2. Finance
  3. Payday and Title Loans

1.4/5 (74 ratings)

About Money Mart

Money Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Money Mart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Money Mart?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Money Mart #225. 12788-96 Ave Surrey BC. I sent money through Western Union to someone's a/c but some reason didn't went through. I called WU and they advise to get refund. But when I went to this same location they said don't have money to refund and come back next day. So, I went there and again they don't have money, advised to come back after two days and they would have for sure. When I went back after two days they said don't have money and they were very rude and unprofessional. I complained to WU office but not received any call from them yet. Never go to this location????

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Money returned back. It was a gift for wedding of our granddaughter. Representative doesn't care about customer, just called to manager and with smile mentioned: "I will not take any money from you to transfer, If Western Union returned your money and doesn't matter how much, you will unable to transfer here any more". Right after Money Mart returned my money back I reached a Western Union customer service. Transaction was not completed by Western Union because I was unable to take a call to confirm. One of Western Union representative asked if I have "air code" for transaction which should be provided by Money Mart to help me send money right away. Of course no "air code" provided by representative of Money Mart. Now I will need to waste my extra time to visit another location to complete transaction.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I hate this site, they don’t care about their customers at all & seem to have bad service & staff. I applied for a loan, got approved & sent the documents but had to wait 2 days to hear back from them. I called the contact number & the lady was so rude to me so I hung up on her. They don’t reply to your emails or anything & have a ** excuse for having “a lot of applications”. Eventually I withdrew my application. They’re terrible. I wouldn’t recommend relying on them for a loan, there are way better sites out there. Be careful.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

They did my taxes. And let me tell you mine are very simple. I've did my taxes there twice and I will never go back again. I now owe the government 3500. I'm a single mother and live paycheque to paycheque. My advice is go to professionals. I will never recommend to do your taxes at Money Mart.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I give this online Money Mart zero stars. My husband got a loan from these guys in May. They took money from my account which they had no authorization for and then the next day took money from my husband's account. Then the day after that they sent him an email saying he owes zero dollars. Then month later collections were phoning us saying he still owes almost $200. We have been dealing with this for a month phoning around trying to get to the bottom of this, with no luck. I do advise not to deal with Money Mart at all. There is fraudulent workers and it will wreck your credit... STAY AWAY from Money Mart.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Went online after being referred by the company as an easy and simple way to re-apply for a loan. They said it was 2 hours and money would be deposited. It’s now been 4 days and now sitting on hold as to what’s going on. Keep in mind this is the 5th time calling in and now they have informed me that they require biweekly pay information which is fair yet every biweekly pay is different due to my commissions, hours work, etc. And they won’t approve me based on stating a monthly income over a biweekly pay on my application?? Best to go in person and avoid online at all cost. They have also dinged my credit twice now online ‘cause they wanted me to reapply with different pay structure. I have not had to take a loan out in over 4 years and will be steering clear away from this false online promise in the future. Avoid at all cost unless you’re ready to have your credit drop some points and be promised something that can’t be done.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Sometimes being in a tight spot, financially, can bring you down a little but as soon as I walk into the Money Mart in Scarborough, the manager there, Devashree **, always has a smile on her face and treats you like a superstar. She remembers your name, your children, your past conversations and is always ready to help!! She is ever so kind and extremely helpful with whatever your needs are. I highly recommend you go see her and she'll take you out of whatever tough jam you happen to be in... guaranteed. If I could give her 10 stars I would.. She's a keeper!!

Original review: May 11, 2019

On the website they say 2 hours instant e-transfer. Which is completely fake. 100% fake. It will take minimum 48 hours. Also the loan department is rude and they don’t know how to talk to customers professionally. Plus they are highly racist as well no doubt. I withdrew the loan same hour I applied. Please don’t fall for their bad practices.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I had a 2000 dollar 1 year structured loan with "Equal payments" that turned out to be nothing but. Unfortunately here in Canada we aren't able to fight back as in the USA as the archaic courts are so 1800 old WASP that they shutter and cringe to even accept that this goes on in ** Ontario. Cats and dogs here have more rights than Canadian citizens. If it was anything like the volume in proceeds of crime committed as in the example by Scott Tucker and his massive payday scam, Money Mart in comparison are the Oligarchs of the Penny Lending scam.

These parasites damages can be the compared equivalent to what crack of the 90's-2000's caused in global damage and chaos to what was done in its sake

What a person had to do just pay, to not let the dominoes all fall as the 95% of us in the world today cannot live off a disability pension alone, never mind with families to just live as fear that is so paralyzing of losing everything is exploited here in Canada by Money Mart.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

My loan was due yesterday, my pension was not deposited into my account. I went there first thing yesterday morning to explain; they said it will go to my bank. I then stopped payment at my bank, under 2 different names they go by. Then, my pension mysteriously showed up late last night. My worker called it an electronic glitch. Well, I went to Money Mart first thing this morning to pay, and they wanted to charge me an additional $40 for being late. As a senior, I can't afford this kind of profiteering by a company whose policies are uncaring, unsympathetic, and downright rude! I am going to pay them back $50.00 per month for 10 months without interest; otherwise, I am suing them for unfair and exploitive business practices. I am sure others have been similarly abused!

Money Mart Company Information