2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5
Based on 1,541 ratings submitted in the last year

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

CitiCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I would give Citibank and in particular Citicard even higher than 5 stars if I could. They are that good. I purchased an large, inflatable swimming pool for the backyard in May 2020, hoping, as many people did, that we could use it as an antidote to the general restrictions of the Covid-19 pandemic. The seller turned out to be in China (although that's not always a bad thing), and this wasn't apparent from their website. When I finally received their product (which I suspect took so long because they didn't manufacture it or buy it from the manufacturer until I bought it), it was the wrong size (smaller).

A few months later, after wrangling with the seller online (to no avail) and with PayPal (lots of promises of help, but ultimately no help in getting a refund), I contacted Citicard... and received lots of help, good, professional help. I submitted the requested documentation online (easy with their online systems), was issued a provisional refund after review, and waited for the seller to respond to them. The seller essentially refused the return shipment, then lied and said they hadn't received it. Citicard told me my claim was denied and the refund cancelled, but offered me a chance to submit additional supporting documentation regarding the return shipment, which I did.

After a review of the additional documentation, they reinstated the provisional refund, contacted the seller and must have said, essentially, "How do you explain this?" One month later, the provisional refund became permanent. When no one else will help you and you're about to see over $600 go down the drain, having Citicard on your side is a lifesaver. When their webpages say, "How can we help?" it's not just an advertising slogan. They helped when no one else would.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

The Citibank Costco credit card is our go-to choice for most purchases because of its superior casback benefits. While these are, of course, best for purchases at Costco, they are excellent most everywhere else: 4% at gas stations, 3% at restaurants, and 2% on everything else. The cash back is best used at Costco, but can very easily be used as true "cash back" from any Costco PoP. Even better, cash back rewards can be doubled on most Costco purchases with an Executive Membership that pays for itself many times over. Billing is clear, accurate, and efficient, both online and by paper mail. We have never had an issue of any sort with the handling of our account.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2020

This card provides lots of rewards not only by using it at Costco but anywhere. It gives you points that are turned into money that you'll get once a year in February so you have the whole year to use it and then have some cash money to use in whatever you want. Their phone app is also great, super easy to use and with lots of tools to administrate your credit line in the best shape. I've had many other credit cards in the past and this one is highly recommended!

Original review: July 22, 2020

Got my CitiCard via Costco. It send me a check and Costco send me a check to use in Costco. I use the US Bank card that is with Harley Davidson. I tend to use the Citi more. I was at a meeting in DC for the minority. They raise a question on CC and I raise my hand and was ask to speak. Pretty much I said, use a card that pays you back not in points. (I still will turn down points reward due I do not shop at what they say. Not LL Bean or others they promote.) Use the card that rewards you with a check.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Citibank is great! They even have a savings account that if you put in $25,000 everything is free and you get .60% interest that’s better than my bank now. I had a hacker one time when I got on AAA site and booked a vacation and Citibank was right on it. With my help, we shut the Hacker down the same day that they started. They overnighted me my new MasterCard because I told him that I was going out of town in three days. So what I’m saying is that you couldn’t ask for better service, you couldn’t ask for better events that were taken care of. Citibank also has an interest rate around 14%.

Original review: April 10, 2021

It's been almost a month and I STILL don't have my new card. 762 credit score and got approved for $6,000, but approval took approximately two weeks since they called the wrong number and couldn't verify me by phone. Wait 7-10 days for letter to verify my identity. Then wait 7-10more for the card. Card arrived and would not work. They told me it was defective and I'd have to wait for a new one. Would not give me any information over the phone due to me not having another account with them or home phone? How is this the only way you can verify my identity in 2021? So everything had to be done by old fashioned mail.

New card arrives, but it turns out the first one was fine, instead they had placed a BLOCK on the card for fraudulent activity. All I did was try to take out $100 cash and get gas. What is fraudulent about that?? It was an additional 7-10 days waiting for another letter to verify my identity. It came, I called, they said, "Oops we sent the wrong letter, you'll have to wait another 5-7 days for another letter to verify who you are before we can unlock the card." This is insane! To add insult to injury the customer service sucks! I've never called a company and EVERYONE I talked to was rude or impatient. Found myself telling the clerk to "have a good day", isn't that her job? I read the horrible reviews on this card/bank and wish I had listened. You've been warned. Don't mess up your good credit with these guys.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I applied for the Citi Premier MasterCard. I have flawless credit and FICO scores ranging from 835 to 850. I have no debt except for about 150k on a house worth $800,000. We have no balances on any credit cards, including a Citbank Double Cash MC which we've had for over a decade. We pay off our credit cards every month and have for the past 35 years. Income is $230,000/year. Assets are several million. I was declined due to having applied for another credit card the same day. We wanted two travel cards with one as a backup, hence the second application. Note that this is the first time in over 7 years we've applied for credit.

After we complained to the company, they finally agreed to open an account, but made the limit 2000. This is ridiculous. The requirement for the bonus points for this card is that you spend 4000 to earn them. Kind of tough to do with a lousy 2000 limit! Why they treat long-time, loyal customers like us so poorly is beyond me. Their policies are ludicrous and a 2000 limit is like a joke - what use is a card with this tiny little limit? We are closing ALL of our Citibank accounts immediately. We get treated MUCH better by Chase. We are DONE with Citibank. PERIOD.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I signed up for a AAdvantage card because the Citibank advertisement said I could have an immediate $200 credit when paying for my airline seats right then with my new card. This was not the case. I was approved almost instantly for a nice line of credit. The only information I received was the approval amount and the last 4 of my new card number. I had to pay for my seats my Capital One Venture card. I spent near 2 hours on the phone. Neither CitiBank or the Airlines could provide me the new card number as promised, to pay and receive a $200 credit. I will cancel this card prior to them charging me the annual $99 fee.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Today is March 28 Sunday 2021. I was online purchasing to book a flight and I use my Costco Citibank credit card. They block my card, they think it’s fraud, so I called the customer service to let them know it’s not fraud. First call the customer service department said they reset my card and I can use it purchasing online, they still block my card!! I called back again second time, different customer service rep answered me and she said they can not do anything but they will send me letter thru mail to verify my identify. I said really??? I’m so mad and furious. I said I will call back in 1 hour later .. I called back 3rd time thinking maybe different customer service rep can help, but no, nobody can help me, this customer service rep she’s so rude that she said, "I can not do anything for you, you can not use your card because we block your card until we verify your identify thru mail in letter." ???? How long is that I have to wait????

Original review: March 19, 2021

I wish I could give 0 or less stars. Very lousy customer service. If you can even get someone on the phone, you can't understand what the agent is saying due to very poor signal quality and very, very THICK foreign accent. It was nearly impossible to communicate to them that I had received a fraudulent check with Citibank's name on it. It was a nightmare. They give you no other option for communication except by phone.

Then not even a week later I received an email promotion. I was suspicious, but there was no way to communicate this by email because....THEY DO NOT HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS. WHAAAT? And I'm not willing to talk on the phone any more. No, I have lost my trust in Citibank and will not do business when it is this much trouble. Will be cancelling my card soon because I don't trust it.

CitiCard Company Information