2. Finance
Chase Bank

Chase Bank

3.7/5 (1686 ratings)

About Chase Bank

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

An absolute ** of a bank! This bank provides you their services as long as you keep your bank account nice and fat! Otherwise, don't expect any simple service that even a small bank would provide you. It's a big bank but so what? They don't care about any issues you are currently having with a smaller account balance which they would have gladly and promptly addressed that issues if your account balance was to their advantage.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I have been with Chase for years and usually don't have a problem so I never got an opportunity to see how horrible the customer service can be. Today I have spent over 4 hours trying to get an online transaction go through and I still haven't got it resolved. I was put on hold for hours. It is more than horrible. None of these calls resolved my issues despite me being kicked around between their lines for hours. It is not reliable and it delayed an important transaction. You can't trust this bank at all - think about a critical moment when you need a transaction to go through and then it does this to you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

My acct for William ** was closed, Chase says their contract states they don't have to tell CUSTOMER the reasons!! IS THIS RUSSIA??? I found out by declined debit card! LETTER IS IN MAIL!! ALL CKS AND AUTOPAYS BOUNCED! And people wonder why politicians are hated and riots at the White House!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

The services and support for a Chase for Business account is mediocre at best. The major turn-off is that it's often a massive headache to straighten out any issues with your account. Also the $2000 minimum balance to avoid the $15 monthly fee is unjustified in these times especially since there's nothing special about their business account. I finally dumped my account and opened a business account with an online bank. More features and much better rates, too.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

When we visit the Howell Mill Atlanta Ga branch for Service, they treat you like you're a King or Queen. They are Rock Stars! Additionally, Online banking now offers Real-Time Transfers! We Love Chase!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Have left Chase once before and now leaving them for the second time and this time for good. They were responsible for creating a problem with my first PPP loan which later prevented me from receiving a second PPP loan. They have taken no responsibility for their mistake which cost me over 21K and have done nothing to help me. Just hope you never run into any issues where need to rely on assistance from their executive offices, they are irresponsive, rude, dismissive, careless and just plain out useless. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

This is the second time I am on vacation that Chase locked my access to my money, online profile or any way of transferring funds. I am literally 3.5 hours away from my home and Chase did not like a transfer to another account at a different bank! They blocked all access and the RUDE lady hung up on me when I explained that I don't have my card with me and that's why I was transferring to another bank. I have my paycheck deposited bi-weekly and was trying to move over funds to pay for my hotel room. They said before they release my account I need to come into a branch which is 1 1/2 hours away from where I reside. They would not work with me in any way just blocked me and my access to any information. This is the WORST bank. They are obnoxious, non empathetic and not helpful at all.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

They left me hanging for months unable to get paid from my jobs. I was unable to pay any bills. Had to default on business contracts. Be aware because they lied outright about mailing out my replacement card. Glad hackers attacked them. They hurt people and businesses economically for no reason.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I called to dispute some unknown charges, and they transferred me to 5 different agents at Chase within over an hour of waiting time. This is terrible. I am still on the call now, waiting for a 6th person. It is taking a very long time to resolve the issue. I am very disappointed with chase. They even used to be more friendly, even at the branch. Burr Ridge branch is definitely not pleasant. Take your money somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

So ever since I got my Chase bank account it has been the singularly most miserable experience I’ve ever had with a bank. These people are completely incompetent and they do not care at all. It’s nearly impossible to talk to them if you’re not trying to open an account or give them money. I am a cryptocurrency day trader. It’s what I do. For months now Every single time I try to make a crypto purchase through the same very well-known popular platforms that I always use, my stupid Chase checking account will automatically deny my purchase and throw up a fraud alert.

I have called them over and over again and asked them to please stop doing this to me. All they ever say is that there’s a lot of fraud in cryptocurrency. They absolutely do not care. I told him this is what I do for a living and I need to be able to use my money when I need to. Within seconds a crypto price can change dramatically. I don’t have half an hour to call Chase try to get a person on the phone and then have them fix it so that they are not blocking my purchase. 80% of the time when I have called them and done this, I go to make my purchase and the exact same thing happens again. It’s infuriating, and it’s like a slap in the face because they literally won’t stop doing it.

On top of that, their whole system is set up just to make you as frustrated as possible. I swear. Yesterday I went to log into my Chase account and they threw up a thing saying that they didn’t recognize the device that I was on. They said that they would need to do further verification to make sure that it was me since it’s a new device to them. So I scroll down to see my options and the first one listed is for them to send a text to… You got it! The exact phone in my hand. The only phone that I’ve had for years. And yes, the phone that I set the freaking account up on in the first place. This is just one example. It’s endless. This is what I get for picking a bank due to its proximity to my house. These people are ** in the worst way. Screw Chase.

Chase Bank Company Information