CitiCard

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Received Citi Simplicity Card in mail today 9/18/2017 @ 7:19 pm. I successfully activated the card. However, upon registering for an online account I was asked for a code word to validate my account. Confused I called the Customer Service # listed on the card and explained to the first representative I am a new account holder; just received card, activated and have no such code word. I was told I needed to verify my identity. That call ended by her disconnecting and two calls later I spoke with Kevin and repeated the above. I informed Kevin I was recording the call as the two previous calls ended abruptly and I was unclear why. Kevin proceeded to tell me he needed a number to verify me. I told him I had three numbers. He immediately tried my landline number and stated my name (verified it was me and my Xfinity account) but then proceeded to tell me my Xfinity number did not meet the criteria.

When I asked what the criteria was he stated "that information is classified." I proceeded to ask Kevin to close the account as I knew there was something immensely wrong with the verification process. He stated he could not use the other two active working numbers (personal cell phone and business cell phone) but a supposed random number listed by my ss#. He then proceeded to call this number and upon returning to the call ask me about a family member, I laughed because he was referring to my 4-year-old son! The entirety of the call was recorded and I made Kevin fully aware of the recording multiple times and he agreed to be recorded. In the end Kevin refused to closed the account as I requested because the three numbers he could call did not meet a "classified" list of qualifications.

I've been an account holder with CITI credit card 2-3 years. Yes, I did take advantage of a 'balance transfer" based on it had to be repaid by 3-1-2018, at 0%, with no monthly payments required. While talking with a rep, regarding, I think the June 2017 statement, he asked about an interest rate of 5.99%, going forth on the account. WHY would I not think this applied to any unpaid balance on the account... No it was the daily rate charged on my purchases. Who does this? I feel as though I was duped by the rep. He probably had some sorta incentive to do this to X amount of consumers. I have destroyed the card and will pay them in full when my charges for the last few days have posted.

Purchased a laptop online from Dell for my son's birthday. I was then sent an automated text from Citi asking whether I had made this purchase. I replied yes. Then got notice from Dell that there was a problem with my purchase and that they would attempt to process the purchase the next business day. As it was late at night, Dell customer service was closed. This delay may cause the laptop NOT to arrive in time for my son's birthday. I called Citi customer service; was told the purchase was denied because it was suspected to be fraudulent. I asked why they couldn't have contacted me to verify the purchase prior to not authorizing the purchase. No valid reason was given. What is the point of having a credit card if you can't use it? I am more than annoyed!

I cannot describe how frustrating and unfair it is to find out that my credit card, an 11-year old account, has just been canceled for "inactivity over 25 months". I have been working as a Peace Corps Volunteer for almost two years, and now that I am months away from returning home I have to learn that my card has been canceled after trying to buy my ticket online. I have made all efforts to constantly communicate with them over the phone to check on my account (for fraud activity), to update my US address, and to place the necessary travel notices. They have offered to submit a "complex" request to reinstate the account only after completing a process that is more like applying for a new card! Again, I have been working as a volunteer for the past 24 months with a very low stipend, is it fair for my relationship with Citibank to be based on these past 25 months instead of the past 11 years! What a major betrayal and lack of customer service!

I was disputing a charge but because they outsource to other countries I could not understand the person I was speaking to and they got the whole thing wrong. Citi refused to help me so I cancelled the card. I had been with them for many years since college...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

I was notified that my credit limit in my credit card was decreased because my credit score. First, I wasn't requesting an increase in my credit card limit. I was behind for almost 3 months but when I got the money before the end of July 2017, right away paid my credit card in full, to be in good standing with the Citibank credit card and also because I want to repair my credit. What this deplorable company did was wait until I used the credit card, which I did last weekend at Costco to get the reward points, in a minimum purchase and then yesterday they decreased my credit limit and their unacceptable excuse was that they review the account for what?? And they made the decision to decrease the credit limit.

I felt that what a mistake I did paying in full the credit card, being an honest customer for what? When this big consumer companies don't care that the person was in a bad shape for a couple of months and then you get better and trying to repair your credit and be on time they treat you as a fool. They don't have respect and any kind of consideration. I regret that I paid that money to them, I should it take the money and take a nice vacations. DO NOT GET A CITIBANK CREDIT CARD!!!

This bank is impossible to deal with. I saw a promotion for 0% interest and thought I would take advantage of it, signed up for a card and later received my card in the mail. I followed the card activation steps that came with the card and even got an email confirming activation, can't use the card. I tried to register for an online account and it won't let me. I called the number on the back of my card and they immediately want me to validate my identity by giving them a credit card number from a different major company, they don't want my Citi card number or my SSN. They want me to give them a different credit card! I can't use the card they sent me, can't access my account and all they want is for me to provide them a credit card. Now I'm fighting trying to get them to cancel the card.

I received a Citi Card credit card double cash rewards in the mail on August 9th. When I attempted to use my card a fraud alert was placed on it because of erroneous information linked to my name. In an attempt to try and figure out why the card issued to me, when I have a 800 point credit score is in a continual conundrum for resolution I get absolutely nowhere.

Now, as it stands, I have this credit card issued to my name but it is in "limbo". I do not the prospect of nefarious business practices that link me to a card that cannot be destroyed or used. Because of their inability to rectify this situation the card remains in my name UNUSED. I will have to call the Better Business Bureau and escalate this issue. As if that is not bad enough, when you're on hold for more than 12 minutes the "computerized" system just disconnects you! Do not accept any type of credit from this shady company. More than likely they are based in a country that abets illegal transactions. Now I was just hung up by them as I write this review! Wow- This world is in trouble!!!

I had been a Citi Bank Credit Card holder for more than 10 years until last year and always paid the full balance every month. Sometime last year, they stopped sending me paper bills. It took me a couple of months to notice. When I contacted them, they said bill was sent via email which I never requested. I looked for the emails but didn't find them. I protested but they were not very accommodating so I paid the full balance and canceled the account without realizing how this would affect my credit.

I bought a car today and the car dealer showed me the credit score which shocked me. I had a pretty high credit score before and this Citi Bank account incident lowered the credit score significantly more than 100 points. When I canceled the account, I was upset but didn't know it was going to have a serious effect so didn't keep any record. How do I go about getting this record removed?

I have never in my life experienced customer service agents as rude as the ones I've spoken to. I am an inside sales director and I would be MORTIFIED if my agents ever spoke to a customer how I was spoken to today. Mike, from the Florida Call Center spoke over me, basically called me a liar when I said I've spoken with someone in their credit line department, and was overall very unhelpful. I told him I wanted to speak with someone else and he said he wouldn't transfer me that he would have someone call me back within 24-48 hours. I asked him what if I just called back? He said then I could do that but he wouldn't be helping me moving forward.

I'll begin by saying that I am aware my credit isn't stellar (mid 6's depending on which report you look at). I had a bad divorce 7 years ago and my ex husband didn't help the situation at the time. Since then, I have NEVER missed one single payment on ANY card that I have. With this card in particular they started me out on a lower limit which was fine, but I decided to add my husband to my account as an authorized user. I realized quickly I needed an increase. So I applied and I received one which I believe was for 2500. I was fine with that. Keep in mind I have NEVER paid the minimum payment on this card. It was ALWAYS $1000, $1500, $850 etc. I am a responsible cardholder and I know that deserved the limit increase.

So the most recent payment was $1500 and I thought the e-mail I received was just confirming my account activity- NOPE- they lowered my limit back to $1920 citing that I have a delinquency on my account. That is ABSURD! I called in and asked to verify where they are getting their information. The woman was so understanding that she gave me a $100 cash back reward. Although I appreciated it I needed answers so she transferred me to someone in the credit line department (which Florida Mike refused to acknowledge that it can be done). She was not super helpful and ultimately I decided to close my account.

Today I called in wanting to pay off the rest of the card as well as make sure they credit all the cash back rewards to my account. I was told they couldn't credit my account, which is fine, but in talking to the original person I started to get frustrated all over again. He refused to give me any definitive answers and changed his story constantly. When he transferred me he sent me to a inside rep by the name of Mike (who I've been referencing) and he proceeded me with inaccurate information all while being indignant, rude, and arrogant. I want a call from someone who can help me understand where they are seeing the delinquency. I spent money pulling my credit reports and EVERYTHING within the past two years is 100% current, and in great standing.

We've carried a Citi CashReturns Mastercard since 2008. The card pays a 1% cash return on purchases. We decided to close our Mastercard, with a 0 balance, but with $16.11 CitiDollars accumulated from our previous purchases. When we closed the account, we were told we lost the $16.11 we had accumulated, because Citi only issues the money back in $50 increments. That sounds OK while the account is open and active, but when you close the account, it's as though you have a refund that they decide to keep!!! Very unhappy with this policy!!!

Per Citi: Apr for purchases is exact same for cash advances. Due to Citi's payment allocation rules, cardholder is unable to pay off cash advance before paying off purchases. Result a first on only $210 advance on 5/5/17 created $3.83 interest in May. Even though the monthly bill was paid in full by the due date the 5/5 transaction created $6.36 interest in June and even though that bill was paid in full by the due date the 5/5 transaction created $5.76 interest in July. The credit card agreement does not document this scenario nor does the monthly bill. Without calling in, a cardholder would have no understanding of how the interest was accruing or how to stop or prevent it. In my words: I was told the only way to stop the interest is to pay the entire charged amount due in full and not use the card for a month. Essentially, a one-time cash advance created continual interest income for Citi and the only way I could get out of it was to stop using the card.

I made an online purchase and then canceled it. The merchant said it was canceled and no charges were made. But the charges are still pending and funds not available on my card. I called the merchant several times and also the bank. One card agent told me to have the merchant fax the bank and tell them charges were not made. This was done but the charges are still pending. I finally requested a chat supervisor who said the bank no longer accepted the process of faxing from a merchant to notify them. She said the agent was misinformed. So now they said it will take at least 30 days and to contact them again if the charges are still there in 30 days.

Costco made a bad move going with Citi because they do not protect the card holder like Amex did. With Amex if something was in question they immediately refunded you but not with Citi Visa. I purchased some NFL tickets under someone else's account which he was supposed to pay me back which he hasn't. I called Citi about it to get it refunded because I have not received anything for the purchase and they told me they are not doing anything about it. Even though no tickets have been issued and not a single game has been played. They could have easily helped with the situation but choose not to.

I had my Simplicity Card for over three years and would use it and pay it off over 6 month time periods, sometimes longer, using zero percent interest. The last time I paid it off (about 1800, had interest for this usage), it generated a 9.00 interest charge. At the same time, I sold my house and moved into a town home that I rented. I changed my address through the US postal service two weeks early to start on my move out date. I never received a statement and thought that I had paid off the account in full, so didn't worry about not getting a statement. When I decided to go for a Costco Citi card, I was denied and they said I was late with another card (theirs) and that it had been closed. I called their customer service to find out what happened and had to talk with people I could not understand very well, but we fought through it. They assured me that I had a zero balance, and my credit card was intact.

I called back to the Costco one and told them it was a mistake. Actually, the overseas people were wrong. They had closed the account, even though online it still said it was active for the full credit limit. Since I never got a statement, I didn't think anything about it. So, to make a long story short, Citi cancelled my card for 9.00 of interest charge that they viewed as not paid. They had my cell number (they claimed they called me, but they never did). No one I talked to could do anything for me, even the "upper" supervisory personnel. All over 9.00. There is no local branch (second largest city in Washington State), so there is never really anyone you can talk to face to face. My credit score is almost 800, so I know that that was not the problem. I honestly personally think they would rather have people use their cards that rack up balances and keep them, rather than those people who use it and pay it off.

In hindsight, I probably would rather deal with more reputable companies who have local branches with personnel that I can talk with. I am amazed that Costco did this to their membership. I have been an Executive Costco member for almost 30 years and am also rethinking that, as well. In addition, I am a business owner who is responsible for mega dollars of accounts payable per month. If I received a bill for 9 measly dollars, I think I probably would have paid it when it was due. Talking with Citibank's employees made me feel like I had knowingly done something wrong, ethically wrong and that I was trying to get away with it. I feel sorry for all of them, since their company has not even empowered them to make a 9.00 decision, lol. My Citibank card is now in about 75 pieces... It felt very liberating to take all my frustrations out on that poor little piece of plastic.

This is comical in this day and age. Twice I've made early payments on my CitiCard and both times it's a minimum of 10 days for the credit to appear on my CitiCard. 10-days, it would have been faster when we had the pony express delivering gold. Because of this, I can't use the card and earn points. Costco made a horrible decision moving from AMEX to Citi.

Don't bother with Citi credit cards. I recently applied for their Double Cash card and was denied because they "could not verify the accuracy of the information that I provided". This was just a last week when I had been denied. My main issue is that I have been a member of Citi for nearly a decade, so when I provided the same name, phone number, address, and all the other personal information, that same info was already available to them through my other credit card account. Yet when I called for a reconsideration thinking that it could be easily fixable, they simple told me that something I put on my application could not be verified by both the Citi people and a third party team (basically the same thing the letter had mentioned (like I needed a reminder...)).

Then they told me that they could not tell me exactly what it was that couldn't be verified in order to protect the customers, even though I am a customer! This vague reasoning behind my denial could easily be due to their mistake, not wanting my business, or both! If there were any inconsistencies in the information provided by the applicant, why couldn't Citi make a simple phone call or email to the applicant? They never even bothered to attempt contact with me before simply denying my application! Be careful if you do apply, and make sure your info is "easily verifiable". In case you were wondering, my credit score is around 800 with a 1% credit card utilization. I just wanted a card with better benefits.

I have been a Citi Card customer for over five years. I opened my Citi Simplicity card in 2008, used it for a couple of years, usually, if not always paying it off in full every month. I eventually stopped using it to take advantage of the offers other companies offer when you have excellent credit. I haven't had a single late payment on any account in 15 years, and my high credit score allows me to get any credit card I want. 100,000 free miles from British Airways (Chase)? Yes please! 75,000 miles from (Chase) United? Sure! 50,000 miles from Capital One. You get the point, and understand the game. Several months ago Citi (rhymes with?) offered me a balance transfer deal at 0% interest.

Since I was about to take my family to Tahiti at a cost of $6,000, I thought paying the 3% fee ($180) to Citi was better than the return on investment I make with that amount of cash over 18 months in investing. Again, playing the credit card game to my benefit, not theirs. Now I never use more than 75% of any credit limit because it looks bad to potential creditors, and/or lowers your credit scores. My limit on the Citi Card was 8k, I had zero balance for several years, so I took their offer and paid the six grand using the card. This was the only account I had ever opened with Citi. The trip was great BTW!

Soon after returning (late June 2017) Citi send me an offer for their Citi AAdvantage Platinum Card, 60,000 free miles on American Airlines if I spend 3k in 3 months. Again I pay off any interest bearing accounts monthly because I don't want to give the banks free money. They get that from government bailouts (our tax money). I pay for everything with credit cards then just pay them off every month if there is an interest charge and reap the rewards. They want you to spend the 3k and not pay it off, that's the only reason they make these offers. That's another story.

Today, I receive an email from Citi stating "your credit limit on your Citi Simplicity account has been lowered. WTF? I call them to see what the problem is and their reply is that I have opened too many accounts in the past few months! It's actually two accounts, one from them (the AA offer) and one from BofA giving me $200 if I spend $1000, another no brainer. Citi took it upon themselves to lower my credit limit to, you guessed it, 6k! The same amount I owed on the card, effectively lowering my credit limit to the 0% balance I transferred, and making it look like I maxed out my account. I explained that my debt to income ratio was well below anything that would cause anyone concern, and that I have never had a late payment on any account.

Yes, I probably have 15 open credit accounts but 12 of them have zero balance, and closing old accounts can negatively affect your credit. I actually did just close two accounts around the same time as opening the AA and BofA cards, but of course that didn't matter to them. Having 100k in available credit and using 20% of it is fine to creditors, especially if they take into account the zero interest. I worked in personal finance for years and understand how the system works. I explained the effects of maxing someone's account out had on a credit score, and asked them to reinstate the original credit limit. Nope! Citi completely screwed me on this.

I'm going to pay down the account today so it is at 75% again, use their 0% interest to my benefit for the next 14 months, then close this account. I'm also going to spend the 3k needed to get the 60,000 free miles in AA, then close that account before they can charge their annual fee that they waive for the first year. They still won't get a dime from me (except the $180, which is actually free because investing 6k over 18 months pays more than $180) and I will walk away with a free round trip ticket from AA.

Nice work Citi, or should I say nice try? Will I do business with Citi again? Sure, I'll take their freebies, and be more cautious knowing their credit limits change to try to suck you into the credit card trap. They are the only company I've ever seen this happen with. If you are new to credit, or don't pay off your interest bearing debts every month, take your business to Chase, or Capital One. They have great service, great offers, and treat customers with common decency.

I ordered my credit card from this company around April 28, 2017. I completed all information requested and it never asked me to process a payment for the deposit so I figured once the card came I will have to pay before activating it. Sometime near the end of May 2017 I received my paperwork from CitiCard but didn't receive the card. Hey no worries. I figured it would come soon after. It was almost a month later I still did not have my card. I was going through my email and saw that they said they updated my address. Then I was looking over my bank account information and saw they had already taken $200 out of my account. So I contacted them and they advised me the card had been returned. Why? No one could tell me because they have the correct address (Not to mention I received the paperwork already).

I spoke to a rep who transferred me to Fraud and she cancelled the card and present another one. They would have expedited that one but I would have had to pay for it, so I advised her to do regular shipping (7-10 business days). Within the 7-10 business days I again received the paperwork and not the card. I did receive a letter informing me my card will be here June 11 2017. I didn't receive it then so I called them again on June 12, 2017. Advised them I still have not received and was advised again they can cancel and send another one. The agent also advised me to wait another 5 days. Once I began to get upset he states to wait over the weekend and I should have it on the following Monday. Never received!! I again called and spoke to an agent. I advised this agent as well as the previous agent I will file a lawsuit against the company.

I mentioned cancellation and was advised it will take 2 billing cycles for me to get my money back. I spoke to a supervisor who I advised they did not have permission to take out of my bank account and I will file a lawsuit and I want my money back ASAP. He states for me to check with the post office due to they may have my card. He's known that to happen. I didnt cancel the card yet. Ok, that week I called the post office and was advised they will not hold onto credit cards unless it was a certified mail and no one signed for it. I called the company back (CitiCard) and spoke to an agent. I asked her if they sent the cards out certified. She states "no, regular mail." I had her to look over the account she advised me at that time the card was already mailed out and she can again cancel the card and send me out another one.

I advised her to not cancel the card because I'm going to see if it comes but in the meantime I will be contacting a Lawyer for assistance. I contact my bank to dispute the charge but was advised I would have to do it through CitiCard. So in the meantime I've contacted a Lawyer for assistance. As of today July 14, 2017 I called CitiCard again. Spoke to a rep who was not an active listener and was rude. I advised him I would like to cancel the account but I asked him if he can see where the card is and see if my funds can be put back into my bank account immediately. Not in 2 bill cycles. He advised me the card was mailed out on June 6, 2017 but could not tell me anything additional. He cancelled the account before seeing about my funds. I had gotten upset and raised my voice and demanded to speak to someone else. He disconnected the call.

I called back. Advised the next rep I would not like to take my anger out on him to please put a supervisor on the line. I spoke to the supervisor and explained everything to him. He said he will see what he can do, just to come back to tell me the same thing the agents advised me. This company takes your money without you knowing and keep promising you they are going to send you out a credit card and you will never receive it. I will never deal with this company or any other company associated with them.

I first had the Citi Diamond Preferred card. My spending limit was 15k. I would always pay 2-3k at a time and paid it off quickly. Now one would think with excellent credit and payment history that requesting a double cash back Citi card with 5k limit would be a breeze. Right?! (which is what they promised from the start). When I receive the card, it only has a 1,000 limit. I called and it took forever to get through to a person. They can barely understand or speak English. They tell me that in order to get to that limit, I would have to have my credit hit again. After putting a few hundred dollars on the card and paying the bill 5 days ahead, they submit the payment to wrong card and it shows late. They said there was nothing they could do. Worst Credit Card Experience Ever! Discover Card is the very best I have found. Discover is none of the things I wrote above!

I had my Citi credit card for over 4 years. Never had missed or late payments neither on Citi nor on other cards. Recently my balance got quite high on all of my cc and my credit score was getting low. I was able to pay off significant amount of my credit cards debt yesterday including more than a 1000 on CitiCard. And the next thing they did is decreasing my cc limit for the amount that I paid off. Had to call customer support 3 times till they finally got me to the right department. I was told my limit got decreased based on my other card debt (which I paid off yesterday but is not reflected on my report yet) and the only way they could restore my limit is if I call back in 30 days so they'll be able to obtain updated credit report that would prove that my debt is decreased.

I wish I knew they'd do it, so I'd rather spend that money paying my other cc. So I end up calling other cc to make sure something like that won't happen to my account and was told that they don't do it to loyal customers after a significant payments like I made and I have nothing to worry. No need to say I'm cutting my Citi cc and will NEVER use it again. That's not the way to treat customers!!!

Do not apply for this card. They do not provide the 60k miles as advertised in the offer. I was shopping around for a credit card which had offers on miles. So I found Citibank Aadvantage which advertised an offer of 60k miles for $3k spent first three months. I applied and spent more than $4k in that time frame. But the miles did not reflect in my account. When I called the first time, they acknowledged the mistake and said they would correct in a week. No response. I called after a week, they said it would be looked at in next billing cycle. No updates. Calling third time, they said I wasn't under the offer and they gave me some reasons which I don't think even the support lady who was saying it understood. I asked her to check herself when the offer began and she said she did not have that info. Have logged a complaint with bbb for now.

I was initially excited to hold a Citibank credit card and loved the idea of the double cash rewards. I didn't realized that my credit limit was 1k; but thought I'd give them a call and just request a higher limit. My credit score is in the mid-700s and my utilization is well under 30%. Within days of getting the card they are requesting to pull my credit again and I refused as it will hurt my scores. They claimed it was the only way to review my credit but how did you approved my originally?

The representative was lacking of good skills and was transferred to another area that they just closed the account. Her response? "Customer Service has nothing to do with credit limits". This company is full of it!!! Their customer service sucks and as a consumer with excellent credit it was an insult to get a 1k CL. They should focus more on their customer service since that's where they seem to be lacking the most. Overall, I won't do business or recommend this card to others.

I spent over $5400 in 2 months and my 2% Cashback Reward is stuck at $24. They use some complex rewards calculator and although I carry a credit balance (paying my charges online once a week) they don't credit either of the 2 cashback amounts. I went back to using my Chase Freedom card.

I opened an American Airlines Citi card online as part of a promotion to save $100 off the price of an airline ticket, but there was an error in the system and I did not automatically receive the discount. Called customer service but their only advice was to wait until the actual card arrived in the mail in 7-10 days. So I waited, used the card, and received the promotional discount, after much wasted time. Luckily the ticket price had not risen during that time.

I opened the online account, signed up for paperless service, but did not receive a notification for my first statement (might have gone to my spam folder, no way of checking now that 30 days have passed). Citi is unwilling to waive the $25 late fee, so I have canceled my account, after another wasted hour speaking with multiple customer service representatives. It was obvious while speaking with Citi that having me as a customer was worth less than the $25 late fee, so I will take my credit card business elsewhere (e.g. American Express who treats every customer as the precious commodity they are). So disappointed in Citi. Save yourself aggravation and stay away.

I just got a Citibank card a few months ago in order to reduce debt interest free for 20 months. I paid $200 for May & $200 for June, or so I thought. I apparently paid the June payment ONE DAY before the May billing cycle ended so, it apparently didn't count for my June payment. I even checked my account online on June 1st & it showed $0 due for June. Today, however, I received an email stating I was late with my June payment and owed a $25.00 late fee! I called them and they explained that they could NOT remove the late fee despite my repeated explanation that I pay my bills early AND that on June 1st, Citibank showed $0 due. I spoke with a supervisor who also said they would not remove the late fee as it was not a Citibank error. Unbelievable scam company!!!

My card was refused today. When I called Citi I was told that I was over my credit limit. This is not true. The Citi system is set up so that when my automatic payment is made each month, it is not reflected for ten days. The representative told me that since it was a large payment (over $8000), and due to fraud, the payment which was made June 21 would not be reflected in the credit limit until July 1. However, the prior month my payment was over $10,000 and this did not occur. After about 20 minutes this was resolved by having Citi call my bank. Indeed the funds were posted to Citi on June 21. I got no explanation as to why there was a hold put on my account despite the funds having been paid. I never had a problem with American Express. Costco needs to go back to them.

So I had pending charge of 61.18 on my account dated for 6/17/17. Okay, so I called the merchant and they clearly told me that it was already processed and canceled on their end. So, I go back to my account to see that the amount was dropped (I mean it literally disappeared). I am thinking, okay my money should be back on it this morning... WRONG. It "magically" reappears as pending AGAIN for 6/20/17! HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN???

Called to speak to some chick that probably lives thousands of miles away who clearly did not know her job. And then to be transferred to an "account supervisor" who was just as stupid as she was is just crazy. CITI is a awful bank and it is clear to why they are a failing company. I wish my job would drop them and partner with a new bank because these half wits are nothing but thieves and liars!!! CITI must hire their people from right off the streets because they sure act like idiots!!!

I traveled out of country and I tried to make a payment before due date from another country but it didn't work by phone some reason. Then I just came back my home and made a payment. It was been late 4 days and they charged $27 for that and I explained to employee. Also I begged from supervisor Sasha but she said she couldn't remove that for me. It was very first time it ever happened.

I cancelled my Citi Mastercard today after keeping it as a backup to my Visa card for many years. The reason being that Ooma (the VoIP company) charged my CitiCard for advanced 2017 payment in Feb 2017 whereas I had switched to Time Warner (now Spectrum) sometime in Mid 2016. Citi wanted me to produce email evidence but unfortunately, it was done over the phone and if you know Ooma, they don't use emails very much, their website even does not have a 'Contact Us' or 'Help' button. Also considering that it was not some service which Ooma had already delivered, instead it was a charge for future services without my permission or notification, there should be no way that Citi should allow such a charge - but they did. In my conclusion, Citi did not protect me as their longstanding customer. I would not recommend Citi credit cards to anyone.

CitiCard Company Profile