1.16/5

Chase Bank

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

Chase Gallery (6)
View More View More

3341 Chase Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

This is without a doubt the WORST bank I've ever dealt with. From rude, uninformed, and indifferent Customer Service Reps who all give a different explanation depending on who you get to mind numbing hurdles to jump through to get to a competent human being who can address where their automation creates obstacles or inconsistencies in how they're processing transactions all in an effort to extract fees out of the customers they say they care about, of which I don't buy any of that. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Chase. I just signed up with another big bank competitor of theirs. Not expecting much but maybe it's the lesser of two evils.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I wrote out a check to Capital One for my credit card payment. The check was stolen and an individual put it into her account. I am being given the run around by Chase. The money was taken out on June 3, 2019. I found out on June 29 that the credit card company did not receive payment. I tried from June 20 on to submit the claim. They finally put the claim through on July 10 and now say I have to wait up until 90 days and that is an estimate. They can take longer. The system is severely flawed. You can deposit a check through the ATM or phone and the program does not check the front of the check to where it is being deposited and I am paying the price for this flaw no one gets back to me. I am considering taking them to small claims court. Horrible bank. They do not stand behind their customers.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My family have banked with Chase for years & recommended I use them when I moved to New Orleans. I opened an account & was introduced to the features of mobile deposits. I always sign my checks for deposit only with my account number for a mobile deposit. I was never informed otherwise of anything different. Anyway I deposited a work check from Hancock Whitney Bank on June 10,2019. On July 24th, the funds were withdrawn from my account because someone from Capital One had presented the same check there & it was cashed even though it had for deposit & my signature on it (Somehow this check wasn't destroyed in my shredder or was thrown away). I spent many hours & weeks trying to get my money back. Capital One trace the check back to Chase because my account number was on the back & they gave the funds back to Capital One & then to cover their loss pulled the funds from my account.

Now mind you it's been more than a month since it had cleared from the issuer at Hancock Whitney & in my account. Chase did not bother to call me to send an alert of suspicious fraud but sent a letter out to me that was dated July 24th,2019, the same day I had been in the branch trying to fix this mess. I would not receive a call from the escalation team at Chase for more than a week later. I got different answers from different departments as to what to do. Capital One & Chase were pointing the fingers at each other as to who should be responsible for giving the funds back to me. Meanwhile, my account was severely overdrawn & the fees were accumulating.

I asked that Chase please pay whatever was coming through till the matter was cleared up as I was sure it was a simple misunderstanding. I was informed that I had exceeded the amount of fees & they couldn't do anything to help me & the matter was out of their hands. I would wait another week before the escalation team would get back to me to tell me they're closing the case because they have no proof I wasn't the one committing fraud. I had filed a police report & had met with the issuer of the check & Hancock Whitney Bank in person to prove I was the intended person & Chase was notified of the proof from the bank manager, but said they closed the case.

My bank threw me to the curb in my opinion. They did not follow through to give me the courtesy of a warning of what was happening. I had to borrow money to open a new account at Hancock Whitney so I could make a my car payments & pay the insurances & bills. My bank refused to help me anymore & felt I should be responsible for getting my money back. I felt I was being punished as a child. Yes, the check was not properly destroyed ,but it was signed & had for deposit only on it. All three of us were at fault. Capital One for cashing a signed deposited check to begin with, Chase for not communicating with me to see if I was aware of the fraud & for paying Capital One without proof that I wasn't committing the fraud & me for not destroying the check properly.

So now I'm without the funds & have lost much money that I needed & the stress this has caused & time off from work to meet with the banks has been unnecessary. The was I was treated by my Chase was not good customer service. Don't bank with Chase. They pass the issue along for others to solve instead of looking out for their customers.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My name is Joyce **. I live **. I was at your ATM machine in Chicago IL on Western and Madison street trying to get money from ATM machine about 5:30 AM on 08/09/19. There was so many large RATS surrounding the ATM machine. They were coming out of this patch of grass right in front of your ATM machines I thought they were going to jump on me. I spoke to someone in the bank a year or so ago about this problem, and after that I just stop using this ATM machine for the most part. I was afraid I might get bitten. I have been a customer of Chase Bank for many of years. This is horrible. I will not go there again. Someone from Street and Sanitation should address these issues. Chase Bank your customers should not be subjected to this infestation. Thank You. ** Please let me now when this problem has been resolve.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I opened a business account at a branch with a $200 promotion bonus code. The banker at the branch was nice, and the experience was pleasant. But when I called the customer service number, it was a completely different story. Called them 2 times in a day, and each time ended up very unsatisfied. Call #1: I deposited a check 7 days ago, but the fund is still being held. When I called to ask why, the rep said she doesn't have the info and put me in another queue for another department. I had to wait 15 minutes to talk to a specialist. Not the best 1st impression.

Call #2: I have fulfilled all the requirements for the $200 bonus, but still haven't received it. Called to ask why/when, but only to be told my account is not registered with the promotion. The rep said she doesn't know why, and asks me to go back to the branch to figure out why. I asked why the customer has to sort this out. She said that is how it is at Chase. Maybe it is how Chase works. But it is really disappointing. They don't seem to want to communicate with other departments/branches to help customers. The service is so bad, it could only get better. Sigh...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

If you're an intelligent person who care as much as I do about my hard earned money and the bank I'm doing business with, then for the love of God hear me! Chase Bank cares nothing about its customers whatsoever and truly will go out of their way to screw them out of their money. They have rules and regulations that will boggle the human mind. I believe that this is their intentions for the start. They will have you so upset over some unbelievable and totally ridiculous rule of theirs, that you will "In Most Cases" just give up and go away. That's exactly what they want you to do.

I could go into great detail about what they've done to me and others I know, but know this, I hardly ever take time to review anyone unless they are so bad that I feel I need to spread the word. Chase Bank should be ran out of business and its top executives jailed for a thousand years for the Billions of dollars they've stolen from the unsuspecting public. So do your research before banking with these illegitimate thieves, and don't believable all the positive reviews you'll see online. That's a smoke screen they use to suck you in.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I have had a Chase checking account for 20 years and recently my online access to it was blocked so they could check on a transaction. The transaction was legitimate, but they are saying because I’m not at my US number (I'm in London for several months) the only way I can get back access is to "go to the nearest branch with my ID." The nearest branch is 3000 miles away! I talked to several customer service reps and supervisors, called the lady who opened my account, messaged them on Facebook, went to the corporate offices in London, emailed two corporate officers. If they respond at all--the two corporate officers didn't--they just say, “Sorry, that's our policy.” I want to close my account and go with a different bank but I can't even do that until I get access to my Chase account! If you ever travel, I suggest not banking with Chase.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I made on time payments for 3 years racking up tens of thousands of dollars on this card- used it for work expenses. When I paid out in full, SOMETHING didn’t calculate and their system showed I “overpaid” by 200 dollars on the statement but supposedly left a remaining balance of 29 for the following month. With the assumption that this card was now at zero I was never alerted through a call or even an email that they sent me to collections. Paid, fought, lost. For a guy who only uses credit cards, you have lost a lifetime of business. Worst customer service and this credit ding just affected my refi on my home. I also want to give a shout out to Capital One who alerts if they even think I tip too much. Save your time and go to a more tech savvy credit company.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

After a three and a half hour vacation ruining odyssey, I discovered, thanks to Chase online, just how bad is our banking system! Armed with my smartphone I attempted to rectify the problem. When I talked to supervisor at the end, I was told "You can't enroll online from smartphone". I answered "This is 2019. You can't be serious." But oh yes, yes they can be very serious. The final nails in banking system are being hammered in by crypto. Guess what? I can do crypto on my phone and transfer money seamlessly to anywhere in the world on my cell phone! Hundreds of thousands of dollars if I want.

I don't have to deal with a stone age, unredeemable banking system that still uses Faxing! Can you believe this! When I wanted to file a complaint they directed me to a fax! Now I want to say something positive. The people I encountered on the phone were fantastic! Sad that they are going to get sucked into the vortex when this ** Bank goes down. Chase Bank is supposed to be the pinnacle of American Banking. It's a pinnacle alright, the kind that if you attempt to hold yourself up with it will pierce your hand. Goodbye Chase, you can keep my travel points.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I am closing my bank account with you. My card was stolen and was hung up on twice. Very very rude. Will never bank with Chase again. The customer service was that of a Taco Bell in a ghetto. Very displeased.

Chase Bank Company Information