1.05/5
Based on 98 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1218 CitiCard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

Recently I applied for a CitiCard promotion offer of Citi premium silver card with a 60,000 miles bonus offer after using the card for $3000.00 within three months. I started purchasing with this card to meet the requirement and spent more than $2300.00 within 2 months. Last week I called the customer service to ask the deadline to meet my requirement to get the bonus mileage. But I was really shocked to know that Citibank declined my bonus miles and told me that Citibank cancelled my very old card without informing me in July 2017 and that’s the reason for declining my bonus miles.

I escalated the complaint to a supervisor and he also provided the same reasoning. I never cancelled my card hence the clause they inserted in very small print in their application was “American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi AAdvantage card opened or closed in past 24 months.” According to this I should not be victimized since an old account was closed by Citibank without informing me and without any record. Since I did not cancelled the account Citibank cannot penalized me under this hidden clause. This action seems to be very “fishy” and nothing but a very poor customer service. Not only I will stop doing business with Citibank, I will advise hundreds of my friends in USA and abroad to stop using Citibank. I hope all the readers pass this Information to your social network to make sure Citibank can’t get away with this kind of lousy customer service.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I am spending countless hours banging my head against a wall trying to get Citibank to resolve 3 disputes. They continuously give me incorrect information, and are incapable of crediting back customer accounts after disputes are found in the customer’s favor. I was told over the phone that one dispute was found in my favor, then Citibank sent me emails telling me it was still open. Another dispute was found in my favor, I was told I would be credited in two days, and it's been over two months and I still have not received the credit.

A third dispute I was promised I would receive a call from Citibank asking for my documentation, but I never received any phone calls since the promised date. I have called Citibank’s President’s Office and spoke with Tessha ** who told me she would help me resolve my dispute problems and call me back, which she never did. I followed up with several voice mails to Ms. **, none of which were answered back. I then sent multiple emails to Citibank (executive.response.unit@citi.com), none of which have been returned.

I am now going to The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency - United States Department of the Treasury, and also to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, for help, since Citibank is apparently incapable of managing customer disputes, and whose President’s Office NEVER returns phone calls or emails. As soon as these three disputes are resolved I am moving all my Citibank and Citicard accounts to Chase Bank. Enough is enough already.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 15, 2018

Citibank credit cards customer service is the worst. I can't deal with this department anymore and I need help to get my $50.00 dollars back that they do not want to return to me. I paid the AAdvantage credit card $50.00 on March 26th 2018 through my Bank JP Morgan Chase online payment. I always pay my bills in the same way. Since March I have been calling asking them where is my payment of $50.00 that they received in March. In April they credit my account temporarily until they investigated, they asked me proof of payment as my statement from my bank (Chase). I send it to them, they did not respond receipt and they reversed the $50 again. When I called again they told me that the statement was not enough proof when that was what they asked me. They closed the investigation. I spoke to Chase again and they said that in the statement is very clear that they received the payment. I don't know what to do. I want my money back.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have a Costco Citibank card that I once used for nearly every purchase I made, especially so that I could receive the rewards refund money. Not anymore after the following incident, which has me mad at Costco as well. I contacted Citibank about an overcharge to my account made by a rental car company, and I provided clear written proof that the company contract stated I would owe a specific amount for 4 days rental, and nothing more so long as I did not purchase add ons like refueling, etc.

I provided all of the following information to Citibank to aid in their investigation. I had rented the car through Southwest for an amount certain and specific, and upon arriving to claim the car, I got a confirmation contract from the rental agency with the exact same time and terms as Southwest quoted. When I returned the car on time, the agency stated they would email my receipt.

The next day when I received the emailed receipt, I saw that they had overcharged me. In effect, they had basically penalized me for renting the car for less than a week, when they knew I would be renting it for less than a week. They showed a charge per day that was more expensive than it would have been for a week. I presented all proof to Citibank, including all of the contracts and correspondences. The final email contract was clearly not accepted by me, as I never even signed it. It did serve to show that I had not purchased additional items, and that the agency knew I'd only be renting the car for 4 days.

Citibank closed the dispute in favor of the rental agency, with no explanation other than to show me the agency's response, which was a couple of sentences with spelling errors, and a copy of the unsigned email contract with the overcharged amount, stating that I had agreed to it so I wasn't getting a refund. I then contacted the BBB, and they got me a refund of the entire amount, plus multiple apologies in a detailed message from the rental agency admitting that they had "accidentally" overcharged me.

The internet is replete with similar experiences customers have had with rental car agencies, and Citibank has got to be aware of this exact same issue, wherein rental car companies deceptively rent cars for durations shorter than one week at a price stated that is less than the cost for one week, only to turn around and slap renters with rates higher than that charged for a week, because the customer did not rent for one week when the agency knew for a fact ahead of time that the duration would be for less than one week. This practice should be penalized by Citibank and other credit card companies as a means of forcing rental car agencies to end this deceptive business tactic. Citibank should have found in my favor, instead the company made me spend time contacting the BBB, and obtain my refund that way.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Their accounting system is set up in such a way that you can never reconcile your monthly payments or know how much you owe before the end the billing cycle. I have gone over my accounts and have shown them where they have overcharged me but they won't acknowledge the numbers. I keep getting the same old, "we reviewed your statement and it is correct." There is something very wrong with this company. I am going to find another Visa card.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: July 6, 2018

I would warn everyone to not get mixed up with this CitiCard. I got a Mastercard on April 22, 2018, I used it, and on May 5th, 13 day later, the bill come due, I paid it in full, then I used it in May, and on June 5th the bill come due, I paid bill in full, I again used it in the month of June, and on July 5th the bill come due. I paid in full. Then I got an email saying they had waived the late charges! What late charges? I paid it in full every time it come due, and on the date it came due! There is no way I owed any late charges. They were telling me that it was due on the 2nd of the month, but the bill didn't come out until the 3 days later. I tried talking with them, but I don't where I was talking with the people, they could barely speak English, and I could barely understand what they were saying. I immediately cancelled that card. When you see CitiCard... Better run like hell!!!

Original review: July 5, 2018

I have had an account with Citibank double cash and I deeply regret getting involved with them. I will always bank with Discover. Anyways, I took a personal loan out to consolidate some of my credit cards. I sent some of the money ($940) to Citibank and I realized it would better to pay off 3 more cards with smaller balances. I called them to ask to not accept the payment. Initially they told me to contact the bank from where I got the loan. I did and the loan company told me they couldn't change anything once they sent the money to the creditors.

I call Citibank slightly frustrated because it's always frustrating dealing with them. Of course I can't understand him and he ends the call VERY rudely and tells me to call back once the payment processed and ask for a refund then. A week goes by and I call to initiate the refund. They tell me no problem, this will be done in 7-10 business days. Some time goes by and I'm not seeing the money. I call them today and was told the refund was denied and they had lowered my credit limit to over $1000 less making it so I am over my limit currently with absolutely no notification about any of this.

Regarding my credit limit decrease, they told me to contact Equifax which it doesn't make sense they Equifax would specifically lower this card's credit limit when I have more than ten accounts that are way below their credit limit (by thousands of dollars) and none of those have been lowered. Not to mention the fact that I was just approved for a store credit card! They are trying to see if they can get approval for the $940 refund and will contact me (hopefully) within 7-10 days.

Oh I also forgot to mention I was charged twice for my monthly payment and again was informed today it was approved and still processing. That refund was initiated before this mess happened, about 3 weeks ago. My personal bank does not take long to deposit money into my account. I will be contacting the BBB and will demand my refund back. This is unnecessary and absolutely unacceptable. Once this mess is sorted out I will be taking yet another loan out to pay this card off and I will NEVER open another account with Citibank nor will I recommend this company to ANYONE!!

Original review: July 4, 2018

I have two accounts with this company and have been in business with them for 10 years. Despite these truths, recently this company decided to lower my limits to where I pretty much don’t have any availability left. Typically my balances are low and payments on time. Due to them rechecking my over credit they felt like taking away the bulk of my credit with them is necessary. I feel like I proved myself as a customer but they don’t.

I will be closing my accounts with them and sticking with my other credit card carriers that know how to treat their customers! Save your inquiry and save yourself the headaches of dealing with this substandard company. And to make matters worse the money they took away was going to be used on my baby girl that is due in 2 months. Thanks CitiCard for not being there when I need you!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Terrible service. Citibank is doing this security overhaul where almost everything you do looks like fraud. I was approved for a Citi Diamond Preferred card and did a balance transfer from some old cards that had high interest. It was the only reason I got it. Needless to say this was flagged as suspicious activity and my account was frozen. After 7 weeks, multiple calls, and filling out verification forms, it is still NOT resolved. Customer service is a joke. I think their call center is located in the Philippines. Very thick accents and I only understood maybe 60% of what they said. Not only that, but if you keep them on the phone for more than 5 minutes, they start rushing you. I guess they have more important things to do. Do not deal with this company.

Original review: June 30, 2018

First, a recommendation: Don't be lured in by the attractive cash-back offers and end up like me. Stick with an American Express (I LOVE my Amex, and the high quality of customer service is night-and-day). Jeez Citi... Even Bank of America isn't *this* bad... Onto "the why"... where do I begin? Despite being instantly approved, they won't let you create an online account without having the card number (ie, the physical card, in-hand). Amex let me create my online account as soon as I was approved, and even gave me a temporary number to start buying stuff online. I added it to my PayPal and Google wallets, allowing me to purchase things at brick-and-mortar locations too. Citi can't do that. Because you can't register for an account before receiving the card, you can't use the self-service online system, nor the online chat based support. Instead you must rely on their crappy phone customer service reps to get anything done.

The phone support reps are poorly trained, or maybe just incompetent. They all have thick accents (probably outsourced). I could deal with the accents, but the sound quality itself is TERRIBLE. I'm guessing that's an artifact of being transferred 3+ times before you finally get to someone who can solve your problem. Quality probably degrades with each transfer.

The phone menus are atrocious! I went through several steps of verification in menus, only to be asked the same exact questions by the customer support rep. They ask you for your full card number and social on the phone. That's an unnecessary security risk. They should only ask for the last 4 for authentication purposes. Or, even better, send you a one-time numeric code via text message. By comparison: I had a similar issue with American Express, and it was resolved on a single phone call by a single representative, in less than 10 minutes. They also verified my identity by text message, which is much safer than asking for your social. If you value your time, dodge this bullet: stay away from Citi!

So here's my story: I was instantly approved via online application on May 23, 2018. It is now June 30, and after a cumulative 2 hours on the phone, I still don't have my card yet! After these dealings with customer service, I wish I'd never opened this line of credit, but it's too late: They've already started reporting to the credit bureaus, reducing my average account age and dinging my score. I wish I could go back and choose a different card instead. I can't do that, but I can at least write this review so that others don't have to suffer like me.

The first card never made it to me, so I called to have another one sent. I had the second one sent to a different address (an apartment, where I have a dedicated, locked postal box). After waiting for [another] 15 days and not receiving the card, I tried following the instructions in the confirmation email: Logging into the online system to view the status. Only one problem: You can't create a login without having the card number, which can only come by snail-mail.

Continuing to follow the instructions in the confirmation email, I tried calling the number at the bottom of it. The first person I talked to said I was in the wrong department, and that I needed to talk to the "Application Status" department (even though my application was already approved). They transferred me, but I landed back on the same phone menu (not with a person). I tried navigating through this menu differently (a second time), only to end up with the same department (but a different agent). The second agent was able successfully get me to a human being in the right department, who proceeded to ask me the same identity verification questions for the 3rd time! (4th time if you include the automated system).

This agent was going to go ahead and send me yet another card, and verified my address. It was at that moment when I asked the agent: "what apartment number do you have?" As it turns out: they didn't have the apartment number. I can only assume that's why the last card never made it. Had I not asked this question to the agent, I'd have gone through this cycle yet again! I could not have known myself that they didn't have the apartment number, because the confirmation email they sent doesn't even have the ship-to address on it, and I cannot manage it online without already having the physical card.

The fact that this could even happen proves that their system does not validate postal addresses against the postal service before they print postage. In 2018, that's really basic stuff for anybody who ships anything. When Citi is making these sort of "elementary" mistakes in 2018, it really makes me wonder what other sort of flaws exist in their system.

It was an hour ago that I got off the phone with that last agent, and I have still yet to receive any sort of confirmation that my address was updated and a new card was sent. What if the person making that request was actually an identity thief? I, the account holder, would have no idea that this even happened, because they haven't sent me a confirmation yet. Very disheartening... Steer clear of this incompetent company. I can't imagine there are companies worse than this, but I know there are a handful that are MUCH better. Get an Amex: You won't be disappointed!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I am SO done with Citibank. I have had the card forever and have charges on it for a long time. Every time you call in to get help with something, it takes 20 minutes just to get to a live human. I am sick of computers asking me what I need help with. Then once you get through to a human, they are in another country where they don't even use credit cards. So they don't know how to answer your questions and just keep repeating what is on the screen in front of them. Then, there is no email address or mailing address to communicate any other way.

Citibank is WAY TOO BIG for its britches and is going to really lose business. They don't work on customer service. But the most frustrating thing was when I finally paid off my credit card, on the phone while talking to someone, I got a bill for interest three weeks later. The guy on the phone said nothing about receiving a new bill a month later! That is a load of crap!! I will never use Citibank again and don't recommend it to anyone. As a matter of fact, I will make it a mission in life not to use anything that is owned by Citibank and its conglomerate. I will also be doing EVERYTHING I can to warn other people.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Just opened a Citi double cash back card and have not had any problems with the 8-10 purchases made until trying to book a trip on both Expedia and Travelocity. Once I entered the credit card information and pressed the submit button, the website attempted to process then stopped and told me unfortunately the price of the round trip flight & hotel fees had gone up and I should book now to secure the new price. Price jumped from $2400 to $2650. I closed the browser, re-entered all the information with a Capital One card and it processed at the $2400 price. Very disappointed that the use of the card causes a high product cost. Much more than the additional cash back.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Despite a transaction dispute on a purchase (product rec'd not what I ordered) CitiCard processed $549.95 payment through my VISA to Amazon without advising me of seller's claim or giving me opportunity to dispute. Product returned and both Amazon and seller agreed I was due $549.95 refund plus my return shipping cost. Transaction was 11-22-2017 and when I contacted Amazon re status of refund, Amazon said full $549.95 refund processed back to my VISA some time ago, Contacted CitiCard & rep denied refund rec'd - said I needed to follow up w/ Amazon. Communicated with Amazon, seller and CitiCard for 6+ months. Both Amazon & seller adamant refund back to me was processed some time ago.

CitiCard continued to deny receipt of refund. Amazon supervisor urged me to request CitiCard to file a claim/dispute for the refund, saying every bank has procedures specific to that bank to follow up on behalf of their cardholders. When I followed up with CitiCard to request a claim on my behalf be filed, I learned that the Amazon rep's comment that "every bank has procedures to act on behalf of cardholders". THAT DID NOT INCLUDE CITICARD as the rep (knowing product had been returned and Amazon had stated refund to me had been processed by Amazon) told me it was up to me to either get the refund or pay the $549.95 shown on my account as an unpaid charge plus late fees and interest charges CitiCard had added. I had struggled for more than 6+ months communicating with CitiCard, Amazon & seller (both Amazon & seller concerned I still did not have refund) to no avail.

CitiCard said there was nothing CitiCard would do despite Amazon providing a phone number for CitiCard to follow up, etc. CitiCard obviously has all the documentation to clarify any confusion that may exist between CitiCard and Amazon. I DO NOT! I have done nothing wrong to create this problem. Reps are rude and arrogant. Have always had excellent credit - every bill paid in full every month -never ever had this type of experience. Obviously I do not have access to the accounting records of either CitiCard or Amazon. How can I possibly resolve this matter that threatens to damage my excellent credit??? The ultimate insult is that the CitiCard reps are referred to as "Response" reps. NO WONDER EVERY COMMENT AT THIS SITE IS "VERY DISSATISFIED WITH THE EXPERIENCE!" THIS HAS BEEN AND CONTINUES TO BE AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE! I am urgently in need of help.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have been a Citibank cardholder for over 10+ years with very few issues. My wife and I recently changed our cell phone carrier and wanted to set up ApplePay. I had no issues with setting it up with American Express, Discover and my other credit cards however my Citicard was shut down by what was supposedly a 'fraud alert.' I called the bank and was advised by the Customer Service agent that they are required to complete an account verification process. At first I was under the assumption that this verification was to make sure that I was the actual cardholder and not someone trying to fraudulently access my account. "Do you currently have any other credit cards with Citibank? Do you have either a Citibank Checking or Savings Account? Who is your employer and how can we speak with them?"

I advised I did not have any other cards with Citi and I use an alternative for my banking but I let them know who my employer was and provided a phone number. I was placed on hold for around 5 minutes before the agent tells me that they were unable to verify my account due to an extended hold time when they reached out to my employer. At this point I was extremely irritated and asked why they even needed to speak with my employer to which the agent responded, "I am not allowed to say."

After reading other reviews; it is obvious to me that Citi has decided that they do not trust their long-time card holders and feel the need to pry into our finances and livelihood to determine if we are worthy. I have an 820 credit score and have never missed a payment or even paid interest to Citibank. My wallet is a little lighter today but I won't miss this card. I advised the representative that there would be no reason to go any further and I would be doing business with other banks.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Disputed a charge with a hotel. Didn't really perform any investigation - just closed the dispute after a week w/o any explanation in merchants favor. When I called their dispute resolution department, all I got was a suggestion that I send an email to them (because investigators have no other way to communicate, apparently). They didn't even bother responding to me - so I have no idea if anyone even looked at my email or thought anything of it. Horrible service. I'm a long time customer - switching to Chase.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I applied for a Citi secured Mastercard online on June 3rd but cancelled the application when I found out the processing time was longer than I was willing to wait. I applied for another card from a different financial institution the same day and received it in 7 days... meanwhile 12 days after I canceled my Citi application they took money from my other bank account anyway without notice or authorization. I'm stuck 1700 miles from home and all I'm getting from them is 7 to 10 days to get a refund.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Any issues with your card better carve out of few hours, minor issues would take me talking to about 4-5 different people in different departments, giving them all the same information, and all the calls are out of the country. Horrible customer service.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I always had Chase. (A+ by the way). But I opened up a credit card with Citibank because of a great credit card promotion. I purchased a sofa online and it wound up being not as described on the website. After finding out the scamming nature of the company I bought it from I put in a dispute with Citibank right away. The day the merchant sent back a response the credit was reversed. I sent back my "evidence" which took me over an hour to put together of correspondence, pictures, and everything else I had. I received an email back from Citibank the next day saying because I never sent them the proof of return the investigation has been stopped and the dispute has been officially closed. Ummmmm what? Proof of return? How could I return it if nothing has been settled? Why didn't anyone call me to tell me I should return it?!

I called up Citibank the next day and got a very nice gentleman on the phone who was so apologetic. He also told me that it looked like Citibank made a mistake by putting in the reason for the dispute as "RETURNED ITEM BUT NEVER RECEIVED REFUND" and that was why what happened happened. I sighed with relief because now I understood why I received that response! He said it would be much more cost effective and easiser for them to just credit me the shipping cost an 25% restocking fee the merchant offered me. Fine. Beautiful!

He wanted to make sure the merchant would still expect the return so he called which was very nice of him. He was on hold a while when he came back and said they never answered. I joked that now he knew the reason for my dispute lol. I told him I will call and make sure and call them back. I called the merchant who agreed to take back the sofa BUT now... the shipping fee was never included in that amount. I would have to hire my own courier to ship the couch to a different state. I received a quote of an additional $210. I figured Citibank made a mistake I shouldn't have to pay for it so I called them back.

I spoke to a new person the next day. Mind you, everyone I speak to is automatically assuming I don't know what I'm talking about until I walk them through all the paperwork and dispute information. This time I spoke to a nice woman named Meredith. She ALSO was very apologetic once she realized what happened and how Citibank marked the wrong dispute information. She said she didn't have the authority to give a larger credit but she would put in a request for a call from a supervisor right away to help me out! Great. A little bit of a runaround but... I get it.

The next day... I get a call from someone who was VERY rude right away. Rachelle. I went on to explain the situation... for the third time. This person completely flipped everything around and said something completely different. She said that I didn't follow any info that was in their return policy. That I didn't return it within 15 days. So I stopped her and told her it had nothing to do with that because they will accept the return but with a 25% restocking fee because they didn't agree with me that that it wasn't as described (which was what the dispute was!!!).

So after some horrid back and forth she said she would recommend that I return it and send them proof. So I said "Okay! If I return it the dispute will be reopen?" and she said she couldn't guarantee that. To be clear, my dispute was closed. She wanted me to PAY the courier $210 to return it to not even be sure if Citibank would still help me or fight for me. Let alone be sure if I would get any money back.

ALSO as a side note, which really made my blood boil, was she had the nerve to say Meredith and the nice gentleman that helped me in the previous days were "ONLY REPRESENTATIVES" and didn't understand the situation and that she's the supervisor. How can a supervisor of a company as big as Citibank throw their people right under the bus. The only people that helped me were the people she threw under the bus. I would never write a bad review if they fought for me and found the merchant to be in the right. But what I absolutely did not like is the admission of a mistake and no willingness (or ability) to help me at all. Citibank is a big company. Train your people. Own up to your mistakes.

Original review: May 31, 2018

In America we have legal tender called dollars and cents. I went into a Citibank branch today. I was asked if I had ever made a payment with cash before at that location. I said never, as I was traveling. My home state does not have branches, so while traveling I thought I will just go pay my bill. Well, then I am told they need to see my ID and continued to input my personal info into their computer even though I am a customer! The man then asked if I was employed! I told him I was retired. He then went further asking me what my job was before I became retired!

Now I am pissed!!! I left the bank after he finally put in my payment, and I immediately called Citibank where I was told that they will not take cash from me or anyone starting in July. I was told to use the ATM... BUT... I don't have a ATM card and will not deposit cash into a machine. I have been a customer in great standing for nearly 20 years! I am now rethinking my decision to stay as a customer. Unbelievable! They need to close their branches if they refuse to take cash!

Original review: May 30, 2018

CitiCard has the worst customer service. The customer service for AMEX free cards is actually an improvement! I have an ongoing dispute since Aug 2017. CITI accepts whatever document the merchant sends back as justification and CITI reverses the credit! They do not even look at the document or try to make links with it. It the customer who has to keep mailing letters to dispute the resolution. It doesn't require even a college grad to add 2+2, but CITI's investigators are probably???

Original review: May 23, 2018

I mailed payments out on 5/9/18 to Citicard and American Express and mixed up the envelopes. Amex returned the check being honest, Citicard cashed it. Then they can’t repay me unless they get an ok from the primary account holder - who has been DEAD for over a year. Since they couldn’t talk to him, they cancelled the account. Don’t know if I’ll ever get my $900 back and the other family members on my account now don’t have access to Costco either. Too bad they can steal money like this.

Original review: May 21, 2018 I noticed my credit score slowly declining, so I ran my report. I seen an account on there in regards to a Citi Bank/Shell Gas Card. Being that I had no idea what this was in reference to I immediately called them. They proceeded to tell me someone else opened it and put me as an authorized user, as an authorized user (even though I knew nothing of any card, nor did I sign anything, nor was I notified) the account goes on my credit report also. I asked could I remove my name from the account, because they wouldn't let me close it. In order to remove my name from an account I didn't know I was on, didn't agree to be on and didn't use. I have to fax a letter stating: MY NAME, PRIMARY ACCOUNT HOLDER NAME, PRIMARY ACCOUNT HOLDER SOCIAL, MY SOCIAL, MY D.O.B., CONTACT #

MAILING ADDRESS.

All that just to try to remove my name from an account I had no knowledge of. Then this stupid woman tells me it'll take 30 - 60 damn days. My daughter is 2 and she could read a letter faster than that. SAVE YOUR HEADACHE and DO NOT, FOR the LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT USE CITIBANK or any of their RESOURCES!!!

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have had my Citi Double Cash Credit Card for about two years and I have to say that it was one of the worst decisions I've ever made. The Customer Service Representatives are rude, extremely unhelpful and very poorly educated in regards to their job position. I made a payment from my checking account to my Citi Card and 15 minutes later, Citi took out a duplicate payment, causing my checking account to go into the negatives. Citi caused me to rack up almost $150 in overdraft fees, because they returned the money and then took it back about 3 times. The first Rep told me that he could "offer me $10 for my troubles" which to be honest, is just insulting. His "supervisor," literally, word for word, said, "You just aren't understanding that I can't help you" to which I replied, "so basically you're saying you aren't helping me and to get over it?"...to which she replied, "yes mam."

She claimed that the duplicate payment was put toward my balance, which is literally impossible because how can money that doesn't exist be put toward my balance?! Needless to say they refused to refund me the duplicate payment as well as my overdraft fees. Luckily, I have my checking account with TD Bank where the CSRs are very polite, well-trained and willing to help and they reimbursed me the fees. I am closing the Citi card, transferring my balances to a new card, and will never use Citibank again.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I've had CitiCard for years now. I originally got the card because they convert what you spend to miles that you can use for car, travel, hotel, etc. It's amazing for that but my recent experience pushed me off of the fence that I had been on with them and right into making a decision to pay off the card and sever my relationship. I don't usually take advantage of promos on cards but I thought that I would try it. They have some pretty good offers. 0% on balance transfers or purchases for at least 18 months. Their idea is to get you to max out your limit because they just keep coming. They want to keep you in debt.

To take advantage of their offers, you pay a percentage of the amount so they nail you with that. I bit the bullet on that but, whatever. However, when their promo ends and you want to pay it off, they make no mention of it other than hiding it on the last page of your statement. I knew that I had a promo offer ending on 5/1. I was taking a trip so I made a huge payment of $5000 before leaving. I assumed that this amount would apply to the $3000 that I had as an expiring offer. Nope.

5/1 came and went and they took my $5K and threw the promo rate into standard purchases slamming me with interest charges. I called and what once was a pleasurable experience with the company, went dark. I was told that I had to call in to satisfy the promo amount. Huh? I've been a customer for years and you would think that they would give me a courtesy message in my account indicating to me that my promo rate would be expiring and that if I wanted to pay it off, to give them a call. You know why they don't? They want to make sure that you pay back the interest free that you've had for over 18 months. It's deception and I don't want anything to do with this. Shame on CitiCards for doing this to their cardholders. Not cool. When I pay you off, I'm moving on.

Original review: May 8, 2018

They pulled my credit report TWICE in less than 10 DAYS. Then denied because of too many Inquiries. This is after they said they were going to increase while I was in the store making a purchase that maxed my credit card. They could not verify my card, so they said they would send a new one. When I got the new card they pulled my credit again, THEN DENIED. I would never recommend their services to anyone. I HAVE ALSO CONTACTED BEST BUY TO LET THEM KNOW WHAT THEY ARE ASSOCIATED WITH. Citi just says SORRY. What a JOKE.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Citibank CC lowered our credit limit due to 1 loan we had to take out in an emergency, this lower of our limit resulted in our credit score going down. This was un-called for, we had paid Citi on time every month, we had even paid early and over the minimum often. We do not even use this card and are planning to pay if off in less than a year.

You would think they would try to make contact with you on why the sudden increase in debt. I actually lost a family member and needed to take an emergency loan. Even that will be paid off soon, their reasons was their credit bureau makes their decisions. So basically, all your hard work on keeping up with payments on time and not maxing out your credit and doing a good job means nothing if you have some other issue come up to where you take out a loan or whatever. I was so disappointed (which is me speaking proper). Unfortunately, I just now seen HOW LOW their rating is, with all these other reviews. I now see I went with the wrong card, my suggestion, do not go with CITIBANK. Capital One and American Express is much more professional and customer friendly.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Activated the New Costco Citi Card, but the first attempted transaction was denied: Then, had to call in to find out why the card wouldn't set up in my Apple Pay Wallet and was told that they needed to confirm my number, which is apparently a two week process. Had to call in to figure why I could not download the CitiCard app. Was asked a number of questions and then told I did not pass the identification test. Because of that (I forgot the age of the mom of a guy I was married to for three years more than 20 years ago), I was then blocked from logging into citicards.com as well. If enjoy being frustrated, this is the card for you.

Original review: April 27, 2018

For 14 years we have paid on time and in full. This month for some reason (they are saying we checked a box on the website - which we don't think we did) we didn't get a bill in the mail. We did get a letter saying we didn't pay this last bill. We searched for it and found the bill in our non-primary email. We called immediately and "Tara" heard the entire story and then said she wouldn't waive the $23 fee so we can cancel the account and she was fine with that... she never even offered any recourse. REALLY?? So after 14 years of being a perfect customer - they just lost all of our business. They need some serious help in their retention department!

Original review: April 25, 2018

During the past six months, I've noticed that many pending charges on my CitiCard remain as pending charges, even though the actual charge has already posted. I've talked to merchants, and they've given me transaction batch numbers to relay back to CitiCard, showing that the pending charge can be dropped, yet CitiCard continues to leave the pending charges on the account for a month. I suspect that this is an accounting scam/gimmick that CitiCard is employing - keeping millions or billions of dollars tied up in pending charges, unavailable to the card users, and earning interest on this boatload of money.

Original review: April 17, 2018

CitiCards has the worst customer service. First, the online account doesn't allow you to manage two credit cards at once, you need to have separate accounts for each credit card, this is stupid!!! Second, the customer service would hang up the phone while the issue is not resolved!!!! This is really bad! I highly recommend Chase Bank. For anyone who is considering Citibank, I highly recommend switch to Chase Bank. The online account management is sooo convenient, and the customer service never hang up my phone call. Citibank should really consider better IT support and better customer service.

CitiCard Company Information