Chase Bank

Chase Bank

3.6/5 (1086 ratings)

About Chase Bank

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Top Chase Bank Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Verified

I have no complaints about this bank's service (aside from my home town refusing to allow them to do business here) except when it comes to asking questions to customer service re...

Verified

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 num...

Chase credit cards

Chase credit cards come with a variety of bonus offers, rewards, perks and benefits. Chase cardholders get 24/7 account access through the Chase Mobile app, free credit scores through Credit Journey and access to Chase’s Ultimate Rewards programs.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Chase Sapphire Reserve
  • Travel
  • 50,000 points*
  • $450 annual fee
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Freedom Unlimited
  • Cash back
  • $150 bonus*
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • $500 bonus*

*See terms and conditions

About Chase Bank services

In addition to credit cards, Chase offers a variety of financial services, including checking and savings accounts, business banking, credit cards and mortgages

• Checking accounts: Chase offers three types of checking accounts: Chase Total Checking, Chase Premier Plus Checking and Chase Sapphire Checking. All checking accounts come with Chase Online Banking and online bill pay. Monthly fees range from $0 to $25.
  • Savings accounts: Chase Savings and Chase Premier Savings accounts both earn interest. Monthly services fees range from $0 to $25.
  • Business banking: Chase Bank offers business checking, merchant services, small business credit cards and business lending.
  • Mortgages: Homebuyers can obtain ARM, FHA and VA mortgage loans through Chase Bank. The company also offers refinancing and home equity line of credit options.
  • Planning and investments: A Chase advisor can help develop a financial strategy for your future.
  • Car loans: Clients can get an auto loan for a new or used car through Chase Auto Preferred.

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: March 5, 2021

I just want to give some credit to my hometown Chase Bank in DeRidder La. My wife and I have banked here for 25 years, and would never consider placing our money anywhere else. The staff is always friendly, helpful, and dependable. We especially want to give our appreciation to Misty **. Misty has always been with us and has helped us more times than I can count. (You guys really should make Misty the branch manager if she isn’t already). We have had occasion to visit other Chase Banks in our travels, but none can compare to the Chase Bank of DeRidder La.

Original review: March 3, 2021

I have banked with Chase for almost 20 yrs now. During that time, I have also held accounts with other institutions, and whether I left Chase during that time or not, I have ALWAYS come back. I have NEVER found another bank that has worked with me and adapted to my needs for certain services, products, or assistance! When I'm in a financial bind, a cross-country trek, discharging from the military, experiencing medical or family emergencies, or attempting to bank from awkward locations and relinquishing Power of Attorney to another...They're always available to me 24/7 to help. Their customer service is impeccable, and I'm extremely impressed by the knowledge that every one of their representatives possess. Thank You Chase Bank for ALL your support! I will recommend you to everyone I know.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I want Chase to know the amount of value that Lindsay ** provides for the company in Las Vegas. Yesterday I went in with an idea to open a local bank account after relocating from out of state. I was immediately seated with Lindsay as there was an open time slot and she went through the process with me. I have been in a lot of financial institutions in the past and never have I been treated so well by a banker before.

Lindsay was very thorough with everything. As a former employee working in corporate compliance, her level of service in regards to the compliance side of banking was top tier! She was extremely thorough in me understanding the account itself along with anything that could happen as a result of options I chose for myself. This experience was a huge treat to work with her! Words cannot express my gratitude for her service to the people in that branch. She is definitely without a doubt the highest level in consumer interaction I have ever found in ANY industry. Everyone I know that is not currently a Chase customer needs to be one. Chase in my opinion blows the other major players in banking out of the water. Thank you so much Lindsay and Chase Bank for creating what will be a long term financial relationship!

Original review: July 30, 2020

For the past 30 years we were with a large Canadian owned US bank chain which exemplified poor service in every respect. They required our physical presence in the bank to send bank wire funds from one bank to another, in general our services from small town banks decades ago far surpassed this chain. Two months ago we opened five family accounts at Chase and once or twice a week I am able to, on-line, wire funds internationally with minimal effort and no charges whatsoever. I have probably spoken with no less than 10 Chase bankers in the past two months and all are exceptional with knowledge, kindness and efficiency. I truly am still amazed that a bank as fine as Chase exists in today's world.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I would like people to know how easy this bank has made it to get through this difficult time. I was able to suspend my payments online with no difficulty. They have allowed me to suspend payment through Sept. with no penalty. It has been so helpful to not have to worry about this with everything else going on right now. I have to say I was not expecting the ease with which this was done. I neglected to turn off auto pay and they even returned the money to my acct. I am thankful for the handling of all of this. More than fair.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Worst service ever. They lost my initial loan application on a fax machine where they provided a cover sheet as to where to fax it. They provide outdated electronic documents that they then say they can't change. Numerous phone calls and emails went ignored. Wrote everything up and submitted to their "Executive Office". While I did receive a few phone calls from them they were not willing to compensate me for the numerous issues I faced during the home loan process.

My advice to anyone that is considering using Chase for any business dealing at all DO NOT. This is the most unprofessional, worst customer service organization I have ever dealt with. DO NOT give them any business as they are terrible to deal with.

Original review: June 15, 2021

2 weeks ago I deposited $1,200 in my account top of what I already had. Few week later go to use card and it's declined. Go on my app and see I have $13 dollars and overdraft. Omg seriously and not seeing where the money went. So pissed. STOP USING MY MONEY CHASE FOR YOUR OWN INVESTMENT ..I'M GETTING TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS SOON AND TAKING MY MONEY TO security state bank where they don't loan my money without my consent!!!!

Original review: June 14, 2021

Chase has made banking easy with many branches, some open even on Saturday. Their app is easy to use, especially depositing paper checks, and transfers between accounts. Negative issues are that recently they have put more restrictions on waiving the bank charges.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Whether online or in person they look out for me and my money. They tell me of new things that are available and think that I may be interested in. The ATM area is always clean and Drive-up window is always a breeze to get in and out of fast.

Original review: June 12, 2021

My husband and I are being about 20 years customers of Chase Bank. It was very good experience at the beginning. Now it is all getting worse. First of all when my husband lost job in air space field due to Covid19 and start receiving unemployment Chase bank start charging fee $25 a month because it is not a deposit. OK... Now after being a customers so many years (we had Chase mortgage for 7 years, many savings and checking accounts and credits) we realized that my husband's name is missing from the accounts and made appointment on Windmill location on South of Las Vegas boulevard to meet Lindsay **, so we can fix this problem.

But Lindsay said, she cannot use IDs of my husband. Her supervisor confirmed from back of a room and said: "good bye"! I am considering say good bye to Chase and bring my money elsewhere. This is so unprofessional. They even did not recommend what type of IDs better or something else. Bad job. Shame on you Chase...

Chase Bank pros and cons

Chase Bank offers many financial services. It’s easy to open an account, and many new customers qualify for sign-up bonuses and rewards. There are a few things to consider before deciding if Chase Bank is right for you, however.

Pros

• Thousands of branch and ATM locations
    • Bonuses for new customers
    • Online banking through Chase Mobile app
    • 24/7 customer service
    • FDIC insured

Cons

• Monthly service fees on some accounts
    • $2.50 charge to withdraw funds from non-Chase ATMs
    • Variable interest rates
    • Does not have physical locations in every state

Chase author review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Almost half of America’s households use Chase Bank’s services.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for its products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking, including mobile and online banking, e-pay and account alerts.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers and business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest-earning accounts.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor