Chase Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

So, long story short. I was a customer with Chase. I really liked Chase for the most part. Then a really yucky situation arises. I had found a roommate online, well she sent me a check that was fraudulent, now I understand I was in the wrong for not checking first, but I didn't think anything of it. Well fast forward I pay rent, go on with my day, I go to use my debit card and it was declined. I called Chase which was when I found out the check was fake. I spoke with the branch I normally went to and they insured me as long as I paid the balance back within 21 days I will be able to continue banking with Chase.

Fast forward 21 days, I return all the money within that time frame, which then they turn around and tell me I'm no longer allowed to bank with them because they do not believe me. I was completely in shock, I couldn't believe that I came forward did everything they asked and still go screwed. I felt betrayed, although I did something stupid I handled the situation and handled it right and still was looked at as a liar. It's ridiculous.

Before this week I would have given chase 5 stars. I have banked with them for 6 years and overall had a good experience. On 11/30/2016 my Paypal account was hacked and someone made 3 different purchases totalling $1200. Chase sent me an email asking for me to verify if I made the charges or not. I immediately called them to let them know that I had not made them. The lady said "no worries. We will cancel your debit card and send a new one out. The money should be refunded into your account within 72 hours."

I called and followed up on day 2 and was told the same thing, then on day 3 when my paycheck was deposited not only did they push the charges through but they had the nerve to charge me $34 for an overdraft fee. I called yet and again and then after being passed to 4 different departments I was told that I had just opened an Inquiry, not a claim. I told them that was not the case. They even cancelled my debit card. He told me he saw that but in the notes they told me I needed to resolve this with the merchant myself.

I cannot believe that after 6 years without over drafting my account they would think I would do something like this. I work 2 jobs to support my 2 year old twins. I don't know what is worse: that someone would steal my money 3 weeks before Christmas or that my bank didn't help at all and then also took more money from me after they were aware of the entire situation. It really makes me wonder if these companies are not in on all these fraudulent scams. Not Chase, Ebay nor Paypal would help me at all when they are the 3 companies that were involved in this scam. Sad to say Chase has completely lost a customer and I will go on every single website I can find to let anyone considering chase what a horrible bank this has become.

Chase put my card on hold for a simple online order that was authorized more than once due to it being back ordered. Reps were little to no help. Spoke to Jennifer and then a Janice or Jandice. I was polite and complied with them understanding they are doing their job. Each time I had the authorized user on the line, they assumed we were fraud. They were bias from the beginning. Never asked for social or date of birth. Wanted the questions they asked 100% accurate.

The authorized user spoke and understood little English. She did not know what an email address is nor the model of a car. Just the make. With the help of a translator she was still unable to give the full answers. The rep could not comprehend why. I couldn't explain or help her understand, the rep would assume I'm telling her fraudulent info. They basically have it on Fraud alert. Someone will call us back and then what? Go through the same questions again? Just get to the point. Don't assume we are fraud. There was no changing someone mind.

As soon as they heard a customer with an accent, they assume something's up. This is very frustrating. It could have easily been solved. There was no issue. I've done customer service for 14 years. Dealt with fraud, been victim or fraud. Don't assume or accuse us of fraud. Activity on card was often, online orders, small amounts, big amounts. Primary card user present. In the end they'll end up asking for the social and date of birth but wanted to hold the account for a few days anyways. Reps are biased. Their tone automatically changed including their... ummm... hmmm... ok.

I had a close friend QuickPay me money $300. When he sent last week he did via email. No problems. Today he sent me funds and pushed to send via text. I received the text. Also had to have a text message with code provided by Chase to open in Safari instead of my app. Which went to my phone. As I followed the procedures there was no money to be accepted. When we both called the bank on a conference call with Chase they stated that my phone number was linked to someone else's account. And that the person that has my number linked to their account has taken the money. With numerous requests to Chase from the sender to retract the money. That it was suppose to go to me. They said they can not. The other person has it. He had told them it is not meant for them. They pretty much said, "That's your problem!" Seriously. So they are allowing fraud. And theft.

They explained to us on conference call that they will contact the person and ask them to return funds to rightful owner. Does any of that make sense? We entrust the bank. We trust their system is safe. I got the text messages to my phone for the QuickPay. It say to... my name... but because someone a long time ago had my phone number, they are allowed to take money not belonging to them. It's just ok? Even my seven year old told me, "Mommy that's stealing. That's bad." So now I am waiting for whoever stole the money is ok with returning it. I can even wrap my head around this. This makes no sense.

Their customer service Terrell or however you spell his name was so rude and arrogant. In claims department. I just can't understand why the bank we trust with our money has no power. Can't go and retrieve money that was obviously stolen from the sender to wrong account. I'm furious with their procedures and their 0% customer loyalty. They won't even take it from the thief and return to the sender. Nothing. Just nicely ask if they can return what they stole. So I think, "If I put Bill Gates' phone number listed in my Chase QuickPay account I'm legally allowed to take his funds." Hmmm. So if anyone wants free money, put other people's phone numbers in your QuickPay account, and you allowed to take any money sent to that number, and you don't have to worry about any repercussions. Thanks Chase. Thanks a lot for allowing fraudulent activities within your business.

When you shop with mortgage, please be carefully with Chase, as it has access to your Chase bank account. They can withdraw so-called application fee anytime without your authorization. You will not be able to stop it. My strong advice. Stay away from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Chase is a joke. Despite having to wait 24 hours on regular business days to for mobile deposits, checks do not clear on weekends or holidays. Additionally, they make zero funds available no matter the amount of the deposit. Then when you tell them you need some available to pay your bills that are due, they hold your money in limbo. They will not cancel a check deposit because it is "pending" and additionally, they will not make any funds available because it is "processing" and they cannot see it on their end, EVEN THOUGH YOU TAKE A PICTURE OF THE CHECK IN ORDER TO DEPOSIT IT BY MOBILE CHECK DEPOSIT.

After getting the runaround from every "supervisor" that exists, I still received the same answer over and over; an arbitrary policy that means nothing to people when they are poor. Additionally, I have been depositing the same amount every month for 3 years from the same person (a trust account at that). Once my check clears tomorrow I will be cashing ANOTHER check and then withdrawing all of my funds because the teller proceeded to remind me that I only have $4 in my bank account, DESPITE HAVING 1400 PENDING! Learn to speak to people and respect the people whose money you are making your money off of!

I went to my local Chase Bank to close my account with them. The woman that helped me decided to close my credit card as well. I told her I did not want my credit card to be closed and she said that she would go ahead and let them know it was not to be closed. After a month, I go to use my credit card and it's denied. I call the number on the card and they said it was closed. Long story short, it took me almost 2 hours on the phone speaking with 12 different people from both Chase AND the credit card services in order to get them to reinstate the account! It's no wonder they have such bad reviews. Never again with the bank have my business.

I have had multiple occasions when Chase has shuffled my transactions resulting in my account going negative because I use auto payment services with my credit card. They would not reverse the fees and would not help. This isn't the first time I caught it either their in store employees helped then and saw what I was talking about and didn't blatantly lie and say, "It's just how our system works." On top of this their phone service reps are rude and not helpful. They have little to no available options/power to help customers so there's almost no point in calling. I will be closing my account as soon as possible and taking my business elsewhere.

Made our normal monthly mortgage payment for 11/1/16 which is $1991.17. Problem is Chase electronically transferred $7991.17. I found out at the food store we shop for our weekly groceries on my debit card was denied. Called my bank I wrote the check from, they told me the 2 institutions trusted each other. Went to my local Chase bank. They told me there they could not service an existing mortgage but could surely apply for a new mortgage, what a joke. So the bank manager called someone and put me on the phone inside the branch, told me it would take up to a week to get the money back and they were real sorry, but the account is current.

2 days later the money is back in my account and the same day foreclosure letters come certified mail, 6 of the same letter. This day I call the mortgage service center in Arizona again, they assure me all is good, account is current. Now I make another payment, they receive it and the foreclosure start coming again. I make another payment. This from my records, they received 2 months payments in the same month. Now the day after Thanksgiving they send me another statement with late fees.

Now the whole month of Nov 2016 has been complete turmoil thanks to Chase bank. So I decide to call the special assistant assigned to my personal case. Call the number, nothing but a computer. Called mortgage service and guess what, the person that sent me the letter introducing herself as my personal chase assistant DID NOT EXIST.

On Nov 25, 2016 I demanded to speak to a senior specialist out there in Arizona only to say her first initial is A. She answered my question with questions, she would not repay any late fees, she had no want to do anything for me. When I asked her if she knew of any class action lawsuits she tried to tell me it was my bank I wrote the check from problem. Then she told me there was nothing she could do, the computer did everything. So I told her the best way to fix a broke computer is to unplug it. The last of all the funniest thing in between the 10 foreclosure letters they sent me, Chase sent me a advertisement to lower my interest rate. I will be in search of any lawsuits against Chase.

My Thanksgiving with my family was ruined because a rep misinformed me about the process of a payment being reversed. I called on 11/22 to request a reversal on a payment I made to them due to a emergency. I was assured that they would look into the matter and even put rush on the matter. I went through Thanksgiving without the matter resolved. I called today 11/25 and was told the request was denied because it would make the payment past due which technically the payment would have been past the due date not past due 30 days. If I was told that on 11/22 when I called I could sought of other ways to resolve my emergency, but I relied on Chase to assist me and they failed miserably. I know this not matter because they have their money but it ruined my family's Thanksgiving. I will be seeking out another bank to finance my car. Thanks Chase for nothing!

We attempted to purchase airline tickets. However according to the site the transaction failed. Proceeded to attempt paying for a meal and at checkout my card was declined. Called the credit card company and am advised my account was flagged for charges x 3 from the same biller. However after further review they allowed that same charge to go thru an additional 10 times. Total loss to me within a matter minutes was $2800. What kind of Fraud Protection do they have going on at Chase? Not much of one if you ask me. Proceeded to ask for several supervisors after being told about their convoluted claim process. Finally, got connected to Brian who continued to be non-supportive of my dilemma.

After a strained conversation with Brian I realized I have no recourse but to proceed with their convoluted claim process. My question is what kind of fraud protection was Chase providing me? NONE!! It took me a long time to save $2800 and within a matter of minutes Chase gave my money away! The consumer is at the mercy of the banking system and retailers. Going to start keeping my money in a coffee can. "Chase Fraud Protection" is a joke and a waste! Consumers beware!

Went online and applied for a refinance on my car. I got approved so I decided to call the number provided. The lady on the phone put me on hold several times. She obviously didn't know what she was doing and sounded like she didn't know what the heck she was talking about. After being on hold FOREVER, she comes back and says I'm not approved for the approval price that they gave me but the price she gave me was $100 over what my regular payments are now. Why waste my ** time? TRAIN your idiots to do a BETTER JOB and STOP SCAMMING PEOPLE to CALL!!!

Gave this company my direct deposit in exchange for a cash bonus but they sent me a photocopy of my direct deposit slip with a single digits changed (I checked it before I sent it of course) saying I didn't get the bonus because I didn't give them the correct information "in time". I must have been a week past the deadline and I'd been calling for weeks. I have no doubt my cash bonus for switching over went into a bankers pocket.

On Monday November 14, 2016, I went to the bank in Milford CT, 1651 Post Rd at 8:35 am just after the branch opened for a simple notary. I let the teller know what I needed. She proceeded to tell the manager or assistant manager that I needed a notary. That manager proceeded to make a phone call and was on the phone for 10 minutes. She hung up and the teller went to tell the manager again that I was waiting. For 5 minutes, no one came out. I left because I had to go to work.

I went back to the branch during my lunch and the teller told me that they could not do it because I had to make an appointment. Did it matter that I'm **? I don't play the race card. But these people have no idea how much money I have there. It could be $100. It could be a million. It doesn't matter. In the other banks that I have my account with, I've never been treated with a lack of respect in that way. I just may pull my money. Why should this manager receive any piece of bonus from the interest earned out of my money?

I have never had an issue with this bank until recently - I've literally had them for about 9 yrs and have MULTIPLE accounts. My daughter had a H.S. Checking account linked to my account for the last 4 yrs or so and she was informed AFTER she went to use her card, that her account was CLOSED. We literally just received a new debit card for her, we were just so confused so we called in thinking there was a mistake. We never received overdraft fee's, we keep deposits in the accounts etc. They literally just decided to close the account and FAILED HORRIBLY at any notification.

When we called in, they refused to provide any reasoning behind any of this. They did not apologize, no cares were given today, etc. My daughter is traveling & was basically told "too bad" you'll have to wait for your funds in the account to be sent to you in 7-10 days. Due to the continued lack of customer service I was receiving, I escalated the call all the way to Corp. and rudely found out that these people could care less about my loyalty, my stranded daughter etc., As they continued to state "we can terminate our relationship with our customers at any time, we do not need to provide a reason, etc."

Well as a result, they will soon be losing a customer and also, a loyal fan who has by far always had great things to say about this bank and have referred many friends & family members to this bank. It's a sad world we live in knowing that these people can make a decision without contacting you, sending any notification, etc. that will affect your life and could really care less about the impact of that decision. The worst experience ever - great job Chase for really showing you don't give an ** about anyone.

Chase is not the credit card you want inside your wallet, especially if you are looking for a credit card so you transferring balances. Chase only give you $4,000 limited that's it. I have been with Chase for 15 years, I never a late payment with anyone, Chase gave me more $1,000 in 15 years have credit card with them. If you applying with Chase you are wasting the opportunity with a different company. The best credit card are Citi and Upromise. Now do I have to give Chase a Star?

I am in France and cannot access my money. Since I'm traveling, Chase has decided to freeze my account. I have to wait eight hours on the cold, rainy streets of France until chase is finished upgrading their system to even help me. I am withdrawing all of my money from this disgraceful place once I'm back in the United States.

Chase Bank loan officer Gavin ** instructed my husband and I to withdraw over $50,000 from our annuity fund to cover closing costs in July of 2016. The closing never happened and now we are liable to pay taxes on that large withdrawal. We have discontinued the process with Chase because their last offer to us they increased the closing cost by another $50,000. We believe the loan officer sabotaged the process. He knew he made a huge mistake by instructing us to withdraw the funds so he chose to provide us with the worst service with hopes we would walk away. We were treated so poorly and the lack of communication and responsibility was amazing. As loyal customers to Chase they held our existing mortgage for more than ten years. It's hard to believe this happened. Don't let this happen to you!!

On Oct 19th a payment to Comcast was using a money card from Sprint paying $219.01. On the 27th of Oct Comcast billed my Chase account for the same amount again. When I noticed it, I contacted Chase using the 1-800 number and spoke to Customer Service who informed me as to what to do, to have the credit and fees added back to my account. I faxed the information the first time, with no response and then into the Chase Branch on N. Cobb Hwy to follow up only to the claims office did not have it, so it was faxed from that branch. On Nov 4th, I went into The Chase Branch on Dallas on Dallas Hwy and spoke with Ms. ** who spoke to Ms. ** in the claims department and a credit was then added to my account.

However; later that day Ms. ** informed me that she was told by someone in the claims department that I needed to provide proof either from Comcast or the VISA Gift Card service, or the credit would reversed on my account. After going to Comcast and getting a copy of proof of payment, I expressed to Ms. ** my disgust of being looked at as a thief or fraud trying scam Chase for $219.01. When I explained to her that I paid with the gift card, she stated that I could just picked up the card off the ground and that was my character and I didn't steal from anyone. Her actions and what she said to me did not make me feel like I was a valued Chase Bank customer.

Saturday Oct 29th, 2016, a Chase ATM machine failed to dispense our cash and completely shut down. This happened to my husband as he was going to work. He called the number on the ATM machine (which happened to be a chase ATM machine) and also contacted the claims department. The claims department explained that a credit would be issued to us in approximately 2 hours. Nothing ever came to our account and my husband and I continued to call the claims department until we were issued a emergency credit for that day. The supervisor on the phone also said that even though we are being issued emergency credit, the claims credit will also still hit our account. We received the emergency credit in 15 minutes. We have still not received the money from our claim. It's been a week and a half.

This fiasco has put our account in the negative and they can't seem to fix the technical issues that they are having. They have no estimated date as to when it will be fixed. All the credits being issued to us are temporary and disappear. Once the credit disappears our account goes into the negative, which is unacceptable! We have bills to pay with our money and they are essentially holding our money! When you call the bank the representatives online are nice, but ill equipped to handle customers questions and complaints. Customer care specialist, on the phone, do not know which department can handle claims or which department is above claims in escalation.

As of this morning, Nov. 8th, Chase is still experiencing a technical problem with claims not hitting customers accounts and can only say that they can give a temporary credit. Every morning they anticipate 3-5 business days for the technical problem to be fixed. My direct deposit will hit tomorrow and I am pulling out my money from Chase. I no longer want them to have the power over my money! They are asking customers to be patient for an unreasonable amount of time. Chase should have enough money to have professional IT individuals fix the problems that they are having. I will be looking into other banking institutions as of today.

I am a Malaysian Chinese holding a B1/B2 visa in US. I am also an international author with Penguin Random house and a New York Film Academy (NYFA) alumni. After recently producing a film in New York I have plans to incorporate a filming company in US in Jan 2017 to provide jobs in the media industry and globalize the business. I want to do my part in boosting the US economy. I hold a Master's degree in International Business from Australia.

On Monday, 7th Nov 2016 I walked into JPMorgan Chase Bank at 125 River Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030 approx 9:45 am enquiring about opening a checking and savings account. I was greeted by a Mr. ** who introduced himself as a private client banker and he invited me into his office. I explained my visa situation and intentions in relocating to US. I showed him my passport and other US based supporting documents (W-7 form, 1042-S form) to which he replied I needed to show another document with a local address due to bank requirements.

I respected the bank requirements as mentioned, took it as hearsay. At approx 10:05am I then informed Mr. ** that I will proceed to obtain my tenancy agreement from my property manager. At approx 12:30 pm myself, the landlord and my property agent convened at the realty office located along Washington Street Hoboken. We proceeded to go through the agreement and signed as advised. At approx 12:50 pm I then walked back to the same JPMorgan Chase Bank office along River Street and met Mr. ** again. He said he had a prior 1 pm appointment. I respected that and said I will return at 2 pm. At approx 2 pm I headed back to the same JPMorgan Chase Bank office and met Mr. **. He vetted the document and took it to his manager for vetting. Mr. ** returned stating the bank would not accept handwritten portions only typewritten.

I was feeling a bit flustered at this point but I was still patient. I am due to leave US on 12th Nov to Australia to close off my accounts to relocate to US as explained to Mr. **. I had no prior dealings with JPMorgan Chase Bank and I wanted to give the bank the benefit of the doubt and possibly form a long-term business relationship as I grow my business in US and internationally. I asked Mr. ** at least 2-3 more times on whether that was the only issue to be rectified. At this point I have spent 4 hours trying to open a bank account which was far longer than industry timelines and standard. I explained the landlord does not live in Hoboken and he will have to drive approx 1 hour to Hoboken to initialize the tenancy agreement again. I was cognizant of not wasting precious time and fuel.

Mr. ** then vetted my documents again and replied yes that was the only issue pending before the bank could help me in opening up my accounts. At approx 2:30 pm I then informed my property agent and landlord of the situation. They kindly obliged to meet again at the realty office located along Washington Street at 3:30 pm. At approx 3:45 pm we three met up and the landlord and I re-signed the typewritten tenancy agreement.

At approx 4 pm I walked back to JPMorgan Chase bank along River Street for the 4th time within 6 hours on the same day in trying to open a bank account. I showed him the typewritten tenancy agreement as advised being the only pending issue left before my bank accounts could be opened. Mr. Ronald then vetted the document and took it to his manager. He returned and informed the bank could not open any accounts for me as my tenancy was due to commence on 1st Dec 2016. It will have to be on that date or after.

At this time I was flustered and felt totally misinformed and misled. I asked Mr. ** 1 simple question - why didn't he inform me of this issue at approx 2 pm when I checked with him 2-3 times on whether there were any other outstanding matters? I had spent approx 6 hours running around Hoboken trying to obtain the required documents as advised. I believe I acted professionally and co-operated with the bank but was totally let down. I had to cancel a few important meetings in between which caused possible loss of income.

The stress and anguish from this entire episode caused me to lose sleep and I was very anxious that my depression would relapse. I asked to speak to Mr. ** supervisor which a lady came in and I aired my grievances. As a former Customer Experience Manager with American Express I felt the entire business conduct was grossly mishandled due to negligence, misleading information and undue duress caused. After airing my grievances and reiterating the stress, loss of income and loss of business trust with JPMorgan Chase Bank I then walked across to Citibank and a personal banker opened a Checking and Savings account for me with 0 hassle within 30 minutes time with no additional documentation required.

I applied for a Chase credit card and was denied. I received my letter in the mail and I called as the credit score was way off. I called and spoke to a lending rep and he gave me the same score that was on my letter and he said they pull their information from Experian and he provided me with a phone number. I called that number and I was unable to speak to a person so I ordered my credit report online and the credit score again was way off. I called back and spoke to another rep who told me my score which was different from the letter and the first person I spoke to. I stated, "If you are going to deny me that's fine however the information for my denial must be accurate."

He transferred me to a resolution rep who told me they never should have told me my scores and they only use Equifax. I pulled my report from Equifax and my credit score is nowhere near what they have nor what they told me. This company seems a bit sneaky and each time you call back you get a different answer. I have no clue whose report they pulled however it certainly wasn't mine. I also offered to send them the proof of my scores that I pulled while on the phone with them and then they tell me they do not make these decisions... Seriously? Horrible customer service. I would never recommend Chase and will never be their customer.

Before yesterday, I'd had no major issues with Chase. I recommended them to family, and it was a solid relationship. On 11/1 I signed up for a premier checking account and savings accounts (upgrading from the liquid account). I made a deposit of 500 into checking and 500 into savings. I went to login to my account on 11/2 -- found that there was an issue and it informed me to call the toll free number. So I called in, thinking something was just wrong with logging in or a possible fraudulent login attempts. Well I inputted my debit card and pin number over the phone and it said it was not valid!!!

When I got in touch with a customer service rep, they informed me that my accounts were restricted and pending closure. No reason given. I argued. I wanted to know what RIGHT they have to do this. No real answer. I was informed that in a few days the account would be closed and then a check would be mailed in 7 to 10 business days. Obviously I am unhappy, scared... All my money is in the bank. I'm in the process of getting ready to move, now I'm in the position of not having any money for rent/deposit... and have until Nov. 11th!!!

I called today, 11/3 and the rep I spoke with told me the same load of bull, but that my account is scheduled to close on Nov. 17th! Then after that, the check will be mailed within 7 to 10 business days. How do these people expect me to live. How do they sleep at night knowing that they are hurting people financially? Thank God, just a few months ago my fiancee and I split up our accounts or we'd be homeless. What If I were not so lucky? Chase has no idea of my situation, and frankly does not care. I feel so sorry for those this is continually happening to, so unexpectedly. Chase should treat their customers fairly. Technically I'm still a customer. You have my money!!!

I been Chase bank costumer for 8 year even went this bank was call Wamu. I always did pay all my credit cards off so I could build my credit history but the last year I did lose my job and I did have to live with my credit. This didn't stop me from always pay my amount due and interested so I didn't lose my credit. Just yesterday I did find out that Chase did close my credit cards with not a reason for do so and let me with just the dead and not with my credit line. When I did call the supervisor they told me that the account was close and they could not open and they couldn't tell me why was the reason for close and the supervisor Ivan ** at Florida customer service call center after the mistreatment told that I could talk to nobody else and the only way to talk to somebody else was at the fax number 1 (847) 787-5509. I did call but the phone didn't work.

I did have all my accounts linked to my checking account and saving account and they didn't care of my 8 years of loyalty. When I ask if we customer did have any right they just hand up on me and also I ask for record the call so I could talk to somebody else about this matter they told I couldn't record the conversation but the interest matter it's that they always record the customer conversation with not the customer consent. Also the supervisor of Chase bank told that Chase could close any account without give any explanation and with any consent or communication to the customer. I never did receive any letter or phone call about this matter. I believe this is outraged and people need to know this before do any negotiations with this brand. Thank you.

I deposited a third party insurance check into my and my mother's account to sell her used car. $200 of the $2400 was made available. The next day my mother's SSI check of about $1900 and retirement check of $400 were direct deposited. I deposited my $500 payroll check. The following day, the check was returned because it was altered/fake. The funds were never made available. Chase returned the check, maintained a 2400 hold, and froze the account for their/our protection.

Since, my mother's blood sugar is in the 600s because we could not buy her insulin. She received an eviction notice because she still does not have the money from her account. My cell phone has been disconnected and I have late fees on all utility bills. I was able to call the issuer of the check. It was not fraudulent or fake. And our lives have crumbled. They say they have the right based on the user agreement we signed. I never received a copy. I just signed an electronic signature pad. At what degree can they carelessly hold funds for their profit, destroy the lives of people, make careless decisions without basis or merit before their disclaimer about "looking out for us" is determined to be a criminal and negligent? I am stunned. They would have a negative 5 stars if I could.

Chase Manhattan bank cold heart Nazi values. Long story shorter 1958 Opened a pass book acct when I got my 1st job @ 7 yrs old with county trust bank which was bought by bank of NY. Continued with the Bank of New York through 2 homes and a wife and 3 children which was bought by Chase. Retired living ok doing fine using chase and its services. Well until today 10/27/16 when I was told that my credit card was denied. And my accts will be closed as of 11/20/16. No answers, no questions get lost. The only person that I can talk to is a fax machine and wait for them to get back to me.

Mind you this is not a low balance acct. It was thick with cash. I was what they called a so-called private client ha ha ha. Have you ever talked to an ex-wife or husband and got no response. I went online to see if I was the only one they were picking on -- lo and behold they must have a mean streak in them, there were quite a few people in the same boat. Well if I DID some thing wrong excuse me. They could not or would not explain to me, basically they said talk to the fax. To be continued.

On the 17th of October, a relative wrote a rather large check drawn on the Treasury Credit Union. I deposited into my checking account at Chase on the 18th same month along with a minimum amount of money already in my account. On the 19th, the money was taken out of my relative's account and on the 20th it showed up in my account. All good correct, wrong. My account was restricted pending phone verification by the issuer (done). Now I'm told needing verification by the credit union and then I was told chase was unable to get the information from the credit union and the check and whatever other money would not be available for 5 to 7 business days. Did I mention that I am 64, disabled and have no food in the house. Bell, **, manager of the Escalation Dept. could do nothing to help me.

We have been a loyal Chase Bank customer for over 30 years. In 2000 year we filed a New York State amended name certificate to add The Flexite Company name to our Rapid Injection Systems Corp name. We filed this New York State certificate at our local Chase Bank office in Mineola, New York in the year 2000. For 16 years we have been depositing checks from customers with our legal assumed name, "The Flexite Company."

In June 2016 a customer of ours in Algeria sent us a bank swift to pay for an invoice in the amount of $16,299.00. For three months the Algerian bank kept sending swifts to match our invoice with The Flexite Company name on it. Unfortunately Chase Bank never updated their systems so they only showed our Rapid Injection System Corp name. For 16 years we deposited checks from our customers with the Flexite Company name on it and our checks showed our Flexite Company Name. No one informed us that Chase Bank made an error and never updated our company name with our assumed name in the bank system. We have been doing business with The Flexite Company name for 16 years. So the 4 swifts coming in from Algeria for three months through September would not match up with the name on file at Chase Bank for our company.

The Mineola New York branch manager took little or no interest in helping us. Mr. **, the bank manager, was irresponsible. Finally after we raised hell in September Mr. ** told us our Assumed name was never updated in their system. He made it sound like we made a mistake, not the bank. I found in our corporate file, the New York State legal assumed name certificate and took it to another branch closer to where I live. The nice bank manager corrected this problem so our legal assumed name was now listed on our account. However, we still had a problem because the bank in Algiers did not correctly put The Flexite Company name and account number as the beneficiary on line 59 of the swift. They had Chase Bank listed as the beneficiary and an ABA number which was not needed.

So the swift was incorrect and Chase Bank could not legally give us the money from Algiers even though the swift did state our company name and account number correctly on line 70 of the swift as a reference. Our bank said they cannot tell the Algiers bank what to correct on the swift. And that listing our name on line 70 as a reference was not good enough to receive their money with Chase Bank as the beneficiary. Chase Bank would only tell the Algiers bank to clarify the credit party without any details.

So now it is almost 5 months time and we still do not have our money. The Algiers bank tells my customer that they will only listen to instructions from my bank. My bank says my customer needs to tell his bank to put our name and account number on the swift as the beneficiary on line 59. So neither bank is cooperating and I am still out $16,299.00. I told my bank to be more specific and tell my customer's bank in Algiers that the problem lies on line 59 and that the swift has an error listing Chase Bank as the beneficiary with an incorrect ABA number. Instead of writing our company name and our account number.

Chase Bank refuses to send a more specific swift memo back to the bank in Algiers. They say they are not allowed to be more specific. I say Chase Bank is not working on my behalf and is full of baloney. I am ready to contact the media to explain to the public and other businesses that Chase Bank does not go to bat for their business customers when there is a problem. The bank is not a good bank. I get excuses but no real help. I will probably have to open a business account at another bank and then tell my customer to send payment to the other bank and see what happens. I am very dismayed at Chase Bank. We are very good customers of this bank. But I am ready to leave and find a better bank that really works to help its customers.

I recently applied for a credit card with Chase, along with a balance transfer. I spoke with two customer service specialists on the phone, both of whom told me different, conflicting, information several times. I told specialist #2 that I was hearing a lot of information that made no sense, he told me to hand the phone to my husband and they would figure it out. When I reminded him that I am the applicant, I am the customer, and he's going to "figure it out" with me, he simply told me I don't understand and terminated the call. I have no idea if my application was completely processed -- and I'm not sure I want to do any business with Chase, if that's how they treat female customers.

I am so incredibly unsatisfied with Chase Bank, after being a customer for 10 years. I sent a QuickPay to a family member's email address, to learn right after that there was fraudulent activity on it and it had been frozen. Chase "cares" about its members, so I thought - no big deal. I called only to be told I was out of luck because I initiated the activity. Yes, I initiated it. However, as the account was frozen due to FRAUD, there should be a workaround to the policy to assist me. The other person even called and received the same answer. If the "accept/decline" option was still available in QuickPay, this wouldn't have happened. There should be a policy for instances like this. I am now in the process of looking for a new bank because I do not want to do business with a company like this.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Chase Bank’s reach spans almost half of America’s households.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.
  • Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for their products and services.
  • Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking including mobile, online, e-pay, account alerts and more.
  • Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers, business owners as well as typical consumers.
  • Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest earning accounts.
  • Best for Chase Bank offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions