2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.44/5

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Lobel Financial Corporation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lobel Financial Corporation?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lobel Financial Corporation?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I financed a car from this company, it was my first car at that time. It turned out to be trash. I was young. I didn’t have the knowledge that I have today. The first day that I drove the car back home the check engine light came on. I couldn’t drive the car a lot. I called the dealer. They weren’t helpful. I called Lobel. They were very unprofessional. There was always weird noise in the background (people laughing). They are scammers. Please don’t ever trust this “company.” It’s TRASH!!!! The car started to leak oil after 2 weeks of purchasing the car. Also it had a problem with the engine. I have proof because I took it to a professional BMW dealership.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I financed a car from this company, my first car at that. It turned out to be a lemon. I was able to drive the car about 20% of the time I had it. Lobel just shrugged it off. Mind you I had problems the first month after getting the car. I should’ve known something was up when the dealer was as able to call someone at Lobel and get my application to go through because it was denying me at first. I called them numerous times to try and work something out but they didn’t care. The car was worth about $2000-$3000 at the most but was sold to me for $6000.

Once I did the voluntary repossession, the car sold for a measly $1600 or somewhere around there. Not to mention the repairs (yes I tried to get it fixed before the repossession), were estimated to be around $5000. That didn’t include 1 other expensive fix that they couldn’t figure out. It was a diesel vehicle so fixing it was an expensive headache. I wish I had never done business with that car lot and this predatory loan company.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Once again I make a payment 1 week early and I am still being told I am past due. Lobel Financial keeps charging me late fees even though I pay a week early every month. They have already reflected my credit score negative 51 points and it keeps getting worse every time I make a payment. Customer service is horrible. I ask customer service reps to put notes on my account on the date I make my payments and they never do.

NOBODY SHOULD TRUST LOBEL FINANCIAL!!!! They will only lie and steal from you. I have filed complaints with the BBB and a customer rep calls and asks me to retract my statements so they can help me resolve my issue. What a joke. They do not care they are ruining peoples credit scores. I was pushed out of buying a home because they lied about late payments on my account. We need to stand together and put a stop to this. Please comment on this review if you are willing to assist in getting an attorney to put an end to Lobel Financial's lies. Legal action must be taken or they will just keep stealing from and lying to people in need.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Hi Guys. Beware of Lobel Financial stealing debit card information i.e data breach. I paid My payment over phone, next day my debit card info was leaked. I talk to lobel customer service and they said they will take an action, they did nothing and called next day ask me to claim from bank. I cancelled my debit card and filed complaint in Wells Fargo bank and I mention the information was leaked from Lobel financial. Lobel is not a right company. Lots of black sheet works and stealing our monies.

Original review: May 3, 2020

Absolutely the worst lending agency in the industry... I sold new cars for Chevrolet for 3 years and never have I encountered such rude, dishonest customer service reps... And when you asked for a supervisor they say there's not one .... I would not recommend Lobel to any of my car clients...I'll be posting to BirdEye, BBB, Facebook, Instagram, every day until this matter is resolved..!!

Original review: April 15, 2020

I recently purchased a vehicle and had a choice of finance company. But should have done my research first because not only are they rude but they charge you a fee to make payments no matter how you pay.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I was financed my Mustang through Lobel Financial in March 2018, never missed a payment, always paid more than the minimum and paid off my car in Feb. 2020, they closed my account and it shows on my credit report. I received my title from the DMV at the end of March. I never had a problem with Lobel such as the stories I read. My recommendation is to just make your payment on time, I paid online and tracked all of my payments. The only downfall is the monthly additional $5 charge for making online payments. I guess I’ve been fortunate to deal with good employees when I have any inquiries.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

My first mistake was signing for a car for an ex who ended up not paying a dime for the car. The initial price of the car was 12,000. My bill is now 22,000. They won’t drop the interest that has accrued. I set up a payment plan and the total price of the car keeps increasing. The staff is not helpful, arrogant and downright mean. The car is worth less than $5,000 but now I am stuck paying the price of a brand new car.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Lobel financed my husband when no one else would. After reading some of the other reviews, I'm shocked we're talking about the same company. There were a few times we were late and/or missed a month entirely and not once were we harassed. Not once did anyone from the company call us about the late/missed payment. I've only had to call the company one time and the customer service guy was super nice and helpful.

Long story short, we've just paid the last payment. Thanks to Lobel (albeit at a way higher interest rate, but that's the price you pay), we were able to rebuild our credit back to 780 and have since financed two more vehicles and a home. I typically don't write reviews but because our experience has been so different, I felt it necessary to share. Otherwise, Lobel has been one of the best companies (AmEX, Chase, Citi, all included) that I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with. I will update this review if we have any difficulty receiving the title as several other reviewers have reported.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I have this company auto loan account. First time make new credit card first time buy car. The car dealership company directly sign up this company because that time my credit report is not good. Every month I pay my payment but sometimes I forget Lobel Financial customer center send me email or message to remind my payment. But this time my payment is one month late me to forget lobel payment. Even customer service too didn’t text me message. Lobel financial app remind section too not work. Then today my credit info come to email. Reason is lobel financial reported me.

Then I call lobel office like 20 time just connect account number name then the guys transfer each other. Every single transfer guy ask me account number name. I’m so upset then last person ask me same question. I answered. Say to him my situation but he just say, "This is your fault." But I said, "Correct. It’s my fault but why are you didn’t report me before report in credit..!?" They said, "look your contact." This one is lobel financial real face. They never think about customer. The all customer service guys doesnt know work. More important one is I'm this company client. So if company something big issue and change..! The company need a I from Customer right..!? Or my understanding is wrong..!? Last word: This company is so worse even rate is so high 9000$ loan 48 month monthly payment 360$.

Lobel Financial Corporation Company Information