Chase Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On Saturday April 8, 2017 I went to Chase Bank ATM Machine to withdraw cash because we were in the process of moving our home that day to a new location and I needed a little bit more money to pay the man and his company for moving my house. Well lo and behold I tried a withdrawal for $300 and it denied the transaction yet took the $300 plus a $3.00 fee for using the ATM so they took $303.00 out my account but the machine DID NOT dispense my cash. So not thinking about anything wrong I initially thought it was just an error so I tried again for $200 and the same exact thing happened. They took $203.00 out my account but DID NOT DISPENSE MY CASH AGAIN.

So I went inside and they said I needed to call the number on the receipt. Well I did that just as told and they told me there was nothing they could do over the phone, to go back inside and talk to the banker. So I did that and I called my bank and my bank told me they needed to issue me a return to my card so then I went back inside and told them what my bank said and was informed that they don't do it like that. That I'd have to call my bank and claim a dispute against Chase Bank all of which could take anywhere from 10-90 days before I could get my $506.00 that CHASE BANK ILLEGALLY TOOK OUT MY ACCOUNT AND WILL NOT RETURN TO ME!!! Now I have a husband and 3 children and for the past week we've been living without electricity and running water because the money Chase Bank stole out my account was to pay for that. And not to mention it didn't just happen to me that day.

While I was in the bank there were at least 6-8 more people that they/ their ATM had done this to. Now this is totally unfair as to I didn't do anything wrong whatsoever but they think they have the right to take people's money and return it when convenient for them. We struggle on a daily basis to make ends meet and to have this bank who claims to put their customers first just hold your money and not return it. I even told them to go review their cameras and see that the machine DID NOT DISPENSE THE CASH and the lady told me, "Oh we believe you." Well if so then give me my $506.00 back so I can get electricity and running water for my kids and me and my husband. This is just utterly ridiculous and very unfair and I will be contacting a lawyer right after Easter so I can recoup my money.

DO NOT AND I repeat DO NOT USE CHASE BANK OR THEIR ATM MACHINE 'cause they will take your money from your account and you will have to wait for your money to be returned!!! It's a shame that my local grocery store was able to better service me than Chase Bank could and I did not get ripped off by the grocery store like Chase Bank did by illegally taking $506.00 from us!!! If anyone else has had this happen to them in the last couple weeks or so I would love to hear your story and how they handled your situation. Chase Bank are liars and thieves in my eyes. I've never experienced anything like this with any other banking facility ever in my life nor have I heard of any such thing before.

Chase took over the loan of my house from another bank. In the past I had automatic payment with the original bank I signed the loan with. Chase took over the automatic payment as well without informing me or asking my permission to charge me directly on my bank account. Since I didn't know about the automatic payment, I always set my monthly check on time. 3 or 4 times in 2016 they cashed the check and triggered the automatic payment in the same day. I ended up paying my loan twice. (The extra money were deducted from the remaining capital I need to pay.) When I asked to refund me about 10K Chase initially said yes and then they refused. 10K are a big deal to me and my family so I filed a complaint to the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau. Chase has score F at bbb.org -- now I know why. I'm in the process of refinancing my loan since I don't want to deal with Chase anymore.

I received a lump-sum of money. I had received CHASE's BONUS OFFERS frequently in my mail. I believed this was a good time to use my BONUS COUPON and went to the CHASE Bank in Culver City -- Jefferson/Slauson Branch and interviewed and was helped by Banker Angel. Among other things I was told that my Social Security Direct Deposit would begin at CHASE automatically in 4-8 weeks because Angel submitted the necessary paperwork. This was March 8, 2017.

Consequently, on my Social Security due date of April 13, 2017 the Social Security Direct Deposit was deposited into my previous Account. Upon approaching and visiting CHASE for hours in conference with Banker Raul where Angel was not available, I was told nothing could be done about my BONUS because my deadline is May 7, 2017 and my Social Security Direct Deposit would not hit CHASE until May 13, 2017.

I cannot believe CHASE wants to actually refuse my BONUS of $300 because CHASE's Banker Angel made the error of not submitting my Request for Transfer of Direct Deposit funds as he promised. I have several accounts with CHASE, including mortgage and credit card. That does not seem to matter with CHASE. CHASE just don't want to honor my BONUS COUPON. What is happening with CHASE? I believe chase has gotten too big, too fast and Public Relations is not one of their goals.

Today 04-13-2017 I went into the Chase Bank at 1697 Pitkin Ave on the corner of Rockaway Ave. the Brownsville branch in Brooklyn NY, to withdraw $6600.00. The teller who assisted me by the name of ** told me she wouldn't be able to give me my money because it hadn't cleared but that I can withdraw 3,000 from the a.t.m or $2,700 over the window. I asked her why and she told me that there were a series of quick pays that hadn't cleared but the 2,700 I had in the account previous could be withdrawn or $3,000 at the a.t.m. I withdrew the 3,000 from the a.t.m. and left, a minute later the fraud department calls asking me if I made the withdrawal and an earlier purchase, I tell her yes. I then ask how much money is in my account to withdraw? She states 2,700, we hang up and I go to the branch on ave. L and Rockaway Parkway where I ask the teller how much am I able to withdraw? He states everything all 3,900.

I then head over to the Brownsville branch and speak to the initial teller who laughs and asks me if I need the manager, I told her to get the manager. The manager ** comes out asking me for my i.d. I hand it to her and she starts walking away so I ask her to let me know what's going on and where she is taking my i.d. She says I have to make some calls and they need your i.d. As I wait she comes out and says the fraud department says I'm not able to override the hold because the money isn't available. I said “ok let me speak to the fraud department,” she goes “they don't speak to anyone” and walks away.

One minute later she comes out and says that the fraud department would like to speak to me, I get on the phone with them and they said that the funds aren't available, I ask the representative whose name is **. “Why am I able to withdraw some of the money from the quick pay if it's not available but not all?” I also stated I spoke to another teller who told me the funds were available, he tells me to hang on one second while he speaks to a manager. When he comes back to the line he asks to speak to Ms. **. I overhear Ms. ** telling him she doesn't feel comfortable giving me the money (MY MONEY). She comes back to me and says “he told me I can give you the money if I know you, but I DON'T KNOW YOU, so I'm not going to give you the money.” I leave the branch and head to the branch in Canarsie on Ave. L and Rockaway Parkway where I was given the remaining balance of 3,600 with no issues.

The discrimination I experienced at the Brownsville branch is disgusting! Because I am a young black woman in a low income community they assumed I was trying to scam them or get over on them. I am an ex chase employee and I know how they operate. Not only did the teller alert the fraud department but the manager as well as the teller refused to let me withdraw my money. I have been a chase account holder for more than 10 years and never been involved in any type of fraudulent scheme. This issue needs to be addressed in its entirety. Discrimination in No way shape or form should be practiced by a business considered to be a staple in the community. I was inconvenienced by having to drive to a total different zip code to withdraw monies that were coming from a legit source when the Brownsville branch is 3 blocks from my home.

Received a $3200 check as payment for a horse that I sold. Deposited it, was told it was fraudulent, they took the check out of my account and then charged me $24.00 for depositing a fraudulent check. When called they left me on hold for 45 min only to tell me that they couldn't help me. What a horrible bank indeed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Mistakenly selected an older balance transfer offer online with a higher fee online than what they are currently offering me at a lower rate. When realizing this and calling Chase immediately to correct the mistake the customer service people told me they will not help me adjust to the better offer they made me and I will have to pay them the higher rate. This was a simple mistake because of a poor web page setup by Chase... You can be sure if they made the mistake in data entry and gave me extra money they would take it back.

It seems to me Chase is intentionally setting up confusing web pages with the hope that consumers pay them more and then they create policies that will not allow for adjustments when consumers realize they have been taken advantage of by Chase. This behavior should criminal if it is not already. I highly recommend staying away from Chase Bank for any banking services.

I took out 2,000 from the ATM inside the branch. When I got home to pay my contractor I was short $560. I called the branch and they said to file a report and gave me an 800 number to call. I called a recorded line and the lady never put a claim in for Me on Friday when I called. Wednesday I decided to call the branch manager and he said there were no notes on my account and had to open a new claim. I called back the 800 number to talk to a supervisor and he said to me that my claimed was declined because I did receive money and they aren't going to credit my account for 2,000. I had to explain for the 3rd time that I'm only looking for the money I was shorted not 2,000.

So as it stands I lost $560 and they are basically calling me a liar. I feel someone had enough time to take the money from the ATM. They had 4 days before they even got notice. So for anyone using chase ATMs, don't take out more than a few dollars. You must wait on the long line. Adam the manager has been nice but the online number doesn't understand English. I asked the manager to review my call and never got a response. I would not recommend Chase. And never use their ATMs. Very disappointed and learnt an expensive lesson.

I had my mortgage with Chase for 6 years. I needed to modify my loan due to an over 200.00 a month increase. After being approved for the modification and told they would tack on the difference to the end of my loan, they sold my mortgage to Carrington "Mortgage". Carrington is not a mortgage company, they are a debt collector. When I started my modification process the woman helping me through the mountain of paperwork told me that if I was not behind on my payments they would not modify my loan. She advised me to skip a payment, so I did. Then 3 months later she advised me to skip another payment. So I did and I was approved.

My payments were lowered from 850.00 to 670.00. Everything went along fine for 6 months then they sold me to a debt collector who forced me to pay all of the money back (over 2k) or they were going to foreclose. And to make matters worse Chase has put these 2 payments they told me to skip on to my credit report making it impossible to refinance with another company. BEWARE of Chase, they will lie. I have filed multiple complaints against them and I will continue to file them. When they contact me they claim they never told me to skip payments! In my experience over the last 2 years with these companies I have realized that they do not care about their customers, they care only about their money. So, I have downloaded an app on my phone that allows ME, the consumer to record all my phone calls to them!!! I am sick and tired of Chase getting away with screwing people!!!

I have been on the phone with this bank for 4 hours and on both Coasts. I even called the 800 number. All I am trying to do is put my husband's name back on our account. We need this to help us get utility help services. The acct. was opened in CA 18 years ago. 3 years ago we moved to NJ. The only reason we kept the acct. in CA is because my husband's VA disability check is directly deposited in there. If we had to move it to NJ, we have already been told it could take a year. We depend on this deposit to pay our bills. We can't go without this money for 1 month, let alone a year.

We are Senior Citizens on a fixed income. I'm disabled and don't drive, let alone have a car. Chase tells me TO ADD MY HUSBAND'S NAME TO THE ACCOUNT, we have to do it in a Chase bank. Guess what? There are no Chase Banks in Southern NJ. Their answer to this is~that we should drive or take a bus 2 1/2 hours to NY for help. Sorry~ this is pure **. As soon as I can figure out a way to get my money to NJ~this bank can kiss my ass. This is beyond bad customer service. It's unacceptable on all levels. Nice way to treat Senior Citizens, and a Vet. Way to go MORONS!!! Let's see how long you continue to treat your customers this way before you are shut down. I guess you just can't fix STUPID!!!

Of course the day I went open an account they were so nice. I told the lady I really didn't want overdraft because of the fees and she said if I put money in savings they would take from it for NSF. So based on that SPECIFICALLY I put money in savings. Sure enough my rent payment met with NSF in my checking and I ended up with fees from the apartment complex because of it - way more than overdraft protection. Call the bank and get sent to someone with an accent that you can't understand. Call back and the people at the bank do NOT CARE about what happened! So much for customer service!! So I had money in the bank and they cost me $200 not doing what I was told would be done and I am not supposed to be upset or CARE! They didn't care and were rude!

Then to top it off the manager that said this to me that talks to many people every day - day after day - is going to say "she wouldn't have said that!" Really? Because I remember one conversation - not many a day for days, weeks and months and I specifically remember it was THE REASON I PUT THE MONEY IN SAVINGS! Once they get you in the door they are RUDE! They do not care if your experience with them costs you money or does anything to upset you or frustrate you! She just flat out refused to do anything and even claimed to be closed at minutes before 6 because I said I was pulling in parking lot! UNBELIEVABLE!

Come to find out after multiple phone calls that YOU NEED OVERDRAFT PROTECTION for them to take YOUR MONEY from YOUR SAVINGS to cover NSF! Well, how the hell am I supposed to know this?! I went by what she told me and she KNEW what I was telling her. She knew what I wanted and she was the one that suggested putting it in savings. IF IT NEEDED ODP to take it why didn't she say something?! So now Chase does NOT HAVE TO CARE OR BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS! I am just SOL and out the fees to the apartment but I HAD THE MONEY IN THEIR BANK! THE BANK THAT MISINFORMED ME AND REFUSED THE FUNDS! Every time I deal with a bank it costs me! Back to credit unions! Never again!

Huntington ended up with a class action lawsuit for what they did to me years ago. They would shift transactions around so they could put them in "tiers" and with ODP if you send a car payment and it's a few dollars shy to cover - they will put that car payment in front of all your small transactions to rearrange them and charge you overdraft fees on all of them rather than the one car payment... the large one. That was a nightmare to close my account and be done with them. And just like this you have NO RECOURSE because this is "their rules" which they know but we don't! Until you are HIT... after pushing papers in front of you and saying you are signing this or that they have the nerve to tell you to go READ all the crap they gave you! I will tell you what... forget it. Dirty business. Not reading!

Better yet - not BANKING with you - going back to a credit union! They aren't trying to steal your money for every fee they can think of! And they are much nicer people! Banks haven't changed! So after a clear conversation with this lady about NSF and putting money in my savings just for that... she is going to say she "wouldn't screw up". Well she did and it cost me and they don't care! That was the only reason I put the money in my savings! I suffer with pain and have trouble staying on top of things and told her that. There was a reason for the savings! I would know it better than her! Why I did it!

So I had to go to a supervisor's supervisor because they don't care. They will say "I am sorry about your experience" but NOT make it right. NOT acknowledge that a person had money in savings and something went very wrong here and choose to overlook it because of their rules that she failed on and assume the customer IS WRONG and the manager would KNOW she did not do this to a person out of all the people she dealt with. She just wouldn't! But I would be lying instead! WITH my money in that account! Proving that something isn't right! No! I am a liar! Ya... I just put a thousand in there and chose to have my rent BOUNCE! Ya! Sure!

To be honest she was NOTHING like she was the first day I went in there and a complete heartless uncaring witch and even tried to talk in a way to upset me MORE! FAIL AT CUSTOMER SERVICE! I wish I didn't trust a bank again! They do NOT care that it is their employee's responsibility to KNOW what is needed or not needed and just fine with the failure falling on the customer as they tell me it was supposed to have overdraft protection! Well, then she should have made that clear! Why would I put money in savings to cover NSF and NOT SET UP WHAT IT NEEDED FOR THEM TO TAKE IT! Treat me like I am a liar!

We have been using Chase bank for several years and have four accounts with them. On Tuesday, 3-28-17 I logged into my accounts and saw that the original account was overdrawn $3900. My wife had been scammed and had deposited a check for that amount from a company then drawn it back out the next day. The overdraft was from that fraudulent check. We went to the bank and explained what happened and told them I would get a check from my 401K and pay it back.

I got the check for over $26,000 on Thursday and went to the bank. We were told that three of our accounts, including my son's account were on hold by Chase's fraud department and we couldn't access them for any reason. We were told that was for our security which was a lie, it was so Chase could recover any money from them if necessary to repay the overdraft although the amount in those accounts wouldn't come close to paying it. We were told that our accounts would be frozen for 5 work days regardless of the fact that we promptly came in and gave them the $26,000 check from my investment company to make up the overdraft.

I should have just gone to a new bank and opened a new account with the check. They would have approved it within one day and I could have drawn out the $3900 to give to chase, but I was trying to do the right thing. That was a big mistake since Chase doesn't care if you do the right thing and now the entire $26,000 is tied up.

From the very start, we have been treated as if we had intentionally tried to scam the bank when we were the ones that were scammed and promptly attempted to make it right. My direct deposit paycheck was not accepted for deposit and none of the auto pay withdrawals I have set up from creditors have been allowed to go through. I'm sure Chase isn't going to offer to pay for the late payment fees I'm going to have. I have had to withdraw enough cash from the one account they didn't freeze to buy food and necessities. I went back again this morning to try to get these accounts taken off of hold with no success. I will never recommend Chase to anyone.

Chase will just Close your account without any reason or notice. Happened to me TODAY. Received a Quick pay for 200, yesterday afternoon, paid out 175 in expenses, woke up the next morning and overnight Chase reversed my quick pay, forcing my account negative, and then told me that I committed fraud. I spent my entire lunch hour on the phone with them. They refused to give me a reason for closing my account and screwing up my finances. The MOST insulting part of this was, I went into my local bank branch in NORTH EVANSTON after work and the banker LIED and told me that the person who send me the quick pay didn't have the money available. I KNOW THAT IS A LIE. It's not even POSSIBLE to issue a quick pay to anyone without the cash being in your account.

I have 3 direct deposits set to this account. What a huge pain in the ass. Still don't know if they actually PAID the bills they had money for. HORRIBLE customer service and EVERY SINGLE STEP. I used to suggest Chase to my International Rental Customers or my Real Estate Purchase clients... NEVER again!! HORRIBLE COMPANY. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!! They DO NOT tell the truth!! They CLEARLY have people ON STAFF stealing from them... There are thousands of complaints in just the last few weeks. Probably Russians.. Yeah I said it.

I have been a client of Chase Bank for several years I have 3 accounts and 4 direct deposits. Checked my banking this morning being charged 34.00 overdraft fee for 5.43 purchase. I deposit thousands and they are going to charge me 34.00 dollars for 43 cents over 5 dollars. Time for me to move on. No one in that company could justify this for me.

I applied for Auto Loan. They denied me twice in 4 years apart. I am their customer for long time. Their service are REALLY SUCK and **. They made my hard credit inquiry to lose my scores. They said they will help me and they keep on lying. DO NOT APPLY THE AUTO LOAN. They just want to make your credit inquiries worst.

Money was fraudulently withdrawn from my Chase Account. I reported it, closed the account and opened a new one, with new passwords etc. Was told there was now a Fraud Alert on my Account. Called the credit reporting agencies to freeze all my other accounts, etc. Chase set up new "verbal passwords" on my account and told me no activity would be permitted unless I was called and asked for the verbal password, as extra security.

Nonetheless, 24 hours later someone walked in a Chase branch with no debit card and a false ID and was GIVEN my new account number, and another $1000.00. Chase never called me, no one asked for my magical new password - I found out 3 days later when the transaction "posted". Naturally I closed that account too and opened up a third one. Chase refuses to make me whole for this, saying they have "proof" that the withdrawal was legitimate (meaning I stole my own money). They will not share this "proof" with me. I am done. I am emptying my account today and not looking back. No more Chase bank. Your money is not safe there!

I bank with Chase since 2003. Always could say only very good things about the bank. But one day I stopped by the branch to make a deposit, while I was waiting in line, I checked my account and found one cashed electronic check for 26.09$. I was surprised. That check even wasn't on my last name and was cashed from my account. Same day personal banker was very helpful. My account was closed and opened another. That was 12-02-16. Today is March 20, 2017. I still didn't get my money back. I kept calling to claim department: answer was that it will be credit during 10 business day. I just wondering how long takes to do customers resolution? I just lost the trust of this CHASE bank!

So I wanted to support a friend out of town and instead of wiring money, he chose to give me his account number to deposit money into. I went to my own bank to withdrawal cash so that I wouldn't have any issues with a check hold on his account and the money not being available to him immediately. Upon making it to the teller window at Chase Bank on Briarcliff Rd in Tucker, GA, I was told that since I wasn't a CHASE bank customer, I couldn't deposit cash into the account! Now, not only has this taken three (3) days to clear from my account as a debit purchase (lol), they also charged me a $3 fee!!!

VERY disappointed that I wasn't even told about the fee. It's not like I was using an ATM to be charged a fee. I was FORCED to use my debit card to make the deposit into my friend's account, and then I had to go back to my bank to deposit the cash that I took out in order to cover the transaction because I didn't want my account to be too low. I will NEVER recommend Chase bank to anyone! And I will post this review on my Facebook page!

Banked with Chase for many years. Recently had an account closed due to bad check through online transaction. They informed me I would have to come in and open a new account, so following their suggestion I did. So the next day opened a new account with new cards etc, then when I checked online banking for my SS check deposit a few days later could not access. Called the phone number listed. They informed me this account was also closed. In the meantime the SS check was deposited. I checked with SSA, so I checked with bank again where is my money, they said accounts are closed and no check no money. When I supplied them with the trace information from the Feds they all of a sudden found it. Oh yeah then told me check is in the mail, so I asked when it was mailed. They said 7 of March. Now keep in mind my check had been deposited at exactly 11:59 the 2 of march.

Several days past I received a letter informing me the account was closed. Called them again. They acted like nothing was amiss, and there were no funds. When I once again went through all the tracer information, they found it, but informed me it was not only sent from Ohio but that it was sent to an address that I've never had. So here I sit payments past due, no solution other than to go to branch office fill out another form, and that they're will issue another check. It's already the 14th of March. If I had bounced a check they'd be all over it. Will they pay my late fees? I think not. The worst banking experience of my life. Don't use Chase Bank for anything... Let you know if this ever gets resolved, signed miss the good old days of honesty and truth, so sad that it is a world of deceit!!!

I bank with Chase, my employer also banks with Chase. Every pay period they manage to place a hold on my paycheck regardless of the fact that my check comes from their account and they are able to tell if funds are available (in which our company has never had a problem). I call almost every other week to ask to remove the hold and they promptly do and also advised that I will never receive an overdraft fee if they have placed a hold on my check as it is a result of them. Well this week they decide to reorder the way my transactions took place (I check my account every morning). The lower transaction was in place that morning and later in the afternoon I personally made another transaction that shouldn't have taken place until the following day but it didn't. I received a text a 10:38pm that night notifying me that my account was negative.

Reality is that was my fault, I'll take it, but what isn't is the following day the charges are reordered and I now have received a fee for the $12.87 charge (which was covered) and the $215 charge (I earned that fee). But what has really gotten me upset is that they also gave me a fee on the 10th for a charge when I deposited my paycheck (from a chase account) in which the placed a 24 hour hold on (which didn't bother me at the time cause I was told by a chase representative I would NEVER receive a fee for a hold placed by them).

This is now becoming excessive. I take care of a family of 5 and do my very best to balance my money that I actually earned, and here is some bank that comes in and can take it whenever they find ways to ever so easily cheat hard working people out of the money they ACTUALLY work for. For years now the Federal Agencies have come down on the unfair practices in the mortgage industry but I'm quite certain if maybe the FTC gave a real good look into the un-fudged records of the many banking customers they would find a plethora of unjustified fees we have been charged and we have no one here backing us up and making sure we get treated fair and just.

So in the matter of 48 hours Chase bank has taken $68 of $102 that is unjustified and they have found a way to manipulate the system to work in their behalf and there is no real way I can fight this. I have been with this institution since 2011 and have dealt with several fees and I will gladly swallow the ones I have earned. But I have a real big problem accepting the ones I did not. Sure I could move to another bank and close this account but the reality is all financial institutions practice the same slimy way so nothing is actually being solved.

On Thursday March 9, 2017, I went to ATM at Chase Bank to withdraw money from my debit card. The ATM didn't dispense my money, instead I received a receipt telling me the ATM had malfunctioned, it also said to go into the bank and they would help me. I don't bank at Chase. I have a Brinks prepaid card. I get my paycheck deposited into this card and I always go to this Chase ATM to withdraw my money. I pay 3$ for withdrawing 300$. I went to teller, she said she couldn't help me because I didn't have an account and I would have to go to Brinks. Well I did this. I sent Brinks a copy of the receipt. They told me Chase took my money. It was withdrawn from my account from Chase... I don't have my 300$ that I worked hard for. Where can I go to have someone help me... Can you help me get my money that someone stole from me.

I went into a Chase Bank and signed up for a checking and savings account and a high school account. I told the banker multiple times that I wanted paperless and that I did not want my information shared. I returned home and went online and made my account paperless when I noticed it had not been done. Over the next month, I received no less than 3 letters from Chase, with my full account numbers and account history. I called the personal banker and I asked why this was happening, and she told me "It would then take another 3 months to correct." I then found out that my information was being sold to third parties and that the boxes for "limiting sharing" had not been checked, and it would take "4 to 6 weeks to stop the sharing"!!! I called no less than 6 branches and managers, with no help, and was even asked by one "why I wanted to be paperless and limit my sharing of my info”!

I tried to go to the executive office, but was also treated very rudely and indifferently and was told there "was nothing they could do". My daughter's cellphone started blowing up with marketers and real estate people calling–guess we know how THAT happened, huh? When I went to close the account, I was told I could not have my money because I had opened the account under their promo which gave the customer $300 during the first month, because I had not kept the account open for more than 6 months!! STAY AWAY from these crooks. They more than recouped their 300 dollars by selling our personal information to outside car dealerships, realtors, marketers. Furthermore, a customer should have the right to go paperless ASAP when they request, and it was their mistake to not have done so from the start.

I hired a contractor to reface our kitchen. They took our money and barely did any work. I contacted Chase to get some of our money back. I had to deal with (in my opinion) complete incompetents in Mumbai, India who did not care one bit. They drag the dispute process out for 6 months, demanded I cancel the contract, demanded I send in about 100 pages of information including another bid, every single email, the contract, receipts, etc. We also sent in pictures and an itemized list proving they did not do the work. We gave them everything they asked for and proved our case to the last detail. Chase still ruled in the other companies favor saying the contractor had not promised us a refund!!! We don't think they ever read what we sent in. We had to deal with their dispute dept. in Mumbai, India the entire time. They were entirely incompetent in our opinion. They made a horrible situation even worse.

No matter what you do, they make you deal with the people in Mumbai who don't give a... We tried contacting their executive office who just blew us off. Now we have a kitchen with no doors or drawers, have to sue the contractor 6 months later, and they have hurt our case with the 6 month delay and making us cancel the contract. We were customers for over 23 years but never will be again!!!

BEWARE that Chase.com only allows customers to download 3 months of transaction history into accounting software like QuickBooks... You can NEVER go back and pull data from ANY transactions older than 3 months = your ONLY option is to manually enter each transaction based on PDF versions of prior bank statements... I contacted Chase.com's online support and they could NOT help/resolve (this is a long-standing corporate policy). This unacceptable/inexcusable policy makes Chase services for small business owners and accounts completely unworkable. STAY AWAY from Chase!!

I got my auto loan through Chase. I did everything online and all was "ok" until their web system screwed up and tried to pull payment from another account (that I'd never even used before when I'd been making payments on the same account for months). This resulted in a $25 fee from Chase and a $24 fee from my credit union - and it was THEIR mistake (defaulting to the wrong account to pull from).

So far it's been more than 72 hours trying to get the fee refunded. I've had 8 different people contact me via email and somebody from the bank called me at 7:30 am this morning, waking my wife and I up! I called their department and after being on the call for over 20 minutes was told by the supervisor there was nothing he could do and we'd have to "wait". This level of bureaucratic incompetence tied to a extortion-based fee (note there's no cost to them at the rejection of payment) makes it clear. Chase is a monster bloated regime of idiots with a system where you cannot get anything done. Do yourself a favor. STAY AWAY from this bank. Go to a credit union. At least there you can deal with real local people directly and talk with people who can get things done!

We have 6 years experience with Chase bank and 4 times we have fraud transactions and only 1 time Chase resolved. This is bank with absolutely don't care about your issue. For example: 3800$ withdrawal from our account by fake check, no signature and during 12 hours we called to Fraud department about that and they open claim and denied because that company be our insurance broker 2 years ago. (We cancelled relationships with them 2 years ago for same reason.) 2 years later, they change name and using information from our check (12 different companies have the same problem with them). Chase security level and customer support absolutely zero.

On January 3, 2017, I made the mistake of placing an order for two free trials of skin care products. In that order, I agreed to the two shipping fees of $5.95 each. Those two charges showed up on my account as two different merchants located in Tennessee. On January 10, 2017, two additional charges showed up on my account to two different merchants located in California. Both of these charges were for right under $100 apiece. When I discovered these charges, I immediately called Chase and the charges were credited back to my account and I was provided a new debit card. Yesterday, on February 28, 2017, I received a message from Chase stating that their decision had been reversed, and the charges would be displayed on my account once again.

When I called Chase to determine what had happened I was told that the charges had been verified. I asked what the verification was and I was told that the merchant supplied my name, address, and email address. I tried to explain that yes they would have that information because I originally agreed to the $5.95 shipping charges. The agent that I spoke with was, in my opinion, extremely condescending and gave me the impression that they did not believe what I was telling them. They offered me no empathy. They did not apologize for the decision. And when I asked about a recourse, I was told to Google visa.

I have tried different ways to reach out to chase since that call to try to resolve the situation and to even see if I could get an apology for the way the agent spoke to me. I have not yet communicated with anyone that seems to care at all that I was disappointed in the customer service interaction. I have been a very loyal customer to chase for several years and have even recommended Chase to many friends and family members. At this point, I am strongly considering taking my business elsewhere.

Every month, it seems I have to change my password. It seems Chase Online suddenly won't accept a PW that I had. Customer Service walk me thru and verify. I went in to change my pw this morning (I Did Not "forget it"), I put in my correct PW from last month; it: "changed" it. Very sloppy...

I called Chase Fraud Prevention, 1-800-307-3161, on 2/22/17 at 7:18am and I spoke with a Kathleen ** (however you spell her last name). We listed all of the fraudulent transactions we noticed and I had a total of 5 and she had a total of 4. Instead of double-checking with each other to ensure we have the correct fraudulent transactions she refused and continued on about cancelling my debit card and sending a new one.

Chase and its representatives need to understand that the customer doesn't experience fraudulent activity every day and thus even if the representative knows the 5 fraudulent activities will be compensated for, they still need to explain to the customer why and at the very least they need to make sure the customer is satisfied with the information and service that has been given. Instead of treating the customer as if they have no reason to be concerned. I WILL UPDATE THIS REVIEW ONCE COMPENSATED AND WILL TELL IF IT’S FOR 4 OR 5 FRAUDULENT TRANSACTIONS.

I don't know if I misunderstand something here, but it I just discovered that the Chase Credit Card Ink is charging me interest for purchases just recently, in the last few days conducted. Here's what happened: (My Ink card billing cycle is mid-month to mid-month) In early January I made a purchase for $1,616.57. In late January the statement came (Closing date 16th). I paid 800 dollars before the due date leaving a balance of $816.57 unpaid. In February as recent as February 15th, one day before the closing date I made some business purchases of around $6,500. I got the February statement and on it I see interest charge of $115.13. What? That can be I thought, $115.13 in interest charges for a residual balance of $816.57!? In the back of the statement on the last page it says under -31 days billing-. Balance subject to interest rate $4,520.14....

I called Chase Bank customer support and like them I recorded the conversation. Rather unfriendly and curt I was told by a supervisor that if every month the balance is not paid in full interest applies immediately to the current running balance including all new purchases. What? This is not an Amex card! It's a credit card! Yes, I understand that they charge interest on balances. But not on new purchases that I have not even received the statement for! Apparently they charge interest not only on what remained of the previous month as unpaid remainder balance but immediately charge interest on any new purchases!!! Zero grace period! I never heard of such a thing neither have I found on my other credit cards statement such a thing!

In other words, and as a fictitious example: If I charge in January $1000 and get in early February the January statement with the due date by end of February and pay $999 leaving $1 balance due and charge during February $5000, Chase Credit Card Ink will charge me interest not only for the $1.00 residual balance of January but will charge me for all purchases in February interest because I did not pay the January bill in full in February!

In other words, as in this above fictitious example, as I paid $999 for the $1000 January charge, I had $1.00 residual balance due. Chase credit card now charges me immediately interest on all new purchases done in February and adds this interest to February statement which will be due by end of March. Really? What do I have a credit card for? And I missing something here? Am I not understanding something here? I cannot find any such thing on any other credit card I have. IS THIS LEGAL?

Absolutely outrageous behavior by manager Marcela ** (Sepulveda, North Hills, California, branch). After a decade of going every single month to pay my credit cards every first of the month, she refused to waive an eight dollar fee to cash a 1000 check. I guess they do not care if they know you or not, they treat you like a thief, when they are the thieves. We are cancelling our cards with them. Don't bother opening an account with Chase, you are better off with US Bank, who do treat you right when they know your face.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Chase Bank’s reach spans almost half of America’s households.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.
  • Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for their products and services.
  • Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking including mobile, online, e-pay, account alerts and more.
  • Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers, business owners as well as typical consumers.
  • Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest earning accounts.
  • Best for Chase Bank offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions