Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Fifth Third Bank Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Each and every transaction is handled with TLC - they go out of their way to make you feel appreciated. If there is a question with a transaction - they will go over it with you. Again - you are a valued customer ---not just an acct. number.

Original review: July 30, 2019

All aspects are easy to use. I enjoy talking to customer service because they are so helpful and are able to answer my questions and help me set up my account. I had trouble setting up my account. Online banking is faster and easy to use. I like being able to use it anywhere. I can get my balance 24/7.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Everything was great. The staff was very professional and did their best I believe. I guess the interest rate was a fair rate. The financial gentleman was very nice as was our salesman. We really appreciate their help.

Original review: May 12, 2019

What can I say, they are the best I have worked with in the last 52 years of buying or building homes. Fair, honest, considerate customer service. They bought my mortgage and I am certainly glad they did.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I am starting to think 5/3 Bank is on its way out of business. They provided an incorrect 1098 Tax Form in January and their response to my inquiry did not include the corrected 1098 needed. It included only 1098 forms which didn't have issues and monthly statements from the loan for which they provided the incorrect 1098 form. How hard can it be to provide a 1098 with the correct property taxes paid? In addition to the 1098 form problems, 5/3 closed their branch in the town where I live and expect me to travel an additional 12 miles to bank with them. Also, their web site has been having issues for the last month or so. I tried logging in tonight to pay some bills and the site cannot be accessed (2/22/2020 @9:00 PM). I had similar issues trying to pay bills last month. If they can't get legal tax documents correct, they are closing branches and their website is erratically available will they be around much longer?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fifth Third Bank?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I would give them 0 stars if I could. I opened an account over 60 days ago expressly to make a balance transfer. I have done this many times in the past with other credit cards and the balance transfer is immediate. Two months later still no balance transfer by Fifth Third Bank. I have called several times. One person informed me that they lost the address for Chase so they couldn't make the transfer. I really think this is some sort of scam by Fifth Third Bank as I can't see how a bank can be so incompetent. There are so many other balance transfer credit cards. AVOID making a balance transfer using Fifth Third Bank. Terrible service.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Will not call me back. I called him 5 times in 5 days, the problem is they sent me a 1099r tax foam with me not withdrawal any money. I called the customer service. No help. They keep telling me to call the branch manager. I did that I'm waiting for him to call 5 days now. Branch manager name is Andrew **. Seminole FL,

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

We recently refinanced our loan with another lender and called these guys to find out about getting our money back that they hold in the escrow account. So apparently they don’t even start processing the paperwork for 14 days after the loan is closed. Why? Then it takes them another 10 days to send the closed letter out to us. Why? Then it takes another 10 days after the letter is mailed (who knows when they mail it) to send the check out which can take 7-20 days for delivery!!! This is absolutely insane! Over a month to get our money back from them, so they can earn interest on our money. Cheats!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I came in to open a rep payee account for 2 individuals in which we are responsible for 24/7. I already have an account here for another individual, and it was difficult but nothing like this! Rachael ** who is a teller there should not be allowed to work for a bank. She set up the accounts 4 separate times, and each time it was wrong. A supervisor (who was really great) came in to assist Rachael who still doesn’t understand what she is doing. Her attitude was rude and she was short with me (who literally was just giving her every document she asked for) and kept repeating she’s confused.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I am taking time out of an extremely busy day because I am so incensed with my experience with this bank. From the process to approving a line of credit to the closing where the representative had very little to no training to the lack of training TO the general pronunciation of the English language. I will avoid contacting or doing anything with this bank if at all necessary. I just spent 13 minutes for someone to answer the phone not have the ability to answer my question and transfer me to another department where I held another 5 minutes before hanging up. It's a wonder that they havent gone out of business. This is a extremely poor run company. I am trying very hard not to use expletives during this review to be taken seriously but THIS IS THE WORST BANKING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.

Not sure about Fifth Third Bank?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mortgage company for you.

Fifth Third Bank Company Information