4.90/5
Based on 305 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members. We are approved to provide reverse mortgage (HECM) counseling by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs, we offer foreclosure intervention services to residents of MA and CT and provide bankruptcy related credit counseling services.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2018

1757 Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I was overextended and in a lot of debt. When I called and spoke with the guy at Cambridge, he seemed to be on the up and up. They were the opportunity to get control over my debts without filing bankruptcy. They were able to consolidate all of my bills into one payment and negotiate the interest of my creditors while I was on the credit reduction plan. I was able to have a working amount of capital to live off of each month. The most difficult part of it all was getting all the account numbers, addresses and contact information for each and every creditor, because I had multiple cards. But the enrollment process was pretty simple. Early on, there was some difference in some of the creditors with their due dates versus my Cambridge due date. So we had to do some tweaking where I had to pay one of the creditors a month in advance so that the due date didn’t fall behind every month. But it was all pretty seamless.

$24 was the amount that went to Cambridge every month, but that cost was minuscule compared to what I received in service. Working with them made it that much easier to have disposable income, to not be stressing, to not cringe every time the phone rings ‘cause you’re wondering which bill collector is yelling and screaming on the other end of the line, or not being afraid to go to the mailbox. So, it’s a better way to live.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I sought debt consolidation with Cambridge Credit Counseling. After the phone conversation, they were the friendliest. The person I’ve spoken to assured me that after the first three on-time payment with them, it would increase my credit score, and basically wipe off the bad debt which I did see that it happened. The initial conversation and how that went really kept me with them.

Enrollment was all over the phone. They took care of all that so they asked me a bunch of lifestyle questions, such as where is my money going and what do I like, and what I don’t like. So, that way when we came up with a payment it wouldn’t be a sacrifice. I wouldn’t be sacrificing going shopping or going out to eat, or whatever to make these monthly payments. We then came up with a payment that was doable every month, and they just walk me through all that, and we did the automatic deductible every month. The cost is fine and they take out $10 for my payment. They attached it to the total number of payments and I that is fine. Cambridge gives me a peace of mind. I’ve already recommended two or three people over to them. If people are looking into consolidating any type of debt or student loans or what have you, I just always go straight to referring them to Cambridge.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I was looking for help in my financials and somebody mentioned Cambridge Credit Counseling. I got them and a counselor called me and I explained my situation and what I wanted. And they helped me close the account and they made an affordable payment plan for five years. We did the last payment in December and we closed in January. My experience with them was excellent.

The counselor kept in constant communication with me, asking me if everything was okay, if I needed to do any change, improvement, and if it was still possible to continue with the program as scheduled. I didn’t have major changes like loss of work, but I appreciated that he was more helpful and always available. He was very kind, attentive, and supportive.

Our payment plan was good, especially because we were paying about the same amount each month, and for years, my balance did not go down. So, with the five-year plan, Cambridge managed to make a deal with the bank and close the credit card, put on a low interest rate, and make affordable payments, which was something I could manage. The money was withdrawn month after month, so I didn’t have to worry as long as I had the money in my bank.

Working with Cambridge gave me peace of mind. I’m planning retirement in a few years, and I cannot retire if I have debt. So, it was a major step because it was a $50,000 debt. We couldn’t really tackle it before for many years. We were sometimes paying twice as much monthly but the interest was compounding. We never saw it coming down. Cambridge helped me, and my wife and I have more confidence now and we live more relaxed. We still have debts and trouble sometimes with some utility bill, but getting used to paying every month helps us now to manage better all our debts and tackle them using the same pay pattern that we had.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I needed help paying my bills, getting it all done and keeping it on time. I was getting behind and I was overwhelmed. I had looked in town and couldn't find anybody locally, so I Googled it and Cambridge came up. They sounded really nice on the phone. They had a list of all my bills that I owed and they worked with the companies to get the interest rate down. And then, they told me how much each one would be paid each month and the total amount. I signed over something so that they would take that amount of money out of my checking account each month and then they used that to pay off the bills. So, I didn't have to worry about keeping up with which one was due.

I gave them the money and they paid the bills. I kept getting bills from the places as long as they were not completely paid off, but Cambridge kept them current and let me know when things were finished. I paid off about $26,000 worth of bills. What I didn't realize was how being with any consumer credit company was going to affect my credit rating. But part of my problem was it was too easy for me to get credit and to start owing more than I could really pay. Working with Cambridge kept me from doing that, and hopefully now that I've finished with it, it'll help. They were very good and I'm glad I did it.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

We used Cambridge once before and we were also recommended to use them from our tax accountant. Life happened and we had an issue with our house. We had two house payments in five years so things got a little crazy. My husband enrolled the first time and he took care of it. The second time, I enrolled and the decrease in aggravation was worth the dollar amount that I paid for the service fees. I've recommended them to friends too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I was very happy with Cambridge. When I enrolled, the guy I talked to was very informative and he gave me all the information I needed to know. Plus, my son had hooked up with them years early when he was having credit card problems, so he had already coached me on what was going to happen. Cambridge was able to call the credit card companies and get down the interest rates on them, and I was able to pay everything off. It cost me $50 a month and it was worth it. I didn’t have to file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. The only thing is every once in a while, they’d have a promotional thing to give away stuff, and it was kind of wasn’t up to snuff with me because I could never get in the program. I don’t have a computer and all I have is my phone, so it was kind of difficult. But otherwise, they did a nice job and I would recommend them to someone else.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I wanted to get caught up on some of my credit cards and Cambridge did an excellent job. They contacted all of the credit card vendors and compiled all of that so they were able to work out a situation with them. They took out my payment once a month until it all got paid off and I only had to think about that one monthly payment versus all of them individually.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

The enrollment process was very easy. At the very beginning, the Cambridge reps were very nice. They listened to the woes and explained how they'd help us out. With their knowledge, they made me feel at ease that I was not the only one in that position. They were great communicators and others just cannot beat the one-on-one that they give clients. They were terrific and I was very pleased.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I went into a consolidated debt repay program with Cambridge where they were able to reduce the interest on my credit cards. I provided payment to them and then they paid my credit card bills. In the beginning, there was a lot of interactions. I was concerned about the large payment because I had lost my job, but after I became employed, I didn’t have much contact with them other than I kept wondering when it was going to be over. I would call them and they'd be really good about calling me back and letting me know how much more I had to pay off and how the pay off date looked like.

The counselor was personable, friendly and understanding. We worked through email and they would reply back quickly. Also, their customer support is better than a lot of places these days. I like the fact that everybody that I talked to spoke English, and I got a person, not a computer. I felt very comfortable with them, and the fact that they were able to help me get my debt down within five years was worth the small cost that I had to pay. A few friends had financial difficulties as well, so with my experience and how well everything went for me, I recommended Cambridge to them.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I used Cambridge several years ago, and they seemed to be the best of the available products at that time. And then I needed to get out of my excessive credit card debt so I had to use Cambridge again. They asked me for the information and I provided it to them. And then they contacted the creditors and set up a plan and got back to me relatively quickly and we moved on. It went very well and we've completed the program. When we had any questions, they responded in an appropriate manner and answered my questions sufficiently. They took into consideration my other expenses and worked around that. The counselor was very courteous and understanding. I felt very comfortable working with Cambridge and I was very satisfied with their service. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I had so many credit cards open due to trying to get through college, being a mom and teaching. Having seven different payments on seven different days of the month was difficult. Being able to do one payment and then take care of the debt was really helpful. Cambridge worked with me on what was going to be best for me monthly and what they thought was going to help. Then I was able to add on to help decrease the debt faster so they were really flexible. The communication was always open too. I had contact with my counselor every few months just to check in and I did the statement every month to see if I had any questions.

Last month was my last payment and I've received a certification of completion. I also got a monthly statement of payments made since day one until the end of the program. Now, I don't have money coming out every month and it's savings now. I'm appreciative of the help and the guidance from Cambridge and I'm proud of the progress I've made.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I went with Cambridge Credit Counseling for the consolidation of my bills. I was looking at your rating online and I saw you had a good rating. When I called, I was connected to a counseling person. The ease of having just one payment worked for me. Although the automatic deduction was rough for four years having that tie. But knowing that I have a goal, I was just counting like how many more months I have left. December was the final payment and I only had like $200 left at that time. The enrollment was easy and straightforward. I text all my information and then if I had any concerns, like one time I said, “I am still short. I need a few days,” and they were helpful with that process. I may have asked a couple times if they could wait a couple days before doing this up and it was easy to talk to anybody. They were helpful.

The cost was 50$ a month, and they were able to lower down the interest which is a big thing for me. It was affordable compared to the higher interest that I will probably not be able to pay within that time frame. It was a relief that I was able to complete the program. I was just thinking I have like a second mortgage. I’m sending somebody in college, so that would be definitely helpful that I don’t have to think about with those high-interest debts. The application was easy and they were able to negotiate with the taxes to significantly decrease the interest. We have no problems or issues, and I would recommend them if somebody asks me.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I was under a great strain because of some things that had happened. Our oldest son was in a motorcycle wreck and he was in Intensive Care for a month, and we didn’t know if he was going to live or not. He quit breathing three times on the way to the hospital. And then my other son has Prinzmetal syndrome, and he’s still struggling. With all of that, I used my credit card to the limit. The Cambridge rep Philip was very helpful and kind. If somebody is helping you to do something, you hope they’ll cooperate with you, and he did that. Also, the cost was real cheap. I had $10,000 worth of debt and now I don’t have any. It's really saved my sanity. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

We were in a credit card consolidation program with Cambridge. When I was enrolling, I gave them all the information and all we had found about the credit cards and balances and account numbers. It was a simple process. The cost was very reasonable, too. The counselor I worked with was very good. He explained everything very well, and there weren’t any hitches. He got all information from what we owed, and came back and told us what our monthly payment would be and that they would draft it out of my account every month of the same day. It was smooth. With Cambridge's program, my debt is gone. We just got it paid off about a month ago. And it resulted in a lot less stress. I would definitely recommend Cambridge to anyone who is in the same situation we were in.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I preferred Cambridge over other companies for the experience of the personnel and the ability to get the payments to quite a substantial difference as far as what the percentage rates were in the program compared to paying them off individually. They were able to negotiate down on the it quite a bit and once agreed upon, they averaged out of the payments so it was manageable for us as far as on a monthly basis. We did a consolidated program for five years with monthly installments. There was a lot of email messages, but not too much one-on-one conversations as far as any updates throughout the length of the program. Still, there were email verifications as we reached certain pinnacles within the program so they stayed in touch.

There was a minimal fee that they charge for themselves and overall, it was a good experience. I would recommend it to anybody who would be in a similar situation. Call in and see what could be adapted to your needs. They take an overview assessment of everything that you have and that’s really the biggest part of the program, either you’re all in or you’re not. It may not be right for everybody but, for me, it was what I needed. What I took out of it was my ability to pay the debt off myself as compared to them getting it negotiated down and having a five-year plan instead of me trying to stretch it out to 10 or 15 years. That was the biggest sell point. You just have to hunker down for five years and get it paid off.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

There was a card that I had gotten when I was really young and it was definitely misused. It was closed, but the account still had a bunch of money on it and I was trying to consolidate my debt and then improve my credit score. I went to Cambridge for credit counseling 'cause that's what they do. I applied online and someone called me to go over things which was nice. My debts were not huge, so it wasn't that bad of a monthly payment. The experience was very simple and straightforward. It was very easy and they were informative. It's nice that they have options to educate you and they have resources about that if you want to learn about budgeting. I never want to use credit counseling, but I would recommend them overall if I had to use one again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Cambridge offers a lot of helpful services and they certainly have a good website and people who are willing to help. When we were enrolling, they needed the specifics of our account. And as to what the balances and terms were, once all those stuff was handed over, they were able to negotiate specific rates and followed back up with me to show me where they would be, what the payment plan would be, and set up a budget so that I knew where I would be at each month, and from there, it was to start to make the monthly payments.

Being in the program allowed us to allocate money to other opportunities. And in the long run, Cambridge was able to save me a large percentage of my amount of debt I had in interest, so I didn’t have a problem paying them for the service monthly. I just made my last payment in December, so I’m credit card debt free, and it was fast. I have recommended Cambridge. People just need to be open and honest with them and tell them what’s going on and where they need to be at, and let them do what they do. And as long as people are willing to make the adjustments and not continue to get themselves into debt while paying off their debt, the program will work.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I opened the account with Cambridge seven years ago and at that time, I was a young kid. Cambridge seemed pretty good in what they told me. They said that through credit card consolidation, they'd be able to close out the card, make sure interest wasn't going in and get me a monthly payment that I could afford. I filled out some paperwork and then they sent me some disclosures for me to read. And then, I sent it back in. They reached out to the card company, negotiated on my behalf and let me know what the deal going to be made was, and I agreed to it. And then, we ascertained on everything.

There weren't too many interactions beside the initial ones but any time that I had to communicate, it was a pain-in-the-neck process. I would have to call them and get some type of number that I didn't even know. Then I just update my direct deposit for which account I want them to take it out of. But they were very nice, friendly and informative. They disclosed everything upfront except they said that I would be paying some one-time fee. But after a year, I realized that it was a recurring fee every month. But I didn't mind it because it was very convenient to me so I didn't have to worry about anything.

I could do the monthly payment and the program helped out at that time. Over time, it was definitely something that I could have done on my own and I would have probably been in the same exact situation. But if anybody is in need of some help or trying to get your financial ties settled, this is the company you should reach out to. They have a great network of people who can help you get on the right path.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I had gotten hurt and was doing fine as long as I was working. But whenever I had to quit work, I got a little bit over my head and I didn't want to let it go too long. I called Cambridge and talked to somebody on the phone, and I told him what my bills were. I sent everything in to them and they called me back within three days, had me with a plan and it met what I could afford. They contacted my creditors and worked out how much, and they called me back and said what it was going to be. I told them that I would like to have one payment and have it at a certain time of the month. There was a couple of my creditors that said my payment was due on the 10th of the month and I couldn't do that since payments came out around the 15th. Cambridge sent me the paperwork to sign so that I would never get any late bills. They set it up so that my payments could be due at the 15th instead of the 8th or the 10th of the month.

I started paying Cambridge and it took about two years to pay off. But I never received any more communications from any of the people that I had bills with. They took care of all that. A couple of times, I called them and they always got back to me in a reasonable length of time. They had to contact everybody and figure out what could be paid and whether or not there was going to be any interest, so I understand they had to do a lot of work and I didn't mind what I paid them. I'm just glad I have everything paid off. I've already recommend them to a couple of my friends.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Cambridge was recommended by my manager and I contacted them directly. They assisted me with contacting my credit card companies to close the accounts and start my process. They’ve notified me and let me know how much I was paying monthly and how long the term period that I was going to be paying. And then, they just withdrew from my account monthly for the charges. I completely paid off my balances.

Everything went very nicely and smoothly. My counselor was friendly, and I was well taken care of. The payment plan was fair, too. I just needed to keep up with it and made sure that I had the money in my account so that when that time of the month rolled by, it was withdrawn smoothly. I had to contact them in regards to an adjustment, and it wasn’t too bad. I had a great experience with them. I wasn’t capable of taking care of my debts myself, but with Cambridge, everything worked out very well when it came to the payment plan and how the whole process was set up.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I wanted to consolidate my credit card bills and get it all paid off as one. I researched a little bit online and Cambridge Credit Counseling seemed reputable so I went with them. Their enrolment process was really quick. I was done within in 20 minutes and then they called me back to confirm everything and then signed some stuff. Their reps gave me quarterly updates, which I preferred because I didn’t want constant phone calls and updates. I just paid my bills every month, which automatically came out on the 15th, but I paid it off early. I paid off a big chunk to get it over and done with. My life has been glorious since I worked with Cambridge. They were good and I’m really proud I got the right guy to talk to because I got it done so quickly.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

The government was shut down and we were furlough for 16 days in 2013. We didn’t get paid and our pay was not retroactive. So, there were two pay periods that I didn’t get a check. Once I got behind, I knew I was in trouble. I had to really dip into my savings which went to nothing. It was the right timing when I received something in the mail which said, “If you want to reduce your debt, sign up for this program.” which was what I did because I was afraid that my credit would go right in the toilet. It was from iPayDebt which transferred over the years to Cambridge. I happened to have transferred from one military base to another in California, so I was familiar with the area where the company resided. I contacted them and they asked me what kind of bills I have and what my minimum monthly payment was. They put it in the computer and then told me the amount that I would have to pay every pay period.

At that time, even when I was still enrolled, I ended up transferring from one military base to another from Utah to Colorado. When they did the credit check, they looked into that and they were like, “Uh-oh. She’s entered into a debt reduction program. Why? What is that about?” So, I had to explain what that was about which they understood. When they found out that I was being proactive, not trying to become in arrears with my creditors but trying to pay them off, and not charge anything more against those accounts and reduce it, my credit went through so quickly and so easily.

There were six different companies that I entered into the program. In contention with me, they contacted my creditors and asked if they would be willing to enter into this program where they would pay a particular amount of money to reduce my debt. They added up all the minimum amounts for each month and then I called Cambridge to make sure that it happened on a certain date every month. So, we went on that program and I had money allocated out of my check every two weeks once it began. It was applied directly to particular creditors which brought my credit down and paid them off.

When the last payment was due, they called and said, “I just want to let you know that the full amount is not going to be deducted because you’re done basically. It’s going to be half the normal amount that we deduct.” And they asked me, “Is there anything else we can do for you? Do you want to enroll maybe with some other debt that you have? Or do you know anybody else that would be interested in the program?” They were always one-on-one with me. And when I finished up my plan with Cambridge, they sent me a diploma. It really was an accomplishment. And if it wasn’t for them, I don’t know how long it would have taken me to be debt free. It’s a really great program which gave me a good feeling.

I also focused on my financial planning as they set me up with the U.S. Education Plan to make sure that I was able to stay on top of my bills and balance each account, so that I knew how much was coming out every pay period and how many years or months it was going to take me to reduce my debt to zero. But the most impressive part was that they stayed in touch with me. They contacted me once every six months to see how I was doing and how the program was working for me. They made me feel comfortable, knowing that my debt was going down. And if I had any questions, I was free to call them any time. They also gave me a newsletter which showed snapshot of where I was in the process which I really liked.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I had a lot of credit and the interest rate was very high. I lost my husband seven months ago so I won't be able to pay all that credit. From the beginning, the Cambridge reps have been so nice. They explained to me everything and they negotiated with my creditors. I felt like I graduated from high school when I got my last payment. I said, “Oh, lord, thank you”. It was a wonderful experience.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I called Cambridge Credit Counseling when I needed to get all my loans together and get one small bill. I told them what bills I had and they took it from there. They consolidated all my loans that I needed done and helped me with a plan. They have like a library where I could print forms to help with the budget. It was a simple enrollment process.

I was very comfortable with their counselor as well. And instead of charging me as much as they could have for payment they took care of, they just charged me one fee for everything a month which they deduct from my account. They called every so often and I got emails every month of what was paid. And if I needed anything, there was always somebody there. They did a tremendous job and eventually, I got all those bills paid. I didn’t pay half as much interest as I would have had to pay and took me a lot longer. I didn’t have to worry about anything ‘cause they handled all of it. If I know anybody who would want to consolidate their loans, I would tell them to go with Cambridge.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We had a lot of credit card debt and couldn't seem to get ourselves out from under it by ourselves. At the time, my sister and brother-in-law had used Cambridge and they had been involved with them for a couple of years. We talked to an adviser, told him what was going on and what the debts were. From there, they gave us a list of what we had told them. Then, they negotiated some lower interest rates and set up the payment plan, all the while going back and forth and checking with us to see that it was accurate. We didn't need to do anything drastic like bankruptcy. It was just a matter of being disciplined, and Cambridge helped with that.

There was a couple of times where I had to switch from the first date that I had and I needed to postpone it a couple of days, and Cambridge was easy to work with. Everyone seemed to be very helpful. They continued sending monthly online statements, and they would also send information on budgeting purposes and tips. Anything that I wanted to try to help myself continue was all provided to me online. We came up with a five-year plan and there was a $50 processing fee each month to them, which seemed reasonable. Working with Cambridge has definitely made us more aware of trying to budget more. We have a lot of medical bills, so even though it was hard, we were able to finish within four and a half years rather than the full five years. Every month that we paid was a big chunk of change, but it certainly put us in a better financial place than what we were almost five years ago and that's what we wanted and needed.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I was getting a little out of bounds with my credit cards and I decided to look up an agency and Cambridge Credit charged the least amount from the others that I looked at. They consolidated some of my cards and they straightened it out after three and a half years. The program was great and it worked for me. The cost was fair and appropriate, and the process was easy. And in the beginning, they just asked me some information which I gave to them and they looked it all up. They got back to me with an estimate of how it was going to look, how much it would be, and I agreed to it. It was simple as it was all done on the phone and through the mail and it was great.

My counselor was very patient. I didn't really understand a lot of what I was doing and I kept asking a lot of the same questions. But he was very good and professional. I was very satisfied with Cambridge's services. Every month, they sent me a statement and let me know how I was doing and then I would check with my own information that I have with my statements and they were on target. Everything was right and timely. They did the negotiating, got things down and they really did what they said they would do.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I wanted to consolidate my bill to get rid of my debt. Cambridge Credit Counseling was listed on the website so I started looking into it. I saw that they had a good rating and I was satisfied with that. I called and they pulled up my credit reports with my permission of course. Then, they went over everything with me and they let me know how long it would take to pay off my debt. The cost that they were charging me was fair and whenever they came across something, they did reach out to me through email or phone call. Their customer service was excellent and their payment plan was reasonable. I had goals and I wanted my debt to be out of the way. I didn't realize that it would take such a short period of time.

When everything was finally paid off, I was ticked as to why they were taking me off the program. I called them and they went over everything and explained to me that the debts have been paid off. That was in November, and then December 6th, I lost my full-time job but I still had a part-time job. So, everything actually worked itself out. Without the extra debt, it has taken a big burden off my shoulders because I don't have to pay debt anymore. From the beginning to the end, I had a pleasant experience with Cambridge. They helped me out a lot and I was satisfied with their customer service. It is hard to find in any industry but Cambridge cares about their clients. I've recommended them to several people and they said they'd give them a call.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Signing up with Cambridge was very simple. I just made a phone call, submitted the forms and it was done. A friend referred me to them because I needed to pay off my credit card debts. I gave them my checking account information and they made the deduction every month. It took me more than two years to complete but it was smooth sailing. And working with them freed up some money to put towards some debts that I had to do with my house so I could get that paid off sooner. I had a pleasant experience with them and I'd do it again if I had to. I would also recommend them to friends and family. I'd tell them that the easy way to get out of debt is to consolidate their bills and just make one monthly payment.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I had been through a divorce so my income was drastically reduced. I was left with a lot of debt and Cambridge was very helpful. After I called them and they took my information, there were three more calls back and forth to verify all my accounts, which was what I wanted. That was a confirmation that we had everything lined up. And then, they set me up on a payment program where I had monthly payments deducted from a banking account. They were able to negotiate with my credit card companies to reduce my interest rate and consolidate the debt to where I could handle the payment and get it under control. They made me feel very comfortable and the cost was very reasonable too. I have wanted a little bit more involvement but it was a very good experience. I have recommended Cambridge to a few friends and I would tell others to reach out and give them a try.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I had four credit cards I was paying on every month, and it was easier to make one payment instead of four separate payments through Cambridge Credit Counseling. Enrolling was an easy process, and this was three or four years ago and I am already done. I called the company and they got me signed right up immediately. The credit counselors were wonderful and they were easy to work with, polite and they answered questions. They had a system where they set up so I would pay one payment every month and they would pay a certain amount of money from that payment to my credit card companies.

It was affordable and definitely worth doing it. They also provided a lot of counseling and budgeting, where they gave tools and budget plans to help me. Since then, I have a budget whereas in the past I did not really pay attention to having one. It was an excellent experience. They can help a lot of people get out of debt and help a lot of people in multiple ways.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information

www.cambridge-credit.org

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use