1.04/5

Looking for a great Credit Card?

1235 CitiCard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I applied for credit card then they called me from sales dep which is not professional anymore. They don't have experience and give me wrong information. They lie to me and every time they say something different. They was my time especially this Philippine lady in sales dep she hang up the call in very bad. Why.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Never been late since I got it this thing more than 4 years, paying off all my credit cards, my credit score is at 56%. They just decreased my limit from $2000 to my balance of $630.00, just paid $1000 payment so I can be at 30% on my credit usage on credit report. Never this card again and like American Express as well. Rip off. They told me I have a bad credit, told them I do not, never missed a payment on any of my accounts, then they said ok then, "Is because of higher interest rate you might have," really??? ** Citibank.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Run fast and far away from this company. I had no idea but just Google illegal interest charges Citibank. I've had the credit card 2 months and they've already charged me interest when payment was made in full before due date.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I received an email this morning thanking me for my call with them this morning (I never called them). I booked airline travel on this card two weeks ago, and the email CITIBANK sent me showed that I was returning ten days later than I actually was. I was told by the very rude woman that the airline had authorization to contact them regarding my travel plans -- even though the email said that I HAD CONTACTED THEM. I was pretty stupefied by this, and she ended up hanging up on me. I am canceling this idiotic card. I refuse to be treated like a moron from someone who obviously doesn't know customer service at all. PS -- why is the airline contacting them? My travel plans have not changed, and the agent at CITIBANK could not understand why I might be alarmed that the travel dates were stated differently than the tickets I had purchased.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I love Costco but now I'm starting to hate them too for entrusting their clients to a dubious credit card establishment like this CitiCard for Costco. I hate taking cash or check with me all the time and I usually shop a lot in bulk because I'm a small business owner. I have a great relationship with Amex that's why I was so disappointed when we were automatically transferred to this crappy card. I agree with all of the reviews here. They slap you with unreasonable interest charges and late fees, even if it's just a few minutes. They only care about grabbing or stealing money from their customers. Very rude, annoying, not very well informed reps.

I know a lot of my friends who got fraudulent activities/charges and hard to reverse with them. My dad wanted to sue them because he lives in CA and someone has been ordering some stuff recurrently in Florida under his CitiCard. He reported it to them repeatedly to stop payment but they never did and he had been calling them daily for 2 weeks until he finally said, "I'm a senior citizen who is probably being scammed by CitiCard itself or one of the employees, I will call the police, file charges and call my lawyer to sue you!" Stay away from CitiCard! Or better yet, we probably should file a lawsuit for their fraudulent practices!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I am a responsible credit card user and mostly pay off my cards in full every month other than occasional large purchases. I have had Citi card for about 5 years but have only used it twice for purchases over $10K. The first time this happened, I thought I made the final payment early before the end of the billing cycle, so we were hit with interest the following month. My mistake was not logging into Citi to check my account balance after it was paid in full because I ended up getting charged additional interest the following month then receiving 2 months of late fees because I had no idea that I had a balance.

Turns out that I did not make the payment early, Citi just charges interest the month following their 'grace period' (what other companies call a due date). The extremely disappointing part of this is that my Citi card has the highest interest rate of any card, so I get charged double the high-interest rate. Just this month, I made my final payment then was hit with interest the following month even though I paid my Statement balance in full. In all of the credit cards I've had over the years, I've never experienced this with any other company. This is my last time using Citi card.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I applied for this card about 2 weeks ago upon reading rave reviews on various finance websites. I was approved immediately, but was unable to set up my online account at that time, and instead received multiple error messages. Fine, couldn't use the card anyway without the full card number, so I decided to wait until it arrived in the mail. It did so a few days ago, and I started to use it to pay some bills and make some purchases. I still couldn't, however, log in to either the website or the app. A very unhelpful agent in an overseas call center told me I would need to log in from a desktop. I told him I do not own nor have access to one, and that this was ridiculous, I've never been unable to log in to any other type of financial institution from a laptop.

