2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.73/5

Monetary Gold is a direct dealer that helps clients invest in gold, silver and other precious metals. The company offers cash purchases, physical deliveries and gold and silver IRAs. Monetary gold offers up to five years free of custodian fees and/or $5,000 of free gold and silver for qualified clients. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own.

BOTTOM LINE

Monetary Gold is a direct dealer of precious metals. Clients enjoy perks like free shipping and access to workshops with trusted advisors. Customer service isn’t available on weekends, but clients can monitor accounts online.

PROS

• Free shipping
  • Individual retirement account
  • Large selection

CONS

• Not available on weekends or holidays
  • Prices not listed online
Monetary Gold Learn More

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

What is Monetary Gold?

Monetary Gold is a dealer that specializes in gold and silver investment products, including rare, foreign, modern proof and bullion coins, and semi-numismatic versions of the mass-produced bullion coins. Prices fluctuate depending on several factors, including mintage, scarcity and demand. Be aware that proof coins usually have a premium beyond the value of the metal content. Some popular options include:

• Bullion coins: Gold Austrian Philharmonic, South African Krugerrands and Gold Canadian Maple Leaf coins
  • Rare U.S. coins: Saint Gaudens, Liberty and Indian gold coins in BU condition
  • Foreign coins: Gold British Sovereign, German Gold Marks, Swiss Francs, Napoleon III Francs and more in BU condition
  • Modern proof coins: Gold and silver American Eagle coin sets

Monetary Gold IRAs

Once you fund your IRA, Monetary Gold transfers the precious metals to Delaware Depository Service Company on your behalf. Once the metals have been processed, inspected and insured, your IRA custodian is responsible for statements and holdings.

• Shipping and delivery: Account holders can select from FedEx, USPS or UPS for physical deliveries. Shipments are fully insured and require signatures upon arrival.
  • Storage: Metals are stored at Delaware Depository Service Company,  which has high-security vaults, monitored security devices and redundant alarms.
  • IRA fees: Clients pay $100 per year to store and insure up to $100,000 of gold. After the first $100,000, it costs $1 for every $1,000 of gold. For example, if you have $150,000 of gold, your annual fee would be $150.

Monetary Gold FAQ

Can I get a Monetary Gold IRA if I already have a retirement savings account?
Yes. Monetary Gold helps clients roll over their 401(k) or 403(b) into a precious metal IRA without incurring penalty taxes. Transfers are available for traditional, Roth or SEP IRAs.
How long does it take to set up an IRA with Monetary Gold?
It takes Monetary Gold about two to three days to open a gold IRA account after processing begins.
What metals can I include in my Monetary Gold IRA?
You can have gold, silver, platinum and palladium in an IRA with Monetary Gold.
Is there a minimum investment to open a Monetary Gold IRA?
Depending on the custodian you choose, the required minimum investment amount is usually between $5,000 and $10,000.
Where is the Monetary Gold headquarters located?
Monetary Gold is headquartered in Woodland Hills, California.

Bottom line: Do we recommend Monetary Gold

Monetary Gold is a smart pick for those interested in working with a direct dealer for their gold or precious metal IRAs and investments. We like that the company emphasizes protecting wealth by diversifying your portfolio beyond stock market investments. Clients can also take advantage of free workshops to learn more about how to invest in gold and other precious metals.

Monetary Gold Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monetary Gold?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monetary Gold?

Original review: July 25, 2020

Something about Monetary Gold came on my email for some reason. I also saw it in some kind of flyer, newspaper, or magazine. I asked for information and they contacted me. I have others that, for some reason, I was really getting information about. I already started with somebody then somebody contacted me from Monetary. I realized I talked to them also and they were nice. I decided to go with them on one account. I have been there just a few months now and they've been very helpful. Even in the transferring of my accounts, they help me with all those. I wouldn't have known how to do all the things that they had to do with me. I've been satisfied with them so far.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: July 24, 2020

Monetary Gold's service has been phenomenal. Their responses have been very quick and timely. They've gone the extra mile every single time I have ever needed them to do anything for me. My rep is David who is the VP of the company. If there were any major changes or recommendations, he would call me right away. For the legwork stuff, there's a woman there named Andrea and she is absolutely terrific. She would let me know if things have shifted and have been completed. I did a rollover from my 401(k) and she handled all the details of that and did a fantastic job. She took such a load off me. Their investment advice and recommendations are really right on track with everything else that I'm comparing them to. They give me good, accurate information.

Original review: July 16, 2020

Monetary Gold was a better product at the time. The representative was good. Usually, if I start having issues with the rep, I don't like the operation, then I just jump out of it. Recently, I felt like I needed to make a change and that's what I did. I wasn't really happy with the previous bunch. I felt comfortable working with them 'cause I dealt with people like that before and I felt pretty much at home. I've had some improvements. I feel like I'm making more money out of the whole thing than what I was previously. That's what I was hoping for, the price will catch up from before.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I was aware of all the investment companies. There's one played all the time with a movie star and I also went to Blue Vault. I eventually sent the money from that silver to Monetary Gold and to a person by the name of Eric. Monetary Gold is a good company. My wife was very skeptical about them because a lot of places are open for short periods of time and have only a few number of employees. I looked further into Monetary Gold and they have been around longer than she thought. They have quite a number more of employees than three. Eric is one of them. He was the man who helped me to purchase the numismatic coins. Now, they have a tape that states that they are not investors, but they assist people in investing.

I spoke to Eric and to someone else from another major gold company. After speaking to Eric a few times and his secretary, Andrea, who was very helpful and efficient, I got the impression that they were professional. They've been courteous too. I wish people where I work have all been as good an employee as they have been. I got a very good feeling from the two. Eric had my best interest at heart and so far, I've had a very good experience. He's done exactly what he said. I have checked on the computer for the facts of what he's told me prior to me joining him financially and putting any money in with him, and they've been accurate. He was talking about one coin in particular not making any money, and I often wondered why that particular coin. I found it just popped up and he was correct about that too. He was telling me that months ago, but I just found the video that proves his point.

I'm thinking of putting more money with him. I'm just not sure I wanna check the facts of where the money will go from here. I have $20,000 at 4%. I'm gonna look both ways then I'm gonna make a decision and call him up. He knows what he's doing. I waited a long time before I took a step with him. Nobody should put $50,000 into someone else's hands without being a little suspicious and doing a lot of fact-checking.

Original review: July 14, 2020

My investment was somewhere else for almost 3 years. I told the fellow who's working for Monetary Gold that I would like to transfer my account to them. He called and they transferred my account immediately. I transferred my money into Monetary Gold because I thought it will be a better investment for me for in 5,6 years. I watch the stock market all the time and I figured it out that gold is doing better. People are transferring into gold because stocks are fluctuating too much too frequently.

I bought some investment in gold and silver from Monetary Gold and the process happened very quickly. The guy spoke to me and very openly explained to me how will it work. He told me give 4,5 years and my money will be better. I trust him because he's in this business. He seems to be a nice, honest person to speak to. He told me to call anytime if I want to or if I need any further information. I am curious to know if they send any statement about it or any information on how it is doing and how much growth is done.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I would recommend Monetary Gold to others. The people were nice on the phone and they weren't pushy. They felt concerned and knew what they were talking about. They were knowledgeable and presented everything in a way that you didn't feel like you had to do it. With Monetary Gold, my retirement is into precious metals and not just sitting in the bank waiting for it to be consumed by the government.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I really like the thoroughness and time that is taken to be sure that customers are informed of what is happening and how everything will work. It's comforting in today's world to know that you can contact representatives who will call you back immediately and answer and explain anything you may have questions about. Precise and efficient and this works well for us.

Original review: July 30, 2020

My experience was adequate. I purchased some metals which I still have in a depository. Monetary Gold contacted me. I had not discussed precious metals with any other company, but I had been thinking about it. I got what I thought was adequate information about the balance of how the metal should be balanced, as far as what percentage in gold and what percentage in platinum and so forth. I thought it was reasonable. I would do it again if I were in the same situation and looking to acquire precious metals.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I would like some follow up on things that are going on in the market. I talked with a couple of other outlets but Monetary Gold never supplied me any compelling evidence of why I should even get in that market. Other than that, the customer service was pretty good.

Original review: July 21, 2020

David, the agent I worked with, was good.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Monetary Gold was talking about ways to lessen the impact of this social unrest and whatnot on my retirement savings, so I started looking into it. They seemed to be nice people to work with after I got to talking to them so I stayed with them. I researched on their references and so far, seemed to be that they were treating me well. We converted some of my IRAs into precious metals. Silver and gold were the main emphases. The reps were very helpful and answered my questions. They were very professional. I have no problem recommending them to anybody else.

Monetary Gold Company Information