1.04/5

788 Fifth Third Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

On Friday, April 20 my husband put $200 in the ATM to cover our car insurance payment. (Monroe, NC Branch) We found out, when we received a letter from Geico, that the payment was declined & the money never posted to the account! My husband has contacted the bank multiple times and was told by the same lady that he would be getting a return phone call as soon as she spoke with the company that services the ATM... It has been more than 5 MONTHS! NO PHONE CALL! NO REFUND! They DO NOT care! We lost $200 AND, we still had to pay that payment, AGAIN, out of our own pocket! UNACCEPTABLE Customer Service! The Online Banking has NEVER worked, NOT ONCE! Automated system can never authenticate the account when you call so you can't check your balance and it blocks your card when you enter the correct information! Very Inconvenient!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I paid my rent thru 5/3rd online payment system. The evening of the 5th, our landlord said he never got my payment. I called 5/3rd customer service at 7 AM the next morning. They pulled up the payment they sent just days before and put a stop payment on it. Charging me $33.00 fee. Called Landlord and processed an instant payment thru PayPal. Then this morning, the payment showed it was processed on the 5/3rd website. Now, the check was processed (even though I stopped payment on it) as well as the PayPal payment. Customer Service put a stop payment on the wrong check number. WOW... I live check to check and a double rent check does not fit into our budget. No wonder why their customer service recently received a very low score. After over 30 years with Fifth Third, I think it's time to find another bank that pays a little closer attention to details.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Canton Michigan branch manager has been very disrespectful to my husband, talked down to him like he was trash not willing to help fix an issue with a check that was deposited into the atm, cleared then taken back out a day later. There are many other bad reviews on her, seems she needs to be reviewed. I get a complaint at my job I get wrote up. She's giving the company a terrible name! The atm has also not giving me a 300$ withdraw. After contacting customer service, being called a liar, over 2 months of fighting I finally got my money! I can't trust my money with this company any longer, I'm not wealthy enough to keep having them take it all the time!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Our mortgage was held by different banks over the years but has been recently sold to the Fifth Third Bank. It's the WORST!!! With other banks, I would be able to set up an automatic electronic payment of my monthly mortgage amount from my bank account. Not with this one - they only allow electronic payments if you open a checking account with them. Who does this? So every month, I have to send an envelope with a check, and sometimes, the person opening these envelopes does not get to open mine on time, and I get assessed a late fee (and I always send my payment at least 5 days before the due date!). I think it's a scam that allows them to make extra money by claiming that the payment was late.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Fifth Third Bank does not honor contract dates. This bank should maybe process cheese because they do not know how to properly process a mortgage application. They caused me to miss my closing date because the processor called off sick for 3 days!!! This bank is clueless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fifth Third Bank?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Fifth Third is unwilling to work with their customers when it comes to overdraft fees, even after you notice a negative balance and rectified it immediately. Fifth Third refused to remove this fee. Don't bank with 53!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

OK, so here was my first encounter with Fifth Third Bank; I purchase a vehicle from my mechanic (great guy, honest, stand up fellow). Anyways, this vehicle has a title issued years ago with a lien on it, no big deal, call the bank it's drawn on and ask for a release (did it for another vehicle we had sold this summer ourselves, with another more reputable institution). Here is where the circus begins, I am transferred not once, but twice, after being left on hold for an ungodly amount of time (I remain kind and patient with the representatives however, they're only human). I am transferred a third time to an outside 3rd party. Odd, I think, why would this be? They can't help me out? Why? It is a simple and easy request.

I am now uneasy and leery of what is going to happen next. I am again forced through a phone tree that doesn't accommodate much and then am left waiting for more than 5 minutes for this company called "MyTitleSearch". After taking some info from me about the car, about myself, they want to charge me $30USD for a lien release which should be free. I pay the fee because I am not about to transfer someone's lien into my name. Pity this bank hires a third party to scavenge off of people to get monies for a service that most reputable banks provide for free.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

If you bank with Fifth Third Bank, You should expect to have money STOLEN from your accounts. 148.00 overdraft fees because THEY wouldn't credit a "Pending" (they called it) within minutes AFTER they nailed me for all of my automatic payments. Called and Sarah was about as unprofessional and rude as could be and REFUSED to allow me to speak with a supervisor. I have had accounts with them for 33 years. WTH??? If you look on their reviews it appears their customer service has been declining. Yelp should have a minus on their stars. I will be moving my accounts.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

5/3 has charged me a $5 "dormant fee" on my "Totally Free Business Checking", which is ironic and an oxymoron. To reactivate I have to stop by a branch and make a deposit! So, do we think my money isn't earning 5/3 interest, and don't we call dormant money savings w/interest! The only reason for the account was it provided a MasterCard, my primary bank Charles Schwab pays me for banking with them and provides a Visa debt card, which doesn't work with some car rental companies. So in Boston had to rent a car and my MasterCard is declined! BIG PICTURE, if anyone leaves money in a 5/3 bank account, and forgets about it, or isn't actively using it, 5/3 will steal your money for themselves!

Original review: July 22, 2018

After trying to recover my username I was transferred around for about an hour, they then told me to enter my SS# as a temporary username. That did not work. I called back and told them it was not working. They told me to call back another day. Customer service is awful.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I transferred money from one of my Fifth Third accounts into another one on 7/9/18. I didn't realize at the time that the bank had closed the account I transferred the money to. A few days later I went in to look at my accounts and saw it had been closed, but the transfer was still pending. I waited a couple more days and figured the money would be put back into the originating account, but it was not.

I called Fifth Third on 7/13/18 and they started the process (or so I thought) to get the funds back. I was told it would take 1-2 business days. I checked my account on 7/15/18, but the funds were not there. I called again and was told that they had to do some investigating to see where the funds were... so they lost my money??? No one could give me any answers as to where or how long it would take the get the money back. In the mean time, bills I wanted to pay using this money were not paid and I was accruing late fees, late fees that, of course, Fifth Third would not reimburse me for.

I was told it would take another few days and that they would call me back to give me the status. Of course, no one called me back so I called back yet again. This time I spoke with a guy named Drey who insulted me by saying that it was not that big of a deal and it wasn't that much money. Maybe not to him because it wasn't HIS money. How dare he say that!!! I spoke with another supervisor by the name of Vivacia who told me she had to do more research because there was no update in their system. I was told again it would take a couple more days and she would get back to me. She did call me on 7/20/18, but just left a message to call me back and did not give me any status.

As of 7/20/18, no money back in my account. I called her back and left her a message, but she never called me back. I called again on 7/21/18 and again was told that there was no update and that they were sorry it was taking this long, but still no money back in my account. This time I was told that the original request was done incorrectly!! It takes 30 second to do a transfer, but it takes 12+ days to get your money back. They don't care that I need this money to pay bills! It is pretty said that a banking institution cannot find my money in their system. I have lost all faith in them and as soon as I get my money back, I will be withdrawing all my funds and finding a more reputable bank to trust my money with! DO NOT USE Fifth Third!!

Original review: July 17, 2018

Horrible, Horrible bank. They repoed my car because there was "no proof" of insurance. Once I submitted all the paperwork to them showing that my car had in fact been insured the whole time they still demanded me to pay $2,124.00 to them to have my car released. $395 for the towing, and all the rest in fees, stating they had added on an extra $200.00 each month for their own insurance since they were unaware that I had insurance for those months. I sent the $2,000.00 payment, called the towing place to pick my car and was told by the tow company not the bank, that they had received the instructions to send my vehicle to an auction. AFTER I HAD ALREADY PAID THE 2,000.00 DOLLARS. Completely unethical. I will tell any and everybody that I can about the service I received from this company. BY FAR THE WORST BANK I HAVE EVER DONE BUSINESS WITH!!!

Original review: July 10, 2018

Since May 11, 2018, I have done nothing but argue with 5/3 Bank over unauthorized charges and overdraft fees. I was told by the Dispute Dept., that since I was a valued customer, a temporary credit would be issued to my account in 2-4 business days. I called 2 days later to find out the status and was told my dispute was denied. I was told I had to fax a letter to reopen the dispute and explain why. I went to Office Depot and faxed the letter then called to confirm they received it and was told it would take an additional 30 days for a decision to be made. First, I was told after 2 weeks it was denied, then 2 days later a decision had not been made. In the middle of this, they cancelled the original card and reissued a new one. I activated it and the next morning, I received a text from the Fraud Dept., stating there was a fraudulent charge on my card.

I called them and once again they cancelled my card and said they would order a new one. In the meantime I was told to go to the local branch and get a temporary card, which I did, the problem being no one explained that it was a prepaid card. Angry was an understatement. During this whole process, I kept receiving overdraft charges and the monies that were direct deposited were applied to all these charges, so my account has been at a negative balance for 2 months now and they have taken over $2,000.00 in charges. I did not have money to fill my daily medications I needed or to pay my bills. When I was told two weeks ago it was denied again, I was told to go back to the place of business and get my money back from them. I called the business and they told me it was the bank's responsibility.

After several calls, the business had gone back and checked their cameras and wrote a letter stating that there were, no checks, credit card or debit card transactions for the day in question. I also had a letter from my doctor showing that May 11, was my first day back to work. I faxed this to 5/3 in the hopes that this would finally be resolved, but they denied it again. I went to another bank to open a new account and was told I could not get a Checking Account due to the fact that Chex Systems and Early Warnings had been informed of all the overdraft charges, so.it would be 1 year before I could get a Checking account. I have also been reported to the credit bureaus for late payments since there was no money in my account to pay my bills. Everyone you speak to at 5/3 Bank has a script that they read from verbatim.

Ask for a manager you are put on hold for a period of time and you maybe talk to a manager or simply be disconnected. I was working on getting my credit score to improve during this time, so all that has been in vain. Do not do business with this bank. They will lie to you over and over again, make you jump through hoops and still deny your dispute, even though you have proof. Their Dispute Dept., sits at their desks and does absolutely nothing to help. You have to do all the work. I am hoping this week to finally close this account as my direct deposit will be there tomorrow and it will be at a positive balance.

Updated on 07/24/2018: Today, July 24, 2018, I sent an email to the office of the President of Fifth Third Bank. I asked if they could review my account one more time as I was looking for the unauthorized charges and 1/2 of the overdraft fees returned. I received a call from the Assistant to the President and was first told they do not respond to emails. Secondly, their decision stood as they will not reimburse the unauthorized charges and were not able to refund me anything on the fees. So now I am moving forward with the local news and their investigative team.

In speaking to a former manager from 5/3 Bank, they had parted ways as they were asked to do things they were not comfortable with. For me it comes down to this, how unethical is 5/3 Bank? I had posted on 5/3's Facebook page that the CEO and Executive Officers should be charged with fraud and given jail sentences.

Needless to say my post was taken down immediately after being posted. It bothers me that they have done this to me, yet there are people out there worse off than myself that are treated this way, and to me that's outrageous.

5/3 and MB Financial are merging. I wonder if the customers at MB Financial have a clue as to what's in store for them with their bank now. I will update when I see where the next leg of my journey takes me with 5/3 Bank. There are 779 complaints/comments on this website. Why is it the FDIC/FTC someone in authority is not investigating them? Please warn your family and friends not to bank with 5/3, so they don't end up in the same situation!

Original review: June 28, 2018

A customer traded her $18,000.00 car for another car from my dealership on June 6th 2018. Her trade in had a lien with Fifth Third Bank. She paid off her loan before the end of May. She contacted the Loan Dept of Fifth Third and they told her that the process will take ten days for the title of her vehicle to be released. She called them back after 2 weeks, they told her that there was a system error and that it will still take another 10 days for the title to be released. Around June 18th, she called them again, they told her that there was a system error and her account was paid off completely by June 11th. But for some unknown reason, the process hasn't started yet and that it will take another ten days for the title to be released.

Today, June 28th, 2018, she got in touch with them again and they told her that there was still a system error, and the process will take another 10 days. While I was on a 3 way calling with the customer and a customer service agent from the loan department, I was told that I can't even get a fax explaining the situation before 2 business days. I asked to speak to her manager from the Title Department. The agent simply hung up.

I called them up again. I was transferred from one department to another and while I was explaining the situation for the second time during this call to a person by the name of Derick. He hangs up on me. It is really putting my business in a very tough situation when this much money is held and we don't have access to it. Businesses live on cash flow and this is making it very tough since I can't sell the car where at least 6 customers came in wanting to buy the car nor could I borrow the money from the lending company to have this needed cash flow. This is the worst bank and the worst customer service. I spoke to two different customer service agents and both hung the phone on me. I need help to have the title in the next 3 to 4 days. And I will sue them for their negligence. They might put me out of business if this doesn't get resolved right away.

Original review: June 26, 2018

So after $637.58 in daily overdraft fees on a secondary account I have on my business, I noticed that Fifth Third covered a $12.99 automatic debit from that account, that should not have been paid, as I do not have overdraft protection nor do I keep money in this account. I basically keep this account open as a backup in case Wells Fargo decides to play games with me again.

Anyways, Fifth Third is the worst. My experience is the same as others on here. I don't know about other cities and states, but in North Carolina, they only have one banker in each branch, about 4-5 people waiting to speak to this banker, and then the banker has absolutely no authority over the computer system. Then their customer service is 9-5 central time Monday thru Friday, so if you work at that time, good luck getting hold of someone on your lunch break. The absolute worst bank in the country. Their slogan a Fifth Third better means they'll charge you 166% interest from my experience. The monthly fee is different every month, no fee schedule on your online banking, and then an hour to wait for a banker to see it. Stay Away!

Original review: June 25, 2018

This bank purchased my loan. So I did not choose to do business with them nor do I have any choice whatsoever. Very sad indeed as their website and supposed phone support is practically useless. After my horrible experience, I would advise that no one banks with this company if they can help it. Their phone service and prompts are redundant and useless. I had to call them 4 times and be placed on hold over 30 minutes each time and eventually disconnected each time. The 5th call - I actually got a person who simply told me they would mail me a form. Are you kidding me? If it is a form that I have to fill out and then mail in, why not make that blank form downloadable and printable online? Why make a customer wait on hold 4 times for 30 minutes to simply get a form???

Original review: June 23, 2018

This bank has been charging me overdrafts and returning my checks with the money in the bank. They shut down my checking account, while turning my savings account into a checking account. March I was overdrawn by over 1000 dollars and I have my tax check and paychecks deposited into my account. They shut down my account in April without notification and then 2 weeks later I got a letter from a creditor... I have had direct deposit, and checking accounts with these people for years. I have had to shut the accounts down 2 times due to my account being compromised... I finally went to Wells Fargo and they were horrible. So, I tried to chose between the lesser of 2 evils. Fifth Third owes me money... And are trying to send me to the creditors. What legal help can I get.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have opened an account with 53 Bank. Initially they told me to give $200 as bonus once an account is opened and deposited $500 for period of 60 days. I have kept my money $500 for more than 60 days but the bonus was not credited though then I decided to ask the customer service. They are saying now the policy has been changed it has to be maintained for 90 days. This is a kind of cheating by 53 Bank to attract the customer. They advertise some fancy policy initially and later they cheat the customers. I kind of hurt with the kind of policy that they have. I request any new customer please don't open an account with 53 Bank. They are cheaters!!

Original review: June 5, 2018

I received three calls a day every day from this bank. I am 20 days past due on my car payment. How are three calls a day considered respectable or reasonable? Even if I stay on the phone with them for an hour and explain my situation, I get a call back the same day, every time. It is harassment and it has to be illegal. The trashy institution, avoid at all cost.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Although people who work there are usually nice, there are 3 MAJOR ISSUES that I experienced: 1) Very low mobile check deposit limit: $2500. 2) They CHARGE BACK mobile deposit checks for SPELLING OF PAYEE!! (ridiculous). 3) There is NO WIRE by phone or fax and it takes TWO DAYS - TWO TRIPS to branch to even authorize a wire if they do NOT have enough managers to approve the first time. The banker felt so bad for me after 25 calls I had to make to just wire the funds... he actually made a trip to meet me to resign the wire. 4) Bill pay is ridiculous. It's been 30 days since I sent my mortgage check and it's nowhere to be found! I requested a trace 20 days ago - they asked me for endless information - such as payee details etc - I provided it all - and they just never resolved the issue REFUSING TO express a replacement or to WIRE the funds. BANK FROM HELL for sure.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Fifth Third sent our mortgage bill to robo call collections for an entire weekend (3+ calls a day) following the Friday they received the payment as was stamped on the canceled check.

Original review: May 24, 2018

In January 2018 my account had a hold placed on it by the bank for questionable activity. When I contacted the bank they had questions about 3 debits made in Chicago Illinois. They immediately removed 2 of the charges and opened a dispute for the $400 that was made at a 123 Wireless. I received a letter in April 2018 stating that the dispute was denied because the card used in the purchases had a chip which prevented any possibility of fraud. I then had the case reopened because the debit card I had at that time did not have a chip in it. I didn’t receive a card with a chip until I received the replacement for the card that was closed for the fraudulent activity. I faxed a letter with the request and the evidence provided.

I received another letter in May of 2018 stating that the resolution stood and they would not be refunding the money. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with 2 departments and spoke with a dispute specialist who explained that there was nothing else that could be done. She offered no explanation and stated that she wasn’t allowed to offer advice on any further steps that could be taken. I explained that the card did not have a chip and she suggested that if I still had that card I could take a picture of it and send in as evidence. I was instructed to destroy that card immediately when the fraudulent activity occurred. I am currently out $400 and have no recourse with this bank. I was at work at the hospital the day the charges were made and my card was in my possession. I have lost all faith and trust in this banking institution.

There is no real protection for consumers when it comes to identity theft. I submitted this review in the event others come across the same situation. These companies are entrusted with keeping our finances safe yet they treat their customers like criminals when a situation arises requiring them to honor the claims they make.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Starting in 2017 I went into the Orlando branch on Conroy, asking for guidance on what I needed to do to get the PMI removed from my loan. She made calls and said I would receive information within 10 days. I never received anything. In November, I went to the branch in Lakeland Florida, spoke with the manager who explained, I'll just click this bottom here to request a cancelation and we will see what happens. I waited till December, again I received nothing. I called customer support who explained I needed to fax a letter requesting it be removed. I did that in December. Still no letter explaining what was happening. In February I went in to the Lakeland branch again. They said the problem could be I’m at 86% paid and not 80%. I explained if that is the exact reason I will make the extra payment to be at 80% but I want a letter explaining that.

We again clicked to cancel PMI and sent in the fax. NO LETTER. I called in March and this time was told the reason is I have to make payments for 5 years, so May 1st, 2018 I could apply and it should be taken off. May 16th, I went in AGAIN, requested PMI to be canceled. Faxed in my letter. NO LETTER. I called today and was told They see all the rejection letters were sent explaining I need to be at 78% paid. I then explained to them I received not ONE single letter back from all my attempts over the last year and now she is telling me I need to be at 78% when this whole time I’ve been told 80%.

She said by Friday I should have a clear answer and a letter will be sent. This has been the worst customer service and shows a complete lack of knowledge by your branches and your call center. If I do not get a letter or an exact reason so that I can complete what needs to be done to have this removed I will be forwarding my complaint to the Federal Reserve Consumer Complaint Department.

Original review: May 18, 2018

They offer promotion does not mean you will receive it! They have many tricks to tell, you are not qualified. I opened an account and supposed to receive the promotion after 45 days. When I did not receive that, I called them three times. Every time they replied me and said you will receive after 10 days. Then I called after 55 days but this time they said you did not qualify. Did I ask why? They said because a monthly fee $8 has taken from your account which reduced my balance. I asked no bank will charge a monthly fee in the first statement because this time customer usually opens an account.

They agreed with me that they did not charge me for the first statement. However, they did a trick. They actually issued me a monthly statement after 7 days of opening the account then they issued another statement after 29 days. This is how they showed two statements and charge my account and disqualified me from the promotion. I asked, how can you issue a statement after 7 days, they did not give me any logical reply only repeated they are following terms and condition. Note that, when I saw that my account was charged a monthly fee $8, I deposited $8 instantly on the same day to make the total balance correct but they did not accept that to make me qualify for the promotion. Be careful from Fifth Third promotion offer. Search online this bank has the worst customer review. I lost my trust to this bank and closed my account. I will also close my credit card from this bank. If they initially trick me, they will trick me forever.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Tried to get a home equity loan at Fifth Third Bank, had 4 times the amount in savings, and I was denied the loan with a 745 credit score! I have all of my accounts at this bank! Ridiculous! Use a credit union.

Original review: May 2, 2018

We took out an auto loan for a new car in September 2017. In February 2017 we went online and found out the remaining balance and sent them a check for the total remaining balance. Three months later we have no car title and I called to find out what’s going on. They tell me I have a remaining balance of $72.72 because the pay off that I sent went towards principle with the $72.72 going towards interest on the loan. I told them that I had gotten a pay off online and then I sent them a check for the full pay off. They did not care nor were they going to credit me the interest back. I then told them that doing this show that they had absolutely no concern for a good customer. They didn’t care. I told them based on how they would handle the situation would determine whether or not I would ever do business with them again. They didn’t care.

So now what I will do is send them a check for $73. This should mess up their computer system a little bit showing I have a credit on the account. I’m guessing several months of paperwork and then having to cut and process a check for $.28 will get me the $72.72 worth of service from them that they need to provide me with. Word of advice. NEVER do business with this bank. NEVER!!!

Original review: May 1, 2018

Over the last year I have probably received about four debit cards because somehow there may have been a security breach at a merchant that could have compromised my account. FOUR TIMES! Just me; not my wife's. Just me. Now I don't go to any odd places out of the ordinary, just gas stations, normal stores, and that's it. So after four times I call 5th Third, and ask, "Can you tell me what merchant this is, so I can avoid going there?" They say that they are just a call center, they can't give me that information. "WELL. Can you find out where I can get that information?"

They come back saying that the card just gets automatically sent out by 5th 3rd security when there's a security breach. I ask how to contact them... They are, from the way the lady explained, some ghost entity in 5th 3rd, that has no phone number, and no one has any way of contacting them. They just exist out there in space somewhere, and no one has access to them. So NO, I can NOT talk to them... I find this very hard to believe that there is not a human; at least one, behind the system that detects security breaches involving debit cards. So therefore I still have no idea where I need to avoid going to keep from getting my card from getting hacked, no thanks to 5th 3rd Bank. There's just no common courtesy or human decency and friendly service anymore. No one cares. We have your money, you need us more than we need you and that's all that matters. You got that wrong! I can move my money any time I want.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I started banking with Fifth Third in 2009. Back then 53 covered ATM costs. Now a 53 account holder can be charged up to 3 times for withdrawing from an ATM. There were no charges for periodic NSF on an account. Now NSF charges are $40 and a charge will be denied. So Fifth Third Bank has gotten into the business of stealing. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Someone in FL using my social number. Fifth Third slipped and told me about it yet refused to do anything about it. They said they had to protect the person in Florida using my social security for their account.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I went into the "77 Center drive" location here in Charlotte NC. I had just got my refund and was going to withdraw $4000 from my account. As I'm standing in line to get my money the teller notices the balance on my account and informs me that I qualified for an installment loan with them because of the funds I had available, I said, "Okay well what does that mean?" (**) said to me, "Well this installment loan will help your credit and I can get your monthly payments to be really low." I said, "Okay well what do I need to do?" He said, "Nothing. Go take a seat and I'll get right with you." (At the teller line ) not in an office. So I sat about 5 minutes and he called me back up and said, "Okay Ms. ** I've printed out all that papers. Let's go sign and we'll get you going." We went into the office and I started signing forms, he showed me where my monthly payments on the loan would be like $50.00 so I was okay with that.

I said to him in the midst of signing the papers "That's great, a $2,000 loan with 50 dollar payments? In shock 'cause no one else would approve me for a loan because of my credit." He said, "No worries. We're able to help even with where your score is right now," so I finished up all the papers, remembering that I initially came in to withdraw the $4000. I said, "Okay well I still need to withdraw the 4000 and I'll be done." He paused and said, "Well the application has to be approved and then they'll release the funds." In confusion I said, "What do you mean? If you offered me a loan what am I waiting on?" He said "the initial 2000 that you gave was Collateral" for the loan, and I stopped and said, "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" He said, "Yeah this is an installment loan with collateral." I said, "Why are you JUST NOW EXPLAINING THAT? Why in the hell would I put up $2000 of MY MONEY to make payments on it right now?" He said, "Oh no don't worry they're gonna approve it and you'll have funds as soon as they do." I said, "Are you freaking kidding me dude? I just explained why I was in here and what I needed the money for, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" He sat in silence and then said, "You'll thank me in 4 years when your score goes up?" Lol like are you serioussss? So I complained to the assistant branch manager about it and she said she would take care of it. Here we are 4 days later, I'm still out of my 2000 and no one seems to care. I HATE 5/3 and recommend NO ONE to bank with them.

Fifth Third Bank Company Information