2. Finance
Chase Bank

Chase Bank

3.6/5 (1689 ratings)

About Chase Bank

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Chase Bank, Let me start off with how Chase bank, you guys, used to be my favorite bank, I got my very first account with Chase as a high school student, my entire family banks with them and has several accounts with them. Their online system is convenient, especially during the pandemic which allowed me to avoid going into one of the branches. The pandemic has affected everyone differently, for me, I am a college student, and I just earned my bachelor’s degree this past spring of 2021. Like many others my age I don’t have a job, I’m currently working as an intern, and my living situation isn’t ideal for someone my age. The pandemic has really affected my age group in finding a job that will allow me to support myself with essential needs.

Early July of this year, 2021, I found out someone somehow stole $740 dollars from my Chase savings account, the transaction date was June 28th, 2021. I was not only shocked but also scared of the idea that I was been scammed/hacked. When I discovered that my money was missing, I thought of all the ways I could have been compromised, was it through Chase’s online banking app, through a merchant processor, or even someone stealing my information at a gas station. I have absolutely no clue.

I called your fraud department, explained my situation to your fraud department, and followed their lead. They had me file a fraud claim for $740 dollars. After filing my claim with them, they reimbursed me $740, but shortly after they debited my account for that same amount. I then called back because I was confused. When I asked what was going on the representative I spoke to said, “your claim was denied because there was no fraudulent activity in your account.” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I was so confused and tried to explain to the fraud department that someone stole funds from my savings account. I have my savings account hidden on the Chase app because it is my emergency money.

I need to be cautious when I spend it. So having it not easily visible makes me feel like I don’t really have that money to spend. Instead of understanding my situation, I felt helpless. During this time on the phone, I learn from the representative that I lost another $868 back in April 2021. At this point I’m even more terrified because now the same people have now taken over $1,600 away from me. I know $1,600 isn’t a lot to some people, but to me it is. This was pretty much all my emergency money. I have a feeling that it was the same person/group because there was an account number attached to the unauthorized transfer of my money to their account. I then had to file a second claim for the newly discovered missing funds. Your bank again reimbursed me for $868.

At this point, I really needed my money and was afraid that you would deny my fraud claim as you’ve done before, so I decided to take it out of my Chase account and put it into my Bank of America account. When following up for the original $740 every representative I spoke to told me I had to prove to them that it wasn’t me that stole the money from my own account. When I tell you how shocked I was, you wouldn’t believe me. I couldn’t believe was I was hearing. Everyone I spoke with, both on the phone and in person, basically told me they think it was me and that I am the one scamming them. I really needed my money back, so I did my best, and I got a police report and sent it to Chase. This made no sense to me and didn’t feel like this was fair banking. How come I was approved for $868 but then denied it for $740? If I’m right, then you can’t pick and choose whatever transaction you want, that itself is unethical.

I told everyone I spoke to, representatives from multiple departments, that I discovered the funds were transferred to an account held at Capital one. I do not have any association with Capital One, but I called Capital One to see if they could help me get more information on this account but, of course, they couldn’t help due to whatever privacy reasons they explained to me and said Chase would have to work with them directly through their fraud department. It doesn’t make sense that I am doing trying to do your job and figure out what happened to my money. Your escalation team or investigation team should be working with Capital One not me, but I’ve been put in this position to where I felt desperate to call Capital One directly to see if I can figure anything out.

I’ve been accused of stealing money from my own account and now must do my own investigating? Why did I even open an account at Chase? Why do I have a bank account with this bank if you guys do not care to protect me and my money? If this happened to one of your larger clients, I believe you would never treat them like this. But because I lost what seems like a small amount of money, it seems to me that you guys don’t have the decency to care about my situation. And on top of all that having to prove that it wasn’t me? I’ve been accused of a crime I did not commit. I have been treated unfairly, discriminated against, and been called a thief. I’ve done my part and maybe even more, but what has Chase done for me? I even had my mom come into the branch with me to see if she could talk to someone but of course, we got no help. It’s almost like everyone I tried to talk to did not care about my situation because it wasn’t benefiting anyone with a sale. My issue isn’t profitable.

It’s now September 2021 and I still haven’t gotten a response or any effort from them. I don’t know what to do. It’s me against one of the largest corporations in the country. No one has given me my $740. No communication either. I don’t have a lot of money, I don’t understand everything when it comes to the banking system, they treated me like a scammer because I am Indian. Fun fact, not all Indians work in I.T. I’ve never felt so small in my life. All I’m asking is for MY $740 back Chase. I feel so lost because I’ve literally done everything I could’ve.

Chase, please give me my $740. I trusted you guys to protect my money, but you have let me down. You know someone like me has no chance against you, but you cannot act unethically and treat people this way. You guys are out of compliance with The Fair Banking Act. I have documented all my interactions with the company and know $740 isn’t a lot but if I have to, I will sue, and it won’t be for the amount of $740. I’ll expose Chase for what they truly are. I will be sending a letter to Chase directly, Consumer Affairs, Better Business Bureau, and to the FDIC.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I had their United Credit Card which had a fee. I haven't used the card in two years and setup auto payment for all my cards and have forgotten there even was a $99/year membership fee. I closed my bank account with them because I moved abroad. The membership was up for renewal in April but I didn't get a bill for it until June. When I called to close my account, the $99 membership fee more tripled to almost $300. I asked them if they can remove the late fees and interest and I'll just pay the membership fee. They refused. I will never use them again. I refuse to pay the extra fees even if it ruins my credit rating. I don't need credit.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Beware, Chase Bank DOESN'T keep your money safe! A few weeks ago, a scammer wrote me a check for $23,000 to purchase a car with $8,500 going to shipping that car (along with a few others he was supposedly buying in the Florida area) up to Philadelphia. I deposited the check on 8/9/21 and Chase bank put a 9-day hold on it to make sure it would clear. I was actually grateful for that. I told the scammer that no car or money would be transferred until the check cleared. Nine days later, the check cleared and the money was legitimately in the bank. He had me send $8,400 to give to the "shipper". I sent the money to the shipper and scheduled the date for pickup. The day the car was supposed to get picked up I got an email saying the scammer's father, for whom he was purchasing the car, had died that day and could he have his money back. Fortunately I said no.

ALMOST A WEEK LATER... on 8/27/21 I logged into my chase account to find every penny left in my checking account had been cleared out. I panicked thinking this guy had hacked my account somehow. It was worse...Chase had allowed TD Bank, (the bank that issued the check) to go back in and reclaim everything in my checking account. This was almost three weeks after I deposited the check AND NINE DAYS after the check had cleared!! What kind of bank lets their own customer's accounts just get cleared out long after a check has been cashed, had a hold on it, verified that it was okay and then three weeks later just lets another bank come in and take all the money left in the account?!

Do not trust Chase. They do not care about their customers or the money in your accounts. They will give away your money and let other banks just come in and pilfer your accounts. Money is not safe with chase and now I am left with a zero account balance in a time where I have no job because my after-school art program business was destroyed by covid. Please share this story as a word of warning to others so they don't get scammed by Chase Bank. DO NOT TRUST CHASE BANK.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I am just tired of all the hidden fees chase has on their bank accounts just to have them open. There are many stipulations that I was not aware of. I am still waiting on a few charge backs. One that will take 75 days and another that was supposed to be 5 business days but now seems to have extended further than what they told me. I hate dealing with all these issues, it like a bad marriage I cant get out of.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Chase bank is a bunch of rip off artists. I had a charge refunded and they are telling me that I won't get it back for 3 to 5 days even though they told me that they had already received it. Why 3 to 5 days. Is that so the management can do a circle jerk with it before they give it back?! With today's technology I can send money to anyone in the world in a couple of seconds but Chase bank wants to fondle the money (and themselves probably) for 3 to 5 business days. At least with Wells Fargo you could get someone to answer the phone when you called. With Chase you're lucky to get someone to answer the phone even when their customer service center is open. They really should rethink using the word service at all. I don't think it means what they think it means.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I have spoken to many reps and supervisors at Chase and NO ONE has been helpful. They are RUDE and my claim has had no resolution they allowed a company to steal my money and they are not helping me. Eve ** the manager I just spoke to just let me know the bank can’t do anything for me and their hands are tied. This is unacceptable they said they will fight for Me but they are ONLY going off of what the company that scams people. Visa is also an issue in this since they’re the ones that also does not do their due diligence when customers are being scammed and robbed. And chase is telling me they can’t do anything for me.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I was railroaded into banking with Chase back in 2008 when they bought my second mtg. on an interest only loan. They made a load of money off me. They didn't honor the original contract and kept charging me additional fees that I repeatedly spent hours and hours and hours fighting to get back. I've finally been able to refinance. Now, I had a bunch of money transferred into a Chase personal checking, and I planned to move it to a new bank. Chase refused to give me my money even though they had the money or could have written a cashier's check. The balance said that all the funds were available and Chase acknowledge that the funds were available. We're talking about 50K. I closed my accounts and they still refused to give me my money.

I spent most of the day across two separate branches trying to get this issue resolved. The VP of the second branch abandoned her effort with the technical support team to get the issue resolved. I got angry because my accounts were closed. I couldn't access my money, and they refused to give me my money. SHE called the police on me and tried to get me to leave. The police showed up. They stayed and waited for her to do her job. They didn't kick me out. After more long waiting, she said the funds wouldn't be available until the next day even though the system read that the funds were available.

My accounts are closed. They are holding my money. I've lost a lot of time, resources, and have gone through a lot of grief AND I have to go back again tomorrow to try and get my money. I think they hold on to money and earn interest off of it because Jamie Dimon lost billions and billions of dollars in crooked hedge fund trades. Rotten lying crooks. Turn and run from these pigs. They have my money!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

In June of 2020 I purchased a Mac mini through the Chase Ultimate Rewards Apple Store, in June of 2021, the computer started shutting off at random, and progressed quickly to the point where it no longer worked at all. I took the computer to a local repair place where (due to Covid shipping times) I had to wait for quite a while to hear the device cannot be repaired. I was told they tried replacing the RAM and the power supply and neither worked so the machine was determined to have faulty hardware, which they admitted is unusual for Apple.

I called Chase and was told I am totally out of luck, they will cover products for 15 days after a purchase. Chase ultimate rewards believes that it is usual and acceptable for a premium product such as an Apple computer to have hardware malfunctions that render the machine useless after only one year. Apple has a limited warranty, but Chase does not stand by the product they offer their loyal customers. I will have to consider removing my personal and business accounts away from Chase- if they don’t stand behind their products how can you trust them with your information, your money, and your credit? I do not recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I opened an online banking acct, Chase closed it two days later because I didn’t show two forms of ID but this is after I deposited my paycheck. They held my paycheck hostage almost two months and every customer service agent I called gave me a different date when my paycheck should be mailed out me. They literally held it until I threatened to sue them. Liars and thieves.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Good on fraud alerts but needs to a final "accept" on emails when asked "was this you" cause if NO is selected in error your card is cancelled immediately. Customer Service reps are foreign, can't understand a word they're saying. Then I asked for a manager needless to say She's foreign too, explains for all the foreign reps. Regardless after 5 calls my problem was not resolved and it's going to be another week before I can use my debit card again. It's already been 2 thanks to all of the incompetence.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

They charge insufficient fund fees when they can see a deposit is pending and are unreasonable and ruthless when you question them about this practice. They have no respect for customers and no regard for long term banking with them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I have been a consumer for 30 years. Account was hacked. I informed Chase of which involuntarily closed my account. I have no access to my Social security disability check for the last 2 months. I repeatedly inform chase I have NO money to live on, and they respond by passing the buck either to another department or Social Security Administration. Investigation of my account has been ongoing for 2 1/2 months with continuous lies from all parties at Chase. Including their executive Office. All I want to know is "where is my money" and how long does it take to refund my money for a 20 year Chase customer?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

My sister recently issued two checks to my daughter - one for her birthday and another for high school graduation. My daughter deposited these checks into her Chase savings account. Apparently my sister's signature on both checks went below the signature line and into the numeric code at the bottom of the check. My daughter's account was then closed by Chase. When my wife called customer service on behalf of my daughter, she was told that the case had been sent to the Chase Fraud department...because of an errant endorsement signature.

My daughter and wife have since gone to the local Chase branch in person and spent hours on the phone trying to get my daughter's money issued back to her without resolution i.e. they are keeping my 17 year old daughter from accessing the money she had in her Chase savings account right before she goes to college when she will need it the most. I strongly urge you to not open account with Chase, as this could easily happen to you and you also would not be able to access the money you deposited into your Chase savings account.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Chase is the worst financial institution to bank with. Roughly 4 months ago I open a checking's account on line with literally no problem. I was not asked to come into a branch to verify any personal information, show I.D. Nothing. In a matter of days I received my debit card. Fast forward to literally just this past friday august 6th, 2021 I decided to open a saving accounts. I proceeded to open the savings account the same exact way I open the checkings account which was online. Shortly after I opened the savings account I immediately transfer $300.00 from the already existing checkings into the savings, within hours the savings account was flagged as fraud and I received a message stating I had to call customers service because Chase restricted the savings account and my $300.00 which I transfer was no longer available to me.

As I'm speaking to the customer service rep he states "Chase flagged your account for fraud". I said "This makes no sense! How is the account flagged for fraud?! I opened the account the same was I opened my checkings. You can also see the money was transferred from my checkings to my savings." He says, "The reason it was flagged for fraud was because it was opened online". I was totally confused because again this was how I opened my checkings, on line, was not once was I asked to come into a branch and bring documents to verify my id. The customer service agent as well was confused and proceeds to tell me I must come into the branch with 2 forms of id to prove it was me who open the savings and the restriction on the account would be lifted.

At this point I was beyond upset because the purpose of opening the savings was to set aside funds I was going to use to go away for the weekend with my daughter. I go into the bank the very next day not only with 2 forms of id but my lease and electric bill to fully verify who I am and the banker sees a note on my account stating she must call with proof of my ids to override the restriction on the account. When I tell you this only gets worse is literally an understatement. Ms. ** calls speaks with a rep and supervisor, shares the documents I have, scans and emails over my information for them to tell her they can not override the restriction and the money is no longer in my savings account and there is nothing that can be done all because the account was opened on line!!

I am suffering for their mistake because online is exactly how my checkings account was opened! Ms. ** the banker stressed to the supervisor on the phone "This makes no sense for her to be penalized for opening a savings on line when it was the same way she opened her checkings account. How is this being considered fraud? She is going away this weekend and needs her money. I know we are allow to authorize a credit until this ridiculous verification has been processed." The supervisor then proceeds to tell the banker to tell me "There is nothing we can do because the money is no longer in her account, chase has taken the money, is processing it and will return the money once they prove this was not a fraudulent transaction, otherwise, the money does not belong to her."

I have never heard anything so stupid in my life!! If it was such a problem to open an account online why was my checkings account approved and not flagged when it was open online roughly 4 months ago!? How is opening a saving account and transferring my funds fraud?! What right does a financial institution have to keep money that does not belong to them?! I was literally in the bank for 2 hours politely fighting this, in tears until I couldn't any more! My 7 year old daughter was with me and was in tears as well because she saw me crying asking if I was going to be ok, asking why is the bank keeping money that doesn't belong to them, saying mommy "This isn't right. Banks aren't suppose to steal from their customers".

Today monday 08/09/2021 all I was told was my money is in a "Limbo state" (what in the world is a limbo state?) and "Hopefully" tomorrow tuesday 08/10/2021 the funds will be bank in my account. Never in my life have I encountered such unprofessionalism, never have I heard of money being take from a customer and never have I heard such nonsense about funds being in a limbo state! Once this problem has been resolved I will definitely close these account and will never deal with this bank again. I suggest anyone reading close any / every account you do have with chase and find yourself a better financial institution whose departments not matter which one you need are open 24/7, are professional and provide better customer service than what you will ever find with chase. To simply pronounce the name of this financial institution makes me sick to my stomach.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Please please PLEASE!!! If you're in a need of a bank account DO NOT SET IT UP WITH CHASE. They dont care about their customers and never answer or try to help you whatsoever. PLEASE do not be mesmerized by all the other reviews. Do yourself a favor and spare the headache and choose whatever other bank company there is besides this one!!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I recently had an awful experience with Chase Bank. I had one of their credit cards and had automatic payments set up and therefore paid on time consistently. I didn't realize that the automatic payments are set to end after a certain amount of time, and when I had two payments left, I got a message from Experian via email (not Chase) that I had a late payment and my credit scored had gone down. When I realized it was Chase, I called them and they were very condescending about the situation, telling me that I should have known the automatic payments were coming to an end (because I should have been logging in to my account all the time to make sure their automatic payments were still working).

When I asked why they didn't leave me a voicemail or email me to let me know that my auto payments were ending, they told me that they have 2 million Chase customers and can't possibly email them all. Which makes no sense because snail mail is a lot more difficult (and unreliable) than email! Also I moved twice over the past year and didn't get their letters but they didn't care. Furthermore, they email me ALL THE TIME with all kinds of offers, but can't email me to tell me about something I actually care about? It feels like they were just trying to get a late payment out of me and don't care at all about me as a customer.

I spoke to 2 different customer service people who didn't understand my situation at all, so I emailed customer service via my Chase account and they emailed me back and asked me to call customer service. So, because I had said in my email that I had already called and gotten nowhere, I thought they had read my email and were going to reconsider my negative credit reporting. Otherwise, why would they ask me to call customer service to just get the same rude treatment? When I called customer service I was again treated poorly and got again the same answers, so I just wasted more of my time. I will never do business again with Chase bank, but I'm sure they won't care, since as they pointed out, they have over 2 million customers.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

If you are or were a customer with Chase please leave a review of a time that you made a deposit through the ATM and the machine did not read your deposit, tells you something went wrong, and spits out a receipt to you not showing you any information but a 800 number to call so you can file a claim or see what happened to your deposit. Well that happened to me on a July 6th. I made an ATM deposit to my business account in the amount of $1600 cash in hundred and twenty dollar bills. Only for this entity to go into my account without my knowledge and take $1513 without an explanation.

After hours on hold someone finally tells me that after their “investigation” only $87 was found. $87???? Why and how would I deposit $87.00 to my business account not a personal account but a business account that I’ve had with JP Morgan Chase & Co. for years. I’m a small business owner whose account is now comprised and in the red because of this huge mistake.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

The ATM at Chandler, AZ Alma School branch accepted my $900 cash deposit and returned a receipt telling me to call an 800# to make sure it went through??!! Almost 48-hours later and my money has VANISHED??? Totally unacceptable.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I had a claim. Someone in PayPal stole money 96.99 dollar and I reported to Chase. They said they investigate but I don’t believe it because I call PayPal and they said they haven’t reach them plus I ask them to give me the person that said they send me something. Don’t know what they send and they refuse to give me that information but they give them my money and I don’t have rights to ask who stoled it if you're not going to do nothing but no success.

They kept putting me on hold and hanging up on me. Just today I got two people that try but I know they not going to lose their job f ok for someone they don’t know but anyway the paper they send me don’t have the person email, no phone. I want to know how they got in touch. That something I would never know because they cover for this man. It don’t even say what they send. If I only could take a picture and paste here. But they didn’t let you for you could see I’m right anyway. Be safe and careful with your account and check it every minute for you could not get cheap by other and Chase. God bless everyone.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

We reporting Chase to the police on today. Customer of theirs exchanged product after delivery, disputed payment, even with CRUSHING evidence he's fraud, Chase accepted dispute. What's wrong with you USA? Are this is country of scammers? We are dealing all over the world, but 80% of scammers are coming from USA!

Original review: July 21, 2021

Chase is stealing money from my checking account. This goes on at least once or twice a week. I check my bank balance daily, and I have the same numbers they do. Is anyone else having this problem? They steal up to around $182 from my checking account. They won't give it back to me because no matter how much I complain to them, they say they aren't stealing from me. This especially happens when I am waiting for a transaction or two to come through. These guys are thieves! Don't bank with them! I have no choice because I filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy three years ago. I can't bank anywhere else right now. I have one more year until my bankruptcy is paid off.

Original review: July 20, 2021

The process started on a good note. The home lending advisor told us all of the good things that we wanted to hear with our mortgage and what our estimated costs will be. I was unemployed at the time (in May) so my wife and I added my father to our loan to help cover my missing income. We told them that he was recently retired as of late 2020 and they said it was fine and that his dividend/capital gains income will count. Turns out that was not the case and we only learned this about 3 weeks later because our first client care specialist disappeared and we had no contact for 3 weeks. We even called the original lender with no response. (We are now only 2 weeks out from the original closing date.)

At this point (early June) I returned to work so my income was included again but of course now my income won't offset my father's debts. They refused to remove him from the loan (citing Chase policy) and had to start our loan process from scratch 2 weeks before closing. So the date had to be pushed back to July 9th which was within their 3 weeks chase closing guarantee. Throughout this entire process I was given a whole bunch of empty promises and apologies of how they had given me wrong information but nothing no reassurances that they could take care of the matter in a timely fashion.

I'm given a 2nd client care specialist who was unavailable more often than when she was present so I had to deal with her boss mostly and catch her up to speed about this long winded process. Each day was this constant cycle of me saying "is there any more information you need in order to get to closing?" They always said, "No we have everything we need" (because all they did was look at my MyHome portal to see that I had no tasks). The next day there was always something else that they needed and the process was halted because they were waiting on said information. This stretched the process out until 7/15 when we closed. But only learned the day before that chase's estimates for closing costs were $7000 more than what they kept telling me. They had this information for months but never bothered to update the actual mortgage disclosure documents to reflect what my closing costs were actually going to be.

Even when I asked about missing information all they did was read back to me the unfinished closing document. It also doesn't help that the point people who are supposed to guide me through this process knew as little as I did and only regurgitated what information is given to them by their "specialist" teams who can only be contacted by email??? Your own departments can't even contact each other by phone dragging out an already long and difficult process. I will never use Chase for any services after this awful awful experience.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I had the worse experience with this bank. I was given the hardest time cashing a check from my deceased parent. I went to several branches and made countless phone calls to to have my issue resolved. I was told different thing by multiple individuals in how to resolve the issue, finally someone assisted with completing my request 3 months after my parent’s death. Then once the check was cleared I was billed additional a fees and the company refused to reverse the charges. I have been with Chase over 10 year and after this experience I plan to close all of the accounts that me and my wife has. DO NOT BANK WITH THIS COMPANY!

Original review: July 7, 2021

I wish there is a negative score available in terms of rating, CHASE Retail Bank Division is there to trouble the customer, not to help the customers in banking services. I will look forward to close all my accounts with CHASE soon. I'm very disappointed with my recent transactions and check deposit service.

Original review: July 4, 2021

I signed up for Chase after years of constant issues with Wells Fargo. I absolutely hate Chase's app or online platform. It rarely ever works properly if at all. Most of the time you get an error msg saying try again later. Right now I was trying to use the Turn your card off option and it gave me an error with all 5 attempts so I'd like to know when I report fraudulent charges bc I was unable to turn my card off, how well Chase will do to remedy the situation. It's just not user friendly or convenient at all. They really need to get their web services up to par or I may be leaving to go to another bank where I have less frustration and where I feel my money is safe.

Original review: July 2, 2021

The absolute worst customer service I have experienced in years. Chase locked my account after I attempted to complete a Zelle transaction, citing "suspicious activity" and advised me to call 877-691-8086 to resolve the problem. I was placed on hold for 40 minutes waiting on a customer service representative. The representative spoke poor English and would not listen to the problem. After 5 minutes of babbling I was transferred to an automated system to provide additional security information (beyond what had already been provided to the representative). The automated system glitched and I was returned to the representative who then told me the only solution was to hang up, be placed on hold again for an unknown period of time and go through the exact same process again.

I requested to speak with a supervisor. 20 minutes later a supervisor answered. She was initially helpful, and asked to put me on hold for a "few minutes" to see if she could resolve the problem. 10 minutes later she returned telling me that there was no resolution other than to call back and go through the process again, but that she had entered my contact information in their system and that when I called back I would be answered immediately and not put on hold.

This was clearly a lie. Sadly I bought it rather than asking for the next supervisor up the line. I hung up, called the number I was provided, and was immediately put on hold with an automated message telling me "hold times are currently in excess of 30 minutes"... So now, almost 2 hours later, I am still sitting on hold waiting on Chase to unlock my account that shouldn't have been locked in the first place, and am hopeful that their automated system doesn't glitch again causing yet another hour long hold. I've been a customer for 6 years and have kept a substantial amount of money in Chase the entire time. That will end next week. I'll do a little research and will be the customer of one of their competitors shortly.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I was on hold almost 2 hours. Representative didn't seem to know her job, kept asking me the same questions over and over and my problem wasn't solved. My husband whose been with Chase 40 years, we're leaving.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I transferred $10K from Chase to PNC Bank last Nov. The transaction failed for no reason and the fund DIDN'T go back to my Chase account! I visited PNC and Chase bank to dispute the transaction and NONE OF THEM take responsibility! Now my money just get LOST!! The most irresponsibility bank I ever used! If you don't want lose your money, NEVER use them!!!

Original review: June 28, 2021

I truly believe that Chase is absolutely the worst of the worst. Chase’s so-called customer service is abominable (it should be called customer disservice) and its handling of its depositors’ money is extremely incompetent and sloppy, which is being generous. It is my personal opinion that I have reason to at least question Chase’s solvency and Chase’s ability to meet its obligations to its customers.

I had two checking accounts, three credit cards, and a safe deposit box with Chase for many years. To the best of my recollection, I never bounced a check or failed to pay my credit card balances in full each month on or before the due date. Nonetheless, I received a letter from Chase stating that Chase had (past tense) cancelled all of my Chase credit cards, without any notice to me, at least seven days before I received Chase’s letter. The letter also informed me that Chase was cancelling my Chase checking accounts and my safe deposit box. The letter failed to provide any reason whatsoever for Chase’s draconian actions.

I made numerous calls and sent numerous letters to Chase to learn why Chase had canceled my accounts, but Chase has steadfastly refused to give me a reason for their bizarre cancellation. The Chase staff at the branch I used was palpably shocked by Chase’s cancellation of my accounts because I was an exemplary Chase customer. The Chase staff made several calls to get the reason for Chase’s cancellation of my accounts, but they could not get any information. A couple of Chase’s staff guessed that the cancellation of my accounts might have been caused by my long history of making large withdrawals from my checking accounts. Hence, it is my personal opinion and belief that Chase might have cancelled my accounts because my frequent large withdrawals, if continued, could have exposed an insolvency problem at Chase and an inability of Chase to meet its obligations to its customers.

Moreover, it took Chase over a month to give me the interest that had been earned on my two cancelled checking accounts prior to Chase’s closure of the accounts. To make matters worse, I discovered that Chase made an unauthorized cash withdrawal from my company’s checking account. To the best of my recollection, I have never made a cash withdrawal from my company’s account. After spending numerous hours on the phone with Chase over two days, I finally got a copy of the withdrawal slip. Neither the name of the account nor the account number on the withdrawal slip matched or even slightly resembled my company’s name or account number. Moreover, the signature on the withdrawal slip did not even slightly resemble any of the authorized signatures on my company’s account.

Chase’s payment of cash out of my company’s account was inexcusably incompetent, and sloppy, and it resulted in another customer’s banking information (account number and account name and account holder’s signature) being shared with me. I, personally, would not trust Chase with even one penny of my money because I, personally, believe that Chase might be insolvent and unable to meet its obligations to its customers and that Chase’s handling of its customers’ accounts is incompetent and sloppy. It is my individual, personal, subjective opinion and belief, that Chase is incompetent, dishonest, and/or unethical and might have insolvency problems and be unable to meet its obligations to its customers.

The foregoing review solely provides my individual, personal, subjective opinions, beliefs, and interpretations. Any individuals who may view this review, or any part thereof, should examine the facts and issues for themselves and form their own individual, personal opinions, beliefs, and interpretations. I sent this review to Chase for comments and corrections before publishing it. Chase refused to respond.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Waiting for a representative for more than 1 hour for the 3rd time today and every time they answer they hang up. This is customer service from Chase the biggest liars in the world. The biggest fees in the country and service ZERO.

Chase Bank Company Information