Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.16/5

Fifth Third Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fifth Third Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fifth Third Bank?

Original review: March 19, 2020

I have been going to Fifth-Third Bank for my company for several years now. They are always helpful and very friendly. I enjoy the daily interaction with the tellers and they are very honest in telling me if any of my deposits are "off." We have built up a joint trust over the years. They know that if I end up with too much credit or cash, I will tell them. I trust that they do the same. That is not necessarily the norm in this day and age, so I have been very pleased with Fifth-Third Bank on Portage Road and also the branch on Westnedge.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Each and every transaction is handled with TLC - they go out of their way to make you feel appreciated. If there is a question with a transaction - they will go over it with you. Again - you are a valued customer ---not just an acct. number.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2019

All aspects are easy to use. I enjoy talking to customer service because they are so helpful and are able to answer my questions and help me set up my account. I had trouble setting up my account. Online banking is faster and easy to use. I like being able to use it anywhere. I can get my balance 24/7.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Everything was great. The staff was very professional and did their best I believe. I guess the interest rate was a fair rate. The financial gentleman was very nice as was our salesman. We really appreciate their help.

Original review: July 2, 2020

Before setting my mortgage with 53, I was aware of the terrible reviews they had online, but what they've done so far is beyond anything I imagined. If you decide to have a mortgage with 53, please make sure they'll make EVERY attempt to avoid mortgage pre-payment. It doesnt matter what they say, pre-payments are essentially impossible. Also impossible is to get someone to answer they call service or to return a call.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I just found out my credit card with 5/3 Bank was cancelled without notice, forfeiting all my cash reward points. Why? The simple reason I hadn't used it for a mere six months. I spoke to a customer service supervisor who said her name was Hope, who told me they had the right to cancel anyone's account at any time without notice. I told her I had been a loyal customer in good standing for several years but she would hear nothing of it. She refused to reinstate the account and refused send me a check for the cash rewards I am owed. I explained that part of the reason for the lack of use was due to COVID 19 but she couldn't care less. I asked to speak to her supervisor but she refused, stating I could only complain to the bank's president in writing and only by snail mail. She also refused to provide me with info on what government department to complain to.

This is without a doubt the worst bank I have ever dealt with. Many people due to COVID are not using their credit cards right now and unknowingly risk losing all their cash rewards, some totaling hundreds of dollars, through no fault of their own. The bank stands to reap millions of dollars in cancelled rewards by doing this. I had to find out for myself through the Internet that you can complain to the Federal Reserve Bank, so I did and expect to hear back from them within two weeks. You can also file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. I will report back to this website on the outcome once I hear back from them.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I am absolutely furious with this whole company. I am especially furious with Ms. Elyse **, part of the PPP (Paycheck Protection) in Tampa Fl. I reached out to her a month ago and I have email records of all the conversations we had. She had me running in circles looking for information that I had the entire time yet and she never specified what I need! Not only did she hand me off to some new person who had no understanding of my situation, she conveniently did so right NEAR THE DEADLINE of this application. Then Mr. Michael ** in FL was rarely a help, I sent him everything and he never got back to me but at least he let me know that I needed the tax information that Ms. Elyse never asked for, information I had the entire time.

It is a complete lack of respect to have me running around in circles, passing me off to another person and hand waving me until THE DEADLINE OF THIS APPLICATION. We are a small business going through as much as everybody else is and I do not understand what kind of customer service exists here that allows this kind of thing to happen. I have a record of every single email and you can guarantee that I will take this as far up as I can and make sure that those responsible for not helping me with this application will be reprimanded.

I will no longer be doing business with Fifth Third Bank and I really hope this serves as a wake-up call to their abysmal customer service and you can guarantee that I will leave as many bad reviews on as many of their branches as possible to prevent this from happening to somebody else. I feel taken advantage of and played just because I am a Latina woman, whatever your reason for doing this I genuinely hope nobody has to go through what you've just put me through.

Original review: June 16, 2020

5/3 Bank is by far the worst bank I've dealt with for credit cards. From the time I opened my credit card account in 2015 until present (2020) I've had nothing but frustrating experiences. They've caused my 100% Payment history to drop due to their faulty online payment system and showed no remorse or tried to work with me upon disputing the late payment several times. This resulted in me using my credit card very sparingly because I wasn’t confident that 5/3 would provide a seamless online payment experience in the future.

More recently, when I went to make a purchase using me 5/3 credit card, my purchase was declined (embarrassing). I called 5/3 Bank regarding the issue and they notified me that my card had been closed due to inactivity. They closed my card in the middle of the COVID-19 Pandemic when I, like most of the country was in quarantine, when most businesses were closed therefore bringing commerce to a standstill, at a time when job security was on the line. Given everything happening in the country, racking up a balance on a credit card was the last thing on my mind.

In addition to this, it hasn't even been a year since the last time I made a credit card purchase and the account hasn’t been closed for more than a month. I called 5/3 Bank to see if they could work with me and re-issue a new credit card given the circumstances and the answer was, of course, no. 5/3 Bank has never been willing to work with me, even when they've dropped the ball. How can a company pride themselves on 'putting customers first' and making banking 'a 5/3 easier' if they don't practice what they preach? 5/3 Bank has done nothing but put me at a disadvantage with my credit profile, which means everything to someone who doesn’t come from a line of wealth. 5/3 Bank has by far been the worst experience I’ve had with a Bank/Credit Card company. Never Again.

Original review: June 8, 2020

My home mortgage loan was transferred a couple of years ago to Fifth Third Bank. I have dealt with many mortgage services banks in my lifetime but, Fifth Third is the worst. I have to remind them to pay the real estate taxes and insurance, automated payments have been duplicated, automated payments have disappeared. They send letters telling me I do not have homeowners insurance and on and on. Every issue takes quite a long time to resolve with a customer service rep. They do have some decent service reps but there are many that could perform in a skit on SNL. I am at the point now of going to another institution, 5/3 is really that bad. If you have a choice stay away from them.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Not only was my client's lender trying to commit mortgage fraud, he refused to communicate with anyone. By far my worst experience in my entire career as a broker. He repeatedly missed dates and refused communication risking my client's earnest money repeatedly.

Fifth Third Bank Company Information