4.90/5
Based on 343 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

We are approved to provide reverse mortgage (HECM) counseling by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs, we offer foreclosure intervention services to residents of MA and CT and provide bankruptcy related credit counseling services.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 19, 2018

1857 Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 19, 2018

I had dealt with Cambridge a couple of times and the experience had always been great. When I was in the program this last time, I was way over in debt and Cambridge took my bills down. I just called them, got the program set up and sent my monthly payments. I always paid them way ahead of time. A year and a half ago, I also added another account and they were very helpful with that. I would recommend them. The service was absolutely excellent and my life changed while I was in the program. Now, I've paid all my debt off, sold my home and moved in with my grandson in Virginia Beach to help look after my grandchildren.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2018

My experience with Cambridge was very good. I reached out to other companies and they weren’t truthful. But when I called Cambridge, they came upfront, they’ve explained everything to me and I was happy with what they explained. Plus, they had counseling and I could call and talk to my counselor and I liked that. I had reached out him, he told me to fax all my stuff to him and I did that and he started working. Cambridge is handling a consolidation from credit card loans mostly. And I allowed them to get money out of my checking account every month and they did that. And if I called and asked them questions, they answered them. Everybody was very courteous and nice. And the little pamphlet that they sent every month was very helpful to me. It had information on how you can manage your funds better. I'm still halfway through the program but Cambridge has been very helpful.

Original review: May 17, 2018

We had overwhelming debts and we ended up going with Cambridge's credit consolidation program. I contacted them, and the enrollment process was seamless and very easy. The rep I dealt with was able to pull our credit report and get all the information. We were not required to gather all those stuff and he had it all tidied away quickly. The counselor we had was very helpful and understanding because the situation we were in was embarrassing. Cambridge helped us get our debts organized. My husband and I were dedicated to work in the program, made our payments and did what we needed to do. The cost was fair and the service was exactly what we needed so, it was worth it for us. We completed the program and our experience was good all the way around.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Someone referred me to Cambridge and I called in and talked to someone. Someone called us back. The counselors have been really responsive. They constantly asked if there was anything we needed. They attended to any more information or helped us, and it worked out pretty good. We discussed about the dates that would work for me and they made it really convenient. We have the flexibility of our different payment schedules and we have a lot of options. We have already completed our program. They kind of kept us spinning on, just taking care of what we needed to take care of. They made us consistent and stay focused with our payment and that was the bestpart. That process freed up quite a bit of money to help do other things.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I was with somebody else then I was automatically transferred over to Cambridge. I did a debt consolidation program with them and they could be a little more organized and up-to-date on their end. Also, if you needed up-to-date information on an account, it took them a little while to get to it. And even if you made your payments to them on time, it might not be processed to the actual financial institution that you're paying off until after the due date. Also, when my cards were put in the program, they weren't very upfront about some of the consequences as far as the accounts being closed. There was a little lack of information regarding that. But I'm not gonna blame them because it did come from another company beforehand.

On the other hand, there was always somebody available. Everything that was already in place beforehand was really the same once they took it over. I had automatic payments and it just came out of my account. There's really nothing in the whole process you can't do on your own. In my opinion, you're better off doing it on your own because all that they really do is set up a payment plan for you and they close your accounts. You could actually set up your own payment plan through all your institutions, keep your accounts open, and then your credit is not affected.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: May 14, 2018

I used Cambridge Credit Counseling in the past and I liked the personality so when I needed to consolidate debt, I used them again. The enrollment process had been easy. I just gave them a list of the people that I owed money to and they took care of it. Everybody was knowledgeable and you could ask anybody who answered the phone a question. They all have the answer in front of them. I'd recommend Cambridge Credit Counseling to people who need credit counseling.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I had a very good experience with Cambridge. I got in over my head trying to help my sister. Her husband was the breadwinner of the family. He had several major strokes and was unable to work and they have four kids at home. So I kind of took on the four kids and a lot of their expenses. I also helped to pay their power bill. Things just escalated very quickly. I never got to a point where I couldn't pay my bills, but it was coming to that point where I didn't know how much longer I could keep figuring this out.

So I called Cambridge and talked to them. They worked with me and it had been a very good experience. They answered all my questions before I even had an opportunity to ask them and they made me feel very comfortable with the whole process. They were very helpful and we weren't being scolded. They took over paying all my credit cards and instead of paying like 12 different creditors, I was paying them directly once a month. It was just one lump sum and it was the same every month. And there was always somebody there if I had a question. And then they renegotiated all of my credit card rates with the credit card companies so that was much more manageable.

They sent me a notification to tell me that a card had been paid off. They gave me a phone number to call to ensure that it was paid off and also to ensure if there was a credit balance that should be returned to me. And then they met with me two or three times a year to make sure where I was at. So I've gone through four and a half years, finished a month ago and now, I am completely debt-free and that's a very good feeling. It was excellent. I know some other people who have gone through some other companies and paid a lot more money and didn't have such a good experience.

It was a huge weight off my shoulders to know that everything is paid off now. I had good credit before, but now I have better credit. They actually counseled me to determine what's the best thing to do. And they had recommended doing this instead of filing bankruptcy. So, if anybody ever told me that they were in a bad spot with debts, I would definitely recommend Cambridge. I've recommended them to several other people who have actually gone with them and also had a good experience.

Original review: May 10, 2018 We wanted to consolidate some of our debts and get rid of some of them. We did lots of research and Cambridge was rated very highly, and it proved to be true.

If we had a question and I would make a phone call, the Cambridge people would always be there. They had work done in reducing the rate of either one or two credit cards, and then basically paid monthly for us or out of our account. Everything was very well set up, very well run and communication was fabulous. The cost of the program is fair and they lowered our interest rate, so that over time, we weren't paying so much back. I just completed the process and Cambridge left me without credit card debt. It can't get any better than that.

Working with Cambridge has been very impactful and very helpful to my life. It's kind of a new beginning. I would recommend Cambridge to anybody who's looking for a little bit of help. Still to this day, I've recommended Cambridge's services and I would tell my friends to not bother doing any research, just trust me and go to Cambridge.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I had quite a large debt and the terms of that debt were unacceptable, and I knew that Cambridge could do better for me. I then went with them plus I didn't know any other company. The program has been fine and it was an automatic withdrawal from my checking account. My debt is paid off now. There was one creditor that was a problem and they took care of it.

Original review: May 7, 2018

We were trying to get some info on how we can save on our debt. We talked to some friends who had done Cambridge prior and they recommend them. So, we signed up with Cambridge. The interactions I had with my counselor were very positive. He understood that I was in debt and that he should help me. Cambridge has a great program. It helped me to be goal-oriented and it showed me how my debt was doing. There was a lot of positivity knowing that the debt was being dealt with. The cost was very minimum and it was not a lot of money for the job that Cambridge did. Working with them motivated me to deal with all my debt, not just my credit card debt. Overall, I had a very positive experience with Cambridge. The rep got the job done and it was very rewarding to finally feel that all the credit card debt went down.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I was paying large fees every month to my three credit cards and no matter how much I paid, the total number never went down. And then I stopped using them altogether and we were just kept paying, and that was my concern. Then I called a number for the credit counseling on TV and it was Cambridge. I requested them to pay my debt off, and they were very accommodating and nice. They negotiated lesser amounts. There was an automatic withdrawal every 22nd of the month for $902 from my checking account and they distributed it to the three credit cards and to them. I owed about $37000 and ended up paying almost $51000. So what I paid was a slightly lesser amount and they took 2% and, in the end, I paid it with $10000 interest.

I was glad that every time I got a statement, the amount I owed finally went down and I saw some reduction. I was finished in March, but I was getting statements from the bank even though I really didn’t owe them any money. So I called Cambridge to find out and then they adjusted everything. And my last payment was this May 2018 and it was around $600 and that was the balance that I owed Chase. I was happy to get rid of the credit card debt and I would recommend Cambridge Credit Counseling. They did what they said they were gonna do.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I saw Cambridge Credit Counseling's information on an article and there were different people saying how Cambridge was able to save them thousands of dollars and get their credit cleaned quickly and efficiently. Cambridge is all about trying to get you to better your credit, which is what I like the most about because my credit wasn’t as great until I got a hold of them. I called them and told them my situation, like what bill I had to pay, and they pretty much took me step by step with the creditors. They contacted them for me and told me the minimum amount of money that they were requiring for me to pay at that particular time. Everything was affordable. They do it within your budget and ask you the questions like what your mortgage is or how much you’re paying in gas, grocery, and so forth, which I think was a big deal because that played a factor in your everyday bills. They based it off of that and they came up with a number.

I was dealing with Chris and he was really great and very helpful. He answered any questions that I had and made me feel comfortable. He explained everything to me as he was doing it, which I actually like a lot. Also, he said after the first payment, I would be able to up it if I wanted to and if I can afford it so I can get this payment paid off in full as quickly as possible. They took care of all my debts in that last payment thing I had. I just finished paying it off and I was getting my credit pooled. I never thought my debt would be paid off in full until I was able to get my income tax and they told me the minimum payment was this. And I was able to pay it through my income tax and get it paid off in full. Unfortunately, I had another bill on my credit that we didn’t even see, me or Cambridge, but I was able to get that taken care of now. They said they saw a bill that I had to get addressed and paid before I can ask them for a mortgage process.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I had a credit card and they hiked up the interest. That was just not right. Cambridge Credit Counseling's program helped me be a better manager, to let me know that I can make it without a credit card except for major things like renovation. They would send me stuff to update how was I budgeting. I'm done with the program and it was great and easy.

Original review: May 3, 2018

When my grandson turned 18, I was gonna cut him off the cell phone because I just bought a house, so I had more bills. I was charged with a $1,000 phone bill and he was gonna get a job and pay. I’m a truck driver and I have to have my phone. I couldn’t pay any of my credit cards and it brought me behind with my house and my truck. After a few months, I came across Cambridge Credit Counseling’s number and gave them a call. They took the information, sent me papers on the internet that I was able to sign, I made copies and then sent it back. I commanded Verizon to run the prints for me and that got me started.

They consolidated my debts and I did a bank pay, so I was on the same date every month. I could count on that being paid and not have to worry. I had a schedule and I completed the program. It turned my credit around which was what I needed. If I couldn’t get a hold of the counselor, they called me back and I had no problems. I had excellent customer care and service. They were always there when I needed them and I felt very comfortable with them.

Somebody’s companies sold out my debt and I had debt collectors calling me and I told them to call Cambridge. They stopped the creditors from bugging me because it's annoying when you're driving trucks. I got quality service and they did an excellent job. I had a wonderful experience and they helped me out a lot. I would recommend anybody to go there if they needed help. I would tell people to call Cambridge who will take care of them and put a stop to all the calls they’re currently dealing with.

Original review: May 2, 2018

We were getting further and further in debt five years ago. I signed up online to Cambridge and I gave them all my credit information. I kept paying the bills while they got ahold of the creditors. We started paying Cambridge and then they made smaller payments to the companies. They got them to knock down the interest. Their reps were really good and they were really helpful. If I ever had a problem, I just called them and they would look it right up and help me figure it out. I was really surprised at how friendly and non-judgmental they were because you feel bad enough going through something like that anyway. They were also informative.

They also told me how long the payments were gonna take and how much they were gonna be paying on each account. They sent me monthly statements and they figured out what the minimum was that they could make. Then they asked me if I could afford that payment and we went from there. It would've been nice if the service was free, but it was well worth the cost because we were just getting deeper and deeper into debt. Even with the interest and stuff being knocked down, it still wasn't as much as it would've been on my own. Working with Cambridge made me more aware. I still struggle but I'm more aware of being careful not to go overboard. But it's taken a long time. Cambridge has been a big help and for others to try them. Keep up the good work.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Having too many payments and not being able to keep up, I tried reaching out to Cambridge and the woman that I spoke with seemed to be amicable. Then I got set up, and I'm glad I did. The enrollment process was a little tedious though. Some of the questions were redundant and I had a lot of information like account numbers provided to the individual I spoke with yet I got about three follow-up calls, asking me the same information all over again. And I was left with the impression that it was a commission kind of thing for her because once she got me set up, she moved on. She was never available when I had questions or I needed to call and get guidance on something. And I didn't have any other person that I dealt with so they just sent me off after I got set up.

However, I'm relieved that it's now done and over with; that I have that less pressure on me. Cambridge worked on a payment plan for me, taking all of my debt and with the fee, it came out to three years at an 'X' amount of dollars. I just think that Cambridge should not just be clinical if people call them under the same circumstance I was on. But I have recommended them to a couple of people I know, regardless, because the bottom line, I achieved the goal I wanted and that was my most important interest.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Going with Cambridge Credit Counseling seemed a better fit altogether. My mom did it for her credit card. And I was going to school. I wasn't working at the time. Cambridge also provided letters and that type of thing to help you manage your money better. If I missed a call, I would talk to the customer service, the people that they have there instead of talking to them directly. The only time I would really call them is for quick and simple things. I’m completely done with the payments and all the credit cards are gone. I cut them all up.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I got a divorce and I had a Walmart card that got up to $8,000. It was my husband's too but he wouldn't help pay on it. And the interest was so high that I couldn't keep up with the payment. I talked to somebody that recommended Cambridge and they were able to help me. They were able to call the people and make arrangements where I wouldn't have high interests and I could get it paid off. If not, I would've never got it done. Every time I had a question, I called them and they would pull me up and look at my records. There were very nice and pleasant, plus they were able to help me with my return, if I would have any.

Initially, they asked me when I would be able to make the payment. I would get paid every week so I would keep my other bills where they were supposed to be at and made sure I had the money in the checking account for Cambridge to take out. I also gave them enough time for that. Their service was excellent and my debt is all paid off now. Their program has helped me budget a lot and I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I was having trouble keeping up with all of the payment dates and wanted some relief as far as how much they were. I worked with Cambridge before and, this time, I had them consolidate two bills that I had. They went over my bills over the phone, confirmed the balances and did a summary of what it would cost monthly and how long it would take to pay everything off based on the amount for consolidation.

The payment was coming out of my bank account and I didn’t have to worry about it, though there was a monthly fee on top of what was being consolidated and I was fine with that. However, doing consolidation could hurt your credit score and some loan companies would no longer allow you to get a loan with them, which Cambridge didn’t mention. Other than that, their reps were very nice people and I didn’t have any problems with anybody over the phone being smart. And even though they were working with several different companies, they were quick in putting my estimate, confirming everything, and getting me started on the program. I'm done with the program and it has been a good experience. And I would look to them if I would be paying some stuff or tired of managing the bills.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I had a credit card debt and Cambridge was referred to me. They provided me counseling services and consolidation of payments. Their enrolment process was simple and I just provided them information over the phone. The dealing I had with their credit counselor was fine and I only talked to him at the beginning of the program. I was very comfortable working with him. He told me what the payment plan was then we went from there and it was monthly statements after that. The process was smooth and the cost was fair. We're done with the program and it worked great. It positively affected my life and I'm very satisfied with my experience. I would recommend Cambridge Credit Counseling.

Original review: April 24, 2018

A friend of mine told me about Cambridge Credit Counseling and he heard about them on the radio from one of the radio critics, Tom Martino, who said that they were good. He said to go with Cambridge and so we did since my marriage was failing and I have (HAD) a ton of debt. Cambridge provided their debt consolidation services and the enrollment process was upfront and they were honest. I talked to the counselor to get enrolled, [and I don’t think I ever talked to that person again] (WORDY). But they took care of it and it was a lot of stress off the plate.

We had one card that had a really good rate, and they could’ve taken that card and made themselves some more money. Cambridge said that they can’t beat that rate and that if the rate goes up, to let them know and they would roll it in there. They didn’t have to do that. I’m out of joint debt with my ex-wife and my credit rating has gone up, [in which] (x - AND) I would attribute that a bit to Cambridge. They could improve something where I would’ve talked to them more often. However, I didn’t reach out either.

We overpaid and then they cut us back a check, which was issued probably in February. Again, they didn’t have to do that. I didn’t know we overpaid, and I would’ve never known the difference had they not say anything nor would my ex-wife have known. I was comfortable working with Cambridge. I made that call and kept getting them the information that they needed. They took into consideration other bills that I had to pay since we still had a mortgage and we still had a truck payment for about a year and a half. Hopefully, most people don’t go through that more than once in a lifetime. My number one thing is that it’s all self-motivation. I’m out of debt, my credit rating is good now, my life is better and there's less stress.

---

REMOD;

A friend told me about Cambridge Credit Counseling. He heard about them on the radio from one of the radio critics, Tom Martino, who said that they were good and that he'd go with them. The guy who recommended Cambridge is highly successful My marriage was failing and I had a ton of debt, so I sought Cambridge’s credit counseling services. Cambridge provided me with debt consolidation services. I talked to the counselor to get enrolled in their program and he went through my debt situation with me. I talked with him a handful of times five years ago. I was comfortable working with the team at Cambridge and I kept getting them the information that they needed. They took into consideration other bills that we had to pay since we still had a mortgage and a truck payment for a year and a half.

The Cambridge guys were upfront and honest. We had one card that had a really good interest rate and they could’ve taken that card and made themselves some more money. But I was impressed that they were honest about that and they said, "We can’t beat that rate. If the rate goes up, let us know and we'll roll it in here", although they didn’t have to do that. We could have talked with the counselors more often, but I didn’t reach out to them either and just left them to handle things. Then we overpaid and they cut us back a check, which was issued in February, and again they didn’t have to do that, but it was the right thing to do. With the state of mind I was in, I didn’t know that we had overpaid and neither I nor my ex-wife would have known the difference if they had not said anything.

Hopefully, most people wouldn’t go through that situation more than once in a lifetime. My number one thing is that it’s all self-motivation. I’m out of joint debt with my ex-wife and my credit rating has gone up, and I would attribute that a little bit to Cambridge. My credit rating is good and my life is better, and I'm more comfortable now. Cambridge took care of my debts and that was a lot of stress off the plate.

---

Elizabeth: What are your thoughts about the ongoing customer support that you’ve gotten from Cambridge? You said that you wish that they would’ve reached out more. Was there anything else?

Jeff: No, I don’t think so. My number one thing, it’s all self-motivation. Self-motivated comments is that, my one main thing is just, “I’m out of debt. My credit rating is really pretty good now, and life is better, less stress.” I guess I don’t know. I’m pretty comfortable now I guess.

Jeff: Yeah. “Here, someone take this off my plate,” type of deal.

Elizabeth: How did Cambridge work with you on a payment plan? Did they take into consideration other bills that you had to pay, or just give you a lump sum that you had to pay every month?

Jeff: I think they took that into consideration. Obviously, between my ex-wife and I, we had discussed, “Can we do that number?” which we could. So, I would think they did, because we still had a mortgage and I think we still had a truck payment for about a year, year and a half.

Elizabeth: With all of that being said then, on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being that you would recommend Cambridge to a friend, and 1 star meaning that you were very dissatisfied with that experience, how would you want to rate them?

Jeff: 5-star.

Elizabeth: Would it be okay if we did post your comments on our website to ensure that that feedback was available?

Jeff: Sure.

Elizabeth: It looks like it’s jlcmuller@aol.com. Is that correct?

Jeff: No. arvadaeagles@aol.com.

Elizabeth: This call may be recorded.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I needed somebody to help me wrangle my debts and everybody at Cambridge Credit was nice. They helped me and it was very easy to get a hold of them when I had questions. Everything went well. I completed the program, they sent me my certificate, and I was satisfied.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I got overwhelmed with bills and I remembered that I had been in the program of Cambridge Credit Counseling before, a long time ago, and I wanted them to help me with their services again, so I sought their help. I had prayed about which credit counseling company to go with and Cambridge was the first one that I got to, and I called them. The services that Cambridge provided for me were nice and good. I was trying to pay down my debts and when one got paid off, they would put my payments to the other debts that I had. So, the program worked out fine. Also, my interactions with my counselor were nice every time I called in.

But the only thing that could have been done a little bit better was getting the correct amount that I had to pay. When I was paying off one debt and thought I had paid off another one, my balance wasn’t right. Then, when I had finished with the program, Cambridge had to reimburse me some money that I had overpaid and that could have been because, when I first gave them the amount that I owed the creditors, it wasn’t correct. I didn’t understand from the beginning if it was left for me to call the creditors to see how much I owed them. Nevertheless, I'm now confident and good to know that I don’t have debts because I felt like I was losing my mind at the beginning before I got into the service.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I had quite a large debt on credit cards. I read about Cambridge somewhere and I signed up for their debt consolidation program. At first, I set up an appointment to talk to one of their people and he told me what it was all about. He also told me to send in my list of debts and and after that, the payment was taken out of my check each month. I was very satisfied and very happy to have been able to clear that debt off my credit history. The payment plan that they had me on was a good one, too. It was an excellent experience and I've told my friends how nice it was. I told them that with Cambridge, you don't have to worry about the payment as it comes out of your check each month and before you know it, you're finished.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I was with Cambridge Credit Counseling five and a half years ago. I just paid the bills and I depended on them to pay them out to various people and they did it. I paid off all of those credit cards, something like $35,000, and that was nice. There was a time when I skipped one payment when I was in radiation for cancer and they said that I could skip one but I could not skip two payments. And then I ended up bringing the payments back to current. They were charging $40 a month which I didn’t find that bad. I would recommend Cambridge Credit Counseling.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Cambridge helped me out and I appreciated that. They were good and I was satisfied with my experience. The only thing that I felt that was very hard was the payment plan.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Cambridge was a good company to go with. Enrolling was quick. They knocked down the interest on my credit card and I got them paid off. It was worth it. I didn't have to worry about four bills. I just worried about one. I would recommend them.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I was feeling overwhelmed with debt and I wanted to try to get ahead and pay off my bills faster. I was directed to a Cambridge rep and he asked me questions like what bills I had. I finished making my payments last month. But I’m not sure if using Cambridge worked in my favor. The only bill that I was able to end up going through Cambridge with was from my Home Depot card in which I had to build up the balance for a couple of promotional deals where they offered 12 months without interest. But by the time I got down to a 0%, it seemed like I owed another $4,000 again because Home Depot wouldn't allow the promotional offers to be valid because of the third-party involvement.

Had I known that Home Depot was not going to allow the promotional offers, then I might have stayed without doing Cambridge. So there could have been more understanding of what I was doing at the time. Still, I’m not a hundred percent that I did the wrong thing. Besides, I had used Cambridge with my ex-husband many years ago and they really helped me. I know what services Cambridge offers and they can get people out of a lot of debt. I would recommend them.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I needed to consolidate all the credit cards I had and the enrollment process with Cambridge was easy. I got what I needed in terms of payment plan then I just followed the payment. Everything was handled okay and if I had questions, I called and they answered what I needed. I'm done and a little burden is off now.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I looked at the reviews of several, different companies and Cambridge Credit Counseling had a lot of satisfied customers, so I went with them. They provided me with consolidation services for some of my credit card debt. The enrollment process was easy and quick. I had a very helpful counselor and he was always contacting me to see if I needed any additional help. The program helped me get back on track with my finances. At this point, I have completed the program. The quality of service I received from Cambridge was well worth the cost and my experience with them was hassle-free.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Cambridge Credit Counseling was established in 1996 and works to provide credit counseling, debt management programs and financial literacy education to clients across America. It is a non-profit company and specializes in credit, housing, reverse mortgage and bankruptcy counseling and debt reduction services.

• Free credit counseling: Non-profit Cambridge Credit Counseling offers free credit counseling by nationally certified debt experts to consumers who need to find ways to get out of debt.

• Services: Cambridge Credit Counseling offers a variety of counseling services covering topics such as credit cards, housing, reverse mortgages, foreclosures, bankruptcy and overall financial education.

• Expertise: Company counselors have, on average, 13 years of experience and hold national certifications through the Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education, the Partnership for Financial Education, NeighborWorks and the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.

• Credentials: Cambridge Credit Counseling is a 501(c)(3) non-profit credit and housing counseling agency. Cambridge is an ISO 9001:2008 organization, which means its credentials are recognized worldwide.

• Best for: clients with excessive credit card debt, mortgage debt, student loan debt and individuals in need of credit counseling.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg