Find a Credit Cards partner

3. Credit Cards

3.9/5 (1522 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About CitiCard

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

CitiCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: April 23, 2021

I have visa credit card by Citi for six years through Costco. My statements are paid off every month within 30 days, even during the pandemic I never missed a payment. Last year they refused to renew my credit card stating they received a bad report from Equifax. After checking with Equifax my report was sent out to me and was in excellent rating.

After receiving the report I contacted Citi card again and the card was reissued. My fico score three months ago from Citi card came back at 840. Big surprise, again, I am being denied for a new credit card. I have never been disrespected in my life as I am by this company at the age of 78. This credit card company or any other credit card company never had a problem receiving their payment from me. The only reason I have this credit card company because of Costco and the cash back benefit BUT it's not worth my aggravation. I already cut back on my purchases this past year because of the treatment I endured and I am done with this company. Both Citi card and Costco lost a excellent customer.

Original review: April 10, 2021

It's been almost a month and I STILL don't have my new card. 762 credit score and got approved for $6,000, but approval took approximately two weeks since they called the wrong number and couldn't verify me by phone. Wait 7-10 days for letter to verify my identity. Then wait 7-10more for the card. Card arrived and would not work. They told me it was defective and I'd have to wait for a new one. Would not give me any information over the phone due to me not having another account with them or home phone? How is this the only way you can verify my identity in 2021? So everything had to be done by old fashioned mail.

New card arrives, but it turns out the first one was fine, instead they had placed a BLOCK on the card for fraudulent activity. All I did was try to take out $100 cash and get gas. What is fraudulent about that?? It was an additional 7-10 days waiting for another letter to verify my identity. It came, I called, they said, "Oops we sent the wrong letter, you'll have to wait another 5-7 days for another letter to verify who you are before we can unlock the card." This is insane! To add insult to injury the customer service sucks! I've never called a company and EVERYONE I talked to was rude or impatient. Found myself telling the clerk to "have a good day", isn't that her job? I read the horrible reviews on this card/bank and wish I had listened. You've been warned. Don't mess up your good credit with these guys.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I applied for the Citi Premier MasterCard. I have flawless credit and FICO scores ranging from 835 to 850. I have no debt except for about 150k on a house worth $800,000. We have no balances on any credit cards, including a Citbank Double Cash MC which we've had for over a decade. We pay off our credit cards every month and have for the past 35 years. Income is $230,000/year. Assets are several million. I was declined due to having applied for another credit card the same day. We wanted two travel cards with one as a backup, hence the second application. Note that this is the first time in over 7 years we've applied for credit.

After we complained to the company, they finally agreed to open an account, but made the limit 2000. This is ridiculous. The requirement for the bonus points for this card is that you spend 4000 to earn them. Kind of tough to do with a lousy 2000 limit! Why they treat long-time, loyal customers like us so poorly is beyond me. Their policies are ludicrous and a 2000 limit is like a joke - what use is a card with this tiny little limit? We are closing ALL of our Citibank accounts immediately. We get treated MUCH better by Chase. We are DONE with Citibank. PERIOD.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I signed up for a AAdvantage card because the Citibank advertisement said I could have an immediate $200 credit when paying for my airline seats right then with my new card. This was not the case. I was approved almost instantly for a nice line of credit. The only information I received was the approval amount and the last 4 of my new card number. I had to pay for my seats my Capital One Venture card. I spent near 2 hours on the phone. Neither CitiBank or the Airlines could provide me the new card number as promised, to pay and receive a $200 credit. I will cancel this card prior to them charging me the annual $99 fee.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Today is March 28 Sunday 2021. I was online purchasing to book a flight and I use my Costco Citibank credit card. They block my card, they think it’s fraud, so I called the customer service to let them know it’s not fraud. First call the customer service department said they reset my card and I can use it purchasing online, they still block my card!! I called back again second time, different customer service rep answered me and she said they can not do anything but they will send me letter thru mail to verify my identify. I said really??? I’m so mad and furious. I said I will call back in 1 hour later .. I called back 3rd time thinking maybe different customer service rep can help, but no, nobody can help me, this customer service rep she’s so rude that she said, "I can not do anything for you, you can not use your card because we block your card until we verify your identify thru mail in letter." ???? How long is that I have to wait????

Original review: March 19, 2021

I wish I could give 0 or less stars. Very lousy customer service. If you can even get someone on the phone, you can't understand what the agent is saying due to very poor signal quality and very, very THICK foreign accent. It was nearly impossible to communicate to them that I had received a fraudulent check with Citibank's name on it. It was a nightmare. They give you no other option for communication except by phone.

Then not even a week later I received an email promotion. I was suspicious, but there was no way to communicate this by email because....THEY DO NOT HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS. WHAAAT? And I'm not willing to talk on the phone any more. No, I have lost my trust in Citibank and will not do business when it is this much trouble. Will be cancelling my card soon because I don't trust it.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Okay I started a $500 secured card with Citibank. It had the lowest limit of the cards in my wallet and the only secured card I had. I primarily used it as another means to monitor my credit score from their app, which the score isn’t nowhere near the real score. The balance for the most part reach 40%. I maintained paying the balance in full nearly every month except for one. Then I log on to find out my account has been closed with a $60-80 balance. Confused and certain this was in error, I called. I was told the account was closed because I had two automated payments that did not go through of $20ish or so-no late fees charged.

The wonderful lady that helped me had a confusing hard time trying to explain how/why would this account be closed since it clearly shows me placing hundreds of dollars into it monthly. In summary, my account was closed because of their 6 month review of new customers. Where mine showed two payments that did not go through, but was paid immediately and then paid off nearly every month. No late fees and no balance held over. Can CITIBANK be trusted-NO. Reading most reviews on the pictures attached were of minorities. I would suggest looking elsewhere. Also, I’m still waiting on my funds to be returned.... and nothing!

Original review: March 10, 2021

Been using this card non stop with a few hiccups here and there. Most recently had a snafu with a payment not going through. Got it resolved and made another payment. Went to use my card with plenty of credit available and my card was locked for another week. Absolute **! Wasn't a late payment at all. Just using the card. No notification nothing!! Paid my cash onto the card to get points. I have available credit and cant use my available credit! This card will be paid off and snipped! No way you're doing this crap to me! Also it took 5 times of the stupid computer hanging up on me before I reached their customer service! Filed a complaint with Costco also.

Original review: March 10, 2021

I have a perfect credit history with all my creditors, my scores are well in the 700's at all 3 credit bureaus. According to Citibank, I have too many inquiries and they felt I was a credit risk and decided to close all my accounts (6 total) that are issued through them. Is this fair? So, we've been looking at different insurances; refinancing; it's a shame that people are dinged for credit hits when all they're trying to do is conduct business. We have zero credit debt, but use responsibly. I feel now that my credit has been or will be more damaged because of this because they'll report as "closed by credit grantor" and not me personally. Believe it or not it does make a difference on how that is reported. I will never and repeat never recommend Citibank for anything. They used to be my best creditors.

Original review: March 4, 2021

I want to say that their practices are harmful to our credit rating, ill thought out during these times, and misuse of credit inquiries! Once you're approved for a credit limit that shouldn't change because your life changes, in the past 6 months they have decreased my credit limit over $3400. I've never missed a payment, paid OVER my amounts due, and always paid before and with automatic monthly withdrawals. They never took in to account my pay increases, or any of the debts I paid off. I have had 3 pay increases since having my Citibank Costco card and I'm a 6 figure earner with 3 adults who have cars in my name. Again, I'm in shock that they are allowed to have these practices and who are they truly hitting.

This hits when your debt to income ratio looks like you haven't made a payment since you opened your account. As of right now they've made it look like I have only paid $188 instead of $3300! I hate these practices, especially when you're paying DOWN your debt only for them to treat you as you haven't. I would love to know if this is legal, but at this point I'd just warn anyone to never get this card in case you have to ACTUALLY go have your credit, so their excuses are "Credit Inquiries", we all know if you go get a card they hit your credit 3-4 times, my daughter's engine tanked due to some dealership recall and lawsuit, so I HAD to get her another car, w/ her cosigned to continue to build her credit.

I was hit 4 months later and had to get another car, so how in the nerve do they not take in to account that no time in my dealings or my credit history do I have late or missed payments. If you can help it, DO NOT USE CiTi CARD, if you have to DON'T PUT ANYTHING ON IT! They'll just check your credit every 6 months and decrease your limit hurting your debt to income ratio and making it look like you're not making any payments. I know life happens but these practices are harmful to the users. No one should have to be made to feel like they're not being responsible or perfect during this times, but if you're doing the right thing, they will still SCREW YOU! DO NOT if you can help it USE THIS CARD!

CitiCard Company Information