toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Thank you, Marguerita, for referring us to your friends. We're glad to hear that your experience was exemplary. We hope that school is going well for you! If you need any help navigating your student loans, give us a call because we offer student loan counseling as well!

Original review: June 11, 2017

I was referred to Cambridge by a friend who used them previously because I was laid off and I was going to school. I used their service for consolidating all my accounts and the enrollment process was easy. The counselors were great, too. Every time I called, they would provide the service or answer the questions I had and they were very prompt to help me. They were also very friendly and took everything into consideration in referring to the concerns and trying to help me get to where I needed to get to. I finished paying off and Cambridge helped in getting my credit established again and getting it lined up. The quality of service is good for the cost and I was very satisfied with their help so I already have them out to a couple of my other friends.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Sarah we are thrilled to hear that your debts have been paid off! It can certainly be tough to get your hands on credit cards at a young age. We truly believe that financial education is very important to help young adults navigate the treacherous world of credit, especially when using credit cards might be your only option. We hope that you have the tools to stay debt free. Please, don't hesitate to call us if you ever need help paying off future debts, or even if you just need some friendly advice! We're here to help.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I was 18 and had a bunch of credit cards that I maxed out. I was looking to consolidate it into one payment and get it all taken care of, and my grandmother recommended Cambridge Credit as she had used them years ago. I told Cambridge about the debt that I had and whom it was with, and they just asked what the accounts were and how much was on it, then they pretty much took care of a lot of it. They asked what my income was at the time and then figured out the other bills that I was paying and what would be most affordable for me. It took me five years to pay it off, but it was definitely affordable, and I could call at any time to change the amount. I had to lower it one month 'cause I had a ticket to pay for and then I just bumped it back up the next month. I was really happy with how they worked with me on what I wanted to pay.

In addition, the interactions were always great. The reps were really friendly and quick to respond. I didn't have to wait on hold for too long ever. I had to change my email address one time and they were super easy about it. I just told them over the phone and I didn't have to do anything. It was really easy to work with them and I was very happy with my experience. I would definitely refer Cambridge Credit.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Jason, congratulations on your completion of our debt management program. Our counselors make it their priority to help you with whatever questions you might have. Thank you for saying that you would refer a friend to our services. If you like, you can tell your friends to let us know that you referred them and we can set them up with the same counselor that you had!

Original review: May 21, 2017

I had a buddy refer me to Cambridge Credit. It was the company he was using so I went ahead with them. Enrollment was really easy. I called them and they set me up with everything. The Cambridge counselor that I worked with always returned calls and emails promptly, too. I was really comfortable working with her. They helped me with everything I ever needed.

My payment plan was one lump sum coming out of my checking account each month and that made it easy for me. And all the credit cards that I had, they’ve consolidated them all and made it easy for me to pay. They talked to me and said, “How much can you afford?” The program helped me catch up with all my money problems. Now, I’m making money instead of having to pay a bunch of money back. Cambridge Credit is doing everything right. The way they treated me, they should treat everybody like that. I would definitely refer a friend to Cambridge if they need anybody to help them with consolidated debt. It was a very satisfying experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We did debt consolidation with Cambridge and that helped us get back a little bit better with managing our cash flow. They made it easy to handle something that was a tough decision to make and not really knowing what to do. They gave us options. The anxiety at the beginning was eased through. Then once it was established, it made it easy to follow through and feel very good near the end. It was a very helpful program. It worked fine to help us to eliminate the debt that we had, and put it in a monthly payment that was workable, and got it paid off. Their payment was easy and very well done. And their fees were not exorbitant for each loan. Enrollment was not difficult either, just forms to fill out, submit them, set up the payment and they started right at it.

The counselor was very helpful, especially in the beginning when we were getting it set up. They contacted us periodically through letters. We had a few phone calls just to make sure that things were moving along the way we wanted. They also offered other services and information. Their friendliness is very impressive. They let us know what their program is and understanding what it's like to put something together. Their support was very good all through the whole term. We got phone calls, letters, congratulatory things and a nice certificate to make us feel very good about having endured the program and gotten through it. I would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got backed up with all these bills and I wanted to make a move in my life but my credit’s shot. So I thought I had to get it fixed and I called Cambridge and they sounded pretty good, so we went for it. Working with them on the debt consolidation was a good experience. They always kept in touch and were on top of everything. I always got them in my email every month. Plus, if they needed something, they would email me, and I'd call them or they would call me. If they couldn't get in contact with one of the debt collectors, they would call to tell me to call them. Everything was pretty good and they did an excellent job. On top of that, the cost was great and the payment plan was perfect. I became basically debt-free and now I've got a couple of credit cards, working to keep my credit better to get a car through a loan. We did great business and we were on top of the game. They helped me out a lot and I would tell others to give them a call.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had lots of credit cards that we wanted to be put together and paid and we also wanted to repair our credits. At that time, I was working with Home Depot and they gave us an opportunity to get a discount if we sign up with Cambridge to help us out. When I called, the counselor walked me through the whole process and it was just one phone call and then we worked a lot through email after that. He asked me to give him all the credit cards and phone numbers and he did the rest.

If we had any questions, we dealt with them through the computer. If we didn’t understand anything, they would call us and leave a message. I felt very comfortable working with them. If I needed anything, I could just call and they would return calls. They were there for me. Everybody was very nice, friendly, and knew what they were doing. It was a quick process and everything was done correctly. They also sent me a statement every month through the computer.

They called the bank and did everything to get the interest down. As a matter of fact, some of them even had no interest so I was able to pay them directly. For others, they were able to bring the interest down. Regarding the payment plan, they told me what the credit card companies offered and they gave me options. They also consolidated all my cards and it was very easy for me to make one solid payment. Plus, because of the lowered interest, we were able to pay everything off and close it in about three years, as opposed to 10 years.

Because the helped us with everything, we have a better life now. I'm able to improve my credit and my other half was able to get his house. Actually, at the end we were closing out the deal of the house and we needed the closing letter. It showed very well what was needed, that the accounts were closed and that we were great customers. Cambridge was fabulous with that and I love them to pieces. They were so wonderful and I am happy I got them. I would tell others to be smart and if they want to better their lives, then go ahead and work with Cambridge.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a very severe car accident and I had no work anymore. At the time, we had a lot of credit card debts that were basically killing us and we wanted to get it all handled. My wife works at the hospital and Cambridge was in their directory so we went through that. I needed to just have one payment a month and my wife took care of the enrollment. We gave them everything that they needed for debt consolidation and it was a very quick process.

In the beginning, we had good interactions with the credit counselor, but after that, everything was taken care of and they would just send me a notice through email of what debt they've paid. They also directly took the payments out of our checking account every month. They even tried to get my interest rate down. Some they were able to and some they weren't, but we did okay and they still saved me some money. The service was great and it worked out. We’ve paid everything off and we're no longer expecting the mail to constantly come in. If I had a situation again, I would go back to Cambridge. I would also recommend them to anybody that would ask me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My dad had an out-of-control credit card debt. I looked at Cambridge's rating versus everyone else's and they were above and beyond in helping people. I did the set up for him and the enrollment was very easy and the credit counselors were great. They took the time out to listen and it seemed like they were concerned about the client. They did a debt consolidation of all the credit cards and they got $80,000 paid off in a 42-month period. That could never have happened if my dad had continued on the traditional path. The payment plan was very fair and their level of service was excellent. If anybody in a financial turmoil would come to me and they were serious about getting out of it, Cambridge would be the one I suggest.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recognized the Cambridge Credit Counseling name. Their process was pretty simple and the cost of the service was reasonable. Cambridge is helpful and it's worth doing with them. It would also be nice though to see how much is left for me to pay when I get statements that tell me how much I've paid.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I had credit cards we wanted to pay off. We enrolled with Cambridge Credit Counseling over the phone with a guy and here we are five years later and we're all good. Our counselor told us how it was gonna be. Our payment was automatically deducted each month and we were able to pick beginning, middle, or end of the month, whatever plan was the best for us. They called and asked how everything was going, and all the time said, "If you have questions, concerns, anything, please give us a call." They also emailed me every so often. It was good to get our credit cards paid off, we're glad we're done and hopefully, we don't have to use them anymore. I would recommend Cambridge's service if somebody had problems with money and who needs help with paying bills.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge was on the Christian radio station and I wanted to get things paid off so I did the consolidation of my credit cards with them. During the enrollment process, they faxed everything to me and I faxed them back. It was easy and there was not too much paperwork required. The counselor was very cordial, polite and I was 100% comfortable working with him. I was also impressed with how caring and compassionate he was. He made a lot of callbacks and kept everything up to date and current so I knew what was going on. Overall, the program lowered my monthly payment. I've finished it and I'd use Cambridge again. I would also tell a friend not to be scared to use them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I owed almost $10,000 on my credit cards. I was over the credit limit and I kept making purchases, but I couldn’t pay off the balance. Enrolling with Cambridge Credit Counseling was easy. They took down how much I had, how much income I had coming in and how much I could put down for my credit card debt. And they charged me $8 per card for transaction services. There were two cards so it was $16 per month. The program was wonderful and I wouldn't have been able to pay off those credit card debts on my own. The reps at Cambridge were very professional and always answered my questions. There was always someone available and I was impressed with the fact that my counselor helped me get a good payment that would work for me in a month. I was also very comfortable working with him.

I feel fortunate that I found the program. It helped me become solvent in my credit card debt. Cambridge was also able to lower the interest rates on my cards and they did a marvelous job. It was a high quality of service and the cost was worth it. I thank them for alleviating my financial burden and I would tell my friends to utilize Cambridge if they have trouble paying their credit card.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was able to get back on the right track since working with Cambridge. The quality of service was fine and I'd tell my friends to give them a call.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The enrollment process with Cambridge Credit Counseling was simple. I gave them all my information and off it went. It got rid of my debt quickly. Once I was in, I made the payments. There were monthly emails so you can look at your statement and see where you stand. It would be nice if they would give you how much you owe per credit card each month but they don’t do that. They asked for the information and why I was paying the minimum then they told me what my monthly payment would be. If that wouldn’t work for me, they would stretch it further. They can do five years but I didn’t need that. For the value, it’s very good. It’s a percentage of what we owe so that’s not bad. I have no complaints and I’d recommend it. I’ve sent a few friends over that way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My parents used Cambridge Credit Counseling's services and I did too. I met with somebody five years ago and we decided on a payment that would be doable for me. We consolidated all of the debt, they lowered some of the finance charges and put it all together. I met my counselor only once but that was all I really needed 'cause it got paid on time. I just recently paid it off. It was a great program.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to get out of debt and balance my expenses. Cambridge Credit analyzed my monthly finances and was able to get me on the right track where I can handle paying my monthly bills. The enrollment process was done over the phone and through the internet and it was very easy. They also went over the account with me and I was able to look when I will finish paying and the amount applied to other outstanding balances.

They were able to counsel and give me information when I requested it. And the counselor was also able to let me know where everything was going and explained to me how the plan worked. They were very professional and kind. I felt very comfortable with them. And the process went the way they said it would go. Working with Cambridge made things easier and took away a lot of stress. It really was very helpful to us. And the payment was much less than what we were originally paying on our own and it was reasonable, too. We’ve completed the program and I was able to pay out everything. I would recommend Cambridge to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a bunch of bills to pay off and I didn't want to file for bankruptcy. I had to consolidate my bills so I called Cambridge Credit Counseling. They asked for all the account numbers. The service was professional and my interaction with the counselor was simple. I didn’t miss one payment. They took it directly out of my bank account, electronically, and it was smooth and there were no errors involved for the 52 payments. It was expensive every month but I had to do it. Cambridge consolidated all my bills except one that they couldn’t because they said one bank that I owed money to, Bank of America, wouldn’t go with their program and didn’t accept it. Still, I completed the program in April. It took me 52 months to pay a total of $50,000 that if I tried to pay on my own would have taken the rest of my life.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a credit card which I maxed out at $5,000 and they were just functionalizing me with interests. Every time I paid $200 a month, it was like it never moved. I was originally looking for certain creditors that would pay off the bill and then I could pay them afterward. I called Cambridge Credit and they said they would freeze the card and that they would be no more interest on it. They would pull a certain amount from my paycheck every month and that would then go to the card. There was a fee for doing that and I OKed it. The enrollment was very simple, it was just a phone call. I gave them whatever the problem was, and they took it from there. It worked out perfectly because they got their fee and I did what I had to do.

Every month, after paying the credit card, they sent me a statement. The tried contacting me a couple of times to find out how everything was too. However, I nearly hated it during the first two years of it. But after that, I got my act together, things moved a little better, and it worked for me. They were there when I needed them. It was a long, but good experience and I was done with the program in April.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge Credit Counseling lowered the interest on my credit cards which I paid together for one payment a month. My credit counselor explained everything and was very interested in helping me pay my credit cards. The enrollment process wasn’t difficult and something I could afford at the time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had credit card debts and the payments were too high. I was in one program which was a little different than the rate that Cambridge has. It was where you suspend your payment and when it gets to a certain amount, they will pay. But I was getting collection calls in the meantime 'cause nothing was being paid to the credit cards and that was not a good thing for me.

During my enrollment with Cambridge, I had to do a budget of my bills and which debt it was. I also had to decide which credit card to put in the plan which had the two highest balances. It was a matter of making sure that I could afford the monthly payment. In the beginning was the main interactions with my counselor as I was trying to get it setup. He did a good job with the help that I needed to get me started.

It was hard at first because the payments were a little steep. But the thing that was a satisfaction to me was the end date. That was when I got finished with the two credit cards that I had on the plan and when they were paid in full. The end date was set at four years. It was a success for me and if friends need the help, they should go and make a phone call to Cambridge.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with Cambridge because that's one of the perks of the company that I work for. It's the EAP and there's a whole bunch of things you can get like therapy and if you have legal questions. One of them was credit counseling and so I dialed the number that we were given and there it was, Cambridge. They sent me a thing and I had to set it up. I also had to write down everything that I owed and all of my expenses. Everything and not just how much was my average PT and E bill. After I submitted that, they negotiated with the credit companies and then set up what they would accept as a payment. They asked me how much money I could live without in a month and we came up with $1,000.

It was tough there because $1,000 of my salary every month went to Cambridge. But I put myself on a budget because my goal was to not have any credit debt by the time I retire. I have a mortgage and the usual payments that anybody has like PT and E. I will retire next month and I wanted it all gone because I can then live pretty and amazingly well, without the interest. It's one thing to have a payment, but when you have $10,000 and you're only paying the minimum, after you pay the minimum on $10,000 you still owe almost $10,000. It never goes anywhere. When I retire, I'm going to have maybe $5,000 less a month to spend but I also have a really good pension anyway. That's my problem, I'm not poor. I just spent way too much money and I don't need to spend that much money.

They tell me how much money they spend and every month, they would get a print out of who and how much they had paid. They also have a monthly fee which was nominal. They charge $25 a month and it's ridiculous. We got down towards the end because I owed some of them a lot of money to and some only maybe $300. Once we got the $300 one paid off, more money went to other places. Gradually, companies fell off and I ended up with Sears last. I had a very good experience and I have no credit card debt anymore. It was a three-year process and I completed the program six months or so ago.

They were really great, very helpful and they didn't do guilt trips on you. I could call anytime and speak to a counselor. I had the same one the whole time and there was steadiness or reliability and I was very comfortable. Cambridge made life better. Also, I've always followed directions very well. I'm not debt free now, I have bills like a normal person but I don't owe MasterCard $10,000. To me, it's like a miracle. It's done and I've been very good. I have a cash card but I often pay cash a lot more than I did before and not with money but with my debit card.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was overextended and I've been in a hospital. There was also a lack of income so I sought counseling to help get out of the mess. Cambridge was on a radio program in relation to Mike Rosen. He has Money Monday and there was a guy that recommended Cambridge Counseling on it. I called them and they asked me all sorts of questions about my finances. I probably should have filed bankruptcy, but I didn't. Instead, I petitioned the VA for extra money to live on since I'm a disabled veteran and they gave it to me. I enrolled in Cambridge and at first, I had reservations about giving all my financial stuff to them.

But I got my finances back in order. Every month they'd send me statements and if I had any problems, I could call and they were right there to answer all my questions. They have a very friendly service and what they did was very well done. They kept me very informed and I got a statement every month saying what I was doing and how it was going. I really appreciate the time they took to work with me. It took a little under 48 months to get it all taken care of. Also, the cost was very reasonable. I'd look into some other ones and they were outrageous in what they wanted for their services. All my bills were paid off. They did what they said they were going to do and I was happy with that. Use them because they were very professional and they're non-profit. They were very understanding, very sympathetic, and extremely helpful. I was quite pleased with it and I would recommend them 100%.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was deep in debt with credit cards and I didn't know how I was going to get out of it. I thought about filing for bankruptcy, but my wife talked me out of it. She said that maybe we should use credit counseling instead of filing for bankruptcy because it will mess my credit up. I'm glad I went on and made that move. I got Cambridge's number and called them up. They set it up nice and everything worked out good. They did a wonderful job and they helped me a whole lot.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used Cambridge for Fingerhut. Cambridge sent me what was needed and they told me how much to pay. I sent the payment of $88 in on time every month. They also sent me one for $46.00 which I sent in. But now, they sent me another thing from Fingerhut where I owe $2 and some change and I don't know what that's for. But other than that, Cambridge was good to me and others should go ahead and use them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was a fine experience with Cambridge Credit Counseling. I've used them in the past and my wife called them and did the setup. But my wife passed away so I had to deal with Cambridge myself and everything went well. After she passed, I called Cambridge and discussed what we needed to do then we proceeded from there. I had no problem using them and I'd use them again if I needed to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in a lot of debt and Cambridge Credit Counseling provided me with a consolidation and payment program. The counselor was friendly and knowledgeable. They negotiated lower rates for some of the credit cards. It was an easy enrollment process and once it started, they took out $300 a month, split it up 15 different ways and sent it to the different companies. It helped me get out of debt so it's been a big impact.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a wonderful experience with them. The enrollment process was quick. The counselors were very polite. The cost was worth the quality of the service. We've already completed the program and I would tell others to use them, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The enrollment process at Cambridge was quick. It took about two weeks. Their counselor kept me up to date up to the very last payment. When I paid one debt off, I added that amount to another one and they were very helpful and willing to do that. Overall, the quality of service at Cambridge was excellent. It's a good company. If I had to use them again, I would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was only able to pay the minimum for my credit cards and this is my second time going through counseling. I had called others but Cambridge stuck out. The fee for credit counseling was only $25 a month and they were very quick. I never had anybody from Cambridge disrespect me any way, shape or form. They didn't talk down to me and that was a huge thing. I gave them all the information on what I owed and they literally took care of most of everything. Then I have one credit card that I needed to add and that was no problem. I just gave them a call, gave them the information and they put it on.

I was paying $199 a month and that included the $25 fee. They got my interest rates lowered to half the percent, if not even lower. Then they paid minimum on all my credit cards and they made payments on time so there wasn't late fees. They knocked one out and every time a credit card was paid off, they put that money towards another. The customer support was fantastic too. If I can't make one payment on time, they would ask what day will be better. I had two late payments and they worked with me. It was also a mix-up but it was taken care of and it didn't count against me.

They also kept me abreast of my account by email. It was paperless and it was wonderful. I didn't have to call or ask 'cause I had all the information. I even got a certificate in the very end, which I'm thrilled with. I also got a pamphlet that literally showed every transaction they did with my money. I could go back and see what happened in, say, December 2015. My credit score went up so much as well, like 150 to 200 points. In the beginning, I had looked at my credit score and almost cried. The only thing that really bothered me was that when my last credit card was paid off, my points went down by 31. My sister is a financial guru and I asked her why this happened. She said it happens and it'll bounce back up so I've had to look at it again. I'm still in the good area working my way towards great.

I will never go back to that kind of debt again. The program helped me see that living above my means is an incorrect way of living and it's not a lifestyle that should be taken lightly. It showed me that there are people out there that do care. They told me that to be in the program, I couldn’t be using my credit card, and so I cut them out. Now, I am debt free, other than my car. But I will be applying for a credit card in a year or so just for emergency purposes and that would be it.

I wish I hadn't had to use Cambridge Credit Counseling, but overall it was a fantastic experience. I'm proud of myself that I was able to do this with people who wanted to work with me on how much I could afford a month. The program is absolutely well worth it. I've got friends in the same boat and I've referred them to Cambridge too. The fee is minimal compared to what they do for you and your credit. I wouldn't trust anybody else to handle my financial needs like that, and I'm happy that I could give Cambridge some kudos.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of the guys on WGN Radio recommended Cambridge Credit Counseling, so I went with them. The enrollment process worked out okay and I'm glad it's over with. I also had no problems with the counselor. I would highly recommend Cambridge.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a good experience with Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. One reason I decided to seek help was because I was working at the Hostess Bakery and they closed. I'm trying to pay bills and at that time I had four grandbabies in college. It was more convenient for me to consolidate my bills and I was able to find out about Cambridge and they did the bill consolidation for me. I kept track of everything, what bills I paid every month and what was coming.

The payment setup was good. They asked me what the best day would be good for me. This was on the 15th. They set it up where it would be like that every month unless it falls on a Sunday then it would be coming out the following Monday. They didn't charge me that much for having the program which was good. I had a couple of things on there when I started out and then I added two more, JCPenney and Dillards.

Occasionally, they would call and see if I needed any more help or if I had any problem. They asked if I as able to save something and if I got a statement. If something was wrong with the statement then I would call them. They would check it out for me and give me a callback. They were helpful about making sure everything was on track. The thing that impressed me the most was that they seemed like they were really concerned. They said that if there's any way they could further assist me, I was free to call them.

Right before I had paid my last bill, I had called because Dillards had sent me a letter and said that in 2015, they found out something, like the computers were messing up. I called one of the counselors and she checked that for me. She even said that she was glad that I called because if somebody else called and they had that same incident happen to them, they would know exactly what to do.

I'm glad I did it with Cambridge. After they started taking my debt out, there was money that I didn't even know would be there. It helped me to keep everything under management and I could budget everything better. After I started it, it was even more convenient because I knew I had that one set amount coming out that was going to take care of all these bills. They handled everything right on time, precise, and gave me a little layout. They had a good, professional attitude and I liked that. I would definitely recommend them for somebody else that had that same problem. I've talked to a couple of people and I would tell them if they want to try to get their bills straightened out, where they can one day be debt-free, then Cambridge would be a good, helpful institute for them. Now, I am debt-free.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had been disabled and fell behind on my bills. I needed my debt consolidated and got involved with Cambridge Credit Counseling because I had used them in the past. I called them and they assigned me a caseworker. I listed all of my bills that I needed them to consolidate and work with me on, and we looked at my income to debt ratio and came up with a payment plan that worked for me. There were occasions where I needed a pass from them in taking money for a month as opposed to the schedule, but they were always straight up with me as I was with them. It was an excellent business relationship and it made all the difference in the world. Now I’m debt free and living my life accordingly.

Factual basis uncertain

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Gerri, please give our customer service department a call at (800) 527-7595. It seems like there may have been some confusion. We do NOT buy loans, and we do NOT charge customers to pay by phone. We reviewed your account and found that there were no additional charges made by our company. We will be reaching out to you to try and get to the bottom of this!

Original review: June 16, 2017

Cambridge Credit bought out my loan. I had to do a refinance and I got my interest rate lowered from 7% to 3.85%. I’m on worker’s comp and a fixed income so having that interest rate cut was a major leap. Interactions with the counselors have been fine and I haven’t had any problems with them, as well. However, one thing I was very upset with was that they charged me to make payments over the phone. Also, sometimes it took too long for somebody to answer the phone and then they transferred me around and that gets aggravating. But the process got completed last year. And working with them has lowered my payment and it’s helped me out a little bit.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Profile