2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers

4.8/5 (32 ratings)

About Monetary Gold

Monetary Gold is a direct precious metals dealer that can help you invest in gold, silver, platinum or palladium. It offers both cash purchases and self-directed gold and silver IRAs. Depository storage is available through Delaware Depository. You can contact Monetary Gold for a free coin guide, TSP guide or gold IRA guide to learn more.

Pros

• Free shipping for new clients
  • Offers gold and silver IRAs
  • Large selection of investments

Cons

• Not available on weekends or holidays
  • Prices not listed online

Bottom Line

Monetary Gold deals in precious metals. Clients enjoy perks like free shipping and access to workshops with trusted advisors. Customer service isn’t always available, but you can monitor your account online.

Monetary Gold Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monetary Gold?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monetary Gold?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I recently became a customer of Monetary Gold. My experience with Monetary Gold representative, Jonathan **, was extremely professional, informative, and detailed. Mr. ** took me step by step through the benefits of obtaining gold and silver as a profitable investment. He thoroughly presented each investment option and their advantages until clearly understood them. I even received a purchase discount by getting in on a bulk order by Monetary Gold. I would recommend Monetary Gold as an investment company to all my friends and relatives.

Sincerely,

Eddie Arnado

Hi Edward,

That's awesome! Those bulk purchases don't happen all the time, so cashing in on that was a good choice. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. This just helps us improve our customer service.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

After much research I went with Monetary Gold, because Eric ** and his associates made the transaction very easy and uncomplicated and gave the best advice during the process, very informative and professional. I will highly recommend to anyone who’s looking to invest in precious metals to get in touch with the folks at Monetary Gold.

Robert

Hi Robert,

That's awesome to hear. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for the great review. We look forward to a long relationship.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I was ready to start investing in gold and silver. I researched who I wanted to represent me as a dealer/agent. I decided Monetary Gold was the best. Since my transaction, I have been very pleased with the professionalism and urgency of my transaction.

Karen,

That's fantastic. Thank you for sharing. You are a part of an elite group of people. Everybody wants to own gold, but you took action. Welcome to the family.

Mark

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

My experience with Monetary Gold has been great. Dealing with Mr. ** has been a pleasure. We talked on the phone several times before, during and after the transactions. He has always been very informative and sent me some very informational reports. He has also called to see how my wife and I are doing once he became aware of an illness in the family. He is very pleasant and easy to talk to. So far I moved over an IRA and made two purchases of physical metal which came really quickly. I recommend Monetary Gold and I will continue to do business with them.

Carlos,

Thank you for such great words. We are happy to welcome you into the Monetary Gold family and look forward to a long relationship. We wish you all the best of success.

Mark

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Not being much of an investor (very limited funds), I took a chance and purchased silver coins from Monetary Gold. Not only was Di so very, very helpful in explaining the investment to me, she follows up with a telephone call from time to time to make sure I'm aware of the increase in the value of the silver coins I purchased. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Lynda,

Thank you! I'm so glad you're a part of the family. We appreciate the kind words and sentiment. We'll continue to keep you up to date!

Mark

Original review: May 5, 2021

The three people who guided me through my investment are phenomenal. David **, Andrea, and Di ** are extremely knowledgeable, and friendly. They made me feel at ease through the complete process. They answered every question I asked to my satisfaction, and I won't hesitate to recommend them to my family and friends. I look forward to a long business venture.

Hi Lola,

We look forward to a long relationship with you as well. We'll keep you up to date and thank you so much for the nice words.

Mark

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Back a few months my wife and myself decided to look into purchasing precious metals, we had no clue how to start the process. After doing some research finally we decided to go Monetary Gold. On paper they were a solid company with solid ratings but we needed more than that to be confident in what we were doing. I was contacted by one of their representatives a Mr. Jeff ** (no relation to the great guitarist Jeff Beck but I was hopeful). We had a wonderful conversation that day. Jeff answered every question we and educated on how we could obtain our goals and provided us with exceptional guidance. It was about a week later we had another conversation and once again felt very confident in the information he provided and in the way he presented the information. Jeff is very professional and a down to earth guy who is easy to communicate with.

