Chase Bank
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Chase Bank

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

2774 Chase Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have been a customer of this bank for years and I am so disgusted by how they do their business. This company increased their Apr just because to a ridiculous amount because they could and I am now in such a financial mess after years of trying to do the right thing by paying them back. This bank is the reason consumers will choose to claim bankruptcy as they leave you broke in more ways than one. We as consumers understand we are required to pay back what we borrow but to pay penalties for others not paying is so unfair to us.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I have had it with Chase after being a customer of over a decade. The final straw was that I made a check deposit thru the ATM, not an uncommon practice for me. So they declined it, I called to inquire as to why. Well long story short, the error was on Chase, also not an uncommon practice of Chase. So I was told instead of depositing the check they already have in their possession, they are going to make me wait even longer. Their idea of resolving the issue Chase created and customer service is to mail me a legal copy of the original they already have, mail it within 3-5 days, so when I receive it, I can take it back to chase branch to deposit. They have the MOST stupid, worthless, customer service pee-ons I have ever encountered in my life. I get a migraine every time I have to speak to one of these outsourced heavily accented good for nothings.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Over a month ago I went to request an Uber and my card was immediately declined. I opened my Chase app to see what was wrong and I noticed several charges that weren't mine. The total was over $500. I called Chase and was assured that everything would be taken care of. Here I sit a month later with yet again another story from Chase. But let's go back... About a week after I reported the claim, they refunded me all the money. I received my new debit card in the mail and thought all was good until I received an email from the "Chase back office" and they said that no error occurred and all the refunds would be reversed. I immediately called and was told the reason they closed the investigation on ALL charges was because I didn't report it right away... Mind you the transactions all took place the day of and the day before I called and reported the transactions.

After about the third week the money was all out of my account again, I made several phone calls and emails to the fraud department to re-open the case because they kept closing it for whatever reason. I decided to go into the bank in which I opened my account. I waited for over an hour to meet with a banker. I ended up meeting with the branch manager which was clearly new at her job but anyhow, she told me that all the fraud issues had to be solved either over the phone or through email. She said that there would be no way that she would be able to help me. So as I angrily drove home I called chase fraud department to see if anything had changed. The woman I spoke with told me that Chase customers have up to 60 days to report a fraudulent charge on their account. Again, I reported mine within 24 hours of noticing an issue.

The woman also said that the case has been reopened and I would need to fill out an affidavit (which I have yet to get) and submit that along with a written statement of what exactly happened. After doing all of that I woke up to another email from chase stating that the case has been closed. I called once again and in a roundabout way I understood that Chase never even investigated to see who exactly was using my debit card for the purchases. They pulled no security footage and they never called the merchants to see copies of the credit card receipts. I received another email from Chase stating that the case was closed and that no error occurred. So I called again, they told me they would reopen the case again but it would be best if I filed a police report and contacted the merchants directly.

When I went to file the police report the officer told me that for every 10 debit card fraud reports he does 9 of them are for Chase customers. He also said that only a select few ever get their money back "so do not get your hopes up". Once I got the written statement and the police report I called chase again to see where they wanted it sent. I was told that all of that was unnecessary and that local law enforcement has no business interfering with the chase fraud department investigation. Now remind you, a Chase fraud department employee was the one that told me to file the report.

After that fiasco I started to call each and every merchant and SHOCKER, they wouldn't do anything. They all told me to contact my bank. They also said that they wouldn't release any security footage or copies of receipts without the proper paperwork. And they have yet to receive any of that from chase nor have they even received a phone call. So I called chase again... I was told that I should hear something by early January as to what exactly happened and "hopefully we can refund you your money". I brought up the fact that the merchants said that they haven't heard anything from Chase yet and they immediately placed me on hold and then came back on and said that they would handle it (whatever that means).

The claim still remains open at this time but I am willing to bet that tomorrow when I wake up, I will have an email from Chase stating that no error occurred and that the case is closed. Please learn from my mistake and never EVER open a Chase account or if you have one currently I would recommend closing it and switching to a new bank. They market their checking accounts as zero liability but in reality that's all a front to make you feel safe that all your hard earned money will never be stolen from you as long as you are a Chase customer. LIES!! Once some crazy person gets your account information and starts taking money out of your account Chase just looks the other way. That sounds more like 100% liability.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I was told multiple things by different CS reps and when a supervisor said, "We will call back after we review the recording." I never received any call nor did they have any idea or notes on the subject when I called back. Unbelievable... Switching me and my entire family to another bank.. simply will not put up with this blatant disregard for customer service. I'd had better CS from a prepaid Amex Serve Card. Yes American Express is a large company but so is Chase and they should not treat their customers this way. I am ready to sue them but know nothing or have the means to do so. So unless someone else gets some kind of case or petition going let me know please!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Ive been getting fraudulent charges on my acct. I received a email saying my card was compromised by a 3rd party no explanation and when I called they refused to give me an explanation. They would only tell me that a new card was being sent out and said my current card had a limit per day till new card was activated. Received new card, activated it, they didnt bother to cancel my previous card. I received more fraud charges and they gave me a hard time getting reversals for these fraud charges.

Well today they reversed the reverse charges without notifying me. Spoke with claims. They said I have to deal with the merchant which I spoke to a woman I could not understand who said she will not deal with my bank and wanted me to bring 100 dollars to the grocery store to reimburse me the 40 dollars. Sounds shady doesnt it? I told Chase claims what they said and they still outright refuse to reimburse me. Chase will not have your back if you are victimized by criminals. WITHOUT US THEY WOULD NOT HAVE A BUSINESS. THEY ARE CRIMINALS THEMSELVES.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Contacted them about a month ago about unauthorized use of my card by an ex. They assured me that there would be no more problems. However this month's statement had more charges that were associated with my ex. Bottom line is I had to pay for the charges. I have since cancelled the card. Stay away!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I went to the ATM per usual to remove money from my non Chase account to put into one of my two Chase checking accounts. Hwy 54 Peachtree City, GA. The amount I was withdrawing was $500 for which they charged me three dollars in total. $503 was removed from my account however the ATM never dispersed the money. It sat making noise for nearly two minutes before spitting out a receipt with a useless phone number for you to call. Upon calling the number you find you have been routed out of the country to the Philippines people who literally sit and repeat the same inane endless words of scripted junk stating they can't help and the receipt means nothing to them.

Upon calling the bank you are met by rude in individuals who don't even express customer care in the least bit, sad actually. They find it's a non Chase card and get rude. Hey you charged me three dollars at the ATM, guess what - I am now a Chase customer for that matter. I mention I have two Chase checking accounts to which I am met with back peddling and trying to seem at least a bit softer but too late. You already showed your hand of cards. I do not recommend this bank to anyone unless you like being treated like garbage and routed overseas for your bank account. In life money matters, go ahead put your life savings in another countries incompetent hands so nobody has to take responsibility! I do not have trust for Chase nor feel my money is in good hands, complete loss of respect. I am in the middle of a move cross country and as soon as I get to CA I am switching my accounts to Navy Federal Credit Union (customer service stateside).

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I unfortunately have been a victim of receiving fraudulent checks which was part of an elaborate banking scam. However, I did not have that information upon depositing the bad check into my business checking account. I contacted Chase once the first check bounced, and they provided little to no information as to why it bounced. Prior to that, the fraudulent check showed up as a credit and as ‘available funds’ in my business checking account. I went ahead and used that money to pay vendors, bills, etc. Three days later the check comes back as not cleared/bounced. I called Chase customer service and they provided little to no explanation as to why the check was denied payment (issuer's bank was from PNC Bank).

In the meantime I received another (fraudulent) check from same issuer, went ahead to deposit, and 2 days later, the same thing happened. Now the PNC account is closed. All I am asking from Chase to reimburse me for the money I thought I had in my account and spent to pay bills, not for the entire amount of the 2 bad checks that were deposited. It's only $2400.

For a billion-dollar banking institution, you would think they would be sympathetic to a very small business owner who was a victim of a crime, and also a very long-standing customer of Chase (30 years, I have a personal checking account & mortgage with them as well) that they would be willing to help me out to re-coup the $2400 that I thought I could spend because the bad check deposits were showing up as a credit or available funds. But, sadly, no, they threw up their arms saying there is nothing we can do to help you. They admit that it cleared their check-cashing process, but are denying any blame in presenting misleading information in my online banking ledger. So, in the end it's my fault that I'm out the $2400, and sorry that this happened.

I expect more from a bank, but I've been pretty disappointed with Chase in the past with other banking fraud on my personal account. I did speak to a rep at PNC Bank, they said I can file a check fraud dispute claim which will force both banks to talk to each other. Sad that I have to talk to the issuer's bank to get more of a resolution that I got with Chase. Bottom line, if you're a small business owner, don't open an account with Chase. PNC Bank seems to be more small business-friendly and willing to help out a small business owner who was victim of a banking crime. Stay away from Chase. They are not interested in customer satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Worst service of any bank I've ever used! They sent my social security check back. Because their banker did not transfer my direct deposit after I had to close my account and open a new one due to fraud on my old account. Then they would do nothing to help me. Even after admitting it was their negligence. Now I have to apply for a new check which will take 15 days. I am 64, disabled from birth, and have no one to help me. They could have at least given me a line of credit to use to buy food and gas to get to my cancer treatment. Heartless, irresponsible.

Resolution response: Nov. 8, 2017

Lo and behold I received $200 (they had practiced high to low payment a few times on my account) in refunds from JP Morgan Chase! It took a threatening letter to the company and it was resolved fast! Thank you JP.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

JP Morgan Chase is still practicing the "high to low" payment of ACH payments. What this means is Chase can make more money in overdraft fees by performing this unethical practice. For example, I had $160 in account with three payments coming in. A 40, 100, and a $175. There was enough to clear the 40 and the 100, meaning only 1 overdraft should have been levied against my account. By Chase performing the unethical high to low payment, the $175 payment first caused a negative balance for two more insufficient payments giving Chase reasoning to charge 3 overdraft fees instead of 1. After complaining they refused to reverse. In Bodnar vs Bank Of America, a 2011 class action lawsuit with precedence to the above subject matter BOA lost and had to pay account holders 27 million. Any lawyers or stakeholders interested?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I have held personal and business accounts with JP Morgan Chase for over 11 years now. The mistakes they have made over the years were some significant blunders, however nothing compares to the past year. I have been blatantly lied to multiple times by several representatives on matters pertaining to my personal and business account. When addressing the lies with management they took zero accountability each time and made no efforts to reconcile my complaints or on-going concerns. What's more, the bank increased fees without notifying me and this too was supposedly my fault because I opted for paperless - they email me junk every day so why not such an important document? Chase is absolutely useless. Unfortunately I must visit a Chase branch in order to close my accounts. All in due time. It’s time for traditional banking to retire! I certainly look forward to the days of digital banking.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Called because there was an unauthorized purchase of $100 on my debit, only lasted about 5-10 minutes, they were helpful, well spoken and fast. Though I'm upset about my card and my money I couldn't be happier with the service and support thus far.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I was transferred 4 times in one call, and not one person could help me. Got transferred a final time and it was after 5, so the machine told me they were closed. I waited on the phone for half an hour getting transferred around to incompetent representatives none of which could or would handle a simple bill payment.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

My account was open less than two weeks, I have been experimenting/testing on send money with Zelle or QuickPay with Zelle. Tried to log in online but was suspended and they called me to verify QuickPay Zelle activity. After verifying it was me they reactivated my account, ten minutes later tried to log in and again it was suspended, no fraud activity, not overdrawn or negative on my account. Chase decided that since I transfer money to my other bank institution and I hurt their feeling they decided to permanently end relationship with me, let me remind you that department from non English people close my account not Americans lol, the fraud department didn’t close out my account, QuickPay/ bill pay department close my account lol, Chase butt hurted when use QuickPay/Zelle to my other bank institution, don’t bank with Chase. They are sensitive and they will surprise you with closing out your account/debit card and you will be stranded.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I've been I client of your bank for 10 years. I almost got my mortgage from you and my credit is over 750. I used to have a business account and a personal account with you and I still have some investment there. I have a great job, pay taxes and don't have any police report. I year ago my computer was victim of a hacker and the people got all my information. I found out about this, because they took 5,000 dollars for my personal account, supposedly using my debit card in Benny's jewelry. I called immediately to the bank, after receiving a mail, saying I never did that transaction. Filled up the corresponding papers. (The bank page is bad, so when I clicked on option, it selected another, but I was so upset that sent the option saying: I never received the card, which of course was wrong, because when I called I explained I did.)

Anyways, after my personal account the hacker kept stealing now on my business account and they ended up getting more than 30,000. It was the same bank that told me to open a new account and I followed all their advice. After a year, I still don't get all the money back. I paid an insurance against fraud, I have my record clean, I sent the police report with the pictures of the people who went to the jewelry store and they say they won't give back my money. I moved my money to another bank. I canceled the mortgage and I have to start with a new bank which at least keeps my money saved. I am so upset, it made me pass for a very stressful experience, and when people ask me about Chase, I say: Don't do it. They are not secure, and worst than that: "They don't trust you and when they do a mistake, they don't give your money back." Worst experience in the bank that I trusted my money.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I have been with Chase for over 7 years now. That's a long time to be loyal to a bank that doesn't truly VALUE me a customer. I never receive any offers to make me a "better part of Chase." Last year I was looking to boost my credit and become a more responsible consumer by better managing my credit. I applied for a credit card and they declined me. I was like, ok??? That sucks!!!

I had been with this bank so long and I have never been a problem customer. So, why decline me? I guess it was due to credit which "Duuhh!!!" is why I am trying to apply for a credit card to increase my credit score. I guess they didn't want to take a chance on me as a "valued" customer. So I went to Wells Fargo, a bank I don't bank with, to apply for a secured credit card.

Strangely is something Chase doesn't offer "which is so stupid" and got approved for a credit card. I also needed to get out-of-a lemon of a car that I had at that time with no payments, and asked for a car loan from Chase, you know, the bank, I bank with, and they declined me. I was like "wow guys" it was only for under $14,000 but still they didn't see any "value" in me as a good customer that had been banking with them for so many years.

I ended up going to Enterprise and got a 2015 Chrysler and with a loan that had a very high interest rate. I didn't care I was out of that car... pheewww!!! Anywho, I was happy and I started building my credit. Fast forward almost a year later boosted my credit score almost 100 points. I paid my credit card bill 2x's a month, I paid my car note early every month and I was like killing the credit management thing, not missing any payments.

I was a responsible person in this world now... I currently decided that I wanted to get a new car because my family is getting bigger (baby girl due in Jan 2018, making this family, a family of 6 now) and I need a bigger vehicle. After all the hard work I had been doing to boost my credit, I thought that Chase would see my efforts and would like to consider me as a "valued" customer and take a chance on me and give me a car loan, this time for doubled the amount.

Well to my surprise.. no! I was declined again. I just fell like I'm a loser to this company or something because I can't believe that I have been so loyal for so long and this bank "still" will not see me as an asset. However, my conclusion is that this bank does not care truly for its long term customers, or how to turn their customers into better customers. It sucks, but now I am considering researching a bank that actually "value" their loyal customers and want to see them become better customers, and just better people overall. Chase you suck at valuing your customers!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I went to Chase bank to cash $500.00 check. They charge $8.00 because I don't have an account with them. What kind the stupid customer service is that? I won't be your customer never after this experience. Yet I called the person who gave me the check told her to close her account with Chase.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Recently my account was overdrawn by about $20. Chase's policy is to give you until midnight to put money in your account to not get an overdraft fee. I had a family member quick pay me some money and that money went through at 10:14 PM. I went to sleep and thought nothing of it. When I woke up I had a $35 overdraft fee because I was told the cut off point is now 10 PM. When I called to try to rectify this they were using one of three overdraft returns they allow a person per year. This was not satisfactory to me. I don't believe I should've been penalized at all. Chase is misleading about their policies and I believe they purposely withhold funds so they can collect these overdraft fees.

Course I don't have the money to hire a lawyer to go into this issue. But I am happy I can write about it here. And this from the same industry that was bailed out by the taxpayers. Yet they can't bail me out for 14 minutes. I have had countless issues just like this. What an awful corporation. The care is absolutely nothing about the people that give them all the money that they have. My sincere hope is that the people of the United States will get together and withdraw all their money at one time from Chase in the awful corporations like Chase. And be smart enough to start our own kind of bank. Chase shame on you. You are disgusting and awful. Certain industries such as the banking industry and health industry should absolutely not be for profit.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I am a Chase customer since 2011. In July I try to use Chase pay service online. My order was not going through and I call Chase. Here they asked me few questions. I answer and they said, "We are not able to recognize you as account holder." Now I checked my credit report there was two addresses. I was not on those addresses ever and they were showing in my record. I asked to remove those addresses and second thing I pay attention to day of my birth. For that they say, "Do not worry about it much. We only report month and year to companies not the day."

Now I have credit balance on account asking them to release from three month to any of my checking account they have on file. But they are not releasing my credit balance. Every time they said they will call me and they do not. So I think I have to forget my 21,61 dollars forever because when I ask them to send any documentation to prove my identification they refuse by saying, "We cannot do that." Neither they can email me. They just kept me frustrating.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I went negative in my account and had my husband quick pay me the money once I noticed I was negative 15$. I then checked my account and saw the money cleared the negative. I woke up to a negative 119.00 in straight overdraft fees. When I called they told me that after 10 PM the quick pay won't clear so I got charged 34 $ for 3 5$ charges. I called and I was told there is nothing we can do about it. They told me that even though it reflects on my balance it hasn't posted. So why are you telling me I have funds when I don't? What's the point of mobile banking? If the information provided is false I got stuck paying overdraft fees that I can't afford. Now I'm short on my rent cause of this and I was very responsible and made sure I was in positive before going to bed. I hate Chase. Never again will I ever bank with them. Switching my bank.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Chase is the worst bank to bank with! They closed my acct with no explanation. Told me they'd give me my money in person! They didn't. Every representative told me something different each time!!! And now I have to wait 10 WHOLE days for a check to come in the mail! No explanation, they can't tell me why my acct is closing. Then I receive a letter. TODAY 10/24/2017 that my acct is closing 10/18/2017. Like REALLY.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Just found a $215 withdrawal from one of my Chase accounts. When I called they said it was for some account that got overdrawn 2 1/2 years ago! And that they had the right to take my money any time. Just exercised my right to close all my Chase accounts. They claim they called numerous times. I asked if they ever left a message and they said they don't leave messages. Well then how do I know you called?? Wow. They could have emailed, left a voice message, messaged me through their own secure message center, or sent me a letter. They did none of those things. Just grabbed my money 2 1/2 years later. I don't do business with that. Peace out Chase!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Chase bureaucracy can kill every bit of joy in your life. Stay away! For a simple request to move money from one account to another had to go through multiple online requests, going to the branch office, talking over the phone, sending faxes... a couple times. Everyone tells you something different, their documentation is non-existent and their email message notifications are useless.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

It's unbelievable, how Chase Bank is running the business. I work for a financial service company, non-bank company. I went to Chase to open a joint bank account. I wanted a joint bank account to provide as a married evidence for the immigration interview. I hold a work permit (called Combo Card). The banker said I cannot open an account with Chase because I don't have a green card, I am not an American resident. I said, "OK, no problem. Can you provide me a refusal letter and tell the reasons what you said to me on the letter why I am not qualified?" He walked to talk to his boss (I guess) and then came back and said he cannot provide any documents.

I said the company should have a document to explain initial requirements when a customer wants to apply for a new account or credit card. Surprisingly, this company doesn't have anything for their customers! Unprofessional at all. Discriminate against status. He tried to say about the company prevents illegal activity. This is not the way you prevent money laundering, drug trafficking, human trafficking... This company is a joke!! LOL

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I disputed a charge from a disreputable company. Initially Chase refunded the money but said they would investigate. This was from a supposed free trial I got online. At no time did I agree to buy anything or join anything. I paid for the postage. When I asked the company what the price of their product was they wouldn't just answer me so I told them I wanted nothing to do with their company or product and not to contact me again. A week later they charged my card $89 and sent me overdrawn. All of this is on my email.

I never heard from Chase as they investigated this until they said they found in favor of the company and were going to debit my account. I then contacted them and they asked for copies of my correspondence with this company... which I had to waste a lot of time printing and then faxing. They still found in favor of the company despite the fact I clearly stated a week prior to the charge that I didn't want their product. So a company... Rapid Ageless... has stolen my money in a very underhanded way and Chase has allowed it to happen. I will be closing my account with them as I have absolutely no confidence in the safety of my hard earned cash with this bank.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

There is always seems to be a problem when any kind of deposits involved: check deposits won't be available for a WEEK! Apparently Chase is still operates in a year of 1995! You will have to call and spend half a day on the phone with their "specialist" who is extremely rude like you asking for their money by asking to release your own! Another problem is transferring money- they will hold your funds for days and then still you have to call and spend half a day with rude and impatient "specialists". I am getting rid of this bank as soon as possible!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I am a female US citizen robbed while traveling in France with my 11-year-old daughter. I called to cancel my card on Friday. I explained that I had less than $100 and no backup credit card. Also that I would be leaving France and flying to Spain Sunday morning. REP #1 PROMISED delivery of a replacement card within 24 hours. Late Saturday night... NO CARD! Called REP #2. The dumbest person I have ever encountered!! She explained the card was scheduled to arrive Mon night (more than 72 hours after I first called). I told her I was flying to Spain the next morning WITH A CHILD, NO MONEY, AND NO CREDIT CARD. She offered to mail a new card to Spain, but said it could take 5 days to arrive. We were only staying 6 days, so I said no to that, feeling it would not arrive. Her final advice was for extend our stay in France Sun & Mon until the card arrived. I explained that would cost at least $1000. She was "sorry". Yes, she was!!!

I asked what would happen to the card mailed to France. She said if signature was required, it would just be returned to them. If it wasn't, whomever was at the hotel would have it. She didn't know if it would require signature??? They would cancel that card number. Against her brilliant recommendation, we went to Spain as planned. Fast forward to the following Friday, we returned to the US. I called Chase... REP #3 who said the France hotel called and had the card. He said it was canceled since it was not in my possession. He promised delivery of yet another card in 24 hours. It didn't come... LOL. I received emails and discovered that card #2 and card #3 had the same account number. The one sent to France was NOT canceled as both reps said would/did happen.

On Sunday, I called REP #4 who verified they had only mailed a duplicate card. She said that was a mistake on their end. At this point, I was VERY upset. The best she could do was promise delivery of yet another card that would be mailed "expedited shipping" on Monday (tomorrow), but may take up to 3 DAYS TO GET. It is coming from a neighboring stat. A USPS regular 49 cent stamp would get it here in 2 days!!!! So... By Friday, maybe I will have a credit card... 2 WEEKS after reporting it stolen!!!

The worst customer service on earth! I had a child in a foreign country that luckily I fed by ordering take out using PayPal! Otherwise, we would have gone without 4 or 5 meals while my husband wire transferred money to us in Spain! PayPal and Uber provided transportation, thankfully! Unbelievably low levels of intellect in all 4 of these people! BTW, I pay $59 year for this card. I've had it over 20 years. I use it to earn air miles on Southwest. Reconsidering my options!!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Approximately 1 month ago I lost my debit card while out shopping, I realized that when I got home. I tried numerous times to call the bank to cancel the card, I tried for about 45 minutes without ever getting anyone. I went directly to the bank and was told to call the 800 number. They have a total of 2 bankers working and they were both busy. I came home and finally got through to the 800 number to cancel the card. This experience left me so disgusted with their customer service that I went to the bank to close my account. They wanted to charge me to write me a check so I went to my new bank and wrote the check for the remaining amount in my account. They knew I wanted to close the account. I left a zero balance.

Now I get an alert from Chase that my account is overdrawn (I'm not using it) and they are charging me $6.00. I have to make another trip to the bank to tell them to officially close the account, you can't do it online or on the phone. Of course the 2 bankers are busy and I'm told to either make an appointment and close the account or go to another location. This will be my fourth trip to try to take care of this. They have no bankers available to help you and their customer service stinks. I will never use CHASE again. Also I kept quite a large balance in my account, they used my money for 7 years and paid me nothing for interest but when I take my own money out they want to charge me a fee.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Yesterday, I picked up my usual check from a well known contractor, who uses Chase, and then, went to a local branch here in Naples, FL on Pine Ridge and Airport Rd. to cash it. At the teller station, I signed the check (in front of her) and along with giving 3 different forms of I.D. and asked her to please cash it very politely.

She then, says in a rude tone, she cannot cash the check because I am not a Chase customer. I told her that has not been a problem before. The teller looked confused for a moment and then holds my driver's license up and says, Hmmm... your I.D. looks like might have been altered". I said, "Well, my driver's license is a little worn out from the many years but, readable and valid form of I.D. plus I have other forms of I.D. here for you?"

She then runs my check through a machine that printed a bunch of codes with the words, "endorsement canceled" and says the system flagged my check as "potential fraud". At this point, I asked to speak to the manager. The manager, Kristin, finally comes to the teller station and was also very rude and condescending and says, "No, we cannot cash it." I asked them to please call the Chase customer to verify the check but, she refused to. They could have easily called for verification as other banks have done before.

So, first the reason was that I'm not a Chase customer. Then, the reason was because of potential fraud, and to top it off, they printed a red flag on the back of my hard earned check making it impossible for me to cash at my own bank! I had a hard time depositing it as my bank put a hold on it because of this nonsense at Chase. This was a horrible experience being disrespected by these rude and condescending employees.

As a former Chase Bank customer. This is normal, rude customer service and getting the runaround and different, made up stories depending on who you talk to. Plus, very long holds on deposits, unjustified, excessive overdrafts, etc., etc... My rating is avoid this bank! Very shady, poor, rude customer service! Nobody should be treated this way.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Extreme strict rules for non residents. I had 2 cases with Chase Bank in the last 6 months. 1 - Although I had more than $100K in my account, I wasn't provided with a credit card even with a limit. 2 - I went there with my driving license to open a savings account besides my checking account, and they didn't open. Because I was told to go there with my passport. As a result, they easily lost a customer, if the word CUSTOMER really means something to them.

Chase expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Chase Bank’s reach spans almost half of America’s households.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for their products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking including mobile, online, e-pay, account alerts and more.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers, business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest earning accounts.

• Best for: Chase Bank offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg