2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.45/5

Lobel Financial Corporation Reviews

Original review: April 2, 2020

I was financed my Mustang through Lobel Financial in March 2018, never missed a payment, always paid more than the minimum and paid off my car in Feb. 2020, they closed my account and it shows on my credit report. I received my title from the DMV at the end of March. I never had a problem with Lobel such as the stories I read. My recommendation is to just make your payment on time, I paid online and tracked all of my payments. The only downfall is the monthly additional $5 charge for making online payments. I guess I’ve been fortunate to deal with good employees when I have any inquiries.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Lobel financed my husband when no one else would. After reading some of the other reviews, I'm shocked we're talking about the same company. There were a few times we were late and/or missed a month entirely and not once were we harassed. Not once did anyone from the company call us about the late/missed payment. I've only had to call the company one time and the customer service guy was super nice and helpful.

Long story short, we've just paid the last payment. Thanks to Lobel (albeit at a way higher interest rate, but that's the price you pay), we were able to rebuild our credit back to 780 and have since financed two more vehicles and a home. I typically don't write reviews but because our experience has been so different, I felt it necessary to share. Otherwise, Lobel has been one of the best companies (AmEX, Chase, Citi, all included) that I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with. I will update this review if we have any difficulty receiving the title as several other reviewers have reported.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I have had my BMW for 1.3 years and I have had only a small issue at the beginning with the insurance. Yes if you do not send in the proper paperwork from your insurance you will get charged with the insurance fee from Lobel. Which I did get fined but was taken off once I sent in the proper paperwork. If a person is on time with payments and responsible with the money they have been entrusted you should not have a problem. All these people are late on payments or they bought a lemon and don't want their car anymore. That has nothing to do with the finance company. Plus they give you 10 day grace period to pay without fees. I mean come on people you have a high-risk loan they will not play around with non-payments.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Hi Guys. Beware of Lobel Financial stealing debit card information i.e data breach. I paid My payment over phone, next day my debit card info was leaked. I talk to lobel customer service and they said they will take an action, they did nothing and called next day ask me to claim from bank. I cancelled my debit card and filed complaint in Wells Fargo bank and I mention the information was leaked from Lobel financial. Lobel is not a right company. Lots of black sheet works and stealing our monies.

Original review: May 3, 2020

Absolutely the worst lending agency in the industry... I sold new cars for Chevrolet for 3 years and never have I encountered such rude, dishonest customer service reps... And when you asked for a supervisor they say there's not one .... I would not recommend Lobel to any of my car clients...I'll be posting to BirdEye, BBB, Facebook, Instagram, every day until this matter is resolved..!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lobel Financial Corporation?

Original review: April 15, 2020

I recently purchased a vehicle and had a choice of finance company. But should have done my research first because not only are they rude but they charge you a fee to make payments no matter how you pay.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

My first mistake was signing for a car for an ex who ended up not paying a dime for the car. The initial price of the car was 12,000. My bill is now 22,000. They won’t drop the interest that has accrued. I set up a payment plan and the total price of the car keeps increasing. The staff is not helpful, arrogant and downright mean. The car is worth less than $5,000 but now I am stuck paying the price of a brand new car.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I have this company auto loan account. First time make new credit card first time buy car. The car dealership company directly sign up this company because that time my credit report is not good. Every month I pay my payment but sometimes I forget Lobel Financial customer center send me email or message to remind my payment. But this time my payment is one month late me to forget lobel payment. Even customer service too didn’t text me message. Lobel financial app remind section too not work. Then today my credit info come to email. Reason is lobel financial reported me.

Then I call lobel office like 20 time just connect account number name then the guys transfer each other. Every single transfer guy ask me account number name. I’m so upset then last person ask me same question. I answered. Say to him my situation but he just say, "This is your fault." But I said, "Correct. It’s my fault but why are you didn’t report me before report in credit..!?" They said, "look your contact." This one is lobel financial real face. They never think about customer. The all customer service guys doesnt know work. More important one is I'm this company client. So if company something big issue and change..! The company need a I from Customer right..!? Or my understanding is wrong..!? Last word: This company is so worse even rate is so high 9000$ loan 48 month monthly payment 360$.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I had no issues for three full years with my payments. I have finally reached the month to make my last payment and IRONICALLY they are having issues receiving my payment. The entire staff was unprofessional and I was even hung up on two times. I have made my final payment and after reading all the reviews which I wish I did before purchasing the vehicle, I honestly feel they are trying to create a reason to make more money off of me. Just close my account and send me the title PLEASE.

My husband and I have receive phone calls everyday stating our acct that has been fully paid off is past due. Not to mention when we made the final payment, the representative got all of my bank info wrong three times, and a supervisor forced me to pay extra money and send the final payment through Western Union that is magically lost. I called WU and they informed me the company as already received the payment. I also called my bank, WU have already drafted the money from my bank acct. I have never had any problems until now. This is the worse experience I have ever had and will NEVER use LOBEL AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I am filing chapter 7 bankruptcy and have kept up to date on my loan with them. I mail in my payments thru snail mail and simply called in to inquire if they have received my payment. As soon as the legal dept rep answered the phone, her attitude was TERRIBLE before I even said anything! I asked if my payment was received. She said NO and hung up on me! Mind you, I have been keeping up with my payments and to hang up on a customer...bankrupt or not is TOTALLY unacceptable.

Lobel Financial Corporation Company Information