Finally, about a day later, I was able to get in to my account. All was well for maybe a day more, but then I had some purchases declined. I then received the dreaded message from Citibank that due to "unusual activity" (none of which was showing on my account page), I would have to contact them. They asked for my phone number to verify me, then said that this number, the only one I have, was not verified. They asked for a landline or a direct work number, neither of which I have. (I work at a school, and we do not take or make personal calls from our desk phones.) Then they asked for a credit card number from a different bank, I was very reluctant to provide this, but eventually I felt I had no other choice so I did provide one from Bank of America.

After a very long wait, the rep came back to tell me that while they were able to confirm that this was a valid account, there was a mismatch of some information. He was by that point treating me, I felt, like some kind of criminal, like I was deliberately trying to perpetuate fraud. He kept telling me he was not authorized to tell me what the information mismatch was, or what the problem with my phone was, and made some comment about reporting my situation. Reporting as in... getting me some help? Or filing a complaint against me? It was pretty unclear.

I was calling from my workplace, so I know that I didn't use any bad language, nor did I threaten anything more dire than that I would stop using my card, but if asking questions and sounding grumpy is cause for alarm, I bet Citibank reps are alarmed all the time since who wouldn't be grumpy with the world's worst customer service? At any rate, I am waiting for them to snail mail me some form which will ask for who knows what type of verification. A DNA sample, probably. And then it still won't be good enough. 2% cash back, my ** (see, I still didn't use bad language). I can't earn cash back if I can't use the stupid card, and I wouldn't think it's doing them any good, either. I'll go back to using my 1.5% card, since cash back in hand beats an endless customer disservice nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I had the same situation as another reviewer, with the credit card. I received mine in the mail, tried to activate it, and was sent to the fraud department. They also told me that my phone number, that I gave on the application, was not a verified number. Even after I answered all of my personal questions, they still said that it wasn't me. I was told that I would have to wait for something in the mail to verify I am who I say I am. All the while, if there is fraud, there is nothing I can do about it until I get a LETTER in the SNAIL MAIL!? Who does business like this anymore? Terrible customer service. I was wondering what the resolution on Trevor from Clovis, CA was? Has it since been handled? Thanks in advance.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

A hold was placed on my card by a hotel for a deposit (which is typical). After 2 weeks I called the hotel because the funds were still on hold. The hotel attempted to release it back to my Citi card however the request was denied by Citi. The hotel agent was so kind as to call Citi to get the funds released and credited back to my account. Here is a copy of the email from the hotel agent...

"Thank you very much for the detailed information provided in your voicemail! I was able to locate that authorization, which is only a temporary authorization; unfortunately, when I attempted to have it released through our Merchant Services center, the request was denied by the bank. I then called Citi directly and was first working with someone who seemed like she was going to be able to release the hold. However, I ended up getting put back into the queue, got another agent, and was subsequently hung up on when they were trying to find the first person I worked with. I did try calling back again, but this time, the person said there was nothing they could do to assist me. I will say that, particularly with Citi, it seems to depend who you get a hold of when you call them.

Some associates will say they can’t release authorizations anymore and you will have to wait the 30 days, while others seem to have no problem getting the authorization released. So what I might recommend is reaching out to them directly to see if you might be able to get through to one of those associates who can get the hold released. I do apologize for the inconvenience, and welcome any other questions you might have!"

...So I did call Citi and was on the phone for over an hour where I was passed around to 5 agents, 1 of which told me I could always report my card stolen and then I would not be responsible for the charges and they would just send me a new card with a new number! When I told her that would be considered fraud and illegal and that I wanted to talk to her supervisor I was then disconnected or hung up on, not sure which. I then attempted through their online chat agent but was told he was unable to release the funds back to my card and that I needed to call the hotel, that they are the only ones who can request the release. So at this time I have just sent the hotel agent another email, hopefully she'll have better luck this next time. If not, I guess I have to wait 30 days or something ridiculous!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

It has been very frustrating getting in touch with the right person. I was locked from my account online, did not have my card with me. Representative said she will sign me up for more rewards and I said no thank you. Then representative kept telling me she will give me an increase on my credit line when I told her I did not use the card!!! I was planning on accepting the offer they sent on my mail, but seeing this I decided to don't do it. Horrible experience.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I received an invitation to apply for the Citi Elite Advantage card and receive 60000 miles if approved. Now I being told it's 50000 and I have to send them the invite they sent me as proof it's 60K & not 50K. On top of that in the "small" print they say I have to spend another $1500 in order to get that. I will pay off the little balance and they can keep the card.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I received my new Citibank Credit card in the mail and tried to activate it, but was connected with the Citibank Fraud department. With extremely poor service they attempted to assist, first by asking my phone number to send me a text to verify it's me. When I gave them the number that is on file, the one used to open the account, they told me it's not a verified number, I asked them what that meant and they tried to tell me it was not my phone. They said they would send a letter to verify who I am, I in turn told them I'd go to a Citibank the next morning to save time, they said ok.

The next morning I went to Citibank and explained my situation to the very understanding banker, she called the fraud department and gave her position etc, and told them that I was at the concerned bank in person with my ID etc and can they accept that. They said no, they would need a different credit card to verify that way, reluctantly I gave a different visa to get this sorted, but they then said that didn't work and I would have to wait for the letter. The kind Banker couldn't understand their logic, and neither could I as I was at the bank in person and the problem was confirming my identity. How ridiculous - could this be a good bank to bank with if their service is so poor. ;-)

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

This was something done to us. L.L. Bean decided to change type of card and bank. Nothing has gone well. Our available credit (from the Barclays card) disappeared from the credit bureaus. It (and the Citi card) have not appears at the credit bureaus. With two notable exceptions, the Citi personnel have been indifferent, or worse. L.L. Bean sent a list of actions we (!!) would be required to take and some that L.L. Bean said would happen automatically. A critical one did not happen automatically. None of the entities involves seems to give a hoot.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have been a loyal customer of Citi MasterCard since 1996. My account was deactivated without my consent. I called the 800 number 800-950-5114 suggested to me via Citi's chat service. I was received by an Indian speaking individual, who instead of helping me, insulted me and suggested that I take my business elsewhere. I asked him to help me reactivate my account. Instead of helping me fulfill a simple request, he blew me off, insulted me and treated me like dirt. He said it was my fault and started blaming me for my card's inactivation. I told him the customer is always right, he told me smugly NO and all but suggested that Citi don’t want my business and to take my business elsewhere, then hung up on me.

I'm like wow, WTF? I have never been treated like this by any customer service in all my life. Perhaps Citi should review the conversation and fire whoever it was I talked to because instead of receiving help to fix a screwup by Citi that had nothing to do with me, the person that was supposed to help me insulted me, blew me off, and hung up on me. That's my payment for being a loyal customer who always paid my bills on time for over 12 years. Citi don’t want my business? Fine, I and my family will never use another Citi service.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I was making minimum payments on my credit card monthly. I was eventually able to make a very substantial payment and right after I did this they completely lowered my limit. Which brought me into a credit problem again. I had gotten my ratio down and they made it so I had $29. worth of credit. A very awful thing to do. Horrible company.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Worst Card/Customer Service. If you purchase defective merchandise, they will side with the merchant. All the merchant has to do is send proof of delivery. When you open a dispute then they ask for proof of delivery. I was told to fax. Really fax machines in 2018, all info including photos of proof of delivery and defective merchandise they will give you a conditional credit and give merchant 2 months to respond. The merchant's proof of delivery is all they need. I also sent proof of delivery and photos of all defective items and was told after they sided with merchant that their system was not compatible with photos as they can be altered although I called and asked to see if they received my proof and did not mention my photos were not compatible at that time. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME WITH THIS SHADY COMPANY.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Citi Bonus Cash Center - Have been denied the bonus cash at least 50% of the time. I use the portal quite often so their excuse that I am not using it correctly does not hold up. Reaching out to customer service either by phone, chat, or secure message does no good; they seem to not be well-versed in the "benefit." Use at your own peril.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Recently I applied for a CitiCard promotion offer of Citi premium silver card with a 60,000 miles bonus offer after using the card for $3000.00 within three months. I started purchasing with this card to meet the requirement and spent more than $2300.00 within 2 months. Last week I called the customer service to ask the deadline to meet my requirement to get the bonus mileage. But I was really shocked to know that Citibank declined my bonus miles and told me that Citibank cancelled my very old card without informing me in July 2017 and that’s the reason for declining my bonus miles.

I escalated the complaint to a supervisor and he also provided the same reasoning. I never cancelled my card hence the clause they inserted in very small print in their application was “American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi AAdvantage card opened or closed in past 24 months.” According to this I should not be victimized since an old account was closed by Citibank without informing me and without any record. Since I did not cancelled the account Citibank cannot penalized me under this hidden clause. This action seems to be very “fishy” and nothing but a very poor customer service. Not only I will stop doing business with Citibank, I will advise hundreds of my friends in USA and abroad to stop using Citibank. I hope all the readers pass this Information to your social network to make sure Citibank can’t get away with this kind of lousy customer service.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I am spending countless hours banging my head against a wall trying to get Citibank to resolve 3 disputes. They continuously give me incorrect information, and are incapable of crediting back customer accounts after disputes are found in the customer’s favor. I was told over the phone that one dispute was found in my favor, then Citibank sent me emails telling me it was still open. Another dispute was found in my favor, I was told I would be credited in two days, and it's been over two months and I still have not received the credit.

A third dispute I was promised I would receive a call from Citibank asking for my documentation, but I never received any phone calls since the promised date. I have called Citibank’s President’s Office and spoke with Tessha ** who told me she would help me resolve my dispute problems and call me back, which she never did. I followed up with several voice mails to Ms. **, none of which were answered back. I then sent multiple emails to Citibank (executive.response.unit@citi.com), none of which have been returned.

I am now going to The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency - United States Department of the Treasury, and also to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, for help, since Citibank is apparently incapable of managing customer disputes, and whose President’s Office NEVER returns phone calls or emails. As soon as these three disputes are resolved I am moving all my Citibank and Citicard accounts to Chase Bank. Enough is enough already.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Citibank credit cards customer service is the worst. I can't deal with this department anymore and I need help to get my $50.00 dollars back that they do not want to return to me. I paid the AAdvantage credit card $50.00 on March 26th 2018 through my Bank JP Morgan Chase online payment. I always pay my bills in the same way. Since March I have been calling asking them where is my payment of $50.00 that they received in March. In April they credit my account temporarily until they investigated, they asked me proof of payment as my statement from my bank (Chase). I send it to them, they did not respond receipt and they reversed the $50 again. When I called again they told me that the statement was not enough proof when that was what they asked me. They closed the investigation. I spoke to Chase again and they said that in the statement is very clear that they received the payment. I don't know what to do. I want my money back.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have a Costco Citibank card that I once used for nearly every purchase I made, especially so that I could receive the rewards refund money. Not anymore after the following incident, which has me mad at Costco as well. I contacted Citibank about an overcharge to my account made by a rental car company, and I provided clear written proof that the company contract stated I would owe a specific amount for 4 days rental, and nothing more so long as I did not purchase add ons like refueling, etc.

I provided all of the following information to Citibank to aid in their investigation. I had rented the car through Southwest for an amount certain and specific, and upon arriving to claim the car, I got a confirmation contract from the rental agency with the exact same time and terms as Southwest quoted. When I returned the car on time, the agency stated they would email my receipt.

The next day when I received the emailed receipt, I saw that they had overcharged me. In effect, they had basically penalized me for renting the car for less than a week, when they knew I would be renting it for less than a week. They showed a charge per day that was more expensive than it would have been for a week. I presented all proof to Citibank, including all of the contracts and correspondences. The final email contract was clearly not accepted by me, as I never even signed it. It did serve to show that I had not purchased additional items, and that the agency knew I'd only be renting the car for 4 days.

Citibank closed the dispute in favor of the rental agency, with no explanation other than to show me the agency's response, which was a couple of sentences with spelling errors, and a copy of the unsigned email contract with the overcharged amount, stating that I had agreed to it so I wasn't getting a refund. I then contacted the BBB, and they got me a refund of the entire amount, plus multiple apologies in a detailed message from the rental agency admitting that they had "accidentally" overcharged me.

The internet is replete with similar experiences customers have had with rental car agencies, and Citibank has got to be aware of this exact same issue, wherein rental car companies deceptively rent cars for durations shorter than one week at a price stated that is less than the cost for one week, only to turn around and slap renters with rates higher than that charged for a week, because the customer did not rent for one week when the agency knew for a fact ahead of time that the duration would be for less than one week. This practice should be penalized by Citibank and other credit card companies as a means of forcing rental car agencies to end this deceptive business tactic. Citibank should have found in my favor, instead the company made me spend time contacting the BBB, and obtain my refund that way.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Their accounting system is set up in such a way that you can never reconcile your monthly payments or know how much you owe before the end the billing cycle. I have gone over my accounts and have shown them where they have overcharged me but they won't acknowledge the numbers. I keep getting the same old, "we reviewed your statement and it is correct." There is something very wrong with this company. I am going to find another Visa card.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I would warn everyone to not get mixed up with this CitiCard. I got a Mastercard on April 22, 2018, I used it, and on May 5th, 13 day later, the bill come due, I paid it in full, then I used it in May, and on June 5th the bill come due, I paid bill in full, I again used it in the month of June, and on July 5th the bill come due. I paid in full. Then I got an email saying they had waived the late charges! What late charges? I paid it in full every time it come due, and on the date it came due! There is no way I owed any late charges. They were telling me that it was due on the 2nd of the month, but the bill didn't come out until the 3 days later. I tried talking with them, but I don't where I was talking with the people, they could barely speak English, and I could barely understand what they were saying. I immediately cancelled that card. When you see CitiCard... Better run like hell!!!

Original review: July 5, 2018

I have had an account with Citibank double cash and I deeply regret getting involved with them. I will always bank with Discover. Anyways, I took a personal loan out to consolidate some of my credit cards. I sent some of the money ($940) to Citibank and I realized it would better to pay off 3 more cards with smaller balances. I called them to ask to not accept the payment. Initially they told me to contact the bank from where I got the loan. I did and the loan company told me they couldn't change anything once they sent the money to the creditors.

I call Citibank slightly frustrated because it's always frustrating dealing with them. Of course I can't understand him and he ends the call VERY rudely and tells me to call back once the payment processed and ask for a refund then. A week goes by and I call to initiate the refund. They tell me no problem, this will be done in 7-10 business days. Some time goes by and I'm not seeing the money. I call them today and was told the refund was denied and they had lowered my credit limit to over $1000 less making it so I am over my limit currently with absolutely no notification about any of this.

Regarding my credit limit decrease, they told me to contact Equifax which it doesn't make sense they Equifax would specifically lower this card's credit limit when I have more than ten accounts that are way below their credit limit (by thousands of dollars) and none of those have been lowered. Not to mention the fact that I was just approved for a store credit card! They are trying to see if they can get approval for the $940 refund and will contact me (hopefully) within 7-10 days.

Oh I also forgot to mention I was charged twice for my monthly payment and again was informed today it was approved and still processing. That refund was initiated before this mess happened, about 3 weeks ago. My personal bank does not take long to deposit money into my account. I will be contacting the BBB and will demand my refund back. This is unnecessary and absolutely unacceptable. Once this mess is sorted out I will be taking yet another loan out to pay this card off and I will NEVER open another account with Citibank nor will I recommend this company to ANYONE!!

Original review: July 4, 2018

I have two accounts with this company and have been in business with them for 10 years. Despite these truths, recently this company decided to lower my limits to where I pretty much don’t have any availability left. Typically my balances are low and payments on time. Due to them rechecking my over credit they felt like taking away the bulk of my credit with them is necessary. I feel like I proved myself as a customer but they don’t.

I will be closing my accounts with them and sticking with my other credit card carriers that know how to treat their customers! Save your inquiry and save yourself the headaches of dealing with this substandard company. And to make matters worse the money they took away was going to be used on my baby girl that is due in 2 months. Thanks CitiCard for not being there when I need you!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Terrible service. Citibank is doing this security overhaul where almost everything you do looks like fraud. I was approved for a Citi Diamond Preferred card and did a balance transfer from some old cards that had high interest. It was the only reason I got it. Needless to say this was flagged as suspicious activity and my account was frozen. After 7 weeks, multiple calls, and filling out verification forms, it is still NOT resolved. Customer service is a joke. I think their call center is located in the Philippines. Very thick accents and I only understood maybe 60% of what they said. Not only that, but if you keep them on the phone for more than 5 minutes, they start rushing you. I guess they have more important things to do. Do not deal with this company.

Original review: June 30, 2018

First, a recommendation: Don't be lured in by the attractive cash-back offers and end up like me. Stick with an American Express (I LOVE my Amex, and the high quality of customer service is night-and-day). Jeez Citi... Even Bank of America isn't *this* bad... Onto "the why"... where do I begin? Despite being instantly approved, they won't let you create an online account without having the card number (ie, the physical card, in-hand). Amex let me create my online account as soon as I was approved, and even gave me a temporary number to start buying stuff online. I added it to my PayPal and Google wallets, allowing me to purchase things at brick-and-mortar locations too. Citi can't do that. Because you can't register for an account before receiving the card, you can't use the self-service online system, nor the online chat based support. Instead you must rely on their crappy phone customer service reps to get anything done.

The phone support reps are poorly trained, or maybe just incompetent. They all have thick accents (probably outsourced). I could deal with the accents, but the sound quality itself is TERRIBLE. I'm guessing that's an artifact of being transferred 3+ times before you finally get to someone who can solve your problem. Quality probably degrades with each transfer.

The phone menus are atrocious! I went through several steps of verification in menus, only to be asked the same exact questions by the customer support rep. They ask you for your full card number and social on the phone. That's an unnecessary security risk. They should only ask for the last 4 for authentication purposes. Or, even better, send you a one-time numeric code via text message. By comparison: I had a similar issue with American Express, and it was resolved on a single phone call by a single representative, in less than 10 minutes. They also verified my identity by text message, which is much safer than asking for your social. If you value your time, dodge this bullet: stay away from Citi!

So here's my story: I was instantly approved via online application on May 23, 2018. It is now June 30, and after a cumulative 2 hours on the phone, I still don't have my card yet! After these dealings with customer service, I wish I'd never opened this line of credit, but it's too late: They've already started reporting to the credit bureaus, reducing my average account age and dinging my score. I wish I could go back and choose a different card instead. I can't do that, but I can at least write this review so that others don't have to suffer like me.

The first card never made it to me, so I called to have another one sent. I had the second one sent to a different address (an apartment, where I have a dedicated, locked postal box). After waiting for [another] 15 days and not receiving the card, I tried following the instructions in the confirmation email: Logging into the online system to view the status. Only one problem: You can't create a login without having the card number, which can only come by snail-mail.

Continuing to follow the instructions in the confirmation email, I tried calling the number at the bottom of it. The first person I talked to said I was in the wrong department, and that I needed to talk to the "Application Status" department (even though my application was already approved). They transferred me, but I landed back on the same phone menu (not with a person). I tried navigating through this menu differently (a second time), only to end up with the same department (but a different agent). The second agent was able successfully get me to a human being in the right department, who proceeded to ask me the same identity verification questions for the 3rd time! (4th time if you include the automated system).

This agent was going to go ahead and send me yet another card, and verified my address. It was at that moment when I asked the agent: "what apartment number do you have?" As it turns out: they didn't have the apartment number. I can only assume that's why the last card never made it. Had I not asked this question to the agent, I'd have gone through this cycle yet again! I could not have known myself that they didn't have the apartment number, because the confirmation email they sent doesn't even have the ship-to address on it, and I cannot manage it online without already having the physical card.

The fact that this could even happen proves that their system does not validate postal addresses against the postal service before they print postage. In 2018, that's really basic stuff for anybody who ships anything. When Citi is making these sort of "elementary" mistakes in 2018, it really makes me wonder what other sort of flaws exist in their system.

It was an hour ago that I got off the phone with that last agent, and I have still yet to receive any sort of confirmation that my address was updated and a new card was sent. What if the person making that request was actually an identity thief? I, the account holder, would have no idea that this even happened, because they haven't sent me a confirmation yet. Very disheartening... Steer clear of this incompetent company. I can't imagine there are companies worse than this, but I know there are a handful that are MUCH better. Get an Amex: You won't be disappointed!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I am SO done with Citibank. I have had the card forever and have charges on it for a long time. Every time you call in to get help with something, it takes 20 minutes just to get to a live human. I am sick of computers asking me what I need help with. Then once you get through to a human, they are in another country where they don't even use credit cards. So they don't know how to answer your questions and just keep repeating what is on the screen in front of them. Then, there is no email address or mailing address to communicate any other way.

Citibank is WAY TOO BIG for its britches and is going to really lose business. They don't work on customer service. But the most frustrating thing was when I finally paid off my credit card, on the phone while talking to someone, I got a bill for interest three weeks later. The guy on the phone said nothing about receiving a new bill a month later! That is a load of crap!! I will never use Citibank again and don't recommend it to anyone. As a matter of fact, I will make it a mission in life not to use anything that is owned by Citibank and its conglomerate. I will also be doing EVERYTHING I can to warn other people.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Just opened a Citi double cash back card and have not had any problems with the 8-10 purchases made until trying to book a trip on both Expedia and Travelocity. Once I entered the credit card information and pressed the submit button, the website attempted to process then stopped and told me unfortunately the price of the round trip flight & hotel fees had gone up and I should book now to secure the new price. Price jumped from $2400 to $2650. I closed the browser, re-entered all the information with a Capital One card and it processed at the $2400 price. Very disappointed that the use of the card causes a high product cost. Much more than the additional cash back.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Despite a transaction dispute on a purchase (product rec'd not what I ordered) CitiCard processed $549.95 payment through my VISA to Amazon without advising me of seller's claim or giving me opportunity to dispute. Product returned and both Amazon and seller agreed I was due $549.95 refund plus my return shipping cost. Transaction was 11-22-2017 and when I contacted Amazon re status of refund, Amazon said full $549.95 refund processed back to my VISA some time ago, Contacted CitiCard & rep denied refund rec'd - said I needed to follow up w/ Amazon. Communicated with Amazon, seller and CitiCard for 6+ months. Both Amazon & seller adamant refund back to me was processed some time ago.

CitiCard continued to deny receipt of refund. Amazon supervisor urged me to request CitiCard to file a claim/dispute for the refund, saying every bank has procedures specific to that bank to follow up on behalf of their cardholders. When I followed up with CitiCard to request a claim on my behalf be filed, I learned that the Amazon rep's comment that "every bank has procedures to act on behalf of cardholders". THAT DID NOT INCLUDE CITICARD as the rep (knowing product had been returned and Amazon had stated refund to me had been processed by Amazon) told me it was up to me to either get the refund or pay the $549.95 shown on my account as an unpaid charge plus late fees and interest charges CitiCard had added. I had struggled for more than 6+ months communicating with CitiCard, Amazon & seller (both Amazon & seller concerned I still did not have refund) to no avail.

CitiCard said there was nothing CitiCard would do despite Amazon providing a phone number for CitiCard to follow up, etc. CitiCard obviously has all the documentation to clarify any confusion that may exist between CitiCard and Amazon. I DO NOT! I have done nothing wrong to create this problem. Reps are rude and arrogant. Have always had excellent credit - every bill paid in full every month -never ever had this type of experience. Obviously I do not have access to the accounting records of either CitiCard or Amazon. How can I possibly resolve this matter that threatens to damage my excellent credit??? The ultimate insult is that the CitiCard reps are referred to as "Response" reps. NO WONDER EVERY COMMENT AT THIS SITE IS "VERY DISSATISFIED WITH THE EXPERIENCE!" THIS HAS BEEN AND CONTINUES TO BE AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE! I am urgently in need of help.

CitiCard Company Information