Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.46/5

BB&T Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BB&T?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BB&T?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

BB&T/Truist Bank was my lender for the home mortgage and both of my loan officers Evette ** and David ** did an amazing job in completing my application on time and answering all my questions. I'm very pleased with the rate I got from BB&T and customer service provided to me as a client. I would highly recommend!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

There is always someone available to help answer your questions and to make sure that the customers are happy and satisfied should you encounter an issue or problem. Sometimes it is hard to get to the right representatives for some issues that are urgent but with persistence calling you will get someone to help you mainly when it is on the weekend or after normal banking hours. I would give them high grades overall.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I have been a BB&T account holder for a few years now, and one of their policies is to only reverse 1 overdraft fee every 2 years I believe. In the very beginning of the pandemic before the economic shutdown, I had an auto pay bill go through while waiting for a paycheck that never came. Knowing it wouldn't be reversed, I just ate the loss. But then my wife and I were both laid off of our jobs, and my side business fell flat. After having 2 overdrafts come out of my account this week, due to recurring bill payments, I decided to call and see what support I could get knowing that even if they reversed those 2 fees, the bill payments would still have my account in the negative.

While hold times were long, the service I received exceeded my expectations! After talking to a representative and then waiting for approval, he got back on the line to let me know that they were going to reverse my last 5 overdraft fees! Money has been tight since the beginning of the year and we have had many setbacks. But BB&T support went above and beyond what I was even hoping for. By reversing additional past fees, they managed to bring my account back to positive, which provided me with a little extra spending money for groceries to feed my family!

Original review: March 1, 2020

I was an existing customer, so I expected some streamlining of the process, since they had all my data. Wrong! Even though I was taking a second loan of the same type, with an excellent record, etc., the loan process was long and tedious. The cheerful "apply online" link was misleading. If I had known all that upfront, I would have gone with a more online-only presence.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

On February 3 2020, I had a bad experience at BB&T, Volvo Pkwy Chesapeake, VA. Because I am familiar with BB&T banking policies, I decided to try the BB&T on Greenbrier Pkwy, Chesapeake, VA. When I entered, I signed in and took a seat. The customer service representative was helping two clients and informed me that she would be right with me.

Once she (Brianna) finished, she greeted me and exhibited impeccable customer service. While helping me, the bank manager, Glenda, came out to greet me and provide additional information. As Brianna continued to help, she needed assistance, and Max made himself available. I was able to open my business account, receive information and the customer service was phenomenal. They were very thorough, patient and professional as they assisted me. In addition, I received follow up calls to ensure that everything was okay. I applaud their efforts to care about the customers and provide professional customer service.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I moved to Charlotte last year and opened several accounts at BB&T. I must say, this is by far the worst bank I've ever been associated with. They won't answer the telephone or return calls from the branch. Call to any support for online banking take extremely long. I recently had the drive up assist me with a wire transfer and had to sit at the drive up for over an hour. Again, I've left messages and emails for my personal banker and most of the time nothing is returned. One time I did a walk in and they had one teller helping both walk in customers and drive up customers. I should give them negative stars.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Your institution recently was kind enough to return an overdraft fee. We since then have gathered two more overdraft fees. As your institution is managing our finances and both my husband's and I's direct deposit paychecks. It is obvious that you are well aware of our upcoming paychecks that are being directly deposited into our account, which is in your institution.

With that being said, during this horrible COVID-19 PANDEMIC, we feel it is not right that you continue to take overdraft fees. We, as many families have lost income, lost loved ones- due to COVID-19 and are trying so very hard to stay afloat. We are trying our hardest to feed our kids, provide them with their needs, keep a roof over their heads and provide some form of security. Many establishments, if not most have made these times a bit easier for their customers. We feel BB&T Truist- has no sense of family, caring and community in mind. If at all possible, please return these overdraft fees so we can basically take care of all 6 of our children. And consider helping your customers, our community during these hard times, not making it harder. Sincerely, A very heart broken and unhappy customer.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

We deposit money from one account to another bc we needed to moved 15.00 over to one account to another. We get up next am to find out that charged us a 144.00 in over-drafted when we showed in the positive after moving 80.00 to cover the 12.00 oopps over and it doesn't say nowhere on their website they have a 9 pm cut off time for Zelle and if it was me, I would never bank WITH BB&T ever again. I have been banking with them for years and they have done me so wrong....

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I do not recommend banking with BB&T for your business needs. They lie just to get your business! I asked specific questions to ensure this checking account would be compatible with my business needs and was told it was. After signing up I attempted to do these transaction, that I was previously told were possible, and couldn’t figure it out. I then reached out to their supposed and was told “with this business account these types of transactions weren’t an option.” THEN WHY WAS I TOLD IT WAS BEFORE?!?! I 100% would NOT have chosen this account if I would have been TOLD THE TRUTH! Also, they did nothing to try and resolve the issue or see if there is a different type of account that would work. They simply acted like my needs were not important and moved on. I am VERY dissatisfied and will be finding a new bank that can TRULY meet my banking needs.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

It's 4:30 pm on a Monday, no holiday, so WHY are all BB&T banks closed, even though their website says they are open? TERRIBLE customer service. I've been to 3 branches in the past 2 hours, to find NONE are open. Been a customer for 25+ years, and have had zero notification of random closures. Was a "Bank Holiday" declared by the federal government that I am unaware of? Are businesses using the COVID excuse in excess? Yes. So tired of this.

BB&T Company Information