BB&T

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After banking with CITI for so many years, I wasn't given the option to switch to BB&T. Since the switch it has been one fee after another. Even though I didn't sign up for overdraft protection they still charge overdraft fees for ridiculous charges, such as Netflix or Ipsy which is automatically deducted from my account. If the money is not there, BB&T still charges $35 for Netflix or Ipsy for overdraft fee. I have disputed so many times with these people however there has been no change or refund.

My last straw is with my payroll check which they placed a 7 day hold on! The bank rep, Megan **, informed me that the hold had nothing to do with the check, or the bank the check was from, however was because of my history of overdraft fees! She also informed me that although "SHE" could release it, she wouldn't because of my overdraft fees history! She is holding my hard earned money, because "SHE" can! I am officially done with this bank and will take my money to the credit union which is what I would've done when I first moved here, however for the convenience I haven't.

This is the worst bank for customer service. They can raise your escrow account without even giving a reason. And when you try to lower it you have to go through a nightmare. They gave a free checking account for having a mortgage with them. Then they charged me $12.00 a month for maintenance and I closed it. They gave me a BB&T Visa and charged me $25.00 fee even when there was no balance. Had to go into their bank twice to get it off my account. Closed that account too. Being a senior citizen they should have the best customer service. I would cancel my mortgage with them if I could.

Comcast withdrew money from my checking account without my knowledge. I tell multiple representatives of BB&T and Comcast about this personally and over the phone before 2/18/2017. I am then given a new checking account (due to fraudulent activity from Comcast) and then told to transfer all of my funds from my old to the new account. I do exactly what I was told, meaning that my old checking account had a ZERO BALANCE. Comcast/BB&T already obtained my money for this bill prior to me opening a new checking account. The next day, I am given a $36.00 fee from BB&T. Today I do business with neither and now I do business with lawyers. Have a good day BB&T and Comcast.

BB&T 'relationship managers' will court you & promise your business the world. Once you sign-up, the party is over, and you're left holding a bag of snakes. Let's start with outrageous fees ($36 returned item fees). This is a terrible problem because BB&T puts onerous holds on all non-cash deposits, well after 6 months of opening! Make a deposit, it gets subtracted from the source account that evening, but doesn't show up in your account FOR DAYS! BB&T is basically floating your money. I had one $20k deposit they put a 10-DAY HOLD ON. This wreaked havoc with my AP & then they had the audacity to charge me multiple NSF fees!

Then there are mysterious junk fees that show up with no explanation as to what they are, or why you were charged. Many of these are dubious, and some they claim are not theirs (so whose are they then showing up on our statements???). Let's shift to inability to speak/chat with anyone in real time. Don't have your phone PIN handy, you can't use their phone system. Need a new one, you have to go to a branch. Want to resolve an issue? Nope - you must go to a branch. Then there is no ability to transfer money into/out of your business checking without paying for an additional ACH service. Want to move equity into your business account online? Nope! Not possible. You have to make a mobile deposit which will be held, or visit a branch.

How about the unethical process of posting charges before credits. Make an online payment, then deposit money that same day (or even before since deposits are held), debits will ALWAYS be processed first, and if your account is short (awaiting processing of your deposit), you guessed it, $36 NSF fee. Make a formal application for a business loan, despite excellent credit, solid assets, and earnings? If they deem your business 'risky' (mine is a craft beer & wine startup), they will simply and informally tell you 'not interested'. You will not receive any written notification of denial of credit whatsoever (which I believe is a violation of several laws). You will also get pestered by BB&T employees trying to sell you overpriced merchant services.

How this bank isn't investigated by state DA offices of the Treasury Department is unbelievable. Their processes are unethical at best, illegal at worst. They are no ally of small business, they are your worst enemy. Run, do not walk away from BB&T. Your business and sanity will thank you for it! I have made it my personal commitment to warn as many people as I can about this bank and it's utter contempt for small business owners.

I have a BB&T checking account with overdraft protection. I recently made a small purchase that overdrafted my account in the amount of $5.88. I also had three other debit card transactions that were previously pending. They posted the three debit card transactions, which after they posted, I still had a positive balance. The bank then assessed me two overdraft fees. I called customer service and asked them why I was being assessed two overdraft fees when at the end of the posting, I have a positive balance. They informed me that the bank deducted my pending transaction for the small purchase before posting the other three transactions. This caused the assessment of the overdraft fees. On what planet is this type of math kosher?

I told them it was absolutely ridiculous that I would be ultimately assessed $108 in overdraft fees for an overdraft of $5.88 in my account when all the purchases posted. Because when the small purchase posts, I'll be charged another $36 overdraft fee. Customer service said "That's the reality." Doesn't it sound more like highway robbery? They agreed to refund one overdraft fee; however, that still leaves me paying $72 for a less than $6 overdraft. I am far from happy with this bank's practices. This bank bought out National Penn Bank. I never had these issues with National Penn. The customer service with National Penn was wonderful. This bank is horrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BB&T?

If you try and close your account they will come back 2 years later trying to tell you that you owe them money and that it has been sent to collections. They won't be able to give you the information as to what you are being charged for or why you even owe money and won't transfer you to a supervisor. If you go to close your account make sure they give you a form confirming that they closed your account for your records and that no other fees will be applied to your account, otherwise the amount will keep racking up and you'll be in debt.

We have 3 business accounts with BB&T and for the most part all has gone well for about 13 years. Two days ago we were hit with what the Police called cyber- terrorism. It was a terrifying experience involving threats and blackmail. My first call after the police was to BB&T. The fraud people were understanding as I was very shaky and upset. I authorized the closing of two of the three accounts but did NOT authorize the closing of the operating account as I had to get to Atlanta ASAP to say goodbye to my father who is in Hospice. I already had plane, car and hotel reservations made and would need the debit card when I arrived in Atlanta. The attack happened on Saturday night of a 3 day weekend and the banks were closed today being Monday. The fraud people were explained that I would have to go in person to the bank to get a new card and since the local branches didn't open until 9 and I had to be at the airport by 9.

I was given the address and phone number of the branch closest to the Atlanta airport. It was agreed that BB&T would keep the account open until I picked up the rental car in Atlanta and got to the Branch to pick up a temporary card. I thought all was well until this morning when I tried to get gas and discovered the account was locked. I have spent the entire day trying to get BB&T to unlock the account. This morning at 10 I was told by customer service that he would have to investigate before opening the account but that he would call me no later than 2 PM.

When he didn't call I tried to call again to discover that he had left for the day. Around 4:00 I reached someone named Jose who said he was a supervisor in customer service and that it was his decision not to release the account and that he had notified the fraud department of his decision. He then disconnected the call. In a panic, I called the fraud people back and explained that after multiple calls, always getting different people, being on hold until the call disconnected. I was getting desperate.

IN the meantime I found out that my father was worse. I considered delaying the trip one day but without the card I can't change the reservations and now realized that if I didn't get there tomorrow afternoon I might not see him alive. The fraud people said their hands were tied. Vanessa stayed over an hour after she was due to go home trying to get someone to release the account without succeeding. We are nuns and this is a business account. We don't use credit and have no other cards. We have only the money in our pockets. I have no way to get to the branch in Atlanta without a car. It is beyond belief that the bank has no one on call with the authority to handle this kind of emergency. I feel like first I was victimized by the terrorist but even worse now I am being victimized by the bank I trusted. Whose side are they on?

I have a loan with BB&T and trying to pay it off early so I am doubling my monthly payment amounts in an effort to pay more towards the principal. Instead BB&T is collecting the same interest and crediting my payments forward, in other words it shows 8 months ahead. I contacted BB&T last month and was told to make the payment on the 17th and it will reduce my interest amount. Great, it worked but this month it didn't work. I called BB&T today and the girl kept repeating the same thing which made no sense to me. I asked her to explain why last month's advice worked but it didn't work this month. She was rude and continued to state, "You're not listening to what I'm saying." She should not be on the CS phone. I will go see the branch manager on Monday to pay off my loan and never use BB&T again.

THIS ** bank has screwed up my mom's finances in SO many ways! RUN!!! Whatever you do, don't go to this bank! This bank forced my 83 year old mom out of their bank, sent her a letter threatening that whether or not she had her money out, the account would be closed on September 1 of 2016! THEN!!! After she dragged herself out to the branch and took ALL her money elsewhere to appease them, BB&T left the account open with 1 cent in it, and let VA and dad's firefighters pension go into an account that was "closed SEPT 1 2016" according to BB&T's so nicely written letter from corporate office.

NOW, without any notice of a new balance or any other correspondence from them to my mom about the account still being open... for months, after mom passed, we were trying to tie up loose ends when we discovered that VA had paid retroactive money to my mom, but the VA wouldn't tell us where they sent the money! After numerous calls to mom's new banks, and lots of headache and MY time, it occurred to me that the only place the money could have went was to this old account!!! Lo and behold, there it was, in a "closed account"...

BB&T tells me, the executor of mom's estate, "we can't talk to you about her account." After going to the courts to get papers to give BB&T proof I was the executor, they copped a attitude with me because I demanded answers. First of all the money should have never been in their bank. Second of all, if the account had been closed on the day my mom did it, no other deposits would have taken place.

NOW, I have 3 checks for the beneficiaries of the BB&T account and I need to pay the VA money back because mom died. BB&T refuses to take their OWN checks back so that VA can get the amount owed to them PLUS there is a extra few thousand that is included in the checks they cut for the beneficiaries that has to be divided as well. BB&T WILL NOT even tell us what the deposit amounts were so that we know how much to send back. I can't cash the checks or pay back VA without sending the total amount to VA!!! THESE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE IN THE FINANCIAL WORLD!!!

Customer service is awful. Deposit terminal is often out of service or takes the deposit and then doesn't credit account. Recently, my debit card was charged twice for the same transaction and BB&T fraud claim is taking forever. When I call, I stay on hold for 10+ minutes and then get a rep who provides no help. I'm closing my two accounts.

My sister is a wealth mgt VP and I emailed her asking what would be something good to invest 80,000 in for my neighbor who is 79 and I am her POA. I have tried to ask her twice. This time by email. She tells me she doesn't know. "I don't know her whole picture," even though I have told her. My guess is that the amount of money is so small she doesn't want to mess with it. This bank also did multiple withdrawals for my father who is 78 and has dementia for him to send over $100000 to scammers. We were not aware until my sister (the banker) looked into it. No one contacted my mother who is on the account to notify her that they had suspicions that my father was being scammed. My father told them that he was paying tax money so he could win 40 million dollars. I was extremely disappointed in this bank that they continued to perform multiple transactions without contacting my mother.

I am the Treasurer for a local church. The church tellers who take the weekly offerings to the bank, put the offerings in a money bag along with the entire deposit slip book and drop it in the night deposit at BB&T each week. BB&T suddenly refused to return the bag and the deposit book until the elders of the church signed a new "Resolution and Agreement for Deposit Account." The money bags were the property of the bank and with that I'm not arguing. However, the deposit books themselves are the property of the church, purchased from a third party vendor with church funds. The deposit book in no way shape or form belongs to BB&T and BB&T had no legal authority to keep them. But BB&T held the books until the church agreed to sign their document. That, to me, is wrong. I asked the manager "What if I had mistakenly dropped my wedding ring in the money bag? Would you keep my wedding ring until I signed your forms?" Worst bank ever!

Mishandling of long term clients. Attitude from the staff most of the time. I have given multiple proof driver license number, social security number, address information and last payment etc. That is not enough. You are pushed and treated with total attitude and obnoxious behavior. I am tired of being mistreated by this bank. They do not know how to treat their client with respect. I spoke to Samatha who continued to be so cold and uncaring after I gave her multiple information. Only after her supervisor got on the phone and I was mistreated did I get to make a payment on my bill. Why does anyone have to be treated like this to pay their bill.

My husband and I have owned our own small business for going on 7 years now, and have banked with BB&T and used their merchant services for the same amount of time. We had no problems with them until recently. We had to update our credit card machine because our old one didn't support chip cards. So this past summer, we bought a new machine that is also itself supposed to be PCI compliant and secure. Well, during the month of October, someone was able to gain access to our SECURE machine, which is connected directly by ethernet, and send through over 21k AMEX authorizations using our merchant account. These were supposedly done at one time, almost all swiped (no one has access to our machine aside from my husband and I. We have no employees.).

So, BB&T allowed these authorizations, and we were contacted toward the end of October about a possible fraud on our account (because of these authorizations, although at the time we didn't realize the extent of it). My husband had been getting calls from people from all across the country saying charges to their American Express cards were showing up with our business name for random amounts (most only a few dollars). So then, we got our monthly merchant statement in the mail saying we owed $3300 (our actual legitimate charges and fees totaled only $184.). After multiple calls to merchant services, we were told that the bank incurred these charges (even though they acknowledged that it was fraudulent and changed our account because of it) so they were still going to charge us.

They did agree to, and ultimately, refund $2100 of the amount, but we have still been out $1000. And we were just informed this morning that since they've already taken the amount out, it cannot be refunded (after waiting for about a month for a fraud claim through the bank). So definitely don't deal with BB&T merchant services. You'll save yourself a lot of hassle. Also, don't forget, whoever you do merchant services with, to add in a clause to have no early termination fee (save yourself $500 because they won't tell you you have one unless you specifically list not to have it).

More than 3 months ago we refinance our mortgage with another bank. The first flag was that they calculated our "payoff balance" 2 payments higher than actual balance. Even though we never been a single day late for our payments! That made us bring $1300.00 more to our closing (with another bank) - BB&T refunded us overage 3 weeks later. The second (still going on) they took $2200.00 from our escrow for paying our tax which they never paid!!! Nor refunded to us!!!! We had to bring from our pocket $2200.00 more for property tax to a new closing. 3 months later BB&T have not refunded us for $2,200.00!!! So many phone calls to BB&T. They lied that they paid tax. We called Tax Services and confirmed that they did not (we paid at closing), then BB&T lied that they will refund in 2-3 days, 24 hours... we haven't seen dime yet!!!

BB&T may have more local access available, but better services can be found for your needs. I have had to find out the hard way that I cannot do an online money transfer from my BB&T savings to my BB&T checking on weekends or holidays. Any other day it is immediate. However, my savings acct can be used for overdraft purposes for a $12 fee. Also, deposits made on Saturdays, before the bank has closed, does not post until the following business day. Other banks offer much better services than this.

In 2008 my wife at the time went in the Carmel branch in CLT and in a period of 2 1/2 months, forged my signature 14 times until my acct was closed. I did not give the bank permission nor did I give my wife to withdraw my 25000. I saved this money for a very long time and I need some sort of closure. The banker that let her have the money was named Copper. What made me more angry was the bank is blaming me.

They are closing my account in the next 7 days unless I pay them $990.00. They keep adding overdraft fees and I get a disability check every 3rd of the month. I don't have $990.00. They are rip offs. Don't go to them. You will be sorry.

My son has been banking with Branch Bank and Trust for 10 years. He was a full time student pursuing his 4 year degree in education working part time at a local grocery store, so he wasn't making a lot of money, but they required a checking or savings account to direct deposit his check. He would get paid every 2 weeks go draw his money out with his ATM card the next morning after his check went in at midnight. He had no checks. Just a card. He would have the check stub from work with the amount he made and go to draw it out and have less money than what he made. He had a student account since he was a student so no maintenance fees! So he would notice 100 dollars taken out every now and then but when he called customer service they would try and convince him it was a charge he had made from Amazon Prime (for example) that was totally not true!

He finally got his degree started teaching and had to have a note from the Bank for direct deposit since he couldn't give a voided check. Well they sent him a Check card still he writes no checks. The first month he got paid from the State which was quite a bit more money. He used his card a few times and it was online orders. Now this is his account how money and they froze his account because supposedly they suspected "fraudulent activity". Why we don't know. He checks his account everyday and if he thought there was any fraudulent activity he would have called the bank! He proceeds to call his personal banker at the local BB&T and she says there has been someone taking money from inside the bank, so they froze his account and no one else! He was embarrassed more than one time and that is totally not right and pisses me off to no end!

I've had it with this Bank! Here it is Christmas and he has not had time to Christmas shop and has ordered Christmas online which is his BUSINESS IF HE HAS THE MONEY IN THE BANK! All the correct information address, phone number everything possible!!! Today he had one more thing to buy online and his card was declined and his online banking account on his phone shows him all activity debits, credits deposits, he got paid last night and they declined his DAMN card and when he called the BB&T 24 hour automated system the recording said they couldn't give him any information!!!

This Bank is looking at a law suit and he will be moving his money to another bank! I'm so tired of seeing him work his butt off and this is his money and they think they can put a hold on his card anytime they want!!! They will not get by with this! If he wants to shop online in freaking CHINA that's his business as long as he's got the money! This mom is fed up with BB&T! Get these damn criminals that actually do fraudulent crap and get by with it!!!

It's crazy how just about everyone is complaining about the same things so, this confirms that BB&T need to be investigated for fraud! Their teller did not close out my information after I made a deposit inside and withdrew $100 out of my account into someone else's. I happen to see this a few hours on my online banking after bank hours. Called the 1-800, had them put a freeze on my account until I went in the very next morning, spoke to the nasty bank manager Stephanie, who did say it was a teller mistake but couldn't refund my $100.00 into my account until Monday morning. Come Monday morning no $100.00 but a negative 13.09!

Mind you, I've never overdrawn before and keep good track of my account. She now puts the blame on me on top of all the over draft fees saying I should have known once I put the freeze on the account they put a hold on 3 transactions already made and the $100.00 they never refunded me. I even tried with the regional manager she's just as rude and could care less. Both managers could also not explain to me why most of my date transactions were off, yet I now know why. They tried covering their butts so they didn't have the refund me MY money they have to another customer and created false overdraft fees so, in the end they took my money! Stephens City branch is the worst. Please find another bank. They will truly ruin your credit and put the blame on you!

My husband and I went to our local BB&T branch to check out a home equity line of credit or a home equity loan. We have had a mortgage with them for 5 years and have never had any problems. Our original loan was sold to BB&T so we had no choice with regards to who was servicing our mortgage. We visited the Vice President of the bank and she explained the difference between the two kinds of loans. We insisted that we only wanted a fixed loan rate with a fixed payment period. Everything she said from start to finish was very confusing and hard to even an accountant to understand. We signed the papers after thinking about it and were told we had 3 days to rescind. She said she could not provide us with the interest rate or monthly payment until the closing. We insisted on something in writing stating these terms and she sent us an email with the necessary information.

After coming home and reading all of the complaints about the bank our gut feeling told us to get out quick and we signed a letter to rescind the loan within the 3 day period. However, the Vice President of the bank urged us to give their bank a chance and to prove to us that they were trustworthy. We relented and took the loan which we assumed was a fixed rate, certain time period loan with a fixed monthly payment. However, what we did not realize, even though she told us she had informed us, was that we also had a home equity line of credit with a variable loan. When checking our account online we saw that it was showing we owed twice as much as we had borrowed, the payments were different than she had told us and the interest rate was different. It has been an absolute nightmare.

We are still trying to straighten things out. Now she is telling us we have to go back into the bank and sign more forms if we don't want the variable rate loan as well as the fixed rate loan. The whole procedure was a flim flam scam and I urge everyone to stay away from this bank. Run, run, run. If you don't you will be sorry like we are. How they stay in business we will never know.

I am absolutely fed up and done with BB&T bank and will NEVER bank with them again nor would I ever recommend them to anyone. They have or have tried to charge me a countless amount of overdraft fees. Often times I have noticed (because I monitor my account almost daily) that they switch and rearrange transactions in an effort to cause these fees and I have even most recently noticed that they charged the max amount of overdrafts for a day which is 5 and then deliberately held 4 other transactions to the next day so they could charge me more. That was my last straw and I literally reported them to anyone possible, the Federal Reserve Bank, the CFPB (currently pending), and the FDIC.

In the past month ALONE they charged me $540 in overdraft fees... in the past year a total of 48 fees and $1,728. I don't know who has the money to just give to a bank like this but I don't. I was not able to pay some of my actual BILLS in the past month because of the amount of money they caused me. I am trying to get my money back and I have already opened an account with a new bank. They are so horrible and they never return calls or inquiries and I have NEVER been rude or irate (although I have reason to be) when I have spoken with anyone.

They claimed I overdrafted 1.69. When I finally received paperwork about this overdraft the fee was already around 170.00. The customer service is horrible. This bank will steal from you, and then try to ruin your credit.

This happened last yr. My brother gave a $100 bill which I was going to deposit in my account. I went to the drive-thru window. They told me to come inside - then told me the bill was counterfeit! I told them my brother just gave it to me. I left the bill and told my brother what happened... He said he got the bill from that very bank! Later I tried to get a straight answer but couldn't. Today my brother said the bank put $200 in my ck. account and he did not get his money back... Somebody should have been in touch with me. I have not heard from anyone at that bank. Seeing my brother today... He said the bank needed me for a statement or something. Darn please help! I had no idea he didn't get his bill back.

Please run away from this bank. I have had my account less than 30 days and had a wire transfer for 3000 and a deposit for 2000. This bank put my account on hold and froze my account stating they needed to know where the wire transfer and check came from so I told them the information that they needed to know. So they unfroze my account for 3 hours. Went to use my card and my account was back on hold. Now they are telling me my account is closed and the company that sent the wire transfer and the check is asking for the money back. So I called both companies and they have no knowledge of these things happening period. So my money is just sitting in this damn bank and they are lying trying to steal my money. But I'm not gonna let them get away with this period. They are a bunch of thieves. Period. And someone needs to investigate this bank. Period point blank.

I'm not sure where to begin. This bank would definitely ruin you. They did it to me so I'm sure they'll do it to you. I had 2 accounts with BB&T--a business and a regular checking account. Never could I open a savings account cause overdraft fees wouldn't allow me to. I would deposit $300 cash money in the branch ATM machine just so they can hold it and by the next day my account would have a $350 negative balance. They create your overdraft fees for you if you decide to stay on point about how you accruing so many overdraft. You still would never understood how the online site shows one thing while the Mobile app says something else.

I try applying for a credit card once. No one from BB&T called me to say my application was denied. I figured they shred it. I ended up getting a major credit card through a different bank. That's odd. All they good for is controlling your money and taking your money. Poor customer service. You on your own. They treated me so bad for a while. I thought It was just me but after reading so many reviews now I know it's just in BB&T's blood. I'm sorry but I wouldn't recommend this financial institution to no one on this green planet. The way they conduct business is a true shame for any community and it's sad that they get to get away with it.

BB&T is absolutely positively the worst bank in America! Somehow they manipulate bank accounts via as they say the day they are posted in their account when you use your debit card causing many thousands of dollars of overdraft fees the last couple years. This bank needs investigated for the theft they have caused!

Second time in two weeks this happen. On Nov 11, 2016 I deposit $736 through my BB&T branch ATM. $100 was made available immediately and the remainder was held (typically until the next business day). However, another hold was placed on my account for $73.6. Today is November 15, 2016 and my account reflects an overdraft balance of -795. Both holds are still in place. This is my business account. Ironically they have a billboard down the straight which claims that they help small business.

At one time, I had 6 accounts with BB&T. After the bank held my deposit, (even though the online log in showed it was available) and caused 10 checks to bounce, causing $250 in over draft fees, the bank finally gave back the money after 2 visits with the branch manager. This caused me to close 3 of the accounts. Now, they have held a retirement check deposited 11/3 until 11/14 stating the hold is normal bank procedure. After bank shopping, I have found a 5 day hold is the normal. I'm done. Closing 3 more accounts and going elsewhere.

About 13 years ago, my husband took out a loan for $30,000 from National Penn Bank. He passed away 11 years ago and so I continued to pay the loan. I noticed that the balance never went down much, unlike other loans that we had. The interest is 7.78%. I went to the NPB and asked if I could refinance this loan or at least make larger payments to it and was told that I could, so I started to do so. Still noticed that the total of what I owed was not really moving anywhere. I went back to bank and asked what would happen at the end of the loan if the payments that I was paying wouldn't satisfy the entire loan. They said that because it was a "balloon" loan, I would have to pay a huge lump sum at the end. Somehow this doesn't seem right, but I still can't change it.

I continued to pay the loan, but not at the higher rate, I changed it to a lower payment because of my circumstances. Fast forward to the present. BB&T now bought NPB. I still notice that I owe over $21,000 on this loan, to which I have paid over $30,000 on. I call the bank and ask them what I would have to pay to clear the loan. They quote the number that is $20,000. Then I ask how many months do I have left on this loan, they answer 32. I total up the amount that I pay each month and ask, OK, if I continue to pay at the rate that I am paying, it totals $6000. You are telling me that if I continue to pay the low monthly payments for 32 months, I will have paid the loan off. They answer YES. It doesn't make sense to me.

I have called at least 10 times about this problem and can NEVER get a straight answer. Since when is it more beneficial to pay a loan for a long time than to pay it off. This bank is screwed up. I have asked them if at the end of 32 months if I still owe $14,000 what are they going to do, issue me another loan? They have no answer. I don't understand and need some help with this. Maybe I should just shut up and see what happens but it seems to me that I should get this in writing, because I sure don't want to have to pay at least $55,000 for a lousy $30,000.

BB&T Company Profile