2. Education
  3. Student Loans

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

Navient Reviews

Original review: May 23, 2020

Loans are applied for with the understanding it will be paid, why won't Navient agree to a settlement? All they care for is the interest and late fees. Sad Sad company. Sorry for students who have to use them.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I used to be ok with this company, but not anymore. I received several e-mails from them stating I owed a payment. The customer service person told me that loans owned by the Federal Gov't are automatically placed in forbearance. But that Federal Gov't loans handled by commercial lenders are not subject to the recent law. What is that????

After I complained, the person said I could have a 30-60-90 day deferment but that interest would still accrue. I am so disappointed with this company. I read they are being sued. Sad that it takes going that distance before they do the right thing. Navient is not doing the right thing. Also, their first e-mail said my payment was due in July. Then I received a second e-mail stating my payment terms changed and that it was actually due in June. So they moved my payment up a month. How nice. If they did their homework, they would know I'm actually still in school because my university allowed 60% of the students to retake the semester. But they wouldn't think of that, I guess. Shameful.

Get buying tips about Student Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Got a call today from Navient (April 1st---April Fool's Day) about a Special Offer due to the coronavirus. They are offering to forebear on payments for 60 days; HOWEVER interest will still accumulate. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE DOING BEFORE AND WHAT THEIR CURRENT LAWSUIT IS ABOUT. They actually make more money by persuading you to put off your payments while the interest accumulates.

I told them that this is not what the new stimulus package in congress had stipulated and was answered that interest-free deferments are only for government loans and Navient is a private company, so I was not entitled. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was denied the request and told that I could only defer with interest accumulating. THIS IS NOT A RESPONSE TO THE CORONAVIRUS. It is business as usual for Navient. I informed them that I would immediately put an account of the conversation on the internet so that others would not be misled. Do not defer your loans unless you have no choice. Deferment increases your debt to Navient and puts more money in their pockets. Hope you lose your case, Navient, because YOU ARE ACTING IN BAD FAITH.

Original review: March 25, 2020

Navient is a bank that does not care about the customers. Navient only cares about your money and making theirs. Navient is a company owned by a bunch of wealthy rich people who plan to destroy the American dream and are not doing anything to help the country. My student loan is currently at 11.3% interest and I make payments on time. I actually pay more than the minimum. I am looking forward to refinancing this horrible debt as soon as possible. It is my hope that this organization cease to exist in the near future.

Original review: March 20, 2020

This company continues to call me, they say about my student loan. Only problem is IVE NEVER HAD ONE...WITH ANYBODY. I attempt to call them and the message says the can’t check my account without my full SS number. Are you kidding? It’s the oldest trick alive. Do not deal with this outfit. You’ll be sorry if you do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Navient?

Original review: March 12, 2020

You all need to have representatives who speaks English much more clearer, because these foreigners accents are very deep while talking too fast. I cannot understand the important information they're trying to interpret. Let’s be clear; I am not discriminating at all, but it would help if you would have people who speaks with an American accent coming from an American found company like Navient. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

This company is immoral and reprehensible. Their CS is the most inept and pathetic of any company in any industry I have ever had to deal with. The advocate 866-432-7939 line is typically not answered. Filing complaints with the DOE is the ONLY way to get any movement out of Navient. They've "accidentally, misplaced my entire account history" when I lawyered up. This company cares about dollars and not people. I tried overpaying my loans and that over-payment became my new minimum. My payments aren't being applied as I have requested on NUMEROUS occasions. If you want to talk with anyone at CS or advocacy, GFL. You've got a better chance of hooking up Eminem with Mariah Carey again! PATHETIC AND WORTHLESS.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The absolute worst loan company ever. If I could go back in time and not go to school just not to have this loan it would be worth it. They do not care about their customers and if you miss a payment they will not do anything to help you. Avoid at all cost.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I published an article on 2/24/2015 on Westwood college, a school that was shut down and the degree obtained was worth garbage. Because I have been fighting for 5 years to my loan servicer Navient/ Sallie Mae to discharge the $65,000 loan for an Associates degree worth NOTHING -NON ACCREDITED OR TRANSFERABLE I heed the warning of watch every word before you sign. The interest on private loans starting 3/05/2011 at $10,000 is currently $9360 after 11/29/2019 at $3.00 per day. I was put on Administrative forbearance till 3/2029 as I am STILL FIGHTING THIS & How much interest will that be??? It is insane that they can corrupt your life for trying to better yourself.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Navient needs to invest in training their employees. They give incorrect information 99% of the time. They also need to invest in updating their website to provide consistent information for the customers and employees. On a number of occasions I’ve made payments on specific loans, however, their site allocated the funds incorrectly, so I’ve had to call and submit an email/ticket online to have this corrected manually. Instead of them fixing the issue, their solution is to keep calling and putting in a ticket online so they can manually adjust each time. This is so inefficient.

Navient Company Information