2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement

4.7/5 (139 ratings)

About Century Support Services

The team at Century follows a basic mission. It is to help our clients take control of their debt so they can live their best lives. Meeting and exceeding our client’s needs is at the center of what we do every day.

Pros

• Accredited with AFCC and IAPDA
  • Dedicated rep for each case
  • Free initial consultation

Cons

• Only offers debt settlement services

Bottom Line

Century Support Services can help settle debts for people with $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although the company only offers debt settlement as an option, the program can reduce debts significantly.

Century Support Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Support Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Support Services, LLC?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Century Support helped me out tremendously. Going through them was great. I didn't know I was paid off. The last one was a medical doctor bill, and they weren’t gonna negotiate. I was like, “How much do I have?” And they said, “You’ve got quite a bit.” And was like, “Well, pay them off.” So, we paid them off. And then, they sent me a check for 1,500 bucks. I overpaid quite a bit, and I loved it. It was perfect timing. I really enjoyed this experience.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

The process with Century Support worked out well. Enrolling was easy, simple, and quick. I kept adding stuff every few months and I'd be like, “Hey, can I add this?” And they'd be like, “Okay, that'll extend your time.” And I'm like, “That's fine. That's okay.” Every time, they were awesome and very helpful.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

They were very helpful and friendly. I always have somebody to answer the phone for me and explain. When we decided to take the decision, they contacted us right away. I liked that the creditors stopped calling me and sending me letters every week.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Century was fantastic. The rep I dealt with knew everything that was going on from everything. It was a simple process. I sent her the information she needed and they took care of it after that. This company works so good on everything. The information, the feedback, as far as settlements and stuff like that, they were fantastic with getting back to me.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I can only speak of my experience with Century Support Services (CSS), not other debt settlement companies BUT CSS IS TERRIBLE. I was told that in 3-8 months they would have negotiated settlements with all 5 of my creditors, which I would then pay off (I took IRA money to do this). They settled 3 out of 5 (60%) D GRADE in 8 months even though I escalated it to the CEO Dan Frazier (after having been hung up by a CSS employee). His direct involvement led to it going from 1 settlement only to 3, at which point I ENDED the program, deciding to pay off both remaining creditors. I did know it would very badly affect my credit, but I DID NOT FULLY RECOGNIZE I wouldn't save much $$ (CSS takes 25% of the Total, whatever % they negotiate) - since they did such a LOUSY JOB SO LATE, I think this is Highway Robbery. Also the long duration and complete hassle of dealing with CSS and its employees was beyond compare. Lousy company, doesn't save much $$, horrible to work with - DON'T DO IT.

Century Support Services response

Ms. Sarah enrolled in a Century Support Services debt settlement program on 11/05/2020. According to the Debt Resolution Agreement, executed on 11/05/2020, she enrolled 4 debts having aggregate balances, as of the date of enrollment, totaling $59,279.00. Based on her financial ability, a monthly program deposit of $959.39 per month was established and a program length of 48 months was estimated. Throughout the enrollment process & her program journey, we never shared with Ms. Sarah that all her accounts would be settled within 3 - 9 months. Our team got to work quickly and settled her largest account for 30% of the current balance of the account, within 4 months of her depositing into her program. This is what our team is great at and has successfully accomplished for many of our clients in the program. We are able to settle quickly and with really great settlement offers.

Ms. Sarah removed one of her accounts off the program because she wanted to continue to use that account. When that occurred, it prevented us from working on that account. She did later add the account back to the program, but then ultimately told us she was considering using it again to purchase $28K of lumber, for a project she was working on. Another of Ms. Sarah accounts had specific requirements outlined from the creditor. The creditor provided a specific form for which Ms Sarah could provide a signed statement indicating her financial hardship. This hardship document would be Ms. Sarah restating the financial hardship that she shared with Century, when she enrolled into our program. Ms. Sarah unfortunately would not provide this agreement and eventually told us she would handle this account on her own. The remaining two accounts we were able to settle for 40% and 44% of the current balances of the accounts. Our team worked daily with Ms. Sarah for over 6 weeks to ensure the funds were available to settle one of these two accounts prior to the settlement offer expiring. Ms. Sarah shared that she had experienced many communication challenges with her bank and the firm that manages her 401K to successfully transfer the funds into her dedicated account with the 3rd party payment processor, Global Holdings, LLC over the 3-week timeframe that it took.

Century does not earn a settlement fee until we do the work for our clients. This is how we show our value. When we successfully negotiate a settlement on our clients behalf & they accept the settlement and a first payment is initiated to the creditor, only then have we earned the right to collect the full earned settlement fee. All fees are presented to a client, prior to enrollment. This allows for a client to know the cost of their program.

We are sorry that Ms. Sarah did not feel that this was a positive experience. Our team has been in close contact with her throughout the journey. Since June 2021, our CEO and team have, in some cases, daily communicated with Ms. Sarah working to advise and guide her on a successful outcome. With Ms. Sarah identifying that she had access to additional funds not previously shared with us, we were able to settle with these 3 creditors an avg. of 37% of the current balances within 8 months.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

In 2016, I went online to try to help my mom with her debt. I was pleased with how that started off with Century Support. When my husband and I needed help, I reached out to Century again. I'm really pleased so far. The process is slow but I didn’t get this debt overnight, too. I like the idea of not having to worry about remembering.

I like that I'm saying I would do something then following through with it. That’s how Century is helping me. I don't want to file for bankruptcy and not pay because I did make the debt. With Century, I have someone representing me and my best interest. I have confidence in that. Plus, they helped me feel like I can do something about my debt rather than just leave it and forget about it. Century has renewed my faith. I made a mistake and I don't feel like I'm being punished. I'm taking care of it, even though Century is doing all the work.

I've been in the program since June this year. If I need customer service, I can call them. If I can't chat with a rep online or if customer service can't answer my questions, they find an answer and they get back to me. They send emails. I'm not really an email person but I have them marked as urgent so I’m interested in what they're sending. They share ways to help me from getting into this situation again through better buying choices and being a better consumer. The only thing is I have not been able to talk to one person consistently. It changes a little bit too much for my taste. I don't really find this part amusing or pleasing. I would like to have one person to call. I got to where I don't mind just doing the email or chat because it doesn't matter who I talk to.

I recommended Century Support to some friends that were in similar situations. In this day and age, it's hard to find someone you trust because there are so many scams going on. But I like how Century showed me in detail exactly what they're doing and I can go check in on my account anytime online. I can even check there to see what payment was made and what my balance is. I tell them it’s convenient and to not have to worry or feel bad. I got myself in this situation and COVID didn't help at all. Century makes me feel at ease. So far, they're trustworthy and I hope I’m never proven wrong.

Century Support Services response

Wow!!! We were blown away by your positive words, Rebecca. We really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review. We value the partnership we have established with you. Our representatives have a passion for building relationships with our clients and we strive to deliver the highest level of customer experience excellence possible for you. Congratulations on your progress in your program and thank you for choosing Century!

Original review: June 29, 2021

Century Support Services handled everything well. The customer service is like any other company. Sometimes, it's hard to get through but the majority, they were there and they were helpful. I didn't have a lot of interaction with them because, once the program got up, it ran pretty efficiently and once you got your bills loaded, it was all kind of taken care of. They informed me when they had a settlement. So, everything went well. I would recommend Century Support Services if I knew anybody that needed their service.

Century Support Services response

Thanks so much for your feedback, Carol! We’re really glad you are enjoyed your experience on our program. Our records show that you have completed your Century program, Congratulations! If you share your experience with your friends and family that may need debt help too, you could qualify for our referral program. We’d love to provide the same experience you have had with other awesome customers like you. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you our service and wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors!

Original review: June 17, 2021

Century Support is a great program. My credit’s getting better and my debt's getting paid off, so it's a good program to be in. Everything has been really almost too good. I got a little bit more money to hang on to and save. Then overall with credit card offers, I pay them up and file away. I ain’t getting in that mess again.

Century Support Services response

Thank you for your comments, Katherine! Our team loves to hear your feedback and that you are staying the course of your program. Hoping you are staying safe and healthy!

Original review: June 14, 2021

The very first person who reached out to me from Century Support was amazing. The very first interaction was the thing that put my mind at ease. There were several others that had reached out to me but I felt like the person with Century Support was warm and friendly. Everyone else that I had talked to was kind of business and clinical. When you put a personal touch on it and say, "I understand you may have worries or issues," that is worth it to me.

Everything was explained to me - how it was going to work, exactly how we would go down the road, what to expect and when. He kept in touch and helped me get everything set up. I'm a year in, almost. I asked for text messages or emails and every once in a while I do get a phone call. I would get the messages, give them my okay and the settlement would be taken care of. Everything is handled exactly as it should be and in a timely manner. Century Support has made me worry a lot less and I'm stress-free with all of the things that hit the fan all at one time.

Century Support Services response

Rhonda, we can’t thank you enough for the kind words about your experience with our team. Your review means a lot to us and it lets us know we’re on the right track! Looking forward to continuing your progress toward better financial health!

Original review: June 4, 2021

I went with Century Support Services because what they told me would work for me. They're doing what they tell me they would do. My debt’s going down, and it's working like it's supposed to as far as I know. They keep me informed with things that come up or change. I get statements from them, and if there's something I need to talk to them about, I get phone calls or email. They’re on top of everything.

Century Support Services response

Thanks for the awesome review, Gayla! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Cheers!

Century Support Services Company Information