1.41/5

Looking for a loan company?

Lobel Financial Corporation

Looking for a loan company?

97 Lobel Financial Corporation Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I have had my BMW for 1.3 years and I have had only a small issue at the beginning with the insurance. Yes if you do not send in the proper paperwork from your insurance you will get charged with the insurance fee from Lobel. Which I did get fined but was taken off once I sent in the proper paperwork. If a person is on time with payments and responsible with the money they have been entrusted you should not have a problem. All these people are late on payments or they bought a lemon and don't want their car anymore. That has nothing to do with the finance company. Plus they give you 10 day grace period to pay without fees. I mean come on people you have a high-risk loan they will not play around with non-payments.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I purchased a car financed by Lobel Financial in 2018. I made all of my payments even late payments that kept account current. Lobel took two payments in one month one day after each other from my bank account in August 2018 then stated I did not make the next months payment. I request a payment due date change to Lobel six (6) different times in one year which they agreed to the change with a letter dated January 2019, since refuse to honor the agreement. They claimed I was 40 days behind on payment repossessed my car Monday night 6/17/2019 after Lobel made a phone call to Phantom Towing. After the call in less than one-half hour my car was repossessed.

Spoke to Lobel in a lengthy phone conversation going over a complete statement all of my payments made proving I am current, plus the dates they claimed I was behind were false by not honoring the new due date agreement for my monthly statement. Lobel will not honor that I am current on all of my payment. Because of the fraud, corruption and deceit in their business practice, Lobel Financial has taken my car. I want my car back and for Lobel to update and correct the deficiencies that I and Lobel pointed out in billings on 6/18/2019 which they refuse to honor.

Lobel has a negative demeanor to customers across the nation. In 2018, Lobel harassed me for six (6) months regarding claiming I did not have car insurance even proving to them that I had insurance with the purchase of the car which transferred over from the previous car coverage. I had to get the insurance legal department to force Lobel to deal with the issue. All of my payments I have proven to Lobel and the staff time and time again since February 2018 to current June 19, 2019, of payments and not being behind enough to repossess my car. Yet, all I get is excuses with no resolution. Lobel employees do not follow up, can't get supervisors when requesting one as all Lobel employees are supervisor's. Engage in false debt harassment.

I have not received any notice or mail from Lobel since January 2019 only receiving threatening phone call daily including Saturdays and Sundays, even phone calls Lobel hangs up. I've been told by Lobel staff all faxes take five (5) to seven (7) business days for review. They don't read case notes or follow up on disputes when the evidence of payment I made is clearly not in their favor. I have saved all information including the confirmation of payments made to Lobel. I want my car back as soon as possible.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Currently in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy with Lobel being a listed Debtor. I was involved in a Hit and Run accident on 5/2. Insurance paid claim on 5/16 and made the check out to Lobel and myself. Car repairs completed 5/31. Took check into local branch along with the proper documentation that the car repairs were completed. Lobel applies the Insurance check to the account as a payment. I did not endorse the check or give permission for Lobel to apply the check to my account. The check has to have both signatures to be checked. They are stating it was a mistake however California Branch is blaming Texas Branch and so on.

Insurance company could not do a stop payment because they are showing the check has been cashed. Car has been repaired and is still at the repair shop adding more storage fees as the days continue, not to mention me paying out of pocket for a rental. This company as a whole does not take accountability. I have filed a complaint with the FTC, the Bankruptcy Trustee, and will be seeking another attorney apart from my Bankruptcy counsel to file a civil lawsuit. Why they would pocket $2,400 meant to repair the vehicle I have not a clue, but I will spend whatever money I have to make sure this company is shut down.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Never do business with them again. I cannot wait to refinance my car. They have been nothing but hell. I have been up to date on payments but yet they call me every day saying a payment is late and I’m not due till 18th of each month. They keep saying they haven’t got my insurance information... for 3 months now and I have insurance. They keep harassing and calling, adding on fees and adding on things that don’t make any sense at all. I cannot wait to switch someone else. I hate libel and wouldn’t recommend their service at all to anybody. They are scammers for sure.

Original review: March 27, 2019

No good Lobel Financial is garbage. Never ever go back to that waste of money Lobel Financial. My advice to the people thinking of going to Lobel Financial go anywhere else but there. They took my car. Never missed a payment. My last payment of 100 dollars 2 weeks late. They rats took my car. Couldn't get it back because they sold car and said I still owe money. ** Stoopid lop ** rats. So yeah NO GOOD. LOBEL FINANCIAL IS NEVER GOOD. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. NEVER EVER.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lobel Financial Corporation?

