2. Travel
  3. Ticket Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.56/5

StubHub Reviews

Original review: June 1, 2020

StubHub used to be my preferred place to buy tickets. Their policy prior to Covid19 was that if a event was canceled by the venue, performer, or sport, you received a full refund. Stubhub changed their policy in the middle of the Covid19 pandemic in order to hold on to consumers money during Covid19 after many events were CANCELED. I knew legally that I purchased my tickets under the old policy and rightfully deserved a REFUND for the event cancellation I had purchased, rather than the 120% “credit” voucher they said they would automatically place on my account to use later.

After hours and hours of being on hold waiting to speak to a customer care desk to request my money back, I was informed it was correct I was eligible for a refund, BUT it would take over 120 days to process. Stubhub will keep my money for well over five months from when the event was formally canceled by the venue and MLB. This was a very questionable practice on the part of Stubhub, consumers were not told and no disclosure given that a consumer had an option of refund verses 120% credit. I've requested my money back, but won’t get it until September or October 2020 for an event that was canceled in April 2020.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I purchased tickets to see Billie Eilish on March 20 at the Barclay Center. Though the event is listed as postponed, Ticketmaster is offering refunds. Due to the fact that this was a verified Stubhub purchase, I have been left in limbo. No refund. Who knows when or if I will be offered any type of resolution and frankly, I am not looking forward to sitting in a crowd any time soon. If no refunds were forthcoming from Ticketmaster, I might be less upset. I will never, ever use Stubhub again.

Original review: May 28, 2020

StubHub does not give refunds. Now I'm out $500. I will never use this unethical business again! Stay away far far away from ever using StubHub! They will not refund buyers and are charging sellers. What are they doing with the money! Just another sketchy business screwing everyone over.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I purchased event tickets before the covid outbreaks then I get a notification saying the event is cancelled and I will be getting my refund within 30 of the event being cancelled. I now received a coupon for 120% of the purchase refund. My concern is we don’t know when events and everything else will be available again and this coupon has an expectation date of 12-26-21.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I purchased multiple concert tickets through StubHub for events that were cancelled in the spring and fall. Though the venues and musicians have refunded the tickets to original ticketholders, StubHub will only give you a coupon. They changed their refund policy due to COVID, after the tickets were purchased. So basically, StubHub gets your refund from the band and keeps it. The absolute worst.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: May 22, 2020

I would say that in light of all the recent Covid-19 cancellations StubHub is showing just how much they don't care about their customers. My event was cancelled 45 days ago and the refund still has not been processed. I called and they told me to be patient. I find this completely unacceptable. StubHub processes thousands of orders every day, I find it very difficult to understand that they need months to figure how to reverse the transaction. The date for the event that was cancelled has come and gone and still no refund. They have had my money for months now. I will not be using Stub Hub in the future. This is a terrible way to treat customers.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Purchased 4 concert tickets. Due to covid 19 all concerts have been canceled. Stubhub changed their return policy on March 24,2020 to only give credit. Absolutely no refunds. This is very poor form to change policies after they knew all concerts would be canceled, but before any of them were. They would not even return the $40 per ticket processing fee. While on the phone, I was also told I don’t know how businesses are run. This don’t need to be communicated to me. Again poor customer service. Will never use them again.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I bought a ticket for a single a baseball game. Mind you I have season tickets for this team so the likelihood of ever needing to buy a ticket again is rare. I was told after multiple conversations with Stub Hub customer service that once the franchise announced the cancelation I would be given a refund. Never were the words coupon given to me. With COVID I had 5 concerts canceled and every one of the concerts I was given a full refund of my money through Ticketmaster, but for stub hub I was given a coupon that I will never use.?? This is absolutely ridiculous that because of COVID they said they had to re-evaluate things and not everyone was able to be given their money back. I will never order from there again and I will go on every website possible to make sure everyone knows my experience and hopefully I will cause at least 1 other person to never order there again. Terrible service StubHub, Terrible!!!!

Original review: May 19, 2020

Already filed a complaint with the BBB. This place does not care about customers, they only care about collecting their fees for basically being the guy standing between you and the ticket scalper at the gate. Any hiccups in the process, and you're left holding the bag. $436.27 on two VIP tickets, over two months have gone by and I still dont have them. StubHub refuses to refund, says they'll contact the seller and, "ask again." When pressed on what happens if the seller doesn't respond, they say, "We'll try to find you comparable tickets." Um...NO! Those were VIP seats next to friends of ours. There are no "comparable" tickets. You people are lucky you're a virtual middle man, because I'd whoop yours, and the scalper's ** then and there for not handing me the tickets when I just forked over $436.27. Don't use this company. Let them go under.

Original review: May 18, 2020

I have been a loyal customer of StubHub for many years. Due to coronavirus and StubHub not providing a refund timely for tickets purchase, I lodged a dispute with my credit card company. Now, months later, I was trying to reset my password on StubHub to buy tickets for another event and come to find out, StubHub deactivates your account when you do a dispute and they will ONLY reactivate your account if you drop the dispute. The customer should not be penalized for a global pandemic and an account should not be deactivated due to a single dispute that was not my fault. You’re basically turning away customers. I wanted to reset my password to look at my past orders/tickets and to purchase tickets for the future for the upcoming football season. I can no longer support a business that holds its customers hostage unless I drop a dispute for needing my money back in a time of global crisis. Super poor customer service.

StubHub Company Information