Chase Bank

Chase Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.73/5

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Chase Gallery (6)

Top Chase Bank Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

I have no complaints about this bank's service (aside from my home town refusing to allow them to do business here) except when it comes to asking questions to customer service regarding mobile deposits...

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 number, Nattalie showed me true customer service at my local branch…

Unsubscribe at any time.

Chase credit cards

Chase credit cards come with a variety of bonus offers, rewards, perks and benefits. Chase cardholders get 24/7 account access through the Chase Mobile app, free credit scores through Credit Journey and access to Chase’s Ultimate Rewards programs.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
    • Travel
    • 50,000 points*
    • $450 annual fee
    Learn more
    chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
    Best flat-rate rewards
    Chase Freedom Unlimited
    • Cash back
    • $150 bonus*
    chase freedomRecommended Credit:
    Good
    Best cash back rewards
    Chase Freedom
    Best flat-rate business card
    Chase Ink Business Unlimited
    • $500 bonus*

*See terms and conditions

Compare Chase credit card offers against alternatives by category:

About Chase Bank services

In addition to credit cards, Chase offers a variety of financial services, including checking and savings accounts, business banking, credit cards and mortgages

• Checking accounts: Chase offers three types of checking accounts: Chase Total Checking, Chase Premier Plus Checking and Chase Sapphire Checking. All checking accounts come with Chase Online Banking and online bill pay. Monthly fees range from $0 to $25.
    • Savings accounts: Chase Savings and Chase Premier Savings accounts both earn interest. Monthly services fees range from $0 to $25.
    • Business banking: Chase Bank offers business checking, merchant services, small business credit cards and business lending.
    • Mortgages: Homebuyers can obtain ARM, FHA and VA mortgage loans through Chase Bank. The company also offers refinancing and home equity line of credit options.
    • Planning and investments: A Chase advisor can help develop a financial strategy for your future.
    • Car loans: Clients can get an auto loan for a new or used car through Chase Auto Preferred.

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I want Chase to know the amount of value that Lindsay ** provides for the company in Las Vegas. Yesterday I went in with an idea to open a local bank account after relocating from out of state. I was immediately seated with Lindsay as there was an open time slot and she went through the process with me. I have been in a lot of financial institutions in the past and never have I been treated so well by a banker before.

Lindsay was very thorough with everything. As a former employee working in corporate compliance, her level of service in regards to the compliance side of banking was top tier! She was extremely thorough in me understanding the account itself along with anything that could happen as a result of options I chose for myself. This experience was a huge treat to work with her! Words cannot express my gratitude for her service to the people in that branch. She is definitely without a doubt the highest level in consumer interaction I have ever found in ANY industry. Everyone I know that is not currently a Chase customer needs to be one. Chase in my opinion blows the other major players in banking out of the water. Thank you so much Lindsay and Chase Bank for creating what will be a long term financial relationship!

Original review: July 30, 2020

For the past 30 years we were with a large Canadian owned US bank chain which exemplified poor service in every respect. They required our physical presence in the bank to send bank wire funds from one bank to another, in general our services from small town banks decades ago far surpassed this chain. Two months ago we opened five family accounts at Chase and once or twice a week I am able to, on-line, wire funds internationally with minimal effort and no charges whatsoever. I have probably spoken with no less than 10 Chase bankers in the past two months and all are exceptional with knowledge, kindness and efficiency. I truly am still amazed that a bank as fine as Chase exists in today's world.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I would like people to know how easy this bank has made it to get through this difficult time. I was able to suspend my payments online with no difficulty. They have allowed me to suspend payment through Sept. with no penalty. It has been so helpful to not have to worry about this with everything else going on right now. I have to say I was not expecting the ease with which this was done. I neglected to turn off auto pay and they even returned the money to my acct. I am thankful for the handling of all of this. More than fair.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I have been a Chase customer for over 5 years as well as a customer for other banks throughout the years. From my experience with many different banks, Chase is by far the best. From the friendly and helpful customer service, to the no-fee accounts, to the ease of access on their app... Everything about Chase is so wonderful. They want their people to be happy and feel secure-you can tell by the way they go above and beyond to make sure their customers are satisfied. Friendly, fast, efficient, secure & understanding - those are the words I would use to describe Chase banks employees and Chase Bank as a whole. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I came into town in St. Louis Park, Minnesota and had no appointment; was on a time schedule and the staff here at Chase location 5330 Cedar Lake Rd. Suite 600 was well discerning and cooperative with my needs and made accommodations for me to be worked into an appointment that evening at 3pm on 05/06/20.

Mind you I arrived at about 1pm with no appointment at all. ** assisted me by taking action copying my documents and worked me in an unscheduled appointment with Private Clients Banker Larissa A. Oliphant. It showed exponentially per her professionalism streaming down into the staff! I'm very grateful!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I started a current account with Chase Bank online. I transferred some money in and set up my direct deposit with them. Within a week they locked up my account, so I could not access the account online anymore. When I called in they asked me to visit a branch with more documentation. When I did that they said they have already closed the account.

My salary has gone to this account. So now I don't know where my salary is. There was also some money that was in transit to the bank which they claimed to have returned. But I don't see it in my previous account and I don't have any track of. They have said they'll mail the remaining money that I have in that account via check. I hope I get all my money back. Horrible experience.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

For my "protection" Chase is unable to do a simple wire transfer. This is after being verified seven times. I was told every time I try to wire money to my landlord, the transaction will be canceled. Spent an hour on the phone to get help. Even the manager, Juanita, I spoke with was unconcerned that I am upset and plan to go to another bank.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I have been banking with Chase for a couple of months. Five months ago, they closed my account due to a bitcoin transaction I made and until now, they haven’t sent me a check to withdraw the rest of the money I had on my account after they closed it. It’s very frustrating and I don’t even know when they mail it, I even doubt if they will.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I have been with Chase two years as loyal customer. Recently I was scammed. It’s going on 3 weeks calling back n forth with claims. Today I was informed they can’t help me with transactions I never authorized. I was scammed. Did a police report. Kept all records to show I’m being scammed. The supervisor Jessica I talked to was rude, uncaring of my situation and rushed me off the phone. I’m seeking legal action now. I wouldn’t recommend this bank to anyone. Not only was the help not there I had my hard earned paycheck go into negative.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

They sent me a bonus offer for a new a/c. I sent a significant sum upon opening which they took/deposited. About a month later, I tried to go online to complete my qualifying activities for the bonus & got a message my a/c was suspended. No other communication from the bank before that. After 30 minutes on hold (they offer no chat), I was told I had to go to a branch to verify my identity. I told the rep: #1) They verified my identity w/ my driver's license in the application they approved.

#2) They have no branches open near me due to Covid, #3) Even if they had a nearby open branch, why do I need to risk my health to give them what I already provided & could easily be sent electronically? I told him he was providing no help & I wanted to speak to a manager. He hung up on me. Chase sends me offers all the time. I will NEVER bank with them after this experience. ALSO NOTE: IF you want to speak to someone who speaks understandable English, do not call Chase. Everything is routed to overseas call centers where they struggle to speak English and are apparently not empowered to actually do anything.

The response I got from the kid who sounded like he was 16 was. I had to So they took my money for almost a month, paid no interest & After waiting on hold for 21 minutes, I spoke to a rep who provided ZERO alternative solutions & when I elevated my voice in frustration (no cursing) & said this was absurd, he had the audacity to tell me if I spoke to him in that way he would hang up. I told him he was not being helpful & asked to be transferred to a manager. He hung up on me. So I'm taking my money out & never banking with Chase again. They Also, for those of you who get frustrated by lack of English speaking

Chase Bank pros and cons

Chase Bank offers many financial services. It’s easy to open an account, and many new customers qualify for sign-up bonuses and rewards. There are a few things to consider before deciding if Chase Bank is right for you, however.

Pros

• Thousands of branch and ATM locations
      • Bonuses for new customers
      • Online banking through Chase Mobile app
      • 24/7 customer service
      • FDIC insured

Cons

• Monthly service fees on some accounts
      • $2.50 charge to withdraw funds from non-Chase ATMs
      • Variable interest rates
      • Does not have physical locations in every state

Chase author review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Almost half of America’s households use Chase Bank’s services.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for its products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking, including mobile and online banking, e-pay and account alerts.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers and business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest-earning accounts.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor