1.59/5

Chase Bank

Chase has credit cards that can help you earn points on the things you love most, including travel. Read reviews for Chase Sapphire Preferred to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3109 Chase Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I paid off my car loan in August of 2018. I have yet to receive my title from Chase. The first person I spoke to said, "We don't send out titles to Iowa, you just have to got your local DMV and they will give it to you." Nonsense. So, I called and 3X I was told it is "in the mail." Now, "We sent it, you now must pay to get a replacement." They have yet to send THAT paperwork. So, I have retained legal counsel and we are filing against Chase. I contact Subaru and told them of my experience as they choose to work with Chase for loans. NEVER again.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I order a product from a clothing store in which they didn't send my item at the appropriate time so I tried to cancel. I contacted Chase claims department to have my money reversed in which they did temporarily. I have had nothing but hell with this issue. They repeat the same information. Each time I call they sit on their behinds expecting you to do all the work. This company is a joke!!!

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

On October 4, 2018, my husband and I went to the local Chase Branch on Riverdale Avenue & West 236th, Bronx NY 10463 to open up a Chase Business Bank Acct. We were serviced by an inexperienced Chase Business Banking Dept employee by the name of Angel. The number of errors that was committed by Angel in opening our business banking account was incredible. My husband and I had to go back and forth to the branch for a period of 4-5 times within a period of 3 weeks because of the consistent incorrect information that Angel ** provided. We filed two complaints through Chase against that branch and my husband and I were never contacted by the branch manager to follow-up on both complaints.

Yesenia, a bank employee from the Riverdale Branch was only concern about the complaints being filed not finding a solution to the numerous errors committed by Angel **, so she had the audacity to recommended that if we were unhappy with the service we were receiving we should consider going to Capital One as it less conservative bank than Chase.

My husband went to the Chase branch in Cross County in Yonkers for help since we were not getting any in from the Riverdale Branch and spoke to the branch manager Lesique ** about all the problems we had trying to get the ChaseBusiness Checking account opened. Lesique ** stated that he was extremely sorry for all the problems we experienced but Angel ** should have gone through a checklist of all the documents needed to open up a business checking account and this would have avoided all the errors committed by that branch and saved my husband time in going back and forth.

Lesique ** fixed all the errors committed by the Riverdale Avenue Branch within 7-10 days. During that time period, the branch manager from the Riverdale Branch never contacted us to apologize or follow-up on the status of our account. Lesique ** is an exemplary example of what true customer service represents for a Chase Business Banking Customer. He should be given a promotion and a raise for the exemplary service he provided us. The staff at the Riverdale Branch should be fired for the extremely poor service and unprofessional service my husband and I received.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Never send any documents in the mail about my accounts being closed until I tried to make a deposit. Was notified my all my account were no longer open. Never GOT A NOTIFICATION. ALL MY AUTO PAY PAYMENT WERE REJECTED THAT MONTH!!! Do not recommend Chase at all.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I have had a Chase account for years as does my Mother. Today I was given a check from my mother for 8,000. She is in the hospital and can not hold my hand and walk into the bank with me. Something Chase apparently needs. I having a Chase account as well thought this would be no issue ESPECIALLY inside the bank and not at the drive through. After having to prove I had a account and with a valid driver's license and in the same state with the same last name as the name on the check. They tell me I have to wait up to 5 days for it to clear and it has to be deposited.

Now after Chase has pulled out all their ATM machines other than the ones at branches (that are broken most of the time due to overuse) this INFURIATED ME. What right does ANY BANK have to hold someone's money NO MATTER WHAT THE AMOUNT!!! God forbid this was a absolute emergency and I needed this money NOW.

Watching out for fraud you say... HOW Hard would it be to track me down with my face on camera, with my ID and all of my banking information??! Like I said it pissed me off when my Chase credit card charged me the most interest than ANY OTHER. When they cheaped out and pulled 90% of their ATMs out of circulation so I have to search for a branch. Nice to know the bank is there to serve you. NOT. I will be closing my account down as soon as the check clears as will my mother. It is no wonder people bury cash in their backyards. They can at least get at it easy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

So I was going in with my temporary permit which is paper because I’m in The state of Texas where you get a paper ID, while you wait for your new card in the mail. Well I lost my paper one. Called the Texas DPS. They emailed me a new one while I wait via email. After a one-hour phone call. So I also lost my debit card, so I got a new one. No problem. Well my pin doesn’t work so I call the customer service. They told me to go in the bank which is cool. No problem right. I have a ID. My new bank card. It shouldn’t be that big of a deal, right!? Wrong!!! I drive an hour to my local bank on my side of town from school barely making it. I go in. Sit down with the Assistant Bank manager. He takes one look at my temporary ID issued by the bank. Tell me it’s a fake.

When I explain the situation he told me that the font was wrong and it was a fake and that the State Of Texas doesn’t issues temporary ID via email and that official only comes with a receipt. He told me that I and him could go back and forth about this but it just wasn’t happening. He even went got a coworker to say it was fake. But even after I showed both of them the official DPS email with the stamp of the state and the email with the temporary he said, "Well people do crazy things and it’s for your protection." Not once did he apologize for calling my ID a fake. Nor did he correct my pin or ask any other form of identification. Or even acknowledged that I got it from the DPS. Just told me that it was a fake and even said that the state of Texas doesn’t send out IDs that way and even when I told him he’s wrong he told me he’s been doing that for years. That he knew how the state issued it.

Could you even imagine spending getting an state issued ID directly from the state and being told it’s good enough for the state but not Chase. Because it’s a fake and suggested going to the DPS and getting another one. Just to change a pin? Not once did he ask for another form of ID any other follow up questions because In his mind I had a fake ID. Even when I showed him my Chase banking app that opens with my Face ID the same face on my ID after showing him the account number with the official email and being told criminal can do amazing thing and that, "If we give you a pin this account will be unsecured." Ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

They kept sending offers to open accounts. When they offered $600 for opening a checking and savings account, I figured, what the heck. So I spent about an hour and a half/maybe 2 hours(!) at my local Chase branch opening the checking and savings accounts. Once opened, I was told I needed to have a direct deposit made into the account in order to receive the bonus. I am retired and contacted my government agency to initiate the direct deposit. So, of course it takes them a minute and a month, and THEN I was informed by Chase that the deadline for the deposit was not met, so the deal was off. Really?

It is unreasonable to expect that the agency issuing the direct deposit can do it within their little "window", but their response was "too bad". The worst part is, that now I have to wait another pay cycle before my direct deposit can get switched back to my credit union. So I can't close this account until after the direct deposit. Sheesh. What a waste of time!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I sold a puppy to some folks. They wrote me a check for the pup. When I went to town to cash the check they told me it would be $8 fee cause I did not bank with them. Now mind you this was the buyer's bank. So they needed my ID which I was happy to provide which was my enhanced drivers license. Then they proceed to tell me they needed another form of ID. So I gave them my insurance card. That was not good enough. They wanted a credit card!!! I refused. I said, "You can see it but you can't write the numbers down." They refused to cash the check unless I gave them another form of ID they wanted.

I finally had to call the buyer. He had to come to the bank and straighten it out. He was not happy either. Chase you are a terrible customer service bank. I would never recommend you to anyone. Oh and the last time I was in there with a friend my grandson needed to use the restroom. Now he was 7 years old. They refused to let him use the restroom. Get real people. Never bank there!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I have a credit history for more than 7 years. Never missed a payment and for the second time in a row Chase closed off my account 2 weeks after opening the account, just because I used my credit line. Never had this issue with other creditors, shame on them.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

On 10/22/18 my friend and I went to open up a checking and savings account at the local branch in Dixon, CA. We were "helped" by a grouchy woman name 'Liliana' that made us feel like "why were we in there". Her attitude and talking down to us made us feel like the hell with opening anything at this bank. Why do so many bank employees feel they have the right to pass judgment on customers? I am glad I left there after talking with her because she made it easy to see why all the social issues are what they are against her kind. Never going to tell relatives to bank at that place full of disrespectful judgemental **.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I switched to Chase hoping that they would treat their customers in good faith. Not the case at all. I don't know why they are constantly holding deposits for no valid reason. I will have to switch back to banks that will not hang on to my funds.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

In our personal experience, my husband and I are grateful to this bank for trusting us and lending us the money to buy our cars. It is important to value the opportunity offered by a bank like this. Without racial or ethnic discrimination, or by origin of country, I firmly believe that this bank helps those who want to live with dignity in this beautiful country. Thanks Chase Bank.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I pay my mortgage with recurring automatic payments from online banking. I have had a Chase mortgage for 10 years and never late or missed a payment. I moved and my notices were late in coming to me and Chase had increased my mortgage payment from $1840 to $1906 - $68 due to an increase in escrow collected beginning January 1, 2018. My payment issued prior to the due date was $1840 as I didn't realize it had increased. Chase applied the ENTIRE $1840 to the mortgage principal - something they should only do if instructed to do so. Then they charged me a late fee.

I paid two payments in February hoping to "catch" up and not understanding what happened to my payment. I finally sorted out the mess with a Chase banker in late March and at that time was over 2 months ahead in my mortgage payments. I was told I was good through July. Well, June was not covered after all and by the time I realized it, I paid for June on July 16, July on July 17 and August on July 26. Because Chase has reported me late on my mortgage, my credit score is below what will give me a decent mortgage rate. They want to interpret the problem of just looking at the fact that my June payment was late - period, not the whole mess of calls, and reversals and all the activity between when they misapplied my mortgage payment to when I paid 3 mortgage payments in one month.

I spent 2 half days on the phone (away from work!) trying to straighten out things in March. They don't care about my trouble, they just want to look at the late payment - not the fact that they caused the issue that ** into a big mess by misapplying my mortgage payment. They are supposed to call me in 2 days after the SECOND request for them to look into the issue.

I have sent them a detailed account reconciliation that I painstakingly did - which took me a lot of time as I had to figure out what they were doing in my account and look up my old bank statements to verify the payments I made to them were accurately applied to my account. Oh - and Chase wants to see if they can prequalify me for a new mortgage - but won't remove the late charge (yet - I plan to keep fighting this!). And, not that it is related, but I just dumped $50K with them closing our business account at another bank and reopening at Chase. But it stings.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

On Aug 07th., 2018 Chase sent me a letter notifying the closure of my investment account. I never received the letter in my mailing address. By sheer luck I got word of this and on Oct 9th. I called IFS in order to request by email a copy of the original letter (which basically said that my account was going to be closed by Nov 01st. and that I had to call the IFS number to get further instructions) and obtain the proper closing and transfer instructions of my money. I requested the operator to send me the same oral instructions she was giving me over the phone by email, which she did.

One step of such written instructions in the operator's email required to have my signature notarized at the local US Embassy which I did, at a cost of $50. I then sent Chase by Secure Mail the transfer order with the notarized signature and the required attachments. On Oct 18th. I received a call from IFS, from a different operator of course, to let me know that all they needed was my oral instruction (over the phone) to transfer the balance of my investment account to my Chase linked account from which I could then set up the external transfer using my Online banking service. This same operator notified me that no notarized signature was required and that the previous operator obviously made a mistake.

On Oct 21st. I sent an email to IFS claiming a refund of the $50 I paid for a useless notarization. The email was sent to the first operator that gave me the wrong information and to the Executive Director who signed the Aug 07th. letter. On Oct 30th. I received an email from IFS stating that Chase only refunds fees or expenses charged by Chase. The so-called Executive Director did not even acknowledge receipt of my mails. My last mail was sent on Oct 30th. and I'm still waiting for their answer.

This recap is fully verifiable through the email string kept in my files. It is distressing and frustrating that Chase deny me a $50 refund, if they honestly (perhaps this is not the most appropriate word to describe the operation of a bank) overviewed the chain of events they know they are 100% at fault. Still they do not want to assume their responsibility. This is Chase. In all likelihood I will never get my $50 back. Customer Service? Say again? At Chase a customer is considered an enemy and not the reason why they exist. Last comment: I did not put "0" Stars because this option is not available in this website.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

We got mail from Chase saying they were closing our bank accounts unless we called a number and gave them our social security numbers. We sent a copy of the letter, which we thought was a scam, to Chase Fraud. They agreed, and told us to ignore it. About a month later Chase refused to make a scheduled payment from our checking account, saying that we hadn't provided the information they had requested. When I asked what they wanted, they said they "needed to know the source of our wealth"??? What a bank!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I went into my Chase branch on Friday, October 26 to inquire about my safety deposit box to see if it still shows in my trust. I happen to be reviewing the statement from Chase and noticed the word "Trustee" was missing from my name. I've had my safety deposit box since 1985 with American Savings who merged with Washington Mutual who merged with Chase. I was surprised and upset to find out that after the merger, Chase removed "Trustee" from my box and placed it into my individual name without notifying me and without my knowledge. An employee of the branch called head office and was told that I never put it in the trust. This is NOT correct. I have Washington Mutual paperwork showing safety deposit box was added to my trust, and after the merger, Chase decided to drop the trust from the box.

I thought it would be a simple solution to add it back into the trust by giving them a copy of my trust. But, No. To resolve the problem, Chase told me, I would have to CLOSE my box completely, complete new paperwork, reopen it and place it in the name of my Trust. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I told them I would NOT close my box. I called headquarters to find out why it was removed from my trust and I'm waiting for a response (Good luck with that).

I'm so upset that Chase removed it from my trust and tells me they have no paperwork. The paperwork was completed long before the merger and should have remained in the trust. If they wanted a copy of the trust, I would gladly give it to them to update their records. To have me jump thru hoops because of their screw up is frustrating and unfair. Ultimately, Chase wants me to sign a new contract and charge me more money for the box. Chase is a poorly run company. No one knows what's going on. For those of you reading this and have a safety deposit box before the Chase merger, check title to your box and make sure it's still in your trust.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I opened a small investment account with Chase to trade stocks. They offered 100 free trades and I thought what the heck and started with $800 and grew my account to $1200 very quickly. I exceeded the number of day trades within 5 business days & was put on a restricted cash only account, which was fine. I understand the day pattern rule. My bad for not paying closer attention because Chase never notified me until it was too late and charged me $5 for a mailgram. Lol. Whatever.

So I continued trading whenever cash was shown on Chase Bank's site as available to trade and was still doing fine until one day I bought a stock called $NEON which was going up fast and they executed my buy order at $4.22 a share and the stock was halted for 10 minutes and after the halt went up to $4.75 and I attempted to sell it (which I have done many times before) but kept getting a message that I didn't own the stock. Hmmm. That's weird because Chase just authorized the buy? Could it be because the stock had a reverse split today? I tried for at least another 30 minutes and kept getting the same message. ("You do not have any shares of $NEON.")

I called Chase and after 15 minutes finally got to the a department that could shed some light on the situation. The banker I spoke with saw that indeed I did own the stock and offered to sell it for me at no charge but the stock had dropped significantly lower and I was on the phone with her close to an hour waiting to see if the stock would come back up but never did. She must have asked me 20 times if there was anything else she could do for me because she wanted to get off the phone. I said, "No. I just want to be able to retrieve my initial investment. Can you bust the trade for me?" She had no clue what a bust meant.

I was finally transferred to the actual investment dept. and was told that I couldn't sell the stock because of the restriction that is on my account but they could sell it for me??? That's funny because I am trading with my own cash which the bank allowed me to purchase the stock with and they are offering to trade it for me at a loss. If my cash wasn't settled they would never have offered to trade it for me.

After 3 hours on the phone they really couldn't explain to me what the real problem was. Now I'm not a stock trading Guru but I do know they were not giving me correct information. I was promised a call back later that day from one of the higher ups and did not receive it until the following day. This woman was not very open to what really happened and denied my request to bust the trade to retrieve my original investment back.

I was promised that she would have my request submitted to the wealth management dept. and they would take a deeper look into what happened. I finally received a letter 3 weeks later. I was hoping but not expecting a favorable response. I don't believe the person who wrote the letter looked very closely at the trade because they kept going back to this restriction I have on my account. Here is the response verbatim: "You were unable to place a sell order on October 1, 2018 as the previous buy order had not settled. Your account was flagged on September 24, 2018 for trading violations and is currently restricted from trading when sufficient cash is unavailable. Industry regulations prohibit buying and selling securities from unsettled trades in a cash account."

Now that sounds really intelligent and correct right? It is correct but if I had unsettled funds I would have never been able to purchase the stock to begin with. The funds I used were settled. My Chase account shows what amount of funds are available to trade. They are trying to use the restricted account rule when it doesn't apply.

Chase Bank will do anything to prove that they are right and you are wrong. Period. End of story. I wonder if the person who sent the letter realizes that this situation may fall under Broker Fraud? I will be seeking counsel because of the incompetence and outright false blame they have placed on their client. This is more about principle than it is money. I'm tired of banks treating their customers as if they are wrong until proven correct.

I will say that the people who work at the bank I frequent are great and I enjoy my experiences at the bank. Maybe Chase should consider hiring some professional stockbrokers to handle their new investment accounts otherwise they have no business trying to become a brokerage firm. I give the bank 3 stars and the brokerage 0 stars.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Went to Mexico and stayed at a resort for one night. When we got back home we saw we were charged for two nights. I initially tried calling the resort but was put on hold for extended periods of time so I decided to call Chase in May 2018 when we saw the charges on our account. They told us they would credit our account for the one night and check out the dispute. We didn’t hear from anybody so we thought everything was taken care of. Then in late August we received a phone call stating they were going to put the charge back on our account because they received information from the resort that said we could of had access if we wanted. We told them that we had a receipt from the resort showing we checked in on the 23rd and checked out on the 24th. The total due was a charge of $248.00 with a zero balance. We faxed that information to them.

Due to the fact that they can’t receive emails we had to do everything through the mail or fax. We got a response in the mail it said the charge of the second 248.00 was going through as we waited too long and the info they received from the resort showed we signed off on the two night charges. Long story short, I ended up sending the supervisor two more faxes (I have proof that the went through) but was told they never got them. I sent a certified letter also. When I asked for the proof they received from the resort and they sent us the information we had sent them. I ended up getting ahold of the resort and they acknowledged they inadvertently charged us for two nights and would refund us for one of the nights. We have NEVER had such a terrible experience dealing with a credit card company/bank. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE FOR ANYTHING. TRUST THE OTHER REVIEWS HERE.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I was alerted to charges on my Chase Amazon Card that were put their erroneously. I didn't charge on this particular card. I was on the phone with customer service three times, trying to find out what the purchase was, and how it ended up on this card, and not my usual charge card. No answers. A basic run around for a half hour. Pat, obviously scripted answers were given, none of which told of the items charged, or the dates of purchase. I was furious and frustrated at the routine and run around.

After the fourth attempt to find out what was up, I got off the phone, paid the charge and canceled the card. No more! Chase is very difficult to work with and most unconcerned about the customer. Maybe because there are many more beside me! They want the money, oh yea! But they care not about details and helping customers. I am now a former customer. No more worries about doing business with Chase, and a learned lesson for the future!! I am also now a very poor advertising source, as I will share my experience with anyone interested.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Sent a very important wire transfer for my family and Chase without any consent and care decided to cancel the transfer for no reason without notifying me. It took me 3 days to call in and figure out that the transfer had been cancelled because they wanted to ask me a few questions and once I did answer those once I called in, they told me that I had to go through the process again... Escalated the call 3 time went from Maria, to Shree to John to Katreen at their customer "Service Line" to get no service whatsoever! Bank of America was always better. So mad at my fiancee for making me switch to this crap of a bank!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I've been trying to pay off an auto loan for a month now. First we mailed a check to them at a PO box they list. Then for 2 weeks we say no activity. We contacted them and they said they never received any check. So then we stop payment on that check and send a 2nd check overnight tracked and signed for. Then online my account shows as closed. So we think the issue is resolved.

A week later the account is reopened. It turns out they found the first check, tried to apply it and of course it didn't work because the check had payment stopped. We reached out to them again and it was like talking to a wall. One person after the other kept telling us about the first payment. We inquired about the 2nd payment and they again had no idea what we were talking about despite them having signed for it. Half of their support staff was from the Philippines or some other place with heavy accents and hard to understand. Regardless it seems that they lied about the first check and completely lost the 2nd. So a 3rd attempt is trying to pay using their electronic system. Trying to give the payoff amount is blocked. Trying to give the current principal is also blocked due to the payment exceeding some unknown maximum value (they don't specify how much is allowed).

So now we are on our 4th attempt to pay this loan off by once again sending a check which they will most likely lose entirely again. This wouldn't be so bad if you could just talk to a non-foreigner that listened to what was being said rather than regurgitating back canned responses. Truly hate dealing with this bank. Worst of all, my home mortgage was just sold to these imbeciles. I also had a really hard time trying to make the first payment there as well as they couldn't seem to verify my external bank account even though it was already being used for a Credit Card with them as well as the aforementioned auto loan.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

On October 7th there were fraudulent charges on my account totaling 470 dollars. When I got a fraud alert I immediately called and cancelled the card and filed a claim. After cancelling my card 900$ more of fraudulent charges got declined, after filing my claim they credited my account just to receive a letter 2 weeks later accusing me of authorizing the withdrawals and that they are reversing the credit back since they were PIN transactions! I fought, argued and got nowhere! I told them I can't be 2 places at once and they can care less! I know the cards can be duplicated and their response was yes they could but chipped cards can't be duplicated which is BS! I didn't make those withdrawals!! 470 may not be much to anyone but it's a lot to me - it's my daughter's childcare money! And other bills!

They don't care about their customers! AND when I went to my bank their response was they have NEVER seen this before! They made me feel like I was going crazy questioning myself and how this could have happened! Now I found this site to see I'm not the only one!! I don't know how nothing has been done as far as legal action!! I work hard for my money thinking my money will be kept safe! Can't trust this bank! I filed a report with Federal Reserve and hope this is resolved! I don't know how this stupid bank does their investigation but obviously they don't do much and can care less about their customers!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Deposited a check using the quick deposit app LOL. Hahaha they got me! 7 days to clear a personal check that I could have just took to the payee's bank in cash in 5 minutes. I was told by Chase that I should go to the bank and cash my checks and bring the cash to Chase and put cash in the bank??? Wow why the hell would I do that? Chase is one of the worst banks I ever dealt with. Only good if you have a Chase check that you're trying to cash other than that no good. Oh yeah they will count your pennies for you. How are they Still A banks when there's much better Banks out there. Soon as this check clears I'm ripping all my money out of the bank and running to the bank next door!!! Chase sucks.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Inhuman is defined as follows: lacking human qualities of compassion and mercy; cruel and barbaric. My mother just got out of the ICU after nearly dying and is bed bound indefinitely. She asked me to help manage her finances including her bank account to handle bills from caregivers and to sort out her medical insurance. Chase froze her account so we called Chase only to be passed from department to department until we were put on the line with an extremely rude lady in the fraud department.

She informed us that my mother's account was closed because it was flagged for fraud and we're repeatedly told she needed to come into a Chase branch to sort this out. We repeated several times that she is bedridden, she cannot walk, and has only left the bed to go to the hospital in the past year. We also repeated that this is an EMERGENCY. The Chase representative was cold and rude and repeated that my mother needed to come into a branch to figure this out. After an hour and a half on the phone, she said the "accessibility department" would contact my mother within five business days.

These people are savage in their cold, disregard and lack of compassion. I now have to come out of pocket for an attorney in order to get my mother access to her own money. That and/or we will have to arrange for a medical transport company to come get her, load her into a wheelchair and take her to a branch, then come back and unload her. It would be one thing if they were apologetic and at least displayed a hint of compassion, but they spoke to us like we were criminals. If you have not caught on, I would not recommend Chase, especially if you think you might ever be in a tight situation. This was one of the coldest experiences of my life.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Chase customer service has been really helpful regarding charges and fees to my account! They are a great reminder as to why I choose and will continue to choose Chase as my preferable bank! Most reps for Chase really do have a heart, which is much appreciated!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Like other reviewers I would like to be able to give them 0 stars. First, my son's account (on which I was a joint holder) was hacked and close to $8,000.00 stolen while he was out of the country. He had no success contacting the bank through their international number. In addition to this account, my husband and I have both a checking and savings account with this bank plus a Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card. Since I was a joint holder on my son's account you would think that it would have been easy to have the stolen funds credited to another account. Instead, they told us to immediately close the account, which we did, and then they tried to credit the funds back to the account they insisted we close!

Well, it took over a month and 4 visits to the bank to finally get a check in the mail. Even though they quickly determined that the account had been hacked they took their sweet time refunding the stolen funds and insisted on doing it by check instead of crediting my account. Then, just after the funds were replaced, my husband's ATM information was stolen and $200.00 taken from his account. He was still in possession of his ATM card when we received an alert showing that an ATM withdrawal occurred in Louisiana. We live in Michigan and were visiting Minnesota at the time of this theft. So much for security at this bank.

However, the final straw just occurred. We spent months planning a trip to Ireland and booked a hotel in Dublin using our credit card points. Having used points for a hotel once before, I was not alarmed by the fact that the points were still showing up when we arrived. They do not take them off until used. When we arrived in Dublin, however, there was no reservation booked at the hotel. I spent more than 40 minutes on the phone with their "customer service" trying to straighten this out. They were absolutely worthless and kept telling me that I had booked a hotel to do with a hotel I booked in Dublin??? I know that I made the booking correctly. The error was on their part and it cost us more than $800.00. Moving all of our business to another bank. We are done with Chase!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I received two cashier's checks from a Chase Branch. I was present when they were written. I asked the teller if there would be any problem cashing the cashier's. The teller replied "these are cashier's checks, they are guaranteed to have the funds available." Monday afternoon I went to a Chase Bank to cash one of the checks, they asked if I had an account there? I told them I did not. They asked for a second form of Identification. The only issue they had was if they had enough cash on hand at that moment. Which they did and they cashed the check. The second check was for the same amount so I took it to another branch knowing that they may not have the cash on hand and I may have to come back the following day.

The Prune Ridge Branch said they could not cash the check because I did not have an account with Chase Bank, which a complete lie, then they said that the check was over the limit amount. I asked them what that amount was. The two tellers did not seem to know what that limit was. Then the woman teller said she thought it was $2500. Which is another lie. I told them that I had just cashed another cashiers check at another branch for the same amount. And they said, "Well that branch was going to be in trouble for cashing it" which is another lie.

I asked to see a branch manager and they said he wasn't in. I asked for their names and that I was going to file a complaint. One teller cover her badge, the other tellers badge said Manuel. The Chase website make it difficult to file a complaint if you don't have an account with them or a Twitter account. Which I don't have either. The website just keeps running you around in circles. I will never do business with Chase and will let everyone I know that Chase has a problem honoring their own cashier's check.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I got scammed by Chase Quick Pay. I bought tickets online for 300$. Chase won’t get my money back from the thief that scammed me even though they know and stated that their service is used for theft. I went to the branch twice, talked to claims and complaints several times, and today I closed my savings account with them. I’ve had it and they don’t care about customers, just about covering their own **.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Our house was flooded and our insurance send us a check to restore our house. In the meantime, we were staying at a hotel with our kids which was extremely inconvenient with our kids going to school and both my wife and I working full time jobs. Chase says that they have to hold on to the check and release it in portions, which we understood because they are (unfortunately) our mortgagee and have a lien on our house.

So we give the check to them, they ask for bunch of paperwork from us, W9s, agreements with contractor, declaration for doing some of the work ourselves, lien waivers, etc... We gave them everything they ask for within one or two days. They require a 50% completion inspection, which we do. Their own inspector comes and determines that we are 90% complete. Their own terms say that once you are at-least 50% done, they will release the half of the remaining amount. They send us an email saying that the next check is being released. We wait for 5 days to receive it and nothing comes.

By this time, we have been staying at the hotel for over two months. We call them to ask when we should expect the check, they tell us no check is being released until we send them receipts. First time ever they are telling us that we need to submit receipts to them and in the midst of all the mess we have been going through, we didn't even keep some of the receipts because they never even told us that we need to submit any receipts to them. We tell them, this was a shock and surprise to us and we don't have all the receipts. They tell us, well our system shows that until you send us receipts we cannot release another check to you.

We tell them if your system required it how come no one ever told us this. They even have a website where you check the status of your claim and nowhere in there it says anything about submitting receipts and what is even worse is that it shows that every required item has been submitted, reviewed and accepting. All the required items showed completed. If at all possible, we will never, ever do any type of business with Chase. Instead of helping us through these difficult times, they are making it even more difficult for us. Holding out money against our wishes, holding up our restoration and keeping us out of our own home.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Like many others before me, if I could give this review 0 or negative stars I would. I had a complaint against the type of service the Sapphire Preferred Dispute Department. Unfortunately, this is the online option because the people that handle the complaint is also the Dispute's department. According to two supervisors that the complaint will be documented only, NO FOLLOW UPS. For a premier card at Chase is the by far the worst credit card service I've ever received. This has nothing to do with the card itself. The perks for this card is great. But the human service is absolute trash.

Chase expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Chase Bank’s reach spans almost half of America’s households.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for their products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking including mobile, online, e-pay, account alerts and more.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers, business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest earning accounts.

• Best for: Chase Bank offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg