toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Hello Cierra, we're happy to hear about experience. It sounds like you hit the nail on the head. We hope that you take what you learned and use it to stay debt free! Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family, if you ever need our help feel free to give us a call!

Original review: May 9, 2017

I was in too much debt. Even though I was making payments every month, the payments weren't really going down because the interest rate was too high. Somebody had recommended Cambridge to me. During the enrollment I had to send them my account number and they did the rest. I don't remember it being anything too lengthy. I got them for consolidation. They talk to some of the credit cards and they agree to lower the interest rate. Then Cambridge just gave me a number of how much it would be a month.

After the initial set up they sent me some paperwork like how to budget and things of that nature. The good thing was just to have the one payment. Because of it, there was never a way to miss paying a credit card or anything, and it came directly out of the account. Then they would distribute that to the credit cards. Every month they would send an email to show me how they distributed the funds to different accounts. Cambridge helped me get out of debt. I was pleased, and I recommended them to some people. It was a good experience. And I felt in the beginning they tried to make sure that I didn't get back in that predicament again. I didn't feel overwhelmed like when I had people calling me all the time. It feels good.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Jason, thank you very much for reviewing our services. Your experience is our ideal representation of customer satisfaction. We strive to make our clients feel comfortable and informed throughout the entire process. Don't forget to pat yourself on the back because you did all the hard work! You stuck to our program and applied what you learned. You certainly have the tools to stay out of debt, but if you ever need us, please give us a call! It was a pleasure working with you.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Cambridge was fantastic from the first time we talked to them. We had a high amount of credit card debt and they were able to work with a number of the lenders to reduce the interest rate and get us a plan where we could get everything under control and pay off. They told us from the beginning what to expect and what the timeframe was in which we would have things paid off and they were true to their words. Since that time that we had $48,000 in credit card debt, it was paid off. Paying off that debt has changed us off of the credit card although there is still one card that we still have. Our focus now is to pay that as quickly as possible with that lower interest rate. We do not want to make those mistakes again. We'll be buying everything with cash as much as we can. If you do the credit, live within your means.

There was only one credit card that they couldn’t take care of, though. Apparently, the interest rate wasn’t to the level where they thought they could change or do anything. It's not high enough for them to be able to really make much difference. Also, we thought we had a full payment left, which was somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,200. I called Cambridge recently as I wanted to get a final payout. I thought it was going to be in this upcoming June. The woman I talked to told me that everything had been paid off except for one. They were going to be making a partial payment of $488 to our last credit card lender.

At that time, she told me that we would be receiving a call. Throughout the month, the interest rate either changes or there's something. They wanted to make sure that they give us the exact amount. They did that in three ways. They emailed our account and told us what the exact amount would be taken out and the date it would be taken out. They also called our home phone and other number and left us that message. Everything they said they would do, they did to the date and time that they said they would do it.

I was also impressed by the human aspect of their counselors. They were never condescending, were very honest, were upfront, and were enjoyable to talk to. It wasn’t a robocall and they had a very good interpersonal communication. That was a huge benefit. I was very comfortable working with them. It was initially through phone calls but it was later mostly through emails.

During the five years we were with them, our total phone calls we've talked to a person was probably 10 to 15. But each time we had the interaction, they were very professional and they seemed like they cared. They updated us and their rep was confident with it. Their interaction was within good reason. Overall, the cost in relation to the quality of their service was very beneficial and was very reasonable. I would highly recommend Cambridge to others. I'd tell others that we used them and they delivered the service that they told us they were going to deliver in the time that they told us. It was a worthwhile experience.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

That's awesome, Helen, thank you so much for reaching out to us. We understand that it can be difficult to reach out for help, so once we have someone on board we get the ball rolling! We hope that your daughter is having the same experience. It's great that you are taking what you learned and you're able to help your grandchildren with money that you were able to save. Again, a sincere congratulations on your new financial freedom!

Original review: April 12, 2017

I was trying to pay the bills but the interest rate was so high so I sought Cambridge's debt consolidation services. They told me about how much I would have to pay a month to get my bills paid and how long it would take. I filled out some paperwork and after I set it up, I could call them anytime I wanted to and ask them questions about how much longer I have to work with them. Now, I've been in it for about two years and I added more money out of pocket to help pay it all sooner. Their reps were very nice and we worked well together. They also kept me up to date every month. They would send me how much money was being paid on the bills. Cambridge helped a whole lot and I felt comfortable with them.

What impressed me the most was when I first started in the program, they were really eager to help me, to get this thing started. When I would get my bills from the creditor, they were paying the bills like they said they would. I could see my bills coming down and that was encouragement. Also, the program was inexpensive compared to what I got out of it in the end. I was in debt and I wanted the bills paid off. I didn't want to get too far more into it in trying to pay the interest and they helped me a lot. They were taking $20 a month out for themselves but compared to what they helped me with, that was minimum to me. What I also loved about it is that the payment was being taken out automatically, so I didn't have to be sending a different one for the payment.

I had it for about four years and I got my bills paid off. I have also received the certificate that I had paid off my bills. I have talked with somebody and they've congratulated me also. So I'm out of debt now since I went that route. Working with them has impacted my life to the extent that I don't want that kind of debt anymore again. It's a freedom. In fact, I was so impressed that my daughter also went into it. So now, she's trying to get her bills paid off. I also have a granddaughter and a grandson in school and now I could help them a little bit without using credit cards. I will recommend them to friends and tell them to give Cambridge a chance for peace of mind's sake.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed help when I had many credit cards to pay and a lot of them had to be paid at the same time and the total is coming to a big amount. My employers at that time recommended Cambridge Credit and my son had also participated with them and he said he was having a good experience, so I went with them. They consolidated all my credit card payments and contacted the credit card companies. They got the interest rates substantially reduced in many cases and I have to just pay them one monthly payment and be able to take care of the rest and it was very affordable.

I've already finished with Cambridge but I had been with them for four years. At the beginning, all I had to do was to make a phone call and they had a phone interview with me and got all the particulars. I have all the credit cards that I was logged in, listed out and they took them down and then they contacted the companies and they came up with an amount that they can distribute to the various credit card companies and make the payment and they gave me an affordable amount that I should pay every month. And I made arrangements for them to deduct it from my pay from my bank account each month and it went off from there.

Chris was the main guy who takes with my case and he was very good and gave me good advice. He gave me a statement each month as to how much they were paying for each company. And every now and then, I would ask him for what the balances are like and he would give me a statement of what the balances were left from each card and it seemed very encouraging and I kept it on. They were very professional. They even referred me to other programs that Cambridge Credit had on credit counseling and how to improve your credit but I really didn’t go into depth on those courses because Cambridge was looking after my problem. I had a very useful communication with them and whenever I needed any details, I would send them an email and he would give me more information.

The only thing is I had to ask for a statement once in every six months so I know the outstanding balances on the credit cards, but that could have been helpful if they sent me a statement every month instead of having to call for it. But they send me a statement of how much was being paid each month. Cambridge Counseling came well recommended and from the start of my dealings with them, they were very professional and they gave me the confidence in them and I never had a problem after that. The customer support was excellent because whenever some of the cards which had lesser balances were paid off, they would advise me as to what card they were going to tackle next and gave me a chance to talk to them. When I didn’t, they went ahead and did it. They change the payments according to what cards had been paid off and they made it pretty simple and fast.

The services were $30 a month and I have saved quite a bit by the reduction of the interest rates on all of these credit cards. It more than paid for their cost and I didn’t have to check every month and pay any credit card bill separately. They were all looked after by Cambridge and the payments went on time. They drew it on the fixed day that they said they’d withdraw it from my bank account. So, considering all the services that they provided and now looking back when I'm debt-free with all those things paid off, it was fully worth the services and they were very professional and very useful for that fee.

The fact that those credit cards are paid has been a great relief. I've learned a lesson and I don’t easily go for credit cards anymore unless it's very essential. I have two very cheap credit cards and they're all I use. It made a change in my financial future and I retired one and a half years ago. And I started the program while I was still working and I continued it one year into my retirement and it's all done and I can see my credit score beginning to grow.

I totally support Cambridge and recommend them to anybody who wants to use their services. They are professional, knowledgeable and they know what they are doing, so you can confidently go to them and lay your financial problems at their feet and they will help you. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and a very useful one. And I wish to say thank you to the people who dealt with my case. Sometimes I would suddenly make a phone call to check on something and maybe in my particular case the manager is not there, but somebody else would help me and they were very nice. Dealing with Cambridge Credit Counseling gave me the confidence that I was being looked after by an experienced and knowledgeable company and they did a good job and it's a relief right now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had too many credit card debts so I reviewed online, did my due diligence and saw that Cambridge was a viable option. I liked it when I talked to them so I went with their debt consolidation program. When I enrolled, I talked to a lady and gave her most of the information on the phone. We went from there then she sent me the contract to sign. It was very painless and in a matter of an hour with a few phone calls with her, we were rock 'n roll. The program helped me become debt-free. Now we only have our car and house payments as well as our utilities. It was a very good process and the reps were always there for support. I would definitely recommend Cambridge.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was concerned because of credit card debt and I couldn't pay all the bills at that time so I sought Cambridge Credit's help and they were a good choice. They consolidated all the cards and got one payment. We were successful and made it through. The enrollment process was through forms they sent then I signed the forms and sent it back and you're enrolled. Afterwards, you give them all the list of the credit cards and the account numbers. I'm done with it and it helped tremendously as far as being able to pay all the credit cards without going through a big depression because you were in so much debt.

What impressed me the most is that they show concern and they would text me and send emails up-to-date just to see how you were doing with the process. They will always ask if you had anything or if you knew anybody else who needed any help. Because I was going well with the program and they worked with me pretty well, I then referred my uncle to them. Their support is good and I've been impacted in a very positive way. I've received a high quality of service so I will recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was getting nowhere with my credit cards because of the high interest they were charging me and most of them is a bad thing to get with if you don’t really need them because it seems like you can buy things. You would’ve gotten along without it until you have the money and then it seems like once they're trying to get you and you could make a late payment, they jack that interest rate way up. You could never get your head above the water the way they do with you. Then, I went to my bank Huntington town about 10 miles from me here and I was talking to some lady that worked in there in her office. I was trying to get a loan of some kind to where I have cheaper rates and then make one payment of loan but as my credit rating was, they wouldn’t see that. Then she’d mentioned about Cambridge. She said she knows of others that had signed up with them that were really happy with it.

She gave me the phone number to Cambridge and when I got home, I got on the phone and the guy I talked to asked me different questions like how much I owe to the different credit places and how much I was paying them a month. He took it over from there and we got it worked out. It was in January when I started paying to Cambridge and they took care of my billing then.

Cambridge paid off my credit cards and they were good at that. They contacted the credit places and some of them weren't even charging me interest and some of them were really low interest which helps a lot. The thing was to get my payments made on time. I tried to do that as much as I can and if I couldn’t get it there quite on time, I'd call and they would always give me a good answer and time to get it in. In a later time, it went all pretty good there but sometimes, when you only got so much money coming in, it's hard to work everything out.

It's gone really well now and all of the credit cards are paid off now that I am with Cambridge. That’s one good thing that makes me feel good. I had one with my personal line of credit with Huntington Bank that I dropped from Cambridge because I can go right to the bank so, I make my payments to them and that takes care of that. I pay the same amount that I was paying and I'll soon have that paid off, too.

When I was talking to my counselor, we got everything worked out real good and he was very nice about it. Also, he was always friendly and pleasant about things. He carries on when you talk to him about anything and it was really comfortable working with him. It was really pleasant to work with them and I enjoyed talking with them because I know they were gonna be sensible about it.

Years ago, I would've never thought of buying a lot of stuff that I went through. The program made me really stop and think that I only had so much money, I had to make my payments and do without some other things. I was with Cambridge about five years and now, getting all these credit cards paid and every day getting letters in the mail from credit and lending places, they go right in the paper basket. It was worthwhile to get hooked up with them and I would suggest Cambridge to anybody that has problems. That’s the way to go to get bills paid up, consolidate debts if they can, get them paid off and quit doing all this extra spending. I was glad for Cambridge and I know that if I have bills, I'd go that route again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge was recommended as one of the companies to work with through my company. I know my company has good organizations for their employees to work with. And so, I used Cambridge for two different purposes. First, it was for debt consolidation and reduction of interest charges from credit card companies. They really helped apply balances or payments to reduce my debt and now, I’m debt-free on those credit cards. I also talked to one counselor about getting some advice on student loans to see if those could be reduced because I wanted to know what could be done with either federally insured or private loan groups. Moreover, I got very good referrals and I was able to take those loans and get them reduced and refinanced with another group. Therefore, I really value their expertise and recommendation.

I had exchanges of documents with my counselor. I also had step by step training over the telephone during which he answered my questions as well as became a resource for information that would be helpful to me. Eventually, I completed my debt reduction program and got a nice little certificate. While I thought it was school-ish, the way they interacted with me throughout the process was really nice and they would send questionnaires periodically just to check on my progress.

The other time I used them was when I needed to go through a program counseling for my mom. I had contacted a local group and thought that I’d use them but their service was horrible. I spent over $70 per fax because they said they had to have a fax of the document before they can begin. They never even called me to acknowledge that they got the fax. I left several messages on their group voicemail but no one returned my calls. Finally, I got the name of some other person. I left her a message and she was kind enough to call me the next day but she said she doesn’t work in that department. I was very upset for having to spend that much money and then never get any service.

I started looking on the pages of other groups that I could do the training from and I was very happy to see that Cambridge was also listed. I got wonderful service from them and I was able to get the training done very quickly. I was completely satisfied. Furthermore, their price was lower than that of counseling companies which offered training to me. Had I known that it was all via telephone and looked at all the names and saw Cambridge, I would’ve gone nowhere else. They are professionally run and employ people who can give service. It’s a service orientation and they know how to do that part very well.

Overall, Cambridge is competitive and they have a wide range of services. They work around their counselors to have good information. Cambridge’s service is of very high quality and they answer all the questions. I have no issues recommending them because I know that they have high standards. In fact, I would tell a friend to look at them first.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have a daughter that was diagnosed with cancer right as she was turning 13. I’m blessed to have a good job and have good insurance but the costs of the medical care combined with the costs of what I refer to as the secondary challenges of a chronic illness didn’t take long and we really were in significant debt and needed help. That’s what drove us to Cambridge.

It was a very efficient setup process. The information that they gathered and needed really went smoothly and like clockwork. Then, once enrolled in the program, it took care of itself. It was a box that got checked that I didn’t have to worry about. I’d watch the statements come in for what we had paid and from time to time we get a request to go on their website and take a look at their new materials related to evaluating our budget habits. Also, one or two times during the six years that we were enrolled, they made phone calls from people to touch base and ask how we are doing which was great because we were doing fine. Based on payment records, we’re doing fine and they touch base asking if everything is okay and it was. It wasn’t intrusive at all.

The program is phenomenal. They negotiated with our creditors and were able to renegotiate interest terms that let us pay all that off. We’re not the world’s best household budgeters but we’re fairly sophisticated at household budget management. We just had an incident that overwhelmed us. The other thing that was really nice about the program was we paid what we owed. They worked with us on a funding on the budget and ongoing, it’s been smooth. We talked about the ongoing medical expenses and what I refer to as the secondary expenses. By that, what I mean is that at the end of day of treatments or regular life or during periods when Kathy was really not well, I have no energy at the end of the day to cook a well nutritious meal. So some of the things we compensated, we early on ate out for more than we probably should have which was part of the problem.

When you’re in a hospital, you don’t necessarily have access to cooking facilities or a refrigerator. So those things are expensive beyond the medical cost. When they set up the budget, the budget was very manageable. They made it possible for us to get it all paid. We didn’t have to declare a bankruptcy. We made the people that lent us money whole. They didn’t give as much interest they originally had hoped for or would have liked but they got some. That was important to have and there was honor in that to have recovered the fall.

One piece that I wish would have come with the monthly statement was what I refer to as a progress report. In the monthly statements, it said how much money we received and we made payments to these three creditors. There was no way on the statement to go back and ask when did we start and where are we now to gauge the progress. I'd have to go back and look at the initial documents to see what was the total debt amount that they negotiated with the creditors for enrolling in the program and then add up what was still left. That’s how then I knew that since I’ve enrolled in the program, I’ve made $6,000 with the payments or $12,000 or $18,000 and I’d be done when I get to $36,000. Those benchmarks for how my brain works and maybe other people don’t want to know, but for me, that’s okay. We’re making progress and I can see it from the other direction in terms of what’s left.

Also, some of the tools of budgeting that they had were somewhat beneficial but more than anything else, they were a safety valve. The negotiated debt collection interest rate that they negotiated for us and then managed for us, stabilized us and I can’t tell you how grateful I am. It brings tears to my eyes because without their assistance, it would have looked a lot different I think for us. They were a gift.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge Credit Counseling was easy to work with. Enrollment went really smoothly with them, too. The gentleman who helped me got back to me right away via email and made me feel comfortable. He was really great. Furthermore, the charge of $15 a month was okay as they were able to decrease my interest rates. Working with Cambridge was good. I was able to focus on getting my debts paid off and saving money. So it helped really well. I've recommended them to a few people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was 18 and had a bunch of credit cards that I maxed out. I was looking to consolidate it into one payment and get it all taken care of, and my grandmother recommended Cambridge Credit as she had used them years ago. I told Cambridge about the debt that I had and whom it was with, and they just asked what the accounts were and how much was on it, then they pretty much took care of a lot of it. They asked what my income was at the time and then figured out the other bills that I was paying and what would be most affordable for me. It took me five years to pay it off, but it was definitely affordable, and I could call at any time to change the amount. I had to lower it one month 'cause I had a ticket to pay for and then I just bumped it back up the next month. I was really happy with how they worked with me on what I wanted to pay.

In addition, the interactions were always great. The reps were really friendly and quick to respond. I didn't have to wait on hold for too long ever. I had to change my email address one time and they were super easy about it. I just told them over the phone and I didn't have to do anything. It was really easy to work with them and I was very happy with my experience. I would definitely refer Cambridge Credit.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was referred to Cambridge by my daughter because I had a lot of credit cards that I needed to consolidate. The reps said all I had to do was submit so that's what I did. They gave me one amount and I started paying. It took a little bit of time but it helped me in the long run. They were concerned and if I had a problem, I used to call and whoever answered helped me out. They got me out of my debt and I've learned more to control. Before I didn't know I was getting card after credit card. But I'm more cautious now 'cause I don't want to get into that kind of debt anymore. It has been a satisfactory experience overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a lot of growing debt and I was having a hard time paying it off. A family member referred Cambridge to me. They were very helpful, really thorough with explaining everything and how it would all work. They made the whole process easy and not stressful. However, the fees definitely hurt when you’re trying to get out of that situation and then you have the fees on top of it. And there were times that it was a little bit frustrating but they’re a business as well and they have to make some money somehow. But working with them helped me with my problems.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We sought Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. services to lower the interest rates so we can get them paid off sooner. Because I went through my employer and their employee assistance program, we were able to pay the services at a lower price than what they normally charge. So that helped us out too. They helped us with contacting our creditors and getting a lower interest rate so we were able to pay a month sooner. It still took a few years but we were able to get them paid off on a quicker basis than if we had just continued to pay them on our own. They would call every once in a while to make sure that the creditors were following with the program. They would have me send a copy of the statements to make sure that they're still charging us the correct interest rate on the payment and the correct payment, and to make sure that they were holding their end of the deal.

We were very comfortable and very satisfied. If there was ever anybody in the family or anyone that needed any kind of assistance, I would recommend them. They would send out printed newsletters and they had different programs. They offered different kinds of financial assistance, videos and such. We didn't because we were focused and we knew what we need to do. For some people, they have different kinds of budget to help you with your budget. They explain everything so you don't feel like you're overwhelmed with all different programs that they offer. They were very easy to work with, nothing complicated.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a buddy refer me to Cambridge Credit. It was the company he was using so I went ahead with them. Enrollment was really easy. I called them and they set me up with everything. The Cambridge counselor that I worked with always returned calls and emails promptly, too. I was really comfortable working with her. They helped me with everything I ever needed.

My payment plan was one lump sum coming out of my checking account each month and that made it easy for me. And all the credit cards that I had, they’ve consolidated them all and made it easy for me to pay. They talked to me and said, “How much can you afford?” The program helped me catch up with all my money problems. Now, I’m making money instead of having to pay a bunch of money back. Cambridge Credit is doing everything right. The way they treated me, they should treat everybody like that. I would definitely refer a friend to Cambridge if they need anybody to help them with consolidated debt. It was a very satisfying experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a lot of debts. My son-in-law recommended Cambridge Credit so I called them and they set me up for debt consolidation. They simply sent me emails and hardly ever talked to them. They did what they said they were going to do and I participated on my end, so they got the debts paid off. They were professional and I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge consolidated all my credit card debt and worked out a payment arrangement with the companies and helped get it taken care of. We did an automatic draft every month and they took care of it. I went online and looked at what’s been paid. If I needed information, I call them up and they give me whatever information I needed. I was comfortable working with them and they helped me pay off my debt. At this point, we’re done. My experience with them was good overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a ton of credit card debt. It was $18,000 left and I was going through a divorce at that time. I needed to consolidate and so I did some research and found about Cambridge Credit Counseling. They seemed more credible and legitimate than the other places. I spent about 40 minutes on the phone with a credit counselor. She talked me through the program, asked me questions such as my spending habit and how I got the debt in the first places. I liked her and I trusted her. Once you get past her, she enrolls you. She does everything, tells you what's up, and then you become a customer. When you have questions, you just call a certain number. Every single time I've called, every counselor was awesome. They were knowledgeable about the program. It was probably four years ago now and I just finished some of that.

I have two kids in college and my payment with Cambridge was $470 every month. I needed to cut it down so I can send more for my kids and Cambridge made it easy for me. They required me to come out of the system. I had the payment directly taken out of my bank account. I was so close to being done with my debt. I can do this for four or five months and then get back on track and pay it off. I had to send them a money order and not a check. I couldn't do it with a debit card at the time the payment was due.

They'd send me a reminder to settle things and I also got notifications that I paid. I've called once because I forgot to pay and was a couple of days late. They told me not to worry and they'd take care of it. I almost wished it was one person that I could thank but the whole company was great. If someone were in the position that I was in, they definitely should give Cambridge a call. The phone call I made to them was worth it because they truly helped me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was overwhelmed with too many debts. I had so many bills I had to pay and I couldn't keep track of it all. Then Cambridge was recommended to me through my job at Kaiser. Somebody from Cambridge went in and negotiated the interest rate down to zero and they would collect a lump sum and pay my bills for me. They just did an automatic withdraw every month and then I would get electronic statements showing what they paid and where the money went. The counselor got it set-up and every month they would send me emails and occasionally call to check how we're doing. Towards the end, she wanted to see if there were any other credits I wanted to enroll. She's very helpful. They understood where I was coming from, the stress that I had and how much it alleviated by them taking on taking care of and paying those bills for me.

I would recommend it to anyone. My sister-in-law was looking into it and the fees at that other company she looked at was not acceptable. Whereas, Cambridge only charges $15 a month for their fee which is a really good price for them to take care of all of that debt for you. Cambridge really helped me get on track. It was the best thing that happened to us. I didn't have to file bankruptcy and I got my bills paid.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to consolidate my credit cards and they were becoming a little overwhelming. My credit cards gave me the number to Cambridge Credit Counseling. They took all my credit card information and did a budget. They called the creditors, worked out a monthly payment with each of them, deducted the money from my account and sent me a statement every month. I already finished the credit card consolidation program so it definitely worked out for me 100%. It has brought my credit rating score to over 700. It was a very simple process and the best experience I ever had.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a debt I wanted to get rid of and my friend who used Cambridge before recommended them so I went with them. They’re formal, nice and professional. They were also organized, easy to work with and worth the time. I have no complaint. The counselors were there if I needed help. They would reach out and ask questions and offer their assistance if I need it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had some credit cards, and I knew with the interest rate on them, I could never get paid down in time. Cambridge is the first thing I heard about from another person that has been using them. The guy that handled my account was on it as soon as I got him all of my information. It didn't take very long. My counselor was always awesome. Then I got updated emails for my e-statement and a newsletter. The only time I ever called them was to get my balance. I was still getting my e-statements from the credit card company so I was using those as balances. Whenever I wanted to pay them all, I called Cambridge and said that I had to pay off, and they got me the correct balances.

It was a minimum payment that I was paying. Then, I got the statement saying that, "You can drop your bill this much and pay this minimum." I like the fact that my payments didn't change and it was like Cambridge doubled my payment each month by keeping the old balance. I was able to pay things off faster. I've completed the program and it has helped me to learn never to get another credit card. I also read the newsletters that they sent out and now I know better how to arrange my bills. The service was good and worth the cost. Cambridge helped me pay all my debt faster than what I probably could have done on my own. I would tell friends to use them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were eyeballs deep in debt and were looking for a credit counseling program that was in our area. We are in Southern New Hampshire and Cambridge isn't too far away. I had done a couple of Google searches, they popped up and they seem close. I've read some of the online write ups on them and they look really good so we went with them. It was so great was that from start to finish, we always felt very safe. Their counselor was very good, friendly and thorough. He helped us to get over any of our anxieties over what we are getting into and did a fantastic job. That's what stood out the best for us. We felt like we were talking to people, not just to a company. It was a beautiful experience overall and now the best thing is to be debt free.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everything was good with my Cambridge experience. The counselor was good as was the cost in relation to the quality of service I received. They closed two accounts and I was paying monthly on both. Then everything was paid off. It really worked out for me and I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was with Cambridge for many, many years. There was a moment that I stepped away and then returned back to add on something. I never was one to have a lot of debt and my debt was only a couple of thousand dollars but due to financial hardship, Cambridge was something that met within my means where I was able to budget accordingly and had really good time management-wise. Cambridge had done all the depositions out. It ends up being a really good experience that I actually referred other people to the company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had some high-interest rate credit cards, so I looked at consolidating and paying off. An ad for Cambridge popped up on my computer one day so I read it and then I did a little bit more research into them. I called them and told them my situation and they were super nice. The enrollment was really simple. I did an application, submitted it online and they set everything up. I gave them a list of the credit cards that I had and what the balance was. They told me what they could do and asked me if it was doable for me and if I could afford it. Then, they called the credit card companies and negotiated to where I had zero interest. Everything that I paid to those credit cards every month went straight to the principal. When one got paid off, they took that payment and just applied it to the next one. It was great.

Also, if there was ever any question that I had, I could just call them and they were able to help me with what I needed with whatever was going on. They sent me monthly little tidbits online and then they would call me quarterly to check on my progress, see how things were going, if there was anything else I needed help with and was there anything else they could do. They were really knowledgeable and I'm impressed by their knowledge. There wasn’t any judgment, just their willingness to help and make sure that I was okay - like holding my hand and walking me through step by step. The cost was minimal compared to the peace of mind and not having that pressure every month. For the services that I got, the $42 fee every month was very reasonable.

I've completed the program and I'm out of debt except for my house and my car. I don’t have those credit cards looming over my head every month and getting a call from the credit card companies about late payments. It accomplished my goal of what I wanted to achieve. With Cambridge's little monthly counseling education pamphlets that they gave me, it helped me really get a firmer grasp of my finances and how to handle things. They were absolutely wonderful. It was so nice to not have to make the payment and it was withdrawn from my checking account every month. They took all of the pressure of making sure I was on time off of me and that was really a huge relief.

Several months ago, my brother asked me about Cambridge and how it worked. I told him that for me, it was the right program and that the best advice I can give him is their number. They can explain and design a program that fits for you. I would definitely recommend it to anybody that's in the situation that I was in. It was so easy and I kicked myself for taking so long in doing something like this. It was a great and awesome experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Cambridge somewhere and said, "I'm gonna try this." Working with them has been very good and the cost in relation to the quality of the service that I got was excellent. The enrollment process was easy and my counselor was good and very professional. Everything went real nice with Cambridge.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Thank you Michael for taking the time to give us this thorough review. You truly had the ideal experience. You did an excellent job of keeping your nose to the grindstone and sticking to your payment plan. We wish you the best in eliminating your credit union debt! You've got the tools to become debt free, and to stay debt free, but if you ever need any help please give us a call.

Original review: April 18, 2017

I wanted to consolidate my debt and pay it down and be done with it, and that’s exactly what Cambridge does for a very practical way and a very reasonable cost. I had no problem paying them their small fee because of the service that they provided. I certainly didn’t want to default on the debts and I really didn’t want to get into the position where lawyers would be involved. As I asked questions, their reps were very informative and explained that they negotiate with the credit card companies for a reduced rate, and that obviously knocks away the interest and so I can pay down the principal much faster. They were great.

As I work with the people, and I came up with an aggressive monthly payment but something that I could swing, I was able to get rid of $28,000 of debt in four years which was huge, and I just kept to it. I never broke week-to-week, or month-to-month. I did automatic payment, which they offer a small percentage break on and I disciplined myself to make sure that the money was there. It was painful but we've got to crunch our budget and eventually make our budget work for us instead of being a slave to it. I have learned my lesson now. When my appliance breaks or furniture needs to be replaced, I financed a lot of the stuff with credit cards which is not good and I wanted to get out of it as fast as possible, and I'm making my way through.

Once I negotiated the whole thing and got all my questions answered and got it in place, I hardly had to interact with them at all. They did a follow up a year afterward and they sent a newsletter. Their communication was clear and their documentation was good. They took care of everything I possibly could consolidate apart from my credit union, which doesn’t do any kind of reduction on the interest rate. They tackled everything that they could possibly tackle and now that I'm done with that, I'm on to my credit union and knocking off that credit card debt.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Many thanks, Tim **, for you and your company taking me on as a client. I had done my own due diligence re you folks, and you are most well thought of in Georgia and the country. BBB gives Cambridge an A+ rating. I went on instinct, too, and your voice is kind and your answers were correct, direct, and I was impressed.

In looking over one page that was sort of my bio, I was amazed at the job you did in putting together who I was, the reasons I needed your company's help, and where I was in managing my debts. Your answers were right-on and they came from a phone call! Later I shared with you that I was a recent widow. You expressed your condolences and added my being a widow to the list of reasons I needed help. In fact, some creditors were taking advantage of my loss. Well, I'd tried as hard as I could to become debt-free without success. I am so grateful to you, Tim **, and Cambridge, for going to bat for me. I sincerely recommend you and Cambridge to anyone who wants to avoid further creditor nightmares. You people know what you are doing and you truly care about your clients.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a credit card debt and somebody referred me to Cambridge. Everything was great. Working with the credit counselor was easy, they walked me through and talked about what all I had and what I needed to do. Cambridge made it easier to not have to worry about my debt and relative to the quality of their services, the cost was good.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Hello Larry, thanks for reaching out to us. It's great to hear that you benefited from our financial education. Credit cards are certainly tricky; it seems like no one ever talks about debt until we're knee-deep in it. Thank you for saying that you will recommend our services if the situation ever arises. We wish you the best!

Original review: April 9, 2017

I had a lot of debt and secured credit. I wanted to do something about it, so I decided to contact Cambridge. Their team was very friendly and helpful. They were also very knowledgeable and answered questions quickly if I needed something. Working with them has gotten me out of debt with credit companies. Other than that, I learned a lesson about credit cards. Cambridge is a godsend. I had a life-changing experience with them and I'll never be in that situation again. If I know someone that is, I would definitely recommend them. With Cambridge, you don't have to stress or worry about your debt.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge was one of the two companies that I looked into and we just went with them. It was something that I needed to have done as soon as possible. I was in a hurry and needed something to try to help me manage my debt. We had a lot of credit cards at that time we took out trying to compensate for a lot of things. So a lot of the credit cards started out with not a large amount. Then I got behind them and they wouldn’t increase it and then it caused us to get another.

I appreciate them and they really helped me out in a really tight bind that I was in. They helped me to get it taken care of and they were really lenient on the payment. I’d also went to another establishment to pay for something else that I had to purchase and some of those credit cards I had with Cambridge. Cambridge was really helpful in working with that transaction to the part where it got my payment down to them. I thought they’d be mad, but they were very understanding. I thought it would be a complicated, ongoing thing. But it was a two-day transaction. It was complete and they called me with the new payment.

A lot of my interactions with them were done online. I didn’t receive any statements, which I had to go online for. But if there were actually any problems someone would take the time to call me on the phone. There weren’t that many problems though and it was not a problem contacting anyone. So I had learned my lesson with credit cards over that. It is better to have only one credit card that I keep a close tab on. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Robert, it's good to hear from you. Congratulations on completing our debt management program! It sounds like you have been right on track. Each of our departments works diligently to ensure that your questions and concerns are handled in a timely fashion. We certainly wish you the best, and remember that you can call us if you need anything.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Cambridge explained everything nicely and they did a great job the whole time I was with them. I started the program five years ago and I just finished it about three months ago. The counselor did everything he's supposed to do and contacted me appropriately. Everything went smoothly. They asked me what I could afford and I told them, and that's what they worked out. They provided consolidation and they lowered my interest rates. Then I wanted to request how much more I owed, and the customer support got right on it and contacted the company that I owed and got it all squared away immediately. They were very helpful. I had peace of mind getting all my bills paid off automatically and debited from my account. I knew that every month, so much is coming out of my account to pay off all my bills, and it worked out fine. It's excellent and it's the best that I could imagine. I really enjoyed working with them.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Profile