Fifth Third Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Fifth Third Bank, Wabash Ave. Terre Haute, IN - Not sure who the gentleman is that works inside the branch... but every time I come into the bank and he is the one waiting on me, he has to give me push back about cashing a payroll check. He even said loudly, with the bank full of people that there wasn't enough funds to cover the check and that he couldn't give me any money back because of that. I would have to go to the ATM after I was finished depositing it with him. REALLY? He couldn't just take care of my transaction right then? I finally said to him... "no, I am not going to do this with you, then turn around and go to an ATM machine, you need to give me cash back while I'm "in" here with you". Then I told him, I'm really getting upset due to every time I come in here, he gives me push back.

Last time it had something to do with my address didn't match my ID. But they opened the account with that ID like that. Anyway, my point... this guy has no business working in customer service and treating customers this way. For him to yell out what I had in my account was unacceptable period. For him to try to make me go to the ATM to withdraw money was ridiculous. I'm just not happy with the service there. I will say in spite of my negative review, the ladies there are very professional and have never given me any trouble. I'm still deciding whether to take my business elsewhere.

Recently when I called to make a payment I was told my required payment was $50.00 more than I expected. When I inquired as to why I was told it was because the interest rate had gone up by .25 percent. When I finally received my statement in the mail I learned what the extra $50.00 was for. Fifth Third is now charging a annual fee for the use of your line of credit. I wouldn't mind that if I actually had access to my line of credit but I've asked twice to be sent a replacement credit card with no luck. Apparently they can't even handle that.

I received a postcard in the mail for Fifth Third Bank to prompt residents to open an account and a 300.00 incentive will be deposited after the account is open with at least a 100.00 direct deposit within 5 days of the qualifying deposit. This was an incentive to try them out. But by the way this has been handled there is NO way we will bank with them. We went in and opened the account with a banker in the University area and immediately there was a problem with the banker entering the code and pin that was on the postcard but we were assured everything would be worked out by the time our direct deposit comes in.

The next week our deposit went in with more than was required. I called the banker several times and was told give it a few days because the District Manager had to handle it. After 3 weeks had passed I was told his Branch Manager was working on the issue. Another week pass and I finally talk to the Branch Manger and was told they are at the mercy of the District Manager and he has not responded to them, I was also told that it's within the 6-8 weeks processing time so we should be still good. Well I had to inform her that on the fine print of the card that the Banker has it stated the 5 day incentive deposit, of which she was not aware of but she said she will call me. It's now been more than 6 weeks and no response not even a call to say we're working on it. We will be stopping the direct deposit and closing the account today.

I have been banking with Fifth Third Bank for the past eight years. During this time, Fifth Third has benefited from my deposits in excess of $700,000. I have found their numerous locations to be very convenient and, until recently, had no major issues with my banking experience. This past week, I saw that a scheduled ACH draft would leave me insufficient of funds. I went to a local branch four days prior to the scheduled draft and placed a stop payment. The bank representative was helpful and placed a stop payment waiving the customary fee. I was not informed that stop payments are not guaranteed. The amount entered by the bank representative was off by one cent. Because of this the draft went through and my account was debited. I was charged a $12 overdraft fee and funds were drawn on my bank credit card to cover the overdraft.

I went in person to the bank and spoke with two customer representatives including one supervisor who all told me they could waive the overdraft fee but I would have to file a dispute on the ACH draft which was also not guaranteed and would take more of my time to resolve. They were leaving it up to me to take care of and made no offer to help on my behalf. My wife and I have opened a new account at a local bank and are closing our accounts with Fifth Third. Based on this experience and a series of frustrating interactions regarding a simple name change from our recent marriage, my wife and I both recommend NOT doing business with Fifth Third Bank.

Rude tellers and managers. 35 years with 53 and I watched their standards go to the (we make all the rules) attitude. They allow tellers to make nasty comments on their screens if they don't like you. They shut down a account because I told a teller to shut up and stop being so annoying. This account had over 2 million dollars pass through it a year. Horrible people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fifth Third Bank?

I financed a vehicle in December of 2014 at a Ford dealership in PA. My lender picked by the dealership was Fifth Third Bank. I have never been involved with this branch so I didn't know what I was going to deal with. I moved from PA to Nebraska in 2016. This is when I first started to realize the bank was going to be difficult to deal with. In order to register my vehicle in NE I had to call the bank and get them to send the title over to DMV of NE. The only number available I was directed to a very stubborn and ignorant lady who had no intention of helping me! Long story short it took me a week of numerous attempts and call transfers to finally get someone that can help send the title over which by the way took a month to mail out. That was not the bad part! I decided to put that experience behind me and continue forward!

However recently... I dealt with a very upsetting and deceiving matter! In the near future I have vacation planned with my wife and kids to travel in our vehicle to Mexico. I did some research and asked friends who have traveled to Mexico and all said the same thing... in order to travel in a financed vehicle you would need a permission letter from the Lender (Fifth Third Bank). All the people I asked had no issue with getting a permission letter from their lender as long as there was notice with time in advance and Mexico insurance was provided! So I followed the process accordingly, I purchased the Mexico insurance 2 months in advanced for the dates that I would be in Mexico with 2 days extra for precautionary measure. After I purchased the insurance I called Fifth Third Bank to request a permission letter. Immediately I was denied, so I asked to speak with a supervisor.

I was very detailed of my intentions, places and dates to travel, They refused! I reminded them how long I've owned the vehicle and that I have not been late or missed one payment in the 2+ years I've had that vehicle, still they refused! I felt cheated, betrayed and insulted! The reason they say they will not issue the letter was they insinuated I was going to leave the country and stop paying for the vehicle! When the supervisor said that, I continued to try and reason with him by informing him that I have no interest to leave this country. I have a great job, I have my Home, kids go to a great school! The only intention I have in Mexico is to visit for a 2 week vacation! Yet they still refused.

How is it fair, how is this right! Is this even legal? To restrict me from driving my vehicle to my desired location??? Why should I pay for a vehicle that has restrictions of driving! Other banks allow it with notice and purchase of separate insurance but Fifth Third Bank refused! 1st of all, Now I am looking for legal advice to address this matter and I am certainly determined to get this corrected no matter the cost! 2nd I will be looking to refinance with another bank so I will never have to deal with this Bank Again!!!

Do not trust your money with this bank. A criminal got a hold of my check, altered it with their name & cashed it for thousands of dollars. I only had couple hundred dollars in bank but Fifth Third decided it was in my best interest to clear the check throwing me into an overdraft situation. Upon noticing the overdraft, realized the fraudulent check was presented and cashed by bank. I made calls to local branch and the dispute department and a complaint was filed. After receiving no further information I continued to call only to find out the bank had filed the fraud incorrectly. I went back to local branch & started paperwork again, signed affidavits, etc. and was told should have my money back in 7-10 days. Been waiting 60+ days and no money back yet. Most recently been told it may be 120 days.

No one at Fifth Third has apologized to me for cashing this check that was clearly altered. No one has returned a phone call from local branch or local management yet. Sent email to President's Office, they called & said they would be in touch with 5-7 days. You got it, no call. I have changed banks after 10 years of service. Never use Fifth Third Bank. Horrible customer service. Rude management. No explanation has to how this could happen with an altered check. Eyes should have been on the check. They rarely have a line but want to rush you through so they can get back to office luncheon, personal calls, etc. Turn and run from Fifth Third. They do NOT have your back.

My experience with Fifth Third Bank is an interesting one. Back in November of 2016, I applied for a personal loan with the bank. Although I was denied because of DTI (debt to income), I was told that once my income increased, then there was a possibility I would be approved. So, I returned six months later with a 30,000.00 salary increase (got promoted to Assistant professor)... I still got denied. I was told by Mrs. **... because the original checking account has closed back in November I would need 1,000.00 to be considered. Then I was told I had a delinquency on my credit which was totally false because I called all three bureaus... Spoke to TransUnion and was told I have NO delinquencies on my report.

Finally, I was told that although my new salary starts on July 1, 2017, it could be used for the loan. But, Mrs. ** stated that the bank needed see that amount coming out... but that's not what we discussed previously. Oh well... just awful experience... I guess it was a true sign to get the hell away from that company. Especially after reading the feedback here on the bank.

