1.20/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Fifth Third Bank

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Fifth Third Bank Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Each and every transaction is handled with TLC - they go out of their way to make you feel appreciated. If there is a question with a transaction - they will go over it with you. Again - you are a valued customer ---not just an acct. number.

Original review: July 30, 2019

All aspects are easy to use. I enjoy talking to customer service because they are so helpful and are able to answer my questions and help me set up my account. I had trouble setting up my account. Online banking is faster and easy to use. I like being able to use it anywhere. I can get my balance 24/7.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Everything was great. The staff was very professional and did their best I believe. I guess the interest rate was a fair rate. The financial gentleman was very nice as was our salesman. We really appreciate their help.

Original review: May 12, 2019

What can I say, they are the best I have worked with in the last 52 years of buying or building homes. Fair, honest, considerate customer service. They bought my mortgage and I am certainly glad they did.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

My debit card numbers were stolen through an app in Google Play. I had deleted the app a month prior to the charges in question. I received five charges in the same day that were growing incrementally bigger. I caught the error that same day and had my card blocked. They refused to refund any of the first three charges, even though the fraud was caught and reported that same day. I am likely going to bank with someone else soon, and I don't recommend that you bank with Fifth Third either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fifth Third Bank?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I called customer service today to get help in updating my checking account on file and the lady was eating in my ear and talking real nasty. I have never experienced anything like this with any company that has my car loans. And this isn't the first time. When I first got my car loan and wanted to set up my account I called and they were talking very nasty and don't care and apparently the company don't care. I am ready to take my service elsewhere because I just can't with these ignorant people that they called customer service. They are the worst of the worst..

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I was dumped on to Fifth Third Bank (FTB) from MB Financial (since they merged or something). The loan was for a used motorcycle loan. I had auto payments so there was never an issue with my payment. The issue was FTB customer service, it sucks to try and get through to them for anything and when you finally do, you get passed around and they are unprofessional, little if any common courtesy. Now you are forced to deal with a 3rd party Co that handles their business, such as the Title of a vehicle "Title Support"! This is a totally separate Co from FTB, they charge you for anything you need to do, something other banks handle on their own for free.

Do yourself a favor. DO NOT use FTB. There are plenty other banks and Credit Unions that surpass FTB in every way. It was a waste of time dealing with FTB, I switched to another bank, better rates and an amazing customer service, I switched my loan to Eastman Credit Union a 5 Star bank! They were able to take care of my title (I had moved from one state to another so the title needed to be transferred) with no extra fees etc.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

One of the worst banks I have ever dealt with. Takes literally a dozen calls to get any small thing changed on your account. Customer service is extremely rude as well. Couldn't believe it. Just wow. Don't use this company if you can avoid it.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

SO far it's taken 4 calls and multiple days to come close to being able to close our business checking account and it's still not closed. First customer service said we need to close the account in-person at a branch. When I told them I lived in California and there were no branches here, they told me to call a Chicago branch and they would be able to help me. When I spoke with the rep at a Chicago branch she said I needed to close the account in person. When I told her I lived in California and there were no branches here, she said I have to call customer service--the same number I called the first time! Unbelievable.

Finally, someone sent me to a branch in Chicago (Gladstone are) that used to be an MB Financial branch (Fifth Third purchased MB Financial about a year ago). I spoke with someone there (Johanna) who said she would email me a form that I could use since I live in California and can't terminate the account in-person. She did follow up and send an email but didn't attach the form! What a waste of my time and what a blood pressure stressor.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

53 took over servicing my mortgage from MBFinancial. I've never seen a more confusing and messed up transfer. I made an internet payment with MB and got back a receipt saying I successfully made the payment. End of the month 53 sends a statement that doesn't acknowledge the payment. I'm claimed to be overdue. I call and try to resolve the problem, and I give the receipt number of the payment. Their internet is down, and they will call me within 24 hours. No return call. I do other things until a credit agency tells me there's a big drop in my credit rating. Surprise. No communication or response to my complaint, but while issues pending they start issuing negative comments to the credit agency. I write message to their complaint box. They by email advise that they received it. No action, and they don't send any further messages.

I go back to their website and find out that they've left a message. They want me to call. I say no, I want documentation. They have just given me a word for word repeat of the response asking me to call. I see from others on this website that telephone calls get lost and denied that they ever happen. Right. How do I document to higher authority that I've tried to resolve this? If they can't resolve in writing, I say it's time to go to the higher authority.

Fifth Third Bank Company Information