Call toll free
(888) 403-2084
4.90/5

67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

We are approved to provide reverse mortgage (HECM) counseling by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs, we offer foreclosure intervention services to residents of MA and CT and provide bankruptcy related credit counseling services.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2037 Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I have never dealt with any credit counselors or a company. This was my first time hearing about them. I read multiple reviews about this company and so far I’m not impressed with their customer service. I have tried multiple times trying to get ahold of the counselor I spoke with. I received one return phone call, but was unable to take it due to a personal event at that moment. Upon trying to contact “Aaron” again, I’ve been sent to voicemails with no return call. I tried to ask my questions to another individual, but was told that I would have to speak to “Aaron” directly. He hasn’t been interested in talking to me about my questions. I am not impressed with the customer service I have received so far and I haven’t agreed to what we talked about; which makes this experience even worse! If they cannot talk to someone before they are enrolled in their program, how can one have peace of mind that they can be contacted when needed?

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I had an experience in the past that my money was taken and ended without proper use. After my research, I decided that Cambridge was a good program for me to get into. They provided me with debt consolidation services where I could make payment with no pressure of having to pay too much out of pocket. When I enrolled, the lady was very nice and very comforting to reassure me that they were gonna help me any way they could. My counselor also answered my questions to my satisfaction. He was honest and took care of my financial problems.

It was reassuring to know that their customer support was checking me on any concern about my situation, and making sure that my payments were still okay for me to still be paid without any problem. I have completed the program and my experience had been wonderful. Working with Cambridge has relieved a lot of financial pressure and helped me to take care of my responsibilities without any pressure. At this time, I'm referring a family member to Cambridge.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I was having trouble with my credit card debt and I heard good stuff about Cambridge Credit Counseling. Their enrollment process was easy and the guy who helped me enroll was nice. Also, I liked the payment plan that they set up for the debt consolidation and the program helped me get out of debt. Cambridge was a blessing and I would recommend them. In fact, I've told some of my friends and family about them.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I had two credit cards and the interest rates were really high. Cambridge said they could help me pay the cards off and that was what they did. The counselors were very nice people and they were very knowledgeable. I had no problem getting in contact with them. They told me every month when they would send in the payment and how much they sent in. The payment plan wasn't difficult and it took me about two years to pay them off because they were really up there. I just got a letter from them saying that everything was completed and I got statements from the two credit card companies that it was $0 that I owe. Cambridge is a wonderful company that really helps you get on track and they got me straight. I am so grateful and happy that I don’t have to put out all that money. They have a way of working out with the company and the interest rates came down for them.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I needed help with my credit card debt and the payment plan that Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. set up for it was all right. It went on for three years and now the debt is already paid off. I felt though that I paid a lot to be in the program because over the three years, I paid around $1,000 which I might have saved otherwise. Other than that, I'm glad to be relieved of the payments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I knew for a fact that I wouldn’t be able to pay off my two cards on my own. So I called Cambridge and they've helped me out well. The person that I got was good, and the enrollment was simple and easy. I just gave them my information and 1-2-3, it was up and running. So far, it’s going okay. The only downside is that the cards are cancelled. But Cambridge helped me get rid of those crazy credit cards. They also saved me a lot of hassle and money from interest fees. So it’s worth it. Cambridge has my approval. The quality of service is good and so far, it’s been a good experience. They’re say what they’re gonna do and they do it. The counselor called me when he had time, and was kind and informative. He gave me a due date for the payment plan and he’s only waiting for my checking and routing numbers. That would be the completion.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I've dealt with Cambridge Credit Counseling before and I felt comfortable with them so I used them again. I had an issue when I first tried to make contact with them again. I had someone that I didn’t particularly care for that took the call initially. So I called back a couple of minutes later and spoke to someone else. The guy was able to accommodate me, consolidate everything, and get everything rolling. He just got right to the business and that was what I wanted to do. I just faxed over the information, and we went from there.

I had a lot of debt and I was on their program for about four and a half years. I paid $196 a month and it worked okay. The first time I went through them, my payment was a little higher. Their customer support was good. As long as they have my email, they kept me abreast of what was going on, what payment came off first, or what was finished paying for first. They just emailed me and let me know. Cambridge was very good and I've recommended them to other people.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I had a lot of credit card debts that I was trying to consolidate after the interest rates went up so high. I got Cambridge's services and the enrollment went really smoothly. They got my interest rate lowered on the credit cards then they consolidated it all into one payment that I made to them and they posted it. Everyone of the staff that I’ve spoken with was very helpful and very kind. We had great interactions. The payment plan setup was great too and I’m glad to be done with the program now. Cambridge was a huge help because otherwise, I would have been paying all those credit cards forever. I wouldn't have had any idea how to talk with the credit companies to get the interest rate lowered and go through all that. I would highly recommend Cambridge to anybody who needs their service.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I saw Cambridge Credit in the phonebook and I took the chance with them because I've talked to other people and I wasn't getting anywhere. Nobody could tell me anything and the bank would just charge me a whole lot more interest in getting my credit cards off. We did everything over the phone when we enrolled with Cambridge, and it went really well. If I had any questions, I would call and ask Steve, and he would explain it to me. If I couldn’t get a hold of him, then I would talk to somebody else, and they helped me out too. I went through their program for four years and I've paid off over $10,000 of credit card debt. I'm really happy with that. I’ve talked to other people about Cambridge, and they thought that the amount I was paying was pretty high. But that’s the way things work. You have to pay for services. I was satisfied with Cambridge and I was glad when it was all done and over with. I’m debt-free.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I got married and had a lot of debt going into the marriage. My mother used Cambridge and told me that she would recommend using them. I enrolled in their credit consolidation program, and working with them definitely helped. I got my debt paid off.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Cambridge walked me through every step of the way. I got into their credit card consolidation program and my experience was very good. Cambridge's counselors were very appropriate, offered good advice, and my payments are done. The cost was very reasonable, too. I would recommend Cambridge.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I had some extremely high credit card bills. Cambridge considered everything that I had and they worked out a financial plan for me that I could afford. The program worked really well and that helped me to pay off my bills. I was able to complete the program. However, I had difficulty towards the end when the bills were hitting pretty low and I had to adjust the payment. Also, there were times when I had trouble getting the correct amount paid and I called in and told them the actual price. We had miscommunication and things didn’t get done exactly right.

I ended up overpaying on one account and then when I was scheduled to make the last payment, I had the amount worked out and had that all set up. They transferred me to someone else to stop my electronic funds transfer, which should have been stopped after the last month’s payment, but they ended up stopping it too soon. So I had to do last month’s payment and deal with all that problem. Nevertheless, Cambridge made things a lot more convenient and I was very well-satisfied with the quality of their service.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Cambridge's program worked great. When I called, most of the time I had different people, but I had one guy that would call me to keep me updated. They were always very informative and they always threw the answer on everything I asked. The cost is great, too. Cambridge helped me out quite a bit, and I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I had cancer and there was a lot of things going on in my life at that particular moment so I thought I needed help. I went online and started looking at different places that would help me. Cambridge came up and happened to have the best reviews and people were saying good things about them. I gave them a call and asked them how they would handle things. From the moment I started working with them, they handled things in a really good way that made me feel good.

They called the company that I owed the debt to and worked out the payment plan. They came back and made sure it was okay and that I could afford it. We went through what my financial obligations were at the time to make sure that I would definitely fit into my schedule and I wouldn’t wind up getting myself into a worse situation than I was already in. They knew how much I was making and what my bills were approximately per month. They took that into consideration to come up with a figure which was doable for me and where I wasn't gonna be stressed every month. I was set up from the get-go and then it ran smoothly from there.

I had a specific person who took me from the beginning all the way through setting the payments up and the first few months, I would talk to him to make sure I was doing things correctly. Also, every once in a while, they would check in with me via e-mail or phone call to see how everything was going and if everything was good. Everything went fantastic with them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Cambridge paid my bill. They had a monthly fee that was tacked on, they cut down the interest rate and I just paid it every month on automatic withdrawal. The payment plan was doable. But at first, I thought the fee I had to pay was a lot and trying to pay off a bill and having to pay in addition to that seems counterintuitive to me. But then it was fine and they did their job. I wanted to pay off a bill and they set up a program, and that’s all I needed.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Enrolling with Cambridge was really easy. They asked me how much I could afford and they set up the payment. I worked with a few of their counselors and they pretty much knew what I was wanting to do. I called them a few times and they were able to tell me how the program was going. It was really easy to talk to them, and they sent me a monthly bill statement. They set up the payment plan to where they paid more of the highest interest rate first. So it looked like they knew what they were doing. I've completed the program and it worked out good.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I had a lot of credit card debt and was looking to consolidate and get out of it. I mentioned it in front of my parents’ friends and they told me that they have gone with Cambridge and that the company is awesome. I started seeing results after about a year but it took me five years clear up my debt. At first, going with the payment plan was difficult because I wasn’t working a lot of hours. As the credit card debt got down, I called and told them I couldn’t afford to make those payments. One of my bills was paid off and I asked if they could do a reduction and they were able to.

They’re very professional, friendly and they care about the client. I dealt with a couple of different people from Cambridge and every time I called or had a question about anything, they were always right on top of it and answered it very politely. They called to check and to see how things were going and if they needed any further assistance with anything. That was the best thing and that impressed me the most.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

When I first talked to Cambridge, they were never condescending. They said that if one of the creditors called me, I should try to pay it and then they would deduct it from what went through them. Sure enough, there were two companies that I had to pay one month, and then I received information from Cambridge reflecting that it had been paid. It blended in so well that I didn’t even see it as a cost. They were doing the dirty work and taking care of my bills for me. I didn’t have to worry. I just sat back knowing that everything was taken care of. Everything was smooth sailing. Close to the end with the way my pay started shifting, I would call and they would always assure me I was good. Plus they answered my questions. I would highly recommend them. I hope I don’t have to use them again but if the need ever arises, they're my go-to company.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I wanted mostly to improve my credit score and also to get rid of my debts so I enrolled with Cambridge over the phone. I did the debt consolidation program and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend Cambridge. A lot of people don't like paying fees but I took it as an entire payment. And as soon as my debts were paid off, my credit score went up. It did go back down but that was because I was using a lot of my credit.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I was in debt and I was unable to handle the credit card on my own. I'd heard of Cambridge before so I reached out and tried them, and it seems that they've been around for a while. Once I made a call to ask a question, they took me professionally. They helped me to be debt free and right now, I’m relieved. It worked out well for me. I was stressed out when I came and now I’m lighter. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Cambridge was highly rated and the gentleman I worked with was very nice, thorough and always helpful. The process went really well and quicker than I imagined. Everyone at Cambridge was very pleasant and I was very happy with how everything turned out. Anytime I had a question or if I wanted to add or take away something, they were always very nice to me. Working with them has helped my credit. I had never done that before and I was scared to do it, but it turned out to be very beneficial for me. If I was in a pinch, I would definitely utilize something like that again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Cambridge was recommended to us by a financial adviser and they're great. They took our credit cards and we paid them then they paid the creditors. They were easy to talk to and they worked with what we could afford and what they could get with the creditors. With Cambridge's help, we were even able to pay our debts off early. It was wonderful dealing with them and I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

At one time, I had a debt of $15,000. I got a call from one of Cambridge's representatives asking me if I have credit card problems. I asked her what we would do to help me out of the jam. She put me on a payment plan of 8 to 10 years thereafter paying $400 a month. Usually, when I pay off a bill, Cambridge sends me a contract stating I have paid. Cambridge also sent me a letter stating that creditors had overcharged me. The letter also stated that I needed to call Capital One, tell them that I overpaid $25 one time and $75 another time and that they owed me a refund. However, I'm still getting letters from creditors that I still owe $5 or $25. Still, I had a great experience with the company as I didn't notice payments were automatically deducted from my account. They treated me well and got me out of debt. Now, I'm back standing on my own two feet.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I tried with another debt relief company but they weren't accepting any clients. I went to Cambridge and their enrollment process was pretty standard. I did everything online and talked to someone in the Agawam office. At first, I called up, said I wanted to pay my debt off, and I needed a quote. I got a callback from somebody telling me over the phone what I was gonna pay and I told them that that was not how we were gonna do it. I told them I wanted corroborating evidence of what the payoff was gonna be and they sent me something. In the payment plan they gave me, I paid $30 a month. I was in the program for two years and now the bills are paid.

But it turned out that the payoff they told me was not what the true payoff was because I got a check back for $33.90 from Bank of America and now they’re telling me I owe them $3.04. I have no intention of paying it and if I have to, I will be over to the office in Agawam and Cambridge is gonna give me me back $3.04. Also, I have a very small credit balance on one of the other cards, so I was not even sure if they went through the credit card companies to obtain the balances. Cambridge should make sure they know what they're doing when they calculate the payoff balance. And they shouldn't call someone on the phone and tell them what their payoff is without giving them something to back up what they're saying. I had to ask to have something sent to me via either email or mail.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I had quite a bit of money that I owed. Cambridge made up a plan for me wherein I could pay off all my bills. They did a good job and I completed their program. I'm doing better now and I'm very satisfied with Cambridge.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

As an undergraduate, I racked up a lot of credit card debts. So, I was seeking for something to help me as I graduated from college to start balancing my financial life together. I had a colleague who had used Cambridge and she recommended it. The enrollment was super easy. The agent had me list all of the stuff I needed to be covered and he walked me through the process. Once everything got done, it was a peace of mind for me.

The program worked because I just did one easy payment. I had more than eight accounts and it helped me organized all of it. Also, the financial information that was sent helped. When I would wonder about certain things, I would just look up what Cambridge had sent and I would use that. And I would call the counselor when I had updates to my account and it was quick and easy. I didn't have to go through too much information. I would let him know what account I paid and how much. I completed the program six months early and it took three years and a half overall.

In the beginning, I thought how much it cost for the debt consolidation was a lot but as I started paying it, I realized how much I was paying per month and the interest. After I added all that, it wasn't a lot. The interest of what I would be paying afterward would have been way higher than the month-to-month payments. Also, it was an overall easy process and it was very helpful. If you're stressed out with your debts, Cambridge is a company that can combine all of your accounts together and make it easy for you. I have some friends that have gone through Cambridge since I have gone through the program.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I got disabled, and I had borrowed money on credit cards. When the disability was finally approved, I was not paid the back money. I wound up in the hole. We needed to renegotiate a way that we could pay it. Then I heard of Cambridge Credit Counseling on a discussion on Fox News. They were mentioned as being one of the reputable companies that handle credit counseling. Their enrollment process was very easy. All I had to do was call them up, tell them what I owed, what my problems were, and they took care of the rest. It was my wife who talked to their counselor about where the balance was and they were very helpful.

It was big thing that they renegotiated the interest rate. Then they figured out what we could afford to pay and we just made that monthly payment. Every month it came right out of our checking account and it was taken care of. We’ve paid everything off now. The stress is gone and I’m happy to have gotten through it. The only issue that we had with Cambridge was there were things we didn’t wanna put in there but we were forced to put in by Cambridge to be able to negotiate with the other creditors. They explained that I didn’t have a choice. Nevertheless, it was a good experience working with them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

We were pretty bad in debt, then we did a debt consolidation with Cambridge Credit Counseling. They helped us resolve our issues and get them cleaned up. The enrollment was perfect, and it was very self-explanatory. The rep kept us abreast with everything that was gonna happen and with what was going on. Everything that he told us went as planned.

We only worked with just one rep in the beginning. He has assisted us and we've stayed out of future debts. We went over what we owed and what he was gonna do to help us as far as what we can do. Then Cambridge set up a plan that was much more comfortable than us trying to pay several credit cards off by ourselves. Everything has been auto deducted from our account. The cost was also fine. We're almost complete with the program, and we would tell others that we have a good experience with Cambridge and they are able to get us out of our debt.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I was having some debt trouble and I wanted to pay off my credit. I got into debt consolidation with Cambridge where they distributed the money to the people I owe debts to. I talked to somebody about my finances, and they emailed me and sent me mail. They helped in getting rid of my debt.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Everything worked out very well with Cambridge. It was a good way to get out of debt and to do it the right way. They consolidated all my debt and then I paid everything down monthly. The first interaction I had wasn’t too good though. But, when I had called again, the rep set everything up the way I needed it to be set up. The enrollment went very well and they were very helpful from start to finish. They came up with a payment plan that I could afford monthly and they tailor-made a program specifically to pay it off under the conditions of whatever income was coming in.

The quality of their service was excellent. Cambridge got me out of debt and got me on the right track. They also followed up and checked in periodically to see how it was going. If I ever am in a situation where I need advice, Cambridge would be the first one that I would call. I am finished with the program and I recommend them.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Cambridge Credit Counseling was established in 1996 and works to provide credit counseling, debt management programs and financial literacy education to clients across America. It is a non-profit company and specializes in credit, housing, reverse mortgage and bankruptcy counseling and debt reduction services.

• Free credit counseling: Non-profit Cambridge Credit Counseling offers free credit counseling by nationally certified debt experts to consumers who need to find ways to get out of debt.

• Services: Cambridge Credit Counseling offers a variety of counseling services covering topics such as credit cards, housing, reverse mortgages, foreclosures, bankruptcy and overall financial education.

• Expertise: Company counselors have, on average, 13 years of experience and hold national certifications through the Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education, the Partnership for Financial Education, NeighborWorks and the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.

• Credentials: Cambridge Credit Counseling is a 501(c)(3) non-profit credit and housing counseling agency. Cambridge is an ISO 9001:2008 organization, which means its credentials are recognized worldwide.

• Best for: clients with excessive credit card debt, mortgage debt, student loan debt and individuals in need of credit counseling.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg