1.38/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

BB&T

Looking for a mortgage lender?

BB&T Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I have been banking with BB&T for almost 20 years. Every branch I have dealt with has always provided excellent customer service and employees who have gone above and beyond to help to me out in several emergency situations. I have used the online service since its inception. It is very user friendly and simple to navigate. When changes or updates have occurred, instructions are posted to assist with the transition. I highly recommend this bank and its online services.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I was grandfathered into this bank as it bought out my original one years ago. I have had good service but when I needed a loan or info in financing for my first home, I was not able to get support. I stayed as my direct deposit from my former job was attached and didn't want to go through the process to change. Again, I am sure they give good service to their customers but for me I use them for only some of my banking needs.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I am writing to describe the outstanding customer service given to my brother by BB&T Branch Banker Team Leader, Safiya **, at the Huntingdon Valley office in Pennsylvania during four visits over the past three months. My brother suffered a traumatic brain injury six months ago and continues to have memory lapses and periods of confusion. He required a great deal of time to untangle his complicated banking situation that had gone unattended for months while hospitalized. That time was provided at each visit in the Huntingdon Valley BB&T Branch Office until all questions were answered and the issue resolved. My brother needed banking instructions to be written and repeated multiple times. He also required repeated demonstrations to access his account using his phone.

The willingness to assist, the patience and clear instructions provided by Ms. ** were exceptional. I witnessed customer service at its best during each encounter and was so grateful for it. I have been a nurse for 43 years and did not expect to find one of the most compassionate providers behind a desk in a bank. I would highly recommend doing banking business at this location!

Original review: May 30, 2019

I bank with the St. Augustine Beach Branch. Donna **, Linda **, Torrie & Gina are the best team of professionals I’ve ever dealt with. They each acknowledge you as you come in and take care of you asap. I understand BBT is merging with Sunbank which we had the opposite experience with and moved all our money out of. BB&T in St. Augustine is the Best!!! I hope merging with Sunbank doesn’t alter that, or maybe Sunbank can Learn from BB&T. Just Ask the St. Augustine team, they got it down.

Original review: May 12, 2019

When I was ready to retire, I refinanced my mortgage with BB&T. The process was quick and easy, my bank rep was professional, and the interest rate very low. I'm saving so much money with this new low rate. And I save time making monthly payment online.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BB&T?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I'm just a normal guy Working 9 to 5 taking care a family of 5 and BB&T hits me with a 171.00 overdraft fees for a place that attempted to take 80.00 from my account 4 times. So they charged me 36.00 each time and 80.00 last time. WTF! And it will be another 36.00 if I don't have my account out negative by payday which is impossible. I understand I need to manage my account better but it's not easy when numbers are up and down due to BB&T slow processing. If y'all taking all the fees from me but not paying the bill that's making my account overdraft. Why even have a bank that's ripping me off making my life worse. I repeat do not go with bank. During the 6 years I've lost so much money... Called and she basically told me I was robbed and there is nothing they can. I suppose to study BB&T terms... I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND SWITCHING BANKS ASAP.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I have tried to make things work with BB&T, but today is the end for me. I had overdraft protection after 8-9 visits and calls that involved myself telling them that bb&t was just my “for kiddo” account. I paid overdraft fees close to $700 and that was AFTER I spoke with a few reps. I spoke with one today who told me that it didn’t matter if I had overdraft protection. My account is now closed and they have figured out a way to charge me $109. I am a single mom and I can not. Help. What services decide to use an old account. I will never use this again and if you’re a single parent or even someone on a budget, this is NOT the bank for you!!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Our original loan was held by a local bank, who we could actually communicate with directly. They sold our mortgage to BB&T, a regional bank, which we have had less than satisfactory communication with through the property transfer. BB&T then sold it to Fannie Mae, a large quasi Federal Government investment corporation, who BB&T cannot even communicate with efficiently (emails only).

The property transfer was a small lot to family member from a large parcel. It has been over two months and the investor (Fannie Mae) still has not approved a simple 'Partial Release' that will have no effect on their mortgage. So the penalty we get for having good credit, sufficient equity, and waiting for the process to be completed, is a two month delay. That is unacceptable and BB&T has not earned any favorable customer satisfaction. We certainly hope you do not use them for your mortgage and that they do not purchase your loan.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

We had to visit this branch the third time to get a bank card which they forgot to send when ours expired, it seemed like the persons we spoke to didnt care whether we got our bank card in time or not, 2 times she said if it dont come in 7 days come in again, by the the card would have expired.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I secured a safe deposit box at my banking location, because of insecurities at my previous address. BB&T, never changed this address and some personal checks were sent to that address and that is why I secured a safe deposit box. My banker at the time never informed me that I should secure insurance due to the problems the bank was having with previous keys, boxes, etc. I contacted the branch manager who stated there was no way anyone can enter into my safe deposit box without a key. I replied that my banker was always in the safe deposit area when I went to check my inventory.

The branch manager stated he will sent a claim to the corporate office, but each time I asked him about it, he gave me the same answer. I have been banking with BB&T for some time and I felt my banker had my interest at hand. I am told there is no camera in the area to check what could have happened. I feel disappointed and hurt that the my banker knew more than I did but did not advice me of some safety measures for my personal items in the safe deposit box.

BB&T Company Information