Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
  2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.32/5
Based on 1,022 ratings submitted in the last year

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

CitiCard Reviews

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I have a Citi double cash Card with a 100% fraud protection. I put into dispute in September. It is almost December. For fraudulent charges from a rental car company that attempted to charge my card several times they approved 3 charges going above my credit limit that were not authorized and have said to me many times they would credit it back to my account and assured me that I had a 100% fraud protection and they have done nothing but send me emails that say they're looking into the dispute. I can't use my card because it's over the credit limit and my credit score has now dropped 60 points! How long is this gonna take. I'm completely disgusted with how they've handled this and not done anything. I've always made my payments on time. Never late. Never missed a payment.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I wanted to write in detail what the "circus" CitiCard Advantage is making out of a simple replacement card. I see after reading submitted complaints that this company is just too unorganized to do a professional job. Ten days (10) ago after a compromise on my card, a replacement was requested. I am still waiting for that promise of card being sent out by FedEx by (3) Three different agents. What liars are employed by this company. Wonder if you can trust your money the Citi Banks as well??? I will be dropping and NEVER recommend this card to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I applied for a new card. Waited the 7-10 business days and it did not arrive. To keep this short, in summary, I called over 10 times inquiring as to where my card was, as I wanted to make a large purchase to get the miles they were offering. I was told numerous different things depending on who I spoke with. Since I never received the card, I was unable to know the entire digits, therefore I couldn't use it nor would anyone I spoke with re-issue me a new card. One person told me the card was returned to Citi, the next person he transferred me to said I needed to keep waiting for it to arrive, then the last person said it was delivered to my house (to which I stated I am at my house and there is no card). I kept getting blind transferred, starting over with my story, and it was apparent that the people I spoke with were at a call center and were reading off of a script. I was then told I would receive Fedex tracking within 24 hours, and I did not get that.

I called back and had to start over again, it has been an exhausting process. I just wanted a credit card that I could use as my primary card, however I am so turned off by the service I have received I am cancelling it altogether. My husband is cancelling his Citi card as well, far superior service with Chase, Amex, and Barclays. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Citi.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

After almost 14 years of being a Citicard credit card holder. I decided to call it a day. Horrendous aggravating customer service, no follow through, mistakes on bill. There are too many other cards out there that value your business and that have knowledgeable customer service representatives. This company is a joke.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

My auto pay acc was changed and without my authorization exactly one day after an auto payment was processed. I called to make my payment, ask why they were trying to draft an auto payment from a bank acc that is not mine and that I didn’t change. I also needed the late payment fee waived as a courtesy.... again for something I did not do.

Well I was xfer 4 times, questioned, laughed at and hanged up on. I was treated as I was a liar and each agent made it difficult to work with. Those agents they hire in the Philippines are extremely rude, they talk over you all the time and they pretty much have a condescending attitude. I will be closing both of my Citi cards with them and pay off the balance as I refuse for this type of company keep on making money off of me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CitiCard?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I would think it's with all Citi credit cards. I made my payment on time, but it was posted to the account one day after the statement closing date. They charged me full interest, and did not care that I actually did pay on time. Or even tried to work with me. After all the time I've had this credit card, one issue that wasn't even my fault. No help, just ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Had a fraudulent charge. After my number was changed was still charged the amount. I always pay my credit card off and have excellent credit. I’ve called seven times and was given different answers every time. I think this Company will be in the news soon.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Disputed charge on my stolen credit card number. Initially credited my credit card but then reversed when merchant (PayPal) did a chargeback with info given to CitiBank. Citi never detailed this information to me before making their decision. The investigation by their fraud department is sadly lacking.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Citibank close my account with no reason, My payment history was 100%. Not a single payment missing since I have this card. No customer service help. I called two time to ask reason of close my account, then they I need to send them written request.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

If you purchase your airline tickets, hotels, cruise etc through a travel agency do not expect 3%! All you get 1%! Unless you buy directly from airline or hotel all you get is 1%. What makes it worse unlike many other cards Costco City Card gives no travel benefits (trip interruption, lost baggage etc. for ANY reason).

CitiCard Company Information