Chase Bank

Chase Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.56/5
Based on 1,114 ratings submitted in the last year

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Chase Gallery (6)

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

The $200 bonus to open a new checking account is a scam. I click the web banner on their site to link to the account opening form and waited for 4 weeks, no money has come into my account. when I finally call and ask why the bonus was not in, they respond because I did not enter the promotional code and I have passed the 21 days of account opening. No field in the account application mentioned it needed any code to qualify, but only ask you to wait for 15 days. THIS IS A SCAM! I am closing my account and take all my money out. Don't believe the bank, they will do anything to fool you and use any excuse not to give you the money.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Chase has restricted my account, telling me that my balance is negative, while according to my records it is not. They will not provide me with information on the last transactions in order for me to verify this as my account is restricted. I have provided all documentation that they have requested but every representative that you speak with tells you something different! I received a letter that my account is blocked because of recent activity, however, nobody will tell me what the activity is. I am told that I don't have the right for this information. I’m beyond frustrated and upset! This has been a very horrible experience and I will not do any business with this bank again!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Chase is by far the worst bank to do business with. Customer service is horrendous. Everything is outsourced to India and other non-native American countries. The days of great customer service are out the window. Do not use this bank. They have high fees for withdrawal at other ATMs besides Chase. I will bury my money in a fox hole before I use Chase. TERRIBLE.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

The worst website platform for credit cards and bank account equally. There is no place to see an ongoing balance, how is that even possible?! Not on statements, not on the website. And for someone who makes hundreds of transactions each billing cycle, figuring out what the balance was at the time of each transaction or each payment is an impossible task. You would think you should be able to see a breakdown under account activities that looks something like this - 1/1/21 Amazon.com $100.00; 1/1/21 current balance $1,100.00. All of my other banks and credit cards have this option available, Chase decided they want to make your bookkeeping life a misery. I even called customer service to see if there's something I'm missing, I was told that the only way to do that is MANUALLY - as in sit there with a calculator and add and subtract your transactions. Is this 1980??

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I opened a Checking Account with my local Chase Bank Branch. I presented a certified bank check from another institution. My checking account was opened. The Representative told me I would receive my bank card in the mail within 3 Business days. After 7 business days I did not receive my card. I called the 800 number service line and was told that my account was closed and that Chase no longer wish to do business with me. I asked why my account was closed and they told me my account was transferred to the Fraud department and a check will be sent to my home. I went to the local branch to inquire what happened. The representative said Chase no longer want to do business with me and she did not have an explanation. She said account was sent to the special handling department. l told her I have financial obligations and I needed my money.

After 3 weeks I still did not receive my check in the mail. I call again and the Chase Representative said they will mail the check out and provided a UPS tracking number. I searched UPS tracking and the number but the number was invalid. I had a similar experience like this with Chase 30 years ago when I started my first job and tried to open a checking account. My conclusion is that chase racially profiled me and discriminated against me because of my race which is Hispanic and because of the color of my skin which is **. After they copied my Driver's license and entered it into their system database, my account was closed and that was the nail in the coffin. I believe Chase need to do business with minorities and stop the racial profiling.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I purchased plane tickets for a wedding in Ireland that was to take place in April of 2020. Due to COVID, all air travel was banned at that time by the United and by European Countries. I filed a dispute on my Chase credit card and they refunded the amount. However, it is now February of 2021 and they have sent me a 1099-C to file with my taxes. I have to pay income tax on this debt that they are claiming that they "discharged." This was not discharged debt. This was not debt that I walked away from like a credit card that I just abandoned. This was a legitimate dispute. And Chase collected the funds from Aer Lingus, yet are still fraudulently claiming this is discharged debt and have sent me this 1099-C, which I will have to claim as income and pay taxes on.

This is incredibly fraudulent on their part and really just the most ridiculous thing. I can't even continue to try to wrap my head around it due to its level of ridiculousness. Needless to say, I am going to call the IRS and report this as fraudulent and attempt to file a lawsuit, if possible. Chase is double-dipping by collecting funds from the airline vendor and then turning around and sending me a 1099 for "discharged debt." Typical big bank move.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

They charge a fee to make a deposit if you deposit your own money into your own account. They charge a fee for doing nothing. If you want to do business with people that do business you're stealing their money by charging them to deposit money into your bank. That's a criminal act. I want my money back. I'm changing my account. I'm going to do business with a bank that appreciates doing business with another business.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I used chase credit card and points purchased an airline ticket on their travel website for 12/19/2020 traveling. Ended up I couldn’t travel due to positive COVID-19. No one emailed or follow up with me for refund after I submitted the lab results on 12/16/2020. I called today and they said they used Expedia to purchase ticket for me so Expedia refused refund. Chase told me to contact Expedia but not giving me any necessary information to call. Chase also refused to email me for our conversation and instructions how to get travel voucher. Yes Chase is suck and not reliable. Definitely a scam.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Chase has been such a phenomenal bank for me, I never had one issue when dealing with them. Staff is super friendly, polite, and professional. I've had several bank accounts in the past and by far Chase is the absolute best one I have had. I have the secure checking so I cannot overdraft and write checks. That's how I like it and I also have a Savings account opened today. I love customer service, if I ever had an issue it was always taken care of then and there at that moment. I literally have no complaints when it comes to Chase!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Hello, I called Chase today for a very simple issue. First person was rude. Arguing with me and not listening what I need. After a long time finally he got back to me, "Yes it is good to go." Went back to my account. Have the same issue again. Nothing has been resolved. I have been transferred total of 3-4 times. This is unacceptable company like CHASE. I have been with Chase for so long but now I am considering switching my bank to elsewhere. Very very disappointed.

Chase Bank Company Information