Chase Bank

Chase Bank

3.7/5 (1427 ratings)

About Chase Bank

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Top Chase Bank Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Verified

I have no complaints about this bank's service (aside from my home town refusing to allow them to do business here) except when it comes to asking questions to customer service re...

Verified

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 num...

Chase credit cards

Chase credit cards come with a variety of bonus offers, rewards, perks and benefits. Chase cardholders get 24/7 account access through the Chase Mobile app, free credit scores through Credit Journey and access to Chase’s Ultimate Rewards programs.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Chase Sapphire Reserve
  • Travel
  • 50,000 points*
  • $450 annual fee
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Freedom Unlimited
  • Cash back
  • $150 bonus*
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • $500 bonus*

*See terms and conditions

About Chase Bank services

In addition to credit cards, Chase offers a variety of financial services, including checking and savings accounts, business banking, credit cards and mortgages

• Checking accounts: Chase offers three types of checking accounts: Chase Total Checking, Chase Premier Plus Checking and Chase Sapphire Checking. All checking accounts come with Chase Online Banking and online bill pay. Monthly fees range from $0 to $25.
  • Savings accounts: Chase Savings and Chase Premier Savings accounts both earn interest. Monthly services fees range from $0 to $25.
  • Business banking: Chase Bank offers business checking, merchant services, small business credit cards and business lending.
  • Mortgages: Homebuyers can obtain ARM, FHA and VA mortgage loans through Chase Bank. The company also offers refinancing and home equity line of credit options.
  • Planning and investments: A Chase advisor can help develop a financial strategy for your future.
  • Car loans: Clients can get an auto loan for a new or used car through Chase Auto Preferred.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: April 15, 2022

During these last 15 years, how long we use Chase Bank services, I have not met so helpful, scrupulous and patient a branch manager, who works out greatly her job, for the most heterogenous claims of us, customers. Ms. ** merited the highest praises.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

During this time of the pandemic, I have suffered twice with covid. I'm 65 years old, alone on a tight budget SSI. I have gone into the negative several times just to pay for food and medication. If it weren't for Chase to dismiss my $34 NSF fee I'd be on the street! With Chase since it was Washington Mutual for years. Chase Bank is one of the best banks in this entire world, and due to the United States Marine corps I have traveled three times overseas. Thank You Chase Bank❣️for not looking at me as just an account number. But as member/Chase family and taking care of me, truly I love Chase Bank!

Sincerely Marianne

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

BANKING SUPPORT - I Spoke To Ava ** and she was AMAZING!! I've been a Chase customer for 15+ years and on December 19, 2019 I had a seizure and was diagnosed with a very rare brain disease called Autoimmune Encephalitis. it affects your short term memory so almost every day is a "new day"! so basically I need help. I'm so grateful for how kind, considerate and helpful she was to me! Please recognize her for being so kind and helpful in resolving my questions. THANK YOU.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Beware. Chase Bank will hold you responsible for fraudulent charges on your credit card. The mortgage dept collects Monies in your escrow acct and fails to disperse them in a timely manner. It takes phone calls to get them to pay the bills.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

When we visit the Howell Mill Atlanta Ga branch for Service, they treat you like you're a King or Queen. They are Rock Stars! Additionally, Online banking now offers Real-Time Transfers! We Love Chase!!!

Original review: July 1, 2022

I issued a business check to a person, who had no account. It was deposited into a friend's Chase account, but flagged for fraud. Per the Chase Customer's request, and with him sitting in my office, I called to verify the check. A call back was requested, due to high call volume, supposedly within 23 minutes. 2 and 1/2 hours later still no call back. I finally called again, and after jumping through a bunch of hoops, was connected to the branch manager. She assured me that the check was deposited, but a standard 10 day hold was placed.

The Chase customer is complaining to me, because they have advised him the funds will not be released, and his account is frozen. I tried to stop payment on the check, in order to reissue a Cashier's Check, but Chase has already sent the check through, and it has cleared my account. I have tried to call customer service multiple times to assist their customer, with long wait times, and a promise to call back. Which has never occurred in a timely manner. Based upon my recent experience, I would NEVER have a Chase bank account.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I was conducting business and Chase cleared a check to my account, so I thought businesses as usual. It turns out it was a fraudulent check, but chase cleared the money in my account. So I was sending money thinking it was business as usual. Then Chase took the check back and I couldn't get my money back through the fraudulent activity. Now they say it's my fault and won't give me my money back. BUT THEY CLEARED THE CHECK! Like why wasn't it still pending if the money wasn't ready? They screwed me over as well as this artist, and now I am out $2,000. I have never been more disappointed in a bank system. NEVER USE CHASE!

Original review: June 17, 2022

Went to local branch with husband to deposit a check, the check was in my name and I'm not on the account so we checked with teller to make sure this wasn't a problem. We are told no problem husband signs after me this mean he takes responsibility for the check. No big deal ok. Now a local check is put on hold! We call to find out why, I'm not on the account so this is fraud!!!! What? You're kidding right? We spoke to teller in person and told no problem now it's fraud because Chase wants to collect interest on the money I'm sure. Now here I am fighting for my money that I know they cleared already.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Updated on 06/25/2022: I had already written about my experience with Chase fumbling a change of address for over a year which apparently was holding up me getting my money. The NIGHTMARE CONTINUES! I was desperate to have funds wired for the purchase of a property for my daughter whose lease was expiring 2 days after we would close. So not only would I not get the property but where would she live? I literally was on the phone ALL DAY for 3 days trying to find someone who could do something and the answer was "we are working on it." (By the way, Greg who is the man I started with told me that all that phoning might have just slowed things down! He must have gotten calls from at least a dozen people in my regard! I responded that when he blocks my calls, does not call me, does not respond to any of the more than dozen emails I've sent, let's just push the fault back on GREG where it belonged, not me!)

Finally, I encountered a woman who managed to push the address change through, overnight update and next day the wire! Yippee! She introduced me to the wire dept. and said she'd call me when wire went through. She called and I was relieved - WRONG. I called the Title company, no money. I call the next morning - no money - THIS IS THE LAST DAY I CAN GET THE MONEY TO THEM! Chase screwed up on the wire and had a charge from BofA of $45 taken from my funds like a bounced check fee. So then Chase had to scramble to get approval to put those funds into my account and figure out what they did wrong - it was escalated and the manager was telling me he was doing all he could do, wire was sent - I received a transaction number to give to the Title company!

But just to make sure my daughter wasn't homeless my friend said he'd have the funds wired from his account at Park National Bank in OH. He got on the phone, did the transaction, got confirmation wire was sent - all within 2 hours - AND they told him he needs to update his address!!! At 4:02 I received email from Title company - They have money from First Financial in TX and Park National in OH so my contract is covered - NOTHING FROM CHASE! Talking to the realtor and saying "Don't do business with Chase" and I shared my hellish experience.

He said working with his clients Chase is the ABSOLUTE WORSE lender he has ever had to deal with. And when you call for help - help isn't to be found. He said he had even made it to a Vice-President level seeking help and the VEEP said "just have them move the close date out!" IT IS A CONTRACT YOU DON'T PAY LATE! RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN AWAY from Chase for ALL your services. They are huge and have too much process for their incompetent personnel to wade through! I still have to try to get my money from them SOMEHOW so I can repay my friend, but at least I'll get my property.

Original Review: I had inheritance that I split between 2 banks, Chase had part of it. It stayed there for about a decade. I moved out of state - wasn't getting statements because my address change did not go through. I LITERALLY have tried to get my address changed for more than a year. Phone calls, emails, forms, I was even eventually was told the fastest way to get it done is to go to a local Chase bank. I drove 30 miles to do that, sat for almost 1/2 hour while it was being done, I even got checks printed to go with me, with my new address! I am now purchasing real estate with this money, need money wired. I explain this to my "customer care" person, he said it takes up to 2 days to sell my positions. OK. I send him the wiring instructions which he doesn't do anything with because he went on vacation! OK, then he sends a form for me to complete which I need to enter information from wiring instructions. Why didn't I get this form 10 days ago?

Remain calm, complete and submit ASAP. Then there needed to be a confirming call (further delay) before submitting the form for processing. This was Monday/Tuesday activity. FRIDAY - I receive an email that I need to complete an address change form!!!! I NEED MY MONEY TO BE WIRED TO TITLE COMPANY!!! OR I LOSE THE PROPERTY. More than a year and they still can't manage to look back at the previous forms, especially that done by THEIR BANK and I'm supposed to fill out the form again? How much time have I had to put into this damn address change? How much risk are they putting me through. In contrast to my other bank from which I needed funds, First Financial in Texas, I reach out to POC, state the amount to be wired for deposit, it's done before close of business that day. Contact him again for the amount that needs wired from my account there - Done before close of business.

Chase! Well, it takes a form, then another form, then the address form change again, then I escalated to manager who supposedly has forced the address change through today, but overnight update - which means MONDAY we can start on the wire part which may take a couple days. UNBELIEVABLE!! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND FIND ANOTHER BANK!

Original review: June 14, 2022

I had the impression that being a preferred customer of Chase Bank one would get better services, so I opened by business account & checking account in Veterans Branch of Chase Bank. I deposited a check in my Business account and Bank put my check on hold for 10 days. I visited the branch and requested to see the General Manager. I was told that she is in meeting & will give me a call back. It's been more than 7 days. I am yet to receive a call from her. I left so many messages for her but never got a return call. The officer Brad who opened my account looked at me in the Branch and ignored me. Most of their staff has no banking knowledge. I myself has worked in bank for 8 years & can tell this the worst bank. Would never recommend anyone to open account with Chase Bank. This bank deserves a big Zer00000 rating .. 1 star is too high was the quality of service they give...

Chase Bank pros and cons

Chase Bank offers many financial services. It’s easy to open an account, and many new customers qualify for sign-up bonuses and rewards. There are a few things to consider before deciding if Chase Bank is right for you, however.

Pros

• Thousands of branch and ATM locations
    • Bonuses for new customers
    • Online banking through Chase Mobile app
    • 24/7 customer service
    • FDIC insured

Cons

• Monthly service fees on some accounts
    • $2.50 charge to withdraw funds from non-Chase ATMs
    • Variable interest rates
    • Does not have physical locations in every state

Chase author review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Almost half of America’s households use Chase Bank’s services.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for its products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking, including mobile and online banking, e-pay and account alerts.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers and business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest-earning accounts.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Advisor