4.49/5
Based on 202 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Century Support Services is one of the nation's largest debt settlement companies providing these services to consumers having trouble with their unsecured debts. We do what we do to improve people’s financial lives. That’s our ‘WHY’ and the powerful cause that inspires us. With core values directed by trust, experience and integrity, Century’s team has devoted itself to providing the best experience for our clients while working on their behalf to ensure their financial freedom.

Contact us today for more information!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 20, 2018

322 Century Support Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

Courteous service. Regular updates. So far it has taken a lot of stress off me trying to get out of debt. My balances were cut in half and spread out over a period of time. This has made it possible for me to have a fresh start.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 18, 2018

I have been with Century since May 2017. I was signed up by a company called Accredited Debt Relief and carried on communicating with them until recently. Everything was going fine until March. I have 6 credit cards, three with Bank of America. 2 of my accounts have been settled but Bank of America hasn't been offered any settlement since from what Century told me (too late) there were not sufficient funds on my account with them. I pay every month what has been estimated by them initially according to my debt which was supposed to be solved in 48 months. However, they didn't reach out Bank of America (Biggest part of my debt) and as a result I was served in March! With 2 lawsuits and a mediation first. I am on my own, bearing in mind that they have always told me (the first company who signed me up) that my creditors were easy ones and that BoA almost never took legal action... That's the almost part that I didn't want to look at.

Today, 2 of my accounts have been settled, 4 still remain active with interest charges going on and legal action to deal with... I am totally unprepared because I listened to them and trusted them, having set a monthly payment to sort out the debts... I am French, living here and not really familiar with the US legal system. I am not satisfied at all. I feel I have been betrayed and misled... manipulated and sold a program which doesn't work or has been totally mismanaged. Staff is unreachable, no names, nobody to talk to on a regular basis that knows your case. I have no name for my "negotiator". All this is anonymous and their answer, "We are sorry but we are not lawyers..." Well, I am going to end up paying them and my creditors (More with the interest charges that piled up since I stopped paying my credit cards a year ago on their advice). Any advice? I am retired, and I teach a few hours at College to make both ends meet.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Century Support Services is working with me on my credit card debt. They have settled one, and we’re working on another one. Everybody’s been very helpful. I’ve got their number in my billfold if I need to call. I recommended them to someone that was in the same position as me, and he's been with them for two months now.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Century Support Services provided a debt relief program for me which I started in March. Their rep sounded pretty good when she talked to me on the phone and she seemed very confident with what should happen with my settlement.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I heard a lot about Century. I gave their reps all the needed information and they took care of it. I like their program and we've been rolling ever since. So far, they've already paid off two of my credit cards. I'm working on number three which is the biggest one but it's the last one. They've done a great deal in my life. My scores have gone up however, they wanted me to sign up for a loan application to pay off my last debt. I can't submit the thing because down at the bottom, it says "For an employment" and I'm unemployed. I haven't been working since 1999 and I'm disabled. But I own a home in New York and I rent this thing out. Other than that, I recommended them to my buddy and he said he's gonna go and do it. If I ever I had to recommend Century to anybody else, I will surely recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Support Services, LLC?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 14, 2018

I've been in the program for 19 month now. I wasn’t making end meet on a low-income job and all my credit card payments were adding up to more than I was getting paid. I joined the program and everything was going great, even added 2 other accounts a few months in but now I get hit with a lawsuit from one of the creditors which was on the account from day 1. I called them about it and was informed that it would be taken care of and I shouldn’t worry so imagine my surprise when 2/3 weeks later I’m being served with papers to appear at civil court. These people take your money and tell you not to communicate with your creditors but fail to deliver on what they promised to do. I would never recommend even my worst enemy to this company.

Century Support Services response

Chantelle, We appreciate you sharing your Century experience, which we take very seriously. Your review has been shared with our Director of Customer Service and other senior managers, as part of our complaint management system. One of our Senior Customer Advocates, Katelyn, will be following up with you to discuss your concerns in more detail. We appreciate your feeling that there may have been a gap in communication with us. Our team makes every effort to foster good communication during your Century program. Keep in mind, some collectors may associate with law firms in an attempt to collect on that debt. However, those same creditors are whom Century negotiates with on a regular basis to reduce your debt and reach a settlement acceptable to our clients and their creditors. Our Century Negotiators are knowledgeable on how to address these accounts and will work towards a positive resolution for you. Our records show that our Priority Department reached out to discuss some important details regarding your next steps that will assist you in resolving one of your accounts. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns mentioned in your review and any other questions you may have concerning your Century program. Our team will continue to follow up with you and work for you on possible solutions getting your debts settled.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Century Support Services was much more pleasant than the company that I called before them, so I went with Century's debt settlement program. So far, the program has been doing good and I had one settlement that’s been done. The people that I've worked with have been wonderful and they never had a problem giving me the answers that I needed. They told me to make sure I had $200 every month and I have been doing that. Century has unloaded a lot of pressure off of me. But a creditor has been trying to get a hold of me regarding one account on the list, but it's my husband’s account and not mine. Century said that they would handle this, but they never did. So, I wrote and sent them a letter because they didn’t answer my phone call, but I haven't heard back from them yet. Nevertheless, I've already sent something to my son about Century and he said that he might have to look into their services.

Original review: April 2, 2018

My credit card bills were adding up and I was trying not to drown. My co-worker then recommended Century Support Services to me. I felt good about the application process. Century reached out to one of the first credit companies and they came up with a price negotiation.

Century Support Services response

Susan, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Our representatives strive daily to deliver and excellent customer experience to each and every client on the program. We appreciate you taking the time to register in your MyCentury client portal. The portal provides you with access to the specific details of your account, including recent activity updates, pending settlements, and many other resources. The portal is available to you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience. The Century team will continue to work with you to successfully complete your program as efficiently as possible.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I needed help from Century service. They contacted the creditors, negotiated my debt and came up with a solution. They set up a payment plan and I just got to comply with it. From what payments I made, they paid the debts. The debt has been cleared and my credit score started rising. Right now, I'm just waiting for them to settle more credit card accounts, negotiate them and keep on moving forward from there. Their reps were also very courteous, kind, straightforward and detailed. I felt very comfortable working with them and I would tell others to go with Century because they never did me any wrong and I really enjoyed their service.

Century Support Services response

Bertram, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Our representatives strive daily to deliver an excellent customer experience to each and every client on the program. We appreciate you taking the time to register in your MyCentury portal. The portal provides you access to the specific details of your account, including recent activity updates, pending settlements, and many other resources. The portal is available to you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience. The Century team will continue to work with you to successfully complete your program as efficiently as possible.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The Century Support Services salesman was pretty good so I decided to go with them for a debt settlement program with debt consolidation. I did the paperwork online and signed a lease where they could talk to my creditors and tell them that I’m in the program so they wouldn't be calling me all the time. Century negotiated a price deduction to pay out the debt I had. I had three debt consolidators and they got back to me as soon as possible if they didn’t answer. They explained what was gonna happen. They were very informative and they made the process easy. Their fees were high but other than that, I’m very satisfied with Century Support Services.

Century Support Services response

Richard, Thank you for your positive review and rating! It's wonderful to hear that our efforts have had such a positive impact on your life. Our records show that you have successfully completed your journey with us to achieve financial freedom. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and congratulations on completing the Century program!

Original review: March 25, 2018

We’ve been hounded by my credit and I let my credit card overload my bank account. I did research and found out that Century was the best one to go to. Plus I had a friend that dealt with them and my friend said, “Don’t go with anybody else but them.” So that's what I did and I’ve had very pleasant experience with them. It was a debt settlement program. I stayed with them for a few months and then, I was able to get the accelerated loan. I just pay my bill, 125 every two weeks, which was great. You just pay that on time for so many months and after you’ve proven yourself that you pay on time, they bump you into the program where they go ahead and settled everything with a loan company. I’m still in the program and I just got approved for the loan thing. Once a loan company takes over, it’s out of Century’s hand and I do all my dealings with the loan company.

Century reps were fabulous people. The team that I worked with was just amazing. When it comes to doing a settlement deal, they call you on the phone to be on the other end and they do all the talking and they handle all the accounts for you. With Century's help, my life is a lot easier. I don’t have to deal with the creditors bothering me with the phone calls every month. I would definitely give my friends their phone number. They really take the time to listen to what’s going on and not only with the credit card. They want to know what’s going on with you and how you are feeling about things. They take time to get a little personal and that’s kind of nice because then they really do realize where you’re coming from.

Century Support Services response

Sandra, Thank you for your positive review and rating! We value the partnership we have established with you. Our representatives have a passion for building relationships with our clients and we strive to deliver the highest level of customer experience excellence possible for you. In addition to our expert representatives, we also have the MyCentury client portal, which provides you access to the details of your account, including recent activity updates, pending settlements and many other resources. Through our portal and our experienced staff, we will continue our efforts to helping your achieving your goal of financial freedom.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 23, 2018

I was looking for a loan to consolidate my debts because I'm on a limited income and I've had some things happen that have put me in debt. I was looking for help to get out of debt and I should have gone with another company. I wanted a loan to pay off the debts, then I would pay Century Support Services but that's not what I got. What I got was that they make deals with the companies and there were only four companies for me to pay a percentage which is cool. I only have to pay say 50% of that, but I have to pay Century half of what I'm paying them. Let’s say I'm paying $600 of what I owed to company X, I also have to turn around and pay Century $325.

The rep didn't explain this totally to me. A woman from the company talked to me recently because I had concerns because only one bill was being taken care of. They weren’t working with the other three companies and it's adding on interest and late fees. Why weren’t they doing something to stop that? I was assuming that they stop the fees and everything building up and work on paying off what I owe, but that's not what's happening. This will be my third month with Century and they've only worked with one company. I'm not happy with Century but I'm stuck with them now. I was led to believe one thing but it was another way. I would not recommend this company to anybody looking to consolidate their loans. There are better companies out there and I'm really sorry I didn't go to them.

Century Support Services response

Kathleen, We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns, which we take very seriously. Your review has been shared with one of our Senior Customer Advocates, Amanda. On the day your review was received, Amanda initiated an internal review of your concerns and spoke with you to discuss those concerns. Our team's expertise is with debt settlement and we do not offer consolidation options. One of the distinct differences between debt settlement and debt consolidation is that with debt consolidation, you pay back 100% of the full principal balance plus any interest or fees that may accumulate. With debt settlement, you only pay a portion of what you owe. While on your debt settlement program, creditors typically will continue to add interest and late fees to accounts that are delinquent. Many creditors stop assessing interest and fees once they have charged-off the debt. However, others may not stop these assessments. Our goal is to negotiate substantial reductions to the balances on your accounts, including any interest and fees that may have been assessed. In regards to your concern with our settlement fees. Once we negotiate a debt, you authorize that settlement, and the first payment is sent to the creditor, the fee associated with particular debt is due. the settlement fees can vary, but do not exceed 25% of the originally enrolled balance. In your conversation with Amanda, you indicated that you did not wish for us to contact you again, until we have good news to share with you. The Century will continue to work with you to successfully complete your program as efficiently as possible. We encourage you to contact our office if you have any further concerns and use that opportunity to address those concerns individually.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I have been with Century for a year and I regret it. They lie, manipulate And sell your false dreams. My credit score is in the 300 from 700 in a years time. Here’s an example what they do. I had a credit card with Walmart for $714. The representative for Century told me to stop making payments once I enrolled with them (I had never missed 1 payment before joining Century) and I did as they said. Now a year later the representative said I owe Walmart $1,100 and they want to settle for $596 plus the $200 which is their fee. So in a year I am paying more with Century than I would have not using them and destroyed my credit.

Please please do yourself a favor and do some research before you go with this company. I wish I had... the company uses outside people to sell you on a false dream then once you're enrolled they screw you in every way possible. Here’s another example. When I first enrolled I was told for $11,000 worth of credit card debt I would only have to pay $250 a month for 3 years and the cards would be paid off and my credit score will only take a small hit of 50-75 points.

Here I am a year later and score dropped 400 points and with every settlement you make they ask for additional money. $100 here and there and their explanation for the addition money is you don’t have enough saved to do the settlement... but the whole point of going to the program was to help me with saving my credit score and helping pay off credit cards... like I said this company is a scam. It’s perfect until about 6 months in and then you end up spending more than you owe and destroy your credit score in the process. I hope this helps someone who’s wondering if they should go with them. Just run the other way.

Century Support Services response

Lucia - We appreciate you sharing your Century experience. We regret that you're feeling that there may have been a gap in communication regarding how your program is structured and settlements are obtained. Your review has been shared with one of our Senior Customer Advocates, Amanda. The day we received your review, Amanda began an internal review and has also attempted to follow up with you regarding your recent concerns. The telephone number we have listed for you was not in service at that time. At the start of your journey with Century, we encourage each one of our clients to complete their Welcome Call. Our records show that you completed your Welcome Call within a day of enrolling on to the program. During our Welcome Call we take care to foster good communication with every one of our clients. It was discussed during this conversation that often your credit score will decrease while you are enrolled in a debt settlement program, but no specific credit information was mentioned. Century's focus is to save you money by negotiating settlements on the balance owed. Our program is not a consolidation program and we do not make regular monthly payments towards a debt, unless it is towards a settlement. One of the major benefits of our program is that we do not earn a fee for our services until we've successfully negotiated a settlement, it has been authorized by you, and a first payment has been made towards that settlement. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns individually and work toward all possible solutions. Again we thank you for providing us with your feedback, it helps us provide better service.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I've been dealing credit card debt since college. Approximately 7+ years. I had several surgeries. And my mother passed away several months ago leaving me heartbroken and dealing with her expenses as well as mine. And dealing along with 4 properties that she left me and backdated property taxes. I have been over my ears in debt. I came across this company 7 or 8 months ago and they have been such a tremendous help. Finally starting to settle one creditor at 50% and just 2 more creditors to go! Thank the Lord for Century. They have been a blessing. Now finally getting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Century Support Services response

Rockelle, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Our team values the partnership we've established with you. It's wonderful to hear that our efforts have had such a positive impact for you. We appreciate you taking the time to register in your MyCentury portal. The portal provides access to the specific details of your account, including recent activity updates, pending settlements, and many other resources. Through our portal and our experienced representatives, we will continue our diligent efforts to bring your program to a successful completion.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I had breast cancer and it got worse in the hospital, so I ended up having seven surgeries in a year. I’m self-employed. I sell life and health insurance but I could not work for over a year. I had no income, so I lived off of my credit cards. Then, I started working again but at that time, I was just making the minimum payments and wasn’t getting anywhere. I talked to the Century Support Services guy and he sounded like it was completely legit. The way he explained the program to me on the phone, it sounded like it was doable. Then Century sent me all the paperwork that matched what he said. So, I felt really comfortable going with them. I ended up working with a rep named Todd. He was straightforward and he answered all my questions. Some people you feel like you can trust right away and he just sent me all this documentation on the fees and they all made sense to me.

Century takes $300 into my trust account and they settle my debts for 40% to 50% of what I owe. We have settled five so far. We made three payments on the small ones and 2 payments on the larger ones and so far, it has been a really good experience because I’m getting all my debts paid off. I put in a total of seven credit cards and now I have two more to go. I’ve only done the program since August and I’m halfway through. This little thing on my debt resolution agreement says that if I continue to make the minimum payments, I would owe $45,772 and my debt was only $15,000. The estimated debt payoff is $13,000 to $15,000. So, it’s a big difference. Century Support Services is a great company. They’re always in touch with me. Plus, I can log on any time and see my balance. Working with them has impacted my life in a good way. I have peace of mind knowing that I’m not going to just be paying minimum payments and be in debt for the rest of my life.

Century Support Services response

Nichole, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Century has very knowledgeable employees and we love to hear how well we are doing for our clients. In addition to our expert representatives, we also have the MyCentury client portal, which provides you access to the specific details of your account, including recent activity updates, pending settlements, and many other resources. It's wonderful to hear that our efforts have had such a positive impact on your life. We will continue our diligent efforts to bring your program to a successful completion.

Original review: March 21, 2018

The young lady that I spoke with at Century Support Services was an asset and she was the one that sold me on coming to that company. My daughter is a client as well on behalf of another person because of their customer service. It's awesome. I came on board in August of 2017 and their consolidation program eased a lot of different pressures that I was going through because of my credit card bills. It really helped out a lot and seeing that I could pay cash versus having all those different credit cards is much better. Century gave me their address and phone number if I ever need anything. They're also always emailing me and letting me knowing where I am in the process. I like that because I'm a customer service manager, so I'm big on communication, and so are they. Right now, I need to add more money into what I'm doing so I can pay off my bills quicker, but I've gotten a couple of things resolved already which made me very happy.

Century Support Services response

Deborah, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Century has very knowledgeable employees and we love to hear how well they are doing for our clients. In addition to our expert representatives, we also have the MyCentury client portal, which provides you access to the specific details of your account, including recent activity updates, pending settlements and many other resources. We look forward to helping you successfully complete the journey you have partnered with us on to achieve financial freedom.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Friendly and very helpful. Had patience with me and answer all my questions. Took time to listen to me. Help me resolve my problem. Gave me good advice and let me know how things were going on with my case. Told me that anytime I had a question feel free to call.

Century Support Services response

Francine, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Our team makes every effort to foster good communication during your Century program. Century strives daily to deliver an excellent customer experience to each and every client on the program. We appreciate you taking the time to register in your MyCentury portal. The portal provides you access to the specific details of your account, including recent activity updates, pending settlements, and many other resources. The Century team looks forward to helping you successfully complete the journey you have partnered with us on to achieve financial freedom.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I wanted to pay off my debt quicker and felt Century Support Services could help me do so. When I went to their website I liked the narrative and how they explained the process that they would go through as well as the steps. Moreover, they seemed like an easier choice. I gave them the information of the company that I owed a debt, then they took care of everything and notified me. I had to open an account and take out the money to go in the account every month and they contacted the company when it was right and did the debt settlement. I hardly did anything. It was easy. The process went quite well and I was pleasantly surprised.

They've eased the pressure off of me. Having them call the company and do the negotiation for me was a load off my shoulders. The calls have stopped and I didn't get any harassing letters. The representative that I talked to was nice and professional. Moreover, it was easy to talk with everybody there. I was very comfortable and at ease working with the rep. I didn't feel any stress at all. I would tell people to definitely give Century Support Services a call. It's worth it.

Century Support Services response

James, Thank you for your positive review and rating! It's wonderful to hear that our efforts have had such a positive impact on your life. Our representatives have a passion for building relationships with our clients and we strive to deliver the highest level of customer experience excellence possible for you. Congratulations on the successful completion of your Century Program! We are so glad we were able to help you on your journey towards financial freedom.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I had debt that I needed to manage better and I've found on Google and through Freedom Debt Relief that Century Support Services has a good reputation in debt relief. We have negotiated settlements on two very large balances and I'm waiting for a third. They submitted my information and they reached out to the account. They are making my payments which is what I need it to do. I am eight months into it and it will probably take me two and a half years to be done with it. I was comfortable interacting with their rep. Working with Century Support Services created some financial stress relief for me. They have been doing this longer than I have and everything seems to be working smoothly. It could be better, however, if things are to be solved a little more quickly. They could resell more often to the creditors as they seem to wait a lot of time between next contact.

Century Support Services response

Julia, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Our team strives daily to deliver the highest level of customer experience excellence possible for each and every client on the program. When you enrolled in your debt settlement program, a plan was created for you to meet your specific goals over an estimated time. While your funds are building in your third party account , Century Negotiators are reviewing your file for the strategic times to contact each of your creditors to negotiate the best settlement opportunities for you. Century usually contacts your creditors once we are prepared to begin negotiations. The first settlement can happen as soon as 2-4 months on the program, but this can vary greatly and depends on your monthly deposit, the number of accounts enrolled on the program, and the balance of each individual account. Century makes every effort to foster good communication during your program and we will continue our diligent efforts to bring your program to a successful completion.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I am not having a good experience at all. I have been with Century going on 3 months they settled on one debt but it has not been paid off as of yet. I put extra money and the drafts are bi weekly but they do not communicate with you at all. My credit score has gone down almost 100 points and I’m extremely angry and upset that this company does not give a ** and their workers are lazy and don’t want to do their jobs. I am currently thinking of getting a new company with lower rates because this company charges 25 percent to settle a debt which is very high.

I have called many times only to be told same things they have to be charged off which relates to I don’t feel like working. I spoke to a Supervisor 3rd one so far because no one shows any empathy nor give you any solutions only more money is needed. The Supervisor said she will be keeping an eye on my account. I am still looking around for another company because this one is taking my money and doing nothing. They have really bad reviews. I’m very dissatisfied.

Century Support Services response
Maribel - We appreciate you taking the time to send us your review and share your concerns, which we do take very seriously. Your review was shared with one of our Senior Customer Advocates, Katelyn and we see that she has been in contact with you to assist you with your concerns. In your review, you mentioned an active settlement within 3 months of enrollment on the Century Program. Some clients may see their first settlement as soon as 2-4 months after enrollment but this can vary greatly depending on several program factors. It is good program success that you are already in a settlement in your program.
Century's years of experience in debt settlement have allowed us to create multiple strategies that we employ with creditors. We usually contact your creditors once we are prepared to begin negotiations and this is a strategic plan. The actual negotiation is typically very limited until you have saved up enough in your settlement account for us to make reasonable offers to your creditors. Based on how the debt settlement process works, regular monthly payments are only made to your creditors if it is towards a settlement with terms approved by you. All settlements are required to be approved by our clients before Century can move forward with payments. Another related aspect of debt settlement is that while enrolled in the program, your credit score may be negatively impacted. Our focus is to save you money by negotiating settlements for less than the balance owed.

If you would like to discuss your concerns further, we encourage you to follow up with Katelyn. She would be happy to speak with you further. Again, thank you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It helps us provide better service to all of our clients.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I called Century Support Services one day and talked to them, and they seemed to know what they were doing. I went with their debt settlement program. The reps discussed it with me over the phone, and then they sent me several forms to look at and read. Then I signed those electronically, and we put together the credit cards that we wanted to work with. The people at Century have been very nice and they listen to what I have to say. From what I read and the conversations I had, I felt I could trust them. When you're going through something like this, trust is the most important thing. So far, everything has been going okay, and I would certainly tell my friends to give Century a try.

Century Support Services response

Kenneth, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Our representatives have a passion for building relationships with our clients and we strive to deliver the highest level of customer experience excellence possible for you. We appreciate you taking the time to register on your MyCentury client portal. The portal provides access to your specific account details, including recent activity updates, pending settlements, and many other resources for your convenience. Through our portal and our experienced representatives, we will continue our efforts to helping you achieve your goal of financial freedom.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I was very nervous when I first started my debt resolution process but your staff made the process so easy. Your staff made sure to answers all my questions before the calls was ended. Very pleasant and polite and wonderful customer service.

Century Support Services response

Eva, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Century has very knowledgeable employees and we love to hear how well we are doing for our clients. Our records show that you have successfully completed your journey with us to achieve financial freedom. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and congratulations on completing your Century program!

Original review: March 15, 2018

The many times I got in touch with Century they did not make me feel like I was not able to understand what they were telling me, they were very helpful and patient. I am not good on the computer. They walked me through it. I would tell anyone senior like me about them. They have lifted a load off me.

Century Support Services response

Bettye, Thank you for your positive review and rating! We value the partnership we have established with you. Our representatives strive daily to deliver an excellent customer experience to each and every clients on the program. We appreciate you sharing your Century experience and our team will continue to work with you to successfully complete your program as efficiently as possible.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I felt totally comfortable working with Century Support Services. They were great and have relieved a lot of stress. I had overdone my credit cards and had a friend who used Century and had nothing but positive things to say about them. During the application process, they asked a few questions like how much debt I had and what happened. Then they told me about how much they think they could settle for and how much I'd have to pay monthly. For instance, at three years and $200 a month, they'd be able to settle 75% of the debt I owe. So far, Century had settled 60% of what I owed.

There was one instance when a rep called and said, "This company only allows between the 1st and 20th settlement. I'll get you on the phone with them, we'll negotiate a settlement and we'll pay it off." But I am mostly impressed with their representatives' friendliness. If they find a settlement, they make it happen. Recently, I got a letter from one of my debtors that they've sold my debt to another credit card and Century said they would take care of it. They're on top of things. I wish a lot more knew about Century Support and the great things they do, compared to people that would go into bankruptcy.

Century Support Services response

Gary, Thank you for your positive review and rating! It's wonderful to hear that our efforts have had such a positive impact for you. Our representatives have a passion for building relationships with our clients and we strive to deliver the highest level of customer experience excellence possible for you. In addition to our expert representatives, we also have the MyCentury client portal, which provides you access to the details of your account, including recent activity updates, pending settlements and many other resources. Through our portal and our experienced staff, we will continue our diligent efforts to helping you achieve your goal of financial freedom.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I was drowning to the point where I was borrowing money from my kids just to pay my bills to keep the roof over my head so I was in a desperate situation financially. I have tried other services and they took more money out of my account. They paid off the credit cards’ minimum balance and I thought why I am paying these companies all this money to do it if I can do it myself. But Century Support Services negotiated with the credit card company and settled for a much lower price. They contacted me and explained the program to me. It sounded good to me and they negotiated with my creditors so the payoff balance would be less. I was charged a fee for their services but I settled some of them for 40% or 50% less than what I owed them. Century Support Services settled all of my debt and by April 28th, I will be finished with the program. I've been in the program for one year and four months and everything’s been taken care of.

I love Century Support Services. Their reps were all wonderful and so helpful. I never felt rushed and they addressed any issues or questions that I had. They were professional and friendly. I also didn’t feel like I was just a client or a number. I felt like I was a person there and was treated as a person. I felt very comfortable working with them and I would recommend Century to anybody. Working with Century has made it so much better. Right away, just with the monthly fee, I had an extra $300 a month for food and medication.

Century Support Services response

Jeanne, Thank you for your positive review and rating! It's wonderful to hear that our efforts have had such a positive impact on your life. Our team strives daily to deliver the highest level of customer experience excellence possible to each and every client on the program and we appreciate you taking the time to share your Century experience. Congratulations and we look forward to helping you successfully complete this journey you have partnered with us on to achieve financial freedom!

Original review: March 6, 2018

My credit is probably really messed up from dealing with Century Support Services. I'm getting phone call after phone call everyday and people are threatening to sue me. I'm so sick of them and it's nerve-wracking. A weak person would give up and a real weak person will probably blow their brains out. That's how bad it is. I like to know why Century Support Services can't call and tell every company that I turned in that they're on the list to be negotiated with to pay them off. Their reps keep telling me not to answer the phone if somebody calls then they'll call whenever they want me to fax the papers over from the different companies. This is dragging on too long. I gave them about 10 credit card debts and they take $250 a month from me for these bills so at least two or three should have been paid now. But, they've been only working on one which is Wells Fargo and it should have been paid by now.

Century Support Services response
"Jessie - We appreciate you sharing your Century experience. Our team makes every effort to foster good communication during your Century program. Century usually contacts your creditors once we are prepared to begin negotiations, but the actual negotiation activity is typically limited until you have saved enough funds in your settlement account.
The day we received your review, our Senior Customer Advocates Katelyn began an internal review. Katelyn has been attempting to follow up with you regarding your recent concerns but has not had any luck connecting.
Even with several laws in place to protect concerns from creditor harassment, almost all of our clients experience regular collection calls while on the program. For the benefit of our clients, Century has contracted with a national consumer advocacy group, United Consumer Advocacy Network (UCAN). UCAN's mission is to protect the rights of people who may fall victim to this harassment. All Century clients have access to UCAN's Creditor Intervention Program services at no charge. Their program works with you to handle these harassing calls and the creditors making them.
It is our belief that you should be treated with respect as you work towards your goal of being debt free. Katelyn will continue to reach out to follow up on your concerns. In the meantime, we encourage you to contact our office, so we can take the opportunity to collect further details about the calls you are experiencing and discuss possible solutions.

Thank you again for taking your valuable time to share your feedback with us. It helps us provide better service to all of our clients"

Original review: March 5, 2018

I left my other company and went with Century 'cause the rep I first talked to explained in detail that all my stuff would be paid in 2 ½ years with the payment plan that they gave me. She went through things with me and explained more than the other company was doing. Century is managing all my credit problems well and I appreciate their help. I just go online and check every month and make sure they got my payments. Almost all my debts are getting paid off and it's easier dealing with them than trying to deal with the creditors. So far, we have settled three debts and I have just two more higher debts that they are going to have to settle, which would be about another year. They're doing their job and I'm comfortable working with them.

Century Support Services response

Hochi, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Our representatives strive daily to deliver the highest level of customer experience excellence possible for you. We do appreciate you taking the time to register in your MyCentury client portal. The portal provides you access to the specific details of your account, including recent activity updates, pending settlements, and many other resources. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and we look forward to helping you successfully complete the journey you have partnered with us on to achieve financial freedom.

Original review: March 3, 2018

It seems to me after two settlements out of twelve, that Century is more interested in getting paid than taking care of paying the accounts. The settlements are decent, but then Century makes up most of the gains by filling in what break I get with their fees. Makes me almost afraid to accept another settlement because most of my money would be going to pay Century. The estimated deal was $200 a month for about 54 months. If that remains the same then I will have no complaints, but the way Century wants their money up front I don't see the deal lasting. Not what I was expecting, but so far so good. I'm not really in a position to complain, I guess.

Century Support Services response

Jerry, We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns, which we take very seriously. Your review has been shared with one of our Senior Customer Advocates, Katelyn. She reached out to discuss your concerns with the settlement fees on 3/6/2018. When you enrolled in the Century program, a plan was created to for you to meet your specific goals over an estimated time. Once our team negotiates a debt, it is authorized by you, and the first payment is sent to the creditor, the fee associated with that particular debt is due. At the time a settlement fee is due, this amount will be deducted from your dedicated account. Your monthly program deposit includes the amounts of all associated program fees and is included in the program estimate you were provided during your enrollment on the Century program. Katelyn will continue her efforts to reach you to discuss any concerns you may have with how our program fees are collected. Thank you again for your feedback, it helps us provide better service to our clients.

Original review: March 3, 2018

My son had passed away and hurricane Irma came through here and ripped a part of my roof off, messed up the electrical part of my house, and shorted out my electric pole outside. It cost quite a bit to get those fixed and I had to have electricity. I also couldn’t pay my bills. I had to pay cash to get that electrical work fixed. I had lost half my income so I was already in a bad shape. I was trying to borrow money to consolidate my bills. I accidentally got in touch with one of Century Support Services' representatives by mistake and he told me about their service and I decided to use that.

I combined my credit card debts and gave them all my debts so I could get my bills paid through them. They’re in the process of paying my Dillards American Express bill and I’ve got about three more to go. Also, the rep who I spoke with was a nice man. He explained everything to me so good. The interest rate was cheaper than getting a loan to pay all my bills since the creditors didn’t really give me a hassle about that. It cost me $200 a month, which was a little bit high for me because I live on a $1000 a month. It’s all I live on. Even so, they're caring, nice and they helped me. They’ve kept me from worrying about my bills so bad. I’m glad that they have taken care of my bills for me. Sometimes when I call them, I get out of breath. I have eight stents in my heart. I’ve had 10 or 11 heart attacks already and I have Parkinson’s and Fibromyalgia. They’re really considerate to help me get off the phone quick. I'm satisfied with Century Support Services.

Century Support Services response

Mary, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Our representatives strive daily to deliver an excellent customer experience to each and every client on the program. We sincerely appreciate you sharing your story. Understandably being in debt can add pressure to an already stressful life experience. The Century team values the partnership we have established with you and we are committed to continue our diligent efforts to bring your program to a successful completion.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I have not had any real problem yet. I feel as if I am making MORE progress with this company than I ever have with other agencies. Thank you. I just like to continue to be informed on how my account is going.

Century Support Services response

Beverly, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Our representatives strive daily to deliver an excellent customer experience to each and every client on the program. We appreciate you taking the time to register in your MyCentury client portal. The portal provides you with access to the specific details of your account, including recent activity updates, pending settlement offers, and many other resources. Thank you again for your feedback and the Century team will continue to work with you to successfully complete your program as efficiently as possible.

Century Support Services, LLC expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Century Support Services is a debt settlement company that was founded in 2012 with headquarters in Pennsylvania. Century Support Services helps consumers reduce their debt by negotiating with companies to forgive a significant amount of unsecured debt.

• AFCC Accredited: Century Support is an accredited member of the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC), an agency dedicated to advocating for consumer-centric legislation related to debt relief.

• No upfront fee: Consumers who use Century Support will not have to pay any upfront fees. They will only pay fees on individual accounts as they are settled.

• Newsletter: Century Support clients receive a free monthly newsletter that includes informational articles and tips for managing money.

• Client surveys: Century Support frequently surveys their clients and uses the survey results to improve their services. Interested consumers can read client testimonials on the company’s website.

• Clear communication: Clients can log in to their MyCentury account to access important paperwork, authorize settlement terms, view their overall enrolled debt status and contact company representatives.

• Best for: people with unsecured debt who want to quickly reduce the amount they owe.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg