4.5/5 (114 ratings)

About Century Support Services

The team at Century follows a basic mission. It is to help our clients take control of their debt so they can live their best lives. Meeting and exceeding our client’s needs is at the center of what we do every day.

Pros

• Accredited with AFCC and IAPDA
  • Dedicated rep for each case
  • Free initial consultation

Cons

• Only offers debt settlement services

Bottom Line

Century Support Services can help settle debts for people with $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although the company only offers debt settlement as an option, the program can reduce debts significantly.

Top Century Support Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Support Services, LLC?

Verified

The reps are friendly and helpful. They call the credit card companies and set up a deal. I just pay part of the amount that I owe and that has helped. I’m still working through t...

Verified

Answered all my questions. Very friendly and cared about what questions I had. Knowledge in what I was asking. Did not hurry me. Did not make me feel stupid and really cared about...

About Century Support Services

Century Support Services is a debt relief company that offers debt settlement services. The company negotiates with creditors to attempt to reach a settlement on the customer’s debts, which lowers the amount they owe. Century Support has settled $1 billion in debt for 180,000 clients. One Century Support representative is assigned to work with each consumer during the entire debt settlement process.

Century Support Services is available in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin.

How does Century Support Services work?

Century Support Services uses debt settlement programs to help customers. The company’s debt settlement program typically lasts between 24 and 48 months. During this time, Century Support negotiates the debt owed, typically down to about 50% of the original amount, and consumers pay off the resulting debt once it has been reduced to a single lump sum.

Customers can subscribe to receive alerts through Century Support Services for any important news or program activity. The company also lets customers set up deposit schedules, securely upload relevant documents and view enrolled accounts.

Century Support Services cost

The typical charge for Century Support Services is 18% to 25% of the original debt owed. With fees, consumers might end up paying somewhere between 68% and 75% of the original debt. With debt settlement services, you pay into just one account with Century Support Services, which makes monthly payments much easier.

Do we recommend Century Support Services?

We recommend Century Support Services if you have already tried a debt management program or debt consolidation method that hasn’t worked. Century Support Services’ debt settlement program can help you settle debts with your creditors, resulting in a lower cost for you.

Century Support Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Support Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Support Services, LLC?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

In 2016, I went online to try to help my mom with her debt. I was pleased with how that started off with Century Support. When my husband and I needed help, I reached out to Century again. I'm really pleased so far. The process is slow but I didn’t get this debt overnight, too. I like the idea of not having to worry about remembering.

I like that I'm saying I would do something then following through with it. That’s how Century is helping me. I don't want to file for bankruptcy and not pay because I did make the debt. With Century, I have someone representing me and my best interest. I have confidence in that. Plus, they helped me feel like I can do something about my debt rather than just leave it and forget about it. Century has renewed my faith. I made a mistake and I don't feel like I'm being punished. I'm taking care of it, even though Century is doing all the work.

I've been in the program since June this year. If I need customer service, I can call them. If I can't chat with a rep online or if customer service can't answer my questions, they find an answer and they get back to me. They send emails. I'm not really an email person but I have them marked as urgent so I’m interested in what they're sending. They share ways to help me from getting into this situation again through better buying choices and being a better consumer. The only thing is I have not been able to talk to one person consistently. It changes a little bit too much for my taste. I don't really find this part amusing or pleasing. I would like to have one person to call. I got to where I don't mind just doing the email or chat because it doesn't matter who I talk to.

I recommended Century Support to some friends that were in similar situations. In this day and age, it's hard to find someone you trust because there are so many scams going on. But I like how Century showed me in detail exactly what they're doing and I can go check in on my account anytime online. I can even check there to see what payment was made and what my balance is. I tell them it’s convenient and to not have to worry or feel bad. I got myself in this situation and COVID didn't help at all. Century makes me feel at ease. So far, they're trustworthy and I hope I’m never proven wrong.

Century Support Services response

Wow!!! We were blown away by your positive words, Rebecca. We really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review. We value the partnership we have established with you. Our representatives have a passion for building relationships with our clients and we strive to deliver the highest level of customer experience excellence possible for you. Congratulations on your progress in your program and thank you for choosing Century!

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2021

I made Century aware of whatever things at the time that was on my credit that I felt that I need to take care of and I told them a couple of things belonged to my boyfriend as well. I needed to hit a certain mark before Century will be able to help me. So in between that time, they found out what I could afford to pay. They never forced me to pay a certain amount. They found out what my budget was to work for me and gave me an estimate on how long it would take. They told me that they will negotiate with some of what the creditors and that would take a while. They told me how my credit might take a hit before things get better and it did.

I'm at the end of the road and things are working out way better. When I do have any issues, I call. They are very eager to help. They really have helped me a lot. Everything they said is happening and you just have to be patient, especially if you don't have the money at the time. But Century work with anything. They are awesome.

