toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

We are very happy that you had a helpful experience each time you reached out to us. Each of our departments works hard to ensure that your questions and concerns get the attention that they deserve. Congratulations on getting your bills paid off early! It sounds like you learned a lot about credit cards (yes, even store cards)! Excellent work, Tarsha, please call us if you need anything else.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I used Cambridge Credit Counseling many years ago and this is my second go around using them. I had too many bills going on at one time that I couldn't keep up, then I reached out to them to consolidate my bills. They're always helpful each time I call. I paid off my bills sooner than I expected and learned that I don't need 50,000 credit cards, especially not the store ones where the interest rate is always top. Now, I feel like I don't even need them.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Thanks for leaving us your feedback, Mildred, and thank you for recommending us to so many people. We understand that one of the largest hurdles to getting through with our program is mustering up the courage to get ON our program! We're glad that you called us, and trusted us to help you through to the end of our program. We hope your new money-management skills keep you debt free, but don't hesitate to call us if you ever need any help.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I came to know about Cambridge Credit Counseling through my dad. I recognized that I have some financial issues when I reached out to them so it was recommended once I called a hotline to find out about the service and they suggested that I give them a call and see if they'd work with me. I had a pretty good experience with the Cambridge reps. I was not sure about everything but they guided me in the right direction. They were able to consolidate and lower interest rates. Working with Cambridge made me recognize to not ever get in so much debt again and to manage my money more effectively. I have recommended them to a lot of people.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Steven, we are very pleased to hear that your experience was warm and welcoming from start to finish. That is truly the kind of customer service we strive to deliver here. We hope that our program continues to affect your lifestyle through our budgeting help and education. Please, feel free to contact us again if you need any further assistance! We'd be happy to help.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I had a friend who knew about Cambridge Credit Counseling and I reached out to them since I needed help in consolidating and lowering interest rates on my debt. They were able to do that and their team was very professional, kind, and compassionate. They have tremendously affected my lifestyle while I was working with them by lowering rates and giving me one bill. I had another bill and I needed to go back to them. They were very kind about that and did a great job. They helped me out of a bind.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to consolidate my debt and pay it down and be done with it, and that’s exactly what Cambridge does for a very practical way and a very reasonable cost. I had no problem paying them their small fee because of the service that they provided. I certainly didn’t want to default on the debts and I really didn’t want to get into the position where lawyers would be involved. As I asked questions, their reps were very informative and explained that they negotiate with the credit card companies for a reduced rate, and that obviously knocks away the interest and so I can pay down the principal much faster. They were great.

As I work with the people, and I came up with an aggressive monthly payment but something that I could swing, I was able to get rid of $28,000 of debt in four years which was huge, and I just kept to it. I never broke week-to-week, or month-to-month. I did automatic payment, which they offer a small percentage break on and I disciplined myself to make sure that the money was there. It was painful but we've got to crunch our budget and eventually make our budget work for us instead of being a slave to it. I have learned my lesson now. When my appliance breaks or furniture needs to be replaced, I financed a lot of the stuff with credit cards which is not good and I wanted to get out of it as fast as possible, and I'm making my way through.

Once I negotiated the whole thing and got all my questions answered and got it in place, I hardly had to interact with them at all. They did a follow up a year afterward and they sent a newsletter. Their communication was clear and their documentation was good. They took care of everything I possibly could consolidate apart from my credit union, which doesn’t do any kind of reduction on the interest rate. They tackled everything that they could possibly tackle and now that I'm done with that, I'm on to my credit union and knocking off that credit card debt.

Many thanks, Tim **, for you and your company taking me on as a client. I had done my own due diligence re you folks, and you are most well thought of in Georgia and the country. BBB gives Cambridge an A+ rating. I went on instinct, too, and your voice is kind and your answers were correct, direct, and I was impressed.

In looking over one page that was sort of my bio, I was amazed at the job you did in putting together who I was, the reasons I needed your company's help, and where I was in managing my debts. Your answers were right-on and they came from a phone call! Later I shared with you that I was a recent widow. You expressed your condolences and added my being a widow to the list of reasons I needed help. In fact, some creditors were taking advantage of my loss. Well, I'd tried as hard as I could to become debt-free without success. I am so grateful to you, Tim **, and Cambridge, for going to bat for me. I sincerely recommend you and Cambridge to anyone who wants to avoid further creditor nightmares. You people know what you are doing and you truly care about your clients.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a lot of debt and secured credit. I wanted to do something about it, so I decided to contact Cambridge. Their team was very friendly and helpful. They were also very knowledgeable and answered questions quickly if I needed something. Working with them has gotten me out of debt with credit companies. Other than that, I learned a lesson about credit cards. Cambridge is a godsend. I had a life-changing experience with them and I'll never be in that situation again. If I know someone that is, I would definitely recommend them. With Cambridge, you don't have to stress or worry about your debt.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge was one of the two companies that I looked into and we just went with them. It was something that I needed to have done as soon as possible. I was in a hurry and needed something to try to help me manage my debt. We had a lot of credit cards at that time we took out trying to compensate for a lot of things. So a lot of the credit cards started out with not a large amount. Then I got behind them and they wouldn’t increase it and then it caused us to get another.

I appreciate them and they really helped me out in a really tight bind that I was in. They helped me to get it taken care of and they were really lenient on the payment. I’d also went to another establishment to pay for something else that I had to purchase and some of those credit cards I had with Cambridge. Cambridge was really helpful in working with that transaction to the part where it got my payment down to them. I thought they’d be mad, but they were very understanding. I thought it would be a complicated, ongoing thing. But it was a two-day transaction. It was complete and they called me with the new payment.

A lot of my interactions with them were done online. I didn’t receive any statements, which I had to go online for. But if there were actually any problems someone would take the time to call me on the phone. There weren’t that many problems though and it was not a problem contacting anyone. So I had learned my lesson with credit cards over that. It is better to have only one credit card that I keep a close tab on. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge explained everything nicely and they did a great job the whole time I was with them. I started the program five years ago and I just finished it about three months ago. The counselor did everything he's supposed to do and contacted me appropriately. Everything went smoothly. They asked me what I could afford and I told them, and that's what they worked out. They provided consolidation and they lowered my interest rates. Then I wanted to request how much more I owed, and the customer support got right on it and contacted the company that I owed and got it all squared away immediately. They were very helpful. I had peace of mind getting all my bills paid off automatically and debited from my account. I knew that every month, so much is coming out of my account to pay off all my bills, and it worked out fine. It's excellent and it's the best that I could imagine. I really enjoyed working with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I appreciate Cambridge's service. They check with us early, sent us regular communications, asked if we were satisfied, and if we wanted to make any changes or modify our program in any way. I appreciated that they stayed in contact with us during the whole process. And the process is pretty simple. Once we got the program set up, we just followed the original plan and it's completed. It's something that more people gotta take advantage of.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge was the company on my credit card bill and so I went with them. Their representatives were good and friendly people. They were able to help me lower interest rates and get things started paying off.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was told to go to Cambridge and the guy that I talked to was really nice. I'm old and was interested in getting my bills paid off and being able to live on what I had. Cambridge accomplished that for me and I just got myself paid off. They were very good and I have some extra money now that I didn't have before. After they did this for me, I used them for a reverse mortgage.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had let things get out of hand and needed to consolidate. I wasn't getting anywhere. I talked to a couple of people at Cambridge and they seemed like the most personable. The main reason why I went with Cambridge Credit was because the rep was very detail oriented and thorough, which made me comfortable. He went through the whole process, explained what, how and how long it was going to happen. He gave me options and didn't dictate anything. Customer support has been wonderful, and the loan consolidation program allowed me to get control of our finances to the point that we were able to pay it off early. They also helped us save our credit and when we retire, it's important. They allowed that to happen for us and it gave me a real sense of security because the rep talked long term. I completed the program already and I would highly recommend them to anybody who is in the situation that I was in.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter is a private equity person. She looked into Cambridge Credit Counseling and thought that it would be best. They helped me out in a really tough time. Their team was very good. They were very considerate and knowledgeable. We got back on our feet and we were able to pay it off early.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard nothing but good things about Cambridge Credit Counseling on the radio. I was getting too far on debt on credit cards so I sought for their services. Enrolling was easy and I was happy with everybody I spoke to. They were all polite and willing to help me. My payments automatically came out of my bank account once a month. The program improved my life by getting me out of debt, and by getting a little more money from disability and not having to spend it all on credit cards and then turn around and run them back up. I'm able to afford my meds now, too. I would highly recommend them. I was able to get myself back together and they worked everything out for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had too much credit card debt so I decided to contact Cambridge. I called and told them about the credit cards and how much I owed. Then, they figured out how much my payments would be. They were able to lower my interest rate. I finished the program this March and the payments they set up worked for me. Working with Cambridge was a good experience and it helped me a lot. Since then, I have learned to stay away from credit cards. Now, I have a little extra money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Cambridge on the TV and liked it. Their representatives were very friendly. Since working with them, I've been doing better with the account that I had. It's very nice of them to help me out and I really appreciate it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm from the Boston area and Cambridge helped me with debt consolidation. Enrolling with them was very easy and now I'm debt free.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was getting ready to retire but my bills were getting overwhelming and I couldn’t do it anymore. I was looking on the internet and found Cambridge. Anytime I called, they were very helpful. I got email statements every month and afterwards, I never had an issue with anything. If I had a question about something even the ones I thought were stupid, I called and they walked me through whatever I had to do or explained what was going on. Working with them, my life has been better. It’s been easy going and when the bills come in the mail, it’s not stressful.

My payment arrangements were really good too. They secured everything and the only thing I really had to do in the beginning was to get Cambridge all the account numbers and they took care of everything. They figured out what I asked if the interest rates were lowered and they worked out the payment plan. They then asked my finances at home. Also, I learned to live within my means, to save or have rainy day funds, and that no credit cards are worth it. Overall, they were very professional, were understanding and were decent people to work with. My husband recommended them to a man that he works with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge was dealing with five creditors for me. They looked at what I was paying to those creditors per month and had me negotiate to lower the interest rates and then figured in what I have to pay them. There was only one creditor who would not lower their interest rate. I got my break on lowering the interest rates so I paid them off quickly.

Cambridge also needed to know when the due date were and they were never late. Then I would call their team to keep myself updated. They have sent me stuff in the mail periodically and when they started dropping off, they would send me a notice. I would call them to confirm and see what they were going to do when they increased payment to the other creditors and lowered my payment to them. Originally, the creditors were taking $40 a month out and then it was $279. By the time I got with Cambridge, it had gone down for $20.

Their fee could have been lower but I understand why they did that. It was explained to me that my monthly cost to Cambridge was based on how much I owed on all of those accounts. If my debt had been higher, what I paid per month would’ve been higher. I could take this extra $40 a month but I didn't have the discipline to do that. So I went with someone that I knew would help me get these credit cards. Also, I never would have cancelled them without Cambridge and I never would have gotten out of debt.

It was a struggle at first and I thought about canceling. But it worked out for my bank’s debt. It was a long five years as I was coming up on the dent. The last that I paid off was Discover. With only two months left come April, that $279 will be off the book. Without Cambridge, I will still be paying those credit cards or at least some of them. So it’s been an absolute help to me and I’m never going to get into that kind of debt again. But if I do decide to be stupid, I’ll go back to Cambridge. I was very pleased with them and I have recommended them to others that I knew were struggling.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My employer cut my hours, therefore, cutting my income and I started to struggle. I don’t get that much per month for social security and by the time my rent, utilities and insurance coverage are paid, I have very little left. Somebody in the church had mentioned to me Cambridge. I called them and it was awesome. I asked myself why I didn't do it months ago. They helped me pay off debts and consolidated everything into one payment. They were so nice, courteous and very helpful. As I got things paid off, they lowered my payments and every time I get something paid off, they wrote to me saying that it was paid off. Whenever I called to find out about my balances, they looked it up almost instantly and while I’m talking to them, they’re one step ahead of me. Everything was paid off in two-and-a-half years.

I’ve learned a lot. I’ve learned to fix my budget, stick to it and to be a little bit more conscientious about my credit cards and my spending. I’m living on extremely limited income and at times, it’s rough. I’d rather go to the library and read books than to go to a movie and spend $15 which is a waste of money. I think twice before I do something or buy something now. I recommended them to a few of my friends that were looking into it. I will go back to them when I need them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had some questions about some stuff that I was doing before and what the interest rate was. I decided that I needed to do something. I had called Cambridge before and they called me back to check and see if I was interested in their services or not and so I chose to work with them. The people on Cambridge's team were really nice. I told them how much my debt was and what the interest rate was over the phone. Then, they asked me to email the information to them. After that, they sent me the contract and told me how many payments there were and what they were for. I signed it and sent it back to them.

Cambridge was able to get my interest rate way down. Also, everything was done exactly like they had told me before I had signed the contract. They verified everything that they had told me. The whole process took three years. During that time, I was paying double what they quoted me so that I could pay my debt off faster. The process was simple and it worked out well for me. Since working with Cambridge, I've learned not to use credit cards anymore because the 29% interest rate that some of them charge is just outrageous.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had three cards that I wanted to be consolidated. Contacting Cambridge's team was very easy. I didn't have to wait for them. If they couldn't answer a question, they would give somebody who could. They helped me whenever issues are needed to be resolved. Cambridge also lowered my interest rates and helped me take care of my credit cards.

The payments Cambridge set up for me were reasonable. They were also very flexible though the credit card companies they're dealing with might have gotten a little stiff. Though I would be a week or ten days late with payments once in a while, I always paid. It took two years to get everything consolidated and now I'm done. They sent me a certificate which said I had finished the course. Since working with them, I've learned that though I could pay more bills if I was still making $1200 a week, it puts a little strain on me when that amount gets cut in half. I'd recommend Cambridge to anybody in the same situation I was.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had some debt that we were trying to get taken care of to make our credit better. I looked up Cambridge's website and decided to go with them. Their team was always professional and helpful. They took a year and a half to get everything taken care of though we've added things on in between. Since working with Cambridge, I've learned to make payments the best I can so I can keep things from going into my credit. They've helped make my life a lot better and I recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Had no problems with Cambridge when worked through things and paid off my two credit cards five years ago. After the initial setup, I just send them my checks. I would recommend Cambridge Credit Counseling.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A co-worker of mine recommended Cambridge and said that they were good and I just went with it. Since working with Cambridge, I can manage the credit cards that I had better. It seems like I'm on a better path and got some debt paid off. Overall, my experience with Cambridge was very straightforward and if I know anybody that needed some help, I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I decided to contact Cambridge to get the assistance. Their team was friendly, very helpful, and knowledgeable. The program went smoothly after it was all set up, so I have no complaints. I’m done with the program and Cambridge had all my debt cleared off.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online and learned about Cambridge. I wanted to pay off credit cards so I contacted them. I'm finished with their program now and my sisters are doing the same.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to do something about my situation and Cambridge Credit Counseling helped us do it. They were very friendly and nice about doing it and keeping up with everything that's going on with us. What they charged me is really nothing for what they do. They take their time and make sure I get all the paperwork in. Then they call if I needed anything. If they needed anything else, they’d let me know and give me a timely manner to get it back to them. It was wonderful to me because there was no stress. I’d tell them what I wanted to be done and they’d go from there. Working with them has been wonderful and I appreciate them. Before or about the end of this year, I'm going to ask for their services again especially with regards to my credit report and I know they’d help me consolidate whatever that's in there that needed to be fixed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My girlfriend initially got on Cambridge Credit Counseling and then I followed her. They were able to lower my interest rate, and at the conclusion of the program I felt much better. I have more flexibility now. It was great for me but I don’t want to be put on that road again. I would recommend Cambridge and I would tell people to stick with the program. It’s gonna be tough in the beginning, but stick with it and they will see success at the very end. But they may start seeing it while they're in the program because I did.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got Cambridge to consolidate my credit cards and working with them has been pretty good. They were able to lower my interest rate.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I reached out to Cambridge Credit to alleviate my debt and I only got positive things to say about my experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had read some reviews and Cambridge seemed to be credible so I gave it a shot. I wanted an overall reduction of some of my stuff and reduction of payments and they were able to do that. Their team was very helpful. Now I'm a little more thoughtful in planning and strategic thinking.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were in a tremendous debt and I was out of work so I reached out to Cambridge. They were professional, helpful and they were able to lower my interest rate. I've had sessions with them earlier on fiscal responsibility and things of that nature so it helped me learn about those. It's been a positive experience.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Profile