1.40/5

Looking for a loan company?

Lobel Financial Corporation

Looking for a loan company?

Lobel Financial Corporation Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I am filing chapter 7 bankruptcy and have kept up to date on my loan with them. I mail in my payments thru snail mail and simply called in to inquire if they have received my payment. As soon as the legal dept rep answered the phone, her attitude was TERRIBLE before I even said anything! I asked if my payment was received. She said NO and hung up on me! Mind you, I have been keeping up with my payments and to hang up on a customer...bankrupt or not is TOTALLY unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I purchased my first car in Nov. 2018. Lobel was the financing company. My first payment was Due Dec 10th. I made the payment late on Dec 23rd. I received my statement for Jan on Dec 28th stating they received my payment and my next payment was due Jan 10, 2019. Other than that statement I received nothing further saying there was any issues. On Jan 3 I went outside to go to my car to Drive to work and it was gone. I find out it has been repoed. I was completely confused. I called Lobel and tried to find out what was going on, they told me I needed to speak to a specialist but none were available and they would call back by the end of the day. I heard nothing. I called again. Still no answers. This went on for a week before I got to speak to the specialist.

They said my payment was returned. And they called me several times to resolve the issue. I had zero calls from them. My bank says the payment was never even taken out. Regardless of that I wanted to know what it would take to get my car back. They told me I had to pay the full balance which was more than $20k. I just put $6000 down a little over a month ago and that took me a long time to save. I also paid $868 to get insurance started. That's deposit and premium payment. Which is a complete waste. I didn't even have it for more than a month. I told them there's no way I can do that and I want to speak to someone about this.

For weeks I called and tried to speak to a supervisor or anyone to resolve this and I was hung up on after hours of waiting, laughed at and literally not listened to. It was like speaking to a machine. After this happened I saw they have done this to so many people. My payment even if I didn't make it was not even 30 days past due and they took my car. The repo company who took my car would not let me get my tools for work, my work I.D., daughter's car seat, stroller or gun out without paying $150 plus $15 every day after to get the items out. I feel robbed and can't believe this is even illegal. Something needs to be done about what they are allowed to do to people.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I have had my BMW for 1.3 years and I have had only a small issue at the beginning with the insurance. Yes if you do not send in the proper paperwork from your insurance you will get charged with the insurance fee from Lobel. Which I did get fined but was taken off once I sent in the proper paperwork. If a person is on time with payments and responsible with the money they have been entrusted you should not have a problem. All these people are late on payments or they bought a lemon and don't want their car anymore. That has nothing to do with the finance company. Plus they give you 10 day grace period to pay without fees. I mean come on people you have a high-risk loan they will not play around with non-payments.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I purchased a car financed by Lobel Financial in 2018. I made all of my payments even late payments that kept account current. Lobel took two payments in one month one day after each other from my bank account in August 2018 then stated I did not make the next months payment. I request a payment due date change to Lobel six (6) different times in one year which they agreed to the change with a letter dated January 2019, since refuse to honor the agreement. They claimed I was 40 days behind on payment repossessed my car Monday night 6/17/2019 after Lobel made a phone call to Phantom Towing. After the call in less than one-half hour my car was repossessed.

Spoke to Lobel in a lengthy phone conversation going over a complete statement all of my payments made proving I am current, plus the dates they claimed I was behind were false by not honoring the new due date agreement for my monthly statement. Lobel will not honor that I am current on all of my payment. Because of the fraud, corruption and deceit in their business practice, Lobel Financial has taken my car. I want my car back and for Lobel to update and correct the deficiencies that I and Lobel pointed out in billings on 6/18/2019 which they refuse to honor.

Lobel has a negative demeanor to customers across the nation. In 2018, Lobel harassed me for six (6) months regarding claiming I did not have car insurance even proving to them that I had insurance with the purchase of the car which transferred over from the previous car coverage. I had to get the insurance legal department to force Lobel to deal with the issue. All of my payments I have proven to Lobel and the staff time and time again since February 2018 to current June 19, 2019, of payments and not being behind enough to repossess my car. Yet, all I get is excuses with no resolution. Lobel employees do not follow up, can't get supervisors when requesting one as all Lobel employees are supervisor's. Engage in false debt harassment.

I have not received any notice or mail from Lobel since January 2019 only receiving threatening phone call daily including Saturdays and Sundays, even phone calls Lobel hangs up. I've been told by Lobel staff all faxes take five (5) to seven (7) business days for review. They don't read case notes or follow up on disputes when the evidence of payment I made is clearly not in their favor. I have saved all information including the confirmation of payments made to Lobel. I want my car back as soon as possible.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Currently in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy with Lobel being a listed Debtor. I was involved in a Hit and Run accident on 5/2. Insurance paid claim on 5/16 and made the check out to Lobel and myself. Car repairs completed 5/31. Took check into local branch along with the proper documentation that the car repairs were completed. Lobel applies the Insurance check to the account as a payment. I did not endorse the check or give permission for Lobel to apply the check to my account. The check has to have both signatures to be checked. They are stating it was a mistake however California Branch is blaming Texas Branch and so on.

Insurance company could not do a stop payment because they are showing the check has been cashed. Car has been repaired and is still at the repair shop adding more storage fees as the days continue, not to mention me paying out of pocket for a rental. This company as a whole does not take accountability. I have filed a complaint with the FTC, the Bankruptcy Trustee, and will be seeking another attorney apart from my Bankruptcy counsel to file a civil lawsuit. Why they would pocket $2,400 meant to repair the vehicle I have not a clue, but I will spend whatever money I have to make sure this company is shut down.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lobel Financial Corporation?

Original review: May 13, 2019

Never do business with them again. I cannot wait to refinance my car. They have been nothing but hell. I have been up to date on payments but yet they call me every day saying a payment is late and I’m not due till 18th of each month. They keep saying they haven’t got my insurance information... for 3 months now and I have insurance. They keep harassing and calling, adding on fees and adding on things that don’t make any sense at all. I cannot wait to switch someone else. I hate libel and wouldn’t recommend their service at all to anybody. They are scammers for sure.

Original review: March 27, 2019

No good Lobel Financial is garbage. Never ever go back to that waste of money Lobel Financial. My advice to the people thinking of going to Lobel Financial go anywhere else but there. They took my car. Never missed a payment. My last payment of 100 dollars 2 weeks late. They rats took my car. Couldn't get it back because they sold car and said I still owe money. ** Stoopid lop ** rats. So yeah NO GOOD. LOBEL FINANCIAL IS NEVER GOOD. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. NEVER EVER.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I am tired of sending them proof of my insurance. Has been 3 months now, I gave my info by phone hundreds of times, I emailed them and they will never update my monthly payment. They still want to charge me $100 extra every month. Scammers and worthless.

Original review: March 9, 2019

True scam artist. They will squeeze anything out of you that they can. Illegally repossessed my car then illegally auctioned it off. Now they are avoiding me while trying to stick me with a bill. I'm highly dissatisfied.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Recently I went to pay off my mom's car for her after her husband passed. I called Lobel and they told me I had from Feb 13th to the 15th to pay and it would be $2235. On the 14th I call in to pay, they refuse to let me pay off the entire balance. Saying I have to send in a request in writing and have it mailed them ACROSS COUNTRY by 3 pm PST and the pay off is now $2240 and they Won't take a payment over the phone. I can pay online but only $2,000 and today I call to confirm the remaining amount to pay it off since the price changes daily and what should have been $240 is now $382!!! WHAT THE HELL TYPE OF SCAM ARE THEY GETTING AWAY WITH!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Lobel Financial Corporation Company Information