About College Ave Student Loans
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
College Ave Student Loans is a private lender that works with students and parents to provide custom student loans. It offers undergraduate student loans, graduate student loans, parent loans, career loans and refinancing. College Ave has fixed and variable rates, and it doesn’t charge origination or application fees.
- Flexible loan options
- Four repayment plan methods
- Career training loans
- Refinances debts up to $300,000
- Unclear credit requirements
- Undergrads probably need cosigners
College Ave offers flexible student loan options that you can customize to fit your needs. While it doesn’t list its credit requirements, you can pre-qualify for free online.
What is College Ave Student Loans?
College Ave is a student loan company offering borrowers the ability to customize loans to fit their needs. Its online application process is relatively easy and allows for a lot of flexibility in its offerings. With College Ave, undergraduates, graduates and career seekers (those in trade school) can find solutions that work for their specific needs.
How does College Ave Student Loans work?
College Ave’s loans can pay for 100% of your school-certified cost of attendance, up to $80,000 per year. This can include expenses like supplies, room, board, transportation, tuition and fees. Interested students and parents can get pre-qualified and apply on the company’s website.
College Ave Student Loans has five main offerings:
- Undergraduate loans
- Graduate loans
- Parent loans
- Career loans
- Refinancing loans
Career loans are specifically for trade schools or career training opportunities, and they may include cash-back rewards.
How to apply for College Ave Student Loans
The College Ave application process can be completed in under three minutes on the company's website. You’ll need to at least know your Social Security number, school name, estimated annual income and intended amount to complete it. The application process starts with pre-qualification, which lets you see what your rates could be like (they’re subject to change after a hard credit pull).
Once pre-qualification is complete, you have the ability to customize the loan to better fit your needs by modifying repayment terms, rates, payment types and other factors. Repayment options include:
- Full principal and interest payment
- Interest-only payment
- Flat payment
- Deferred payment
Once you have a loan you’re happy with, you can finalize your application online as well. If your credit score is less than ideal, which is common for students, you’ll likely need a cosigner to get approved. International students are also required to have a cosigner.
College Ave Student Loans rates
College Ave offers fixed-rate and variable-rate loans:
- Variable-rate undergraduate loans have APRs between 1.04% and 11.98%.
- Fixed-rate undergraduate loans have APRs between 3.34% and 12.99%.
These numbers change for certain programs, though. For example, graduate loans fall between 2.49% and 11.98%. It’s also worth noting that some of these rates include a 0.25% discount for automatic payments. College Ave doesn’t charge application or origination fees for its loans.
College Ave FAQ
- Can I refinance a College Ave student loan?
- Yes. College Ave actually offers refinancing options with fixed or variable interest rates and no application or origination fees. Rates are between 2.94% and 5.19% APR for both options, but be aware that these numbers include a 0.25% discount for automatic payments.
- How much can I borrow from College Ave Student Loans?
- College Ave’s online calculators go up to $80,000 per year, but your maximum loan amount will likely depend on what your school will certify.
- Who can cosign for my College Ave student loan?
- Anyone that’s creditworthy can potentially cosign, but College Ave doesn’t list specific credit requirements. You can check someone’s ability to cosign by getting pre-qualified.
- Does College Ave Student Loans pull my credit?
- Yes, it does a hard inquiry when you finish the full application. If you just want to see the rates and terms that might be available to you, College Ave offers free pre-qualification that doesn’t affect your credit.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
College Ave Student Loans Company Information
- Company Name:
- College Ave Student Loans
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.