1.29/5
Based on 79 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Get expert advice Hire a pro
Answer a few questions to find a great financial advisor. Compare the top 3 fiduciary financial advisors near you.
FIND MY ADVISOR

Last updated: March 27, 2018

80 Edward Jones Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 27, 2018

When I rolled my 401 money into my account at Edward Jones I asked the simple question 5 different times, if I take my money out of this account for any reason how much is the fee, I was told by Bruce **, AAMS that the total fee of $50.00 would all it would cost me. Needless to say 8 months later when I removed it because of a few lies I was told by Bruce, it took 3 weeks and a $95.00 termination fee and because of the $50.00 monthly fee rolled into the next month that cost me another $100.00, for a total of $195.00 plus 3 weeks of getting it handled, then my account was erased the next day I guess so I would not see the fees. He Bruce is very good at talking around anything you ask, but he makes sure that he makes his money, BEWARE.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I opened an account with E. Jones agent, Mr. Clint ** in May 2017 for safe income due to my future retirement and having steady income added to my investment. This was explained to Mr. **. I explained that I didn't want to be subject to a roller-coaster experience with my life-savings. Also told him that for the time being, I wouldn't depend on the gains generated to meet my obligations but would at a later date. So he placed in a plan of moderate risk. Being a first-trip sailor, I accepted the plan, not knowing that I could lose gains with the market fluctuating.

In the beginning, the experience was very good, had a steady stream of gains. Around Feb. 2018, we suffered market setbacks that was losing a good part of my gains. I reached out to Mr. ** to apply the "switch" he said that would be in place in case of losses. I didn't reach him, left a message with his assistant to call me and he never did that day. The next day I called again, his assistant told me he was on the phone. Later in the day I called again and he finally called back. I told him to put a hold on my activities and he said he had to sell my assets the next day. That was cone at a considerable loss of my gains. I instructed him to re-activate my account when I saw the market going in the positive direction and him agreeing that it was the right time.

By the end of February 2018 we had slight gains and large losses. I recently called him to close my account and he convinced me to put my money into an Edward Jones purchased CD. I told him to send me information about the specifics of the CD and the written assurance he'd given me of "no penalty for early withdrawal" if I needed it. I waited two days to email him to ask what was the status of my investment funds and I was simply told in an email reply "log in and look at the transactions" which is the sale of the individual shares in my portfolio.

I am very disappointed at this lack of interest and disregard for my money. I know I am not a million-dollar investor but that's a good part of my entire life-savings. IT MATTERS TO ME!!! I am in my late years and don't have the time to duplicate these savings. As of this morning, I wrote an email to Mr. ** requesting that he closes my account. A message to Mr. **: Listen to your clients, communicate with them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 20, 2018

The IRS found an error on my 2016 taxes, in reference to stocks that were sold. There was a third party discrepancy. Called Edward Jones up and spoke to the financial advisor what my situation was, he knew exactly what I was referring to, told me to come by, pick up the report and file an amendment with my 2016 taxes. Said I would have to pay some taxes but shouldn't be too much, had to pay 2,700 for HIS error. Time to get a new financial advisor.

Original review: March 12, 2018

In brief, an Edward Jones advisor I engaged committed ethical violations by gossiping about my financial affairs with third parties but somehow never had time to actually review my investments. I complained to Edward Jones, but they brushed it off and never bothered to investigate. This happened in St Louis. Then go I switched to Vanguard.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Just moved to Aberdeen. Bought a mutual fund acct. I had and wanted to make some changes. I asked the broker there for advice. He was very nice and helpful and gave me some very good advice. Haven't been there long but so far pleased. I do hope he's honest.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Edward Jones?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

In late 2016 my Edward Jones broker without my permission sold my stock in a rising market and purchased bonds which incurred an immediate $5000.00 loss. I went to a different branch in early 2018 the new agent told me to buy a certain stock, again a $500.00 immediate loss. They are amateurs, Mickey Mouse could manage my funds better. I am in the process of getting a new company.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Decided to move my account to another broker. Some funds in an Edward Jones exclusive bond account. Jay did not advise me of the tax liability of liquidating these funds. He was mad I was closing account. Now I have to pay large sum in capital gains tax. Complained to corporate to no avail. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND JAY ** TO ANYONE. He did not do his fiduciary duty by advising me of liabilities after 10 years.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I inherited part of an Edward Jones account from my mother. The broker set up an account for me. I told him I wanted to transfer the account and all holdings to my Scottrade account. He told me this was very difficult and involved and I would be better off selling all the holdings and taking a check instead. I followed his advice, which resulted in outrageous commissions for him. I could have made any of these sales myself at Scottrade for $7.95. I also had to pay taxes on the gains of stocks I didn't want to sell, just wanted to move to another brokerage.

I then learned elsewhere that transferring a brokerage account is routine and simple. Bottom line is, I was lied to about the account transfer process so the broker could sell everything in the account. I paid extremely high commissions instead of just transferring the account because the broker told me it was incredibly difficult and complicated to do that. I believed him. Now I feel like a chump, but I didn't realize that the broker would actually lie to me about the transfer process.

Be aware that these people work on commissions. There is a built in conflict of interest. The winner here was the broker, who told me how much he liked my mom, what a good friend she was, etc. I did tell him that he certainly didn't mind taking her son for a nice chunk of change rather than giving him the correct information on how to transfer an account. They will be looking for ways THEY can profit from your account.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I have been with EJ for a number of years investing in Penny Stocks. This past October 2017, the Huntington Beach Representative told me to SELL. I didn't want to because I knew that several of them were moving forward. Well, my one stock XOMA, a diabetic pharma company ROSE recently to $33 a share from the original $1. This past few weeks when I called to complain. The rep said that EJ policy is to sell off BAD stocks. I told him I knew it was going up and they, EJ had no right to sell a potential big money earner. I lost hundreds. The rep said to SELL what remaining stock I had - I did so and CLOSED my Account. Receiving $500 + dollars. I lost HUNDREDS - it appears that I, as the consumer, know what I AM DOING and EJ did/does not have the RIGHT to SELL on their WHIM. Who knows, maybe the rep put the stocks in his account - even though I did receive the money. EJ unfair practices are beyond reprehensible.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I invested with Edward Jones in 2009 starting with $4,000 to get a feel for how they do business. Since then I had slowly put money in until my account had a cost basis of $17,400 as of January 2013. I did not make any more additions to the account after that and the account had a market value of $33,715.36 as of 12/31/17. That is a total return of 93.76% and an annualized return of right around 10%. I think anyone would sign up to almost double their money in 5 years. Not only have the returns been fine (slightly below the S&P, but usually within 1%) but the financial advisor and other employees at the office have been very nice to me.

It sounds to me like a lot of the bad reviews are a combination of personal lack of investment knowledge and questionable suggestions by the advisor. Although I would bet even if the advisor suggested 100% in one stock and it had great returns people here would be singing their praises, despite that being terrible investment advice. As long as you know what your financial goal is and know how you want to invest your money, they are great. Just put your money in an age-based fund or one that invests to the S&P 500 and let it ride.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I want to share my experience with this horrible financial org. The financial reps that were supposed to be managing my retirement account never did that, nor did they advise, nor did they give any updates. These representatives were not even licensed at the time they were supposed to be managing my account. They had shared with me that they were in training with Edward Jones.

This is a total disservice to the consumer of their financial services. When I complained to the St. Louis corporate office, they did nothing. My complaint is that this org charges fees for their supposed financial experts to manage one's money and when I asked what fees am I paying the financial "advisor", I was not given this information. These financial "advisors" were incompetent and never managed my assets the way a credentialed CFP may have. I would not recommend any consumer use this financial organization based on the horrible experience I had as a customer. This is my opinion.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I had make an appointment to see about moving my money in one account to all American funds and not all the odd and end funds that I was put in. Showed up for the appointment and they had canceled it on me. The one at the front desk, said it can't be done. She was very rude to me and my husband.

Updated on 12/12/2017: During the month of November we were into EJ a couple of time to see about having a meeting and moving some of our money to American funds. My husband did sign a paper statement to move some money, but after talking about it for about 15 minutes, we decided not to move anything at this time and to hold off on doing anything with his account. Now we received word that they did move the money without our permission in the Guided solution funds, that we didn't want them to move. The Medford office of Edwards Jones in turning into being a very serious problem.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Please be warned of ED Jones. The unlicensed BOA worked for ED Jones in Seal Beach, CA. Over 20 forged signatures transpired from 2009 to present. When I ultimately uncovered that there were Accounts created and modified without my knowledge or permission, ED Jones did not want to take responsibility. The BOA was fired for falsely signing documents, but ED Jones did not want to take responsibility for any money taken from my account, only an offer to pay back a unauthorized sold IRA that the BOA forged a signature for. It is apparent that ED Jones does not follow a best practice existent with other financial institutions and does not stand behind their customers.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Opened an inheritance fund with Edward Jones. At first, seemed fine. Eventually, was unable to access online accounts to the point I thought it was a scam. Turns out their IT systems are a mess, do not work properly, and fail regularly. The online customer service was OK, but the branch sales person was unwilling (unable/0 to assist). Very incompetent company and would suggest never opening a Edward Jones account. Try Fidelity, or one of the others. I cannot believe they have been in business this long!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Whatever you do please DO NOT invest your hard earned money with Edward Jones. The financial advisor that I dealt with was nothing more than unscrupulous and dishonest. My husband and I invested our inheritance with this firm and we've lost in excess of $25K in 3 1/2 years. The particular financial advisor whom we dealt with came across as very pleasant and obsequious at first, however, as time went on his real condescending attitude emerged. He blatantly lied about hidden fees and never for once mentioned about something called LOAD FEES. He recommended 7 mutual funds with a partner company called Invesco and discouraged us from looking at other funds like Morgan Stanley and Oppenheimer, and I just found that very suspicious.

Now I realized that some of these funds carried NO LOAD FEES (middle man fees)... These advisors DO NOT operate in the client's best interest. Some of the stocks that he recommended have lost money for 3 years in a row now and he now concedes that these were 'bad choices'. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM EDWARD JONES. That's my truthful experience dealing with one of their advisors in Stone Mountain GA.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I read all the negative reviews about Edward Jones and all the other Financial Investment Firms and I realize that only the people that have a bad experience are fired up enough to do a Review... and it is a one star Negative. Five star is suspicious, nothing is that good, when it comes to money and your money especially. I am going to take the time to give a good review and there are hundreds of thousands and thousands out there that don't take this time but likely have found Agents that are honest and work on the Clients’ behalf... or there would not be the trillions of dollars in these firms.

I have an Edward Jones Account with an honest and hardworking agent in St. Charles, IL. - M.C. There are a few in St. Charles, IL and he has been a good partner in my Retirement Planning. I hope this review is put on the site because it is important that not only the negative is presented. I am sure I couldn't give his name, so I haven't. Google is a wonderful thing. It hasn't been perfect, so I am being honest. But it has been Trustworthy and Value Received most of all and I know because I just closed an account with another larger Investment Company that had an Agent that has some of the negatives mentioned above and below this review. Maybe he had a bad day or a bad month. People are still people. Get a good personal feeling about your Agent.

My suggestion for what it is worth... start with smaller investments ($5,000 to $10,000 has to be the least to be fair to all) and see how they are treated and how your Agent handles that. If that experience is good... you likely are on the right track with this Agent and Company. If you are not comfortable with how that is being handled... move on. There are fees for this safety and knowledge and that is the one thing that has to be accepted, but new regulations have tightened up how Agents/Investment Firms can deal with the Clients and what is fair in fees.

Original review: July 13, 2017

My mom had her money in Edward Jones and sadly she passed away and left me a little money. I decided to just keep it there because I was too busy dealing with so much. I totally regret it because it seems after about 7 months I will owe them money when I transfer my money! Please beware they are very expensive and do not look out for you.

Original review: June 29, 2017

We joined Edward Jones in 2015 - we finally escaped in 2017 with minimal losses in the stocks recommended to us. Two of the stocks WE chose gained significantly - Apple and Amazon - our brokers sniffed at both. We invested $49K in a recommended mutual fund. After one year we had gained a whopping $500! That was erased by a $650 "management fee" from their "experts". We were audited recently for that year. Received no 1099s from EJ so wound up paying $22K in taxes, penalties, interest, and back taxes. Appealed and received A $2.5K refund from the IRS, based on the fact that Edward Jones had OVERREPORTED our profits. These people are not your friends, or even competent investment counsel lord. Run Away!

Original review: June 28, 2017

I have worked with the company for the last six months. During that time I dealt with an advisor who was very sarcastic in his ways of communication. His way of describing something when I would not agree to his advice was by saying "best wishes" and hanging up the phone on me. I know what this phrase meant... It means stick it somewhere (I will not go into further detail as I think most people can read between the lines). I finally decided to remove this advisor and was given another from the same company. The new person was very professional initially. I liked him. However, he then contacted an estate attorney that is working with my late father's finances.

I agree I did give him the phone number but did not instruct him to call either. Please, please, please consult me before you take the initiative that you think is in my best interest without my consent. To make a long story short I am moving on to a new firm that may value my business and respect me too. If you feel as I do this may not be the firm for you to do business with.

Original review: June 10, 2017

Got a phone call from the financial advisor. He says we can get rid of your husband's Roth IRA if you want to downsize the amount of accounts you guys have. I said, "Okay if that is what you recommend." Then tax time came. Our accountant informed us that because we closed the Roth IRA 6 months too early that there is a penalty and fine to pay. Okay so we did that. Then research was needed to find out what the profits were from the account. This is needed to pay another fine and that fine would be 100% of the profits. We found out that the account after 10 years had a loss. So at least we did not have to give away more dollars.

On another note... We had put $ into our Simple IRA. The advisor says we can put into your traditional too. So I wrote a check. Our accountant said, "NO NO you cannot do both for that year." It took a few hours of phone calls and e-mails to get that straightened out. We ended up leaving the money in the IRA accounts because the IRS does not like you to remove the money once it is there. So we have Taxed and Non-Taxed dollars in our Traditional IRA accounts now. Our accountant says he is keeping track for us of what is real IRA dollars and what are not. I highly recommend that if you are getting advice from a financial advisor to go to your accountant to find out if what they are telling you to do is correct. This can save you from doing costly mistakes that take up a lot of time to fix and figure out.

Original review: May 24, 2017

EDWARD JONES, 2045 Columbia Dr, Pueblo, Co. 81005 - Oh I read the Important Information about doing business with Edward Jones and I couldn't find the part where they said it was alright for their financial advisors to lie to their clients in order to get the extra financial bonus that they receive that left me losing $38,000 Plus. Had $107,834.34 in a Lincoln annuity and was getting $5467. a year, or $453. a month.

8/13 My financial adviser ** said she could get me 6% a year. All I had to do was leave it in for 1 year before I took anything out. So she had Edward Jones take that much out so I would still be getting $453. and I ended up with $101,500. Guess I should have been adding up the numbers because there is $867 missing right there. She just happen to quit or was canned after 11 months. Wonder how much she got for this lie.

So EJ put in a new financial adviser **, went in after that 1st year 8/14 and the annuity was worth $107.590. and I wanted to start taking my money out. ** told me all I could draw out was 4% So now I was only getting $403. a month. Went in 8/15 and asked ** how much this thing was worth because like ** said the numbers looked kind of fuzzy, he told my wife and me said "I don't blame you but as long as don't take any more than I'm taking now it was worth 107,590". Should have went to a real financial adviser for advice because this just cost me another $10,303 for the year.

Went in 8/16 and ** says "oh I don't think you are getting any interest on this", so he makes a call to AIG and says it was only worth $91,800. Guess they heard about the Fiduciary clause and thought if they started to tell the truth now it was alright. They've done this to other people too because the secretary A ** who was an accomplice to ** and should have been canned with her, had this line to says, "you made $300. dollars and you will always get $403 dollars for the rest of your life". I guess this worked with other people who had to have this money to survive. Let's see. That means I made 1/10 of 1% a year for three years.

Talked to a Vanguard agent and in order to transfer this to them would cost Me $3500. to get out of this phony deal with EJ. and the AIG annuity. Could have put this money in a can in the shed in my back yard and been $3,500 ahead. So now I don't take any money out just to get my 6% which in reality is only $600. a year. It will take me another 3 years to get back to 107,000, so made no money for 6 years they used my money. I would think EJ would do background checks on these people being the reputable company they are, just don't google them.

So when they sent me a letter to make them custodians of my account in Dec., I told my wife that it looked like they were trying to steal the other $91,000 so I found a real EJ financial adviser on the north side of Pueblo and transferred it to his office. $5467 X 3 = $16,350 and $107,590 - $91,800 = $15,790 and $3297 to surrender the Lincoln annuity and $3000 to dump this turkey with AIG. Grand total of $38,437. This is pretty apparent that they were working for their best interest and not their client. Didn't seem like it would do any good to do their complaint dept. everybody just gets the runaround.

Original review: May 17, 2017

When I first started to invest I went to Edward Jones. It was a young man who had just started up. I had $6,000 I wanted to invest in Nash Finch. It was $6 a share at the time. He didn't take my order but said he would look at Nash Finch to see if it was a good investment. Later that day I visited him again and he recommended against it because of debt. In place he recommended 3 mutual funds, Putman New Growth Opportunity and 2 Hartford funds $2,000 in each. The result Putman went from $35 to $9 with no call from broker. The Hartford funds went down about 30% again no call from broker. In the same period Nash Finch went from $6 to $36 per share. Decided to do my own thing for awhile and was successful but did not like do it. So decided to try an Edward Jones broker that some of my relatives had used. Went to see him and went through my portfolio with him.

I had bought a drug company called IVAX. He asked me about it and I told him I bought it because the leader of the company was always buying back its stock. He told me I should sell and buy Pfizer which was at $35 a share and I did so on his recommendation. What happened? Pfizer went down to $9 without a call while IVAX got bought out by TEVA the Israel drug company and took off. Again traded on own buying adding a new stock MDU to my portfolio. Went to see new Edward Jones broker asking to buy more MDU. His response was I needed more diversity and suggest Bank Of America at $55 a share. Once again went down to $9 a share with no call from broker.

In addition to these gems they also recommended Citi bonds a burn job and some Williston Basin stock also a bust. I believe my Edward Jones representatives made as much in my account as I did. Closed one account that was basically in cash last Friday and it is now Wednesday and transfer still has not hit bank. Tempted to sue for lack of fiduciary responsibility, believe this is widespread enough it could be a class action.

Original review: April 19, 2017

In October 2015, after having met with an Edward Jones Financial Advisor in Kirkland Washington for the first time, I was advised that my financial situation allowed me to retire at 65 years of age instead of having to wait until 66. She transferred everything I had from Fidelity to Edward Jones saying there would be a "one-time charge of 2.5% and nothing thereafter". I thought that was high but liked the idea of no further charges. She placed me into 13 different Mutual Funds with American and Franklin Funds advising that it was to diversify. It wasn't until I went to a Retirement Seminar months later that it was brought to my attention that I had been charged 3.5%, not 2.5% and that I would be charged an Annual Fee ranging from .9 to 1.6% from each of the Mutual Funds.

Morningstar ranks Mutual Funds from 1-5 Stars Bronze, Silver and Gold. I found out that 9 out of my 13 Funds were Bronze, usually 2 stars, with Below Average Returns for 3,5, and/or 10 years as well as their being High Risks for 3, 5, and/or 10 years. When I asked her about this, she became angry that I was questioning her. I realized I could no longer trust her and therefore could no longer work with her. I sold all of my Funds and transferred the cash back to Fidelity, where it has remained as cash since I am afraid to trust anyone again. I placed a complaint with Edward Jones requesting that my $12,000 commission be returned to me for all that had happened. I had only been with EJ for about 9-10 months. I was just told my complaint had been denied.

If I had known then what I know now about Edward Jones, I would never have gone with them. I think their customer service has been terrible. I have had to call them repeatedly to see where my complaint stood. I feel they did not listen to anything I was saying. They do not record their conversations and they do not allow you to see your record so it was my word against theirs and, of course, they believed their Advisor over me. I have tried to work this out with them but they have refused to work with me. My only option now is to contact FINRA to see what they can do to help.

Original review: April 14, 2017

It takes a lot to inspire me to write a review, good or bad. My experience with Edward Jones has been the worst financial related experience in my life. There was a total lack of concern to get my and our employees' money invested properly, one employee never got his money into an account at all as he thought he had, his deductions just went into a money market fund making nothing, for a year! No one at EJ bothered to say anything to him or follow up with any of us. My funds also languished in this money market fund for many weeks, of the choices told to me, I picked 2, no contact from them telling me one fund was not really available, I had to contact them to ask why nothing was going into my chosen funds. Then they say "oh you have to wait for us to mail you a new form, and mail it back." Seriously?? 2 more weeks wasted. Then my bi-monthly deposits would not show up in my account sometimes a month later.

Long story short, our company chose to move our accounts over to ADP, then EJ takes weeks of prodding to make this happen, then rather than transferring funds into our ADP 401K accounts, they send all our checks to the owner of the company, no notice to anyone, so the checks sit in a mail box for some time before the owner comes home and finds them in the mail. Now none of us knows how to properly get these funds deposited into our ADP 401K accounts as they are not made out to us individually. Never do business with EJ, especially in Sandpoint, Idaho.

Original review: March 8, 2017

After over 25 years with Edward Jones, I closed my account in January 2017. Received all tax info except for one (was sent with incomplete figures) and was checking weekly with the online access for those final figures. With no prior warning or communication I discovered this week that my online access is now denied for the accounts as they are closed!!! When I inquired about this with both my local investment office and the online "Help" 800 number, the response was basically "Too bad, so sad"!! I do my taxes electronically and now cannot pull those figures over electronically as I no longer have the access to that information. Warning to anyone else who has or is thinking about closing Edward Jones accounts. Frankly in this day and age and electronic environment it is beyond logic that this business practice exists. At the very least, the account(s) information and accessibility should remain available until after April 15th of each year!!!

Original review: March 7, 2017

I went Edward Jones in January 2014. Thinking I didn't know too much and put my faith in them. I had $10,000 plus 129 shares of Home Depot. As I sat in his office he told me he thought I should sell Home Depot. Price at that time was $78.00. I told him I really didn't want to sell it as I inherited the stock and wanted to keep it. He assured me I was doing the right thing and he let me keep $1000.00 of stk only. I bought a small amt of Apple and Twitter. In the meantime Home Depot was going up in price. I called Corporate because I was upset. They investigated and said nothing I could do because I sold it.

When I went to transfer to another E. Jones no one would take account. I had to sell what was left through my Agent. Needless to say I lost a lot of money. Today Home Depot is worth $147.00 per share. I am a senior and was counting on that money. They nickel-and-dimed me with fees. I hope I have saved someone from making the same mistake. I would of done better on my own.

Original review: March 3, 2017

I had an account with EJ for many years and contributed many thousands in fees to them. Now that I have closed the account they are not allowing me to access my tax info electronically, per their policy. This means that instead of a simple import into TurboTax, I now have to manually input, into various tax forms, the many trades executed by EJ from a 15-page statement. Everyone who closes their account will encounter the same problem. Other financial institutions that I deal with do allow downloads from closed accounts, as you still have to file your taxes on the previous year's activity and they have profited from your business. By the way, the reason I closed my account was that I consistently lost money yearly with them while paying many thousands in fees. It's a lousy company.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Edward Jones agent sold me an annuity with many promises of how it would step and lock in new highs every time the market set a new high. BS no way. Once confronted about his lies, he said "I never said that", or "Maybe I told you wrong". If you want to be ripped off invest with Edward Jones M. R. Office Castle Rock, CO. I lost about $ 2000.00 or more. All I had to do is put the money in a cd and watch it grow. Never again.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I'd like to warn the public that if you have any issues of any kind including my experiences of Broker misconduct (disclosing my personal info to other Brokers when attempting to move my account from her custody) to their transferring errors (moving my investment accounts to them and they invested my two retirement account improperly and refused to correct it when I discovered it years later). Beware that the SEC only takes the complaints. They do not help and when I attempted resolution with regarding to my investments accounts (they invested my ROTH account into my Standard IRA account so now not only did I not receive credit on my Income Tax return, I now have to pay taxes on the redraw of the funds I already paid taxes on!).

FINRA, a branch of supposed investment regulators that a consumer supposedly can turn to for such matters, told me to hire a lawyer. No one wants to help and Edward Jones doesn't do a thing about misconduct of their Brokers. I have undisputable proof and received a letter back from their Compliance Department, same experience with the retirement account issue that explained nothing. Just said they looked into it and that now they considered the case closed, no explanation whatsoever. It's all for show to make the consumer comfortable that there is supposedly safeguards in place. PLEASE DON'T BE FOOLED. I plan to call my Legislative representatives to see if they can help me since Edward Jones won't. I have been dealing with the hell regarding this issue for several years now. They are deceptive so don't be fooled. I learned the hard way, don't you make that mistake. They seem fine until there's a problem.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

My husband passed away recently, and I have been trying to close his accounts, including his Edward Jones account. I am the executor and have supplied them with the paperwork authorizing me to do this. No one else. However, they are refusing to close the account. Instead, they are insisting that I transfer it to a Fiduciary account to be held by them!!! I already have an Estate account!! I have provided the very same documentation to other accounts, with no problems. I would highly recommend NOT putting ANY money with them, unless you don't care if you ever see again! In that case go to the Casino or play the lottery, you'll have more fun throwing the money away.

Edward Jones expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Edward Jones, a Fortune 500 company, is one of the largest financial services firms in the country. With 11,000 offices, Edward Jones has served nearly seven million clients for over 90 years.​

• Services: The company provides a wide-range of services, including wealth management, retirement and college savings planning and investing guidance. Edward Jones representatives are competent in handling various financial planning services for individuals and business owners. Edward Jones is one of the few financial services firms dedicated to the individual investor.

• Products: The firm offers clients access to a wide range of investment and money management products including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, insurance and annuity products. They also offer cash and credit solutions to their clientele.

• Investment philosophy: Edward Jones believes in a long-term approach to wealth building with regular meetings between the client and advisor. The company focuses on quality and diversified investment products and features a personalized approach.

• Educational and client resources: Assistance with statements, taxes, fraud awareness and protection are available. Edward Jones’ clients receive easy account access and management with mobile apps, online account access and bill pay.

• Best for: Clients looking for a personal financial advisor dedicated to their financial needs, the newly wealthy, those experiencing family and/or household changes, the financially unsavvy and business owners.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg