2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Credit Central Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Central?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Central?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I visited the Pell city branch today making a payment for my daughter. When walking in I was never greeted. They seems as if I was not suppose to be there. Finally someone takes my payment, but manager wasn't in then they state to me they are about to stop doing anything for other offices. Very rude. I called my office and got corporate number and manager should never treat a customer this way. I will never go back!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Yes we have been doing business with the Foley office on North Mackenzie. The office staff is great. We had one bad dealing which was this month. I had a friend drop off payment after hours. My payment was short 3.00 dollars. A gentleman called to inform me about the shortage. I ask if I could pay it on Wednesday because I'd had a Dr appointment. This was fine no problem. They're a problem because I stop by, paid my 3.00 & was hit with a late fee. I called to talk with manager. Very nice. Explained how the late fees worked. He was sorry that I was misinformed and the gentleman didn't even worked in that office. So stuck with late fee that I feel I shouldn't have to pay due to agreement I had made. Again very nice staff. They work with us. But left a sour taste making me rethink about renewing.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

Huntsville AL location - The manager there Ashley is so rude. We had a check sent to my husband to deposit. He did that. I have been going in making the payments. I had a missed payment and was 2 weeks late bringing it in, Ashley refused the payment and couldn't talk to me. It had to be my husband really? I call so she could talk to him, she insisted that he come in. She wouldn't even talk to me on the phone, I didn't do anything to her. This manager is not good for this company. Who sends a customer away and won't take the payment? The account is almost paid off. Not good customer service.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

I have done business with this company a couple of times and payment was never late and was always paid off on time or paid off early. They do not like when you pay off early and will beg you not to! I had about decided at that time not to do business with them anymore and now I wish I hadn't. Went in to make my payment and she took my check and said I had 125 hundred available to keep in mind my payment was 109.00...

Anyways, I renewed the loan which was 1300.00 and I had already made 4 payments knocking it down to around 900 and something. The lady gave me 124.48 and instead of shredding up my check of 109 they sent it through my bank! So... a loan I had paid down to 900 just got renewed back to 1300 for basically a sad 15.48! What a nice 500.00 profit for them! Smells like a thief to me! What a rip off!

I'm am meeting with a attorney to see if this is legal since other companies I have worked with renewed my loans and I didn't have to make a payment before hand. Don't make sense I should have been smarter just hoping this helps others to not fall for this little scam! Also, I had a relative who wasn't making their payments and they harassed me daily about it even though I was a outstanding customer! They also went in my file and used my contact numbers to call and harass people about this other relatives non payments. I'm almost sure that's not legal! Cannot wait to get Credit Central of Fort Payne, Alabama paid off... Oh and I will be paying off early! Then I will never do business with them again! I will let everyone know just how deceptive and what crooks they are!

Original review: July 26, 2016

I took out a loan 4 years ago with this company with the understanding they would report to my credit score. I paid my loan and paid off the loan and restarted the loan a number of times of the years. Never missed a payment. 3 months ago I lost my job due to illness. I contacted them directly to inform them and set up payments I could afford till I got a new job. They absolutely refused to work with me. Now I finally have a job and waiting on first pay check just to come home to legal papers dropped off for wage garnishment. After the threats and screaming and harassing phone calls I'm gladly checking the box for them to garnish my wages 3 times and be done with this company. Please don't take out a loan with this company. They are a payday lender that has found loopholes in the laws.

Original review: July 5, 2016

The staff here is rude and very unprofessional. The store hours are from 8-5:30, but they shut down computers at 5:00 and charge you a late fee.

Original review: July 5, 2016

I've been with this company for a while. At a point of my life I got behind on a payment or two. But I did caught it up. After that I keep refinancing. So I've mailed letters plenty times to the home to remove this from my credit report. They won't do it. But they keep wanting me to renew. I am done with them so I plan to pay them off and never return. They are only out for themselves and not to help the consumer. So be careful before you get a loan here.

Original review: June 22, 2016

My experience with this company was horrible. First off I had a payment due on may 29, 2016. So I called to see if I could slide the money under the door. The woman there said it would be ok and assure me they will get it that Saturday. So Monday came and I got a call from the loan company stating that they haven't received my payment. Come to find out they're not even open on Saturday so someone in their store stole my money. So another day went by and I received another call from Keith who also works there and he was calling me a liar and threatened me.

So I ask to speak to the manager and he told me heard most of the conversation and pretty much wasn't going to do anything about it. I asked him if they had security cameras to prove I was telling the truth and he said no. So another day went by and I received another called from the manager asking for the money and he finally decides to tell me their camera two stores from their business and he couldn't get the tapes until he speaks with their manager. I thought that was crazy. "You're the manager of Credit Central. You can't walk over there and talk to the manager." I will never do business with this company again and I will make sure I tell everyone I know not to do business with them as well.

Original review: June 10, 2016

Community Credit on Laurens Rd. Harassment Harassment Harassment. Bad company to borrow money from. Insane interest rate, poor customer service. Didn't believe it till it happened to me. I have had several loans with them over the course of about 5 years. Paid on time - no problem. 1 month I got behind because work got slack. Called and told them I was going to be late (more than 10 days) making this month's payment. First time being late in 5 years. The woman immediately gets nasty. Making rude comments about my financial situation. I was in shock. I couldn't believe it. So after that rude encounter which got nothing done. I thought it was over. I explained as soon as I got the money I would be in. At most another week.

The very next day guess who is calling me at work? Credit Central. Asking me if I had figured out what I was going to do about my loan. I'm thinking to myself "I just talked to you about 12 hours ago and told you what my plans were" but you call me the next day at work. So this is obviously just to harass and annoy me. Which is illegal in SC. Once again another nasty encounter and I'm off the phone. 3 days go by with no contact from them so I thinking maybe they are about to start treating me like a human. WRONG - guess who is now making visits to my home? Community Credit!! This company specializes in trying to annoy people. When I get them paid off. Never again will I even think about doing business with them.

Original review: March 19, 2016

I have taken loans, renewed loans as well as generated business for this place. However, I can make payment, refer people but I can't use the bathroom. Wow, when I pay them off I will not be back nor will I refer anyone else to them.

Credit Central Company Information