Chase Bank
1.13/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Chase Bank

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

Chase Gallery (6)
    View More View More

Top Chase Bank Reviews

I have no complaints about this bank's service (aside from my home town refusing to allow them to do business here) except when it comes to asking questions to customer service regarding mobile deposits...

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 number, Nattalie showed me true customer service at my local branch…

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Chase credit cards

Chase credit cards come with a variety of bonus offers, rewards, perks and benefits. Chase cardholders get 24/7 account access through the Chase Mobile app, free credit scores through Credit Journey and access to Chase’s Ultimate Rewards programs.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
      • Travel
      • 50,000 points*
      • $450 annual fee
      Learn more
      chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
      Best flat-rate rewards
      Chase Freedom Unlimited
      • Cash back
      • $150 bonus*
      chase freedomRecommended Credit:
      Good
      Best cash back rewards
      Chase Freedom
      Best flat-rate business card
      Chase Ink Business Unlimited
      • $500 bonus*

*See terms and conditions

Compare Chase credit card offers against alternatives by category:

About Chase Bank services

In addition to credit cards, Chase offers a variety of financial services, including checking and savings accounts, business banking, credit cards and mortgages

• Checking accounts: Chase offers three types of checking accounts: Chase Total Checking, Chase Premier Plus Checking and Chase Sapphire Checking. All checking accounts come with Chase Online Banking and online bill pay. Monthly fees range from $0 to $25.
      • Savings accounts: Chase Savings and Chase Premier Savings accounts both earn interest. Monthly services fees range from $0 to $25.
      • Business banking: Chase Bank offers business checking, merchant services, small business credit cards and business lending.
      • Mortgages: Homebuyers can obtain ARM, FHA and VA mortgage loans through Chase Bank. The company also offers refinancing and home equity line of credit options.
      • Planning and investments: A Chase advisor can help develop a financial strategy for your future.
      • Car loans: Clients can get an auto loan for a new or used car through Chase Auto Preferred.

Chase Bank Reviews

Original review: July 31, 2019

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 number, Nattalie ** showed me true customer service at my local branch. She listened, empathized, and did her absolute best to help solve my issue. I can’t thank her enough for connecting with me, truly listening and acknowledging me, and keeping my faith in Chase. I have been there since 1993 when it was Bank One, and because of Nattalie, I will continue my loyalty.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Dalton was the best customer service rep. I have ever experienced.He had a smile in his voice. He made me feel as if he would take care of all my anxiety concerning my account. He did exactly that. He made me want to call everyone and tell them to switch to Chase bank because they actually care. After the exchange I asked to speak to his supervisor. His name was Damion. He told me this was the second praise he received that day concerning Dalton in Arizona. I found the manager, Damion to be just as pleasant as Dalton was. I persisted to ask for his supervisor. When I was informed he was not there I made up my mind to write this review.

I love Chase bank, because of the customer service. I do not have a lot of money but they treat me like I am their most prized customer. I would recommend this bank any day of the week. If you want a bank that makes you feel important whether you have 5 dollars or 5000 dollars this is the perfect bank. Thank you, Barbara **, Texas.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: June 5, 2019

My bank ATM card hacked multiple times and it’s from Itunes all the time. I will call customer service and they will ask about what happen then send me a new ATM card, and today it happened again and this is my 4th ATM card. As usual, I called Chase customer service, same process.. but this time I went to the bank and spoke with one of the Representative, his name is Edson ** (Chase Branch, Oakhills Shopping Center in Bailey Rd, Pittsburg California), he was great and very helpful! He called someone from Chase regarding my claim report and asked all the questions I’m concerned about. He even pulled my bank history and gave me all the advice. He told me that it was all FRAUD. He took his time to help me out! Thank you Edson! I really appreciate your help!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I was laying down on my bed today super depressed when a Chase customer service staff with Staff ID ** called me just to check on how I was doing with my new account. I have been a Chase customer for more than 6 years. Not one day has any staff called. It is true the staff called to know the new account he opened was going. I say thank you to you for reaching out when you did and been my MVP customer service agent of all time.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I meet with Gawain ** who ask why I don't bank with Chase. I thought about it but the last two years being on S/S I was afraid to make a change even though I have been very unhappy with SunTrust charges. He talked me through how to do it and even gave me printed direction. Then told me I get $300 for doing a direct deposit. It was easy and painless experience! Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Being a Chase customer and working in this area, I am forced to use the services of this bank branch. It is a very frustrating experience to try to do any business at this location. I attempted on 4 occasions to run in and quickly take care of a request I had made. Every time I go into the branch, there are long lines for the ATMs, long lines for the teller windows and you have bank employees standing around chatting with each other in the lobby. Not sure what their purpose is but it is definitely not to assist customers. They are too busy chit-chatting with each other to be of any help. I wish I had a job like that!

I've searched all around for a branch manager's name or information but I could not find anything. When I asked an employee about the manager's name, I was given the reply, "why do you need it?" I gave up. The teller windows have two employees in the mornings and at lunch, when most customers are in need of services and quick turn-around time. Why do they have bank employees standing around in the lobby clearly not doing anything? A greeter? I get greeted by enough people in the street. What about instead having these people helping move the customers through quickly? It's sad that this is the only branch near me during working hours. Clearly, the management does not care about customer service or their employees' use of time. Avoid this bank if you can. There are too many other banks with better service!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

My wife has an account there and she haven't added me to the account yet cuz I just came in USA; long story short she deposit my check (husband) and we had issues with customer service for a good 3 weeks... They kept telling her, "Once the check will clear off you can use your funds" and then we decided to go to the branch and this lady name Suzane was really helpful, she called the customer service and proof them wrong and they said, "Ok she can use her money." Guess what? Noo I could not cuz they had put a restriction on the account even though a manager named John got involved and he send the whole policy to customer service and they still weren't fixing the problem. I feel bad for that manager and that banker cuz they were both helpful and respectful. Customer Service sucks and they are the ones who make the decision. So my wife closed the account.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

First off, let me say... I have been banking with Chase for about a decade and my mother since the 60s. The problems I am about to describe only began happening over the last 2 years and gradually have gotten worse to the point of both of us being disgusted and finally planning to close our accounts before 2020. My mother gets over $3k direct deposits a month, I do not have direct deposit. They hit us both (her more I would say but overdraft protection is not what it seems) with insufficient fund fees that are completely unwarranted.

We have both gotten a fee once in a while over the years, when either of us are in the wrong we pay it with no problem. Mistakes happen especially with the amount of automatic debits these days, but they were seldom bc my mother’s balances her checkbook old school style. Sidebar I have overdraft protection, pay $12 per month for my account and I still get hit sometimes. They have given me many different excuses for this but again that’s not my main issue bc they are not displaying a fraction of the “corporate greed” with me than that which I have seen with my mother’s account. If she was in the wrong and insufficient for a transaction she received the $34 fee and paid it. This was how it was over the last almost 6 decades.

Now over the last 2 years we have noticed that if she gets hit for one fee that is her fault they will hit her acct. with up to 5 more $34 fees that have no basis. And I’ve watched her account closely with her permission and I see what they do. When a transaction was pending, it stayed pending until it was complete/approved/permanent. They kept the record transaction there the entire time with the correct date and when it changed to approved it did just that. The date of transaction didn’t change or disappear; gone completely and popping up 1-3 days later. They will say it’s the vendor and that’s fine but no transaction that occurred and affected the account should disappear.

Sometimes there will be a pending transaction and then the vendor will refund the $ temporarily so they both disappear and then the final one will pop up at random up to a week later. Poof it’s gone and customer service (horrible, rude, clueless, helpful 1 out of 20 no matter the topic) is none the wiser bc they can’t see anything that we can’t apparently. So we would call and they have no idea what I’m talking about bc they only see the one approval where they changed the date and all the other transactions are gone. What company doesn’t have detailed info and real time records. That would be proper and convenient to the customer, but then Chase couldn’t lie and scheme on their loyal “sheep”.

Chase never did this until recently as I’ve mentioned and their greedy tactics have gotten worse on a slow decline over the past 2 years. I’ve taken screenshots of my transactions to prove my point and they don’t care. I’ve seen that if there is one fee for a mistake, all of a sudden 3-5 other transactions that were already permanent will have the date changed so they can hit the accounts for more fees. That is the most disturbing. In all my years and experience with other banks and even Chase before they sold their soul, I have never seen such crooked borderline criminal behavior. I’m sure they were down profits and found this loophole. I mean they have hundreds of 1 star reviews and I’m sure it would be no stars if we could.

Another very disturbing point (this takes the cake, pun intended) is that we were both told separately by Chase customer service that if one of our accounts has a negative balance, that we have until 11 pm DAY OF to fix the balance, and if it’s fixed we won’t get a fee. They abided by this for a very short period of time and then completely did the opposite. It made sense before bc if there was a negative balance the insufficient $34 fee would pop up the next morning, so if you fixed it by 11pm (like they promised on more than 2 recorded phone calls) your account would be in good standing therefore no fee as promised.

So they no longer abide by their own standards. Now they have even started to hit people with the insufficient fund fee at the exact time of the transaction that made the account negative. No longer waiting till the next morning or even after 11 pm. I’ve called and asked what’s the point of recording these calls? It’s only for their benefit apparently. Obviously they are protecting themselves from getting caught in all their lies and deception. How they can treat paying customers that they profit from like this is disgusting.

Shame on Chase. I’ve decided to open up with USAA bc I have a lot of family in the military. My mother has decided to go to Capital One. I might go there with her and just do savings at USAA since we do a lot of banking together. If we keep giving Chase our $ they will never change. There are so many horrible reviews, I wonder how many of these people are still banking there bc my family is done.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

For months my husband and I have been trying to get Chase to send the proper letter allowing our friend with power of attorney over my car to ship it to us. We were recently stationed overseas and Chase has not been remotely helpful whatsoever. We had USAA send them the insurance information they requested, still no letter. Called again, still no letter. Messaged them on my account and sent the insurance information to them, got a reply saying they forwarded the paperwork to the appropriate office and if approved letter would arrive by 10 business days. That was back on November 14th. Letter had STILL not been sent!!

I have been making continuous car payments on a car THEY AREN'T EVEN LETTING ME HAVE. I have been losing money constantly having to rent a vehicle because Chase CANNOT for the life of them get their ** straight. I am beyond angry and frustrated. This bank and their customer service has no clue what to do and you'd think they'd have this basic step for military members going overseas easy to handle, but it's the opposite! I'm now out $800 in rental fees so far and I still have no clue when my car can be sent to me! I'm livid and as soon as I possibly can, I will be refinancing. I have never dealt with a more poorly organized and outdated bank. They're absolutely sad.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Opened new business and personal accounts. False prequalifications sent by Chase Credit, branch employees have no knowledge how to do their job, overprotective for no reason for repeat and previously verified transactions, asking me to stop doing all I am doing and go to branch for verifications, locked my money and no help over the phone. Disgusting bank.

Chase Bank pros and cons

Chase Bank offers many financial services. It’s easy to open an account, and many new customers qualify for sign-up bonuses and rewards. There are a few things to consider before deciding if Chase Bank is right for you, however.

Pros

• Thousands of branch and ATM locations
      • Bonuses for new customers
      • Online banking through Chase Mobile app
      • 24/7 customer service
      • FDIC insured

Cons

• Monthly service fees on some accounts
      • $2.50 charge to withdraw funds from non-Chase ATMs
      • Variable interest rates
      • Does not have physical locations in every state

Chase expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Almost half of America’s households use Chase Bank’s services.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for its products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking, including mobile and online banking, e-pay and account alerts.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers and business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest-earning accounts.

• Best for: Chase Bank offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg