3.7/5 (115 ratings)

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

About BB&T

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

BB&T Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BB&T?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BB&T?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

Even before BB&T began its partnership with Truist, it was a huge pain. But ever since they began working together, they've managed to become even more impossible to use. I've been attempting to transfer money from my BB&T account to another savings account for SIX MONTHS. Every time the app is broken or just refuses to transfer the money. It's absolutely ridiculous. It should not be this difficult to get my hands on my own money. I'll be transferring out all my money and closing the account asap.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

BB&T/Truist is no longer able to service me when I go to the bank. Now what I ask, I'm told "we can't do that". Took cash at Christmas out of my bb&t acct and tried to put the cash in my daughter's bb&t acct, at the teller and was told I could not do it. Ask for a cashier's check today, was told they could not do it... and it goes on and on... Tried to get cash from atm, NO, wasn't able to do that either.... Been with this bank a long time... have plenty of money in account. They have become the "we take your money, but promise no service bank". I'm done with them.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

At my wife's request, she being 70 me being 68 asked me to make a cash deposit of 60.00 into her account to cover an insurance debit. BB&T refused the deposit since I or could her or I could not prove where the cash from?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Told them when and where I was traveling to use my card and couldn't use it. Asked for replacement cards several times over months. Never got it. Asked why these didn't work. They just said they don't know.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I've been on hold for 2 hours waiting for a customer service rep. They've always been bad when I had to call in but this is utterly unacceptable. Also, when I tried to set up auto pay, the guy told me they would mail me a form to fill out and mail back... Are you kidding me. I'll never use this bank again.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I was trying to explain my issue and all of sudden he cut me of and literally screaming at me by saying STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP. I don't know how many times he said that but this kind of behavior it's not acceptable. And he cut my line off.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Took check for 550 to window, asked to deposit 350 and get cash for the reminder. Was told couldn’t do that. Had to be all deposited. Won’t be available for 24 to 48 hours. It was obviously a legal check from the North Carolina state health care plan. I was depositing almost twice as much as I was asking back and have been a customer with this bank for over 20 years! I do not understand why they could not give me a small amount of cash when I was depositing the larger amount of the check?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I don't belong to this bank but keep getting emails from these idiots say someone trying to log into my account using wrong pass word. Lying no good crooks. Never use these scammers for anything. They just try to steal your banking information from another bank. Criminals.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Client of BB&T. Now waiting for over 40 minutes for a BB&T agent. Is this the kind of service we can expect from TRUIST???? If so, I am out of this bank. Are they unable or too cheap to provide more telephonic agents?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

BB&T opened an account in my name without any checks, and I realized this was an identity theft issue. I called them 2X NOW to close the account, while they promised they would, did not act on the same. I am struggling to get them to close the fraudulently opened account. If this is the level of minimal checks they perform, I would not be able to ever trust their so-called security. I am struggling to get this resolved. It is almost impossible to reach a live person when I call and when I reach a rep, the reps who answer are limited in their knowledge or ability to do the simplest things. I am now receiving emails about overdraft charges on my account.

Take a Mortgage Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

BB&T Company Information