Chase Bank

Chase Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

Chase Gallery (6)
    View More View More

Top Chase Bank Reviews

I have no complaints about this bank's service (aside from my home town refusing to allow them to do business here) except when it comes to asking questions to customer service regarding mobile deposits...

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 number, Nattalie showed me true customer service at my local branch…

Chase credit cards

Chase credit cards come with a variety of bonus offers, rewards, perks and benefits. Chase cardholders get 24/7 account access through the Chase Mobile app, free credit scores through Credit Journey and access to Chase’s Ultimate Rewards programs.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
        • Travel
        • 50,000 points*
        • $450 annual fee
        Learn more
        chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
        Best flat-rate rewards
        Chase Freedom Unlimited
        • Cash back
        • $150 bonus*
        chase freedomRecommended Credit:
        Good
        Best cash back rewards
        Chase Freedom
        Best flat-rate business card
        Chase Ink Business Unlimited
        • $500 bonus*

*See terms and conditions

Compare Chase credit card offers against alternatives by category:

About Chase Bank services

In addition to credit cards, Chase offers a variety of financial services, including checking and savings accounts, business banking, credit cards and mortgages

• Checking accounts: Chase offers three types of checking accounts: Chase Total Checking, Chase Premier Plus Checking and Chase Sapphire Checking. All checking accounts come with Chase Online Banking and online bill pay. Monthly fees range from $0 to $25.
        • Savings accounts: Chase Savings and Chase Premier Savings accounts both earn interest. Monthly services fees range from $0 to $25.
        • Business banking: Chase Bank offers business checking, merchant services, small business credit cards and business lending.
        • Mortgages: Homebuyers can obtain ARM, FHA and VA mortgage loans through Chase Bank. The company also offers refinancing and home equity line of credit options.
        • Planning and investments: A Chase advisor can help develop a financial strategy for your future.
        • Car loans: Clients can get an auto loan for a new or used car through Chase Auto Preferred.

Chase Bank Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Chase Bank 18320 Preston Road Dallas Texas 75252 have a great branch manager ** who has a great personality and very well trained. Under ** leadership she has ** and ** whom are excellent employees who treat clients and customers with the highest respect, these employees' personalities are amazing and they only strive to give and provide the best. I would like these employees and this office to be recognized. I'm Keisha **. I had a great experience with all employees. Thanks employees of Chase for the outstanding work you all are doing for Chase and customers.

Original review: July 31, 2019

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 number, Nattalie ** showed me true customer service at my local branch. She listened, empathized, and did her absolute best to help solve my issue. I can’t thank her enough for connecting with me, truly listening and acknowledging me, and keeping my faith in Chase. I have been there since 1993 when it was Bank One, and because of Nattalie, I will continue my loyalty.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Dalton was the best customer service rep. I have ever experienced.He had a smile in his voice. He made me feel as if he would take care of all my anxiety concerning my account. He did exactly that. He made me want to call everyone and tell them to switch to Chase bank because they actually care. After the exchange I asked to speak to his supervisor. His name was Damion. He told me this was the second praise he received that day concerning Dalton in Arizona. I found the manager, Damion to be just as pleasant as Dalton was. I persisted to ask for his supervisor. When I was informed he was not there I made up my mind to write this review.

I love Chase bank, because of the customer service. I do not have a lot of money but they treat me like I am their most prized customer. I would recommend this bank any day of the week. If you want a bank that makes you feel important whether you have 5 dollars or 5000 dollars this is the perfect bank. Thank you, Barbara **, Texas.

Original review: June 5, 2019

My bank ATM card hacked multiple times and it’s from Itunes all the time. I will call customer service and they will ask about what happen then send me a new ATM card, and today it happened again and this is my 4th ATM card. As usual, I called Chase customer service, same process.. but this time I went to the bank and spoke with one of the Representative, his name is Edson ** (Chase Branch, Oakhills Shopping Center in Bailey Rd, Pittsburg California), he was great and very helpful! He called someone from Chase regarding my claim report and asked all the questions I’m concerned about. He even pulled my bank history and gave me all the advice. He told me that it was all FRAUD. He took his time to help me out! Thank you Edson! I really appreciate your help!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I was laying down on my bed today super depressed when a Chase customer service staff with Staff ID ** called me just to check on how I was doing with my new account. I have been a Chase customer for more than 6 years. Not one day has any staff called. It is true the staff called to know the new account he opened was going. I say thank you to you for reaching out when you did and been my MVP customer service agent of all time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

This bank stole money repeatedly out of my account and lied and said I overdrafted when I didn't. They steal money out of your account and then blame it on pending balances and if they think you're not paying attention or think you cannot count they steal 4 dollars, 2 dollars etc. Out of your account and try to make you the customer think you're going crazy.

This bank is crooked and a bunch of scam artists and whoever is behind this bank is a big loser and a big CROOK. I HOPE PEOPLE WHO THIS BANK HAS STOLEN FROM COME TOGETHER AND FILE THE BIGGEST LAWSUIT AGAINST THIS CROOKED CHASE BANK AND HOPEFULLY PUT THEIR RAGGEDY behinds out of business because they have no business whatsoever serving people in any way, shape or form. They are Thieves thieves thieves and losers losers losers!!!! And I hope they get just what they deserve. I hope someone steals from all their families' accounts and show them how it feels to be ripped off and that'll dampen their caviar dreams. T.H.I.E.V.E.S!!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I’ve had checking and saving accounts with Chase for years. I had direct deposits and had an agreement that I would not be charged a monthly fee if I had them take $25 each month out of checking and put into Savings. In the past year I had a large amount in my checking; that amount was reduced to under $15,000 due to my getting an account at another bank. I was then charged a $25 fee. When I asked why, they denied that I had the transfer agreement and said I agreed to keep $15,000 in checking or I would get charged. I said forget it; I’m closing my account. The rep didn’t try to work with me; in fact, she was dismissive. I couldn’t close it until I had less than $5,000 in my account (I had about $14,000 in Checking).

I quickly wrote checks to get the balance down and called again to close. This time the rep went through the procedures without any questions. I said, “Do you want to know why I’m closing this account?” He said no. Really? You don’t want any feedback? Well read this review. You have my feedback even if you don’t want it. What a stupid bank.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

My wife and I went to Chase Bank, 1001 N Collins St, Arlington, TX 76011 hours ago to have the bank wire our motorhome payment. We felt extremely warm being treated like their happy family. It's an unforgettable wonderful experience. We're so curious how this branch can be managed so well. What a successful bank branch!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

My wife passed last February that's when I was told that I had a free month of Social SECURITY benefits for my wife. I was under pressure financially. My wife's insurance company was taking longer than I expected to accept my claim. Anyone who has had a love one and had the expenses of a funeral can understand. Almost everything was cash except the funeral and burial. I did spend her SSA check. It was in her name as well as mine because I was listed as the payee. That check was for March 1, 2019.

About a week later I was notified to contact SSA office at Wince. I did and I was informed of the rules. Shortly after that I went to my branch located in Calumet City IL. I sat down with a personal banker and transferred money from my account to my wife's, enough to cover the debt. She then closed the account. That's when it started. She was not to close that account SSA informed me, that SSA collects from the bank account of that account. The young lady was not experienced and had not been told the rules. I talked to the manager of the branch. He said he got it all straightened out. I was to get a dollar money order and give it to SSA.

I have went to the branch over 10 times and shown that they issued the check. SSA refuse to cash because it was issued late and not within the guidelines of the SSA. Chase refuses to return my money. The branch manager told me that his banking person handled my wife's account correctly and it was SSA fault. So I've been back and forth over the last 8 months trying to get this resolved. I've been with Chase at least 8 years and I'm satisfied with the bank. I'm sorry for that branch and the leadership of it. When you under train the people responsible for the customers financial welfare, something should be done to protect the consumer. Oh by the way I contacted ABC, NBC and WGN news about my situation with not even "sorry I can't help you". I thank you for giving a format to tell my experience with Chase Bank.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Not only did Chase close my checking account with no good reason they sent me a check over a month later for not even half the money I had in my account.

THEY STOLE $4100 FROM ME! I reported them to the Better Business Bureau as well as the Federal Reserve!!! Dont ever bank with these thieves!!!!

Not sure about Chase Bank?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mortgage company for you.

Chase Bank pros and cons

Chase Bank offers many financial services. It’s easy to open an account, and many new customers qualify for sign-up bonuses and rewards. There are a few things to consider before deciding if Chase Bank is right for you, however.

Pros

• Thousands of branch and ATM locations
            • Bonuses for new customers
            • Online banking through Chase Mobile app
            • 24/7 customer service
            • FDIC insured

Cons

• Monthly service fees on some accounts
            • $2.50 charge to withdraw funds from non-Chase ATMs
            • Variable interest rates
            • Does not have physical locations in every state

Chase expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Almost half of America’s households use Chase Bank’s services.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for its products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking, including mobile and online banking, e-pay and account alerts.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers and business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest-earning accounts.

• Best for: Chase Bank offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor