying something having dealt with many bad organizations/companies over my adult life.

Beware of this student loan ripoff company. I received loans estimated at $10K in 2006-2007. I have made monthly payments on these loans since June 2008. I am not a delinquent borrower. I still owe over $5K. I sent in additional money thinking the principal would go down and allow for quicker debt repayment. I read an article this morning in the paper, advising borrowers to check to see if the loan servicing company is applying extra loan payments to interest or principal.

I checked my Navient account. This company applies extra payments to the interest that increases each month allowing the collection of more interest and a slow repayment of principal. The loan does not reset for a quicker repayment. It appears the borrower have to ask for the extra payments to go to the principal. I checked my payment and for the last year, I sent over $1200 in loan payments resulting in a lower balance of $560.00 with over $600.00 applied to interest that increase .50 percent every few statements. Navient is a ripoff contractor operating for profit and does nothing to help a borrower.

I'll just give you the latest. Read all other reviews of this company to get the picture. The money I'm paying on my student loans is being stolen. They show in their records literally a payment of one dollar for this entire year. My bank records strongly disagree. Meanwhile, they have been tacking on interest at will, and the little bit of money they do show me paying is only going toward that interest. I have no idea how far back this goes, as I have been paying on the loans for 10+ years. That's my own fault for not monitoring well, but I don't think I'll be able to find records of anywhere close to all the money I've paid that company.

I've changed banks a few times, paid from different accounts, etc. I'm talking to my attorney to find out what I can do. This has literally cost me tens of thousands of dollars, and since Navient is a government entity, there's a 99.9999% chance there's not a thing I can do about it. Better vent on the internet, right? That'll show 'em.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Navient?

Reading through these reviews, it's easy to see NAVIENT is scamming everyone. I have been paying on my loans for years... since graduation from medical school in 2001. As a physician, our student loans are through the roof. Doesn't matter what you make, student loans are a killer and NAVIENT makes it worse. My payments are now $425 a month, but they keep trying to get me to pay that twice monthly. It's easy to see the payments have gone through, but they will keep doubling them each month and saying I'm late. It's confusing as hell and I hope the lawsuit sinks them completely.

Graduated payment plan scam. I agreed to a set payment for 2 years. I was told once I fulfilled the 2 year payment agreement, I would see my balance decrease. In speaking with some kind today, that's not true. Even the little applied to principal has been deducted. So I will owe the exact same amount after paying for two years as I did when I started the payments. The balance will be the exact same. SCAM!!!

This company is horrible. I've tried to correct inaccurate accounts from back in 1998 to now. Please don't use them. They still do not have it corrected. I've been to ombudsman, Washington Dept. of Education, all the fraud departments, consumer advocate center, and still nothing. The only place to use is Nelnet and if you are disable, and still have to pay on the amount in taxes if you sign up on permanent disability. The biggest kick that can down the road situation. I've talked to over 15 supervisors, several individuals in ombudsman, and Attorney General. Still no one can take out of National Student Data System on inaccurate information. NIGHTMARE. NIGHTMARE. NIGHTMARE, stay away from this company!!!

I attended this school in 2007 for the Medical Assisting program. From the first month in I complained to the Dean that we did not have sufficient supplies, Medisoft Program did not work and students were literally fighting in the classroom and or coming in still drunk or high on something. Nothing he would do about it! Again, went and complained I am being charged for services promised and still nothing works and problems in classroom persist. Dean stated "well drop out then" and you will still have to pay student loans! I wrote letters to the Dept of Ed and received not one reply. I quit my job at the time to go to school for hours a week to better myself and Family. I may have graduated with honors but, it did not better my situation at all. I even took the AAMA test and passed thinking this would help me. Nope just a waste of time and money again!

I ended up with students loans and high interest and no one would help me! I filled out paperwork all the time and turned down although should have qualified!! i.e., home went into foreclosure. I could not get a job or start my career due to Everest had such a bad reputation besides I needed to know Medisoft and the program never worked! WE all just miraculously passed the course!

My taxes have been taken for 3 years now but, payments don't show on my credit report, Navient will not work with me at all and I have even proven health issues. My Family suffered during the 7 month program which was just a BIG SCAM! My Husband had to work overtime constantly to help make bills as it was the sacrifice we were willing to take at the time. What a waste of time and BAIT AND SWITCH! Lawsuits only go back to 2010 and guess what I know for fact 2007 all the same issues were happening.

Teachers at the time were filling out Student Aid papers and in which was found out after enrolled and classes started. They gave perks for not missing class but, half the people who had missed classes were receiving awards and even at graduation while others were not recognized for any great work and or perfect attendance. I complained to front office probably 10 times and all I ever received were dirty looks, avoided and big bills based on lies. Sallie Mae/Navient does not help anyone no matter what they prove and should receive help based on their website.

So I have a payment plan with NAVIENT, $100 a month directly out of my checking. Just received a call and Voicemail saying I was behind a month. Called back and they said that the last payment they received was March 1st. That they only do 24 month incriminates when deducting from Checking accounts. So my question to them was why did it take you 2 months to get a hold of me. They said they have been calling since March 1st and that on April 24th they left a Voicemail for me to return a call. Now unknown numbers I don't answer and if it's an unknown number with a Voicemail I delete!! (Scams are ramping up these days). I asked why they didn't send a letter or anything and they said point blank it was my fault that I should have returned their call sooner!! Seriously so many complaints on this forum and the government hasn't done jack about it!! When will enough be enough. This company has no respect for people and are just disgusting in nature!!

I have two years left on ten years worth of student loan payments. I never had any problems until Navient took over my loans. Now I am bombarded with calls about "missed" payments despite the fact that my payments go through every month (they're automatically deducted from my bank) and Navient misappropriates which of my two loans to pay (despite the fact that after EXTENSIVE calls, they assure me my routing info is all correct). I have walked through "troubleshooting" calls every few weeks, am told the situation is resolved, and then like groundhog day I get another call saying I'm delinquent again. This company is an absolute disgrace. This is the first negative review I've ever written in my life - but at a certain point, enough is enough.

I called and requested to pay extra money on my loan, above my monthly payment. This was increased. I now called as I need to go back to my previous monthly payment as before. The representative told me that I could not do this and that the terms of my loan had changed. I explained to the Rep that the original Rep had said nothing about changing the loan terms when I called. I did not sign anything either. The Rep did not say that the loan terms would change if I paid a higher amount each month.

This current Rep said that I had to stay at the new amount and I could not go back to the previous loan terms and that indeed, I would have to re-apply for a new repayment plan. I was told that my loan is below 30,000 and now my repayment options are limited! I now have to send in another application for repayment. I would like to know how trying to accelerate paying a loan cause a change in terms and this was not explained up front during the original phone call.

I took out 2 private loans with Sallie Mae in 2006. I graduated a few years later with a debt of 30,000. My private loans we 4,100 @ 18% and 4,300 @ 18%. I didn't qualify for any grants because I was at the age where I still had to use my parents' info as income even though I hadn't lived at home for some time. Fast forward to 2009. I'm married and pregnant. I get put on bedrest for almost 2 months and was not allowed to leave my bedroom. I called Sallie Mae about my loans and explained my situation. They told me that I should sell my vehicle so that I could pay my loans. I was very upset. My husband worked out of town and I planned on going back to work after the baby was born and I could. How would I get to work and pay them if I sold my vehicle. They refused to help me.

So then... Navient takes over all of my loans including Federal. I had my federal on forbearance. I couldn't pay my private. They wanted 300 a month. I just couldn't afford it at the time. They wrote and charged my loans off at bad debt and loss of profit in 2011. During this time a company named NES started collecting and checking my credit. Then a company named MRS BPO. I didn't hear from them for years on my private loans. I started doing income driven plans for my federal in 2014. Still hadn't heard anything about my private loans. In fact, online they said charged off and they said the same on my credit report.

