Call toll free
(888) 403-2084
4.90/5

67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

We are approved to provide reverse mortgage (HECM) counseling by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs, we offer foreclosure intervention services to residents of MA and CT and provide bankruptcy related credit counseling services.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2072 Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I was so bad in debt, but Cambridge really worked hard and got me to 36 months to pay off my debt. I paid off $12,800, and everybody I talked to at Cambridge helped. It is not like some companies that you call and one person knows one thing and another person knows another. The reps at Cambridge have all been trained nicely and they all know everything. When I called Cambridge, I got different people but all of them were wonderful. They took the time, reached out, and made sure everything was corrected. I like the fact that they all worked together. If I had questions, they would help me. They also send out packet every so many months to read to let you know that it might be hard but it’s gonna be all right.

I was getting phone calls saying that I owed money. The reps from Cambridge was able to look up the calls and they told me that it was a scam. I have a very wonderful experience. I feel very good that I'm debt-free now. They took care of everything. They also made sure there was nobody trying to use my name in anything. Cambridge is very nice. I’ve sent at least six people to Cambridge and they really liked it. My daughter has also done the program, and my girlfriend just started with them as well.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Somebody that I trust recommended Cambridge's program to me. I signed up for their debt consolidation program and the process was really simple. I just gave them the information that they asked for, and then they did all the work on getting a hold of the different companies that I had debt with. The program has worked very well. They didn’t just do the debt consolidation, they did some counseling alongside that. The cost was very reasonable, too.

Cambridge's customer support was always available if I needed them, so they did a great job. My counselors sent me emails every so often, and not very often at all. They would make a phone call just to see how everything was going. My interactions with them was very non-invasive. I could access updates on my account any time. But about every couple of months, I would get an email that kinda updated me on everything. I was very comfortable working with Cambridge, and the program worked perfectly for me. It definitely helped me get back on track with my finances. It was very easy to do. It didn't feel like it was something that was gonna harm my credit report in the long run.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I felt good working with Cambridge. They were able to answer the questions I asked them and they did what they said they could do. They got the bills paid and it was great. Paying them out wasn’t that easy, but I was paying them out. The payment plan was low and I felt good about it. It was awful when I was struggling every month trying to pay my bills and Cambridge saved my life.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I had out of control debts and I saw that Cambridge was endorsed by the Better Business Bureau. The rep was very professional and knowledgeable. They reached out to the companies and had the interest rate lowered. They came up with a budget that fit our income. The process went relatively well and I paid off my debt within five years. The payment plan was excellent and worked out fine for us. Also, I appreciated the email information they sent us. We read it and put some things in action, so it was good that they tried to be informative. The cost was well worth it and if we get into the same predicament, I would use Cambridge again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

My wife had some surgery so we fell behind on a couple of credit cards. And with Cambridge attached to my company's employee assistance program, I signed up with them and had a great experience. I just made a phone call, did some interview over the phone and sent some documents via email, and then it was pretty fast.

After that, they contacted our creditor and then got both of my interest rate and monthly payment lowered. They worked out a decent payment plan for me considering a lot of things like my monthly financials, power, water, etc. I had the payments directly taken out of my payroll account, and it worked out pretty good. I worked with Imma and I liked her personality and willingness to help. She answered my questions right away when I first started the enrollment. Then the reps even called to make sure that I was on track with what I need to do and to voice out their support. They’ve been awesome to deal with. I'd recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We got behind in debt and Cambridge was referred to me by a friend. We used them for debt consolidation and the enrollment process was good. We were able to pay everything down and complete it. I was very comfortable working with them. It took a lot of the stress away.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Cambridge really helped me. They took the money and consolidated my debt. The people that worked with me were good and friendly. The cost was very nice as well. I'm satisfied with Cambridge.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Cambridge Credit Counseling was really outstanding. I was drowning in debt and I didn't know how to get out. I am a workaholic and I work around the clock. And their reps respected my space, which is something that I really appreciate a lot. But they were also helpful and reached out and they gave me good things to read. They helped educate me on how to be a wiser consumer and it stuck. Things have been going really well. A couple years I've had a lot of chaos in between marriage and divorce but we got everything under control. Right now I'm happily divorced and out of debt.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Cambridge helped me coordinate with the credit card company to lower my payment and they put me on a payment plan with them. Enrolling for their program was easy, and I did it through the phone, so I didn’t have to go anywhere. It kinda got it all done really quickly. The program worked great. Having that debt sorted out and not having to think too much about it helped a lot. I liked that for the most part, the Cambridge counselors just let the process flow, but they were there if I needed any help. They were all very attentive. They listened after my concerns and I got everything squared away. The payment plan was fair, too, and the cost was the right amount. Cambridge helped me get a load off of me and it helped me balance out my life a little bit more.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

It seemed Cambridge’s plan was better provided what I was gonna do at that time. They took over a couple of outstanding credit card bills that I couldn't afford to pay. They also kept me updated with some information through the mail. Working with Cambridge has been good and I have no more problems with my credit cards.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Cambridge provided us with consolidation services, and we were very comfortable working with them. They have a lot of experience in that matter and they were very straightforward and honest. They addressed our every concern and questions regarding the process, and I also received an email monthly. We completed our program in five years and it got us back on track. Our credit score went up. Cambridge's rates could be better but we were impressed with their negotiation power. I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I had a hard time paying my bills and my friend told me to call a company. I talked to them and they referred me to Cambridge where I went into the debt settlement program. They showed me how to balance my checkbook and how to save money. They also used to call me and see how I was doing. I felt very good working with them and the cost was okay. I was having a hard time but I made it in four years. Cambridge has impacted my life very well and I get to save money right now. I talked to somebody about Cambridge a year ago and I would assure others that Cambridge can also help them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

For the last few days I was so stress with all my debt. I decided to search to find someone that could help me. Upon searching Cambridge Credit Counselling came up and I decided to contact the company. Then Ryan ** answer and I gave all my credit card problem as well my summons of my credit card. Ryan ** explained to me everything. He was very helpful and care so much about my problem. He even contact me and email me to follow just to updated me. After few days he finally consolidate my debt without any hesitation not just like other company that they're trying to take advantage on me. I will recommended this company. 100% guaranteed that they will help you in any issue that you have. Ryan ** I appreciate everything that you've done with me now that I have peace of mind. That I know that this company Cambridge Credit Counseling will help other people like me.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I had too many bills. I looked into counseling services and CreditAssociates' plan was more doable than some of the places we checked into and so we talked to them and they set us up. The payment plan that I had seemed impossible at that time, but with them doing it, it was easier than me trying to remember to do it each month. Their counselors were very helpful whenever I called them. One time, I had to skip a payment a month and they were okay. They understood and did not give me a bad time about it. I have finished the program and my two big debts are now gone. I'm very pleased. I was impressed with how fast it went and how informed I was on what was going on and how much I still owed. CreditAssociates is worth your time. If I were to get in the same situation again, I would call them again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I was dealing with a really contentious divorce and single motherhood led me to seek the services of Cambridge. I went with their debt consolidation and monthly payment plan, and they helped me through that stressful moment. I felt like it was the same as paying a credit card company and I knew I'd be able to pay off my debt quickly. As far as payments, Cambridge just kinda told me a number and I made the number work. I'm done with the program and I closed my account with them a month or two ago. Cambridge helped me pace myself for a hot minute when I got into a mess, and now I'll never get into that mess again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Thinking about the long-term future, I am getting older and opportunities to have one payment for my credit card bills will help a lot. I gave Cambridge a call and the rep understood my concern. I got Cambridge for debt consolidation and they worked really well with me. It's great because even my wife joined the program.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

My husband had passed away and left me in a house that I couldn’t afford so I had to move. I used up my cash to buy a house and had to incur all kinds of expenses. And with the debts that I had even before my husband passed away, it was hard for me to get control of the payments. He was in charge of all the financial things so I was overwhelmed, I did not know how to build a budget and I was spending too much. I then called Cambridge and they were very nice. They helped me gather my total debt, what my bill payments were for the individual credit card and the interest rates I was paying for those. I was paying too much in interest and I wasn’t able to cover my monthly bills. I also had bills like gas and electric.

The reps at Cambridge walked me through things, made a list of all that I owe and they made a plan. They negotiated with the credit card companies, got the interest rates reduced and reached an agreement on monthly payments and consolidating. So, all I had to do was pay a monthly fee to Cambridge and they would disburse it to the individual creditors. Cambridge really removed a lot of stress on my part. I’d recommend them to others who are in a similar situation. You don’t need to be constantly stressed, worried and feel worthless because you get to a point where you feel like you’re a lousy person. There is light at the end of the tunnel, and Cambridge will help you to find it and get control of it.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I didn’t wanna declare bankruptcy and I wanted to pay my bills so I got Cambridge Credit. They set up a payment plan, and we did an automate deduction out of my account. They paid off my creditors for me. I was impressed by how willing they were to talk to me. I would ask how much more do I owe because I would like to pay it off earlier around that line. The rep I worked with specifically most of the time was always able to get back to me that day or the next day and tell me. I recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

We had some credit cards that we were having some trouble paying at their minimum. I called 10 debt consolidation companies and we did a lot of research with some of the other ones that were out there. Cambridge offered what we needed and based on the research that we did with regards to reviews and about their company, we decided to go with them. They were able to negotiate lower APRs for us that we were able to set up a manageable plan.

The process took two years and it was a very successful program for us. However, we had a problem with a medical bill. Cambridge put the medical facility as a part of our plan and we were sending money out thinking that it was getting paid. Then, all of a sudden, we heard from the medical facility that we haven’t been paying the required minimum. They said they don’t recognize Cambridge. I didn’t find out about it until a couple of months later that there was an issue but with everything else, the cards were closed and we were able to pay everything.

The rep that we dealt with was excellent. He walked us through the paperwork and if I ever had any questions, I was able to contact them directly. Also, we would call regularly to give our credit card balances and they always picked up immediately. The payment plan was very comfortable and we were able to meet the payments. We never missed one and it worked out very well for us. I recommended Cambridge to family members and friends just letting them know that it's a very good program. I let them know how the process works, and where they close your cards, call, follow up and work with you throughout the process. They were great and it was a very positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Cambridge helped with consolidating my credit card debt and then paying it off. I talked to their counselor in the beginning and got everything set up. It was very helpful and easy to do. Then they just sent me emails every once in a while for my statements. Everything went fine and I had paid everything off. It helped me get out of debt and made things more manageable. Everything was very worth it and I had referred somebody to Cambridge. It’s definitely something you should do if you have a lot of credit card debt.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I wanted to consolidate things and get them paid off quicker with a lower interest rate. I researched and Cambridge had a lot of good reviews. The Debtors Anonymous groups also suggested Cambridge. I enrolled with Cambridge's debt consolidation program, and the enrollment process was a lot easier than I thought it was gonna be. At first, I had questions about the interest rate, including how the process worked as far as dividing up the payments to different creditors. They explained everything very well and emailed that in writing. The payment plan worked very well. They explained why they did what they did, and everybody agreed to it, and the answer was straight.

The counselors that helped me were very nice and were always there if I needed questions answered. They weren’t demeaning and they impressed me. They're very helpful, with lots of emails and literature on the attitude of how to consolidate the debt but to stay out of it. If my personal agent wasn’t there to help, somebody else was always more than willing to help out. I completed the program a month ago, and Cambridge did well. I did it in association with Debtors Anonymous and it was the main reason that I didn’t get in to any more debt and got it paid off. I'd recommend Cambridge to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I had a good experience initially talking to someone on the phone at Cambridge and then throughout the process, I had very good interactions with my rep. I had a reasonable payment plan and was able to complete the process within an appropriate period of time. With that, I would recommend Cambridge.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I had Cambridge consolidate my credit card debts and I had a good experience with them. I was more comfortable with them. I looked into another company who was too much of a quick fix. People at Cambridge were also always very helpful and they answered the phone when I called. The payment plan that I had wasn't easy to pay but it was doable. The only concern I had as I skipped the payment once and Cambridge had told us that there were only two of the cards we couldn’t skip without problem. And so, we skipped one, and then one of them ended up being a problem. So, there could have been more understanding on their part of not being able to skip payments. But then I just recently completed my program and it was a relief to get my debts taken care of.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My daughter knew that I had a little more than I could carry so she suggested for me to try Cambridge Credit Counseling. Cambridge and I agreed with what they were gonna do for me and that’s what they did. They kept sending me letters, but I didn’t get involved ‘cause I couldn’t see and hear that well so I just looked enough to understand what was going on. Then, I had the payment direct through my checking account so that wasn't a problem. I got two debts through them which helped. Everything went as we had planned. It paid off some credit cards without adding and I’m gonna keep it that way. I don’t want to get back into all of those credit cards anymore. It also made me aware that I didn’t have to be charging as much. Overall, I was satisfied with them.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. response

Hello, Willie Mae, thank you for taking the time to review our services and congratulations on completing our program. We're glad that you have learned to watch your credit card spending. A good rule to observe is to only use a credit card for purchases you can already afford! That way, it's easier to stay debt free.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Due to high credit card debt and I went to Cambridge Credit Counseling. Dealing with them was very simple and straightforward. They wrote letters to my creditors, negotiated lower interest rates, and set up monthly payments. They did it for four years, and I'm debt-free now. At the beginning of the process they call me to see if I had any questions, but because I work from home and work all day, it was hard to have any meaningful interaction. I was just happy with the emails they sent every month with the summary of my expenditures or payments. That was all I needed. The payment plan was very manageable. I pay $43 a month. It was much more manageable than the amount I owed at that time. They really helped me out with that. I'd recommend Cambridge Credit Counseling.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I did some research online and it appeared that Cambridge had a pretty good reputation. So, I contacted them. Their enrollment process was easy and I didn’t have a lot of difficulty with it. As long as you have your information together, that works easily for them. The program did exactly what it said as far as consolidating all of my payments. The process of automatically drafting the payment was really convenient and it was very simple to add creditors if you need to. It was also a lot easier for me to make one payment to Cambridge instead of making several payments to the accounts that they handled for me, and it was wonderful to get those accounts out of collections and getting paid on.

Other than that, Cambridge's reps offered a little bit of financial education which was all online. So if you chose to access them, you could learn a lot and improve your financial literacy as well. People that find themselves in those positions, like myself, could really benefit from financial literacy and learning about budgeting, so that they don’t return to those situations of overusing credit cards or spending beyond their means. That was the most important part of my experience and the program wouldn’t be so successful unless it had that component that they offered to their clients. I was very satisfied with their services so I would recommend it to somebody else if they had the same situation.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I told one of my cards' creditors that I was thinking about looking into credit counseling services and they called up Cambridge Credit Counseling and referred Cambridge's number to me. I reached out to Cambridge and I was trying to get all my debts under one roof. I was paying my debts individually and it was a lot to keep track. Cambridge helped me put my debts under one umbrella and work out something to where I could eliminate my debt because that was a program and it was trying to get my debts under control.

They gave me a four-year program and we ended a little earlier than anticipated. The interactions I had with the counselors were great. They answered all the questions that I had. I had a couple of concerns about one of the creditors that I put on there and they did a really good job in helping me through that. When I called Cambridge, they really gave me some good information that helped me go back and be specific about what I needed the creditor to do, and we ended up getting the issue resolved.

My experience with Cambridge Credit Counseling was good and the program was stress-free for me. Once it started, they did what they were supposed to. They sent me out a statement every month, so I knew where I was at to keep me on track or keep me updated. I looked forward to the past year because the debt it was going down and it was a little encouraging for me after seeing that was being done. I felt better knowing that I don't have the debt over my shoulder. I got everything that I needed and they delivered on what they promised to do. They did me great service and if someone would call me, I'd recommend Cambridge based on what they did for me. They lived up to what they said they were gonna do. Anytime I called them, there was no big runaround. They were always directing me to where I needed to go.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

One of my friends told me about Cambridge and I was enrolled with their program for four years. They were wonderful and I recommend them to anybody I know who’s having difficulties. The program helped me tremendously and I didn’t have to sit down and figure out how I could pay all my debts off. Since I worked with Cambridge, I’m saving $1,000 a month.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

By the time I completely retire and I'm on a fixed income, I didn’t want any bills other than household. So, I wanted to consolidate my credit card debts. I got Cambridge out of the telephone book and the gentleman that helped me the very first day was very helpful. We communicated on and off on the phone all day, sent papers back and forth, and faxed them. I had a four-year plan with Cambridge and my amount with the consolidation was close to $10,000 of credit cards. I was giving them $210 a month for four years and it ended about two months ago. Everything is all complete now and one of the companies sent me a check of 41 cents.

The reps I worked with at Cambridge were very good and very helpful throughout the entire four years. Every now and then, they would send me questionnaires to fill out to know how I was doing and how my financial status was. Then I would send the questionnaires back. They were understanding as well and very efficient in everything they did as far as helping me and sending paperwork. The quality of their service was excellent and I would recommend them to anyone that was looking to consolidate.

Before I signed up with Cambridge, I always looked and saw who was getting paid every month. So if I wound up with a late payment, I'd be in trouble because I would owe my creditors then I got a late payment added to my debt. Cambridge worked with the people that I owed and came up with some really good deals for me. They got me out of debt and without them, I would still be paying off those credit cards.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I was in financial debt and my circumstances weren’t good. I had cut back my jobs and was only working part-time. I wasn’t able to make ends meet. Cambridge worked with my creditors to get the payments down for me. Their counselor was very professional and I could trust him completely. I sent them cash payment every month and they distributed it to my creditors. So it made my life a lot better and simpler than trying to work with the creditors myself. The whole process was wonderful. They helped me out tremendously until where I could get back on my feet again. I’m out of debt now and I consider Cambridge Credit Counseling as a blessing to me.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Cambridge Credit Counseling was established in 1996 and works to provide credit counseling, debt management programs and financial literacy education to clients across America. It is a non-profit company and specializes in credit, housing, reverse mortgage and bankruptcy counseling and debt reduction services.

• Free credit counseling: Non-profit Cambridge Credit Counseling offers free credit counseling by nationally certified debt experts to consumers who need to find ways to get out of debt.

• Services: Cambridge Credit Counseling offers a variety of counseling services covering topics such as credit cards, housing, reverse mortgages, foreclosures, bankruptcy and overall financial education.

• Expertise: Company counselors have, on average, 13 years of experience and hold national certifications through the Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education, the Partnership for Financial Education, NeighborWorks and the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.

• Credentials: Cambridge Credit Counseling is a 501(c)(3) non-profit credit and housing counseling agency. Cambridge is an ISO 9001:2008 organization, which means its credentials are recognized worldwide.

• Best for: clients with excessive credit card debt, mortgage debt, student loan debt and individuals in need of credit counseling.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg