3.14/5

Chase Bank

Chase has credit cards that can help you earn points on the things you love most, including travel. Read reviews for Chase Sapphire Preferred to learn about travel rewards.

Chase Gallery (6)
View More View More

3236 Chase Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 17, 2019

I went to deposit my check today at Chase after switching to them recently. I have no money in my checking account and this was a large check that I had worked two weeks for. The bank teller informed me that there was a random hold placed on my check, and it most likely would not go in for two days. They told me I was also unable to cash my check. This was the 2nd check from the new company I work for that I've deposited.

The bank branch told me to call the 1800 number so I did. Not one person was able to assist me and the "manager" told me that she couldn't verify that there was a hold on my account since it was still processing. I told her I clearly have a receipt stating there was a hold placed on my check. She said it there was still nothing she could do.

When she finally transferred me to the department that would be able to "assist me" the automated system hung up on me. I now cannot eat for the next two days since I was relying on this money. I asked them if I'd ever be able to cash my checks there and they couldn't give me a solid answer. Now I feel like I would've been better off going to a check cashing store. I switched to this bank to avoid problems like this, but now I get to starve tonight and tomorrow and no one could tell me why. Worst experience I've ever had with a bank. Don't believe the hype.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I am a local business owner in Santa Barbara California. My company chose to go with Chase Bank for their merchant services and for the fact that I have a relationship with the bankers here locally. We were told next day funding which was the reason we chose Chase over the other merchant providers. However, not the best rate from Chase but we chose Chase anyways. Come to find out "next day funding" was a lie. Chase will hold a merchant deposit for an undisclosed amount of time and they will call this a review from their "RISK DEPT".

When I call Chase's "RISK DEPT" they do not provide any pertinent information as to why they are holding a deposit from a credit card nor will they provide how long they will hold "MY MONEY" for. I am shocked that CHASE BANK is doing business this way. I also use to work in a bank and I have never seen a bank hold a client's money on a digital transaction. On a check yes but not a digital transaction which should be automatic. Hence, is why CHASE BANK said next day funding but that was a LIE!!!! The old bait and switch SCAM!!! This review will be found on social media, YELP, GOOGLE and anyone we can warn that CHASE MERCHANT SERVICE IS A SCAM!!!

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I went to the Chase branch office near my house to close a savings account but was told that I could not withdraw my money or close the account because my account information in the Chase system was not complete or correctly stored and there was no way to withdraw the money until the issue is fixed. The savings account was opened in 2000 with another bank which Chase acquired after year 2000. The issue could be caused by incomplete or incorrect migration of my account information from one computing system to the Chase computing system. This is an issue/error created by Chase but I, as a customer, had to make two trips to the branch office and spent close to two hours to resolve the issue by providing detailed personal information.

After that, I still had to wait days for Chase to fix the back-office systems before I can withdraw my money. My expectation to any bank that I deposit money to is that I can withdraw my money whenever I need to. That is a fundamental principle and basis banks are established. If a bank cannot honor that principle, then I cannot have my money deposited with that bank. I am a Chase Private Client and has had banking relationship with Chase for a while but I am extremely disappointed at Chase now because the way they handled this issue. They basically asked their valuable customers to suffer because of their own mistakes in their IT systems.

Original review: April 13, 2019

If I could give a negative 5 stars I would. As a Chase customer for over 5 years, I had ASSUMED that the bank was protecting my money. This, unfortunately, was not the case. In January I noticed that MANY unauthorized debits had come out of my savings account. Silly me to think that a savings account was more secure than a checking account since there was no debit card attached to it. Upon realizing this, I immediately call the fraud department. Since this was a Sunday AM, I end up speaking with a representative in Asia with less than perfect English. I explained my find and was asked when the first suspicious activity took place. I initially stated that it appeared to be in Nov. but then noticed a small ($4.31) debit in June. Through her broken English she said "only 60 days" over and over. After trying to understand what she was saying, I finally gave up, asking to speak to a rep. in the US.

Upon being transferred, it was clearly explained that they will not cover any fraudulent charges after 60 days of the 1st appearance. I was also told that it was MY FAULT for not checking my savings account regularly. I can accept that I should be checking it but when it is a SAVINGS with no access to it, one would think that the bank would've notified me if large amounts were being withdrawn from PayPal. In the end, they refused to investigate the large charges that started in November and I am now out almost $10,000.

Original review: April 12, 2019

On April 5th, 2019 I logged into my account to check my account balance. I was shocked to find that I was overdrawn by approximately $414. I quickly scanned my transactions and saw that a check belonging to a business in California had been posted to my account. Their account number was just one number off from mine. The check was in the amount of $821, so this was no small error. And because I was now overdrawn, an insufficient funds fee in the amount of $34 was assessed to my account....for an error that I didn't make.

I called the customer service line and was transferred to the claims department. The girl I spoke with explained that she would place a research credit for $821 on my account and that the claims department would then research the issue. Once they verified the error, she explained that the $34 insufficient funds fee would be reversed. She explained that I should see resolution within two business days, so I figured that I would see the funds returned by Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week. Later in the afternoon I called back and spoke with a gentleman in the customer service department to confirm everything and to make sure the initial research credit was applied to my account.

Wednesday, April 10th arrived and the insufficient funds fee had not been returned to my account. My work schedule is very tight and it's hard for me to get time to make a phone call and spend the necessary time to work on such an issue. So, I used their secure message center with all the details and asked for an update on the issue. I received a generic email back, saying that customer service doesn't handle claims and that I would need to call the claims department.

I sent a terse reply back, requesting that my inquiry be forwarded to a manager, because I shouldn't have to pull my time away from work to follow up and make sure they correct their error. I received another generic email back, explaining that they cannot open a claim through email and the fastest way to get resolution is to call.

By this point, it is Friday, April 12th and the insufficient funds fee has not been returned. I informed the customer service department that once I get them to correct their error, I will be closing my account. I am just a lower middle class individual and a mistake like this is grievous for me. Had Chase taken care of the issue just as they said, or customer service been a little more helpful, I could have forgave and forgotten. But they really come across as if they don't care and that I now have to prove that the error was not mine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: April 11, 2019

Back in January I purchased an expensive computer part with my Chase credit card. The part was fraudulent and a dud. I contacted the merchant and was made to jump through hoops and run in circles before being told pretty much "screw you". I then disputed the transaction with Chase. After jumping through more hoops and giving more information Chase declared the transaction valid because I did not attempt a return. I DID attempt a return and have sent multiple messages to the merchant and was again given the runaround. After also giving this information to Chase, dispute was reopened and again declared valid for no reason.

I have made a complaint with the attorney general and consumer protections about their predatory practices. I have done my banking and used Chase credit cards for years, but no more. Why would ANYONE do business with a company that goes out of its way to screw over its customers. Stay away and if you have a credit card that gets stolen, they'll probably just try and stick you with any fraudulent charges because they just want to scam as much money from you as possible.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I've been a Chase customer since 2012 and have done essentially all my personal banking through Chase Bank. In general, I don't run into many issues, however I am extremely disappointed in how they have handled my recent card issue. In October of 2018, I experienced a fraudulent transaction for several hundred dollars on one of my Chase credit cards. The transaction was made by an anonymous PayPal account, in which my stolen credit card information was used, and the purchased goods were sent to my billing address.

I immediately contacted Chase to report the transaction for investigation, and then sent the items back to the merchant. Unfortunately, the merchant refunded the anonymous PayPal account, and according to PayPal customer support, PayPal cannot provide me a refund once the issuing bank has begun an investigation. To avoid late fees, I had paid the amount of the transaction.

I have since been going back and forth with Chase, usually being sent in circles between Card Services, Fraud Operations, and Security Services. Each time I call I am asked to provide the exact same information (background, amount of transaction, item shipping numbers, etc.), and each time I am told to I will receive an update in 15 business days. I RARELY receive an update by that time, and end up calling them again, only to repeat the process. At this point I am at my wits' end with little hope of recouping my money. Even a statement from Chase saying that they are unable to refund me would be welcome, but instead I am continuously strung along. Very disappointed in how Chase has handled this situation.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I'm not even a Chase Bank consumer (and I never will be) but my ex that owes me 2K went to send it to me from Chase QuickPay Zelle and it's still in the pending status. I've used Zelle for awhile now... So I don't know what is going on with the transfer. But I have a seriously ill animal that I needed the money for an exotic vet because he's a guinea pig and I don't have the money now thanks to Chase's delay with the Zelle app... It's supposed to be instant. If my guinea pig dies I will be filing a complaint with the BBB against Chase and they can pay for the medical bills and euthanization of my pet... You guys are an asinine bank...

Original review: April 9, 2019

A Cincinnati branch of Chase bank accepted a check that was fraudulent upon its face and forged with my name against my Oregon account for $1380 with No indication of ID for payee. No remedy provided.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I transferred $20,534.49 from a trust account in Chase to another dollar account in Canada. The instruction was it will be a dollar to dollar transfer. When the recipient received the money, it's only $19,482.94, a 1,051.55 difference. The recipient banks confirmed that when Chase initiated the transfer, it goes first to an intermediary bank, in this case CIBC, who will covert the $ into CAD and then remit to the final bank, who will then convert the CAD to US $ to be deposited to the dollar account. Since this is a $ to $ transfer, I don't understand the conversion. When I called the number provided by the local Chase bank to file a complaint, the person on the line told me that Chase cannot do anything about it and they cannot send me back the Forex difference. She said that they can only waive all these charges if I have $250K in the bank.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I called to get the expiration date on my card. They will not give ANY information on the card. This is MY card and MY information. They said they will now have to cancel the card and send me a new one because I did not have it with me. I told them NOT to cancel the card. They are so worried about fraud that they have lost touch with providing information to their customers. Now I feel like canceling my card and never using Chase Bank again. I feel if I give permission to get information on MY OWN card they should be able to give out the information. If they do cancel my current card and send me a new one, I will never use their services again.

Original review: April 7, 2019

My husband and I moved to Florida from NY and we registered our change of address. Weeks later, I am still having trouble with my cards being accepted. The young guy on the Chase phone line told me he was handling it yet I am still having problems. When I called Chase back, even their phone service would not recognize my ZIP code, despite the fact that I got an email informing me of the change. This is beyond frustrating. There has to be something better out there and I am now seeking it. Too bad, I used to like Chase.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Have a past due amount with my former Chase checking account of 124.00 (this is a settlement of the original balance of 247.89). Previously spoke to a representative on March 17 to rearrange this agreement and pay this amount inside a Chase branch on April 17. I was mailed a confirmation letter and they recorded the conversation between myself and the representative. On April 3, 2019, I logged into my current Fifth Third checking account to find that this amount was mistakenly taken out of my account through electronic check (this electronic check was dated for March 30, 2019). This has currently caused my Fifth Third checking account to go into a negative balance of -148.64 (including a 37.00 NSF fee from my current banking institution).

I also never gave them any of my current Fifth Third checking account information at any time and had always planned to resolve this past due matter by paying at a local Chase branch. Contacted Chase customer support and spoke to a supervisor who stated that the representative I previously spoke to did not change the date that I would be paying this past due balance off, and that he would investigate the matter and call me back after a couple of hours. After waiting almost 4 hours with no response, I called them back and was informed that they will expedite a cashier check for the 124.00 and I will receive it in a few days. I told another supervisor that I desperately need the money put back into my account today and that I have several transactions coming out in the next several days that will cause my checking account to further go into a negative balance and that I will receive many more 37.00 non-sufficient fund fees as a result.

I asked if I may go to a local branch in order to pick up a check so that I can deposit the money back into my Fifth Third checking account and will have a positive balance again. The supervisor told me that they are unable to “systematically” arrange to have me pick up a check at a local branch. In the past, I have had several Chase Bank checking accounts and when I had closed each account while in good standing, I have been informed that I could pick up a check of my final balance at a local Chase branch.

Because of this situation that has been admitted by Chase customer support as being completely their fault (and because I have to now wait several days to get a cashier check for their mistake that caused my Fifth Third checking account to become negative in the first place), I am now beginning to accrue several NSF fees of 37.00 each day, and cannot pay any of my normal bills that I originally had the funds for, or other necessities such as food, gas or car maintenance all of which I desperately need. My normal pay for being a Delivery Driver as well as a Warehouse Worker will be coming out of this account and will only be used to pay for some of this negative balance (I will not have any money left for anything else).

Regardless of it being their fault, they have not been willing to help me out in a timely manner and will not be paying the many NSF fees that I am getting due to their mistake. Again, when I have spoken to several representatives in the past, I informed them that I will be paying for this past due balance inside a Chase Bank branch. At no time have I EVER given them my current account information and authorized them to take money out of my current checking account.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I operate a cash business that must make daily deposits hopefully via their ATM. Problems, problems and more problems. Over 50% of my deposits over the last few months at Chase bank have been rejected by the ATM at Chase Banks. For the first eight rejected deposits the ATM took the money and counted it only to then reject it and wasting all that time when it could have simply said deposit rejected to begin with. The next 19 times that problem has been fixed so it doesn't take long before it cancels your deposit attempt. Wow, that's progress. So now I fire this bank and look for another. Don't waste your time with this bank.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I purchased an item one time from a merchant for $2 and they kept running my card for $25. I contacted Chase bank and to my surprise they were very unhelpful and told me that they will not do the dispute that I requested and so I contacted the company as Chase suggested. The company told me they were refunding me and then I let them talk me into a lesser service for 4.99 a month.

Later, instead of seeing a refund for $25 there was a charge for $25 and another one for $5. I called Chase Bank back and which they told me they are not going to do a dispute and they don't have to do a dispute. I brought to their attention that at this particular Bank that my husband and I put in about five grand a month and I opened up a separate account that I only put around 2000 a month in and they talked to me like I was nothing. When I asked them how long my husband and I have had an account they said, "Your husband has had an account but not you" even though I married him after the account was opened and we have been married for almost 4 years.

And they also said they're not going to tell me because it's irrelevant when the point I was trying to make is that we have been customers for a long time because I consider my husband and I as one. If they are mistreating me then they are also mistreating him and he's been in business with Chase for 20 years and most of his money is permanent due to a settlement for life.

I'm about to earn a hundred thousand more a year because I'm about to start working in Healthcare Management and Administration and because of how they talked to me I would never put another dime in that bank and I am going to close the account as soon as possible because I don't need that kind of stress and I don't need a bank that's going to let a company mess up my account and I don't like that they talked about my family by trying to point out that it's my husband's account and that I was just added to it four years ago so it's irrelevant. That's too much lip for me.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I opened my account one week ago. I made two deposits: one on Friday and the other one on Sunday and I was waiting for it to clear. When I checked it online, it said that my balance was negative and I could not see my second deposit anymore. I called the bank FOUR times, was yelled at while they were giving me different causes for my problem.

During the morning, I was told that they thought that the first deposit was a bad check. I called the person that gave me the check, explained the problem, she agreed to talk to them. The bank said that they called her, but they did not. When I called the bank for the third time, I was told that the second check was the problem. When I told them that my husband gave me the that the check, they could not help me anymore, sent me to the branch and closed my account! Not my fault, the checks were fine, and they did not do anything. Three years with Wells Fargo and never had ANY problems. One week with Chase and that was the result...

Original review: April 2, 2019

I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with my bank. I called my bank in regards to my card expiring soon, since my new card had not been sent out yet (they should be sent 2 weeks before card expires). I was told that they were supposed to call me for an address confirmation, which had not been done. SO I can only assume they were simply planning on not sending me a new card. After a long conversation, I was able to confirm my address, being told my new card would arrive in 3-5 business days BUT they GUARANTEED me my current card would be extended so I would not be card-less. After working a full day then going to the gym, I am exhausted and try to knock out my shopping to get home since I was just paid.

Come to find out, my card is DEACTIVATED and after having to be pulled to the side I was on hold for almost 30 minutes just to speak to someone. I was informed that there is in fact no way to extend a card by Theresa a Supervisor, however I am so confused as to why Diane, the previous person I spoke with, would guarantee me a working card. After almost an hour of waiting awkwardly at my store I always go to, I had to leave empty handed and informed I am basically S.O.L. and will not have a working card until potentially Friday. I need to pay my bills and buy food! I am VERY UPSET and may even switch banks after this experience. This is the SECOND TIME my new card was not sent on time. Chase you need to figure this out and make sure people have access to their hard earned money and can pay their bills!!! I am going to be hit with late fees! VERY UPSET.

Original review: April 1, 2019

My car was totaled and my insurance company paid Chase what my car was worth. I had a balance left over for 776.00 dollars. I paid the amount left including late fees on February 22nd through my checking account. The funds were returned because I didn’t give the full checking account number. I contacted Chase about this matter and was told to wait because it’s saying paid on their end and I should receive a letter saying it was returned. So I waited. March 6th I received a letter from Chase stating they reopened my account and it will be closed once paid in full.

I went to their branch and paid 798 dollars on March 13th. They reported a charge off to my credit in the amount of 776 dollars. I went to the branch and a representative called them (spoke to Amy a supervisor) and they said I owed $1.05. She was stunned as well. Long story short. They claim they have no record of me calling about the bank issue (how strange). They didn’t care that no one spoke to me or sent me anything about a charge off for 4 quarters and a nickel. And they didn’t care about the letter they sent on March 6th asking me to resubmit, which I did. Now my credit is ruined for $1.05. I thought the world of Chase but I was sadly mistaken.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I opened a checking account with Chase a week ago. I added $25 (the minimum to open an account). I received my card in the mail today, I called to activate the card and the automated system told me the card had already been activated. I found that strange since the sticker attached to the card said it would not be activated until I called or visited an ATM so I tried logging onto my account to find an error "account is suspended." I called the bank to be told they closed the account and that they had the right to close the account at any time for any or no reason at all and that they mailed the $25 to my home. This is the worst experience I've ever had with a bank. They are shady and have terrible business practices. Do not bank with this company.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I opened a Chase Bank account about a week ago. I went to log in on Chase mobile today and the app said that my access had been suspended. So I call and speak with Chase customer service. They proceed to tell me that my account had been closed less than a week after opening it and that they would refund my balance on the account by form of a check through the mail. Let's see how long this takes.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I have been dealing with Chase over Oct 2018 about a refund check for an amount over 500.00. Chase closed my account and now they are giving me the runaround about my refund, I have call numerous of times. I have give them the time frame that they ask me to wait and when I call back there is no. It’s in my account, hold time is awful today. I called. I was transfer 4 times and while on hold call drops on their end. I need a manager to contact me ASAP. I MIGHT NEED TO ASK FOR HELP TO THE Better Business Bureau. I will go to all my social medias and share my situation and my case and expose Chase bank customer service.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Had an issue with a rep by the name of Kim ** from Chase customer service. She completely disregarded my issue and talked over me just to hang up the phone after being on the phone with multiple reps for over 20 min.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Every time we create a new recipient for Zelle or wire transfer, we get a fraud alert and blocked. In order to regain access or send money, it is mandatory to waste our precious time (30 mins minimum) talking with a representative on the phone providing bunch of info and going through verification process. When we are out of country, we get blocked again as soon as we use our credit cards. For this reason, we must ALWAYS make sure to put a travel notification before we leave. CHASE FRAUD DEPARTMENT IS MAKING MY LIFE MISERABLE, TOO OFTEN. Not a single case has been a fraud. You need to loosen up your policy seriously. It's unnecessarily overly restrictive causing inconvenience to your business clients.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I'm a Personal Banker, so for a fact I know when a service isn't met or the vendor or place of the service provides false information and/or decide not to share with the consumer some information that can cause the customer to lose their funds with no service met, you are able to dispute the debit transaction with a legitimate reason. I called Chase Dispute/Fraud department to dispute a transaction for an apartment application that I had done, I explained to them that these apartments were charging me a 500 dollar fee for a misdemeanor that I have on my background check. I told the dispute department that when I was applying for this apartments, the representative was rushing me to do the application stating that he wouldn't be able to hold the apartment for me if I didn't pay the amount due. When I called the apartments that gave me an ultimatum, stating that if I don't pay the 500 dollar fee I would not be able to live there.

When I spoke to the Chase representative and let them know my situation in regards to me being miss informed, not being told about the 500 dollar fee or given a noticed towards it and on top of that being rushed to do the application, Chase stated that my reason wasn't valid due to Regulation E where I had given my debit card and that they wouldn't process a dispute claim because it wasn't a valid reason.

Never in my experience as a personal banker have I heard of a bank neglecting their customers to recover their funds after they had be falsely informed or lied to about services. This is not a fraud claim, it's a DISPUTE claim. Which you are under all your right allowed to do, if service isn't met. I am very dissatisfied from this service and the way the agent assisting me handled the situation. The apartments won't return my funds and to top It of Chase won't help me retrieve my funds which makes me believe all the reviews the Chase has. Chase only cares about keeping your money and/or not helping you find a solution to your problems. OVERALL, horrible bank, wouldn't recommend this bank at all.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I had an explosion in the upper unit where I was living at the time. The pressure relief valve on the new radiator 'stuck'. While I was gone at the Casino the super hot day - I turned off the water as I had a slow leak under my kitchen sink. I came back. It was too cold for shorts and when I entered my house there was black stuff sprayed all along the ceiling down the hallway - and found the radiator exploded from the pressure. I was lucky I turned off the water before I left as the repair guy said I would of come home to a waterfall and complete loss instead of an explosion.

Badger Mutual Insurance wouldn't pay a dime and when I switched to a different company while I fight them - Badger Mutual changed my Explosion claim to "WATER DAMAGE" just so the new company would drop me (there was no water damage) then after I Freeze Damage after that. I wrote a million times to HelpWithMyBank, Texas Banking, CFNA, OCC and all I got was a runaround. I filed a complaint with the INDEPENDENT MORTGAGE REVIEW after CHASE finally stole my house. I recently had it listed for sale for $174,999 "as is" while I lived there - months before the attorney for CHASE - GRAY, END and Associates made bogus complaints to the city and arrived with city people to warrant my house just to take it. Saying it was condemned.

I was living in the lower which did have heat and was fine. The attorney sent someone in to lock me out of my attic, throw garbage from the yard, empty my laundry all over, turn off my refrigerator with food in it, and then cut the water line to the building at the meter in the basement so I would be forced to leave after they stole my new VCR (they forgot the remote) - pain pills I had that I only took one out of the RX and jewelry I had on the bathroom sink. Independent mortgage review went all through my papers and sided with me that the foreclosure was ILLEGAL and had CHASE reimburse me for losses and also a class settlement - the first class settlement I turned in was "loss" - so I actually had to fill out another.

Chase sent me some IRS still (they wanted me to pay taxes on the release of my foreclosure). (That is what my CPA told me anyway.) I called CHASE a few times regarding my compensation. But, they said they had until Dec 2016 (in 2014, and 2015). They did finally send me a "settlement" check 12/16/2016 claim #** check number #** for $8.93 - that's right. It's not a typo! As you know at the time the property was listed for $174,999 as you can see in the MLS ** around the same time they stole my house. I've written the senators and all the HelpWithMyBank government stuff - I think they are just there to help the banks and not the people because I got runaround letters from one to another in 2010 and nothing was done.

Recently, I attempted to contact Senator Tammy Baldwin to get the 411 from how to contact the Independent mortgage review - so I can show them the papers siding with me and the order. But, nobody knows how to contact them - and they just side with CHASE. I also have an issue with COMERICA BANK since 2009 of Minneapolis, MN as well. I took COMERICA to CALIFORNIA COURT - Where they swore as soon as they got my W9 and whatever they had no reason to withhold payments from me. That was a lie because BRENDA ** did withhold payment of my CHASE mortgage. She said she would pay AND my attorney in California for the balance of his fee. So I not only lose my attorney payment but my CHASE House as well.

COMERICA is still withholding payment they promised as an OPTION Now - as the CHASE thing is still going on. I think they are stealing everything I had so I couldn't contest the will/trust my brother KEITH ** made just before he took my father to CA from WISCONSIN to die - so I'd have to contest everything there. My mother made a codicil leaving me all her jewelry and a list of items I wanted on page two. My brother stole everything! Nobody will help me with this injustice - I don't know how to open a GOFUNDME ACCOUNT to help with lawyers for 3 different states.

ME2 movement maybe would help. Oh yeah my brother did that to me when I was a child as well until I was 11 years old. But, nobody can touch my brother with all his evil attorneys and evil ways for GREED. I got nothing from my parents' estate except for my mom's wedding ring - and believe me they were doing everything to get that too. I've been beat up, assaulted, all my cars stolen, smashed, and they attempted to steal every one of my properties so I couldn't get money to contest the new trust they made for themselves. It's a crime nobody in government will help - if they aren't the solution.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Through a series of unauthorized charges to my debit card, I was subsequently charged closing to $560 in overdraft fees. After 19 hours total on the phone, meeting with a bank manager, and speaking to 8 separate managers on the phone, even compiling my own spreadsheet so it was crystal clear, Chase is STILL not refunding them all. I explained that I am a veteran that is in process of getting my disability and I cannot have them continue this madness. I have been promised time and again it would be taken care of. Only four charges have been credited thus far. Corporate Chase would rather spend thousands in salaries for the agents/managers I have spent talking to, rather than just credit the remaining fees which were of NO fault of my own and claims were filed. I have no words.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have had a Chase business account for 15 plus years. I only use it for one thing and that is automatically put on that card. I noticed that there was activity on my online profile so I notified Chase. They closed my account and said they would transfer everything over to my new account. A month went by and I never received any statements and no one had called. I tried to access my account online but couldn't because they closed the account. When I called to get access to the account so I could pay my bill they said I needed the 4 digit code. I didnt have that. They told me there was nothing they could do then. I'm like seriously. They called a month later and asked if I could pay the minimum balance, I said yes and could they help me gain access to my account so that I could begin making payments. She said sure, I waited on hold for 15 minutes then was hung up on.

Another month goes by and still no statement from them. Meanwhile I continually call and try to get someone who can help me but that doesnt happen. In Feb I try to apply for a loan to remodel my house which I had been planning for for over a year. My credit score was 834 so I knew I would get it. Then I get denied because my credit score dropped to 677 because apparently it was late for more than 2 months. I call and talk to a supervisor. He understands what I'm saying and agrees with me. They reverse all the late fees and I pay the balance off. I asked if they could remove this from my personal credit since it was a business account? They said there was nothing they could do. I've literally had exceptional credit my entire life. Have never paid anything late ever. And now because of this incident my loan was denied.

Original review: March 21, 2019

After spending two separate days and a total of 4 hours I am still unable to access my account. I talked to 4 separate depts and 5 separate people. To this date I am still not able to access my account. As they will not send email, I have to wait for a statement in the mail. I asked where the FIRST statement went and "she" didn't know. As my last activity had me pay $3,416 AUTOMATICALLY from my Wells Fargo account. I am very suspicious but have NO to way to check! Every department was in a foreign country and the audio was so bad I could not hear her talking on this last transmission. I took out the card through Amazon, but I will no longer be using it! What a crummy bank!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I have to censor this to fall within the guidelines of Consumer Affairs, because who cares about free speech anymore anyway. I did not think there was a contender to beat Wells Fargo as the worst bank out there, but I made the horrible mistake of opening a business account with Chase. They have now restricted my account for an as yet unknown reason because my calls to their "department" for this issue (which cannot be handled by their regular customer service front line offshore incompetents) keep being dropped, or more likely, simply disconnected by the ** who gets the transfer, again offshore somewhere. This has happened several times already and I have only had the account since December. Please, save yourself the time and trouble, and the unbearable hassle of dealing with with a corporation that just does not care.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I am a Chase Private Client with quite a bit in their bank. As such, I am supposed to get free wire transfers. When I tried to set up a wire transfer whether via the web or using the App, I kept getting the error "Something is wrong with the site". I tried for several weeks. The secure message support is a joke. Each time, at least 4 times. I reported it. All I got back is, "There is nothing wrong." Finally called the Private Client number. It took 3 tries to get proper help. After walking me through it, the lady says, "Oh, you cannot enter special characters." Three weeks of frustration because I had a dash (-) in a phone number! Nowhere on the site does it state no dashes or other characters allowed.

When I finally got that resolved and wanted to transfer $5000 to Thailand I received a quote which equated to about 30.8 Baht/dollar. I checked third party transfer companies like OFX and TransferWise and saw rates of 31.6 Baht/dollar. The true conversion rate on that date was 31.7. As such, looking at the difference it would cost me about $122 for my "FREE" wire transfer via Chase because of the conversion rate. I suppose my option now is to transfer dollars from Chase to a third party transfer company and then to Thailand. Since I will be transferring much more than $6000 the saving will be significant! Of course I cannot get an answer from Chase as to why their conversion rates are so out of touch with others.

Chase expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Chase Bank’s reach spans almost half of America’s households.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for their products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking including mobile, online, e-pay, account alerts and more.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers, business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest earning accounts.

• Best for: Chase Bank offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg