1.28/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Fifth Third Bank

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

696 Fifth Third Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Nothing but trouble with this bank. Got an auto loan with them because the rate was low. They had me open a checking account to make payments on my auto loan because they charge you for any outside accounts. I set up direct deposit for just the amount of my auto loan to be paid. They started charging me banking fees when they said there was no minimum to have the checking. But they randomly upgraded my account to another checking that had a minimum fee. Had to get that fixed by calling them and getting routed through about 4 different lines before they finally found someone that could actually help me. When they randomly closed my account after a few months because I didn't have enough money in my account to keep my account open even though I still had an open auto loan with them. Their mobile app hardly ever works and always needs to have your password changed.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

This bank's fees are out of control. I had a check go through that I wish they had not paid after I get a taste of fees. I see why they do. Took me week to get funds in from client. I have 192 in fees. Some days. 72.00. Others 34.00. And all rest 8.00 a day. So I am sending in the original amount that they covered and disputing the fees and I had payroll going to use through them. Glad it hadn't started yet lol. Cancel and run from this bank is my best suggestion.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Since bank with Fifth Third Bank I've never been so broke. Within 3 months I've had over $600.00 taken from my account for overdraft fees. This banking facility does not care about their customers. I've tried to explain this had caused me a hardship. I didn't have enough money for me and my cat to eat on, no compassion understanding. Their theft of my money is criminal.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I have had a car loan with 5/3 since 2013 and have never missed a payment, so I haven't had any issues until now. The RMV gave me a form to send in to my lien holder to request the title. All I had to do was figure out where to send it--- easy, right? WRONG!!! So Wrong! First, their automated telephone answering system is like a brick wall. If none of the options apply, many businesses give you a way to bypass the automation situation--- not 5/3. When I finally DID get to a human, and explained that I needed an address to request a title, she acted like she was going to help me and then transferred me to another recording. This is my big problem, and why I will NEVER do any business with 5/3 again. They will not process a title transfer request. They have shut down all such operations and have out-sourced this function to another company that will do it for us--- for a fee!!!

So instead of them doing this part of servicing the auto loan, they have decided to OPT OUT OF CUSTOMER SERVICE, I'm guessing to up those profits and huge salaries for the top executives!!! They collect packages that are worth several million each year --- GOOGLE it! And we have to pay for our own title transfer, and spend our valuable time ordering it ourselves. And when I told the "customer service representative" that I thought this was ridiculous and that I was going to cancel my loan, and write to the President and Operations Manager of 5/3, she said "anytime someone makes a threat and talks about the President they have to speak to the supervisor".

I asked if the call was recorded and told her to look up the word threat in the dictionary. I am glad the call was, so she can review it with her supervisor and learn not to use inflammatory language in her role as a CSR. Filing a complaint with management is an appropriate course of action and should not be labeled as a "threat". What is wrong with our world? I waited for the supervisor who told me that it was their right to outsource the title transfer function and that my complaint to the president would not change anything.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Recently I went into Fifth Third Bank & ATM, 254 FL-436, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714 to inquire about their promotion on credit cards. Before leaving I had obtained a 0% card for 15 months, refinanced my car, and opened a checking and savings account. More importantly, however, I walked in as a customer and left feeling like a friend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fifth Third Bank?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

5/3 when they first came over were a good bank. Good customer service, attentive and willing to fix issues. Been a customer thru the various acquisitions since 1999. For the last 5 years it has been going downhill. Spent almost 1.5 hours on the phone yesterday fixing up their error with auto bill pay (made payments to home equity NOT credit card). Was transferred to 6 people to find out that I need to fill out some paperwork and mail it back. Then today I am trying to pay my CC bill on the phone and keep getting bounced for over an hour. Time to change banks....

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I signed up with 5th 3rd Bank back in May and it has been a constant headache. Had problems with my debit cards just trying to set up a pin. Never knew a banking customer service ever to be closed on Sundays until this bank. The main reason I'm outraged at the bank is the line of Credit I had them sign me up for. They told me I qualified for 21,000.00 with a 12.59 interest rate which was fine until I went and used the money to pay off a time share. My first bill I got from the was 154.00 which I used 12,000.00 of the 21,000. I had paid 350.00 dollars before the payment was due. The next Bill I got was 254.00. What in the world. How could this be.

I call the girl who gave me loan. She gave me some b.s. excuse of the payment is supposed to come out of my checking account and because the money wasn't there that's why it went up. That made no sense whatsoever. So I go to a branch. Talk to someone else who called customer service and come to find out they charge you 1 percent interest of the amount you take out causing me to almost pay double the amount I was scheduled to pay. I have never heard of such a ignorant thing. If I had known this I would not had used this cause now I'm screwed due to lack of information from the employees at 5th 3rd. I even went to my bank later that day and explained what had happened and they even said they hear A LOT of complaints about 5th 3rd. My advice to you all: STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM THIS BANK. They are clueless and it's all about screwing you the consumer.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I have been with Fifth Third Bank for over 10 years now and over these years I have noticed they have decline in customer service. Recently all been about money. They take your money from you without even letting you know and leave you negative and charged overdraft fees daily!!! I do not recommend banking with Fifth Third at all. Customer service is terrible, when you call nobody can answer your questions and they transfer you to several departments just to have nobody call you back and never get your question answered and charging you fees! DO NOT BANK HERE UNLESS YOU LIKE PAYING FEES & HAVING YOUR MONEY STOLEN!!!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I recently opened a credit card account with Fifth Third Bank. $15000 limit. I'm sure at this point that I shouldn't have written a convenience check for the full $15000. I just received a statement for $15,000 plus the $450 convenience check fee and additional $525 fee for going over my limit (caused by the check fee). Wow... what a way to lose a customer. I will not pay $525 to them. If the check was causing my account to go over the limit, they should have not paid the check when it was presented to them. I will send them a check for the $15,000 plus the $450 check fee. Poor judgment on my part thinking Fifth Third was a reputable bank.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I was referred to 5/3 bank from my realtor back in 2008 when I was looking for a house... My home equity loan went good but when I started the process for a mortgage the loan officer from 5/3 asked if we currently had a mortgage on our existing building and I told him "No it's paid off." Now this was in the middle of the housing market crash.... Once this guy knew my house was paid in full he said "How much do you want? I can get you up to $500,000." I said "And this is why the housing market has crashed cause of bankers like you." I walked out of there... That was only the beginning. My husband was buy a new car and he got declined on the loan due to a bankruptcy that supposedly he filed. WE HAVE NEVER FILED Bankruptcy. It was a 5/3 credit card that we never opened and the balance was $4,000 seriously. This has haunted us for YEARS!!!

Now I paid off the loan with 5/3 I can close the checking account. Well I procrastinate in doing it then I notice an $11 service fee... WHAT!!! I called and the lovely customer service person told me I should be happy that I am only being charged half of their service fee. The other half is being waived. I shouldn't be charged no service fees... I go to close the account. 2 weeks later I get an overdraft fee... FOR A SERVICE FEE on an account I CLOSED!!! I call the customer service and the Banker who attended me NEVER CLOSED THE ACCOUNT OUT!!! Finally I am done with them!!! Do not bank with 5/3. They are horrible!!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Although I have most of my accounts at 5/3 bank, I've been denied loans with a credit score of 740. My husband's credit score needs some improvement so we tried to get a small personal loan, and even though we had more money in savings than we were going to borrow, we were denied because his score was 640. I feel as though they didn't work hard enough to help us. His credit was bad due to delinquent bills from an illness he had 7 years prior!! The only reason I haven't moved my money to another bank is because of lack of time. As far as feeling my money is safe, I do feel my assets are protected through 5/3 bank. I have love/hate feelings towards my bank.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I called in a dispute with another company whom was pulling funds from my account when I was told that it was a one-time fee and found out they had been pulling it for over two years. I informed the dispute claims department that it went back two years and they refunded that money back into my account. Afterwards I was receiving phone calls from Fifth Third Bank stating they pulled back the funds from my account which made my account overdrawn.

I called and spoke with Fifth Third Bank supervisor and she told me that after the dispute team did investigation, which wasn't told that over the phone when I did dispute that they were going to be dirty and sneak behind my back and investigate then turn around and take from my account. I told the supervisor that it wasn't my fault, why not take from the third party and not your supposedly caring customer. I will never bank with Fifth Third Bank again. They do not care about their customer. They are about funded their bank.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Had several issues with tellers accepting a check drawn on my Fifth Third Bank account and forged by my estranged wife whereby she signed my name, crossed it out, then wrote on the back of the check "payable to **" and they STILL cashed the check for $8,000.00. I could NOT get the money back into my account.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

My local branch of 5/3 branch goes above and beyond to make me feel as if I'm their most important customer. They greet me by name at the door, are helpful with my disabled daughter's needs and always give me extra time when needed. My branch should get an award for customer service and kindness!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

A week ago my wife received an offer from 35 bank, it was a pre-approved credit offer. My wife has excellent credit score, and she accepted the offer. There started the nightmare, their web page is frustrating. You can spend the whole day trying to enter their site, but is slow and responseless, the worst website ever!!! After that we tried to contact customer service department, after 4 hours for being transferred from department to department to computer answer systems, we only received a rude treatment and no help at all.

They told us, "If you don't have the capacity of using your mobile app, it is not our fault," they show no respect for customers. Another answer was: "Go to your nearest bank and find out over there," telling me the nearest bank was more than 100 miles away from our home. STAY AWAY FROM THIS FIFTH THIRD BANK!!!! Scammers, rude, liars, this has been the worst experience with a bank so far. Now my wife won't use their card and they lose another customer!! I really hope they lose every single customer, and, indeed, they will!!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Today, I went to inquire about a promotion for new accounts. Details or terms on the promotion were inadequate. So I had questions. The promotion offers $200 if you sign up for a checking account. Impressions: First, there was only 1 customer service person, even though I saw 7 offices. I thought during a promotion, wouldn't you bring one more rep in? Maybe. Anyway, a few minutes later, a customer walks in and related that the bank deposited his payment into the wrong account and he got yelled at for it. Next, someone I recognized walked in sweaty and greasy looking. I'm thinking, they lure unsophisticated, poor folks to this bank. Then I noticed the bank had no art or plants (fake or real) and that the exterior foliage was in poor condition. Both are unusual for banks.

The customer service rooms are not sound proof and I heard everything the between the previous customer and the representative, even amounts. Not good. Also, the bank manager couldn't be over 30. (She indicated that she was the manager). She was nice, but my impression overall was one of a bank that doesn't measure up. I just now realize that they must wear uniforms, because a tall young ** teller with the same or similar outfit and manner of walking as the boss came out briefly in the same Black polyester suit. Not problematic, but it just felt "off" in there, like an episode out of The Twilight Zone. Anyway, I came here to look up complaints because my impression of the place was poor. Now I know. I will not be closing my account with PNC for $200.00 that might not materialize. Thank you all for your accounts with 5-3. No thanks.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I've been banking with Fifth Third Bank for about seven months now, it is for my auto loan. Let me tell you this they really have bad customer service, really bad. I am not familiar with this bank, this is what bank I got approved on for my car. This was my first time getting a car and had basic knowledge about the bank and the rest of the stuff, I was just very excited to get my first car on my own.

2 months pass by, I decided to call the bank to just to double check for my monthly bill, on that note I am on automatic bill payer. While I was on the phone I kept getting transferred to different departments. Which is really frustrating when I had only one question. They then tell me that the bank had forced an insurance policy into my account due to not having full coverage insurance. I then provided them my insurance and they were quickly able to deduct what was added to my account. They then left a remaining amount of $614 due to for only having liability for 2 months, which was totally fine. So then my monthly bill went from being $219 to $352.

A month passes by and I call the bank again to just have reassurance on my bill, they then told me that my monthly bill went up which I was notified already so I was ok with the conversation. The following month I call again for some reassurance. I called around 3 or 4 PM. When a representative answered I then noticed that he had an accent, I also recognized his accent as well. I am Filipino so I am very positive that I would recognize when a fellow Filipino is speaking. I had told him my problems about the forced insurance and all of that stuff, he then transfers me to a different department. I believe I had spoken with at least 5 people that day and none of them were able to answer my questions.

This has been going on for months now, but until last month they randomly called my aunt which was the co signer notifying her that I did not pay the last month's bill. I was furious when my aunt called me because how is that possible when I have it set up for automatic bill-payer. I then called them, first person answered and they did not give me the answer that I needed, so then I decided to speak to another representative the second person hung up on me in the middle of our conversation, third person was very slow paced I just couldn't deal with that. So then I gave up. My questions were not answered whatsoever. The next month comes and I get two letters from the bank one is saying that I have a past due payment of $352 and the other mail consisting of an electronic process payment.

Those 2 mails had different dates. I then call them asking about the past due payment, they're now telling me I owe $352 and on top of a $463 for the month of July. I was freaking out and had asked them what are those for? Then again they couldn't answer my questions and had hung up on me. I needed my questions answered so I then I decided to give it one last shot.

The last person that had answered was a girl name Joy. She had an accent and while talking with her, her background noise was very loud. I can hear what the people next to her or maybe even behind are saying. I speak and understand Tagalog so I am very familiar with the language. I hear these people in the background talking about their day and what had happened to them the night before, of course they were all speaking in Tagalog. On top of that the woman I was speaking to was very slow paced. She couldn't answer any of my questions.

The following day my cousin had looked into my account and just basically studied it. When I bought my car it totaled in about $16800. Today I owe $16,268. I've had the car for 7 months now and if you do that math it's basically saying I've only paid $500 dollars within the 7 months I had the car. This is just ridiculous, they're scams and they steal your money. Today I tried refinancing my car but didn't get approved due to the amount of my pay off. I am going to a local bank near me and will try to see if I can get another loan, I want out of this bank ASAP. I hate Fifth Third Bank. I feel sorry for the others who have dealt with the similar situations.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Instructed to wait for CC bill twice, but none received. Contacted by collection agency for settlement. Back lies about not having correct address. I have proof. I am told it's still my problem, should not have accepted bankers advice to keep waiting. Result, large penalties.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I opened a checking account at the Fifth Third Bank branch on 53rd Street in Hyde Park(Chicago) in the spring of 2016 because of a promotional advertisement that was supposed to give new customers $200.00 if; the checking account had direct deposit and 2 or 3 bill-pay accounts add to the checking account. I opened the account with 53rd because of this promotional offer and did exactly what was required to get the $200.00. Earlier this year (2017), I made at least 3 inquiries about when the money would be deposited in my account. I even e-mailed a message to 53rd and received a letter telling me to contact the branch where I opened the account. I contacted the branch, was told that the manager would call me later that day. The manager never called. I called the branch last week and talked to the manager who opened the account for me last year. His reply was that my inquiry is probably beyond the time limitation. What?

I took out a home loan with Quicken Loans last year, and 53rd bought the loan. The loan payments are due on the 1st of each month. I asked 53rd to change the due date to the 5th of each month because on a couple of months, especially January, the direct deposit from my pension is not made until January 3rd or 4th. In January 2017, 53rd charged me a $35 overdraft fee because of this. 53rd Bank refused to change the payment due date. Based on these and other negative experiences with 53rd Bank, I wouldn't recommend banking with this bank to anyone. 53rd Bank stinks and employ liars and people who behave very similar to con artists.

Original review: July 20, 2017

They advertise 200.00 when you open an account. Well I ran to open an account and they also told me they wouldn't take any fees since I have my Government checks deposited. I never received the two hundred dollars, because they at the last minute told me that I didn't have the correct online bill payments even though they told me how to go about doing the online bill payments. It's a trick to it and they are still charging me 8.00 dollars a month for service fee which I could have kept my NetSpend account, there's no difference. I'm still laughing to myself, a lesson well learned. So if anyone see that advertising about getting two hundred dollars to open an account "BEWARE".

Original review: July 11, 2017

I opened an account with this bank because of an advertised promotion that I will get $200 for opening an account and doing bill pay with them within 90 days. This is like the 4th month and I did not see any $200 credit. I am going there now to close my account. Their customer service over the phone is very poor except you go to the branch and talk to a manager. Shame on you Fifth Bank for your lack of professionalism, there are so many banks out there I don't have to stick with this.

Original review: June 23, 2017

Don't I mean bank with. I had so many fees after 90 days. This has been hell. Over 600 in fees item returned. I'm at a lost for words right now. And then they rerun the same transaction the next day for more fees.

Original review: June 16, 2017

They are stealer... they want to make their money with your money. Sound stupid. Isn't it? I been with 53rd little bit over 2 and half years. Found so many issues with service charges and fees. They are the stealer. I don't have any loan or mortgage, credit with them... too many charges and fees. When I swap their debit card at the ATM machine fees and when swap their debit card at shopping center... there is a fees.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Fifth Third Bank, Wabash Ave. Terre Haute, IN - Not sure who the gentleman is that works inside the branch... but every time I come into the bank and he is the one waiting on me, he has to give me push back about cashing a payroll check. He even said loudly, with the bank full of people that there wasn't enough funds to cover the check and that he couldn't give me any money back because of that. I would have to go to the ATM after I was finished depositing it with him. REALLY? He couldn't just take care of my transaction right then? I finally said to him... "no, I am not going to do this with you, then turn around and go to an ATM machine, you need to give me cash back while I'm "in" here with you". Then I told him, I'm really getting upset due to every time I come in here, he gives me push back.

Last time it had something to do with my address didn't match my ID. But they opened the account with that ID like that. Anyway, my point... this guy has no business working in customer service and treating customers this way. For him to yell out what I had in my account was unacceptable period. For him to try to make me go to the ATM to withdraw money was ridiculous. I'm just not happy with the service there. I will say in spite of my negative review, the ladies there are very professional and have never given me any trouble. I'm still deciding whether to take my business elsewhere.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Recently when I called to make a payment I was told my required payment was $50.00 more than I expected. When I inquired as to why I was told it was because the interest rate had gone up by .25 percent. When I finally received my statement in the mail I learned what the extra $50.00 was for. Fifth Third is now charging a annual fee for the use of your line of credit. I wouldn't mind that if I actually had access to my line of credit but I've asked twice to be sent a replacement credit card with no luck. Apparently they can't even handle that.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I received a postcard in the mail for Fifth Third Bank to prompt residents to open an account and a 300.00 incentive will be deposited after the account is open with at least a 100.00 direct deposit within 5 days of the qualifying deposit. This was an incentive to try them out. But by the way this has been handled there is NO way we will bank with them. We went in and opened the account with a banker in the University area and immediately there was a problem with the banker entering the code and pin that was on the postcard but we were assured everything would be worked out by the time our direct deposit comes in.

The next week our deposit went in with more than was required. I called the banker several times and was told give it a few days because the District Manager had to handle it. After 3 weeks had passed I was told his Branch Manager was working on the issue. Another week pass and I finally talk to the Branch Manger and was told they are at the mercy of the District Manager and he has not responded to them, I was also told that it's within the 6-8 weeks processing time so we should be still good. Well I had to inform her that on the fine print of the card that the Banker has it stated the 5 day incentive deposit, of which she was not aware of but she said she will call me. It's now been more than 6 weeks and no response not even a call to say we're working on it. We will be stopping the direct deposit and closing the account today.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I have been banking with Fifth Third Bank for the past eight years. During this time, Fifth Third has benefited from my deposits in excess of $700,000. I have found their numerous locations to be very convenient and, until recently, had no major issues with my banking experience. This past week, I saw that a scheduled ACH draft would leave me insufficient of funds. I went to a local branch four days prior to the scheduled draft and placed a stop payment. The bank representative was helpful and placed a stop payment waiving the customary fee. I was not informed that stop payments are not guaranteed. The amount entered by the bank representative was off by one cent. Because of this the draft went through and my account was debited. I was charged a $12 overdraft fee and funds were drawn on my bank credit card to cover the overdraft.

I went in person to the bank and spoke with two customer representatives including one supervisor who all told me they could waive the overdraft fee but I would have to file a dispute on the ACH draft which was also not guaranteed and would take more of my time to resolve. They were leaving it up to me to take care of and made no offer to help on my behalf. My wife and I have opened a new account at a local bank and are closing our accounts with Fifth Third. Based on this experience and a series of frustrating interactions regarding a simple name change from our recent marriage, my wife and I both recommend NOT doing business with Fifth Third Bank.

Original review: May 27, 2017

Rude tellers and managers. 35 years with 53 and I watched their standards go to the (we make all the rules) attitude. They allow tellers to make nasty comments on their screens if they don't like you. They shut down a account because I told a teller to shut up and stop being so annoying. This account had over 2 million dollars pass through it a year. Horrible people.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I financed a vehicle in December of 2014 at a Ford dealership in PA. My lender picked by the dealership was Fifth Third Bank. I have never been involved with this branch so I didn't know what I was going to deal with. I moved from PA to Nebraska in 2016. This is when I first started to realize the bank was going to be difficult to deal with. In order to register my vehicle in NE I had to call the bank and get them to send the title over to DMV of NE. The only number available I was directed to a very stubborn and ignorant lady who had no intention of helping me! Long story short it took me a week of numerous attempts and call transfers to finally get someone that can help send the title over which by the way took a month to mail out. That was not the bad part! I decided to put that experience behind me and continue forward!

However recently... I dealt with a very upsetting and deceiving matter! In the near future I have vacation planned with my wife and kids to travel in our vehicle to Mexico. I did some research and asked friends who have traveled to Mexico and all said the same thing... in order to travel in a financed vehicle you would need a permission letter from the Lender (Fifth Third Bank). All the people I asked had no issue with getting a permission letter from their lender as long as there was notice with time in advance and Mexico insurance was provided! So I followed the process accordingly, I purchased the Mexico insurance 2 months in advanced for the dates that I would be in Mexico with 2 days extra for precautionary measure. After I purchased the insurance I called Fifth Third Bank to request a permission letter. Immediately I was denied, so I asked to speak with a supervisor.

I was very detailed of my intentions, places and dates to travel, They refused! I reminded them how long I've owned the vehicle and that I have not been late or missed one payment in the 2+ years I've had that vehicle, still they refused! I felt cheated, betrayed and insulted! The reason they say they will not issue the letter was they insinuated I was going to leave the country and stop paying for the vehicle! When the supervisor said that, I continued to try and reason with him by informing him that I have no interest to leave this country. I have a great job, I have my Home, kids go to a great school! The only intention I have in Mexico is to visit for a 2 week vacation! Yet they still refused.

How is it fair, how is this right! Is this even legal? To restrict me from driving my vehicle to my desired location??? Why should I pay for a vehicle that has restrictions of driving! Other banks allow it with notice and purchase of separate insurance but Fifth Third Bank refused! 1st of all, Now I am looking for legal advice to address this matter and I am certainly determined to get this corrected no matter the cost! 2nd I will be looking to refinance with another bank so I will never have to deal with this Bank Again!!!

Original review: May 20, 2017

Do not trust your money with this bank. A criminal got a hold of my check, altered it with their name & cashed it for thousands of dollars. I only had couple hundred dollars in bank but Fifth Third decided it was in my best interest to clear the check throwing me into an overdraft situation. Upon noticing the overdraft, realized the fraudulent check was presented and cashed by bank. I made calls to local branch and the dispute department and a complaint was filed. After receiving no further information I continued to call only to find out the bank had filed the fraud incorrectly. I went back to local branch & started paperwork again, signed affidavits, etc. and was told should have my money back in 7-10 days. Been waiting 60+ days and no money back yet. Most recently been told it may be 120 days.

No one at Fifth Third has apologized to me for cashing this check that was clearly altered. No one has returned a phone call from local branch or local management yet. Sent email to President's Office, they called & said they would be in touch with 5-7 days. You got it, no call. I have changed banks after 10 years of service. Never use Fifth Third Bank. Horrible customer service. Rude management. No explanation has to how this could happen with an altered check. Eyes should have been on the check. They rarely have a line but want to rush you through so they can get back to office luncheon, personal calls, etc. Turn and run from Fifth Third. They do NOT have your back.

Fifth Third Bank Company Information