Disclosures

• 2%
  • 2%
  • 88%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Reviewed May 22, 2024

This is the worst experience that I had with a credit Card company. I closed my account because I was not happy at all with the way this company handle business. I closed the account after paying it in full and they are still charging ridiculous fees. Do yourself a favor. Do not be part of this.

Reviewed May 19, 2024

Citi manager likes to make it impossible to reach customer support. I’m sure this saves them time and money, either way other card companies have an actual team that is ready to assist. Bottom of the barrel company.

Reviewed May 14, 2024

We have been customers for over 10 years and have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars using this card. However, they abruptly cancelled our credit card account without any notice or warning. I made the mistake of using the wrong bank account to make payments on two separate occasions, resulting in the payments being returned. As soon as I realized my error, I called them and immediately resubmitted the payments. But it seems that was not sufficient, despite our years as customers and the significant amount we've spent using this card, because we were cancelled from one day to the next without any notice or even a courtesy call. This is absolutely unreasonable! There we were at a restaurant on Mother's Day, left embarrassed when our card was denied and the waitress informed us of the decline. Clearly, there are many other and better options available.

Reviewed May 9, 2024

If I could give this company zero stars I would. Worst customer service ever!! I applied for their card to buy a plane ticket since it's 400 dollar credit given if you bought with their card. Well, they fail to mention you will have to wait until it comes in the mail to use it even though it gives you an option to get a temporary card number for the purchase. I spent an hour trying to get a real person to be transferred 5 times just to be told I have to wait for the card, and I started to speak again, and the operator just hangs up. Worthless pieces of trash.

Reviewed May 8, 2024

Has to be one of the worst companies ever to deal with I tried to set up online. They kept saying my information was incorrect when it was my information. So then I called their customer service four times, they hung up on me, they send you operators they don't speak any English or you can't understand them because I don't like they got gum in her mouth and it only took me 3 days to cancel this crap card. Do yourself a favor stay away from Citicard. Their customer service is horrendous. Matt is not even close the horrendous. Save yourself the aggravation. Don't ever get involved with this company

Staff

Reviewed May 7, 2024

The worst company there can be. Don't open any cards with them. They will steal your money, and their representatives will help do it. They are thieves and deceivers. Save your money and your efforts. Never open credit cards with them. There are many other good companies to open credit cards with that will not scam you and you will not have to pay them extra money that you have already paid by closing your balance. Warning! This company is a huge SCAM.

Customer ServiceReliability

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Today, I had planned maintenance on my car. I logged into the credit card application in the morning and checked my available credit. Decided to use this card to pay today. I dropped my older child off at sports and brought my younger one to the mechanic. A couple hours later it is time to pay. My Citi Bank credit card would not go through we tried multiple times the bank was stating error. Several other customers paid, it was not the system just my card.

I tried to login both online and the application. On my cell phone and my laptop. I could not login to Citi bank. The system was down! I tried to call customer service and they hung up on me multiple times after stating we are completing system updates please call back in 2-3 hours?!? Is this not something you should warn customers about ahead of time. Now I had to leave my car at the mechanic, take an Uber with a 3 year old in tow. To pick up my older child who was outside in the dark waiting for me. And take a Uber home!?! Maybe Citi bank could have warned me and I would have planned on a different payment method tonight. How will we get to school tomorrow? Are you paying for all of these Uber rides Citi bank?

Reviewed April 29, 2024

I initiated 3 balance transfers and I just got know that there is a mandatory 14 days wait period for balance transfers. Other financial institutions have a much quicker transfer....Nothing but garbage.

Verified purchase
    Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 29, 2024

Updated on 05/04/2024: Another 6 days have gone by with no refund of the $2,000.00 that the merchant, Caribbean Cruise Line had refunded me on 02/12/2024. I received two letters from Citibank informing me that the money had been refunded dated Feb. 19th 2024 and March 20th 2024. However, instead of crediting me, they charged me the $2,000.00, that was on hold, during the dispute. So once again I’m having to fight to get the money the merchant sent back to me that Citibank is still holding. Beware of Citibank NA, BestBuy, Visa U.S.A. Inc. Citibank BestBuy Visa credit card.

Original Review: CitiBank/Best Buy Credit Card Company has the worst consumer service ever. Every month, I pay about $5,000.00 in credit card payments, never late. I disputed a $2,000.00 charge from Royal Caribbean / Liberty by the Sea Cruise Line, where they double charged me on two separate credit cards for the same $2,000.00 in January 2024. On March 12th, Citi Bank said I lost my dispute. On March 20th, Citi Bank said the cruise line agreed with my claim and refunded the money. Instead of refunding me, Citi Bank kept the refunded $2,000.00 and then charged me another $2,000.00. I have been fighting with them at least 8 hours a week for 6 weeks to get my refund back out of their very greedy and thieving hands.

Beware of Citi Bank credit cards and Citi Bank in general. Citi Bank is no good, beware of Citi Bank. I only wish I could post my statements and the letters showing they have my refunded money in their greedy hands and Citi Bank refuses to give it back to my account Along with a 500.00 and two 150.00 fraud charges over 6 months ago that I reported at the time it was happening and still pending, and they refused to stop the pending charges and refused to credit my card back.

L ** Norfolk VA

Reviewed April 23, 2024

If you have a Citibank credit card and use it for international travel, it's useless! Citi closed my account and emailed me that there was a fraud charge on it... I never saw any fraud, but they closed the card. Then they FedEx me a new card to my US address after I told them I was traveling in Brazil. I'm in Brazil for a few months and called Citibank for a new card over 10 times in two months and they kept saying it was processing. I applied for a new Chase card and received it in 5 days in Brazil. After months still no Citibank card. As I'm off to South Korea now, I asked Citibank to close my account after 31 years. It took 2 hours and horrible harassing phone calls to get them to just close my account. Also, citi said if card is sent to foreign address they would close my account in 60 days. I'm now a loyal Chase card holder...

Reviewed April 19, 2024

I've been a Citi Card member for 20+ years. I intend on canceling my account with them after I pay off my balance of $4K. The reasons why I will be canceling is as follows: 1). They continue to increase my APR (21.74%) as I make monthly payments that significantly exceed the minimum payment. Simply, they gouge their customers!! When calling CS to request a decrease in the APR, they give a scripted "REQUEST DENIED" response without taking into consideration my customer loyalty, 790+ credit score, and timely payments. I don't need to listen to a business lesson on prime rates in association with their false competitive APR!!

2). I've had to contest a few fraudulent charges on my account. Charges that were never authorized by me and never involved any interaction/correspondence with a "vendor" or "business". One dispute took months to resolve in order to get my account refunded from the fraudulent $200 charge. These unauthorized charges occurred within months of each other which is very suspect to me considering I've never been a victim of fraud involving my account.

Overall, enough is enough. I hate to consider opening up a new account, but I can't continue to do business with a credit card company that doesn't value their customers and wishes to extract as many dollars from their consumers who have great to excellent credit. Furthermore, they need a stronger Fraud Department/System to detect fraudulent activity.

Reviewed April 19, 2024

I was online with a representative that didn't help and couldn't get it resolved. So if you like good customer service don't go with this card!! They also don't like credit card transfer. It's super hard to get answers to these questions!

Reviewed April 17, 2024

I would never ever do business with a company that uses deceptive practices. I received mail with the envelope stating “DO NOT BEND OR TEAR” which seemed important to me. All it was is a credit card offer. So, yes, you got me to open your envelope which is what you wanted. However, you showed me how you do business. As I started out saying in this review, I never do business with companies that use deceptive practices so your marketing backfired. Not only will you never get my business, you get this review.

Reviewed April 17, 2024

I have a credit score of the high 700s - have many lines of credit with a high limit and this company approves me for $500. I got this card for the sole purpose of a balance transfer which what am I to do with that limit? Not only the low limit but a pull to my credit. I have called twice to have someone explain to me for being in such a good standing with credit why I am only approved for $500. No answer. I also opened up a secured credit card about 6 years ago with this company for $300. Since then I have grown my credit beautifully and like I said have a score in the high 700s. They still won’t unsecure it. I just thought it was the secure card that was a pain but it seems to be the company. Hopefully I can get some answers but have no doubt this will be a headache.

Reviewed April 17, 2024

Citi is definitely not what they used to be. Their customer service is horrible. Most of them are pleasant but most of the time when I call, particularly during the day, they can't really answer my questions. Today was the last straw. Doesn't help that they have very heavy accents so it is sometimes hard to understand what they are saying. No disrespect, I have an accent but customers need to know what is being said without the embarrassment for either person. The worst is that they couldn't answer my question. Simply was what is the final amount for payoff in 6 days including any interest & charges. Too much of a song & dance. Then I was told no one could answer that question. I could only to wait on my next statement. Mind you all other banks & credit card companies that I called had no problem giving me the full amount.

Reviewed April 9, 2024

I have come to hate Citi Bank. I have the American Airlines Citibank card. Every once in a while I have an issue and when I call them they are absolutely no help. The current issue is all my pending charges are doubled up. Mind you these are several different charges for several different vendors. The doubling has caused me to have no available credit. I spend 250,000 a year on this card and they say it is me not them. Wrong answer. I also have a Chase card with Marriott and I have never had a problem with them. Do not get the Citibank American Airlines card. You will someday regret it.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed April 8, 2024

I applied for the CitiCard AAdvantage card to earn sky miles to travel with. Much to our surprise, we have never been able to use the earned miles (more than 50,000) in any capacity. American Airlines says there is "glitch" in their system that has excluded me from using the miles earned and they tell me they are not allowed to make reservations for me and apply those miles earned. I was also told the hold on the account is indefinite.

While American Airlines and Citi has represented each other in this AAdvantage scam, neither one of the companies will do anything about it and frankly, just don't care. They are aware of the scam. I paid my CITI card off before the due date in full and they still mailed me another interest bill. Basically interest on interest for $11.04. Again, the entire balance was paid off before the due date. So, they are staggering the interest rate dates differently from billing dates which I find immoral. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of both of these companies.

Reviewed April 6, 2024

My Dad recently passed and had several Citicards… I talked with someone about getting his cards cancelled and the person cancelled MY Citicards too…. They said they ‘might be able to reinstate them but the credit limit wouldn’t be as high’ - oh and it will take 14 days… I switched all my bills/autopay to my backup card and since it collects miles and I was able to raise my credit limit to what it was on my Citicard with a few mouse clicks - congrats Citicards - you are my backup card now… Go somewhere else to get credit cards. There are A LOT of other banks you can use…

Reviewed April 6, 2024

Please do not use this or apply for this credit card. I tried to get assistance in updating my telephone number and the representative would not let me speak. The second representative with Citi-Advantage didn't understand that I had just applied for the card and wanted to use it to purchase AA tickets, he put me on mute and never came back. The third representative told me I couldn't get a temporary number that was offered to me after being approved and she also said that there was no way in them providing that number. My last call was to cancel my application and they said they couldn't help me. Everyone that I spoke to was from Asia and it was difficult understanding them. I will wait for my card and cancel both accounts with CitiCard. Terrible customer service!

Reviewed April 3, 2024

Besides balanced transfers I would not use this card for anything else. I was a victim of a fraudulent charge and even when I provided proof I did not get a refund. Bad customer service. I called multiple times and complied with documentation. I don't recommend this card for traveling or shopping online.

Reviewed April 2, 2024

I was shocked while doing taxes that CitiBank charged me total fees of $60 and interest of $ 80.97 last year. I will STOP using this card for COSTCO. Sadly I had not noticed this earlier. My business will go to another card.

Reviewed April 1, 2024

I started using Citi visa card when it partnered with Costco Wholesale. Five months ago, a third-party company did “fraud inducement” on me in regards to a up coming hotel stay, a month away. When I called the hotel the next day to verify my reservation, there was no reservation made in my name. I call Citi immediately to notify them. I told Citi I gave them my information thinking that they were working with the hotel, it was the Hotel that I originally called to make the reservation and the hotel staff-person transferred me to this third-party twice. Why twice, when I first talked with this third-party, the information didn’t make sense, so I hung up and called the hotel back telling them what was said. The hotel staff-person (same person) again transferred me to the third-party stating only they could make the reservation and I could call back the next day to verify the reservation. So Citi transferred me to the fraud department to make a claim.

A month later checking in at the hotel I was informed that I had booked two separate rooms, I checked into the room that I booked with the hotel because at the time, a month ago the Hotel did not have a reservation me. When I got home, I called Citi regarding the two booked rooms. A few weeks later I receive a letter from Citi saying that they filed in favor of the third party because I gave them my information and that is not fraud. I told them I gave them my information and the situation surrounding why it was given to them. I told Citi I did not agree over the phone and in a written letter.

Today I called Citi after receiving a letter stating the claim was closed and it favored the third party. I was told by a staff member in the fraud department that it was filed in the wrong department. I find it interesting that Citi themselves send me to the wrong department in dealing with my claim. Good bye Citi, I now know who side you are on. Like Costco but with “Citi” very disappointed.

P **

Reviewed March 19, 2024

A customer since 1986. Reported my husband’s death and on the spot, my account was cancelled; my Costco membership was cancelled, and they refused to pay me the earned rewards on the account. If I had opened an account in my name, my credit limit would have been reduced from $30,000 to $5000. It has been 6 weeks and I am still waiting for a response regarding reimbursement for Executive Membership Renewal amount and my Rewards. I did, however, receive a bill, due and payable. I have always enjoyed shopping at Costco, but Citibank has disappointed me greatly. Terrible service at a very difficult time in my life.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 17, 2024

Paid my balance in full. Asked customer service if this is the full balance or is there another amount I’ll be billed for. Was told it’s in full. Got a bill for 18 dollars for unpaid interest rate! Asked them to waive bill due to their error. They said no and if I didn’t pay I’d have a 35 dollar late charge! Thieves!!! I paid it off and closed account! Thieves!!

Reviewed March 17, 2024

Home Depot policy for billing if you didn't know. Bill is due on the 4th of each month, pay off balance each month, use card before the 8th and that charge goes on the balance you just paid off. Home depot does not notify you of this. They just charge a 29 dollar late fee and say it is the bank's policy. They assume the customer is not going to make a charge so soon after paying the balance (per credit services). We pay balance off every month on due date, but now once this balance is paid we will be getting rid of home depot card and getting a lowe's or menards.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed March 17, 2024

Well I thought I was going to explain my big terrible problem but for the first time in my life the first three reviews I read were exactly the three parts of my problem. One they don't have good customer service. I have people on the phone that can speak English, but they're just on a track, when I tell them, "Hey I'm going to explain this to you, you're just going to transfer me." They go right along pretending like they're not, & will fix problems & then I'm told to explain it, then sure enough, they say they're going to transfer me and can't help from their department.

When I explained the problem & ask them to get back to me. They NEVER HAVE ONCE! They make me late on my payments as a result of their automated system hanging up or not having the proper options/info, like if I want to pay all of last month's balance, it decides to no longer tell me that balance, it will only tell me last month plus whatever I've gotten additional this month so far as the total. Then it will say, "We can't process you." No 2nd chance. Just end of call.

830 am is the robot call, then 8 seconds later a foreign agent says, "Is this..." Amid a ton of background noise. Another words they make communication harder, give the agents less English requirements & less options to work with you in their department, once you have a problem & you need to work it out with Citibank. 830am every day of the week. Even if you request 12 noon. You must certify on a recording with an agent you want {NO CALLS AT ALL FROM CITIBANK} or else keep taking the 830 am harassment calls ad infinitum. Truly low brow interaction dealing with citibank. Costco, L for choosing this over American Express. Even Chase gleams in comparison to this customer service interaction/interface.

Reviewed March 13, 2024

I added my son to my Citibank Costco card. 99% of the charges on the card each month are from him, and his goal is to pay it off each month. He goes in, clicks on "Pay Balance" and pays it. It will show he has a zero balance, but there will actually be a balance. Apparently, he can't see it even though they are his posted charges. Why would they say "here is the amount to pay the balance" and then NOT pay the balance?

This happened several times. We called, and their "explanation" was that somebody added to the account cannot see all charges. But they can see their charges. But he was NOT seeing his charges. (I didn't use the card for two months, and he still was not seeing 50%+ of his charges when he logged in.) The representative just kept saying, he is an added card member so won't see all charges. But he would not clarify what charges he was not able to see! We finally canceled it, losing $100+ of Costco money back. It is a ridiculous system of not actually showing the balance owed when asking for the balance owed!

Reviewed March 9, 2024

I am a COSTCO member for >15years and had their CITICARD from the day they switched from AMEX to Citi. With too many credit cards on hand I closed my account in Jan'24 without realizing I will be missing out on my $199 in Rewards I earned because the certificates are sent out in February. I called up on why I have not received and was told I closed my card but however if I reopened the card they would mail me the certificate. So the agent on a recorded line reapplied for the card, did a hard credit pull and told me if the card is approved the certificate would be mailed out.

Card was approved, I took a credit pull hit and now when I called to ask for the certificate, a supervisor by name of Hernando told me I have forfeited it, then changed his story to say that maybe if approved they can roll over the reward for use in Feb'25 but not now! I would never have reaped and taken a credit pull hit if not for the agent who promised me the certificate would be mailed if card approved! this is very unethical of CITICARD to do for a long time customer! Am totally disappointed and frustrated. Hernando also had the cheek to tell me to "have a good day" at the end of the call!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & App

Reviewed March 7, 2024

So I was trying to dispute a charge online, then through the app and their system was not working for me to do it. I call customer support and got the wonderful call center in India and was told just wait a couple of hours and try it again. Not sorry let me help you, BUT try again later yourself. Why does Citi pay fake Chad in Mumbai to do nothing?

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed March 5, 2024

I opened an account with CITI, but I haven't received my credit card in the mail for two weeks. After that, I requested a replacement, and today marks seven days since the request. I checked via the automatic phone call system, but they haven't even mailed my card yet. The customer service experience has been disappointing. I asked them to check if they could track my card delivery, but they said no and simply told me to wait. It's now been more than three weeks, and I still haven't received my card, leaving me unable to use it while waiting for it to arrive. Please stay away from this CITI company. It's not worth your time. If I can give me 0 star review, I would. Worst customer service ever.

CitiCard Company Information