1.17/5

Chase Bank

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

Chase Gallery (6)
View More View More

3337 Chase Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 31, 2019

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 number, Nattalie ** showed me true customer service at my local branch. She listened, empathized, and did her absolute best to help solve my issue. I can’t thank her enough for connecting with me, truly listening and acknowledging me, and keeping my faith in Chase. I have been there since 1993 when it was Bank One, and because of Nattalie, I will continue my loyalty.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Dalton was the best customer service rep. I have ever experienced.He had a smile in his voice. He made me feel as if he would take care of all my anxiety concerning my account. He did exactly that. He made me want to call everyone and tell them to switch to Chase bank because they actually care. After the exchange I asked to speak to his supervisor. His name was Damion. He told me this was the second praise he received that day concerning Dalton in Arizona. I found the manager, Damion to be just as pleasant as Dalton was. I persisted to ask for his supervisor. When I was informed he was not there I made up my mind to write this review.

I love Chase bank, because of the customer service. I do not have a lot of money but they treat me like I am their most prized customer. I would recommend this bank any day of the week. If you want a bank that makes you feel important whether you have 5 dollars or 5000 dollars this is the perfect bank. Thank you, Barbara **, Texas.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2019

My bank ATM card hacked multiple times and it’s from Itunes all the time. I will call customer service and they will ask about what happen then send me a new ATM card, and today it happened again and this is my 4th ATM card. As usual, I called Chase customer service, same process.. but this time I went to the bank and spoke with one of the Representative, his name is Edson ** (Chase Branch, Oakhills Shopping Center in Bailey Rd, Pittsburg California), he was great and very helpful! He called someone from Chase regarding my claim report and asked all the questions I’m concerned about. He even pulled my bank history and gave me all the advice. He told me that it was all FRAUD. He took his time to help me out! Thank you Edson! I really appreciate your help!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I was laying down on my bed today super depressed when a Chase customer service staff with Staff ID ** called me just to check on how I was doing with my new account. I have been a Chase customer for more than 6 years. Not one day has any staff called. It is true the staff called to know the new account he opened was going. I say thank you to you for reaching out when you did and been my MVP customer service agent of all time.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Chase is not a perfect bank but it is a good bank. They have convenient hours and great locations. They also offer state of the art services that help you avoid standing in line. You can easily make check and cash deposits and get bills in any denomination you choose without ever having to speak to a teller. The mobile app is great too. You can easily transfer funds and set up to be notified of any account activity immediately as it occurs. At my local branch the customer service agents are friendly and helpful. I am typically leery of banks in general but I do feel somewhat secure with Chase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Chase makes it a point to block my YouTube Subscription charge every month, making me have to call their customer support to unblock the card so I can then (after 36 minute call with dozens of verifications) pay US$5 to keep my YouTube Premium going. Every month! They consider google an "untrusty" vendor! OMG! Guess who I would rather keep? Chase or my YouTube Premium account?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

This is without a doubt the WORST bank I've ever dealt with. From rude, uninformed, and indifferent Customer Service Reps who all give a different explanation depending on who you get to mind numbing hurdles to jump through to get to a competent human being who can address where their automation creates obstacles or inconsistencies in how they're processing transactions all in an effort to extract fees out of the customers they say they care about, of which I don't buy any of that. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Chase. I just signed up with another big bank competitor of theirs. Not expecting much but maybe it's the lesser of two evils.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I wrote out a check to Capital One for my credit card payment. The check was stolen and an individual put it into her account. I am being given the run around by Chase. The money was taken out on June 3, 2019. I found out on June 29 that the credit card company did not receive payment. I tried from June 20 on to submit the claim. They finally put the claim through on July 10 and now say I have to wait up until 90 days and that is an estimate. They can take longer. The system is severely flawed. You can deposit a check through the ATM or phone and the program does not check the front of the check to where it is being deposited and I am paying the price for this flaw no one gets back to me. I am considering taking them to small claims court. Horrible bank. They do not stand behind their customers.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My family have banked with Chase for years & recommended I use them when I moved to New Orleans. I opened an account & was introduced to the features of mobile deposits. I always sign my checks for deposit only with my account number for a mobile deposit. I was never informed otherwise of anything different. Anyway I deposited a work check from Hancock Whitney Bank on June 10,2019. On July 24th, the funds were withdrawn from my account because someone from Capital One had presented the same check there & it was cashed even though it had for deposit & my signature on it (Somehow this check wasn't destroyed in my shredder or was thrown away). I spent many hours & weeks trying to get my money back. Capital One trace the check back to Chase because my account number was on the back & they gave the funds back to Capital One & then to cover their loss pulled the funds from my account.

Now mind you it's been more than a month since it had cleared from the issuer at Hancock Whitney & in my account. Chase did not bother to call me to send an alert of suspicious fraud but sent a letter out to me that was dated July 24th,2019, the same day I had been in the branch trying to fix this mess. I would not receive a call from the escalation team at Chase for more than a week later. I got different answers from different departments as to what to do. Capital One & Chase were pointing the fingers at each other as to who should be responsible for giving the funds back to me. Meanwhile, my account was severely overdrawn & the fees were accumulating.

I asked that Chase please pay whatever was coming through till the matter was cleared up as I was sure it was a simple misunderstanding. I was informed that I had exceeded the amount of fees & they couldn't do anything to help me & the matter was out of their hands. I would wait another week before the escalation team would get back to me to tell me they're closing the case because they have no proof I wasn't the one committing fraud. I had filed a police report & had met with the issuer of the check & Hancock Whitney Bank in person to prove I was the intended person & Chase was notified of the proof from the bank manager, but said they closed the case.

My bank threw me to the curb in my opinion. They did not follow through to give me the courtesy of a warning of what was happening. I had to borrow money to open a new account at Hancock Whitney so I could make a my car payments & pay the insurances & bills. My bank refused to help me anymore & felt I should be responsible for getting my money back. I felt I was being punished as a child. Yes, the check was not properly destroyed ,but it was signed & had for deposit only on it. All three of us were at fault. Capital One for cashing a signed deposited check to begin with, Chase for not communicating with me to see if I was aware of the fraud & for paying Capital One without proof that I wasn't committing the fraud & me for not destroying the check properly.

So now I'm without the funds & have lost much money that I needed & the stress this has caused & time off from work to meet with the banks has been unnecessary. The was I was treated by my Chase was not good customer service. Don't bank with Chase. They pass the issue along for others to solve instead of looking out for their customers.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My name is Joyce **. I live **. I was at your ATM machine in Chicago IL on Western and Madison street trying to get money from ATM machine about 5:30 AM on 08/09/19. There was so many large RATS surrounding the ATM machine. They were coming out of this patch of grass right in front of your ATM machines I thought they were going to jump on me. I spoke to someone in the bank a year or so ago about this problem, and after that I just stop using this ATM machine for the most part. I was afraid I might get bitten. I have been a customer of Chase Bank for many of years. This is horrible. I will not go there again. Someone from Street and Sanitation should address these issues. Chase Bank your customers should not be subjected to this infestation. Thank You. ** Please let me now when this problem has been resolve.

Chase expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Chase Bank’s reach spans almost half of America’s households.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for their products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking including mobile, online, e-pay, account alerts and more.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers, business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest earning accounts.

• Best for: Chase Bank offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg