4.85/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Consolidated Credit is a nationally recognized and certified credit counseling agency. We offer credit counseling, debt management services, debt relief and personal finance education.

We’re here to help. From credit counseling advice on improving your budget and reduce your debt to housing support to help you navigate avoid foreclosure, learn about reverse mortgages or purchase a new home, we have certified counselors with a mission to help you improve your personal finances. If you’re struggling with too much credit card debt or financial troubles caused by an upside mortgage, give us a call or visit us online.

For over 20 years, we’ve helped over 5 million people find the debt relief they need. Through enrollment in our debt management program, we help clients reduce their interest rates and cut payments by up to 50%.

Consolidated Credit Solutions Gallery (3)
United Way Chairman Circle
Excellence In Financial Literacy Education
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Consolidated Credit Solutions is a nonprofit credit counseling service that offers free resources and information to consumers searching for debt relief help.

PROS

• Credit counseling services
  • Nonprofit organization
  • Free resources and information

CONS

• Only works with unsecured debt

Top Consolidated Credit Solutions Reviews

Tatiana was great. Very helpful. She went above and beyond with solutions to help get my debt paid off. It would be nice to be able to just deduct the amount owed since you already have my account info, and not have to set up a wire transfer from the bank but Tatiana was great.

All staff are courteous and friendly. Debt consolidation is a hassle but not with Consolidated. Looking at what your credit score is embarrassing to me but there have been no judgments passed with the staff at Consolidated. I would recommend Consolidated to anyone.

What is Consolidated Credit?

Consolidated Credit Solutions is a nonprofit credit counseling company that offers advice, information and financial education to its clients. Its mission is to help you improve your finances through practical training and debt resources. If you’re struggling with credit card debt, you can get a free, confidential evaluation with a certified credit counselor by visiting Consolidated Credit Solutions’ website and entering the following information:

• Your first and last name
  • Your debt amount
  • The status of your payments
  • Your phone number
  • Your email address
  • Your zip code

Once you’ve submitted the required information to Consolidated Credit Solutions, the company works with you to manage your unsecured debts by:

• Reviewing your monthly budget
  • Making a full assessment of your debt
  • Checking your credit report

Consolidated Credit Solutions' debt management services

Consolidated Credit Solutions specializes in providing debt management services. The nonprofit’s website has extensive resources on debt education, including guides on how to successfully manage your money through financial hardship. These include:

• Instructions on how to create a budget
  • Four ways to help you with financial stress
  • Practical ways to rebuild your credit
  • Making the most of your credit score
  • Buying a home
  • Avoiding foreclosure

Having the right information gives you an accurate representation of your finances and helps you set up a clear debt management plan. Consolidated Credit Solutions has two online calculators to help you get the necessary numbers to manage your finances:

• A credit card debt repayment calculator that shows you how long it will take to pay off your balances and gives you advice on the best way to eliminate your debt
  • A debt-to-income ratio calculator that helps you discover if you’re maintaining a healthy amount of debt for your finances or if you need to take steps to reduce your debt immediately

Consolidated Credit Solutions' housing counseling

Consolidated Credit Solutions offers prepurchase housing counseling services to homebuyers. In this process, your credit counselor prepares you for the cost of buying a home by:

• Assessing your finances
  • Helping you create a budget
  • Helping you qualify for the best interest rate
  • Reviewing the various costs of buying a home
  • Helping you establish a realistic price range

Is Consolidated Credit a good idea?

Consolidated Credit Solutions is a nonprofit that offers multiple resources for those seeking to manage their debt or who are preparing for a significant purchase. The company uses experienced advisors to provide tips and guidance on how to manage your debt and increase your credit score. If you’re struggling to manage your debt or credit card bills but don’t want to lower your credit score, Consolidated Credit Solutions' credit counseling services could be a good idea.

Consolidated Credit Solutions Reviews

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Issue with POA and Creditor under consolidation. Tatiana was a go getter from the start, she was courteous and professional. I stated to her my issue with a certain creditor and the back and forth that’s been going on, my frustration. She put me on hold, spoke to them and looks like the issue was handled. Great CSR!!

Dear Kassandra,

We’re happy we could help you find a solution to overcome your challenges with debt. Now that you’re on your way to becoming debt free, don’t forget to take advantage of all the free financial education resources we offer. We hold free webinars every month that can help you achieve and maintain financial stability long-term. Make sure to check them out! https://www.consolidatedcredit.org/webinars-and-seminars/

Get expert buying tips about Credit Counseling delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

We spoke to Big Lots/Comenity Bank. Despite the other company having issues and hanging up on us Tatiana was professional and stayed with me and assisted me in getting my account situated. Thank you. I will definitely use this service in the future if the need arises. Everyone is always helpful and the fact that you can speak with the same representative every time is fantastic.

Dear Damien,

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you. It’s our mission to help people in your situation find solutions to become debt free. If you have any questions or run into any challenges down the road, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’re here to help!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Katashya was wonderful especially having been put in a triangle tough position. One of my three creditors does not align with consolidation of credit. When I first talked to Consolidated, my only goal was to have that one creditor. I was talked into two more. Never would have done this without American 1st Financial being on board and clearly stated that. I was encouraged to go forward as if it would work out. Not happy about that. I am very I'll and on disability and a single mother that was reaching out in order to not ditch a bill. I was trusting because I made it clear that this was the sole account and reason for me to do Consolidated. I now find myself trying to sell my debtor on Consolidated. If I succeed, it will have been with the help of your very kind employee, Katashya. Kind regards, Michelle

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you. We’re glad we were able to help you set up a debt management program, so you can get on the road to becoming debt free. We hope that your third creditor gets on board and wish you every success on your journey out of debt. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to give us a call and we’ll be happy to help. We’re here to be your advocate!

Original review: July 17, 2019

Tatiana was a great help and very personable. She told me I was doing a great job of paying my debt down and that made me feel good! I appreciate that she complimented me a few times in our conversation. I would recommend consolidated credit to everyone. This is a great company to work with and easy to manage. Thank you.

Consolidated Credit Solutions response

We’re glad we could help! Getting out of debt is a journey and along the way, we want to provide resources that can help you develop strategies for avoiding debt and maintaining financial stability in the future. If you haven’t checked out our YouTube Channel yet, we invite you to subscribe. We’re constantly adding new videos that can help you become more financially savvy.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I called in to see how to go about sending in my statements for their quarterly review. I ended up speaking with Gillian and she was amazing. She offered right away to assist me and do it by phone. She also mentioned all the other ways I can update them. It is rare to get someone so kind and helpful. I manage a call center for doctors offices, vets, funeral homes and other businesses as well as handling Alarm Monitoring for over 800 locations. I would be thrilled to have an operator like Gillian as she handled the call in a kind and professional manor and I think when someone does a good job they should be made aware of this. So I want to say thank you for all your help Gillian and thank you Consolidated Credit for all your help. I started at around $23,000.00 in debt and am under $8,500.00 now and my credit score has went from 570 to 700 since using consolidated. So thank you!!!

Consolidated Credit Solutions response

Dear Kevin, We appreciate you! Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our level of service and the work we're doing on your behalf is very gratifying. We thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt. Keep up the good work : )

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Consolidated Credit Solutions?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

You folks are awesome. You're helping me get my life back. I could not have done this without your help. It's nice to see light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you for everything. Keep up the good work.

Dear Michael,

We’re glad we could help! Getting out of debt is a journey and along the way, we want to provide resources that can help you develop strategies for avoiding debt and maintaining financial stability in the future. If you haven’t checked out our YouTube Channel yet, we invite you to subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1AKiO-abJqLyY68lW66VHQ?. We’re constantly adding new videos that can help you become more financially savvy.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Tatiana was able to help me get back into my account and make sure all of my information was up to date. She was quick and it took no time at all to make sure all of my needs were taken care of. She made the experience a breeze.

Dear Courtney,

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Every time I call there is no hassle. All staff are courteous and friendly. Debt consolidation is a hassle but not with Consolidated. Thanks —Mary. Looking at what your credit score is embarrassing to me but there have been no judgments passed with the staff at Consolidated. Tonight I needed to add a creditor. She made it so easy. I would recommend Consolidated to anyone.

Hi MaryElizabeth,

Thanks for letting us assist you. We’re glad we were able to help you set up a debt management program, so you can get on the road to becoming debt free. If you have any questions about the program, please give us a call and we’ll be happy to help. We’re here to be your advocate!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Dear Jacqueline,

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you. It’s our mission to help people in your situation find solutions to become debt free. If you have any questions or run into any challenges, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’re here to help!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I am unfortunately unable to make my payment due on 11/15/19, but Tatiana explained my options and helped me resolve my current problem. I appreciate her time in this matter. It's humiliating enough to have to experience financial difficulties, but it eases the embarrassment when you speak to someone kind and understanding.

Dear Alisa,