4.81/5

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Family Credit Management

Family Credit Management is a non-profit credit counseling agency that, since 1999, has helped over 100,000 people find their way out of debt. We have proudly completed licensing requirements across the nation, from California to New York, and strive to bring the highest level of service to each of our customers.

Our goal is to have all of our customers complete our program free of debt. Work with the experts you trust.

306 Family Credit Management Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 19, 2015

The service was friendly and very informative. I will recommend to others.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2015

I am so happy that I finally decided to take control of my debt. Sarah has been amazing and very prompt. I would not be able to do this without Family Credit management!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2015

I sobbed through my first call to Family Credit. I was in over my head and just kept crying to the point that my husband had to speak for me. FC said, "It will be ok. We're here to help." Family Credit was there every step of the way! Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2015

FCM has been a wonderful experience. I am very close to having everything paid in full and it is such a great feeling. I am securing my financial future by taking part in this program. Highly recommended.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2015

I am very pleased with the service Family Credit provided. They did all the hard work paying the monthly bills and finally I'm debt free. I could not have done it without their help. I strongly recommend for anyone who is serious about taking control of their finances.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Credit Management?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2015

Great service. A real relief to pay off debts at low interest rates.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

I have noticed that the payment to my payers are taking longer each month.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

Family Credit was a God-send! Very helpful in every way possible. They were extremely caring and listened to our situation. Always available by phone or email and their responses were handle very quickly.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

Jennie ** is the best. She was polite, very knowledgeable and respectful. With her guidance, we are on our way to "freedom" and retirement. Jennie is an asset to FCM second to none. With her on your team, success is just around the corner. Thankful we were led to her by our Lord.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

FCM was recommended to me by a credit card company that I had fallen behind payments on. The fees that FCM charged seemed like a lot at first, and perhaps they were, but they also helped negotiate better repayment terms for me and were very helpful and polite to deal with. Definitely provided the structure and discipline that I needed.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

I had to find a way to get out of credit card debt. Dealing with it by myself was like trying to save a sinking ship. A friend recommended this local organization that helped her. I signed up and received my starter's package. My debt was consolidated and now it's paid off!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

I was extremely grateful to have found Family Credit Management. I was running out of options and was not sure how to handle the situation I had got myself in to. With the help of Family Credit Management I was able to efficiently manage my debt and ultimately pay it off. I would recommend this site to assist in your debt management. Thank you for your assistance FCM!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2015

Jennie ** is awesome. Not only is she very knowledgeable regarding the laws and Family Credit rules and regulations, she is pleasant, timely in her responses and very respectful. She is the best and nothing but an asset to your organization.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2015

This company is the greatest. At first it was really tough on us but we were not in the best of shape when we called them for help. We are less than a year away from being debt free. We could not done this on our own. They are very helpful and they took very good care of us and we are very grateful for all they did for us.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2015

Family Credit helped us reduce the amount of interest being paid on debt. This is enabling us to bring our total debt down and look to a future of being debt free.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2015

This has been a big relief. Late fees and past dues eventually go away. No more shuffling bills. One fee and FC does the rest. Balances are going down and surprising how you can manage without credit.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

I can seriously say that without the help of Family Credit I don't think I would have been able to pay so much of my debt off already. I should only have maybe one more year and then I will have all my credit cards paid off. I will be sad to go but thankful that Family Credit helped me pay off my debt and be able to live a little more comfortable. Thank you!!!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2015

Coming to FCM was diffcult because the debt was in my name, but it was the outcome of economic coercion from a past relationship. Though some of it was my own, I felt so discouraged with paying on debt. FCM gave me hope, and worked with all my creditors to assure me to get out of debt the fastest way possible. After paying off a huge portion of debt while going through Financial Peace University, FCM employees always congratulated me on working so hard to become debt-free. Thank you so much for you help. I feel confident now that I can be debt-free this year :)

Original review: Jan. 26, 2015

I want to thank you for helping our family during our tough times. The customer service was awesome. Whenever I called I was helped quickly and friendly.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2015

My wife and I were under a mountain of credit card debt and we did not know what to do. The advice and payment consolidation assistance we received from FCM has been invaluable. They gave us our life back. We cannot thank them enough. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train! With the help of FCM payment plans we were able to payoff over $100K in credit card debt. God bless FCM.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2015

I am very thankful that I signed on with Family Credit when I did. They have been helpful and accessible when I have had questions and I have been able to pay off more than $12,000 in debt and am very close to having all of my debt paid off. The monthly payments have been manageable and when I needed to change the amount of my monthly payment, they worked out a plan.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2015

I started with this company as I was losing my house and was 109,000 in consumer debt. About four years later, I have about 16000 in consumer debt and will be debt-free before the end of the year. These people have been instrumental in getting my financial situation under control and I could not have done it without them. They are always so encouraging and helpful whenever I talk to them. I would highly recommend them to anyone who has any financial problem.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2015

I have been a happy client of Family Credit for almost 3 years now and they have been very helpful. It was a blessing that we found them to help us save our credit and stay in good standing with creditors.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2015

I've used Family Credit Services since October 2012 and will be out of Credit Card debt in 2016. Family Credit is a very professional organization and always responds immediately to questions or request. Before signing with them I did check them out with the BBB to see if there were complaints filed against them, they are an accredited business. I highly recommend this service; I have zero complaints with their service. All of my credit card accounts are closed, but I still can access all of my accounts online and I am amazed at how quickly my account balances are falling compared to how slowly my balances were declining before Family Credit. I'm looking forward to being out of debt and because I'm making my payments on time, my credit score is going up regularly.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

When I finally admitted I couldn't make ends meet, I checked out several options. The sincere, personal response along with no judgement, moved FCM up the list quickly. The payment proposal kept me accountable, the on-line tools to help me with budget planning, periodic emails to encourage me. High five to Christine! She has been quick to respond to my emails with a personable, friendly response. It is evident the goal for FCM is to help me get out of debt. It has been over 2 years and my only regret is I wish I would have contacted FCM sooner! You have helped me with a situation that truly left me feeling helpless. Anyone I meet that is facing financial difficulties, I share my story and recommend they check out your website. Thank you and high five to Christine **! She is awesome to work with!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

Family Credit Management was a wonderful experience. They were able to help us manage our finances at a very difficult time.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2015

I have only had positive experiences. I have enjoyed working with the representatives. Thank you for all you do. Especially when you have had to move my deposit/withdrawal dates after my pay dates were moved due to a new company taking over. Very appreciative.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2015

When I called Family Credit I was in a desperate situation because of all the money I owed on credit cards. They worked with me and a plan was arranged. It took me 4 1/2 years to pay off this debt. They have been easy to work with and they explained everything to me. I felt they knew what they were doing and it gave me peace. Thank you for all your help.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2015

We are now less than a year away from eliminating our credit card debt, thanks to Family Credit. I can't believe how easy it was to set up an account with them, and that it was at an extremely reasonable monthly fee... way less than we would have been paying all these years on credit card fees had we not turned to them for help. And of course we will have our debts paid off so much faster. They negotiated with our credit card companies to get us a low (1.9%) or 0% finance charge rate and set up a payment plan that will allow us to be free of those debts at the end of the five year period.

When we receive the credit card statements in the mail, it's so nice to see the balances going down significantly each month, without all the extra fees being tacked on, so you actually feel like you are getting closer to being debt-free. It's also nice knowing that the progress is happening automatically without any further action from us. Family Credit deducts the agreed upon monthly payment plan amount from our checking and takes care of sending it to where it is owed. I am so grateful we found out about this incredible service!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2015

I highly recommend Family Credit. They are helping me to get out of a situation that I got myself into. They are so helpful and respectful. When I called them the first time they treated me with respect and didn't talk down to me. All I can say is Thank You!

Family Credit Management Company Information