The program works for me because it was within my budget and it actually did something to my credit. I dealt with Lexington Law before and I paid money every month but nothing happened. The only thing that happened was that I was paying money and not one thing changed on my credit. But Century did something positive to my credit. My credit is better now. They give me advice on what to do and what mistakes not to make again. It's the choices in credit cards now that I'm getting that I never got before and I’m learning how to not max out my cards when I do use them. I got the advice to pay them off and then if you use it again, wait a week and pay it off if you can afford to do it. It's been a benefit and a blessing to my life. I even try to pass to my family members the information that Century has given me that has bettered my credit.

Century Support Services response

Wow!!! We were blown away by your positive words, Sharon. We really appreciate the time you took to provide such a detailed review. We value the partnership we have established with you. Our representatives have a passion for building relationships with our clients and we strive to deliver the highest level of customer experience excellence possible for you. With such a positive experience we were wondering if you know about our client referral program. Your friends and family may be able to benefit from our program. Thanks again for the review and for being such a great customer.

Original review: March 6, 2021

The program went well. The only thing that I had problems with was getting my profile built up on the computer so that I could check my account myself. It was always something with the passwords. But that didn't do anything and every time that I would have to ask a question, I had to call into the office. Because I had finished the program early, I had some extra money. When I asked the lady how much it will cost me to finish the program, she told me the amount that I had to put in my account. I said, "As of this day, we're turning off the automatic draft out of my account and we're just putting the money there, then you'll send it over to the finalization period." She said yes. I was sitting here waiting but nothing was happening.

In the meantime, I looked in my account and another $247 came out of it. It was not what was told to me. I called back and they said it was a Just Energy bill that I turned in in the beginning. They were reaching out to the company but they weren't responding. If they were not responding, it was holding the process up for me. I had already tried to refinance my car and it came back as a charge-off. I thought I couldn't do it anymore because if it came back as a charge-off then, it was going to do it even if I went somewhere else.

I asked how could we take them off and the lady I spoke with when I called customer service said they could take it off and she did. She went on and sent it back up to finalization again. After that, things started popping off. I saw that my credit score went up 97 points almost. Century was sold to me by letting me know all the details and I would sell it in the same way. If others give them a chance, it probably could be beneficial to them as well. The person that referred me to Century was supposed to receive something but she never received it though.

Century Support Services response

Angela, Thank you so much for your positive review and rating! We value the partnership we have established with you. Our representatives have a passion for building relationships with our clients and we strive to deliver the highest level of customer experience excellence possible for you. Our records show that you have completed your Century program. We have shared your feedback with one of our Customer Advocates, Jennifer. She will be reaching out to discuss some of the information you left in your review. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you our service and wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors. Congratulations on a successful program completion!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

So far, so good. At first I was really iffy. It's something that I had put aside for a few months. Once the covid situation got worse, I felt myself getting deeper and deeper into debt. But it was very helpful that they scheduled an appointment. There's a first-time call that breaks down how you can use the portal. Everything is updated on the portal and I don't have to confront those credit card companies anymore. It's kind of like Century is defending me at this point. All of those little aspects are making me feel at ease.

I was able to settle one of my debts for this month so that’s something I'm happy about. One of my credit cards has an extremely high amount of debt and I didn't think that the smaller one would be resolved in such a quick timeframe. It was done on the first three months of being within the program. The other one has much more debt and probably won’t take three months but I'm happy at least one is out the way. All the money that I put into the account could begin paying off the second.

The reps were very thorough. Any questions I asked, they answered right away. I liked the fact of having emails on a monthly basis. They give tips on how you can save or ways on being able to put a little more towards the balance, and that way reduce the timeframe to pay it off. They worked with me on the payment plan according to my budget now. It's a very tough time with covid and not working as many hours. It gives you options on whether you need to make a less amount of payment over a longer period of time or a little bit higher payment over a shorter period of time. I like that they give the flexibility. You can start paying $200 or $300 a month. When you feel you have a little bit extra, you don't get penalized in being able to pay more towards it.

Even before settling the debt, they advised me I would have to pay a few more dollars but it would be done in three lump sums. By March, it would already be completed for that first credit card debt. It’s not like they just throw you out there to figure it out on yourself. It's kind of like a step-by-step guidance and I like that process. It's something I've never had to do before and I never saw myself doing but with everything going on, I figured that was the only way out and the best option at that time. I know it was going to affect credit at the beginning. My credit score is severely going to drop. The way the accounts look, some would be listed as delinquent. But for that one that's already going to be closing in March, that already shows how it's going to be pretty much back in good standing. That's something definitely positive to look forward to.

Century Support Services response

Jisela, Thank you for your positive review and rating! It’s wonderful to hear that our efforts have had such a positive impact on your life. We appreciate your taking the time to register in your MyCentury portal. The portal provides you access to the specific details of your account including, recent activity updates, pending settlements, and many other resources. The Century team will continue to work with you to successfully complete your program as efficiently as possible.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

There was a phone number on television to resolve debt and I called the number. It wasn't a Century phone number but it didn't specifically say what company. So, it must be a main line that connects you to the nearest debt office or the nearest office to your location. The guy came on and we started talking, and then he took my credit information, my date of birth and my social. He said I didn’t qualify for a loan because of my credit rating. But he said that they do have a program where so much money is deducted per month on my debit card bill. They could have this resolved for me within three years. So, I went for that. The guy was nice and very thoughtful. He explained himself very clearly on how the system works. He said that it was based upon how much I owe. That's how much they deduct on a monthly basis. They try to work with the client.

My life went upside down back in 2006 when I lost my job due to drugs and alcohol and I tried several rehabs. A psychiatrist helped me out and put my head back together. So, I did the bankruptcy in 2012. I was offered a credit card because my credit rating started improving after the bankruptcy. My bills were paid on time all the time and so, I signed on a credit card. Barclays started me with $1,400 and one thing led to another. The guy told me that if I keep paying off the credit card, I’m never going to finish paying it because whatever the balance is, the interest rate is going to affect that on every payment I make.

The guy started to explain to me how the program with Century Support Services works. He needed to know how this happened to me and then, he explained to me thoroughly. He explained to me that when I have a $14,000 balance and if I don't pay it off, every time I make a payment, 29% of that payment is going to them and the rest of it is going towards the payment. Doing it that way will take me 30 years to pay that off. I heard him punching numbers and he said to me that the way they work, whatever balance I owe, they’ll deduct a certain amount per month. And once they get a good amount of payment into the card company, then they’ll call them and start negotiating a balance. So, he did all that. The guy told me that three years is better than 30.

Barclays was the one that was killing me off the balance and the one with TD Bank got resolved faster because the balance was only $3,000. I got a tax paper from Barclay saying the amount of interest I paid and for my tax reports. It says the balance is paid off. But I still got March and April, which is the fee that Century charges. The program is excellent. TurboTax has been sending me emails every three months telling me that my credit score has changed. So, Century Support helps your credit score go up. My bills are paid on time.

The guy told me not to sign up for any credit cards while I’m in this program. Because if I sign up for one, they're gonna complain why I’m paying off that credit card and not them. He said that I should keep everything with my debit card and my personal cash until this gets resolved. He coached me good. He said that if I sign up for a credit card and I want to buy something with it worth $200, I should save the cash and buy it with the credit card. When I get the bill, I should take the $200 and pay the balance off immediately. He said my credit balance will go up a lot faster.

I was never able to log on to the portal of Century Support Services but I asked myself what I was gonna log on for. If I wanted to know anything, I could call them and they could tell me. It’s just that the two browsers, Google and Microsoft, weren’t letting me in. I had my password down pat and I even changed it and my username. I was on Wi-Fi internet too, which would be better than outside. In the beginning, Century wanted me to call to talk about how the program works for two hours. I told them that I would call them whatever day it is. I was a dispatcher at a taxi office so it was 12-hour shifts and I never did the orientation phone call. Still, everything went well and I’m satisfied with everything.

Century Support Services response

Raphael, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Our representatives strive daily to deliver an excellent customer experience to each and every client on the program. We appreciate your taking the time to register in your MyCentury portal. The portal provides you access to the specific details of your account including, recent activity updates, pending settlements, and many other resources. The portal is available to you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience. The Century team will continue to work with you to successfully complete your program as efficiently as possible.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

Enrolling in the program of Century was very simple. Their program has worked great so far. They've been aggressive. But Century prepared me for that and they left me alone. Now, I don't get any calls. Working with them took the stress off making payments. They'd evaporated it. They handled and they just took over. There are fees that they get out of this process, but overall, the payment that I make is much less than I was paying with copays. The payment was the winner. That's gonna be the be-all-end-all for any solution. The payment with Century was much less than it would have been if I was paying credit cards. I was only paying the minimums anyway so I would have never paid them off.

Century Support Services response

Laura, we can’t thank you enough for the kind words about your experience with our team. Your review means a lot to us and it lets us know we’re on the right track! Looking forward to continuing your progress toward better financial health!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

We were enrolled with Century for the last 15 months and last October, I spoke to them and I told them that we needed to stop payments for at least a month or two. They said we could do all that, except they'd have to renegotiate some things. But I told them that I didn't care since I lost a job. When I called again last November 22, I spoke to someone named Lowrie who was very attentive and very empathetic. She stopped the payment and reversed the payments that they shouldn't have taken in November. But they didn't give me all of my money back because they were claiming some whatever hocus pocus in their voodoo, but assured me on a recorded line that they would not take the December 10th payment of $810 and that we would reconvene in January to see if I secured a job or I will have to go through a bankruptcy, which is still not on the plate. I'm still hopeful that I will have a job by then.

But this morning, they took the money. I called and I asked to speak with Lowrie but they couldn't put her on. I spoke to this guy who I flipped out on. I told him to get a supervisor because this was absolutely 100% unauthorized withdrawal, so he put me on hold. When he came back, he said that Mia, who is a supervisor, is going to be calling me around 1 o'clock after she listens to the recording and that they were going to do whatever they could to get my money back to me. So I'm waiting for this call. It's a pending withdrawal on my bank and hasn't even hit yet. So they could very easily just stop it according to my bank. If they don't, my bank already said they'll put the stop payment on it and refuse them access ever again. But I shouldn't have to be going through this on top of the 9,000 other things I'm going through. All in all, unparalleled incompetence are two words that match well for Century Support Services.

Century Support Services response

Eric, we’d just like to thank you for taking the time to write this review of our team. We read every review and all feedback is valuable to our growth as a team.

Our records indicate that you were able to speak with one of our Floor Supervisors, Mia, regarding the monthly program deposit being processed in error. Mia was able to provide a resolution with a plan to have the funds returned to you.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience in this matter. We thank you for choosing Century and look forward to our continued partnership as we work with you on your progress to better financial health.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I was trying to apply for a consolidation loan and I thought Century was a loan company. I spoke with their guy Greg and he said that I qualified for their programs to try to help me rebuild my credit. Greg was very thorough. He could have stopped with just a few of the accounts but he went further and he updated everything for me. He went above and beyond trying to make sure he included as much as he could include in there. I was given a five-year plan. But if I am able to settle things sooner and pay more, then I'll be done sooner.

We negotiated what was reasonable for me to pay each month and how long it would take to pay it. The faster I pay it and the more I pay, the better it will be. Realistically, I didn't want to cut myself short financially each month and Century was flexible with it. This is only my second month of trying to get this done. So far, the settlement process has been good and I've settled 10% of my debt. I've already seen a couple of things removed from my credit report and my credit score has increased a little bit. I feel better knowing that these things are being taken care of and they're not just left hanging out there.

I keep track of my progress on the Century online portal. I check that every day to see if there are any notices. There's a pie chart that tells me how much is done and how much debt I have left. It's very easy. I would recommend this program to anyone who has trouble with their debt. Century was the first to actually help me. The other people have written me off.

Century Support Services response

Thank you for the kind words, Michele! We’re so happy your program is going so smoothly. If you share your experience with your friends and family that may need debt help too, you could qualify for our referral program. We’d love to provide the same experience you have had with other awesome customers like you. Thanks again!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

Century is a reputable company and they have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau. They offered a client portal so that I would be able to see what's going on, my deposit, and the money that I owe. I get constant updates from them. I called them today because I have a situation with my bank. There was a fraudulent account in my bank and they froze my bank. I wanted to make sure when the payment was due. Also, I'm gonna get a new card within 45 days and I wanted to make sure that Century knew about that. They made a record of that, which I like. They told me that as long as my account number didn't change, I would be all right.

When going through a debt settlement, look into the kind of rating the company has with the Better Business Bureau, how long they've been in business, and what kind of negative or positive response they have from customers. That's very important to me. I didn't see that from other companies but I saw it from Century Support. You wanna deal with somebody that's reputable, has been in business for a while, and will do what they say they're gonna do.

Century Support Services response

Wow!!! We were blown away by your positive words and review, Gerald. We really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review. We value the partnership we have established with you. Congratulations on your progress in your program and thank you for choosing Century!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I would recommend Century. They're doing a good job. The reps were kind, courteous, very professional and knew what they were talking about. I'm really happy with that part. ​But it's taking a little longer for the debt consolidation to fall through with all my other cards that I submitted. I have Target still calling me and Capital One still stating that I owe them more than I used to.

Century Support Services response

Thanks so much for your feedback, Josephine! Our mission is to help you resolve your debt in the shortest time possible and save you as much money as possible by negotiating favorable settlements on the balance owed. When you enrolled in your debt settlement program, a customized plan was created for you to meet your program goals over an estimated time. The strategies involved in creating and executing on your customized program, are based on years of experience working with creditors. Allowing the program to progress through the process, will allow it to work the strategy and find your ultimate success. We’re very grateful for customers like you and hope your program continues to provide the best possible customer experience.

Century Support Services Company Information