2. Finance
  3. Banks and Credit Unions

3.7/5 (593 ratings)

About Fifth Third Bank

Fifth Third Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fifth Third Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fifth Third Bank?

Original review: April 3, 2021

I want to praise Michael ** in the Clermont, Florida, office. I needed to close two checking accounts, a savings account, and a money market account, as I moved to a location where there are no Fifth Third branches. I have been with them for years. Michael handled everything quickly and professionally, and I was very please to leave with a cashier's check in a very short time.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I have been with 5 3 for several years now. I never had a problem with my checking account and either of my two credit cards with them. They are very helpful over the phone too. Unlike other banks they speak English which I can fully understand. I am thinking they are in the USA and not operating a call center in some other country. I get auto credit line increases on my Trio card which is now up to $14,000 credit line. I never paid a fee or had any adverse action taken by them. I think it's how you maintain your accounts. If you do that poorly then you will have fees. It is really up to the customer on how their experiences will be.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

The overall protection is similar compared to Identity Guard and at a lower monthly cost. We get updates on email and our phone telling us when our personal data is found online as well changes to our credit score or if someone has accessed our credit through all 3 Credit Score Companies. Our quarterly credit score shows all 3 scores from Transunion, Experian and Equifax. I believe this company is something all prospective customers should look at.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

It’s very important to me to be able to pay my mortgage in split payments & extra payments to apply to just principal. I also like the fact that you can state you want the extra $ to be applied to principal.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Always friendly, always ready to answer my questions and take care of my needs. Love the service, the building. Online is easy to deal with - even for seniors, female, blond....They are located conveniently, so I can go to their ATM everywhere. But I must say I love to go to my local bank, knowing the staff, my representative, and feel comfortable in that good old building. Glad they kept it up nicely.

Original review: July 12, 2021

Horrible company. Been with them over ten years and I didn't use my card for six months so they just closed my account. No warning - not even notification that they closed it. Never been a day late paying them and they will not reinstate my account. With Covid situation last year was trying not to use my cards. Every card I have is minimum 12 months inactivity before they will close it. What a terrible way to treat customer of over ten years.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Called their recorded message center to get the payoff amount & then spoke to a live CSR that said I must go to their web site to enter a payoff using any method I choose (credit card, bank transfer, etc). Logged in & could not enter an amount because no payment was due. Started a chat with an online CSR. He said the phone CSR was wrong about making a payoff. He said I needed to mail, wire transfer, or go to a branch. I ask how much interest I should add if I mailed a payoff using a check? He didn't reply. I told him that made no sense since I could make a payment by phone if I were behind on making a payment. The only difference is I want to pay off the balance not a monthly payment.

Next thing I knew I received a blue message that they were having technical difficulties & my session ended. In other words, he hung up on me. These kind of customer experiences are what people don't see up front in dealing with banks like this one. I even told the online chat person that due to the bank's lack of technological abilities they put the burden on the customer to jump thru hoops. I DEFINITELY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SHADY BANK.

Original review: July 7, 2021

My account was closed with Fifth Third bank on 6/9/2021 for an incident that was a misunderstanding. I tried to talked to customer service about this. On 6/8/2021, a friend wrote me a check to help me bring my account to the positive. He accidentally wrote me a check from a closed account. Innocent mistake since he has more than one account with the bank he does business with. Fifth Third immediately closed my account. When I called and spoke to customer service, I was treated with contempt and hostility. They threatened me by saying I will never be able to open another bank account elsewhere and they were going to report me to the Chex System.

I continue to receive bills from them. The amounts vary invoice by invoice. When I went to check my Chex report, they reported on 6/29/2021 with an unpaid balance of $272.92. I feel that as a consumer I am being bullied and discriminated against by this bank. I would leave them negative stars if I could. I am warning anyone who would consider banking with this joke of a bank to reconsider.

Original review: July 5, 2021

We had recently fallen behind on bills, but we were able to catch up and being the balance that we owed back to zero. They took their money, we are completely current with our loan and they repossessed my car this morning. I am being told there is nothing I can do, even though they show we are current with our payments and we have a confirmation number showing the payment was made.

Original review: June 21, 2021

I deposited a cheque and was expecting my money 2 to 3days but this useless bank turned it to 12days before I could get my money. I needed money to buy my prescription and I couldn't buy my prescription because the bank was holding my own money. A friend of mine that we got this cheque together at work cashed her cheque next day from different bank. Fifth Third is a scam.

Fifth Third Bank Company Information