I go to reapply for my income driven plan at the end of 2016. Then what do you know... my private loans all of the sudden are put back into repayment. They didn't contact me, I didn't sign anything or even speak to anyone. They sent me no correspondence online. It's past the statue of limitations and falls off my credit in 6 months. So I make a complaint with the Federal Consumer Department. Of course Navient feels they have acted appropriately. That's no shock if you read all the other complaints. At the very end of the complaint, they say, "Great News! You can make payments of 144 a month and if you make 3 consecutive payments we will lower your interest to .0001%." Oh and by the way my 4,100 and 4,300 loans have tripped. One is now 12,000 and the other is 15000.

So I keep reading this ridiculous email response and the last line is "please be aware that Navient no longer services your loan. North star does." Then provides me the phone number. So they just offered me a payment plan. They have been updating my credit report. They entered me into a payment plan online without consent but they do not own my loan??? They are a bunch of crooks. I hope the governments ends their contract with Navient. It is a shame that students have to deal with this.

When you end up spending years as a "customer" of this company you will find out too that as life throws you different situations and you ebb and flow with financial hardship at times during the years of repayment, that the employees of this company consistently don't show any concern for your situation and the company itself doesn't offer many solutions to help you during financial hardship. Reps consistently give you inaccurate information and you feel like you're in a never ending game of tug of war. Nobody can be held accountable. You're screwed.

There are no options to reduce your loan based off of your income no matter how big or small your family is or how much you make. Unless you want to be paying everything off the same day you retire from life. You know, considering there is a lot of life that happens between when you're a college kid and the last day you make a payment as an older adult. This company owns your soul and you will feel that way. Do NOT get a loan from this company. Take a break from school and make your money and go back if need be, but DO NOT BORROW FROM NAVIENT OR SALLIE MAE. Or, you will find out for yourself...

I filed for student loan forgiveness in December and final approval for it was on December 26, 2016. I got letters from the U.S. Treasury that they were going to start taking money out of my SSI Disability check in March 2017. I called and spoke to Navient and Washington State Education also about it and kept getting the runaround. I told both of them that I had letters from them stating all was cleared, kept getting well when WSE sends a letter stating all is forgiving we will stop taking money from you. Then I get hold of WSE and they say the opposite of what Navient told me. So I got money taken out in March of this month and again they are taking money out this month.

I called and spoke to a lady at Navient yesterday and was on the phone for over 45 mins and kept getting put on hold. She said one second please and it was more the a second, I hate it when people said that. So finally she comes back on the phone and said we are updating your information just now and call back tomorrow. Same old story on hold from WSE and then get yes you were approved and it was just updated yesterday. There is a process for a refund going on right now, and it will take up to 30 days for the Dept of Treasury to stop taking money once we send it to them. I wish that both of them could get in serious trouble and fined and the people they are screwing gets quadruple the money back they took. And that they will continue to take money out until then.

Twelve years ago we took out a student loan for my daughter. When she dropped out of college we set up a payment plan and I don't know how we ended up with Navient. My husband took care of all of our finances. He is now currently disabled and, before his surgery in January 2017, I had to quit my job to care for him in our home. Now Navient is telling me that they will garner his social security to pay back the loan. That's all I have to live on. We don't own our home and have mountains of debt excluding his medical expenses.

He is a Vietnam Vet suffering from diaphragmatic paralysis that was caused by exposure to Agent Orange but we have been unable to see a VA doctor b/c he is on a ventilator in a rehab center and must be examined by a VA doc who will not come to our facility. What can I do? His doctor has filled out the required forms for a permanent disability discharge of the loan but Navient refuses to acknowledge or honor this document. What can I do and who can help me?

They do NOT send out tax forms. When you try to get your tax form online, they ALWAYS tell you your password is no longer valid--even though you have recently logged into your account to pay. When you call to get it fixed, you are placed on hold and can only "talk" to their automated attendant. When you ask to talk to a real human, she SERIOUSLY hangs up on you. She tells you "I'm sorry, but I'm going to disconnect the call" because you want to talk to a real person. You have NO options to have a human help you. I NEVER chose this company. They are AWFUL. The entire student loan business/service is terrible and this company is the worst one my loan has ever been "sold" to. Just terrible. Can I choose to take my loan elsewhere? If so, how?

Navient has consistently proven itself a predatory lending practice, profiting off of students who are struggling to get the jobs it touted in exchange for signing away on massive debt. Every day, I have to look at every penny I save and say "should I be saving for retirement now, or pay off my student loans?" If I had been able to save HALF of the money I'd been paying Navient, I might ACTUALLY GET TO RETIRE SOME DAY. But no -- probably never -- Navient bleeds me dry. And now I hear that they're trying to have a lawsuit thrown out because Navient OFFICIALLY STATED in court that its public statements encouraging borrowers to contact the company didn’t mean it would act in their best interest. THIS IS DOCUMENTED. Navient has been claiming for YEARS that they are trying to work WITH us, but they admitted in court this is a lie. That is absolutely appalling.

Your CEO, Jack Remondi, apparently likes to claim -- in his blogs, in his public statements, while collecting his huge paychecks -- that Navient cares about "helping students with debt". But the amount of profit they make off of hard-pressed, hardworking students is absolutely disgusting. This is a double-standard and I swear to you, I am doing everything in my power to seek retribution. I encourage students constantly NOT to use your services. I post negative reviews wherever I can -- and I am NOT alone -- hundreds of negative reviews exist all over the internet and you NEVER acknowledge them. How can you be this two-faced? How can you live off of people breaking their backs, sacrificing their futures, and foregoing their livelihood just so you can increase your already astronomical profits?

I bent over backwards to get a job capable of paying my loans -- I spent YEARS sacrificing just to be able to meet America's soaring living costs -- and how does Navient repay me? By hurting my credit on the months I was struggling most. Well -- I've had it. I am doing everything in my power to bring you down. I hope the progressives finally manage to bring down you and your entire industry. God certainly knows they will have my support.

Worst customer service company ever. I had 2 signature loans with Sallie Mae for graduate school. In 2011 I had to drop out due to severe illness and multiple surgeries. I am now on SSDI due severe Crohn's disease that will not go into remission. Anyways I am receiving a lump sum from an LTD settlement and want to pay off my student loans with most of it. My federal loans from undergrad are paid off but it took Navient who took over the loans over 6 months to send the congratulations letter though I got 3 letters about defaulting for those. How? Set up auto pay on the private but that was another six months before those payment issues were applied correctly.

Fast forward to today. I call to get information I need to stop auto-pay and pay off the loans completely. "Um... you have to go online to do that?" Hey I signed up for auto pay on the phone, I just want to pay it off. Going nowhere. So I go online, which I fought just to get signed in. 0 balance, private loans not listed. Where did they go? Why could they not tell me they sold them? I need to get this done now. I move into ADA apartment next month, on $952.00 for SSDI, will be on food stamps. I cannot afford $274 and I have a check coming tax free that can pay it in full. Need to stop auto-pay. Going to credit union to stop payment cause I am not paying a single cent until I know where to exactly send and get it applied correctly to my loans. Ugh! What a nightmare.

I recently took out a Direct Consolidation Loan through FedLoan Servicing, and was approved early March 2017. Several of my loans had recently been transferred from ACS to Navient. Navient has been sending me information informing me they are the new loan holder of those several loans, and most recently a statement informing me I had a payment due four days after I received the statement!

I called them, thinking that it was just an honest mistake and that maybe they weren't up to speed yet on the Direct Consolidation Loan. Their customer service is horrible. They acted like a collection agency. I informed them that they were no longer the loan holder, and they acted liked they didn't know what I was talking about, threatening to send me to collections. I managed to force them to push back my due date until I could talk to Fed Loan Servicing. I spoke with FedLoans immediately after speaking with Navient, and was informed that, yes, those loans had been included in the consolidation, and Navient had ALREADY BEEN PAID! So, Navient is trying to scam me and get double payment. I'm currently in the process of researching who I can report this too. They're not getting away with their shady business practices!

Every single review on this horrible company is so accurate. It's scary they are still operating. After they set me up on automatic payment plan, the second payment got reversed. No calls from them, they just simply kicked me off my payment plan. It was not until several months later I figured it out. They refuse to fix their mistake and put me back on my plan. They instead insist I can afford double what my payment plan was, which is ridiculous. Occasionally you may get a nice person but for the most part they are rude and unhelpful. You get transferred at least three times before you get someone. I have made so many complaints still nothing is being done. They do not care what you have going on. They want your every penny, they can give a ** about you.

It disgusts me how they are treating people and are getting away with. I have been trying to find a new lender to take over the loan. Ironically to them I do not make enough and have too big of student loans. Yet NAVIENT deems I can afford their ridiculous payments. My once amazing credit score is now being dragged through the mud. The least I can do is make sure no one else goes through them!

I sent a payment via the mail (the only way they will accept payment from me in Canada) over 3 weeks ago. I received a notification I may be charged a late fee a week ago since I knew I had made payment. I just received a notification again that my payment has still not been processed. Certainly something must be wrong with the way Navient works. I suggest an overhaul of the processing system so that payments from a country other than the US (many foreign students attend US schools and require loans) can be made expeditiously. I have sought a remedy through the Federal Student Aid website. On the other hand, kudos to Nelnet. Nelnet is a company that knows how to deal with a paying borrower.

I find the Navient website to be unhelpful. They pretend to provide monthly statements in digital format but both formats are bad. When I click on "PDF" I get a. do file which cannot be opened on a Mac without installing an unsecured app which is not available in the App store. When I click on "IMG" I get a PNG file which puts 3 pages into one minuscule PNG file. When I launch InDesign and place the PNG file, and spend 10 minutes cropping, resizing, and copying and cropping and resizing, I get a 3-page document - the content is blurry. There is no way to get a printed statement, and no way to talk to a human being, at least on the weekend. I can only do this on the weekend because I have a day job which does not give me time during Monday-Friday business hours.

When I click on a button on the Navient website, inviting me to "take a survey", I am directed to a promotional video in which Navient brags about how great they are, which is the opposite of the truth. I wonder if Navient is deliberately making it hard for borrowers to get information (about their OWN account) as a way to cover up unscrupulous behavior: inaccurate record-keeping, overcharging, etc. I believe this company should be dissolved and all of their accounts should be transferred to an honest, non-profit, publicly owned loan servicer.

I consolidated my loans. They did not send all of my loans to the consolidation servicer. They hid them, then turned them over to a collection company. They ruined my credit and now the collection company takes my income tax refund each year (for the last 3 yrs) despite me trying to pay off the loans. They add thousands of dollars of attorney fees and handling fees. I only owes 1500 on one loan and now it is over 10k. I tried going through the omnibusmen but they were no help either.

Have been enrolled in auto-pay forever, have even been making extra payments. In December, we entirely paid off one large loan, and so our monthly payment had been reduced. Now we logged in tonight to find that all of our accounts were showing past due amounts, despite the auto-payment being taken out on time, as usual. Additionally, the loan we paid off in December had re-appeared as having a balance again, despite it having been shown as completely paid off for the past two months. So either the information was incorrect in December, and we still owe them money, or the information is incorrect now, and the loan is paid off as we thought it was.

