1.11/5
Based on 129 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: April 24, 2018

617 StubHub Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Thankfully I did not purchase Monster Truck Show Tickets from StubHub! And After reading the reviews on this website, my suspicions and own personal experience is confirmed. This company should be removed or sanctioned for RIPPING off customers. I was able to purchase the EXACT same tickets that SH wanted to charge upwards in the amount of $90 for $25! BUYERS BEWARE... Any company that is willing to take consumers for a ride simply to profit off unsuspecting purchasers deserves to fail. Nothing good to say about this company.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I ordered 2 lower bowl tickets for the Utah Jazz vs Suns game for Valentine's day last week on 2/8/18. $151.49 for both so it was a pretty good deal. I should have received my tickets by 2/12. Never got them. I called today, the day of the game and at first was told, "Oh there was an error transferring your tickets to your mobile device, our mobile team is getting that taken care of, you'll get a call back within 15 minutes." 2 hours go by and I finally call again, this time I'm told that actually the seller of those tickets sold them on a different site and they were no longer available. I said ok... And asked what they were going to do to make this right, they offered me upper bowl nose bleeds to make up for this. And the best part? I would not be partially refunded what so ever.

So the price I paid for my lower bowl tickets was now the price I would be paying for these upper bowl tickets. I said that's not ok with me, their only other alternative was to offer me a coupon to use for different event. I told the lady, this was my first time using StubHub, and after something like this, it was enough for me to know that I would have no intention of ever using them again so why would I be ok with a coupon? Ultimately there was nothing they would do to make this right. So I called Capital One and filed a dispute. Absolutely disgusting. Would not recommend to anyone under any circumstances.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My first experiences were good with StubHub, but their website cannot keep up with the demand of its customers. I had tickets for sale and I went to lower the price and it would not me edit the price at first. So then I deactivated the listing so I could relist it at a lower price. Then they would not acknowledge that the tickets were even on their website, and it did not return them to Flash Seats where I could use them. After 35 minutes on hold I was told it was not their issue and to call Flash Seats, even though Flash Seats showed them as listed externally. Their site cannot even keep up to show past sales and the attitude of passing buck does not work for me and I will be using a different site to sell in the future. So I missed the potential sale and lost the ability to use my tickets altogether, it not their money so they do not care.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I ordered tickets for a concert=$304.00. When I tried to download tickets there was a problem. So I emailed to find out. An earlier charge of 44.00 to them was disputed because it was not as described and was not able to park for an event. Because of that they will not release the refund or tickets for new event unless I drop a 44.00 chargeback. With that said, they should have never honored me to charge tickets for a new event. But they did. And now will not give me a credit. I have to go through a chargeback event, instead of them in good faith just to issue a refund. Very bad business practices, they would rather get a chargeback than honor a credit.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I feel obliged to write a review after last night's concert. Let me start by saying I read all the reviews, good and bad, about StubHub and was hesitant to buy tickets from the site. Just to put into context, I am a MAJOR kpop fan and Jay Park is my favorite artist, so there was no way I was missing this concert! The tickets sold out on event in, the official sales outlet, within minutes and I was left devastated. Then 1 month later on StubHub they were up for 4 times the amount of the original... I uhhmed and ahhed but went ahead. I went for the instant download option as I had seen reviews of people that didn't get tickets in time. Even as I was queuing, I thought, I just hope I get in. And I did! Both me and my friend saw Jay Park in all his glory front row and had the best night ever :).

So I have to hand it to them, they allowed me to see my favorite artist and I got my hands on precious tickets and made unforgettable memories. Yes, this should be illegal. But desperate fans will pay whatever, I never thought I'd fit that category but there you go. And honestly, I wouldn't buy again from them. I would go to the official ticket sales of the event and go from there. Set time aside to book the real tickets (so they don't sell out!). You have more assurance that way with possible cancellations and rescheduling that you WILL get your money back. These 3rd parties aren't obliged to do anything if the event is canceled. I hope my 2 cents helped.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

This was my first time selling with StubHub. I listed my ticket with all the correct information and thought everything would be fine. I eventually got an email from StubHub saying that my ticket had sold and to send it to the buyer's address. I did and then received a confirmation email that the buyer had gotten my ticket and that I would be paid. The money was put into my account and then 3 days later I get another email from StubHub saying that my order has been canceled by the buyer for "listing incorrect information" and that the money would be taken out of my account and I would be charged an additional 126 dollars.

Altogether 269 dollars was taken out of my account because apparently, I did not put "side view" on my ticket listing even though it was extremely obvious from the map that the ticket was on the side. I had no idea I had to put side view and finding that option is not right in front of you when you list your tickets. I also thought it was obvious from that map that is provided for the buyer. I contacted customer service and they said there was nothing they could do for me. I then got another email from StubHub saying that the original amount I was going to be paid for selling my ticket would be put back into my account. They never put the money back in my account and I have no idea why they sent that email if my sale had already been canceled.

Overall I had a horrible experience with StubHub and I feel like I was scammed by the person who bought my ticket as well as StubHub. I did nothing wrong and listed the correct row, section, and seat number and still had to pay the price because people apparently can't look at the map to see exactly where their seat will be even though it's right in front of them and StubHub doesn't care to help the seller as long as they get their money.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I sold tickets on StubHub for a concert in Vegas last October. After the tragic shooting that occurred, the band postponed the concert. It just didn't feel right to them to play so soon after the tragedy: Suddenly I had a charge on my bank account from StubHub. There was no prior notification or correspondence they would be charging me back. I immediately called them, and also contacted the original source from which I purchased the tickets. I figured if the concert was cancelled I could get a refund. I could not get a refund because I had sold the tickets through a third party. Also, the concert was postponed and not officially cancelled so the tickets are valid for a future date. StubHub's terms state that if an event is postponed it is still the buyers duty to determine if they can attend the event, or to otherwise sell the tickets. The seller is at no fault. I contacted StubHub and they immediately and they concurred and reversed the charge.

Suddenly at the end of December I get an email from StubHub that I owe them money and they have been unable to charge the account on file, and further threaten collections. Again I call them right away. The gentleman was helpful and friendly and said he would open an investigation. He assured me I would hear back from someone. I was worried about the threat of collections and he said that it would be fine and I'd hear back in a reasonable enough time that it would never get that far.

Lo and behold the end of January comes. I've heard nothing from anyone and on the 31st I receive another scathing email. Once again I am in the phone. This time the lady is telling me I need to provide proof that the event was rescheduled. The band reached dated in February and March. I sent documentation to StubHub within minutes. One piece of documentation clearly states that the postponed event was rescheduled and the original tickets can be used for one of the rescheduled dates. Twenty four hours later I receive an email reply stating that the debt stands and is non-negotiable because the event was cancelled. I don't even know what more I can provide these morons. I now have so much wasted time and energy, and now I'm a ball of nerves. I feel like I'm being bullied and have absolutely no recourse.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

So I sold 2 concert tickets as they were not transferable via Ticketmaster. I did make a misprint on my ticket, section 110 was listed, section actually 111. Same seats basically, just an aisle over. I was honest and contacted them. I haven't even uploaded my tickets at this point as they are not viewable to me until later this evening. They tell me they can charge me up to 40% of my ticket sale, it then decided to tell me they have already lost 60% as they are eating the cost on behalf of the transaction. SOMEONE EXPLAIN how that works to me... This is one reason people in the world are dishonest. You're punished for telling the truth on an simple mistake. This is utterly ridiculous. I asked for the buyer's email so I could reach out to them, and it's against policy, of course it is so they can gouge people and take their money...

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I bought tickets for 9th Oct 2017 Lady Gaga concert. Lady Gaga cancelled those dates. And StubHub refused to refund. They asked me to post my tickets for resale as the concert is now on 4th Feb and now with a few days to go and I can't go on that date I am left with 2 expensive tickets. How can a website not refund tickets if the show was cancelled for the date that you bought the tickets!!! Appalling. I hope someone is going to take legal action.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

The fee is very high for customer. The system cannot match the event conditions. If we cancel the sale, then we will get a very expensive fine, and the system does not give us the opportunity to accept the order or to refuse.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I’m absolutely disgusted with your business. Thank you for making it impossible for the average person to purchase a concert ticket. It’s unfair to buy out all tickets and then sell 4-5 times what they’re worth. You should be ashamed. This should be illegal.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Pretty simple and easy to buy a few good seats to a Dallas Mavs game online. Hours before game time, I contact their CS because still no tickets (via mobile) and I am told to be patient, etc. 30 minutes before and still no tickets so contact CS again. This time I get a "so sorry" and a call from CS telling me "Not to worry, we'll be refunding you..." Really? Think my kids who were shivering outside the arena waiting for the promised tickets so they could go inside were happy to hear I'd get my money back?? Congrats Ticketmaster, sounds like you bought a ** company.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I wanted to purchase two ice hockey tickets from Australia for an upcoming trip. On my first attempt with a credit card I received a message "OOPS there has been an error" that the card wasn't recognised and try again. I assumed the site did not like the Aussie Mastercad card or I entered a number wrong. Subsequently the first denied attempts became valid and I ended up with 2 x 2 tickets. On contacting StubHub help they suggested I resell them as they can't reverse the errors. I have continued to contact them as it was their error and am waiting on an outcome.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Purchased 2 Sunday BottleRock tickets for Sunday May 27. The ticket price showed as $243 each, after I put my credit card in and pushed the submit button, I noticed the total came out to $1000.60 for 2 tickets. I called STUBHUB and disputed the charge. I Just received a call back from the "Case Manager" Daniel (would not give me last name) in Salt Lake City. I was told that the sellers have the right to raise the price on their tickets at ANY time. Just so happens the seller raised the price on the tickets while I was putting my credit card in. First of all this is "bait and switch" and secondly STUBHUB has a flaw in their system, prices should not be able to change mid-transaction. All they could offer me is a credit towards future purchases with them. I have used STUBHUB for years without a problem, but why would I want to purchase tickets from them again, knowing that the ticket prices could go up mid-transaction.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

My 12 yr old daughter purchased ticket for Korean boyband "Wanna One" for IDR 6,361,189. She was told it is the official price for a front row seat. Ticket arrived Fri Jan 19 for event taking place Sunday Jan 21 in Indonesia. Ticket price is only IDR 2,000,000. What a rip off!!! If you are a scalper, I can understand profiting 50%. But 300%+ and scamming little kids??? And it is not the worst. Tried to call CS. But only listed mobile number. When being called I was told to wait for the next available agent. After 20 calls plus waiting more than 10 minutes each I just realized that CS only opens during business hours Mon to Sat. Why wasting customers' time, money and efforts by requesting to wait for the next agent, while the reality the CS is close on Sat Sun. Cannot do anything now. Except that I will dispute the transaction on my credit card.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I wanted to purchase two New York theatre tickets from Australia for an upcoming trip. On my first two attempts with a credit card I received a message that the card wasn't recognised and try again. I assumed the site did not like the Aussie Visa card and the third try with PayPal went through immediately. Subsequently the first two denied attempts became valid and I ended up with 6 tickets. On contacting StubHub help they suggested I resell them as they can't reverse the errors. As a USA address and credit card is required they suggested a completely impractical solution of sourcing a USA address and getting a USA based credit card. I run my own business and would never treat people like StubHub treat their customers; particularly when they appreciated it was their site error but still say they can't do anything.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Bought Miami Dolphin tickets vs Buffalo Bills as a Christmas gift for my husband. And when we got to the stadium and they scanned the tickets they said it was used already. Try to call customer service twice waiting over 45 min for the rep. Never came on, hung up, went home pissed and missed the last game. I was embarrassed and humiliated. I was recommended by a friend that always gets his football and basketball tickets from StubHub. I did check the reviews and they had good ones because I am usually skeptical dealing with 3rd party companies.

So I went online to chat with a rep from StubHub. They apologized and said they would call me asap and they did. The rep explained to me after apologizing that if I called them at the game they could replace the tickets or give me a refund. Which I called and stated I have screenshots of how long I waited over the phone for a rep after 45 minutes knowing the game already started we went home then I called again on my way home and that was a hold for a rep for 52 min. And I have a screenshot of that call. I was so pissed and embarrassed and humiliated I could not think. She asked questions and I said no to all of it because at that point I just wanted a refund.

The ticket counter at the game told us that only Ticketmaster can resell and verify the tickets not a 3rd party company and that StubHub is known for selling fraudulent tickets. That didn't make us feel any better. The guy next to us had the same issue and said he got his ticket as a Christmas gift as well through StubHub. Well what a coincidence. However StubHub you get 1 star and a zero for allowing this to happen with knowledge of it. Obviously my husband and I were not the only ones who were bamboozled that day which was Dec 31st 2017 around 4pm Miami Florida at the Hard Rock Stadium last football game Miami Dolphins vs Buffalo Bills. Obviously Ticketmaster and the stadium are aware about the negative issues with StubHub. I deleted their app on my phone and will not be using StubHub for any future events.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I bought a VIP tickets and I was informed it will be delivered direct to my family house then I receive an email for pick up then suddenly the location for pick up don't even have the tickets. I called Philippines LBC branch direct from Abu Dhabi just to locate it and know why I paid a lot for a tickets that is lost. Fine it was found and my family pick up the tickets and found out they were given a tickets to lower box which is not even half of the VIP tickets I paid for, they are cheaters, the online help was asking me to send photo of the tickets they receive and I don't trust them anymore, maybe they cancel it or I will not be surprise if it's fake, so they can take all the money, and she even have the decency to greet a Happy New Year after they scam me after they cheat me. You should all be careful of STUB HUB. Instead of making it easy purchasing tickets they would cheat you, don't even dare give them any details of your account.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

After searching various ticket sites for the Xscape concert, I was guided to StubHub via reference. The tickets were indeed cheaper and no visible additional fees (not even to download my tickets like another site). So I decided to purchase them. After my purchase, the price increased by $139.99!! When I called in to complain I was told that there should have been an option to click to filter and view price with fees. This was told to me by an agent AND a supervisor who then states that he cannot say for sure where it was located because different browsers show things differently. There should NEVER be a choice to filter to show what I am purchasing. They offered a $39 refund, but I am not happy at all. I will NEVER purchase anything from them again. It is unethical and deceptive what they are doing and it needs to be stopped. Just like the consumers can make Apple come clean we can do the same to StubHub for the bad business practices.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I get 4 tickets for a music festival in July, so 8 months in advance. I've paid 69 euro each to find out later on when they've sent the confirmation that the rate was for children and the normal price is 6 euro!!! Their cs suggested me a solution to re-sell them. That is to say, let's fool other people so we can have extra commission!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I bought Shakira tickets for a Christmas gift from StubHub. The concert was rescheduled for later in the year (June) and we can't attend. All the listings from the venue said contact Ticket Sales for a refund. StubHub does not offer refunds for events that are rescheduled. They have you list your tickets to resell them to another poor soul. The problem is that the tickets were apparently marked up initially so getting the face value that I paid is now impossible. This is a huge disappointment. What an awful business model and a terrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I purchased 4 tickets in the 1st row for the Chicago Bulls vs New York Knicks game on 12/27/17 amounting to a total of $1600+ only to have my order cancelled due to ‘fraudulent activity.’ After speaking to customer service the ‘best they could do’ was provide $100 credit to the account. During the holiday season, this week alone I planned on making 3 transactions amounting to more than $6000, it is now clear that StubHub does not care enough about my business. SeatGeek, Vividseats, Cheaptickets celebrate... You will now be receiving my business. Thanks for the massive letdown StubHub.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I had tickets for a concert I could not attend so I listed them on StubHub. After learning I was going to be able to stay in town and go to the show, I took my ticket DOWN their site. For some very strange reason, they are saying I did not, and that I sold the ticket. Let's say it was a computer mistake and for some reason my taking down the ticket did not work. (Even though I made SURE so I could attend the concert.)

As I got to the concert, and proceeded to my seat, there was a man sitting there claiming he bought my seat. After this person being rude and saying "What are you gonna do about it?" and "Maybe you will get an upgrade"... I tried calling StubHub but got disconnected as I was in the middle of a loud concert. In the meantime, I missed 7 songs of my favorite band. So I spoke to the people at The Forum. They told me whatever the computer showed was correct, if the tickets were resold, it would show up! Guess what... Tickets did not show up as resold. They assured me I could go to my seat (by that time, who knows how many songs I missed...) and it was no longer my problem.

Fast forward to now that STUBHUB is charging my credit card $150 (for the ticket I "sold") which seems ok since I did not want that money and did not sell it. But they are also charging $75 which they CLAIM it was to make the situation right". I am being forced to pay for something that is not my problem and got no explanation for it! I placed a complaint with BBB and the rep keeps insisting on "making it right for the buyer". This last time, accusing me of entering the concert and causing an embarrassing situation for the "buyer" who could not gain entrance! This man was right there when I arrived!!! Had I sold my ticket I wouldn't have spent money to Uber there and go to the concert!

I am sure that person watched the concert and got their money back, which is not my problem but I am not paying for $75 since HE GAINED ACCESS and watched the whole show! This is so beyond absurd. The Forum employees could vouch for me and so could my friends who had seats near me. But who am I to fight a corporation that big? SHAME ON YOU StubHub, accusing people of doing things they did not and charging them too! Next time, make sure you have your story straight! I don't really understand why I'm being accused of using a ticket and the other person not having access when the person gained access before me and I was the one embarrassed after all!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

On September 15th, 2017 I purchased tickets through StubHub for a November 9th, 2017 concert. Shortly before the concert and without any notification from StubHub, the lead singer was admitted to the hospital and the concert has been postponed indefinitely. They said the concert most likely will be postponed until 2018/2019. I have now called StubHub twice and spoke with two customer service representatives and a manager. They refused to refund me my $449.00 because they still consider the tickets to be valid. I asked them how long they will let this go on before they refund my money. They told me that unless there was official confirmation on cancellation, they will consider the tickets valid until the show happens. I cannot believe that they are able to do this. Do not purchase through StubHub.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Listed tickets. Received confirmation that buyer had purchased tickets. Buyer sent wrong email. Tickets not transferred. Charged price of tickets plus fee plus loss of revenue for tickets. WOW! No phone number for customer help. Very poor service. Read the fine print!!! Do not advise using StubHub!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I bought tickets. They were not delivered when I was promised. STUBHUB did nothing but say sorry, nothing they could do, talked to 3 chats before supervising customer service. I'm getting worried our 2 kids aren't going to Universal Studios as promised because they said nothing they could do. DO NOT USE THEM EVER.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Had purchased 4 tickets to Ashes Cricket 5 days before the day. They were meant to be E-tickets. It had not arrived even the day before. Emailed customer service several times. Got response, saying they are working on it and then receive call around 8 pm the day before, claiming, the seller has not uploaded tickets and they are working on alternatives... and will email me the tickets. But then get an email at 10 pm, stating they are sorry they could not find even the alternative and will refund me in 5 business days!

Very disappointed. We had taken day off from work with loss of pay and were eagerly waiting and StubHub does this to us. Not pleased at all. Had to email StubHub couple of times even to get a response. Had we been informed, we could have at least looked for tickets elsewhere. And for refund of money - it takes 5 days? But < few minutes to accept same. Have lost confidence in using StubHub in future.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I purchased tickets to a concert and realized I was being charged $65 in fees PER TICKET! They were e-tickets for $10 and $55 to sell them to me... EACH! Makes no sense. Then the guy on the phone tells me I should have paid more attention.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I have been a StubHub Member for 10+ years. I posted the wrong PDF files to an order for NY Giants Tickets. I noticed the mistake after receiving an email from StubHub letting me know that I needed to call them in order to avoid being charged, which I did 8 minutes after I received their email. They now are charging me over $500 penalty fee. I have listed over $100,000 in tickets over the past ten years. If they do the math, that is over $10,000 in fees and I guess that is not enough for StubHub as far as profit goes. After escalating to upper management, they said they are willing to split the difference. I strongly suggest thinking twice about using StubHub as they not only take 10% of the sale for just being a hosting site, but also take advantage of sellers if they make an honest mistake. Shame on them... STUBHUB THE FAN-SCAM SITE!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Purchased 2 tickets for a college football game, paying extra for aisle seats for easy access and better views. When we arrived at stadium, seats were 20 seats from the aisle, actually pressed against the end wall. Tickets were clearly identified as aisle seats in the listing. StubHub was contacted twice, once immediately from the game and then a few days later. No refund is available since I used the tickets. There is nothing you can do as long as they allow for misrepresentation of the tickets and add to their guarantee that the tickets you purchase are where you expect them to be. If they really wanted to, they could fine the seller and get the money back, but there was no indication that the seller will be punished.

StubHub Company Information