I've been banking with Fifth Third for 7 years now and have had so many bad experiences with them it's not even funny. The only reason I'm still with them is because I travel so much it's extremely difficult to go through the motions of changing banks. Today was the final straw. First off, this bank will fee you to death. ATM fees, monthly fees, overdraft fees and more. Yeah every bank has these, but they advertise free checking and free ATMs. I've never seen the free checking and they have no readily available ATMs anywhere except the bank itself which is nowhere near my house or job.

Today they charged me an overdraft fee while I still had money in the bank. Their reasoning? This charge came in before a check cleared. The check cleared the same "business" day that the charge came in on. But the charge came in before the check cleared. I was under the impression that as long as the money was there before close of business then you're fine. Nope! At least not according to Customer service. Most banks have 24 hour forgiveness and these guys don't even have same day forgiveness.

Not only that, I've had checks held for ridiculous reasons. One reason was because I overdrafted at Christmas time. So they held my first payroll check after Christmas. They tried to hold it for 30 days because (their reasoning), I had overdrafted at some point 30 days prior. I had to go into the branch and raise hell to get them to release the funds!

Another issue I had was they kept freezing my account while I was traveling. Even when I notified them prior to travel. I travel for a living. And I begged them so many times to call me before they froze my account. I still have never received a phone call. I had to travel overseas for work and notified them 3 times before I left when, where, and how long I would be gone. I verified the information before I left and they said I was fine. They froze my account the first day I was across seas and I spent a week in Spain without a dime to my name before I could get someone to make an international phone call to get it fixed. Ridiculous! I have so many other issues. Their fraud department is ridiculous too. My card got hacked at Christmas time and I had to figure it out and get it fixed. This bank is a joke. Do not bank here.

I was a co-signer on a 2nd Mortgage on a property that was sold in a short sale almost 4 years ago. The 2nd Mortgage was restructured into an unsecured loan which I am still currently paying on. 5/3rd is reporting it as a short sale, which is incorrect. I have sent a dispute letter to the 3 major credit reporting agencies, and 5/3rd still will not change the way they are reporting this loan. Again, I'm still currently paying on it.

This bank is a joke!!! They are HORRIBLE and rude! They are condescending and do not work with customers. I would NEVER recommend this bank to anyone! Trying to pay my bill is like jumping through hoops every month. Always problems with the online system! They charge fees for everything! I avoid having to deal with them at all costs! I dread my car loan payment due date because I know every time I have to pay it, it will be headache. HORRIBLE customer service! DO NOT GET CAUGHT UP WITH THIS POORLY MANAGED BANK!!!

OK, so... in my experience, Fifth Third is the worst bank ever. I have had countless issues caused by their complete lack of concern unless it involves a threat to them receiving funds. Some of those instances include the teller keying in the amount of my cash deposit wrong, and putting my account $6000 in the negative the week before closing on my home. Refusing to fix it immediately and forcing me to wait 5-7 business days for it to "fall off"... Allowing someone to make a fraudulent charge of several hundred dollars on my NOT YET ACTIVATED CARD in TEXAS, not notifying me until AFTER APPROVING the charge, then forcing me to wait 5-7 days to reverse the charge. The solution they gave me was to sync my accounts with overdraft protection to transfer money to my checking from savings so I would not be in the negative... I suppose so a thief would have access to ALL of my money, not just some.

BTW, never received an explanation as to HOW this happened... And most recently a transaction that was not authorized by PayPal was magically posted to my account (not pending, POSTED) although neither PayPal or the merchant ever received funds. Fifth Third literally has a couple hundred of MY dollars floating in space and has calmly told me it will take 60-120 to investigate, even though PayPal can literally call them RIGHT NOW to resolve the dispute. They refuse to correct it this way. There have been countless other incidence of mismanagement and a sheer lack of concern for how any of these things are impacting me financially from this bank. I will be closing my account after my 60-90 day investigation is completed, and I advise if you have not banked with them, PLEASE DON'T. I bet they will not lose the monthly fee they deduct from my account like clockwork... as if it's earned.

The absolute worst customer service quality I have ever experienced. I typically am not the type of person to complain but this bank has horrible customer service. They are rude for absolutely no reason and are love to hang up on you. I had mailed a payment that for some reason they hadn't received so they proceeded to call me on Sunday morning at 8:14 am to inform me of the problem, which was fine but then after hanging up they proceeded to call back 4 times within a 2 hour period and when I explained that I had already talked to someone they straight hung up on me.

The next morning I started receiving calls again and once again I talked to someone who admitted that I've never missed or been late on a payment so that is why they keep blowing up my phone. I offered to go ahead and pay over the phone and just cancel the check I sent until they informed me there was a $15 fee to pay by phone because you have to make the payment with a person and not through an automated system. I just started laughing and said, "Never mind, I will give my check a few more days to reach ya'll." Also found out that the extra money I send EVERY month over the past 5 1/2 years has been applied to the interest rate and not the principal. That's frustrating all on its own. Needless to say... NEVER NEVER NEVER again will I get a loan through Fifth Third Bank, too unprofessional for my business!!!

Not only is it very difficult to get an actual person on the phone. The website is not intuitive. I have had an auto loan with 5th/3rd for 5 years. I asked Olivia, an employee for the name of her supervisor. I was told he wasn't in. 3 minutes later Josh (the supervisor) got on the phone. I asked Josh the name of his supervisor and instead of answering a simple question he restated a policy and hung up on me. I suggest that the heads of this bank go through their own process to see how ridiculous it is and maybe teach your staff some customer service.

Where I work we have a direct deposit option which I signed up for. My problem is others here where I work also have direct deposits in their banks. Well on Tuesdays, my coworkers can show me their deposits which aren't available for them to use until Wednesdays each week. 53rd doesn't even show my deposits until Thursdays. Last week I had an electronic withdraw taken out late Wednesday which didn't show in my pending at 1pm that day. I had cash in my wallet and could of made a run to the bank. I was charged an overdraft on that withdraw, when my co-workers can use their check on the same day. I feel 53rd had my money in one hand and pushed an electronic withdraw through with the other hand to charge me fees.

I have called the service department to complain only to find myself being told there is nothing they can do. It takes time for the electronic deposits to be posted, but electronic withdraws go right through with no delay. It is kinda underhanded as far as I am concerned. I suppose if a gambler in the old west acted like this they would have been shot under the table. I will find a new bank. Got me once, won't get me again.

I have had to deal with overdraft fees from this institution that I have been attempted to pay off for over a month, and they are applying repeat fees. They have charged me over $260 in fees for the same $3.49 transaction.

I have had one too many bad experiences with this bank. I've been with them for approximately 4 years now and all I have are complaints and I feel very under appreciated. I know that I could bank with them for 30 years and they still wouldn't value me. They do not do anything for their customers and there's no such thing as a loyal customer here. They will make you feel in position to them rather than them in position to help you. The Tellers at the branches are usually very nice just like every other bank but that's the only nice thing I can say. If you ever really need anything outside of banking per usual you're SOL. This company does not value their customers.

My wife and I have had a horrible experience with Fifth Third Bank. I would stay as far away from this bank as possible. The customer service is terrible and they tell you one thing and do another. They have taken unauthorized charges from my bank account, with direct deposit, on a car loan. They owe me and my wife over $650 dollars and have gone MIA. We will be reporting to BBB and anyone else we can think of. I would never do business with this bank and hope others stay away.

I have 2 mortgages with Fifth Third and last year 2016 they screwed my monthly mortgage up twice which affected my credit score. I made multiple calls and months later it took going to the president's office to get them to fix the mess. My insurance was about to be cancelled due to not being paid by Fifth Third. Now in 2017 I made a mistake on my payment and I shorted my payment by $2.00. I was notified I was short so I paid the $2.00 shortage over the phone. Well my $2.00 did not get applied so I got hit with a 30 day late which hurt my credit. Fifth Third will not take care of this latest issue. Very very disappointed, I feel like I'm in prison to Fifth Third.