We made our first Gold and Silver purchase a few days later, which required transferring funds from a Roth IRA which Jeff and Angela handled from start to finish. We have since made 3 more Precious Metals Purchases and now have a solid foundation to build on to help make our retirement a little more secure. All this wouldn’t have happened if we were not completely comfortable with Jeff and Angela and all those at Monetary Gold who helped us get started. We consider Jeff and the staff at Monetary Gold as part of our family, and we look forward to adding to our investment over the years to come. Thank for helping us secure a future for Ourselves and our Children and Grandchildren. I appreciate you Jeff **.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Monetary Gold's customer service is first class! Not only did they walk me through the process of setting up a precious metals IRA but they handled all of the paperwork and made the process so easy! They answer all questions and respond immediately. I HIGHLY recommend this company.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

When we contacted Monetary Gold we didn't know what to expect, high pressure used car type sales. Enter Jeff **, an easy to talk to representative who made the whole process a pleasurable experience. Jeff answered all our questions and explained all our options,(in plain English). There was no pressure and he returned all our calls in a timely manner.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I worked with Di ** and was very impressed by her extensive knowledge and professionalism. When I visited my local bank to withdraw money for investment, bank management did a background check on Monetary God and was impressed by customer reviews and ratings from the BBB. I have recommended Monetary Gold to family and friends. I intend to make continued investments in the future..

Hi Linda,

What a wonderful experience to share. Thank you for sharing with the world. I'm glad you and your bank did your homework. That's the best advice I can give anybody. I want to personally welcome you to the Monetary Gold family.

Mark

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I knew I had to do something with my IRA but was not totally sure what. I talked to several different companies and decided to put it in previous metals. The company I decided to go with was Monetary Gold, I felt I could trust them. The person I had the most contact with is Andrea in the IRA department. Andrea help me so much as this was totally new to me. I would recommend Monetarygold to all my friends and family. I am looking forward to a successful experience with them.

Hi Robert,

That's such a great review. Thank you so much. Welcome to the Monetary Gold family. Here's to a long prosperous relationship.

Mark

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

It is a sincere pleasure to do business with Monetary Gold, and I would heartily recommend them to anyone. Their professionalism, knowledge and experience, and strong client service are second to none. I am fully confident in them. Thank you, Monetary Gold!

Hi Michael,

Wow, what a review. Thank you so much for sharing. We so appreciate your recommendation and sharing such a nice review. You are so welcome.

Mark

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Yes, I was pleased with my questions answered politely and with patience. The staff understood my concerns and I felt at ease with their responses. It also helped to have a good rating with the BBB that helped with all of the above. I look forward to my future progress on my investments, down the road. Thank You.

Hi Robert,

Wow, first class. That's a high standard. Thank you so much for that. Thank you for the great review. Here's to a long prosperous relationship.

Mark

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

We have a very nice experience with Momentary Gold so far. Everybody has been congenial, helpful and kind. I invested in some gold, silver and platinum. The rep I worked with was extremely professional. She said she would put a package together for me. She said that way, I'd have a little bit of everything. I left it up to her 'cause she's the expert. So far, working with them feels good.

Hi Ruth,

What a great experience working with you. What an honor to have your great review. Let me say welcome to that family. May we have a long prosperous relationship.

Mark

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I wasn't sure I was making a wise choice, yet I didn't want to face another major stock loss because of our current political climate. I read about three metals companies and chose Monetary Gold. I talked with Di ** and after a few conversations I decided to do it. Di was very helpful. A week or so after the account was set up my husband questioned my decision. I called Di and she answered all his questions -- while she was at an airport. I'm happy with Monetary Gold; now I just hope my decision to make the move was the right one.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad you made the decision to jump off that fence. Let me say welcome to the Monetary Gold Family. You're a welcome addition.

The future looks very bright for metals and we'll keep you up to date.

Mark

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I liked the people I talked to in Monetary Gold. Their customer service made me decide to go with them. The rep seemed very experienced and knowledgeable and we related well together. We just hit it off. Mostly, I relied on her knowledge to make recommendations. We had some discussions about a few things that she modified because of things I wanted but I went ahead with 90% of what she recommended. I went this route for diversification from equities. I didn’t want it all sitting in equities and cash. If some of the worst things happen, I may still have options available that wouldn't be available otherwise. So it's like an insurance policy. You hope you don't need it but glad you got it.

Hi Carol,

Welcome to the Monetary Gold family. We are overjoyed with your customer service. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The future of your insurance policy is looking very nice.

We look forward to a long relationship.

Mark

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I would recommend Monetary Gold to others. The people were nice on the phone and they weren't pushy. They felt concerned and knew what they were talking about. They were knowledgeable and presented everything in a way that you didn't feel like you had to do it. With Monetary Gold, my retirement is into precious metals and not just sitting in the bank waiting for it to be consumed by the government.

Hi Virgil,

What a great review. Thank you. Those are really nice words. We're happy to have you in the family. To your prosperous future.

Mark

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I really like the thoroughness and time that is taken to be sure that customers are informed of what is happening and how everything will work. It's comforting in today's world to know that you can contact representatives who will call you back immediately and answer and explain anything you may have questions about. Precise and efficient and this works well for us.

Hi Connie,

Wow, thank you so much! That really is a great review. I'm honored that you chose to work with us. You're a welcome part of the family.

Thanks again,

Mark

Original review: July 30, 2020

My experience was adequate. I purchased some metals which I still have in a depository. Monetary Gold contacted me. I had not discussed precious metals with any other company, but I had been thinking about it. I got what I thought was adequate information about the balance of how the metal should be balanced, as far as what percentage in gold and what percentage in platinum and so forth. I thought it was reasonable. I would do it again if I were in the same situation and looking to acquire precious metals.

Hi Lynne,

Thank you for sharing and for the great rating. I'm glad that you took the leap. We'll keep you up to date.

Mark

Original review: July 25, 2020

Something about Monetary Gold came on my email for some reason. I also saw it in some kind of flyer, newspaper, or magazine. I asked for information and they contacted me. I have others that, for some reason, I was really getting information about. I already started with somebody then somebody contacted me from Monetary. I realized I talked to them also and they were nice. I decided to go with them on one account. I have been there just a few months now and they've been very helpful. Even in the transferring of my accounts, they help me with all those. I wouldn't have known how to do all the things that they had to do with me. I've been satisfied with them so far.

Hi Lourdes,

Welcome to the family. I'm so glad that you shared with us your experience. Thank you so much. We look forward to a long prosperous relationship.

Mark

Original review: July 24, 2020

Monetary Gold's service has been phenomenal. Their responses have been very quick and timely. They've gone the extra mile every single time I have ever needed them to do anything for me. My rep is David who is the VP of the company. If there were any major changes or recommendations, he would call me right away. For the legwork stuff, there's a woman there named Andrea and she is absolutely terrific. She would let me know if things have shifted and have been completed. I did a rollover from my 401(k) and she handled all the details of that and did a fantastic job. She took such a load off me. Their investment advice and recommendations are really right on track with everything else that I'm comparing them to. They give me good, accurate information.

Hi Lori,

Wow! Thank you so much! Such a great review. I'm glad that we exceeded your expectations. Looking forward to a long prosperous relationship.

Mark

Original review: July 23, 2020

I would like some follow up on things that are going on in the market. I talked with a couple of other outlets but Monetary Gold never supplied me any compelling evidence of why I should even get in that market. Other than that, the customer service was pretty good.

Hi Richard,

I'm sorry we didn't do such a great job in that area and meet your expectations. Hopefully, we can make up for that in the future. Thank you though for the nice rating.

Mark

Original review: July 21, 2020

David, the agent I worked with, was good.

Laxman,

Thank you for taking the time to share. It is much appreciated. We look forward to a long-lasting relationship.

Mark

Original review: July 16, 2020

Monetary Gold was a better product at the time. The representative was good. Usually, if I start having issues with the rep, I don't like the operation, then I just jump out of it. Recently, I felt like I needed to make a change and that's what I did. I wasn't really happy with the previous bunch. I felt comfortable working with them 'cause I dealt with people like that before and I felt pretty much at home. I've had some improvements. I feel like I'm making more money out of the whole thing than what I was previously. That's what I was hoping for, the price will catch up from before.

Hi John,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the other company, but we'll do our best to keep serving you. Thank you for the great review!

Yours,

Mark

Original review: July 15, 2020

I was aware of all the investment companies. There's one played all the time with a movie star and I also went to Blue Vault. I eventually sent the money from that silver to Monetary Gold and to a person by the name of Eric. Monetary Gold is a good company. My wife was very skeptical about them because a lot of places are open for short periods of time and have only a few number of employees. I looked further into Monetary Gold and they have been around longer than she thought. They have quite a number more of employees than three. Eric is one of them. He was the man who helped me to purchase the numismatic coins. Now, they have a tape that states that they are not investors, but they assist people in investing.

I spoke to Eric and to someone else from another major gold company. After speaking to Eric a few times and his secretary, Andrea, who was very helpful and efficient, I got the impression that they were professional. They've been courteous too. I wish people where I work have all been as good an employee as they have been. I got a very good feeling from the two. Eric had my best interest at heart and so far, I've had a very good experience. He's done exactly what he said. I have checked on the computer for the facts of what he's told me prior to me joining him financially and putting any money in with him, and they've been accurate. He was talking about one coin in particular not making any money, and I often wondered why that particular coin. I found it just popped up and he was correct about that too. He was telling me that months ago, but I just found the video that proves his point.

I'm thinking of putting more money with him. I'm just not sure I wanna check the facts of where the money will go from here. I have $20,000 at 4%. I'm gonna look both ways then I'm gonna make a decision and call him up. He knows what he's doing. I waited a long time before I took a step with him. Nobody should put $50,000 into someone else's hands without being a little suspicious and doing a lot of fact-checking.

Hi Gary,

It was so good working with you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience. You're a welcome addition to the Monetary Gold family.

Mark

Original review: July 14, 2020

My investment was somewhere else for almost 3 years. I told the fellow who's working for Monetary Gold that I would like to transfer my account to them. He called and they transferred my account immediately. I transferred my money into Monetary Gold because I thought it will be a better investment for me for in 5,6 years. I watch the stock market all the time and I figured it out that gold is doing better. People are transferring into gold because stocks are fluctuating too much too frequently.

I bought some investment in gold and silver from Monetary Gold and the process happened very quickly. The guy spoke to me and very openly explained to me how will it work. He told me give 4,5 years and my money will be better. I trust him because he's in this business. He seems to be a nice, honest person to speak to. He told me to call anytime if I want to or if I need any further information. I am curious to know if they send any statement about it or any information on how it is doing and how much growth is done.

Hi Sakina,

I'm so glad we were able to get things transferred and set up for you. It's a pleasure to have you in the family.

Mark

Original review: July 13, 2020

Monetary Gold was talking about ways to lessen the impact of this social unrest and whatnot on my retirement savings, so I started looking into it. They seemed to be nice people to work with after I got to talking to them so I stayed with them. I researched on their references and so far, seemed to be that they were treating me well. We converted some of my IRAs into precious metals. Silver and gold were the main emphases. The reps were very helpful and answered my questions. They were very professional. I have no problem recommending them to anybody else.

Hi Keith,

Thank you for the kind words. I'm so glad we could help.

Monetary Gold Company Information