toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Lester, thank you for sharing your story. We hope that you can take the tools that you learned on our program, and remain debt free in the future. We feel that financial education is the most important service that we offer, and it seems like you really took advantage of the learning materials that we sent you. We're glad that you chose us to help you through your debts. Reach out to us if you ever need any advice or help with future debts! We'll be happy to work with you again.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I had over $40,000 in debt. I went online and Cambridge was the first one I saw. There was one person in the very beginning that I worked with, who took down all the details and the bills. We talked about what I could afford, what I couldn’t afford, and the total amount each month. It was mostly done online. They got that amount of money. It runs from my bank and they took care of it. On a monthly basis, they sent me a letter announcing what they had paid, how much I owed and how much it cost me for them. Customer support was great.

I sent them a certain amount of money on a monthly basis and they paid the bills for me. They brought down the interest rates on those bills in some cases to almost nothing. So over a five-year period, I just finished paying all that off. Also during that time, I had some surgeries, and I had lots of money that I didn’t account for having to pay back. So, I learned a great deal from them. Their program made it much easier for me to control my spending. I’ve changed very much ever since that. It really worked out well for me. Cambridge is doing the right thing and I was very thankful. Overall, my experience was very businesslike and they did what they promised.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Natasha, congratulations on being debt free! Thank you for reaching out to us to provide us with your feedback. It's awesome that you stuck to our plan and that you learned a lot. We hope that you're proud of your accomplishment. Finances certainly can be overwhelming, but you were able to reach out to us to get help, and complete the program. Great work!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I tried to get Cambridge Credit Counseling to help me before but it didn't work out. But after handling my payments this time, I was able to go with them. They helped me pay off my bills without answers. I talked to somebody on the phone and they listed down all the people who I owe credit from and Cambridge called them. They made arrangements where I can't pay a certain amount each month. Their interest was very little too.

I talked to the counselor twice and she asked for the ones that I owed a credit from. She worked out a plan where I can pay a certain amount of money. They made me choose a date where I can debit the money out to her account every month. If you need the money, they'll take it out later. They'll assist you in making changes about that too. The process was pretty good because I had four creditors that I had to pay off and I ain't have to pay that much money to pay them. Cambridge's program worked for me because it teaches me to manage my money a little bit better and not get too overwhelmed. They're really good to work with and if I follow the plan that they gave me, it'll come out all right. Overall, Cambridge Credit Counseling is excellent, dependable and reliable.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Christopher, thank you for your glowing review. It's great that you researched our company and learned what you needed to know to trust us with your debts. We take pride in providing our clients with a personal experience that allows them to move seamlessly into being debt free. Enjoy your financial freedom, and please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need our services or advice in the future!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I had too many creditors, so I reached out to Cambridge. They have non-profit status and primarily, they're a consumer advocate. The biggest appeal wasn't so much for them about getting a new account or a new customer as much as that was the service itself. I've read through a number of similar services and a lot of them seemed like some sort of scheme, but Cambridge's focus on service was excellent and not feeling that we were just a source of revenue was the main thing there. I had a lot of trust in them. We're completely paid out and there's a lot more financial freedom in having some significant debt paid off, which is really helpful. The cost of the program was excellent and all things considered, the negotiation they had in terms of reducing some interest rates more than paid for itself. Cambridge would be my first choice for consolidation or even counseling.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband had died and I’m a school teacher who hasn’t had a raise in five years and have two girls in college. I decided to go with Cambridge Credit Counseling as recommended by my employee assistance program at work. The enrollment process was painless and everybody was fine when I call with a question. Their quality of service was very good and I would recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were trying to buy a house and while we were putting away every cent that we could, we maxed our credit card. Then we came up with the 30 some thousand that we needed to buy our house. We couldn’t seem to get off from underneath the credit card. By that time, we were just swamped and it was getting harder and harder to make the payments every month. It went like that for three years and did not getting any better. Then someone recommended Cambridge to us and we went well from there. They gave us the information that we needed. We exchanged emails for several days, we signed some papers and everything was up and going. It was just real simple and quick. They did an automatic withdrawal once a month and they paid all the bills. The interest rates were lowered so much that the $35 that we pay in a month for them to handle the account was certainly not an issue.

They did everything that they told us that they would do. They made it seamless and easy for us and paid everything off. We’re free and clear now. There was also one month that I had a client’s check bound from me and I didn’t have the money in there the day that the electronic funds transfer was supposed to go through. But I had cleared the next day and they understood. I didn’t have to spend an hour apologizing to somebody. I hope I don’t have to use them again but they certainly took care of everything for me. I’ve already recommended two people to Cambridge. They were having problems and I told them about Cambridge. They got it set up and are probably halfway through the program right now. I’ll continue to recommend their service to people who get caught up like we did.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had too much debt and I contacted Cambridge Counseling and forwarded them any outstanding bills that I had. They set up a payment and said they were going to contact my creditors to either wipe out or reduce my finance charges. They also walked me through the process and said, "It's going to be this much money per month for us to be involved with this and this is how much you have to pay per month in total." They sent me bills every month and the money was automatically deducted from my checking account and I just kept track of what they did each month, so it's pretty simple. I also kept track of my bills on a spreadsheet and if I had a bill that was low enough, I just paid it off myself then put the money towards one bill to another.

I even had the same counselor and I talked to their reps a lot. They were all very pleasant and helpful and they did very well. November should have been my four years and I was paid off with them in July. It's nice to debt-free and it feels good to be able to go grocery shopping as much as I want to, versus having only one week and then I can't go grocery shopping and I think about how I’m going to put food on my table. So, Cambridge Counseling really helped me a lot. I would definitely recommend anybody to them. My credit score has increased considerably and I'm glad that I went their way. It was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had too many different types of bills and I wanted only one. I did my research and looked around and decided to go with Cambridge. Setup was pretty easy. Just got my bills together, send them the account number and it's all set. Every time I had a question, their counselor would answer me. I had a few issues in which my case will be sent to a lawyer company but he fixed it himself. I pay once a month. They distributed the amount and it was not so expensive. They get paid for my service and I was comfortable with it, so I worked for it. After two years and a half, I'm done with it. Since then, my credit score went up and now, I don't have to worry about the payment anymore. I referred two friends already who got their contract. I am satisfied with the service that they provided me and if I have other issues, I will go right back to Cambridge.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to get everything organized to get a handle on my financial concerns so I sought the services of Cambridge Credit Counseling. Initially, they got in contact with all the creditors. They arranged us a payoff and then prepared a program. The payments were then made and they came out of my checking account and it went very smoothly. As I got each of them cleared up, I picked up money towards the next payment and the next one until they were done. Now, I don’t have any debt and I would actually suggest to friends that they go to Cambridge.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're in some credit card debt trouble and I heard about Cambridge Credit ad and I thought I'd give them a shot. They were our only choice and we contacted them and discussed the program. I really didn't think there was a need to go anywhere else because their program was exactly what we needed. First and foremost, they consolidated that debt and made an easy payment plan for us. They gave us a proposed payment that we agreed upon that we could cover each month and set it up for a five year pay off. We did a direct bill to pull it directly out of our checking account on a pre-determined day every month and it was very, very easy.

They did a little bit of credit counseling on how to save and budget. The counselor completely understood our situation and knew what we were going through. We were feeling a little overwhelmed and he had some reassurance that they were going to take care of us. We were impressed by his willingness to help. We completed the program about two months ago and my wife and I looked at each other and said, "Boy that was one of the best things we ever did". We’re very thankful. I could not think of anything to make it better since the program went so smoothly and exactly the way they said it was going to happen. We are looking at finances and money in a different way. We think twice about creating another payment in our budget and it's better off to save a few months and get it than put it on credit. They’ve opened our eyes on how to spend money and budget it. It was worth every penny and I would recommend them 100%.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I went with Cambridge Credit Counseling because we have some cards that had high balances and we're trying to get those balances paid down. We got a payment program for our five cards that was to be paid within five years and we just completed it three months ago. It was good to get all our credit paid down. We were satisfied. There was a fee that we had to pay at first but it was reasonable enough for me. We enrolled by calling them and they took our social security number, and then they asked what would be a comfortable amount that we could pay each month. Payment was done automatically out of our checking account. The interactions that I had with my loan counselor and other reps were fine. If I called them about certain questions, everybody would know and nothing needed to be corrected. I would suggest Cambridge Credit to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I sought Cambridge Credit Counseling services to get my credit cards paid off. Their counselor explained what was going to happen and I understood what she said. They worked with me on my payment plan and now the program is done. They helped me get my bills paid off and I saved some money. They did a good job and I'd do it again if I had to. I'd tell my friends to deal with Cambridge Credit Counseling.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was searching and Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. was the best local one around to consolidate my credit cards. The counselor was very good and great. They calculated all the debt I had and divided it into different categories. They withdrew money out of my checking and split up the money and pay the bills for me. We sold a property so I got to pay off all my debt. This is a second home. They contacted me and sent me statements monthly. I'm all set. I paid off all my debt. I didn't have to deal with all the stress. They were excellent and I’m very satisfied. It will help you out when you sign up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had some credit cards with a charge on it that was about to double up on interest. I was able to start backhand on the account and saw where the money was going. I was paying everything on time but it’s the interest that was killing me. Then someone suggested consolidation and I went ahead with Cambridge Credit Counseling. During the enrollment process, they talked to me, sent paperwork and did a thorough explanation of their services. They explained how things worked and what to expect. Everyone was very courteous over the phone. I was comfortable with the way things were going and they could not do any more than what they did. I was more interested in getting signed up, but they did counseling before and during the time, checking to make sure everything was okay.

The counselor was very helpful. I did whatever they asked me to do and they were taking payments out of my checking account on a monthly basis. There were a few times that I had to call them and ask them about some things. But I’ve completed the process and they sent me my full certificate. Everything went the way they said it would go. I recently told a co-worker about them. We talked about things that were going on, I mentioned their name, and I looked up their telephone number for them to call which shows that I was very satisfied with the services that I got from them.

I was able to free up some of my money to do other things with it to move on with my life. I had one particular account that I couldn’t put on with Cambridge and that was a student loan. That would be something extra, if they were ever to do anything like that. Overall I was satisfied and very happy with my services. It was a great experience and the people treated me well. If I ever get in that situation again, I would use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A family member used Cambridge Credit Counseling and I wanted to get rid of my debt with a high interest that's why I called them. They also got the creditors to lower their rate. I communicated with Mike, their counselor, with emails at first. They had set me with little emails, and the latest, videos on their website to watch for different payment plans to try to see. They put me on a once-a-month one-payment plan, which really helped me. We spoke often and I never needed to call much after I got started but they’re always there. They’re very available if I had to call them or if I wanted to use those educational sites that they gave me.

With their help, I realized how to monitor the useless spending I was doing. It made me think twice about using any cards. Even now that I've been paid for about six months, I don't use credit cards as much. I have one credit card and which I try to pay right. I was very happy with Cambridge. They were very helpful and supportive and I’ve told people about them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed counseling for bills and went with Cambridge because of their credit rating with Better Business Bureau. Cambridge offered me a continuance of my business and my experience with their counselor was very good. They worked perfectly with me regarding my payment plan and their cost was good. I'd tell a friend that they're a good company and I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge Credit Counseling provided a service to me that I needed to take control of my finances. We had a number of credit cards with high interest rates and we wanted to lower our payment and interest rates on what we had. Cambridge renegotiated the interest rates with our creditors and combined it into one payment. We enrolled over the internet and it was handled quickly and easily. We just completed their program and we paid off $25,000 in credit card debt. We were paying $530 a month that was automatically withdrawn. To pay off a large amount of debt in a set period of time gave us money to stand every month and save for use in other areas. Their service was worth the money.

The guy who I dealt with in the beginning was really good. He explained how everything worked, what Cambridge Credit could do, what the service was and what it wasn't. I felt comfortable after talking with him. I dealt with at least two people there and both were very nice. I would recommend them to a friend that had credit card debt or other kinds of debt or were having trouble with loan service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a fixed income and a lot of bills that I couldn’t really handle and I decided to enroll with Cambridge. They asked me for all my bills and they calculated and called the companies and came up with a figure for me to pay each month. I pay my bills around the first of the month so my payments were set up around the first of the month till the eighth. So, that worked for me. I also appreciate their customer service because it makes me feel like they care about me and I wasn’t just another number. They check in on me and let me know how things were going. The cost was also good and it was something I can handle. I really appreciated their help. I was able to pay off about seven accounts in a two-year span.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in too much debt and the interest rates were getting me nowhere, making double and triple payments. I went online, did a Better Business Bureau search for a debt consolidation place and Cambridge came up as number one at the time. I reached out to them to see what I could do and the experience was awesome, quick, and painless. I read up on what needed to be done prior to going into this and I wanted to get out of debt, so I needed to be prepared. I had already gotten my balances and everything I needed. I was throwing them out to the lady I talked to as fast as she needed it and she was even surprised that I had all that stuff. They needed the name of the credit card, the balance, the interest and when my due date was. We had everything done within two to three days. I was kept up to date with stuff through emails.

I chose when my payment would be coming out and I needed to change my due date around that to make sure that all the creditors got it. The only other thing I had to do was keep them up to date with balances when they called or emailed me. Every now and then, I would call to ask a question but I would get a different rep and they were all very nice. Cambridge has fantastic people and excellent customer service and they're worth so much more than what their portion was. Working with Cambridge has made me a little more conscious now. My husband and I have savings together and we make sure that each time we get our paycheck, no less than $50 goes in it. I turned 40 years old and I don’t want to go back to where I was. The amount of money I saved going with them was the money that I put in our savings. If I need Cambridge again, I will go back.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had too much credit card debt which led us to seek services from Cambridge Credit Counseling. I called their number and then an advisor contacted me and sent me some forms to fill out with a projected budget and an estimate of all my outstanding credit cards and the amount. Also, I feel very comfortable working with the counselor. Then they came back a plan or proposal on how to pay it monthly and what our family budget needed to make it work as far as the monthly payment goes. Then we signed it and we entered into the agreement, and we have completed the program.

The process was very easy and I could call them if we wanted to modify the monthly payment because I've paid off several cards and they were very responsive. Also, it was on an automatic payment and they were able to modify the automatic draft. They charged me $15 a month, which was very fair for the number of credit cards that they were paying. We have a much different view of credit now than we did three or four years ago when we started this process. Cambridge was very good on educating us on a wiser use of credit. Now, we only use a credit on an exception basis rather than the norm.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I sought the services of Cambridge Credit Counseling because of the amount of debt I was in. They happened to be the company listed through my bank. The program has worked well for me and I’m happy with it. The counselor had the best voice and I loved it. His voice helped instill confidence but he’s very professional. He was knowledgeable and there’s a trust issue that you get nervous about but he was very good, informative and easy to ask questions to.

I was with them for a number of years and my debt went down. Because I'm 59.5, I was able to withdraw from my retirement without penalty and then I paid the rest off with that. But I stuck to it. The payments automatically came out of my accounts. But I would have liked to see how much I owe at a glance and have easier access to that. That wasn’t the only debt I owed because I paid off a lot but I'm not going to get in big debt again. I managed things better and I feel relieved because that’s a lot of stress when you're in debt. And it's not that I'm not still in debt, but I don’t have credit card debt.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got myself a credit card debt and I had to get out. I went to the bank, and they said that to proceed the right way was to go to somebody. My daughter used Cambridge Credit Counseling and had a good experience with them so I followed suit. My counselor was very good, courteous and professional. He got me the information and I was impressed with him. My payments were taken directly out of my wife's checking on a monthly basis. I had a great time with Cambridge and they did good by me. Now, my credit is good, my bills are gone and I got a new car.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge set up all my payments for my debt consolidation. I enrolled with them five years ago and they sent us papers and we went through that. And then they emailed them to us and we scanned them back and forth and worked with it that way. They sent us a contract with all the credit companies and then we went from there. The counselor was a nice guy. He returned our calls, answered our questions, and responded to our emails promptly. It was a good experience for a stressful time. We just finished it in May and it was a great program. We reestablished our credit and in the process, reduced our debt. So, it's awesome. I was really happy with everything. I have referred some friends to them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge has high recommendations. I had a lot of credit card debt and they helped me pay them off. I really appreciated that and their honesty. Their counselor was truthful with me and I felt very comfortable working with him. Cambridge worked excellently to address my concerns. They set up my payment plan on monthly terms and the cost in relation to the quality of their service was very good. I’ll recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a couple of circumstances where I used my credit card to fund some stuff that was going on personally. And then I found myself in a scenario where the credit card interest rates were very high and that I was paying a lot of money every month, but I wasn’t paying down my debt. I knew about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. on the radio. I had a good experience working with their reps. The process was quick, but the reps also took their time. They were always there for me when I needed support, but they were never overbearing.

The quality of their service was good as well. However, I later realized that what I had done cost me more instead of saving on interest. I tried to figure out some avenues where I could save on interest. In doing so, I opened a few other credit cards and transferred $0 balance. Then, I transferred those over to Cambridge once the grace period was up. Cambridge charged a certain amount for every creditor you put on there, so that ended up costing me more money versus if I just transferred everything over from one or two credit cards. Cambridge was helpful to me when I was trying to pay down the debts, and was certainly a great avenue to be able to do that. I paid everything off early and I am finished with the program. I would recommend Cambridge to friends if they are going through a similar experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had used Cambridge the first time because of what we’ve seen and heard years ago on Oprah Winfrey. Then I went with them the second time for counselling. I got their call and they set up with us. We sat down with them and gave all our credit card information like exactly what credit card we have and the balance that we believe we have on it. They take out their phone and then they called me back and said how much one was and go back to to tell us our balance. They said, “Okay. It’s going to be X amount of dollars. This is what you’re paying to us for your bill." And then it’s a $50 fee for one extra every month to take care of it. They worked with the creditors to stop all our late fees that I had prior to contact. I send some money every month and they pay my bills.

I had talked to several different people and they were knowledgeable. They didn’t criticize because I was behind. They were there to help and do whatever they could do for me. They also have good customer support because anytime there’s a problem or if the person that I got was not able to help, then there’s somebody that calls me back within 24 hours to help.

Cambridge has affected my life for the best because they transformed everything. They helped to get my credit back on top where it needed to be. Everybody should try to do it. They’re very great people to work with. And the people care about you. We recommend them to help anybody. I am very grateful to them for everything that they did for us.That was a big relief for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had been in a car accident. The car's been totaled, but we still owed for the car itself. Our creditors were really getting aggressive and the only way we could figure to get from under everything was to seek counseling. Cambridge Credit took up our loans and set up a payment claim. The money was automatically deducted from our account and went straight to the creditors. We never saw the money and there was no temptations. Also, our counselor was very patient, friendly and non-judgmental. The whole process was wonderful and we'd tell others to go for it. We got over the hump and have more hope now that we are done with the program. We’re also looking at purchasing a new house, so things are much better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had three credit cards that I was wanting to pay off and I looked at the interest rate. I wasn't getting anywhere and I had a friend that used Cambridge Credit before who referred me to them. I told them what my credit card debt people were and they said that they would evaluate everything, contact the creditors, deal with them as far as the interest rates, take them lower, get back to me and have a plan of action. They did all that and after they came back, they told me what I would be looking at. I had to pay an initial fee to start it, paid the monthly payment for close to two years and then, a few months ago, I paid it completely off.

I liked that they worked well with me. If I had any questions, it wasn't a problem for them to answer it or find out the answer. They're also very friendly and easy to work with. It was a little rocky at first because I was still getting notifications from the creditors but it worked out. Cambridge helped me get a better grip on my debt because I have all the medical issues which started everything. The credit cards kept me afloat while I was going through medical stuff and they helped me with getting the interest rates lowered and making progress in getting it paid off. I was pretty satisfied with the whole thing the whole time I dealt with them and I even referred my parents because they were having a lot of problems.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was upside down in my credit rating and I wanted to get back on track. I also wanted to start a business, so I needed to get my credit up. Cambridge was the first one that got referred to me. Their service was good and it's something that I'd recommend to my friends if they were in need. It wasn't high fee cost, it's just you making your scheduled payments and it keeps the bill collectors off your back, which was what I needed. Sometimes when you're barely making ends meet, having those bill collectors stresses you out more.

The only issue I had was during the time I was transferring work and trying to postpone a payment. They told me that they can't do that or I'd have to skip a payment, which could hinder my payment with me actually making a payment. That didn't make sense. If I had the money, I could give it to them but I didn't have the monthly. I wasn't postponing it for three months either, it was just for a week or so because my paycheck wasn't quite in. Cambridge should work with people a little bit more and be a little bit more lenient with how payments are made. They could maybe kind of work around that schedule. One's paycheck doesn't come on the same date of every month. When you get paid bi-weekly you sometimes get paid on the first, sometimes on the fifth or sometimes on the 10th.

That aside, Cambridge has staff who are well versed in what they do and I appreciate them. They consolidate and add just one payment even though it's $20 dollars a month and sometimes I can't afford it. But with them, it's there and it's easy making out one payment. Instead of $90 a month, each creditor wants at least $50 dollars. They consolidated $2500 worth of debt and I paid for it over three years. I paid it off last month and right now, I'm getting closer to my goals in getting that business out there. Overall, Cambridge is great and I wish more people know about it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to get my debt under control and got debt consolidation services from Cambridge Credit Counseling. I did some research and Cambridge was one of the companies that I read good reviews about. I just set up my payments and paid them. Working with Cambridge for over three years was good — My credit score is now over 120 points. Also, the customer support was great. There were times when I needed to reschedule my payment and the reps were good about doing that for me. It was easy with Cambridge and I've already referred at least one person to them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had credit cards that I needed to take care of. Cambridge was recommended by one of my family and they got me to have my credit cards paid off. The counselor was very nice that I had nothing else and he called to see if everything was okay or if I needed anything different. He was very friendly and nice and he explained everything. The payment plan was very nice and it was where I could afford it. I saved a lot of money with some of the interest being down. I'm free of the debt so I've been very happy. I got that much more now than my pay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Cambridge Credit Counseling was advertised on WLW Cincinnati, which has a good reputation on what kind of companies to have as sponsors. Cambridge is a good company and they helped me pay my debt off. Half of the problem I had was casino gambling which can get you real messed up if you don't watch yourself. I screwed up and had several credit cards to pay. The counselors at Cambridge advised me on financial stuff and they were straight and honest about everything. The payment plan was something that I could handle and Cambridge charged a fairly reasonable fee every month. Since working with them, I got the interest rate down and I was able to get my debt under control. I had too many credit cards and now I don't have to worry about these anymore, although there were a couple of good cards that I wish I had kept. I had a good experience with Cambridge and I'd recommend this company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to listen to the radio station here in Denver and a gentleman there talked about credit cards and suggested Cambridge Credit Counseling, so I got a hold of Cambridge and we consolidated our credit card debts with them. Cambridge got our debt consolidation all done and taken care of, and it was a wonderful experience. The counselors were great and they followed up and consulted with us to make sure that we understood how the program was going to work. Making payments was very easy and affordable, and it was on automatic withdrawal. Working with Cambridge was one of the smartest things we ever did. It has made me less stressed and it totally got us out of credit card debt. Through their counseling, we learned not to get ourselves in that debt situation ever again. We were totally satisfied and very pleased with Cambridge and I would recommend them to people who want to consolidate and get out of their credit card debt.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was $40000 in credit card debt and I wanted to get it undone. I was unemployed for six months and all I had was my Air Force pension and my wife's pay to work on. We were paying the bills but I was living off credit cards for six months. I looked into other credit consolidation programs and my wife used to work for a not for profit organization and Cambridge Credit Counseling was the institute that they used. I called Cambridge and they ran a credit check and got me enrolled and they put me on a monthly payment program.

I made monthly payments and they distributed them to each of my eight credit cards. They renegotiated my interest rate. I went from 21 points on some of them down to four. I paid the full principal. If I owed $10000 on a credit card, I was paying them back $10000 but it was at 1%, 2%, or 4% instead of 20. I had to stop using the credit cards once the card was paid off. My wife had to give me her credit card. She wasn't down with that but part of the program was I couldn't use those credit cards anymore. They were going to kick me out of the program if I did. They were legit.

They were a phone call away if I had any concerns. They could bring up my account. I called them a couple of times at first because I was still getting credit card bills and it would show on this amount, this balance and they said, "Don't worry about that because we got it." But now I don't have credit card debt. My cycle score started at 650 and it's now at 780. I now don't care about my credit score because I pay cash for everything. I was able to reset my budget.

The other places I looked into said, "We're going to cut your amount in half but your credit is going to tank and it's going to show up on reports as being very poor, but it will build back up." But it never went down with Cambridge. I always maintain a good credit report but it kept going up. When I was in the program Cambridge counseled me that it was going to affect my credit score at first but not that much. It was going to down a couple of points but it was going to go up as I paid into the program and started paying off my credit cards.

It was a five-year term but I was able to pay extra money for it and paid it off in two and a half years. Cambridge is a non-profit organization and I was able to work with them since they were taking $20 out of the payment for their administrative fees. My original was going to be $400 a month and I was able to pay $700. We snowballed it by taking the lowest amount that I owed, paid that off first and then went from there. We were making payments on all of my credit cards but we were paying off one at a time. There was an amount that they were paying each credit card and the extra money that I was paying into the system was being applied to the lowest credit card and paying off that balance first and then go right up the chain. I've got friends in the program and I highly recommend it.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Profile