3.9/5 (657 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About CitiCard

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

CitiCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

My husband and I opened up a new account with them, it has been close to two months and we never received the card. I called to find out what happened and no one could tell me anything. Instead they issued a new card, which is great but I need to make a payment. The rep I spoke to yesterday said to log in online and make a payment. I told her I can't register for an account because I don't have the card. She then proceeded to tell me to call the number on the back of the card to make a payment. I said, "Look, I DON'T HAVE THE CARD!" She said she was unable to take a payment from me. Someone else would have to do that, keep in mind this was the 3rd person I talked to!

So I called again today to try to make another payment and I was told I was unable to make a payment because we have not set up an account online. I DON'T HAVE THE FREAKING CARD PEOPLE! I have never experienced incompetence like this. He told me to pay when I get the card, but now I am going to have a late fee, how is this my fault? You failed to send the card, I went through three people to try to make a payment and got the answer, "I can't do that." For a first time customer, this is not a great way to start off.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

This card has zero customer service. I make payments every 2 two weeks and this company can not apply payments, track missing payments, and can't offer any support when you mail them money. The phone calls are to individuals that can not understand why you call. The chat is only answered if it is to process a payment. I think this may be the worst credit card company I have ever had to deal with in regard to fighting them to credit my payments. I do not recommend this card!

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

90% time when you try to dispute something there's a system glitch saying the page is temporarily available. Their customer service is unprofessional, rude and useless. The environment is very poor and you can often hear much noise like someone else's chatting over the phone. You ask them to do something and they tell you it's done, while it turns out nothing has been done later. Don't waste time with them.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I was a Citicard holder for approximately 3 years..just one of many credit accounts I have. My credit limit was $15,000 which is in line with my other card limits. Over an 18 mo period, we purchased a new home and did a lot of traveling. I used my credit. This week I paid off everything..over $80,000 as well as TWO car loans totaling about $63,000. Never was I late or miss a payment on ANY credit line. Citicard “thanked” me by lowering my limit from $15,000 to $500. What a joke and insult.

That’s what is offered to those recovering from bankruptcy or 18 yr olds getting their first credit card. I am 61 yrs old with 40 yrs of credit history and a household income that is over $300,000/yr. I called to verify this was how they treat good customers and because the entire system is based on algorithms, (I had gone over the 50% mark on my credit lines), the customer service agent couldn’t help me. I closed the account and am writing this as forewarning to others. Citicard is RIDICULOUS.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Got an email thanking me for applying for the Best Buy Citicard attaching a pdf asking me to complete my application. Called the customer service number on the email immediately to report fraud. Lol. What a joke. Robots. No humans. Googled fraud department and called and got this person working “offshore” who talked over me the whole time. Told me she can’t help me and transferred me to the 4th bad number. Bottom line. Now someone has a credit card with my information and I’m stuck dealing with it.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I recently accepted an invitation for a Citi Custom CC, the first month was ok, received my thank you points no issues, the next month, I started having issues with Citi Card, they would intentionally delay posting my mail-in payments. They refused to remove pending charges even at the request of the merchant, told me it will remain pending for 30 days and then I can file a dispute, even error pending charges, they have majority non-English-speaking agents whom you can't understand and are very rude, they will disconnect the call if you ask for a supervisor or manager.

One particular issue, I mailed my payment in, they held it and lied, stating they did not have the payment for 12 days, my due date was on that 12th day, I called to make a payment over the phone and the agent was unable to process my payment by phone with my debit card. The next day my mail in payment posts. How are they allowed to deceive, mislead, and falsify information to account holders? This bank needs to be DE-LICENSED.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I had a Citi® Flex loan on my credit card! What I didn't like was, They affected my credit score negatively badly from like 890 to 650, since it's reported as a credit card balance! they didn't tell me what type of loan, which I found out they treat it like a mortgage, which they deduct most of the interest in the first year, so after one year and a half I find out I didn't pay much out of my loan! So if you pay off the loan within 2 years instead of 5, you paid interest more than principle! That is scam to cheat you and collect interest as much as they can!! I didn't like all of that! Won't do loans with them again!

Original review: June 22, 2022

I started off with an unsecured credit line of $200 and I've been making my payments on time every single time for about 2 years now and my credit score has increased dramatically and they still tell me I have to keep it as that and they won't increase my credit limit. Capital One and other banks are more customer-oriented and do a review and increase the limit but not this so I DO NOT recommend anyone who had poor or no credit to rebuilt their credit to NOT go with Citibank.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Reserved a room at Motel 6 for February 2, 2021 to February 10, 2021. Rate quoted was $475.85. When the CitiCard statement for February 2021 arrived it showed Motel 6 charged $833.69. CitiCard has refused a credit for the fraud for the past sixteen months, as it advertises. For the last sixteen months what CitiCard has done is issue me two new credit card numbers, told me twice over the phone that the fraud had been reversed, investigated a valid charge, refused my request to speak with a supervisor, argued with me on the phone because I used the word "fraud" to describe the credit card fraud, and was told that I had waited too long to fill out forms they had NOT sent me.

Original review: June 2, 2022

After the required 4 years of waiting I applied for a CITI AAdvantage card. Within 6 weeks they closed the account twice. They claimed they could not verify my address even though I sent them a utility bill. They claimed I had not spend the $2500 but in fact I spent over $2600 which they did not give me credit for. They denied the 50K American Airlines miles they had offered.

CITI is a really crappy company and phone service is non-existent. The people who answer the phone can not help you. I spent way too much time trying to resolve this and they send letters with wrong information. Again CITI is ** and to be avoided. American Airlines service is not much better. Why would anyone want to try and use these companies any longer. I don't plan on flying any time in the near future but will avoid AA. I certainly do not need the harrasment from CITI.

CitiCard Company Information