1.15/5

875 StubHub Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

Purchased tickets for NCAA tournament in December. Confirmation email said tickets would be *delivered* by March 18th. Delivered means "in my hands". Unknown to me, StubHub then changed the delivery date to the 21st. (The game is on the 22nd) I needed to resell these tickets but now I can't because the closest date you can set to resell is the 20th. Thanks for nothing StubHub! You'll never get any more business from me!

Original review: March 18, 2019

I purchased 2 concert tickets and I was denied entry at the venue. I called StubHub and they adv me I was covered under the FanProtect guarantee, and I will be getting a refund. A day after my refund I received an email advising they needed a letter of denial from the venue. I advised them the venue did not give me a letter, I mean what concert gives you a denial letter? Now I am unable to contact anyone because a venue is only a place the concert is hosted at and they are not responsible for concert tickets. Yet StubHub is stating without that denial letter they will do a chargeback. I ended up purchasing tickets from Ticketmaster for a different date and venue out of town since I was denied entry and I sent StubHub proof of my new purchase and they still did a chargeback. Why would I repurchase tickets for the same concert if StubHub tickets were valid? Just a waste of time and fraud. Do not use this company!!!

Original review: March 17, 2019

I purchased tickets from StubHub Dec 14th 2018 for the Bob Seger Concert. To my surprise, we went to the event March 15th, 2019 and they turned us away from the venue. They said that StubHub has done this many times and we were just another customer that was sold fake tickets. Embarrassing when you gave 2 of the 4 tickets to the couple that was with us for Christmas gift. I called StubHub and they corrected the situation. I will never buy from them again, I would always worry about going to an event and not getting in. Appreciate them taking care it though. Heads Up.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I have used StubHub for years for baseball games. I recently purchased tickets for the Pump and Dump show. The rep at StubHub informed me they were mobile transfers. I figured great they will be on my phone in the app just like my baseball tickets always are. The app read “4 tickets ready”. Assuming they were “ready” my friends and I set out for a fun night out.

We got to the show and apparently the tickets were sitting with Ticketmaster and I didn’t accept them... so I contacts StubHub and Ticketmaster via phone to resolve the issue using my email address and confirmation number. No one could help me and we missed the show that we spent $70 a piece to attend. I contacted StubHub the following day to ask about reimbursement and was told they couldn’t help me it was “buyer error”. Yet I am told Ticketmaster and StubHub are not connected. My tickets were with Ticketmaster and it wasn’t StubHub’s responsibility. My StubHub app still says I have “4 tickets ready”. They offered no willingness to reimburse us. I will not use StubHub again!!!

Original review: March 16, 2019

I bought a ticket to Emerald City Comic Con Friday general admission at over double face value. When I received my ticket in the mail it was a kid’s all-week pass. Thinking this was a simple mistake I called customer service and was told that there was a comment by the seller that it was a child’s ticket. I told them I saw no comment when I bought the ticket. Also there is no such thing as a Friday kid’s ticket. The only Friday ticket was a general admittance ticket. The only children’s ticket was an all-week pass (with a face value 40% of a Friday GA ticket). Also the order confirmation email didn’t mention anything about a kid’s ticket. Customer service told me this was my fault.

I should have read the special comments and the seller had provided a way in for a child on Friday which according to them is what I ordered. I asked about their guaranteed entry policy and they said that it doesn’t apply to this. They said I can’t resell the ticket as the event was so close and they suggested I sell it to a friend or family member. I never raised my voice and remained calm, but I was told that as we are not getting any closer to coming to an understanding he (the call center manager) was going to be forced to disconnect the call. I’ve never been treated like that by any customer service. Unapologetic and treating me like I’m trying to scam them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: March 15, 2019

First off, StubHub does NOT sell tickets, they merely 'list' them from private sellers. I purchased mobile tickets on March 13th for a show on May 8th. The tickets were not made available to me until May 7th, the day before the show. The 2 tickets cost $513 and StubHub charged $150.80 in fees for a total of $ 663.80. I ended up needing to resell the tickets a few days after I bought them and when I contacted StubHub to do so, they set the price at the recommended $221 per ticket (less than what I initially paid) for a total of $442. I would only receive $396 of that though, on top of the fact that we're charging the new buyer the same fees they charged me the first time AND was told by their representative that I could be "penalized" for not having the tickets in hand when they are purchased. I basically feel like I paid almost $700 to learn that StubHub is a waste of time and money. Just stick with Ticketmaster.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I got ripped off by StubHub. As I was purchasing tickets to the 2019 Big East semifinal. The final step stopped and said there was a quantity change. I went back and checked the same quantity (2) and saw the same ticket price I originally clicked on. Then as I hit button to purchase I noticed the total price had increased by about $50. I called in my complaint to no avail and I’m stuck overpaying when there are about 10 other similar seats within $5 of my original price. I will never use StubHub again.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I bought a great ticket for the Atlanta Braves and NY Yankees game, near home plate on the 5th row. With the fees, the cost was $134.00. When I sought to get the emailed ticket, said ticket got lost in the digital space. I called StubHub and spoke with four different representatives who were all very nice and apologetic, but could not access the ticket I paid for. They never could. After some three hours of phone and internet and mobile app involvement I gave up and said I wanted a refund, which I thought would be consistent with their customer satisfaction guarantee. I was wrong. I was told that the ticket was sent to me and that they could do nothing about it. Keep in mind that the previous 3 hours were spent on a futile attempt to get the ticket that I paid for. I will never deal with this rip off bunch again, and would warn others of the same BS they will encounter.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Bought some basketball tournament tickets, drove 500 miles and went to pick them up and was told order cancelled!! Reason was seller made error in listing price. StubHub policy say orders can not be cancelled, all sales final, and even says if seller didn't get what he wanted all sales final. It also say StubHub will replace with comparable seat when possible. They tell me there are not, however I showed them 10 seats in same row and same section! They say I will get a refund in 3-5 days, that is their buyer guarantee!! Very polite the whole time they were telling to to go pound sand. Been a customer for years and have spent 1000s with them. I asked to close my account because never want this to happen again. They said no problem. Great customer service, NOT.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Was looking to buy concert tickets for an English alternative rock musician, Yungblud whom is not greatly known here in the United States and is just playing at a small little venue. On the day the tickets went on sale at they were "sold out" within 4 hours only to find out StubHub had apparently purchased ALL of the tickets and turned around and is selling them at 3x their original price. The reason I know this is because after I had purchased the ticket for over $65.00 the concert ticket shows $20.21. I will NEVER purchase from StubHub again, it's a complete ripoff!

Original review: March 11, 2019

Purchased tickets online. Paid an enormous processing fee. The event is out of state more than 2 months away with a UPS delivery 2 days prior to the event. Cannot change delivery of tickets to electronic and there’s no guarantee the tickets will be received before I travel. Cannot cancel order. They have my money and I have nothing. StubHub should be forced to establish a 24 hour order cancellation policy for these types of situations. This is not a consumer friendly model. The only guarantee is that StubHub earns a fee and buyers have no rights. Stay away. Would have given zero stars.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I bought 4 tickets to Panic At The Disco on 2/12/2019 for the March 3rd show at the Houston Rodeo. I received confirmation through the correct email that I entered along with my credit card number. Printed it out order numbers the same night and set up Flash Seats, (that I didn’t even know was a thing or I would have gone through them in the first place). So we think we are good to go. My tickets never show up on Flash Seats, I call them, they let me know that I have to call StubHub, so I do. After speaking to about 3 or 4 different people someone lets me know that they have the wrong email address. I asked them to fix it, that I never used that email ever and didn’t even know how they got it. How did I receive my confirmation email and order number at the right email but the tickets were linked to an email that I couldn’t even recover because it had not been used in so long???

They're extremely rude. StubHub staff told me it was my fault and cut me off and couldn’t explain how this happened, and told me up until 2 hours before the show that there was nothing they could do and I was not going to be refunded. We were 2 hours away from home and ready for the show with 2 teenage girls who were over the moon to see this band. Thanks to my bf buying more tickets they were able to see them. I will NEVER use StubHub again, and would like to know if this has happened to anyone else. It may be time for a group lawsuit if this is a common occurrence. I’m pretty sure it is. Contact me if you would like to start one with me, time to find the right attorney to take the case out of pure principle. Shady multimillion dollar companies should be put out of business.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I purchased Trippie Redd tix from StubHub for my son. When my son got to venue he was told tix were not valid. Called StubHub customer support - they could not help and when I called StubHub next day I was transferred and referred four different places. Will never use StubHub again. The guarantee they give is a facade.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I bought two tickets for Elton John, in the 4th row. I paid over $1,000 each for these tickets. When I got to the venue, I was told they were fraudulent tickets, and had been resold over 8 times that they knew of. The woman at the venue wrote "VOID" over my barcode and said there was nothing she could do. She said it happens every day. People are buying tickets from the venue, and reselling tickets again and again, and the first person to the venue with those tickets is the only one to be admitted to the show. Wow! I'd purchased one ticket from StubHub in the past, and had not had that experience.

I called StubHub right away, and they said they were sorry, and told me "this only happens about once a day." ONLY?!? Now I wasn't going to get to see the show, which was a farewell tour that would never happen again. After 19 minutes on the phone with Nick, a manager, I was assured that I would have a full refund within 48 hours, after they conducted an investigation into the matter. I don't know what the investigation had to do with me, but there was nothing I could do.

I contacted StubHub after the 48 hours had passed and I hadn't received my refund. Another employee told me that I should have never have been promised my money back within 48 hours. What?!? He told me that their investigation was complete, and I would be receiving my money within 5 days. So, after 8 days, I received my refund. I wonder how much interest StubHub made on my $2,000? Also fishy is the fact that StubHub is the "official" partner of Ticketmaster now. They need to figure out how to sell tickets only once! Stay away from this company, and every other seller of 2nd hand tickets!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Wanted to buy 4 tickets to a concert and total cost was $346.26. Checked another site that I have used called Hold my tickets. Total price for 4 tickets to the same show was 158.04. Will never use StubHub for anything ever again.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I purchased 2 tickets to a futbol game over 5 months in advance. I planned my vacation around this purchase. When purchasing the tickets it took less than a few minutes so I had no idea what a nightmare was coming. I received confirmation numbers and could look at my account and purchase at will. I was able to set up delivery to my hotel and thought all was good. Then was notified by mail 2 months out that I needed a stadium pass that they do not sell in order for the seller to ship my tickets and if I didn’t have this pass I would forfeit my tickets and money. I knew I didn’t need it and after many phone calls was told I was wrong that it was policy.

I purchased the stadium passes from a separate ticket agency located in the country I had them delivered to the hotel. Once I got these stadium passes someone from Stub Hub international contacted me said that I was right that I did not need the pass and refunded my money. So again I thought I was back on track. Next a few weeks out I received another email making sure my hotel address was good and for me to confirm with the hotel that they will accept the tickets. I did all this. 3 days before the event I get a standard email saying my tickets purchased were canceled and I was refunded. No explanation.

I call service rep who says they can’t do anything and the stub hub guarantees can’t be followed because they already canceled the order. After going round and round I speak to a manager. He informs me that the prices now have gone up and I can just repurchase tickets My take is the seller realized a few days away from the game they could get more for the tickets and pulled out. Again the guarantee doesn’t apply. Lol my favorite part is they gave me a credit for future purchase. Like that will happen. Stay away. Customer service was awful from start to finish. And the so called guarantee is a joke.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I bought tickets for 600 dollars and they were a rip off. They assured me over and over again I would get my tickets the day before the event. They never came. I ended up missing the show and got my money back weeks later. Make sure you get instant downloads. You cannot cancel anything from them. I suggest going with Ticketmaster or any other site.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I purchased tickets in January for an event on February 16 in Houston. The transaction went through immediately. I received ONE email from StubHub confirming my order stating tickets would be available day before event. I waited until the morning of and still had not received my tickets. I had to jump through hoops to find a customer service number. Finally got in contact with an associate who could merely tell me the show was sold out and the tickets were no longer available. I had to scramble to find tickets on Live Nation for DOUBLE since it was the day of the event and we had a group of 20 going out to celebrate a friends birthday. I have called back twice as I have still yet to receive my refund. Their customer service is a JOKE! Never again!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I just wasted 2 hours of my life trying to buy a ticket for a concert on the same day. Charged three times got zero tickets. I was promised a call back to resolve the issue which I never received. Needed to spend hours on customer service to convince me to get a refund and find out how I could finally buy a ticket. Guess what: I couldn't. Never again StubHub.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Why is StubHub still selling a tickets for a cancelled tour of Boney M? It has been cancelled for a over a month and yet these pro-scammers keep sending e-mails with offers! Everybody who had a ticket to Boney M got their money back but some want to actually make some extra buck, along with StubHub and their $5 fee. The problem course is that if you would buy it then you have no recourse because they cover their ** with the usual crap about how they are not responsible for cancelled events. And I can almost guarantee you that nobody will do anything about these issues and the tix will be for sale all the way until the March 16th... Unbelievable!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

On February 12, 2019, I purchased tickets for the February 23rd show of Aladdin in San Diego as a Valentine's Day present for my wife. The seats were in the orchestra section and, after adding in the inflated service fee and delivery charges, cost about $150 each. I paid for and downloaded the tickets. Eleven days later, and about five hours before the show, I received an email from Stub Hub customer service telling me the tickets I had purchased were "unavailable." No explanation was given, and no telephone number was provided to call. Instead, the email stated I would receive a link to "even better seats" as part of Stub Hub's fan guarantee. I waited several hours but the promised email did not arrive. Each time I checked online using the access code I was given, I reached a message stating my replacement tickets were still not yet available.

After searching, I was able to locate a telephone number for Stub Hub customer service, which I called about two hours before the show. The customer service rep blamed the sellers of the tickets, claiming the sellers of both my original and replacement tickets had failed to deliver them. The customer service rep was unable to satisfactorily explain how tickets I had downloaded eleven days earlier were now "unavailable." All he could say was that it appeared the tickets had been sold to multiple purchasers. Since the replacement tickets I had been promised were also "unavailable" all Stub Hub could offer me (now less than two hours before the show) were less desirable seats in the balcony.

After conferring with my wife, we decided to cancel the order. I was told I would receive a refund within five days, but haven't seen it yet. I told the customer service rep that Stub Hub had ruined the romantic evening my wife and I had planned, and that I will never purchased tickets from Stub Hub again.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I bought 2 Bob Seger tickets from them for a concert in 2017, which was postponed until March of 2019. Then 2 weeks before the concert they cancelled the tickets and refunded my $500 purchase price so they could resell them for $1800. They are thieves and need to be investigated and prosecuted. The entertainers need to stop this BS with systemic scammers like StubHub. Go elsewhere. This company is fraudulent!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

StubHub just sent the tickets that I ordered to my old address. There is no way in their system to change your address. When I called to complain, my call was handled by a computer who kept trying to route my call to irrelevant departments ("Are you calling to buy a ticket or to sell a ticket?" -- neither: I simply want to update the address on my account, but neither that nor any general questions is an option for routing your call).

After spending 5 minutes sorting through this, I finally just told them that I was buying a ticket and got routed through to a rude "customer service" representative who simply hung up on me when he realized I wasn't buying a ticket and was quite angry about my whole StubHub experience. For this "service", I paid $80 in StubHub fees out of the total $300 cost of the tickets that I had ordered and that StubHub sent via UPS to the old address that I cannot change. I can't imagine using this "service" again. A tech company that can't figure out how to let you change your own address on your account with them? Ridiculous. Rock bottom. Never again.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Sold tickets on Stubhub. All good to go once I downloaded them! So I thought... The person that bought them from me, then created a separate account so stubhub couldn't track them and they sold them again. Having access to the tickets, they went to the show I assume late and contacted stubhub saying they couldn't get in. Since Stub hub guarantees their tickets, they gave them free tickets and I received a notification saying my tickets I sold didn't work. They also charged me a nice $45 dollars. Called them and told them this whole scenario. The guy on the phone said "huh... never thought of that" and then said "sorry you're still getting charged". NEVER USING STUBHUB AGAIN! Until they can secure this issue with a better transferring system.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I purchased 2 tickets in Dec 2018 for Lady Gaga's show in Vegas for May 2019 show. I received tickets within a couple of weeks. All seemed good. I just received (2/20/19) an urgent email from StubHub letting me know that my order was cancelled and tickets received are no longer valid... What? I immediately called. Yep, cancelled. And will be giving me a full refund. Well, that doesn't help me since I have already purchased airline tickets and paid for hotel in the advance (non-refundable). And to purchase Gaga tickets now, they are double the price (paid $1,000 for two... Now a bit over $2,000 for two).

StubHub's guarantee is a refund or replacement tickets (tickets might be better than original purchase)... They have tickets available but refused to replace my cancelled tickets for the same price. So, now I have 2 airline tickets to Vegas and a hotel... With the main purpose of our trip to see Gaga. And now, won't be seeing Gaga but will be in Vegas! Very upset, disappointed and frustrated. Will NEVER purchase tickets from StubHub again. And would not recommend others to do so either!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I have learned a lesson. Never buy or sell through StubHub. This company's offshore team is clueless and can do a thing. They don't have managers. I stayed on hold to see how long they would leave me. 1 hour and 20 minutes. Crazy bad. Just confirming what is out there.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Update on 03/06/2019: The original date for Chelsea FC vs Brighton FC was 23 February, then it was changed on 24 February, then on 16 March... Yesterday I received an email from StubHub, that the event is on 12th of May! And this is a fake date again, because according to the Premier League program, there are other matches on this date - Leycester/Chelsea and Brighton/Man City!!! In fact, а real fixed date for Chelsea FC vs Brighton is nowhere announced at this stage!!! I used the form on their webpage to contact them, wrote several emails to ask why they give false dates - they no answered me. NEVER USE STUBHUB!!! NEVER!!! Use Ticketmaster instead.

Original: DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM STUBHUB, THEY ARE A LIARS. This is the worst site I have ever dealt with and I will let anyone to know how horrible this company is. I bought 2 tickets for Chelsea FC vs Brighton & Hove Albion FC - Premier League, TOTAL: €377.98. The match was postponed, as a result of Chelsea reaching the Carabao Cup Final. And there is no fixed date for the match at this stage!

It is more than required to refund the whole amount of the money spent for the tickets, because In Terms & Conditions on the website StubHub.ie is written: "...StubHub guarantees the refund of the amount incurred in the transaction if the event is canceled. An event will be deemed canceled when a public communication made by the event organizer does not indicate an alternative date for said event..." I wrote several e-mails to stubhub.ie and asked for a refund. Obviously they refused. I made a complaint to European Consumer Centre (Ireland, Spain and Bulgaria). I will speak to a lawyer too!!! HORRIBLE COMPANY!!! NEVER AGAIN STUBHUB!!! NEVER!!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Tickets selected at time of purchase were swapped at delivery for much poorer seats. Price charged for these inferior seats was at premium price of selected seats. No exchange or refund policy. No one accessible to speak to. What a horrible, infuriating experience. I will share this everyone I know. Please do the same. Do not ever use StubHub.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Had a wretched time getting these tickets with absolutely no support from StubHub. There was an issue with the sorting depot which I assume was caused by the website that resulted in me not getting my tickets delivered on first attempt. Except there was not first attempt, or second attempt or 3rd attempt to deliver. After contacting StubHub they could literally not be bothered to help me get a hold of these tickets. "24/7 customer support" - absolute rubbish. Almost lost out on more than £200. Managed to only get my tickets 1 hour before the game. Ended up hating the whole ordeal and would have rather not gone to the game given how much rubbish I had to go through to get the tickets that I paid a fortune for. Would NEVER recommend StubHub.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

StubHub makes their money by ** over their customers, plain and simple. Because of an error on THEIR WEBSITE, something that I had absolutely NO CONTROL OVER, there was an issue with a ticket that I put up for sale, and they held *me* responsible for it - for a problem that the failings of THEIR USELESS WEBSITE caused! They took nearly $100 out of my bank account as punishment, and I never got paid for my ticket sale, even though my ticket *was* sold!!! Their customer service is absolutely abhorrent and essentially non-existent. They steal money from people, send them generic and canned responses when they're confronted about it, refuse to give out the contact information of "higher ups" so that you literally have no hope of getting any actual help, etc. Never again will I do any sort of business with this horrible group of scammers, and I'll make sure that no one else I know does, either! DESPICABLE BEYOND MEASURE.

StubHub Company Information