Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.31/5

Navient Reviews

Original review: May 15, 2019

I am in a rehab program for my student loan debt held by Navient. Pioneer is the company I entered the student loan rehab program through. They based my repayment on my income and it has helped me a lot. However none of these payments or the garnishment Navient had on my pay are reported as payments to the credit bureau.

Navient had my wages garnished every pay. I know I was behind in my payments and understand, but when I have spoken to them in the past about setting up payments their requirements were unrealistic for my income. The garnishment was taking about 33% of my pay each month which left me completely broke every payday. Since I have made my rehab payments, the garnishments have just now been lifted after 5 months of on time payments. However, this entire time, even during the garnishment period of about a year, interest continues to accrue. And even now during the rehab program interest continues to accrue, meaning I will never be out of debt with these people. The rehab program lasts 9 months.

I own my home and wanted to take an equity loan out to pay them off completely. This is the only thing on my credit report that is negative. However, between them and AES reporting on my credit a status of "unknown" and "collections" for 2 years, no one will give me the loan I need to clean this mess up. It has become a vicious cycle and I just can't seem to get out. The rehab program helped with the garnishment, but it didn't stop Navient from reporting negatively on my credit, keeping me from finding a better solution to lump all of my student loans together under an equity loan. And I know some say the interest rate for a student loan is better. But considering I have been paying interest on the garnishment period and also during the rehab program, I'm not so sure staying with this company is wise.

I am reading news that they no longer have a contract with the Federal Government to collect Federal Student Loan payments on their behalf. I think this took a lot of accountability off Navient and they are now free to practice however they see fit. My student loans are over 15 years old and it looks like I will die in student loan debt. I do not recommend Navient to anyone!

Original review: May 11, 2019

Consider this a fair warning to those who use Navient as a lender. They will stop at nothing to collect payment if you fall behind on payment for any reason. This includes robo calls throughout the day - every single day. They’ll ask if you can borrow $$ from friends or family to bring the loan current. You can do a forbearance but then your payment amount will go up. Even if you make payments on the past due amount - they will keep calling!!! There’s a scene in Despicable Me where Gru is going to a bank and it shows a figure eventually getting crushed under a pillar. That bank should be Navient. They are the most aggressive lender I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I received loans for Navient. I am currently taking a little time off. I have a 3.7 GPA and work really hard in school. My fiance died, leaving me and my child alone, so naturally i had to take a little time off from school to find work. I called them to work something out so I wouldn't enter repayment, but they lied to me and put me into repayment ahead of schedule. My credit score has dropped 100 points in 24hrs. I was supposed to go look at a new place for me and my child, since we're not in a stable situation and now it is ruined. I'm returning to school in fall, but Navient has entered me into repayment early, ruining my life, and my great credit. I cannot sleep or focus thinking about this. They won't give me answers and just pretend they can't help me even though they said they would. Never ever use Navient. Every single day there are new charges on my account; there is no way that interest is that high.

Original review: May 9, 2019

If I could choose zero stars for this review I clearly would have made such a choice. I cannot begin to describe how frustration and unscrupulous this company chooses to practice. I consolidated my loans and had them transferred to FedLoan under the public service loan forgiveness program. After making nearly 2 years of on time payments, Navient issued me a "new loan" with an immediate payment due. This was, mind you, 5 years after I graduated medical school. I had to speak to 5 different representatives before someone could tell me what this "loan" was. It was apparently a clerical error/account balance after my loan consolidation to Fed Loan, which for some reason was not caught until 2 years later.

Navient advised me to consolidate it to Fed Loan for my PSLF. They neglected to mention that this would disqualify ALL OF MY PSLF payments already made. I contacted Navient and FedLoan to request stop of this transfer, and even began payment on the loan to defer transfer. Of course, the loan was transferred anyway and Navient told me I "should have called someone" and this was "the complete opposite of what your notes said." The representative essentially told me it wasn't Navient's problem anymore and I could try to take it up with Fed Loan. Now, I have to pay an additional $50,000 in loans because of their ignorant oversight and terrible predatory advice. Do not deal with this company under any circumstance if you can avoid it. The agents at Fed Loan have been incredibly helpful and I have nothing but good things to say about their advice. Do yourself a favor and call Fed Loan before dealing with Navient as they are ignorant, disrespectful, and have no interest in helping you with your financial well being.

Original review: May 8, 2019

After 10 years of public service, my request for public service loan forgiveness was rejected because my loan wasn't packaged correctly. I was advised that I can change it to a Direct loan, work in public service for another 10 years, and pay for an additional 10 years, and then it would be forgiven. When I contacted my senator about the issue, I was told that the Department of Ed was not responding and there was nothing Congress can do because it isn't considered a bipartisan issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Navient?

Original review: May 7, 2019

I was the co-signer of this loan and I didn't have any choices or rights with this company. I tried to consolidated but was impossible as a co-signer. If someone in ask you to co-sign a loan, investigate who is the company or bank, and be sure the person who ask you to co-sign will pay the loan.

Original review: April 26, 2019

My husband and I are in constant battle with this company. We literally are so upset every time we engage with them. They are so predatory, and have never helped up. They have a “file” on each time we called and pretty much have written whatever they feel is going on. Since then we have been recording conversation with their permission. They have failed at providing options for us, have literally called out my husband in saying he will never be successful enough to pay anyways. We wanted to pay a lump sum but they will not settle.

My husband took out a 18k loan, has paid 35k, and they want a 25k lump sum. That is 300% over what we even borrowed. Massively unprofessional, they want a “good faith payment” to even talk about a lump sum agreement. They literally trick you into paying, to reinstate the loan. You can’t get anywhere with them unless you DO default or have been 120 days delinquent. My husband is so calm with speaking to them and they start getting so defensive and blatantly lie to your face. We want to pay out loans back but at what cost!!!!

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have been trying to get into a repayment plan for almost 5 months. I have been battling back-and-forth with this company. Every representative says something different. The managers talk over you and don't listen to anything you're saying. They are rude.

Original review: April 11, 2019

In efforts to drive their stock prices high and keep their shareholders happy, their qualified employees knowingly gave me bad advice and placed me in forbearance's and deferments when they should have offered me other solutions such as IBR plans and PSLF. They did not help me whatsoever and now they are spamming my phone to get me on their side and offer "assistance." If you are being serviced by NAVIENT or know someone who is, my advice is to join me and bad mouth this company into oblivion. Tell everyone you know to start selling NAVIENT stocks while you can because I have made it my mission to see this company end up in the penny section.

This company and its subsidiaries are operating in bad faith and need to be put down immediately! HOW DO YOU STOP GROUPS THAT ONLY ANSWER TO MONEY??? Tell everyone you know to sell everything that Navient and its subsidiaries (ETFs, mutual funds, etc.) are associated with. This is a broken system and nothing can fix it other than driving their stocks down to 0.0000000000000000!!!! This is a numbers game. Please forward this to other and all social media sites. I WANT THEIR SHAREHOLDERS AND EMPLOYEES TO FEEL OUR PAIN BEFORE WE DIE!!!

Original review: April 9, 2019

This company is starting to be the worst when get comes to lowering your student loan payments. I called and spoke with a customer service Rep on March 26, 2019 requesting a lower payment and was offered payment of $89.40. Well couple days later I found out the payment of $89.40 was denied. Customer service Rep claims your debt would have to be $30,000 or more to get a lower payment. Then they want to offer you an income driven loan. Keep in mind they do not consider your other debts like you do have to buy food and have shelter over your head.

Also I receive a bill for 102.00 payments then a week later it change to 103.00 payment. How is this possible? When I called to get a reason for the increase the Customer service Rep could not explain what occurred. He continue to say, "Your payment will change within 24 months." Well it was barely 2 weeks from the 1st bill I receive. This company needs to be shut down. If you are not will to find a solution to help then you're in the wrong business. My rating is Zero for the company.

Navient Company Information