Chase Bank

Chase Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.24/5

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Chase Gallery (6)

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: July 28, 2020

It is impossible to do any serious business when banking with Chase! We have had personal checking and saving with them since 2012 and if we were to do any serious business (like paying a contractor), we would be stuck and not able to get to our own funds. Our dilemma is that we moved from California to Alabama, where there are no Chase branches. In order to get to any substantial amounts of money from our checking account, we have to use Zelle to send funds from Chase to our local bank account. This should be an easy enough task to complete, right? Wrong!

We tried to send $2,000 from our Chase Zelle to our Regions Bank Zelle, each time it was rejected and our online account locked! Each time, we had to call the Chase hotline and wait HOURS for some agent located in India to put us through ridiculously rigorous security checks, only to go through the same thing over and over again. We are so fed up now, that we will drop Chase and just go with our local bank which has never given us one ounce of worries like Chase.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Open Letter to Chase:

To Whom it May Concern,

I have just opened the response letter to my application for the United Visa Infinite Account through Chase. It stated the reasons why I was not approved, Chase's decision was based on the following reason(s)

1. Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank and

2. Insufficient balance in deposit and investment accounts with us

I don't agree with the findings by Chase.

1. I have two Chase Credit Cards with 0 balance and never been late.
    2. I have my mortgage through Chase in which it earns bank interest and escrow monies and I have never been late.
    3. Trans Union's Credit Score was 810.
    4. My husband has an account with Chase with a balance of 50,000.
    5. My Total Balance on my credit cards is $2,000.

6. I did have Chase Credit Cards in the past that I couldn't pay off (2008 down turn) and they ended up being charged off (Didn't the govt. step in and Chase charged off the balance and got their money). This has happened to a lot of people. Will this be held against me forever.

Please reconsider the decision for accepting my application Reference # **.

Sincerely,

Heidi

In conclusion I am refinancing with another mortgage company other that Chase that is offering a lower interest rate and less money taken out of my house for closing costs. I am closing my two current Chase Credit Cards. Finally I am going to talk with my husband about closing his $50,000 Savings Account with Chase and I will not being getting a Savings or Checking Account with them.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I’ve been banking with Chase for 6 years and when I needed help the most they failed me and said there was nothing they could do for me. I had all the proof they needed and including the police report number and talked to 3 different people and all of them said there’s nothing they could do for me. I will never recommend them to anyone. You want to bank with someone that you can trust and be there for you and help you, I recommend Bank of America. The fact that another bank is telling me that what Chase is doing is wrong says a lot!

Original review: July 22, 2020

I have a Chase Business Checking account. I recently added my accountant as a "read-only" user on my account to be able to do bookkeeping each month. As part of the user management process online it asked me if I wanted to add an approval process for any transfers on the account. I assumed it meant me approving before he could transfer anything just as a fail-safe but it meant in general any transfers, including any I initiated would need to be approved by another party. I called the customer service number provided on that same authorized user screen to immediately cancel when I realized and then customer service transferred me to digital banking.

This is where I'm currently stuck-- on hold, no music, no one checking in on me during the transfer process to say how long it will be, not even one of those automated options that say how long the wait will be would I rather have someone call me back. Simply waiting, 59 minutes now, to be able to transfer funds between my own accounts. What if this was urgent????

Not to mention the complete disrespect of my time and poor customer service. This bank has not provide such excellent service in the past where they have a big margin for error with me. For example, my personal checking is with Schwab who I've never been on hold for longer than 2 minutes with, and quick knowledgeable reps who are sharp and well trained enough that they don't have to transfer for every little thing. Chase consistently has delays and is frustrating when I even get to a person that they know what I'm talking about. Eg, the last time I called I was trying to make an international wire transfer and the bank was asking for Chase's wire dept phone number and bank address.

You would think these were simple questions, again I was put on hold, managers were asked, managers were in meetings and I had to wait for them to get out, etc etc. All for a phone number and address. Now I'm on hold 1 hour 4 minutes and counting just to uncheck a box. Ridiculous. I will be switching to private business banking. No one has time for this.

Original review: July 17, 2020

During Covid19 shelter in-place, I’ve sold one of my properties, and decided to open a new account with a bank that’s got a local branch. My old bank is 4 hours away. I’ve transferred/wired in a couple of deposits from my other bank, because how else you are suppose to do during this time... Anyway, Chase accepted the transfer money and then sent me a letter informing me that they will close my account and I’ll need to contact them ASAP... I did that and spend 15 minutes answering all kind of person info, and was abruptly told they have to close my account and I am to expect a check in mail with my balance in 5-7 days. I was shocked because I have near 800 credit score and great financial standings for the past 30 years... But I was really offended by Chase being so invasive and cryptic for unknown reason to close my accounts... So I was fine with their decision...

But after three weeks of not receiving my check, and not hear from Chase, I called their customer number, and they only have one number to call... In one day, I spent over two hours getting hung up the first time after 45 minutes wait, and then second time, I refused to hang up, was then transfer to their fraud department. After spent 10 minutes explaining myself over again, they told me that the only way I will get my money back is for me to go to my local branch, with two forms of ID’s... And the lady from the fraud department also told me that Chase will cut me a check ASAP that day. I asked her if she can make an appointment for me to make sure the info gets through the branch before I go, and that she need to set up an appointment so we don’t get caught up with another round of their bureaucracy, she lied and told me I won’t need an appointment and they will return my money that same day.

I went to the local branch, per her instruction, the following Monday at 9am. I was then told that Chase is having a lot of customer complaints about the same situation, and they will need to get on the phone to go through the whole process again. I had to leave town for my vacation that day, so they made copies of my ID and promised to contact me ASAP. Come Friday, I saw that they’ve pulled my credit report once again, and I still have not hear back from anyone from Chase, so at 3pm, I risked another person-to person contact and went to the local branch. After waited for another 30 minutes, a nice banker helped me through the same process again. After another two hours in the bank with the nice banker, we were both told that I’ll need to submit my other Bank records to verify who I am... and then they will release the cashier's check in 48 hours.

It happened that I had my apps and was able to supply what they are now asking.. The banker faxed the paperwork to the requested party at Chase, and we are told it’ll be 24-48 hours and then I’ll need to call in that one Chase number again. I ended up making appointment with the nice banker on Tuesday, for him to call in while I am there, to ensure no more run-around from Chase. As of today, they have closed my accounts and kept my money for over 31 days... Next Tuesday when I return, to meet with the banker, it will be 35 days and we still don’t know if they will return our money. Also need to mention that I’m also told that I can wait until next Tuesday for my money back in cashier's check, or I can open new account now so they can deposit back directly to the new account... The suggestion of a new bank account is so absurd and strange that even the banker who related their message to me, agreed that it was strange.

I have Chase credit cards for years, and now I will also cancel that card as well, Chase is a crooked banking. I don’t trust them with my money, they accept it from my other Bank without issues, but closed my accounts without probable cause, and kept my money for over a month after they closed the accounts, treated me like I’ve committed fraud, and after I went through all the proper channels and supplied everything they asked for, they still refused to return my money and tried to blackmail me to open a new account so they can further keep my money. I will also file a formal complaint with the Department of Banks and Trust.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Bought out my lease, Chase only accepts paper checks, no electronic transfer. Five days after receiving check via snail mail, chase has still not processed the payment. This means that the title for my car, even though paid off in full is not expected to be delivered to me, again using snail mail, for at least another 5 to 7 business days.

This is 2020, age of docusign, electronic transfers and e mail. What is wrong with chase, why are they stuck in the 20th century? Because you are a flyspeck to JP Morgan, an insignificant drone. They have no problem paying top management millions, fiddling while we peons sweat the details, delays and incompetence. And their so called "private banking" is a ruse..purely a PR gag. This coming from a customer, excuse me, x customer with a seven figure net worth. Avoid this bank, establish a relationship with a local bank where they can provide a reliable relationship and still offer the same services as the too big to fail, usury mills like chase.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I have had Chase Checking for 10 years at least... I open a savings account Approx. early June 2020 - which Chase bank accepted at 1st $18,000 & mid -june - was approx. $15,000... Chase close my checking due to UNKNOWN 3rd party checking deposit & Keep half of My Chase SAVINGS Account due to none accept unknown chase checking and will not give back my Chase Savings Account money (approx. $7,5xx.00).

Original review: July 13, 2020

I have had a 100% payment history for years. I had a credit limit of $4000 with Chase Bank. I paid off my account in full over $3000 and they repaid my loyalty by reducing my credit limit from $4000 to $500!!!! I have a credit score of 762!!! WTF!!! This bank is absolutely not worth doing ANY business with. I will never again!!!!

Original review: July 11, 2020

My business received a loan from Small Business Administration and they direct deposited into one of my Chase accounts. Chase has a block on this account and all my accounts preventing us from using the funds or even funds in accounts prior to loan deposit. So as many of us go through the struggles we face Chase is screwing with our money (NOT THEIRS ). 6 representatives from bankers to managers and a week later and still no resolve. Spoke with SBA and they don’t understand why the hold. Don’t know who made chase a god. I only know one true GOD and his name isn’t JP Morgan.

Original review: July 10, 2020

So I opened a checking account with Chase last Thursday. I received a wire deposit the following Tuesday but I’m unable to send money deposit money or anything else with the account. Next day I go up to the bank and they give me a 1800 number to call and the representative tells me that the account is not ending closure and that I would need to go back up to the bank to verify myself. Not informing me that amid the virus, you have to schedule a meeting online.

Long story short, I show up the next day and talk to some other woman because the lady I set the appointment with had left for the day. I tell her that my account is closing and I want to know what will happen to my money, she then looks into her computer and asks me who sent me the money and how do I know them and all this other nonsense. I had sent the money myself once I opened the account and it took 4 days to get there. The account is still closed but the balance is still there. I’m planning on calling tomorrow. Is there anything I need to look forward to? Are they gonna keep my money?

Chase Bank Company Information