CitiCard

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

So I wrote a letter/emails to several Managements/CEO shortly after Customer relations gave me the boot telling me they have the RIGHTS to close my account. I told them I am a excellent customer and a Branch Manager FAILED to Identify over the phone and read out loud my addresses and account number... I am sure he was not alone at that time (Breach in Security)... overall it's POOR service and its look like she blacklisted me. Every agent I spoke to thereafter stood back with caution helping me with any complaints. I even met a Regional Manager at a hotels while they were having a meeting and she PROMISED to look into my complaint. A few week later called her office twice (NO Response) --- BLACKLISTED.

The moral of this story is that if you complain to Citi-Bank management, they coldheartedly don't like customer that voice their concerns. They reacted negatively by Close your Account. As far as me I was planning to leave, as I informed in my original complaint letter because their service STINKS. They lost not me (I closed 5 different Account with my Citi-Gold-Account). Goodbye Citi Bank 40+ years, they Don't stand fair with Customers.

I was approved for a Citi AAdvantage business card on Dec. 26. It is now Feb 6 and I have still not received my card. I have made four phone calls and been promised three times I would receive the card via FedEx the next day. Each time they send it to the wrong address. On the last call, the representative promised to call me back the next day to confirm I received the card. I didn't receive it and she never called. You can't make this up. How they landed the Costco account is beyond me - Citi has the worst reputation in the banking industry - deservedly so.

These people are HORRIBLE!!! Like drug dealers, they entice you with that 0% knowing that most of the poor people who go for it will not be able to pay it off when the period ends. Then they get you for 30%!!! They use every sneaky way possible to void your 0% too, like changing the payment amount so that when I set up auto pay, the amount is off by a dollar or two and the whole 0% thing is gone. Why doesn't the Fed go after them for this. This is worse than the predatory lending scandal that went on in 2006.

Called Citibank last week to inquire about a temporary hardship due to an immediate family member passing away and we were out of work for 21 days with 7 of those days without pay. I have never, ever had anyone to be so rude. They refused to speak with me. Said they would have to speak with my spouse and my request would probably be refused even if I could issue a hardship request. I was blatantly told by the CSR, Giermo, there was nothing he could do and if I couldn't pay my bills why did I make them. I was appalled at his attitude. I voiced my opinion to him and he again said..."nothing I can do." Not a gratitude of "sorry for your loss", nothing. I am going to pay off this stupid card and I will never ever be caught using this card again or anything with Citibank. It's a shame Home Depot is part of Citibank. Shame on you, Citibank.

I received an offer to apply to a Citi Hilton cards last year with promotional offer to receive 75,000 Hilton Honors points after spending $2000 within next 90 days. After receiving approval, I made the required purchase but never received the points. Citi claimed they have a 24 months exclusion against existing cardholder and since I am an existing Citi cardholder, I do not qualify. I contacted customer service and they point me to the current online terms and conditions. They were not able to provide the original terms and conditions that I was subjected to at the time I submitted the application. If I knew about the exclusion I would not have apply for the card with Citi. Citi should post their exclusions more prominently to stop baiting customer to apply for their products. I no longer wish to be a Citi customer after this bait and switch experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

I applied online about a month ago for a Citibank account. Service was good until Wednesday Jan, 18th when I couldn't use my card. It was because I hadn't submitted a copy of my ID. Easy fix. Nope when I called back the next morning I found out my account had a hold on it and it was getting closed because I missed the deadline on the 15th. The lady to tell me this was rude and made it seem like it was my fault. She said I should have gotten an email about or a letter. I never got any. She lied about the email because someone else in her department said they just send the letter and no notice letting you know you need to send a copy of your ID. They claim they sent a letter a couple days after I applied.

I possibly believe them but I never got said letter and it is most likely because during the Christmas period when the post office has extra hands and mail gets to the wrong address. We received many neighbors mail and mail from across the town so it most likely got lost. But I never was notified by them that I needed to do so and I talked to them multiple times and fulfilled everything else. No one could not stop my account from being closed even if I faxed them my ID. If it is important to have they need to stress it, they even told me they don’t even give warnings or update you on said matter. They just hope you get the letter. Because of this I am without my money until they cut me a check for the remainder of my balance. But I won’t get that until the 2nd at the least because they have to wait until my account is closed. So I am broke until my next payday. Great.

Because of this my next paycheck might go to a closed account because of how brief this all happened. There should be no reason they can’t better inform their members on this matter. I could have arranged to make sure I get my next paycheck in time or faxed my ID in time. The people they hire are not allowed to remove a block on an account or stop an account from being closed because it’s all automated. There is not a whole lot they can do. This is a large bank they could do better.

Here's a timeline of events what happened all because of Citi Best Buy Credit Card Services did not do. We have been making monthly payments on a regular basis to pay off our debt, since 2003, when my job was abolished unexpectedly. Since then we have asked them to refinance the interest rate. We were met with resistance, so we decided to try to pay off it over time. My wife made a payment at the end of October from one of our bank accounts that was due around November 4th. We received a email from Best Buy Credit Card Services, that the bank had declined the payment because we closed the bank account at First National Bank. She made a payment right away online while we were talking with Credit Card Department on November 12th in the amount of $90.00.

On the next business day we contacted the Bank. They looked at the records and told us that Best Buy Credit Card Services did not make attempt to take the payment out. So we called Best Buy Credit Card Services to make sure that the payment was made on November 12th as the email indicated. On November 14th, I called them to make sure that the payment went through. I talked to a representative. They indicated there was $90.00 credited to our account on November 12th. I did not authorized any additional payment on November 14th to be withdrawn from the bank account.

Then around the 23rd of the month we received our bank statements. That is when we discovered that the payment had been taken out twice. I called on the next business day and talked to a representative named Marvin, I think that is what he told me his name was (English was not spoke very well by him) and told him that we wanted the money deposited back into our bank. The person assured it would be in 7 to 10 business days. When we made it clear that the next payment would not be made until the money was back in the bank.

We went on vacation we received a email that we had to call them as soon as possible. When we got back I called Citi Best Buy Credit Card Services. The representative that I talked to transferred me to a case supervisor who told us that a review team had decided not to return the money since the payment was past due. When I tried to explain that it was their fault due to not taking out the first payment, they insisted that we authorized it. I said that we didn't. And if we did we would have been given a confirmation number. They still insisted that the payment was 2 months behind but our November statement indicated no payment was due, probably that was because they withdrew an unauthorized payment on November 14th. At this point we became frustrated with their unwillingness to listen and cooperation. We said we were done making payments to them, since I felt with the inflated interest rate it was paid off.

All of this could have been adverted if they would have listened and have tried to work with us. We were willing up to that point to have kept paying them until we got to a point where we could pay them off in one lump sum. Update on January 12. I talked to Samantha who heard our request to review the phone records about what transpired on November. She said it would be 24 to 48 business hours before we would hear back from Citi Bank about it. On January 19th, we received a call from Citi Bank about our account. I was out at the time doing a Military Funeral. As soon as I returned home, called them back. First talked to a Chris. She said about us authorizing a payment. I tried to explain. The reason was due to them not taking out the payment first, and we did not authorize the second payment. She was persistent, that we did, so she transferred me to a Bill.

Bill said that they could do nothing since we made a online payment and then we called and made a payment over the phone. So I tried to explain as to why this happened. He basically said there is nothing they can do about it. They deemed it to be a non bank error, and still charged us a late fee for January 4th payment. We are disputing this because of the above information.

Was left stranded in another city due to the incompetence of these people shutting my card down saying I needed authorization to use my card. Mind you I have had my card 2 months and have made several big purchases. Then in order for them to verify it was me not only did I provide my information and security passcodes they needed to call a family member with the same last name!!! WTF. My father and that side of the family are deceased. They would not call my wife because she does not have the same last name. She has not changed it over yet due to the work she does and the hassle that will come with it.

I also change my phone number recently and I gave them my new number. They said they would text me a code while on the phone with them then flipped the script and said they cannot do that. I needed to fax a copy and get this ** a lease, my driver's license, social security card, utility bill, etc for them to lift the hold on my card! Mind you I've had my card 2 months. Just made a big purchase a week prior but now they want to put a hold on it. Thank god for my Discover card. I have had that card for over a year with not one problem. I will definitely be closing my Citi card.

I want to apply for a Citibank visa for a balance transfer. I went through the call center and they created an account before they would give me the credit limit. I wanted 14,000 but approved me for only 9,000 and I have a credit score in the 790-800 area. I told them I didn't want the card. To my utter frustration they said it was too late. I had the card and I couldn't cancel it until I got the card in 7-10 day. I tried the supervisor, no luck. They then transferred me to the Citibank customer service, as the call center doesn't work for Citibank. The bank itself would cancel the application/card.

They said, "You have to wait until the account is created before you can cancel it." What! This doesn't make any sense unless this is a scam worse than the Nigerian Prince scam. So now it's going to be on my credit report as a new credit card and increased limit on my lending limit, thus resulting in another company not allowing me get the 0% balance transfer. This is a Scam so they can open more accounts and not allow you to cancel or close them until the next month.

Several years ago new credit card laws went into effect. I was sent a letter from Citibank saying that they were increasing APR's across the board for all their low interest cards, even if you paid on time and had a perfect payment history. They gave you the option of closing the account and keeping it at the same low rate which for my accounts were 10% and 6%. Recently I called to make a payment and asked what my Apr was showing to make sure they weren't overcharging me. They both went up both 2%. Not much, however it was part of the agreement that they would stay fixed for the entirety of the pay plan. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she says, "I show your account was closed for delinquency". They act like I don't know what I am talking about. Has anyone else gone through this?

My forward card was the oldest of my credit card accounts. Had it with Citi for 7 years. A while ago they removed the 5% cashback on books/movies/restaurants, so I stopped using the card and spent most of the money on other cards. Then they just closed my card without any prior warning/communication. I am really pissed that they just don't care about the customers at all. My impression is the people at Citibank are just very ignorant and incompetent. You are better off having business with other banks.

I applied for a Citi credit card. With my credit scores I knew I would have been approved. However I got a decline letter in the mail. It stated that I had a delinquent remark on my credit report and this is why they declined my request. However I called them back and told them that there must have been an error. Customer service told me that I needed to contact the credit company.

About 2 weeks later I was approved for a 20K loan for a vehicle and was given my credit reports. None of the 3 credit reports I was given stated I had a delinquent remark on my credit and one of the reports was the report that they used. I called back and they told me that I could apply again and there was no way they could go over the previous application or do a manual review. I have 4 credit cards with a great credit score. I was declined for a false reason and they want me to reapply. Haha, I will make sure that I never do business with Citi bank as long as I am alive.

I have had CitiCard Mastercard for years. Never a problem with payments being credited properly. Love the reward points. Recently my card number was "lifted" and fraudulent purchases were made. Citibank caught the fraud immediately, notified me and verified the fraud, and overnighted me new cards. Additionally I was not going to be held liable for the fraudulent purchases. This all occurred in less than 24 hours. Who could ask for more?

I changed some information on my account after paying it in full on both Citibank cards in June 2016. Some time went by without any bills... no big deal didn't owe them anything. I get a call in December stating that I am overdue to the tune of 247.53 of which 136 was in late fees. Up to this point we had always paid before the due date and paid off on a regular basis. With an 850 credit rating you think they would cut us some slack. Anyway I thought the call may be scam so I refuse to deal with the caller and call the number on the back of the card. Yep... they had me as owing the money.

But here is where it gets interesting. They say they tried to contact me via email and phone as I was on paperless billing. I never asked for that, we don't do paperless for this very reason. They sent it to an old email that had been changed on the one account but not the other. They also suggested that I had either checked the box for paperless or had left the paperless OPT OUT unchecked when I created the account. What??? You mean it's my fault if you change my status for billing. They would not make any adjustment to the charges and would not fix my damaged credit. I had the offending card cancelled after paying them their blood money by bank debit card.

I've filed a consumer complaint with the government and I am writing my congressman to see if they can enact legislation to force credit companies to send a paper past due for any account over 30 days overdue. This will at least stop people from getting ambushed by these thugs. I would not recommend this company for any credit card... Use anyone else. The two supervisors I talked with apparently have no power to do anything. They are basically just US operators and have no real supervisor capacity.

The first credits card I ever got was Citi MasterCard 1993. Last month I decided to close my account with them. I called and close my account. My balance of $230 was also paid on 12/06. Today I get an email saying I have not paid them and my balance is $255.38. Which $25 late fee and $3.38 interest. After calling them and being on hold for a long time waiting for account manager and supervisors. They have no record of my payment. Calling my bank finding out that Citibank have refunded my payment at 12/12.

Calling them back and gave them information and requesting to refund my late fee and interest. They are telling me since my acct is closed they can't refund me. This is bad business. Their representatives are not able to help you, their account managers and supervisors are not more knowledgeable either. For me, the best is to close my account and pay them the unfair fees and hopefully be done with them. Something else I don't like about this business is the representatives ask your full social security number. How would I know this person is trustable to have my full social. I don't have to use their credit card, I won't.

I spoke today to one of the customer representatives of Citi credit card. They were so rude and put calls on hold for unnecessary reason and argue a lot. The name of customer representative was Kaur. I believe she should be immediately fired. She was so arrogant, it looked like that she was having a party and I disturbed her. So rude and so arrogant, I am thinking of giving gifts up Citi credit card now.

2 years ago I got a Citi Card Diamond Preferred account. When I open it the customer service representative told me that I would earn point with my purchases and I can use those point to be redeem with gift cards or merchandise. I have almost 4,000 points in which the only way I can use them is by buying even more stuff and just get a minimal discount as a form of a point. For example if I want to buy a hand lotion of $45 I only get a $5 dollar discount and I have to charge the rest to my account. What's the point then of collecting points if you can't use them all on the items you need. Plus I spoke with customer service and they don't allow you to convert those points into cash! In other words you are worse to buy more things with them in order to use your points. What a scam! They shouldn't advertise their card as a points/reward program. They should advertise as you only get discounts program.

Opened double cash card after buying a new house to pay for new kitchen and bath and have time to pay it off. We put it under my fiance's name and linked it to four accounts and 2 credit cards with same phone number he's had for 10 years. Got one letter to our house! Saying it's coming in a few days and another saying there's an issue with the card. We called citicards, they said no issue, disregard letter. So we get card, use it, nothing gets approved. So we call, they need to text him to verify him. But they can't because they don't have his number on file, even though it's the same number under his social security number used on all his other accounts! Two citicards reps says "nothing we can do. Bye." So we go back to the branch.

Personal banker doesn't get it either, but who cares. She met her numbers for the day right. So he's told to send in soc. sec. card, ID, a bill to new house to show new address (that they already mailed to) and it'll take 3 days. Apparently she couldn't email or fax it because it's been 3 days and now they say 5-7 then 2 more to verify but how will we know because they "don't have his number on file" and the banker never gets back to us. So in this 2 week nightmare, we had to pay cash and use monthly cards to pay for expenses we opened this card for!! Citicards is AWFUL!!! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE SYSTEM. If you do not have a million in your account. Citibank doesn't care about you.

Citibank insists on charging a late fee (which is really an early fee) because I paid my monthly bill too promptly. So they posted two payments in October and none in November. In trying to rectify the problem they have no system in place to correct their error and insist it is my problem for paying my bill too promptly!

So it is Christmas time and the credit card crooks are out! I not only understand the need for a fraud department but appreciate it however Citi has one of the worst I can think of. Things like "did you make purchase on October 25th" but it is now December 4th, why are they asking me this now? My wife and I both have a card but a demand for a guaranteed answer is immediate. I don't know about you but I don't know where I was for sure 6 weeks ago.

They called 7 times in less than 12 hours but when you call back it is not only a hassle but they provide an incorrect phone number (believe it. That is true. I still have the message). It is almost impossible to understand what many agents are talking about things are guaranteed to be fixed and you hang up and they are not to rude comments like "what do you want me to do about it?" Most are very pleasant but won't stop talking a mile a minute and telling me how they are there to help but help they don't. The calls just keep smoking in!

Their best suggestion is to not use the fraud alert service. Hey that makes sense! They are going to get things fixed but are not trained as to how to fix them. Don't complain as they will just freeze the cards. I could be like their reps and just keep going on and on but I think you get the idea, their customer service and fraud departments stink! Most would give up from here but I intend to write to the CEO and let he or she know my feelings!

I applied for a citi double rewards card, got approved and they said they mailed it out on Nov. 2nd. I waiting till the 20th. Nothing came in... so after thanksgiving I checked and nothing. I called them asking to resend. They were happy to, but needed to send my phone a text. Gave them my cell number. Then they said they couldn't use my number because their 3rd party thing said it wasn't registered to my name??? I've had this phone number for 5 years! (its straight talk, a tracfone company) They said they'll put my account on hold and review my account. Then call me back.

The next day I check my mail. My mail, the card FINALLY arrived (today on the 29th). So I called CitiCard's number and explain what happened and why I have a hold on my account. They tried the text thing with no go again. So they asked about my account number with them (I had the envelope with me at the time and gave them my account number). They lifted the hold and activated my card.

So then I proceeded to buy gifts for christmas online today about 10 a.m. and bought dinner with my card. Then I got a text. A TEXT!!! Saying I had fraudulent activities on my account!!! A TEXT!! And they can't verify my account because their 3rd party doesn't see the number registered on my name. So they said they'll hold my account till their team reviews the activity. They cannot verify any other way. I've asked them what I need to do because this number thing is the only way they verify and they can't give me any info. They need to come up with a better way to verify people. This is just a big circle and I wanted to use this card to get an early start on gifts for my kids.

My credit card application no. ** and applied for a Citi Reward card on 18-11-2016. After this I got an SMS with above said application no. Also got a call from CC to submit the necessary documents... But so far nobody called and no response... am totally deviated from CITI bank people. Please look into this and do the needful...

My fiancé and I have multiple credit cards accounts with CITI for years now. We recently refinanced a home and paid all of credit cards off in full. My fiancé called Citi and asked the associate should he make the payment now or what till we received the check and send the balance in full. He was advised since he was paying it in full to wait and send it when received. The associate said he was noting the account. No big deal. We now have a 30 day late showing on both our credit reports. When we called and spoke to a supervisor we were told to fax a written dispute and the call would pulled and it would be removed if that was what we were told. This dispute would take 7 days, so of course we called to check on it and he was told it was removed.

We thought we were good till I received a letter stating it wasn't removed. I called a spoke to another supervisor who told me it was removed. Until I told her I have a letter stating it is not. She then changed what she stated and said it wasn't removed. I asked if the call was listened to. Of course it wasn't. She said she would have the call pulled and will call me on 48 hours. I never received a callback. I have talked to many supervisor to count! Everyone of them promised to call me back and to pull the call. I never end received one callback. So I emailed the executive response unit. When you email that unit it sends a response that you will be contacted in 24 hours. That was on October 27th. On November 3rd I emailed again stating I have had no response from them still.

Finally the next day November 4th I received a call from Kevin, who stated he was trying to pull the call but was unable to pull any calls for that associate for that whole day. He would continue to try and call me Monday at noon. I waited for the call that never came. A week after that I called him only to be told since he cannot pull the call there is nothing they will do. As if that is our fault they cannot listen to the call. Mind you there is notes backing what Andrew was told. I ended up emailing the CEO Judson Linville. Andrew received a call the next day from Megan who advised she would do everything to resolve this issue by Friday.

He received a call from her today saying she has looked for the call for hours and cannot find it IF IT EVEN HAPPENED! You would think they would have someone with common sense call us! Absolutely the worst customer service and any escalated associate is a total idiot!!! We will never do any business with this company again. I wish I would have read all the reviews on them a long time ago!!! My call she cannot find is attached... I had already given them the date and time.

My THANK YOU PREMIER visa account got cancelled without any notice. I have always paid my bill on time, never late. Today when I try to make purchase online, got denied. I called up Citibank, a lady told me to write to ERU for the answer as she could not tell me the answer. She said the only way for me to find out the reason why my credit card account was cancelled is to write to ERU in Sioux Falls, SD. I have been with Citibank for over ten years, and the reason to have this premier card is that I can use my point to transfer to the Eva airline. I have to pay $99 for annual fee for this card. Anyone has similar experience like me? Now I want to close all my accounts with Citibank. I really do not like the way they treat their customers. Very bad experience.

I took out a Citi AAdvantage card (due to a popup promo while I was booking an American Airlines flight). The offer said I would get 40k free miles (enough for a free ticket) after spending X dollars in the next 90 days, and said I would get 2 free Admiral Club passes. After receiving the credit card (Mastercard), with a limit of $19,500 (I have good credit), I immediately set up automatic payments online. However, in classic CitiBank form, the first payment did not come out by automatic payment, even though I got a popup/message after I set up autopay that my November 2016 payment would be paid by autopay. Of course then, they charged me interest and late fees. I called immediately and spoke to a not-nice rep lady, but I made the payment over the phone on 11/14/16.

In the meantime, the day I made the payment, I received 2 calls from Citi's automated system telling me to call them; one of the calls at 6 am. The next morning, 11/15, I also received a 6 am call... although I made a payment the day prior. So I called again. The rep this time told me that she has a note I called on 11/14, but the person I spoke to never processed the payment. What the??? So I had her do the payment (again), and she emailed me a confirmation. Then I asked about the miles and the free passes. They transferred me to American Airlines, who said I need to talk to Citi, as it was their promo offer... so I got transferred back to Citi card... And then told "No, we don't see the promo on your account." I said, "Look it up, it's online... you advertise it all over. It's the reason I applied for the card. The popup ad pushing me to apply for the card offered all these great benefits -- free miles, Admiral Club passes, etc."

The lady I talked to this time (Maria) was not helpful at all! Basically told me "too bad; no promo for you." Unfortunately I did not take screenshots of the promo when I applied for the card, so I had no 'proof' that I was offered this 'deal', and they know it. So they scam you out of what you were promised. And the Citi executives bilked the American people out of billions of dollars at tax payer expense and float around on their yachts purchased with their 'bonus money' taken out of the pockets of hard working average folks, and then they even scam you on the little things! What a crock. I closed my account after my go-round on the phone with Maria and their refusal to honor the items I was promised, which is why I applied for and took out the credit card.

ANNOYED!... I have been a customer with this credit card for 11 years and have ALWAYS paid my card with most of the minimum payment. And one time the system void the payment, (maybe the internet signal, then inadvertently missed one (1) payment last month and they charged me a $25 late fee. I even looked at my records and had "checked off" that I paid it. I called and talked to a supervisor and they would not waive the fee. $25. After paying on time for 11 years. Citibank is the most horrible credit card about dealing with customer. I am waiting for a manager to call me back - this is ridiculous! I will be ending my contract and cancelled the card if they don't fix it. They are CROOKS... Don't open an account!! They are so many with better sense the keeping our business.

I have been a Citibank customer for over 50 years, first in NYC and now in Florida. For years I have been using the 3 check per page check book with "The Secretary" register. Because I pay most of my bills using Direct Access I usually run out of room on my register before I finish the checks... for which, by the way I paid an exorbitant amount of money. Last time I requested an additional register I received it free of charge. This time I was told it would cost $13. I agreed, because I didn't think I had a choice, and received it in a couple of days. Much to my shock my checking account was debited $22.72 because they sent it priority mail. I did not request this nor was it necessary.

After relating this to a friend I was told of a company, EGPChecks, that sold registers online. This was the first company I looked at but I am certain that there are many others. I went to their website and found the exact register, called "Desk Secretary". It cost $11.12 for 5 registers and shipping was free!!! They also provide checks that look identical to the ones that I ordered from Citibank.

Aside from kicking myself for not going online to begin with, here's the problem. Why would Citibank give their check printing business to a firm that overcharges their customers to this degree? Should not Citibank be getting commitments from its vendors that protect their customers instead of having that company fleece them like this?

As I said, I have been a customer of Citibank for over 50 years and for the most part I am satisfied with this relationship. This last episode has left a very bad taste in my mouth and concern about how much Citibank actually is looking out for their customer's best interest. I have shown loyalty to them but I cannot say it has been returned.

CitiCards are illegal, corrupt banking bullies. They illegally took unauthorized payments amounting to $5500 out of my account within 10 days. Then closed my account. They are reporting me to the credit bureau and impacting my credit score and what's more the funds were not yet applied to my balance and don't reflect as they hold them for 10 days as they consider them suspicious.

I have over the last two weeks attempted to set up my Citibank credit card online. I was having trouble with the security questions and attempted to call Citibank for help but have not been able to get any guidance from them. In the end I decided to close the account and pay off the balance on the credit card but again I am unable to get help from them.

I just cancelled my card. Two weeks ago, I got a fraud alert. It took four calls and an interminable wait to find get through. The customer service rep had difficulty comprehending the situation. I was taken aback. In the two weeks since, I had several reasons to call customer service again. Mostly it was about the delayed arrival of my replacement card. But there was another, lesser issue as well. Again, each representative had difficulty comprehending simple questions. At one point, I spoke to a supervisor. She, at least, could carry a conversation. Though she was apologetic, she could offer no solution. She was low level and powerless.

My sense is that CitiCard has undergone a rapid expansion and outsourced its customer service department. The representatives speak with a veneer of English, but it is a foreign language to them. I can't trust my credit rating to such an inept, flawed operation experiencing a troubled expansion. Obviously, CitiCard's internal problems are affecting business practices. Unfortunately, the corporation is offloading its problematic workings onto their clients.

CitiCard Company Profile