Caliber Home Loans

Caliber Home Loans

4.5/5 (3743 ratings)

Lock in your rate

Rates are expected to jump after the next Fed meeting

Find Mortgage Lenders near you

Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Caliber Home Loans

Caliber Home Loans (NMLS #15622) is a full-service mortgage lender that offers a comprehensive loan process from application to closing either online or in person. The company promises innovative technology, expert loan consultants and a loan processing period as short as 10 days. With services available in all 50 states, Caliber Home Loans has products for all types of buyers. The company was founded in 2008.

Find Mortgage Lenders near you

Pros

• Quick process from application to closing
    • Branches in most states
    • Offers free financial education resources
    • Low-down-payment programs

Cons

• Loan rates and fees not available online
    • No home equity loans

Bottom Line

Caliber Home Loans offers conventional, FHA, VA, USDA and jumbo mortgages to borrowers throughout the country. Loans may close in as little as 10 days for some applicants. Rate quotes are available by filling out an online form or calling.

Caliber Home Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Travis and Nikki were great to work with. I used them on a refi of my personal home. Their communication and timeliness was awesome during the entire process of the transaction. When I had questions they were able to answer them and expand in areas to help me understand the best route for me to take.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

What a refreshing experience we had with Caliber Home Loans! They actually looked at our application and found the best rate available. They worked with the builder to get required information. Kelvin was in touch with us constantly on the status of the loan. What a pleasant experience, customer service to the max!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I worked with Diana ** and she made the whole process of refinancing my home so easy. I wouldn't go to anyone else! Diana is so knowledgeable, kind, easy to get in touch with, and I trust her. This whole process is so out of my element and working with Diana and Caliber made it a breeze! I highly recommend Caliber.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I had the absolute best experience during my initial discussion with Tina **, located in your Downers Grove, Illinois location. She is incredibly intelligent, easy to work with, highly skilled, and an absolute pleasure to refer to friends and family. I’ve purchased at least seven or eight homes in my 30 years as a homeowner, and working with Tina was the absolute smoothest & by FAR best experience we’ve ever had. She’s a keeper! Caliber Home Loans is lucky to have her.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Kathy was amazing. Kathy understood we have never been through this process before. She made everything as easy as possible and always gave a explanation for everything as it happened. She gets things done is in a extremely timely manner!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

My husband and I had a very good experience with Caliber. Sharon is super good when it comes to answering any questions one has. She is really on the ball. I would highly recommend Caliber to others who are looking to purchase a home.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

We would recommend Caliber Home Loans, specifically, Greg ** team, to others. They were quick to respond to questions, and especially to anything that was time sensitive. All our questions were answered along the way, and they worked hard to make each step of the way as smooth as possible. We would use their services again.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

We appreciate the care that Paul and his staff took in completing our mortgage refinance. It was a great experience and will save us a lot of money. If you need a mortgage, Paul ** and Caliber Mortgage should be your go-to lender.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Everyone at the office was very helpful with all my questions as a first time buyer. Made me feel comfortable, not just like another number. The whole process has been a great experience, and would happily recommend family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

The process with Caliber was the easiest and most enjoyable I've ever experienced. Todd ** and his team were outstanding to work with and made what is normally an arduous process very easy and a breeze. The people were nice, knew what they were doing and communicated very responsively and in simple terms.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I closed on my loan 10/11, I haven’t received loan statements, I can’t access them online it is 11/23 and my first payment is due 12/01. Last call I made I was told it would be available 11/21. This has been a stressful process.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Caliber was great. They answered every question no matter how often we had one. Steve and his staff were top notch. They made the whole process a breeze. I would fully recommend them. They helped with insurance and every aspect.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Andy is the best mortgage consultant I've worked with. He got me amazing rates, made the process seamless and was very responsive to questions and concerns. I would recommend Andy to anyone looking to finance or refinance a home purchase without reservation!

Hyung

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Had one of the most amazing and hassle free experience with Caliber and the most important thing was that they were there to answer any of my queries or questions and help out in every possible way any point of the day and time.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Caliber Loans was great to work with. They really helped me out. They gave me a great loan and rate. My loan officer Christine was awesome. She also pointed me to the realtor I ended up using to buy my first house. All in all I don't think I would have had as good an experience had I went anywhere else. Their whole team was great.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Shawn and the team were outstanding. They assisted every step of the way. The process was well laid out and step by step assistance was give. Deadlines and submissions were laid out in a timely manner. Highly recommend Caliber for a loan.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Amazing experience right from the start! The team kept me updated with progress and helped me get across the settlement table on time! Wonderful experience. I have already recommended them multiple times! I will never go with another company for any of my mortgage needs.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

We've selected Caliber to perform several mortgage transaction for us after being introduced by a realtor friend. We would not think about going somewhere else for our needs.. Professional, integrity, speed, experts at what they do, highest consumer satisfaction to the end,,.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Brogan went through hell and back to get us into our new home as fast as possible. Through all the difficulties and challenges, he made the process easy and efficient!! Buyer beware when signing, as they do try to slide in a disclosure form to send your phone number and email to marketers after signing with no “opt out box”.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Brandon and Hannah were unbelievable in what they accomplished for our family. I will refer everyone I know to use him and his team. We knew going into this it would be tough but it got done and it was pretty much unstressful.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Best mortgage company! They are extremely helpful and walk you through the entire process. They can and will get the job done for you with far better results than any other mortgage company. Great experience working with Dan's team. Great rate, straightforward, and prompt with communication.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

At first we were hesitant about refinancing because of the usually tedious and drawn out process. An excellent 30-year rate done smoothly and expeditiously by Stephen ** and his associates. Our hats off to them. We are already referring other people to Caliber.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

To make a long story short we have been trying to move for 8 years and last year we thought we found the house of our dreams. We tried to get a loan through Caliber Loans and because my husband was on furlough due to Covid, we were denied the loan. Well my husband went back to work a few months ago and we decided to go ahead and see about getting a pre-approval for a new home. Both times we spoke with John ** and he tried to do everything he could possibly do to make it work even though last time didn't work out. He definitely came in clutch this time and we are now currently living in our new home! We love it so much, it's so beautiful. We still can't believe it's ours and we are so happy! I highly suggest you talk to John ** at Caliber Loans if you are looking to purchase a new home!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

John and Jessica made the process smooth and painless. They responded quickly and kept us up to date on our loan status. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a home loan. They are true professionals and care about their clients.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Both Ryan and his processor Jessica, were prompt and responsive to any questions, got a great rate at a low cost. I recommend Ryan and his team to all my friends and family whenever I hear about someone buying or re-financing!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Caliber Homes was great to work with and they made the home buying process easy. Ellie answered all our questions timely and was very knowledgeable. I highly recommend Caliber Homes and we will look to work with them again for a future home purchase.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Working with Michelle ** on our refinance was a great experience. Michelle was knowledgeable, helpful and went above and beyond in helping with the paperwork. She also has a great sense of humor and was very patient in answering all of our questions. The entire experience was easy and fun thanks to Michelle.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Was a great experience, well done! Luke and team were great to work with. We had questions and they patiently answered and got through all of them in the time of Covid, that was a great accomplishment. Thank you for helping us refinance.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Such a wonderful experience. The whole process was very painless and I can not thank Ryan and his team enough. They really helped with making sure everything was done right and on time. Not to mention how friendly everyone is. Thanks again for everything.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

The experience was very pleasant. Marie ** was very professional and very kind. She spends a lot of time making sure I am comfortable and am understanding everything. I will give her 5/5 stars. I will surely recommend Caliber Home Loans! Thank you!

Caliber Home Loans Company Information