Monetary Gold is a direct dealer that helps clients invest in gold, silver and other precious metals. The company offers cash purchases, physical deliveries and gold and silver IRAs. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own.
Monetary Gold is a direct dealer of precious metals. Clients enjoy perks like free shipping and access to workshops with trusted advisors. Customer service isn’t available on weekends, but clients can monitor accounts online.
- Free shipping
- Individual retirement account
- Large selection
- Not available on weekends or holidays
- Prices not listed online
Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.
What is Monetary Gold?
Monetary Gold is a dealer that specializes in gold and silver investment products, including rare, foreign, modern proof and bullion coins, and semi-numismatic versions of the mass-produced bullion coins. Prices fluctuate depending on several factors, including mintage, scarcity and demand. Be aware that proof coins usually have a premium beyond the value of the metal content. Some popular options include:
- Bullion coins: Gold Austrian Philharmonic, South African Krugerrands and Gold Canadian Maple Leaf coins
- Rare U.S. coins: Saint Gaudens, Liberty and Indian gold coins in BU condition
- Foreign coins: Gold British Sovereign, German Gold Marks, Swiss Francs, Napoleon III Francs and more in BU condition
- Modern proof coins: Gold and silver American Eagle coin sets
Monetary Gold IRAs
Once you fund your IRA, Monetary Gold transfers the precious metals to Delaware Depository Service Company on your behalf. Once the metals have been processed, inspected and insured, your IRA custodian is responsible for statements and holdings.
- Shipping and delivery: Account holders can select from FedEx, USPS or UPS for physical deliveries. Shipments are fully insured and require signatures upon arrival.
- Storage: Metals are stored at Delaware Depository Service Company, which has high-security vaults, monitored security devices and redundant alarms.
- IRA fees: Clients pay $100 per year to store and insure up to $100,000 of gold. After the first $100,000, it costs $1 for every $1,000 of gold. For example, if you have $150,000 of gold, your annual fee would be $150.
Monetary Gold FAQ
- Can I get a Monetary Gold IRA if I already have a retirement savings account?
- Yes. Monetary Gold helps clients roll over their 401(k) or 403(b) into a precious metal IRA without incurring penalty taxes. Transfers are available for traditional, Roth or SEP IRAs.
- How long does it take to set up an IRA with Monetary Gold?
- It takes Monetary Gold about two to three days to open a gold IRA account after processing begins.
- What metals can I include in my Monetary Gold IRA?
- You can have gold, silver, platinum and palladium in an IRA with Monetary Gold.
- Is there a minimum investment to open a Monetary Gold IRA?
- Depending on the custodian you choose, the required minimum investment amount is usually between $5,000 and $10,000.
- Where is the Monetary Gold headquarters located?
- Monetary Gold is headquartered in Woodland Hills, California.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Monetary Gold Company Information
- Company Name:
- Monetary Gold