Chase Bank

Chase Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.74/5

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Chase Gallery (6)

Top Chase Bank Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

I have no complaints about this bank's service (aside from my home town refusing to allow them to do business here) except when it comes to asking questions to customer service regarding mobile deposits...

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 number, Nattalie showed me true customer service at my local branch…

Chase credit cards

Chase credit cards come with a variety of bonus offers, rewards, perks and benefits. Chase cardholders get 24/7 account access through the Chase Mobile app, free credit scores through Credit Journey and access to Chase’s Ultimate Rewards programs.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
    • Travel
    • 50,000 points*
    • $450 annual fee
    Learn more
    chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
    Best flat-rate rewards
    Chase Freedom Unlimited
    • Cash back
    • $150 bonus*
    chase freedomRecommended Credit:
    Good
    Best cash back rewards
    Chase Freedom
    Best flat-rate business card
    Chase Ink Business Unlimited
    • $500 bonus*

*See terms and conditions

Compare Chase credit card offers against alternatives by category:

About Chase Bank services

In addition to credit cards, Chase offers a variety of financial services, including checking and savings accounts, business banking, credit cards and mortgages

• Checking accounts: Chase offers three types of checking accounts: Chase Total Checking, Chase Premier Plus Checking and Chase Sapphire Checking. All checking accounts come with Chase Online Banking and online bill pay. Monthly fees range from $0 to $25.
    • Savings accounts: Chase Savings and Chase Premier Savings accounts both earn interest. Monthly services fees range from $0 to $25.
    • Business banking: Chase Bank offers business checking, merchant services, small business credit cards and business lending.
    • Mortgages: Homebuyers can obtain ARM, FHA and VA mortgage loans through Chase Bank. The company also offers refinancing and home equity line of credit options.
    • Planning and investments: A Chase advisor can help develop a financial strategy for your future.
    • Car loans: Clients can get an auto loan for a new or used car through Chase Auto Preferred.

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I want Chase to know the amount of value that Lindsay ** provides for the company in Las Vegas. Yesterday I went in with an idea to open a local bank account after relocating from out of state. I was immediately seated with Lindsay as there was an open time slot and she went through the process with me. I have been in a lot of financial institutions in the past and never have I been treated so well by a banker before.

Lindsay was very thorough with everything. As a former employee working in corporate compliance, her level of service in regards to the compliance side of banking was top tier! She was extremely thorough in me understanding the account itself along with anything that could happen as a result of options I chose for myself. This experience was a huge treat to work with her! Words cannot express my gratitude for her service to the people in that branch. She is definitely without a doubt the highest level in consumer interaction I have ever found in ANY industry. Everyone I know that is not currently a Chase customer needs to be one. Chase in my opinion blows the other major players in banking out of the water. Thank you so much Lindsay and Chase Bank for creating what will be a long term financial relationship!

Original review: July 30, 2020

For the past 30 years we were with a large Canadian owned US bank chain which exemplified poor service in every respect. They required our physical presence in the bank to send bank wire funds from one bank to another, in general our services from small town banks decades ago far surpassed this chain. Two months ago we opened five family accounts at Chase and once or twice a week I am able to, on-line, wire funds internationally with minimal effort and no charges whatsoever. I have probably spoken with no less than 10 Chase bankers in the past two months and all are exceptional with knowledge, kindness and efficiency. I truly am still amazed that a bank as fine as Chase exists in today's world.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I would like people to know how easy this bank has made it to get through this difficult time. I was able to suspend my payments online with no difficulty. They have allowed me to suspend payment through Sept. with no penalty. It has been so helpful to not have to worry about this with everything else going on right now. I have to say I was not expecting the ease with which this was done. I neglected to turn off auto pay and they even returned the money to my acct. I am thankful for the handling of all of this. More than fair.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I have been a Chase customer for over 5 years as well as a customer for other banks throughout the years. From my experience with many different banks, Chase is by far the best. From the friendly and helpful customer service, to the no-fee accounts, to the ease of access on their app... Everything about Chase is so wonderful. They want their people to be happy and feel secure-you can tell by the way they go above and beyond to make sure their customers are satisfied. Friendly, fast, efficient, secure & understanding - those are the words I would use to describe Chase banks employees and Chase Bank as a whole. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I came into town in St. Louis Park, Minnesota and had no appointment; was on a time schedule and the staff here at Chase location 5330 Cedar Lake Rd. Suite 600 was well discerning and cooperative with my needs and made accommodations for me to be worked into an appointment that evening at 3pm on 05/06/20.

Mind you I arrived at about 1pm with no appointment at all. ** assisted me by taking action copying my documents and worked me in an unscheduled appointment with Private Clients Banker Larissa A. Oliphant. It showed exponentially per her professionalism streaming down into the staff! I'm very grateful!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I am a retired Professor of Economics who is disgusted with the employees at the Pine Lake branch of Chase Bank. I have been a client for 30 years & have encountered the same difficulty' whenever I try to bank coins there. I do not use money often enough to fill paper receptacles. Today, I deposited 2 checks worth $80,000, but the two clerks there would not accept my coins (arranged by amount), so I was delighted to fill the trays myself. I do not relish dealing with employees so inured to their idiotic that they cannot put coins into the plastic tray. These two employees should be terminated immediately, and allow them to join the cheerful unemployed in our depressed economy. Hereafter, I will open an account with Wells Fargo, next door, and pray to the exalted that these two women are fired. Where and how do you hire the most inefficacious derelicts who belong more in a homeless shelter than monitoring your counters? Prof. R. T. **.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I have 3 accounts with CHASE BANK. Chase took my incentive promotion from a account I open to make a purchase of merchandise from Amazon. I was lied to by Chase Supervisor when I tried to reconcile the account. The supervisor promise to fix the problem and return my promotion to my account. I was told to wait on confirmation approval letter which took 2 weeks and I was told in the letter that chase would not be able to fulfill my incentive promotion. BE CAREFUL. They will lie to you and not fulfill their promises. I stop using all my accounts. NEVER will use them again.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

On Friday I transferred $400 to my savings acct. I have not been working due to covid and pawned some jewelry to make my car insurance payment. On Saturday I went to pay it and my savings account was GONE! As was my money! I called and they said they had canceled my savings because I had not deposited in 30 days (yeah I'm NOT working anything to save) and they would put it back in my regular acct in 3-5 business days! Meanwhile, my insurance is cancelled and still no money in my account which is now overdraft???? I have been a Chase customer for over 10 years and upset by this. Oh, and I suppose they will tack on a overdraft charge $35 for each item on top of that!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

In my 6 years of owning a business, these guys without a doubt take the cake for worst imaginable service I didn't even think was possible. I was referred to this company by a friend, who has also since left due to poor service. After the government shutdown due to the covid19 response, I was legally only allowed to do takeout. My terminals shut down weekly and get replaced at least bi monthly due to whatever "programming error" excuse they can come up with for that month.

My last call and definitely my last interaction I will have with this company (unless I take them to court) I was outright refused to speak with a manager or someone who has English listed as their first language. It really sucks that I am not bilingual or trilingual but the fact is, I'm not. After 10 minutes of this phone call (Which I recorded on my cell) I hung up in a raging level of frustration. This company made me realize quite clearly how someone of lesser sanity than myself could be seen on TV for for showing up at the head office of chase and doing something drastic. I now totally get how some people can get pushed to that point. We will never blame the rich corporations for this though and certainly not even richer banks with ties deep inside the government itself. Nah, much easier to blame the victims.

Now it looks like I have no choice but to take them to small claims for all the subsequent months they kept billing me. Especially during these covid times. I have a very well documented record of my repeated requests to cancel the service. I honestly can't say enough bad things about this company and if you read reviews like this and still use Chase services, it would be fair to say you deserve to get scammed by this corrupt bank as well. No matter your choice, good luck. Sincerely,

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Chase Bank officers were very good at talking about how good Chase is as a bank. I opened accounts with Chase with large balances. Then out of the blue Chase said the bank was closing my accounts. After numerous calls to find out why, no answers, I got to a supervisor who hung up on me. Never use Chase. They are not reliable.

Chase Bank pros and cons

Chase Bank offers many financial services. It’s easy to open an account, and many new customers qualify for sign-up bonuses and rewards. There are a few things to consider before deciding if Chase Bank is right for you, however.

Pros

• Thousands of branch and ATM locations
      • Bonuses for new customers
      • Online banking through Chase Mobile app
      • 24/7 customer service
      • FDIC insured

Cons

• Monthly service fees on some accounts
      • $2.50 charge to withdraw funds from non-Chase ATMs
      • Variable interest rates
      • Does not have physical locations in every state

Chase author review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Almost half of America’s households use Chase Bank’s services.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for its products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking, including mobile and online banking, e-pay and account alerts.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers and business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest-earning accounts.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor