Chase Bank

Chase Bank

3.6/5 (960 ratings)

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

About Chase Bank

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

Top Chase Bank Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Verified

I have no complaints about this bank's service (aside from my home town refusing to allow them to do business here) except when it comes to asking questions to customer service re...

Verified

In a time where automation can trump feeling heard and served as a customer, today I felt the exact opposite. After a very unsuccessful and maddening call with Chase Bank 1800 num...

Chase credit cards

Chase credit cards come with a variety of bonus offers, rewards, perks and benefits. Chase cardholders get 24/7 account access through the Chase Mobile app, free credit scores through Credit Journey and access to Chase’s Ultimate Rewards programs.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
    Chase Sapphire Reserve
    • Travel
    • 50,000 points*
    • $450 annual fee
    chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
    Best flat-rate rewards
    Chase Freedom Unlimited
    • Cash back
    • $150 bonus*
    chase freedomRecommended Credit:
    Good
    Best cash back rewards
    Chase Freedom
    Chase Ink Business Unlimited
    • $500 bonus*

*See terms and conditions

About Chase Bank services

In addition to credit cards, Chase offers a variety of financial services, including checking and savings accounts, business banking, credit cards and mortgages

• Checking accounts: Chase offers three types of checking accounts: Chase Total Checking, Chase Premier Plus Checking and Chase Sapphire Checking. All checking accounts come with Chase Online Banking and online bill pay. Monthly fees range from $0 to $25.
    • Savings accounts: Chase Savings and Chase Premier Savings accounts both earn interest. Monthly services fees range from $0 to $25.
    • Business banking: Chase Bank offers business checking, merchant services, small business credit cards and business lending.
    • Mortgages: Homebuyers can obtain ARM, FHA and VA mortgage loans through Chase Bank. The company also offers refinancing and home equity line of credit options.
    • Planning and investments: A Chase advisor can help develop a financial strategy for your future.
    • Car loans: Clients can get an auto loan for a new or used car through Chase Auto Preferred.

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

During this time of the pandemic, I have suffered twice with covid. I'm 65 years old, alone on a tight budget SSI. I have gone into the negative several times just to pay for food and medication. If it weren't for Chase to dismiss my $34 NSF fee I'd be on the street! With Chase since it was Washington Mutual for years. Chase Bank is one of the best banks in this entire world, and due to the United States Marine corps I have traveled three times overseas. Thank You Chase Bank❣️for not looking at me as just an account number. But as member/Chase family and taking care of me, truly I love Chase Bank!

Sincerely Marianne

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

BANKING SUPPORT - I Spoke To Ava ** and she was AMAZING!! I've been a Chase customer for 15+ years and on December 19, 2019 I had a seizure and was diagnosed with a very rare brain disease called Autoimmune Encephalitis. it affects your short term memory so almost every day is a "new day"! so basically I need help. I'm so grateful for how kind, considerate and helpful she was to me! Please recognize her for being so kind and helpful in resolving my questions. THANK YOU.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I just want to give some credit to my hometown Chase Bank in DeRidder La. My wife and I have banked here for 25 years, and would never consider placing our money anywhere else. The staff is always friendly, helpful, and dependable. We especially want to give our appreciation to Misty **. Misty has always been with us and has helped us more times than I can count. (You guys really should make Misty the branch manager if she isn’t already). We have had occasion to visit other Chase Banks in our travels, but none can compare to the Chase Bank of DeRidder La.

Original review: March 3, 2021

I have banked with Chase for almost 20 yrs now. During that time, I have also held accounts with other institutions, and whether I left Chase during that time or not, I have ALWAYS come back. I have NEVER found another bank that has worked with me and adapted to my needs for certain services, products, or assistance! When I'm in a financial bind, a cross-country trek, discharging from the military, experiencing medical or family emergencies, or attempting to bank from awkward locations and relinquishing Power of Attorney to another...They're always available to me 24/7 to help. Their customer service is impeccable, and I'm extremely impressed by the knowledge that every one of their representatives possess. Thank You Chase Bank for ALL your support! I will recommend you to everyone I know.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Chase has been such a phenomenal bank for me, I never had one issue when dealing with them. Staff is super friendly, polite, and professional. I've had several bank accounts in the past and by far Chase is the absolute best one I have had. I have the secure checking so I cannot overdraft and write checks. That's how I like it and I also have a Savings account opened today. I love customer service, if I ever had an issue it was always taken care of then and there at that moment. I literally have no complaints when it comes to Chase!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I ordered a swing set in November. I called Chase and they said to get a proof of delivery that it was never sent to my address. I got that information from the P.O., faxed it to Chase and they refuse to credit my account. The proof of delivery indicated the wrong address and the weight was 2lbs! I have been trying to get my money back and they refuse to fix the problem. This has been going on for over 2 months. They refuse to give me a manager's name or extension or anyone in Administration. Being a customer for 20 years I believe I have the right to obtain that information. They won't help me AT ALL with this issue. Just be aware if you have a problem Chase will not support you.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Awful! Applied and approved quickly... Then the trainwreck! Took 45 min and 12 call transfers to correct inaccurate information they created. Cannot use the card for immediate travel either! Even though that was what was implied. Typical of the miserable communication and poor services or any large financial institution! NOT WORTH THE HASSLE!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I wanted to work with you relying on the reputation and experience that supposingly you have. My husband wanted to work with you since everyone in his family has had an account for decades. Unfortunately, the disappointment from the inefficiency, inconsistency and misinformation of and from your agents over the years convinced me to seek a different bank company.

Three years ago, opening a business account took six weeks with six agents at three branches. There was huge discrepancy in information. It took us multiple trips to the bank branches, wasting my time and my husband’s time. Next, I have a business account that has been circulating $500K annually, with the prediction to increase the flow exponentially in the next years. When I needed to open a business credit line, I had to go through the same circus as I did for the business checking account opening.

The initial agent who is formally in charge of our case is still in “vacation” for over three weeks. (Alright, we can blame the virus for this.) She was the one who initially claim that the application process takes three minutes. However, since the official application submitted on December 23th, we have been on the phone with Chase on a daily basis, talking to multiple agents, working with our local bank branch in order to ensure that the documents needed have been received. Apparently, the Case email for business credit applications is unable to receive large file document such as tax returns (really, we are just a small business; what about big customers with large businesses?)…Clearly, the system is outdated and very inconvenient for the bank customers. It is made to discourage you.

Next, the knowledge of the agents is quite questionable. Most of them had their own opinion about the situation and each of them was requesting a document in addition to the previous agent’s request. Sometimes, some of them did not even check the documents that we submitted but already had a different requirement for the application. Well, I lost my patients with you Chase Bank long time ago but I believed in my husband’s opinion. Unfortunately, now both of us believe just in the malfunction and moreover the dysfunctional culture and level of business that the Chase Bank renders. It is time for change!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Horrendous customer service. Received my replacement debit card in the mail yesterday as I lost my original one. Activated it, no issues. This morning I went to use it and it was declined, come to find out Chase cancelled THE NEW CARD without my authorization and is sending me ANOTHER replacement card. When I called in they said there was nothing they could do and I would have to wait for the card to arrive even though it was at the fault of Chase. Not to mention they still had me pay to have the card overnighted, for the inconvenience they caused me. I will now be looking into other banks.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Look. Let me start by saying this happened to my sister years ago. I should have listened to her. Here I am. Experiencing the same issue. Because of a check that was written to me by my father who is very old school and might as well be Ron from Parks and Rec, they closed my account. Because they probably think I’m committing fraud. Instead of telling me this. They put a check deposit on hold for over 10 days.

Mind you we all have Covid at the moment, we can’t leave the house, my dad who is older definitely can’t leave and they want to call him to verify it was a check written to him. HOWEVER it needs to be a number registered under HIM. Did I mention he’s basically Ron from Parks and Rec? The only phone he has is his company phone THAT’s ON THE CHECK ITSELF. They refused to call him on there. Understood. Then they proceeded to tell us the bank account will be closed within 10 days but that check which is still on hold will either not be deposited. Or will be deposited but he must go in person to retrieve it.

He’s sick in bed. We have Covid. EVERY ONE OF US IN THE HOUSEHOLD. I told them we planned to cancel anyways we no longer want that check. We asked if we could call the person who’s the owner of the paying account and have them request their own bank communicate with Chase to try and send it back. The Loss prevention agent (yes LP took about 2 hrs and 15 minutes to answer btw) said that it could work but that our account is still canceled but they cannot tell us why.

We live paycheck to paycheck. We can’t wait 10 days with no groceries, no money for anything at all. I literally only have $6 in my account to begin with because that check was on hold. This is an ordeal, a ridiculous way to treat a customer who has been with them for years, who NEVER came across this issue before.

The LACK of professionalism and the RUDENESS I’ve received has left such a bitter taste I cannot think enough about my sister who warned me about them. I’m now warning everyone. FIND A DIFFERENT BANK. THEY’RE NOT WORTH IT. My account is also fully restricted while this goes down. Which means I can’t do a single thing with it. I can’t deposit or withdraw or use my card. For 10 days AT LEAST. If someone ACTUALLY had money in their account like my sister did, imagine having your money HELD HOSTAGE and have to wait to get the letter in the mail. I found out EARLY because I called. She found out after she could use her card anymore. They refused to give her information and then she just walked around for weeks confused waiting for her money in the mail. Her hard earned money that she needed to feed her family with.

Banks never really care about you. But they can at least pretend. Shame on Chase. On your shady practices and holding people’s hard earned money hostage. I really hope no one goes through this. If you’re reading this and have an account with them, do yourself a favor and go to a better bank. They’re not worth doing business with.

Take a Mortgage Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Chase Bank pros and cons

Chase Bank offers many financial services. It’s easy to open an account, and many new customers qualify for sign-up bonuses and rewards. There are a few things to consider before deciding if Chase Bank is right for you, however.

Pros

• Thousands of branch and ATM locations
        • Bonuses for new customers
        • Online banking through Chase Mobile app
        • 24/7 customer service
        • FDIC insured

Cons

• Monthly service fees on some accounts
        • $2.50 charge to withdraw funds from non-Chase ATMs
        • Variable interest rates
        • Does not have physical locations in every state

Chase author review by Barbara Friedberg

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Almost half of America’s households use Chase Bank’s services.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.

• Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for its products and services.

• Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking, including mobile and online banking, e-pay and account alerts.

• Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers and business owners as well as typical consumers.

• Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest-earning accounts.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Advisor