Chase Bank

Chase Bank

3.8/5 (1464 ratings)

About Chase Bank

Chase (NMLS #399798), the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co., offers loans for home purchases and refinancing in addition to its other financial services. The company provides home loans in every state and Washington, D.C., and its services are available online, through its mobile app, by phone and in person at more than 4,700 branches.

Top Chase Bank Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Verified

I have no complaints about this bank's service (aside from my home town refusing to allow them to do business here) except when it comes to asking questions to customer service re...

Verified

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 num...

Chase credit cards

Chase credit cards come with a variety of bonus offers, rewards, perks and benefits. Chase cardholders get 24/7 account access through the Chase Mobile app, free credit scores through Credit Journey and access to Chase’s Ultimate Rewards programs.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Chase Sapphire Reserve
  • Travel
  • 50,000 points*
  • $450 annual fee
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Freedom Unlimited
  • Cash back
  • $150 bonus*
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • $500 bonus*

*See terms and conditions

About Chase Bank services

In addition to credit cards, Chase offers a variety of financial services, including checking and savings accounts, business banking, credit cards and mortgages

• Checking accounts: Chase offers three types of checking accounts: Chase Total Checking, Chase Premier Plus Checking and Chase Sapphire Checking. All checking accounts come with Chase Online Banking and online bill pay. Monthly fees range from $0 to $25.
  • Savings accounts: Chase Savings and Chase Premier Savings accounts both earn interest. Monthly services fees range from $0 to $25.
  • Business banking: Chase Bank offers business checking, merchant services, small business credit cards and business lending.
  • Mortgages: Homebuyers can obtain ARM, FHA and VA mortgage loans through Chase Bank. The company also offers refinancing and home equity line of credit options.
  • Planning and investments: A Chase advisor can help develop a financial strategy for your future.
  • Car loans: Clients can get an auto loan for a new or used car through Chase Auto Preferred.

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I’m amazed at the interest rate at which Chase Bank provided me my car loan. Although I’ve been a member we for a long time, I have suffered from poor credit until Credit Boos Helpers did an excellent cleanup on my credit. Score jumped 180+ points into 792!

Original review: April 15, 2022

During these last 15 years, how long we use Chase Bank services, I have not met so helpful, scrupulous and patient a branch manager, who works out greatly her job, for the most heterogenous claims of us, customers. Ms. ** merited the highest praises.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

During this time of the pandemic, I have suffered twice with covid. I'm 65 years old, alone on a tight budget SSI. I have gone into the negative several times just to pay for food and medication. If it weren't for Chase to dismiss my $34 NSF fee I'd be on the street! With Chase since it was Washington Mutual for years. Chase Bank is one of the best banks in this entire world, and due to the United States Marine corps I have traveled three times overseas. Thank You Chase Bank❣️for not looking at me as just an account number. But as member/Chase family and taking care of me, truly I love Chase Bank!

Sincerely Marianne

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

BANKING SUPPORT - I Spoke To Ava ** and she was AMAZING!! I've been a Chase customer for 15+ years and on December 19, 2019 I had a seizure and was diagnosed with a very rare brain disease called Autoimmune Encephalitis. it affects your short term memory so almost every day is a "new day"! so basically I need help. I'm so grateful for how kind, considerate and helpful she was to me! Please recognize her for being so kind and helpful in resolving my questions. THANK YOU.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Chase is a joke. I have dealt with them on auto loans, a credit card and a checking account. In every aspect, they have failed TERRIBLY on customer service and had at least one major shortcoming and mistake in each of these areas. Trying to work issues out with them (that they have caused!!) is an absolute nightmare. I have had to use their branches a handful of times and experienced idiotic tellers (seriously, I told this guy I wanted to reregister my vehicle and he told his boss I wanted to pay off my loan...lol), I have received the answer "uhhh...I don't know" multiple times and it goes on and on. I will be closing all of my accounts and credit card with them. You will not be able to solve any problem that arises with them, and there will be problems....many! Do whatever you can to stay far, far away.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Deposited $30k in checking, wanted to purchase a CD. Sadly, there is a 14 day hold on checks at Chase. Why? It's easy to look me up. I used to work at Chase. I have a Chase credit card (for 15 years). I'm a huge Chase fan and wanted to set up a checking account, purchase a CD and start doing more business with Chase. Instead, I got sent to India to find out why my 14 day hold on a liquid funds check is still on hold. After 15+ minutes of waiting I decided I'd write a review about what it's like to be a small time client of a NY Bank. Thanks. I'll come back and let you know how this ends. But it's a little crazy. They took the money out of my account 12 days ago - but it's a risk? I don't get it. Thanks India.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Do not use Chase Bank, their customer service is horrible and they lie about their services. I obtained a physical check from my employer, (have been getting direct deposit for 8.5 years, this just happened to be a bonus). I checked the terms from the app for taking a picture of your check to deposit and it said that it would be deposited usually within 1 day of request. I thought, "Nice I don't have to drive 30 minutes to my bank", the next day there was an 11 day hold put on my money.

I called the holds department which is outsourced to another country, can't understand them, have to have them keep repeating themselves. They inform me that there is nothing they can do to get the hold released and that I am basically out of luck until they decide to release the hold. I have been banking with chase for over 10 years. Once my money gets in I will be cancelling my chase banking, savings, and both credit cards I have with them and telling everyone else I know to do the same. I have never been treated so poorly by any financial institution in my entire life.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I would give NO stars if that was an option. And this does not pertain to the teller who was working but rather Chase Senior Leadership. Because it all starts at the top. We deposited a check that alerted fraud dept due to the check being out of sequence. Once the check was deemed not fraudulent they refused to unlock our acct despite needing $ to book a flight to go see my mother who has stage 4 uterine cancer. Chase customer service reps are inhuman robots as is their management. They showed no logic, no empathy no compassion. Karma!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

For customers who have direct deposit with Chase Bank be aware that they can place a hold on your benefits from soc. sec or military pension or disability if you were a veteran without a death certificate, hold order from soc. sec. admin. or court order and that if they assume you're deceased they automatically void any cards associated with acct. They've placed a hold on my checking acct. without verifying pertinent info. required which in my case took 19 days to receive new card and pin# which prevented me from atm access and purchases for food and gas, etc... After contacting them I have decided to close my acct of many years for I can no longer trust them with my finances. This senior veteran from oregon still alive and kickin!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

Worst bank ever. ATMs rarely work and the employees don't care. ONE teller line open. Meanwhile there are 5-6 people in suits sitting near desks laughing it up. When I asked them why they didn't help the customers they said ''We're not tellers, we're bankers.'' Tells you all you need to know about this bank. LOTS of help starting a new account, but after that you stand in line forever for your banking business. Branch Manager, old lady with blonde hair, is something that rhymes with Witch. She could care less if people stand in line for days. All she does is the Business lane of the drive-thru and it's never busy. Stay away. There's good reason this branch gets 2 stars. They treat their customers like garbage.

My new bank is exceptional. Lots of tellers and happy Branch Managers who are happy to help you. Witch broad could learn a lesson from them. I believe this branch will close soon. Not soon enough. Also be aware they can close your account and keep YOUR money. Don't bother calling, customer service is a joke. All they do is transfer you 3-5 times and the end result is either a lie or they can't help you. I filed with BBB to get MY money. They close my account and the money is no longer theirs. They think they're above it all and the estimate now to get MY money is 3-4 weeks. SO glad I'm away from this bank and it's Nazi Branch Manager.

Chase Bank pros and cons

Chase Bank offers many financial services. It’s easy to open an account, and many new customers qualify for sign-up bonuses and rewards. There are a few things to consider before deciding if Chase Bank is right for you, however.

Pros

• Thousands of branch and ATM locations
    • Bonuses for new customers
    • Online banking through Chase Mobile app
    • 24/7 customer service
    • FDIC insured

Cons

• Monthly service fees on some accounts
    • $2.50 charge to withdraw funds from non-Chase ATMs
    • Variable interest rates
    • Does not have physical locations in every state

Chase author review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Almost half of America’s households use Chase Bank’s services.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for its products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking, including mobile and online banking, e-pay and account alerts.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers and business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest-earning accounts.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Advisor