67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Great job, Monica! Keep at it, and we're sure that you're prepared to get rid of the rest of that debt. Smart move with the new car, as long as your other car is running fine, you're right about your money being better spent on something else. A house is a large, but attainable goal, and we're glad that you're able to think about the 'big picture' now! Thanks for reaching out to us!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

We've finished a four-year deal with Cambridge. When we first started, we talked to somebody and gave our information and everything that was going on, and they helped us through the process. It went very smoothly. We’re not completely out of debt but much more so than what we were. Now we’re thinking, instead of buying a new car, we’re just going to put it towards mortgage or something else. We’re already used to it and that way we can be completely debt-free. It was a real easy way and a good program to get into for sure. It has helped us to get out of debt.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Pandora, congratulations on your completion of our program! We know that reaching out for help can be frustrating, but you did an excellent job following through with our program. We hope that you apply what you've learned as you go forward, but you can call us any time!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Cambridge Credit Counseling was great. I was drowning with my debts and they helped me out, I was just so distraught then. They got my bills under control and they handled all the stores that I had credit with. I pay them a certain amount, and they pay them off. It was really good. They were able to lower my interest rate and I got my congratulatory letter stating that I had satisfied all of my accounts. I was really relieved. Every time I call their team, they have the information for me and they solved my problems. They helped me out in no time. I just felt really comfortable with them. I hope that anybody else using Cambridge know that they're in good hands.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Jacquelyn, thank you for taking the time to review our services! Also, great job on following through with our program. We're glad that you found relief in our abilities to take the burden off you each month by scheduling payments on a date of your choosing! We hope you indeed had a fabulous holiday, and that you continue on your path of remaining debt free.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Cambridge Credit Counseling was good for me. They were able to lower my interest rate. It was not a difficult process and they didn't make it difficult. It was set up so simply that I did not have a lot of interaction with people at Cambridge. The guy I did talk to in the beginning was great. He was very nice. There was very minimal paperwork, they told me what would happen and I could count on it. I found that to be true. It's a big sigh of relief to have my debts paid off and the situation taken care of every month. I didn't have to think about it. It gives you a peace of mind that everything worked out great. That's awesome. I will have a wonderful holiday because I don't have debt anymore.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend told me about Cambridge and I've been using them for three years. My interactions with the reps are always good and it's a pretty easy process dealing with them. I was able to pay everything off.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I signed up with Cambridge Credit Counseling for my daughter to get her bill down. I was very hesitant then but they talked me into doing it, explaining everything. Their team members were all very helpful. There's a way to get rid of the bill, and somebody's out there to help. Working with Cambridge helped my daughter immensely and she got rid of the bill. It was a good experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I both retired and had income. But when she passed away, my income took a hit of about 45% and unfortunately, I still had bills. I had two options. One was to declare bankruptcy which I wasn't too excited about doing and the other was to seek out credit counseling and I decided to go with that. I did a comparison of the various credit counseling services and read reviews from some of the customers of each of the services and Cambridge was the best choice.

Their reps were very understanding, helpful and proactive. They lowered my interest rates and payments which helped me immensely. I was paying a number of different creditors but I pay one payment to Cambridge a month and that made it a lot simpler. My debt has been reduced considerably and I'm doing better and with much less stress. Instead of bankruptcy, I would recommend a person to approach Cambridge first to see if they could help. It was one of the best decisions I've made at this point in my life and I'm glad I did it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge Credit Counseling helped us get out of debt from underneath our credit cards. We went straight to Cambridge for assistance and they were able to lower the interest rate. The team was really helpful and friendly. Since working with Cambridge, we learned how to spend money more wisely and not to spend money that we don't have.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a little too overboard and wanted to get out of debt. I connected with Cambridge and it was wonderful. I gained a lot of things since I started working with them. They helped me out and they're good people to deal with. I needed to tell somebody from Cambridge though that I had paid through the store 'cause I had the money right then but they had drafted $94 out of my account. They wrote to tell me that they owed me some money and they're going to send it to me but I haven't received it yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got laid off and it was a sudden thing and then I found myself with enormous debt. I was looking for a vehicle to help me manage and overcome that debt process. I heard a radio announcement about Cambridge then I called the 800-number. I did the initial intake and they worked out a program with me based on the information that I provided. There were no problems throughout the process. I feel so much better that the process is over. What that program did was it stopped creditors from contacting me directly. And they were paid promptly because they did an automatic debit out of my checking account. So, everything went well and I was pleased with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I connected with Cambridge Credit Counseling to consolidate my debts.They were all very nice and were able to lower my interest rate. It made things easier. I learned to pay more attention since working with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a company called Consumer Credit Consolidation as I needed help in consolidating my credit and getting my interest rates down. When I found the phone number, it directed me to Cambridge. The lady who I worked with during the initial setup was really helpful. Then I get an e-mail every month regarding what I paid. It was good to get the e-mails to make sure that I will pay for the credit cards. Cambridge is a good company. I have no complaints.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having a lot of financial difficulties and then I found out I was pregnant. I knew that it wasn't going to get any better and I couldn't keep juggling it on my own and I needed some source of help. They lowered my interest rate and even got my balances dropped on some things. Cambridge took the load off my shoulders and it was paid much before I thought it would be. The lady that worked with me was so informative. She was extremely helpful and patient and explained things to me. If ever I hear anybody in need I would definitely recommend Cambridge.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I decided to work with Cambridge to lower the interest rate. My daughter also did Cambridge Credit and I learned about them from her. I’m paying service fee but that’s fine because I’ve saved a lot because of them. Everyone's helpful and knowledgeable. They explained everything to me like when one credit card is paid off, the amount that should be charged there was transferred to another account. The only drawback is that it was not explained to me that if I put my card in Cambridge, then it’s cancelled. So when I applied for Macy's, I was not approved because it was included in Cambridge. I should not have included my Macy's card. I always use it and just had a little balance from it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Cambridge has been excellent. They were friendly, professional and knowledgeable. They were able to lower my interest rate and helped me get some of the bills paid. That’s what they’re there for.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I contacted Cambridge Credit Counseling to clear up some old debt and we just got it paid off. Working with them helped me get out of debt and I've gained more financial independence. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I ran into a problem with one of my credit cards, and Cambridge Credit negotiated a better interest rate for me. It took me a long time to pay it off, but I did it. Their team was knowledgeable, and they send information through email, monthly. They did a nice job, and their fees aren't really high, either.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge did wonderful. It was simple and easy with them. They worked everything out, then told me it would be this amount of money each month and we would be paid off in three years, which we are. I even got a friend of mine to also go with them. Cambridge did everything they said they were going to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Cambridge Credit a few times, and they were very helpful. They wrote up a program for a couple of years, and I ended up being able to pay everything. It really helped me get things under control. I have a very smooth experience with them, so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got in touch with Cambridge Credit because I figured they could do a better job than me. Their team was fantastic. They were able to lower my interest rate, and they help me not to spend so much. They were very good to work with, I never had a problem. I was very pleased with them and I would recommend them to anybody I know.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge Credit did a great job. I've never had any problems with them. When I needed to get a hold of somebody, I was able to, and they helped me. They had a really good program that worked well for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge Credit helped me out a lot. It was my first time, and it actually worked out well for me. I was able to pay off the credit card in full, which is what we want to be doing with credits. I couldn't make multiple payments on major fees from other credit cards, and cutting down that one payment was what worked for me. It was little steps I made that took little chunks and eventually paid off. The finance charges were huge, but they cut it down from 90% to 7% on one card, then another one from 23% down to 4%. I really appreciated everything they did for me. I'd recommend Cambridge Credit to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been with Cambridge Credit for a couple of years. When I got real sick, they helped me out. They kept me updated on everything and did a real good job. I'm straight and back out now and everything. I paid off what I owed, and it was a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend told me about Cambridge Credit a couple of years back, and my experience with them worked out really well. I went back and forth with them on the phone until we got something squared away. I have already recommended them and still would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I are in a lot of credit card debt. She tried to work with the credit card companies herself to have them reduce the interest rate but wasn't successful. So at that point, we needed to do something else. We decided to use Cambridge and their team has been very helpful. Aside from learning not to get in that kind of situation again, we also knew about managing money a little better. Cambridge has improved our lifestyle and we would recommend them to anybody else who was in our situation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I signed up with Cambridge Credit a couple of years ago. They consolidated four of my cards, lowered the interest rate on all of them, put me on a plan, and then I got a monthly update from them over the course of a couple of years. One by one, the cards got paid off, and I just finished paying off the last one. They sent me a certificate of completion and a record of all of the payments made and when they were made. It was very thorough. Their team was quick, helpful, and professional. Everything was great. I was in need of a service like that. They walked me through the process, got me out of debt, and I'm at a much better place now. It was all a very good experience.

Resolution In Progress

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Hello Brittany, Happy New Year! We will try our best to address some of your concerns below:

We do apologize that you did not receive the hands-on approach to our debt management program that you would have preferred. We do try and send monthly reports to keep our clients informed. We’re working hard to develop new ways to reach out and engage our clients on their time.

We also would like apologize that you felt that we had tried to stretch out payments, but we’re glad that all of your payments were pulled on time each month. We calculate our monthly payments what the client’s budget suggests they can afford. We do encourage all of our clients to make larger payments if they are able to so that they can become debt free as soon as possible!

On a closing note, we actively do not market ourselves as a credit repair company! First and foremost, we focus on getting our clients out of debt and giving them the financial education they need to stay out of debt. We would be glad if you could pass on your knowledge that we are indeed a debt-management company!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Cambridge Credit was very slow to respond once I started the program. They got my money every month, but there were no regular check-ins. When they explained the program to me initially, they said that they would have someone checking in on me, and re-evaluate my budget at any point they want to. They promised a lot of things initially, but didn't happen. Granted, I did finish the program and paid off the old debt, but I feel like there wasn't much interaction. I was essentially paying them just to make the payment, but there was no added value there. In hindsight, I probably could have arranged those similar payments on my own with the company. So in addition to not really understanding what the scope of the program was and also not seeing the added value for what I was paying monthly, I feel it probably wouldn't be something that I would ever invest in again.

I don't believe they were able to lower my interest rate. They told me what the payment was going to be monthly, told me what their fee was, and that was it. So every month, the payments would come out of my account like clockwork. If I ever inquired as to what the balance was, it would take them every stupid link cycles to get back to me. And by then, the balance was delayed. Then whenever I called to talk to someone, it felt like as an ongoing customer, their push to me was more about, "Okay, we want to sign you on and we know how we can stretch out your payments so that we get our fee every month," but there's no other added services, and that was frustrating. I tried to look into the services they pitched on student loans and it was very hard for me to get a hold of someone. But again, I already signed up for it and I want to finish the program because I don't want this to come up as being derogatory.

They market themselves as a credit repair company when in actuality, that's not what they are. They are only a debt management. They can help me manage the need that I have, but they can't do anything about negotiating with creditors to remove things on my credit report. As a result, I make the effort to repair the bad standing or eliminate the debt. They need to be very explicit when they're talking to consumers or potential customers, that while they can help with these things, the customers may need to supplement it with something else. Because then, they're given the right of refusal to say, "Okay, well, maybe this isn't what I'm exactly looking for," instead of actually coerced. It would be nice to know why accounts that were on the brink of being removed manifested and committed to me paying those to get the added value from the consumers.

On the other hand, I got a certificate at the end, so that was exciting. It made me feel accomplished. My experience is done. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone else. I would explain what the scope of the program is so that they're not under false pretenses about what they're getting into. But personally, I can't see myself doing business with this company again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in a pretty deep hole. I had a number of institutions I was behind on and I was in that unfortunate position I made. On paper, it looked like I made enough money and I didn’t think anybody would have negotiated with me on an individual basis. I went with Cambridge 'cause I was drowning financially. I was in way over my head and I easily could have gone bankrupt. Cambridge was able to get the interest rate down to a range where I could handle the payments. I gave their people all the information I had and they estimated what they thought they could get the rates down to which would translate to a payment and what the payment plan would be. It was an aggressive plan and it was pretty tough to stay with, but we did. They would also send emails every month and would touch base every now and then.

Working with them has taught me not to get myself so overextended on credit. However, I didn't realize that in transferring into their program, I wound up being late or not making the last monthly payment. I was over my credit limit on some of the accounts when that happened and I didn’t have the money to go and bring the amount down. In a couple of cases, it took 10 months. These credit card companies, even though I’m making payments every month, posted another late payment on my credit report. It took me four years to clear my credit report which was the duration that I was in the program. The credit agencies go back four years but because they continued dinging me every month for the first 10 months I was in the program, it really sucked. Cambridge didn’t explain that to me very well and they should have done a better job at that. I told them that multiple times. That’s my one complaint with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I talked quite a bit with the rep from Cambridge Credit that was in charge of my case, but through the years, we didn't have much communication. They only emailed me if they saw something they wanted me to give. I was a little skeptical at first, but as the years went by, they've done a really great job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I first heard about Cambridge Credit Counseling from a co-worker and connected with them to consolidate and try to eliminate some of my debt. They were able to lower my interest rate and their reps were always positive, very clear, concise and very understanding. With Cambridge, I'm now getting a little bit additional money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've built up too much debt and I couldn't find a way to pay it off. I found Cambridge online and since working with them, I've learned not to max out my credit card. My wife kind of controls my spending now. Everything went smooth with Cambridge.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Profile