Fifth Third Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Not only is it very difficult to get an actual person on the phone. The website is not intuitive. I have had an auto loan with 5th/3rd for 5 years. I asked Olivia, an employee for the name of her supervisor. I was told he wasn't in. 3 minutes later Josh (the supervisor) got on the phone. I asked Josh the name of his supervisor and instead of answering a simple question he restated a policy and hung up on me. I suggest that the heads of this bank go through their own process to see how ridiculous it is and maybe teach your staff some customer service.

Where I work we have a direct deposit option which I signed up for. My problem is others here where I work also have direct deposits in their banks. Well on Tuesdays, my coworkers can show me their deposits which aren't available for them to use until Wednesdays each week. 53rd doesn't even show my deposits until Thursdays. Last week I had an electronic withdraw taken out late Wednesday which didn't show in my pending at 1pm that day. I had cash in my wallet and could of made a run to the bank. I was charged an overdraft on that withdraw, when my co-workers can use their check on the same day. I feel 53rd had my money in one hand and pushed an electronic withdraw through with the other hand to charge me fees.

I have called the service department to complain only to find myself being told there is nothing they can do. It takes time for the electronic deposits to be posted, but electronic withdraws go right through with no delay. It is kinda underhanded as far as I am concerned. I suppose if a gambler in the old west acted like this they would have been shot under the table. I will find a new bank. Got me once, won't get me again.

I have had to deal with overdraft fees from this institution that I have been attempted to pay off for over a month, and they are applying repeat fees. They have charged me over $260 in fees for the same $3.49 transaction.

I have had one too many bad experiences with this bank. I've been with them for approximately 4 years now and all I have are complaints and I feel very under appreciated. I know that I could bank with them for 30 years and they still wouldn't value me. They do not do anything for their customers and there's no such thing as a loyal customer here. They will make you feel in position to them rather than them in position to help you. The Tellers at the branches are usually very nice just like every other bank but that's the only nice thing I can say. If you ever really need anything outside of banking per usual you're SOL. This company does not value their customers.

My wife and I have had a horrible experience with Fifth Third Bank. I would stay as far away from this bank as possible. The customer service is terrible and they tell you one thing and do another. They have taken unauthorized charges from my bank account, with direct deposit, on a car loan. They owe me and my wife over $650 dollars and have gone MIA. We will be reporting to BBB and anyone else we can think of. I would never do business with this bank and hope others stay away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fifth Third Bank?

I have 2 mortgages with Fifth Third and last year 2016 they screwed my monthly mortgage up twice which affected my credit score. I made multiple calls and months later it took going to the president's office to get them to fix the mess. My insurance was about to be cancelled due to not being paid by Fifth Third. Now in 2017 I made a mistake on my payment and I shorted my payment by $2.00. I was notified I was short so I paid the $2.00 shortage over the phone. Well my $2.00 did not get applied so I got hit with a 30 day late which hurt my credit. Fifth Third will not take care of this latest issue. Very very disappointed, I feel like I'm in prison to Fifth Third.

Despite getting my PMI removed by paying down my principal, I was charged 3 PMI payments. Despite talking to a) a supervisor who promised to get back to me within the day - it is over 10 days, b) leaving multiple messages for the escrow supervisor who helped fix the bank's error when I made the principal, and 3) leaving a message for another supervisor. I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING FROM ANYONE. So, I filed a complaint with the consumer finance protection agency and will file a complaint with BBB and any other organization I can find until I get a response. Oh, and by the way, I have had my mortgage with them for 7 years with a perfect payment record. Nice way to treat your customers!

Customer Service is non existent. I have been a long-time customer at this bank and needed little to no customer service for approximately 10 years. The moment I did need help with something every customer service person I spoke with transferred me to someone else and was ultimately unable to help find a solution to the problem that I was having. I closed my Fifth Third bank account and would recommend this company to no one ever.

What I thought was good service at first turned out to be a nightmare 6 months later. Gricel assured me multiple times that my gap insurance would automatically carry over from my original loan to the new loan. She sounded like she knew what she was talking about and said she wasn't new to the business. Fast forward 6 months later, my car gets stolen from in front of my house while I was on vacation. I submit a claim, Allstate of course doesn't cover 100%. Difference should be covered by gap right? That's if it transferred over as Gricel stated multiple times.

I brought it up to upper management, and while her manager Remi admitted that they messed up to me after he spoke with her, once corporate interviewed her, she denied everything to cover her unprofessional self. Now I am paying off the remainder of the loan (thousands), for a car I no longer have, all after they told me to pound sand. They will surely get you a loan. They will surely lie to you to get your business and they sure as hell will not fix what they messed up, even after they admit to it. All I got from this was a headache, and a car note which all could have been avoided if Gricel didn't lie to me to open another loan account.

I have been a customer of Fifth Third Bank for about 2 years now. I must say they have treated me professionally and I have never had a problem with them. I have many accounts with them and their online banking system is excellent for sure. One thing I must point out that Fifth Third Bank has an excellent security department for sure and all of my accounts are extremely safe, secure and protected. I highly recommend them for sure as they are again a great bank to deal with and do banking business with. 5 Star rating for sure!

When I first acquired my auto loan with 5/3 Bank (3/2015), there was no online option to make my payment, so they gave me a payment book. Not a big deal, but I thought it was strange for 2015. A couple of months ago, I found out that I was, in fact, able to pay my bill online. So I contact Customer Service to set this up, and I am so excited about not sending an actual paper check, that I throw away my payment book.

I am very diligent in recording my usernames and passwords for all of my accounts into an Excel spreadsheet, so once I get these items established for my 5/3 Bank account, I add them to said spreadsheet. Now, I can't log into my 5/3 auto loan account because I am using the incorrect username and password, which I know I am not, but their website has room to be desired. I am currently on hold with Customer Service, and have been for 23 minutes. WORST WEBSITE EVER EVER, EVER! I am seriously considering refinancing my automobile with another company just so I don't have to deal with this company any longer.

1st to start off the over drafting totaling -$1499.00. I deposit a check on Sat. at closing. And then make a deposit on moblie app. Sunday. Keep in mind the standard Banks want release funds for 5 business days. So they release funds Monday then after they cash that check, they then put my account in overdraft, charge me 111.00 then deposit my check, which now they have set me up for them over drafting me 999.00. Got direct deposit and they put my check towards their fees. I have NO money now for 2 more weeks and my account is still 810.00 overdrawn. Have NO money for food, gas, car payment.

The crazy thing is I check my account all the time and when I went to sleep I was positive 645.00 and then I was overdrawn 1047.00. Customer service talks to you like you're stupid. I told the lady I'm not stupid. These charges are not in the order with my deposits. These were post in an order to get the bank as many overdrafts as possible. They pay millions for computer software to rip off customers when their bank account gets lowest. They move the day around to post so they can hit you with fees. I have never overdrawn this account in a year and half and this is bad business. STAY AWAY FROM FIFTH THIRD BANK.

I would like to take a moment to share my story with you... I have been banking with 5/3 for ~15 years. On Friday 2/17/17, my husband and I had our checks directly deposited, as we have for many, many years. I proceeded to pay or monthly bills, as I normally do. I realized that I needed to transfer money to the account to ensure all the payments were covered, as well as a little additional to cover living expenses for the next two weeks.

While I was in the process of transferring money from my mobile account, my boss called me panicked as a new piece of equipment was malfunctioning and she was hoping I could help to resolve it. I ended up being on the phone with her while my husband drove us to the office to help fix the malfunctioning equipment. During this (emergency) situation, I completely forgot to complete the transfer of the funds.

On Tuesday, all of the payments that I had made on Friday settled and my account ended up short and in the negative at (677). Lucky for me, early that morning around 7 am, I was making a purchase online for my mother and consequently, was declined. Knowing that I had money in my account, I logged on and was shocked to see that my balance was negative.

It hit me like a ton of bricks. I instantly realized what had happened and moved enough money into the account, as well as ~300 additional. I called the customer service line and told the agent what was going on. She informed me at the time that I had incurred a $370 overdraft fee. She told me additionally that there was nothing she could do to reverse any of the charges because in March of 2016 I had some charges reversed.

I do recall having charges reversed in March of 2016, but honestly cannot recall why I had asked for that. I am certain that if I had asked, it was because I truly needed it and had "bounced" my account accidentally, not maliciously. It is easy to look through my 15+ years of being a customer that I do not make a habit out of overdrafting my account, nor are we irresponsible. We are quite the opposite. We pride ourselves in living within our means. We help others as much as we can and both volunteer our time and services to many charitable endeavors.

When I called the CS line, the gal told me that there was nothing they could do. I asked to speak to someone else and she suggested calling my home branch. In addition, she suggested talking with another department that could possibly help. She transferred me to the credit card fraud department. After another 22 minutes on hold, I found out that was not the correct department and was transferred to another department. After being on hold for an additional 13 minutes, I was told that I had been transferred to the mortgage department which clearly could not help me. I gave up with the customer service line.

I waited until 10 am and called my home branch. I spoke with a manager and explained my situation. "Jessica" told me that she did not even see a fee assessed for my account and that there was nothing she could do for me, even if there was a fee because I had used my "courtesy" reversal already for the year. I told her that I would contact her again the following day if/when the fee posted. Instead of driving to my home branch (which is about 30 minutes my home as we moved over the last 15 years) I visited the branch that is 5 minutes from my home. I asked to speak with a manager and was given an opportunity to explain my situation.

After listening, the manager left the office to consult with her superior. Please keep in mind that I was not asking for the entire $370 reversed. I asked if they would honor the upcoming policy change (taking place in May 2017) that the amount of daily overdraft charges would cap at 5 versus the current cap of 10. He informed her that "there is nothing we can do". I did my best to keep my composure, but I will admit that I was angry, hurt and felt extremely betrayed and dehumanized. I asked the manager the following questions, which her reply each time was either, "I don't make the policies" or "I do not know why that is the policy"...

Why has 5/3 decided to change their policy from a 10 OD cap to a 5 OD cap? She was not aware of the change (which is right on their website). I asked if it could be because their current cap is so far out of the norm when compared to other banking institutions? As I researched, I found that most other banks cap OD's at 5. I believe I saw one other bank that capped OD's at 6...but not one single bank capped at higher than 6, at not according to the research that I did. I believe 5/3 has realized that industry "best practices" dictates they align their policies with other industry leaders.

Why is it 5/3 policy to settle debits starting with the highest charge versus the lowest charge or by presenting debits in chronological order in which they came in? The bank manager stated that she does not make the policies. I read many articles speaking to this practice. It is clear that banks who settle the largest debits first do this because it is their best interests. In my case, 17 items ranging from $139 to ~$4 were overdrafted. If they debits had been applied from smallest transaction to largest (which benefits the customer far more) I would have only "bounced" two items, not 17. Many banks choose an unbiased approach, which means debits are settled chronologically, as they were made.

I asked the manager if she felt that $370 was a fitting penalty for someone who had overdrafted their account by (677) for a mere couple of hours ON ACCIDENT and then remedied it as soon as she knew it was an issue, even before THE BANK knew it was an issue. She declined to answer but continued to shake her head at me and tell me that there is nothing she could do for me.

I feel exploited. I feel like I was legally robbed. I feel that the partnership that I have had with this entity has been abused and that I have been shown that my loyalty and partnership with them are meaningless. My last words to the manager, as I abruptly stood up and exited her office, after she told me for the last time that "there is nothing she can do" were, "Of course not. I am asking a machine to do a human's job". I then took the money that I borrowed from my mother who is disabled and lives on a fixed government income) to the teller and deposited in order to get my account out of the red. My husband and I are normal, middle classed, blue collared people. We often live paycheck to paycheck. We are honest and we pay our bills. We live within our means. I find it very difficult to believe that 5/3's policies are dictated by a computer system that does not allow for human intervention.

This company who boasts its billions in net revenue annually, cannot see it in their hearts to help out a partner of 15 years in a way that means everything to them in the moment. I am ashamed to have such an inhumane partnership and will be working my way out of this "relationship" immediately. I am not only disappointed, but I feel absolutely exploited. I am sickened mentally and emotionally. I would never treat a human the way my family has been treated. It is despicable.

I'm so disappointed by the way I got treated by the customer service representative. Even though I choose this bank for loan. As soon I'm done with this loan. I will never return and not going to reference my friends. THANKS KIM for you below average service.

Being a former Cincinnatian, I was pleased to do business with my old hometown bank when I needed a mortgage loan for a vacation home. Worst experience with a bank in my life. Application and loan initiation process was about same as other institutions I've worked with but ongoing customer service, responses to routine report requests or information, online navigation was absolutely and unforgivably abysmal. It is a wonder they remain in business. Account access was inexplicably roadblocked by red tape. Lengthy phone conversations with very unhelpful reps that should have been easily handled online. Never again!

We had a credit card with Fifth Third and paid it off so the balance was $0. I'm looking at my checking account and see where they've recently taken out our automatic payment of $38 after it had a $0 balance. In my mind, that's stealing my money!! I called and they told me their automatic bill pay system will still take out the payment If it shows a balance on the statement. What is this... 1995??? Your system doesn't update daily?? It updates monthly??? When I called they said I could keep a credit of $38 on my card (NO THANKS!!) or they would send me a cashier's check and it would take 3-5 business days. So you can take out my money immediately from my account but you want me to wait a week to get it back when it wasn't my fault!!

If the roles had been reversed they would have charged me a $25-$37 late fee. So I told them I wanted a $25 convenience fee since they stole my money. Of course they laughed at me and didn't do this but I think I'm well within my rights to ask for this!!! If I make a mistake you charge me... if you make a mistake I charge you. Will NEVER use this bank again. Very hard to work with from the beginning. Can't call customer service after certain hours, can't make payments online without filling out and faxing in all of these forms, can't set up automatic payments immediately, VERY OUTDATED OPERATING PROCEDURES!!!

Avoid like the plague! This has to be the worst bank I've ever dealt with. First off they don't send out monthly billing statements and their online banking doesn't work. I can never get a hold of a rep to fix it. So tragedy happened. Wife had a stroke. Lost her job. I missed a payment but then got it together and started making regular payments again. Got a call from a customer service rep. I told her the situation, and that I wanted to bring the account current in 3 months when I receive my tax return refund. The rep was nice, looked at my account, said I qualified for a deferment payment plan and then after 20 mins transferred me to loss and litigation. Not so nice rep there. She told me I do not qualify for any sort of deferred plan and that I missed two car payments 4 months ago. Making me almost 3 months behind.

I asked why wasn't I notified via mail or phone? She retorted, "What, you didn't notice the lack of payment in your bank account?" I said, "Frankly no!" I checked and those months I missed were right when my wife had the stroke. So, I probably missed them, I didn't deny it. However, a letter notifying me would have been nice! They don't send out anything! This feels like entrapment. What can you do. The guy that normally pays his bills gets screwed when he runs into trouble. They will be by to repo the car soon if I don't make a payment in 7 days, and then I need to call them back to file for a deferment plan. If they decide to honor it. Stay away from this bank at all costs!!!

Fifth Third bought my predatory-based mortgage, so I didn't have a choice in dealing with them. I had a balloon payment maturing in November and started trying to get it figured out early. When I called it to discuss, they either played stupid or weren't playing! They repeatedly said it was a second mortgage, but then acted like they weren't sure. They would send me from department to department taking approximately an hour of my time and giving no answer. I was current with them and with every creditor. After many calls, they told me my only option was to go through loan modification. I later learned from one of their senior loan officers that they had a program that fit me perfectly and THEY HAD IT AT THE TIME I WAS BEGGING FOR HELP.

They also quit reporting me to the credit bureaus even though I was current. Through my research, I have no doubt this was a deliberate tactic. Rather than go on and on about my last an mod, I will assume most of you know the games they play. I continued to make my payments, which they wouldn't take because they weren't for the full balloon pay amount. Needless to say, they have stalled long enough to destroy me financially because they reported me as in default. I asked their loan modification department each time if they had all documents they needed and they assured me that they did and it would soon be settled, only to receive a letter in two weeks that said I was denied because I hadn't sent in documents. I also would then receive letters from Gene ** saying I had done nothing to try to resolve the issues of my balloon pay. It would be the same with P Brian Moore.

I sent everything I had from them and responses in a registered mail. That is how I finally got to the Office of President. I began to deal with Sarah **, (Vice President of something). Still, nothing has changed. They continue to say they have everything except one thing. I send that one thing, they wait a week or two and then close my case and say they are missing a different thing. While I am sure I got further than a lot of people because of tenacity, it has done nothing to help me. If I had means to sue, I most certainly would. Look them up at BBB. It says A+, even though they had all terrible ratings. My only advice is STAY AWAY, PLEASE. Go with a local bank.

Anyone wanting to do a lawsuit against 53 Bank please contact me. I will participate. Email **. They don't care about their consumers' charge fees that don't make no sense. Even worst they don't deal with you directly. In my case, they dealt with the dealership for my car loan and never called me once before lending me the money. Long story short I got scam by dealership and 53 Bank failed to contact me before they accepted to have loan with me. I trusted the car salesman to get me a good bank which was huge mistake because he got me with 53 Bank which is not even located in my state. I cancelled insurance on my car and they are charging 1100 because of this. Ridiculous. Beware of car dealerships, professional scam artist, and 53 Bank. Plus I contacted the senator of my state with this issue. I should get a response soon.

Be careful when signing up. I signed up for a credit card that was suppose to come with a $150 credit if I spend over a certain amount, and 0% APR for 12 months for regular purchases and balance transfers. I was sent this offer in the mail and did it over the internet. So I was pretty surprised when I notice that I actually got charged on regular purchases, but still got the $150 credit and 0% 12 month apr for balance transfers. Now this is already at the point where I have spent money on it thinking I would have a year to pay it off before I get hit with regular purchases apr. I called in and they pretty much informed me that the offer I got

wasn't the one they came with the reg purchase 12 month 0%. I thought I had the letter for it, but threw it away a while back ago. So now I am basically stuck!

I used the inside ATM (not in a lobby but on the floor of the inside lobby) to get $500.00 out of my checking but I didn't see where the money comes out (UP TOP, I found out) (Not in front like the outside ATMs.). So clicked yes for another transaction thinking it does everything at the end. I put in my 360 debit card and heard a click and saw where the money was going back into the machine and I couldn't stop it. I notified a loan officer that was putting up a Christmas tree close by immediately and she said wait until next day to see if it debited acct. I said audit it now and look at camera photos now.

The next day it had debited my account and we filed and a provisional credit was given. They refused to audit the account then and I advised them to keep the camera footage as we were at an inside ATM machine but not in a lobby. Right in front of tellers, so I know they can see I didn't take the money. Without notice, they debited the $500.00 back out in 30 days and sent my account in a negative state. I called them and they said the machine balanced later that month. They never called me or got in contact with me at all.

I will need a lawyer to handle this. I closed all accounts with them and refuse to do business with them until I get my $500.00 back into my account that I left open with $1.00. I complained and they reopened the case but want to hold my money for thirty more days interest free. I am on Social Security only and they don't really care. There is something wrong here. I didn't take the money and saw it going back into the machine. How could a machine balance out? Had they done it right then before other people used the machine they would have seen the money was back in.

We paid off a vehicle with Fifth Third Bank in November 2016 and have to date not received a title. The title was held by the state of Texas as an E-Title. In order to get a certified copy of the title we would have to present the state with an original release of lien. We were informed by Fifth Third bank that their policy is to only fax copies of the release of lien, which would not provide us with an original. In checking with the state tax office, we were informed that Fifth Third bank had never sent them a release of title once the vehicle was paid off. In the meantime, the vehicle has been sold twice (which is legal as the title was/is held by a bank) and has been impounded by the border patrol for lack of metal plates when crossing the US border. To all other dealers out there: Beware when paying off auto loans held by Fifth Third Bank.

I'll make this short and sweet. I have a credit card with 53 bank. I have great credit, overall and never missed a payment with them since 2008. I had a balance on my card recently. I made a payment online and accidentally duplicated the payment. Not a huge deal, but this was a 500.00 payment. I called customer service to discuss. (A few calls later, and personnel) I was given the final answer that I must go into a branch to handle this. After going to branch, I figured all was handled. They were to leave 1 payment in place and refund me 500.00. Sadly, a bank can't refund via ACH (but they can take the payment of course). So I had to settle for a check payment via snail mail.

Exactly 4 days later I called to find out the status, only to find that they require 10 days before refunding the payment. The balance with the double payment is - $200 + dollars. They can keep one of the 500.00 payments, and anyone would assume they would be helpful and refund me my 500 dollars. NOPE, not 3 days, not 5 days but I have to wait 10 days. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME... I suspect this is because it's possible I cancel payment or dispute with my bank possible (Thankfully NOT 53 bank account). HOWEVER, there was nothing. It's been 9 business days, and my account shows a -$200 + balance still. Sometimes, one needs to look at the situation and adapt (maybe even deviate from SOP). I WILL NEVER REFER OR ADVISE THEM AGAIN. Note - Even left a message for the banking associate I spoke with locally. NO CALL BACK after 5 days.

I am sure I seem angry, but I can't believe how this was handled. Never in the world have I heard of something such as this. I have credit cards with other notable banks and have had the same situation occur actually (Though far less $$$ than 500 dollars payments). They did in fact transfer the funds back right away (But it was paid using debit). 53 doesn't permit outside accounts via debit, you have to use a bank and routing number like it's 1998.

I used an incorrect routing number when paying my car loan and was charged a $20 NSF fee. I asked Fifth Third to waive this fee as it was my first time receiving a fee and it wasn't a true NSF because the routing number didn't match the account number, so money never got debited from my bank account. I corrected my error and made the loan payment on time. Fifth Third refused to waive the fee. Many other banks give a one-time waiver to customers, I was not granted this courtesy by Fifth Third and am discouraged in their lack of customer service.

I have 3 accounts with 5/3. They charge their monthly account maintenance fees to the account with the LEAST amount of funds and at diverse dates, so they can charge a non-sufficient funds fee of $37 on top of the maintenance fees. They also reject payments to debtors due to "not sufficient" funds, however they still charge the $37 "overdraft fee" for something that has not been paid. On top of that, 5/3 has the unfair and fraudulent practice of paying the "highest amount" first, making the customer incur "unnecessarily overdraft fees" if the payments were paid as they arrived. I would like to bring my case to court. Looking for others who have had problems with this bank to make a class action lawsuit against this bank.

This bank placed a hold on my account and returned items when there was clearly enough money in my account to cover the debits. The return showed "error correction, debit in error," when the error is actually the bank's error. I am have been waiting on a call back from 2 supervisors by the name of Vernetta and Jeannie in which neither have returned my call as promised. I am beyond livid and nothing is being done but lies being told by supervisors that probably aren't supervisors to begin with. Please take your business elsewhere as this bank is horrible. I've had nothing but a horrific experience and my issue still isn't resolved. This bank is unprofessional and they do not take care of their customers! Think twice before putting your money into this bank!

Don't know where they hire people who do not know anything about their job. After 10 years of having a mortgage against my condo at this joke of a bank, received a flurry of letters that they need a hazard insurance from me. So went ahead and bought a condo homeowner insurance which covers personal property/liability and fixtures. Of course, the externals, walls and common areas are covered by the master association. As everybody who works with insurance knows. Except the Fifth Third Bank people who don't have a clue. So they are writing for a thousand's time to tell me now that because I have a loan of certain amount, they need me to pay for insurance that covers the whole amount of the loan. Unbelievable. They spend all money to pay the sales folks and don't have any back office to speak of. The ** service in the banking industry.

I just recently opened up a bank account with this ripoff bank based on the fact that I thought nobody could be worse than Bank of America. I was wrong. They purposely hold transactions to post at a later date even if they are done with a debit card using your PIN number. The fees are outrageous and when you call customer service they are no help whatsoever. I can't wait to get my direct deposit so I can close this account and be done with them. Anyone looking for a decent bank to go to don't look at Fifth Third. They are straight ripoffs. I wish I knew how to start a class action lawsuit against them. They need to pay back all the money they ripped off of people...

DORMANT ACCOUNT-I set up a small saving account of $510 for my young grandchild. I received quarterly statements. I did not get a quarterly statement for the 3rd quarter of the year and when I did get the statement for the 4th quarter. When I did finally get a statement, I realized that I had been charged a fee for a dormant account which then generated another monthly service fee. The monthly service fee was assessed when the account balance was less than $500. By the time I did get a statement I had been charged $75. I was told that they were not required to send a notice to dormant account which may be the FDIC regulations. However, I would think that they were required to send a notice to me prior to the account become dormant. Nevertheless, this is certainly a poor business policy. I guess interest rates are down so they need to rip off their customers.

I have a car loan through this bank. They did not process my payment because it was not the full amount, including insurance that they added, which doubled my payment. My car has been insured since day one and has never had a change to it. This was an excuse to get more money. Long story short, they repossessed my vehicle and would not release it until I paid the insurance fees or proved my insurance had not changed. My insurance sent them a declaration page a couple of times on day 1. It took them 2 and a half weeks to remove those fees. Meanwhile, my car was still repossessed, and I was left without a vehicle the entire time. When I picked my vehicle up from the repo lot, it had been damaged. This bank had been a complete nightmare to deal with. Every single time I called, I would get a different story and a different amount owed. DO NOT trust this bank. I do not understand how they are still in business.

Fifth Third Bank Company Profile