1.38/5

Looking for a loan company?

94 Lobel Financial Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 13, 2019

Never do business with them again. I cannot wait to refinance my car. They have been nothing but hell. I have been up to date on payments but yet they call me every day saying a payment is late and I’m not due till 18th of each month. They keep saying they haven’t got my insurance information... for 3 months now and I have insurance. They keep harassing and calling, adding on fees and adding on things that don’t make any sense at all. I cannot wait to switch someone else. I hate libel and wouldn’t recommend their service at all to anybody. They are scammers for sure.

Original review: March 27, 2019

No good Lobel Financial is garbage. Never ever go back to that waste of money Lobel Financial. My advice to the people thinking of going to Lobel Financial go anywhere else but there. They took my car. Never missed a payment. My last payment of 100 dollars 2 weeks late. They rats took my car. Couldn't get it back because they sold car and said I still owe money. ** Stoopid lop ** rats. So yeah NO GOOD. LOBEL FINANCIAL IS NEVER GOOD. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. NEVER EVER.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I am tired of sending them proof of my insurance. Has been 3 months now, I gave my info by phone hundreds of times, I emailed them and they will never update my monthly payment. They still want to charge me $100 extra every month. Scammers and worthless.

Original review: March 9, 2019

True scam artist. They will squeeze anything out of you that they can. Illegally repossessed my car then illegally auctioned it off. Now they are avoiding me while trying to stick me with a bill. I'm highly dissatisfied.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Recently I went to pay off my mom's car for her after her husband passed. I called Lobel and they told me I had from Feb 13th to the 15th to pay and it would be $2235. On the 14th I call in to pay, they refuse to let me pay off the entire balance. Saying I have to send in a request in writing and have it mailed them ACROSS COUNTRY by 3 pm PST and the pay off is now $2240 and they Won't take a payment over the phone. I can pay online but only $2,000 and today I call to confirm the remaining amount to pay it off since the price changes daily and what should have been $240 is now $382!!! WHAT THE HELL TYPE OF SCAM ARE THEY GETTING AWAY WITH!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lobel Financial Corporation?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Good morning, my name is Julio Cesar **. I bought a Ford Fusion 2014 black hybrid titanium, VIN number ** at an agency in Florida in Orlando Myway Auto Group, 1315 W Church St ste: 1-3 and I did the loan at the Lobel bank. Shortly after I had problems with bed bugs in the apartment where I was living. A doctor gave me an award that I could not stay another day in the apartment to worsen my children's health. I went to a hotel, I stayed almost 1 month in the hotel, I checked all my bills, because I was paying 2 rents.

The Amalfi condo did nothing about it and omitted the fact, me, wife and two children from 5 years, I rented another apartment with a lot of trouble. I sent several emails explaining my situation to Lobel, my contract was not over. Soon after won in November 2018 and would win the second on December 15, I got my car in the gas station at night, were following me, being that on Thursday I got pneumonia. I have all the evidence, I paid for the ticket in the Western Union the value of my car, because they were also charging me wrong, because I paid 363 and they charged me 440, because they claimed that I did not have proof of insurance.

I made the payment on the 15th, I paid the month of November, the day was December 15th, I took my car on the 14th, I called Lobel and they told me they would only return the car if I paid the full amount of the car, 10,000.00. He wickedly did not accept my payment and did not want to make the chargeback, they informed that the money will not return for the simple fact that I deposited with the car arrested, if the car was stuck and they in possession of the same, because they do not return the money, people who work there very rude, unprepared and heartless.

I leave my report so they do not do business with this company, do not submit to it, they are so dumb. They will take damage and I would pay the car, but so what? I will appeal in court to recover my signal, the money I have deposited and the embarrassment I have suffered in the process, I am not afraid of court, proceedings, justice, etc. They think they are immigrants who are going to bow their heads to them, of savers and profiteers. Lobel account number **. If you buy the car, remove the GPS, because they are naughty and with naughty we have to act like that!!! Unfortunately!!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I bought myself a BMW M3 in June of 2017, from a local small dealership here in the Houston area. I had the car for approximately 6,000 miles before the engine blew on the vehicle. What do I mean? The connecting rod from inside the cylinder sheared into two piece and shot out of the bottom of my block... Meaning a hole was created... That's not where I got screwed, the story gets better. I was working for Safelite AutoGlass when this happened (back in January of 2018). 6 months after I got the car, I am faced with a bill for a full engine replacement on a BMW M car, which mind you is not cheap. I called the bank when it happened and informed them the car was IN-OP and that I was going to be a little late on my payments to figure everything out.

Kept making payments on the vehicle, then I got a job offer at a body shop locally. So I took it after being promised more money. After getting the job at the body shop. I had my vehicle towed there, (it's now June/July) and I get the vehicle looked at. After looking at the car, they tow it out of the shop to park it on the lot, and end up dropping the car off the tow truck (the body shop dropped my car). Now, I am not only devastated but completely done with the car. I contact Lobel and let them know I do not want the vehicle anymore and OSCAR tells me they will come get it. OSCAR also promised me they would go after the body shop for the damages, since they dropped the car and that the business my vehicle was at was liable.

Makes sense, he told me over the phone on a recorded line that they would send an inspector out to the body shop to assess the damages and go after the body shop for the value. Since it was a loss and there was an accident on the vehicle he also told me that my GAP insurance that I PAID FOR would cover the rest of the damages. NOW I CALL BACK AFTER THEY PICK UP MY CAR, and get a completely different story by Noemi. She told me that I was responsible for the damages and the remaining balance on the vehicle after it was sold at auction. Advice, don't bank with these people because they do not honor their word. Now I am getting a lawyer involved to sue both the bank and the body shop for damages to my vehicle.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I buy a 2007 BMW 650i. After a couple months they start to charge me for the insurance. My car got stolen then the police officers they find my car. They take it to the impound. Lobel send insurance adjuster to look at my car that your adjuster doesn't want to give me an estimate. I was calling every day to Lobel Financial to see what happened with the car and they told me, "Don't get involved in these. The car was 25 days and the impound almost about to lose the car. I get the car out from the impound.

After I get it out they send the Repo Man. I go back to Lobel and I talked with one of the representant. My toddler my car is the help about engine. You say, "After you finish to pay it we going to send you the title and you can junk your car." It's not a good company. Charge a lot interest. They charge you for insurance that you never know the name of all the insurance or nothing. Thanks for watching. Sorry for my letters.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I was in an ok place financially, but had terrible credit. Lobel was the first company that approved me for a car loan. It was super high interest for a 30 month term. They told me right from the start that late payments would result in repossession. Got it. That's the nature of taking a loan from a high-risk lender. I paid the car off in 8 months and had the title in my hand within two weeks of sending the final payment. Zero issues with Lobel the entire time. They were professional on the phone and prompt in service. If you have even the slightest doubt about being able to make payments on time, don't go through them. If you don't understand how 30% interest works, don't go through them. If you don't know for a fact that you can keep full coverage on the car for the entire term, don't go through them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I was late on my payments but I paid every time. I told the witch Misty who was calling me that I sent out payment and even gave her the check number and explained to her that I'm not in control when I get paid because I'm self employed and my clients pay when they want. Knowing also I'm a single mother she couldn't care less. I sent out payment and told her and she still had my car repossessed. And after repossessing it I told the lady, "When you receive my payment cancel it." She was rude and said, "Stop payment on it through your bank." These evil people still tried to cash my check after taking my car from me while I was at the bank with groceries. I filed two claims against them with my bank. They can take the car and shove it up their **. It was a lemon. I had to put money into it to fix. Bumper fell off. Ac went out. Tires were all bad. I put so much money to fix their bucket. Hope they go out of business and lose their jobs and starve.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I purchased a car financed by Lobel the last payment was due on a Wednesday, I called them to inform them I would make the payment on Friday. The next morning they send a tow service to pick up my car which at the time was not drivable. They advised me to collect my belongings. I refused and asked for the address they would be taking the car to with the intent of making the payment and towing it to the shop for repair. The driver gave me an address which was later determined to be false. I began calling Lobel to locate my car and make the final payment (no way was I going to pay 15,000 dollars for a car and give it away). Every time I managed to speak to someone after I explained the purpose of the call I was placed on hold and no one ever answered.

Finally on I spoke with some after weeks of attempts who said my car was sold the previous day at an auction. The amount owed was $326. Now more than 8 years later. I've been hit with a two judgments. The first filed 4/26/18 in Los Angeles County resulted in a wage garnishment now today I received a Memorandum of Cost judgment filed in Sacramento Co Court 7/25/18 for "the remaining principal" $1,976.58. They show a total collected; $806.69 for which no credit given. How can they keep obtaining judgments on cases I've not been served on. I have relocated to another state not trying to elude them but if they can find my employer I am sure they can find me hence the notice after the fact.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I wish I would have done some research or looked at this website before giving this company my business. I got a loan for a vehicle for 10,000$. My payment is 350 $ a month, yes I know and it's a KIA. However it has been 29 months and I've made every payment on time which is over 10,000$ I have paid into my vehicle. SOMEHOW MY BALANCE IS CURRENTLY over 6,000 and I have been making payments for 2.5 years. This company is 100% a Scamming and fraudulent company as far as I am concerned and takes advantage of people. Now I must involve a lawyer which will cost more money.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS. GANGSTER company is a complete understatement. It's a CRIMINAL organization and will put you in a economic prison/nightmare. Secret Fineprint with ridiculous interest rates and associates that work for this company are complete and utter 16 year olds who have the IQ less of a ** PENGUIN. BEWARE. STAY AWAY!

Original review: June 5, 2018

Once a vehicle is paid off and the money clears the bank they still hold the title for more than 3 weeks and refuse to issue a lien release. Then it takes additional time once they finally get off their hind ends and release it for the DMV to process and send it to you. This is a ripoff. I have read lots of other customer reviews as well and they are sure in a hurry to repo a vehicle if a payment is late but they refuse to assist someone who has paid off the vehicle as well. Now I have to sit here and wait 1-2 months to sell a vehicle I have paid off because they have piss poor policies and customer service.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I have had nothing but problems from this company! Since day 1. So like most reviews in here, I had a 2005 Infiniti qx56, price on window $12,780. I put $3,500 down, which should have covered the $3,000 for pay off amount. I have never been late, until this time, it was a partial payment, (reg payments were $485) they repossessed when I had just made an agreement to pay the $350 (included late fee) of this month’s payment. That agreement was made on a Friday, to pay the following Friday. They repossessed it 2 days later, but they messed up. I have a voicemail from a supervisor (still saved) that said it was still okay to make that agreement on Monday a voice mail. Smh. Payoff amount was $3,000... so, shouldn't have the $3,500 I put down be the payoff? Even if not, I had an agreement, they broke it. I’m now out of $24,000 I’ve already paid on this car. Now I have nothing to show for it! Thanks Lobel you are real "GANGSTERS".

Oh and don't bother asking for supervisor or manager... there is never one there! And yeah I now have bad credit because of $3,000 that technically I don’t owe. And y’all stole my new $4,000 rims and tires I just paid off and have lifetime warranty on. Y’all had me replace the transmission the first month I bought it, so disappointed in this company. Oh and love being laughed at when I explain my situation, (which was I almost died in Jan. My mom passed in February, I have a chronic medical illness/disease) so y’all are real piece of work! Pos! DO NOT FINANCE THRU THIS COMPANY! YOU WILL GET ROBBED.

Original review: April 6, 2018

My car got towed from work because my tags were behind. I quickly paid the registration and tickets at DMV... While I was getting these things taken care of, Lobel Financial went to the tow yard without letting me know or with a warning repossessed my car. My payments were not in default nor late nor in collections. They charged me for a repo!! How I don't know this has to be illegal... Instead of just the normal fee for being late at DMV...my loan company Lobel Financial added 600.00 more dollars to what I was already paying the initial tow yard. This is robbery. Please help.

Resolution response: April 3, 2018

updating this review just to be fair. I received a phone call from the dealership saying it was resolved and our account was not over due.

Original review: April 2, 2018

This company must be stopped!!! I got a auto loan with Lobel Financial (not knowing how bad the reviews were until after!) - we were approved at a mid/bad rate (it was decent enough at the time)- we get the car and drive off! Three weeks later we received a letter that our auto loan was denied- "wait what???" "We were in the dealership when this was all approved" I even spoke with one of the company's representative 1 week later to verify all the info, we were told when the payments were due... etc.

Fast forward almost 3 months later (after making the first and second payment on time!!!) I even walked the first payment to their office because I read all of their horrible reviews, I mean nightmare reviews... literally!!! I received a call from the dealership a few minutes ago letting me know that the loan company called them and said we were defaulted and never made any payments to this day (2 months from date we first bought the car). This is CRAZY. I have PROOF!!! I have one of their receipts and my canceled checks! Unbelievable!!!

I just sent the info to the dealership, they will be calling them with the proof, I am waiting to see what happens. The loan company has never personally called me... never to say that we are supposedly defaulted..??!! This is a nightmare!!! I am just sick over this, and by reading most of their reviews, just about 100% of the folks are saying the same thing... how is this legal?? I will be following up with this soon!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

My experience with this company is by far the worst. They have horrible customer service, they work only by fax and phone number, I was constantly misinformed about my account and who to reach for help. They never “receive” faxes with important documentation and conveniently without that documentation, my monthly payment is about $200 higher. Their employees are rude and do not provide any sort of assistance or information to their customers. This is a shady establishment and the worst experience I have ever had with a company. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEM.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My husband and I got a car loan with Lobel 12 years ago in 2005. We had the van for about a month. It keep breaking down in that time. It got repossessed one month after we got it. They took us to court in 2005 and got a judgment against us. It is now 2018 12 years later and they are just now trying to garnish our wages after all this time.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Do not get financed through this company. You will get screwed by them and they don't care about anything but making more money off you. My car got stolen and because they said that for any reason my car should get impounded they have the right to repo. Told me if I wanted my car back had to pay a ridiculous amount for a car that the police told me couldn't run. They auctioned off the car and still took me to court to pay them the full amount of the circle. Very heartless company. Couldn't even take consideration that I was a victim of a crime.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I was desperate for a car and went through them as I had no other options at the moment. They force you to get a car under 9k and within a few months when you are on your feet, the loan is too low to refinance outside and they will not lower the 25% interest. They will not work with you at any point and for any reason. They call with lies and threaten to have your car impounded because they did not apply the payments correctly. I am so thankful that I traded in the car and never have to deal with these gangsters again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Unprofessional, unwilling to help and untrustworthy. I contacted the company on behalf of my niece who is a co-signer on the vehicle. Her father had purchased the truck a month ago but has since been unable to make the truck payment. I called to make a payment and to see what options we had to either sell the truck, keep making payments, or surrender it. The whole time the lady kept on insisting on having the truck voluntarily repoed even though I told her we could make the payments. That, since the loan had an exaggerated interest rate (which she stated she was unable to tell me the exact rate over the phone) that we should just take the loss.

I understand that business is business but I work for a bank and have seen people get stuck in a jam before and there are normally options for them. I have never heard of a company that will not explain the details of a loan or insist on having a vehicle repossessed. In regards to the loan. Their interest rates are through the roof, I did not believe that the rates they have even existed still. The truck was purchased for $16k. By the end of the term the total amount paid, interest plus principal will be $32k! Double the original amount on a normal five year loan.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Sending a paid off on a vehicle after 3 months still don't receive the title. The check was cleared from the bank and I call Lobel to follow up on the title. Find out the account still has a remaining balance. They claim they send us a letter which they never did and paid the remaining balance. After 3 weeks I still don't see a title. I call again and title dept. said it under legal dept. transfer to legal dept and transfer to accounting dept. and I asked for lien release to email or mail express the title and they said it will be regular mail and it will be another 21 days before I see the title; hope they can communicate through dept. to at least solve this issue.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Lobel Financial will approve you at the cost of competence - I voluntarily surrendered a financed vehicle a few years back so getting an approval with a prime lender was difficult. However Lobel gave me the green light. I've been in the vehicle now going on four months and every month there's been a headache to deal with regarding Lobel. The first month they increased my payment by $90 as they claimed they didn't receive my insurance declaration page. I called my insurance and they again forwarded the required information and I refused to pay the $90.

Sure enough the next month comes when I get my statement, I again am being charged an extra $90 because they once again claim they never received my declaration page. I talked to a rep and they told me they neglected to update it and the fee would be waived. Welp, here is 4 months in and not only they keep trying to charge me an extra $90 a month but they're calling every day looking to get a past due balance. My payment is due in one day and I still haven't gotten my statement for this month. Incompetent business practices at best, if you're not that desperate I'd advise going with a better loan option.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I want to warn everybody about this ** company. June 2014 I bought a used 2008 VW Jetta. Knowing it was overpriced I needed a car so I got it. September I was having some financial issues so I called them and let them know my payment will be late. We agreed on the date when I was to pay and then catch up in October within the 10 day grace period. They agreed and said that they will put it in their notes. October 6th they repossessed the vehicle. When I called them the next day they acted like they weren't sure what vehicle I was talking about and if I even had an account. They put me on hold for 15 minutes (literally) and I hang and call back several times and several days after the first initial call.

The Rep eventually tells me that her "management team" are working on my file then she asks me why I haven't been at my address and if I can provide proof of residence. I told her I work and I go to school. And that I'm hardly at my home. She continues to ask if where the vehicle was parked was my address. I told her no that I go there a lot after school. She says, "Well we cant give you the vehicle back until you agree that's your address". I told her no. I am not going to tell her false information. I told her about the agreement I had with the rep back in September and she put me on a 10-minute hold again and said there was nothing in the file.

Every time I called I told them the rep before them was suppose to update my file... There has never been anything in the file not once!! They NEVER gave me the information about where my vehicle was so I could pay for the car and the tow/storage fee. In CA the law is 20 day grace period for the buyer to get their vehicle back. They failed to provide me with this information and was never on the line long enough to pay them any money. I spent over 3 years paying for this overpriced car that was a 48 month contract for what? So they can take back illegally and not honor their side of our agreement! The worst company EVER.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I've told these people not to call me during work hours and what do they do. They call over 8 times a day. So of course I'm not going to pick up the phone. They called me one day saying they were picking up my car for a late payment. This ** didn't even read the notes right. They didn't pay attention to the insurance notes. They were saying I missed a payment but it was the insurance proof didnt post on their end for the billing to see. They had me heated because she said I missed my payment. This people need to be put out of business. So rude and unprofessional. No one ever wants to put a manager on the phone. Just leads and that's **. Get it together over there.

Original review: July 29, 2017

My boyfriend was buying a car from a dealership 2 hours away from our residence believing he could get a better deal on a car. I was asked to be one of 6 required references (what happened to the 3 usually required?). My bf put a 12% down payment on the car and even offered to pay more monthly on the payments. He also has full coverage on his cars. We left after hours of being at the dealership, and that was after he chose one of the first cars we saw without wanting to see anymore.

We left on our 2 hour drive home. The following day I received a call from the financier, Lobel, asking me a lot of questions, such as what relationship I had with the buyer, where was the car, who was driving it, and if I would be willing to sign on the contract as well! I said "no" that I wasn't the one buying the car. I thought the questioning was a little overkill and inappropriate. I was just a reference! The following day, the dealership called and said that my bf told the financier that I was his "mistress" and that he was buying the car for me! I was taken aback...

She then said that the financier would only approve the loan if I signed the contract, since I was also driving the car, because when they had asked me who was driving the car, I told them that I was using it to drive to work since my truck was in the shop until Sat, two days later. Basically, they wanted me to take responsibility for a car that was not mine just because I was using it for a couple of days (I also am fully covered on the insurance). I said "Absolutely not!" I can't afford something like that, should it ever come to that. Recently had to take out a loan to pay for medical care that I did not want to do, but had no choice if I wanted to get the surgery done (life threatening).

I called my bf who stated he "never" told them that, and he was livid! The other 5 references were also annoyed by the questioning they also felt was inappropriate. The dealership told me that they would finance the car for him, but he needed to drive all the way back to the dealership to redo a new contract. He only has one day off a week, he could not take a day off to go back. I asked if they could FedEx the contract and he could mail it back. This apparently was not an option. I am glad that I have seen the horrible reviews of this finance company, so that we definitely will not do business with them! We are also rethinking purchasing this car!

Original review: July 29, 2017

This whole week I've been getting calls from Lobel Financial telling me I need to make a payment. I have verified that my bank payment did go through finally. I called them back today. They threatened to come and repossess the car because they have no proof that I have insurance on the car, I clarified that when I bought the car they requested proof of insurance which I gave to them and the dealer, when I submitted my paperwork to finance the car they requested. In May 2 months ago they requested proof of insurance again. I had my insurance company send it to them directly to their insurance department, on Thursday of this week.

I actually printed it out and sent it to them, and today they call me to tell me since they have for space insurance on my account they need 570 dollars today or they will repossess the car today kama. I told her this was a two-way conversation so when I needed to ask a question she needed to stop talking and answer my question just like when she asked me a questions. I stop talking and answer her questions and if she kept interrupting me I was going to hang up. I hung up on her about 3 times. She kept calling me back and every time I had to remind her that this was a two-way conversation so, "When I talk you listen. When you talk I listen." She didn't understand the concept. She's very rude. Definitely doesn't understand customer service, I finally didn't answer the call. Would never do business with them again. Think they should be looked into by the government.

Original review: July 12, 2017

The worst finance company ever. Lawsuit coming soon. I don't even know where to start. Like a lot of people here my car was repossessed. Ok I guess I can only blame myself for that. Now made all the payments to pick up my car just to realize that they took off my license plate broke both of my bumpers, my spoilers and my taillight and changed my key. The place where I picked up said to call Lobel because they're liable for the car. Called and this rude ** was talking to me all she wanted, even put me on hold like 100 times for more than 5 min each and finally told me they can't do nothing for me. Now I have a car I can't drive, no license and broken stuff. I'm going to sue them because that's not right.

Original review: June 27, 2017

This is the most disgusting company I have ever dealt with. I walk outside to found out my car is gone. I have made double payments to get it out of the way and to top it off they financed me a lemon. The car has no reverse. The window is broken on the sides. The frame is messed up on the car and to put the cherry on top the car is only worth 233 dollars from Kelley blue book value and I think it was a slave title. If you have any one in your family that is going to finance a car never go through Lobel because this is the second time they have done this to me. The 1st time was last year. These people are sick like really. May they burn in hell when they die. That's all I can say. I only owe 2,961.00. I am so sick of these people. Am going to have to fight with them to get back a broken piece of car.

Original review: June 20, 2017

We have one year with this finance company and they have always been friendly. We always managed to go to an agreement and they always notify us when we are behind. My father's truck was worth it, I am very content with this company and their services.

Lobel Financial Corporation Company Information