Find a Credit Cards partner

3. Credit Cards

3.9/5 (1491 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About CitiCard

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

CitiCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Using Citicard Visa is so convenient to use. It is tied to my Costco account so it is covers the majority of my purchases. When using Citcard Visa I get an additional two years of protection on my appliances and electronics. Having my photo and chip on the card makes me feel there is more security and I have never had this card refused anywhere I shop at home or while traveling.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I would give Citibank and in particular Citicard even higher than 5 stars if I could. They are that good. I purchased an large, inflatable swimming pool for the backyard in May 2020, hoping, as many people did, that we could use it as an antidote to the general restrictions of the Covid-19 pandemic. The seller turned out to be in China (although that's not always a bad thing), and this wasn't apparent from their website. When I finally received their product (which I suspect took so long because they didn't manufacture it or buy it from the manufacturer until I bought it), it was the wrong size (smaller).

A few months later, after wrangling with the seller online (to no avail) and with PayPal (lots of promises of help, but ultimately no help in getting a refund), I contacted Citicard... and received lots of help, good, professional help. I submitted the requested documentation online (easy with their online systems), was issued a provisional refund after review, and waited for the seller to respond to them. The seller essentially refused the return shipment, then lied and said they hadn't received it. Citicard told me my claim was denied and the refund cancelled, but offered me a chance to submit additional supporting documentation regarding the return shipment, which I did.

After a review of the additional documentation, they reinstated the provisional refund, contacted the seller and must have said, essentially, "How do you explain this?" One month later, the provisional refund became permanent. When no one else will help you and you're about to see over $600 go down the drain, having Citicard on your side is a lifesaver. When their webpages say, "How can we help?" it's not just an advertising slogan. They helped when no one else would.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I've had the Citicard for over 20 years. I've never had an issue with it being accepted anywhere. When there have been fraudulent charges, which happens more than I would like, they have been prompt in reversing the charge. I can think of only one time where I ended up getting screwed on a fraudulent charge, and that was more the function of a deceptive vendor with very very small print. Overall I am happy with the card.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

The Citibank Costco credit card is our go-to choice for most purchases because of its superior casback benefits. While these are, of course, best for purchases at Costco, they are excellent most everywhere else: 4% at gas stations, 3% at restaurants, and 2% on everything else. The cash back is best used at Costco, but can very easily be used as true "cash back" from any Costco PoP. Even better, cash back rewards can be doubled on most Costco purchases with an Executive Membership that pays for itself many times over. Billing is clear, accurate, and efficient, both online and by paper mail. We have never had an issue of any sort with the handling of our account.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Citi Double Cash credit card is the best! You get 1% cash back on all purchases and then 1% back when you pay your balance. The only thing that could make it better is for Citi to raise the cash back percentage to 3% or more. Maybe for those folks that pay their balance in full every month or charge a certain monthly amount, for example.

Original review: July 18, 2021

Opened a Platinum Select Credit Card account to get a discounted fare on an airline ticket plus 40K airline miles after spending $3,000 in first 3 months. It took 11 days for the card to arrive. After charging the first $1,000 my card started getting declined. I attempted to reactivate card after reviewing charges on the app but was told I have to call. I called and was told my phone numbers were not associated with the account and so they could not send a reactivation code. The phone numbers were accurate and are still associated with the account.

The calls were taken from someone's house in a foreign country. Phone reception was horrible and they could not elaborate on reason for not reactivating and would not put a supervisor on the line. I was told I would have to wait for a physical letter to arrive to reactivate. They are making it very difficult to get my bonus miles. I am very disappointed in Citi in just 3 weeks of holding the card. I will continue to post as the experience continues. As of right now I wouldn't bother with their incentives and would not recommend their cards or services.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I've had this credit card from Citi Card, through Costco for a few years. When I didn't review the Costco account, Citi Card closed the credit card. A few months ago, Citi Card turned off the online access to the account and ability to make online payments. The only way to make the payment was call in or mail. I called in each month to make my payment. In March I made 2 minimum payments and received a "0" payment due for April. In May I paid the complete account in full. This month I received a bill for interest on the account. When I called them I was told they never received a payment for April and the interest would continue until two months after the final payment. This sounds crazy. Why would I be charged for interest on an account that is at "0" balance? I would not recommend CitiCard to anyone! The account has been closed and now paid in full, please stop charging me interest!

Original review: June 7, 2021

Back when the pandemic first hit, I started to figure how I was going to pay my bills. I called a couple of credit cards and they all worked with me to Defer my payments. When I called Citibank, it was just like the rest. Then the 3 months expired and that is when the chaos started. The other banks only charged me Interest and started up my monthly payments. But Citibank after the 3 months, just piled up all the payments and requested the entire 3 months all at once. I tried to call the Customer Service line but that was like talking to ROBOTS. All they continued to say " This is what you owe." I tried to explain what all the other banks provided.

I then wrote a letter to their new CEO, Jane Fraser. That was like once again talking to her Customer Service team. I would get a response from THE EXECUTIVE team with exactly the same response as I already had. By the time they closed my accounts, they wanted almost $6,000.00 from my normal payments of about $300.00. One of Ms Fraser Executive team called me and we went over the issue. She advised me that she would look into my inquiry and get back to me within 24 hours. After 24 days.... I called her back & had to leave a voice message. Great Customer Service. So at the end of all this, Citibank ruined my credit by sending all 3 accounts to collection agencies. Also sent late notice to all 3 Credit Agencies. Then they closed all my accounts. So Thank you Citibank for ruining my Credit.

Fast Forward to last month, I had to wait almost a year to get anyone to re-finance my mortgage. We closed on May 19, 2021 & received all the checks the next day. I immediately went to the Post Office to mail out the checks ASAP. Over the next couple of days, I continued to monitor my accounts to ensure the checks were applied and my accounts were all ZERO. Well as you can imagine, everyone received the payments on or before May 24, 2021. On June 4, 2021, my Citibank account still had a balance. I called & gave them the date the check was cashed & that here is the big surprise, the company that did our refinancing used CITIBANK and their bank. So check was drawn on Citibank, sent to Citibank and can not be found.

Today (June 7, 2021) I called Citibank to ask why my account has not been credited from May 24, 2021 when the check was cashed. Here is the latest, "We can not find the check and are you sure it was cashed by Citibank." I once again gave them all the information from the back of the check to help them. Now they are sending me a form to fill out to get money that should have been in my account almost 2 weeks ago. I think this is a shame that they can give me this response, going from Citibank to Citibank. I am guessing someone that works for Citibank is now $5,140.00 richer. I am not backing off that comment since you can not tell me that within 2 weeks, 3 phone calls & out that amount of money that no one can find.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Citibank alerted my account because of "suspicious purchases." The suspicious purchases in question were a payment to my health insurance and to my Apple account. At their direction, I called the fraud department 3 times and was subsequently hung up on 3 times. I had a fraud alert a few weeks earlier and didn't get a single native or even proficient english speaker. On one call I had to hang up as the English was so bad, I assumed I must have called a fraudulent number. While their customer service used to be excellent is has fallen to abysmal levels and I would strongly not recommend doing business with Citicard.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I cannot believe anyone has given this company a good review. When I called regarding problems with my linked airline account, I spent ONE HOUR AND A HALF...and the issue was not resolved. Their reps don't understand English! Good luck trying to do anything with them! Who needs this - am going to change my credit card company.

CitiCard Company Information