2. Finance
  3. Banks and Credit Unions

3.5/5 (597 ratings)

About BB&T

BB&T Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BB&T?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BB&T?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Told them when and where I was traveling to use my card and couldn't use it. Asked for replacement cards several times over months. Never got it. Asked why these didn't work. They just said they don't know.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I've been on hold for 2 hours waiting for a customer service rep. They've always been bad when I had to call in but this is utterly unacceptable. Also, when I tried to set up auto pay, the guy told me they would mail me a form to fill out and mail back... Are you kidding me. I'll never use this bank again.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I was trying to explain my issue and all of sudden he cut me of and literally screaming at me by saying STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP. I don't know how many times he said that but this kind of behavior it's not acceptable. And he cut my line off.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Took check for 550 to window, asked to deposit 350 and get cash for the reminder. Was told couldn’t do that. Had to be all deposited. Won’t be available for 24 to 48 hours. It was obviously a legal check from the North Carolina state health care plan. I was depositing almost twice as much as I was asking back and have been a customer with this bank for over 20 years! I do not understand why they could not give me a small amount of cash when I was depositing the larger amount of the check?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I don't belong to this bank but keep getting emails from these idiots say someone trying to log into my account using wrong pass word. Lying no good crooks. Never use these scammers for anything. They just try to steal your banking information from another bank. Criminals.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Client of BB&T. Now waiting for over 40 minutes for a BB&T agent. Is this the kind of service we can expect from TRUIST???? If so, I am out of this bank. Are they unable or too cheap to provide more telephonic agents?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

BB&T opened an account in my name without any checks, and I realized this was an identity theft issue. I called them 2X NOW to close the account, while they promised they would, did not act on the same. I am struggling to get them to close the fraudulently opened account. If this is the level of minimal checks they perform, I would not be able to ever trust their so-called security. I am struggling to get this resolved. It is almost impossible to reach a live person when I call and when I reach a rep, the reps who answer are limited in their knowledge or ability to do the simplest things. I am now receiving emails about overdraft charges on my account.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

BB&T opened an account in my name without any checks, and I realized this was an identity theft issue. I called then to close the account, while they promised they would, did not act on the same. I am struggling to get them to close the fraudulently opened account. If this is the level of minimal checks they perform, I would not be able to ever trust their so called security.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I had 18.13 in my account after a 140.00 deposit and they overdrafted me on a 16.28 purchase!! I'm really angry about this situation because I feel like They are scamming people like this! The overpay is MANDATORY on business accounts and the fee is 36.00! I'm sure I'm not the only new small business they are benefiting from like this either!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I have been a customer of BB&T for years now and today they just decided to close my account without notice. I was on vacation and my card got decline. I went online to the BB&T app and I was locked out my account. I called customer service. They told me my SSN has been compromised and they will file a ID Theft report on my behalf. Ok then he told me the bank closed my account and blocked my debit/credit card. I asked if he could get the block removed. He told me I would have to speak to another department. Ok did that and still nothing.

After speaking to 6 different agents and 2 from the Fraud Department and visiting a local bank where I was vacationing to show that it was me the bank manager called whatever number that was noted on my account to call. He says my driver's license number was off by a number but my address on the account was correct. He told the other agent on the phone that I was there. She said I needed another form of ID. I showed him my wallet size birth certificate, SSN card, DL with correct address and still wasn't enough and then he says file a police report and bring it back to him. I told him why should I when they were the ones that brought the fraudulent activity to my attention. This bank is the worst since the merge or whatever it is that they are doing. THANKS FOR RUINING MY VACATION.

BB&T Company Information