1.85/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Chase Bank

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 16, 2017

2748 Chase Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I am a female US citizen robbed while traveling in France with my 11-year-old daughter. I called to cancel my card on Friday. I explained that I had less than $100 and no backup credit card. Also that I would be leaving France and flying to Spain Sunday morning. REP #1 PROMISED delivery of a replacement card within 24 hours. Late Saturday night... NO CARD! Called REP #2. The dumbest person I have ever encountered!! She explained the card was scheduled to arrive Mon night (more than 72 hours after I first called). I told her I was flying to Spain the next morning WITH A CHILD, NO MONEY, AND NO CREDIT CARD. She offered to mail a new card to Spain, but said it could take 5 days to arrive. We were only staying 6 days, so I said no to that, feeling it would not arrive. Her final advice was for extend our stay in France Sun & Mon until the card arrived. I explained that would cost at least $1000. She was "sorry". Yes, she was!!!

I asked what would happen to the card mailed to France. She said if signature was required, it would just be returned to them. If it wasn't, whomever was at the hotel would have it. She didn't know if it would require signature??? They would cancel that card number. Against her brilliant recommendation, we went to Spain as planned. Fast forward to the following Friday, we returned to the US. I called Chase... REP #3 who said the France hotel called and had the card. He said it was canceled since it was not in my possession. He promised delivery of yet another card in 24 hours. It didn't come... LOL. I received emails and discovered that card #2 and card #3 had the same account number. The one sent to France was NOT canceled as both reps said would/did happen.

On Sunday, I called REP #4 who verified they had only mailed a duplicate card. She said that was a mistake on their end. At this point, I was VERY upset. The best she could do was promise delivery of yet another card that would be mailed "expedited shipping" on Monday (tomorrow), but may take up to 3 DAYS TO GET. It is coming from a neighboring stat. A USPS regular 49 cent stamp would get it here in 2 days!!!! So... By Friday, maybe I will have a credit card... 2 WEEKS after reporting it stolen!!!

The worst customer service on earth! I had a child in a foreign country that luckily I fed by ordering take out using PayPal! Otherwise, we would have gone without 4 or 5 meals while my husband wire transferred money to us in Spain! PayPal and Uber provided transportation, thankfully! Unbelievably low levels of intellect in all 4 of these people! BTW, I pay $59 year for this card. I've had it over 20 years. I use it to earn air miles on Southwest. Reconsidering my options!!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Approximately 1 month ago I lost my debit card while out shopping, I realized that when I got home. I tried numerous times to call the bank to cancel the card, I tried for about 45 minutes without ever getting anyone. I went directly to the bank and was told to call the 800 number. They have a total of 2 bankers working and they were both busy. I came home and finally got through to the 800 number to cancel the card. This experience left me so disgusted with their customer service that I went to the bank to close my account. They wanted to charge me to write me a check so I went to my new bank and wrote the check for the remaining amount in my account. They knew I wanted to close the account. I left a zero balance.

Now I get an alert from Chase that my account is overdrawn (I'm not using it) and they are charging me $6.00. I have to make another trip to the bank to tell them to officially close the account, you can't do it online or on the phone. Of course the 2 bankers are busy and I'm told to either make an appointment and close the account or go to another location. This will be my fourth trip to try to take care of this. They have no bankers available to help you and their customer service stinks. I will never use CHASE again. Also I kept quite a large balance in my account, they used my money for 7 years and paid me nothing for interest but when I take my own money out they want to charge me a fee.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Yesterday, I picked up my usual check from a well known contractor, who uses Chase, and then, went to a local branch here in Naples, FL on Pine Ridge and Airport Rd. to cash it. At the teller station, I signed the check (in front of her) and along with giving 3 different forms of I.D. and asked her to please cash it very politely.

She then, says in a rude tone, she cannot cash the check because I am not a Chase customer. I told her that has not been a problem before. The teller looked confused for a moment and then holds my driver's license up and says, Hmmm... your I.D. looks like might have been altered". I said, "Well, my driver's license is a little worn out from the many years but, readable and valid form of I.D. plus I have other forms of I.D. here for you?"

She then runs my check through a machine that printed a bunch of codes with the words, "endorsement canceled" and says the system flagged my check as "potential fraud". At this point, I asked to speak to the manager. The manager, Kristin, finally comes to the teller station and was also very rude and condescending and says, "No, we cannot cash it." I asked them to please call the Chase customer to verify the check but, she refused to. They could have easily called for verification as other banks have done before.

So, first the reason was that I'm not a Chase customer. Then, the reason was because of potential fraud, and to top it off, they printed a red flag on the back of my hard earned check making it impossible for me to cash at my own bank! I had a hard time depositing it as my bank put a hold on it because of this nonsense at Chase. This was a horrible experience being disrespected by these rude and condescending employees.

As a former Chase Bank customer. This is normal, rude customer service and getting the runaround and different, made up stories depending on who you talk to. Plus, very long holds on deposits, unjustified, excessive overdrafts, etc., etc... My rating is avoid this bank! Very shady, poor, rude customer service! Nobody should be treated this way.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Extreme strict rules for non residents. I had 2 cases with Chase Bank in the last 6 months. 1 - Although I had more than $100K in my account, I wasn't provided with a credit card even with a limit. 2 - I went there with my driving license to open a savings account besides my checking account, and they didn't open. Because I was told to go there with my passport. As a result, they easily lost a customer, if the word CUSTOMER really means something to them.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I disputed a charge at the end of July 2017 for 149 dollars. Chase credited my account and said if they needed anything else they would email me and mail me a letter regarding the claim. I heard nothing from them until I checked my account and I was overdrawn 149 dollars for the money they gave me. Remind you this is now October and I have not received ANYTHING from Chase. I called and they said the company credited my money back in September so since it was their money they took it.

I looked at all my email and everything and I had nothing from them. So there goes 149 that I could have just given them if they would have just done their job and told me what was going on. So now I'm overdrawn in my bill account because they just randomly took my money 2 months later. They won't even send me proof that they sent any correspondence with me. So once I pay this and dispute my overdraft fees Chase will no longer be associated with me and I will tell everyone they are sneaky thieves.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

At one time in the past Chase was a good, customer oriented banking institution HOWEVER, not anymore! Despite the fact that a number of years ago they attempted to raise my fixed interest rate from 7.99% to 29.9% variable. A simple letter to The Comptroller of The Currency took care of that... I still have a fixed 7.99% rate on my credit card (although I never use it anymore). Now their customer service has hit the bottom of the dark deep pits of Hades. Their IT/Web department is an absolute joke and their customer reps and all their canned answers are worthless. If you keep on raising cane, you get to talk to "The Executive Office," let me change that to ARGUE with the Executive Office... And I'm talking simple issues that they absolutely refused for months to correct telling ME it was my fault and my computer and blah, blah, blah.

After months of arguing and bombarding them with messages they finally fixed the issues on 3 separate logins! They restricted our information so we didn't know our balances or transactions and the list goes on. They are unprofessional and technically inept and they show it by consistently and constantly telling you to "clear your cache" and wanting YOU to call THEM so they can troubleshoot your issue... An issue that ONLY Chase has, 6 other institution's websites work perfectly, your machine works perfectly, etc. DO NOT LET THESE FOOLS GET YOU TO WORK ON YOUR MACHINE!!! You won't be happy with the outcome! BTW, I ended up with these fools having my mortgage because COMPASS BANK sold it to them. I don't even know why Compass is still doing business but that's another review.

CHASE refuses to acknowledge, apologize, or compensate a 15+ year customer for all the frustration and hassle the customer, ME, went through. My answer to them? I don't use their products anymore and if there was a way, I would move my mortgage somewhere else but the Feds removed that ability from us. Go get an American Express card that offers 6% cashback on groceries up to $6000, 3% at gas stations and department stores no cap, 1 % everywhere else. Yes not EVERY place takes it but AMEX has great customer service and cashback is all year long versus having to opt in every quarter. This institution has gotten way too big and since they participated in TARP bailout, they think they are absolutely bulletproof, and unfortunately seems they are. Only the customers can get rid of them by getting rid of their products and boycotting that git, Jamie Money-monger Dimon and his cronies.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Liz and Sheena with Chase Bank Customer Service were extremely unhelpful in resolving an issue of a Lost Card. Liz completely refused to report the card lost even after the customer informed her that it was. Chase Bank refused to help. They leave it up to the customer to fix their problems. Chase Bank Customer Service is the type of establishment people are talking about when they mention how bad customer service has become in the banking industry. JP Morgan is by far one of the worst financial institutes in America today.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I've been a Chase customer for over 2 years now and everything was good at first until this year. MANY things started going downhill. First of all I MUST advice that even if your paycheck has funds, that doesn't mean your funds will be available immediately. That's a common process and the funds are usually available the next day. I get pay every Friday bi-weekly so I have the habit of depositing my paycheck the next day Saturday morning because normally the funds are available the same day which is fine. But all the sudden it has backfired. Is out of random chance that from now on they decide when to let go of your funds. In my case for example it won't be available until the 11th of October and deposited today October 7th Saturday morning.

What is more upsetting is when the customer service LIES into your face by saying that if you deposit money on a Saturday is not available right away which is a HUGE ** LIE!!! If that was true, I would of not ever deposited all my other checks on a Saturday morning. My bosses have CHASE as their primary bank for their small business so they a being a Chase regular customer and getting pay with a Chase check DON'T MEAN **. Anyways I am done with this Bank. As soon as my funds are available I'm moving on to another bank. This is the 7th time this happens to me.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Has anyone with multiple accounts, mixed personal and business accounts, experienced cross overs of the data? Example, a signer on a credit card for a business account has their personal checking account tied to the online platform. Another example, my business partner's personal debit card transactions started text messaging me (out of the blue) his personal transaction records, on my cell phone. Chase seems to have a MAJOR problem on their hands, and it seems like no one is paying attention.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

After rushing to the ATM when I got off work at 11 o’clock at night To make a deposit and put my account in good standings I then wake up the next morning to two overdraft fees because it was 11:10. Last time I tried moving money over and received overdraft fees they told me it was because it didn’t hit until 2 o’clock in the morning and midnight was the cut-off. All of their rules seem to change often on when cutoffs are for money deposits. I also have an ATM receipt showing me last night that I had a positive available balance and present balance yet they still decided to charge me the fees. I don’t recommend Chase Bank because they will steal your money at any chance they can get.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I did NOT choose Chase. I don't bank with them locally, I don't finance loans or mortgages with them (because they suck). But yet, my loans get sold to Chase. And then I'm forced to do business (for uh, 30 years) with a soul-crushing company that cannot be bothered to pick up the damn phone. It's ridiculous that if you are to request a pay-off so that you no longer have to do business with this awful bank that you must get it by fax or snail mail. Then you can only mail in a check or do a wire transfer. What is this 1990?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

This bank has turned into a nightmare! My wife got a new job and they let her first check go through no problem. So Friday she got her 2ND check and we deposited it as usual. Each day the money wasn't there. We were getting worried. Come to find out they put a 2-week hold on it so now all my bills coming through are getting NSF fees and why? Because THEY decided to put a hold on it! The "loss prevention people" are very hard to understand and are less than sympathetic.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

After having all of our business and personal banking accounts with Chase, and even making the transition once they acquired Bank One we have had enough. They keep changing their policies on fees, and overdraft coverage and fee reversal. After speaking with three customer service representatives and supervisors this morning we've had enough. I was told different information by three different people, told different times and charged a $67.42 overdraft fee for a $10.00 charge. Yet there was $50 in my account. After this and their blatant lack of customer service, we will be closing all of our personal accounts (4) and all of our business accounts (2). I will gladly take our banking business and investments to their competitor.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I'm fairly new with Chase. I would say about less than a year. I recently had someone try to use my card in another state so of course I get an email from Chase or text asking if I authorized this. I said no. During this time I went into the branch to do a name change and get a temporary card while my new card came in the mail. Well every time I tried to use my temporary card at the atm it would advise, "Please call customer service". Which customer service would say it was the machine. Then I would go to a different machine and it would advise of the same issue. Then they would transfer me to their fraud department. I would have to do their system verification with a call which is annoying and a lengthy process. Come to find out I couldn't take out money every time with that card because the system flagged it as a warning that it may be fraudulent.

I was so tired of this after a week, having to call this bank every other day. Each time they had to remove the flag. So I was fairly pleased when I received a new card. For starters new card had my maiden last name on it. And every other merchant went to would decline my card. Embarrassing having people tell me every time like at Target and the 99 cent store telling me, "Sorry ma'am the card was declined". I have money in there. Otherwise I wouldn't be buying stuff.

Here I went for another week calling the bank. Saying, "Again!! It's the machine", I told the representatives, "How could it be the merchant's machine when I just saw a Chase customer use their card and 7 other people on that machine I just used." Back to the fraud department they sent me. Once again her. I had to do phone verification and was advised that the system flags possible fraud. I told them I don't understand. For starters this didn't happen with my first card. And they said that the card doesn't recognize the merchant yet. That just sounds stupid.

So at this point I needed to have them issue me another card because of my name change and the lady said I could use the same card number just will issue the card with my new last name, then a week went by no card came. Come to find out the system wasn't updated and I can't have the same card number, they were going to have to issue me a completely new card. So at this time I've invested two weeks of a headache. I don't want to have to go through the same issues with another card.

I get that you want to protect my identity but I can't even enjoy using my card. So this is just a bad customer experience. And all I get is, "I am sorry for all your trouble". So I am just going to have to consider a different bank. Chase let me down after I had hear so many positive things about them. And maybe this is just my experience. But word of mouth is a powerful weapon and people I know now do not want to bank with Chase. And neither do I.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Teller at Pico & La Ceinga Blvd branch - File a complaint on the teller and there is 2 other teller was working. A female Hispanics teller help me a month ago. I wrote a huge letter in the withdraw slip. I refuse to rewrite it to fix in the box and neat. I rewrite it again, I ask for all pennies, dimes, nickels and quarter as she was being rude to me as well. As she ready to count the coin for me. I decide to deposit my withdrawal to redeposit it. She state I took the coin that I didn't touch. She would provide me service. I have to wait for minutes for a manager to help me withdraw the funds I came in for. Also say manager on duty. I reply there is another assistant on duty. I file a complaint to all 3 tellers.

Today 9/27/17 I went back to the same Chase branch. She remember no teller want to help me, skip me, call senior teller to wait for the manager to assist me. While I call Chase Call Center Manager to file a complaint. All the teller was socializing and don't want to help me. The same manager on duty give me option to take money from the ATM machines. Which I don't want to because it can't give coins. Very bad customer service. Or refuse me to complete my transaction slip. Have to stay 30 minutes and not get exactly money I came in for. No punishment to the teller.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Seems things are getting worse with Chase. I just recently deposit a check at the ATM because it's more than the amount allowed through my phone. $200 was available right away, the rest has a 2-day hold. No problem. Two days later I got an email and also a letter saying they changed the hold to now 9 days... OK, I can wait, but at be honest first instead of two days later changing it... note this is a check from the same person I had in the, no issue before, just now. Second, I tried to use my Chase card with an online shop I used in the past a few times with no issues. They blocked it and called me to unblock so I can use it again or in the near future.

Today I order from the same shop again. Guess what, blocked again. Got a missed call with the same heavy Indian accents from the last time that claim to have fixed the issue. Now asking me to call back to have the block remove... What a waste of time and effort. Do they block so much now and make you waste your time calling in for nothing??? Their online message respond is just copy & paste and for sure not read the message at all to begin with. No help at all. Total waste of time and so useless!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

A Chase ATM malfunctioned while I was depositing three checks. While they were able to locate two of the checks, the third check, which was for over $3,000 was destroyed or lost by Chase. The burden of proof and responsibility of rectifying this situation fell upon me alone. Chase was NO help. The "trained" professionals in their "claims department", when not leaving me on hold for 20 minutes at a time, provided me with conflicting and confusing information. One representative went so far as to accuse me of running some sort of scam with the missing check. The check was issued by my employer, a public school district! Since I am not involved in some elaborate con-game with the public school that employs me, I was highly insulted by that allegation. In the end, my employer was able to issue me a new check.

However I never received an apology from Chase or an acknowledgment of fault on their own part. Their mistake cost me hours of time and aggravation. The only thing I was guilty of was being one of their customers. I am in the process of moving all of my accounts to another bank and would advise anyone who is with Chase to do the same. Ultimately they lost a check for over $3,000 of my money and then I was responsible for rectifying the situation. If you’re okay with incompetence, Chase is the bank for you.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I did not know how difficult it is to call Chase Bank and report a lost ATM card. First of all, I logged online to my account and realized chase's system down. I then call the chase (800) 935-9935 and of course it went to Philippine customer service and I have to go thru all my request, verified my info, explained and finally the rep told me the system down and I have to call back later time.

In my mind the rep could have tell me that chase system down at the beginning instead of make me go thru all then cannot help me because chase system down. Throughout the years, I notice chase bank is POOR overall in many ways. You just can't put your money here in invest and growth and bad customer service. I am looking for to bring my business to somewhere else. Consumer, if you are looking to open your account here then this chase bank is not the choice.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Their limit is set to $500 daily withdrawal. Even if you have more money. I have set my direct deposit in this bank, but I also bank with Bank of America, where bill pay feature is much modern. After reducing several times the amount to be withdrawn, while other customers were behind me waiting. I was able to remove $500, next day I called to their customer service to increase the daily withdrawal, but they told me I have to wait till I have that balance in my account to call again. I have never overdrawn my account. I just set up my direct deposit and I wanted to prevent what previously happened to me. As I also bank in Bank of America, I can compare and see their deficiencies on their services.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

So I noticed an unauthorized charge on my Chase account after getting a notification that I couldn't sign in to my account because somebody had tried numerous times with the wrong password. Somebody transferred PayPal funds using their name & my account number. This did not alert Chase to stop the transaction, so I went to the bank and had to close my checking account and open a new one. This is when I was informed that my account was no longer available and that to have a new checking account I had to pay a $12 fee monthly. I said. "Wait a minute somebody hacked into my bank account and now you're going to penalize me after you allowed it to happen?" So basically, yep... my job doesn't provide direct deposit and they refused to take responsibility and waive the fees. $12 a month x 1 million people. That's a lot of money. I can't believe they're penalizing me because somebody hacked their system.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I am a victim of harassment, discrimination and bullying by Chase. On August 19th, I discovered that my Chase Debit card was blocked. I phoned Chase several times and continued to be rerouted to their Fraud Division Customer Service Dept. which is handled through the Philippines! I was not given a reason as to why my card was blocked. However, I was told that I would have to provide the Chase Rep. with photocopies of 2 forms of ID and a photocopy of the front and back of my Chase Debit card... I was informed that the photo would have to be clear enough so that they could read the numbers on the front and the 3-digit security code on the back!

I refused to comply. I was asked if I could provide addresses where I lived when I was young. I AM 51 YEARS OLD! I was also asked if I knew the names of any bank managers where I did my banking. I BANK EXCLUSIVELY ONLINE. Nonetheless, I returned home and continued to press the matter with other Chase customer service agents via my cell phone and ultimately was able to get the block removed. Albeit, I was forced to miss work for 3 days because of the inability to use my Chase Debit card. (I am a Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant and flying across the nation and spending nights in various hotels, I MUST have access to my Chase Debit Card). I received a phone call from Chase Executive Office and was informed that my complaint was researched and resolved... My card was unblocked and usable and my case would be closed.

However, as of today, September 10th, I discovered that my Chase Debit Card is once again BLOCKED FOR NO REASON! It comes less than 12 hours after my case (complaint against Chase Fraud Division Customer Service) was closed. I am once again having to forego 3 days of work and pray that this issue gets resolved by Monday. I have begged for Chase to unblock my card. I have over 2000.00 in my checking account. I do not keep cash in my wallet, so I am dependent upon my Chase Debit card.

I was told once again to submit photos, etc. but this is fraud. Chase Fraud Prevention Customer Service is only angry because I sent a complaint letter to Chase Executive Offices. This is retaliation which is clearly fraudulent and illegal. I've since tried to unblock my card but again Chase Fraud has even blocked my ability to contact any other department except theirs. ALL of my Chase contact numbers are rerouted through the Philippines or on Sunday before noon (India).

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Customer service through the "claims" department is the most horrible I have ever experienced. Their ATM took my SCHOLARSHIP check and they failed in every area to be responsive and helpful in the situation. They have no knowledge of the system they and cannot provide the customer with any detailed information other than it is "being investigated." I told them that there was no investigation needed because it was their machines mechanical error and someone just needed to go to the ATM and get the check.

I have been on the phone with them multiple times, most of the representatives are in the Philippines and have little knowledge of how banking in the U.S. works and often have very poor English skills. They referred me to their 'escalations' department because I was distraught about the situation and they continued to tell me how there was nothing they could do and that it would take 10 business days! One representative even stated that the "legally" had until 10 days after I called a week after the incident, meaning I could be waiting even longer and they cared less about getting the situation taken care of quickly.

Like so many on here, I am shocked that one of largest banks in the country would be so apathetic about helping a student who basically had their scholarship monies disappear into one of their ATMs. I am leaving and going to another bank. All people considering switching to Chase should think twice. The second anything goes wrong, they will fail you and treat you poorly in the process. They care less about their customers, I guess this what happens when companies get that big.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I opened a checking and savings account with Chase Bank in Bayport a over a week ago. Both the deposit slips were filled out incorrectly by the banker which led to the teller depositing the money & checks incorrectly and left me short $2,000. I have been more than patient with them trying to correct this issue but every time I am told something, they don't follow through and here I am still without my money to pay my mortgage this month.

They put another expedited claim through and told me I would have an update and it should be resolved today. Today I receive a call from the banker who messed this up in the first place stating they figured it out but it will take another 5-7 business days to get my money back. The crazy part is the whole deposit was cash and they are now withholding my cash because they messed up. I am beyond frustrated and now freaking out to try to be able to pay all of my bills for the month and still have money to support my 5 month old daughter and household.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

A few years back I opened a student checking account for both of my daughters. I have been with Chase for about 6 years and been very happy with the experience until recently. My oldest daughter is 19 and works two jobs and is not big into technology. Since her account is linked to my account I periodically check the account to make sure everything is okay. Recently there were three withdrawals made out of her account and large sums and by the time I realized something was wrong and alerted her, Chase stated that she took too long to respond even with a police report and are now expecting her to pay for the withdrawals even though it was not her who withdrew the money. This was a learning account which is why it is called a student account and yet they expected her to behave like an adult that it had an account for 10 years. This is a 19-year old that works two jobs and again is not big on technology.

They were very rude and did not try to work with us whatsoever even with a police report. They then claimed that they never received the report number even though we walked physically into a branch and the lady told us that she would fax over the information to corporate. They said it was still our responsibility to go back and do it again! I am extremely disappointed with how they handled the situation. And frankly I would rather pay an attorney $900 than to give them $900 that we never withdrew... this is precisely why so many of my friends have rebelled against banks and reverted back to old-fashioned ways of monitoring their money...

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I went into Chase Bank today to open checking and savings accounts. It's over 100 degrees in San Francisco today and I have a broken ankle so I have to use crutches. I decided to get some shopping done before going into the bank, making that my last stop. However, while I shopping my phone was stolen and because of the time it took to file a report I didn't get to the bank until 325pm. I was told that because of the time it takes to open 2 accounts and that the bank closed at 400pm I should come back the next day. Though the heliport threw in a very snotty, "And make sure it's not right before closing time."

I explained that my phone had been stolen so it would be nice if she could call a taxi for me but apparently the teller phones don't have access to outside lines but security could call. I walked to the front, where the security guard was playing a game on his phone, and explained my situation to which he said, "We're not supposed to make calls for anyone, and I don't know the number anyway." I told him that I knew the number but he still insisted that he couldn't make calls but maybe the library would. Basically, that I could walk on my crutches across 4 lanes of traffic on one of the busiest streets in the city to get there. Really?! Because I did not have a phone and because I have a mobility impairment, too bad for me, I guess. Well too bad for you, I'll open my accounts elsewhere!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

My name is Rick ** and I was a member of Chase Bank for the past 20 years. I was brutally accused of a crime in which the defendants in which are employees of the Chase Bank (Located on Crenshaw & Vernon) viciously accused me of (Groping an Employee of that branch). The situation began on August 10, 2017 as I was making a routine deposit into my bank account using the ATM machine located inside the entry lobby. I then decided to get some information about starting a second chance account for one of my friends and colleague based on their need to have a functional bank account needed before signing up for a modeling agency. I was greeted by one of the bank personnel after signing in at the front of the bank lobby. After going into the cubicle of this bank employee I began asking general questions about this second chance opportunity for my friend to start her account.

I was given very little information from this employee in response to my questions so I decided to take matters into my own hands and call my friend and have her come down to the bank and get her account started. I politely left the cubicle and began making my call to this person when within a matter of seconds I was approached by a bank security guard demanding in a rather loud tone for me to leave the bank. A bit startled I wasn’t even sure he was speaking to me as I continued speaking with my friend over the phone. I was then asked again to leave the bank by that same security guard, then knowing that this message was meant for me. As I shut down my phone call to my friend I noticed that the Branch Manager had approached me as well yelling for me to leave the bank. I then became a bit more defensive in asking what the reasons were for them to confront me to leave the bank.

I was told from both the security guard as well as the Branch Manager that I was being accused of touching an employee of their bank inappropriately. I was not only feeling very embarrassed but extremely offended from these accusations. I demanded the Branch Manager to please review the cameras and they will indeed see that they were making a mistake in these accusations and explained that I would not leave this bank until I was satisfied that this accusation was cleared up either by speaking with their employee and looking at the bank video or by call the police and allowing them to look at the video. The Manager replied that he was already going to call the police in which my response was that I would wait for them to arrive so that I could clear this situation and to prove my innocence of this situation.

As I awaited the arrival from the LAPD the manager never came to me and acknowledged looking at the bank video. I began wondering if the Police were ever called due to the time in which I sat around waiting. I waited approximately 1 hr & 30 minutes for the police to arrive. Finally 2 officers show up with pen and paper asking me what went on. I responded by giving them the same account for my being there as is written in this letter. The officers then went over to the Branch Manager and spoke with him for approximately 10-15 mins. Since I was not involved in that conversation I chose to ask about them looking at the video because that is what I was told they were called for.

The response from the LAPD indicated that they never took a look at the video but rather gave me an excuse from the Branch Mgr. that his employee felt uncomfortable speaking with me about mention of a secondary account conversation and chose not to give me any details about my questions in regards to any information, therefore telling the Branch Manager a complete lie about her reasonings for her discomforts. The reasons for me taking this situation a bit further is to expose this kind of treatment that puts a well meaning customer like myself under this cloud of disgrace at the hands of a disgruntled employee or employees.

Making matters even worse, I called Chase Bank Customer service and asked to be speak to a supervisor who could listen to this complaint and take notes for a possible investigation. I was connected to a supervisor who said that she would be definitely taking notes of what had just taken place within the bank that afternoon. I was also told that someone from her department would be getting back to me within the next 24-48 hours regarding this disturbing news. I was never contacted by anyone for the next few days so I decided to make a follow-up call back to the Customer Service Escalations Supervisor and was told that they were still working on this investigation and that someone would still be in touch with me by phone.

I gave them another 48 hours and then decided that I have had enough and demanded that someone get back with me so that I could follow up on what I needed to do in order for some kind of support in settling this matter. After no response I tried using my debit card to take an Uber only to find out the response from the (Uber App) told me that my card was no longer valid, which threw up a RED flag. I then called (Chase Online Banking) where I was told that I must call a special number the next morning only to find out that my account had been suspended and that I had no choice but to wait and receive my money in 7-10 business days by either a cashier's check or money order from Chase. I was also told that Chase had no obligation to discuss why this matter even occurred.

After banking with Chase for over 20+ years this is their goodbye policy. Not only am I offended and embarrassed as part of this being the outcome of my situation but I plan on taking action against Chase for this sort of reckless behavior from their employees, especially the Branch Manager who could have resolved this matter within minutes just by viewing the video cameras placed all along the inside of the Bank. Shame on J.P. Morgan Chase.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Chase is one of the worse banks to do business with. All they're interested in is your HIGH balances and how much they are going to make off of you, while they rip you off slowly. I was notified of a low balance, and made a deposit within 24 hours, they charged whopping $34 overdraft fee for being overdrawn $15, even though I had made the deposit. Well because they charged this incredible fee, this put my balance down again, and as I was notified of a low balance, and made a deposit to correct this, but no, Chase was not happy they felt the need to charge me more. If being a loyal customer gets you this, then I will move along to another banking institution. I was with Chase when they were Bank One and continued on when Chase merged with them. I have been with them over 20 years. This may be ending soon however. I am considering changing banks. Does anyone have a bank they trust and recommend?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Chase double paid my taxes - told me I have to wait up to 90 days. They made a payment on a mortgage that was paid off. Their 1% cash back program is void if you sell your home even a day before the anniversary date and get a new mortgage with them. They made a payment on a "STOPPED PAYMENT" account. In my opinion Horrible customer service... Do not get your mortgage with them. You will have headaches for months! I am going to refinance asap!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I have been a customer of Chase for over 10 years. I recently found that they have been stealing money from my account. I have a Premiere Checking account. When I opened it there were no fees assessed and there it came with free checks. When they overdrew my account today, I found that they have been taking a $20 fee from my account without asking me or informing me properly! They now want me to change accounts when my terms should be grandfathered in. This is ridiculous! I am considering causing a big stink about this. I am sincerely hoping complaining here in hopes that my issues are finally taken care of.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

The bank shut my account without giving me any reason after I made a cash deposit at branch. They said my account was good then a few hours go by then they closed it down without any reason. Chase needs to close down all locations and go away for good. They suck. They love taking money from people. Whoever invented Chase and owns it does not do a good job at all with his Business. His employees suck. That whole company sucks. The CEO of that company dont do anything Either. GOODBYE CHASE. THANKS FOR NOTHING.

Chase expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Chase Bank’s reach spans almost half of America’s households.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.
    • Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for their products and services.
    • Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking including mobile, online, e-pay, account alerts and more.
    • Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers, business owners as well as typical consumers.
    • Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest earning accounts.
    • Best for: Chase Bank offers suitable banking products for all consumers.
    Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg