1.32/5

Chase Bank

Chase has credit cards that can help you earn points on the things you love most, including travel. Read reviews for Chase Sapphire Preferred to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3189 Chase Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I booked a flight using Chase Travel and had the worst experience of my life. I was emailed that my return flight was canceled and I responded multiple times to select the new flight option from the ones they provided and never heard back. I then called them only to be on the phone and constantly put on hold for OVER THREE HOURS. Anytime I asked what was going on the representative would tell me she's "researching" and give me no detail of what was going on or how long it would take. She was rude to me and continually asked if I would be okay with a 3-5 minute hold, and then put me on hold for 15-30 minutes. I would rather pay full price than deal with these disrespectful people again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I was getting gift cards for my coworkers as a thank you for the amazing job they did and I told this to Chase Bank so they would have a heads up. As I'm purchasing the cards they stopped the card from going through. Sent me a text and asked if it was ok. I replied yes. They sent the text again. I said yes, then they shut the card down.

To my surprise when I called to ask about this they told me that all of my cards were shut down and that my accounts were under review but the hold will be lifted within a few days. So I called back at the beginning of the following week and they were very rude to me and told me that the credit card accounts (4 of them) were shut down (2 not even used) and they are not going to reopen them. When I asked why they told me that they could not tell me over the phone and that I would have to wait 7-10 business days for my answer. That is absolutely horrible customer service! They held my money hostage and then just shut it down without my knowledge. Clearly being a customer for over 10 years meant nothing to them. Don't waste your time here. They won't care anyways.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I’ve been paying off a Chase line of credit that was associated with a closed checking account. I pay through my current bank. I called Chase to find out what is left to pay. They can’t find the account and they say I didn’t have it! I was bounced around from department to department and finally they told me to call my CURRENT bank and get the phone number off the draft! I did so and there is no phone number! Now I know why I am no longer with Chase. One hand doesn’t know what the other is doing!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I got an offer in the mail about opening a Chase checking and savings account. I went to their website to open it and filled out the application. I received a letter in the mail saying my application was denied since they couldn't verify my identity. This was very strange since I'm an existing customer and have several of their credit cards and have leased several cars through them. Instead of asking for additional info. to verify my identity, the application was outright denied. The letter also said my Experian credit score was 800 at the time of the application which was incorrect. It was in the low 830's since I'm able to access my credit scores from all 3 credit agencies and I am well aware of what my scores are.

Chase relies solely on an Experian credit report but doesn't check their own records. If they had, they would have known I had been a customer of theirs for over 10 years. Also, if they couldn't verify my identity, why would they be looking at my credit score?? If you can't verify someone's identity, the Social Security number provided should have been considered invalid as well.

I had to make a visit to a local branch to open the accounts. The representative mentioned I would receive a few starter checks but I was never given any. He never mentioned how I would be receiving them...in the mail or otherwise. I wrote a personal check for the opening deposits. I was told there would be a hold on the check. I was never told how long the hold would be. After I got home and reviewed everything, I realized the funds wouldn't be available until 2/28. This is a ridiculously long time since the check was drawn from my local bank. The check was written on 2/16. Not sure how long a foreign check would be held, maybe a month?? An existing customer should not have to wait a week and a half to access their funds. Chase should stick with loans and credit cards since I haven't had any issues with those.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I went to the atm to discover my pin was suddenly invalid. I call the bank to find out why and they tell me that they don’t know why and there’s nothing they can do about it. They refused to reset the pin because I moved in the last 30 days. I was told to go to a branch IN ANOTHER STATE to clear up the situation because there are no branches near my home. No explanation as to why or who made changes to my account. Don’t do business here!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I deposited a check from a family member into my CHASE checking account. The check was made out to cash. Chase cleared it after a couple of days, but when I went to make a purchase it said declined. It happened at 2 other stores. I thought the chip was malfunctioning. When I went to CHASE, turns out they closed the account. They said they didn't have to give me a reason and could close the account. After a while they said it was because they couldn't verify the check. They didn't even call the bank where the check was issued from. They just closed my account with no warning. I had to reopen a new account and they still won't give me the money for another 3 business days. I need a lawyer.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We went to a branch on Friday to deposit my fiancée's paycheck. The staff at the branch was very kind and everything was handled quickly. However, when the check cleared, it was for $217 instead of $2,170. In and of itself, that's not the end of the world as mistakes happen (though a very distressing mistake, to be sure). She immediately called customer service to report the issue. The person on the phone was not very nice and while she did help with the issue at hand, I wouldn't call her exactly helpful. Perhaps the biggest problem is that they aren't going to credit her account until Thursday at the earliest. They made a mistake and aren't able to deal with it quickly.

As my fiancée lives paycheck to paycheck, she's can't support herself for a whole week while Chase does nothing about their mistake, but Chase doesn't care about that. They don't care about their customers. We had had a fantastic day and then it suddenly came crashing to a halt all because of Chase Bank. I had been considering opening my own accounts with them to facilitate consolidation with my fiancée, but that's definitely not happening, now. We've had to cancel appointments for the week that were necessary because she's not going to be able to pay the costs. Chase is holding her $2,000 hostage because of a mistake that *they* made. Customer service, that is not.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Chase closed my business account without warning, when asked why they said that they sent me a letter in the mail and due to a lack of response, they closed the account. I asked why wasn't I called. The person then explained that by law they are required to send out one letter and that as a business I am responsible for my account. There is a lot wrong with that since I had no way of knowing of the situation that I am supposedly should be responsible for. This happened to a few other people I know. After this review I am definitely contacting a lawyer. I have not been able to receive funds because of this. Chase this is not acceptable!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have banked with Chase Bank in Indialantic FL for over 9 years. I have both a personal account and a business account. My wife deposited a check sent to her from the executor of her parent's estate after her father's passing. The check funds cleared from the originating bank on 1/31/2019 Chase Fraud division (Donald **) froze all our funds even my other deposits including my paycheck from the Federal Govt. We were never notified of the account being frozen. We do electronic banking with Chase and we had been trying to pay bills online. We could not understand why our scheduled payments and electronic payments would not process, There was no notice online of why, there was no phone call from Chase, to date 2/12/2019 we still have not been informed in writing.

Chase stated they sent a letter to us in the mail 1/31/2019... Still no letter. When I could not transfer funds to make a quarterly Tax payment I went to my bank branch 2/8/2019 Friday. The local branch Mgr Tom ** could not tell me what was going on till he placed a phone call to Texas. Long story shortened the Texas fraud group said I had to prove where the funds came from even though Chase had had the funds since 1/31/2019. I returned home and brought the legal documents provided to my wife from the attorneys.

Donald ** stated he would not accept these documents and accused me of forging them! I placed calls to the executive offices and filed a complaint without any response. We contacted the originating bank Delmarva Bank and they stated that the funds had transferred to Chase on 1/31/2019 and as of Monday 2/11/2019 no one from Chase Bank had called Delmarva Bank to check if the account was fraudulent or not. We finally convinced Chase that we had not defrauded them and the funds did legally belong to us. They then informed us that it would take up to 5 business days to return our money and unfreeze our accounts. PLEASE DO USE CHASE BANK.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Filed a dispute several months ago of an unauthorized withdraw, it was credited pending review. Several weeks later, it was reversed and caused a mess in my account. Their reason was they found same merchant that I supposedly authorized account several months back. How do you even know if I missed it and that needed to be included. It's clear that there is fraudulent activity in my account. Instead of taking care of their customers, calling to clarify what they reviewed and found, Chase finds ways in denying, rejecting, reversing, your money. Chase do not take care of their customer, rather they nickel and dime them!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I scheduled a wire transfer on Chase's mobile app. A couple of days later it still said pending. I walk into a branch and ask why. They call the headquarters and start asking me all kinds of crazy questions like: Why am I sending money, how do I know the person I'm sending the money to. I told them it was none of their business and they said that without that info they can't transfer MY MONEY!!! Needless to say I took out all my money and closed the account. I really can't believe they want to know why I'm transferring money.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I had unfortunately been scammed from two men in Europe posing on the freelance website Upwork as a startup company. I am a freelancer, so it was normal for me to take and work virtually. I was under the impression I was doing my job and getting paid properly for my work, until I went to use my account to pay a bill and it was frozen. I was so perplexed, I was just at my bank in person minutes ago, confirming my withdraw and making sure all was well. I immediately contacted my "boss" about the issue, he seemed to be trying to help, then I called the bank once I realized I was surely scammed.

Thankfully I kept every piece of document I had and I have full on proof of the incident, however, I didn't find any help at all with Chase. They just kept telling me that it would be bad for me, when I in fact was a victim myself and reported the issues the second I realized something wasn't right and others were being scammed with me. I begged for months to send over every document I had. They told me they didn't need it and proceeded to send me letters with the large balance myself and others were scammed out of.

I called again, the next person seemed helpful but also told me to wait until I heard back from Chase, take no action. My biggest fear with a perfect record both with the law and banks, was to be in big trouble for this scam and to also have it affect my credit, also not be able to recover my personal funds that were frozen as well. I got a letter (which I kept), stating this issue was solved and my account was back in good standing. I cried tears of joy that it worked out as I had never dealt with anything like this.

A month or more later, I get a letter telling me that I owe a large sum. So I naturally call, tell them about the reports, the several people I've spoken with, the letter that all was clear, etc. They give me a place to send all of my proof and documents. At this point I don't know what to believe anymore and am just sitting on all of my proof, afraid every day something else will occur. I just want real help. Here we are in February, this is now 9 months later, and I get a letter apologizing for never notifying me that my Status hasn't changed and I'll never get my account back.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I fear I will send off all of this info and never hear a thing back. A simple investigation would have easily shown that I had zero connection to the fraud and was in fact a victim myself, trying to make sense of it all. I work so hard to do well and be a good citizen, something like this shouldn't loom over me every single day. So Chase, I don't care about the account being closed, good riddance. Those people can't scam me anymore, but I would love to actually have proper help and answers.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I open a Sapphire Checking account with them upon promise of 60k Ultimate Reward points. That did not happen after 3 months. I notified them and they acknowledge mistake. However, to my surprise, instead of seeing the long overdue points right into my account, I waited for one month and still waiting for your super long procedure to correct this. I wonder if I can do the same thing without penalty if I owe them money. That is not the first mistake happen. Few months back, I was charged in my checking account a fee that should not be charged.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

2 weeks ago I had an unfortunate situation where I got scammed and I immediately called Chase to notify them and file a claim. The first woman who picked up told me it would be handled no problem and transferred me to claims. The next woman I spoke to was very hostile (thick accent and bad English as well) and insinuated that the situation was my fault and that “Chase has chose to end their relationship with me”...

Like other past customers on here, I asked why and she gave me no answer and said my remaining funds would be mailed to me via check. This is how they treat a loyal customer who kept their account in good standing and never had an overdraft fee? Cool. I see they’d rather wash their hands of you than deal with your situation head on. I’m with US bank now, and there’s no drama. Chase showed their true colors, it’s a blessing our relationship is done. Run far away from this bank, they don’t care about their customers, they care about saving their own (you know what).

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Current customer and I hate them. You can't turn off overdraft services, so every month I get hit with fees because of bills that come out a day or two before I get paid. I work for a living, it's rough, and having to pay an extra fee every time someone decides I owe them money for a cancelled subscription hurts. I will be moving to another bank.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I wanted to send my mom money for her birthday through Chase because we both bank at Chase. I saw the “Gifting” on Chase’s site and saw a cute birthday card with balloons on it. I thought how cute, I’ll send that instead of just doing the QuickPay with Zelle. The next day my mom questioned why did I send her a Starbucks gift card? She doesn’t drink Starbucks coffee. I said I didn’t, I send a Chase money card.

When I looked into it, I guess it was a Starbucks gift card. I called Chase to have them reverse the charges, well after a hour and a half of calling Chase and calling Starbucks, nobody couldn’t do anything or had no clue what to do. I opened a “case” that later that day received an email that this was resolved. The last person I spoke to at Chase, I said this needs to be resolved between Chase and Starbucks and I would like to have somebody follow up with me. Of course nobody followed up with me, so I called 3 days later and went through the same thing and have not heard back from Chase in four days. So, I called and I am VERY MAD and swearing!

To find out that they have no control over their website is alarming! First, the “Gifting” has Choose a gift card, not Choose a Starbucks gift card for an occasion. I thought that right there was a “red flag” and needs to be made more clear that you are gifting a Starbucks gift card. Second, to have this service on Chase’s website and the money comes out of Chase account, then to find out Chase has no control and the person needs to call Starbucks. Starbucks has no idea and Starbucks says since there is no credit card given to them directly, they can’t reverse the charges because it comes from a Chase bank account. So, what I got out of this was nobody at Chase or Starbucks thought of what happens if somebody mistakenly purchases one of these “Gifting” gift card on Chase’s website. Chase has no problem charging fees when a person is overdrawn, late on a mortgage payment or a service fee but can’t reverse a charge?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I been with Chase for years. I am absolutely done with this worthless bank that don't protect its customers. First off someone got my card information and overdraft my account buying Amazon stuff. Then a month later they overdraft my account. Took the money back and said it was me. I need to get a police report and evidence it wasn't me which was impossible so I left it alone. Then 3 month later this worthless bank sent me a letter saying they figure it wasn't me and credit me back.

No apologies for accusing me at all. Then recently a similar situation happen. Someone steal my card information and use my card and overdraft 2 hours. Away from my home they claim reverse my account said it was me. They can't prove it wasn't. I need a police report or evidence it wasn't me. This time I can prove it wasn't me. Chase go give me an apology and they need to train its investigation team better. They suck! Don't bank with Chase. They don't care about its customer.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have been with Chase Bank for a couple years now. Wells Fargo stole from me and Bank of America let someone else use my social security number to open an account. So I wound up here. I have to say I am absolutely disgusted. Customer service in the call centers are worthless. They waited a week and a half to post my haircut. Then tried to say I had insufficient funds to nail me with a fee. **. I did not opt to have Chase pick up my tab but rather have the overdraft come from my savings. They are so full of ** and nickel and dime my account whenever they get a chance. Poor business practice and I will be closing my account and going to a credit union.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Chase botched my deposit payment for my house - almost causing me to lose the home. I notified the bank 2 weeks in advance of a large wire that I would need to be sending internationally. The morning of, my account would not allow me, so I had to wait until the bank opened. I spoke to my banking contact who increased my limit and was told I was approved to send the wire. I executed the wire and even sent a screenshot of the proof to the banker that it was completed. 48 hours later, there was no trace of the wire and the money had not left my account. The difference between the 2 days in currency was a cost to me of $10,000 and the bank is denying the wire was executed, even though I have proof. Stay far away from this bank.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

They recently decided to start enforcing a policy that they have never enforced before, where if you make an "unusual payment" or a payment over balance, they put a 15 day hold on all your future payments. There was no notification to customers that this was going to be enforced, it was just buried in the user agreement that I signed 5 years ago. How is anyone supposed to rely on a card that you have to pay off 2 weeks in advance and hope that they don't levy your account if your payment was "unusual." The customer support staff was also incredibly rude, claiming that it was because their customers were terrible and bouncing payments. This company deserves all these 1 star reviews. They're out of touch with reality.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Chase put a levy/hold on my account because of a citation notice for a future court date to get information report of my account from a creditor. Chase did not answer interrogatories correctly and held an account with majority exempt funds. They even reported knowing the funds were from child-support and unemployment. In an emergency motion, the county Judge ordered Chase to bar/release the hold off those exempt funds as it is prohibited and illegal. Chase did not like that the funds were then co-mingled with some other small deposits and then acted like they didn't know what to do so they kept ALL the money against all law and order, and disobeying a judges direct order, will not release the hold.

After days of arguing and explaining they don't have the option to disobey a judges order, KAWANNA an executive threatened that she will never release my money if I don't have the judge also write an order that she and Chase will not be held liable for this hold. KAWANNA said that's the only way she accepts judges to write orders!! Kawanna "allowed" me to drive to a location to have only 3 weeks of child support withdrawn out to me in cash and then kept my account froze. So it appears Kawanna has appointed herself to be the governor and dispenser of my children's, now twice ordered, child support that's taken from their father by the state for them! She allowed me one withdraw that didn't cover half of the bills or medications even.

It's been over three weeks, still Chase has my life savings and hitting me with fees and charges from my auto pay bills left and right. Auto payments were not removed or stopped because it was expected Chase would follow an order. Over $500 of fines have built. My children don't have their child support. I don't have my state issued unemployment funds at all. It's against the law to hold those kinds of funds anytime. My one child has not been able to get a medication he's been on twice daily for seven years! I have not been able to get my medicine for asthma... And thus we are about to be in the hospital. We have no money. I borrowed from neighbors to eat and buy gas.

Chase goes home every night and each weekend ignoring the repeated calls for why are they doing this and why children are suffering? Chase continues disregarding this case and what they've done, absolutely illegally ignoring judge's orders. They know they've done several wrong things and are taking their time looking through all their loopholes to cover their rears. In the meantime it's ILLEGAL.

The issuing attorney of the citation notice never meant for the money to be on hold knowing that I was on unemployment and child support. They just wanted a discovery of the funds before a court date to know correct amounts. They have written Chase letters as well and told them repeatedly to stop their hold and follow the judges orders as well. They are being ignored! At this point why or who is Chase holding money for??

Now a bankruptcy has been filed! Chase has financially killed a family within days. Chase still has not unfroze funds even though being notified by the bankruptcy attorney! This is illegal in every direction. Literal Corporate Robbery. CEO Jaime Daimon has been either directly emailed or cc on all communication and with orders and is also ignoring. He has never responded.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have used Chase bank for 6 years and loved the service, apps, branches, really everything about Chase until the last year. In no time at all everything customer oriented has dissolved or disappeared. The insufficient charges are now same-day and hit overnight with no email, app notification, NOTHING. I use multiple banks and every single one (including Chase until a month ago) notifies of insufficient funds when it happens. Chase instead waits 3-4 days to send you an email and by then have charged $60-$90.

Customer service parrots off scripts for 2 levels of Manila based customer service before sending you to Aishia in Ohio who will use condescension and sarcasm to illustrate how nothing is the responsibility of Chase Bank regardless of features and conveniences they offer before hanging up the line. (I know what you're thinking, but I wasn't rude, didn't yell, didn't curse, nothing). Chase was once my favorite bank but after 6 years I will be closing my account as soon as possible and never looking bank. Here's to hoping this bank goes out of business.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My account was closed for no reason. It was suspended online and I couldn't use my debit card. When I called, they would not tell me why but my account had been closed and I would have to wait to receive my money in the mail as a cashier's check.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Chase will HOLD your funds for no good reason at all. They will not accept cash deposits to family member accounts. They try to force you into using wire transfers and pay their fees. So, we took a cashier’s check (secured funds!) and deposit to a family member. And Chase still puts that check on hold for several business days!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Chase used to have a rule where after 5 days your account would be charged a fee of 30 dollars. They now start charging you for things that go negative the same day, even after you transfer money the same day. They will pretend to cover the charges and charge you for covering. Chase will be going through class action lawsuit similar to Wells Fargo soon. Please do not bank with them. I used to work for Wells Fargo and this is what we used to do to clients. Charge them the very same day. Even if they cover the charges we will still debit. And now they owe billions for stealing money from clients. If you still have an account with Chase...run. Run and don't look back. Capital 1, Ally bank, and a few others offer fee free accounts that are just as good.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I had a fraudulent charge on my Chase credit card for $2.99. I called them to let them know about this charge and they agreed to reverse it. They then canceled the credit card that the fraudulent charge was on, and I asked them, since I was waiting for several refunds to appear on that credit card account, if it would automatically migrate over to the new credit card. They said “yes of course.” Magically, Chase didn’t see any problem migrating over the pending NEW charges to my account, but decided they weren’t going to transfer the refunds to my account. As stated above, I called them and asked them specifically if the credits were going to be transferred to the new credit card.

Well, today is January 28, and just got a letter in the mail from Chase dated January 18, 2019, saying that they consider the refunds to my account to be fraud as well. EVEN THOUGH I NEVER REPORTED IT AS FRAUD. And WHY WOULD A REFUND be considered fraud to begin with? Did they think I wouldn’t notice that these refunds were never applied? Why did it take 10 days to get the letter to me? So, I’ve wasted HOURS on the phone with the merchants who were applying refunds to my credit card. They kept insisting they had applied the refunds over 15 business days ago. I kept assuming that sooner or later the refunds would appear. And they wouldn’t have EVER APPEARED if I hadn’t called Chase to ask about it.

This is a blatant rip-off by CHASE trying to keep the funds that should have been refunded to my account. How much interest are they earning on the money they withhold? In the meantime, of course I have to make my minimum payment based on the amount on the card without the refunds being applied. Stay away from CHASE. Put your money in a credit union instead. No more money for the big banks that’s simply go ”oops!” when they make mistakes that work in their favor.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I have called 3 times and each time got a different answer. I "upgraded" my card the removed important perks that they do not mention. I did this after a big purchase, but they backdated so I would not get the points. I filled out an online form twice and never got a response. I completed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, no response. Don't do business with them.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

My story is a bit long, so I apologize for the lengthiness. In late July, I checked my college email. It had been a few weeks since I graduated from high school. The email noted that an employer was looking for students at my university to hire over the summer. I thought that this would be a perfect opportunity for me since I did not have much else to do over the summer, and I was ecstatic to start working this early in order to help my mom financially. As a result, I responded to the email saying that I was interesting. He followed with another email, asking for more basic information about me. Later on, he asked me to look up the prices for a specific printer, scanner, and stamper.

I told him the prices, but he did not reply right away. A few weeks later, he texted me instead of email. He told me that he had mailed me a check, and sure enough, when I checked my mailbox, it was there. I initially had thought that he wanted me to buy the printer, scanner, and stamper that he had asked the prices weeks prior. This man then told me to go deposit the check, but the issue was that I did not have a bank account of any sort. In order to complete my errand, I chose to open a college checking account at Chase since it is a seemingly credible bank, and it has numerous branches across the nation which would be beneficial for me since I would be attending college out of state.

When I went to open my bank account, I decided to deposit the check instead of paying with cash. A week later, my supposed employer asked me to make a transaction between two Walmarts in order to pay his supplier who bought the printer, scanner, and stamper for him. I could not make this transaction yet since I had not yet received my debit card in the mail, so I decided to go to a Chase branch to make a withdrawal. As I asked for a withdrawal, I was pulled to the side to sit at one of the bank teller's desk. He had notified me that the bank deemed the check that I deposited a "bad check" and that Chase would no longer like to work with me.

Hearing those words made my heart drop. I already have social anxiety, and I started panicking because I thought that I was in trouble. The teller told me that everybody makes mistakes and suggested that I should call customer services in order to report for a scam. As soon as I left, I called but was switched to two different agents. The person on the phone told me to call back in two days, so I can know what decision they had made for me. I honestly forgot to call back since my family and I were too busy packing for a trip outside of the country in order to attend my aunt's wedding.

Although I know that the scammer is the one who led me into this mess, I cannot help but feel guilt, and I feel as if my name has been tarnished. This dilemma haunted me for months. I did find it unusual that Chase never closed my account online. A few days before my winter break ended, my mom urged me to open a bank account which I agreed with her since I was able to find a job for work study for the upcoming semester. I thought feverishly about calling Chase Bank in order to apologize and to explain my situation, but I never did call because my social anxiety overwhelmed me with the thought each time. I had to leave soon, so my mom accompanied me to the Chase branch near her workplace. Surprisingly, I was able to open another college savings account, and the bank teller I was with told me that my bank history was okay. I was happy.

A couple of days after I returned to college, I discovered that I could not log into my Chase account from my phone. Yesterday, I called and was informed that Chase was closing my account. I asked if there was anything I could do to fix it, but the lady on the phone told me "sorry, no". I was heartbroken once more. One of my friends saw how distraught I was, so she tried to help me. I explained the situation to her and how I was nearly scammed. She called her mother's friend who works at a bank, and her mother's friend said that I should try explaining to Chase what happened for a chance of being pardoned.

A couple hours ago, I pulled my nerves together and called customer services once more. I asked if I could explain my situation, but I was told that I could not since the decision was made by some department who does background checks on people. However, I did not understand. If the department does background checks, why was I still denied? My records are clean. I have no felonies or misdemeanors, and I do not smoke or drink.

Although this dilemma has haunted the back of my mind for months, I do appreciate how polite the Chase employees were whenever I called or talked to them in person. I am still distressed that my first and only bank account was closed, and I cannot get another chance. Now, I am worried if this will affect me from applying to other banks.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

The process is a run around on the customer while you have 0 APR on the account. Have a long wait time. All tell you all kinds of things to make the customer wait that much longer. I spoke to a SUPERVISOR, who did not want to say a lot on phone, so I told her this was not right on good rated customers. This procedure is not right at all. Why would a Company want to put a good paying customer and good standing customer through a bad process. This does not make sense.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

My son is on an overseas trip and needed to be able to pull cash from an ATM overseas immediately. I walked into a Chase branch with $300 in cash to deposit into his account. I am not a Chase customer. Only my son is on his account. I was informed that Chase does not accept cash to be deposited into an account for any amount and that I could deposit a money order but that would not be available immediately. My son is 7 hours ahead and was in need of this money to pay for his room where he is staying. There was no exception allowed. If this were a transaction of a larger or more significant amount, I could understand the obvious concerns of the bank, but to penalize their customers for such a small amount is absolutely absurd. To say that I will never be a Chase customer is putting it mildly. They get zero stars for this, even though it says one star, since that was the only way to submit this.

Chase expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Chase Bank’s reach spans almost half of America’s households.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for their products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking including mobile, online, e-pay, account alerts and more.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers, business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest earning accounts.

• Best for: Chase Bank offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg