2. Finance
  3. Banks and Credit Unions

3.6/5 (599 ratings)

About BB&T

BB&T Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BB&T?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BB&T?

Original review: July 16, 2021

The fraud department at BBT closed my case without looking at the "facts" and never contacted me to explore any details of the claim. This is clearly to avoid returning any funds. The relationship between BBT and its banking clients is not impartial. Small business owners are not treated with respect.

Original review: July 6, 2021

BB&T merged into Truist Bank and service has never been worse. During the pandemic I was not able to pay my mortgage payment through the website, which was my normal way of paying. Coming out of the pandemic and making my normal payments, the bank moved my payments to the past payment due, which is in a balloon to be paid at the end of the loan, thus triggering my account to show as past due. Last month I made 13 different calls to customer service and supervisors being assured the mistake the bank made was corrected. This month they put my current status into collections. Three calls already this morning and I have been disconnected, told a supervisor was not available to speak with, put on a calling list which I may receive a call within 48 hours!!! This is totally unacceptable. Very disgusted with customer no-service. Beware.

Original review: July 1, 2021

So I made a purchase for my family for dinner through DoorDash and the vendor canceled the order of 71.00 which when the order was placed the money came directly out of my available balance. I called BB&T after three days to see when would the 71.00 post back to my account. I was told to give it 5 days and then call back. This whole time when I checked my account I could see the 71.00 showing as pending deposit then on the fifth day, the pending transaction disappeared as if It never happened but the 71.00 was never deposited back into my account.

When I contacted cs they said that they don’t see anything of 71.00 from DoorDash on my account. I am still upset about this because now I'm wondering how many times has this happened and I just never paid attention. Everyone please check your money because this company is shady. I'm thinking of contacted Action 9 News in my area. I do not like being taking advantage of. I have pictures since the day the money was taken out to the day that it disappeared without adding my money back. I really do not want to give this place 1 star!

Original review: June 18, 2021

We have had the misfortune of dealing with BB & T since they took over our vehicle loan 3 months ago! Every month there has been an issue with our payment, with the last being a payment we made a couple weeks ago that is not showing up in their system, as if it was never paid, even though we were given a confirmation number. We've called 5 times to take care of their payment processing issues & each time we are told that there is a different (980) phone number in the system that neither myself or my husband have ever owned & even though they have "changed it" (FOUR Times!), the phone number still remains in their system! We have had the displeasure of dealing with multiple rude representatives & have even been HUNG UP on!!! We're going to look into changing long companies, because this is not the type of people we want to deal nor do business with... Especially for the next 5 Years! They are AWFUL!

Original review: June 11, 2021

I rely on paper statements for my own legal safety. There is no memory as firm as faded ink. Without these mailed in statements, the payments are not made in a timely fashion and I receive fines and hits to my credit rating. BB&T has been changing my billing status from "paper" to "paperless" on a regular basis without my knowledge and without my permission. I have called about this three times and their response was that it was my fault as I must have logged in and made the changes myself. This is absolutely meritless and is patently false. This may seem to be a minor issue but it is a profit-making behavior with plausible deniability they are willfully engaged in within an industry that's existence is founded on (violated) trust. Avoid BB&T.

Original review: May 10, 2021

My parents had investments with BBT. I am the executor and despite sending correspondence to them at the address they gave me, they have never taken my mother off the account, and now they are not sending me the paperwork for my father. It's like they just toss all letters in the trashcan, and you can't even get through to them on the phone. Where are all these home based workers they claim they have? Because of this delay, I am still dealing with my parents legal matters. I should have received a check for the remaining investment amount, but meanwhile, with all the delays, the stock will probably go down before I get anything IF they do send anything. This is NOT the way to serve customers in the financial realm.

Original review: April 19, 2021

My company has several credit cards at BB&T in NC. When a Walmart 3rd party vendor failed to deliver items and took 2-3 weeks to refund our credit card, I called BB&T to dispute the amounts whereby we received no product. They "dragged their feet", sent 2 letters and finally refused to credit our card. There are many vendors holding consumers' money interest free without putting it back into their credit card accounts. Credit card companies need to support consumers with no hassle, timely credits to their cards and when/if the money is refunded to the consumer, the credit card company can debit the money. BB&T is totally useless on disputes and consumers need more service from their credit card company!

Original review: March 31, 2021

Went $40 in the negative and obtained $350 in fees. That's great when I'm a single father with 2 girls, now negative $400. Worst customer service as well. Not a single person was able to help me recoup some of these charges.

Original review: March 28, 2021

They closed my business account without let me know. Due to this I closed my personal account. They are not professional, ATM machine never work. Manager not available, but in his office, not able to step out and help his employees.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Got a boat loan through them, and first thing I noticed was how poorly set up their website was, no way to setup automatic payments online and have to reenter bank info every month, but the worst is I was paying extra to pay the loan off quicker. Well just realized they were putting the extra towards interest and not Principal, not even sure why that is legal. When I called them on it he told me to make my regular payment then make another payment for principal only if I wanted to pay more. I have had multiple vehicle loans and never experienced anything near this level of corruptness.

BB&T Company Information