All of the reports of late payments are false, or auto-pay failed, because we were enrolled in auto-pay for all of our accounts, had more than adequate funds in those accounts, and received emails saying those auto-payments were taken out, and it shows up on Navient as those auto-payments having been processed. I don't care whether Navient was incorrect before, or if they are incorrect now - the point is, at some point they had incorrect information on my accounts, and I've taken action based on this incorrect information. Even the couple hours researching this tonight, on a work night, is quite costly. Navient processes over $300B in student loans… there should be ZERO room for accounting errors like this. Everything should be fully automated and mistake-proofed, because millions of people are relying on the accuracy of this information in formulating their family budgets, in managing their credit, in making purchasing decisions.

We are currently pre-approved to purchase a home, and depending on if Navient's errors result in effects on our credit report, it could seriously jeopardize our ability to close on a mortgage. That is some real and serious damage we could suffer due to Navient not doing their due diligence to ensure that the information they are reporting out on our account balances are accurate. That's in addition to the real and serious damage that they have already done to my mental health with worrying about this situation, staying up late writing things like this, rather than resting well for work. I would expect so much more from an organization with such an important role. I am gravely disappointed in this company. I would recommend steering clear from them no matter what, however you can. A company with this many assets under management, you would expect much more of a professional outfit.

Navient is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. They should not be in business! I had 4 student loans total, 2 stayed with Navient and the other 2 went to Suntrust in which I pay. Navient is reporting 4 bad derogatory loans on all 3 of my credit reports and 2 in good standing. I have called to have them remove the 4 bad accounts that they put on my credit and no one will help. I get the run around. I don't get answers and every one of the reps is rude and mouthy to me including managers. My next step is hiring a attorney. It is ridiculous that this company destroys peoples credit for no logical reason. The manager I spoke to today told me he was confused and got mad at me for questioning why they added two loans to my credit. He said I just don't understand. I'm getting nowhere with this company.

I lost my job and don't have any income. This is the 2nd time I have been laid off. I have used my forbearance and deferment for when I got out of school and when I lost my job the first time. I have never missed a payment and overpay on the loan each month, but when I called asking for help to suspend the payments for 6 months to a year while I look for a job, the answer was no. Actually, their customer service was so rude. They yelled at me and asked that I stop asking ridiculous questions that only make us speak in circles. My "ridiculous" question was how do I pay a loan when I don't have any income.

I find it such poor practice to not have an ongoing solution for clients that lose their income sources. There shouldn't be a cap or limit because people lose their jobs often throughout their life. The only option Navient left for me was to find a job in the next few weeks (obviously that is my top goal) or I will end up defaulting on the loans. Side note: their customer service is one of the rudest I have ever encountered. This is very sad.

9 auto generated calls. When given the #, they are not open. When you call the auto-generated voice comes on telling you that it is new and will "learn" about you and how better to serve you. I would never have used them but they bought my student loans. Their average is 1 star. It should be none.

They told me according to my MPN I maxed out 48 months of in-school deferment. When I checked my MPN's there was no mention of a time frame of in-school deferment. This is now breaching my contracts because they are not living up to Sallie Mae standards as they should. In addition my co-signer passed they did not release her from my loan. They forced me into deferment not telling me about other payment options, and told me to reconsolidate my loans, and never sent all of them to the new lender. 90% of my loans are still sitting on my credit report under Navient. They are rude, and tricky, and needs to be shut down, and give us our aid money back while they are at it.

How is a company allowed to operate like this? I have had loans through Sallie Mae/Navient and have yet to come up with a viable and affordable solution to pay these loans. These people are willing to make you live in a cardboard box as long as they get their money. Truly awful and unethical the amount of money they are making in the interest of these loans as they make it impossible to pay them off. Not to mention the robocalling/harassing phone calls!!

Literally just had an employee tell me I could not opt into IBR plan because too much time had lapsed since I was last enrolled and now I have to wait until August of 2018 to re-enroll! So what happens when I can't afford the payments they are asking?! (on top of the $462 worth of payments they are already getting on other loans) They are reported as late and will continue to be reported late for a year and a half - essentially RUINING my credit history. This is INSANE!! I would love to file a lawsuit - this company is getting away with highway robbery and it needs to end.

Navient Company Profile