Looking for a ticket website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.69/5

944 StubHub Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Paid $440.00 for 2 tickets to Kid Rock at Treasure Island Casino in Welch MN and when I got there the people at the ticket office said the tickets were no good and there was nothing they could do. I talked with 5 other groups of different people that had the same problem. THESE PEOPLE ARE RUDE AND NOT TRUST WORTHY!!! NEVER AGAIN StubHub!!! NEVER AGAIN Treasure Island Casino. RUDE RUDE ticket counter people!!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I did a search by date/state for concert. StubHub pulls up the show and the date and location I need, so I think. I go ahead and purchase tickets not realizing it's a Tuesday not a Thursday and the venue is in Utah not Colorado. Within minutes I was on the phone with StubHub. I was now the proud owner of tickets that I could not use and I did not want to purchase. The rep told me I should receive the tickets in a week and they helped me list my tickets that I didn't even have for a show location and date I never searched for. Then they closed my sale add and left me out $120.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I decided to sell tickets on StubHub. They fail to tell you all the fees if you cancel. I listed my tickets half price of what I bought them for including insurance. They had been on there for a month and I forgot about them being on StubHub. As soon as I received a email about them being sold...oops I'm sorry. I cancelled and said I no longer had tickets in hand. They charged me $65 which is not the 40 percent they charge. I looked and there are still several tickets left. Just beware money money and fees fees.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We bought an RV Camping pass to a music festival 5 hours from our home. First, StubHub guaranteed delivery by Wed, then email wouldn't get it until Fri night (camping started Thurs). Had to contact UPS to get pass in order to try to get to festival before it started. At festival gate, RV camping pass not valid. StubHub no help. "Sorry, we can issue you a refund," was StubHub's answer. Uh, how about parking or camping since we are 5 hours from home. We rented an RV and friend flew in from out of state. I would never use StubHub for anything like this again. There is no guarantee StubHub will deliver and you will be SOL.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

This company simply can't execute. I never received my tickets. Begged for my refund after airline tickets for guest were purchased. On hold forever. Incompetent customer service is epic. Minor leagues here. Run. Worst service ever. Total failure as a company. Comical.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Resolution response: Aug. 6, 2019

After posting on multiple social media sites StubHub finally honored their fan guarantee policy. I wish I didn't have to work so hard to get what they offer, but I am glad it was taken care of.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

A few weeks ago I purchased tickets to a concert. The tickets were listed as 5th row center section. When I received the tickets they were actually row 22. I called StubHub and they confirmed I did not get what I purchased. According to their fan guarantee I should get tickets 5th row or better. They tried to offer me 13th row to start and said it was the best they could do. I told them no and they came back with 11th row. They told me this was the best I was going to get. They had plenty of seats available that were as good or better than what I bought and didn't receive, but they wouldn't honor their policies.

Now I bought a parking pass that was labelled as VIP Lot E. I received a general admission pass from the seller. Nothing on the pass has VIP or LOT E. I paid 3x the price of a general admission pass. They refuse to help. They said I have to go to the venue and try and get into Lot E with a general admission pass. How embarrassing and time consuming is this going to be in Los Angeles? This is completely unacceptable. Please do yourself a favor and do not purchase anything from StubHub. Their guarantees are fake and the customer service is terrible!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Bought tickets, got charged, got told tickets were transferred to me, I did not find them. 1 day later I called, they told me they had checked with the seller and made me check my emails and call them back, kept me on hold for 20 min at 2nd call while talking to seller, then told me that the seller himself had just bought them to sell on but had not received them. They have an insurance to refund me or give me new tickets, but they insisted that they sort out why the seller who bought the tickets through their platform did not get his tickets. They would make his seller send me directly, but they could not reach him. It is 7h after my first call that I asked to send me a refund as they were not able to give me this or other tickets.

Unfortunately I did not get to go to the concert now and had to cancel the babysitter. Most disappointing is that they write I have the tickets although they dont. Also my seller who they did not name first wrongly told them apparently that he had sent me the tickets. It is a platform for fraudsters. They know and seem to be ok with that. If you dont have idle cash to lose and really want to go to a concert - buy elsewhere. Very very frustrating. Very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I have been buying baseball and hockey tickets on Stubhub for over 10 years and have never had a problem. The tickets were always described as "instant download" and within minutes were emailed to me as a PDF file and I was able to print them and use for entrance. However this year I noticed the tickets were listed as "mobile ticket-instant".

I recently attempted to purchase tickets to an MLB game. Thinking "mobile ticket-instant" means either mobile or instant download, I proceeded to checkout where I read "straight to the Stubhub app - and your Stubhub account - on your phone within minutes." What's that mean? Do the tickets go to my phone? Are they also on my account available to be printed? Are they still downloaded to my computer? The help section says some mobile tickets can not be printed, but what about "mobile tickets-instant".

Fortunately I was able to chat with a CSR before I made the purchase. The rep said that due to Stubhub's agreement with MLB, all tickets are now mobile phone only. You must have a smartphone to get them and they are not able to be printed. So those of us like myself who do not have smartphones are out of luck. I'm not sure who drove this decision, MLB or Stubhub. But what got me was the lack of information on Stubhub's website. Unlike other ticket sites I visited after this experience, nowhere on Stubhub's site does it state that you must have a smartphone to use these tickets. And despite being a long term customer I received no notice from Stubhub that the ticket delivery method was changing. (I did not purchase any tickets from them last year, however I had in 2017 and my account was still active.)

I'm amazed that Stubhub/MLB could make such a change and completely disregard the 20% of us without smartphones, but Stubhub not only implemented the change without notice, they use misleading terminology that could easily lead someone to believe the tickets are also available for download and printing. I really think they hope people without smartphones still purchase the tickets and then find out the hard way you can't use them. So this is a warning to folks. Unless the tickets say "mobile or print" (like NHL tix) you MUST have a smartphone as you can not print mobile tickets.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

The Ranger/Angels game was rescheduled for Aug 8 at 1pm. I can not use the tickets and tried listing them for sale. No refund...I'm out 175.00.. Most people work during the day. They would not offer another game in the evening.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

If there was a way to give zero stars to StubHub, I would. Never do business with them. I listed a ticket that was available as an eticket through Ticketmaster. They took all this info and the ticket was listed. I was not in cell coverage area for some hours afterwards. They claim my ticket was sold and since I didn't transfer my ticket, they sold the buyer another ticket and charged me for the difference between the selling price of my ticket and the price of the ticket they did sell to the buyer. WTF? They sold someone else's ticket instead, got paid in full for that ticket, remitted something less to that seller, and then charged me for the difference what I listed my ticket for and what they "had" to pay to get the buyer a ticket.

So they're making money from both the actual seller and me (the seller who didn't actually sell my ticket because I wasn't aware that it had sold or aware that some further action is required even after I list an eticket for sale). How they're allowed to stay in business by scamming two sellers and one buyer is beyond me. Buyer/Seller beware, never do business with StubHub.

StubHub Company Information