2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.05/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

CitiCard Reviews

Original review: June 5, 2020

I have had Citibank for at least 10 years. They dropped my amount from 11,500 to 340.00 within a month during the pandemic. Never told me. I have good credit and have always paid them on time. I just paid off the remainder balance in May and notice on my account had changed to that ridiculous amount in June. When I spoke with a rep, they told me it was due to the credit bureau reporting to them???? Again I have good credit. If anything this will now hurt my credit now! I will never use them again for anything.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I've been a customer since 2017. 3 years of no problems, good payment history, never once late on my payments and I managed to build up my credit to a nice 10K. Fairly disgusted with the Citi ways right now. In the middle of the crisis and worldwide pandemic, they just go ahead and start dropping customers - I had a $10,000 credit limit and today received a notice that they kindly reviewed the info and now my credit limit is 500! Really, great timing, thanks. 'We are all in this together?'

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I had a Citi credit card account for almost seven years. Today, 06/01/2020, I closed my account and cut up the card and threw it away, for the following reasons. On 04/03/2020 I disputed a fraudulent charge. A couple weeks later citi replied with an envelope full of papers, most of which were in such tiny print that they were unreadable. The citi company did not defend me against the fraudulent charge. Today, I phoned citi and waited 23 minutes for an agent to answer. She said she could not help me and transferred me to another office. I waited 35 minutes for an agent to answer. I spoke to her politely and softly, but she responded with an increasingly bad attitude, told me another phone number so rapidly that I couldn't write it all down, then cut me off.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I have had a Citicard for sometime. I recently asked for help during the current pandemic. On 5/23/2020 I wake up to late fees and a past due account. Included was a statement telling me my credit limit has been decreased. My other companies have waived late fees during the pandemic without requests from consumers. After contacting citicard and talking to three different representatives through chat because they are too busy to talk to anyone, I was told they would reverse the late fee but my credit limit would not be restored. The company admitted they saw I requested help back on 4/29/2020 but said, "Sorry we cannot back date this request." I was told my account was reviewed randomly. However, this has never happen before this incident. This is how they treat people who have never been late or behind on payments. I would not open a new account with this company. There are better companies.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Purchased theater tickets in October 2019. Show canceled day before (March 2020) due to COVID. Received an email from merchant stating refund in 2-4 weeks. Called merchant after 4 weeks and no money, had no information and so I disputed with Citi. Provided all information, merchant disputed with their new terms and conditions (adopted in April 2020). I replied with email showing offer of refund, email where merchant states they're changing terms & conditions after the fact and original terms and conditions. I do this while on the phone with Citi (on May 12th), who says it sounds solid and like my dispute should be upheld.

Citi responds with an initial "thank you for the information" on 5/13. Several days later, they send me an email about an update...provide a copy of a letter they drafted 5 days prior on 5/14, stating that since the merchant hasn't refunded me, they have closed the case and I need to take it up with the merchant. That is about as simple as you can be.....Citi refuses, in the face of substantial evidence to support their cardholders.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: May 19, 2020

I got a balance transfer by phone. I have hearing issues. I talked to a lady that I could not understand. It sure did costs me 157 transfer fee. I have called them twice to have them take the charge off. They don't care about how I couldn't hear the girl talk 'cause if she told that me that amount I would not have done that but I will tell you this - they will not get all their money.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Citi credit cards are scams. I have really good credit and got a really good card through them that had no late fees ever or missed payment fees. I have not missed or ever have been late though. The reason I am writing is because for one they are impossible to get to talk with someone you can understand on their customer service line. I have made multiple attempts to resolve some charges that were on my account that were not approved by me to spend. PlayStation network stole the card information from the one time I put it on my son's gaming system to purchase a game. I put it on and immediately deleted after purchasing the game. For over a year I was being charged for games repeatedly by PlayStation network out of California. I am ignorant for never checking it and just paying what I paid monthly.

I got the card for my wife's school loans and never really paid attention to it until one day I was wondering why my balance wasn't going down much. I looked and for a year they charged me sometimes six transactions a day. Now why this wouldn't be flagged by the card who claims they are so good with their security. I called several times and they were disputing it and I ended up getting back like maybe $80. I bet I have over $2500 to $3000 paid to PlayStation Network. It clearly states in their policy that if I didn't authorize it they would reimburse me. Nobody in my family even plays the game that was purchased so much. They since closed that card reissued me a new one

Now when I ask about it they say that is on a different account since card was closed. They connect me to security and I get no answer ever.... So now for the past year I have been paying high interest on all these charges I did not use. Way to take advantage of people who actually care about their credit and debt to income ratio. Citi is a scam.

Original review: May 17, 2020

Citibank cancelled my automatic online payments. Since I had estatements, I was unaware that they did this. I set up my payments and never missed a payment. Out of the blue, I received a call from collections and was notified that my account was past due for 3 months. I made my payments, and they acknowledged that they had cancelled my automatic payments and they did not give me any explanation as to why. I asked if they would waive late fees totally hundreds, and they refused. In addition, they reported this to credit reporting agencies, which ruined my otherwise perfect credit. They told me there was nothing they could do. I spoke with 3 different people - none of them would do anything.

Mind you, Citibank did all this during the pandemic, and they have released press statements professing that they are doing so much to help people during this difficult time. They also profess to have some kind of assistance, but they wouldn't even waive fees for me, a long standing customer, and they ruined my credit - due to their own actions. None of this was due to my negligence, they ruined my credit and wouldn't even fix it. If they do this to a long standing customer with a long history of always making their payments, what will they do to you? I do not recommend having a credit card from Citibank. I have often had trouble logging in to their website, accessing statements ("please check back later" error messages), and now they did this. DO NOT enroll in any Citibank credit cards. DO NOT.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Ordered a replacement card and made a few charges. Attempted to make payment several times through the mobile app which I have been doing for years. The whole time it showed zero balance due and available credit zero. I called and chatted several times to clear this issue up and they stated you have to link the new card to your account. Funny I never had to do that before when they upgraded my card to rewards. The charges didn’t go through for quite sometime and when they finally did clear they hit me with an interest charge and two late fees.

This is completely unacceptable and seems to be a scam. Spoke with them personally and you can barely understand them but all they do is transfer you from CSR to CSR and then eventually hang up without a return call. They have completely gone downhill and I have payed my balance in full and will be cancelling my cards with Citi and never using them again. On top of that they reported my account to the credit bureaus as being $51 delinquent. Terrible company. Shame on you Citicard.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I filed a dispute regarding a merchant who wrongfully charged me for a service that was not provided. I was shocked when Citicard- Costco card sided with the merchant without even allowing me to respond to the false representations. I contacted Citicard to further dispute the charge and was told the department is not operational because of the Covid crisis. Seriously? I went to cancel the card however I was told I would lose my Costco rewards which are substantial. I will not be using this card further. I have read others have had the same Complaint. It is clear that they routinely side with the merchant. Will be canceling this card as soon as I redeem my rewards. This would never have happened with American Express. Very disappointed with this Company!

CitiCard Company Information