2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.93/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

CitiCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard ?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

I have had a credit card with Citi for over 4 years. Today I got an e-mail stating they lowered my limit by 500. I have NEVER been over my limit. ALWAYS pay ahead of time & often make extra payments each month. My income has not decreased. I have not asked for Covid-19 assistance. But they say it's because of a dispute I'm having with Conn's and a 60-day delinquency with Conn's!?! They are not affiliated with them in any way. VERY disappointed with Citibank and this kind of practice. WILL be closing this card within the month. The ONLY reason they get the 1 star is because you have to give at least 1 star to write this review.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Literally the worst customer service ever. I disputed a charge with CitiCard, provided the same information 3 times only to have it requested yet again. When I call, representatives are either unable to comprehend English or argue with me. I can only assume CitiCard intends consumers to give up in frustration so they don't have to actually do their jobs. Well, they succeeded... After years with CitiCard I have closed my account with them and will never do business with their company again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

In April 2020 CitiCard contacted me regarding a fraudulent charge of over $1000. I called them immediately to confirm that the charge was not mine and they cancelled my card and sent me a new one, reassuring me that the charge would be reversed. Not long afterward I noticed the fraudulent charge was now posted to my new card. I called about it and they issued a temporary credit while they reviewed it. Next I received a letter saying that based on what BestBuy had sent them, they were charging my card after all and included an invoice. The invoice clearly showed someone else's name in a state at the opposite end of the country had purchased an expensive item online and picked it up. They used my billing address and card number, but used their own (or someone else's) name.

Next, now irate, I called citicard to alert them to their error. They CLEARLY DO NOT EVEN BOTHER LOOKING AT WHATEVER MERCHANTS SEND THEM. The fellow on the phone then reopened the case. I don't believe he issued a temp credit this time. Next I receive a notice saying my dispute was denied because I supposedly gave them two different reasons for disputing the charge: 1) that I had returned the item and 2) that I never received the item. So I called them again. They should be paying me for my time. They then reopened the case and today, now weeks later, I got a letter saying too much time had passed and they can't help me. I need to call the merchant.

Citibank has no interest in protecting their customers from fraudulent charges. This is the second time I have had to go to extreme measures to be properly credited for fraudulent charges. Planning on changing companies asap. Don't get a card with this company if you expect intelligent people to help out when things go wrong.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

Only had my Citi credit card for 3 months and had my first issue. I made a purchase with my reward points and then 10 minutes later received an email that they could not be used with no explanation as to why. My account still deducted the points and the store that I purchased from went ahead and charged my credit card because the points were later denied. I spent the next three days on the phone with them trying to get this resolved. Every person I spoke with said they would note things in my account but not 1 person did. I asked to speak to a manager multiple times to which they refused. Finally, after three days on the phone with them, I got to speak to a manager. She reimbursed my points that I lost plus said that I would receive 9,000 bonus points on my next statement for all of the hassle I had to go through.

Got my next statement and sure enough, no bonus points and of course, the manager I spoke with the next time for an hour on the phone said there were no notes about receiving the 9,000 bonus points and she refused to honor what I had been promised. Not even 4 months and I have closed my account. DON'T DO IT! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I have been a Citibank customer for nearly 30 years. I have a checking account, overdraft account, and three Citicards. I've always been happy with the company and customer service, until I applied for a Citi Simplicity card earlier this year. I don't know why that particular part of Citibank is so bad, but it is. The Citi simplicity team is extremely disorganized, and their customer service reps are poorly trained. Today I received an early fraud warning by text, asking me to call in. When I called it took 10 minutes for the customer service rep to verify me, and I kept asking what exactly has happened to the account. He responded that there's been no fraud and in the future when I get an early fraud warning I should just ignore it. What a dumb answer. I don't know what's going on there, but Citibank management should fire that entire team and start over. That one team is ruining the entire company's reputation.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Everything about Citi card is perfect. Their fees are less and they help boost your credit score. Their customer service staff are competent workers. Citi card app is well secured for all your online transactions.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Excellent customer service. Very friendly and helpful. I love my CITI credit card. Love the 5% cashback offers. Never have a problem using this credit card anywhere, even in Greece on the island of Crete.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Citicard has always offered lower APR rate and great customer service to me... maybe because I have been a customer for so long. Great experience and easy bill pay site online! I know regardless of my need, they do their best to HELP me!

Original review: July 28, 2020

When I first applied Citi was not going to give me a card, me on a small fixed income but did when I mentioned I was a Veteran. Since then, other than a few internet snags, I have been pleased with speed AND quality of service and the Double Cash Back feature is a plus.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Citicard offers pre-approved cards. Then denied my good credit. Giving me a ding on my credit. Probably denied because of inquiries just like the bad inquiry they are giving consumers. Duh... You just lost a good paying customer Citibank.

CitiCard Company Information