Chase Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I open a Chase account on Saturday and deposit my check. I was told it would be available today. So I logged in to check the status and it did show the check was deposited and that I had an available balance. So I took my girlfriend for breakfast and when it was time to pay my atm didn't go thru. So I checked my balance and showed I was -100 and the check was on hold. So I called Chase and transfer me to loss prevention and told me that they couldn't verify the check that Bank of America didn't want to verify it. So I had to call HR department and payroll to let them know what was going on. They said they never had a problem before. So now my account is negative and will be on hold for 7 days as I was told by Chase representative.

My husband went into the Hillsboro, Oregon Branch of Chase bank August 8, 2016 and opened a checking account with $500. He had a coupon that offered $300 if you had a direct deposit set up, so he had his social security check set-up for a direct deposit at the same time. In January 2017, we checked to see why the $300 was never deposited. I called the main customer service number, and all they could say was that the coupon was expired. No kidding! I talked to a supervisor, and she told me I had to go to the branch and see why we didn't get it. My husband went into the branch and talked to them, and of course, they knew nothing about it. We have the coupon, and the proof of deposit.

This was nothing but a fraudulent scheme to get new customers. I plan to contact the attorney general of Oregon and would advise anyone else with problems with this bank to do the same. I believe this bank is as crooked as Wells Fargo, and unless people complain to the right office, they will continue with their unscrupulous practices.

In a recent survey, 56 percent of Americans said they have less than $1,000 in their checking and savings accounts combined, Forbes reports. Nearly a quarter (24.8 percent) have less than $100 to their name. That being said, I think it absolutely horrific that the Chase customer is charged an overdraft fee when in fact a direct deposit has cleared PRIOR to a check being presented. I am aware of the whole vague CHASE "SPIEL" as to why it's okay for Chase charge overdraft fees when the money is available, as follows: West Coast Time is different than East Coast Time - re:CHASE end of day. The order in which items are presented to the Chase Customer's account is not the reflective in real time as to what CHASE Representative says is real time posting. This has happened to me so many times that I can't give an accurate number.

The most recent was as follows: 1/6/17 my husband's direct deposit(s) are seen on my computer and available for use at the ATM. My balance is $869.66. 2 Checks I wrote are posted sometime after midnight. The FUNDS were AVAILABLE. We can go back and forth with what CHASE says and what the CUSTOMER is experiencing. The FACT that CHASE does not choose to ERR on the customer's behalf in these border/lines instances is due to NOTHING but GREED on CHASE's behalf. I was charged $34.00 for each of these two checks that were presented (when there was AVAILABLE funds). $68.00 is A LOT of money to be taken away without just cause. The Chase customer who experiences this, are the customers who live paycheck to paycheck. Why is it that they feel the need to take advantage of us? SHAME ON YOU CHASE!

I closed my account with them after I am done with the last payment in Oct 2016. Now they said someone stole my identity and has been opening account in my name. He knows everything about a lot of Chase clients. He must of being one of their employees. Because one manager told me that the guy is from Elgin, IL and I got some calls from Chase rep and it showed on the caller ID Elgin, IL. I honestly cussed the guy and hang up. Anyway, every rep tells you different things. They are something else, stories makers, liars. Never deal with CHASE.

I went to pay my rent. They put it in the wrong account. I called the local branch where I made the deposit. No one answers the phone. I called over 20 times in 2 days and they never answered. Making a trip to the branch was a waste of time. Rob the manager was rude. He said I needed the receipt from the day before and he would reverse the transaction. I drive home and get it. Upon my return Rob refused to reverse the transaction. He was so rude! Running home for the receipt was a 40 minute round trip. He was so rude other employees walked away shaking their heads.

Whenever I come into the branch they charge you to see what you want. On another visit I told Rob I needed to make several transactions. He pulls me out of line and said another employee could help at a desk. She was only able to help with one transaction then informed me the other transactions needed to be done at the teller. I walk over to the line which is 8 people long now. They just don't care about their customers. I was told I wasn't a high priority customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Chase associates are unprofessional and heartless. My father was hospitalized and wanted to combine all his assets before his death and the type of customer service we received from the Flushing Main Street branch and from some department on the phone was the most disgusting type of service we have ever encountered. My mother and Aunt went to the Main street branch to ask for help and they would not help at all or give any advice because they said my father would have to walk out of the hospital and come to the branch himself. Ultimately I was able to help my father in the hospital to transfer his funds for him online but then Chase called and left a message wanting to speak with him.

A dying elderly man who was so weak but still had a mental state of mind and was worrying about his funds used up all his energy to speak on the phone and the representative wanted him to figure out how to open a text to give a passcode to authenticate him. And by the time he figured how to use the phone, and told the passcode, the rep said it expired because it has a 5 minute window. They asked security questions which he answered all correctly because he knew his license plate and none of the options were his license numbers, they asked the type of car he had, none of the options were his car, and they asked if he bought pet insurance but none of the answers were his because he has no pets. They even try to tell him to punch his debit card pin expiration date and three numbers on the back of the card but we had to explain to the rep, I believe the rep was not knowledgeable at all.

My father did not have a debit card. He only have an ATM card because he only has a savings account, the blue and white one it has NO NUMBERS on the back. Still the rep would not extend any heart to help when all we wanted to ask was why did you guys call. All we want to do is close out his savings and transfer all the money to Capital One. The phone call was for an hour and the attitude and heartlessness of the representative and the supervisor was completely unacceptable. After talking and trying to help my father on the phone ultimately they said that if I called again that they were UNABLE to help at all and that the only resolution is that my father a dying man MUST LEAVE THE HOSPITAL and walk into the MAIN STREET BRANCH to speak to the person who opened his account to get help. That is not the way customer service and banking works.

We all really felt that everyone is pushing away responsibility and not taking ownership in trying to help the customer. It was her way of saying "Get off the phone. We are not helping you. Go to branch." But what if my dad was in another state, he would have to go to the branch to get help? What if the person who opened his account does not work there anymore, no one can help?? Even though as for my own service with Chase I had never had a problem but when I saw and heard the things the rep were saying when I was trying to help my dad, I could not believe that the training for these reps would be so unprofessional and how heartless they can be.

It seems like when they are opening account they will treat you well with smiles, but when you need help they don't care anymore. My family were all ultimately disappointed with not the PRODUCT but the TYPE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE received from the Flushing Main Street Branch and even more the two ladies that were on the phone.

I've changed my banks twice before because I usually go with local credit unions and needed a more common bank... Worst decision ever was to go with Chase!!! I am very on top of my finances (I'm a finance specialist) and I check my account periodically throughout the day. The first time I got fees from them was 3 at the same time because their system had a glitch!! I called explained what happen, offered screen shots I had taken showing everything was processed and then their system decided to put a transaction thru a second time which over drafted my account almost $200!!!

I called, explained and after arguing for about 20 mins the rep then reversed the fees. So this time I got an overdraft fee. I explained that there was money in my other checking account with them and that my brother was shot and killed Wednesday so I've been preoccupied. I asked if they could reverse it. I had to plan his funeral and pay out of pocket for a lot so I don't have extra money for an overdraft fee. The rep said they wouldn't do it and mentioned the first time they waived fees. After arguing with her for 15 mins she called me a liar (literally!) and said she will not reverse the charges!!!

This is ridiculous!!! I'm furious with this company!!! I'm already going through a hard enough time as is the last thing I need is a rep calling me a liar especially when I'm going through a hard time and my account has never been negative with them before (aside from their system glitch which the rep agreed was their fault!) I won't trust a company that's inconsiderate of family deaths and calls their customers liars!!! And I can assure you my family (I turned them onto Chase) will not be banking with you any longer!!!

I am a Chase Bank customer for 6 years. I had to call their customer service today for the first time. While I see my correct contact address online the agent and her supervisor seems to have a different address at their end. They don’t have an alternate option to verify the customer. How can the customer guess the address that they wrongly have on their system? I have to be on call for more than 15 min and they hang up the call and I was really shocked by their response. I will never recommend them for any banking needs. I am also a business account holder with them. I am looking forward to cancel both of my personal and business accounts with Chase.

On Monday 19 2016 I decided to open a checking account with Chase so I can receive direct deposit from my company and won't be charged a fee at a cashier for every check. That Monday I opened an account with Chase with a check of 560$. I was happy cause I could then receive all my companies deposits without worry. The next day a withdraw some money and before that I have ask a Chase employee if it was ok and he said 'Yes. NO worries, but you must keep your account at 1500$' so I won't be charged 12$ fee every month and I accepted, and said to him it was ok. Then on Friday I found out that my account was restricted. I called and customer service puts me on hold for every call 15 - 30 minutes with no solutions.

On my first call they told me that my check needed to be verified in order to get my account active again. That they called my company and none answered. That I shouldn't worry and call back again. I called next day and same situation. So I decided to go to Chase bank and speak with a representative face to face. She called just the same way I did. She was on hold also. I come to a bank to do the same thing I did. She told me that in the system everything was ok. That they withdraw the total amount from my boss' account and she was confused why was my account restricted and they told her that they needed to verify the check and none answered.

I tried to give them my boss' personal number cause I explained to him the situation and they said they only call the number within the business. They wanted him to come with me to Chase with prove of the account. My boss lives in a different city and he's very busy. So if I don't do that my account will be closed. I explained everything to my boss and he said he never had trouble with any other bank. And that company number has always been his same number. They were lying. I still need a good reason. Now I hate Chase. I also had 14$ refunded back to my account from an item I bought from the web and don't know now where it went. I will never open an account with them. I think they only serve rich people with tons of money but a middle class person like me so complicated!!! Unbelievable. Not verified but they got the money from my company. Smells fishy.

Recently I applied for a new credit card with three Banks. Chase, US Bank, and Barclays Bank. Credit cards were approved and delivered from US Bank and Barclays Bank but denied by Chase. Reason was given "too many credit cards opened in last two years". I called Chase and spoke to Alisa in new account at 888 609 7805 and then to Allen in Resolution dept at 800 453 9719. Note that all banks use same credit report. I have good history with Chase Bank in the past. I have also cancelled 12 credit cards in last year. I mentioned these two facts to Chase but they still denied. They refused to look at the facts I had provided them.

Both Alisa and Allen refused to send me in writing that they have declined in spite of the facts that I mentioned to them. They kept insisting on the computer's decision and ignoring how other two banks handled my application with same credit report. I consider Chase to be biased and not doing their job properly and professionally. I would advise everyone who reads this message not to deal with Chase.

The manager, Casey, at the Chase Branch on Glade Road in Colleyville is unhelpful, rude, and disrespectful to the customers who enter. She speaks to most individuals as if they are beneath her and lacking in their banking knowledge. She also seems to micromanagers those who report to her in the branch. I do not recommend this branch for business or personal banking.

I have been with Chase bank for over 15 years, and now I am very disappointed and ready to move all my business to a different bank. What is Chase bank thinking or maybe that is the problem they are not thinking. Where are all the tellers? Do they really think people prefer to do business with machines? What happen with the business/customer relationship, where is the customer service? Does Chase bank thinks that filling their branches with ATM machines is a good business? It is horrible!! You cannot explain to a machine how to wire money to another bank? I am sure there is a lot of people that still prefers to speak with a real person. This bank sucks!! I am giving one star because Zero is not an option.

I CLOSED my accounts with Chase. This is the worst bank possibly imaginable!!! So, their system is "rigged" to charge their customers overdraft fees. I was in the process of switching my bank accounts from Chase to WELLS FARGO, who is GREAT by the way. And in the process a check was charged to my Chase account which had next to no funds because all of my funds were transitioned over to my new bank account.

Anyways, so I kept monitoring the Chase account make sure nothing posted to that account and if so I would just deposit to funds to keep from any mishaps. But lo and behold the devil is a LIE!!! A check posted at "11:59 pm". So I was immediately charged a $34 fee at 12 am. One minute later. So of course I called and advised that I have by the end of business day to put the money in the account before the fee is charged!!! Per their policy!!! But then he goes well since it was posted at 11:59 we charged you the fee cause there was not enough time for you to make the deposit??? **!!! That check was intentionally posted at that time specifically to collect that $34 fee. Chase is horrible. One of the worst banks I have ever encountered...

Another issue was I had transferred from some $ from one account to another account to cover a check that may be posting. Now with the QuickPay services, you can transfer funds from one account to another Chase account free of charge and the $ is available immediately. Well I transferred the money at 10:30 that night and woke up with a fee. They claim that the check posted at 5:30 pm that day. Lies!! Because I checked my bank periodically throughout the day that check never reflected in my account. Sooo no one there could tell me why it did not show up on my account even though they could see that I logged into my account several times that day. Secondly, they claim that QuickPay has to be done pm eastern. Which is STUPID cause the funds are available immediately. I get irritated at the sound of Chase's name. I think they should be sued and shut down!!!

The whole Chase corporation is a facade. Chase is trying to make them stand out above all with their friendly people trying to give excellent customer service. However, when you bank with them or have a loan with them, they really don't make doing business easy. I have an auto loan that I have been paying on for 2 years and when I fall behind a month, they are certainly not there to help you. I asked to extend my loan a month, so I can be current again, but NO they want me to schedule a payment in two weeks, in which I will still be a month behind and late fees will be added again. They are criminals making money off of their customers.

Chase Bank is pretty high on the Greedometer! An $8.00 fee to cash a $200.00 Chase Customer's Check!!! That is the true definition of GREED. 4% fee is higher than the local liquor store. Imagine the Liquor Store having better Service than Chase Bank. Very Sad Statement for Chase Bank. Chase also lost any chance of having me as a FUTURE CUSTOMER!

I applied for a Chase Slate Card in 2016. I was rejected due to the number of hard credit inquiries within the last 2 years. I have a 730 FICO score, open Discover card with low outstanding balance, 11 credit inquiries within the last two years, and middle class income. I do not even have a mortgage. I do have an auto loan outstanding for about $5k. Chase is evil, and I do not trust them. They did not even give me a chance to call the reconsider phone number. I will NEVER apply for a Chase credit card ever again. Such a big evil bank, needs to be shut down IMMEDIATELY.

I ordered a skin serum online to try for $4.99 for a 15 day trial. I ended up being charged $89.99 and $89.95 for a membership fee and product fee. I did not give this company permission to authorize my account for the $89.99 and I also never received the product. I filed a claim through Chase and was denied. The merchant had lied and said I authorized the $89.99 and the product had been shipped. I kept refiling the claim until I was satisfied and still was denied. This merchant not only got away with my money but also kept the product. Chase refuses to look further into it and now I'm out $179.94 for a membership I do not have nor wanted to have and a product I never received. Chase needs to be sued right along with this fraudulent merchant.

Fraudulent Checks and fraudulent withdrawals were deposited and removed from my college students Chase account. The crime was committed by use of a credit/debit card and the criminal also knew the pin #. A total of 6, six checks were deposited all dated 8/12/2016, totaling $4,586.70, ALL written by a "Marilyn Monroe" to someone name K. ** via a Chase ATM machine on September 8, 2016. Then the criminal went on a spending spree on September 9, 2016. The bank alerted us about the transactions via text message when the crook attempted to make a $2,900 withdrawal. At this point we responded with a NO to the message ASAP. The bank was called and I thought it was all taken care of, the college account was closed, END OF STORY!

Well several weeks later Chase Bank withdrew $3,000 from my (the parent) savings account. I reached out to Chase bank again reported the problem. I explained to them that it was ALL fraud! And if they could look at previous transactions with the account they would see that it was not the norm. I also asked if Chase Bank could just look at the camera where the checks were deposited & they could then see that it was not my college student. But Chase refused to investigate the identity theft/fraudulent deposits or withdrawals. Chase bank told me that since I looked at my Chase Mobile account while the transactions was taking place, that I did not act quick enough to inform them of the crime. However the bank was called on September 9th as soon as we were aware of the problem.

I have a letter from my college students school and the attendance roster, stating my college student was in class at the time of the crime, and the crime took place 3 hours and 45 min away from the college. A police report with Daytona Florida police department (tracking # **) has been submitted, and we have requested a warrant be placed so that we can get access to the video from the bank. I have record of when the bank reached out to my college student, and I have requested copies of my phone records to prove a call was made to Chase bank as soon as we became aware of the incident.

