Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
  2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.17/5
Based on 1,021 ratings submitted in the last year

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

CitiCard Reviews

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

CitiCard and CitiBank is a scam. I signed up for their credit card and they withed the card from me for almost 2 months. They mistakenly sent it to the wrong place several times. By the time I spent the minimum purchase to get the American Airlines points (a few days past the date) it was past the promotion period. This was all due to their neglect on where they sent the card. I called to reason with them and they can care less to keep my business. I would not recommend this company!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I am holding Citibank credit card and I purchased few items behalf my girl friend and she has done credit card payment through online her USBANK. The amount got credited into my account successfully. After 20 days citibank reverse that amount to sender's bank again. I don't know why they have been done this mistake without inform to the customer. The payment status I have got updated on systems after 20 days. I was surprised and complaint to citibank but no one doing proper investigation to help their customers and they simply said the amount got reversed and ask your girl friend to do again payment. Now she said this issue with your citibank not from her end. Finally I was lost $5000 because of the ** citibank no customer security accounts and they don't care about their customer information and security. Do not trust citibank.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I am on paperless statements. I do not pay my bills late. A purchase I made for Christmas happened to hit where it was due 1/1/20. I did not receive the statement this time and did not know it was due. Upon research - I believe it went into junk - or perhaps I missed it. Regardless - they refused to waive the late fee. They did give a statement credit - but it wasn't for the full amount, and frankly the issue is the principle of the matter.

The supervisor was extremely condescending and when I told him he was, he told me he didn't raise his voice so therefore he didn't do anything wrong. In a world where there are plenty of different credit cards out there to give my business to - it's ridiculous that they would lose a customer over the $25 late fee. I have closed my account - and when I asked him to close it - he told me they wouldn't be able to reopen it. So this customer service supervisor is making decisions for the company - and losing business over $5. Super short sighted and extremely offensive behavior.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I have an autopay set up for my credit card as a safety net to make sure I never forget to make a payment. I updated my auto pay with a new payment account and the system saved the information but apparently failed to take a payment. They call me a month later to let me know that I was 30 days late! I tried to dispute it but talking to a Citibank rep is like talking to a wall! They basically called me a liar! They confirmed that I put a new payment account on my autopay but said that I cancelled the autopay which is completely false! Never in my life have I missed a payment on any card with them or any other bank! I'm also disputing this issue with the credit bureau as it really affected my credit score and also solicited the help of the CEO of Citibank who has not answered me yet.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

On December 12, 2019 Citi called regarding a MasterCard issued in my name October 2017. Credit line allowed to max to over $9,000. Citi claims the account was established without my permission. Citi omits that from November 2017 until August 2019 the card had a zero balance. Citi claims I activated the card which I do not remember. The card is still in my possession with the activation sticker on the back.

Without my knowledge Citi omits that on August 18 2019 Citi received and granted a request for an address change from Brooksville Florida to Stone Mountain Ga. Billing to be done by e-mail only. After Citi granted that address change and billing change that person managed to spend $9,000 in 3 months. I have verification from the post office that I never requested in the past or prior requested an address change. I have copies of a sheriff report and complaint to the FTC. My credit is ruined because credit bureau reports now show the Georgia address and owing over $9,000.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I enrolled in a doctoral program, little did I know that Citibank would start to lower my available credit EVERY MONTH to be just over my balance even though I had made all payments on time!They also continued to increase my interest rates. As I have three cards with them, their actions continued to impact my credit score by reducing the available credit to balance ratio which then affected my other cards. I hate this bank, plan to close all three cards, and will NEVER use this bank again. I have no trust for Citibank, my advice to you is go with a credit union and stop getting manipulated by banks like this. None of my credit unions lowered my available credit or increased my interest when I returned to school. I HATE this bank.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Citibank is good. Double cash card that I had is wonderful card. However, when it comes to fraud department, it's a hell. Somebody requested replacement card of my double cash card and received it without me know it. Somebody used the card at Home Depot for $913 with chip inserted. Only because they paid with chip inserted, investigator from Citibank closed my investigation and now I have to pay it. I've made call to the department I've emailed the investigator, but no one responding. Since it has been few weeks, I've gave them a call again today and they did not even looked at my email. Terrible services. Terrible policies. If you want to get Citibank credit card, make sure you don't get fraud transactions. Once you get it, no one is willing to help you.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Today 12/3019 I received a call from a CSR telling me that have a past due amount with some of late charges. Well I moved to a new address in October and I think I did by mistake to select the option PAPERLESS, for my understand I never did it. Some the system is a little tricky when pop-ups coming out constantly. Based in my last statement I paid the whole amount to zero balance. Based in this state of my account I never worried for any email since I received a lot of them daily. In a while they send my statements by email and I was not aware of them thinking my account was in zero balance. There were sent the statements for November and December with amount due plus late charges and I ignored all of this was happening.

At the end he told me that they were unable to waive the late charges and I hung up because I was working. When I home in the afternoon I call again and I asked for a manager, who told that I am receiving online statements a few months ago. That's is incorrect. Only November and December and they were unable also to remove the late charges. I asked him for employee identification and he told me that they were not allowed to give any employee information. Only the first name LEO without last name and anymore. The call was recorded according to the call request. Now my question is how I can be aware of any debts if I don't receive any statement by mail as always and I don't check any email. Please I need an answer to this complain as soon to resolve this issue as possible. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Was sent an offer to transfer balances at an introductory rate which made financial sense to take advantage of. Once I made the transfers, my credit reached close to its max. After a few on time payments, noticed that as I paid the card down, they kept reducing my credit limit. This would hurt my score every time. When I spoke to the rep, they said the credit bureaus told them to lower my limit, which is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, as I work in the financial industry and often find myself suggesting to clients what credit card is best for them to open. After making a $2000 payment to my card, they decided to reduce my limit by that exact amount, once again hurting my credit rating. Stay away, there is better cards that rewards you for your on time payments versus hurt you as you pay your card balances by reducing your credit limit.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I got a Citi secured credit card. Im trying to rebuild my credit. I’ve never reviewed my statements (which I should have done). I had an issue come up and I needed to talk to customer service. So I did the texted version on the app, No help. I finally asked for a number and called. I got in touch with someone who obviously did not understand so I finally asked to speak to someone who spoke English. Finally I talked to someone who understand. I explained (again) why I was calling and the lady was helpful. She ended up giving me bad information. So I started the whole process over the next morning again. When I was finally able to talk to someone who spoke English, I was told something totally different and realized for the last couple of months I’ve been being charged a late fee for being 1 or 2 days late which was my fault because my other cards give a grace period.

They said they would put my late fee back on my card for this month because my payment was being processed when they charged me the late fee (we will see). Everyone I talked to gave me a different answer and none of it was right. The lady who I talked to the second time seemed to have more knowledge concerning my account and apologized about the other csrs giving me the wrong information. I’m checking my past statements to make sure there are no discrepancies. I'll admit to not realizing there was no grace period and for not checking my statements but the customer service department is horrible.

I’m going to pay off my $200.00 balance on time but I don’t think I’ll use the card again after being told too many different reasons as to why there was there was money missing on my card. I figured it out. It was a late fee they charged me while my payment was being processed. They said it would be put back on my card in 3 business days (we will see). Some of the confusion was my fault for not reading my monthly statements and the paperwork involved. The rest of the confusion was on the customer service department end. ALWAYS check your statement and don’t be 1 day late or you’ll be charged a late fee.

CitiCard Company Information