Original review: March 19, 2019

I am tired of sending them proof of my insurance. Has been 3 months now, I gave my info by phone hundreds of times, I emailed them and they will never update my monthly payment. They still want to charge me $100 extra every month. Scammers and worthless.

Original review: March 9, 2019

True scam artist. They will squeeze anything out of you that they can. Illegally repossessed my car then illegally auctioned it off. Now they are avoiding me while trying to stick me with a bill. I'm highly dissatisfied.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Recently I went to pay off my mom's car for her after her husband passed. I called Lobel and they told me I had from Feb 13th to the 15th to pay and it would be $2235. On the 14th I call in to pay, they refuse to let me pay off the entire balance. Saying I have to send in a request in writing and have it mailed them ACROSS COUNTRY by 3 pm PST and the pay off is now $2240 and they Won't take a payment over the phone. I can pay online but only $2,000 and today I call to confirm the remaining amount to pay it off since the price changes daily and what should have been $240 is now $382!!! WHAT THE HELL TYPE OF SCAM ARE THEY GETTING AWAY WITH!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Good morning, my name is Julio Cesar **. I bought a Ford Fusion 2014 black hybrid titanium, VIN number ** at an agency in Florida in Orlando Myway Auto Group, 1315 W Church St ste: 1-3 and I did the loan at the Lobel bank. Shortly after I had problems with bed bugs in the apartment where I was living. A doctor gave me an award that I could not stay another day in the apartment to worsen my children's health. I went to a hotel, I stayed almost 1 month in the hotel, I checked all my bills, because I was paying 2 rents.

The Amalfi condo did nothing about it and omitted the fact, me, wife and two children from 5 years, I rented another apartment with a lot of trouble. I sent several emails explaining my situation to Lobel, my contract was not over. Soon after won in November 2018 and would win the second on December 15, I got my car in the gas station at night, were following me, being that on Thursday I got pneumonia. I have all the evidence, I paid for the ticket in the Western Union the value of my car, because they were also charging me wrong, because I paid 363 and they charged me 440, because they claimed that I did not have proof of insurance.

I made the payment on the 15th, I paid the month of November, the day was December 15th, I took my car on the 14th, I called Lobel and they told me they would only return the car if I paid the full amount of the car, 10,000.00. He wickedly did not accept my payment and did not want to make the chargeback, they informed that the money will not return for the simple fact that I deposited with the car arrested, if the car was stuck and they in possession of the same, because they do not return the money, people who work there very rude, unprepared and heartless.

I leave my report so they do not do business with this company, do not submit to it, they are so dumb. They will take damage and I would pay the car, but so what? I will appeal in court to recover my signal, the money I have deposited and the embarrassment I have suffered in the process, I am not afraid of court, proceedings, justice, etc. They think they are immigrants who are going to bow their heads to them, of savers and profiteers. Lobel account number **. If you buy the car, remove the GPS, because they are naughty and with naughty we have to act like that!!! Unfortunately!!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I bought myself a BMW M3 in June of 2017, from a local small dealership here in the Houston area. I had the car for approximately 6,000 miles before the engine blew on the vehicle. What do I mean? The connecting rod from inside the cylinder sheared into two piece and shot out of the bottom of my block... Meaning a hole was created... That's not where I got screwed, the story gets better. I was working for Safelite AutoGlass when this happened (back in January of 2018). 6 months after I got the car, I am faced with a bill for a full engine replacement on a BMW M car, which mind you is not cheap. I called the bank when it happened and informed them the car was IN-OP and that I was going to be a little late on my payments to figure everything out.

Kept making payments on the vehicle, then I got a job offer at a body shop locally. So I took it after being promised more money. After getting the job at the body shop. I had my vehicle towed there, (it's now June/July) and I get the vehicle looked at. After looking at the car, they tow it out of the shop to park it on the lot, and end up dropping the car off the tow truck (the body shop dropped my car). Now, I am not only devastated but completely done with the car. I contact Lobel and let them know I do not want the vehicle anymore and OSCAR tells me they will come get it. OSCAR also promised me they would go after the body shop for the damages, since they dropped the car and that the business my vehicle was at was liable.

Makes sense, he told me over the phone on a recorded line that they would send an inspector out to the body shop to assess the damages and go after the body shop for the value. Since it was a loss and there was an accident on the vehicle he also told me that my GAP insurance that I PAID FOR would cover the rest of the damages. NOW I CALL BACK AFTER THEY PICK UP MY CAR, and get a completely different story by Noemi. She told me that I was responsible for the damages and the remaining balance on the vehicle after it was sold at auction. Advice, don't bank with these people because they do not honor their word. Now I am getting a lawyer involved to sue both the bank and the body shop for damages to my vehicle.

Lobel Financial Corporation Company Information