Chase Bank

Chase Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

Chase Gallery (6)
    View More View More

Top Chase Bank Reviews

I have no complaints about this bank's service (aside from my home town refusing to allow them to do business here) except when it comes to asking questions to customer service regarding mobile deposits...

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 number, Nattalie showed me true customer service at my local branch…

Chase credit cards

Chase credit cards come with a variety of bonus offers, rewards, perks and benefits. Chase cardholders get 24/7 account access through the Chase Mobile app, free credit scores through Credit Journey and access to Chase’s Ultimate Rewards programs.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
        • Travel
        • 50,000 points*
        • $450 annual fee
        Learn more
        chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
        Best flat-rate rewards
        Chase Freedom Unlimited
        • Cash back
        • $150 bonus*
        chase freedomRecommended Credit:
        Good
        Best cash back rewards
        Chase Freedom
        Best flat-rate business card
        Chase Ink Business Unlimited
        • $500 bonus*

*See terms and conditions

Compare Chase credit card offers against alternatives by category:

About Chase Bank services

In addition to credit cards, Chase offers a variety of financial services, including checking and savings accounts, business banking, credit cards and mortgages

• Checking accounts: Chase offers three types of checking accounts: Chase Total Checking, Chase Premier Plus Checking and Chase Sapphire Checking. All checking accounts come with Chase Online Banking and online bill pay. Monthly fees range from $0 to $25.
        • Savings accounts: Chase Savings and Chase Premier Savings accounts both earn interest. Monthly services fees range from $0 to $25.
        • Business banking: Chase Bank offers business checking, merchant services, small business credit cards and business lending.
        • Mortgages: Homebuyers can obtain ARM, FHA and VA mortgage loans through Chase Bank. The company also offers refinancing and home equity line of credit options.
        • Planning and investments: A Chase advisor can help develop a financial strategy for your future.
        • Car loans: Clients can get an auto loan for a new or used car through Chase Auto Preferred.

Chase Bank Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Chase Bank 18320 Preston Road Dallas Texas 75252 have a great branch manager ** who has a great personality and very well trained. Under ** leadership she has ** and ** whom are excellent employees who treat clients and customers with the highest respect, these employees' personalities are amazing and they only strive to give and provide the best. I would like these employees and this office to be recognized. I'm Keisha **. I had a great experience with all employees. Thanks employees of Chase for the outstanding work you all are doing for Chase and customers.

Original review: July 31, 2019

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 number, Nattalie ** showed me true customer service at my local branch. She listened, empathized, and did her absolute best to help solve my issue. I can’t thank her enough for connecting with me, truly listening and acknowledging me, and keeping my faith in Chase. I have been there since 1993 when it was Bank One, and because of Nattalie, I will continue my loyalty.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Dalton was the best customer service rep. I have ever experienced.He had a smile in his voice. He made me feel as if he would take care of all my anxiety concerning my account. He did exactly that. He made me want to call everyone and tell them to switch to Chase bank because they actually care. After the exchange I asked to speak to his supervisor. His name was Damion. He told me this was the second praise he received that day concerning Dalton in Arizona. I found the manager, Damion to be just as pleasant as Dalton was. I persisted to ask for his supervisor. When I was informed he was not there I made up my mind to write this review.

I love Chase bank, because of the customer service. I do not have a lot of money but they treat me like I am their most prized customer. I would recommend this bank any day of the week. If you want a bank that makes you feel important whether you have 5 dollars or 5000 dollars this is the perfect bank. Thank you, Barbara **, Texas.

Original review: June 5, 2019

My bank ATM card hacked multiple times and it’s from Itunes all the time. I will call customer service and they will ask about what happen then send me a new ATM card, and today it happened again and this is my 4th ATM card. As usual, I called Chase customer service, same process.. but this time I went to the bank and spoke with one of the Representative, his name is Edson ** (Chase Branch, Oakhills Shopping Center in Bailey Rd, Pittsburg California), he was great and very helpful! He called someone from Chase regarding my claim report and asked all the questions I’m concerned about. He even pulled my bank history and gave me all the advice. He told me that it was all FRAUD. He took his time to help me out! Thank you Edson! I really appreciate your help!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I was laying down on my bed today super depressed when a Chase customer service staff with Staff ID ** called me just to check on how I was doing with my new account. I have been a Chase customer for more than 6 years. Not one day has any staff called. It is true the staff called to know the new account he opened was going. I say thank you to you for reaching out when you did and been my MVP customer service agent of all time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have had this card for many years now and used it quite frequently, until now. I had recently had an issue with a specific charge and opened a case for a chargeback. I provided detailed information to the case manager, as asked, as a result they called and stated the case would rule NOT in my favor. During the conversation regarding the specifics of this case, the case manager continued to get a bit aggravated and short. Regardless of the detailed documentation I provided, which clearly spoke to the merchants failure to provide services, I paid for, the credit card did not support me, the consumer. I have never experienced this with American Express, they typically provide a better insurance policy on purchases.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Last month Chase Bank sent me 2 new ATM cards for accounts I never opened. After several calls I was told someone used my name and address to open two accounts. They used the same check image to digitally open the 2 accounts and then withdrew funds. I was told the accounts would be closed and I should contact the FTC and the 3 Credit Bureaus. I did so. One month later Chase sent me Collection letter for the money withdrawn from the 2 phony accounts. Chase insists that I provide them with all my personal information so they can clear up their mistake.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

It is very sad a big bank like Chase customer service is based on Manila Philippines. I am over 10 years customer with Chase with 3 personal Checking account, a Business account of average $25000 and 4 credit cards, 2 business credit cards.... The lady JD ** spoke to me with disrespect and even does not give me $12 credit for the bank charge which was wrong! Chase online app just allow my business to deposit $5000 per month but for example BOFA is $50000... and overall their respect and customer service is 2 out of 10....I don't recommend anyone to use them.... there are nor relationship for them!!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I opened an account some time ago. However, I only recently wanted to use a debit card for this account. I received a new card and have made deposits into the account. Today I tried to activate my new card, which I received this week in the mail. The automated system to activate my card required a pin. I didn't have a pin since this is a new card. So I had to call another 800 number to reach customer service.

I was on the line over 20 min before reaching a support specialist. The support staff informed me I'd need a pin since this was an existing account. I explained I never activated the original card and the current card was new. She explained she could activate my card, but I'd need to go to a physical bank to have them reset or recreate a pin... Activating a card without access to the account via pin seemed rather pointless.

She also explained, for security reasons, a pin is typically generated and mailed separately from the card. In my personal opinion, for security reasons, *the pin shouldn't be printed at all* and certainly not mailed so someone. With other banks, the account holder is able to create a pin via the automated system or with the help of support or account staff. This entire situation is ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I have had several accounts with Chase for many years. Recently, I was given incorrect information and I made a decision based on such. Although Chase apologized for this, they were unwilling to resolve the problem that occurred as a result of the incorrect information. Chase clearly does not care about customer retention. Consequently, effective today, I closed my two remaining accounts and will not follow through with a property refinance. Warning to all: Chase is apparently too big to care about their customers.

Not sure about Chase Bank?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mortgage company for you.

Chase Bank pros and cons

Chase Bank offers many financial services. It’s easy to open an account, and many new customers qualify for sign-up bonuses and rewards. There are a few things to consider before deciding if Chase Bank is right for you, however.

Pros

• Thousands of branch and ATM locations
            • Bonuses for new customers
            • Online banking through Chase Mobile app
            • 24/7 customer service
            • FDIC insured

Cons

• Monthly service fees on some accounts
            • $2.50 charge to withdraw funds from non-Chase ATMs
            • Variable interest rates
            • Does not have physical locations in every state

Chase expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Almost half of America’s households use Chase Bank’s services.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for its products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking, including mobile and online banking, e-pay and account alerts.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers and business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest-earning accounts.

• Best for: Chase Bank offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor