Chase Bank

Chase Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Chase Gallery (6)

Top Chase Bank Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

I have no complaints about this bank's service (aside from my home town refusing to allow them to do business here) except when it comes to asking questions to customer service regarding mobile deposits...

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 number, Nattalie showed me true customer service at my local branch…

Chase credit cards

Chase credit cards come with a variety of bonus offers, rewards, perks and benefits. Chase cardholders get 24/7 account access through the Chase Mobile app, free credit scores through Credit Journey and access to Chase’s Ultimate Rewards programs.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
    • Travel
    • 50,000 points*
    • $450 annual fee
    Learn more
    chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
    Best flat-rate rewards
    Chase Freedom Unlimited
    • Cash back
    • $150 bonus*
    chase freedomRecommended Credit:
    Good
    Best cash back rewards
    Chase Freedom
    Best flat-rate business card
    Chase Ink Business Unlimited
    • $500 bonus*

*See terms and conditions

Compare Chase credit card offers against alternatives by category:

About Chase Bank services

In addition to credit cards, Chase offers a variety of financial services, including checking and savings accounts, business banking, credit cards and mortgages

• Checking accounts: Chase offers three types of checking accounts: Chase Total Checking, Chase Premier Plus Checking and Chase Sapphire Checking. All checking accounts come with Chase Online Banking and online bill pay. Monthly fees range from $0 to $25.
    • Savings accounts: Chase Savings and Chase Premier Savings accounts both earn interest. Monthly services fees range from $0 to $25.
    • Business banking: Chase Bank offers business checking, merchant services, small business credit cards and business lending.
    • Mortgages: Homebuyers can obtain ARM, FHA and VA mortgage loans through Chase Bank. The company also offers refinancing and home equity line of credit options.
    • Planning and investments: A Chase advisor can help develop a financial strategy for your future.
    • Car loans: Clients can get an auto loan for a new or used car through Chase Auto Preferred.

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: July 3, 2020

I have been a Chase commercial and personal banking customer for approx 40 years + in the Woodbury NY Branch. I have always been treated with professional respect and courtesy and in particular the current team and manager (Ramen **) have been extra considerate during the Pandemic crisis. The team is personal and caring. They have always advised me to the best route to follow in with my banking options, always considering what is the best priority for me and my business. I appreciate Chase's dedication to my banking needs and community here in Woodbury NY.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I have been a Chase customer for over 5 years as well as a customer for other banks throughout the years. From my experience with many different banks, Chase is by far the best. From the friendly and helpful customer service, to the no-fee accounts, to the ease of access on their app... Everything about Chase is so wonderful. They want their people to be happy and feel secure-you can tell by the way they go above and beyond to make sure their customers are satisfied. Friendly, fast, efficient, secure & understanding - those are the words I would use to describe Chase banks employees and Chase Bank as a whole. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I came into town in St. Louis Park, Minnesota and had no appointment; was on a time schedule and the staff here at Chase location 5330 Cedar Lake Rd. Suite 600 was well discerning and cooperative with my needs and made accommodations for me to be worked into an appointment that evening at 3pm on 05/06/20.

Mind you I arrived at about 1pm with no appointment at all. ** assisted me by taking action copying my documents and worked me in an unscheduled appointment with Private Clients Banker Larissa A. Oliphant. It showed exponentially per her professionalism streaming down into the staff! I'm very grateful!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Chase Bank 18320 Preston Road Dallas Texas 75252 have a great branch manager ** who has a great personality and very well trained. Under ** leadership she has ** and ** whom are excellent employees who treat clients and customers with the highest respect, these employees' personalities are amazing and they only strive to give and provide the best. I would like these employees and this office to be recognized. I'm Keisha **. I had a great experience with all employees. Thanks employees of Chase for the outstanding work you all are doing for Chase and customers.

Original review: July 31, 2019

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 number, Nattalie ** showed me true customer service at my local branch. She listened, empathized, and did her absolute best to help solve my issue. I can’t thank her enough for connecting with me, truly listening and acknowledging me, and keeping my faith in Chase. I have been there since 1993 when it was Bank One, and because of Nattalie, I will continue my loyalty.

Original review: July 10, 2020

So I opened a checking account with Chase last Thursday. I received a wire deposit the following Tuesday but I’m unable to send money deposit money or anything else with the account. Next day I go up to the bank and they give me a 1800 number to call and the representative tells me that the account is not ending closure and that I would need to go back up to the bank to verify myself. Not informing me that amid the virus, you have to schedule a meeting online.

Long story short, I show up the next day and talk to some other woman because the lady I set the appointment with had left for the day. I tell her that my account is closing and I want to know what will happen to my money, she then looks into her computer and asks me who sent me the money and how do I know them and all this other nonsense. I had sent the money myself once I opened the account and it took 4 days to get there. The account is still closed but the balance is still there. I’m planning on calling tomorrow. Is there anything I need to look forward to? Are they gonna keep my money?

Original review: July 8, 2020

Was considering refinancing my mortgage since interest rate was at all time lows. I decided to apply with Chase Bank for a refinance loan since, I was already a Customer for over 10 years. Got connected with the office in Phoenix Arizona. Now with a credit score of over 800 from all 3 credit bureau. I expedited all requirements but was continuously being challenge to meet other requirements. I thought something did not smell right. I keep asking, "When were these rules changed?" The person I spoke with said, "The changes were just made like just now." I asked if I could see the documentation with the changes and was told they are for internal use only and could not be shared..So I asked 'does this have something to with my race.' This person minimize me and left me feeling so deflated and, went off saying I was pulling the race card and told me that I basically have no rights and that my application was denied.

I reached out to a second person at Chase who contradicted what I was told prior. I asked for them to review the recordings of those conversations since I was told all calls are recorded. I told them the proof would be on those recordings. I got a call from Chase saying they will investigate and get back to me between 3 and 4 days.... It's been almost 2 weeks now.... Still waiting....

Original review: July 8, 2020

My elderly parents wanted to open an account, I went twice before to find out what was needed. They didn’t open the account and they didn’t give me the right information on what I need to bring. This is after I had told them of my parents age and my dad is bedridden. I went another bank and was treated with dignity and managed to open a bank account with no problems. Also the option of opening a bank account online and earning 200$ as they advertised didn’t work. It failed to process three applications. When I went in the bank they were incredibly uncooperative and didn’t want to help me to figure out the issue which is when I decided not to open a account with them. Pathetic terrible service.

Original review: July 8, 2020

So I just opened a Chase account 3 weeks ago. Put money on it the next day. When my direct deposit hit yesterday, it's showing pending until today. I went to the bank to withdraw money because I haven't received my pin number for my debit and they were asking me for my business license. First off, I opened a personal checking account and why am I being asked to provide business license? I can't even use my own money that I worked hard for because they're insisting I show proof of my business. This is **.

Original review: July 7, 2020

So I opened a checking and a savings account with Chase on June 8th, 2020. I had been let go from my job and had taken the whole of my 403b retirement account with me - thousands of dollars. I deposited it into the savings. I deposited 2 other checks into new check account, equaling about 2k. This was a Thursday. On Sunday, I set up the app, password and all that wanting to see if checks had posted and all is good. Immediately it says my account is suspended. WTF? I wait till Monday morn and call branch/personal banker who set up my account. He looks into it and can not find out reason why, but says that yes indeed the account has been closed. Great, I go to bank to cash out - they give me the money for the 2k, but say they can’t cash the larger check yet, as they need to wait on verification. Ok seems reasonable, I wait. And wait. And wait.

Long story short, it’s been a month now, and they still have my retirement money. I have been into the bank 3 different times - only to be told 1) "The check's in the mail," 2) "There is nothing I can do to help you, it’s under review," or 3) "We are waiting on it to be paid by the issuing bank." I call the issuing distributor of funds and they tell me the check cleared on June 12th. They are totally lying to me! Repeatedly! There is no check in my mailbox. There is no problem with the check! There is no problem at all! WTF is going on here? Give me my money!! I have called countless times. They either drop the call or have no answers. They pass the buck, they lie!!!

On top of all of that, the reason they closed my account is still a mystery. I received the Experian report - there is nothing on it that justifies their decision. ALSO, they have literally sent me a paper letter, or an email everyday since this started, with various random messages. One day it’s, "Account closed due to you not providing the info we asked for”, the next it’s, "You have a 4:30pm conference call meeting, with so and so and so and so on the calendar”, and the date they say the meeting is on is YESTERDAY, and I have not been advised of any such meeting! The next day it’s, "Your account is not closed, it’s under review”. Then it’s "We have decided t keep this account open on a probationary status.” Then, “When you receive your Debit card, promptly destroy it, as your account is closed.”

This is obviously ridiculous and I am well past want of banking with them even if they offered me a huge incentive. They have no substantial reason for treating me this way - or anyone for that matter. I am powerless as no one seems to be able to help me get my hard-earned money back, and when I call the banks VP, 3 or 4 times now - emails too, no response. I am livid. My car payment was late, my rent was paid due to help from my parents, and I’m starting to think this is real. They have stolen my money!

Filed a formal complaint with the FDIC last week, then someone from Chase called Friday from the “complaint dept” and I missed the call. When I returned call, 20 min later - I left a message. No response. I called again Today - Monday. No one there again. Wow. I am truly speechless. I have cried more than once. I have spent hours on phone, in lines at bank, at desks talking to people who finish the conversation with - “I assure you, the check is in the mail. 10 business days at most”. Another 10 have gone by.

What do I do!? I’m unsure of what to do anymore. I’m so stressed out about it, I just can’t believe this. Has this ever happened to anyone else? What is my recourse? I feel like they owe me not only my retirement money - which is not that much - but it’s what I’ve saved the last 2 years - close to 10k, but damages for putting me out, m late car payment fee, the embarrassment and stress of having to borrow money because of them. Luckily I have options. But if I didn’t, what would of happened then? Get evicted? Lose my car? How can they not be held accountable for the ** they are dragging me through? I am unemployed. I am waiting on benefits like a lot of people. Yes the Covid virus has slowed down the machine. But come on, that excuse is getting old. Give me my money ya old **! I hate that I’m so powerless. Thanks for listening. Thanks for listening.

Chase Bank pros and cons

Chase Bank offers many financial services. It’s easy to open an account, and many new customers qualify for sign-up bonuses and rewards. There are a few things to consider before deciding if Chase Bank is right for you, however.

Pros

• Thousands of branch and ATM locations
      • Bonuses for new customers
      • Online banking through Chase Mobile app
      • 24/7 customer service
      • FDIC insured

Cons

• Monthly service fees on some accounts
      • $2.50 charge to withdraw funds from non-Chase ATMs
      • Variable interest rates
      • Does not have physical locations in every state

Chase author review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Almost half of America’s households use Chase Bank’s services.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for its products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking, including mobile and online banking, e-pay and account alerts.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers and business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest-earning accounts.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor