Chase Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am a small business owner and Chase started charging fees for doing more than 5 account transfers per month, charging up to five $34 overdraft fees per day, sometimes on days when their system is down and I cannot even check my balances. Disgusted with Chase and looking for a different bank to open a business and personal accounts. Beware of this company.

Chase is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to "nickel and dime-ing" - I've been with Chase for 4 years now and have had the worst experience, consistently, for the past four years. After this last circumstance I am closing my account and never returning. (The only reason I stayed for so long was for Chase QuickPay and how often it was handy but now that there is Venmo, who needs QuickPay?)

I don't have the time or patience to state all that happened but Chase wrongfully charged me and ultimately stole from me - I called and complained but "highest speaking supervisor" Chris ** didn't have an answer to give me. I told him he will be losing a Chase customer and I'm closing my account... Which didn't seem to faze him whatsoever. I don't expect anything to come from this review other than warning others who are debating what bank to go with. Chase has stolen hundreds from me over the years and I'm finally putting my foot down. DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO CHASE - DO NOT BECOME A CHASE CUSTOMER!

The process does not work -- I can't believe my bank did not back me up! Chase received a document that showed my signature had been FORGED by the retailer (they sent me a copy!), but because the retailer refused the refund (based on this forgery), Chase closed the case and I was left to pay the $140 after never receiving any merchandise. Very disappointed. Hours and hours of email, written and phone communication.

Chase continues to overdraft clients who shouldn't be over drafted. I have been with Chase for a long time (Too long). I woke up this morning to 2 overdrafts even though I checked my account at 11:30 last night and everything was fine. Spoke to 2 customer service reps who agreed the overdrafts shouldn't have happened but there was nothing they could do about it. So Chase gets $68 from me that should not have been taken. Beware of this company. Your money would be safer under a mattress.

Chase has the worst customer service!!! Its executive office does nothing but wasting customers' time!!! Especially CLARIS AT 877-658-5560 ext **!!! I had a dispute claim from February, have provided Chase with all the information that was requested... Until now 8.1.17 my case hasn't been solved... They closed my case due to not providing information... None of my return calls were logged... No information was showing on the system that I have provided after my claim date... Claris stated that "you have never responded us after filing your claim so your claim is denied..." They pretty much got my money 480$... Worst bank. Worst customer service providers!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

The most sorriest bank in the world. What kind of bank promises you overdraft protection then in their fine print at their discretion. I had made a car payment. Was short about 5 dollars. Figured I would be ok due to overdraft protection they said I had. They sent the check back. Charged me 34 dollars granted I had a majority of in the bank. Went ahead and made my car payment which was now 39.00 short because they charge me a fee. Two days later paid the remainder of the car payment which that was 5 dollars short in the beginning now 39 because of them and it went through no problem with 34 dollar overdraft fee. I turned off overdraft protection because it's not protection which is supposed to turn away any check with no fee if there's no money in the account. These idiots put the same check I wrote in the beginning through with no issues and 34 dollar fee I turned the protection off.

I called and they said the system had not updated my request. It take a week to update a request. Wow. Big corporation bank yeah. Went to bank yesterday to withdraw my check. They said they can't give me my because the system was down and they were updating throughout the nation. This a busy Friday at lunch time. Seriously. I have one payment Tues coming in and I'm pulling all my money out and going somewhere else. This is the worst bank in the nation and they need to be investigated by the government. Louisiana residents especially in Shreveport that go to the King's Highway your drive. I strongly recommend you changing banks and if stay away from this one if you're looking for a bank.

I am a small business owner that went to the ATM to deposit a 4 checks that come up to a LARGE amount on Friday 7/21. There was an error and it ate the checks w/o registering them. The ATM's are services by an outside company and therefore the Chase branch is not able to open the ATM's. I was told that within 48 hours business days I would receive funds until the claim has been settled. It is now over 1 week and they have yet to credit my account with any funds and will not give me any insight on when the funds will be in my account. I have talked to supervisor after supervisor and all they can say is we'll have more info in 48 hours... which means on Tuesday they might be able to tell me when and if I will get my funds of over 6 figures. (10) business days later I am beyond frustrated!!! I have a business to run and I will not have enough in my account for Payroll. HELP!!

I waited on hold on the phone for a Chase Customer Service Representative for more than 45 minutes. Then I was told that I needed to be transferred to another department and was placed on hold for an additional 45 minutes. I've been banking with various financial institutions for 30 years and I've never had to wait this long to speak to a customer service representative. Not sure how Chase is addressing this but hopefully they will make some serious changes in their customer service department. Customer Service is not good Chase Bank!

There are very few options available for teens to practice responsible saving and spending money. We opened a Chase teen checking/debit card tied to our account in 2015 for my son when he turned 13. On June 9, 2017 he had approximately $1400 in his account, and tried to deposit a check that was more than 6 months old for an additional $1000 (finally cleaned the room, found the check from November, what was he thinking? This is an example of learning) and left for camp across the country two days later. It was the first time he was flying alone. While he was at camp, Chase decided there was potential fraud in his account due to the attempted deposit and canceled his debit card.

My son was left at the airport with no way to access money (yes, at the camp store he spent the $60 "just in case" cash I stuffed in his hand as he left) and no food. No, he didn't starve. Yes, this is a first world problem. The issue I have with Chase is that it is now July 28, 2017 - almost 2 months later - and they still haven't sent him the $1400 that was in his original account that they closed on June 12, 2017. This is akin to a free loan to Chase from a 15-year old boy. When I called today, I was on the phone for an hour, sent to 3 different people, and eventually told that they were investigating the account for fraud. Still? And what about the statement we received in the mail 10 days ago showing they debited his account and it now remains at $0.00?

So where is his money? I was told they would "request a check" and I could call back in 2-3 business days. I was told that the request was emailed to the "back office" but that the back office does not have a telephone number. Apparently no one can call the back office. Not even Chase employees. I asked if I should go to my local branch, but was told that they would "just call us." Further, to complain directly to Chase, one must login (which requires setting up an account -- I don't want an online account... I want to write a letter to customer service), call (like I'm going to do that again), or tweet in 140 characters or less. Chase employees do not have any power to actually help customers.

The most they can do is repeat what they read on their computer screens, which makes them sound unknowledgeable (when I used the word "stupid" to complain about person number 2 to person number 3 I was told "we don't entertain that kind of language" - perhaps if you accomplished something useful you wouldn't be perceived as unintelligent and useless... is that better?). I'm not sure when my son's check will arrive. Meanwhile, I found a lovely bank that opened a savings account for him, and will get him a Greenlight card so he can learn to save and spend wisely in our electronic age. Chase will no longer have any of our business. I wish it would make a bigger difference to them, but I fear they don't really care about our small (to them) accounts.

I am a US expat living in Brazil and have been using Chase Bank routinely to make wire transfers from my account in the US to my account here in Brazil for well over a year now. Two weeks ago I attempted a wire transfer and got a message that said "It looks like this part of our site isn't working right now". I have been on the phone with Chase Bank now for 2 WEEKS and the problem has still not been resolved - they punt me from agent to agent and give me the same information that's on my screen. They are abysmally unhelpful and don't even attempt to suggest a remedy. Chase Bank's customer service is the worst I have ever experienced in over 3 decades of banking on 4 continents.

I've been with Chase, Bank One for 30 years. Chase removed 585$ from my account without any clarity of who received those funds. It was fraudulently taken, and the vendor they claimed they sent it to states they never received a dime from Chase or my account. Chase refunded my account originally, only to remove it again two weeks later. Again without verification of where the funds were dispersed. I've spent hours on the phone with their customer service reps and they refuse to place the money back into my account, or verify where it is.

So much for 30 years. They could care less about their customers, and will steal from a single hardworking elderly woman who can't afford to lose a dollar, let alone lose close to 600$ to a thief in their own organization with no concern whatsoever. I would recommend anyone considering Chase staying as far away as possible. They have lost sight of why they are here and what they used to stand for. I'm removing all my accounts from Chase! They are run by fraudulent leadership.

Rude people: I was having emergency surgery. Needed to get a will notarized. She said first they don’t do hand written anything then per the website they do wills but she said she has it in writing where they don’t but could not show me. Called to file a complaint at the 800. They told me we have nothing will be done.

Had a large balance I decided to pay off when I sold my house. I paid the card off in full and continued to get an "interest" charge. I paid the "interest" and closed the account, chopped the card up and threw the pieces away. Then a month later I get an email of a statement-! That I have a balance of an interest charge! I call customer service and was told I paid over the amount I owed but there was an interest charge!! Didn't make sense! I kept getting the runaround and put on hold twice- talked to a third person -all three told me I owed different random amounts!! By this time I was so livid I paid once again being told I'm paid up in full- and this time on a credit card that was never used and closed over 2 months before!! This company robs people -DO NOT USE CHASE -HORRIBLE customer service! And prepare to be robbed!!!

Chase is the absolute worst bank ever! I placed a stop payment on an item last week and thought everything would be ok. Wrong. Several days later the company I put the stop payment on was permitted to take money out of my account. Even Chase assured me that the stop payment was in place and my account would be fine. On payday instead of a $250 paycheck in my account there were 2 payments that were permitted to go through from the company I had. Placed the stop payment on but also 4 bank fees tacked on top of that, my paycheck was and so was being able to make my car payment. I tried to get Chase to fix this mess and all I got were empty apologies. Take my word. Avoid Chase like the plague.

I deposited a check with my name on it in my account 2 weeks ago. The bank put a hold on it stated it would be available on 7/25/17. They then told me that if I went into the branch with the receipt that they would release funds to me today 7/19/17. I did that and funds were not released. Chase Bank has the worst customer service EVER! I am going to do my research and find a bank that cares about the customers and not just the money! It's no wonder they have bad reviews. Shame on you Chase for AWFUL BUSINESS PRACTICES???

Chase is the worst bank ever, I opened up an account June 5th, today July 18 and my funds were wiped out and account closed. No communication from them just a letter saying they were going to close my account. I went to the branch about 10 days ago employee said to wait 2 more days bc it was coming in the mail, waited more than 10 days and nothing. Just came from the bank spoke with a different employee, he said the bank is withholding my funds, that I have to go with the payee for the 2 checks which is my husband and my 8 yr old with 2 proof of id's to prove their identity and they will release the funds, I deposited 3 checks from an insurance company, checks were issued with different payees but when opened the account banker authorized and said it would be a problem.

Bottom line is I will have to wait God knows how long more, it's a big decent amount that I needed asap. I'm so infuriated with this situation, and more so that the government more specifically the judiciary branch let the banks abuse the consumers because I found out we can't sue a bank, only do arbitration or neither start a class action against these banks. We have no rights, only obligations in this country. I wished someone could give me light on this subject, I need my money to pay bills. I don't have the luxury of waiting for my funds to be circulating around in form of loans made possible by this corporation. We need to change so many things in this system. Oh fighting terrorists and money laundering is all **, they reusing our money and making us clowns.

I signed up for the Chase Southwest card at an airport in Oct 2016 for the benefit of points. In December I received a bill with an annual fee and late fee attached to it. I immediately called to say I did not have a card yet, and they refused to waive the late fee. I then received the card a week or so later. I activated the card in December when it was received and used the card to make the required purchases in 60 days. When I did not received my points, I called customer service. I was told I met the required purchase amount and would see the points on the next month's statement. The following month I still did not get the points. I called again and was told I needed to make the purchases by December because I applied for the card in October. REALLY!

How does one use a card they do not have? They said it was mailed in October, but in fact, I received it in December after calling about the bill. I closed the account in June and asked for the exact amount to pay off. I paid it off that same day, June 29. Today, July 17, I got another bill for interest! Called again to be sure I would not receive another bill from them, and again explained my dissatisfaction. Customer service representative do nothing to assist a customer and it's always a different story.

When I questioned the notes in my account to verify my calls, I was also told that notes as to what the call is about are only recorded if you speak with a supervisor. How convenient for Chase! They charged an annual fee and late fee prior to ever receiving the card and though I closed it six months after receiving it, I did not get a refund of any part of the annual fee charged two months prior to getting the card. No points were given after making the required dollar purchase. Matthew actually said, they can't control when the Post Office delivers it. OMG.

If you ever going to get a credit card from Chase bank, aware of their customer service and fees. If you going to pay whole balance on time you are safe. Otherwise good luck. If you call their customer service line it will redirect your call to different country who doesn't know the value of a US customer. Doesn't know how to treat you. I had a representative even doesn't know to explain how Chase calculate interest on your balance. I have been a Chase customer for more than 5 years and service I received earlier was really good. However, now it's become worse. I recently had two bad incidents where I try to resolve some issues with them. They never look from the customer side. You only get to hear "Sorry we can't do anything from our side". I hope writing this review help them to improve their service.

I have banked with Chase for 8 years now and have had no real issues with them. My experience has been wonderful. I have moved several times and they are always easy to change my information with. I have no issues finding a branch to make deposits, if need be. If a branch is not available, mobile deposits are available. My mobile deposits have always been processed in a timely fashion. No complaints here!

Chase emailed me regarding a company trying to charge my account. The company had an expired expiration date and the incorrect billing address. I responded to the email that it was a fraudulent charge and I did not want it charged to my account. Chase paid the fraudulent charge. I have been trying for three weeks to get this charge disputed and cleared off my account. It has been a hassle the entire time. I filed the dispute with Chase online for the charge that should never have been made on my account. I received a letter from Chase requesting the same information I have already provided about the dispute two times now.

I called the number provided in the letter that said it was where I should call if I have any questions. No one at the phone number could help me. They could not explain why I am supposed to provide the same information repeatedly. They said that someone was working on my account and needed to clarify information. I said, "Great, here I am now. What do you need?" They said that someone tried to call me. I told them that no one has called me. "My cell phone would show if I had missed any calls and I have no missed calls. But I am on the phone right now, so let's clear it up and get this charge fixed." The person cannot help me. There is no phone number to reach the dispute department. Chase said that they cannot call this department that is a part of their company. They said that they did not know who was working on my account, but that someone who could help me would call me in 3 to 5 business days.

Seven business days later, no one from Chase has called me. I call the 800 number on the letter again. I get the same run around. They don't know who is working on my case, but someone is working on it and needs me to fill out this form again and send it in. This mystery person needs to clarify information. But no one can tell me what information needs to be clarified. No one can find out. They cannot get in touch with this department. I cannot be given a phone number to reach these people. These nameless, phone less people will call me in 3 to 5 business days. I asked for a supervisor. I was left on hold for 28 minutes before I hung up. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I would expect this from a shady credit company. I expect Chase Bank to provide a customer of over 15 years better service.

I've been a Chase customer for 10 years - no bounced checks, no problems with my balance whatsoever. I recently went to a branch and requested they make a financial statement for me with some very specific information and the banker refused. He made several excuses about why he couldn't do this for me and it was obvious that he just didn't want to. I then emailed customer service online. They told me to go to a branch location to get the statement. I finally found someone working at a branch 30 miles away from my home that is willing to write this simple statement for me. This is ridiculous. I think I can do better in a bank. They want people's money but refuse to help in any way.

Chase Mobile app is providing incorrect account information. Some charges will appear one day and the next day not. The app would say "You have x amount available." Then the following day the charges shows up. Then you're hit with numerous overdraft fees. Also the automated telephone service provides you with the incorrect account information such as charges and available account balances from what you actually have in your account. Chase is frauding their customer.

Card was charged for something you did not purchase with the card. Jan 30 2017 Someone hacked into my account both email and debit card with Chase bank. I told Chase and they cancelled my card gave me a provisional credit I thought would be end of it. I told them it was not made nor authorized by me. Recently Chase reclaimed the $141.10 saying something was delivered to my address. I never got anything. This is their file on my bank account Feb 1, 2017 WATERFILTERS 877-842-1635 FL 01/30 Feb 2, 2017. Reversal: WATERFILTERS 877-842-1635 FL Apr 14, 2017. Claim reversal: WATERFILTERS

877-842-1635 FL From 4/29 to 5/22. Today I emailed on secure server. I give up with Chase. Last This I recently discovered. Regarding the $141 fraudulent purchase not made by me in Jan, I have new info to share with you. I can't give you any other proof, except today I discovered I was still infected from Jan.

Today I downloaded a program called SpyHunter 4, but I was afraid to give my credit card info because of still being infected. Instead, I used the program to show me what registry keys were infected as well as two browsers. And I manually took out a total of 1771 objects Spyhunter 4 detected. It took me over 5 hrs to do. The things I was infected with all along are as follows 1] DangerousObject.Generic - it says it disrupts pc operations, gathers sensitive info. 2] Trojan.Bitcoinminer - it says it exploits vulnerability and security flaws malicious website and email downloading attachments to steal your private info. 3] Trojan.Dotdo similar to # 2. 4] Malware.Rujack hijack browser and search results. These 4 are severe category.

Next list are moderate severe 5] newtabtvsearch.com 6] Wow.Utop. It search hijacks browsers. Now less severe category 7] Adware Helpers 411 infections. More Adware programs 8] Adware.AdVPN 46 infections. 9]Adware.Best Price Ninja, 10] Adware.CouponTime 11] Adware.eoRezo 12] Adware.PullUpdate 617 infections. Please look up these things on google to verify they are what I say I removed. At this point because of what I found today if you don't reverse the reversal charge I will be filing a complaint against Chase with the cfpb. And if you force me to do that I will also be looking for another bank sometime later this year. I can not do business with anyone who insults my integrity and honesty. This email was sent to To: "chase_customer_claims@secure-dx.com" Sent:

Saturday, May 13, 2017 1:50 PM. Chase isn't listening to me. So I'm filing this complaint. Complaint Submitted with ftc, as well as cfpb.

I have been a Chase customer for over 20 years and I added my husband when we got married. In the last six months someone was able to use my husband's cell phone number to take money. We changed our account number and got new cards and in the last month someone knows when we are getting paid and withdrawing money from the ATM. Not impressed at all.

I'm trying to make my first Car payment which is due today, and lucky me, all Chase Branches are closed right now due to System failure? I can't even phone them to make my payment, it's literally down everywhere. This Bank is COMPLETELY unreliable, First time using Chase and this happens? Lines of angry people outside the Banks wondering what is going on. How unprofessional. I'm glad I bank with Wells Fargo. Thanks Chase!! Because of Chase Bank I will have a late car payment and be charged with a Fee.

The ATM machines by my home in Riverview, FL NEVER work properly. Both the drive thru and lobby machine almost never can accept deposits. I have to go purchase a money order and deposit thru Chase Mobile. This comes with a 2 business day wait for the funds to be available. The fraud departments continuously declines my purchases at the worst possible times. Last week I made 2 separate purchases at the same restaurant and the second transaction was declined. I had the funds. Does Chase realize how embarrassing this is? I see why they have to pay people to open a new account.

I am having a credit card with Chase Bank. I was told that my promotion period is on certain date. Automatically, I think it would be the statement date. However, life is not what I dreamed of. Talked to my Chase representative, all I was told that I have to pay off by the date that my promotion is off. Hence, I talked to "my Chase representative" again to ask what exactly interest amount I would have to pay Chase. Well, I received an answer exactly like what I see on my statement. You have to "love" Chase when they always play with their words.

THE WAY THEY TREAT YOU AFTER YOU GO THROUGH MEDICAL PROBLEM: My bill was under $4000 when I couldn't pay. They waited until my balance was over the $6000 limit before they closed it and they let someone in California get a duplicate card and use with Uber.

Why is it that someone has already identified the problem and given you the fix to the QIF download issue into budget programs and you refuse or are not quickly taking action to resolve? This issue has been since March 2017. We use our Chase Credit card for everything. Issues like this really makes an unhappy customer. And with all the other choices I can go to, your lack of response makes me want to choose another bank to give my business too. I can also see from your overall review of a 1 star from ConsumerAffairs that customer satisfaction is not your number 1 priority. I hope that you take time to make this right for myself and all the others having the same problem.

I applied for a credit card previously and was rejected due to insufficient credit history. Unfortunate, but understandable. I fixed the issue, and now have a long credit history and an excellent credit score; surely I should qualify, right? Wrong. Upon this second rejection I immediately called up their reconsideration line and was greeted by a customer service rep called Jeremiah who spoke very quickly and with a haughty tone. After he repeated himself several times I finally was able to make out "too few revolving credit lines to establish a credit history". I didn't know what this meant, so I asked "so, basically insufficient credit history still?" His response was a very miffed sounding, "well you're welcome to your opinion".

I reworded the question several times and could hear his already thin patience dwindling to nothing, so I finally just flat out said, "I don't know what that means". After he grudgingly explained it as quickly and with as little detail as possible, I asked him if there was anything I could do to resolve the issue. He just said snippily "that's up to you". Context: My entire family uses Chase Bank and I have been their customer for years. This is how they treat long standing customers?

Compare Banks & Credit Unions