Chase Bank
1.16/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Chase Bank

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

Chase Gallery (6)
    View More View More

Top Chase Bank Reviews

06/24/2019

I have no complaints about this bank's service (aside from my home town refusing to allow them to do business here) except when it comes to asking questions to customer service regarding mobile deposits...

07/31/2019

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 number, Nattalie showed me true customer service at my local branch…

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Chase credit cards

Chase credit cards come with a variety of bonus offers, rewards, perks and benefits. Chase cardholders get 24/7 account access through the Chase Mobile app, free credit scores through Credit Journey and access to Chase’s Ultimate Rewards programs.

Card nameDetails
      $95 annual fee
      Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSmall business
      $500 bonus*
      No annual fee
      *See terms and conditions.

Compare Chase credit card offers against alternatives by category:

About Chase Bank services

In addition to credit cards, Chase offers a variety of financial services, including checking and savings accounts, business banking, credit cards and mortgages

• Checking accounts: Chase offers three types of checking accounts: Chase Total Checking, Chase Premier Plus Checking and Chase Sapphire Checking. All checking accounts come with Chase Online Banking and online bill pay. Monthly fees range from $0 to $25.
      • Savings accounts: Chase Savings and Chase Premier Savings accounts both earn interest. Monthly services fees range from $0 to $25.
      • Business banking: Chase Bank offers business checking, merchant services, small business credit cards and business lending.
      • Mortgages: Homebuyers can obtain ARM, FHA and VA mortgage loans through Chase Bank. The company also offers refinancing and home equity line of credit options.
      • Planning and investments: A Chase advisor can help develop a financial strategy for your future.
      • Car loans: Clients can get an auto loan for a new or used car through Chase Auto Preferred.

Chase Bank Reviews

Original review: July 31, 2019

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 number, Nattalie ** showed me true customer service at my local branch. She listened, empathized, and did her absolute best to help solve my issue. I can’t thank her enough for connecting with me, truly listening and acknowledging me, and keeping my faith in Chase. I have been there since 1993 when it was Bank One, and because of Nattalie, I will continue my loyalty.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Dalton was the best customer service rep. I have ever experienced.He had a smile in his voice. He made me feel as if he would take care of all my anxiety concerning my account. He did exactly that. He made me want to call everyone and tell them to switch to Chase bank because they actually care. After the exchange I asked to speak to his supervisor. His name was Damion. He told me this was the second praise he received that day concerning Dalton in Arizona. I found the manager, Damion to be just as pleasant as Dalton was. I persisted to ask for his supervisor. When I was informed he was not there I made up my mind to write this review.

I love Chase bank, because of the customer service. I do not have a lot of money but they treat me like I am their most prized customer. I would recommend this bank any day of the week. If you want a bank that makes you feel important whether you have 5 dollars or 5000 dollars this is the perfect bank. Thank you, Barbara **, Texas.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2019

My bank ATM card hacked multiple times and it’s from Itunes all the time. I will call customer service and they will ask about what happen then send me a new ATM card, and today it happened again and this is my 4th ATM card. As usual, I called Chase customer service, same process.. but this time I went to the bank and spoke with one of the Representative, his name is Edson ** (Chase Branch, Oakhills Shopping Center in Bailey Rd, Pittsburg California), he was great and very helpful! He called someone from Chase regarding my claim report and asked all the questions I’m concerned about. He even pulled my bank history and gave me all the advice. He told me that it was all FRAUD. He took his time to help me out! Thank you Edson! I really appreciate your help!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I was laying down on my bed today super depressed when a Chase customer service staff with Staff ID ** called me just to check on how I was doing with my new account. I have been a Chase customer for more than 6 years. Not one day has any staff called. It is true the staff called to know the new account he opened was going. I say thank you to you for reaching out when you did and been my MVP customer service agent of all time.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I meet with Gawain ** who ask why I don't bank with Chase. I thought about it but the last two years being on S/S I was afraid to make a change even though I have been very unhappy with SunTrust charges. He talked me through how to do it and even gave me printed direction. Then told me I get $300 for doing a direct deposit. It was easy and painless experience! Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I have a fraudulent activity on my account where someone transferred money from my account due to poor account security of Chase bank. I called the claim department and opened a claim and they said they will conduct an investigation, the complain was filled on the 3rd of October 2019. On the 10th they decided it was not a Fraud and I am responsible for what happened. I was not credited for my loss and there was was no investigation conducted. They just want to screw me because my name is not American just like that.

I called several times. The customer service is in India. They have no clue of what's going on. I went to the court and I filled a lawsuit against this bank for violation of banking codes, discrimination and sued them for frustration pain and suffering. We are not in a jungle. There is a Law that protects average peoples like me, it was my disability check. I live in a very fixed income, they did not care or take in consideration all the years of banking with them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I lost my wallet with my Chase debit card in it and I didn't know it was lost until I got a text alerting me about a $300 transaction at a CVS. Immediately I called my bank and told them the transaction was not mine and I lost my card on the very same night. The reps told me they would cancel the transaction and issued me a new a card. Nearly 3 weeks later, I get a letter from Chase telling me that they were revoking my claim. Their reason: It was processed correctly and the transaction was made within the area. Therefore, they decided to take the money that was STOLEN from me out of my account anyway.

In emotional distressed, I called the claims department telling them that the transaction was not mine so why were they still taking my money? I did not wait around. I made sure to contact my bank ASAP when it happened, and yet they still didn't believe me. They said that the best they can do is refile the claim, which could take 2-3 business days. I am just beyond upset about this. Chase use to be a good bank when it first started out, but now I'm about to call it quits and head to a credit union.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I had Chase Bank before, but now they are out of control. Here's my story.... I'm self employed, my refund check from the IRS came in YES YES YES, so I deposited it at the branch in the bronx. Everything great. 2 weeks later they closed my account. I ask why??? They looked in their system no fraud, but the chase bank system closed my account, they couldn't tell me why. But I do remember when I deposited my irs check lol they thought it was a fraudulent check (smh) until it was verified... Duh that's all they had to do. They 2 weeks later account closed. Chase cant tell me why. What a Shame. But I did found out something about chase Banks.. CHASE Bank is NOT A BIG BANK. Chase is small bank for small people and small businesses. Deal with BOA (Bank of America) which is worldwide... Don't deal with chase.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I noticed I accidentally overdrafted my account one morning. Knowing I had 24 hrs before they charged me I transferred plenty of money from my savings (not with Chase) and showed it was sent that same morning. The next day they charged me two $35 fees. WHAT? THEN later that day they put through my transfer. They wanted to make sure they charged me insufficient fees first. Called and the lady argues with me that they don´t do that. Called my savings and they said that it posted on the same day...early. Hmmm. Clearly they don't do that. Also still didn't get refunded the two fees. Pretty upsetting.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

This is absolutely the worse bank in history. I’ve never heard of a bank who held a deposited check for 7 business days, especially for a petty $300. My father wrote me a check so I can pay my car. I deposited the check into Chase thinking I can pay with this lame account. It is now Tuesday. Check was deposited on Sunday. Oct 6th 2019, they want me to wait until the 10/17/19 to have access to my money??? Are you kidding me. Now my father who wrote the check said the check was cleared and removed from his account??? So where is my money??? This bank is wrong for keeping our money on hold and something needs to be done regarding this issue. Once I receive my money I’m closing my account and never turning back. They are thieves just trying to put interest on our stuff. This is how they make their money guys!!!!

Chase Bank pros and cons

Chase Bank offers many financial services. It’s easy to open an account, and many new customers qualify for sign-up bonuses and rewards. There are a few things to consider before deciding if Chase Bank is right for you, however.

Pros

• Thousands of branch and ATM locations
      • Bonuses for new customers
      • Online banking through Chase Mobile app
      • 24/7 customer service
      • FDIC insured

Cons

• Monthly service fees on some accounts
      • $2.50 charge to withdraw funds from non-Chase ATMs
      • Variable interest rates
      • Does not have physical locations in every state

Chase expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Almost half of America’s households use Chase Bank’s services.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for its products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking, including mobile and online banking, e-pay and account alerts.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers and business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest-earning accounts.

• Best for: Chase Bank offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg