2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.84/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

CitiCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard ?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: July 30, 2020

Out of all of the credit card companies I use, CitiBank has the cleanest, easiest to use, and most simple online platform to manage my CC. However, Citi is by far the most difficult company to find information on where my fees are coming from. While I pay my CC debt in full every month, I still get interest charges. It would be fine if I could just figure out when those charges are being applied, which I cannot.

Original review: July 29, 2020

This card provides lots of rewards not only by using it at Costco but anywhere. It gives you points that are turned into money that you'll get once a year in February so you have the whole year to use it and then have some cash money to use in whatever you want. Their phone app is also great, super easy to use and with lots of tools to administrate your credit line in the best shape. I've had many other credit cards in the past and this one is highly recommended!

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2020

This has been a very useful card with 15 mo 0% and the lowest rate compared to all my other 3 cards. It has become my daily use card and has become my only card for online purchases. I use to use my Walmart card for online but it doesn't always work and has a very high apr.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Got my CitiCard via Costco. It send me a check and Costco send me a check to use in Costco. I use the US Bank card that is with Harley Davidson. I tend to use the Citi more. I was at a meeting in DC for the minority. They raise a question on CC and I raise my hand and was ask to speak. Pretty much I said, use a card that pays you back not in points. (I still will turn down points reward due I do not shop at what they say. Not LL Bean or others they promote.) Use the card that rewards you with a check.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Citibank is great! They even have a savings account that if you put in $25,000 everything is free and you get .60% interest that’s better than my bank now. I had a hacker one time when I got on AAA site and booked a vacation and Citibank was right on it. With my help, we shut the Hacker down the same day that they started. They overnighted me my new MasterCard because I told him that I was going out of town in three days. So what I’m saying is that you couldn’t ask for better service, you couldn’t ask for better events that were taken care of. Citibank also has an interest rate around 14%.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I have excellent credit 760+ Well-established lines of credit. Multiple credit cards, autos, mortgage. Make good income and all my debt to income is good. I was approved for $3000 limit which I have no use for. All of my other credit cards average about $20,000 limit. I got this card so I could transfer a balance and take advantage of the 0%. I was told that once I get the card I can call and they will give me an increase no problem. After speaking with a representative she couldn’t help me, then the supervisor couldn’t help me. And wanted to pull my credit again when they just pulled it seven days ago. I declined that of course.

She was going to let me go an unhappy brand new customer. I asked to speak to her manager. She said I’ll get a call back in 24 to 48 hours. Worst customer service experience I’ve ever had with a credit card. Depending on how this conversation goes with the manager I will likely just close this account and avoid CitiCard at all costs.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I got an email from Citi to roll into the Citi Rewards+ from Citi preferred. I did and received my card. However, my new card didn't appear in my regular Citi log in. Therefore, I didn't know that I had a payment due since I don't even get the paper statement. Therefore, I was charged $28 late payment fees. I called customer service to link my new card to account and to remove the late payment. The customer representative said that the system cannot or do not take it back because looks like this happened few months ago. She straight up lied because I never miss my payment and I usually always pay up in full.

She said that she will take it as a feedback and hopefully help in future. I have been with Citi for 5 years. In 5 years, I have never missed a payment. One time I did that's also because my new card was not linked to my account. However, the customer representative is not willing to help and she yelled too when I got mad and said, "Ok fine. I won't even take it as a feedback." Feedback for future is not going to do me any good because they are going to tell me the same thing. Their customer service sucks and this might mean they might actually lose me now as customer. Citi needs to better train their customer service representatives.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

They will not cover your rental car any longer, but even when they did before, what’s the point? They would do everything in their power not to pay in case of an accident. Their customer service/dispute department is a mess, very unhelpful. They will not be on your side, but rather on the merchant’s side. They don’t send messages directly to your inbox, or in some cases don’t even tell you there is a message, like all other cards do, you have to log in into their website and go through layers of menus to find an important message you have been waiting for. Their reps speak with heavy accent. They charge foreign transaction fees. Enough, Citibank, I am closing all my accounts with you, after 20+ years of being a customer, go find fools elsewhere to join under such conditions - not me!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

This company is not professional, very racist and have no idea what is going on in the company with their employees or customers. I would not Recommend any person of any race to get a card here. They are very racist and not knowledgeable about their company. This was the worst experience I have had with any company in my life.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I have always had excellent credit. I'd had a CitiCard Rewards card since 1999. When my Mom passed away this summer, I wrote a check to pay my balance with her account, since I was Power of Attorney and had incurred a lot of expenses. Long story short...bank froze her account and the card payment was denied. So far...okay...I get that. Next I received a letter that my account had been closed. No explanation. I called and they said it must have been the frozen checking account, but why?? I'd had a perfect payment record until my Mom's death happened. I still paid off the card within a month despite probate. I read the reviews on this website and found that I'm by no means alone in my experience. Terrible, and good riddance.

CitiCard Company Information