1.29/5
Based on 94 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

95 Edward Jones Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

My mother died when I was 17, given that I was underage, a family friend invested my inheritance which was approximately 1 million. I am now 44. The money has now accumulated to 5 million, which is part of the trillion they advertise. 4 months ago I requested a withdrawal, which was approximately 1/3, after 2 months of runaround claimed it had to clear fraud and I had to resign everything. Now after 4 months still nothing. Seems to me all they are doing is stalling until the new year if they even release at that point, after the long wait I have now requested to withdraw all, to use another investment company.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

OK. I wasn’t sure they were going to allow what I said to be print it because I use words then I might not be acceptable. But let me go on stopping fault. Stop letting these people take advantage of me and my bandanna right now as it gets. Edward Jones sucks. They suck. I want to reach as many people as possible at your branch. Edward Jones calls me up one day and says, "Well how about I give you a $13,000 loss that we ** you out of if you stop telling people we suck." Where should I accept your offer and sell all you people out so they can keep calling you. If you believe me they’re going to make money for you know. ** you Edward Jones.

No that’s stupid language. It just means in a nice the language. No way I would Jones. No way I would. Bottom line stayed a ** away from Edward Jones and most brokers they’ll steal your ** money in the stock market is **. It’s all **. Maybe at this point short term CD guaranteed over three or five years you’d be better off. Tell you the truth there is no best way. I’ll tell you this. Edward Jones is the worst way. Let me say that again Edward Jones is the worst way seven.

Get expert buying tips about Online Financial Advisors delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I met a woman working as an advisor for Edward Jones who encouraged me to consolidate my accounts with her at Edward Jones. Because of her misinformation, I signed up for the Guided Solutions fee of 1.35%. After a terrible experience, I spoke with several representatives regarding the issues but got a mediocre response lacking an apology but giving me the bare minimum I asked for: a refund on my termination fees from when I transferred my money over to Vanguard. Here's the story:

When I was considering transferring my retirement savings to Edward Jones, I sat down with the advisor to ask her several questions. One of those questions was, “Are there any fees I will be charged from either you or any of my current firms if I switch to Edward Jones, and if so, how do I avoid them?” I made it clear that I was no expert in these matters (shame on me for not doing more research and trusting someone trained to tell me the truth), which is why my money was held in the many original accounts I opened over the course of several years and several jobs. Erroneously, she said there would be no fees (I had never paid a termination fee so didn't know that they existed; I figured it was like opening a new bank account -- move MY money). So, I was charged with several of what I now know as termination fees to close my several accounts. Because of her error, my trust in this agent's expertise was eroded.

Having lost faith in her as a financial advisor, I began to do research on Edward Jones. First of all, I began to question my (former) advisor's global claim that Edward Jones’ fees were in line with competitors like Vanguard, Charles Schwab, and Fidelity -- all firms I was at prior. She assured me that I was “already paying the same fees” but Edward Jones just “put the 1.35% fee up front while others charge on the back-end.” It turns out she was wrong, and, according to representatives at Vanguard, Charles Schwab and Fidelity, her claim was "laughable". In fact, they all assured me that the 1.35% is only justifiable by the receipt of sage advice from a capable advisor.

My advisor was not that kind of advisor, both because she not only gave me misinformation to get me to sign on with her -- whether out of manipulation or incompetence – but also took MONTHS to finish transferring all of my money after asking me several times to carve out time from my schedule to request documents my other firms said did not exist and then realizing she didn’t actually need them. This includes having several thousand dollars in limbo when she failed to tell me she hadn't received a check from one of my firms; I noticed on my monthly statement. So, that cash sat in limbo earning nothing, not even any minor interest from a money market account.

Once most of my money was transferred, I wanted to talk to my advisor about the other fees I was being charged since it was unclear what the fees were; 1.35% was one thing, but what was this $10 per month fee?! I also wanted to get a better idea of Edward Jones’ performance over time, so I could compare it to how my other funds had performed over the past decade or so. I set up a call with my advisor to go over this information, but her assistant canceled this call less than five minutes before it was supposed to begin because, “She forgot and double-booked.” I’m not entirely sure why my call was the cancelled call, but I allowed a reschedule.

On our rescheduled call, my advisor started the call without a willingness to explain the fees or provide the information on Edward Jones' performance over time -- all things other firms were willing to do without me even being a customer. Instead she told me I was asking too many questions and she didn’t want me as a client any longer. She also asked me never to call her again and hung up on me without explaining what I do next. I mean, to transfer my money to her, I had to talk to each of my other firms over and over.

How was I going to transfer my money out without talking to her? I wasn't sure. But, I started calling other firms, asking all the questions I had asked her, and received such a transparent and kind response that I knew that regardless of how my former advisor handled me, the problem was with her and not me. She did not provide information that other firms willingly did. In fact, two firms took my questions, researched them, and called me back with trends over time for accounts similar to my size for clients similar to my age to give me the best estimate on their earnings over 1-, 3-. and 5-year periods.

Upon shifting my money back to Vanguard from Edward Jones, I learned several additional things that my former EJ advisor never told me. For example, she did not make it clear that there would be fees for selling off back-end loaded funds, nor did she give me the option to liquidate my money to a money market fund rather than doing an in-kind transfer. These were the first topics covered when I talked to Vanguard and Charles Schwab about transferring my funds to them.

Overall, my former advisor with Edward Jones did not act on my behalf. She gave me misinformation on what other firms consider the most basic matters -- such as termination fees -- while encouraging me to sign up with her and Edward Jones. She tried to upsell me to products for the money I still had liquid even though I told her several times I wanted it liquid to buy a house. And, she provided poor customer service in terms of forgetting a call we had scheduled, failing to answer my questions about fees, and dropping me as a client without any instruction on the next steps – and asking me to never call her again even though she still had control of my money.

I understand laws about fiduciary responsibilities are a bit unclear at the moment, but she acted in no way like a fiduciary; she acted in no way with a “duty to care” nor did she act in my best interest. If I had known how this EJ worker would be as an advisor, I would have never moved my money over to Edward Jones. For this reason, I asked for all fees back as if it never happened, including termination fees for closing both my accounts, the Guided Solutions fees, the mysterious $10 fees charged to my account, and fees charged as expense ratios. They refunded the termination fees, although the letter states the money was added into my EJ accounts, which are closed -- so hmmm, where's the money? Time will tell. Never again will I use Edward Jones.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Out of three agents, the first was incompetent, who forgot to invest my initial deposit for four months, then tried to blame me for it, the second just did nothing. Neither of them even asked me for a beneficiary and the third, who started out helpful and responsive, eventually became disrespectful. When the third helped me move my money out of my 401K into a Guided Solutions IRA without first sharing the interest rate and changes from my previous Traditional IRA, then became upset and angry when questioned about it, I was thoroughly shocked. I decided to give it one year to see if it lived up to his promises, which were steady 5 to 6% earnings. Instead, my portfolio experienced overall loss from Jan 2018 until the time I transferred to Vanguard and approximately 50% of that loss was Edward Jones fees.

These unfortunate situations provided me with motivation to research and learn how to manage my own money. I am managing my husband’s IRA, which was moved from EJ to Vanguard as well. We find this change to be less stressful, less time consuming and less expensive, with positive financial benefits. Our association with Edward Jones was a monumental waste of time and money. I would have been much better off if I had simply left the money in my 401K.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I had a small Roth IRA at Edward Jones and really had not paid a lot of attention to it over the 10 years it was there. Well I recently realized they were charging me an annual fee amounting to almost 5% of the investment. Ordered my account closed immediately at which time I was charged approximately 10% of the account value to close the account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Edward Jones?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I am the Executor of my late Mother's Estate. For 3-1/2 months I have been trying to obtain her account records without success. Her local Account Executive says that the records are in the hands of their St. Louis headquarters and that he has called them "40 to 60" times to try to obtain them for me. He has stated twice to me that the Edward Jones Legal Department is "incompetent." Add to that my 30 to 40 phone calls, written requests, emails, correspondence and five personal visits to try to get the records. Not only have I not obtained them, but neither the national headquarters or the Legal Department has seen fit to call or email me!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

My Edward Jones account was hacked into. Edward Jones has done nothing about retrieving the money I lost! People used a voice recording of my voice to get out my money making deposit into my Chase Bank account of which the money went missing from my Chase Bank the very next day Without me knowing that that amount of money was in there!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I'll make this quick. We have been with EJ for 19 years. All this time we have had to ride out some bad times. Never have we lost a large amount of money, until now. Over the last 45 days we have dropped over $11,000.00. I am still waiting for an explanation as to where the money went. WE recently moved from WI. to FL. I hope that this didn't impact our investments adversely. Over the last 19 years we have had 4 advisers. Could it be that EJ is having a problem keeping employees? It does seem strange that we just got a new adviser since we moved to FL. Hope that isn't affecting our investments.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

When I was 20, I ran into an inheritance. My father brought me to an EJ salesperson in Windsor, Ontario, by the name of Sean **. I remember filling out a form asking me about my financial knowledge. That was about the extent of what they needed, I guess, legally, to say "you signed a form saying you knew your stuff." At 20 years old, I did not.

They put my money into various stocks, to which the salesperson, told me that "Out of 5, 1 would do badly." Indeed, but more like a few went badly. MCI Worldcom was one of the stocks that, less than 1 year later, went bankrupt. Before that, he had been pressuring me by phone to buy other stocks claiming they were "undervalued" and I complied. The other stocks were not "blue chip" as the advisor assured me of. What went on years later was horrible. They claim they "lost my address" and "EJ doesn't have email addresses." Years later, he also claimed he did not remember various information. At 20 years old, what am I supposed to know? I was more busy trying to figure women out, going to bars, trying to have a good time. They take advantage of people at EJ.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I asked my Edward Jones representative to buy 1000 shares of Ford (F) stock and my fee was $1000!!! Yes, you read that right, $1000 for a transaction that would cost $9.99 with Ameritrade. I was told that I would make it up in earnings... Even though I was the one that instigated the purchase!!! Total ripoff... No creative counseling... You'll just get the regular Blue Chip recommendations. Find anyone else!

Original review: July 12, 2018

This is a hard area to please and I can understand many reviews but I have found the Financial Adviser (KH) and the Edward Jones services (Antigo Wisconsin) and offerings to be reliable and structured. I invested a lot there, and my advice to all others with bad experiences is to know your Financial advisor well, especially his or her character, and the client must hold the reins.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Annual fees to the tune of $40 and continues to lose money every quarter. I keep calling and emailing them and finally after six months to finally get someone to contact to roll over my funds to my bank. Finally they email me that and I quote "our Traditional IRA account is now handled out of St. Louis by Dave ** (BOA is Karmann)." Tony ** office out of Richmond, VA. The WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ever!

Original review: May 15, 2018

As a single mom, bought house after renting. Took out a large amount of money from IRA to keep monthly payments down. Broker did not take out enough taxes and left me owing the IRS $52,000. I had to refinance new house with 1.5% higher rate and $400 more per month and still only received 30,000 loan toward this Edward Jones mistake. What can I do about this? Would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Ok, at first I was told my rep that there are no hidden fees and I was told no at the time of my visit. But once I opened up an account I had found out that I should've been making more money than what I was making. I checked into and found out that Edward Jones WAS TAKING $100 PER MONTH TO MANAGE MY ACCOUNT (Notice the caps). And a 40% commission from whatever they made a profit on. I was stuck over 4 years into that account when I realized I was making no money. I can go on forever but to make things short they are RIPPING YOUR ** OFF.

My advisor ALAN ** at the Westfield, NJ office basically told me, "If you do not like how I'm handling your account then go someplace else." REALLY!!! I wish not to curse but I got **. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME OPEN UP AN ACCOUNT. In the 5 years I was there I did not make 1 DOLLAR because what I made I had to pay in FEES. THEY SUCK!!! Personally someone needs to check into the way they do business.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Thank goodness I no longer have an account(s) with Edward Jones (EJ). Though their customer service representatives are sympathetic the bus stops there. This is a company all about using your money to enhance their own net worth. The EJ rep was recommended my former attorney. At this time I did not have the knowledge to ask about "management fees" or anything else for that matter as my father had passed away and left me an inheritance. I was consumed with grief. I allowed this financial advisor (FA) at EJ to instruct me on the best way to handle my finances. This person was nice to begin with and as a former church representative I trusted him implicitly. However, I soon learned that the person wanted total control of my assets and when I did not oblige to his suggestions he would say "best wishes" which actually meant "shove it". I learned this very early on in my relationship with this person, and I grew to trust him less and less.

However, the biggest deceptive move came when I received an inherited IRA from my father. The person first of all could not attain this money so I needed to do this myself by contacting the firm that held these funds. He then said that these monies could not be rolled over and would have to then be moved into my personal checking account. I have since heard from two lawyers, as well as a bank, that this was not the case. Within a week this particular FA called me and said that since I had liquid assets in my bank account he wanted me to invest those monies into mutual funds. When I refused he said "best wishes" and hung up the telephone in my ear. He obviously did not want to work to invest my father's IRA correctly so he could use the money that was now in the checking account for his advantage.

On top of all this his "mistake" with the IRA has cost me over 40K in taxes. He also sold one of my securities at a 17K loss. Please do not trust this company with even a penny of your money. You will be treated with condescension and told you "don't know anything". If that is the case I personally would not have lost myself this much money per year to employ an "expert" or should I say an egocentric individual who just thinks he knows things that a computer screen prints??? I would suggest to everyone to go to a self-service venue offered by banks like Wells Fargo where you can actually manage these accounts yourself and not pay ANY management fees which result in the FA's expense paid trips to Vancouver, Canada and Africa and who knows where else? However, this is where our dollars go when you invest in a firm like EJ.

Original review: March 27, 2018

When I rolled my 401 money into my account at Edward Jones I asked the simple question 5 different times, if I take my money out of this account for any reason how much is the fee, I was told by Bruce **, AAMS that the total fee of $50.00 would all it would cost me. Needless to say 8 months later when I removed it because of a few lies I was told by Bruce, it took 3 weeks and a $95.00 termination fee and because of the $50.00 monthly fee rolled into the next month that cost me another $100.00, for a total of $195.00 plus 3 weeks of getting it handled, then my account was erased the next day I guess so I would not see the fees. He Bruce is very good at talking around anything you ask, but he makes sure that he makes his money, BEWARE.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I opened an account with E. Jones agent, Mr. Clint ** in May 2017 for safe income due to my future retirement and having steady income added to my investment. This was explained to Mr. **. I explained that I didn't want to be subject to a roller-coaster experience with my life-savings. Also told him that for the time being, I wouldn't depend on the gains generated to meet my obligations but would at a later date. So he placed in a plan of moderate risk. Being a first-trip sailor, I accepted the plan, not knowing that I could lose gains with the market fluctuating.

In the beginning, the experience was very good, had a steady stream of gains. Around Feb. 2018, we suffered market setbacks that was losing a good part of my gains. I reached out to Mr. ** to apply the "switch" he said that would be in place in case of losses. I didn't reach him, left a message with his assistant to call me and he never did that day. The next day I called again, his assistant told me he was on the phone. Later in the day I called again and he finally called back. I told him to put a hold on my activities and he said he had to sell my assets the next day. That was cone at a considerable loss of my gains. I instructed him to re-activate my account when I saw the market going in the positive direction and him agreeing that it was the right time.

By the end of February 2018 we had slight gains and large losses. I recently called him to close my account and he convinced me to put my money into an Edward Jones purchased CD. I told him to send me information about the specifics of the CD and the written assurance he'd given me of "no penalty for early withdrawal" if I needed it. I waited two days to email him to ask what was the status of my investment funds and I was simply told in an email reply "log in and look at the transactions" which is the sale of the individual shares in my portfolio.

I am very disappointed at this lack of interest and disregard for my money. I know I am not a million-dollar investor but that's a good part of my entire life-savings. IT MATTERS TO ME!!! I am in my late years and don't have the time to duplicate these savings. As of this morning, I wrote an email to Mr. ** requesting that he closes my account. A message to Mr. **: Listen to your clients, communicate with them.

Original review: March 20, 2018

The IRS found an error on my 2016 taxes, in reference to stocks that were sold. There was a third party discrepancy. Called Edward Jones up and spoke to the financial advisor what my situation was, he knew exactly what I was referring to, told me to come by, pick up the report and file an amendment with my 2016 taxes. Said I would have to pay some taxes but shouldn't be too much, had to pay 2,700 for HIS error. Time to get a new financial advisor.

Original review: March 12, 2018

In brief, an Edward Jones advisor I engaged committed ethical violations by gossiping about my financial affairs with third parties but somehow never had time to actually review my investments. I complained to Edward Jones, but they brushed it off and never bothered to investigate. This happened in St Louis. Then go I switched to Vanguard.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Just moved to Aberdeen. Bought a mutual fund acct. I had and wanted to make some changes. I asked the broker there for advice. He was very nice and helpful and gave me some very good advice. Haven't been there long but so far pleased. I do hope he's honest.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

In late 2016 my Edward Jones broker without my permission sold my stock in a rising market and purchased bonds which incurred an immediate $5000.00 loss. I went to a different branch in early 2018 the new agent told me to buy a certain stock, again a $500.00 immediate loss. They are amateurs, Mickey Mouse could manage my funds better. I am in the process of getting a new company.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Decided to move my account to another broker. Some funds in an Edward Jones exclusive bond account. Jay did not advise me of the tax liability of liquidating these funds. He was mad I was closing account. Now I have to pay large sum in capital gains tax. Complained to corporate to no avail. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND JAY ** TO ANYONE. He did not do his fiduciary duty by advising me of liabilities after 10 years.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I inherited part of an Edward Jones account from my mother. The broker set up an account for me. I told him I wanted to transfer the account and all holdings to my Scottrade account. He told me this was very difficult and involved and I would be better off selling all the holdings and taking a check instead. I followed his advice, which resulted in outrageous commissions for him. I could have made any of these sales myself at Scottrade for $7.95. I also had to pay taxes on the gains of stocks I didn't want to sell, just wanted to move to another brokerage.

I then learned elsewhere that transferring a brokerage account is routine and simple. Bottom line is, I was lied to about the account transfer process so the broker could sell everything in the account. I paid extremely high commissions instead of just transferring the account because the broker told me it was incredibly difficult and complicated to do that. I believed him. Now I feel like a chump, but I didn't realize that the broker would actually lie to me about the transfer process.

Be aware that these people work on commissions. There is a built in conflict of interest. The winner here was the broker, who told me how much he liked my mom, what a good friend she was, etc. I did tell him that he certainly didn't mind taking her son for a nice chunk of change rather than giving him the correct information on how to transfer an account. They will be looking for ways THEY can profit from your account.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I have been with EJ for a number of years investing in Penny Stocks. This past October 2017, the Huntington Beach Representative told me to SELL. I didn't want to because I knew that several of them were moving forward. Well, my one stock XOMA, a diabetic pharma company ROSE recently to $33 a share from the original $1. This past few weeks when I called to complain. The rep said that EJ policy is to sell off BAD stocks. I told him I knew it was going up and they, EJ had no right to sell a potential big money earner. I lost hundreds. The rep said to SELL what remaining stock I had - I did so and CLOSED my Account. Receiving $500 + dollars. I lost HUNDREDS - it appears that I, as the consumer, know what I AM DOING and EJ did/does not have the RIGHT to SELL on their WHIM. Who knows, maybe the rep put the stocks in his account - even though I did receive the money. EJ unfair practices are beyond reprehensible.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I invested with Edward Jones in 2009 starting with $4,000 to get a feel for how they do business. Since then I had slowly put money in until my account had a cost basis of $17,400 as of January 2013. I did not make any more additions to the account after that and the account had a market value of $33,715.36 as of 12/31/17. That is a total return of 93.76% and an annualized return of right around 10%. I think anyone would sign up to almost double their money in 5 years. Not only have the returns been fine (slightly below the S&P, but usually within 1%) but the financial advisor and other employees at the office have been very nice to me.

It sounds to me like a lot of the bad reviews are a combination of personal lack of investment knowledge and questionable suggestions by the advisor. Although I would bet even if the advisor suggested 100% in one stock and it had great returns people here would be singing their praises, despite that being terrible investment advice. As long as you know what your financial goal is and know how you want to invest your money, they are great. Just put your money in an age-based fund or one that invests to the S&P 500 and let it ride.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I want to share my experience with this horrible financial org. The financial reps that were supposed to be managing my retirement account never did that, nor did they advise, nor did they give any updates. These representatives were not even licensed at the time they were supposed to be managing my account. They had shared with me that they were in training with Edward Jones.

This is a total disservice to the consumer of their financial services. When I complained to the St. Louis corporate office, they did nothing. My complaint is that this org charges fees for their supposed financial experts to manage one's money and when I asked what fees am I paying the financial "advisor", I was not given this information. These financial "advisors" were incompetent and never managed my assets the way a credentialed CFP may have. I would not recommend any consumer use this financial organization based on the horrible experience I had as a customer. This is my opinion.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I had make an appointment to see about moving my money in one account to all American funds and not all the odd and end funds that I was put in. Showed up for the appointment and they had canceled it on me. The one at the front desk, said it can't be done. She was very rude to me and my husband.

Updated on 12/12/2017: During the month of November we were into EJ a couple of time to see about having a meeting and moving some of our money to American funds. My husband did sign a paper statement to move some money, but after talking about it for about 15 minutes, we decided not to move anything at this time and to hold off on doing anything with his account. Now we received word that they did move the money without our permission in the Guided solution funds, that we didn't want them to move. The Medford office of Edwards Jones in turning into being a very serious problem.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Please be warned of ED Jones. The unlicensed BOA worked for ED Jones in Seal Beach, CA. Over 20 forged signatures transpired from 2009 to present. When I ultimately uncovered that there were Accounts created and modified without my knowledge or permission, ED Jones did not want to take responsibility. The BOA was fired for falsely signing documents, but ED Jones did not want to take responsibility for any money taken from my account, only an offer to pay back a unauthorized sold IRA that the BOA forged a signature for. It is apparent that ED Jones does not follow a best practice existent with other financial institutions and does not stand behind their customers.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Opened an inheritance fund with Edward Jones. At first, seemed fine. Eventually, was unable to access online accounts to the point I thought it was a scam. Turns out their IT systems are a mess, do not work properly, and fail regularly. The online customer service was OK, but the branch sales person was unwilling (unable/0 to assist). Very incompetent company and would suggest never opening a Edward Jones account. Try Fidelity, or one of the others. I cannot believe they have been in business this long!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Whatever you do please DO NOT invest your hard earned money with Edward Jones. The financial advisor that I dealt with was nothing more than unscrupulous and dishonest. My husband and I invested our inheritance with this firm and we've lost in excess of $25K in 3 1/2 years. The particular financial advisor whom we dealt with came across as very pleasant and obsequious at first, however, as time went on his real condescending attitude emerged. He blatantly lied about hidden fees and never for once mentioned about something called LOAD FEES. He recommended 7 mutual funds with a partner company called Invesco and discouraged us from looking at other funds like Morgan Stanley and Oppenheimer, and I just found that very suspicious.

Now I realized that some of these funds carried NO LOAD FEES (middle man fees)... These advisors DO NOT operate in the client's best interest. Some of the stocks that he recommended have lost money for 3 years in a row now and he now concedes that these were 'bad choices'. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM EDWARD JONES. That's my truthful experience dealing with one of their advisors in Stone Mountain GA.

Edward Jones expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Edward Jones, a Fortune 500 company, is one of the largest financial services firms in the country. With 11,000 offices, Edward Jones has served nearly seven million clients for over 90 years.​

• Services: The company provides a wide-range of services, including wealth management, retirement and college savings planning and investing guidance. Edward Jones representatives are competent in handling various financial planning services for individuals and business owners. Edward Jones is one of the few financial services firms dedicated to the individual investor.

• Products: The firm offers clients access to a wide range of investment and money management products including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, insurance and annuity products. They also offer cash and credit solutions to their clientele.

• Investment philosophy: Edward Jones believes in a long-term approach to wealth building with regular meetings between the client and advisor. The company focuses on quality and diversified investment products and features a personalized approach.

• Educational and client resources: Assistance with statements, taxes, fraud awareness and protection are available. Edward Jones’ clients receive easy account access and management with mobile apps, online account access and bill pay.

• Best for: Clients looking for a personal financial advisor dedicated to their financial needs, the newly wealthy, those experiencing family and/or household changes, the financially unsavvy and business owners.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg