4.7/5 (329 ratings)

About Caliber Home Loans

Caliber Home Loans offers conventional mortgages, government home loans and refinancing options. The company’s services are available nationwide, and it prioritizes financial education by providing free resources on homebuying and lending on its website. Caliber Home Loans has a minimum credit score requirement of 620 for all applicants.

Pros

• Nationwide loan consultants
  • Provides educational resources
  • Offers FHA, USDA and VA home loans

Cons

• Loan rates not available online
  • Minimum credit score of 620

Bottom Line

Caliber Home Loans is a good choice for homebuyers with a credit score above 620. Its wealth of loan and refinancing options are ideal for buyers interested in putting down less upfront or lowering their monthly payment.

Caliber Home Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Hope and her team are amazing. Trust and recognize her hard work. This is my 2nd mtg with Hope. She is superb. She is all about making her clients happy as well follow up is the best. All good to say.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Peter and his team were so available and kept us up on every detail. We went through him when we bought our house and went to him again to refinance. If you live in King County and are looking to buy a home I don't see how you could do much better.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Caliber home loans recently got me a loan with an great interest rate to get us into the house we wanted. Jonathan ** was who I worked with and he couldn't have been more amazing. He was on it from the beginning. He was quick in processing the pre-approval information and once we went under contract he was on top of it every step of the way. He was extremely knowledgeable in his work and personable as well. In the future, I will definitely go back to Caliber and Jonathan in particular if I'm in the market to buy again. Outstanding service.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Hello, I could not be happier with the assistance I received from Marty ** and the whole Caliber team! Everyone was very easy to work with! I will recommend them every time! From the beginning to end, they were always there to help me!

Paul

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

We had a great experience using Andy at Caliber to refinance our home this fall! The entire team was incredibly fast to answer our questions and turnaround everything for closing in under a month! The whole team was wonderful to work with!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Tessie was great at explaining all the options I had, & understanding every step with the documentation/requirements I needed. The information she shares made me feel confident in my choice. From start to closing, it was an efficient and smooth process.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

Mike was communicative and helpful during the process of buying our first home. His responses to our queries were timely and efficient and put us at ease as we experienced many "firsts" that we did not know how to navigate.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

We came in with a very tight turn-around time and a pretty non-standard situation financially (poor credit due to living over-seas, but fairly well-resourced). The team at Caliber that we worked with were really fantastic and put in a huge amount of time to quickly move things along for us. Extremely grateful, I really doubt it could have been done without the amount of work they put in.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Purchased a new home using Caliber in 2017 at a 4.5% interest rate putting 30% down payment. Tried to refinance in 2021 at a lower interest rate and to take some cash out. Was never late and have never been late on any bill payment in over 35 years. Received many refinance sales letters from Caliber but when the refinance process began being offered a much lower refinance value requested I was ignored as an existing customer. Went through the process, however, paid the appraisal fee which came back much lower than Market Value (refinance amount was still 80% of the lower appraised value).

Refinance denied due to the appraisal and false belief that I couldn't pay the closing costs even after submitting comps and being told that they would review the appraisal. Fast forward, paid another $500 for another appraisal this one getting the current market price 100,000 higher and had no problem with a refinance with another company who treated me like a valued customer unlike Caliber who ignored my history. Received a rejection letter and no phone call even after sending email after email requesting communication. Great on initial finance, very poor current customer treatment.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I don’t know where to start! Me and my hubby who are both vets moved down here during a pandemic with two kids and a dog, and things were stressful. So we decided to buy a home and I went through CalVet, Navy Federal, everyone and then googling veteran resources. I find Hooray Heroes and call them and they were so nice! So they put me in touch with Phana and her team and it was just wonderful. I thank God for these people, I have terrible anxiety and would call every time I think I hit a bump in the road and they would immediately calm me down lol. They got back to me quickly and were able to answer all my questions, were supportive and knew what they were talking about. They feel like close family friends now lol.

It’s nice when someone actually takes the time to explain things to you, and I never felt like I was bugging them but I know I was lol. They were professional, courteous, friendly, and subject matter experts and I could not have asked for better people. Seriously I had the option of not writing a review but I think people need to know about them. So thank you Colleen, Phana, Peter and crew lol. I have my dream house, in a great city and have a great rate!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Michelle and her Reno Team are fantastic. They will get you the best results on your loan - and process it faster than anyone else. I completely recommend them without any hesitation. I have worked with Michelle for over 20 years. She is the BEST!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

Grace and her team are wonderful! Communication was timely and understandable. When we did encounter an issue, Grace and her team were right on the matter. We thought the process was going to be a ‘headache’ but Grace and the Caliber team made the process painless. We highly recommend!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Over the years I have done over 20 home loans for rental properties and this was by far the WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. I don't know if it was Calilber's fault, or Luther **' fault, but what I do know is that the Caliber team were useless advocates, requested the same documents over and over and over, and pissed me off repeatedly. When I escalated these problems to management, they were also useless. This torture went on for 5 months! Luckily I did my next loan which just closed, in 45 days! Yes, the fees and rates did match what they promised.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

The entire process with Caliber Loans and Ralph ** was fast, easy, accurate and professional. I have done refinancing before and this was by far the best experience ever. Nirvana Title was also very timely and professional. Ralph locked me in at a very competitive rate, nearly all of the paperwork was done on line which made things move along rapidly. Nirvana and Caliber have a great portal for me to see exactly where we were in the process.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Tyler was incredibly helpful, honest, and professional throughout the whole home buying process. He worked hard for us to get our first home and allowed us to speak to him and his workers every step of the way. As first time home buyers we had a lot of questions, and his patience and knowledge never made us feel like we had to make a rushed decision. He helped us through many unforeseen hurdles and made sure we closed on time. Highly Recommend!! We would use Caliber again in a heartbeat.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Caliber Home Loans provided competitive rates and helped me to get approved given my unique situation of being a recent college grad and not having started work yet. My loan officer was responsive and helped answer all of my questions. I was happy to use them when purchasing my first home.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Patricia ** from Caliber Home Loans - Kirkland, WA was nothing but amazing. Our home buying experience lasted about 10 months as we were purchasing a newly constructed home and there were many delays. Patricia did an amazing job keeping us informed on rates and was very quick to respond to our questions. As one can imagine, during such a long process many questions came up; she was a calm voice in the storm of this buying process. We are lucky/blessed to have found Patricia and Caliber Home Loans.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Phana and her team were amazing. They explained everything to us in amazing detail, but simply enough for us to understand. We were never blindsided by anything and felt very educated on all the steps. Everything was done promptly and efficiently. I would definitely recommend her and her team to anyone I know! I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I am very pleased with the quick turnaround for the refinancing of my house. Ramon ** and his team were outstanding and thorough. The turnaround time from beginning to end was 2 weeks... And I was able to cash out and consolidate a couple of bills... In all saving me a nice amount of money every month when I most needed it. Thanks Ray!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

My experience with Caliber Home Loans had been very good. I was kept up to date with every detail done and response time was very quick. I feel very confident moving forward the right choice was made with this company.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Eric with Caliber was always very responsive, and quick to provide the daily rates and numbers of what a refinance would look like. The process was handled professionally and he answered all of my questions. The signing process was easy as a notary came to our home for convenience. I'm happy to be saving money on my mortgage.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Garrett ** at Caliber Loans provided a personalized and streamlined experience for me after I struggled to obtain funding with a national lender without a local branch. Garrett and his team consistently communicated with me at every step of the way and assured that I was informed and confident about the process. I would 100% recommend Caliber!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

As a first-time homebuyer, this whole process was overwhelming and there was much that I did not understand. The guidance I received from Caliber Home Loans and from Dan ** helped me feel confident as I signed my name so many times on all the paperwork. By the final closing, I had a great understanding of what was going on and what was required of me in order to complete this process. That is all due to the endless answering of my questions by Dan and the team at Caliber Home Loans and due to their effort to communicate timely and in great detail! I can not speak highly enough of this team. 10/10 would recommend!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Working with Jolene, Cary and the Caliber Home Loans' team was a fantastic experience. They were friendly, professional, highly knowledgeable and prompt. As a customer service fanatic, I have high expectations when it comes to service and Caliber Home Loans knocked it out of the park. I would recommend Jolene and her team for anyone looking for a mortgage in the WA area. And will definitely use them again if/when the time arises. Thanks for making my condo purchasing experience a positive one!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Jolene and her staff worked overtime to get me a loan for a house. It was a mad scramble and they kept me on track and processed things so fast it made what seemed impossible - possible! Thanks to them I have a great new home. Highly recommend and thank you.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

My loan officer Roger ** was amazing! He was extremely patient with all of my questions and concerns being a first-time buyer. He was knowledgeable, and very helpful throughout the whole process! He deserves a raise for all of his hard work!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Robin ** is a rockstar!! We have had two other home loans through Caliber but our last purchase in September 2021 was the BEST experience of ALL times! Robin ** worked tirelessly to get us where we needed to be by when we needed to be. Robin will be top on our list for a VERY LONG time!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I was buying a unit in a DC housing-coop and CHL was one of the approved lenders. Worked with Joel ** as the loan officer and it was a very smooth transaction. Was able to get the financing, good terms, and everything fast. Would recommend them. Their team had great communication through the whole process.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I would like to express my gratitude toward Caliber Home Loans and more specifically Brian **. I was informed throughout the process and felt comfortable knowing my loan was being handled with care. The experience and knowledge that Brian displayed was appreciated. Equally important was the willingness to work at any moment of the day to make sure the documents and deadlines were met. I would recommend Brian and Caliber to anyone looking to secure a home loan.

Thanks,

Dan **

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Our experience was very good. Jeff ** was very responsive. However, it is nearing Nov. 1, when our first payment from the re-fi is due and as of yet we have received NO information from Caliber about how to send you the first mortgage payment.

Caliber Home Loans Company Information