3.4/5 (49 ratings)

Find Identity Theft Protection near you

About IdentityIQ

IdentityIQ services feature membership-based identity theft and credit protection. For a monthly fee, the company offers credit reporting and score delivery, credit monitoring, dark web monitoring, identity theft insurance and identity theft protection and restoration.

Find Identity Theft Protection near you

Pros

• Dark web monitoring
    • SSN tracking
    • Affordable plans

Cons

• Basic plans are limited

Bottom Line

IdentityIQ services offer credit monitoring and identity theft protection for a monthly fee. Customers receive up to $1 million in identity theft insurance coverage underwritten by AIG.

IdentityIQ Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IdentityIQ?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

While the service Identity IQ is likely legit, my bank provides these services for free. So, I called almost a year ago to cancel my subscription before I went through a long medical issue. Now that I am able to look at my bank statements, I found that my subscription was never cancelled and I have been charged $29.99 month for all of these months...that is about $300.00. They claim they do not have a record of my call to cancel, yet I made the call with my financial advisor sitting with me. They are willing to reverse the last charge of $29.99 made 10 days ago, but that is it. Isn't it ironic that a credit monitoring service is one that has taken my money??

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I used this service for what I thought was a one time fee so I could apply for a loan for a 1 dollar charge. Unbeknownst to me they automatically signed me up for a reoccurring charge of 34.99 a month which you can't cancel without calling them. I was unaware of this and no it put my account in to the red for the month. Seems like a sneaky way of doing business to me. I would not have done this had it been clear they were going to take money automatically and make it so difficult to cancel. Not happy with this company at all.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

My brother's bank account was hacked into by a hacker that was making charges via IdentityIQ. When I initially called, I was transferred to an upper management woman who took all the information and it was eventually taken care of. But during the process I tried called the woman who I initially talked to and was never called back. I had to be in contact with my brother's bank to resolve this issue because he is disabled.

The last time I spoke with this company they had the nerve to try to get me to sign up for their services after IdentityIQ failed to even prevent their own company, which is supposed to prevent you from this type of fraud, to get hacked. I apologize in advance if I used any incorrect technical terms when referring to identity and fraud protection. I just concerned about when people are paying this company for identity and fraud protection etc. that this company was hacked themselves and at a cost of many hours of myself making sure it was resolved and not even a followup call from their fraud department even explaining what happened. So I recommend anyone using this service to be aware and check that you weren't hacked and charged for services that you didn't ask for.

One final note, my brother never had an account with IdentityIQ and somehow they were able to get to his bank account while using Identity IQ as a way to access his bank account. So buyer beware and if ConsumerAffairs.com would like to contact me for additional information, I welcome them to contact me. So buyers beware.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I love all of the information available through this service. I am able to monitor my credit score and make better financial choices based on the information available to me. I really love this service.

Original review: July 29, 2021

This was the best investment that I have made when it comes to fixing my credit. It allows me to check all of My credit report and credit scores and it even helps me know what I need to do to improve my credit.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I have never joined or asked about joining IdentityIQ. Yet I received an email asking for credit card info for billing. No link to unsubscribe from the email list. My only option was to click a link to their web site. Not going to happen. Very suspicious.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Every experience with IdentityIQ representatives has been pleasant. They're very helpful. Having the service keeps us up-to-date in current information about things that are going on. If something does happen, they know quickly and can catch it. So, it keeps us from having to do all the after-effects work when something does happen. The service puts our mind at ease about identity theft.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review! We're glad IdentityIQ services has put your mind at ease with identity theft protection.

Original review: April 22, 2021

IdentityIQ disclosed everything and made sure everything was secured and confidential. So you don't have to worry about anything happening to your information. I had a little difficulty trying to understand it. But once I got the hang of it, as far as learning what everything meant and how to use it, it was piece of cake. The initial contact I had was very helpful, as far as making it easy to understand, how everything is read, and how credit is looked at.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review and for choosing IdentityIQ services! We're glad you've found it useful and educational!

Original review: April 15, 2021

IdentityIQ's website has been easy to figure out.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I have Credit Karma, Experian, and all the other ones. They all gave me different results. I wanted to see exactly what my credit was so I used IdentityIQ instead. It is more direct. The results are pretty much right there where the other ones, you have to actually look for it and figure out exactly where the hard inquiries are.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing IdentityIQ services! We're happy you're able to utilize our easy-to-read report!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

IdentityIQ is more than just having your identity monitored, but it gives you discounts for places to go or free things. Their reps were nice talking people, and very considering of lowering the bill payments for that saving thing, but I just learned there are other places that does the same thing for free.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review! We appreciate you choosing our services for your identity theft and credit report monitoring needs. Along with credit report monitoring, we monitor your identity for suspicious activity on the internet, dark web and even international criminal databases. This is provided along with identity theft insurance and restoration.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

IdentityIQ did a good job. The customer service was nice, while the website was simple. Everything was laid out. However, I didn't stay with them for too long. My bank protects my money and identity very well.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you trying IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I was impressed that when it opened up, it gave your credit score from all three credit bureaus. But they could make their system computer-friendly so that it would be obvious to even an idiot like me that when you click on this area, it will take you to where it says. They should have a tutorial that introduces you to their system. Also, they are kind of pricey.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing IdentityIQ for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs. We also appreciate your feedback on our dashboard.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I'm trying to manage my credit heavily and I don't want anybody using my credit, using my name or trying to get anything in my name. I get alerts from IdentityIQ, but I don't know how I got with it. Whenever you file your credit report for the year, it sends you over to those types of things and you have so many days to cancel. What happened is I didn't cancel, so it billed me without me even knowing it.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review. We've sent you a message for assistance with your account.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Signing up with them wasn't difficult. But trying to cancel has been difficult and I couldn’t make it out online. I don’t need to be charged every month.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you choosing IdentityIQ services and encourage you to call our customer service team if you need assistance.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I just set this up for the credit score to make sure that it would never be compromised or I would be notified immediately if there's anything going on. I have not been able to utilize it yet but I'm satisfied so far.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review and for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity monitoring! We are happy you are satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

The rep I worked with was decent. However, they could have a little more communication.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing IdentityIQ for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs! We're happy you had a good experience with our 100% U.S.-based customer service team.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

It was simple and easy to get signed up with the service of IdentityIQ. It was online and I did it myself. I go into it every now and then. It alerts me if there are any changes. Everything’s on the dot with IdentityIQ.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for your review and for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs! We are here to help inform and protect you!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

We needed to look up my credit history. IdentityIQ was recommended to me with the credit repair person. IdentityIQ has been good. Right now, we're disputing some stuff that's on my credit and we are waiting to see what happens with the disputes. I've only had the service for less than a month.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report monitoring! We appreciate your review.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I have someone working on my credit and she told me that IdentityIQ is the best to go through. I signed up then the team called me. They were pretty good. The website was great as well.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the rave review and for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report monitoring needs!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I needed an identity theft protection service for a casino background check to work as a manager at a casino. We all had to do it with my team and there were no issues. It was streamlined for everybody. IdentityIQ's website was self-sufficient.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for your review! We're happy you found our process streamlined and appreciate you using IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Everything has been going good. Setting up the account online when I initially started was easy to do.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

The experience is very good. The website is very easy to navigate through. IdentityIQ gives me alerts every time someone’s running my credit. And they do it right on time. I like them because of that and it makes it very hard for anybody to do any type of search on me.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review and for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs! We're happy that you find our site easy to navigate!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

My purse was stolen. It had my ID and all my cards in it. I googled something for protection and IdentityIQ was the first one that popped up. I like it thus far. I'm satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

It’s very useful to use. They protect everything I had. I was so happy with them. I would recommend their service to use. It doesn’t matter how money you spend. It worth every penny. I was very happy with them.

IdentityIQ response

Michael, thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy you choose IdentityIQ services for your credit report monitoring and identity theft protection needs.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Credit RX required me to enroll in an identity theft protection service as a way for them to track the progress of the work that they do for me. Credit RX referred me to IdentityIQ. I used them sometime last year. Once Credit RX was pretty much done with the services, I cancelled IdentityIQ. But something was up again with my credit so I hired Credit RX to clear it up. I had to be enrolled in IdentityIQ again.

I go on the IdentityIQ website periodically to see if things are matching up and see how often they report new information regarding balance reduced that goes on with my credit. I see if everything is correct. I have experience as well and I have scores. I'm on a few different credit trackers. Compared to IdentityIQ, I feel like I get more frequent checks with other credit monitoring entities. IdentityIQ takes a little longer to update my file.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for your review and for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity theft protection needs. The frequency of your credit report and scores depends on your plan selection. We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to call our Customer Support Team with any questions.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

An acquaintance requested that I signup with this Online service. This Company is a SCAM.??? Do NOT do business with this FRAUDULENT business.??? Do NOT trust the REVIEWS on this Website. The Company is paying for good reviews.??? AVOID this Company at ANY cost! Do NOT do business with them, you will REGRET! FACT!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

This service is absolutely awesome! I've had my identity stolen twice. This company lets me know every time my credit is ran for any reason! Of course, if my identity was stolen again, they will pay for it! The people that work there have always been very curious. I've never had a bad experience. If you're looking for some protection go with them, they're the best in my opinion!

IdentityIQ response

Michele, thank you for your awesome review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to have you covered when it comes to identity theft protection!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

They notify me when there is any movement on my credit score. They are very responsive to my requests. They are very thorough. Fortunately, I have not needed them for any major issue. I recommend them highly.

IdentityIQ response

Sherry, thank you for your review! We're happy you're happy and appreciate you choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report monitoring and identity theft protection needs.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I was looking for a company that would be able to tell me my credit report monthly. A friend of mine who helps fix credit told me about IdentityIQ. Their website was very easy to navigate.

IdentityIQ response

Hello Luis! Thank you for the review and for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report monitoring and identity theft protection needs! We are glad you find our website very easy to navigate.

IdentityIQ Company Information