4.6/5 (285 ratings)

About Caliber Home Loans

Caliber Home Loans offers conventional mortgages, government home loans and refinancing options. The company’s services are available nationwide, and it prioritizes financial education by providing free resources on homebuying and lending on its website. Caliber Home Loans has a minimum credit score requirement of 620 for all applicants.

Pros

• Nationwide loan consultants
  • Provides educational resources
  • Offers FHA, USDA and VA home loans

Cons

• Loan rates not available online
  • Minimum credit score of 620

Bottom Line

Caliber Home Loans is a good choice for homebuyers with a credit score above 620. Its wealth of loan and refinancing options are ideal for buyers interested in putting down less upfront or lowering their monthly payment.

Caliber Home Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Our experience was very good. Jeff ** was very responsive. However, it is nearing Nov. 1, when our first payment from the re-fi is due and as of yet we have received NO information from Caliber about how to send you the first mortgage payment.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Jody ** was outstanding. Our agent said he was the most informative mortgage banker he has ever dealt with. Jody always quickly responded when we had questions. Caliber's web connection to our bank account was a disaster but we got through it.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Lucy ** was so patient with me and walked with me through the entire process. I would always refer to Caliber for such a situation as I had or if there was ever anyone who simply needed to help because Lucy and Caliber was best at being patient, being kind, replying immediately and following up!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Having wasted Two years and Thousands of dollars trying to buy a house, Martine ** from Caliber was referred to me by my Realtor Siomara **. The precision with which she works reassured me, I was in great hands. The service was outstanding. Their team had me in my own home within 30 days. I pay less now for mortgage than I did while paying rent and they were able to get me a really great interest rate. I recommend Caliber and especially Martine ** to every homebuyer, first time or not. Her experience and expertise shows that she knows exactly what she’s doing. With Caliber there is less red tape and it’s easy to follow the progress of my loan on the App. The communication is quick and easy, calls returned ASAP. I felt the Caliber team had my best interest at heart.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

We HIGHLY recommend Kevin. He was highly responsive, respectful, and always super helpful. He treated us as family, really encouraging us throughout the process. He even encouraged us through difficulty with a challenging insurance agent. We cannot recommend him enough!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

In a Somewhat intimidating situation, Derek made this as easy as possible. I cannot thank him enough for helping me get everything in line for my family. The personal touch and the fact that you could tell he cared was extremely comforting.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

We are very happy with the services Natalie have extended to us. She went above and beyond just to get us the best mortgage terms even making sure that terms would be extended to whoever will buy our house should we opt to sell. We highly recommend her to anyone who need mortgage.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

We refinanced our residence. That went well, so we brought a 2nd home in another state. While there were many "sell side" issues requiring months to resolve, Caliber hung with us. We were so pleased, we refinanced an income property in a 3rd state. So Caliber is the recommendation I'll be making.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I highly recommend Sharon ** of Caliber Home Loans in Klamath Falls, Oregon. In my experience, Sharon goes above and beyond to make sure all the components of a home loan are in order. She was readily available when I had questions and provided the needed support throughout the entire transaction.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

Alex and Kelli were great to work with, always kept us up to date on the status and very responsive whenever had any questions. Loan portal was easy to use and communication by phone and email was appreciated. Overall great experience getting us into our new home. Thank you! Highly recommend.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

My experience with Caliber Home Loans was amazing! Especially my broker, Frank **! He made the experience so easy, and literally worked magic to get us this loan! I would 100% recommend using Caliber to everyone I know looking for a home, specifically for Frank **!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

Very professional, organized and well managed process by all of those involved in this transaction. Mr. ** was exceptional in his knowledge and customer service as the lead contact for Caliber Homes. All documents were delivered on time, accurately completed and executed on time and correctly the first time.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I enjoyed working with Jill ** and her team. I felt like they were really on top of things. I got updates and could always get a hold of someone if I had a question or concern. The whole process went smoothly and I would confidently recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I would be happy to refer Caliber mortgage to anyone who is in the market to buy a home for the first time or out of a need for health reasons. They keep you informed and equipped with information you will need to close without costing you an arm and leg for their services.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Caliber Home Loans was referred to us by our Realtor as a locally run company that knew the area we were looking to buy our home and the home financing requirements well. They also had a great relationship with our realtor as well. We figured these elements would work in our favor towards getting the best home at a good price and at a low interest rate. We also had not purchased a home in 40 years and had no recent experience in the home financing game. Caliber Home Loans met and exceeded all our expectations. They did a stellar job making the home financing of our new home easy for us. Great company!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Of course, every loan has work involved. However, Hazel made the process as painless as possible. She was knowledgeable about the options available and helped us every step of the way. We are so grateful to find such an honest and efficient lender and highly recommend Caliber Home Loans!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I was very impressed with the ease of the refi. Team ** took extra care to communicate. I had consistent updates, so we were always in the know. More impressively, Team ** pro-actively took extra time to find the best possible refi for our home. They absolutely exceeded our expectations. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Cole ** is THE man to see about a mortgage. He stops at nothing to get you to the closing table. As a first time buyer in this insane sellers’ market, I depended on patient, knowledgeable people to guide me through the experience. Cole went above and beyond to educate me and be available for all of my questions. He is prompt and courteous in all of his communications and can be trusted to follow through correctly for an effortless transaction in the end.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

They went above and beyond and were amazing to work with! They worked so hard to help us with our loan, we will most definitely be recommending them anytime someone we know is in the process of buying a home!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Thank you very much for all your valuable help, I am happy with my new house and I totally recommend them for their efficiency and quick to solve problems and fight the best deal for me. Thanks to my salesman Raymond and Juanita for clarifying all my questions with great patience and clarity.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Rosie **, with Caliber is the best. Closing was a simple and flawless process. She communicated with me being in SC and at closing it was a seem less process. Thank you Caliber for having such great people to work with. I will definitely refer Caliber, and Rosie to anyone looking to buy a house.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Jack and his team went above and beyond to make this a great process. They were very quick to respond with calls or emails, and kept us informed on the timeline of everything/set expectations in advance on what was needed so that there wasn’t a rush needing documents that day which is what I had experienced in the past with other lenders. I will use Jack for any purchase for myself in the future, but will also recommended him to friends and family. My loan closed a month ago and I have given his information to three people so far.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Despite a very protracted closing process, Chris and team were always super responsive and helpful. They reworked our loan multiple times over many months and couldn't have been easier to work with. Highly recommend using Caliber and team — they're great.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Tom ** and his staff at Caliber Home Loans are true professionals. Their response time to questions and issues is awesome. They make one feel like a VIP! I financed my home and refinanced through Tom, and had a terrific experience both times. The original mortgage needed particular creativity when the buyer fell through on the home I was selling. Can’t say enough good things about Caliber Home loans!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

The people there are great and easy to deal with. They're fast, courteous and accurate with everything. I'd recommend them to anybody. Thank you Caliber for making our dream come true. We value all that's is been done. Thanks again twice over and over again.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I had a really pleasant experience with Caliber. They handled my file with tremendous speed, care and professionalism. I’d put Caliber in a category of exceptional. My loan officer was patient. When ever I did not explain something he’d take the time to go over it again. The women who closed my file was exceptionally professional as well and I would want to work with her again.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Our experience with Whitney ** and her team couldn’t have been better. She was so helpful during the whole process and worked some serious magic in getting us to close on time. Will be recommending her and her team to anyone in need of home financing!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Tim and Joanna were superb are communicating everything about our loan and even went to great lengths to make sure our process went smooth and affordable. They were even encouraging us to go with other lenders if we find a better deal. Highly recommend!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Jennifer ** and her team were excellent to work with. We were even able to close early because of her efficiency. We are small business owners with different types of income and they were able to weed through all the numbers and get our loan done with plenty of time to spare on closing. Thank you very much!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

When we started looking for a new home, I contacted 3 Mortgage Companies looking for financing. Dave ** at Caliber Home Loans not only had the lowest rate of the 3, but he and Amber ** went above and beyond in getting our mortgage approved and closed. Buying a new home is a stressful process, but Dave and Amber took most of the stress out of the ordeal, and love our new home, and we love Dave and Amber at Caliber Home Loans, Inc.

Chris and Loretta **