67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

That's awesome, Shirley! Excellent work! It's completely okay that you didn't always take advantage of our follow-ups; they're not for everyone! Some people prefer a more hands-on approach, and at Cambridge we try to provide options for all types of people. Thank you for recommending us, and if you ever need anything else, don't be shy. Give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I kept paying my bill and it wasn't reducing because of the high-interest rate. I needed to stop the high interest, so I connected with Cambridge Credit Counseling. Initially, the team at Cambridge explained the program to me and they assigned me a counselor. They were doing follow-ups every three months, and sometimes I would participate, but sometimes I wouldn't. I couldn't use the card, but it was fine. They were able to lower my interest rates. In fact, it seemed like I was never going to pay the card off if I had not solicited their help. My experience with them was great, and I would definitely recommend them.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

David, first of all congratulations on your completion of our program. We're very happy to hear that you had such a good experience with our counselor, Chris. We're also glad to hear that you utilized all of the amenities that our program has to offer. That's truly one of the best ways to get the most out of working with us! (Although, it may not be for everyone!) It's unfortunate that you lost your business, David, but we hope that you're on the right track to financial freedom now. Please, call us if you need anything!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I lost a business that I was running and came into an enormous amount of debt, and Cambridge was able to lower my interest rates 100%. I dealt with someone named Chris from start to finish and he was awesome. They helped me out the entire way. They send newsletters and they constantly are calling to check to see how my credit and finances are doing. They give plans and tips to keep me completely going and steadfast in the program. They did exactly what I needed them to do and they did exactly how they said they were gonna do it which is the most important thing. They were an amazing company and I actually have my mom use them now.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Hi there, Robbie, great job on completing our program! We hope being debt free feels grand. We're glad that we were able to consolidate all of your debts, and lower your payments. We know staying out of debt can be tough, but if you ever need us again, please feel free to give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I had four credit cards that I couldn’t afford to keep paying on my own, so Cambridge consolidated them and made them easier to pay off. In the beginning, I spoke to a gentleman who went through the whole thing with me on how to do it. They contact the creditors and they set up the plan with them to lower the interest and to do the plan. Then they just deduct it out of my bank every month. It's an extra $300 a month that I'm not paying out now, so that helps. It also helped having a little extra money on my pocket because they teach people how to save a little more and how to not use other cards while we're using them. It was five years and I just paid it all, and at the end they sent me a certificate of completion.

Every month Cambridge sends a statement to ask how I'm doing and what I have left. They also lower my monthly payments on one card so it's like a cheaper monthly payment than what I would be paying for four separate cards. I got to learn not to use my credit cards so much so I don’t have to do this again. Overall they were a very good company and it worked on my behalf.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a lot of credit cards and things that we had to use for medical bills. We heard about these credit counseling things and then a person from John Hagee Ministries was recommending Cambridge, so we called them and they explained how it worked. And they basically did away with most of the interests. They were very friendly and anytime I called them, they always answered my questions and helped me out. We stuck with Cambridge because we committed ourselves to it and it was a big relief when we’re finished. We were very happy with what they’ve done for us and hopefully, we will not be using the credit cards like we did before.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted some help and Cambridge helped me with my credit rate. Most of their staff were friendly. There was a little mix-up on the last part of the deal, though, but that was straightened out. All in all, I appreciate what they have done. They got me on the right feet again and I'm very careful now about what I do in the future about credit. I pay on time and I like to have a good relationship with whoever I deal with as reference to business. I'll tell others about Cambridge.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to get out of my credit card debt and last month, I finally paid it all off. Now I try not to get too much in debt too quick and I've cut back on expenses. Cambridge was able to lower the interest rate and I had automatic deductions out of my pay from the bank which made it a lot simpler. Also, I retired from the State and got a bonus so that helped me paid the debt off earlier. The people at Cambridge were great to work with. Whenever I need to talk them, there is somebody there to talk to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I asked Cambridge about them working with military and veterans and they did do that and they gave a special discount for it. Their staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. They always answered my questions fully. I was also impressed that they made it very clear what I was gonna need to do, what it was gonna cost and what was gonna be expected. I knew certain amount of money was gonna be deducted to my checking account. And they did a very good job in keeping me informed of when certain companies were paid off. I couldn't say enough good things about them. Also, my wife and I have been able to establish a savings account and an emergency fund. And we're much more diligent about our finances and staying within our budget. It just worked out very well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge have really helped me out two times already. I'm on retirement so it has really put a squeeze on me trying to pay this bill and pay other things which left me bounced with all and nothing to do. But Cambridge have really, from the bottom of my heart, helped me with this situation. They took care of my bill and it's paid off. They also told me to look for a refund from them and it's not much but it's better than nothing. And the staff answered all my questions and were very good to me. I am very pleased with Cambridge. I'm hoping I don't have to bother them again but if I do, I definitely will call them again. I was very satisfied and I will recommend anybody to them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted my bills paid off and get caught up so I went to Cambridge. Everything went well and they're very friendly. Then, everything got paid off and now, I got money again. I've learned not to spend more than what I'm making.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge helped us a great deal. We started out paying a lot of money every month and it kinda got hard at times, but they were good to work with me. They were able to lower the interest rate and give light fees. Then this past month, we made our last payment. All of our credit cards got paid off.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m extremely pleased with Cambridge Credit Counseling. I was able to do what I needed and they were able to work with what I was able to budget. They gave me monthly reports and I was able to follow through and see what was going on. Cambridge took care of everything. I have recommended them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m overly satisfied with the progress I’ve made with Cambridge. I’ve enrolled with them before and they were able to lower my interest rate both times. Working with Cambridge taught me about credit cards and how to maintain them if I do have them again. In the three times that I called, the team was friendly and easy to work with. They answered all my questions. Keep up the good work, Cambridge.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Cambridge has been great. I got out of the debt I was in but now I'm starting to accumulate it back up again. Nevertheless, I had no problem with them and would definitely recommend them to somebody else.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had high credit card debt. We wanted to get it closed or in line because of retirement, so I decided to connect with Cambridge Credit Counseling. I used them for three years and they were able to lower my interest rate. There were only a few times that I had to talk with their team but they were always helpful. In fact, I drew a pension early and I paid the account off early. Dealing with Cambridge improved my lifestyle greatly, and it was very effective in helping me with the needs that I had. They had very professional people to talk to and they kept me informed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I was in college, a credit company gave me $10,000 which they never should have done. I was irresponsible and I spent it, plus some in terms of other credit cards that I may have picked up along the way. I learned about Cambridge when my friend made mention that she was using a company that wasn't going to impact her credit rating and that I should consider it. I was close to $16,000 in debt prior to signing on board with Cambridge and now I'm free, so it's wonderful.

They lowered interest rates on all of my cards. I had a payment that was due for each one of them that was consolidated. I paid $350 a month to Cambridge, which is actually less than what I was paying combined with each card. So it was a saving to just use Cambridge and then more of a savings because they lowered my interest rates.

I'd highly recommend Cambridge. It was a great company to work with. I know it's easy for people to get in debt and to have something like that that's available is definitely a plus for sure. My only complaint with Cambridge would be that when I started with them, I had someone that I was working with, like a point of contact. I understand in any line of business that there is turnover but they didn't designate somebody new to my case. Aside from that though, it was easy enough to contact them myself if I needed to. But if I'm giving any type of feedback, it will be helpful to replace case managers, etc.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge did a great job. My credit card debt was getting pretty high. And if I'll just pay the minimum every month on each of the cards then I'll wind up just breaking even and not getting anywhere. There are all sorts of programs out there where they say they've been paid back a small part of what people owe. But all those things really go bad against people's credit. So, we didn't wanna do that. But it was nice that Cambridge could consolidate it together and negotiate for better interest rates 'cause that helped a lot. For example, Sears was an ungodly amount 26% and they got it down to 7%. So it was really phenomenal.

Also, when I had to call a few times to postpone the withdraw date when things came up, it was no problem. They just postpone it in the system for a week so that everything would clear. They're very professional and reliable. I didn't worry about the credit cards not getting their payments on time because they're very trustworthy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Very helpful and good experience with Cambridge Credit Counseling. I have decided to work with them because I lost my fulltime job. I lost income and I just couldn't afford all the bills anymore. Their team members were helpful and nice. They were knowledgeable and explained everything to me thoroughly. Cambridge Credit Counseling have made positive changes to me. I know better than to overspend. I know how to budget and I look for more affordable ways to do things. If they hadn't made such an effort to work with me and continue working with me, I never would have been able to get through this. I recommend them to my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband had really bad credit when we got married so we took out all the credit cards in my name. Then he started building his credit up so he was allowed to get credit cards in his name. My credit is better than his and we wanted to build his so we closed out my credit cards with Cambridge. Working with them helped us get caught up on a bunch of other bills and build up a little bit of savings.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have worked with Cambridge Credit Counseling to get rid of my debt. Very good company, they were able to lower my interest rates. I had positive interaction with their team members. They have the Good Payer Program from which I gained insights on how to manage your money and how to reduce your debt. Working with them affected my lifestyle positively. I recommend them to my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The team at Cambridge helped me out a lot. I tried to file for bankruptcy, but I didn't have to since they took care of everything. I did have a very expensive car payment but we worked at it to get it paid once a month. Everything worked out good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everything went well with Cambridge. Their customer service reps were great. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend told me about Cambridge and I've been using them for three years. My interactions with the reps are always good and it's a pretty easy process dealing with them. I was able to pay everything off.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just needed one payment for all 15 credit cards I had, I was behind on the payments and I couldn't keep up on them so I'd reached out and Cambridge was able to lower the interest rates. Our credit was locked up for quite a while but we were able to do it. To be able to pay off the large amount of debt that I owed, and lowering the interest rate were just a plus.

The Cambridge team were always helpful and anytime that I've reached out, I've always gotten an answer. Plus, it's truly been an educational learning experience with Cambridge and not to have more than one or two credit cards for main purposes is the huge financial insight that I have gained. Cambridge made it very easy for me to pay off my debt. After I've taken all that time to pay off the debt that we had, I wish more people would pay off their debt with Cambridge rather than claim bankruptcy because I can name about five people in my family that have done more than once and claiming bankruptcy is an easy way out but it kills their credit.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I signed up with Cambridge Credit Counseling for my daughter to get her bill down. I was very hesitant then but they talked me into doing it, explaining everything. Their team members were all very helpful. There's a way to get rid of the bill, and somebody's out there to help. Working with Cambridge helped my daughter immensely and she got rid of the bill. It was a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I both retired and had income. But when she passed away, my income took a hit of about 45% and unfortunately, I still had bills. I had two options. One was to declare bankruptcy which I wasn't too excited about doing and the other was to seek out credit counseling and I decided to go with that. I did a comparison of the various credit counseling services and read reviews from some of the customers of each of the services and Cambridge was the best choice.

Their reps were very understanding, helpful and proactive. They lowered my interest rates and payments which helped me immensely. I was paying a number of different creditors but I pay one payment to Cambridge a month and that made it a lot simpler. My debt has been reduced considerably and I'm doing better and with much less stress. Instead of bankruptcy, I would recommend a person to approach Cambridge first to see if they could help. It was one of the best decisions I've made at this point in my life and I'm glad I did it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge Credit Counseling helped us get out of debt from underneath our credit cards. We went straight to Cambridge for assistance and they were able to lower the interest rate. The team was really helpful and friendly. Since working with Cambridge, we learned how to spend money more wisely and not to spend money that we don't have.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a little too overboard and wanted to get out of debt. I connected with Cambridge and it was wonderful. I gained a lot of things since I started working with them. They helped me out and they're good people to deal with. I needed to tell somebody from Cambridge though that I had paid through the store 'cause I had the money right then but they had drafted $94 out of my account. They wrote to tell me that they owed me some money and they're going to send it to me but I haven't received it yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got laid off and it was a sudden thing and then I found myself with enormous debt. I was looking for a vehicle to help me manage and overcome that debt process. I heard a radio announcement about Cambridge then I called the 800-number. I did the initial intake and they worked out a program with me based on the information that I provided. There were no problems throughout the process. I feel so much better that the process is over. What that program did was it stopped creditors from contacting me directly. And they were paid promptly because they did an automatic debit out of my checking account. So, everything went well and I was pleased with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's been a good experience with Cambridge Credit. They're very friendly and always helpful. I'm done paying my debt so now I'm saving money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I connected with Cambridge Credit Counseling to consolidate my debts.They were all very nice and were able to lower my interest rate. It made things easier. I learned to pay more attention since working with them.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Profile