Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.67/5

Fifth Third Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fifth Third Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fifth Third Bank?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I have been with 5 3 for several years now. I never had a problem with my checking account and either of my two credit cards with them. They are very helpful over the phone too. Unlike other banks they speak English which I can fully understand. I am thinking they are in the USA and not operating a call center in some other country. I get auto credit line increases on my Trio card which is now up to $14,000 credit line. I never paid a fee or had any adverse action taken by them. I think it's how you maintain your accounts. If you do that poorly then you will have fees. It is really up to the customer on how their experiences will be.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

The overall protection is similar compared to Identity Guard and at a lower monthly cost. We get updates on email and our phone telling us when our personal data is found online as well changes to our credit score or if someone has accessed our credit through all 3 Credit Score Companies. Our quarterly credit score shows all 3 scores from Transunion, Experian and Equifax. I believe this company is something all prospective customers should look at.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Fifth Third Bank has been great when I have a problem or need special attention from a representative. They are topnotch 5+. They handled fraudulent purchases and stolen cards very well. They were quick and decisive and replaced or changed cards in a hurry. They are attentive to all problems and their representatives and tellers are great. However, on day to day transactions they always seem to be short on tellers making waits longer than necessary. Their credit card policies are great (including free ATM or reimbursement at ANY ATM).

Original review: July 29, 2020

My experience that I have had with 5/3 they are qualified folks. I opened an account with 5/3 and I was informed that I would have a temporary pin for my online and go make one up online and if I did not that I would have to have it reset. So of course I did not follow instructions and procrasnated (spelled wrong) and that was the problem so the banker reset my pin and there was a email sent out and I read it wrong and reported a bad comment but I really need to APOLOGIZE. Because 5/3 was keeping me in the loop. So I want to THANK the people at this bank for the security they gave me.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I have been going to Fifth-Third Bank for my company for several years now. They are always helpful and very friendly. I enjoy the daily interaction with the tellers and they are very honest in telling me if any of my deposits are "off." We have built up a joint trust over the years. They know that if I end up with too much credit or cash, I will tell them. I trust that they do the same. That is not necessarily the norm in this day and age, so I have been very pleased with Fifth-Third Bank on Portage Road and also the branch on Westnedge.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

My credit card was closed by the bank (without any notification or warning) and they would not re-open the account. I've had this account for 12 years, never missed a payment, and have excellent credit. It was closed apparently for no activity for 6 months (after I paid it off). I found out it was closed via Credit Karma. (It had been more than 30 days since it was closed, but less than 60 days, and still 5th 3rd would not re-open my account; I even went into the branch and talked to a manager. Apparently they would have re-opened if it was within 30 days, but how was I to know?? No notice! And just a little outside that 30-day window).

I was planning to use the card. I was never notified that my card would be closed for inactivity for such a short period of time. After being a loyal customer all of these years, I feel pretty slighted. Additionally, closing the card hurts my credit since it is an older card with a large line. Clearly this bank does not want my business nor do they care. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

The customer service is non existent in 4 days 4 reps hung up on me after all giving me different information. They held my check funds for 3 weeks after I deposited it. And for over a week and a half after it cleared the issuers account, then charge me overdraft fees while my check is pending. The whole thing sounds like a scam to me. Do not bank with Fifth Third!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I bought a car and this bank (53rd) was the bank the car company went through. I did not nor will I ever get another loan from them. I bought the car about 4 months ago. I recently paid off the loan and paid what the online bank said my payoff was. Paying online through this bank, I decided to look at the account because I wanted to see zeros for what I owed. I was shocked to see I had a balance of 70.41.. Not understanding I paid that also. So I then called the bank and spoke to a loan officer who could not tell me why I owed that but I figured it was added interest. They keep adding interest until they get it. Whatever the lady was really rude and told me the call was being monitored and I wasn’t doing anything wrong except trying to figure out if I was going to owe more after that 70.41. She couldn’t tell me.

I eventually hung up and called back and talked to someone else who then says I owe another .5 cents. So I asked to speak to the supervisor which also treats you like crap. She said I needed to pay 6 cents tomorrow. I asked her when was it going to end and she told me the money will go through tomorrow because today was a holiday. I was getting charged a penny a day. She just kept repeating herself. She was also worthless.

They are not picky at all when they hire and obviously do not get any training. I told them again what the payoff was on their site. It went from 36,038 to 70.41 to .5 then to .6 if I paid tomorrow. I guess they don’t need us and can continue to treat people like crap. The supervisor didn’t want to listen to what I said. I get that she was backing her people but explain to me when I would ever have my car paid in full. Is this how they make their money? Is this why they can treat their customers like crap? I am taking this to the better business bureau and the car company that sold me the car and let them know customers like me won’t be back if they continue to use this so called bank. I am so done and will never get anything from them EVER!!!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I've been a customer of Fifth Third for the past 34 months, never late or defaulting on a single payment and recently made a payment of 5,000 dollars in July (to reduce my overall balance owed to 3000, with a 6000 available credit balance). I was surprised to have received a letter in September 2020 informing me that my credit had been reduces from 9000 to 3000 even though I pay on time and never defaulted. As a result my credit was impacted due to an increase in utilization.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

There have been many issues in my experience with the mortgage department. I will only say that frustration is the most polite term I would use. Why would you want to do business with a bank that is so frustrating. Just go elsewhere.

Fifth Third Bank Company Information