toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Well done, Judy. We applaud your efforts! Oftentimes, debt strikes when we are the most vulnerable. You certainly were in a tough spot; that's not always easy to come out of. We're so proud that you did. Please, feel free to call us if you ever need anything else. Thanks for reaching out to us.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

I incurred my debt through hardship when I was caught between a rock and a hard spot. My husband died and things weren’t exactly perfect anymore. I was also raising our kids. I felt very responsible to repay the debt and I'm very proud that I got with Cambridge. I had a very nice young woman and she was very helpful and caring. Cambridge worked with me and I recently got the whole debt done with. They very much helped me do that and I'm greatly relieved and happy that I did it.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

That's great, Angela! We're glad you decided to give us a call. We believe that educating our clients about their debt is just as important as helping them to get out of debt. We're always here to help if you ever need to contact us again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

I was a little leery at first because I had contacted my creditors myself and they would not cooperate with me. I thought of several other places to contact before contacting Cambridge but I took my friend's word because she is reliable and I knew that she would not steer me in the wrong direction. After talking to her, I decided to give Cambridge a call and that was the best call I've ever made. I would definitely tell anyone looking to consolidate and do some other things, that they should give Cambridge a try.

They made sure that my debt was paid without any hassle. I've heard other friends of mine with horror experiences with having to keep checking to see if everything was paid, but I never had to do that. From the first time I called Cambridge and gave them my information, it was out of my hands. I had nothing else to do with it and they took care of everything. They also told me things to tell the creditors when they call. Then I didn't have any more problems with the creditors calling.

They made my life much easier because now I'm debt free. I also learned how to control my debt, to make sure that I don't go in over my head, what kind of credit cards to look for as far as interest rates and making sure that I keep a hand on things because it's so easy to get out of hand. I'm more cautious now. Even though I'm out of debt, I won't say that I won't go back and get another credit card, but I will be more disciplined this time than I was before.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Congratulations, John, on your completion of our program! We hope you enjoy that extra spending money each month. Remember to save, save, save, whenever you can to keep those creditors at bay!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I had used Cambridge years before and my first experience was so positive so I used them again. Some creditors have been tenacious in coming after me in the past and they’re absolutely rude. When I've called Cambridge, I've always been a little exasperated about my financial situation but they talked me through the legalities of it and they’ve always put my mind at ease. They were there for me when I needed them and they provided the structure and counseling for me to get through a tough period.

They got us out of a bind. In some cases, I was looking at 23% ATRs on my credit cards. I was barely able to pay finance charges on some of my credit cards and they were able to get them down to zero, maybe as low as 8%. They would handle ten lines of credit at a time and it was so much simpler for me to make just one payment. One payment would be drawn from my account and then they would disperse the payment to all of them. I was on time every time for all those lines of credit over the course of years. The end result was they improved the credit or saved it. Now I have this extra money that would have been going to paying all these credit cards and we have much more dispensable income now.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Fantastic, Katrina. It looks like you engaged in all of the benefits of our consolidation program, and we're happy to hear it! We try hard to make sure this program is simple and easy for our clients. What you received in your email each month was your monthly statement. We send those to our clients so that they know exactly what they're paying, and we encourage our clients to call us whenever they have any questions about their account. Your biggest victory was certainly learning not to rely on credit cards to get by, because debt happens fast and once it does (as I'm sure you'd agree) it's tough to find a way out. Congratulations on your completion of the program! Call us if you ever need anything else.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

We were in debt and trying to get out. We were looking for a debt consolidation company, found Cambridge online, and they took over. The service is simple to use, and it was quick and easy to get the service started. We made the call and set up the account with the credit cards that we wanted to get out of debt. Their team told us how much the monthly payment would be. So, we put how much credit we could put on the credit card determining how much we could pay them a month. We kept one credit card out of there because we couldn't afford the monthly payment. And then, every month, we would get an email stating the status. We would still get credit card statements from the company, so we could see if improvements were really happening. I also called twice throughout to see what our balance was and they told us. It was effective and we've learned to not rely on credit cards.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I contacted Cambridge Credit Counseling to consolidate my debts and they were professional, efficient, and polite. They got the payment down to where they were easier to handle. I was on a plan to get things taken care of so it was definitely a help. They've been responsive each time I had to reach out to them. I also didn't feel any high pressure. I would recommend them to other people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to consolidate all my credit debt into one easy bill so I used Cambridge Credit Counseling's services for the second time. Setting everything up initially, their team had seen I have been with them once beforehand. They were very understanding about everything and worked out a really easy, really good payment plan with me. They had all the information for me and were very, very friendly, which is why I went back to them for a second time. Working with Cambridge has definitely helped me out getting my credit cards all cleaned up and taken cared of so, that way, I can be debt-free now, with credit cards at least. It's been a very enjoyable experience to make my life better, in the long run, by being able to pay off my debt.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked online for credit counselors and we just blindly went with one that we were pleased with which was Cambridge. Our experience with them was wonderful and we enjoyed working with them. They did what they said they would and we got a lot of things paid off, so we’re very pleased. We put creditors out of our mind, made one payment to Cambridge and they took care of everything. It made our life easier and it’s really wonderful when it’s all paid off. We've got our certificate of completion.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I searched online for credit counseling places as I needed help getting back on track because of a divorce. I got with Cambridge and my experience when I was starting with them was pleasant. They’re easy to deal with and they took care of everything which is nice. They were helpful and my experience has all been good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with Cambridge as I needed help to get my finances caught up and my credit card floored. Their reps are friendly and pretty good. Since working with Cambridge, I am able to control my bills better and I've learned a little bit about the credit card system such as knowing when and when not to get a card. I am better now and I have a little more money in my pocket. I would also like to go back on one of my credit cards if I could or if that would be a chance later down the road.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm now debt free. Cambridge was able to lower my interest rate and I followed the rules. We learned not to go into debt. "Do you need it or do you want it?" That's my philosophy. I'm going to retire next year. I would recommend Cambridge.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to shoo off my credit and a friend told me about Cambridge. My only interactions with their team was in the beginning and then the end and they were very courteous. I had a great experience with them and everything's done and over with. I paid everything off and I have no credit cards left.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter told me about Cambridge Credit Counseling. One of her in-laws had tried it out. I wanted to consolidate my credit cards and get them paid off. Working with the team was very easy and pleasant. They made those interest rates lower on the ones that I was paying off to make it easier to pay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found Cambridge Credit Counseling online and it's my second or third time around with them now. I got in touch with them mainly when I got them in a Christian magazine and a lady who was one of the spokespersons for Cambridge when I started. Since working with Cambridge, I've been more conscious. In the first one, it seems like I just ran through. But this time around it was more impactful. I'm able to put away the money I was paying for Cambridge.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My debt was high. I tried contacting another institution before but because I'm old, nobody would touch me. Cambridge worked with me and told me this is what I would make, which was about half of the amount that I was paying on my bills. Every time I call, they had an answer for my questions. They were always prompt to return my call if I had a problem of any kind and they were always on everything. And they call me to see if I needed any further help.

They cut all my bills in half and, as a matter of fact, I just got done paying them all. I also got $3.45 overpaid in one of my credit cards that they paid and they sent me a check which I deposited today. I would've been completely debt-free except for my truck and one bill with Capital One. They wouldn't touch it because it was turned over to a debt collector and a lawyer took over. I'm doing great on everything and I'm very pleased that Cambridge were able to come in my life and helped me when they did. I would highly recommend them to someone else.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was 61 when I signed up with Cambridge Credit and I didn’t wanna be in a lot of debt if I happen to want to retire. I'm 66 now and I had very good service from them. They tell me when I close accounts, they lower my credit score. I was paying almost twice as much before and when Cambridge Credit told me what they could do for me, I said, “Of course.” They saved me a lot of money on interest on my Walmart Card and my Sam’s Card. I work at Walmart and it was easier to use the card. So, once I closed my account, I paid it all. And I got a zero balance now on all three of them. I’m happy. Cambridge Credit is an excellent company and an excellent choice that I made.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My credit card troubles were out of hand and I wasn’t able to reduce them at all so I sought Cambridge's help. When I spoke to the first fellow who answered my call, we went through all the details then he called me back and told me what he could do. They lowered my interest rates on three different credit cards and put me on an automatic schedule. I periodically paid off what was remaining on each of the three credit cards. I was very pleased with the experience. They kept me out of debt, were professional and clear in the intent. They were the service that I really needed to get out of a big hole.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed some help quickly. I had sought an attorney's advice and he said the bottom line is the creditors would make it miserable for me. Being broke for the rest of my life wasn't my plan so my wife and I talked about it. So we'd tighten our belt now and eventually someday we can enjoy the good life. It was not impossible to get out of that financial situation when I have a lot of discipline. So I made a phone call to Cambridge Credit.

What irritated me was I was getting calls every other day from the same creditor. And they wanted me to pay off figures which I was advised via another friend that I better make sure that when I pay something off I get a receipt because a lot of times they'll just put it on my credit report anyhow. So I knew I needed somebody to take care of this because it wasn't something I wanted to deal with. So Cambridge Credit lowered the interests that they could and made deals with all the creditors.

I had interactions with their team as to when one bill got paid off, like where would I want the rest put so that I can get the thing anted up. And it was interesting to me to watch how every couple of months that the total I owed went down. I asked a lot of questions and Cambridge Credit gave me a very clear understanding. They told me, for instance, why this was the thing to do and what might happen if I didn't do it. Their team members were very courteous. We have learned that we must live a very frugal lifestyle. We don't want to get back to where we were. Since I have gotten involved with Cambridge, my disability has gotten reversed that it's not warranting me a job which would be really lucrative. If we don't have to spend a dollar, we don't do it.

The best highlight was that they gave the encouragement to go this way. I had called someone else prior to Cambridge who never mentioned anything about what I call a hidden cost. They said they can cut down on some of the interests and make some go away, and they made it sound as though they're gonna do it for nothing. But at the end of the conversation, they then said that there's a $50 or $100 application fee. And I thought that if I had $50 or $100, I wouldn't be talking to them. On the other hand, Cambridge was forthcoming and said that they'll charge $19 a month or a creditor, which was well worth it.

Working with Cambridge was most educational and advantageous. I went to a bank to borrow some money not too long ago and I can see that by paying that little bit that we did every month with Cambridge on our credit card bills which eventually got them all paid off, it kept my credit from getting more damaged wherein it would be harder.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was talking to a friend about this one bill I had that wasn't caused by me. He said he wouldn't pay for that and that he'd call somebody first. I looked and Cambridge was the first name I found. I called and talked to Ryan who was wonderful. He was very knowledgeable, patient with me, and fair about everything. Cambridge Credit took three of my bills and consolidated them. I paid a monthly fee until I got done. Everything went fine. Usually, I'm stressed out but I wasn't during the time I worked with them. I learned to live harder and not buy stuff I don't need. If I ever have any problems again, I'd be sure to call Cambridge Credit.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was great working with Cambridge Credit Counseling. I had debts that I needed to consolidate because I was making so many payments here and there yet I was going nowhere, and Cambridge was always helpful every time I called. The first time that I called I talked to a person who walked me through what it’s gonna be and how long it’s gonna take. I was skeptical then because the company did it out of state. But I think they were appropriate to do it. They were wonderful. It was not just about consolidating debts. They also monitored me all the time to see how I'm doing and tried to make me feel confident that I can do it, how to manage my money, and things like that. I recommend people that I know who are having issues. I told them to go to Cambridge since they’re the best. There is a lady I know who started working with them, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge Credit Counseling saved me. My bank wouldn't lower their interest rates on me. My payments got too high because I owed almost $10,000 and I couldn't keep up on them. When I got a letter from Cambridge asking me if I want to get rid of my credit cards debt, I called to see what they were about and they told me what they are. They asked me if I needed help and I told them to give me a day to think about it because I was in debt pretty bad. I then decided I'm gonna do it and they got all paperwork done.

My bill collectors were bugging the crap out of their payments. I told them I'm going to a debt-free company and they weren't happy about it. They want the money upfront and kept on trying to make a deal if I pay half this and keep the other half out, but I said I don't have that kind of money because I was on Social Security. Cambridge told me it will take three to six years to pay my debt off but it took only four years. I didn't know that they were good at what they do. I got out of debt and since then I do not bother with a bunch of credit cards. They bury people. I only got one and I just keep it. My mom was also happy with what Cambridge did for her. I talked her into it and she told me she was glad she did it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We knew that our bills were out of control and had considered bankruptcy but we didn't want to do it. Luckily, our daughter had dealt with Cambridge and recommended that we do it, so it was easy for us to go ahead. It was very easy to deal with the staff. The person I spoke to was very knowledgeable, easy to talk to, and I didn't feel like I should be ashamed because I screwed up. It was all very good and they were all kind. They had all of my accounts completely under control and organized for me. Right now, I'm focusing on getting my small credit cards all completely paid off, and that's easy. I have better idea of what I don't want to do, which is continue to get into debt, and how to get to where I want to go.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having some credit card issues and working with Cambridge led me to ways on how to manage my finances. The customer service agents were very nice, helpful and courteous. It was a very pleasant experience. I am really satisfied and I've recommended Cambridge to a few of my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had three credit cards I wanted to consolidate so I went through Cambridge's Employee Assistance Program at my work. Their rep simply outlined the program and it sounded good, so I went ahead with it. They lowered the interest rates so I paid off those credit cards a lot sooner, and it saved me quite a bit of money. It is a good and honest company, and everything worked fine. Since working with them, I don't use a credit card anymore, and there was a lot of circumstances involved in that. Everything they said came about, so I was happy with it. It's been a very satisfying experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had a pleasant experience with Cambridge Credit Counseling. I got them to manage a particular credit card and I was able to pay it off. I gained more insight around the structure of the payment plan available and everything went well. My credit score went up.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Diana, we are so thrilled that you had a good experience with our company. Congratulations on your success! At the risk of sounding redundant: Way to go! Good job!

We understand that the faster you get out of debt, the better. Although, not all of our clients are able to pay in advance, we definitely encourage them if they are willing and able. It was a pleasure working with you and your husband, Timothy.

Feel free to pass along our number if any of your friends or family members find themselves in similar situations!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

I had lost my job and we were struggling with bills and had too much debt. I saw Cambridge Credit and it struck my interest. It was at a really good time for us. When I saw how they could take all of the crappy debt I was struggling to pay every month and be able to put it into one payment that was workable with our income, it was a no-brainer. When I called to sign up, Chris was awesome, informative and understanding. He worked well with us.

Our goal was to try and pay off a couple of months early. The staff encouraged us to make extra payments when we could. I like the fact that they were cool with me paying things off on my own, making extra payments on things. They totally listened to what I wanted to do and supported that. Anytime I ever called them to give a payoff balance or tell them I paid something, they were very polite and helpful. They said a lot of "Way to go! Good job" to us.

We ended up paying all off a month early. It's freed us up $1,000 a month and lifted a huge weight off of our shoulders. It’s made life a little more enjoyable. Working with Cambridge definitely benefited us financially. It was an eye-opening experience and made us pay more attention to savings and spending. I'm never having too many credit cards again. My husband said he doesn't want any more credit cards, too. Best thing we ever did.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to get out of debt and Cambridge Credit Counseling helped lower my interest rates. They were always pleasant and professional and explained the program well. Through Cambridge, I have learned not to overspend myself more than I make and to be careful of my spending. Now, I have less stress on worrying about getting my bills paid. Cambridge took a lot off my shoulders. It was an awesome experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I decided not to file for bankruptcy and just attempt to pay all my bills back. Other institutions wouldn't deal with me so I figured it'd be easier just to lump it all together into credit counseling payments. I searched online for a credit counseling agency with good reviews and found Cambridge Credit Counseling. The team at Cambridge were great. They were able to lower the interest rates for a couple of the cards. They did what they had to do and were good and friendly. Working with them was pretty simple and easy, payments were just automatically withdrawn from my banks. I learned to become a little smarter with my money and not buy consumables on credit. I'm satisfied with the experience with Cambridge Credit but I thought my credit report would take a quicker bounce back. It would have been faster if I filed for bankruptcy. Despite that, I would still recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got in contact with Cambridge to get rid of some of our major credit card debt and the Cambridge team was always helpful and friendly. Working with Cambridge made our lifestyle better. We were able to pay off everything that we owed and bring up our credit score. We were able to buy a new house, too. We manage our money better now. It was a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had too many credit cards so I sought assistance from Cambridge. They were able to lower my interest rate. My biggest thing with them was just getting out of the interest so I could pay the credit cards off. Now I don't use credit cards anymore, I pay in cash. They did what I wanted and I have accomplished my goal. I've noticed my credit score hadn't gone up. I was told that it wouldn't affect my credit to use Cambridge and apparently it did.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to consolidate all my credit cards and just have one payment so I connected with Cambridge Credit Counseling. Their team were all nice and did a great job and helped me a lot. They walked me through the process of what was going to happen and they were able to lower my interest rate. I have learned from them to not to get so many credit cards. I got all my bills paid and right now I don't have any credit card. Everything's good.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Profile