CitiCard

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It looks l am in the same boat as many other Citi customers. I have been following up regarding the same issue past a month and all I hear is we are taking notes. There were about 5 fraudulent transactions made on my card and except for one transaction the rest have been secure credited. They have transferred that fraud transaction's amount to my new card and when I keep asking when I'll get that money back I don't have an answer from them. I even get an email asking me to update that merchant on whose name the fraud transaction has been made with the new credit card details :). In my 6th follow up call after a 50 min. long call they disconnect my call. The best part is now they say that I have accepted the charge for that fraud transaction. They have missed the logic that 2 transactions have happened on the same merchant and they credited back for one transaction and the other one I have accepted.

It's such a frustrating incident to follow up on someone else fault who made a fraud transaction on my card and I had to call these guys and report it and finally I have to follow up with them every now and then and I finally get a message saying I have accepted the charges for which I haven't even confirmed. Given a chance I would come out of Citi card association and never take up any other business with them. Citi cards are pathetic and never customer friendly. I am still waiting for their call which they said I'll be called back to check the update.

Dishonest, do not treat customers with respect and fairly! I have a Home Depot card that is held with/under, Citibank. I recently check my credit report and found that Citibank has me delinquent for 60 days, for a bill that is less than 30.00 dollars. I have had this card since 2007 and my credit report shows I have never been late! However, I called Citibank to discuss my issue and I was told a cease and desist order was put on my account, to not call me about this $30.00 dollar bill. I was also told that I requested paperless bills. Citibank said I have been paperless since 2008. I sent Citibank proof that I have been receiving my bills by mail; I told them that customer service told me they do not show anyone calling my home.

However, I was told I had to mail a complaint letter to the president of Citibank. I wrote my letter and received a response from Elizabeth **. I called Ms. ** and she told me if I can send in proof that I have been receiving my bills by mail. She will have my credit updated as good faith. I sent this proof to E. ** with a copy of a letter showing someone was trying to fraudulent charge my email address. I received a call from E. ** today and she said they will not update my credit history because they have something on the system that shows I opened an email in 2016. She said, "Why didn't you pay your bill?" In short, I have had a credit limit of $3900.00 for years and now I would not pay a bill for under $30.00 dollars?

Citibank said I will have to go to court to have the 60 days removed off my credit history and Ms. E ** wished me a good day. In short, Citibank does not care about me and the proof that they are showing clearly was done by them! Why wouldn't I pay a less than $30.00 dollar bill if I was in the know about this bill? They do not care. However, I paid this bill as soon as I was told about this bill! I continue to receive letters from Home Depot stating, "Thank you for being a loyal customer, since 2007." WOW.

I've done business with Citigroup for decades, even credit cards, but I applied for a new reward card a month and a half ago. I never received any correspondence from them since, including statement/bill... Whatever. Yesterday I finally get a notice that they are going to be nice (paraphrasing) and not charge me a late fee since it was my first time EVER. I said, "Well thank you very much and I would pay my bill in it's entirety immediately." I made the wired transfer and then I look over the statement and they charged me just under forty six bucks for being four days past due.

Now wouldn't anyone in their right mind think that they would have had the decency to send me an e-mail statement or snail mail before the bill was due? This is not the only bill I have, but they all let me know when a statement is ready and I assumed that they would do the same. I called in to complain and request that since they never sent me a bill that they should return my interest charge... "Not gonna happen" is what I have been told all day yesterday and today. I'm done with their credit department, banking and investments. They claim to have your back, but then stab you in it at their very first chance without any warning. I would not advise anyone to have dealings with Citi... Period!

IMHO Costco American Express was/is heads & shoulders above CitiCard. The deal is done and there's no going back for COSTCO, but I have to seriously rethink the value of a COSTCO membership vs the aggravation associated with all things CITICARD. In the less than one year since the transition from AM-X to Citi, I have had to deal with CitiCard on so many issues (from charges to website access) that I have lost count. Can't remember ever having a problem with AM-X.

One thing for sure, I'm downgrading to a basic Costco membership and I'll go back to using my Am-X and get my cash back rewards from AM-X. In line with this, I'll limit my COSTCO purchases to strictly need based/super value. Can't get it anywhere else. BTW - as I've been forced to look at alternatives, I've found competitive grocery pricing on many items at some of the larger grocery chains...might find I'll come out ahead with COSTCO...less impulse buying.

Let me start off with how wrong the Citibank transition was carried out... 1st off we chose not to opt to get the Citi card and made no attempt to do so, rather we continued to use our Amex card for ID to get in the doors and would pay cash or use a debit card as payment. My husband got a call stating that we owed over $400 on a past due Citi Costco card. OK so how did that happen? Well apparently they opened the card without asking us, and sent it in December to an address that we sold and moved from in November?

Additionally they charged the annual membership on this unauthorized account, proceeded to send billings to an address we don't live at and I am wondering how they approved a line of credit for us that we did not authorized a credit pull... Now we have a late payment since December on credit, and an inquiry we didn't authorize and we have always had stellar credit. I work in the mortgage industry. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen, it has class action written all over it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Went online and applied for a card. My credit score was very applicable. They called me for information. The only thing they wanted was how much rent and how much yearly income. They turned me down and I was told that I couldn't receive a reason by telephone. I would have to wait and get it in the mail. Since my credit score has been very good this was my first denial. And my guess is because of yearly income. I believe this is not a reason to turn someone down. I've had seven credit cards over the last few years.

I dropped four after paying off about $5000.00 dollars. I've never had a late payment on any. I see no reason that I should have been turned down for my application. And the fact that the customer service wouldn't give me a reason over the phone shows that it is very poor service. And the bad thing is this will make my credit score drop because of the turn down. So evidently customer service doesn't care about this. I would suggest unless you've got plenty of yearly income that you not apply to this company for credit card service.

I have been a Citicard customer for many years. I have always paid the balance in full every month. On the statement for February 15 to March 14, 2017, I was charged a late fee and interest. My check was mailed from middle Tennessee and was going to their Louisville, KY office. I mailed the check and saw my mailman grab the envelope from my home mailbox on March 6, 2017. At most the check would take four days to deliver which would be well before the due date. Citicard posted the payment on March 15, 2017 which was nine days later.

I called their customer service number and asked the customer service agent (a woman in India) to remove the charges. The fact that they took so long to post my payment was their error not mine. She refused. I asked to speak to her supervisor. I was on hold for more than ten minutes. The same woman came on the line telling me someone would call me within 24 hours because they were busy and had high call volume. I gave her my work telephone number as I would be at work. No one called.

I then wrote a letter and mailed it March 22, 2017 explaining the same thing I told the customer service woman. I received a form letter dated March 29, 2017 refusing to removed the late fee and interest charges. I was angry. In all the years I have sent payment to Citicard there was never a problem. On April 5, 2017 I mailed a letter to the attention of a customer service manager. I stated the same facts from my original complaint and said if the charges were not removed, I would cancel my account causing them to lose all the fees they charge the merchants where I make purchases.

I received another form letter saying pretty much the same thing their last form letter said. It was obvious that a manager or supervisor had not even read my letters or checked to see that my payment history was perfect! I have never been treated so shabbily! I will be closing my account next week. I have already gotten another credit card with Synchrony Bank. I do not recommend Citicard to anyone!

Costco should go partner with another bank. I used my card for literally everything from travel to gas and of course, at Costco warehouses. I got a rebate for $1206. Apparently since I pay my bill in its entirety every month, Citi wasn't making enough interest from me. Without notice from a letter, phone call or email, I went shopping at Costco and my purchase was denied. DENIED FOR NO REASON!! I called Citibank Customer service and they couldn't even figure it out. I had to write a letter. The Citibank representative said that was the only way to contact whoever canceled my card. No telephone number, no email to write to. I have to rely on "snail mail" and the Pony Express.

Citibank is obviously still in the 1980's. That is why their stock price was $4 and they had to reverse split to make their stock look attractive at $40. Yes, you had to give up 10 shares for every 1 share. If they had a good business ethic, maybe, just maybe people might use them more. Costco prides themselves on great customer service and I have never had a problem with them since I joined Price Club in 1985. To partner up with a crappy bank like Citibank really lowered their standards.

Got scammed with a trial offer. Called to dispute monthly recurring charge that I did not authorize. Citi closed the account, temporarily issued a security credit and issued a new card. Was eventually told by Citi that they could not help me because the company showed proof they delivered the product. I argued with them to no avail. I Called the company myself and obtained a full refund of the unauthorized charges. Citi applied the credit against the charges on my old card and reversed the temporary security credits reconciling the account to 0 as they should have. Some of the charges however were transferred to the transaction history of my new card by Citi.

When I called to have this corrected, I spoke with a woman who treated me like an idiot, refused to listen to me and kept insisting that I was wrong. I can say with the utmost confidence that if you are looking for a credit card company that will provide you the consumer with protection from scams and fraudulent activity DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT APPLY FOR A Citibank Credit Card!!!

Weak Bonus Programs & Frustrating Cash Rewards Redemption Process - When making one of my infrequent visits to Costco in late November 2016, I unfortunately forgot about the termination of their relationship with American Express. Out of all the credit card issuers out there, I would have to rank Amex at the top of the list with respect to service and an overall positive customer experience. I've been an American Express card holder for 20+ years, and plan to maintain an account with them for the remainder of my life. I was dismayed to learn that the time had expired in which American Express was an accepted form of payment at Costco.

During my visit, I only had an American Express Blue and Citi Dividend MasterCard in my wallet. Fortunately, or rather unfortunately there was a Visa representative at the Costco location ready to take my information for a new Visa product on the spot. Without spending too much time evaluating the various program offerings, I decided to register for the "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citibank". My low risk credit score granted immediate approval of an account. I received a temporary paper credit card printout for my day's shopping activity.

One of the main reasons I had chosen the "Anywhere Visa Card" was the ongoing accumulation of cash rewards as part of my yearly purchase activity. The program sounded similar to that which is available through my "Citi Dividend MasterCard". So without reading too much of the fine print, I moved forward with the application process. Only later would I discover that my experience with "Anywhere Visa Card" would pale in comparison to my positive experience with "Citi Dividend MasterCard".

I soon learned that once you accumulate a certain threshold level of cash rewards, you're required to print out your reward certificate, and take it into a Costco location in order to redeem it. This is nothing like the "Citi Dividend MasterCard" program where once I reach a $50.00 threshold, selecting the redeem option will automatically mail a check to my home address. With the "Costco Anywhere Visa Card" program you actually have to drive to a Costco location, get into a customer service line, and either obtain the desired cash value or use the amount for purchases! I also believe the redemption is limited to a yearly withdrawal.

In addition to the inconvenient cash reward redemption process, the other incentives have little to no appeal. 4% cash back on gas purchases, and 3% cash back on restaurant and travel seemed appealing at first until you dig deeper. I eventually learned that only certain gas stations and restaurants qualify for this perk. After running some yearly projections on what the cash back amounts, it seemed like more of a hassle than a benefit. The variable interest rate on the card also appeared excessive compared to other credit card options.

Today I cancelled my yearly Costco membership which was automatically billed to my "Anywhere Visa Card". Something else I did not realize is that the Costco membership and credit card are actually linked together! By cancelling my Costco membership, your "Anywhere Visa Card" is also cancelled. Apparently it takes up to 2 to 3 months for the "Anywhere Visa Card" to move into cancellation status. Perhaps this has something to do with their rewards programs and inconvenient redemption process.

After reading some of the 1 and 2 star reviews, I can see I'm not alone in my disdain for this financial product. It appears that some of the other complaints about the card are related to unexpected account closers, and issues with member accounts. Fortunately I was not on the receiving end of this type of hassle. However I'm sure I would have canceled the card a lot sooner had this taken place. In this particular situation a poor experience with a credit card company motivated me to cancel my membership with the retailer that enrolled me in the card in the first place. In the future, I will always do my own research online first before applying for a credit card, and never fill out an application in store. Now that I will no longer be shopping at Costco, other retailers such as Sam's Club are looking more appealing these days.

I made a payment on my account online and realized I made it against the wrong checking account. I call them and was told to place a stop payment. I then made a payment for the same amount with a different checking account. But now because of the stop payment made, they have flagged my account. Every time I make a payment online now they place a float hold for 10 days! I spend $3500 a month for my fleet to gas up with Costco. I have discussed this with Citi and they said they can't do anything about it.

The person I spoke to also said if I pay using different checking accounts, will also flag my account! Ridiculous! I have a weekly payment schedule with them and they are all on hold! I have to call Citi to have them release the payments from float hold, this process means them calling my bank to verify that the payments have cleared. So every time I see payment clear my bank I have to call Citi to let them know. I am switching to ARCO fleet, bye Costco!

So I had my credit card for almost 2 years. For the first payment I didn't get a bill so the payment was late but, that didn't matter to them, they still gave me the penalty interest rate. Ok, so then I get a due date and I have been making my payments every month on the due date. Come to find out, it takes a couple days for them to receive the payment even though the payment was made on their website. So I've been paying a late fee for at least two months that I know of. Granted maybe I should have paid closer attention, they say it's in the fine print, but that's something that should be flashing in bold letters. When I talked to them about it, there was no apology, no sympathy, no empathy, nothing. I am finally done with them and I will never give them anymore of my money.

A tale of two thieves. I purchased a book online from Stansberry Research using my Costco Citi card. The purchase was $20.00 but $120.00 was charged to my card. I called the vendor first and they refused to refund. I called Citi and they said they would research. A month later I was informed that they wouldn't do anything about the charge. I called again and complained to no avail so I cancelled my card. A letter they had previously sent stated I would receive my Costco rebate in February but it never arrived. It was over $300. I tried to call Citi to rectify the situation but to talk to a rep they required me to punch my old account number into the phone. In doing so an automated voice asked if I wanted to reopen the account, I responded no and the recording in a pleasant female voice responded have a nice day and hung up!

This is the only credit card I've ever had so many problems. I paid off my credit debt, in about a month I received a notice in the mail saying one of my accounts was behind. It was the account I paid off. So I paid the balance. Then next month same thing, I paid the balance and tried to close. My call got disconnected from the "account specialist." I put it off until the next week. I called on my account, turns out I now owe.50 cents. I tried to pay it off but the automated phone pay system said it was unable, so I asked to close the account.

THREE CALLS LATER… instead of explaining again and again I just said, “Please close my account.” This is 45 minutes later. Citibank "specialist" kept getting disconnected, I'm pretty sure that most people give up, who has 45 minutes to hang on 3 times and explain why I just want to close my account. The third "specialist" hinted that my good credit would be affected… this seems like a threat. Never again -- any other card BUT NOT Citi.

I've had problems with CitiCard right off the bat. I'm slapping myself now for not leaving them earlier. They really don't care about their customers. My latest complaint which caused me to close my account was this $25 late they put on my account because they didn't process my payment until the next day. I was shocked at the treatment I received both times I tried calling in. Please Do Not Ever Get/Use any Citibank Card. This company has a bad rating for a very good reason. They will never see you as a person, only a number! My account is now closed and will never be opened Ever!

I received the Citi Double Cash card and use it every month. The limit is set only to $1000 although on all my other cards it is much higher. I asked for a limit increase and was denied. Crazy. I have a good credit rating so I don't know what makes them think they are so special. Anyway, I paid for some items on the card and after a couple of weeks I want to pay the whole balance off but the Android app wouldn't let me saying I couldn't schedule more than one payment with an unverified account.

I called customer service and they said I had not used the card recently although they quoted several transactions in Feb and Mar 2017. I asked why I couldn't pay off my bill and they said not until May 06 2017. At that point something is more than fishy so I made them pay off the account over the phone and asked to have the account closed. I am sure there will be more issues before I get the account closed. CitiCards... Don't do it. There are many other cards that are normal such as AmEx and Chase.

I applied for a Citibank Double rewards credit card on February 22, 2017. I waited until March 15, 2017 and still had not received my card. When I called to find out what was taking so long for the card to come while talking to the representative I decided to cancel the card altogether. I was transferred to another department and I was told that account would be cancelled. About an hour later I received an email stating that my old card was cancelled and that a new card was being sent out. I immediately called back and kept getting transferred. After speaking to three more people I was assured that the account will be closed and I will not receive a card. I have yet to get another email to confirm that the account is cancelled and I expect that they will one anyway. The customer service is the worst, no one listens to what you're saying and they keep trying to insist on giving you a card when you don't want it.

They have lost my payment for $6500 and asking me to prove the payment, it was an electronic payment and I have to go get a print from my bank, provide everything they need. Their electronic system is a mess and they make customers pay for it. On top of it the customer service is horrible too, I had to call 2 times. Was put on hold for a long time. I used American Express for years and never seen anything like this. Costco made a big mistake to switch to these morons. Do not use CitiCard.

I have had a CitiCard for many, many, many years... I called customer service to dispute a finance charge. The female that answered the call was unprofessional and seemed a bit "clueless". She stated that she would take care of the finance charge. She then explained a program with "0" finance charge for any charges for the next 3 months and if I would be interested. I said yes and she said that she would activate this on my card. A month later, after charging many things onto the card expecting to have a few months to pay off I received a bill without any of the zero finance charge noted on the statement. I called and was told that it WAS NEVER activated and they were unable to offer the zero finance charge any longer. WHAT?? I can't believe that they would fool customers into believing that they would have an offer. This is fraud to me...

CitiCard opened a credit card with my name and sent it to me and I cut it up. Now a year later they are sending me past due bills. I called and they said that I was a customer of Costco so when they took over the card processing from American Express they signed me up. I never activated it and was not a Costco or American Express card holder when they took over as I had closed both accounts month before. I have called but the only thing that happens is that I get a past due amount with finance charges. They did this fraudulently as they should have taken care of it the first time I called them. Now my great credit history will show that I do not pay on time. I am sure many other people just pay it but this should be against the law and they should be held responsible. My next visit will be to an attorney.

Frustrating, time wasting to speak with a customer service. Very stupid fraud detection system: too sensitive, even though I was calling a fraud department agent and he assured me everything should be fine, the system declined me again and again. CITI also got a lot of customer service agents, half of them either don't care that much about customer or they care but they don't know the simplest things they need to know. I lost several hours of my time and more than 100 bucks just because 2 representatives who were supposed to be helpful, didn't do their job correctly.

The day after, I tried to get some support from customer service about my recent frustrating and money-losing experience and the result wasn't anything but wasting 3 more hours. One of the representatives told offered me to get a refund through rewind program. She explicitly and clearly told me to find a flight with lower price and after wasting 30 minutes, it turned out that flights are not included in the rewind program. She was an employee of CITI at the interface of CITI with customers and she didn't know flights are not included in rewind program. I have been with CITI for 3 years and I used 3 different credit cards from them, but I'm so frustrated that I'm going to pay off my cards in a week and close my accounts ASAP. Even seeing the name CITI is starting to piss me off.

I recently began using Citibank Credit Cards. Don't expect that because you paid a fee for this service, paid all of your statements prior to the Due Date totally a 6 digit number, that Citibank will honor their contract. Citibank cut my use of the card 10 days prior to my Due Date which was the date that I paid the full amount due. Below is an exact copy of the response I received: "A payment hold was placed on your last payment until the funds were validated by your bank. This process was created to protect Citibank against potential losses. The payment hold process means that we will withhold an equal amount of available credit until the payment has cleared the validation process. We will release the hold once the payment has validated." No wonder why they have accumulated over 1,000 Internet complaints. I am a Charter Member of American Express. They earned my respect and loyalty. I will only be using Citibank for their Big Box Vendors.

I CANNOT believe they lowered my limit without notice. I HAVE NEVER PAID NOT ONCE single payment late EVER since I have opened my account with them. So because I requested a credit increase and got denied they took it upon themselves to lower my limit. This is BS. What is the point of being a good paying customer if they are going to punish you for that??? I HAVE NEVER EVER EVEN MISSED MAKING A PAYMENT! I either pay early or when due and more than required or the amount I use! I will never refer NO one to Citibank again. Thats for sure!

I have had this Diamond Preferred credit card for years and they are the absolute best at giving the best service and lowering your interest rate based on your credit worthiness and years of doing business with them. I previously asked for an interest rate decreases due to these factors and though I had to go through a few hoops and get to the right person they did it for me immediately. I have used this card for numerous balance transfers which have helped me out and go as smoothly as can be. I am so glad I have this card and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Paid off the balance due. In two payments. The second payment was made on the due date but the agent (Rebecca) claimed that a second payment was an inconvenience for her as she would have to do more work to change something on the first. "If I can process the second payment tomorrow, I will waive all interest charges, as you are calling in on the due date." Needless to say, I got hit with interest charges! Don't do business with this company!!! Now they are telling me that the month after you pay the balance in full, you are still charged full interest for one more month. A waste of time and money.

If I could give the customer service departments no stars, I definitely would. I am the executor of my father's account and noticed that there were fraudulent charges made to his credit card account the day before he passed. I followed up with the customer service and literally talked to about 10 different people and continued around and around in a circle. They were unhelpful, extremely rude and unsympathetic to my situation, and apparently do not know the meaning of communication between departments. So in my mind, this company is completely fine with allowing fraudulent activity to go on with no repercussions.

If you want your identity stolen, by all means continue on with this company because they clearly do not care who is charging their credit cards, so long as there is money in their pockets. Michael L. Corbat, their CEO, should be ashamed about how shoddily this business is run. But then again I suppose the Snowboard and Ski Association takes up a lot of time, rather than actually overseeing the business institute in which he governs. I would never have a credit card or any sort of account with this company, and would never recommend to anyone else that they do business with this company. Thank you for being absolutely no help in a time when I needed it the most, Citibank.

The worst service I met. Closed my account, and contacted G. Stevens Vice President. Citibank, N.A., paid my last payment, she told me the balance is 0. But just in another months, I got a notification, I owned another $70. This is cheating business.

I have been a long time credit card holder of Citibank with very high credit limits, but not high balances. Recently noticed that they decreased my credit limits to approximately $300 above the credit balance, which was devastating to my utilization. I have a fico score that is in the high 700s and have always paid my debts. I have called them 3 days to only get different reasons from their customer service and credit department each time. I was told that I had delinquent accounts which I knew that I did not, high balances, then delinquent accounts.

I was a nervous wreck thinking that someone had fraudulently done something to my account. I called Equifax and immediately signed up for credit monitoring in order to gain access to the report immediately. Once accessing the report there was not any delinquent items, so I signed up and paid for a service unnecessarily out of fear. I called Citibank back and was told that it was because of high balances, and not delinquent accounts. My balances aren't any higher than they have been since I had the Citi credit cards. I have never missed a payment and have an extremely high score!! I don't feel that it is right for Citibank to decrease someone's limit to the point of almost making the account be over the limit... I think this is unfair and I will never do business with Citibank again!!

Utilized this new card and ended up getting a fraud alert. Called the company was able to give him all information that they needed. However they wanted to call me back On a registered phone. First time called my husband. Then two weeks later fraud Alert happened again and not sure who they called but it was no phone registered to my family. They would not tell me which number they called. It's very frustrating. I have never experienced this with any other card that I have obtained.

Mid-2016 Costco switched from AMEX to Citibank as their credit card service. Without my knowledge Citi opened a phantom account in my name, along with my valid Costco account (two accounts opened). New year, Costco did an automatic charge for membership renewal to the phantom Citi cc. This auto charge was made to the phantom account which didn't exist as far as I know. In February I started getting automated calls from Citi saying to call Citi customer service or my Costco account would be closed.

On the 9th of February I contacted Citi. The phantom account supposedly had been opened by me in 2002!!! NOT! Anyway, took care of this issue over the phone and charged membership renewal fee to my valid cc. Seven day later I start getting automated calls again, same message. Took care if it on the 16th of Feb. Now I get an automated call again saying the renewal charge needs to be paid or they will cancel my Costco. All this had been taken care of on Feb 9th. and again Feb. 16th. I never have had to make so many contacts with a bank, and not seen any corrections to the problem.

CitiCard Company Profile