Chase Bank

Chase Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5
Based on 1,112 ratings submitted in the last year

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Chase Gallery (6)

Top Chase Bank Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

I have no complaints about this bank's service (aside from my home town refusing to allow them to do business here) except when it comes to asking questions to customer service regarding mobile deposits...

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 number, Nattalie showed me true customer service at my local branch…

Chase credit cards

Chase credit cards come with a variety of bonus offers, rewards, perks and benefits. Chase cardholders get 24/7 account access through the Chase Mobile app, free credit scores through Credit Journey and access to Chase’s Ultimate Rewards programs.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
    • Travel
    • 50,000 points*
    • $450 annual fee
    Learn more
    chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
    Best flat-rate rewards
    Chase Freedom Unlimited
    • Cash back
    • $150 bonus*
    chase freedomRecommended Credit:
    Good
    Best cash back rewards
    Chase Freedom
    Best flat-rate business card
    Chase Ink Business Unlimited
    • $500 bonus*

*See terms and conditions

Compare Chase credit card offers against alternatives by category:

About Chase Bank services

In addition to credit cards, Chase offers a variety of financial services, including checking and savings accounts, business banking, credit cards and mortgages

• Checking accounts: Chase offers three types of checking accounts: Chase Total Checking, Chase Premier Plus Checking and Chase Sapphire Checking. All checking accounts come with Chase Online Banking and online bill pay. Monthly fees range from $0 to $25.
    • Savings accounts: Chase Savings and Chase Premier Savings accounts both earn interest. Monthly services fees range from $0 to $25.
    • Business banking: Chase Bank offers business checking, merchant services, small business credit cards and business lending.
    • Mortgages: Homebuyers can obtain ARM, FHA and VA mortgage loans through Chase Bank. The company also offers refinancing and home equity line of credit options.
    • Planning and investments: A Chase advisor can help develop a financial strategy for your future.
    • Car loans: Clients can get an auto loan for a new or used car through Chase Auto Preferred.

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: March 3, 2021

I have banked with Chase for almost 20 yrs now. During that time, I have also held accounts with other institutions, and whether I left Chase during that time or not, I have ALWAYS come back. I have NEVER found another bank that has worked with me and adapted to my needs for certain services, products, or assistance! When I'm in a financial bind, a cross-country trek, discharging from the military, experiencing medical or family emergencies, or attempting to bank from awkward locations and relinquishing Power of Attorney to another...They're always available to me 24/7 to help. Their customer service is impeccable, and I'm extremely impressed by the knowledge that every one of their representatives possess. Thank You Chase Bank for ALL your support! I will recommend you to everyone I know.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I want Chase to know the amount of value that Lindsay ** provides for the company in Las Vegas. Yesterday I went in with an idea to open a local bank account after relocating from out of state. I was immediately seated with Lindsay as there was an open time slot and she went through the process with me. I have been in a lot of financial institutions in the past and never have I been treated so well by a banker before.

Lindsay was very thorough with everything. As a former employee working in corporate compliance, her level of service in regards to the compliance side of banking was top tier! She was extremely thorough in me understanding the account itself along with anything that could happen as a result of options I chose for myself. This experience was a huge treat to work with her! Words cannot express my gratitude for her service to the people in that branch. She is definitely without a doubt the highest level in consumer interaction I have ever found in ANY industry. Everyone I know that is not currently a Chase customer needs to be one. Chase in my opinion blows the other major players in banking out of the water. Thank you so much Lindsay and Chase Bank for creating what will be a long term financial relationship!

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2020

For the past 30 years we were with a large Canadian owned US bank chain which exemplified poor service in every respect. They required our physical presence in the bank to send bank wire funds from one bank to another, in general our services from small town banks decades ago far surpassed this chain. Two months ago we opened five family accounts at Chase and once or twice a week I am able to, on-line, wire funds internationally with minimal effort and no charges whatsoever. I have probably spoken with no less than 10 Chase bankers in the past two months and all are exceptional with knowledge, kindness and efficiency. I truly am still amazed that a bank as fine as Chase exists in today's world.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I would like people to know how easy this bank has made it to get through this difficult time. I was able to suspend my payments online with no difficulty. They have allowed me to suspend payment through Sept. with no penalty. It has been so helpful to not have to worry about this with everything else going on right now. I have to say I was not expecting the ease with which this was done. I neglected to turn off auto pay and they even returned the money to my acct. I am thankful for the handling of all of this. More than fair.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I have been a Chase customer for over 5 years as well as a customer for other banks throughout the years. From my experience with many different banks, Chase is by far the best. From the friendly and helpful customer service, to the no-fee accounts, to the ease of access on their app... Everything about Chase is so wonderful. They want their people to be happy and feel secure-you can tell by the way they go above and beyond to make sure their customers are satisfied. Friendly, fast, efficient, secure & understanding - those are the words I would use to describe Chase banks employees and Chase Bank as a whole. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I had a Chase Bank checking account and it received legitimate USA originating UI (unemployment insurance) benefits for only a few weeks (during spring 2020) only to be abruptly "blocked"/"closed"/"restricted" by Chase Bank and all account funds withheld. All this done without any explanation, despite my multiple communication attempts that also resulted in them refusing to confirm to me as to by when they will release/return back to me my account funds. I not only communicated with them trying to seek those account funds back from them, but also I communicated back and forth with about close to 2-4 dozen different USA based entities of all kinds (e.g. US and State Government based entities, news media companies, Better Business Bureau, etc.).

Roughly about a little more than 5 months AFTER the blocking, they finally couriered over the final check to me. Again this time as well, no explanation as to why that much delay, what finally made them release the money, etc, DESPITE all my communication attempts with them on such matters. HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: During my struggle with these issues and my online search attempts, I could NOT find ANY online resource that even remotely made an attempt to present a comprehensive list of EXACTLY what kinds of FREE recourse options such a customer can utilize. Lots of websites with lots of people complaining about similar issues. BUT no discussion about issue RESOLUTION techniques. Hence I have to put together the following blog to address just that: **.

IN SUMMARY, THE MOST IMPORTANT RESOLUTION SUGGESTIONS ARE:(Note: please visit the blog for more details.)

1. Apply with US consumer reporting agencies to get a free annual copy of your US deposit account history.

2. Via their website (**), to the US Treasury Department OFAC office (Office of Foreign Assets Control), submit an application for a license authorization to "Release Blocked Funds".

3. Submit a tip to the US FBI (via their website) letting them know that you believe that the bank is simply just defrauding you out of your money by wrongfully and unjustifiably blocking/withholding your account funds.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I just want to give some credit to my hometown Chase Bank in DeRidder La. My wife and I have banked here for 25 years, and would never consider placing our money anywhere else. The staff is always friendly, helpful, and dependable. We especially want to give our appreciation to Misty **. Misty has always been with us and has helped us more times than I can count. (You guys really should make Misty the branch manager if she isn’t already). We have had occasion to visit other Chase Banks in our travels, but none can compare to the Chase Bank of DeRidder La.

Original review: March 1, 2021

I am a victim of an online dating scam and an unauthorized payment scam. Since December 31, 2020, my Chase account has been frozen due to the detection of funds deposited in my account that was supposed to be directed to someone else. Due to the scam, my account was used for unauthorized transactions on the following dates, which Chase failed to notify me of this suspicious activity for 5-6 months.

Without sending any notification email or phone call, Chase froze my account and funds which caused significant stress and suffering for me to get by. I called and spoke to many different people at Chase, each of them giving me a different story about what actions Chase will take to assist me, to include sending me a check with my money so that I could open a new account and get by. After speaking to many representatives that my account had been “frozen” on December 31, 2020, Chase continued to accept the funds which are the only source of income that I have.

I did not authorize any transactions on or after this date, and I did not authorize anyone else to use my account in any way. I was left completely unaware of these deposits because I was told that Chase would supposedly not accept it pursuant to the Electronic Fund Transfer Act, and FDIC implementing Regulation E, 15 U.S.C. § 1693 et seq., 12 C.F.R. § 205, of the unauthorized transactions on my account. See 12 C.F.R. §§ 205.6, 205.11. I am requesting that Chase investigate these unauthorized transactions involving my account to include Chase accepting my money while my account was “frozen” and return these funds to me that was not supposed to be accepted by Chase. Even after many trying phone calls to Chase and all the immense strain this has put on my ability to get by, I have not received any help or assistance from Chase. Not a single phone call, email, or letter was received by me that showed that Chase would help or care.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Opened Account. Deposited check for 50k+ about 20 days later. Account locked. Online Access locked. Told they want to close my account. No reason. No clarity. Result: Me missing 50k+ until they deem it fit to send via cashier's check. I'm luckier than most that this isn't the only bank I have an account or money at. Missing 50k+ for any reason apart from fraud (which isn't the case) during a pandemic is no joke. Chase is a bad agent.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

On 2/11 I had my credit cards stolen. I immediately called customer service in tears because I was on vacation and needed my card. The agent told me they would ship my card immediately and I thought I would have it by now. I called again today and spoke to a woman named Suri and she wouldn't even spell it for me. I explained that I needed my card and she showed it was shipped on the 13th. I asked why so late when I called on the 11th and they said it would ship and asked why it wasn't expedited. She said it takes 5-7 business days for a new card. I've been unable to get groceries or do anything without my card. She was not very helpful and didn't even offer to reship or give me an alternative. All she said was wait until Monday and if I don't get it by then to call them back :(

Chase Bank pros and cons

Chase Bank offers many financial services. It’s easy to open an account, and many new customers qualify for sign-up bonuses and rewards. There are a few things to consider before deciding if Chase Bank is right for you, however.

Pros

• Thousands of branch and ATM locations
      • Bonuses for new customers
      • Online banking through Chase Mobile app
      • 24/7 customer service
      • FDIC insured

Cons

• Monthly service fees on some accounts
      • $2.50 charge to withdraw funds from non-Chase ATMs
      • Variable interest rates
      • Does not have physical locations in every state

Chase author review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Almost half of America’s households use Chase Bank’s services.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for its products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking, including mobile and online banking, e-pay and account alerts.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers and business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest-earning accounts.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor