Find a Credit Cards partner

3. Credit Cards

3.8/5 (1471 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About CitiCard

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

CitiCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Using Citicard Visa is so convenient to use. It is tied to my Costco account so it is covers the majority of my purchases. When using Citcard Visa I get an additional two years of protection on my appliances and electronics. Having my photo and chip on the card makes me feel there is more security and I have never had this card refused anywhere I shop at home or while traveling.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I would give Citibank and in particular Citicard even higher than 5 stars if I could. They are that good. I purchased an large, inflatable swimming pool for the backyard in May 2020, hoping, as many people did, that we could use it as an antidote to the general restrictions of the Covid-19 pandemic. The seller turned out to be in China (although that's not always a bad thing), and this wasn't apparent from their website. When I finally received their product (which I suspect took so long because they didn't manufacture it or buy it from the manufacturer until I bought it), it was the wrong size (smaller).

A few months later, after wrangling with the seller online (to no avail) and with PayPal (lots of promises of help, but ultimately no help in getting a refund), I contacted Citicard... and received lots of help, good, professional help. I submitted the requested documentation online (easy with their online systems), was issued a provisional refund after review, and waited for the seller to respond to them. The seller essentially refused the return shipment, then lied and said they hadn't received it. Citicard told me my claim was denied and the refund cancelled, but offered me a chance to submit additional supporting documentation regarding the return shipment, which I did.

After a review of the additional documentation, they reinstated the provisional refund, contacted the seller and must have said, essentially, "How do you explain this?" One month later, the provisional refund became permanent. When no one else will help you and you're about to see over $600 go down the drain, having Citicard on your side is a lifesaver. When their webpages say, "How can we help?" it's not just an advertising slogan. They helped when no one else would.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I've had the Citicard for over 20 years. I've never had an issue with it being accepted anywhere. When there have been fraudulent charges, which happens more than I would like, they have been prompt in reversing the charge. I can think of only one time where I ended up getting screwed on a fraudulent charge, and that was more the function of a deceptive vendor with very very small print. Overall I am happy with the card.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

The Citibank Costco credit card is our go-to choice for most purchases because of its superior casback benefits. While these are, of course, best for purchases at Costco, they are excellent most everywhere else: 4% at gas stations, 3% at restaurants, and 2% on everything else. The cash back is best used at Costco, but can very easily be used as true "cash back" from any Costco PoP. Even better, cash back rewards can be doubled on most Costco purchases with an Executive Membership that pays for itself many times over. Billing is clear, accurate, and efficient, both online and by paper mail. We have never had an issue of any sort with the handling of our account.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Citi Double Cash credit card is the best! You get 1% cash back on all purchases and then 1% back when you pay your balance. The only thing that could make it better is for Citi to raise the cash back percentage to 3% or more. Maybe for those folks that pay their balance in full every month or charge a certain monthly amount, for example.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

DON'T GET A CARD FROM CITI. 40+ days to get a card from them. Lies after lies and excuse after excuse. Now they want to mail a check in 21 days... But they can't get a card to me in 40. Stay away. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Opened this Citi Card to increase my card options a few months ago and I have not been able to log in online without having to reset my password. Every time I try to log in I have to reset it and several times I have had to call to get a reset. WHY? So they can try to sell me something. What a waste of MY time. I am going to pay this card off and will never have a Citi product again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Getting a Citibank credit card was the worst mistake of my life. They keep declining my transaction and blocking the card and when you call them to unblock, they ask you 1 million unrelated questions. They need to change their system and hire new employees.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

When Costco departed ways with American Express and went with Citi Bank, my balance was automatically transferred to Citi. All payments continued to be made on time and exceeding the minimum required, if not paid in full. Fast forward to today: When my refrigerator died, I found one at Costco that would meet my needs. I called Citi to request a credit limit. Fully expecting not to be a problem, I was floored when my request was denied. Customer service could not give me a straight answer as to WHY.

My credit rating with them through Equifax was 802, which accordingly is recognized as exceptional. This was also the score range I maintained before losing my job and incurring medical bills beyond my ability to re-pay, resulting in being forced into bankruptcy. I paid the price for 10 years and expected that my previous excellent credit history would once again be re-established. HOW WRONG I WAS WHEN IT CAME TO CITI BANK, unlike all others. Upon being denied and further research and communication, I was told it was because there had been a bankruptcy which no longer applied (past the 10 year mark). It was no longer included in my credit history; - OR WAS IT?

With CitiCard it MOST CERTAINLY IS STILL A DETERMINING FACTOR WHEN CREDIT OR CREDIT LIMITS ARE REQUESTED. I'm told they still see it AND they base their decision on granting or denying credit ON THIS CRITERIA. No exceptions. It's not possible to correspond by e-mail on these matters; so, I wrote a letter to Janet Fraser, CEO and mailed it to her corporate office in New York City. I'm also certain she, herself, never read my letter, but her "team" did. This is when I received a call and the gentleman explained WHY they refused my request. NOTHING CHANGED.

All in all, it's good to know that unlike other financial institutions, Citi Bank chooses to penalize a person for life and refuses to look beyond the past, OR even recognize the (excellent credit history) PRE-bankruptcy period in one's life. Citi Bank sets their own criteria disregarding federal guidelines that other financial entities abide by. If it weren't for taking a ding on my credit score by lowering the ratio of credit usage to availability, Citi Card would be the first card I would choose to close. Sadly, it would again serve as a penalty if I closed this account. Something is terribly wrong with HOW our system works.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I've been a Citicard member since 2006. That's 15 years without a single missed payment until I changed my auto-pay amount and was unaware it didn't go through! That one time last month a payment was 8 days late! The amount was promptly paid the when I realize what happened. Instead of recognizing my superior record with Citi they decided to be an ** about it and cut my entire credit line on both card thus severely damaging my credit score!

I just paid off one card they now owe me five dollars! My credit was reviewed by an "Automated Consumer Interview System" via Equifax. A STUPID computer bot decided I should have my credit cut off! REALLY! Since my Equifax Report is Frozen I'm not sure where they conjured up this nonsense. I've just gone through every line of my credit report and there is nothing I repeat nothing derogatory to prompted you to do such a hideous thing.

When I called them no one wanted to take responsibility and there was no one connection with this to speak with. CITICARD reviews by using an "Automated Consumer Interview System." 15 years of credit history gone because of artificial intelligence, And I use that term loosely! A computer bot decided I should have my credit cut off! I want to let everyone know about Citicard's egregious behavior and the treatment of the senior clients. When considering an credit card for your business or personal use, this is not the one to choose, there are many other companies that value their long-standing clients. CITICARD IS NOT ONE OF THEM…

CitiCard Company Information