Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.81/5

Family Credit Management

Family Credit Management is a non-profit credit counseling agency that, since 1999, has helped over 100,000 people find their way out of debt. We have proudly completed licensing requirements across the nation, from California to New York, and strive to bring the highest level of service to each of our customers.

Our goal is to have all of our customers complete our program free of debt. Work with the experts you trust.

Family Credit Management Reviews

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

This is a bunch of crooks and liars. Would take payments out before my paycheck. Had 3 creditors drop me from the program. Had not received payment in 2 months. The customer service representative said they upped my payment by 3.00. I never received any notification from them. This company made everything worse. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Was told creditors accepted their proposal only to find out this was not true. Instead they charged off the balance and ruined my credit and allowed Family Credit Management to make cheap payment. We were only told of the cheap payment. Then when my credit score ranked and we saw the charged off accounts- we asked by email first. By email we were told by counselor they knew nothing about this they would get back with me- they never did. After waiting on response that never came-we called them directly only to be told that they knew all along. That they made the decision to take the cheaper payment for me (no one ever informed me that it would charged off or impact my score so negatively). They just told me their offer was accepted and my payment would be x amount!

When we voiced our concerns the hateful person on the phone informed me not to worry that creditors only looked at the most recent 12 months anyway (another lie)... We did this because we are trying to refinance home and student loans and now we can’t due to this charged off account. To that she added they could write a letter for me telling them I’ve made great payment history- will they tell them they completely lied to me... somehow we doubt that. The entire conversation was recorded though and we will be seeking legal advice for damages since she had no problem admitting that this company didn’t disclose this information to me and took my credit file into their own hands without my consent.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Counseling delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I'm new to Family Credit Management. I would like to say that so far I am very pleased with this company and each and every representative I have dealt with. This company is very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. They know how to employ customer service reps with a high level of knowledge, courtesy and will work diligently to get you what you need. I did a lot of research before signing on with a debt management company, it is a huge step & I must admit I was nervous. I have no regret & would recommend them to my family & friends. If you are looking for a debt management company - thumbs up on this one!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I signed up for debt management with this company about 2 years ago. Everything has been going well until June this year. In August I received notification that I have been reported late for one of my credit cards. I called and found out that they did not send a payment to one of the creditors for 2 months. I asked what happened and was just given a vague answer. This caused my credit score to drop 32 points. It also caused my car insurance premium to go up due to the credit score as I was due to renew. I have called them to ask if they can at least call the creditor to explain the situation. They have refused and all I was told is to dispute the late payment with the credit bureaus. I signed a contract with them, they took my money and never sent the payment. I can't believe it and they won't do anything. I should report them to BBB.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Family Credit.. thank you! I been with Family Credit for a few years already and have cleared up about 5 of my credit card debts. I totally recommend them for any outstanding debt you are willing to pay off because Family Credit works with you. Their customer service reps are the best! Always friendly and willing to work anything out if you can't make your monthly payments. They do not push you to make your monthly payments if you can't make it. They make sure you understand that your creditors will not get paid but they explain this in such a nice way. :-) Thank you again Family Credit!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Credit Management?

Original review: April 8, 2016

Family Care Credit is a wonderful company and never had any problems with them, they are there to help you out. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

I began an account with Family Credit Management over 4 and half years ago. They were courteous, professional and very responsive during my entire experience. I would recommend them to anyone. They were great people.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2015

Didn't have any problems.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2015

I think this place is great and treats me well and with dignity, I would appreciate it if you will send me email confirmation of date change to my payment plan. Plus can you mail me my ID number? I never received one. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

I'm new to this program and I have to say the person I've been talking to these last few days getting everything together has been wonderful. Answer all my questions and completely helpful. So thank you!

Family Credit Management expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Nonprofit Family Credit Management, a credit counseling agency has been in business for more than 20 years. The company has helped over 100,000 people get out of debt.

• Services: Family Credit Management offers credit and housing counseling and a debt management program. The certified credit counselors help stop creditor calls, reduce or eliminate finance charges, help the consumer learn when he or she will be debt free and set up auto-pay through a bank or credit union.

• Free services: Online educational resources and calculators. The free Personal Finance Made Easy Course includes goal setting, creating a spending plan, how to save money and more.

• Licensed: Family Credit Management is ISO 9001 certified and is nationally licensed.

• Privacy: Family Credit Management takes your privacy seriously and will consult with you without asking for personal information.

• Affiliations: They have affiliations with major banks, retail stores and finance companies to help consumers negotiate lower interest rates.

• Help with creditors: The company works with the client’s creditors to lower interest rates and work out manageable monthly payments. Once enrolled in the Debt Management Program, the client makes one monthly payment to Family Credit Management who then handles payment with all of their creditors.

• Fees: Their fees are based on a sliding scale, and there is no charge until the consumer enrolls in the program. Family Credit Management receives additional funding from the credit granting community.

• Best for: consumers, families and small business owners with overdue credit card debt and other loans.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg