4.7/5 (329 ratings)

About Caliber Home Loans

Caliber Home Loans offers conventional mortgages, government home loans and refinancing options. The company’s services are available nationwide, and it prioritizes financial education by providing free resources on homebuying and lending on its website. Caliber Home Loans has a minimum credit score requirement of 620 for all applicants.

Pros

• Nationwide loan consultants
  • Provides educational resources
  • Offers FHA, USDA and VA home loans

Cons

• Loan rates not available online
  • Minimum credit score of 620

Bottom Line

Caliber Home Loans is a good choice for homebuyers with a credit score above 620. Its wealth of loan and refinancing options are ideal for buyers interested in putting down less upfront or lowering their monthly payment.

Caliber Home Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Ed ** was great. Professional., personable and efficient. Ed was on top of the entire process and everything was easy and understandable. We would recommend him without reservation. We were pleased with the outcome. Thank you for working with us so smoothly.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Over the 32 years my wife and I have lived in our home, we have refinanced at least six (6) times. Our experience with Linda and Bob ** and their very able assistant Andrew ** has been far and away the best.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Trying to access info to set up direct payments. But it will not allow my new passcode. It keep kicking me out because we used a different code during the loan process and we want to change to a different code. Please tell me how to reset my codes.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

The staff at Caliber gave me a list of documents within the first few days and never deviated from that list. They made the process easy and comfortable. I didn’t research but just went to the place that I had been before, where I was treated well and with respect. I did find out at closing that I had received a great rate too!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Very good team. Fast and efficient. I would use them any time. Thanks for all your help. I purchased a house and the team helped me thrust thru, provide guidance, great service, best follow up, I highly recommend this lender.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I am grateful for the team that helped us with our home loan process. Everyone was kind, helpful and professional. It was a great experience. My wife and I have nothing but thanks and praise! Thank you so much for helping to realize our dream.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Took the extra time. Follow up. Was available when needed. Kept us informed. Applied to two lenders, the other lender sent a generic email apologizing for being so far behind. If you want someone to count on, Call Heath **. I will refer him with pride. How team was very helpful and informed.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Truly was a very smooth process. Although in the day before settlement a certificate was not ready which meant my closing date was delayed until the next day. Chris and Derrick were excellent in keeping me informed and ensuring I was OK during the process. I appreciate the great customer service.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

If I can give 0 stars I would. My family went through terrible flooding & had to be taken out of home on a boat. The amount of stress we had to deal with was the most I have encountered in my life. From throwing out irreplaceable items to being on the phone with different insurance companies, contractors it has been a tough time. The last thing I needed was for my mortgage company to add to that. I have had to jump through hoops in order to receive all the money that I received from my flood insurance company so I can pay my contractor. It has honestly been a terrible experience & I plan to refinance both of my mortgage loans to just not be a customer of Caliber. This flood insurance procedure needs to change in the future as you are supposed to try to help your loyal customers & not add needed mental & financial strains to their lives!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Mark and his team went above and beyond, navigating offers in multiple counties on a short timeline. With Mark, his team, and Caliber Loans on our side, we are now happily lounging with our cats and puppy in our dream home. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

It was a great experience mainly due to the expertise and friendly manner of Ashlynn **! She was there every step of the way providing support and much needed knowledge! I would not be sitting here enjoying my new home if I hadn’t had Ashlynn’s assistance!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Rhonda, Christine and Barb were so helpful in every step of the way. Being a first time home buyer, they didn't hesitate to clarify my questions. I am so glad that I am enrolled with Caliber and very happy that we landed on our beautiful home.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I would suggest Caliber Richard ** for a home loan. He really fought for us to get our home. We had many hurdles to get over, and he helped navigate us over all of them. He maintained a professional attitude all the time.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

The closing on my investment home was so smooth and rapid, thank you. I would recommend you guys and use your services again. The processor was really good and knowledgeable, she was very easy to work with. I was updated through the whole process and kept inform.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Cyndi ** is a legend. I was lucky enough to have an amazing real estate agent introduce me to her in a pinch. Coming from the legal and pharma world, I have a very high expectation of service. Cyndi exceeded those expectations at every mile marker.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Our experience was excellent. We had a fairly quick turn around with our first home. We would highly recommend them to our friends looking for their home. Debbie, and Robby were very patient and understanding with us and helped walk us through buying our first home.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Brett has now helped us with 5 loans and refi's. Both for our home and investment properties. He is completely trustworthy and exceedingly competent. He solves the problems that inevitably come up quickly. I have used other brokers before Brett but cannot imagine using another broker again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

It was a thorough process but both gentlemen there worked tirelessly on my loan. It is an overwhelming process and they both made it easy. Everyone at Caliber Loans is an absolute professional. I would recommend them for any homebuyer. Justin **

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Great job with super care. Thank you so much for your service. We will recommend to other people for your standard service with confidence. I will keep my mind that in future we always contact you for great service. Me and wife will always like and thankful for services. Take care.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

We received stupendous service during our refinance, with the help of our agent Matthew ** who was very knowledgeable in directing us through the entire process. Caliber Home Loans have been our provider for the past four years and always treated us with respect and dignity.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Caliber financed my own private home. I had own two houses prior and Caliber was not it. Well someone always answers the phone and helps me. I need it as a single woman and disabled. What a kind group of people to have a well oiled machine and same day answers. Thank you Caliber .. Kristin, Mark, and Ryan.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I had an phenomenal experience with Doug and his team. The process was very smooth and everyone worked really hard to complete the refinance for me. I’m truly grateful and am looking forward to working with them again. So grateful for Caliber Homes and their professionalism.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

The very best home purchase I have experienced in my lifetime and I owe it to Scott ** and His incredible team. Professional, courteous, thoughtful, extremely attentive. My sincere thanks. And appreciation. I speak with confidence about this company as I have purchased over 25 homes in my lifetime. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I worked with loan officer Ben ** on my loan and he was a pleasure to work with. He answered every question I had in a quick and efficient manner. The loan process was very smooth working with Caliber, I would definitely work with them again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

My wife and I worked with Dharmesh and he made the process exceptionally smooth. He is extremely detail oriented, communicative, and was a pleasure to work with. I would recommend anybody in the home buying process to work with him.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

We received excellent customer service. Everyone we worked with was was patient and helpful. They kept in contact with us through every step. On the rare occasions when someone wasn't able to take our call, they returned our calls very promptly. The entire refinance process went smoothly and efficiently. This is our second time using Caliber and we have recommended them to others who had the same quality service.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Gus was amazing! He went way above and beyond to help us buy our new home! He walked us thru every step and even though from the very 1st application that was denied, to giving advice of what needed to be fixed to helping close in only 27 days once we were approved!! I would recommend him to everyone!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

We were so lucky to have been able to work with Adam and the team at Caliber. We have never felt more cared for from a business. They made a very stressful situation into a pleasant one and made sure to maintain in constant contact as needed. Very available, professional and treated like real people. Highly recommend. Got the best deal possible!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

My husband and I are pleased with the service that we received. Everything turned out the way we hoped it would. We would definitely refer Caliber Homes to family and friends. We appreciate your business and hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving. Thank You.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I want to say thank you to Jesus ** and his team for all the help and patience they showed me as we found our forever home! I am so grateful for their help and highly recommend their expertise! They were so happy for me and all I can say is thank you!

Caliber Home Loans Company Information