2. Finance
  3. Credit Counseling

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.79/5

Consolidated Credit is a nationally recognized and certified credit counseling agency. We offer credit counseling, debt management services, debt relief and personal finance education.

We’re here to help. From credit counseling advice on improving your budget and reduce your debt to housing support to help you navigate avoid foreclosure, learn about reverse mortgages or purchase a new home, we have certified counselors with a mission to help you improve your personal finances. If you’re struggling with too much credit card debt or financial troubles caused by an upside mortgage, give us a call or visit us online.

For over 20 years, we’ve helped over 5 million people find the debt relief they need. Through enrollment in our debt management program, we help clients reduce their interest rates and cut payments by up to 50%.

Consolidated Credit Solutions Gallery (3)
United Way Chairman Circle
Excellence In Financial Literacy Education
BOTTOM LINE

Consolidated Credit Solutions is a nonprofit credit counseling service that offers free resources and information to consumers searching for debt relief help.

PROS
  • Credit counseling services
  • Nonprofit organization
  • Free resources and information
CONS
  • Only works with unsecured debt

Top Consolidated Credit Solutions Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Consolidated Credit Solutions?

Tatiana was great. Very helpful. She went above and beyond with solutions to help get my debt paid off. It would be nice to be able to just deduct the amount owed since you already have my account info, and not have to set up a wire transfer from the bank but Tatiana was great.

All staff are courteous and friendly. Debt consolidation is a hassle but not with Consolidated. Looking at what your credit score is embarrassing to me but there have been no judgments passed with the staff at Consolidated. I would recommend Consolidated to anyone.

Consolidated Credit Solutions Learn More

What is Consolidated Credit?

Consolidated Credit Solutions is a nonprofit credit counseling company that offers advice, information and financial education to its clients. Its mission is to help you improve your finances through practical training and debt resources. If you’re struggling with credit card debt, you can get a free, confidential evaluation with a certified credit counselor by visiting Consolidated Credit Solutions’ website and entering the following information:

• Your first and last name
  • Your debt amount
  • The status of your payments
  • Your phone number
  • Your email address
  • Your zip code

Once you’ve submitted the required information to Consolidated Credit Solutions, the company works with you to manage your unsecured debts by:

• Reviewing your monthly budget
  • Making a full assessment of your debt
  • Checking your credit report

Consolidated Credit Solutions' debt management services

Consolidated Credit Solutions specializes in providing debt management services. The nonprofit’s website has extensive resources on debt education, including guides on how to successfully manage your money through financial hardship. These include:

• Instructions on how to create a budget
  • Four ways to help you with financial stress
  • Practical ways to rebuild your credit
  • Making the most of your credit score
  • Buying a home
  • Avoiding foreclosure

Having the right information gives you an accurate representation of your finances and helps you set up a clear debt management plan. Consolidated Credit Solutions has two online calculators to help you get the necessary numbers to manage your finances:

• A credit card debt repayment calculator that shows you how long it will take to pay off your balances and gives you advice on the best way to eliminate your debt
  • A debt-to-income ratio calculator that helps you discover if you’re maintaining a healthy amount of debt for your finances or if you need to take steps to reduce your debt immediately

Consolidated Credit Solutions' housing counseling

Consolidated Credit Solutions offers prepurchase housing counseling services to homebuyers. In this process, your credit counselor prepares you for the cost of buying a home by:

• Assessing your finances
  • Helping you create a budget
  • Helping you qualify for the best interest rate
  • Reviewing the various costs of buying a home
  • Helping you establish a realistic price range

Is Consolidated Credit a good idea?

Consolidated Credit Solutions is a nonprofit that offers multiple resources for those seeking to manage their debt or who are preparing for a significant purchase. The company uses experienced advisors to provide tips and guidance on how to manage your debt and increase your credit score. If you’re struggling to manage your debt or credit card bills but don’t want to lower your credit score, Consolidated Credit Solutions' credit counseling services could be a good idea.

Consolidated Credit Solutions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Consolidated Credit Solutions?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Any time I've called, the customer service reps have been extremely helpful and polite. I have been able to get myself out of debt and get to a point where I will be able to purchase a home and not have this looming over me.

Consolidated Credit Solutions response

Congratulations Megan! We’re glad we could help you! Go ahead pat yourself on the back for your hard work and perseverance. Testimonials like yours are invaluable. They give those reluctant to seek help the courage and motivation to do so. We appreciate you and wish you the very best in all your financial endeavors. Cheers!

We have a wealth of free resources that can help you develop strategies for avoiding debt and maintaining financial stability in the future. If you haven’t checked out our YouTube Channel yet, we invite you to subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1AKiO-abJqLyY68lW66VHQ?. We’re constantly adding new videos that can help you become more financially savvy. Also, if you haven’t signed up yet, please check out Credit Dojo: https://www.consolidatedcredit.org/courses/ It’s a fun interactive, financial literacy course that can teach you everything from basic budgeting to buying a home.

Get buying tips about Credit Counseling delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

UPDATED 4/12/2021: I am very pleased with your service, however, accessing the online portal has been frustratingly complicated. It has said that I can use either my email OR my username, along with my password to gain access. Yet, I have not been able to use my email before today. I have just received an email that allowed me to use my email address after I wrote an email this past weekend when I could not remember my username.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: You've had my interest rates lowered which has made it easier to pay off my balances. I am hoping to have every balance at zero by summertime. I did have some challenges signing in online, but the problem has been resolved.

Dear Emily,

Thanks for your review and we were glad we could help you with your debt. Glad your issue has been resolved. As you work your way through your debt management program, we’d also like to invite you to take advantage of the free resources we offer through our Financial Education Center: https://www.consolidatedcredit.org/financial-education/ These will help you learn strategies to avoid challenges with debt in the future.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

it is not easy; however, I wanted to clear my accounts and the interest rate lowered. Helped me to do that. I kept trying on my own but circumstances always cropped up and the problem became worse. I have personal satisfaction and accomplishment that I reached my goal. Thank you.

Dear Cecilia,

Congratulations on the successful completion of your debt management program! We’re glad we could help you and your family! Go ahead pat yourself on the back for your hard work and perseverance. Testimonials like yours are invaluable. They give those reluctant to seek help the courage and motivation to do so. We appreciate you and wish you the very best in all your financial endeavors. Cheers!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I am very thankful for the opportunity to be working with Consolidated Credit Solutions. From the moment I first spoke to them, they were very courteous and professional. We discussed how the process was going to work and had approval in about a 15-20 minute conversation. The online forms were easy to complete and she led me through each one. I have a plan now to consolidate my debt that will allow me to pay about half of what the individual bills were charging and at a lower interest rate. I can monitor my progress on the website as well. Again, I am very happy with the excellent customer service I received and am looking forward to working with this company on my way to becoming debt free.

Welcome aboard Lisa!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

You people have been wonderful to work with. I am pleased that my last payment is in Sept. 1, 2020. Thank you for all your help. I would recommend you people to anyone that needs your help. I have had a wonderful experience with all the staff I have dealt with.

Consolidated Credit Solutions response

Congratulations on the successful completion of your debt management program, Pamela! Woohoo! We’re glad we could help you and your family! Go ahead pat yourself on the back for your hard work and perseverance. Testimonials like yours are invaluable. They give those reluctant to seek help the courage and motivation to do so. We appreciate you and wish you the very best in all your financial endeavors. Cheers!

Original review: April 11, 2021

Everyone I talked to was extremely helpful and patient with me. I'm not very tech savvy and they were wonderful. I was wondering if I am set up now for autopay. I seen the $49 has been paid to you from my checking account. I hope we are set up to start. Thanks.

Consolidated Credit Solutions response

Welcome aboard Dale! Thanks for letting us assist you. We’re glad we were able to help you set up a debt management program, so you can get on the road to becoming debt free. If you have any questions about the program, please give us a call and we’ll be happy to help. We’re here to be your advocate!

Original review: April 11, 2021

Good customer service. Consolidated payment plan to pay off debt monthly so you can be financially free. Friendly and courteous staff. Easy payment plan that makes it easy to be compliant in paying off debt monthly. Helps relieve stress and anxiety related to having debt knowing that debts will be paid off if consistent with debt payment plan established according to what you are able to pay monthly.

Dear Marimil,

Thanks for your review and we were glad we could help you with your debt. As you work your way through your debt management program, we’d also like to invite you to take advantage of the free resources we offer through our Financial Education Center: https://www.consolidatedcredit.org/financial-education/ These will help you learn strategies to avoid challenges with debt in the future.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I would like to view my payment summary for 2021. I seem to be unable to find a way to log in to my account, to see if my payment for April 2021 went thru.. All I want to do is to view my payment summary.

Dear David,

Thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you. Feel free to call client services at 1-877-201-7780, one of our client services representatives will be happy to assist you. Our clients are of the utmost importance to us and we strive to deliver excellent customer service. Reviews let us know how we’re doing and how we can better serve you. Thank you for allowing Consolidated Credit to assist you and best wishes on your journey out of debt.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Tatiana was very pleasant & professional with a great personality. Everyone I've spoken with over the last year or so has been great. I haven't had any issues. Using Consolidated has bee a great experience from day 1. I didn't want to file a BK and using consolidated to take care of my Responsibility has let me do that without any hassle.

Dear Cheryl,

We’re glad we could help! Getting out of debt is a journey and along the way, we want to provide resources that can help you develop strategies for avoiding debt and maintaining financial stability in the future. If you haven’t checked out our YouTube Channel yet, we invite you to subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1AKiO-abJqLyY68lW66VHQ?. We’re constantly adding new videos that can help you become more financially savvy.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Very good agent, was very Calm and help me during the process, Was more easy than I think, I do the first step and now I feel much better and light, they help me to fix all my problem. I recommended 100%.

Consolidated Credit Solutions response

Welcome aboard Maikel! Thanks for letting us assist you. We’re glad we were able to help you set up a debt management program, so you can get on the road to becoming debt-free. If you have any questions about the program, please give us a call and we’ll be happy to help. We’re here to be your advocate!

Consolidated Credit Solutions Company Information