2. Finance
  3. Banks and Credit Unions

3.5/5 (598 ratings)

About BB&T

BB&T Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BB&T?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BB&T?

Original review: May 10, 2021

My parents had investments with BBT. I am the executor and despite sending correspondence to them at the address they gave me, they have never taken my mother off the account, and now they are not sending me the paperwork for my father. It's like they just toss all letters in the trashcan, and you can't even get through to them on the phone. Where are all these home based workers they claim they have? Because of this delay, I am still dealing with my parents legal matters. I should have received a check for the remaining investment amount, but meanwhile, with all the delays, the stock will probably go down before I get anything IF they do send anything. This is NOT the way to serve customers in the financial realm.

Original review: April 19, 2021

My company has several credit cards at BB&T in NC. When a Walmart 3rd party vendor failed to deliver items and took 2-3 weeks to refund our credit card, I called BB&T to dispute the amounts whereby we received no product. They "dragged their feet", sent 2 letters and finally refused to credit our card. There are many vendors holding consumers' money interest free without putting it back into their credit card accounts. Credit card companies need to support consumers with no hassle, timely credits to their cards and when/if the money is refunded to the consumer, the credit card company can debit the money. BB&T is totally useless on disputes and consumers need more service from their credit card company!

Original review: March 31, 2021

Went $40 in the negative and obtained $350 in fees. That's great when I'm a single father with 2 girls, now negative $400. Worst customer service as well. Not a single person was able to help me recoup some of these charges.

Original review: March 28, 2021

They closed my business account without let me know. Due to this I closed my personal account. They are not professional, ATM machine never work. Manager not available, but in his office, not able to step out and help his employees.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Got a boat loan through them, and first thing I noticed was how poorly set up their website was, no way to setup automatic payments online and have to reenter bank info every month, but the worst is I was paying extra to pay the loan off quicker. Well just realized they were putting the extra towards interest and not Principal, not even sure why that is legal. When I called them on it he told me to make my regular payment then make another payment for principal only if I wanted to pay more. I have had multiple vehicle loans and never experienced anything near this level of corruptness.

Original review: March 12, 2021

I would write 0 stars- but have to check one star. HORRIBLE. THEY no longer care about small businesses. My husband applied for the second PPP on the day it opened (January 25) and it sat in the portal- no movement. This was for same loan amount from first PPP which was already forgiven. It never moved. Last Friday we applied through Lendio- had an SBA number 48 hours later and funded 5 days later. WE plan to move all of our business and personal from BBT Now Truist to a bank that cares.

Original review: March 3, 2021

BB&T allowed a Unauthorized Checking account and a 140,000.00 line of credit to be established in my LLC. They did so without the signature or authority of the Companies some managing owner. As a result over 365,000.00 is Cash and other Damages resulted. I would not deal with BB&T, think about it. If their name was so reputable why then the need to change it to "Truist". This Bank has serious issues and they never have paid for their own fraud and altercation of documents. Hide and cover that's what they will do.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

This is one of the worst banks I have experienced working with in 30 years. Rude and unknowledgeable staff, ridiculous online services, lack of response, and decline on services with no reason. Even the district Director of Virginia is clueless about his job. Absolute disaster! DO not sign up with this bank. You will be taken for a ride! it seems like we need to give the bank the training and knowledge and service as opposed to them providing it to clients. It is absolute Chaos and mess now that they have merged with Suntrust! RIDICULOUS!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I am a current depositor with an account at BB&T and have been for over 20 years. Recently I went I in to cash a check. I was given problems when the cashier denied my federal military ID, & my Sheriff Department retired ID. The teller said, I know you are a current depositor but we only accept drivers license. While I have a drivers license it is now the principal of the situation. So customers with accounts at BB&T have no value to BB&T perhaps because of the trust merger. Warning bank somewhere else. There is obviously something seriously wrong with BB&T.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Our corporation's account info appears to have disappeared at BB&T. Because all of a sudden our account, email, SSN, ISN, etc., etc. no longer work. Because it no longer works we can even call them because their phone system requests the same info. I've had the same SSN for 55 years, so I know the problem isn't on my end. We had so many problems using BB&T for our personal banking we fired them. Then when I was made treasurer I saw I would have to deal with the incompetence again. Well here I am. They sold the bank again, but nothing has changed, only worse.

BB&T Company Information