2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement

4.7/5 (150 ratings)

About Century Support Services

The team at Century follows a basic mission. It is to help our clients take control of their debt so they can live their best lives. Meeting and exceeding our client’s needs is at the center of what we do every day.

Pros

• Accredited with AFCC and IAPDA
  • Dedicated rep for each case
  • Free initial consultation

Cons

• Only offers debt settlement services

Bottom Line

Century Support Services can help settle debts for people with $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although the company only offers debt settlement as an option, the program can reduce debts significantly.

Top Century Support Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Support Services, LLC?

Verified

The reps are friendly and helpful. They call the credit card companies and set up a deal. I just pay part of the amount that I owe and that has helped. I’m still working through t...

Verified

Answered all my questions. Very friendly and cared about what questions I had. Knowledge in what I was asking. Did not hurry me. Did not make me feel stupid and really cared about...

About Century Support Services

Century Support Services is a debt relief company that offers debt settlement services. The company negotiates with creditors to attempt to reach a settlement on the customer’s debts, which lowers the amount they owe. Century Support has settled $1 billion in debt for 180,000 clients. One Century Support representative is assigned to work with each consumer during the entire debt settlement process.

Century Support Services is available in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin.

How does Century Support Services work?

Century Support Services uses debt settlement programs to help customers. The company’s debt settlement program typically lasts between 24 and 48 months. During this time, Century Support negotiates the debt owed, typically down to about 50% of the original amount, and consumers pay off the resulting debt once it has been reduced to a single lump sum.

Customers can subscribe to receive alerts through Century Support Services for any important news or program activity. The company also lets customers set up deposit schedules, securely upload relevant documents and view enrolled accounts.

Century Support Services cost

The typical charge for Century Support Services is 18% to 25% of the original debt owed. With fees, consumers might end up paying somewhere between 68% and 75% of the original debt. With debt settlement services, you pay into just one account with Century Support Services, which makes monthly payments much easier.

Do we recommend Century Support Services?

We recommend Century Support Services if you have already tried a debt management program or debt consolidation method that hasn’t worked. Century Support Services’ debt settlement program can help you settle debts with your creditors, resulting in a lower cost for you.

Century Support Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Support Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Support Services, LLC?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

In 2016, I went online to try to help my mom with her debt. I was pleased with how that started off with Century Support. When my husband and I needed help, I reached out to Century again. I'm really pleased so far. The process is slow but I didn’t get this debt overnight, too. I like the idea of not having to worry about remembering.

I like that I'm saying I would do something then following through with it. That’s how Century is helping me. I don't want to file for bankruptcy and not pay because I did make the debt. With Century, I have someone representing me and my best interest. I have confidence in that. Plus, they helped me feel like I can do something about my debt rather than just leave it and forget about it. Century has renewed my faith. I made a mistake and I don't feel like I'm being punished. I'm taking care of it, even though Century is doing all the work.

I've been in the program since June this year. If I need customer service, I can call them. If I can't chat with a rep online or if customer service can't answer my questions, they find an answer and they get back to me. They send emails. I'm not really an email person but I have them marked as urgent so I’m interested in what they're sending. They share ways to help me from getting into this situation again through better buying choices and being a better consumer. The only thing is I have not been able to talk to one person consistently. It changes a little bit too much for my taste. I don't really find this part amusing or pleasing. I would like to have one person to call. I got to where I don't mind just doing the email or chat because it doesn't matter who I talk to.

I recommended Century Support to some friends that were in similar situations. In this day and age, it's hard to find someone you trust because there are so many scams going on. But I like how Century showed me in detail exactly what they're doing and I can go check in on my account anytime online. I can even check there to see what payment was made and what my balance is. I tell them it’s convenient and to not have to worry or feel bad. I got myself in this situation and COVID didn't help at all. Century makes me feel at ease. So far, they're trustworthy and I hope I’m never proven wrong.

Century Support Services response

Wow!!! We were blown away by your positive words, Rebecca. We really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review. We value the partnership we have established with you. Our representatives have a passion for building relationships with our clients and we strive to deliver the highest level of customer experience excellence possible for you. Congratulations on your progress in your program and thank you for choosing Century!

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

So far, so good. At first I was really iffy. It's something that I had put aside for a few months. Once the covid situation got worse, I felt myself getting deeper and deeper into debt. But it was very helpful that they scheduled an appointment. There's a first-time call that breaks down how you can use the portal. Everything is updated on the portal and I don't have to confront those credit card companies anymore. It's kind of like Century is defending me at this point. All of those little aspects are making me feel at ease.

I was able to settle one of my debts for this month so that’s something I'm happy about. One of my credit cards has an extremely high amount of debt and I didn't think that the smaller one would be resolved in such a quick timeframe. It was done on the first three months of being within the program. The other one has much more debt and probably won’t take three months but I'm happy at least one is out the way. All the money that I put into the account could begin paying off the second.

The reps were very thorough. Any questions I asked, they answered right away. I liked the fact of having emails on a monthly basis. They give tips on how you can save or ways on being able to put a little more towards the balance, and that way reduce the timeframe to pay it off. They worked with me on the payment plan according to my budget now. It's a very tough time with covid and not working as many hours. It gives you options on whether you need to make a less amount of payment over a longer period of time or a little bit higher payment over a shorter period of time. I like that they give the flexibility. You can start paying $200 or $300 a month. When you feel you have a little bit extra, you don't get penalized in being able to pay more towards it.

Even before settling the debt, they advised me I would have to pay a few more dollars but it would be done in three lump sums. By March, it would already be completed for that first credit card debt. It’s not like they just throw you out there to figure it out on yourself. It's kind of like a step-by-step guidance and I like that process. It's something I've never had to do before and I never saw myself doing but with everything going on, I figured that was the only way out and the best option at that time. I know it was going to affect credit at the beginning. My credit score is severely going to drop. The way the accounts look, some would be listed as delinquent. But for that one that's already going to be closing in March, that already shows how it's going to be pretty much back in good standing. That's something definitely positive to look forward to.

Century Support Services response

Jisela, Thank you for your positive review and rating! It’s wonderful to hear that our efforts have had such a positive impact on your life. We appreciate your taking the time to register in your MyCentury portal. The portal provides you access to the specific details of your account including, recent activity updates, pending settlements, and many other resources. The Century team will continue to work with you to successfully complete your program as efficiently as possible.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

There was a phone number on television to resolve debt and I called the number. It wasn't a Century phone number but it didn't specifically say what company. So, it must be a main line that connects you to the nearest debt office or the nearest office to your location. The guy came on and we started talking, and then he took my credit information, my date of birth and my social. He said I didn’t qualify for a loan because of my credit rating. But he said that they do have a program where so much money is deducted per month on my debit card bill. They could have this resolved for me within three years. So, I went for that. The guy was nice and very thoughtful. He explained himself very clearly on how the system works. He said that it was based upon how much I owe. That's how much they deduct on a monthly basis. They try to work with the client.

My life went upside down back in 2006 when I lost my job due to drugs and alcohol and I tried several rehabs. A psychiatrist helped me out and put my head back together. So, I did the bankruptcy in 2012. I was offered a credit card because my credit rating started improving after the bankruptcy. My bills were paid on time all the time and so, I signed on a credit card. Barclays started me with $1,400 and one thing led to another. The guy told me that if I keep paying off the credit card, I’m never going to finish paying it because whatever the balance is, the interest rate is going to affect that on every payment I make.

The guy started to explain to me how the program with Century Support Services works. He needed to know how this happened to me and then, he explained to me thoroughly. He explained to me that when I have a $14,000 balance and if I don't pay it off, every time I make a payment, 29% of that payment is going to them and the rest of it is going towards the payment. Doing it that way will take me 30 years to pay that off. I heard him punching numbers and he said to me that the way they work, whatever balance I owe, they’ll deduct a certain amount per month. And once they get a good amount of payment into the card company, then they’ll call them and start negotiating a balance. So, he did all that. The guy told me that three years is better than 30.

Barclays was the one that was killing me off the balance and the one with TD Bank got resolved faster because the balance was only $3,000. I got a tax paper from Barclay saying the amount of interest I paid and for my tax reports. It says the balance is paid off. But I still got March and April, which is the fee that Century charges. The program is excellent. TurboTax has been sending me emails every three months telling me that my credit score has changed. So, Century Support helps your credit score go up. My bills are paid on time.

The guy told me not to sign up for any credit cards while I’m in this program. Because if I sign up for one, they're gonna complain why I’m paying off that credit card and not them. He said that I should keep everything with my debit card and my personal cash until this gets resolved. He coached me good. He said that if I sign up for a credit card and I want to buy something with it worth $200, I should save the cash and buy it with the credit card. When I get the bill, I should take the $200 and pay the balance off immediately. He said my credit balance will go up a lot faster.

I was never able to log on to the portal of Century Support Services but I asked myself what I was gonna log on for. If I wanted to know anything, I could call them and they could tell me. It’s just that the two browsers, Google and Microsoft, weren’t letting me in. I had my password down pat and I even changed it and my username. I was on Wi-Fi internet too, which would be better than outside. In the beginning, Century wanted me to call to talk about how the program works for two hours. I told them that I would call them whatever day it is. I was a dispatcher at a taxi office so it was 12-hour shifts and I never did the orientation phone call. Still, everything went well and I’m satisfied with everything.

Century Support Services response

Raphael, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Our representatives strive daily to deliver an excellent customer experience to each and every client on the program. We appreciate your taking the time to register in your MyCentury portal. The portal provides you access to the specific details of your account including, recent activity updates, pending settlements, and many other resources. The portal is available to you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience. The Century team will continue to work with you to successfully complete your program as efficiently as possible.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I had some outstanding debt that I wanted to get out of and get under control and Century Support Services put together a program for me. Their representative was pretty thorough. He knew the issue that I had and how to help resolve it. He helped me to negotiate. That was his forte and he did his job well. When they started to settle a bit, there was one last card I had. It was one of the largest debts that I had also. They negotiated the fee down to $1,600 with these creditors and the fee for the services was $900. I paid the initial 16 so I could get at least those out of the way, but Century actually took the $900 fees of their money out of the actual 16. It was no big deal, but I always thought that they should take care of the debt first before they took care of the profits. But that was the only issue I had with them.

I’m done with the program and all my debt is now officially gone. The last payment is $400. That's coming up sometime in the next seven days and from that point on, it’s all done. The program worked because the debt is now all paid off. I also saved thousands of dollars on what I owed and what I paid, so it worked out pretty good. I was trying to build the scores back up and to continue on. Century allowed me to get back to what I was doing beforehand. It’s a beautiful thing to be debt-free.

Century Support Services response

John, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Our team makes every effort to foster good communication during your Century program. The settlement fees are outlined in each debt resolution agreement and we take special care to address any questions or concerns that our clients may have about them. Typically the balances on the enrolled debt will continue to increase during the negotiation process, which is why we ensure our settlement fees are fixed and will not increase with the balances of the enrolled debt. Century does not earn any settlement fees until we have negotiated a debt, it has been authorized by you, and the first payment is sent to the creditor. We encourage you to contact the Century team any time you need assistance with your program and we will continue our diligent efforts to bring your program to a successful completion.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I contacted Century Support Services because I was with no job because of the pandemic, and I have five accounts that were overdue. The process was easy. They made an arrangement by the phone and, in five minutes, a representative assisted me. He asked me if he could take a look at my credit report. He said they can take care of the five accounts that I was having issue with the payments and he then set me up. He sent me an email with all of the information, and they have been working with me pretty hard for the last three or four months. They are paying all of the accounts and I'm paying low interest. I just need to make my payments on time for two years or the deal is going to drop.

Every time Century makes a new settlement with one of my creditors, they send me an email. There was one credit card that was $900 before the overdue fees, and Century made an arrangement that I only paid the capital. So it was really good. The customer support is nice. However, sometimes when they leave a voicemail and I had to call back, it's difficult to get the right person that I need to talk with. It's like they don't document their account so they can give the correct information when I call back. But after that, there is nothing I can complain with.

I would recommend Century to anybody. I was talking with my sister who's also having some issues. She's waiting to be employed again so she can start with a debt settlement program. Something that I have in my mind though is how my score is going to go up again at the end of the two years deal. My credit score went down more than 140 points, which I was not told was going to drop so much.

Century Support Services response

Edwin, Thank you for your positive review and rating! Our representatives strive daily to deliver an excellent customer experience to each and every client on the program. When you enrolled in your debt settlement program, a plan was created for you to meet your specific goals over an estimated time. Every month you deposit/draft a preset amount into your third party account. While your funds are building in this account, Century Negotiators are reviewing your file for the strategic times to contact each of your creditors to negotiate the best settlement opportunities for you. You are making excellent progress on your program, and at any time, you can log into the MyCentury portal to see your account balance and watch your funds accumulate. Through our portal and our experienced representatives, we will continue our efforts to achieving your goal of financial freedom

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I can only speak of my experience with Century Support Services (CSS), not other debt settlement companies BUT CSS IS TERRIBLE. I was told that in 3-8 months they would have negotiated settlements with all 5 of my creditors, which I would then pay off (I took IRA money to do this). They settled 3 out of 5 (60%) D GRADE in 8 months even though I escalated it to the CEO Dan Frazier (after having been hung up by a CSS employee). His direct involvement led to it going from 1 settlement only to 3, at which point I ENDED the program, deciding to pay off both remaining creditors. I did know it would very badly affect my credit, but I DID NOT FULLY RECOGNIZE I wouldn't save much $$ (CSS takes 25% of the Total, whatever % they negotiate) - since they did such a LOUSY JOB SO LATE, I think this is Highway Robbery. Also the long duration and complete hassle of dealing with CSS and its employees was beyond compare. Lousy company, doesn't save much $$, horrible to work with - DON'T DO IT.

Century Support Services response

Ms. Sarah enrolled in a Century Support Services debt settlement program on 11/05/2020. According to the Debt Resolution Agreement, executed on 11/05/2020, she enrolled 4 debts having aggregate balances, as of the date of enrollment, totaling $59,279.00. Based on her financial ability, a monthly program deposit of $959.39 per month was established and a program length of 48 months was estimated. Throughout the enrollment process & her program journey, we never shared with Ms. Sarah that all her accounts would be settled within 3 - 9 months. Our team got to work quickly and settled her largest account for 30% of the current balance of the account, within 4 months of her depositing into her program. This is what our team is great at and has successfully accomplished for many of our clients in the program. We are able to settle quickly and with really great settlement offers.

Ms. Sarah removed one of her accounts off the program because she wanted to continue to use that account. When that occurred, it prevented us from working on that account. She did later add the account back to the program, but then ultimately told us she was considering using it again to purchase $28K of lumber, for a project she was working on. Another of Ms. Sarah accounts had specific requirements outlined from the creditor. The creditor provided a specific form for which Ms Sarah could provide a signed statement indicating her financial hardship. This hardship document would be Ms. Sarah restating the financial hardship that she shared with Century, when she enrolled into our program. Ms. Sarah unfortunately would not provide this agreement and eventually told us she would handle this account on her own. The remaining two accounts we were able to settle for 40% and 44% of the current balances of the accounts. Our team worked daily with Ms. Sarah for over 6 weeks to ensure the funds were available to settle one of these two accounts prior to the settlement offer expiring. Ms. Sarah shared that she had experienced many communication challenges with her bank and the firm that manages her 401K to successfully transfer the funds into her dedicated account with the 3rd party payment processor, Global Holdings, LLC over the 3-week timeframe that it took.

Century does not earn a settlement fee until we do the work for our clients. This is how we show our value. When we successfully negotiate a settlement on our clients behalf & they accept the settlement and a first payment is initiated to the creditor, only then have we earned the right to collect the full earned settlement fee. All fees are presented to a client, prior to enrollment. This allows for a client to know the cost of their program.

We are sorry that Ms. Sarah did not feel that this was a positive experience. Our team has been in close contact with her throughout the journey. Since June 2021, our CEO and team have, in some cases, daily communicated with Ms. Sarah working to advise and guide her on a successful outcome. With Ms. Sarah identifying that she had access to additional funds not previously shared with us, we were able to settle with these 3 creditors an avg. of 37% of the current balances within 8 months.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Century Support Services handled everything well. The customer service is like any other company. Sometimes, it's hard to get through but the majority, they were there and they were helpful. I didn't have a lot of interaction with them because, once the program got up, it ran pretty efficiently and once you got your bills loaded, it was all kind of taken care of. They informed me when they had a settlement. So, everything went well. I would recommend Century Support Services if I knew anybody that needed their service.

Century Support Services response

Thanks so much for your feedback, Carol! We’re really glad you are enjoyed your experience on our program. Our records show that you have completed your Century program, Congratulations! If you share your experience with your friends and family that may need debt help too, you could qualify for our referral program. We’d love to provide the same experience you have had with other awesome customers like you. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you our service and wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors!

Original review: June 17, 2021

Century Support is a great program. My credit’s getting better and my debt's getting paid off, so it's a good program to be in. Everything has been really almost too good. I got a little bit more money to hang on to and save. Then overall with credit card offers, I pay them up and file away. I ain’t getting in that mess again.

Century Support Services response

Thank you for your comments, Katherine! Our team loves to hear your feedback and that you are staying the course of your program. Hoping you are staying safe and healthy!

Original review: June 14, 2021

The very first person who reached out to me from Century Support was amazing. The very first interaction was the thing that put my mind at ease. There were several others that had reached out to me but I felt like the person with Century Support was warm and friendly. Everyone else that I had talked to was kind of business and clinical. When you put a personal touch on it and say, "I understand you may have worries or issues," that is worth it to me.

Everything was explained to me - how it was going to work, exactly how we would go down the road, what to expect and when. He kept in touch and helped me get everything set up. I'm a year in, almost. I asked for text messages or emails and every once in a while I do get a phone call. I would get the messages, give them my okay and the settlement would be taken care of. Everything is handled exactly as it should be and in a timely manner. Century Support has made me worry a lot less and I'm stress-free with all of the things that hit the fan all at one time.

Century Support Services response

Rhonda, we can’t thank you enough for the kind words about your experience with our team. Your review means a lot to us and it lets us know we’re on the right track! Looking forward to continuing your progress toward better financial health!

Original review: June 4, 2021

I went with Century Support Services because what they told me would work for me. They're doing what they tell me they would do. My debt’s going down, and it's working like it's supposed to as far as I know. They keep me informed with things that come up or change. I get statements from them, and if there's something I need to talk to them about, I get phone calls or email. They’re on top of everything.

Century Support Services response

Thanks for the awesome review, Gayla! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Cheers!

Century Support Services Company Information