4.9/5 (32 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Vincent Landino

About Monetary Gold

Monetary Gold is a direct precious metals dealer that can help you invest in gold, silver, platinum or palladium. It offers both cash purchases and self-directed gold and silver IRAs. Depository storage is available through Delaware Depository. You can contact Monetary Gold for a free coin guide, TSP guide or gold IRA guide to learn more.

Pros

• Free shipping for new clients
  • Offers gold and silver IRAs
  • Large selection of investments

Cons

• Not available on weekends or holidays
  • Prices not listed online

Bottom Line

Monetary Gold deals in precious metals. Clients enjoy perks like free shipping and access to workshops with trusted advisors. Customer service isn’t always available, but you can monitor your account online.

Monetary Gold Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monetary Gold?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monetary Gold?

Original review: April 19, 2022

Di contacted me after learning that my financial planner was not happy with my decision to invest in precious metals. She was very straightforward and helpful and answered all of my questions and the objections raised by my financial planner. It was a pleasant process.

Hi Donald,

Thank you for sharing. I know financial planners don't like it when they can't make commissions off of selling us financial products, but I think the preservation of the "time" that you traded for your money is more important. Welcome to the Monetary Gold Family and to a long prosperous relationship.

Original review: April 14, 2022

Monetary Gold representatives gives understanding so when you do purchase metals you are prepared. They meet every need for investing. Their professionalism and knowledge of the business is outstanding.

Hi Randall,

That is awesome to read. Thank you for sharing. I will relay your sentiments. I look forward to a prosperous relationship.

Original review: April 14, 2022

If you are a first-time metals buyer like me, you might be overwhelmed for where to begin. Although I encourage you to do your due diligence, I would love to reassure you if you select Monetary Gold. Their record is perfectly clean, and their personnel reflect that with every communication. They are so well informed and excellent at explaining to someone who is a beginner. I intend to make more purchases through Monetary Gold, and look forward to their assisting me with my investments as well.

Hi Carol,

I am so glad to hear about your experience. That's exciting. As a first-time buyer, yes it can be scary treading into new territory, but I'm happy that everything worked out for you and that there will be more purchases in the future.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Here's to a prosperous future!

Mark

Original review: March 29, 2022

The entire process was explained clearly and was performed in a timely, professional manner. Johnathan ** was very knowledgeable and helpful from beginning to end. He represents Monetary Gold very well and I will recommend his services to others.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm proud of our associates. They do a good job of explaining IRS-approved IRA products regarding gold and silver. We look forward to a long prosperous relationship.

Mark

Original review: March 23, 2022

When I first made contact there was some sales pressure and it came when I had a lot going on with Family and Work which caused me to push back on the schedule some. After Jonathan ** and I got together the transaction went smoothly. I feel Birch Gold/Strata group took advantage of me and poorly invented my assets and I feel Johnathan has my best interest based on several well perceived conversations. This is business so let's see how Monetary Gold performs going forward.

Hi James,

Thank you for the kind review and rating. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Birch/Strata. I'm pleased to hear that we did better. I look forward to a long prosperous relationship. Any questions and we're here to answer them for you.

Mark

Original review: March 18, 2022

So far so good, Jonathan ** and Mrs. ** have been great in getting me started with Monetary Gold. I'm very excited about the possibilities that gold and silver will do for me in the coming years. Time to start something new, let's do this!

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the nice review and rating. The future of Gold does look very exciting. I'm so glad you're a part of the Monetary Gold family. We'll keep you updated as needed.

Mark

Original review: March 5, 2022

When I contacted Monetary I thought that since I had a small IRA that I would be treated as such. Brandon and the rest treated me the same as if I had been a major investor. They listened to my concerns and helped me make the correct choices. I am very satisfied with their professionalism.

Hi Julian,

Wow! What kind words. Thank you so much for sharing that. I will let Brandon know and thank him personally for you. I'm happy to hear about your great experience.

Mark

Original review: March 2, 2022

I contacted Monetary Gold about rolling over my retirement account into gold and silver. Jonathon ** the agent I worked with was very patient with all my guestions. Great company to work with. Highly recommend monetary gold.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing such a great review. We're happy to hear that. If you have any new questions please feel free to ask. We look forward to a long prosperous relationship.

Mark

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I have worked with another company on the purchase of precious metals. I have found my recent business with Monetary Gold to be far superior. Value for money was much better. I found the staff to be sincerely interested in answering my questions. They were well organized and guided me through the paperwork and overall process with efficiency and alacrity. They were sensitive to my erratic and busy schedule. I look forward to a long term relationship with Monetary Gold.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to a long relationship with you as well.

Mark

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

I am super delighted to have discovered Di ** and Monetary Gold. I have been a piker at metals investing and I have mostly fumbled along on my own. With Di I have found someone I can trust, to curate and make suggestions for me, answer my newbie questions patiently and knowledgeably, and who projects enthusiasm and professionalism along with a heavy dose of genuine care. I would highly recommend her and this company. Classy!

Gina,

Thank you so much. That's awesome. Di is one of our best. We'll keep you up to date with how things are going in the market. We look forward to a long prosperous relationship.

Mark

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I recently rolled over a portion of my 401K with Monetary Gold to invest in precious metals. This is the first experience I've had with this type of investment. Jonathan ** and Andrea ** were both very professional and provided information that allowed me to research in advance of our meeting. They were both very thorough in providing, and explaining, the process and the required documents, answering my questions with knowledge and clarity. Recommendations were presented that were best suited to my situation. Never did I feel pressured. The customer service provided was exemplary.

Hi Karen,

Thank you for sharing your experience. What a pleasure it was working with you. We welcome you to the Monetary Gold family and look forward to a long vibrant relationship.

Thank you again for the wonderful review.

Mark

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I had a good experience with Monetary Gold. Their reps were forthright and gave me some information I needed to know. They were friendly and there was no pressure. They did good job.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your experience. I'm so glad to hear about your great experience. We look forward to a long prosperous relationship.

Mark

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

My wife put in a certain amount of money on Monetary Gold, but then that was not what she ended up with in the amount of gold and silver that she purchased. It was almost cut in half and she was really very upset about the whole deal. I purchased from them as well and my experience with their reps was pretty fuzzy. There were some things that could have been divulged a little bit more fee-wise and that might have affected the way we conducted business with Monetary Gold. Also, when we were looking on their website, we couldn't find the gold products that we bought at all which made us think that maybe these things weren't real.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

I had concerns on how to handle RMD distributions from a metals account. After discussions with Monetary Gold representatives, especially Jonathan ** and Chris ** I was satisfied with the process described and have been very satisfied with how the company has handled my account. I would highly recommend Monetary Gold to anyone interested in investing in precious metals.

Hi James,

Thank you so much for the great review and rating. We'll stay in touch and keep you up to date on your metals. We're proud to have you a part of the family and look forward to a long healthy relationship.

Mark

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Everything was fine with my experience with them. Everybody was aboveboard. I had to change delivery places on the shipment and it came just as expected and even came faster than I expected. I'd recommend them. It was fairly simple for an old codger like me. I was able to figure it out, so anybody else could, too.

Hi John,

Thank you for such a nice review and for sharing it with the world. It's so good to have you in the Monetary Gold family. We'll stay in touch and keep you up to date on how things are going in the metals world.

Mark

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

My experience with Monetary Gold dated 12/15/2021 today was as good as I comprehend it should have gone. Jonathan ** helped me understand and assured me that all the precious metals invoiced would be there throughout time at the Delaware Vaught and nothing to worry about. He made me feel more comfortable about the choices I made.

Hi Deborah,

I'm so glad to read such a nice review. Thank you so much for sharing. It's gratifying to know we did a good job. Welcome to the Monetary Gold family. To a profitable and safe future.

Mark

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

My husband and I recently researched investing in precious metals. We needed a highly-rated firm with a personal interest in our needs: someone with experience and patience to answer our many questions and help guide us. We found both with Monetary Gold and Nicholas **. After our decision to proceed, Andrea ** assisted us in the paperwork, which made the transition easy for us.

Hi Linda,

Wow! Thank you for sharing. What a great review you left for us. We welcome you to the Monetary Gold family and look forward to a long prosperous relationship.

Mark

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

We were looking for the right place to put our IRA that would hopefully be a shelter in a storm. In each conversation with Brandon, the senior account executive at Monetary Gold, we had a growing sense that we had found the right harbor. At no time was any pressure put on us so that we would feel rushed into a decision. It was a matter of his gracious presence, broad knowledge of the world of finance, and genuine interest in our well-being whatever we might decide to do. He invited us to explore with him, ask any questions, and naturally we did look at options with other institutions. But we always felt at peace with his competence, openness, and true respect for our desire to discover the right path for us. With his good-natured and easygoing accompaniment, we were led over a period of time to open an account with Monetary Gold. We are glad and at peace about it. Kathleen M.

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you so much for such a great review and thank you for sharing the details. That was really nice. We look forward to a long prosperous relationship.

Mark

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

As a first time investor, with a special mention to Brandon ** and Charles **, my decision to choose this firm and the process was seamless. Brandon and Charles were extremely informative and patient with many questions that I posed. Through their calming demeanor and kindness throughout our phone conversations, I felt I was making the right choice to invest with as well as join the Monetary Gold family. Happy trails to the family of investors at Monetary Gold! May we all see our fortunes real soon. God bless us all.

Hi Anastasia,

Thank you for sharing with us. I'm so glad you're a part of the Monetary Gold family. Happy trails to you as well and thank you for sharing such a nice review.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

It has been truly a pleasure working with Monetary Gold, From the beginning they took my information and contacted my 457 plan and had it transferred to my new account with them. It could not have been easier. I have been impressed with their professionalism and speed with which they put together this deal. Sincerely, Renee **.

Hi Renee,

Thank you for kindly sharing your experience with us. The process is quite daunting sometimes, so I'm so glad it went easy. I so appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

It was a experience dealing with him. Jonathan answered all my question. It was a easy transition to move money from my IRA to an IRA Monetary Gold account. They did all the paperwork. Then got back to me when done.

Hi William,

It was such a pleasure doing business with you. Welcome to the Monetary Gold family. We'll stay in touch and keep you up to date. Thank you for the great rating.

Mark

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

For what seems like much of my adult life, I have been a collector of precious metals in bullion form. But with uncertain governmental monetary policy stalking sound money practice, I had become increasingly less certain that my financial preparations were safe and sufficient for future needs for my family. So I began a search for a source to guide me through the minefield of competitive money sharks and gurus.

Believing that prayer helps, I asked to find the right guidance. online I came upon Monetary Gold (BBB rated A+). Subsequent conversations with Nicholas ** were encouraging. His patience and knowledge was the education I needed to gain trust again to move forward in my financial affairs from Bullion to Privacy Metals. Nicholas is the steady hand I needed on my shoulder. He keeps his word and delivers as promised always. Now my wife and I are satisfied as we begin our long term relationship with Nicholas and Monetary Gold.

Kenneth,

That is just stunning to read those words. We thank and appreciate you. We'll keep you updated as the markets move.

Welcome to the family,

Mark

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I recently became a customer of Monetary Gold. My experience with Monetary Gold representative, Jonathan **, was extremely professional, informative, and detailed. Mr. ** took me step by step through the benefits of obtaining gold and silver as a profitable investment. He thoroughly presented each investment option and their advantages until clearly understood them. I even received a purchase discount by getting in on a bulk order by Monetary Gold. I would recommend Monetary Gold as an investment company to all my friends and relatives.

Eddie Arnado

Hi Edward,

That's awesome! Those bulk purchases don't happen all the time, so cashing in on that was a good choice. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. This just helps us improve our customer service.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

After much research I went with Monetary Gold, because Eric ** and his associates made the transaction very easy and uncomplicated and gave the best advice during the process, very informative and professional. I will highly recommend to anyone who’s looking to invest in precious metals to get in touch with the folks at Monetary Gold.

Robert

Hi Robert,

That's awesome to hear. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for the great review. We look forward to a long relationship.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I was ready to start investing in gold and silver. I researched who I wanted to represent me as a dealer/agent. I decided Monetary Gold was the best. Since my transaction, I have been very pleased with the professionalism and urgency of my transaction.

Karen,

That's fantastic. Thank you for sharing. You are a part of an elite group of people. Everybody wants to own gold, but you took action. Welcome to the family.

Mark

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

My experience with Monetary Gold has been great. Dealing with Mr. ** has been a pleasure. We talked on the phone several times before, during and after the transactions. He has always been very informative and sent me some very informational reports. He has also called to see how my wife and I are doing once he became aware of an illness in the family. He is very pleasant and easy to talk to. So far I moved over an IRA and made two purchases of physical metal which came really quickly. I recommend Monetary Gold and I will continue to do business with them.

Carlos,

Thank you for such great words. We are happy to welcome you into the Monetary Gold family and look forward to a long relationship. We wish you all the best of success.

Mark

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Not being much of an investor (very limited funds), I took a chance and purchased silver coins from Monetary Gold. Not only was Di so very, very helpful in explaining the investment to me, she follows up with a telephone call from time to time to make sure I'm aware of the increase in the value of the silver coins I purchased. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Lynda,

Thank you! I'm so glad you're a part of the family. We appreciate the kind words and sentiment. We'll continue to keep you up to date!

Mark

Original review: May 5, 2021

The three people who guided me through my investment are phenomenal. David **, Andrea, and Di ** are extremely knowledgeable, and friendly. They made me feel at ease through the complete process. They answered every question I asked to my satisfaction, and I won't hesitate to recommend them to my family and friends. I look forward to a long business venture.

Hi Lola,

We look forward to a long relationship with you as well. We'll keep you up to date and thank you so much for the nice words.

Mark

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Back a few months my wife and myself decided to look into purchasing precious metals, we had no clue how to start the process. After doing some research finally we decided to go Monetary Gold. On paper they were a solid company with solid ratings but we needed more than that to be confident in what we were doing. I was contacted by one of their representatives a Mr. Jeff ** (no relation to the great guitarist Jeff Beck but I was hopeful). We had a wonderful conversation that day. Jeff answered every question we and educated on how we could obtain our goals and provided us with exceptional guidance. It was about a week later we had another conversation and once again felt very confident in the information he provided and in the way he presented the information. Jeff is very professional and a down to earth guy who is easy to communicate with.

We made our first Gold and Silver purchase a few days later, which required transferring funds from a Roth IRA which Jeff and Angela handled from start to finish. We have since made 3 more Precious Metals Purchases and now have a solid foundation to build on to help make our retirement a little more secure. All this wouldn’t have happened if we were not completely comfortable with Jeff and Angela and all those at Monetary Gold who helped us get started. We consider Jeff and the staff at Monetary Gold as part of our family, and we look forward to adding to our investment over the years to come. Thank for helping us secure a future for Ourselves and our Children and Grandchildren. I appreciate you Jeff **.

Hi Tim and Amy,

Wow! What a great review. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I apologize for the delay in responding to your comments. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Mark

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Monetary Gold's customer service is first class! Not only did they walk me through the process of setting up a precious metals IRA but they handled all of the paperwork and made the process so easy! They answer all questions and respond immediately. I HIGHLY recommend this company.

Hi Sylvia,

Thank you so much. I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your compliments of our service. Thank you for such a nice review. We'll stay in touch and keep you updated on the metals markets.

Monetary Gold Company Information