Call toll free
(888) 403-2084
4.91/5

67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

We are approved to provide reverse mortgage (HECM) counseling by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs, we offer foreclosure intervention services to residents of MA and CT and provide bankruptcy related credit counseling services.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1987 Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I moved my mobile home and bought land. I got behind on quite a few of my bills and the only solution I had at the time was to combine everything down into one payment so that I could catch up. I had used Cambridge once before, so I went with them again. They provided consolidation service at $50 a month for the fee. Whenever I had an issue that came up when I was discussing what I needed to do or if there were something that I didn’t think the merchandiser was doing correctly, I would call and ask the Cambridge reps. Some of the merchandisers weren’t getting it cleared off of my credit report like they should have and Cambridge would always step in and fix it for me.

Cambridge was very helpful and they got my bills paid off, which was all I was concerned with. They handled everything and got it taken care of. If there were any issues, they would step in and help me resolve them. They were able to do away with some of the overage and late fees. They handled getting it set up through each one of my retailers so that I didn’t have to deal with all of that. If they had any questions, Cambridge would email me, let me know that I needed to call them and then I would call and discuss it with them. If I had questions about everyday finances that I needed to discuss with them, I would call and discuss it with one of their counselors. They would advise me and send me letters and emails on things that I needed to pursue. They were really good and very advisable.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Cambridge Credit Counseling was one of the companies referred by my employment. I had them consolidate my credit card dues. I gave them a list of all my credit cards and statements with the amount due and my name. Their program helped me get out of my debt faster. It was scheduled for five years but I only did about four years.

I completed the program by not having to pay multiple companies and just making one single payment that helped me gather more money so I could make a higher payment and get out of debt quicker. The Cambridge counselors were very helpful and I never had any issues with them. They were excellent. They talked to all the creditors and they negotiated an amount and then they added all the payments enough that I came up with it. I liked that they helped me create a budget and that made me see what I was doing wrong. I'm happy that I worked with Cambridge.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I had too much credit card debt at high interest rates. I was slightly losing control and I was trying to tame that. The idea of dealing with consolidation with the credit card being closed and getting paid off at a lower interest rate had high appeal. We had an employee assistance program at work and when I said I was interested in doing debt consolidation, they referred me to Cambridge. So far, it's been going well, especially after dropping the $1,200 monthly payment. When you're in the process, you don’t have additional credit to depend on and it's definitely a little more painful. But it needs to be, right? Then you'd get out of debt.

With the Cambridge payment dropping off, we're gonna actually be able to buy a new car. We have an old car and I'm just waiting to build up enough money to have a down payment. Even then, I'm not completely using that money for down payment. There are still some credit cards but they're not out of control. The one thing that I was sad about was my credit rating falling. It took a little bit of a hit but it seemed like it was going up very slowly. That would be the only thing that was a little different than expected. But Cambridge did what they needed to do and it was done very well. It wasn’t perfect but it was as good as it could be.

Customer service was always good too. I had my own tracking things so when something didn’t go right, I knew about it before they did. But when it came to the problems, things were typically resolved quickly. One of the creditors was a little difficult to deal with. I had to use my bank where I had a home equity line of credit. Even then, the creditor was difficult. They wanted to be in first position on the home equity line of credit. But the Cambridge people solved it so that was good. Overall, the Cambridge experience has been very positive and helpful.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I called Cambridge and they were super friendly and helpful. I spoke to a guy when I first enrolled and he explained everything. I could do everything over the phone and it was super easy. They were able to email me the stuff and I could electronically sign it and didn’t have to even leave my office. I had several credit cards so Cambridge went in and talked to the companies to reduce my interest so I could pay it off. The program worked very well. They automatically took the payment out of my checking account every month and I didn’t have to worry about making sure I got the bills paid on time. I knew once I made that one time payment they were taking care of the rest of it and I didn’t have to worry about it. So it made my life a little less stressful knowing that was taken care off. I got a statement electronically all the time so I could always look at it. I have recommended Cambridge to a couple of friends.

I was able to send in a lump sum to pay it off a little early. When I was trying to pay off early, I called Cambridge to know my pay off amount. They told me they would call me back but I called them twice and I never got a return call to give me a payoff amount. So I just guesstimated and sent in some. After I did that, they called me back and told me that I owed about $55 more and they took that out of my last payment. That was the only issue I’ve ever had with Cambridge because once I talked to them and it came out of my checking account, I didn’t have to visit with them again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

A radio station have a business finance type segment in their morning program. It was about credit card consolidation things on what to do and what not to do. I've always thought the expert who was talking was very fair and very honest. When he was asked for a suggestion, he suggested Cambridge. My husband talked me into hiring them. The whole interaction with the rep of Cambridge was wonderful. They were very thorough. It was rough to pay that much but since I got in trouble by myself, I was expected to tighten my belt. It worked out really good. They kept in touch and I got monthly statements.

They consolidated and negotiated with the two credit cards that I had and set up one monthly payment. Their take out of the whole thing was $25 a month after an initial $75 enrollment thing. It was a major process. I got letters from both credit card companies saying what they had negotiated and I was kept in the loop for the whole thing. The payment was automatically taken out of my bank account. Cambridge was very understanding. They did not question me how I got myself into that situation. They offered information about how not to do it again. I have no credit cards now and I don't plan on getting one. I have already recommended Cambridge to people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I had credit card debt and I heard good reports about Cambridge on the news and online so I enrolled with them. Their rep was very good. Everything was very easy and very responsive. And, the cost was very fair and in line. The program was five years but I got it down to three and a half years. Now, I’m no longer in debt which was a great relief.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I had a lot of credit card debt and very high interest rates and I wanted to be able to consolidate everything. Someone who used Cambridge referred me to them. The enrollment process was very easy. I spoke with them on the phone and reviewed all the information with them. There were a lot of things that they wanted me to do such as doing a budget review and looking at some of the credit cards that I had and what some of the interest rates were.

They looked at all my debts and worked with the creditors and determined what the payments would be needed to be for each one of the bills. We talked about what my monthly payment was going to be. It was something that was very easy for me to be able to manage. I was paying so much more than that individually. The program has been great. At first, it was a little daunting when you think about having four years to be able to pay everything off, but it goes by a lot quicker than you anticipate. It’s nice to be able to see some of the balances go down, especially when they were able to negotiate better interest rates for you.

Periodically, I would receive emails from my counselor to do a review of how things were going. I found the service to be very helpful in that regard. It seems like they were very concerned about how I was doing and if everything was going okay. I was impressed that they were very attentive and very willing to help and wanted to make sure that I stayed on track. I’m very comfortable working with them. Moreover, I've always had the main telephone number for Cambridge so that if I had any questions and I wasn’t able to get a hold of my counselor, I could call and a rep would be able to help me out.

Going with Cambridge was one of the best decisions I ever made. It’s so hard sometimes to be able to get out from under the weight of all the debt. It is great to be able to have a company that works with the creditors and help you maneuver all of that. I would definitely tell anybody that was struggling with debt to look Cambridge up and seek out their services.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Financially I could afford paying my debts, but it was going in so many directions that I knew that I would miss one eventually so I decided to put everything together and make it a lot easier to make one payment. I looked at what Cambridge had to offer, not just that they could consolidate but they also gave financial literacy to help guide and support me on how to use my credit better and build it.

There was some paperwork during the enrollment - some phone calls and little corresponding of what I needed to have taken care of. We correspond mostly through email and it was easy. They paid off my credit cards and I learned more responsibility when it came to having, earning, building and using credit. I've completed the program in three and a half years. Their reps gave me basic updates. Mostly, everything was paperless. I made my payments or I deposited them and they withdrew them. I got statements of my credit cards on a regular, so I kinda kept up with that as well and I knew that they were going down.

If I saw that my payment was gonna be late by a couple of days, I can always call in a couple of weeks ahead of time and let them know to not pull the payment yet, which I thought was really good. They made sure I was staying on top of my monthly bills. It was a huge burden that they had taken off of me. It was a little pricey, but I think it was worth it considering the amount of service that I got. The customer service was very consistent. It was very solid and stable. I really like that I could pick up the phone any time and give them a call and just, “Hey, I just wanna get an update to see how things are going.” They weren’t always able to give me my end balance because I fluctuate at times, so I would have to wait for my monthly statements but they would let me know if there was any issues or when one would fall off like, “Okay, that one’s been paid off.” The payment was always consistent.

When one got paid off, they would pay more on the other ones.The only thing I wasn’t clear on was when my credit cards were paid off, they were also closed. I was always under the impression that when one closes, it hurts your credit. In which case, they always told me that, “Yeah, when it got paid off, it was closed." It’s a good thing because I don’t need those credit cards and I’ve learned to delegate a lot better with that. Cambridge was a great learning experience and if I ever find myself in that predicament again, which I don’t foresee because I did learn a lot through it, I would definitely use Cambridge again. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I had legal debt and I was referred to Cambridge Credit Counseling. I had two different credit card companies that were charging me 15% interest rate. Cambridge got involved and they reduced it to 4% which I was unable to do by dealing directly with the credit card companies. The payment plan was fine. It was automatic payments from my retirement payment. In fact, a very nice lady called me the other day and congratulated me on paying off the last one. My experience with Cambridge Credit Counseling to pay off legal fees has been smooth sailing for the last four or five years. They helped me a lot. They did a good job for me and I'm sure they'd do a good job too to whoever I'm recommending it to. The list of payments they sent me was very well done, very professional. They're a very good company and I enjoyed their services. I've been very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Cambridge Credit Counseling was the best solution that I found to get out of credit card debt in a reasonable amount of time. They would be a good partner in getting your financial health back. I had a lot of unmanageable debt and couldn’t make my minimum payments anymore. My mom had worked with them with her debt and so I reached out to them myself. The enrollment process was easy and I remember they made me feel taken care of and I could deal with the difficulties I was facing. They gave me a game plan for getting out of debt and made it automatic for that. There was no wiggle room for me to cut corners or not pay as much as I needed to, to get out.

Furthermore, their counselors contacted me regularly through the first year to check that everything was going okay and that I can still manage my payments. They also gave financial advice to make sure I was using the rest of my money responsibly and that I was adjusting to not using credit cards. In closing, I couldn’t have done it on my own. Even the fee was totally fine, which was $25 a month. It's nothing compared to what I was paying. Five years later, I don’t have any credit card debt. It all worked out. I’m really happy with Cambridge.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I was working with a company and they referred me to Cambridge. They brought my percentage down and I've completed the program. At the beginning when I applied, the guy that helped me out was very helpful. It was very easy. Everything was set up, but I still get my emails every month. Cambridge helped me get rid of that debt. So if you want to get rid of your debt faster and not too much interest rate go to Cambridge. They give you better advice on what you have to do.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I needed to get some bills paid and went with Cambridge for the payment of my account. The enrollment process was easy. They set up a payment, I paid for it and it was all electronically done. I paid off my account and I would use Cambridge again.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I got a debt management program with Cambridge Credit Counseling services. The enrollment process seemed fairly easy two and a half years ago because if it would have been difficult, I would have backed out of it. They were the easiest to navigate and to get in touch with. I was able to pay off the credit cards that I needed to pay off. The interactions I had with their counselor were all very positive. They answered all of my questions and they helped calm any anxiety I had about going into debt management.

When they worked on my payment plan, they took an inventory of my income and all of the costs that I needed to pay off. We talked about what was required in terms of getting paid off in the time that was allowed or what I needed to do. They let me know that I had options and I remember realizing that paying that amount in that amount of time would be to my advantage over not going into a debt management program because then I would still be paying almost the same credit cards for the next 20 years and still not having paid off. The counselor explained that to me and how it all worked and how I have reduced the interest rate.

Working with Cambridge felt like 10 horses off my shoulder. It feels great to be out of debt and not to owe that much money. Their process isn’t the best in terms of tearing down on which to purchase and getting the budget under control, but it's worth it. They were helpful with that. They would send newsletters and they also offered to do the financial check-up to make sure I'm on track to do what I needed to do. I liked that follow up and support.

If somebody is going into a debt management program, I would definitely recommend to go and try to navigate Cambridge before going anywhere else because they seemed to be user-friendly since they were a smaller outfit. They seemed more personable, and every time I call, I would get the same individual. It was important for me in terms of continuity in service that somebody understood me. They might not know me personally, but they had something as to who I am and what my needs were.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My brother used Cambridge Credit Counseling before and since I had a bunch of debt that had to be paid through, Cambridge seemed like the best. They combined all my credit cards and were able to drop the interest rates. I spoke to the Cambridge counselor twice and after we set the account up, that was it. The cost was good and it was easy to pay everything off. I'd recommend Cambridge. It's worth looking into it.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

When we were overextending on our debt and all our credit cards are over the maximum, Cambridge was very accommodating and offered the best deal. The enrollment was all done over the phone. They explained it to me and then they sent me a form that I filled out, and they mailed me all the information. The process was very quick and easy. There were eight credit cards and they told me how they were gonna handle it and that was it. They paid off all the credit cards and we made one monthly bill for five years. Their service was excellent and I was very happy with it. We're done and we are in a better state than we were. It was a very pleasant and rewarding experience. I would highly recommend Cambridge.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

My wife lost her job and we fell upon hard times and bills piled up. I researched and Cambridge Credit Counseling seemed more legit than anybody else. I contacted them and they helped me set up a budgeting plan and it was very simple. Plus, the cost was more than sufficient and more than fair for the services I got. Any questions or problems I had, they were right there and they were willing to help over and above. They sent me all kinds of information all month long on any questions I had and they gave me all kinds of tools to help improve my skills on budgeting.

Now I got everything paid off which I’m pretty much excited about. This is the first time I’m actually banking money with some of the tools of the trade that Cambridge taught me and the information they put out there. They still send me stuff and I could call them now and they’re still there. I had a good experience with this company and I would recommend them to anybody if they got into a situation like I did.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I was tired of juggling my credit accounts and I wanted to get my debt under control. But I’m a big stickler about protecting my credit and also what companies were going to charge me to do it. I did research on a couple of companies and Cambridge had good ratings. With the way they went about things I thought they would be a good company. I paid them one payment per month instead of paying seven credit card bills. It helped my credit not to take a crash, because if I were to try to settle out all those credit cards by myself, I was going to let them all go and that’s just going to kill my credit. Cambridge helped me prevent that from happening. The credit counselors sent me monthly statements, which was good. If I asked for a payoff amount, they made sure they got that to me.

Furthermore, they also sent emails with little courses I could take, or little tips or things about how to keep my credit good. They also make sure I’m on track and don’t take too much new debt. I have two credit cards now, and that’s it. Considering they took care of all the paperwork, they charged me $35 a month which is not a ton to pay considering they take the burden off me. They worked with the credit company on my behalf and they pay them out every month. The charge is reasonable. Cambridge is a good company and I would recommend them to other people.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I was way behind on my credit cards and I wanted to get out of debt. I talked to Cambridge and they told me that they could consolidate my debts and that I'd have it paid off in a couple of years, which sounded good. I felt very comfortable working with them. Whenever I talked to them, everybody was personable. Also, the payment plan they set up for me was perfect. They set it up in a way that I was able to get it paid off and at the same time, I wasn't going to go broke doing it. I have finished the program and it's gotten me straightened around where I'm not in debt now. My life has been the best that it's been in a few years.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I was trying for a consolidation loan through LendingTree and I didn’t get the loan because of my debt-income ratio. So, they got me in touch with Dan from Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp and he started me up. He told me what it would be like to get my credit cards in order and what cards I wanna get rid of. He told me that once we started, they were gonna be cancelled and he worked with me on the monthly payment amount and he tried to get them down as good as he could.

The representative was very easy to get a hold of. He gave me his extension number and I could call him any time and he was very reasonable and helpful. The cost was only $26 a month for his fee and then the rest of it was all just paying the cards off with. It was all under $300 a month and I didn’t have to bust my back trying to live and then do that at the same time. I was happy with the process and working with Cambridge wisened me up a little bit about credit cards. I started back in 2015 and they're all paid in full now and it's a little easier to get stuff now.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I was looking around at the reviews and the ratings of debt consolidation companies and Cambridge Credit Counseling seemed to be the best. Everything has worked out great with their program. It consolidated my debts. I was able to keep to the schedule and I'm now done with the program. The counselor that I worked with was fine. He gave me calls and emails, and he reviewed everything with me. He kept me up-to-date with everything that was going on and gave me good advice. Also, the cost of the service was good and definitely fair for the service that I received. Working with Cambridge bettered my life and made me a little more knowledgeable about handling my money and my debts.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We began with Cambridge earlier, but through a misunderstanding, we had to begin again. The counselor we were assigned to was really easy to work with, quick, friendly, with good follow-through until we were all set up. The budget was better than I had hoped, and less than the original amount. We are very happy to see things in better order now, looking forward to being debt free, and the control a budget gives is really stress reducing! I know I can get all the help we need to make permanent changes, to have more money at the end of the month, instead of the other way around. We are committed to being out of debt, with money as a tool, instead of the lack of it being the rule! We are really glad we are going with Cambridge, and highly recommend them to you!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Four years ago, like so many people, we found that the debt that we had accumulated on credit cards, was more than we could handle. Every month was a struggle. We considered ourselves to be responsible, hard-working people, how could this have happened to us? We heard Clark Howard talking about CCC on his radio program when one of the callers asked about credit card debt. In desperation, we decided to just call to see if they were worth considering as a means to get our finances under control.

We are so glad we made that call! This month we made the last payment, on the last credit card we enrolled in the program. The staff was supportive, encouraging, and professional. We never felt like we were being judged for letting our finances get so out of control. As of today, we have only our mortgage to pay off. What a wonderful feeling! I would recommend Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. to anyone who wants to regain control of their finances. They will be there to help, all through the process.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I had a significant amount of debt that and needed to get a payment structure in place so that I could work towards the goal of getting them all paid off. And since I've worked with Cambridge in the past, I decided to use them again. I signed up for a program where they negotiated and collected the payments and distributed them to the creditors. I've worked with Cambridge's fantastic and supportive reps who asked a lot of really good questions. There were some who looked at my creditors or balances, came up with a plan and presented it to me. They wanted to make the payment plan something realistic and we mutually agreed that we were gonna be very aggressive, given what my goals were. They were very honest about the level of commitment that I would need to make and changes that I would need to make in order hit those goals.

Then once the plan was put in place, that person went away and I didn’t get to speak to him again throughout the entire program. The plan was difficult but it was exactly what I wanted to do. It was a very good program. And they did a good job of structuring it and setting me up for success. I have already finished the program and I'm happy to be debt-free.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I had some credit card debt and I wanted it to be gone. I researched Cambridge Credit Counseling on the internet and I liked what they said, so I decided to go with them. I liked the enrollment process. I had a guy talk to me and set everything up. They helped me a lot and they set up a plan for me. We went from there and the money came out every month. I didn't have to worry about it and they were all paid off. The counselors listened to what I had to say and they worked with me in my budget and the amount that I had coming in at the time. They made it so that I could get everything paid off and still be able to live comfortably.

My house is completely paid off and I am credit card debt free. I really liked the program because it came automatically out of my checking account and it lowered my interest rates. And within five years, everything was paid off. I felt really comfortable working with the team at Cambridge. They got back right away if I had a question or a concern and they sent me monthly statements. The cost was good. I paid a little membership fee every month, but I didn't mind paying for it. I would go with them again if anything happens and I would recommend them to anybody to go through them. Five years may seem like a long time, but in the end, I still got good results. One of my friends told me that a lot of people don't complete it if they go for five years, but I said that I'll complete it. I always made my credit cards payments, but I could never beat the interest charge. I felt like I was just giving them money and it was spinning my wheels and wasn't going anywhere.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I was looking for a company that has a good reputation and I wanted to know if Cambridge Credit Counseling would be able to help me out. At that time, three years ago, I was having too many balances from credit cards, so I looked them up online. I signed up with their program and I provided them with the balances on the accounts that I had. They told me how long it would take me to pay those balances. Also, they gave an estimate of three years for me to complete the program, but it took me three and a half years to finish it. Now that I’m done with the program, I feel relieved that I don’t have to have the money taken out of my account anymore and I have extra money.

The rep was very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with, and he helped me understand some of the information. Cambridge kept providing me monthly updates with information and the statements via email, so I didn’t have to call them. But when I did, they were very friendly and helpful. They were very good in working with their customers and the cost for their service was really good.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The enrollment process at Cambridge Credit Counseling was wonderful. The person I talked to was really generous and talked to me through the entire process. I’ve never had a problem with them for four and a half years I was with them. I’ve talked to quite a few people throughout the process and everyone has always been amazing. They talked to the companies for me and they made something that worked for me so it was perfect. For the price, their service was great. It wasn’t too high where I can’t make the payment and pay them as well. I was in a lot of trouble before but I already paid my final payment so I’m done and things are great. I recommend Cambridge.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Cambridge Credit was great. My credit rating has went down some. They set the program up and I just kept paying. It was so good. When we had the hurricane I called and told them when I realized that Puerto Rico had shut down and we shut down. I made my deposit and it didn’t go anywhere. We couldn’t get any money. The ATMs and the banks weren’t open. We had a category two category 5 hurricanes. We were tore up and they were really, really good. Once I called them and I told them the situation, they gave me a couple of days for the bank to fully process and send the payment in and I was good. In a crisis like that, Cambridge worked with me.

They also made the cost affordable for me. I also liked the way they set it up where if in case I wanted to pay a little bit more into one of my accounts, I could do that. That was really awesome because once I got out of the rocks, I started to have extra money and I started paying bank amortizing. When I started paying a little $50k it helped to bring the balance down. All I have now is two other credit cards that they didn’t take and that’s good because now I’m able to pay more money on them.

I like that every month I got a statement from them letting me know what was paid. They were upfront and honest. I didn’t have to call them to ask what my balance was and what was going on. They made it very clear by their communication where I was at. I was telling my friend about it and I hope she calls them and try to get her bills paid up because I, too, underwent that. I told her that was what I did and it helped me. Cambridge helps you to manage your money. I was trying to help my nephews and my niece go to college and then I was spending up more than what I have and as the economy got bad then my part-time job didn’t really help that much so I got in a bind but I’m out of it now. I’m glad and I thank Cambridge. I didn’t realize that I was almost in the end till I got a call and the guy said, “Would you know in your July payment you only owe us $6.” And I was like, “$6.”I cried. I was like, “Are you serious?” I can’t believe I got to the end.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I had to use credit cards when I was laid off for two years and I incurred a lot of debt. I tried to get it under control and with everything else I was faced with, it was just too much to keep track of everything. I needed a lot of debt combined and I wanted somebody reputable. Cambridge Credit Counseling was recommended as such, then I talked to their rep at the beginning when things were getting set up. But after we got the program all set up, it was a done deal. I knew what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. One time, I had a question so I sent an email and Cambridge was able to get back to me the next day. The amount of money that was coming out was quite hefty and now it's like I've got a giant raise. Cambridge simplified matters greatly and that was a big reward. I'm done with the program now and Cambridge got me out of debt without having to worry about each bill that was in the system.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I had some doctor bills and I sent it over to somebody because I was having problems. I heard about Cambridge on TV and picked them up. When I first started with them, it was a small amount that they charged me. And as I grew with them, I had to keep on adding bills and they accepted them. I loved that about them. They took patience with me and they were very courteous. They asked me what debts I had and if I had to add more to it, they told me to call them and give them my account numbers on all of them.

They went through my account and told me exactly how much I'd be paying. I told them that I could afford it and that was how we settled everything to my account when I was working. I'm not working now, so they didn't put a large amount on me to make the payments and I was comfortable with it. Then, when I had a concern, it didn't take very long for them to get back to me. They did everything perfectly and got me out of my mess. If I had to have something else, I would come right back to them.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I asked around and there were a lot of places that promised one thing and didn’t deliver. But Cambridge got a good rep, so I went with them. Enrolling with them was quite easy and everything was explained well. Every now and then, something would get sent out as far as advising me to do this or that, but I already knew what the goal was. It was to spend as little money as possible and not use my credit cards.

The program worked like a charm for me. It was a very basic and straight-ahead program and there wasn’t too much intrusion. Things went well and that was the good part of it. It lasted for four years and I got used to the money not being in my paycheck anymore. It was simple. The amount of $445 was taken right out of my account according to the payment schedule. A lot of my debts were essentially late-life student loan debts because I had been using credit cards to go back to get a master’s degree, which was very dumb. But I paid it all off and now I’m debt-free in almost everything. The cost of their service was also reasonable. I was happy with Cambridge and I recommended to a couple of people.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Cambridge Credit Counseling was established in 1996 and works to provide credit counseling, debt management programs and financial literacy education to clients across America. It is a non-profit company and specializes in credit, housing, reverse mortgage and bankruptcy counseling and debt reduction services.

• Free credit counseling: Non-profit Cambridge Credit Counseling offers free credit counseling by nationally certified debt experts to consumers who need to find ways to get out of debt.

• Services: Cambridge Credit Counseling offers a variety of counseling services covering topics such as credit cards, housing, reverse mortgages, foreclosures, bankruptcy and overall financial education.

• Expertise: Company counselors have, on average, 13 years of experience and hold national certifications through the Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education, the Partnership for Financial Education, NeighborWorks and the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.

• Credentials: Cambridge Credit Counseling is a 501(c)(3) non-profit credit and housing counseling agency. Cambridge is an ISO 9001:2008 organization, which means its credentials are recognized worldwide.

• Best for: clients with excessive credit card debt, mortgage debt, student loan debt and individuals in need of credit counseling.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg