Chase Bank

Chase Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.70/5

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Chase Gallery (6)

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I've been Chase customer for last 20+ years when it was "First Chicago" and then "Bank One" (acquired by Chase). My average checking account with them is in higher 5 digits all along. Yesterday, I tried to wire $12000 funds to another Chase account (another person with 10+ years having that account too), they put that on pending state. There was absolutely no attempt to call me or received no emails until 7 pm stating "Dear Customer: We have not sent your wire transfer referenced above because of a delay in processing. We will continue processing your request and contact you if we need more information. If you have questions, please call us at 1-800-935-9935 for personal accounts or 1-800-242-7338 for business accounts."

So, I called them up at 18009359935, the customer care said he sees a fraud alert on that wire hence it did not go through. The department is closed and only works during 8-5pm. I asked to speak to supervisor - same answer. I had sent out "secure message" to them making sure this goes thru as it was critical transfer. I had similar experience 4 months ago when they delayed (cancelled too once) my wire transfer of $20,000. Due to that I had to pay $500 penalty + opportunity loss cost. At that time too, I had specifically sent out a "secure message" via portal to let it go thru immediately the instructions were placed. While talking to them for over 90 minutes I could see they care nothing for a loyal customer. I took this opportunity to move my accounts elsewhere (there are plenty good options available). STAY AWAY from CHASE.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I have been a Chase customer for over 10 years, my husband about 20. We have 3 personal acc and 5 business acc, never had problems until today. I receive a letter stating they are closing my accounts less than 30 days. WITH NO REASON OR EXPLANATION. Thank you. I will take my business at different bank where they will appreciate.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

My husband deposited a large sum of money in a Chase ATM. He deposited cash and the ATM gave him an error message and did not reflect the deposit. He called the Chase claims department and they told us would get our deposit in 12 hours. After 12 hours we saw no deposit. So I called back. I was told that we would have to wait up to 2 business days. I called back again, and I was told we have to wait 10 business days... My family can't wait that long. We have bills, we have rent, we need food. 10 days is ridiculous!

I asked to speak to a manager. After waiting in hold for an hour the manager, coldly, told me there was nothing she could do for us, and we have to wait. I asked to speak to someone higher. She refused to escalate my call. We have 4 accounts with Chase. We make regular deposits. After this error we will be switching to another bank. My family has to suffer because of Chase's mistake. I used to recommend Chase to friends, family, and anyone who would listen. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

My onward flight got cancelled in March due to COVID, and I haven't a refund yet for my onward or return flight. I have spent 20+ hrs on hold over 7 months with no resolution. I understand that Chase systems were overwhelmed in March, but there is simply no excuse to deny resolution now. I have NEVER experienced such incompetence and would advise anyone to avoid using a Chase credit card or the Chase travel portal.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I am a retired Professor of Economics who is disgusted with the employees at the Pine Lake branch of Chase Bank. I have been a client for 30 years & have encountered the same difficulty' whenever I try to bank coins there. I do not use money often enough to fill paper receptacles. Today, I deposited 2 checks worth $80,000, but the two clerks there would not accept my coins (arranged by amount), so I was delighted to fill the trays myself. I do not relish dealing with employees so inured to their idiotic that they cannot put coins into the plastic tray. These two employees should be terminated immediately, and allow them to join the cheerful unemployed in our depressed economy. Hereafter, I will open an account with Wells Fargo, next door, and pray to the exalted that these two women are fired. Where and how do you hire the most inefficacious derelicts who belong more in a homeless shelter than monitoring your counters? Prof. R. T. **.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I have 3 accounts with CHASE BANK. Chase took my incentive promotion from a account I open to make a purchase of merchandise from Amazon. I was lied to by Chase Supervisor when I tried to reconcile the account. The supervisor promise to fix the problem and return my promotion to my account. I was told to wait on confirmation approval letter which took 2 weeks and I was told in the letter that chase would not be able to fulfill my incentive promotion. BE CAREFUL. They will lie to you and not fulfill their promises. I stop using all my accounts. NEVER will use them again.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

On Friday I transferred $400 to my savings acct. I have not been working due to covid and pawned some jewelry to make my car insurance payment. On Saturday I went to pay it and my savings account was GONE! As was my money! I called and they said they had canceled my savings because I had not deposited in 30 days (yeah I'm NOT working anything to save) and they would put it back in my regular acct in 3-5 business days! Meanwhile, my insurance is cancelled and still no money in my account which is now overdraft???? I have been a Chase customer for over 10 years and upset by this. Oh, and I suppose they will tack on a overdraft charge $35 for each item on top of that!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

In my 6 years of owning a business, these guys without a doubt take the cake for worst imaginable service I didn't even think was possible. I was referred to this company by a friend, who has also since left due to poor service. After the government shutdown due to the covid19 response, I was legally only allowed to do takeout. My terminals shut down weekly and get replaced at least bi monthly due to whatever "programming error" excuse they can come up with for that month.

My last call and definitely my last interaction I will have with this company (unless I take them to court) I was outright refused to speak with a manager or someone who has English listed as their first language. It really sucks that I am not bilingual or trilingual but the fact is, I'm not. After 10 minutes of this phone call (Which I recorded on my cell) I hung up in a raging level of frustration. This company made me realize quite clearly how someone of lesser sanity than myself could be seen on TV for for showing up at the head office of chase and doing something drastic. I now totally get how some people can get pushed to that point. We will never blame the rich corporations for this though and certainly not even richer banks with ties deep inside the government itself. Nah, much easier to blame the victims.

Now it looks like I have no choice but to take them to small claims for all the subsequent months they kept billing me. Especially during these covid times. I have a very well documented record of my repeated requests to cancel the service. I honestly can't say enough bad things about this company and if you read reviews like this and still use Chase services, it would be fair to say you deserve to get scammed by this corrupt bank as well. No matter your choice, good luck. Sincerely,

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Chase Bank officers were very good at talking about how good Chase is as a bank. I opened accounts with Chase with large balances. Then out of the blue Chase said the bank was closing my accounts. After numerous calls to find out why, no answers, I got to a supervisor who hung up on me. Never use Chase. They are not reliable.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

Chase suddenly canceled my account because of fraud. No proof of it and all my transaction were legitimate. Then they canceled my wife's account for no reason. No fraud there either. Now after more than 2 weeks we haven't gotten a check on either account to settle the accounts. What a sorry bank.

Chase Bank Company Information