1.1/5 (39 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About CitiCard

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

CitiCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: May 5, 2022

I wish they had a negative star. We have been fighting with them for two and a half years. We were told by 4 supervisors that our account was at $0.00, but the executive offices said that's not true. Even though they listened to the tapes. They apologized saying we are sorry you were told misinformation by 4 of our higher up supervisors. When I called to talk to them I was told we have a do not communicate with this customer on our screen. They blocked me from asking about my account. Finally after two and a half years they sent me to collections. We will fight this to the end. You can see their rating. They are the worst customer service in the industry.

Original review: April 24, 2022

February 2022 I paid off 3 cards to the tune of 23k. One of the cards was a cash back card. When paying off a card they give you the option to pay full amount off so I clicked full amount on all 3 cards. Well a month later I get a call from Citi card telling me that I am late on a payment and I replied no all 3 cards were paid in full and they replied, "No. You owe 93.00 dollars," and I asked for what and they told me it was interest. So I replied no when I paid the card off at that time the total amount owed was 11k so I clicked pay total amount and paid it. And so the crooks would not budge on the 93.00 even though I just paid the 11,00.00 dollars. So now my fico has dropped from 810 to 720. It's just plain greed. Stay away from this greedy entity.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Very disappointed in the service I received from Citi. I am a Citi Double Cash card holder. I recently contracted covid while abroad in France which resulted in my having to quarantine in my hotel. I had to cancel a train ride that was planned while I had covid. The train company refused to refund me for a $500 ticket. I thought for sure citi would have my back. I sent in my dispute with proof of my covid results and everything. They refused the dispute citing the merchant was non refundable... Incredibly disappointing that citi wouldn't protect their customers from something they cannot use when they are suffering from COVID.

Original review: April 11, 2022

I have been a Citicard customer for years. My payment history is "exceptional". My overall credit score dropped into the fair range but I was starting to pay down my credit usage. I started with the citicard and paid down $3000.00 and they immediately cut my credit limit to $100 over the remaining balance. As a result my credit rating plummeted to poor. When I was doing what I needed to do to IMPROVE my credit score! Citicard/Citibank... shame on you! Was going to switch to Citibank when we relocate to Michigan next month - fat chance of that happening now! Paying off the card and closing the account instead!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I had a CitiCard credit card since 1994. Never had an issue with this credit card company until now. If something goes wrong such as a fraudulent charge, be prepared for a roller coaster ride. I had an international fraudulent charge and I immediately contacted Citicard to have my account closed. They closed my account and sent me a new credit card which I received the next day. That part I was very impressed with Citicard, but it snow balled downhill from there. The credit card they sent me had the wrong CIV on back of the card. Before I knew about this error, I was able to activate my credit card via phone, no problem until I called to try and access my account online. After speaking to 5-6 departments and spending 5 hours on the phone, finally the last person told me the CIV on back of the card was not matching. I immediately told them to lock my card for this reason and send me a new card with the correct CIV.

Today, I still have the fraud charge on my new card which they claim needed to post, but that was almost a week ago. They are still investigating this $45.00 fraudulent charge which is now on my new card and I still have not received my new card and have no access online except by phone. The employees they hire are overly polite where they talk to you like you're nothing but an imbecile and don't know any better. If they are unable to assist you they transfer you to another department and that can happen multiple times. It's now 5 days having to deal with this issue which should of been resolved in only one day. I can't believe the incompetence and terrible service Citicard has become. I am tempted to close this account, but will keep the card locked and no further charges will ever be used on this credit card.

FYI, if you close a credit card, it temporarily drops your credit card score so keep that in mind. My advice to anyone, make sure your credit card is based in the U.S. and does not outsource. This has been an absolute nightmare for a miniscule fraud charge that seems to be too difficult for a big corporation like Citicard to handle.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I collected my reward over the years and decided to cash out as payment towards my purchases for which I earn 1% reward. Citibank applied this reward to credit card and refuse to apply 1% credit to my account. Moreover, I made payment 3 weeks in advance and CitiCard penalized me! Never do business with such a lousy and misleading company.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

My family has been Citi-card customers for about 5 years. We have unsecured cards on which my spouse is the primary card holder and I am an authorized card holder/user. Up to mid-January the citi website allowed us to lock and unlock our cards, a feature I use as a security feature to prevent fraud. However, on 25 Jan '22 I noticed after logging on to our citi account online that my card was no longer displayed; I could not unlock my card. Same problem at the citi app on my phone.

I called citi customer service, suffered citi's interminable phone tree, and finally spoke with a live citi rep ...who informed me she could unlock my card, but only if my spouse (primary card holder) told her to do so. At that time my spouse was in a different location, and the citi rep said she had no other way to help me. The citi rep told me to call back when my spouse was available, and hung up on me.

I called back with my spouse early on 26 Jan, same interminable phone system, finally talked to a live citi rep, who sent us to the fraud department. The citi fraud rep asked my spouse if citi could send a text message, but my spouse's phone number was not showing up in citi's system, so the fraud rep refused to send a text to the phone number listed in the citi system for our account, claiming "once citi has rejected text messaging for one phone #, citi has to reject all text messaging", even though the rep had not sent an actual text message. The rep instead asked my spouse a series of verification questions. That should have been OK, except the verification questions were not particularly secure.

The citi fraud rep asked "did you charge $30 at Texas Roadhouse" and "did you have a $50 charge declined yesterday at Costco.com ...oops, that was actually 2 and a half months ago, so how about..." and a similar review of past activity on the account. The manner in which the rep asked the verification questions required only that my spouse answer "yes" to verify our card account. In spite of the poorly executed verification, the rep next proceeded to unlocking my card, but only after first implying that my spouse should not trust me with access to our citi account.

Eventually the citi fraud rep straight out told my spouse not to trust me regarding access to our online citi account. I doubt the rep understood how absolutely insulting the rep's insinuations and fraud prevention "advice" were to myself and my spouse. The rep was most likely reading from a script ...which would mean it is actually citi corporate policy to advise one spouse not to trust the other spouse. While that advice might be reasonable in specific, limited circumstances, it's a horrible approach in general. Citi should do a better job training their reps about fraud detection, how to phrase card verification questions, and how to discuss fraud with customers ...and to stay well away from badly handled, inadvertent marriage counseling: they are ill equipped in that arena. My spouse and I have been great customers for citi, but this interaction with citi customer service has us ready to close our citi account and find a better credit card company.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Citi advertises that you can earn 2% back on charges made on their credit card. That is very competitive EXCEPT you might have missed that they charge interest from the day you charge an item rather than the typical policy of every other credit card I have, including my other 2% rebate card, of having a grace period. No interest is typically charged by others if you pay your bill in full each month but Citi's interest charges starting right away more than offset your 2% rebate even if you pay your bill in full each month. I realize you should read all the disclosures (and it is there on p7 of your 8 page statement) but I assumed their policy would be consistent with industry practice. Sneaky and much to the consumer's detriment. Don't fall prey to this abusive practice.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Good Card. My credit is fair (Above 580). We have an unsecured card with 0% interest for 9 months. Great deal. The issue is the phone service. Someone opened an account without my consent. All the numbers you get to resolve the issue are fake. One rep just hung the phone up on me and my wife. I recommend a Discover Credit Card instead which we also have.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

I have 2 credit cards through Citicard and they have done me wrong... TWICE! I was on vacation and ended up damaging the RV that we rented and in order to fix the damage I maxed out 1 of the 2 cards. These were the 2 cards that I took for purchases while we were on vacation with the intent of paying them off once we returned home, but because I maxed out the 1st card, Citicard closed my 2nd card and I literally had no money for the remainder of my vacation. That was the 1st experience I had with Citicard.

The second experience was just last year. Our main septic line collapsed in our home, I was in a bad car accident AND last August our central air unit broke and was unrepairable. All of these things completely drained our entire savings and we have had to rely on credit to get by until we can catch up... they did it AGAIN... took away all of the remaining credit that I had. I will NEVER use these cards again and as soon as they are paid off I am closing my accounts, never to do business with this company again. When you need it, they'll take it away every time.

CitiCard Company Information