Not only did Chase withdraw the $3,000 from my saving account, but they have also requested that I pay additional $1,000 to cover the fraudulent transactions. And if I fail to do so, I have been informed by Chase Bank they will send my name to a collection agency which will ruin my credit. I totally understand that this criminal act is prevalent, however I am a VICTIM not only by some low life criminal but also by CHASE BANK, to the tune of $4,000. HELP! I do NOT have that sort of money to just give away.

I went to the drive-thru to make a cash deposit of all of the tips I made throughout the month to pay my rent. As I arrived I realized I seemed to have misplaced my current drivers license but I had a recently expired ID, my student ID and my debit card. The teller explained that she cannot deposit the funds without a current ID because that is their policy. I explained that "I understand you have policies to uphold but I am just trying to make a deposit into my own account and you can see by the photos that I am who I say I am." I asked her to please make an exception. She told me that I would need to go inside to speak with someone.

I walked two blocks to the branch and spoke with the personal banker. He again explained their policy further elaborating, "There are a lot of bad people in the world and the policy is put in place to legally help Chase to prevent money laundering." I told him that I would like to close my account and he laughed saying, "You would need a current ID to do that too". I used the ATM to complete the deposit. Now the funds are pending so that I cannot make the payment on time and I will be charge a $50 fee from my landlord. I am just appalled by the corporate bureaucracy! In order to protect their big banks they treat their own account holders as criminals who do not even have the right to make a deposit?

So, long story short. I was a customer with Chase. I really liked Chase for the most part. Then a really yucky situation arises. I had found a roommate online, well she sent me a check that was fraudulent, now I understand I was in the wrong for not checking first, but I didn't think anything of it. Well fast forward I pay rent, go on with my day, I go to use my debit card and it was declined. I called Chase which was when I found out the check was fake. I spoke with the branch I normally went to and they insured me as long as I paid the balance back within 21 days I will be able to continue banking with Chase.

Fast forward 21 days, I return all the money within that time frame, which then they turn around and tell me I'm no longer allowed to bank with them because they do not believe me. I was completely in shock, I couldn't believe that I came forward did everything they asked and still go screwed. I felt betrayed, although I did something stupid I handled the situation and handled it right and still was looked at as a liar. It's ridiculous.

Before this week I would have given chase 5 stars. I have banked with them for 6 years and overall had a good experience. On 11/30/2016 my Paypal account was hacked and someone made 3 different purchases totalling $1200. Chase sent me an email asking for me to verify if I made the charges or not. I immediately called them to let them know that I had not made them. The lady said "no worries. We will cancel your debit card and send a new one out. The money should be refunded into your account within 72 hours."

I called and followed up on day 2 and was told the same thing, then on day 3 when my paycheck was deposited not only did they push the charges through but they had the nerve to charge me $34 for an overdraft fee. I called yet and again and then after being passed to 4 different departments I was told that I had just opened an Inquiry, not a claim. I told them that was not the case. They even cancelled my debit card. He told me he saw that but in the notes they told me I needed to resolve this with the merchant myself.

I cannot believe that after 6 years without over drafting my account they would think I would do something like this. I work 2 jobs to support my 2 year old twins. I don't know what is worse: that someone would steal my money 3 weeks before Christmas or that my bank didn't help at all and then also took more money from me after they were aware of the entire situation. It really makes me wonder if these companies are not in on all these fraudulent scams. Not Chase, Ebay nor Paypal would help me at all when they are the 3 companies that were involved in this scam. Sad to say Chase has completely lost a customer and I will go on every single website I can find to let anyone considering chase what a horrible bank this has become.

Chase put my card on hold for a simple online order that was authorized more than once due to it being back ordered. Reps were little to no help. Spoke to Jennifer and then a Janice or Jandice. I was polite and complied with them understanding they are doing their job. Each time I had the authorized user on the line, they assumed we were fraud. They were bias from the beginning. Never asked for social or date of birth. Wanted the questions they asked 100% accurate.

The authorized user spoke and understood little English. She did not know what an email address is nor the model of a car. Just the make. With the help of a translator she was still unable to give the full answers. The rep could not comprehend why. I couldn't explain or help her understand, the rep would assume I'm telling her fraudulent info. They basically have it on Fraud alert. Someone will call us back and then what? Go through the same questions again? Just get to the point. Don't assume we are fraud. There was no changing someone mind.

As soon as they heard a customer with an accent, they assume something's up. This is very frustrating. It could have easily been solved. There was no issue. I've done customer service for 14 years. Dealt with fraud, been victim or fraud. Don't assume or accuse us of fraud. Activity on card was often, online orders, small amounts, big amounts. Primary card user present. In the end they'll end up asking for the social and date of birth but wanted to hold the account for a few days anyways. Reps are biased. Their tone automatically changed including their... ummm... hmmm... ok.

I had a close friend QuickPay me money $300. When he sent last week he did via email. No problems. Today he sent me funds and pushed to send via text. I received the text. Also had to have a text message with code provided by Chase to open in Safari instead of my app. Which went to my phone. As I followed the procedures there was no money to be accepted. When we both called the bank on a conference call with Chase they stated that my phone number was linked to someone else's account. And that the person that has my number linked to their account has taken the money. With numerous requests to Chase from the sender to retract the money. That it was suppose to go to me. They said they can not. The other person has it. He had told them it is not meant for them. They pretty much said, "That's your problem!" Seriously. So they are allowing fraud. And theft.

They explained to us on conference call that they will contact the person and ask them to return funds to rightful owner. Does any of that make sense? We entrust the bank. We trust their system is safe. I got the text messages to my phone for the QuickPay. It say to... my name... but because someone a long time ago had my phone number, they are allowed to take money not belonging to them. It's just ok? Even my seven year old told me, "Mommy that's stealing. That's bad." So now I am waiting for whoever stole the money is ok with returning it. I can even wrap my head around this. This makes no sense.

Their customer service Terrell or however you spell his name was so rude and arrogant. In claims department. I just can't understand why the bank we trust with our money has no power. Can't go and retrieve money that was obviously stolen from the sender to wrong account. I'm furious with their procedures and their 0% customer loyalty. They won't even take it from the thief and return to the sender. Nothing. Just nicely ask if they can return what they stole. So I think, "If I put Bill Gates' phone number listed in my Chase QuickPay account I'm legally allowed to take his funds." Hmmm. So if anyone wants free money, put other people's phone numbers in your QuickPay account, and you allowed to take any money sent to that number, and you don't have to worry about any repercussions. Thanks Chase. Thanks a lot for allowing fraudulent activities within your business.

When you shop with mortgage, please be carefully with Chase, as it has access to your Chase bank account. They can withdraw so-called application fee anytime without your authorization. You will not be able to stop it. My strong advice. Stay away from them.

Chase is a joke. Despite having to wait 24 hours on regular business days to for mobile deposits, checks do not clear on weekends or holidays. Additionally, they make zero funds available no matter the amount of the deposit. Then when you tell them you need some available to pay your bills that are due, they hold your money in limbo. They will not cancel a check deposit because it is "pending" and additionally, they will not make any funds available because it is "processing" and they cannot see it on their end, EVEN THOUGH YOU TAKE A PICTURE OF THE CHECK IN ORDER TO DEPOSIT IT BY MOBILE CHECK DEPOSIT.

After getting the runaround from every "supervisor" that exists, I still received the same answer over and over; an arbitrary policy that means nothing to people when they are poor. Additionally, I have been depositing the same amount every month for 3 years from the same person (a trust account at that). Once my check clears tomorrow I will be cashing ANOTHER check and then withdrawing all of my funds because the teller proceeded to remind me that I only have $4 in my bank account, DESPITE HAVING 1400 PENDING! Learn to speak to people and respect the people whose money you are making your money off of!

I went to my local Chase Bank to close my account with them. The woman that helped me decided to close my credit card as well. I told her I did not want my credit card to be closed and she said that she would go ahead and let them know it was not to be closed. After a month, I go to use my credit card and it's denied. I call the number on the card and they said it was closed. Long story short, it took me almost 2 hours on the phone speaking with 12 different people from both Chase AND the credit card services in order to get them to reinstate the account! It's no wonder they have such bad reviews. Never again with the bank have my business.

I have had multiple occasions when Chase has shuffled my transactions resulting in my account going negative because I use auto payment services with my credit card. They would not reverse the fees and would not help. This isn't the first time I caught it either their in store employees helped then and saw what I was talking about and didn't blatantly lie and say, "It's just how our system works." On top of this their phone service reps are rude and not helpful. They have little to no available options/power to help customers so there's almost no point in calling. I will be closing my account as soon as possible and taking my business elsewhere.

Made our normal monthly mortgage payment for 11/1/16 which is $1991.17. Problem is Chase electronically transferred $7991.17. I found out at the food store we shop for our weekly groceries on my debit card was denied. Called my bank I wrote the check from, they told me the 2 institutions trusted each other. Went to my local Chase bank. They told me there they could not service an existing mortgage but could surely apply for a new mortgage, what a joke. So the bank manager called someone and put me on the phone inside the branch, told me it would take up to a week to get the money back and they were real sorry, but the account is current.

2 days later the money is back in my account and the same day foreclosure letters come certified mail, 6 of the same letter. This day I call the mortgage service center in Arizona again, they assure me all is good, account is current. Now I make another payment, they receive it and the foreclosure start coming again. I make another payment. This from my records, they received 2 months payments in the same month. Now the day after Thanksgiving they send me another statement with late fees.

Now the whole month of Nov 2016 has been complete turmoil thanks to Chase bank. So I decide to call the special assistant assigned to my personal case. Call the number, nothing but a computer. Called mortgage service and guess what, the person that sent me the letter introducing herself as my personal chase assistant DID NOT EXIST.

On Nov 25, 2016 I demanded to speak to a senior specialist out there in Arizona only to say her first initial is A. She answered my question with questions, she would not repay any late fees, she had no want to do anything for me. When I asked her if she knew of any class action lawsuits she tried to tell me it was my bank I wrote the check from problem. Then she told me there was nothing she could do, the computer did everything. So I told her the best way to fix a broke computer is to unplug it. The last of all the funniest thing in between the 10 foreclosure letters they sent me, Chase sent me a advertisement to lower my interest rate. I will be in search of any lawsuits against Chase.

My Thanksgiving with my family was ruined because a rep misinformed me about the process of a payment being reversed. I called on 11/22 to request a reversal on a payment I made to them due to a emergency. I was assured that they would look into the matter and even put rush on the matter. I went through Thanksgiving without the matter resolved. I called today 11/25 and was told the request was denied because it would make the payment past due which technically the payment would have been past the due date not past due 30 days. If I was told that on 11/22 when I called I could sought of other ways to resolve my emergency, but I relied on Chase to assist me and they failed miserably. I know this not matter because they have their money but it ruined my family's Thanksgiving. I will be seeking out another bank to finance my car. Thanks Chase for nothing!

We attempted to purchase airline tickets. However according to the site the transaction failed. Proceeded to attempt paying for a meal and at checkout my card was declined. Called the credit card company and am advised my account was flagged for charges x 3 from the same biller. However after further review they allowed that same charge to go thru an additional 10 times. Total loss to me within a matter minutes was $2800. What kind of Fraud Protection do they have going on at Chase? Not much of one if you ask me. Proceeded to ask for several supervisors after being told about their convoluted claim process. Finally, got connected to Brian who continued to be non-supportive of my dilemma.

After a strained conversation with Brian I realized I have no recourse but to proceed with their convoluted claim process. My question is what kind of fraud protection was Chase providing me? NONE!! It took me a long time to save $2800 and within a matter of minutes Chase gave my money away! The consumer is at the mercy of the banking system and retailers. Going to start keeping my money in a coffee can. "Chase Fraud Protection" is a joke and a waste! Consumers beware!

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

Chase is the consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), a major global financial services firm. Chase Bank’s reach spans almost half of America’s households.

• Services: Chase’s services span the banking sphere and include personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice.
  • Highly ranked: According to their website, Chase has received numerous awards and recognition for their products and services.
  • Digital banking: Chase is at the forefront of electronic banking including mobile, online, e-pay, account alerts and more.
  • Financing options: With everything from student loans to home equity lines of credit, Chase Bank has the financing options for students, military, home buyers, business owners as well as typical consumers.
  • Account rewards: Chase products may include special rewards and promotions. Chase offers a variety of checking and savings accounts for retail customers, including free, no-fee options and interest earning accounts.
  • Best for Chase Bank offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions