1.38/5

800 BB&T Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I have been banking with BB&T for almost 20 years. Every branch I have dealt with has always provided excellent customer service and employees who have gone above and beyond to help to me out in several emergency situations. I have used the online service since its inception. It is very user friendly and simple to navigate. When changes or updates have occurred, instructions are posted to assist with the transition. I highly recommend this bank and its online services.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I was grandfathered into this bank as it bought out my original one years ago. I have had good service but when I needed a loan or info in financing for my first home, I was not able to get support. I stayed as my direct deposit from my former job was attached and didn't want to go through the process to change. Again, I am sure they give good service to their customers but for me I use them for only some of my banking needs.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I am writing to describe the outstanding customer service given to my brother by BB&T Branch Banker Team Leader, Safiya **, at the Huntingdon Valley office in Pennsylvania during four visits over the past three months. My brother suffered a traumatic brain injury six months ago and continues to have memory lapses and periods of confusion. He required a great deal of time to untangle his complicated banking situation that had gone unattended for months while hospitalized. That time was provided at each visit in the Huntingdon Valley BB&T Branch Office until all questions were answered and the issue resolved. My brother needed banking instructions to be written and repeated multiple times. He also required repeated demonstrations to access his account using his phone.

The willingness to assist, the patience and clear instructions provided by Ms. ** were exceptional. I witnessed customer service at its best during each encounter and was so grateful for it. I have been a nurse for 43 years and did not expect to find one of the most compassionate providers behind a desk in a bank. I would highly recommend doing banking business at this location!

Original review: May 30, 2019

I bank with the St. Augustine Beach Branch. Donna **, Linda **, Torrie & Gina are the best team of professionals I’ve ever dealt with. They each acknowledge you as you come in and take care of you asap. I understand BBT is merging with Sunbank which we had the opposite experience with and moved all our money out of. BB&T in St. Augustine is the Best!!! I hope merging with Sunbank doesn’t alter that, or maybe Sunbank can Learn from BB&T. Just Ask the St. Augustine team, they got it down.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Just recently, I received a call from BB&T's fraud department, telling me that they had stopped a transaction from Utah. In the past year, BB&T stopped a charge from New England that was for meeting people online. Another time, I was in Sam's on the East coast, shopping for the month, and picking up medication. My card was denied, the bank had put a stop on it. Naturally I was upset, so I opened up my iPhone to call BB&T and discovered where I had missed several calls from the bank. I knew something was wrong and most assuredly, charges for a hotel reservation and charges at a restaurant from California were being stopped by the bank, and they were calling to see if they had acted accordingly. Embarrassment of the card being denied at Sam's was quickly forgotten. BB&T are not perfect but their diligence in monitoring charges far overrides their imperfection.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BB&T?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

This is the worst bank we ever banked at. We had to go into the bank every few months because of their mistakes. We were in the Gold Club and continue to charge us for fees that were covered by the Gold Club. We finally got tired of going in and closed our account . Best decision we ever made. We went to Fairmont Federal Credit Union and never looked back.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I have used this bank for over 10 years and would not change. Superior customer service, excellent location, appropriate accounts to fit the needs of many. They offer other services as well. A bank I can count on!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I have been so disappointed with BB&T in the past two years after being a loyal customer for nearly 30 years. It's the habit to deduct charges before counting deposits. The online banking will show sufficient funds but then you get slammed with overdraft fees the next day when items have posted....often items from many days prior that one would assume had posted by now. And they didn't post my xmas bonus check last year until 2-3 weeks after I deposited it. As a single mom who works full time and is working on my doctorate, I need a bank that will help ensure my money goes the furthest it can, not one that tries to capitalize on my lack of time to pay attention to detail.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I recently opened an account with BB&T, set up direct deposit, transferred some fund to the account. After couple of days: I discovered that I was not able to login to the account, call customer service and they kept on kicking me around on the phone and they later told me that my account was close. Nobody can tell me why the account was closed, I went to the branch and they told me the same thing. I hope I will be getting my deposit back (hopefully).

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I have been a loyal customer with BB&T since 2008 until today when it all changed. I called into the fraud department because I had been a victim to scam. Do you think they even attempted to help me? Not at all. I spoke with a woman by the name of "Silly" in the fraud department and she did absolutely nothing to help me but say "We get a lot of scams". I asked her if she told all if her customers that and she said "yes". Just a word to the wise before anyone decides to bank with this company rethink it. If you are in a bind with absolutely nothing to your name they will not help you.

BB&T Company Information