2. Travel
  3. Ticket Websites

3.7/5 (1987 ratings)

About StubHub

StubHub Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

We purchased concert tickets earlier this year and made sure to purchase the insurance because the wording lead us to believe it covered any reason for canceling. With Covid we wanted to have the ability to choose for ourselves if it was safe to go at the time of the concert. The insurance doesn't cover epidemics.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I waited for more than 2 and hours on hold. They cancelled my purchase, just because those tickets went up in price. Their customer service is a joke, someone overseas with bad English and kids in the background. Save your time and money and buy somewhere else.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

Worst experience- do not trust that you will get your tickets in time OR get 24/7 customer service! Ordered 2 tickets for an event. Didn’t receive day before event on delivery date (mobile tickets). They issued me a refund only after I argued to get one. They couldn’t give me tickets in same section because costs had gone up. So I purchased a single ticket in a different further away section. Yep- never got tickets, but they charged my account! Sat on phone waiting for an hour and a half At THE VENUE because they GUARANTEE tickets before event. Ended up getting an instant ticket through Vivid tickets while sitting at venue entrance. Then add insult to injury- waited on phone over an hour the following day to get somebody to refund me. Will never use again!!! And I never write reviews, but want to warn future customers! Wish I had read reviews first!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I was supposed to receive mobile transfer tickets but received PDF tickets instead, I purchased 2 tickets and received 10 (the 8 additional tickets were somewhat marked through). This concerned me. I called customer service (I spoke with rep Eanna E. the entire 2 hours I was on the phone) and they had me send the PDF of the tickets I received. She said she could not believe someone would send this and she has never seen this before and she was trying to call the seller but they did not answer. She said she was going to reach out to try to get me replacement tickets or a refund. After a long wait she had me check my email and she had sent me what they called “fixed tickets” which was 2 PDF files, each containing one of my tickets from the PDF file I sent them. Customer service had been very polite up to this point, but that changed.

When custom service sent me the PDF tickets the first question I asked was, "Do the tickets need to be printed" and I was advised, "Yes they do need to be printed." I told them I don’t have access to a printer and purposely ordered mobile transfer tickets for that reason. I had already read in several places on the StubHub website that PDF tickets should be printed because all venues will not accept a PDF ticket from your phone. I asked if there was any way they could provide me with any type of mobile transfer tickets because that is what I ordered and I just wanted what I ordered. I was told no they could not do that. I asked if they could provide a refund so I could go back and order tickets that were mobile transfer and they said no.

I was upset because I did not receive what I ordered and they told me it didn’t matter because they were charging the seller and that I had tickets to get in so there was nothing they will do to help me. I reiterated that I had no access to a printer and did not feel secure with the tickets because I also had access to the additional 8 tickets that were sent with my tickets (which means anyone else who bought tickets from this seller has access to my tickets as well). Customer service then said that their sources are saying I can use the PDF tickets on my phone and they don’t have to be printed, I told them about seeing on the StubHub site about PDF tickets should be printed and they said they don’t know what else to tell me and there is nothing they will do, the tickets will work and the only options I have is to either go or sell the tickets.

I told them the tickets were for my daughter's 14th birthday and I was going to have to drive about 2.5 hours to get to the concert and I’ve very concerned that we will not be able to get in and just wanted secure tickets but they said the tickets will work and I can either go or sell them. I ended up selling the tickets as PDF and uploaded the “fixed tickets” sent to me by StubHub customer service and I ended up taking almost a $50 loss. Also since I won’t receive payment from the tickets until 5-8 days after the concert I can’t afford to purchase new tickets to take my daughter to the event. I can’t believe something so simple turned out so horribly. Just being curious I looked and was able to very easily remove the black markings for the other 8 tickets so anyone who received that file had all 10 tickets that could be printed and used, including my 2 tickets!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I purchased 6 tickets for the Red Wings home opener, and when it came time to open the tickets and walk toward the game, I could not access them. We visited the box office and they said the tickets were double sold and people were already admitted for the same seats. I called Stubhub and they refunded me, however there was no true making it right. They said the seller most likely sold their tickets on both Stubhub and Ticketmaster and the people who claimed them first were admitted to the event. Since my card was charged, I thought it was safe to assume those were my tickets. I will never use Stubhub or a third party website again, there is no "100% guarantee" like their website states, and it was clear when talking to their customer service representative.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

After 3 calls and 9 hours on hold my tickets were never delivered to my correct email. Now StubHub is refusing a refund. A lady named Stacey ** is their jackboot enforcer. I spent $160.00 and am now faced with having to file a lawsuit to recoup my losses. Please read review on this company. If there are ANY problems you will not get customer support. They claim a 100% guarantee of ticket delivery... A customer service from order to seat... It is all a LIE!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Purchased and never received the tickets, never again. They offered me $350 value ticket and accordingly to what the Representative said it’s more than the $250 that I paid for, the thing is, the $350 a ticket was cost $130 when I place my order and my current ticket cost $400, totally scam ..

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I purchased tickets to a football game before Covid-19 started, which was cancelled due the pandemic. StubHub eventually agreed to refund my order, after claiming initially that the event is only "postponed". More than a year later I still haven't received it. They ignore my many attempts to contact them, and when they rarely respond they claim the issue "is being investigated". It's obvious to me I will never receive the refund for the order I paid for, and I also will never purchase tickets from StubHub again. I recommend to anyone to avoid working with such a dishonest company.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I listed some tickets for sale a few weeks ago because a my infant niece got severely ill and we could not go and were hoping to make some money from the ticket sales to go towards hospital medical bills. One of my listings disappeared and couldn't be found in any of the tabs... wasn't even found when I went and looked them up on the StubHub website, either! I could find other tickets in the same section, but mine were not there. I listed the tickets again and both ended up selling?

I was on hold for forever and couldn't get through. Called back later to try and talk to someone and was told that I needed to pay $400 for the sale that couldn't be completed and on top of that, I would not be receiving the money from the sale. That means $800 stolen from me! Crappy customer service. They need to do better on customer satisfaction.. and not just for a buyer. StubHub wouldn't be a company without buyers AND sellers, yet they treat the latter, very poorly. DO NOT LIST OR SELL FROM THEM!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Stub Hub owes me $160 for tickets I sold and did not pay me. They just sent an email to my husband saying that PayPal didn't work for payment but left no instructions on what to do next. I called and have been on hold for over 2 hours. There's no other easy to contact them. This is ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

As a victim of Hurricane Ida, with no power, water, WiFi, cable, mail for 11 days, StubHub has added to our trauma. The sheer corporate cruelty exhibited by a company "selling experiences" is disgusting. I dare anyone to try to reach StubHub's imaginary customer service. Unable to reach StubHub - BECAUSE OF A FEDERAL DISASTER, they are penalizing us to the tune of $1800, for tickets we didn't deliver. BECAUSE IT WAS A HURRICANE & WE HAD NO MAIL, NO POWER, NO WATER. I have proof of trying at least 7 times, trying to contact them, sitting in my car, charging my phone. StubHub's response: according to our policy.... corporate jargon. There are thousands of complaints on the BBB about StubHub. NEVER USE THIS CRAP COMPANY- Be Warned

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I purchased tickets for the University of Ky. vs Florida football game. The tickets never came. I messaged them several times with no response. I’ve now had to file with PayPal to get reimbursed. I’ll NEVER use StubHub again. HORRIBLE!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

It's pretty easy to use. Lots of good ticket availability for most any sporting event. Of course the fees are a little rough, but it is what it is with these sites, they gotta make money somehow. I went to baseball games in Chicago and St. Louis (I'm from Texas) and StubHub just decided to sign me up for emails for those areas even though me visiting those cities was a one-time thing.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

My event was cancelled. I called customer service 3 times over a 3 week period (with 3 hours total wait time) and the first 2 times was told I would get a refund once “their system is updated” to reflect the cancellation. The third time I was told it was postponed a full year, not cancelled and that refunds weren’t an option, only to go next year. So I’m supposed to float $500 for a year and then try to resell next year, and you can make double the fees?! Whatever leader at StubHub corporate made that policy decision desperately needs a lesson in customer service. They just lost a loyal customer in me. Why pay outrageous fees if they won’t honor refunds? I will order direct from now on to avoid the middleman. I paid $390 for tickets and $130 in fees and what that comes down to is I paid $130 to verify they are real tickets, nothing else. What a joke!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I have ordered tickets from StubHub multiple times, always hoping the next time will be different. I've ordered tickets, where I was "guaranteed" ticket delivery prior to the event. When the tickets do not get delivered to me (happened more often than not), I would have to wait in their customer service for over an hour, just for them to tell me they'll "look into it" and not follow up. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE TO GET YOUR TICKETS THE DAY OF, AS THEY CLAIM. StubHub is NOT worth stressing over.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I purchased one ticket to the Texas A&M vs Mississippi State plus a parking ticket. The parking ticket came through but not the game ticket, so I had to purchase another ticket to get in. There was no answer at customer service on weekends plus long holds to correct the situation. Finally, I was able to get through a few days later after 45 minutes waiting, only to be denied reimbursement. Never again will I use this service!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I listed my tickets for sale and some time later they disappeared from my account without any sales information. I have had to call customer service twice and both times it took several hours to reach a representative. I was told the tickets were sold, but that they don't have any information in their system about the sale. I am now out my tickets and I haven't been paid for them. I was told that the issue would be escalated to their engineering department, but I didn't hear back before the event so now I don't have a sale, I can't relist them and I can't use them because Stubhub locked the ticket in my season ticket holder account preventing me from downloading.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Please do not use StubHub! After cancelling the sale of a ticket, they were not able to deliver the ticket back to me. Despite hours on the phone, and being hung up on after patiently attempting to get access to the ticket. I am out hundred of dollars with the only thing that I received was broken promises.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I purchased a ticket to a San Francisco Giants baseball game through StubHub. They sent me the mobile ticket for the game a few days before the event. I live in NYC, so I flew cross country to San Francisco for the game. When I got to the stadium, they informed me that the ticket had been double sold, so I could not get into the venue. I called StubHub from outside the stadium, and was on hold for over an hour before I hung up because the game had already started. I tried to get in touch with them another time, and hung up after being on hold for 45 minutes. Finally on the third attempt, after being on hold for over an hour, someone finally picked up. I told her the story, and she said to stay on the line while she consults with her team. This lasted for another hour, and then I got disconnected by them. To this date, no one has called me back or offered me any refund or credit.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I want to purchase tickets for a show that is today, only to find out that I never got the tickets. I went back-and-forth with the person that supposed to release the tickets, they're stating that they cannot release tickets until they get paid which is total **. If I paid you should be able to get the money, then they requested for me to send them more money through Zelle. After the back-and-forth emails she probably says "oh I have your tickets", sounds like a scam to me, I'm good. I'm disputing it with my credit card right now. But I had to purchased more tickets on Ticketmaster. I would never deal with StubHub ever again. Please ban this business. They have displayed bad business practices and has made it really horrible for other companies to sell tickets to customers.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I sold tickets on StubHub. Before I listed the tickets I updated my information on the Stub Hub APP due to the fact I had not used the APP for over a year. I then listed the tickets. The ticket sold and I received an email stating they were sending the funds to a closed bank account, which I had updated the payment information before listing. I could not find a resolution on the APP. I called the customer care phone number only to hear a recording for over three hours. There is no one answering their callS at their so called call center. I see the complaints against this online company and cannot understand how, by law, they are still allowed to continue to do business. The complaints are voluminous and growing every day.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I attempted to purchase tickets with my Chase credit card per usual. I attempted to add my card to my Stubhub account, but when they asked for my zip code I accidentally put my old zip code since I recently moved. On ONE attempt I was informed that my visa credit card was locked and that I needed to contact customer service. I called stubhub and explained my simple typo mistake and they told me it is a fraud prevention measure, I said, "No problem that’s good but can you unlock my card?" The stubhub representative spends 30 minutes trying to unlock it then says that it is “on the bank’s end.” I call my bank, wait on hold, they said my account is in good standing with no holds and they saw no denied payments from stubhub and no hold on the bank’s end. I call stubhub and they insist it isn’t their software glitch.

I ask the stubhub representative to wait on the phone while I merge calls with my bank representative, and got the 2 representatives to talk to each other and surprise the bank said it is absolutely not on their end. The stubhub agent tried multiple ways to remove the lock on my card and was unable, I asked for this issue to be run up to a supervisor since they were losing business and I was told I would get a follow up email. Days passed and no email. My visa credit card is fully functional on all websites and in person but not on stubhub.com despite all this effort. Stubhub has lost me as a customer, what a headache. I’ll go to Vivid next time.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Pretty much everything everyone else is saying about StubHub is true! Back in Jan or Feb 2020 I bought several tickets to Bonnaroo - which of course was cancelled because of Covid-19. It was over $2000! At first they were like - Oh it's only postponed, so you can hang on to them and they'll be good for Bonnaroo 2021 or you can re-list them...No Refund. So, I re-listed them...Sold them (for less than what I paid but what can you do?).

Now, That means StubHub was paid twice at this point once when I bought the tickets and again when these other people bought them - Then of course Bonnaroo was cancelled AGAIN! Was I given a refund - No! I was offered 120% credit for my original purchase towards tickets to other **...That was like $3000 worth of CREDIT on StubHub! But, I think there was enough of an uproar with people that the beginning of last month (Sept. 2021) They said finally - OK. You guys can choose to either keep your 120% credit or request a refund in the original amount. To which I immediately selected "Give me my ** money back!" They said - "Refunds will take around 30 DAYS to process!"

Well...I still haven't received my refund and I am getting increasingly concerned that I probably won't - EVER!!! They are liars! And thieves! Someone on Reddit was talking about a Class Action Lawsuit - I don't think that is a bad idea! Companies making money hand over fist should NOT be allowed to treat customers this way! And I know I had tickets from Ticket Master that were refunded in a timely manner- Vividseats I have some issue with as well but StubHub is the WORST! So, I don't know, do your research before going to a 3rd party ticket site - And be very leery of StubHub!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I bought six tickets to a college football game a month in advance. As game day approached, the electronic tickets were not showing up. It turns out that StubHub allows ticket sellers to wait until game day to turn in their tickets. Our ticket seller never turned in our tickets, so we were left holding the bag, with no tickets to the game, and no time to recover. This policy is clearly 100% in favor of the ticket seller, and puts the ticket buyer in a precarious position. Allowing ticket sellers to wait until the day of the event leaves no fallback position for the ticket buyer. And if you buy alternate tickets, and then the seller comes through on event day, you are left with two sets of tickets and no time to try to recover your money.

With such anti-buyer policies, I don't know how Stubhub can operate as a business. Also, the now famous lack of customer service was very clear. I called their contact center multiple times, sitting on hold for over three hours on two occasions before giving up. When I finally reached a human being, I was told of this policy, and that there was nothing that could be done. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that the contact center had no supervisors. There are lots of other ticket resellers out there. Take your money elsewhere. Avoid Stubhub like the plague.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Ordered parking passes a month ago and was told that I will be printing them out a day before the game. 2 days before I get a voicemail that I need to call ASAP as pass needs to be mailed to me. I am now on the line waiting for an hour and still no one has picked up.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Purchased tickets in April 2021 as a gift to the Grandkids. Told tickets would be sent 26 Sept. Guaranteed for 28 Sept concert. On date of concert, still had not arrived. Multiple calls and many hours on hold later, beginning at 7am. Guaranteed tickets would arrive at 10 am with follow up call to confirm receipt at 10:30. Then when that did not happen, was assured arrival at 2. Again at 4. Wasted day on phone to be told tickets no longer available, so sorry. I purchased from another site instead and will do so from now on. Have used StubHub for years but will not do business with site that lets their agents shop my already purchased items for higher bid elsewhere. Can verify all to whoever's wants to know. DONE with StubHub.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I purchased 4 Floor tickets for an event and when I received the tickets they were the top balcony seats. I called StubHub and told them to find replacement which I saw available online but somehow they cancelled my order and said none available so now I am stuck. When I was a seller once, I listed the tickets in error and they charged me thousands to find replacement tickets for the buyer. I think they keep the money and never really replace anything for the buyer. SCAM. I have all the documentation if anyone wants to see the truth.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Bought my son tickets for his 21st birthday for Eric Clapton back in July for a September show in Tampa. Tickets are suppose to be released electronically the day before. Why wait until the day before? Who knows? This leaves no time to correct errors. Anyway, tickets never arrived. Sat on hold with StubHub customer service for 1 hour and 47 minutes only to be told that there was nothing that could be done because customer service was not affiliated with Stub Hub. What?

So 3 hours before show time I was told that I would get a credit on my Stub Hub account, not a refund on my credit card, and that I could try to buy tickets for the event, if any were left, or to a future event. The situation only got worse. Never got the credit, so I had to pay double. Probably the most inconsiderate and shabbily run company I have ever dealt with. Don't make the same mistake I did when planning an important event.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

We bought tickets to an event, downloaded tickets with no problems. Went to attend event and ticket did not work, scanner stated ticket already scanned. When tried to contact StubHub it was a 3 hour wait time to talk to someone, which event would have been over! Thank goodness someone at the gate was able to help me with getting my ticket figured out and got in. We traveled far distance to attend the event and the tickets were expensive. Think twice of other options for you!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I ordered tickets for an event that was taking place on 9/4, and was according to Stubhub going to receive the tickets 9/3. On 9/2 I get an email saying my tickets for the 9/4 show won't get delivered until 9/7 which is 3 days after event. So the morning of 9/4 I fly from Texas to Colorado without the tickets I purchased for the event. For the last almost 3 weeks I've been trying to get through to Stubhub without luck. For years I've been using Stubhub to buy and sell tickets and have never had a problem until now. Not planning on using Stubhub's service, nor will be recommending it anymore.

StubHub Company Information