Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
3.44/5
Based on 1,018 ratings submitted in the last year

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

CitiCard Reviews

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

After almost 14 years of being a Citicard credit card holder. I decided to call it a day. Horrendous aggravating customer service, no follow through, mistakes on bill. There are too many other cards out there that value your business and that have knowledgeable customer service representatives. This company is a joke.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

My auto pay acc was changed and without my authorization exactly one day after an auto payment was processed. I called to make my payment, ask why they were trying to draft an auto payment from a bank acc that is not mine and that I didn’t change. I also needed the late payment fee waived as a courtesy.... again for something I did not do.

Well I was xfer 4 times, questioned, laughed at and hanged up on. I was treated as I was a liar and each agent made it difficult to work with. Those agents they hire in the Philippines are extremely rude, they talk over you all the time and they pretty much have a condescending attitude. I will be closing both of my Citi cards with them and pay off the balance as I refuse for this type of company keep on making money off of me.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I would think it's with all Citi credit cards. I made my payment on time, but it was posted to the account one day after the statement closing date. They charged me full interest, and did not care that I actually did pay on time. Or even tried to work with me. After all the time I've had this credit card, one issue that wasn't even my fault. No help, just ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Had a fraudulent charge. After my number was changed was still charged the amount. I always pay my credit card off and have excellent credit. I’ve called seven times and was given different answers every time. I think this Company will be in the news soon.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Citibank close my account with no reason, My payment history was 100%. Not a single payment missing since I have this card. No customer service help. I called two time to ask reason of close my account, then they I need to send them written request.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

If you purchase your airline tickets, hotels, cruise etc through a travel agency do not expect 3%! All you get 1%! Unless you buy directly from airline or hotel all you get is 1%. What makes it worse unlike many other cards Costco City Card gives no travel benefits (trip interruption, lost baggage etc. for ANY reason).

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I have been a CitiCard holder for over 12 years. Never had any issues with them. I have never missed a payment or anything negative. This past June we purchased tickets for a concert and the merchant ended up charging us double. So I called Citi because the merchant had a no refund policy. (3rd party crap). And Citi said to file a dispute. So I did.

For 4 months I went back and forth with Citi and their so called dispute team. I sent citi numerous letters, examples, and other things Citi asked me for to explain my case. Citi even charged me twice for the same charge. Not sure how that occurred. But after all of the crap they wanted, they sided with the merchant stating that, "the merchant has a no refund policy and they (Citi) couldn't get a payment from the merchant so it was their decision to go with the merchant on this case!!" I have never been so mad in my life. I see how important customers are to them. NEVER again will I do business nor recommend citi.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

My husband and I called about paying off $6800 on a Citi Diamond Preferred card. We had transferred the money and had a zero percent interest rate promo which had just expired a couple of weeks earlier. Unfortunately, we got hit with the interest charge of $59. While not a huge amount, my husband asked the representative if we paid off the card, would Citi remove as a courtesy the $59 interest charge. The rep said they usually do as a one time courtesy, but we would have to pay the balance first and then he would check with his supervisor. We did, he put us on hold for a minute or two while he checked with the "supervisor." It was denied. While Citi had no obligation to do so, it left us with a very bad taste since the rep had told us it's usually done.

We asked to speak with the "supervisor" who identified herself as "Lameisha" with an ID of **. We told her the situation and explained how disappointing it was given that he led us to believe that the $59 charge would be credited. We feel it was a very slippery technique. We will not be using this card and my husband will be putting his Costco Citi card in his wallet. He spends at least $8k per month. I would imagine Citi will be losing a lot more than $59 in transaction fees in one month, let alone two loyal customers. Very bad customer service.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

We have never once been late on a payment, never missed a payment, and yet for some reason, every month, our minimum due goes HIGHER. It should be going LOWER considering we are PAYING IT OFF, but no. And when you contact them they are the worst. All of their call centers must be based in other countries, and the understanding of their reps is minimal. They give you a run around and don't care about you at all as a customer. NEVER using them again, and going to get the balance off and just pay someone else.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I have an unresolved billing dispute of a counterfeit product from China which I have never received. I was bounced from one department to another, and the customer service is so poorly trained. First of all, no one is able to take a proper report. I called more than 10 times and had to repeat my story over and over. No one at CitiCard is able to take a simple, accurate report. Their level of incompetency is appalling. Once I was on hold for the billing dispute department for more than one hour. I had to hang up countless times because of the extreme long wait. Second, the billing department staff is totally inept. A supervisor promised they would provide the dispute result in 3 working days.

Today is the 12th day and I am still waiting. I just made my last final call, and again, I was transfer from department to department. Enough is enough! I am cancelling my CitiCard. Lastly, CitiCard has the audacity to charge a whopping annual fee of $95 for its egregious services. And as of 9/22/2019, Citi no longer provides product protection such as theft and stolen items purchased with the card. Caution to all customers: STAY AWAY from CitiCard to avoid all the unnecessary headaches.

CitiCard Company Information