Chase Bank

Chase Bank

3.8/5 (1418 ratings)

About Chase Bank

Chase (NMLS #399798), the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co., offers loans for home purchases and refinancing in addition to its other financial services. The company provides home loans in every state and Washington, D.C., and its services are available online, through its mobile app, by phone and in person at more than 4,700 branches.

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: July 16, 2022

About two months ago I encountered a fraud/identity theft issue with Chase Bank. I spoke to 4 different departments within Chase and was confident that the proper issues were handled under identity theft. Wrong nothing was filed within Chase. Since then speaking to different departments has proven pointless and accessing the proper documents to support my claim and enable me to file identity theft with my insurance company has reached dead ends. Chase is at fault as to the way things transpired with the identity theft and the way they issued "reversals" on my account. I have file a complaint with CFPB who in turn gave it to the FDIC for investigation. An independent public firm is also involved to investigate Chase and potentially questionable business practices. My end opinion is Chase does not care in the least about their customers.

Original review: July 16, 2022

Three different staffers lied that I would get credit card bank statements. Each time, they claimed I would after I was merely confirming with them. Also, Chase has a policy where you can't have lost funds recovered that you lose due to a scam if you don't report it within two years. It should be at least three years. I called as soon as I considered that the funds could be recovered, but it had been two or three months past two years.

Original review: July 13, 2022

1002 Brighton Beach Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11235. One of the worst Chase branches in NYC with one of the worst customer service... A Russian speaking representative DENIED my request to help with the banking account issues; and when I asked him for his name, he refused to reveal his information. It is probably time to provide extensive training and/or fire bank employees who fail to provide service... So sad... Blood pressure skyrocketed...

Original review: July 1, 2022

I issued a business check to a person, who had no account. It was deposited into a friend's Chase account, but flagged for fraud. Per the Chase Customer's request, and with him sitting in my office, I called to verify the check. A call back was requested, due to high call volume, supposedly within 23 minutes. 2 and 1/2 hours later still no call back. I finally called again, and after jumping through a bunch of hoops, was connected to the branch manager. She assured me that the check was deposited, but a standard 10 day hold was placed.

The Chase customer is complaining to me, because they have advised him the funds will not be released, and his account is frozen. I tried to stop payment on the check, in order to reissue a Cashier's Check, but Chase has already sent the check through, and it has cleared my account. I have tried to call customer service multiple times to assist their customer, with long wait times, and a promise to call back. Which has never occurred in a timely manner. Based upon my recent experience, I would NEVER have a Chase bank account.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I was conducting business and Chase cleared a check to my account, so I thought businesses as usual. It turns out it was a fraudulent check, but chase cleared the money in my account. So I was sending money thinking it was business as usual. Then Chase took the check back and I couldn't get my money back through the fraudulent activity. Now they say it's my fault and won't give me my money back. BUT THEY CLEARED THE CHECK! Like why wasn't it still pending if the money wasn't ready? They screwed me over as well as this artist, and now I am out $2,000. I have never been more disappointed in a bank system. NEVER USE CHASE!

Original review: June 17, 2022

Went to local branch with husband to deposit a check, the check was in my name and I'm not on the account so we checked with teller to make sure this wasn't a problem. We are told no problem husband signs after me this mean he takes responsibility for the check. No big deal ok. Now a local check is put on hold! We call to find out why, I'm not on the account so this is fraud!!!! What? You're kidding right? We spoke to teller in person and told no problem now it's fraud because Chase wants to collect interest on the money I'm sure. Now here I am fighting for my money that I know they cleared already.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Updated on 06/25/2022: I had already written about my experience with Chase fumbling a change of address for over a year which apparently was holding up me getting my money. The NIGHTMARE CONTINUES! I was desperate to have funds wired for the purchase of a property for my daughter whose lease was expiring 2 days after we would close. So not only would I not get the property but where would she live? I literally was on the phone ALL DAY for 3 days trying to find someone who could do something and the answer was "we are working on it." (By the way, Greg who is the man I started with told me that all that phoning might have just slowed things down! He must have gotten calls from at least a dozen people in my regard! I responded that when he blocks my calls, does not call me, does not respond to any of the more than dozen emails I've sent, let's just push the fault back on GREG where it belonged, not me!)

Finally, I encountered a woman who managed to push the address change through, overnight update and next day the wire! Yippee! She introduced me to the wire dept. and said she'd call me when wire went through. She called and I was relieved - WRONG. I called the Title company, no money. I call the next morning - no money - THIS IS THE LAST DAY I CAN GET THE MONEY TO THEM! Chase screwed up on the wire and had a charge from BofA of $45 taken from my funds like a bounced check fee. So then Chase had to scramble to get approval to put those funds into my account and figure out what they did wrong - it was escalated and the manager was telling me he was doing all he could do, wire was sent - I received a transaction number to give to the Title company!

But just to make sure my daughter wasn't homeless my friend said he'd have the funds wired from his account at Park National Bank in OH. He got on the phone, did the transaction, got confirmation wire was sent - all within 2 hours - AND they told him he needs to update his address!!! At 4:02 I received email from Title company - They have money from First Financial in TX and Park National in OH so my contract is covered - NOTHING FROM CHASE! Talking to the realtor and saying "Don't do business with Chase" and I shared my hellish experience.

He said working with his clients Chase is the ABSOLUTE WORSE lender he has ever had to deal with. And when you call for help - help isn't to be found. He said he had even made it to a Vice-President level seeking help and the VEEP said "just have them move the close date out!" IT IS A CONTRACT YOU DON'T PAY LATE! RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN AWAY from Chase for ALL your services. They are huge and have too much process for their incompetent personnel to wade through! I still have to try to get my money from them SOMEHOW so I can repay my friend, but at least I'll get my property.

Original Review: I had inheritance that I split between 2 banks, Chase had part of it. It stayed there for about a decade. I moved out of state - wasn't getting statements because my address change did not go through. I LITERALLY have tried to get my address changed for more than a year. Phone calls, emails, forms, I was even eventually was told the fastest way to get it done is to go to a local Chase bank. I drove 30 miles to do that, sat for almost 1/2 hour while it was being done, I even got checks printed to go with me, with my new address! I am now purchasing real estate with this money, need money wired. I explain this to my "customer care" person, he said it takes up to 2 days to sell my positions. OK. I send him the wiring instructions which he doesn't do anything with because he went on vacation! OK, then he sends a form for me to complete which I need to enter information from wiring instructions. Why didn't I get this form 10 days ago?

Remain calm, complete and submit ASAP. Then there needed to be a confirming call (further delay) before submitting the form for processing. This was Monday/Tuesday activity. FRIDAY - I receive an email that I need to complete an address change form!!!! I NEED MY MONEY TO BE WIRED TO TITLE COMPANY!!! OR I LOSE THE PROPERTY. More than a year and they still can't manage to look back at the previous forms, especially that done by THEIR BANK and I'm supposed to fill out the form again? How much time have I had to put into this damn address change? How much risk are they putting me through. In contrast to my other bank from which I needed funds, First Financial in Texas, I reach out to POC, state the amount to be wired for deposit, it's done before close of business that day. Contact him again for the amount that needs wired from my account there - Done before close of business.

Chase! Well, it takes a form, then another form, then the address form change again, then I escalated to manager who supposedly has forced the address change through today, but overnight update - which means MONDAY we can start on the wire part which may take a couple days. UNBELIEVABLE!! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND FIND ANOTHER BANK!

Original review: June 14, 2022

I had the impression that being a preferred customer of Chase Bank one would get better services, so I opened by business account & checking account in Veterans Branch of Chase Bank. I deposited a check in my Business account and Bank put my check on hold for 10 days. I visited the branch and requested to see the General Manager. I was told that she is in meeting & will give me a call back. It's been more than 7 days. I am yet to receive a call from her. I left so many messages for her but never got a return call. The officer Brad who opened my account looked at me in the Branch and ignored me. Most of their staff has no banking knowledge. I myself has worked in bank for 8 years & can tell this the worst bank. Would never recommend anyone to open account with Chase Bank. This bank deserves a big Zer00000 rating .. 1 star is too high was the quality of service they give...

Original review: June 11, 2022

My experience with this Bank is very bad. On 06/12/2021, I had received an email from Chase Bank having a promotional offer of $ 400.00 for opening a Business Complete Checking account up to 01/06/22 and Chase bank had sent me a brochure having code #: **, which narrates that $400 will be transferred to our account after 3 months with qualifying activities. Consequent upon this offer, we opened on 05/27/2021 a business account at Sherman TX branch in the name of **, having Account # ending with last 4 digit **. Mr. Michael ** was the Relationship Banker, who opened this account, and we gave him this code. We fulfilled all requisite conditions and waited for more than 4 months of opening the account but till date, did not get our promotional money. We telephonically contacted the bank, and they informed that branch banker has not registered our promotion code in the system.

Since it was an internal matter of the bank and their employee, we sent a formal complaint on the Bank’s “communication system of secure message” and Alma, replied on 05/10/2022 that our account is not registered under any promotional offer and asked us to contact the branch. We again requested them to verify it from Mr. Michael **, their banker at Sherman branch. But on 05/13/2022 Jonathan, again replied that our account is not registered in any award and insisted us to meet the banker at branch. As insisted by Jonathan, we had scheduled a meeting with Michael at Sherman branch on 05/16/2022 at 12.00 PM through online, but at 11.30 AM on 05/16 we received a phone from Michael asking about the reason for the meeting, and when explained, he asked us to send the code and assured us that he will apply, and we need not to go there.

We sent him the promotion code through our email dt 05/16/2022, and again reminded him on 05/26/2022 but he has not applied the code, as yet, despite our pursuance and his own reassurance through his email dt 05/26/2022, to do so. We again approached the bank and informed the situation through our note dt 05/30/22, to which Kristina replied: “Chhater, we apologize about the coupon code that hasn't been applied on your account yet. We sent your information about the cash bonus that was not applied on your account to Michael, so they can help you and give an update about the cash bonus offer. You will be contacted within two to three business days. Thank you for your feedback. We will share it with the appropriate team”.

We again reminded them on 05/31/2022 & 06/07/2022,” and finally, on 06/08/2022, Alex, informed that “unfortunately we are unable to check the status of your complaint about cash bonus that was not added through this platform and again asked me to contact the branch where the account is opened to determine the resolution for this matter”. From the above, it could be seen that we have been made shuttle cock between Chase Bank and Michael. No one is listening to us and applying the promotion code and we are feeling deceived. It appears that the Bank don’t want to give us our right full money despite our tremendous CHASE.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Chase changed their consumer deposit agreement on 3/20/22 and did not notify consumers. They do not allow customers to opt in/out of overdrawing their account for ACH/electronic transactions and charge $34 per NSF fee without giving the consumer an option of whether to pay. Customer service (on multiple phone calls) refused to admit bank error and would not escalate or file a complaint. A Retention manager implied I should allow my account to continue accruing NSF fees, and a Customer Service manager encouraged/goaded me to go public with my complaint, as well as seek "legal help if I had a complaint."

Original review: June 7, 2022

Chase bank serves the customer last, they are the lowest priority to Chase. If you have considered using Chase bank, RUN, they will not be a help to you. Any company that has to pay you to become a customer should be an indicator they are not worth doing business. I moved my service over to Regions Bank. They have people that are willing to help, I don’t have to call an 800 number that goes overseas. I can call a local branch. You will never see that with Chase.

Original review: May 18, 2022

I've been with Chase Bank for about 9 years total time and I finally decided to close my account due to the fact that their fraud team cannot tell when you log on to your account with your thumbprint to check fraud purchases, that are happening while you are on your account, that it's really you. The fact that you logged in with your thumbprint to your account will give them so called facts, that the fraud did not happen and you will lose money. I lost a total 1500.00. To me this is a lot of money. So beware of Chase Bank. They need to do more than look at computer activity and your device the criminals used to take the money from your account, to determine if it's their customers or criminals. They can not protect your money.

Original review: May 17, 2022

I was a RECENT victim of online account hacking. Even though a banker helped me tremendously, the claims department slacked and once they took over, it all went down from there. It is interesting to find out that Chase doesn't value customers, nor they really care what you as a customer think of them. When they call you they state: "this conversation is recorded for the training purposes" but one has to wonder, what training really goes on as they show no care, no empathy nor understanding once bad things like fraud happen. Claims department is highly incompetent and executive services only PARTIALLY resolved my claim so I lost some money due to fraud.

Warning everyone: CORPORATE GREED COMES BEFORE ANYONE, INCLUDING YOU AS A CUSTOMER! I am disappointed, will take ALL of my funds out as CHASE doesn't have systems to protect their customers from online fraud, takes TOO long to resolve the claim and in the end remains incompetent and that is my experience I wish to share with anyone who is banking with them. Instead of valuing customers who keep them going, their executives are more concerned for their personal goals than yours. Just a crappy, lame, unethical, robotic, non compassionate corporate bully. Yeah! That is what Chase has become. Sad.

Original review: May 17, 2022

I suggest not doing business with this company. Poor communication and the damn reps don’t know how to do their job. I will be taking more action!!

I called three times and got two different answers can’t even get My money, but have to wait in a check to get My money.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I have been trying to put a payment through from Zelle. I have tried to pay a contractor for services rendered since 5/12/22. I called the bank the first time, was told I had to answer security questions, which I did. I was then told the money would be placed out of 'Pending" in 15 minutes. I waited, went back to Zelle, tried to pay this contractor again. GUESS WHAT??!! Chase employee lied!! I called back, was told the SAME THING AGAIN!! It is pending, awaiting security authorization, by answering questions! I said, I just answered those on the last phone call!! Now I am waiting for a manager to tell me, WHY I can't put this payment through to the contractor. Money is plenty enough to pay this. Can NOT get an answer to why they have created this issue with my account. I get no answers!!

Original review: May 13, 2022

I have had nothing but poor service from CHASE bank. They would not FAX a request to my pension to have the pension check sent to the chase bank! But they said I was welcome to go to a UPS store across the street. Seriously? I got it done at the grocery store.

Original review: May 5, 2022

My bank account was hacked for weeks. Customer Service at Chase was horrible. They were not helpful. I filed several claims and even contacted corporate office still no help. They could not tell me how my account kept being compromised nor did they credit me any of my money back. I have seen found another bank and plan to file a formal complaint. Why are we not protected against banks when they screw up. I will not stop until I get justice!

Original review: May 4, 2022

Chase Bank is the worst!!!! An agent named Nicole deactivated my account by mistake today when I called to ask if my new debit card had been sent. She apologized for the mistake and put me on hold so she could get her manager to fix her mistake. 3 hrs on the phone and 7 different "supervisors" later. They told me they could not reactivate my account. It will take 3-5 days to resolve the issue. I have no access to my account and no way to get any money out of my account. I'm sorry but what kind of company has an employee make a mistake and they are not able to fix it causing the customer a mountain of financial issues. I'm getting a new bank. I've never had a bank treat me with such a callous mentality.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I had to dispute 2 charges on my card, one was for Booking.com in which they advertised free cancellation and still charged me for two rooms, the other was for an extremely poor repair service I received on my camper. The Chase app had me call a phone number to dispute my charge so I called the number and was connected to someone that spoke very broken English. The rep took very little information from me, didn't request any documentation and then hung up. A month later I got notification that both charges were deemed valid, somewhat to my shock. After I read the reasoning, essentially booking.com lied stating that I had no contact with them prior to my cancellation and that I was just trying to get my money back, the other was denied for reasons unknown to me.

From there I look at how to appeal a dispute result and have to again call the Chase number. This time I speak to a rep that tells me I now need to email back with supporting documents. This was easy enough as I had screenshots of my conversations with booking.com and also my email exchange with the repair shop. After about a week, there is nothing on the dispute tracker for Chase so I call back. The rep tells me that they haven't received anything and I should send it again. I send the email with attachments again and wait. This time the dispute pops up but it is only one of the disputes and not both. I call again (a third time) and the lady is locates the one dispute and tells me she put in a note to open the other dispute. I wait the 48 hours and again still not there.

I call back, a 4th time and this lady is unable to locate the information, the notes on my account and tells me to re-submit my email again. I call back to speak to hopefully a more knowledgeable rep and this time the lady finds my account and tells me that she has manually opened the second dispute. I checked the dispute tracker and after 2 days, still no record of second dispute. I emailed the 2nd dispute separately but so far Chase has been terrible in regard to the dispute process. It is disjointed and instead of just believing the vendor, Chase could have called me back at that point and told me to submit more information. I am almost 2 months in on this dispute and it is still not correct.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I filed a check fraud claim in October last year for a check that was cash without my signature and no signature on the back of the check, they told me it was cashed by Wells Fargo, but they did not start the investigation until March 1st this year and they're blaming Wells Fargo for the delay, I am in the process of moving all my money from Chase as it does not seem they care if they lose a customer.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I have never worked so hard to make my own funds available. I deposited a check using mobile check load. The check was processed and cleared on 4/15 and was supposed to be available 4/20. I go to my mobile bank app on 4/20 and my account is restricted. I called customer service and couldn’t get a clear answer of why this happened. I eventually was told after many phone calls that I needed to go in and verify my identity. I go to a branch near me and their systems were down. The next day I go to another branch and verified my identity. Come to find out this wasn’t enough either. They wanted to verify through the issuer even though I provided statements from them as well as a bank statement showing the check cleared.

The President and Vice President of the branch worked very hard to resolve this matter with Chase, but the issuer isn’t allowed to verify checks due to confidentiality so I’m still waiting to receive my funds and for them to unblock my account. Shout-out to Jordan ** and Barry ** at the Denver branch for their help and prioritizing my concerns, but I am surely closing my account and transferring to another bank when my funds are finally released. Very inconvenient.

Original review: April 19, 2022

After reading some positive reviews of Chase Bank, I walked into a branch near my home at 11 am. I had some checks with me so that I could open a savings account. I was told that there would be no one available to help me until 3 pm. Enough said.

Original review: April 19, 2022

What does it take to send a wire with Chase?

- five tries, four of which were rejected with no reason given or anyone connecting to try to clear the issue
- Two hours across 6 phone calls to customer service, fraud detection, ...
- Two dropped calls while being transferred from one group to another
- Being told three times by customer service, after extensive verification, that a wire would proceed ... only to have it rejected
- a secure message through the system to complain about the issue, only to receive an acknowledgement 24 hrs later that the message would get prompt attention. Three days later, I am still waiting

- After executive escalation, a call from a very polite young man who essentially then did nothing .... lots of style, no substance

Chase needs to fix its customer service. Some specific suggestions:

- If there is a problem, call, text or email to resolve ... don’t just reject. I appreciate it’s to Chase’s benefit to hold onto my money but it is poor customer service
- If someone in customer service tells you a problem is fixed, then the systems should be such that it is fixed
- There needs to be a real time connection between customer service and the back office so that customer service can fix an issue on the spot, not leave a note on the file which the back office then ignores

- Make sure your executive escalation people actually have the power to fix things ... not just politely tell you how sorry they are then nothing happens

Original review: April 19, 2022

On Tuesday April 12th 2022 I noticed that my water bill payment did not go through, I logged in to check my account and everything looked ordinary. I called Chase support and I was instructed to provide an SSA-89. I completed a SSA-89 and faxed it to the provided number coupled with my identity documents. On Thursday April 14th, I noticed that my online account had a message under my credit cards "Your account is locked". I called, I was then told that I needed to go to a branch to complete a SSA-89. I went to my local branch, we completed the SSA-89 and I was told 24-48 hours.

On Monday April 18th, I still had the same message on my account. I called and I was told that I had to go to a branch. I went to the branch and I was told my account was pending closure and that "compliance" needed more information that what was originally given, notably a scanned copy of my social security. We completed another SSA-89 along with other forms they could not disclose - with copies of my identity documents and SSN. I was told 24-48 hours.

On Tuesday April 19th, my account is no longer listed, I have an alert for a $0 balance - and I have no communication as to where my money is. I will spare unnecessary details (delaying my marriage) but I would like to note that at no point was I ever contacted by phone, email, secure message, mail or in-person (at the bank) about my account and the requirements. I have been a customer for 15 years and always kept my account in good standing. The compliance team on the phone were never helpful and often provided incorrect information (stating that I can fax the document).

I had to consistently make contact to them - they never notified me; I was respectful and provided all necessary information in a timely fashion. I did not receive any communication from them. I would like to know the reasoning behind this seemingly abrupt closure of my account which has been in good standing for 15 years. I have omitted names, employee numbers and transcripts for the sake of brevity.

Original review: April 16, 2022

Last weekend I was scammed. It was through Chase and Zelle and Neither will do a thing to help me. I have been with them over 25 years and all the time they say how safe you are and that they have you covered for fraud. Well they don't. If you go inside the bank no one can help you and you are informed to call the 800 number. I did, several times and was told several different answers. Was even told to call Zelle direct which is a lie because I did. If it happens through your bank, Zelle tells you "The Bank" will take care of it. After all the calls, and sometimes transferred 6 times I basically was told, "There is nothing we can do and Too Bad." $1400 Gone and 0 help from the bank. What a shame.

Original review: April 15, 2022

During these last 15 years, how long we use Chase Bank services, I have not met so helpful, scrupulous and patient a branch manager, who works out greatly her job, for the most heterogenous claims of us, customers. Ms. ** merited the highest praises.

Original review: April 13, 2022

Been a Chase Bank Client for decades. Go into the Pelham, NY Branch, see Private Client Biz Employee Daniel **. Right away I knew-- very unprofessional, going out of his way to say NO (opening a biz investing account). One of the most negative, abrasive, people you'll ever meet, discouraging me using anything he could think of. Called me the following morning, said he's denying the account because of some NACIS#, which I've never heard of, and provided no explanation, just hung up. Went down the street to BancAmerica, took approx. 10 minutes to open exact same account--I asked about NACIS, he said "we never use it." Have been a clean Chase Customer for decades, (biz and personal). D ** should NOT be working with professional people- a very bad business attitude. Thomas D

Original review: April 9, 2022

111% interest on a momentary loan?? That is how much Chase charged me for just my most recent overdraft, which occurred at 8:03AM, when I received a push notification indicating that my account was not only overdrawn, but the fees had already been assessed. Less than 6 hours earlier though, at 2:19 AM, I’d received one telling me that my account balance was down to $0.12. So, between those few hours at the very start of the business day (& on a Saturday), my account was overdrawn by $51.25, putting me $1.25 over their new >$50 cushion, then again by another $10, and immediately assessed two $34 overdraft fees.

Therefore, Chase bank gave me NO opportunity to replace the funds, processing the overdrafts themselves and the fees simultaneously, and for what amounts to a simple interest charge of $68 on a $61.25 loan that lasted minutes or seconds, if that, at a rate of 111%. I know they aren’t really comparable given all the different variables and flat rate nature of overdraft fees, but I calculated that in terms of an APR, and even using a loan period of one day, the result is a percentage in the tens of thousands, which is significantly worse than even the notoriously usurious payday loan rates, and not entirely inaccurate if a person gets in over their heads with the initial debt and continues to rack up daily fees on automatic payments, etc…

I’ve given 1 star, as I feel that Chase’s outmoded overdraft fees are unacceptable when so many are struggling financially from the pandemic, & other countries are adopting policies that cap overdraft fees at 20% APR, and other financial institutions in the US are either doing away with them altogether or greatly reducing the cost / offering a grace period. Yet, Chase: one of the “Big Four” US banking giants and self-described “global leader in financial services,” apparently feels no such moral obligation to its lower income customers and has made none of these changes. As a Case Aid working 8-12 hour days, but only getting paid for 3-5 of those tops, facilitating family visits for children in AZ state custody, which the state is legally obligated to provide, I can hardly pay my bills without help.

Oddly, AZ allocates $0 for this service, & if the govt won’t even protect its kids, I’ll not hold my breath for them to intervene here. I mention this to highlight the affected demographic and it is such that I cannot afford to keep this job, nor can many others, and this is resulting in even more neglect to an already horrifyingly inadequate child welfare system. It’s the sort of practice that helps to perpetuate poverty and class struggles in more ways than one. Pretending like they don’t know how their actions trickle down and spread rot beneath the surface, like it’s just numbers on a screen and in their own personal bank accounts, is no excuse to continue as they have been. I plan to switch banks.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I’ve had issues with Chase for years, the first time money went missing from my account and they closed the account, it took me 6 months of calling and going to different branches to get my money back. No explanation or nothing. The second time I had to open an account I ended up switching banks. Third time I had to open an account because me and my husband wanted to open high school accounts for our kids, they made me go through a lot of trouble, we sat at the bank for 4 hours because they were accusing me of owing them money from 2014… that’s when my money went missing. Anyway we spend hours trying to figure out how to pay the money since 2 of their system said I didn’t owe anything so they couldn’t take the payment. Now after I transfer all my bill pay and direct deposit to chase they cancel my account again and they won’t tell me the reason.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I deposited a Chase issued check for $8000 at the ATM at 5:15pm into my Chase checking account. The next morning I noticed that the check hasn’t cleared and came to find out that the bank put a hold on the funds and would not release them. I was on hold with the fraud/verification department for 41 minutes and then disconnected. I called customer service back again and they transferred me to the same department where I continued to be on hold. The Chase employee told me that they would verify funds today and that funds would be available tomorrow. I do not understand this!!! The person that the check came from has no access to the $8000 from their Chase checking and I have no access to the $8000 deposited into my Chase checking! I could have had the person pull out the cash they owed me today! This is such a blatant display of horrible customer service! I am so disappointed in Chase. Cannot wait to find a new bank to work with!!!!

Chase Bank Company Information