Despite getting my PMI removed by paying down my principal, I was charged 3 PMI payments. Despite talking to a) a supervisor who promised to get back to me within the day - it is over 10 days, b) leaving multiple messages for the escrow supervisor who helped fix the bank's error when I made the principal, and 3) leaving a message for another supervisor. I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING FROM ANYONE. So, I filed a complaint with the consumer finance protection agency and will file a complaint with BBB and any other organization I can find until I get a response. Oh, and by the way, I have had my mortgage with them for 7 years with a perfect payment record. Nice way to treat your customers!

Customer Service is non existent. I have been a long-time customer at this bank and needed little to no customer service for approximately 10 years. The moment I did need help with something every customer service person I spoke with transferred me to someone else and was ultimately unable to help find a solution to the problem that I was having. I closed my Fifth Third bank account and would recommend this company to no one ever.

What I thought was good service at first turned out to be a nightmare 6 months later. Gricel assured me multiple times that my gap insurance would automatically carry over from my original loan to the new loan. She sounded like she knew what she was talking about and said she wasn't new to the business. Fast forward 6 months later, my car gets stolen from in front of my house while I was on vacation. I submit a claim, Allstate of course doesn't cover 100%. Difference should be covered by gap right? That's if it transferred over as Gricel stated multiple times.

I brought it up to upper management, and while her manager Remi admitted that they messed up to me after he spoke with her, once corporate interviewed her, she denied everything to cover her unprofessional self. Now I am paying off the remainder of the loan (thousands), for a car I no longer have, all after they told me to pound sand. They will surely get you a loan. They will surely lie to you to get your business and they sure as hell will not fix what they messed up, even after they admit to it. All I got from this was a headache, and a car note which all could have been avoided if Gricel didn't lie to me to open another loan account.

I have been a customer of Fifth Third Bank for about 2 years now. I must say they have treated me professionally and I have never had a problem with them. I have many accounts with them and their online banking system is excellent for sure. One thing I must point out that Fifth Third Bank has an excellent security department for sure and all of my accounts are extremely safe, secure and protected. I highly recommend them for sure as they are again a great bank to deal with and do banking business with. 5 Star rating for sure!

When I first acquired my auto loan with 5/3 Bank (3/2015), there was no online option to make my payment, so they gave me a payment book. Not a big deal, but I thought it was strange for 2015. A couple of months ago, I found out that I was, in fact, able to pay my bill online. So I contact Customer Service to set this up, and I am so excited about not sending an actual paper check, that I throw away my payment book.

I am very diligent in recording my usernames and passwords for all of my accounts into an Excel spreadsheet, so once I get these items established for my 5/3 Bank account, I add them to said spreadsheet. Now, I can't log into my 5/3 auto loan account because I am using the incorrect username and password, which I know I am not, but their website has room to be desired. I am currently on hold with Customer Service, and have been for 23 minutes. WORST WEBSITE EVER EVER, EVER! I am seriously considering refinancing my automobile with another company just so I don't have to deal with this company any longer.

1st to start off the over drafting totaling -$1499.00. I deposit a check on Sat. at closing. And then make a deposit on moblie app. Sunday. Keep in mind the standard Banks want release funds for 5 business days. So they release funds Monday then after they cash that check, they then put my account in overdraft, charge me 111.00 then deposit my check, which now they have set me up for them over drafting me 999.00. Got direct deposit and they put my check towards their fees. I have NO money now for 2 more weeks and my account is still 810.00 overdrawn. Have NO money for food, gas, car payment.

The crazy thing is I check my account all the time and when I went to sleep I was positive 645.00 and then I was overdrawn 1047.00. Customer service talks to you like you're stupid. I told the lady I'm not stupid. These charges are not in the order with my deposits. These were post in an order to get the bank as many overdrafts as possible. They pay millions for computer software to rip off customers when their bank account gets lowest. They move the day around to post so they can hit you with fees. I have never overdrawn this account in a year and half and this is bad business. STAY AWAY FROM FIFTH THIRD BANK.

I would like to take a moment to share my story with you... I have been banking with 5/3 for ~15 years. On Friday 2/17/17, my husband and I had our checks directly deposited, as we have for many, many years. I proceeded to pay or monthly bills, as I normally do. I realized that I needed to transfer money to the account to ensure all the payments were covered, as well as a little additional to cover living expenses for the next two weeks.

While I was in the process of transferring money from my mobile account, my boss called me panicked as a new piece of equipment was malfunctioning and she was hoping I could help to resolve it. I ended up being on the phone with her while my husband drove us to the office to help fix the malfunctioning equipment. During this (emergency) situation, I completely forgot to complete the transfer of the funds.

On Tuesday, all of the payments that I had made on Friday settled and my account ended up short and in the negative at (677). Lucky for me, early that morning around 7 am, I was making a purchase online for my mother and consequently, was declined. Knowing that I had money in my account, I logged on and was shocked to see that my balance was negative.

It hit me like a ton of bricks. I instantly realized what had happened and moved enough money into the account, as well as ~300 additional. I called the customer service line and told the agent what was going on. She informed me at the time that I had incurred a $370 overdraft fee. She told me additionally that there was nothing she could do to reverse any of the charges because in March of 2016 I had some charges reversed.

I do recall having charges reversed in March of 2016, but honestly cannot recall why I had asked for that. I am certain that if I had asked, it was because I truly needed it and had "bounced" my account accidentally, not maliciously. It is easy to look through my 15+ years of being a customer that I do not make a habit out of overdrafting my account, nor are we irresponsible. We are quite the opposite. We pride ourselves in living within our means. We help others as much as we can and both volunteer our time and services to many charitable endeavors.

When I called the CS line, the gal told me that there was nothing they could do. I asked to speak to someone else and she suggested calling my home branch. In addition, she suggested talking with another department that could possibly help. She transferred me to the credit card fraud department. After another 22 minutes on hold, I found out that was not the correct department and was transferred to another department. After being on hold for an additional 13 minutes, I was told that I had been transferred to the mortgage department which clearly could not help me. I gave up with the customer service line.

I waited until 10 am and called my home branch. I spoke with a manager and explained my situation. "Jessica" told me that she did not even see a fee assessed for my account and that there was nothing she could do for me, even if there was a fee because I had used my "courtesy" reversal already for the year. I told her that I would contact her again the following day if/when the fee posted. Instead of driving to my home branch (which is about 30 minutes my home as we moved over the last 15 years) I visited the branch that is 5 minutes from my home. I asked to speak with a manager and was given an opportunity to explain my situation.

After listening, the manager left the office to consult with her superior. Please keep in mind that I was not asking for the entire $370 reversed. I asked if they would honor the upcoming policy change (taking place in May 2017) that the amount of daily overdraft charges would cap at 5 versus the current cap of 10. He informed her that "there is nothing we can do". I did my best to keep my composure, but I will admit that I was angry, hurt and felt extremely betrayed and dehumanized. I asked the manager the following questions, which her reply each time was either, "I don't make the policies" or "I do not know why that is the policy"...

Why has 5/3 decided to change their policy from a 10 OD cap to a 5 OD cap? She was not aware of the change (which is right on their website). I asked if it could be because their current cap is so far out of the norm when compared to other banking institutions? As I researched, I found that most other banks cap OD's at 5. I believe I saw one other bank that capped OD's at 6...but not one single bank capped at higher than 6, at not according to the research that I did. I believe 5/3 has realized that industry "best practices" dictates they align their policies with other industry leaders.

Why is it 5/3 policy to settle debits starting with the highest charge versus the lowest charge or by presenting debits in chronological order in which they came in? The bank manager stated that she does not make the policies. I read many articles speaking to this practice. It is clear that banks who settle the largest debits first do this because it is their best interests. In my case, 17 items ranging from $139 to ~$4 were overdrafted. If they debits had been applied from smallest transaction to largest (which benefits the customer far more) I would have only "bounced" two items, not 17. Many banks choose an unbiased approach, which means debits are settled chronologically, as they were made.

I asked the manager if she felt that $370 was a fitting penalty for someone who had overdrafted their account by (677) for a mere couple of hours ON ACCIDENT and then remedied it as soon as she knew it was an issue, even before THE BANK knew it was an issue. She declined to answer but continued to shake her head at me and tell me that there is nothing she could do for me.

I feel exploited. I feel like I was legally robbed. I feel that the partnership that I have had with this entity has been abused and that I have been shown that my loyalty and partnership with them are meaningless. My last words to the manager, as I abruptly stood up and exited her office, after she told me for the last time that "there is nothing she can do" were, "Of course not. I am asking a machine to do a human's job". I then took the money that I borrowed from my mother who is disabled and lives on a fixed government income) to the teller and deposited in order to get my account out of the red. My husband and I are normal, middle classed, blue collared people. We often live paycheck to paycheck. We are honest and we pay our bills. We live within our means. I find it very difficult to believe that 5/3's policies are dictated by a computer system that does not allow for human intervention.

This company who boasts its billions in net revenue annually, cannot see it in their hearts to help out a partner of 15 years in a way that means everything to them in the moment. I am ashamed to have such an inhumane partnership and will be working my way out of this "relationship" immediately. I am not only disappointed, but I feel absolutely exploited. I am sickened mentally and emotionally. I would never treat a human the way my family has been treated. It is despicable.

I'm so disappointed by the way I got treated by the customer service representative. Even though I choose this bank for loan. As soon I'm done with this loan. I will never return and not going to reference my friends. THANKS KIM for you below average service.

Being a former Cincinnatian, I was pleased to do business with my old hometown bank when I needed a mortgage loan for a vacation home. Worst experience with a bank in my life. Application and loan initiation process was about same as other institutions I've worked with but ongoing customer service, responses to routine report requests or information, online navigation was absolutely and unforgivably abysmal. It is a wonder they remain in business. Account access was inexplicably roadblocked by red tape. Lengthy phone conversations with very unhelpful reps that should have been easily handled online. Never again!

We had a credit card with Fifth Third and paid it off so the balance was $0. I'm looking at my checking account and see where they've recently taken out our automatic payment of $38 after it had a $0 balance. In my mind, that's stealing my money!! I called and they told me their automatic bill pay system will still take out the payment If it shows a balance on the statement. What is this... 1995??? Your system doesn't update daily?? It updates monthly??? When I called they said I could keep a credit of $38 on my card (NO THANKS!!) or they would send me a cashier's check and it would take 3-5 business days. So you can take out my money immediately from my account but you want me to wait a week to get it back when it wasn't my fault!!

If the roles had been reversed they would have charged me a $25-$37 late fee. So I told them I wanted a $25 convenience fee since they stole my money. Of course they laughed at me and didn't do this but I think I'm well within my rights to ask for this!!! If I make a mistake you charge me... if you make a mistake I charge you. Will NEVER use this bank again. Very hard to work with from the beginning. Can't call customer service after certain hours, can't make payments online without filling out and faxing in all of these forms, can't set up automatic payments immediately, VERY OUTDATED OPERATING PROCEDURES!!!

Avoid like the plague! This has to be the worst bank I've ever dealt with. First off they don't send out monthly billing statements and their online banking doesn't work. I can never get a hold of a rep to fix it. So tragedy happened. Wife had a stroke. Lost her job. I missed a payment but then got it together and started making regular payments again. Got a call from a customer service rep. I told her the situation, and that I wanted to bring the account current in 3 months when I receive my tax return refund. The rep was nice, looked at my account, said I qualified for a deferment payment plan and then after 20 mins transferred me to loss and litigation. Not so nice rep there. She told me I do not qualify for any sort of deferred plan and that I missed two car payments 4 months ago. Making me almost 3 months behind.

I asked why wasn't I notified via mail or phone? She retorted, "What, you didn't notice the lack of payment in your bank account?" I said, "Frankly no!" I checked and those months I missed were right when my wife had the stroke. So, I probably missed them, I didn't deny it. However, a letter notifying me would have been nice! They don't send out anything! This feels like entrapment. What can you do. The guy that normally pays his bills gets screwed when he runs into trouble. They will be by to repo the car soon if I don't make a payment in 7 days, and then I need to call them back to file for a deferment plan. If they decide to honor it. Stay away from this bank at all costs!!!

Fifth Third Bank Company Profile