Call toll free
4.84/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Consolidated Credit is a nationally recognized and certified credit counseling agency. We offer credit counseling, debt management services, debt relief and personal finance education.

We’re here to help. From credit counseling advice on improving your budget and reduce your debt to housing support to help you navigate avoid foreclosure, learn about reverse mortgages or purchase a new home, we have certified counselors with a mission to help you improve your personal finances. If you’re struggling with too much credit card debt or financial troubles caused by an upside mortgage, give us a call or visit us online.

For over 20 years, we’ve helped over 5 million people find the debt relief they need. Through enrollment in our debt management program, we help clients reduce their interest rates and cut payments by up to 50%.

Consolidated Credit Gallery (3)
United Way Chairman Circle
Excellence In Financial Literacy Education
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1172 Consolidated Credit Counseling Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Very knowledgeable and helpful. Every question was answered professionally and with care. She was able to explain in great detail giving me a good understanding on how it all works. Thank you so much. I appreciate all the help and professionalism you offer.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Counseling delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I am happy I discovered this company. They assisted me to consolidate my credit cards which will enable me to pay less on these cards each month with less interest. This means I can pay these bills off early & eventually increase my credit score which is my goal. The staff is very helpful answering all my questions in a way that was easy to understand. I will be able to call or email this company with any questions I might have. The staff are very kind & truly communicate.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I am very pleased with the services I have received from your company. It's all been a positive experience for the several years I've been doing business with Consolidated Credit. I received assistance today's date, 2/20/19, from your Representative named Jimmy. I needed to update information for all my merchant accounts. He was very professional and polite and extremely helpful. My questions were all answered properly and he made sure he could solve all my concerns. I thank you very much for your continued professional manner.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Brian did a good job touching base with me about the program. He went over important information and asked if I had questions. He was able to answer my questions. I am satisfied with my service. Thank you for contacting me.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The representative I spoke to, Julie, was very helpful and resolved my issue. I had called the creditor earlier in the day and after 45 minutes, I was given inaccurate information and told to call Consolidated Credit, so I did and Julie called Credit One with me on the line and was able to get the correct information, get a late fee waived, and help resolve my issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Consolidated Credit?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My experience As a consumer was wonderful. The associates were knowledgeable and friendly. I have and will continue to recommend your company to my family and friends. Keep up the great work. I am especially happy about the no prepayment penalty that your company provides.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

She was great! Helped me with all my questions and made me feel comfortable with some all my concerns involving my credit cards. I was afraid that my money wasn’t going towards a couple cards. But she took her time to explain and figure out what was wrong.

Dear Karen,

We appreciate you. Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our service and the work we're doing on your behalf is very gratifying. We thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt :)

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Great consumer service. Nice person understand. They helped me find a new beginning. It's hard to know where to start but this program gets you on the right track. Highly recommended for a new beginning to a old problem. Thank you.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

Welcome aboard Mary! Thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you. Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our service thus far is very pleasing. We appreciate you and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt :)

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Brian answered the phone call promptly and cordially. He related to me throughout as a real human being, genuinely interested in what I needed and how best to meet my needs. I needed to update my revised payment plan and he handled the details for me quickly and efficiently. The connection felt personal and I did not feel rushed. I think it was the best experience I have had in dealing with any customer service rep with any company.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

We got in a financial bind. We decided to go with a debt management program. We had been talking to several different companies to make sure we made the right choice. Consolidated Credit was the worst to even talk with. We got one rep who asked us the amount of our debt and what kind of debt. Then she transferred us to someone else who asked the same questions. Then, that person transferred us to a third person who yet again asked the same questions. All of them spoke broken English.

The third person asked about our bills then started on his script. We would try to ask questions and he would blow us off and pick back up on his script. He got finished and told us we couldn't afford their program. Not sure how he came up with that, as we have been paying more than the minimum on all our credit cards. The info he had was incorrect anyways but he wouldn't let us correct it. Somehow he decided we had 4 car payments and when he emailed the budget analysis to us, there was an "additional loan" for almost $200 a month that we do not have. So we spent almost an hour on the phone trying to understand broken English for no reason whatsoever. If they can't even take the time to listen from the beginning, I surely wouldn't trust them with my debt.

Hi Sydney,

We would really love to help everyone who reaches out for help and regret that you were unable to qualify for the debt management program. Our company has been helping consumers like you for over 25 years, however, we cannot always help everyone in every situation. In your case, it sounded like our service would not be of help and as a result, we understand your desire to be critical. However, for quality control purposes and in order to understand what happened in your case we listened and reviewed the taped recording of your counseling session. We acknowledge that the counselor has an accent and although we did not notice any difficulty in communicating, we regret that this disturbed you. Many of our certified counselors are bilingual and a few are trilingual. We are able to help people whose first language may be Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, Portuguese and more. It is important to us that we can help a wide cross section of the country. After reviewing the recording of your call, we contend that there were differences in your description of the conversation and what we heard. Even so, we understand that given we were not able to help you in the way you wished, you were dissatisfied.

Please keep in mind that to qualify for the debt management program, there are a number of factors that we take into consideration, among them, and most importantly is the prospective client’s budget as well as the amount and type of debts involved. We make every effort to avoid enrolling a client who we believe may be unsuccessful. It’s far better be disappointed in not qualifying for our program than it would have been to have gotten into a situation (in our opinion) that may not work out in the end. While we cannot get into your personal situation, you were given advice on what steps you may consider to resolve your debts either on your own or with our assistance in the event you can qualify in the future. You were also invited to call back at any time to talk to any of our counselors to have your situation reevaluated or just for additional budgeting advice. Further, we recommend that you use our Budgeting Made Easy guide(http://ow.ly/XNtW30nA12m) for help.

Again, we apologize for any confusion. And, whether you allow us to help you or not, we wish you the very best on your journey out of debt and in all your financial endeavors.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I love the service, it has helped myself and my family tremendously... So I'm wasn't upset about the miscommunication but I had worked with two other reps to get my accounts in order and nothing was done until I called Leslie. She's is the very best and got everything taken care of while I was on the phone. Thanks Leslie!!!!

Dear Joshua,

Thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you. Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. We regret any miscommunication but really pleased that everything got taken care of. We appreciate you and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt :)

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I thought they were going to help me get out of debt while saving me the most money but I actually worked with my credit card companies to close my accounts and pay low monthly payments. I am going to save $80 a month doing this on my own and when I called to cancel my auto pay and to stop the program they become hateful after messing up my bank account. Save yourself the hassle and frustration and deal with your debt issues on your own because Consolidated Credit will ** you over and cheat you out of your money. Avoid them.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

Dear Sasha, Our debt management program is designed to help folks who are struggling to get out of debt get out in the shortest possible time, with low interest rates and lower their total payments. We encourage people to call their creditors and negotiate lower interest rates on their own. While some, like you, achieve success in getting lower rates on their own, others aren’t so lucky which is where Consolidated Credit comes in. We reduce their total payments by up to 30-50% and often getting creditors to reduce their interest rates by 0-11%, on average. In 25 years, we’ve helped over 6.5 million Americans get out of debt.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Excellent, every time I call I get treated well no matter how silly the question may be, courteous, and pleasant, helpful. always ask me did I have any other questions. I have been with the company since 2000. My husband started first and I saw what you guys could do and I joined, it is the best thing I could have done. Do not claim bankrupt. us consolidated.

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for making Consolidated Credit your debt management organization of choice. Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our service and the work we're doing on your behalf is very gratifying. We appreciate you and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt. Keep up the good work :)

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Kapha as well as the other counselors I have had a chance to talk to have always been very polite. They have a professional and friendly way of dealing with you that takes a lot of the worry out of a trying situation. They even give you advice on how to speak with your creditors that leaves you knowing that you are on a positive path to clearing up your debt/credit problems. I highly recommend using their services!

Dear Terry,

Thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you and thank you for any recommendations. Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our service and the work we're doing on your behalf is very pleasing. We appreciate you and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt :)

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Good program and recommend to other people, also liked the way they got back to me to explain fees. Like availability of products and service. Good contact information. Non-judgemental work hard to make program work out. Tried to make people comfortable.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

We appreciate you, Jeannine! Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our service is very gratifying. We thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you and thank you also for any recommendations. The very best wishes on your journey out of debt :)

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Every one has been so helpful and understanding. They helped me enter data on the computer forms and have answered all my many questions. They have been so understanding during this stressful time in my life. I would recommend Consolidated Credit Solutions to all who needs this kind of service.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

Dear Sally, Welcome aboard! Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our service thus far is very gratifying. We thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you and thank you also for any recommendations. We appreciate you and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt :)

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Samantha was very thorough and patient while explaining how Consolidated Credit works. She was very professional at answering all of the questions I had. I was very pleased with her when we were through. From the first phone call your co. was upfront and honest with us. I wish we would have went with Consolidated Credit sooner. If we had we would be in a better position by now. So thank you again.

Dear Barbara,

Welcome aboard! Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our service thus far is very gratifying. We thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt :)

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I recently moved and have been going through my credit accounts to change my address. Citibank would not allow me to do it but Syniah helped me get it done. So appreciative that she took so much time with me to get on the phone with them.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

Hi Laurel, We appreciate you! Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our service is very gratifying. We thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt :)

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Brian was helpful when I called in the morning to talk about my account. He was able to resolve the question I had. He was able to help in calling the creditors and helping me pay off a few accounts early. It is always nice to talk to someone that is very helpful.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

Hi Megan, thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you. Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our service and the work we're doing on your behalf is very gratifying. We appreciate you and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt :)

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I spoke with Samantha regarding the payoff amount as well as other information as to how do proceed. She provided me with the payoff amount and was extremely helpful and professional in giving me the information regarding bank wire and certified check instructions. She was very courteous and friendly.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

Hi Michele, it sounds like you are close to completing your debt management program. If so congratulations, woohoo! Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our service and the work we're doing on your behalf is very gratifying. We appreciate you and wish you the very best on the remainder of your journey out of debt and in your financial life. Thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you :)

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Tatiana helped me by confirming my low balance account with Genesis. She was very informative with letting me know that once it's paid off, the $20 would go to my Capital One account as it had the higher interest rate. Then, once Capital One is paid off, the additional goes to the Merrick account.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

Hi Laura, Thank you for making Consolidated Credit your debt management organization of choice. Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our service and the work we're doing on your behalf is very gratifying. We appreciate you and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt :)

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I've been a client for a little over 2 years and if you're struggling they can absolutely help. Every time I've ever called I've been treated with respect and compassion for my situation. I have been able to pay so much of current debt off and they have been a huge help if doing so. If you think you need help they will always tell you the truth and fight for you and your credit.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

Hi Connor, Thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you and thank you also for the recommendation. Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our service and the work we're doing on your behalf is very gratifying. We thank you for choosing Consolidated Credit and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt. Keep up the good work :)

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Alicia was so helpful in getting the information I had requested. She was kind, patient, friendly and a delight to talk to. She is someone who could be a good model for others. Thanks again Alicia. GOD BLESS you.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Appreciate the help in getting back on track with my debts. Would recommend to my family and friends. Thank you. HAVE no more to say right now just waiting to consolidate my bills and move on. Thank you for your help. I appreciate all you do.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

Hi Gwendolyn, welcome aboard! Thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you and thank you also for the recommendations. We appreciate you and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt :)

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I was receiving conflicting information regarding one of my accounts between my creditor and the people at consolidated credit, but my questions were answered and I now understand the process better. Everything seems to be proceeding as explained to me today.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

Hi Mary, Thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you. Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our service and the work we're doing on your behalf is very gratifying. We appreciate you and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt :)

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I was very happy with the customer service representative she was able to help me with my questions regarding my accounts very knowledgeable and new what she was talking about. I inquired about one of my creditor and she was very helpful.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

Hi Shrell, We appreciate you! Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our level of service is very pleasing. We thank you for making Consolidated Credit your debt management organization of choice and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt :)

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

This is an excellent company to work with and we are so happy we dealt with them, never had a problem, we would recommend them to anyone who had problems with paying their credit cards. They were always available whenever we called to update.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

Congratulations Eleanor, woohoo! Thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you and thank you also for the recommendations. Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our service and the work we did on your behalf is very gratifying. We thank you for taking the time to share the success of your debt management program. Testimonials like yours are invaluable. They give those reluctant to seek help the courage and motivation to do so. We appreciate you and wish you the very best in all your financial endeavors. Cheers! :)

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I was having technical difficulty submitting my quarterly account information. I contacted Consolidated Credit and Tatiana was able to assist me. She was friendly, polite and very professional. She went above and beyond in her customer service. She really gave me relief because I was getting frustrated!!! Thank you!

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you. Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our level of service is very gratifying. We appreciate you and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt :)

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Tatiana was very helpful. I needed to update one of my accounts and wasn’t sure how to do it myself. She updated it for me. She answered my call promptly and was very friendly. I had a couple of questions and she was able to answer them all.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

Hi Nancy, We appreciate you! Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. We are very pleased to know that you're satisfied with our level of service. We thank you for choosing Consolidated Credit and wish you the very best on your journey out of debt :)

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Tatiana was very helpful and very clear in relaying how I would receive pay off information once obtained by someone there at Consolidated Credit. I am looking to pay off this debt. I may be doing so in the next month but I'm weighing my options according to my budget.

Consolidated Credit Counseling Services response

Hi Susan, Congratulations woohoo! You're almost there. Thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you. Customer service and client satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Knowing that you're satisfied with our service is very pleasing. We appreciate you and wish you the very best in all your financial endeavors. Cheers! :)

Consolidated Credit expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Consolidated Credit has been in business for over 20 years and has helped over 5 million people eliminate debt. The company offers a wide range of debt assistance programs including debt management, credit improvement, avoiding foreclosure and bankruptcy plans. Consolidated Credit also offers a strong counseling and financial education component.

• Accredited: Consolidated credit is an ISO 9001:2000 Registered Organization, meaning that its credentials are recognized worldwide.

• Certified professionals: The majority of their counselors and staff are certified financial counselors (CFC). They are required to renew their certifications every three years and undertake additional training.

• Services: They offer an extensive list of services such as debt management, debt consolidation, counseling, consumer credit rights information and helpful calculators. Their financial advice offerings include webinars and individual counseling about topics like budgeting, credit reports, credit scoring, student loans and more.

• Free assistance: Consolidated Credit offers a host of free calculators to help estimate credit card debt repayment, credit score loan cost, debt-to-income, debt restructuring, savings and more. Their online educational resources are easily accessible from their website.

• Customized programs: The company offers customized programs to help tailor debt relief solutions to the client’s personal needs.

• Support: The company’s online chat support populates with the first visit to the site. Consolidated Credit offers easy access to company services through their phone support. There is a walk-in branch in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

• Best for: individuals and small business owners with debt and credit issues, homeowners facing foreclosure and those seeking extensive financial education resources.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg