3.7/5 (2125 ratings)

About StubHub

StubHub Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I purchased tickets for the University of Ky. vs Florida football game. The tickets never came. I messaged them several times with no response. I’ve now had to file with PayPal to get reimbursed. I’ll NEVER use StubHub again. HORRIBLE!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

It's pretty easy to use. Lots of good ticket availability for most any sporting event. Of course the fees are a little rough, but it is what it is with these sites, they gotta make money somehow. I went to baseball games in Chicago and St. Louis (I'm from Texas) and StubHub just decided to sign me up for emails for those areas even though me visiting those cities was a one-time thing.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

My event was cancelled. I called customer service 3 times over a 3 week period (with 3 hours total wait time) and the first 2 times was told I would get a refund once “their system is updated” to reflect the cancellation. The third time I was told it was postponed a full year, not cancelled and that refunds weren’t an option, only to go next year. So I’m supposed to float $500 for a year and then try to resell next year, and you can make double the fees?! Whatever leader at StubHub corporate made that policy decision desperately needs a lesson in customer service. They just lost a loyal customer in me. Why pay outrageous fees if they won’t honor refunds? I will order direct from now on to avoid the middleman. I paid $390 for tickets and $130 in fees and what that comes down to is I paid $130 to verify they are real tickets, nothing else. What a joke!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I have ordered tickets from StubHub multiple times, always hoping the next time will be different. I've ordered tickets, where I was "guaranteed" ticket delivery prior to the event. When the tickets do not get delivered to me (happened more often than not), I would have to wait in their customer service for over an hour, just for them to tell me they'll "look into it" and not follow up. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE TO GET YOUR TICKETS THE DAY OF, AS THEY CLAIM. StubHub is NOT worth stressing over.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I purchased one ticket to the Texas A&M vs Mississippi State plus a parking ticket. The parking ticket came through but not the game ticket, so I had to purchase another ticket to get in. There was no answer at customer service on weekends plus long holds to correct the situation. Finally, I was able to get through a few days later after 45 minutes waiting, only to be denied reimbursement. Never again will I use this service!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I listed my tickets for sale and some time later they disappeared from my account without any sales information. I have had to call customer service twice and both times it took several hours to reach a representative. I was told the tickets were sold, but that they don't have any information in their system about the sale. I am now out my tickets and I haven't been paid for them. I was told that the issue would be escalated to their engineering department, but I didn't hear back before the event so now I don't have a sale, I can't relist them and I can't use them because Stubhub locked the ticket in my season ticket holder account preventing me from downloading.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Please do not use StubHub! After cancelling the sale of a ticket, they were not able to deliver the ticket back to me. Despite hours on the phone, and being hung up on after patiently attempting to get access to the ticket. I am out hundred of dollars with the only thing that I received was broken promises.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I purchased a ticket to a San Francisco Giants baseball game through StubHub. They sent me the mobile ticket for the game a few days before the event. I live in NYC, so I flew cross country to San Francisco for the game. When I got to the stadium, they informed me that the ticket had been double sold, so I could not get into the venue. I called StubHub from outside the stadium, and was on hold for over an hour before I hung up because the game had already started. I tried to get in touch with them another time, and hung up after being on hold for 45 minutes. Finally on the third attempt, after being on hold for over an hour, someone finally picked up. I told her the story, and she said to stay on the line while she consults with her team. This lasted for another hour, and then I got disconnected by them. To this date, no one has called me back or offered me any refund or credit.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I want to purchase tickets for a show that is today, only to find out that I never got the tickets. I went back-and-forth with the person that supposed to release the tickets, they're stating that they cannot release tickets until they get paid which is total **. If I paid you should be able to get the money, then they requested for me to send them more money through Zelle. After the back-and-forth emails she probably says "oh I have your tickets", sounds like a scam to me, I'm good. I'm disputing it with my credit card right now. But I had to purchased more tickets on Ticketmaster. I would never deal with StubHub ever again. Please ban this business. They have displayed bad business practices and has made it really horrible for other companies to sell tickets to customers.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I sold tickets on StubHub. Before I listed the tickets I updated my information on the Stub Hub APP due to the fact I had not used the APP for over a year. I then listed the tickets. The ticket sold and I received an email stating they were sending the funds to a closed bank account, which I had updated the payment information before listing. I could not find a resolution on the APP. I called the customer care phone number only to hear a recording for over three hours. There is no one answering their callS at their so called call center. I see the complaints against this online company and cannot understand how, by law, they are still allowed to continue to do business. The complaints are voluminous and growing every day.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I attempted to purchase tickets with my Chase credit card per usual. I attempted to add my card to my Stubhub account, but when they asked for my zip code I accidentally put my old zip code since I recently moved. On ONE attempt I was informed that my visa credit card was locked and that I needed to contact customer service. I called stubhub and explained my simple typo mistake and they told me it is a fraud prevention measure, I said, "No problem that’s good but can you unlock my card?" The stubhub representative spends 30 minutes trying to unlock it then says that it is “on the bank’s end.” I call my bank, wait on hold, they said my account is in good standing with no holds and they saw no denied payments from stubhub and no hold on the bank’s end. I call stubhub and they insist it isn’t their software glitch.

I ask the stubhub representative to wait on the phone while I merge calls with my bank representative, and got the 2 representatives to talk to each other and surprise the bank said it is absolutely not on their end. The stubhub agent tried multiple ways to remove the lock on my card and was unable, I asked for this issue to be run up to a supervisor since they were losing business and I was told I would get a follow up email. Days passed and no email. My visa credit card is fully functional on all websites and in person but not on stubhub.com despite all this effort. Stubhub has lost me as a customer, what a headache. I’ll go to Vivid next time.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Pretty much everything everyone else is saying about StubHub is true! Back in Jan or Feb 2020 I bought several tickets to Bonnaroo - which of course was cancelled because of Covid-19. It was over $2000! At first they were like - Oh it's only postponed, so you can hang on to them and they'll be good for Bonnaroo 2021 or you can re-list them...No Refund. So, I re-listed them...Sold them (for less than what I paid but what can you do?).

Now, That means StubHub was paid twice at this point once when I bought the tickets and again when these other people bought them - Then of course Bonnaroo was cancelled AGAIN! Was I given a refund - No! I was offered 120% credit for my original purchase towards tickets to other **...That was like $3000 worth of CREDIT on StubHub! But, I think there was enough of an uproar with people that the beginning of last month (Sept. 2021) They said finally - OK. You guys can choose to either keep your 120% credit or request a refund in the original amount. To which I immediately selected "Give me my ** money back!" They said - "Refunds will take around 30 DAYS to process!"

Well...I still haven't received my refund and I am getting increasingly concerned that I probably won't - EVER!!! They are liars! And thieves! Someone on Reddit was talking about a Class Action Lawsuit - I don't think that is a bad idea! Companies making money hand over fist should NOT be allowed to treat customers this way! And I know I had tickets from Ticket Master that were refunded in a timely manner- Vividseats I have some issue with as well but StubHub is the WORST! So, I don't know, do your research before going to a 3rd party ticket site - And be very leery of StubHub!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I bought six tickets to a college football game a month in advance. As game day approached, the electronic tickets were not showing up. It turns out that StubHub allows ticket sellers to wait until game day to turn in their tickets. Our ticket seller never turned in our tickets, so we were left holding the bag, with no tickets to the game, and no time to recover. This policy is clearly 100% in favor of the ticket seller, and puts the ticket buyer in a precarious position. Allowing ticket sellers to wait until the day of the event leaves no fallback position for the ticket buyer. And if you buy alternate tickets, and then the seller comes through on event day, you are left with two sets of tickets and no time to try to recover your money.

With such anti-buyer policies, I don't know how Stubhub can operate as a business. Also, the now famous lack of customer service was very clear. I called their contact center multiple times, sitting on hold for over three hours on two occasions before giving up. When I finally reached a human being, I was told of this policy, and that there was nothing that could be done. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that the contact center had no supervisors. There are lots of other ticket resellers out there. Take your money elsewhere. Avoid Stubhub like the plague.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Ordered parking passes a month ago and was told that I will be printing them out a day before the game. 2 days before I get a voicemail that I need to call ASAP as pass needs to be mailed to me. I am now on the line waiting for an hour and still no one has picked up.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Purchased tickets in April 2021 as a gift to the Grandkids. Told tickets would be sent 26 Sept. Guaranteed for 28 Sept concert. On date of concert, still had not arrived. Multiple calls and many hours on hold later, beginning at 7am. Guaranteed tickets would arrive at 10 am with follow up call to confirm receipt at 10:30. Then when that did not happen, was assured arrival at 2. Again at 4. Wasted day on phone to be told tickets no longer available, so sorry. I purchased from another site instead and will do so from now on. Have used StubHub for years but will not do business with site that lets their agents shop my already purchased items for higher bid elsewhere. Can verify all to whoever's wants to know. DONE with StubHub.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I purchased 4 Floor tickets for an event and when I received the tickets they were the top balcony seats. I called StubHub and told them to find replacement which I saw available online but somehow they cancelled my order and said none available so now I am stuck. When I was a seller once, I listed the tickets in error and they charged me thousands to find replacement tickets for the buyer. I think they keep the money and never really replace anything for the buyer. SCAM. I have all the documentation if anyone wants to see the truth.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Bought my son tickets for his 21st birthday for Eric Clapton back in July for a September show in Tampa. Tickets are suppose to be released electronically the day before. Why wait until the day before? Who knows? This leaves no time to correct errors. Anyway, tickets never arrived. Sat on hold with StubHub customer service for 1 hour and 47 minutes only to be told that there was nothing that could be done because customer service was not affiliated with Stub Hub. What?

So 3 hours before show time I was told that I would get a credit on my Stub Hub account, not a refund on my credit card, and that I could try to buy tickets for the event, if any were left, or to a future event. The situation only got worse. Never got the credit, so I had to pay double. Probably the most inconsiderate and shabbily run company I have ever dealt with. Don't make the same mistake I did when planning an important event.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

We bought tickets to an event, downloaded tickets with no problems. Went to attend event and ticket did not work, scanner stated ticket already scanned. When tried to contact StubHub it was a 3 hour wait time to talk to someone, which event would have been over! Thank goodness someone at the gate was able to help me with getting my ticket figured out and got in. We traveled far distance to attend the event and the tickets were expensive. Think twice of other options for you!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I ordered tickets for an event that was taking place on 9/4, and was according to Stubhub going to receive the tickets 9/3. On 9/2 I get an email saying my tickets for the 9/4 show won't get delivered until 9/7 which is 3 days after event. So the morning of 9/4 I fly from Texas to Colorado without the tickets I purchased for the event. For the last almost 3 weeks I've been trying to get through to Stubhub without luck. For years I've been using Stubhub to buy and sell tickets and have never had a problem until now. Not planning on using Stubhub's service, nor will be recommending it anymore.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I have used StubHub previously without issues. I told my daughter when she turned 7, I would take her to her firsts concert of her choice. So when I trusted stubhub with our ticket purchase on Feb. 14, 2020 before the world fell apart, little did I know I just paid out $388.03 that I would never see again. They first offered through email a 125% credit. Later, they emailed stating continue with the credit or refund. I followed all of the steps provided to request the refund. I waited 2 hours on the phone x 2 with them and both times the agent states the refund was issued on May 29, 2021 at 9:46am back to the same card. I have checked the statements of any card that may have been used, although I know which one it was and there is NO CREDIT. I am told I have to go to the bank and bank has to dispute however my bank says it is on their end, they do not see an attempt to refund me so they cannot dispute this.

I asked for the supervisor and the lady was so short and rude with me stating there is nothing she can do as it shows the refund was successful. I hate that I have had this experience and now hesitate to purchase through any ticket dealer at this point but they have lost my business forever and I am hoping if you read this, they don't get yours either as they have sent me in circles. I have all statements, emails, etc. to prove them wrong and will continue to do so until I am successful. However, business is forever lost with them.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I purchased three tickets for Alabama/Florida on 8/23/21. The day before the game I received an email from the seller that she had just been notified of the sale and they were already sold. This was $1000 worth of tickets. Stubhub has used my money for almost a month. I sat on hold 4 times that day for over an hour with nothing but their annoying music on hold. I've now written 17 songs to their repetitive tune. It's gameday and my account states that I have been offered substitutions. I have zero emails or calls from Stubhub. I had to pack up and just go home as the game is now underway. I guess small claims court is where I'm heading with this next week.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

This site allowed me to place a parking pass for sale for which they later determined would not work. They determined that AFTER it was sold and delivered. They then stated that I needed to pay the full balance ($600). I needed to pay the full balance even though the buyer was going to be refunded. This was all after being on hold for a combined total of 5 hours. So the buyer is being refunded and then I have to pay Stub Hub $600 for absolutely nothing? It was still a day before the event, and of course they would not contact the buyer for me. This site is an absolute joke. The customer service is an absolute joke. I would recommend to never use this site to sell or buy anything.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Stubhub will not help you! DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM STUBHUB! I waited 3 and half hours on hold because it was an order over 1 thousand dollars only to be told they would not help me. I bought the tickets for my daughter and she cannot go because she is now high risk for COVID due to medical treatment she has to undergo. My only hope is to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I purchased tickets on Sept 9th with them to be delivered Sept 15th. They didn't show up. After 3 hrs on hold StubHub would not provide a full refund of my parking pass (which I did receive) and my tickets. They would only refund the tickets. They offered a similar seat that was less money and would not refund the difference. I suggest buying tickets off the street... Would be better than using StubHub. Not to mention the customer service was awful... People laughing and horsing around in the background. Nothing but a scam.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Waiting on payment for 4 tickets sold two wks ago, same day of event. They advise 5-8 business days but cannot understand WHY it would be so hard to get paid. Now on the 9th business day and would really appreciate being paid. The kicker is that there is ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE. 3hr wait time was given on the phone, no email or live chat, and the auto response was that if my event wasn't today I need to call back later. REALLY? So you already got my money so I can wait now? NEVER AGAIN. NO TRUST in purchases nor sales here.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Purchased tickets on StubHub for my Boss & his 3 clients. Owner of tickets transferred the tickets to Ticketmaster the day before the event. Never received email from either that the event was postponed. StubHub claimed they did send an email but it wasn't in the Inbox/Junk/Deleted Items so it's my word against theirs. There was nothing posted on the event page on StubHub about the event being postponed either. Ticketmaster claimed they weren't obligated to inform us as that was StubHub's responsibility. My boss took his clients to this event only to find out the hard & embarrassing way that the event was cancelled. Thankfully, he also looked at the site that day to confirm the info & also never saw any mention of the event being postponed until 2022 so I wasn't fired over this.

Requested a refund. The Customer Service Rep who I had to stay on hold for for over 2 hours was the NASTIEST CUSTOMER SERVICE REP EVER. Basically told me "too bad, we sent you an email". When I said I'd call my credit card company to dispute this charge she said "Go ahead, because StubHub will then freeze your account until it's resolved and in the end StubHub will win anyway". This company makes a FORTUNE off of their customers. The least they could have done was offer a partial refund. Truly disgusting Customer Service and policy.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Purchase concert tickets, received confirmation, they billed my credit card, but never sent me tickets. Waited 3.5 hours on the phone and finally spoke with a person who could not help me. Said 2nd party will be contacting me. They did and then asked if to put me on hold, 40 minutes later holding they hung up on me. Called a second time to StubHub waiting 1.5 hours and they didn’t want to give me a refund for their error. They tried to apply a credit for future use. Such poor customer service!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Purchased tickets through StubHub to an event on 9/12/21 in NYC and ultimately could not attend, so I decided to sell my tickets - about one week before the event. The StubHub platform for selling tickets was very easy, however, as soon as I completed the process and received confirmation the tickets were available for sale, there was literally no indication that my tickets were for sale. The platform has tabs to show pending sales, sales, completed sales, etc. My tickets were nowhere to be found. I tried to call and contact StubHub assistance in a variety of ways and could never reach anyone or have anyone assist me. The event occurred and my tickets were not sold. What a terrible experience and a huge loss for me. I would have rather given the tickets to someone than let those tickets simply go to waste. Next time I will know to use a different site to sell tickets.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

I waited on hold for four hours to have them help me with tickets I bought. I finally got someone who could hardly understand English, had no idea what she was doing, and sounded like she was on the moon. We got disconnected twice. My issue was never resolved and I'm back to waiting in line again. Horrible customer service. Hope your company goes out of business.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

1. They will not issue a refund even for medical reasons (kidney transplant) cannot be around a lot of people for a concert. I spent 4k on Rolling Stones tickets 20 months ago and they do not care. They do not have enough staff to handle the calls either. I hope everyone stops using them.

StubHub Company Information