Disclosures

3.8/5 (642 ratings)

About CitiCard

CitiCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

In November I opened up a Citibank credit card and roughly purchased about $2,500 and stuff. Due to a freak accident everything had to be refunded. Never received anything. It was all supposed to be shipped at Best buy, I had to cancel everything within 10 hours. Everything was supposed to been canceled. Due to a typo or whatever $163 was not refunded to the Citibank credit card. I ratched out to him. I explained the situation. They went through a list of questions for me. Recorded my conversation. I was told that they were just waiting to hear back from Best buy and that since there was nothing diet purchased and was supposed to refund it that came up to $163. That this should be a quickly resolved after repeatable checking back with them and told that nothing could be done till Best buy got back with them.

A month and a half into it still doesn't hear back from him. Call him again. It's still on my bill. Still on my credit report. They've not done anything. I finally got a sympathetic wrap on there at that called Best buy and told me that she seen nothing in there where they had contact and apologized for the company. It seems to be to me Citibank doesn't care as long as they know they're going to get paid regardless because I was lied to look like to all all two months. It seems like and then when I called to ask if the money was refunded. The lady got snotty with me so I canceled the credit card today. I will never deal a Citibank again. You're liars. Unsympathetic. Two months to resolve something that you guys did to resolve. I had to resolve after you lied to me two whole months for $163. It should never have been there.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

My Citi card application and acceptance has been the worst experience possible. If I knew it would be like this I would have never applied. Having to talk to customer service three different times on the phone just to get my application approved because the Citi application process glitched leaving me in limbo for weeks. Then I get told that I am approved to expect my new card. On the day that I’m supposed to get my new card I just get a notice from Citibank saying that they need more information and provided another application number and reference ID… I already had done this two weeks prior where you go online and enter the reference ID. What is ridiculous is that it didn’t have me enter any additional information, it just said, "That is all we need" after the ID was entered.

This whole process has been a complete waste of my time. What is truly unfortunate and unfair to me is that I was going through all of this so that I could use my card for upcoming travel and because Citi took months to even process my application I couldn’t use the card on my travel and missed out on the American Airlines points that I got this card for. Seriously has been such a pain. Not only that, but since I waited extra days to book the flights due to the promises from the phone Citi agent that my new card would arrive I ended up paying an extra $160 for my tickets all while still not being able to use my card. You really need to get your stuff together because no one should go through this.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I made an online purchase with Sears PartsDirect last June. The part was backordered to Infinity (still not available) and Sears charged me for it immediately. After several attempts to get the order refunded they advised me to go through Citibank and dispute or chargeback. I did this and nothing became of it. After several phone calls and "chats" telling me it was being taken care of I finally spoke to a man named Lou. He issued me a cust loyalty credit for $268.31 (The price of the part). Right after that they received the refund from Sears. Citicard decided to reverse the credit for $268.31 and that same day reverse again for $268.00. I have paid this balance in full because after so many promises they are working on it or it is being refunded back the bill due date was approaching. So even though they again, promised they wouldn't charge any fee or report late payment to credit report I decided they have lied so many times I paid it to avoid ruining my credit.

Now another 2 weeks later and still no credit showing on my account that they owe me $268.00. I also sent them a year to date statement. showing the issue. I don't use credit cards often so there wasn't much to figure out, that was in Nov and still they haven't been able to figure out that you don't reverse 1 credit 2 x's unless you need to charge a person for the product which I was charged for back in late June. They are very hard to understand wherever they are located and I believe they are trained to just lie and get you off the phone as calling them is a pain in itself and they hope you'll just go away. I have closed this account that I have had several years which did cause my credit score drop also. If they would just refund me with a check I could put this nightmare behind me.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

I could never trust Citi anymore! Citi let me down, Citi had customer to take the consequences, clean up the mess for Citi's mistake! Citi emailed me for suspicious account activity and suggested to change the credit card. I specifically made a call on 12/7/2022 morning to ask for an expedite delivery as I have to receive it by Friday 12/9, because the authorized card holder lives in another city, who has to get card by 12/19 when he flies back home, otherwise he will not have the card for two weeks. I also explained that we only use one credit card which is Citi Visa Card in my household. Without a physical card, it is very inconvenient.

I was promised to get an expedited delivery, however, the account manager never took care of my request, the credit card was delivered by regular mail which takes 5-7 business days. Of course the authorized card holder didn't get the card on time. When I called on 12/9, spoke with the same rep. who I talked on 12/7, who clearly remembers my request, who promised me did nothing to help, just told me to wait for the card patiently. Not even given a sorry!

The account manager promised me to expedite it, why didn't she take care of my request? I was counting on her help! How come she promised for two-day delivery but ended up do nothing? My family only use one credit card, do they understand how difficult is it without a credit card handy??? Citi is having their customers to clean up the mess, they don't care about the customer service, they put customer the last.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

I have been a customer for over 30 years. Recently I received a fraud alert for a purchase I made. I confirmed the charge by text and phone that the charge was valid. They removed the fraud alert and I placed the charge again (since it declined due to the fraud alert). Again, it declined and I received another fraud alert. Again, I confirmed the charge by text and phone that the charge was valid. After the third decline and fraud alert, I stayed on the phone with them for over an hour and the charge FINALLY approved and went through. They assured me everything was good!

We continued to use our credit card with no problem but that evening our card declined again. We called again and they stated there was a fraud alert AGAIN from the original charge that was approved earlier and was NOT a fraudulent charge!!! I explained it all AGAIN and they refused to lift the fraud alert on the card until I received a letter in the mail (they said could take up to two weeks) and verify who I was. HOWEVER.... the charge they said was fraud.... They let it go through because it was verified! What???? I answered every question they asked and was even logged in online and the customer rep refused to lift the fraud alert even though they verified the charge! She refused to let me talk to anyone else and refused to help. We had to wait and call them after receiving the letter and STILL they argued.

After threatening a lawsuit, they lifted the fraud alert and we can use our card. How could a company do that? While I appreciate them looking out for us, the fraud alert wasn't valid and we told them that, they let the charge go through, but still kept the fraud alert on the card despite verifying every piece of information on the phone and including the letter information. And to add insult to injury, they said even though we couldn't charge anything on the card, we could pay it online! Worst customer service with people that could care less. HORRIBLE!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I have a citicard credit card. I called customer service, and they were not helpful at all. I had to push the person to give me a different phone number to a dept that might be able to help me. I called that dept., and I had the same experience. They couldn't help me and offered no other suggestions. They just said, ''No I can't help you with that.'' I will be closing my account asap.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Owner of CitiCard for 50 years. Use Citicard as my primary payment method on PayPal. 2 charges that have recurred or been regularly charged were rejected as "crypto," causing a secondary card to be charged without my knowledge. No alerts from Citi. Charges were recurring from Apple Computer and PayPal Ship Station (clearly not cryptocurrency to anyone with a brain). Customer non-service put me through endless verifications only to demonstrate that they had no explanation. Their suggestion: don't use PayPal. PayPal said rejection was from Citi and nothing had changed on their end.

3 hours and 3 promised callbacks later, I am still waiting for an explanation as to 1) why these were rejected and 2)why I was not notified. My typical experience with Citi has been quite good, but this is inexcusable. I still have no assurance that the experience will not be repeated next time I use Apple Pay via PayPal for my .99/mo charge. Most customer service agents were barely understandable due to accent or connection and most demonstrated they did not understand the problem. Badly done Citi. Looks like you will be losing some of my business.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

I am a customer that has never missed payment or been late. I called in Sept to see if I can change my due date by one week 7th vs 14th. I have been told that due to the billing cycle they can't at that time but to call at the beginning of Oct. I called Oct and they put a request in to the appropriate dept. Told me to call Nov 1st. I called Nov 1 and was told they still can't change it. Then after still speaking with that same rep he said he could. He said my next due date would be due Dec. I confirmed 4 times with this rep so my Nov payment isn't due. He said no, due to the date change it skips a cycle. I believed this because my Discover card did skip a payment. I asked the rep when will this info reflect on my acct and he said Nov 16. So now I am online looking at my account only to find I owe two payments (as if I have skipped a payment).

I only skipped it because the rep swore that I could. I call to resolve this and the best they can do is say pay my normal 154 and they can make payment arrangements on the other 208. Uhm, I don't need yet another bill and I already pay my minimum due. Why should I have to pay payments, it's not my fault. I spoke to collections, customer service who I told I didn't want payments I wanted it fixed, then another dept for payment arrangements which I said I didn't want and she sent me back to customer service. The 4th transfer he says he can't hear me but yet responds correctly to what I say. I just hung up at this point. I will find a card to transfer my balance to. This company does not care about its customers, apologies every second after they speak over you and not willing to work with people. I'd advise you to RUN...don't get this card.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

Since 10/12 Citi's Unsigned 10/28 response Did Not Explain why texting STOP Did Not Work. 11/2 Received a Citi Home Dept Credit Card offer when I Opted Out Of Pre-approved Credit Offers in Mid Sept. And, their Rewards Partner has both my Phone Number & Address Wrong. I updated my Address with Citi in Jan. '22. Etc, etc.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

Citibank doesn't care about its customers. I opened a credit card account with Citi in July 2013 and, according to my Experian credit report, had a perfect payment with history with them until after I was involved in a near-fatal airplane crash earlier this year (2022) and two payments "fell through the cracks" (May and June 2022) while I was recuperating from five different surgeries. I reached out to Citi via email, emailing various Citi executives and on September 23, 2022, I was contacted via telephone by a representative or liaison for Citi's executive team. This Citi representative stated Citi had indeed received my email, which contained a link to an online story about my airplane crash done by an NBC affiliate station, that proved my crash and the severity of same.

The Citi representative stated they no longer routinely grant "goodwill" reviews of accounts but they would look at my account due to the circumstances that caused the late payments (an airplane crash!). I have not received any further communication from Citi but they did note on my Experian credit report, "Dispute resolved – consumer disagrees" and there was no change to the status of the two late payments. I have read on several different financial forums that some credit card companies will remove the late payments and mark the missed payments as "no information available."

After having my Citi credit card for more than 9 years with a perfect pay history, and considering the circumstances surrounding the airplane crash and my injuries, I was hopeful Citi would have a heart and make an exception to their "goodwill" policy and change the May and June 2022 late status to "no information available" but ...

CitiCard Company Information