Fifth Third Bank

1600people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Fifth Third Bank:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

Had several accts with this location (Huntersville NC Branch) and did a lot of business with them. Had another acct at another bank. Which I had plan to move all accts to Fifth Third. However they made a mistake and charged me $74. They did refund half back to me. But I had to pay the other half. Spoke with a rep at the location and she said nothing I can do except pay it. Contacted Home Office with full details and information to contact me. Never heard from them.

So I went in to close all my accts including a Fifth Third credit card that I just opened because they would not leave me alone about opening the acct. But that's another story. When I went in this time, I spoke with a different rep. Her response was "maybe this is not the bank for you." My jaw dropped. After many years of banking there, she tells me that. Where is the customer service. Lastly, the ATM machine is always broke. So I decided to return back to my old bank. They are refreshing after the ordeal at 5/3.

I open a Fifth Third checking and saving account in 4-6-16 and the promotion stated if I make 3 online payments and have my automatic check deposits they will deposit 200.00 into my account. After 3 months well I paid all must of my bills with the bank card online. Also my check are deposit into the account the promotion came through my employment. But I was told I did not make the online payments. I pay my AT&T phone, internet and cable my insurance and purchases all online with my bank card. So why are they not giving me the 200.00 dollars? This is wrong. Very unhappy about this.

Went into the location for a card cancellation. Days later find out the card was not cancel - had to go out of my way to re-cancel and was rushed off the phone by women representative. Also I requested them to not tell an associate I don't prefer to work with them any more. They stated "they will not and he will not know. A new person will help you." To find out that they were gossiping to the guy about that I did not like working with him. So I have been lied to, wasted time, and rushed off the phone, does not seem this location has much care or disregard for the customers. Very dissatisfied.

I am writing this letter to you to let you know of the horrible experience received at Fifth Third Bank on 1250 N Green River Rd Evansville, IN 47715. On 7/6/2016 I drove up in the drive thru to deposit and withdraw cash with my daughter and grandson. This was my daughter's pay check and accounts. I gave check signed with her bank card along with her ID. This process we go thru every two weeks. My daughter has had account with Fifth Third Bank since she was in middle school. She is now 20 and has account now also for her son at this bank. We have never been asked to complete a deposit ticket before. This is something that has always been done for her and she has only had to sign if she received money back. On the 5th Teller ** was the recipient of my daughter's business.

I asked that she please deposit check in checking account and give back 65.00 with 20.00 of this 65.00 to be in ones. (I also wanted to let you know that only one other car was in the drive thru at this time and another teller was taking care of them.) She said "I will need you to complete a deposit ticket." I told her that we have never had to do this before and asked that she complete it. She then waved it at me and said "this is an official document and you must complete." I told her that we have always had this completed by the bank in the drive thru and we did not have account numbers with us. She then stated "so then you are telling me that you want me to complete this." I said "yes please." I was very upset at this point since I know this teller was just giving me a hard time. We waited a little over five minutes while she took check and cards to another computer or somewhere we could not see her.

I then rang the teller button and asked "what is taking so long. Is there a problem." The ** then showed up at the window and said "it is taking me this long because I have to look up your account info and complete this deposit slip since you refused to complete." She then asked me what I wanted her to do. I said "do your job and deposit the check and give us the cash requested. With the information that was provided to you this should not take this long. You are not busy with drive thru clients at this time." At this point I was hopping mad and told her to give me the damn check and her bank cards. I also should not have but I called her a ** since she was taking her time just because she was asked to complete deposit ticket.

I will tell you that some of my frustration was her attitude towards us and having us in the drive thru for 10 minutes to deposit a check that was a little over 200.00 dollars with a small cashback request is ridiculous especially since she was clearly showing us that she was not happy with our requests and was going to make us wait because of it. My daughter had already signed the slip for her at her request. I left the drive thru and came into the bank to talk with the bank manager regarding my situation. When I walked in I was asked by ** "would you like to talk to the bank manager" and I did not even answer her when she said "I guess that is a no". The bank manager then walked up and said "are you the one that was just in the drive thru and was cursing. I see you are very upset. I would like to help you. Can we go to my office and talk."

She stated "I am going to have to ask you to leave this bank. I am the manager and I have the right to do this." I told her I was not leaving without depositing the check. She then pushed the check back to me and said "leave now." I told her I was not leaving until I have closed all 4 of my accounts and I would not be returning to Fifth Third at all. She then asked me to go to her office. I refused at first because I was trying to calm down. I then went to her office. She started to pull up the account information and once she had it up and saw how much money I was withdrawing she said "I can go ahead and cash this check as a onetime courtesy." That made me even more upset. I know I had to leave this bank before I really blew my top. When ** did this she made me feel like I was not worth her time, but when she saw I was worth more than a 200.00 check she was willing to help. This was too little too late.

I also let her know that she did not even ask why I was so upset but I told her that her teller was very rude and purposely had us wait for 10 mins because she did not want to assist with a deposit slip. She then said "ok." I told her to give me the check and cards and to go to Hell. I left this bank and went down the street to the next Fifth Third bank and received the treatment that we were used to and the courtesy of completing the deposit slip and only having to sign it for cash requested back. This took less than two minutes. The teller also gave my grandson a sucker and I grandson said "thank you" and she said "you are so welcome. Come back and see us again." She thanked us for our business and asked if she could do anything else to assist. I told her no and she said "have a good evening and thank you for using Fifth Third."

This is the service I was used to getting. I will now tell you my daughter's situation and why we really appreciated the courtesy of completing the deposit slip. In May of 2015 my daughter was diagnosed with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis. This has affected her eyes the most in the last few months. She can no longer drive and has a great deal of difficulty seeing small print. I should not have to share this information to receive courtesy that I know your bank had always provided before ** and ** showed me that my service is based on the amount of money you have at this branch.

This has put such a bad taste in my mouth about Fifth Third that I will be closing and moving my 4 accounts to another bank. I hope that you use this story to improve on the customer service as I have filed this complaint with Consumer Affairs and it looks as if you have many customers that have received poor customer service. I also just called Fifth Third Customer Service and I was told that Fifth Third does not have customer complaint line or e-mail address. I could give to her over phone and she would pass to supervisor. I asked for corporate phone number and she "we do not give this info out." WOW.

My husband had a car loan with Fifth Third Bank in Cincinnati, OH and paying the car loan diligently. We had two more years on the loan when he passed away suddenly. As his wife, I continued to pay the loan in the same manner and was a week early. I got a call from First Third and how they knew he passed is beyond my understand. They were demanding, cruel, cold and heartless! There were no condolences. They told me that according to the contract only my husband is allowed to pay monthly and I am either to pay the entire amount now, or go get another loan at "another bank." According to probate laws of Connecticut, where we live, they were not supposed to call the family of the person who took out the loan, but the estate, so they were calling us illegally. Our probate lawyer advised us to continue to pay the loan as we have been doing.

A few days after my second payment was sent, I get a letter from Fifth Third Bank telling me that as of my next payment they are adding $1.38 interest since the loan is not in my name, from now on, and again demanded that I pay the entire loan, otherwise I should be grateful they are letting me pay monthly with the extra interest and they are doing it as a courtesy.

Since my husband's death was sudden, it was also traumatic. Besides my grief, I am dealing with the stress of getting my financial affairs in order and the treatment of Fifth World Bank has exacerbated an already tumultuous time. Nothing this Company did was appropriate for the circumstances! They never once addressed the tragedy we are going through. They offered NO alternatives or explanations but all they wanted was for us to pay the full amount!!! The treatment we received was less like that of a bank, but more like that of a loan shark. Beware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fifth Third Bank?

I had the misfortune of my mortgage being sold to Fifth Third Bank. Their customer service department is atrocious. People can't wait to get you off the phone, they don't care if they have solved your problem. I was unable to register an online account without being locked out of their system. Their automated system that answers your call doesn't recognize numbers you press so you are stuck in a loop of computer operator messages. I tried to refinance my mortgage with them at one point and there was zero follow through from the agent. It was so bad the manager took over the refi process and apologized for the former agent's mishandling. I can't wait until I can refinance with another lender and get far away from this bank.

This all started 5 months ago. We received a letter from 53rd Bank to refinance a loan ($50K) we already have at a lower interest rate. It was suppose to save us about $50 a month. We said great, why not. I am retired and my wife and I work part-time for the school sub system. The only income we have is social security. The bank has given us the run around for 5 months requesting document after document that we have provided. They wanted our pay stubs from the school which we provided. Now they tell us it is in the wrong format.

I can't believe there is a problem because they are already taking the payment monthly out of our account which has never ever been late. I personally think it is a sham. The inquiries they have made has resulted in my credit score dropping from the low 800's to the mid 700"s and we have had enough. Beware of this company. My wife and I are going to cut all ties with this company soon. They requested our tax returns for 2015 and 2014 - provided. My Social Security Awards letter - provided. W-2 from my last part time job - provided. Pay stubs for my wife and myself from Charlotte Mecklenburg School System - provided. This is so strange because we already have a loan with them for $ 50,000 and the monthly payment is being deducted $288.00 a month. The new loan would have been about $240 a month. Consumers beware!

I made a large deposit Friday evening and I was aware of the hold and I spoke with Natalie the teller whom I usually go to! Yes I'm aware of the negative balance we had that because of the situation of our car no excuses. But I'm currently not working my husband is the only income right now and has been for about a year due to my medical history, I will have documents if need be for records, but as you can see every Friday there is a direct deposit so I don't understand she made me aware Friday she would let me know Monday that she would call and verify funds on the check and if it was good she would take care of the hold! She took my number and said she would let me know.

I called Monday was told she was on another call. I was told the other girl she had my info and again she would call me back. So I waited about 4:30- 5 or so. I called back, she had left for the day. I spoke to the same girl. I asked if she gave her my message she said, "I did," and sit in silence like she didn't know why she hadn't called me back. I explained my situation. She said the manager hadn't been there today. I said, "Then how come she couldn't call and at least tell me that?" So the next morning I called again. Left another message and now here it is Wednesday and I'm writing you! Ok I understand the banks draw interest on a check for how ever long they want to hold it but I'm struggling. We have been patient. My husband is doing the best he can. I'm not one of those wives who sit at home and draw a check from the government. No, I'm not getting anything. No money at all so all I'm asking is self-respect!

Needed to pay off the car, get the title, and remove my name from the asset. Time is of the essence! Logged into the account on Friday and saw a payoff amount. I decided to call and verify the amount before I made an ACH transaction. Customer Service insisted that I could not do that and I would have to travel to my bank and institute a wire transfer or send a check. I decided to pay it off through the website anyways. My payment showed as PENDING. 3 hours later I logged back in and the payment disappeared! No evidence whatsoever that I made a payment. Wrote to them through their secure mail asking what happened to the payment. No answer at all. Looked under contact us and saw that customer service was available Saturdays 8am - 5pm.

I called Saturday only to hear a recording that Customer Service was closed and only open M-F 8am - 5pm. Come Monday still no response via email. However the payment cleared and the car was paid and the account was closed. Fine. Now I NEED the title... FORGET IT! After much time on the phone they have no way to expedite a title AND they are holding it on purpose for another 10 DAYS! Money has cleared, account is closed! Furthermore after indicating I don't have a problem driving six hours to get it, I find that the title is in California!!! Fifth Third doesn't even have it and they won't tell me who does and they have no way to expedite anything even for a payment! I even offered to pay for overnight delivery.

Don't deal with these goofballs as they run a shoddy and unprofessional business that classifies you as just another FICO score! That title should have been at the Fifth Third main office in Ohio in a file... pull it, stamp it clear of lien, stick it in an envelope and ship it. Should be that simple but not with these folks! Not at all! I'm in a real pickle and they simply won't help. I will never deal with them again despite what their interest rate is. Stinkin' car finance manager got me involved with them. Go local when financing so you know where your stuff is and can get it very quick. My CU stamped my title and handed it to me the same day I paid off a car. Now I am having to investigate the legalities of Fifth Third holding my title AFTER the loan has been paid and closed. Never again Fifth Third!

I constantly have to go thru 7-16 people to get a problem solved... even something as minor as an address change. Fees are incredible. Just a terrible experience. Closed all accounts.

My 21 year old daughter recently moved to Thailand to teach. We went to our Fifth Third branch and told them she'd be out of the country for at least a year and we also added me to her account. Less than 2 weeks after she'd been in Thailand, Fifth Third placed her account on hold due to "suspicious activity" - which was her trying to use her card!! It took me 3 trips to the bank to get it resolved (and I'm still not sure it is!!!). They wouldn't let me verify anything even though I'm on the account and none of the 3 'international numbers" they gave me to give her to call worked for her. Additionally, they were not very compassionate about their mistake and it took me practically screaming to get this resolved. The tellers and managers were actually insulting in their lack of interest in resolving this matter. Will pull my accounts.

After paying an auto loan on time for over six years this bank came back the last minute, the last month that I was to make my last payment and told me I owe them an extra $600.00 on top of my last payment. They are claiming it is principal that came from deferring the loan. I already had loan extended over seven months because of the past deferments. The loan was supposed to be paid off over seven months ago. They are still saying I owe them this money, won't explain it so I can understand etc. I had to report to the Federal Reserve and my state's Banking Department. Be very careful. I am still reeling from this. Never happened to me when paying off a loan and I have paid off a few.

Fifth Third bank processed a withdrawal out of my checking account instead of my savings (taking my bank account down to -1,000 and then refused to remove the overdraft fee). When I called to request that they remove it, they informed me that they could only partially remove it because they have a cap of $74 a year in reimbursed overdraft fees (leaving a fee of $25 dollars for me to pay).

This is 3rd horrible customer service experience I've had with Fifth Third -- the last 2 times involved fraudulent charges (in Dubai of all places) on a credit card that I have with them. After 45 minutes on hold and on qualifying calls with Mike (**) and Mary (**) she refused to pass me off to a manager. When I asked for a manager's name to call back and reference she refused to give me a name because "she didn't have a reason to give me a manager name." I have 2 credit cards, a checking and savings account and direct deposit with Fifth Third and I am terminating my relationship with this bank. Fifth Third just lost a customer that's banked with them for years over $25. Way to go Fifth Third customer service.

I received a phone call from a third party collection agency. She told me I left the bank with a significant negative balance. I left the area due some very personal emergency reasons. This lady told me she was sending an agent to my house. (I know of other scams going on.) Needless to say she said they were unsuccessful yesterday. Well she says judging by my attitude I want to go to court and sit in front of a judge and wait for my jail sentence. I told her "I would call Fifth Third and take it up with them, do not call and threaten me."

She told me it was a promise, not a threat. Well I called the bank and because I do not know the phone number that was listed on my account they cannot give me any information. Well it was well over 8 years ago. She was not helpful at all and wouldn't give me the name of the collection agency they use. I don't mind paying what I owe. Since I do owe it and am older and wiser now. I left for personal reasons and am trying to pay old debts anyway. I am not happy with Fifth Third and I am not happy they will not give me the information I requested to pay off a balance that I owe. I have reported the number and I will be calling the police for unfair collections soon.

Once again I am reporting my experience with Fifth Third Bank. First I've had savings and checking previously with this bank in Ohio and later Florida. When arriving to Fl. 12 yrs. ago I came to find my Ohio savings and checking accounts were not affiliated with the Fl. branches. I had to open different accounts. What they did was deposit my Friday paycheck on the next business day, Monday. Electronic mind you. So purchases made after Fri, after they had check queued, were entered into account system BEFORE deposit was entered Monday morning. Taking it all out of chronological order. I caught on after several insufficient funds charges. They were very ungrateful deleting charges.

Then the Ohio savings account needed a balance of 300 to stay in graces. I had forgotten this, easy to do and didn't really check this account since I had Fl. accounts. They drained all the funds and kept charging me maintenance fees until I received letter stating I owed them 95 for fees on maintaining account, charging me for basically 0 balance in account for months. I went round and round. That was quite a few yrs. ago. I dropped Fifth Third like a hot potato but have a credit card balance with them. Faithfully making payments for I'm talking years now. 6-7 yrs always paying more than amount due on time. Years now mind you.

I received a call on SUNDAY... 2 days after due date on bill wanting to know if I'd made payment. Yes I did. 5-6 days before call. First the person that called me could barely SPEAK English let alone understand what I was complaining about. THE PAYMENT HAS BEEN IN THE MAIL. Evidently they said there is no grace days for late past due date, even though weekend mail at post office should be taken into consideration I feel. I asked if record showed if I'd been late on any payments on this account. The reply was NO. They have given a late payment fee for this.

This is the reason I will NEVER deal or recommend Fifth Third to anyone. I will tell the negative fee draining policies that have made Fifth Third what they are. Blood suckers. By the way my current local bank is wonderful and even forgiving if they are given the choice to be so. DO NOT DO BUSINESS at Fifth Third. You will learn. By the way I had home loans, car loans and many years business with them. I am 59 yrs. old.

I called customer service because I thought it might be quicker than logging in to obtain my payoff balance. Twenty seven minutes on hold, and 4 minutes with the representative. This is the fourth truck I financed with Fifth Third Bank in the past 6 years. All were paid in full, and I wished to do the same with this one as things are going well now and I do not want debt. I told the representative that the wait was unacceptable, way too long. She went on and on about call volume. And I told her that it creates problems and inconvenience for me and other customers, so why not fix the wait time. Not to mention the voice mail menu, what a zoo. The system did not recognize my SSN and loan number, although they were correctly entered. No longer will I do any business with this bank again.

I am a 10 year customer of 5/3, with personal checking, business checking, HO line of credit and mortgages on rental properties. I moved to North Carolina recently and put an offer on a home after being pre-approved by 5/3. On March 23rd, I sent an executed agreement to 5/3 and requested a closing of April 28th. I was told that this is very aggressive and could not guarantee the date, I told them it should be achievable if you have a good process and follow it without delay.

Now at April 25th and already pushing the date to May 9th, supposedly because of IRS verification of business returns that were sent to the bank on April 5th. I ask "why did you wait until April 4th to ask me for the returns and why wait until April 22nd to request a verification from the IRS". Obviously, no answer other than blame the IRS for shortcomings in their own processes.

When will we all stop complaining about banks that do not listen to their customers and improve? Answer depends on the consumer (us) holding them (banks) accountable by withdrawing our funds at placing them in safes in our homes. There is no interest to lose, so why not? Debit cards are convenient but nobody is really happy using them when you couple this convenience with the cost of ATM fees, low balance fees, high balance fees, dormant fees, etc.

I have been with 5/3 Bank for years. I already have a line of credit with this bank along with a checking and savings account. I called to inquire about a fixed 2nd mortgage to pay the line of credit, a credit card and for some home improvements. I spoke with Antoinette. She seemed nice and helpful at first. She would only give me information on increasing my line of credit. I told her I didn't want to increase my line of credit, and I just wanted information on the fixed interest loan. She could not even tell me what the interest rate was, much less what kind of payment I may be looking at. I knew she couldn't tell me exact rates or payments, I don't know why she couldn't give me a ballpark. She said she would talk with the loan/mortgage person and have him call and would email me the information.

Well again she only sent me the line of credit info. She took several days to call back and again acted surprised that I still wanted to get a 2nd fixed rate mortgage. Then she said the mortgage guy would call... Never heard from anyone. This all occurred over a 3 week period. So I called my other bank, Horizon. A nice lady named Helen answered all my questions, told me the interest rates and what my payment would probably be. I gave her the information she needed and within a week everything is approved and easy!!!

Not only did the ATM count a $100 deposit as only $1. Another deposit for $100 is not showing up at all on statements. My info was also changed inside the bank twice. Missing money is never good. Having money taken is even worse... I wonder if someone on the inside the bank is stealing customers’ money. Why else would they be unwilling to investigate a situation where a deposit that was made has just disappeared? Customer service seemed to want to argue rather than help. Not nice considering once they do listen they see the situation but still do nothing to help resolve the issue.

I have been a Fifth Third customer for a number of years and have Preferred Status accounts. Acting in my capacity as Power of Attorney for my 91 year old parents, I recently attempted to open a CD for them with funds from the sale of their home. Fifth Third declined the account because my parents could not appear in person to establish the account. I explained that they reside in assisted living facilities and I have full authority granted through the POA prepared by a military attorney for my parents. My dad is a retired veteran having served his country from WW II until his retirement! Account still declined. I would strongly urge any veteran to avoid doing business with Fifth Third. Their lack of respect is unconscionable!!!

My experience with Fifth Third Bank has only been since April of 2014, that's when I retired and was purchasing a house in Florida. Dawn, the Mortgaging Agent, was great, and the process was not bad at all. But part of the process to get them to give me a mortgage loan was to open a checking bank account and a savings bank account, and a credit card. Being from CA, I had never heard of a Fifth Third Bank prior to getting the mortgage loan from them. And actually thought about changing all my banking needs to them, but thought I would wait a bit and see how it goes. Well I am so glad I had that foresight! The mortgage was supposed to be a fixed rate loan, since July 2014, the amount changed four times! So I called to find out why and I was told it was due to escrow. By the fourth time my monthly payment went back up from $890.28 to $1,081.91, I decided it was time to refinance, and did so with Quicken Loans.

And refinanced enough to also pay off my credit cards. So I receive the credit card checks from the title company and get them back out the same day in the mail. One of the credit cards was Fifth Third Bank, all the checks went out on the 5th of April and all but one made it into my accounts before the week end. The one that did not and took twice as long was Fifth Third Bank payment. I called the bank and was told they had not received the payment, that I should call the issuing title company and have the payment stopped and reissued. So I told her, I would give it a few days, since the payment was not due to the 15th. So today, I checked and it finally was put into my account.

So now back to the mortgage part of it, although I had already received my statement for April back in March and the payment is not due until the 15th, I received another statement for April stating that my payment was past due and the amount due for May 1 was twice as much. However, when I checked my online account, the refinance had gone through and I had no balance due, the mortgage account was already closed. They were actually paid more than the balance due for pay off, because Quicken Loans uses the amount prior to your last payment to them for the refinance figure. By my figures and my statement from Fifth Third Bank, they were overpaid by $648.94. I wonder if I will ever see those funds.

This bank is so strange. Back in November I had a new credit card from Capital One with no interest. So when the new card was opened, an electronic transfer was made by Capital One to take $2900 of debt from my Fifth Third credit card. Well about a month later, I get both bills in the mail, the $2900 is now still on Fifth Third Card and Capital One, so now I am owing $2900 twice. I called Fifth Third, they say I give it another month, it takes at least three weeks for an electronic transfer to go through. And they also tell me to check with Capital One to see where they sent it, have them cancel it and reissue the electronic transfer. So I contacted Capital One, and was given the electronic check number and the day it was cashed by Fifth Third Bank.

So I called Fifth Third again with my information from Capital One, and they can't find it, still insisted they had not received it. It was finally worked out after two months, Fifth Third had placed that $2900 payment towards my mortgage and not towards my credit card! What banking institute does that? As far as I am concerned, this is a third world bank! They are extremely antiquated! Now that my house has been refinanced, and the credit card is now showing a minus balance of $11, I'll be closing out my savings and checking account. I do not trust this so called bank, by far the worst financial institute I have ever dealt with. This bank deserves a class action suit, and then be put out of business!

I would not work with Fifth Third Bank anymore with banking or Home loan, due to all the issues with company running Consumer reports on me without my knowledge or consent. The change interest rates on Home Equity Flexline when I have locked down the interest rate. They also place blocks on the accounts without telling or informing me.

Fifth Third's fraud department has got to be the biggest joke I've ever seen. A number of times over the years they've locked up my card for no reason, yet when there was an actual problem they didn't catch it - I did. When Fifth Third took over the First Union I was a member of at first things weren't that bad. But over time they've gotten rid of the good employees except for one, and replaced all of the rest with bad ones. Not just the tellers but the ones working in the offices.

My debt card got eaten up by an ATM one Saturday night. The next Monday I went to get a new card ordered, as well as get a ATM card to help me out until I got my new card. The bank wasn't that busy at the time, and I waited in a chair of one of the offices that a blonde woman was in. After about ten minutes of waiting for her to get off the phone she comes out and asks how she could help me. After telling her what I needed she passes me off to someone else, before going back into her office and shutting the door.

The guy she passed me off to didn't halfway know what he was doing, and didn't set the right pen for the card. When I went outside to the ATM to use it it got locked up, and I had to go back inside. I had to wait another ten minutes for someone else to help me and fix the other guy's screw up. I know the lady could have helped me because she's done it for a friend of mine, but for some reason just didn't seem to be in the mood to help me.

I tried to reactivate my Netflix membership tonight but my card got declined. I got a text from the fraud department asking if I had just tried to charge the amount to my card. I texted back yes and they texted back that the issue had been resolved. I tried again but it still didn't go though. I decided to wait a little bit and when I tried again but still no luck. Fifth Third has really gone downhill and I'm tired of their BS. I'm going to my local branch tomorrow and closing my accounts. I don't care if they don't like it. I'm tired of them.

An account was opened for my son's youth baseball team to hold funds raised for their upcoming trip to Cooperstown. Since the league is a registered not-for-profit organization, the bank stated there would not be any fees assessed on this account. Usually the league uses a different bank, but since my personal accounts are held at this bank, I figured it would be easier to manage the account at this bank also; what a mistake! While the community has been very generous in supporting the team, the bank has begun to fleece the account. There have been some charges for cashier's checks to which I have no objection. The issue I have is with the charges for CASH DEPOSITS. It's a bank!

I actually saw something online regarding charges to some accounts for daily deposits in excess of $5,000 several months before I made any large deposits. I tried to contact my local branch, but could only find the number for 5/3 customer service. I called and inquired about the fee I had seen online and asked if it pertained to the account I had opened. The rep said no, the bank doesn't charge for cash deposits. I had never heard of such a thing (I thought possibly for deposits in excess of $10,000 since there is additional reporting requirements), but never imagined the banks had gotten to the point that they would charge for depositing money.

After I saw a charge of approximately $15 for cash deposits, I visited the bank and asked the business banking teller if she knew what caused this fee. She stated she had no idea and suggested I speak with a banker. She kind of laughed and said "there must be a mistake, we don't charge for deposits." Well the banker I met with said that it was not a mistake. When I told him I had actually spoken with a 5/3 rep BEFORE I made any deposits and was assured there was no such thing and even the teller in his branch did not know about the fee he only responded they will need to notify the tellers and he wish he knew whom I had spoken with so he could let him know also. He also said all the banks charge for cash deposits. I stated I deal with several banks (as an accountant) and I have never seen anything about charges for cash deposits.

He responded that they have the charge, but "they just might not tell you" and I stated, "just like your bank did"; he kind of shook his head yes, apparently not getting my point. I asked to have the fee reversed since I would have made two deposits on different days to avoid the fee if I had known, and he said I would need to speak with the manager, but he was in a meeting. He took my phone number and made a point of stating I would receive a call that day. Surprise, surprise, no phone call. I visited the bank a week later and spoke with the same banker. There was now another charge to the account. Of course the manager was not available, but he gave me the number for the assistant manager and said I could contact him; the manager was not in the bank and the assistant was in a meeting.

I called the assistant manager and left a message, but once again, I did not receive a call. Please note, I never lost my temper or acted in any way which should have prompted such poor customer service. I believe such fees are ridiculous and the bank should stand by the word of its employees. Apparently, they have no intention of reversing the fees and I will need to close my accounts at this bank. I intend to notify the parents of other players in our league if I do not receive a call and hopefully they will choose a different financial institution. The bottom line is you cannot trust what Fifth Third Bank tells you. They definitely are not a community bank.

Had made a purchase at Vic Secrets back in early December of 2015. I used my debit card and returned the item because of the fit of the merchandise. I didn't get my money back within a week so I called the store. They gave me confirmation codes and numbers and dates as to when they refunded my money to my bank. I call Fifth Third's and they said if they got the money they would have given me my money back. I filed a dispute. It's now middle of March and nothing has been given back. I call and they say it's "still in process". It's $50 I am waiting on. Thank God it's not more! They are quick to fee you and charge you an overdraft you and ding you. Just poor customer service.

I waited half an hour to talk to a rep, about unrecognized charges on my credit card. Although he took my phone number, he did not call back when we were disconnected. I called back to find out that it is now "after hours". I am guessing we were disconnected because it was "after hours". Net result - I have lost time, and nothing is resolved. They are an awful customer service.

I went into the branch in Atlanta on Peachtree Street. No teller was upfront. This was my second visit for the day. Someone walked up and said someone will be with you shortly. I was unsure which station to stand in front of. No one came until another gentleman came into the bank of another race. Then all of a sudden someone came rushing from the back, went straight to him and didn't even acknowledge me, when I had been there about 15 min. prior to him. Which I felt was too long. However, I thought they were assisting someone in the back so, that was ok. However, no one was in front of the bank. I was standing there with a large amount of cash in my hand to make a simple deposit and I didn't feel safe either. I mentioned it to the teller and she was the least bit concerned about my concern and told me that she was just doing what the other lady told her to do, with a whatever attitude.

Besides, when I came in there the first time, they (two tellers) were carrying on a full conversation about throwing shade about one of their winter coats. Very unprofessional. I asked if I could change a password and was told no I had to call. This was ok and she wasn't that unpleasant, but all the playing with the other teller and not being focus was just a problem. Especially when I also bank with Georgia's own credit Union which happens to be about approximately less than 100 steps away from their front door. And I get excellent customer service and a cup of fresh coffee every time I enter the building, yet alone someone always, always on the teller line. Never a ghost town in there. I felt like taking my money out of this bank. And if I had the time I had wasted in there and not had to go back to work, I would have and I am still contemplating doing if this bank don't start appreciating their customer over the phone and in the branches.

I have an auto loan with 5/3 bank. I have difficulty navigating their website to make a payment. No buttons direct you to make a payment. Nothing saying auto loan here. I have had to call several times to get assistance. They want you to have to call in to make payment because there is a fee associated with paying by phone. And by the way, they are only open office hours when I am at work and not able to handle personal business. Get into the 21st Century. Any other bill I dial or click and it's done. It shouldn't take me an hour to figure out how to pay my bill every month. And of course, there is nothing on their website to contact them to make a complaint so I'm making it here.

Due to a layoff, I have gotten behind on a 5/3 Bank Loan. I have been called every day for the last 10 days and been spoken to "roughly" by aggressive collections agents. Finally, I registered a "do not contact/cease and desist" order, and the calls have stopped. For the first 3 times, each day I calmly described my situation to these anal orifices, and promised payment in full upon receipt of my tax return. Based on this experience, I could not recommend 5/3 Bank to anyone for anything, especially secured loans of any kind. I can only imagine how they treat unsecured loan customers - probably send out Bubba and Guido to break legs.

I was contacted by a Fifth-Third banker who encouraged me to apply for a small loan. The banker was aware I am a small business owner and presented paid invoices as support I could pay the loan. Although I had good credit, I was denied because the paid invoices were not considered "acceptable" proof of income as a "self-employed" person. I emailed the CEO about the discrepancy since Fifth-Third initiated the contact and loan application, but the secretary would only respond to me by phone. The secretary told me they would research the matter as well as research products; but after 30 days had passed and no updates from Fifth-Third bank, I asked the secretary to delete the inquiry from my credit report and close my account since the bank initiated contact for the loan. The secretary responded they would not be able to delete the inquiry. Fifth-Third bank does not support small business owners.