Find the Best Card

Find the Best Card

Save and Earn Rewards - Compare Cards Side by Side

Learn More

1294 CitiCard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 15, 2019

I can’t begin to express my disappointment with Citi’s Dispute dept. I have contacted them several times re: fraudulent activity from Bliss-shinehair.com. I purchased a sample of Derma Joie face cream in Nov. 2018, paying S&H of $5.96. In Dec. a charge for $93.80 appeared on my Citi charge for a hair serum that I never received. I have contacted Citi several times and had one rep tell me that Citi was onto these fraudulent companies who prey on consumers during the holidays. Citi continues to believe the “compelling evidence” of this company that insists I received their hair serum. Big fat lie! After all the blogs I have read and Citi is also privy to their info... it astounds me that they take the side of sneaky and fraudulent companies. I plan to cancel my card and spread the word about Citi. Would give zero star review if possible!

Original review: March 6, 2019

One of the actual worst CC's I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing things with. I had FRAUD on my card, which happened across ALL my Credit Cards, Discover, Elan, and my Credit Union Card, and all charges were the EXACT same, and yet Citibank was the only ones to try to tell me it wasn't fraud, and rejected my dispute. Their system is antiquated, their employees, including the 'Presidential Unit' all lie and deceive you, and they had my old address until 'October' when I moved before JUNE. They told me multiple times they would rereview and get back to me, email me, call me, etc, and NOTHING was ever done. They then sent me a letter stating I am no longer allowed to contact them and keep hanging up on me.

This company is made of scammers, money thieves and heartless people. They literally ruined my amazing credit and now I cannot even co-sign on a Mortgage for my own house!!! $1900 in Fraud and they think it's me??? The worst, most bigoted company out there, and they should be reported to the Attorney General as well as the Better Business Bureau. They've got quite a few lawsuits coming their way.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have had my Citibank credit card paid automatically in full each month through Paytrust, an online bill paying service. If ability is received, it is always paid. Citibank did not submit a statement for January and then called stating the account was past due. I was unable to speak with a service representative. Paytrust Indicated on their website that Citibank has a new way of retrieving statements through Citibank's and I had to provide my log in the information to retrieve the bill. This change in Citibank procedure resulted in a late fee and interest charge which is a result of their policy, possibly a calculated move on their part to 1) force people into electronic billing, and 2) Collect unwarranted late fees and interest charges.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I just had the most horrendous experience with one of your "customer service" representatives. I was attempting to make my payment online this evening and was unsuccessful with accessing my account (not the first time unfortunately). However, I was able to log in via the mobile app but it was past 9 and your system was updating. For the last 2 hours I tried calling customer service numbers only to reach a recording (so I thought) which stated to call back in 2-4 hours. This happened on all 3 of the calls I placed to the number located on the back of my card. Finally I reached someone from your banking institute and she informed me those were live people (not recordings!) reciting the callback message and I learned the representatives just hung up on customers because they can't access accounts during your updates!

At this point she passes me over to a representative who had the audacity to lecture me about how I should pay my bill before 9 pm and it would be considered timely! I've never had a late payment and it is very disappointing to realise the extremely poor treatment your organization offers. From the terrible online experiences (both website and app) to the horrible representatives, this experience has been so awful I will be closing my account immediately. I truly hope CITI invests in more logical/user-friendly and convenient app. In addition, I strongly recommend you raise the bar with your staff you elect to hire and invest in the customer service training that is desperately needed. After all they are a representation of just who Citibank really is.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Sears/Citibank claims I signed up for a promotional balance. For over 8 years I have my bills set up on auto pay. My minimum balance was 97.00 but I paid 200.00 on auto pay because I had a 5000.00 one time purchase from Carnival Cruise ship. Nearly two years after the cruise I received notification from this bank accusing me of being in default of some promotional balance I did not sign up for. Multiple representatives have been recorded accusing me of signing up by phone, email, email link or third parties link click. I was also given written letters of different dates and times I click on this promotional balance link.

Citibank reported me late under two different companies. My perfect credit drop over 100 points. This became a domino nightmare from help because all my other credit card companies starting to take away my credit. Now Citibank closed my account without notice even though I still made my 200 payment on time. With the promotional balance interest my minimum payment is 1700.00 a month. I sent this bank a 30 day certified letter and requested on thing and to show me evidence I click on a promotional balance. They have failed to provide this evidence and they demanded nothing will change and I owe them 12k. Before this promotional balance my balance was only 5k. All three creditors and the BBB have failed to help me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: March 1, 2019

I am very rarely late paying my bills and this time I did not receive my statement so therefore my payment was late! They just said that it was mailed which I don't dispute but I can't control or prove that I didn't receive so no late fee reversal. I have been a cardholder for over 20 years. Considering on using rewards up then canceling the card. Very disappointing I have been only late a few times over the 20 years but that was on me. This was beyond my control!!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

They don't have your back when it comes to dispute resolutions. They throw random rules at you so you don't file for a dispute. I have not used their other service but this one interaction is not giving me great confidence.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I have two CitiCards and have not had any problems until recently. I had a heater and hot water heater break within weeks of each other and used other credit cards to purchase new ones. I just paid off one of my CitiCard by making a 4888.00 dollar payment with a limit of 6,000. A week later they changed my credit limit to 500 saying my utilization on other credit cards was too high. Really? I have never paid late and have been a great customer and this is how they treat me! If I knew they would take my credit away I would have paid a different card or put the money in a savings for an emergency. I called to have it appealed and was told no they would change their decision. I will be closing both my accounts even though it will hurt my credit. Them lowering my credit limit also hurt my credit! Never again will I open a CitiCard account!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I opened an AA Mastercard for the mileage and luggage benefits. I also wanted to save my miles if I didn't use AA during the year. By using the card, you safeguard your miles if they are near their expiration point. This is a better option than wasting miles on useless magazines. Or so I thought. With two weeks to go till expiration, I made a charge on my card and saw it posted on the Citi website. When I checked the AAdvantage website, my account was still set to expire and lose all my miles.

I called Citi and AA and found that because the posting date for the account was AFTER the miles expiration date I was going to lose all my (over 100,000) miles even with a balance and usage of the card. Their only option was extend for a $50 fee or donate miles. This was a total waste of paying a year for the credit card and at least getting a mileage advantage. My only solution was the MagazinesForMiles option and to cancel the card at the next renewal date.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I missed one payment. So I paid it late. They canceled my account. I didn't realize this, until I had rung up a large load of items at Costco. I had to leave these behind at the register, while I tried to work it out at the service desk. They called Citibank for me, and we tried to get a new account for me, and it was declined. My credit rating was very high previous to this. Due to Citibank, it has dropped significantly.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have Costco Citi Credit card for about a year now. Their customer service, dispute department, lawyer to handle dispute etc are worse than one can even think. I have applied for this card with having correct name. I received card with all the letters combined (two words) in first name. I needed to talk to them more than 20 times to change it. Every time they mentioned, your card having corrected name is on the way. But, I received the card having the same mistake for 5 times. 6th time, I received the card having correct name. I have disputed one charge of $1012 because merchant (airlines) charged me twice for the same transaction. I received money back for one charge. But, I could not use my ticket.

Airlines company mentioned credit card company refused to pay for my ticket. But CiTi says, they paid 2 times for this ticket. So, I asked my credit card company, who has the money $1012 as Airline says, they don't have money for the ticket (that's why airline did not allow me to use the ticket to travel) although I see 2 charges for the same transaction. Within the 2 charges, Airlines refunded me one charge. CiTi customer care, repeatedly said, airline has the money (one charges within two $1012). So, I asked them to dispute the other charge. But, CiTi did not give me the remaining money of $1012.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

On Dec 21, 2018 I faxed a dispute letter with all pertinent information to the dispute department. On Jan 14, 2019 I received a letter that my dispute was declined and the case was closed. I called the dispute department and was told that they never received the letter I sent even though I have a fax cover sheet shows it was received. On Jan 15, 2019 I resent all the information to the dispute department and called again on Jan 16h, 2019 to make sure they received it. Today Jan 30, 2019 I called the dispute department to get a status of my dispute and I was told it was in for review to determine if a dispute would be started or be rejected. Almost 2 months later and nothing is being done to retrieve 867.75 dollars of my money that I spent on a hotel reservation that was canceled by the supplier.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Citi targeted me for their premier card and enticed me with 60k points for $4k spend. Citi mailed me credit card 2 weeks late and as a result I could not use it on 2 week vacation. So I end up with just 2 months to spend 4K and meet their "deadline". I called to get an extension but no avail. I spend the 4k+ required and the last charge posts on the card 4 days after I gave it to online merchant - and as a result the transaction was recorded ONE day late than the deadline of 3 months. I call and after getting transferred around 4 times and repeating my request was told, "Sorry we can't help it," and are not interested in seeing the email from merchant that shows the actual order date as 3 days before deadline. Thank you Citi. Chase and Amex are much better folks. The CS needs to be fired here.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

For the 4th time in the last year I've had to close and open an account due to the card being compromised. They don't have any idea how to process that function. The card before last was supposed to be expedited. After the 2 day limit I inquired and after 3 CSRs were involved they discovered that expedited meant USPS, 7 to 10 day. The re-expedited card did not arrive in 3 days and upon investigation with 2 CSRs and 2 Supervisors they discovered the card had NOT been processed. Finally I received 3 cards on the same day. USPS and 2 FedEx. Yep, card number 2 had actually been processed.

Just had to replace the card again. Same problem. They assured me 3 times it would be expedited. After 3 days of no card I inquired. USPS again and it hadn't even left Citi. That's not the worst of it. When I called to ask about the list of reoccurring charges that was being transferred to the new card some of which were actually the reason for the cancelation they had to close the new card (that had not been sent) to complete the proper paperwork they should have already done.

They truly do not know what they are doing, I've spoken to dozens of CSRs and 4 or 5 Supervisors, one of which disconnected the call and did not attempt to recontact and all they do is say they are sorry for any inconvenience. I even tried to go online and "chat" with them but after being disconnected twice I surrendered. Their feedback link doesn't work either but that makes sense.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I've used my Citi MC for years and had no problems. I didn't get a statement for some reason last month, so I just automatically paid my usual balance due. I kept getting "robo" calls about not making a payment. When I finally got a live person, I told them when I paid and how much. They responded that I didn't pay the minimum amount and that I needed to pay the additional $20 or so NOW. I explained the circumstances and told them I would include the shortage on the next payment. They INSISTED that I make arrangements through them to pay it NOW.

I repeated that I don't have the money now and that I would pay through my bank, as usual, when I got paid. They kept on insisting that I pay it immediately. I hung up on them. I've received 9 calls since I made the short payment, some of them at 8 A.M. They've used multiple numbers, some of them with the caller ID of "Citi" and others will "Toll Free Call". I'm going to make an extra effort to get rid of this card.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I had a credit card with CitiCard at 7.9% interest. I made my monthly payments EVERY month. Never missed one. I had issues with something else which messed up my credit and when CitiCard saw my report they closed my card and upped my interest rate to 28.9%. I had auto pay for 2 years and did not get anywhere on paying it off. I called and asked if they could lower the interest rate and they said no... Based on the credit report from 2 years ago. The only thing I can do is stop paying so it goes to a debt collector which will hurt my credit but at least I won't have to pay that high interest anymore. Also when they close your account like that they lock you from being able to check your account online... And when I tried to change my address so the bills would come to me... they would not let me because I could not remember my credit card number from over 2 years ago. THE WORST.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I opened a dispute in late Nov 2018 regarding a charge in my Citi Visa (through Costco) for the amount of $63.13. A week late, I realized that I had made an error in filing the dispute and called the Citi Visa company to cancel the dispute. In a few hours, I received an email titled "your account dispute has been resolved". I only found out a week later that instead of cancelling the dispute, they credit my account with $63.13, totally opposite to what I had told them to do. As a result, my account with the merchant was inactivated.

This was when the real nightmare began with the Citi Visa company. I called multiple times to the customer service and the dispute department to make sure that the dispute should be canceled and I requested an email from them to confirm the cancellation. The first time, I was promised that an email would be sent to me in 30 sec to confirm the dispute cancellation. I waited for 6 days and no email came in. I called again and was told that email was sent and they would send again and then I got disconnected. I called back the next day, this time I was told by a supervisor named Gloria in the dispute department that no email was ever sent to me and it will take the company 7-10 business days to send me a letter.

When I told her that this is not acceptable since the merchant will not reactivate my account until they see a proof of dispute cancellation and I wanted to speak to her boss, she transferred me to a person named Josh. I told Josh that the only thing I needed was a simple, one line email to confirm my dispute cancellation, like the way they communicated with me numerous times in the past. Guess what Josh said? He said they did not and could not communicate with me via email. Instead, it will take them 7-10 days to write a letter and the letter has to go through the legal dept before they can send it to me.

When I questioned about the cancellation email promised to me in 30 secs 6 days ago and the confirmation that the email had been sent and would be sent again when I called the night before, he ignored my questions and sounded like a robot by repeating over and over again "we can't send email. It will take us 7-10 days and it has to go through legal". I find the dispute dept at Citi Visa totally incompetent. I regret that Costco signed up the credit card deal with them since I have been a member at Costco for over 30 years and have been through Discover Card and American Express and have never had such a poor customer experience with a credit care company.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Whenever I can CitiCard I am forced to listen to a multitude of "choices" that have nothing to do with why I am calling. I am forced to lie so that I can speak to a living person. If I am honest in my replies to the automated system, it tells me my request is not understood or makes suggestions about things I do not care about - which will send me to another automated response. Saying "NO!" to a suggestion or being honest eventually causes the system to abruptly hang-up. This happened to me 4X today!!! Before I lied my way to a live person. All I wanted was a mailing address. The automated response rattled off 10 PO box numbers in such rapid order that I was not sure I had heard them correctly.

When I did finally get a live person, she very kindly gave me a mailing address - which is quite different from the one posted on their website (which is the same as the one I think I garnered after listening to the computer generated address at least six times). CitiBank makes plenty of money off of live beings using their cards - we should have access to live customer service representatives when we need them AND not be forced to be shot down by a very limited automated menu! I'm going to get a new card with VISA - I never have problems using my debit card that is thru VISA. Getting to a real person is quite easy when I need VISA help. Goodbye CitiCard!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I called Citi before I booked my flight to make sure that I would receive the $250 statement credit they advertised. I was told that I would get the credit. I did not. I called them to file a dispute. I got a letter stating that the statement credit was only for flights and I didn't qualify. As this makes no sense, I called them. They argued with me saying that was never an offer. Then I spoke with a supervisor, then a senior account rep. The senior account rep said that I needed proof of the offer. I said that I was probably going to cancel my account. She went ahead and cancelled my account without my permission after I got off the phone. I wouldn't mind so much except that I'm not going to get the travel benefits like first bag checked free. This company has gone out of their way to screw me over. I've had another Citi card for many years. I cancelled that one too. I'm never using them again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I have signed up for Citi e-billing that put me in a disadvantage of having printed copies purchase commission Citi signed up with Costco, usually comes with the February bill a print copy of yearly earned rewards - as a certificate. If I haven't signed up for Citi e-billing, my Costco 2018 reward certificate for $214.92 would have had come with February 2018 print statement. I would, never have had missed it. This is my hard earned commission of my purchases throughout the year of 2018 (I make a point here: this not a gift certificate). The following e-mail with the link to print a new certificate, and the letter about requesting a copy of the certificate by phone is misleading. Since it never fulfilled the request.

The following is the copy from the e-mail, I have received a word to word: "Misplaced your certificate? You can request a new one on the Citi Mobile® App** or Citi®, Online. Request a new certificate." ► (This link was taken away didn't lead to the certificate)" This is the age of data, the companies can unearth data from ages, it is not that, CITI cannot check, a consumer redeemed their reward or not? To assign a legitimate commission-reward copy certificate to the customer if the consumer didn't redeem their commission.

This is the classic practice of credit card companies taking advantage of customers. If it is the other way around, if a consumer owe 214.92 to the CITI, it would have expired in any chance ever, no matter how many years lapsed? I don't think so. Why CITI has the right to steal from the consumer, they owe to the customer? I believe this is certainly a case for consumer protection agency to take a look. It is purely taking advantage of consumer to not to pay their earned commission back. I am also going to complain about this to Costco management, they should never have opted for CITI instead of American Express in the first place. By the way, e-billing should not disadvantage the customer. If I never opted out of print billing, I wouldn't have had lost my purchase commission. CITI would not be able to take the link off to print the certificate.

I have called the CITI customer service and tried to access the link as suggested in the e-mail, but in vain. Of course it is designed to take advantage of customers. The customer service supervisor said, word to word: Since this is a lot of money, she cannot re-issue the certificate. If this is a lot of money for a company like CITI, imagine the scale for an individual customer!! How this product is designed to take advantage from the customers. For the record, I called the Citi customer service on 1/8/2019 afternoon, to activate the link to print my reward (commission) certificate.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I opened up a Citi Simplicity card to take advantage of the 0% interest for 18 months to transfer a balance. I have been paying my balance down every month on time and decided to put several charges on my card to purchase profit sharing packages from an online advertising company. I was suppose to receive a certain amount of money every month for 12 months and didn't receive one. It was services purchased but not delivered as described. The representative I first talked to put the charges through as fraud which was incorrect but 2 of the packages I purchased I did receive a permanent credit. Square disputed one of my packages I purchased and said it was a valid charge.

After sending in my documentation and even an email the admin had sent saying we would receive a refund if anything happened to the program that wasn't good enough for them. My claim was denied and another rep re-opened it and put the charge as services purchased but not delivered. I received communication in my back office at Citi 10 days later that they "may" give me a refund if I can send in documentation that the admin will give us a refund which I did. I sent the email in on Dec. 29th and I received another communication in my back office on Jan. 1 that the timeframe has now passed for my dispute and they closed the case. They evidently didn't read my email I sent them with documentation from the admin that I would receive a refund or they just decided to close case without investigating. I never had this much trouble before with any dispute and made numerous calls to the dispute department without any satisfaction.

I had purchased 10 other revenue sharing packages with this merchant and had put them on 5 different Chase cards and they all have had permanent credits issued for the last month or two. My experience with Citi vs. Chase is like day and night. Only 1 phone call was necessary with Chase and they collected the information in a concerned professional matter and it was resolved quickly. I felt like Chase was on my side which is just the opposite of what I feel with Citi. Also the customer service reps at all 5 of my Chase cards were personable, efficient and provided excellent customer service. I'll be calling a supervisor tomorrow at Citi and dealing exclusively with them from now on, but if my issue doesn't get resolved and my account doesn't get credited I've learned my lesson. Only use Citi as a 0% balance transfer and don't make any purchases with it.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Very disappointing!! I have been a loyal customer with excellent credit for over 12 years, paying the full amount for every statement since that time. I lost my job in June 2018 and booked a vacation for October 2018 prior to the job loss in May. Not only did I lose my job but was unable to afford the vacation. Luckily, I was able to cancel the hotel but was unable to obtain a refund for the flight. I had travelers insurance for the flight but this could only be processed for illness not lost wages due to an unforeseen job loss.

Asked Citicard to reimburse me for the flight. Was happy to have that completed last month only to find out they reversed the charges the day before Christmas. Why would you do this to a loyal customer before your “investigation” is complete? I had made future financial decisions based on having Citicard reimburse me for the loss. I would have been much better prepared financially had you waited until the investigation was complete. So sad, because I will be cancelling my card by this month’s end. You have alienated a loyal paying customer with an 850 credit score. Thanks Citicard for making an unforgettable holiday for my family!!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I had a Citi AAdvantage card for over 30 years. Last September when I received my renewal with $95 fee, I called to cancel the card. The next day, I realized that this would have an adverse impact on my and my adult kids' (who also had cards from this account) credit score. I called back and asked if they could reopen the account. An agent told me that I could have in fact, migrated my account to a card with no fee and keep my credit history. This seemed ideal. I was told that they would need to check my credit to issue the card. This seemed absurd since they had been offering to renew my card just the day before and I've been a customer for many decades - plus I have great credit.

Anyhow - 10 days later I received a letter saying I was denied because my Experian had a freeze on it. I lifted the freeze and called them back. Another cycle and they again refused me saying the Experian was froze - which it wasn't. Then I got a mailer for the very card I was applying for so I applied with the code and of course, I was granted the card. Then I tried on multiple occasions to get to a human who could connect my long credit card history with this new card. It doesn't seem like an extreme request since it's the same company, I am the same person and one of their agents said it would be possible. Then I received a letter telling me that it was not possible because too much time had lapsed between my request and the account closure. I ACTUALLY MADE THE REQUEST WITHIN 24 HOURS!!!

Most recently, I played a week of phone tag with a senior account manager in customer service who I dared to believe was reaching out to rectify what had been a horrendous experience. Instead when we finally did connect in real time, he essentially told me that he had reviewed the situation carefully and there was nothing that could be done. I have wasted many aggravating hours trying to rectify what could/should have been a straightforward request to keep me as a customer. I would also like to add that I have had super good customer service at their competitors - Chase and Amex. No more dealing with Citicard!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My most recent experience was a dispute involving Excalibur Moving Company out of Florida. After paying a deposit of over $2000.00 I was shocked to find out I had been scammed!!! I immediately disputed the charges with Costco Citi CC and here I am three months later, the dispute has not been resolved. I get little if any communication back from Costco Citi CC, I have had to do all of my own investigation into the moving company... And forward everything to Costco Citi CC... nonexistent dispute department.

One of the main reasons I use a CC is for the protection it offers me against scams such as this. I regularly use US Bank and have never had any issues where fraudulent use of my credit card/disputes are not immediately resolved in a professional manner. I have now resigned myself to the fact that I will have to head to court on this one. If you are looking for a credit card that has your back... COSTCO CITI CC IS NOT THE CARD FOR YOU!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I always pay my charges off each month, and even round the amount up. I messed up in November, paying $1100 instead of the $1106 required. I have been charged interest on all charges in November & December. For a $6 mistake I have paid $20 in interest. Costco needs to leave them.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I am a Costco member for last 25 years. For many year after joining it was only membership card required to be a member, Then after Price Club - which changed after years name to Costco - introduced American Express card to use also as membership card. Over the years I had never had any kind of problem with that credit card or membership.

Some three years ago Costco chose to switch to CITI Visa card / which is the worst card in Customer Affairs reviews records - available online/and then in a little while problems started. In mid of October City Visa notified me that series fraud suspected charges where noticed by their early Fraud Detection department, on my City Visa credit card. Two of those charges were - I was told - originated from Justice Women's Clothing store online. They were: $220.93 and 225.89 from the same date. Since I never ordered anything from them I denied both charges.

In about 8 days after I received two envelopes, each containing 1 children’s clothing item . In one envelope there were children’s cargo leggings - size 8, with Justice logo price tag $29.90 and invoice - in that envelope - for that item in amount of - $220.93!? The second envelope contained children’s “Bow back top” - size 10, with Justice logo price tag in amount of $19.90 and invoice in amount of $225.89 for that single item!? There was nothing else shipped or listed In those invoices, to justify charged price of each envelope content in excess of over $200.00.

In a few weeks both charges - in mentioned amounts - were placed onto my Costco Visa credit card, to be paid by me as reversed charges! The next day as I saw those fraudulent charges on my account I called Citi Visa and spoke to their reps Tiera, Tina, Felicia and Juby. I was switched to - so called - "Investigation Department" and spoke twice to Mathew and one time to Steven. Both of them hanged up on me when I questioned their ability to conduct investigation properly, for in my eyes it does not even follow logical steps. I told them that their decision - in favor of Justice - should not be based only on proof of shipment.

They also should ask Justice for a copy of email - Justice should have sent to me - confirming my order, with list and prices of goods -sold to me - which make that total price. I also told them that routinely, online sellers, besides order confirmation, send to buyer an email, with trucking # and Citi Visa should ask Justice to provide copy of that email to Citi Visa. Justice can not supply any of those emails to them, since it is made up purchase.

Their scam is based on high charge amount and trucking #, to proof, that there was a shipment made - they ship a 'lollipop' and get a few hundred of dollars, proving to ** Citi Visa "investigators" that shipment was made. Someone who put that single item in that small envelope - who works for Justice - and then after put into it invoice for $220 +, knew very well that it is a scam. It is a very common scam on eBay by Chinese sellers, but eBay accepts hard proofs of scam /photos and scans/ and makes refunds to buyers for example seeing small envelope with the tracking number provided claiming that a mink fur was shipped in that tiny envelope.

I also offered to Citi Visa 'investigators' hard proofs , to prove it is a scam, by sending Citi Visa copies of shipping labels, attached to those small bubble envelopes, and pictures of shipped items. I was told that Visa “investigators” know what they are doing and besides that, CITI Visa system does not take any email attachment files. CITI Visa "investigators" feel that they can hang up on callers, without any penalty - as they feel like it - as nobody can punished them for their actions. They are so much in charge doing it, that I get impression that those actions are part of their Citi Visa job training. Though it is unfair to Citi Visa customers, from credit card point it is OK - when there is charge they get their portion of that money and that is only what counts. I would not be surprised if City Visa turned out to be a fake for there’s something fishy about them in my opinion.

Since - I can see online - cases /like mine/regarding City Visa improper conduct and procedures online fraud investigations are very common, they should become a subject of investigation of Attorney General Office themselves. In the mean time I intend to close that Citi Visa credit card account and may be give up on Costco membership as I feel they got associated with crooks. I will stick to BJ’s and Sam’s clubs whose memberships I also have.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Called Citibank on disputed charge. Citi contact Ed merchant who said it was valid. Citi takes merchants reply and put charge back on my account and starts charging interest. Filled out all the forms sent to me over 6 months and still have the charge on my account. Citi has done zero to investigate. They say that the merchant's reply is that it was delivered. No matter how many times I tell them it was not ordered by me or delivered to me, they just read the same answer from their script. Customer service was willing to have me cancel my card and lose me as a customer but not willing to refer me to someone who could help me. Zero escalation help. They just don’t care anymore about the individual consumer. I am just one person and they prefer to take the merchant's view with no investigation. Not sure who cares at Citi. Service is lower than ALL companies I have worked within 30 years.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Worse customer service from Citigroup ever. I called the customer service center to get my pin number to make a credit card payment through the Atm machine and the said that they can send it to me in seven day. I asked to talked to the supervisor to tell him about the inconvenience of that and Jenny the customer service representative stated that there's nobody in the building that can help me to go to my local branch and complain and hang up the phone. Super Unprofessional...

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I am a current customer for years with Citibank and just had my first fraudulent charge. I was lied to, I had a rep posing as a manager after escalated and then a nasty woman with a bad attitude thereafter. I had the first person tell me that my charge wouldn't qualify as a charge-back. Mind you, I live in the Midwest and the charge was done in Russia. I can tell by the questions that were asked he wasn't really trying to work with me. Then, I asked for a sup (which took a long time to get), then this man came on there acting like a supervisor. He showed no empathy in what has occurred with my account and didn't even start the process of protecting the rest of the account (neither did the rep before him). He kept wanting to get me off the phone and tell me just any story, so I asked for another supervisor. "I am the only supervisor here in the center," is what he told me.

My flags are up at this point because I work in a call center for a living and this I know for sure isn't true. My next request was for someone with less accent. This is when the next "English speaking sup" came on the line. She was very, very nasty. "What can I do for you?" "I hear you are disputing some activities on the account." The conversation continue in a very condescending tone. I stopped her and I addressed her professionalism, empathy, her role as a manager, lack of concern and definitely not apologetic as to what has happened.

This is when I learned the rep before her was not a supervisor. I continue to ask the same question for her to confirm again that the rep was posing as a supervisor (this is who we have over our hard earned money). She assured me a complaint was going to place with the company for the false representation, she then advised that the other two reps had not blocked my card or taken any other initiative to make sure my account was protected. This is where trust, integrity and professionalism ends with me as a consumer.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Opened a Citi Visa card in January. Received one statement in the mail, then never received another statement again, until a notice from collections came in the mail. Customer service of no assistance whatsoever. Only wants to collect money, and as much of it as possible without any kind of notice to customers and without any consideration of customer concerns. Spare yourself the hassle and do not open a Citi card, because Citi prefers to bill its customers through collections rather than through paper or emailed statements every month. Beyond extremely dissatisfied and not even deserving of a single star, should receive a 0-star rating.

CitiCard Company Information