BB&T

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Customer service is awful. Deposit terminal is often out of service or takes the deposit and then doesn't credit account. Recently, my debit card was charged twice for the same transaction and BB&T fraud claim is taking forever. When I call, I stay on hold for 10+ minutes and then get a rep who provides no help. I'm closing my two accounts.

My sister is a wealth mgt VP and I emailed her asking what would be something good to invest 80,000 in for my neighbor who is 79 and I am her POA. I have tried to ask her twice. This time by email. She tells me she doesn't know. "I don't know her whole picture," even though I have told her. My guess is that the amount of money is so small she doesn't want to mess with it. This bank also did multiple withdrawals for my father who is 78 and has dementia for him to send over $100000 to scammers. We were not aware until my sister (the banker) looked into it. No one contacted my mother who is on the account to notify her that they had suspicions that my father was being scammed. My father told them that he was paying tax money so he could win 40 million dollars. I was extremely disappointed in this bank that they continued to perform multiple transactions without contacting my mother.

I am the Treasurer for a local church. The church tellers who take the weekly offerings to the bank, put the offerings in a money bag along with the entire deposit slip book and drop it in the night deposit at BB&T each week. BB&T suddenly refused to return the bag and the deposit book until the elders of the church signed a new "Resolution and Agreement for Deposit Account." The money bags were the property of the bank and with that I'm not arguing. However, the deposit books themselves are the property of the church, purchased from a third party vendor with church funds. The deposit book in no way shape or form belongs to BB&T and BB&T had no legal authority to keep them. But BB&T held the books until the church agreed to sign their document. That, to me, is wrong. I asked the manager "What if I had mistakenly dropped my wedding ring in the money bag? Would you keep my wedding ring until I signed your forms?" Worst bank ever!

Mishandling of long term clients. Attitude from the staff most of the time. I have given multiple proof driver license number, social security number, address information and last payment etc. That is not enough. You are pushed and treated with total attitude and obnoxious behavior. I am tired of being mistreated by this bank. They do not know how to treat their client with respect. I spoke to Samatha who continued to be so cold and uncaring after I gave her multiple information. Only after her supervisor got on the phone and I was mistreated did I get to make a payment on my bill. Why does anyone have to be treated like this to pay their bill.

My husband and I have owned our own small business for going on 7 years now, and have banked with BB&T and used their merchant services for the same amount of time. We had no problems with them until recently. We had to update our credit card machine because our old one didn't support chip cards. So this past summer, we bought a new machine that is also itself supposed to be PCI compliant and secure. Well, during the month of October, someone was able to gain access to our SECURE machine, which is connected directly by ethernet, and send through over 21k AMEX authorizations using our merchant account. These were supposedly done at one time, almost all swiped (no one has access to our machine aside from my husband and I. We have no employees.).

So, BB&T allowed these authorizations, and we were contacted toward the end of October about a possible fraud on our account (because of these authorizations, although at the time we didn't realize the extent of it). My husband had been getting calls from people from all across the country saying charges to their American Express cards were showing up with our business name for random amounts (most only a few dollars). So then, we got our monthly merchant statement in the mail saying we owed $3300 (our actual legitimate charges and fees totaled only $184.). After multiple calls to merchant services, we were told that the bank incurred these charges (even though they acknowledged that it was fraudulent and changed our account because of it) so they were still going to charge us.

They did agree to, and ultimately, refund $2100 of the amount, but we have still been out $1000. And we were just informed this morning that since they've already taken the amount out, it cannot be refunded (after waiting for about a month for a fraud claim through the bank). So definitely don't deal with BB&T merchant services. You'll save yourself a lot of hassle. Also, don't forget, whoever you do merchant services with, to add in a clause to have no early termination fee (save yourself $500 because they won't tell you you have one unless you specifically list not to have it).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BB&T?

More than 3 months ago we refinance our mortgage with another bank. The first flag was that they calculated our "payoff balance" 2 payments higher than actual balance. Even though we never been a single day late for our payments! That made us bring $1300.00 more to our closing (with another bank) - BB&T refunded us overage 3 weeks later. The second (still going on) they took $2200.00 from our escrow for paying our tax which they never paid!!! Nor refunded to us!!!! We had to bring from our pocket $2200.00 more for property tax to a new closing. 3 months later BB&T have not refunded us for $2,200.00!!! So many phone calls to BB&T. They lied that they paid tax. We called Tax Services and confirmed that they did not (we paid at closing), then BB&T lied that they will refund in 2-3 days, 24 hours... we haven't seen dime yet!!!

BB&T may have more local access available, but better services can be found for your needs. I have had to find out the hard way that I cannot do an online money transfer from my BB&T savings to my BB&T checking on weekends or holidays. Any other day it is immediate. However, my savings acct can be used for overdraft purposes for a $12 fee. Also, deposits made on Saturdays, before the bank has closed, does not post until the following business day. Other banks offer much better services than this.

In 2008 my wife at the time went in the Carmel branch in CLT and in a period of 2 1/2 months, forged my signature 14 times until my acct was closed. I did not give the bank permission nor did I give my wife to withdraw my 25000. I saved this money for a very long time and I need some sort of closure. The banker that let her have the money was named Copper. What made me more angry was the bank is blaming me.

They are closing my account in the next 7 days unless I pay them $990.00. They keep adding overdraft fees and I get a disability check every 3rd of the month. I don't have $990.00. They are rip offs. Don't go to them. You will be sorry.

My son has been banking with Branch Bank and Trust for 10 years. He was a full time student pursuing his 4 year degree in education working part time at a local grocery store, so he wasn't making a lot of money, but they required a checking or savings account to direct deposit his check. He would get paid every 2 weeks go draw his money out with his ATM card the next morning after his check went in at midnight. He had no checks. Just a card. He would have the check stub from work with the amount he made and go to draw it out and have less money than what he made. He had a student account since he was a student so no maintenance fees! So he would notice 100 dollars taken out every now and then but when he called customer service they would try and convince him it was a charge he had made from Amazon Prime (for example) that was totally not true!

He finally got his degree started teaching and had to have a note from the Bank for direct deposit since he couldn't give a voided check. Well they sent him a Check card still he writes no checks. The first month he got paid from the State which was quite a bit more money. He used his card a few times and it was online orders. Now this is his account how money and they froze his account because supposedly they suspected "fraudulent activity". Why we don't know. He checks his account everyday and if he thought there was any fraudulent activity he would have called the bank! He proceeds to call his personal banker at the local BB&T and she says there has been someone taking money from inside the bank, so they froze his account and no one else! He was embarrassed more than one time and that is totally not right and pisses me off to no end!

I've had it with this Bank! Here it is Christmas and he has not had time to Christmas shop and has ordered Christmas online which is his BUSINESS IF HE HAS THE MONEY IN THE BANK! All the correct information address, phone number everything possible!!! Today he had one more thing to buy online and his card was declined and his online banking account on his phone shows him all activity debits, credits deposits, he got paid last night and they declined his DAMN card and when he called the BB&T 24 hour automated system the recording said they couldn't give him any information!!!

This Bank is looking at a law suit and he will be moving his money to another bank! I'm so tired of seeing him work his butt off and this is his money and they think they can put a hold on his card anytime they want!!! They will not get by with this! If he wants to shop online in freaking CHINA that's his business as long as he's got the money! This mom is fed up with BB&T! Get these damn criminals that actually do fraudulent crap and get by with it!!!

It's crazy how just about everyone is complaining about the same things so, this confirms that BB&T need to be investigated for fraud! Their teller did not close out my information after I made a deposit inside and withdrew $100 out of my account into someone else's. I happen to see this a few hours on my online banking after bank hours. Called the 1-800, had them put a freeze on my account until I went in the very next morning, spoke to the nasty bank manager Stephanie, who did say it was a teller mistake but couldn't refund my $100.00 into my account until Monday morning. Come Monday morning no $100.00 but a negative 13.09!

Mind you, I've never overdrawn before and keep good track of my account. She now puts the blame on me on top of all the over draft fees saying I should have known once I put the freeze on the account they put a hold on 3 transactions already made and the $100.00 they never refunded me. I even tried with the regional manager she's just as rude and could care less. Both managers could also not explain to me why most of my date transactions were off, yet I now know why. They tried covering their butts so they didn't have the refund me MY money they have to another customer and created false overdraft fees so, in the end they took my money! Stephens City branch is the worst. Please find another bank. They will truly ruin your credit and put the blame on you!

My husband and I went to our local BB&T branch to check out a home equity line of credit or a home equity loan. We have had a mortgage with them for 5 years and have never had any problems. Our original loan was sold to BB&T so we had no choice with regards to who was servicing our mortgage. We visited the Vice President of the bank and she explained the difference between the two kinds of loans. We insisted that we only wanted a fixed loan rate with a fixed payment period. Everything she said from start to finish was very confusing and hard to even an accountant to understand. We signed the papers after thinking about it and were told we had 3 days to rescind. She said she could not provide us with the interest rate or monthly payment until the closing. We insisted on something in writing stating these terms and she sent us an email with the necessary information.

After coming home and reading all of the complaints about the bank our gut feeling told us to get out quick and we signed a letter to rescind the loan within the 3 day period. However, the Vice President of the bank urged us to give their bank a chance and to prove to us that they were trustworthy. We relented and took the loan which we assumed was a fixed rate, certain time period loan with a fixed monthly payment. However, what we did not realize, even though she told us she had informed us, was that we also had a home equity line of credit with a variable loan. When checking our account online we saw that it was showing we owed twice as much as we had borrowed, the payments were different than she had told us and the interest rate was different. It has been an absolute nightmare.

We are still trying to straighten things out. Now she is telling us we have to go back into the bank and sign more forms if we don't want the variable rate loan as well as the fixed rate loan. The whole procedure was a flim flam scam and I urge everyone to stay away from this bank. Run, run, run. If you don't you will be sorry like we are. How they stay in business we will never know.

I am absolutely fed up and done with BB&T bank and will NEVER bank with them again nor would I ever recommend them to anyone. They have or have tried to charge me a countless amount of overdraft fees. Often times I have noticed (because I monitor my account almost daily) that they switch and rearrange transactions in an effort to cause these fees and I have even most recently noticed that they charged the max amount of overdrafts for a day which is 5 and then deliberately held 4 other transactions to the next day so they could charge me more. That was my last straw and I literally reported them to anyone possible, the Federal Reserve Bank, the CFPB (currently pending), and the FDIC.

In the past month ALONE they charged me $540 in overdraft fees... in the past year a total of 48 fees and $1,728. I don't know who has the money to just give to a bank like this but I don't. I was not able to pay some of my actual BILLS in the past month because of the amount of money they caused me. I am trying to get my money back and I have already opened an account with a new bank. They are so horrible and they never return calls or inquiries and I have NEVER been rude or irate (although I have reason to be) when I have spoken with anyone.

They claimed I overdrafted 1.69. When I finally received paperwork about this overdraft the fee was already around 170.00. The customer service is horrible. This bank will steal from you, and then try to ruin your credit.

This happened last yr. My brother gave a $100 bill which I was going to deposit in my account. I went to the drive-thru window. They told me to come inside - then told me the bill was counterfeit! I told them my brother just gave it to me. I left the bill and told my brother what happened... He said he got the bill from that very bank! Later I tried to get a straight answer but couldn't. Today my brother said the bank put $200 in my ck. account and he did not get his money back... Somebody should have been in touch with me. I have not heard from anyone at that bank. Seeing my brother today... He said the bank needed me for a statement or something. Darn please help! I had no idea he didn't get his bill back.

Please run away from this bank. I have had my account less than 30 days and had a wire transfer for 3000 and a deposit for 2000. This bank put my account on hold and froze my account stating they needed to know where the wire transfer and check came from so I told them the information that they needed to know. So they unfroze my account for 3 hours. Went to use my card and my account was back on hold. Now they are telling me my account is closed and the company that sent the wire transfer and the check is asking for the money back. So I called both companies and they have no knowledge of these things happening period. So my money is just sitting in this damn bank and they are lying trying to steal my money. But I'm not gonna let them get away with this period. They are a bunch of thieves. Period. And someone needs to investigate this bank. Period point blank.

I'm not sure where to begin. This bank would definitely ruin you. They did it to me so I'm sure they'll do it to you. I had 2 accounts with BB&T--a business and a regular checking account. Never could I open a savings account cause overdraft fees wouldn't allow me to. I would deposit $300 cash money in the branch ATM machine just so they can hold it and by the next day my account would have a $350 negative balance. They create your overdraft fees for you if you decide to stay on point about how you accruing so many overdraft. You still would never understood how the online site shows one thing while the Mobile app says something else.

I try applying for a credit card once. No one from BB&T called me to say my application was denied. I figured they shred it. I ended up getting a major credit card through a different bank. That's odd. All they good for is controlling your money and taking your money. Poor customer service. You on your own. They treated me so bad for a while. I thought It was just me but after reading so many reviews now I know it's just in BB&T's blood. I'm sorry but I wouldn't recommend this financial institution to no one on this green planet. The way they conduct business is a true shame for any community and it's sad that they get to get away with it.

BB&T is absolutely positively the worst bank in America! Somehow they manipulate bank accounts via as they say the day they are posted in their account when you use your debit card causing many thousands of dollars of overdraft fees the last couple years. This bank needs investigated for the theft they have caused!

Second time in two weeks this happen. On Nov 11, 2016 I deposit $736 through my BB&T branch ATM. $100 was made available immediately and the remainder was held (typically until the next business day). However, another hold was placed on my account for $73.6. Today is November 15, 2016 and my account reflects an overdraft balance of -795. Both holds are still in place. This is my business account. Ironically they have a billboard down the straight which claims that they help small business.

At one time, I had 6 accounts with BB&T. After the bank held my deposit, (even though the online log in showed it was available) and caused 10 checks to bounce, causing $250 in over draft fees, the bank finally gave back the money after 2 visits with the branch manager. This caused me to close 3 of the accounts. Now, they have held a retirement check deposited 11/3 until 11/14 stating the hold is normal bank procedure. After bank shopping, I have found a 5 day hold is the normal. I'm done. Closing 3 more accounts and going elsewhere.

About 13 years ago, my husband took out a loan for $30,000 from National Penn Bank. He passed away 11 years ago and so I continued to pay the loan. I noticed that the balance never went down much, unlike other loans that we had. The interest is 7.78%. I went to the NPB and asked if I could refinance this loan or at least make larger payments to it and was told that I could, so I started to do so. Still noticed that the total of what I owed was not really moving anywhere. I went back to bank and asked what would happen at the end of the loan if the payments that I was paying wouldn't satisfy the entire loan. They said that because it was a "balloon" loan, I would have to pay a huge lump sum at the end. Somehow this doesn't seem right, but I still can't change it.

I continued to pay the loan, but not at the higher rate, I changed it to a lower payment because of my circumstances. Fast forward to the present. BB&T now bought NPB. I still notice that I owe over $21,000 on this loan, to which I have paid over $30,000 on. I call the bank and ask them what I would have to pay to clear the loan. They quote the number that is $20,000. Then I ask how many months do I have left on this loan, they answer 32. I total up the amount that I pay each month and ask, OK, if I continue to pay at the rate that I am paying, it totals $6000. You are telling me that if I continue to pay the low monthly payments for 32 months, I will have paid the loan off. They answer YES. It doesn't make sense to me.

I have called at least 10 times about this problem and can NEVER get a straight answer. Since when is it more beneficial to pay a loan for a long time than to pay it off. This bank is screwed up. I have asked them if at the end of 32 months if I still owe $14,000 what are they going to do, issue me another loan? They have no answer. I don't understand and need some help with this. Maybe I should just shut up and see what happens but it seems to me that I should get this in writing, because I sure don't want to have to pay at least $55,000 for a lousy $30,000.

Worst bank ever. I only had it for 3 days and I'm already not happy. Customer service is the worst and the bank tellers do not help you for nothing and also they have a sign that says 24 hour banking and every branch is closed on Saturday when all other banks are open on Saturday. I’m closing my account on Monday. Do not use this bank.

My mom had an account with BB&T. She passed away Sept 2012. I asked for copies of her statements for the year leading up to her passing. They complied within a reasonable time frame. So far, so good. BUT... in reviewing her statements I noticed a reoccurring monthly charge for $12.95. Description reads: **. Does anyone know what this charge really is about? I inquired in a casual, non accusatory manner, if the bank could please explain a little more about it. I asked had my Mom initiated and authorized this monthly charge. I remarked I'm asking because I'm somewhat confused as to why my Mom felt she would need this Privacy protection. She was 82yrs old, never owned a PC or ever used the internet which is really what poses the greatest risk in privacy and identity matters. I summarized by also asking had my Mom requested this service or had the bank recommended to her, the Privacy Matters service.

Since my Mom really was keen on privacy issues, (unlisted phone numbers, PO boxes, things of that nature) I knew there was a good chance that she had requested the service. That being said, I can honestly say there was nothing in my demeanor or tone of voice that could be construed as offensive or accusatory in nature as I inquired for answers. Still, I just wanted to make sure she hadn't been approached by bank employees using a fear mongering tactic encouraging her to purchase the service. I want to interject that though it seems unpalatable to many of us that people and businesses constantly plot and scheme to bilk our elderly citizens in attempts to assault their finances, the sad truth is it's extremely common, and more revolting is the fact that it's mostly done not by street thugs but by educated professional people, such as lawyers, bankers, estate trustees, nursing homes, to name a few.

Do pay attention to that folks, keep a watchful eye out for any elderly you may know. Back to BB&T: As stated, I was calm and casual with my inquiries yet their response nearly blew me to the wall. The way they responded, you would think I had asked them to show me their underwear! They were defensive, arrogant, hostile and evasive. I never really did get my answers! So stunned by their response my mind went blank, I stopped pursuing the answers. Before I go on to the next issue I want to offer my sincere sympathy to the reviewers here that have lost substantial amounts of money to BB&T. I feel somewhat embarrassed in comparison complaining about a $12.95 charge. But it's my Mom, and I think she was taken advantage of. The amount doesn't matter to me. My Mom's estate is not closed and under the charge of a Public Administrator who took over last year after the first one abandoned his fiducial duties.

My Mom had two lock boxes with BB&T. Not being the administrator I did not have authority to close them out. Therefore I have been making the yearly payments to maintain those lock boxes. I have all the receipts. I sent them to the administrator proving BB&T was not owed any payments for the boxes. Yet, he charged the estate $330 to pay BB&T for alleged back payments of those boxes. Since I had sent him the receipts I felt this was an act of dishonesty on his part only. And since, have had a falling out. After reading about all the shady business practices of BB&T it's evident that I misjudged him.

Now the most likely scenario is BB&T sent him an already paid bill, and with assumptions of it being owed, he paid it from the estate. That takes him out of the category of personal dishonesty and just places him into the realm of professional snobbery. He believes a banking institution is above reproach, therefore my receipts must be a fraud. That's repugnant and ignorant, particularly since all of us here know how UNabove reproach this bank is! Thank you for your time in these matters.

Today is the last straw. Every encounter I have had with BB&T customer service does not end well because they truly do not care about the customer or the problems this bank causes for everyone. I'm sure most banks are this way; but having to experience this for 6 years truly opened my eyes at how little they care to help. ~$250 in overdraft fees for less than 50 dollars in purchases (which they conveniently hold as 'pending' until they can charge an overdraft). Rules they make up on the fly regarding charges. Needless to say this has not been the first time I have had such issues.

Waiting to do a check return - even though sufficient funds were in the bank; they bounced my check anyway for a $2,000 car payment causing a lot of problems. I don't need this stress and simply trying to do everything right by the book but continually get screwed over for staying with this bank. I REPEAT - DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THIS BANK. They are taught nothing more than to scam their customers for as much money as they can get out of you. I'm sure they will argue to the death otherwise but the facts will speak for themselves. All one has to do is read other reviews on here to verify the issues I have.

On 10/24/16 I went to the BB&T at 1860 MT Zion Rd, Morrow GA 30260 and went to the ATM. I inserted my card, entered the pin, selected deposit and inserted $360 which the machine took and it just kept saying "processing transaction" for five minutes and would not give me a receipt or allow me to cancel the transaction. I went into the branch to notify Brenden ** and Alicia ** the machine was broken and took my cash. Alicia checked the ATM machine and it would not work only saying "transaction processing". They called customer service and made a claims ticket ** and they advised me that BB&T does not control or manage the ATM's that Brink's services the ATM machines and they have nothing to do with the ATM's. I was told Brink's would come out on 10/25/16 to service the ATM to locate my cash and then told it will be Friday 10/28/16.

I called bank customer service because I have bills to pay and was told to call the Fraud dept 1-866-802-4955 and I just got the message "to hold and the first available agent would get with me" for 30 MINUTES. My BB&T bank representative called the Fraud dept for me and also had to wait another 20 minutes too and was told they normally take 5 DAYS but MAY get to my claim on 10/27 so I MAY get provisional credit by 10/28. PLEASE BE ADVISED. DO NOT USE BB&T ATM's for deposits as they have serious problems with their OLD EQUIPMENT that is poorly serviced by Brink's Security.

I would never recommend this bank. The way transactions are posted after a weekend is very questionable. I withdrew money on Saturday and Sunday. Each time my balance went down. Come Monday I am $321.22 overdrawn on my account. Each withdrawal I made 7 total included a $36 overdraft fee. Two of the transactions were for $1 each $37 for a candy bar twice I got charged. These 7 withdrawals had already been deducted from my balance. A transaction came in on Monday which my banker said caused account to overdraw. Which funds for my purchases had already been deducted prior to the overdraft. A bunch of crooks. I will be closing my account immediately. Do not do business with this bank.

For 4/1/2015 to 6/30/2015 period. BB&T Activities: There was service charge for any account. My Argument: when I signed contract with Citibank, my accounts were set up with no service charges. During this period, BB&T abided the contract I had signed with Citibank. At 6/30/15. My request: I made request to transfer all money from my Business Money Rate Savings account to Business Value 200 Checking account and close Business Money Rate Savings account. BB&T Activities: the clerk didn't do it and left the account open with $9.76 although he told me the account was closed. My Argument: why the clerk didn't tell me the truth, whether that was intentionally or just mistake?

From 7/1/2015 to 2/29/2015 period. BB&T Activities: There was a Cash Management Online service charge $35 from my Business Value 200 Checking account. My Argument: I never set up Cash Management Online service with BB&T and even don't know that I have this service with BB&T. BB&T never tells me either by phone or letter anything about this service. On 12/23/2015. My request: I noticed that my Business Money Rate Savings account had not been closed as I requested at 6/30/2015, I asked clerk to close my account. BB&T Activities: Again, the clerk said my account was closed, but actually left open with $9.76. My Argument: I really don't know this is BB&T system issue or clerk issue?

From 3/1/2016 to 5/31/2016 period. BB&T Activities: There were Cash Management Online service charges $35 from my Business Value 200 Checking account each month. There were Cash Management Online Business Banking service charges $35 from my Business Money Rate Savings account which had $9.76 each month. There were Cash Management Online CD Account Maintain service charges $40 from my Business Money Rate Savings account which had $9.76 each month. My Argument: in these three months period, BB&T added two other charges to my Business Money Rate Savings account: Cash Management Online Business Banking and Cash Management Online CD Account Maintain which I never get noticed. And BB&T charged me Cash Management Online CD Account Maintain even I don't have any CD account!

From 6/1/2016 to 8/31/2016 period. BB&T Activities: There were Cash Management On service charges $35 from my Business Value 200 Checking account each month. There were Cash Management Online CD Account Maintain service charges $40 from my Business Value 200 Checking account each month. There were Cash Management Online Business Banking service charges $35 from my Business Money Rate Savings account which had $9.76 each month. There were Cash Management Online CD Account Maintain service charges $40 from my Business Money Rate Savings account which had $9.76 each month.

My Argument: in these three months period, BB&T added one more charge to my Business Value 200 Checking account: Cash Management Online CD Account Maintain which I never get noticed and even I don't have any CD account!

The Keys: Cash Management Online service with BB&T: I never get notice that I have BB&T Cash Management Online service associated with my accounts; I never get notice that BB&T Cash Management Online service has fee associated with it; BB&T charged me total $1158.75 for nothing! BB&T Cash Management Online service charge changes without notice and agreement: At first eight months, the service charge was $35 monthly; then the following three month, the service charge became $120 monthly; and then following three month the service charge became $160 monthly.

There was no notice or explanation why these service charges keep on increasing; I don't have any CD account, why there were service charges for Cash Management Online CD Account Maintain. BB&T put charge on the account I even don't have! BB&T charged me total $75 per month from my Business Money Rate Savings but the money was deducted from my Business Value 200 Checking.

BB&T Customer Services: After found these unauthorized charges, I went to BB&T branch at Houston downtown and talked with Eric **. But I was told BB&T can only refund me $470. I want to know why BB&T decided to refund me $470 and why BB&T decided why not to refund me rest of $648.75? What's the underlying reason for BB&T's decision? When I asked for any document about the service charges on my account, Mr. ** emailed me fee disclosure on September 27th, 2016, which should sent to me on before the first day of BB&T took Citi customer accounts.

The fee disclosure Mr. ** sent me doesn't indicate the charges applied to my account.; After I found these issues and want to discuss with Mr. **, he refused to talk with me about the detail and told me that he can only refund me $470, TAKE IT OR NOT. After numerous arguments with Mr. **, and his manager Andrew **, they agreed to refund me $840 but still held my $318.75 for no reason.

I was charged an overdraft fee for non sufficient funds when I had sufficient funds in the bank. I made a cash deposit of $60 and a check deposit of $75 on 10-17-2016. There was a debit from AINS PREM UNITED/LBS for $51.35 charged to my account on 10.17.2016. The bank charged me an NSF overdraft Fee of $36 Stating: "Your account had insufficient funds to pay one item(s). BB&T paid the following item(s) AINS PREM UNITED/LBS" - $51.35 on 10.17.2016.

My complaint is that I was charged an Overdraft fee of $36 after I deposited $135 into my account before a charge of $51.35 was debited on my account. My online statement indicate that all these transactions took place on the same day, 10.17.2016. Therefore $135 is more than sufficient to cover a $51.35 charge. I feel I have been taken advantage of by BB&T through their NSF overdraft policies. It is unethical and unfair practices to charge me for not having sufficient funds in the bank when their online documents show that I indeed had sufficient funds to cover the transaction in question. I would like the $36 overdraft returned or reimbursed to me and this unethical and unfair practice be abolished.

I have banked with this company for years and it gets worse and worse all the time. They have continually screwed up accounts and have shown payments in their system that were set up on an auto pay from my accounts. Days later they will call and tell me they are calling from collections because no payment was made. All I get over the phone is gibberish. I have closed all my accounts and will refi so I no longer have to deal with this incompetent company.

Have been a customer with BB&T over 10 years now. I have several accounts including merchant. I have my business and my home with them. My business slowed for a month, first time in years I didn't have a high balance. I went to cash a check for several thousand from a huge company with references. They put a seven day hold on it, that is BS! I need the cash in my account now. They won't help at all, even we know people there. Stay away from them!!!

BB&T Company Profile