Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
3.53/5
Based on 1,020 ratings submitted in the last year

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

1346 CitiCard Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I've been using the Advantage card for over 20 years now. I had a balance transfer with zero-interest for 12 months. I have set up an automatic payment but overlooked that it was due January 2019, today they charged me a total of $741.30 and I spoke to the Account Manager to see if I can pay the full amount and recover some of the interest charged but they refused. In other credit cards, they usually send notifications if the balance transfer promotion rate is expiring, in CTTI nothing like that happened and I was even blamed for not checking the statement monthly. Needless to say, they lost another valuable customer and I will not ever give them my business because compared to Amex Blue Card, Chase Sapphire, and Capital One's Cashback, Citi Advantage Card is was inferior and it sucks as far as rewards are concerned. Take my word for it.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

4 and half hours on the phone with this incompetent company. 6 different people in different departments. We got a new card in July then they made a new card in August with notification. We are traveling so never received the second card. Transactions were doubled on both cards even though the second card was never activated. Rang them to fix THEIR issues. 1.7 hr. Cancel new card and leave old one current. "Yes Sir your card will be OK till Oct 15." Next morning our card did not work!!!! Rang again. 1.5 hr later with multiple security issues (They wanted to send a letter A LETTER). We are not at home!!!!

We are now 1.2 hrs into the next call. WHY because they sent the new card to the wrong address even though my wife verified the address 3 times. The Fedex address tracking showed they had sent it to the wrong address. Now the Security guy can't access the account that 3 other Citibank's reps have been able to. I'm sorry but these people are border line incompetent. We are still on hold.... Still without an active credit card stranded in Florida.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I have had the card for a year or so, and roughly spend 3-4 k a month on it, and always pay it full. One payment was few $ short. It charged me interest for two consecutive months since that point, despite being paid in full for two month. Citi customer service says that's the agreement! It made me feel duped! I won't keep the card, as it's not necessary and I have better options.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I was told I had been selected to try a a set of custom made Fairway Woods and as a bonus for rating them online I got to keep a driver. If I wanted to keep the woods I would need to pay $159 each and could still keep the driver. I have Callaway Big Bertha Fairway Woods, and a Ping custom fit driver that I already love, but I thought, hey why not check them out. I agreed, and the person asked for a credit card to keep on file which is normal considering they were sending me the clubs and what if I didn't receive them? The salesman, charged my card for all of the clubs and when I called to ask how to send them back they kept telling me I needed a code and hard selling me new items.

They said the salesperson mistook the 45 no questions asked money back guarantee as a the same thing as trying the clubs for free. They finally gave me a code to send back the clubs but I never got my money, and disputed the charge. The vendor sent Citi a picture of a FedEx box stating the clubs were dropped at my house, not even signed for and they said because I gave the vendor my card number they could have charged me anything they wanted and it was my fault because I didn't get something in writing contrary. This is the worst credit card company ever. I cancelled my cards because they are horrible. I still have not received my refund, and the bank reversed my dispute. I even showed the 4 page BBB report of people complaining about the same issue.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Recently I just got back from my cruise. I realized it the Cruise Line put a credit hold that had not falling off. So after about seven days I called the bank and they told me that the holds would not fall off for 30 days which I thought was a bit crazy. So I contacted the cruise line and then the cruise line and I contacted the bank so the cruise line could give authorization numbers to the bank to manually release the holds the bank said no. Never have I dealt with a Bank they didn't go out of their way to help their customers.

I'm providing all the information that they would need to perform this but yet they stick to their new policy of 30 days and tell me no. I asked if there's anything that can be done and after speaking to several managers and back and forth they all say no. When I went with Citibank I was under the impression this was a Great Bank to be a part of and they had great customer service. Although they sound nice on the phone they don't help you resolve issues such as this. Leaving you stock with huge authorization hold on your card and even if the merchant calls and says, "Take them off. Here is the proper authorization numbers to do so" they still say no so as you can tell I'm a little upset by this because not knowing that this was a normal thing or not.

I contacted my other credit card company Capital One and they laughed when I told them what was going on. They said on Capital One cards it would fall off 72 hours after the hold was placed and it can be done earlier if the merchant calls if needed. So don't be fooled by Citibank. If you want true customer service I suggest Capital One. They hang in with a customers and go out of their way to help you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

As soon as I received my card, I went online to set up my online account. Their online system must have been glitching, because I input my information correctly and it was telling me that my information did not match their records. I called customer service to get help setting up my online account. They were able to send me a text message, verify my identity, and help me set up my online account. After using my card twice a fraud alert was put on my account and my card was locked down. I called customer service about the alert and they were now unable to send me a text message to verify my identity, which I do not understand, because they had just sent me one in order to help me set up my online account.

I have to wait 5-7 more business days, which is looking like it will be about a week and a half, because of the weekends and Memorial Day, just to get a letter in the mail and call them back with the information on the letter to confirm who I am so that they can unlock my card. This has not been a good experience in my opinion at all. Previous to this their employees failed to input my mailing address correctly 4 different times. They rather listen to themselves and say I understand. However DO NOT PROVIDE solution for us customer even though their company is in the wrong. It makes no sense how this company doesn't return calls, resolve issue or has good customer but makes each customer suffer. It's not okay and something should and needs to be done.

I've requested over 4 times to file a complaint and have someone from the executive department that has value understanding and can solve issue their company creates to where the customers are satisfied!!! I still haven't received a response in. Regards to any request. Honestly I want to know if we have legal rights? No company should be able to continue to treat customers this way and give the I don't care attitude and you have no choice but to deal with our rudeness. I understand that they want to protect my account, but the card was literally just activated minutes prior to receiving the fraud alert. If they looked in their notes, maybe they would be able to see that.

Additionally, they sent a text to my phone to verify who I am in order to help me get into my online account (mind you, minutes prior to receiving the fraud alert on my new online account) and all of the sudden were unable to send a text to my number. The card was just activated. There is no way that any charges of any kind were made to the card at that point. I just wish their customer service would understand that and dig a little deeper into their notes to see what is actually going on. Mind you their customer service people are foreign, which probably doesn't help. Now, I'm stuck waiting for about another two weeks just to use this card and I am halfway tempted to cancel it already.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Requested older (2017) statement. Received email from CitiCard that it is now available for viewing. It isn't. Tech support says it's because I'm using Chrome browser and must switch to Edge. I do... Still not viewable AND NO FAILSAFE MEANS OF PROVIDING THE STATEMENT (email or snail mail). All the above with Windows 10. One hour of my time wasted. Heaven forbid I try this on a machine with W7. EXTREME DISAPPOINTMENT with CITICARD.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

The app doesn't let me to give 0 stars. For the bank of these kind I would give a big zero. I have been a customer for 10 months and when I opened the account I have requested for a credit like of 5k and these ** gave 500 and you guys would be shocked by my score. It's 740+ and these dumb ** gave that limit. When I complained about this they responded in a very rude and horrible manner. But since I have the card and my usage is way too much I used to pay like 3 to 4 times in a single month because I only have a limit of 500 and I have made every payment on time and before time. They never increased my limit and finally after 10 months when I tried to increase the limit when my score is over 700 and the answer is no.

What the ** is this? So these ** will increase the ** limit after a year so they can make ** money on the APR. ** you Citi. I will make sure no account is opened from my family and friends and if they have a account I will make sure they close the account and I want to make enough damage to them. St least they have to lose couple of hundred customers. Please don't open this bank account. These blood suckers will only make money on customers. They don't even the value of customers and don't know how to respect them. I am telling these things from experience. After reading all these still you want to open an account please go ahead and experience yourself.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Citibank is enrolling customers to receive online statements without customer consent or knowledge, conveniently before promotions expire. I'm old, paper statements are a reminder that helps me pay my bills. Paper statements also remind me of expiring promotional offers. I have been a Best Buy card holder over 9 years, in that time I have never made a late payment or payed an interest charge. I noticed that I was not receiving my monthly statements. I called customer service and asked why I have not received a bill, the rep mentioned that I signed up for paperless statements online. I explained that I never signed up for paperless statements and he insisted that I did. I requested that feature be removed from my account so that I can go back to my paper statements.

I called Citibank again because 23 days passed and I did not receive a statement. I asked to speak to a supervisor to assure that I receive statements again. The supervisor confirmed that Citibank was going to send me the statements. Something felt off, I asked the supervisor if I had any expiring promotions and she mentioned that one was due in October 2019. I asked the supervisor if had missed any promotions and she said yes. Seven promotions expired and accrued over 2100 in interest. The rep mentioned that she could waive the most recent charge of 200 dollars but the other interest charges I would have to pay. The rep did not understand how the request for online statements was made.

I have never logged on to Best Buy/Citibank website to purchase goods or make payments. There is no record of a user name or password being created. I know that it is my responsibility to stay on top of my bills but I think that it is unfair for a bank to do this. I strongly believe that statements were not sent on purpose. I was not able to see the the interest being charged for the expired promotions and the monthly balance interest.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I have loved using my Citi Simplicity card, so I thought I would open a checking and savings account with Citibank, and it has been my WORST banking nightmare. They currently have all of my money frozen in my checking/savings accounts, and I have been denied access to any funds. I cannot even log in on any device including the internet browser to view any activity that has occurred on MY accounts with MY money.

After being on the phone for almost an hour with no information given, I was told to call back on Monday because there is no one working in that department at this time (this was during normal scheduled business hours - I called at 6:00 pm and the person on the phone said they should normally be there until 8:00 pm but they are not today). Just my luck, eh? I intend to close both of these accounts, and continue on my merry way using no other product Citi provides besides the Citi Simplicity card I have had no issues with. BEWARE!!!!

CitiCard Company Information