Get a Quote

3. Credit Counseling

4.7/5 (303 ratings)
Get a Quote

About Consolidated Credit Solutions

Consolidated Credit is a nationally recognized and certified credit counseling agency. We offer credit counseling, debt management services, debt relief and personal finance education.

Pros

• Credit counseling services
    • Nonprofit organization
    • Free resources and information

Cons

• Only works with unsecured debt

Bottom Line

Consolidated Credit Solutions is a nonprofit credit counseling service that offers free resources and information to consumers searching for debt relief help.

Top Consolidated Credit Solutions Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Tatiana was great. Very helpful. She went above and beyond with solutions to help get my debt paid off. It would be nice to be able to just deduct the amount owed since you alread...

Verified

All staff are courteous and friendly. Debt consolidation is a hassle but not with Consolidated. Looking at what your credit score is embarrassing to me but there have been no judg...

What is Consolidated Credit?

Consolidated Credit Solutions is a nonprofit credit counseling company that offers advice, information and financial education to its clients. Its mission is to help you improve your finances through practical training and debt resources. If you’re struggling with credit card debt, you can get a free, confidential evaluation with a certified credit counselor by visiting Consolidated Credit Solutions’ website and entering the following information:

• Your first and last name
    • Your debt amount
    • The status of your payments
    • Your phone number
    • Your email address
    • Your zip code

Once you’ve submitted the required information to Consolidated Credit Solutions, the company works with you to manage your unsecured debts by:

• Reviewing your monthly budget
    • Making a full assessment of your debt
    • Checking your credit report

Consolidated Credit Solutions' debt management services

Consolidated Credit Solutions specializes in providing debt management services. The nonprofit’s website has extensive resources on debt education, including guides on how to successfully manage your money through financial hardship. These include:

• Instructions on how to create a budget
    • Four ways to help you with financial stress
    • Practical ways to rebuild your credit
    • Making the most of your credit score
    • Buying a home
    • Avoiding foreclosure

Having the right information gives you an accurate representation of your finances and helps you set up a clear debt management plan. Consolidated Credit Solutions has two online calculators to help you get the necessary numbers to manage your finances:

• A credit card debt repayment calculator that shows you how long it will take to pay off your balances and gives you advice on the best way to eliminate your debt
    • A debt-to-income ratio calculator that helps you discover if you’re maintaining a healthy amount of debt for your finances or if you need to take steps to reduce your debt immediately

Consolidated Credit Solutions' housing counseling

Consolidated Credit Solutions offers prepurchase housing counseling services to homebuyers. In this process, your credit counselor prepares you for the cost of buying a home by:

• Assessing your finances
    • Helping you create a budget
    • Helping you qualify for the best interest rate
    • Reviewing the various costs of buying a home
    • Helping you establish a realistic price range

Is Consolidated Credit a good idea?

Consolidated Credit Solutions is a nonprofit that offers multiple resources for those seeking to manage their debt or who are preparing for a significant purchase. The company uses experienced advisors to provide tips and guidance on how to manage your debt and increase your credit score. If you’re struggling to manage your debt or credit card bills but don’t want to lower your credit score, Consolidated Credit Solutions' credit counseling services could be a good idea.

Consolidated Credit Solutions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Consolidated Credit Solutions?

Original review: May 6, 2021

I was very doubtful about any consolidation program but this program that was personally designed for my needs was the best. I recommend CONSOLIDATED CREDIT SOLUTIONS 100%... I never thought how fast I could get out of debt and with Consolidated Credit Solutions I did it in no time...THANK YOU for always being only a phone call away when I had a question.

Consolidated Credit Solutions response

Congratulations on the successful completion of your debt management program Elva! We’re glad we could help! Go ahead pat yourself on the back for your hard work and perseverance. Testimonials like yours are invaluable. They give those reluctant to seek help the courage and motivation to do so. We appreciate you and wish you the very best in all your financial endeavors. Cheers!

Get buying tips about Credit Counseling delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Updated on 06/06/2021: You have all been very professional and upfront about everything. I have never doubted that I chose the right company to help me with my financial recovery. I am at the 3 month mark and all is smooth so far. I look forward to working my way out of debt.

Original Review: Anthony ** was terrific when I called and put me at ease, and respectfully went over all aspects of this credit resolution process and explained it in a way I could understand. I was truly surprised how much he knew and was so respectful and after talking with he for over an hour I knew I had contacted the right company. I was concerned I might get with a company that was a scam, I knew this company was not only honest, but operated with integrity.

Consolidated Credit Solutions response

Welcome aboard Mark! Thanks for calling. We’re glad we could help. As you work your way through your debt management program, please let us know if there’s anything you need. Our client services team is here to answer any questions that you have and assist you in overcoming any challenges that may arise as you work to become debt-free.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Any time I've called, the customer service reps have been extremely helpful and polite. I have been able to get myself out of debt and get to a point where I will be able to purchase a home and not have this looming over me.

Consolidated Credit Solutions response

Congratulations Megan! We’re glad we could help you! Go ahead pat yourself on the back for your hard work and perseverance. Testimonials like yours are invaluable. They give those reluctant to seek help the courage and motivation to do so. We appreciate you and wish you the very best in all your financial endeavors. Cheers!

We have a wealth of free resources that can help you develop strategies for avoiding debt and maintaining financial stability in the future. If you haven’t checked out our YouTube Channel yet, we invite you to subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1AKiO-abJqLyY68lW66VHQ?. We’re constantly adding new videos that can help you become more financially savvy. Also, if you haven’t signed up yet, please check out Credit Dojo: https://www.consolidatedcredit.org/courses/ It’s a fun interactive, financial literacy course that can teach you everything from basic budgeting to buying a home.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

UPDATED 4/12/2021: I am very pleased with your service, however, accessing the online portal has been frustratingly complicated. It has said that I can use either my email OR my username, along with my password to gain access. Yet, I have not been able to use my email before today. I have just received an email that allowed me to use my email address after I wrote an email this past weekend when I could not remember my username.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: You've had my interest rates lowered which has made it easier to pay off my balances. I am hoping to have every balance at zero by summertime. I did have some challenges signing in online, but the problem has been resolved.

Dear Emily,

Thanks for your review and we were glad we could help you with your debt. Glad your issue has been resolved. As you work your way through your debt management program, we’d also like to invite you to take advantage of the free resources we offer through our Financial Education Center: https://www.consolidatedcredit.org/financial-education/ These will help you learn strategies to avoid challenges with debt in the future.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I am very thankful for the opportunity to be working with Consolidated Credit Solutions. From the moment I first spoke to them, they were very courteous and professional. We discussed how the process was going to work and had approval in about a 15-20 minute conversation. The online forms were easy to complete and she led me through each one. I have a plan now to consolidate my debt that will allow me to pay about half of what the individual bills were charging and at a lower interest rate. I can monitor my progress on the website as well. Again, I am very happy with the excellent customer service I received and am looking forward to working with this company on my way to becoming debt free.

Welcome aboard Lisa!

Original review: July 15, 2021

Rafael was very pleasant to talk to and explained everything. Good experience. This is going to help us tremendously. Then he sent us to the closer and everything went great. He guided us through the paperwork and it was smooth sailing from there.

Consolidated Credit Solutions response

Welcome aboard Tammy! Thanks for letting us assist you. We’re glad we were able to help you set up a debt management program, so you can get on the road to becoming debt free. If you have any questions about the program, please give us a call and we’ll be happy to help. We’re here to be your advocate!

Original review: July 10, 2021

David ** was easy to talk to. Extremely helpful. I have already recommended this service to my daughter. David was pleasant. He took all my bills. Actually told me what I was paying out vs, what was coming in and put a new light on the budget. I really appreciate his time and patience with me.

Dear Jacqueline,

Thanks for letting us know how we did! We’re happy we were able to help you find a solution to get out of debt. If you have any questions about your debt management program or what you can expect now that you’re enrolled, please don’t hesitate to call us. We’re here to help!

Original review: July 9, 2021

They keep in constant contact calling and calling all the time. When I need to reach them the customer service is always nice. So far so good. Still in the middle of reducing the debt. It's a slow process but it will be worth it when I reach the finish line.

Consolidated Credit Solutions response

Welcome aboard Yvonne! Thanks for letting us assist you. We’re glad we were able to help you set up a debt management program, so you can get on the road to becoming debt free. If you have any questions about the program, please give us a call and we’ll be happy to help. We’re here to be your advocate!

Original review: July 8, 2021

Called in for a regular review of my account updates and was greeted kindly. My overwhelming debt has been easy to handle with the help of people like these. I have been with them for only 2 years and was told today that I will be debt free in less than 12 months!

Dear Aubrey,

Thanks for reaching out to Consolidated Credit for help with your credit card debt. While we’re helping you get out of debt through your debt management program, don’t forget to take advantage of the free financial education resources we offer. If you haven’t signed up yet, please check out Credit Dojo: https://www.consolidatedcredit.org/courses/ It’s a fun interactive, financial literacy course that can teach you everything from basic budgeting to buying a home.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Straight to the point, answers right away. Got all the info I needed. Fixed my password and tolerated my frustrated self exquisitely. Give Bibi a raise for sure! It's tough out there for customer support reps. God bless Bibi.

Dear Matthew,

Thanks for calling and we’re glad we could help. As you work your way through your debt management program, please let us know if there’s anything you need. Our client services team is here to answer any questions that you have and assist you in overcoming any challenges that may arise as you work to become debt free.

Consolidated Credit Solutions Company Information