2. Finance
Chase Bank

Chase Bank

3.7/5 (1685 ratings)

About Chase Bank

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Top Chase Bank Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Verified

I have no complaints about this bank's service (aside from my home town refusing to allow them to do business here) except when it comes to asking questions to customer service re...

Verified

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 num...

Chase credit cards

Chase credit cards come with a variety of bonus offers, rewards, perks and benefits. Chase cardholders get 24/7 account access through the Chase Mobile app, free credit scores through Credit Journey and access to Chase’s Ultimate Rewards programs.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Chase Sapphire Reserve
  • Travel
  • 50,000 points*
  • $450 annual fee
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Freedom Unlimited
  • Cash back
  • $150 bonus*
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • $500 bonus*

*See terms and conditions

About Chase Bank services

In addition to credit cards, Chase offers a variety of financial services, including checking and savings accounts, business banking, credit cards and mortgages

• Checking accounts: Chase offers three types of checking accounts: Chase Total Checking, Chase Premier Plus Checking and Chase Sapphire Checking. All checking accounts come with Chase Online Banking and online bill pay. Monthly fees range from $0 to $25.
  • Savings accounts: Chase Savings and Chase Premier Savings accounts both earn interest. Monthly services fees range from $0 to $25.
  • Business banking: Chase Bank offers business checking, merchant services, small business credit cards and business lending.
  • Mortgages: Homebuyers can obtain ARM, FHA and VA mortgage loans through Chase Bank. The company also offers refinancing and home equity line of credit options.
  • Planning and investments: A Chase advisor can help develop a financial strategy for your future.
  • Car loans: Clients can get an auto loan for a new or used car through Chase Auto Preferred.

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: May 30, 2021

This Bank goes above and beyond to follow up on fraudulent charges assessed against the account. They guarantee the outcome to be positive and this reflects in their leadership, mission, vision and values. Current fraudulent charges are immediately canceled and forward looking charges credited. New charge cards are immediately sent and life back to normal is quickly obtained.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I just want to give some credit to my hometown Chase Bank in DeRidder La. My wife and I have banked here for 25 years, and would never consider placing our money anywhere else. The staff is always friendly, helpful, and dependable. We especially want to give our appreciation to Misty **. Misty has always been with us and has helped us more times than I can count. (You guys really should make Misty the branch manager if she isn’t already). We have had occasion to visit other Chase Banks in our travels, but none can compare to the Chase Bank of DeRidder La.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2021

I have banked with Chase for almost 20 yrs now. During that time, I have also held accounts with other institutions, and whether I left Chase during that time or not, I have ALWAYS come back. I have NEVER found another bank that has worked with me and adapted to my needs for certain services, products, or assistance! When I'm in a financial bind, a cross-country trek, discharging from the military, experiencing medical or family emergencies, or attempting to bank from awkward locations and relinquishing Power of Attorney to another...They're always available to me 24/7 to help. Their customer service is impeccable, and I'm extremely impressed by the knowledge that every one of their representatives possess. Thank You Chase Bank for ALL your support! I will recommend you to everyone I know.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Chase has been such a phenomenal bank for me, I never had one issue when dealing with them. Staff is super friendly, polite, and professional. I've had several bank accounts in the past and by far Chase is the absolute best one I have had. I have the secure checking so I cannot overdraft and write checks. That's how I like it and I also have a Savings account opened today. I love customer service, if I ever had an issue it was always taken care of then and there at that moment. I literally have no complaints when it comes to Chase!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I was pretty stressed out today because I had three overdraft fees due to automatic payments taking place, but Arlesia, a customer service agent refunded all three to me, and she was super nice about it. Usually they don't care, but she was super cool about it. Thanks Arlesia! (By the way, they totalled $102, which is A LOT for an overdraft fee. She refunded all three.)

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Have left Chase once before and now leaving them for the second time and this time for good. They were responsible for creating a problem with my first PPP loan which later prevented me from receiving a second PPP loan. They have taken no responsibility for their mistake which cost me over 21K and have done nothing to help me. Just hope you never run into any issues where need to rely on assistance from their executive offices, they are irresponsive, rude, dismissive, careless and just plain out useless. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

This is the second time I am on vacation that Chase locked my access to my money, online profile or any way of transferring funds. I am literally 3.5 hours away from my home and Chase did not like a transfer to another account at a different bank! They blocked all access and the RUDE lady hung up on me when I explained that I don't have my card with me and that's why I was transferring to another bank. I have my paycheck deposited bi-weekly and was trying to move over funds to pay for my hotel room. They said before they release my account I need to come into a branch which is 1 1/2 hours away from where I reside. They would not work with me in any way just blocked me and my access to any information. This is the WORST bank. They are obnoxious, non empathetic and not helpful at all.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

They left me hanging for months unable to get paid from my jobs. I was unable to pay any bills. Had to default on business contracts. Be aware because they lied outright about mailing out my replacement card. Glad hackers attacked them. They hurt people and businesses economically for no reason.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I called to dispute some unknown charges, and they transferred me to 5 different agents at Chase within over an hour of waiting time. This is terrible. I am still on the call now, waiting for a 6th person. It is taking a very long time to resolve the issue. I am very disappointed with chase. They even used to be more friendly, even at the branch. Burr Ridge branch is definitely not pleasant. Take your money somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

So ever since I got my Chase bank account it has been the singularly most miserable experience I’ve ever had with a bank. These people are completely incompetent and they do not care at all. It’s nearly impossible to talk to them if you’re not trying to open an account or give them money. I am a cryptocurrency day trader. It’s what I do. For months now Every single time I try to make a crypto purchase through the same very well-known popular platforms that I always use, my stupid Chase checking account will automatically deny my purchase and throw up a fraud alert.

I have called them over and over again and asked them to please stop doing this to me. All they ever say is that there’s a lot of fraud in cryptocurrency. They absolutely do not care. I told him this is what I do for a living and I need to be able to use my money when I need to. Within seconds a crypto price can change dramatically. I don’t have half an hour to call Chase try to get a person on the phone and then have them fix it so that they are not blocking my purchase. 80% of the time when I have called them and done this, I go to make my purchase and the exact same thing happens again. It’s infuriating, and it’s like a slap in the face because they literally won’t stop doing it.

On top of that, their whole system is set up just to make you as frustrated as possible. I swear. Yesterday I went to log into my Chase account and they threw up a thing saying that they didn’t recognize the device that I was on. They said that they would need to do further verification to make sure that it was me since it’s a new device to them. So I scroll down to see my options and the first one listed is for them to send a text to… You got it! The exact phone in my hand. The only phone that I’ve had for years. And yes, the phone that I set the freaking account up on in the first place. This is just one example. It’s endless. This is what I get for picking a bank due to its proximity to my house. These people are ** in the worst way. Screw Chase.

Chase Bank pros and cons

Chase Bank offers many financial services. It’s easy to open an account, and many new customers qualify for sign-up bonuses and rewards. There are a few things to consider before deciding if Chase Bank is right for you, however.

Pros

• Thousands of branch and ATM locations
    • Bonuses for new customers
    • Online banking through Chase Mobile app
    • 24/7 customer service
    • FDIC insured

Cons

• Monthly service fees on some accounts
    • $2.50 charge to withdraw funds from non-Chase ATMs
    • Variable interest rates
    • Does not have physical locations in every state

Chase author review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Almost half of America’s households use Chase Bank’s services.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for its products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking, including mobile and online banking, e-pay and account alerts.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers and business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest-earning accounts.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor