1.13/5
  • 1 star
Based on 8 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Discover the right EHR software now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

eClinicalWorks

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 19, 2017

8 eClinicalWorks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I support this application as a full integrated IT Admin User. This company is a wreck!! Their "support" staff are completely incompetent, and every time I open a ticket, I have to explain in detail (even though I put all the detail in the case notes initially) what the issue is. Half the time, they can't understand you and they don't even truly understand their own best practice workflows... WHATEVER YOU DO- DON'T GO ON VERSION SP2.5.12.2. Once you do, they revoke your Remote Desktop Access even if you aren't using the web version of the SP2.5.12.2.

There are some serious security flaws with the web release of this version, which I've brought to the company's attention. Nothing has been done about it. Once you roll the SP2.5.12.2, you are expected to go on the web version; however, there is no way to lock down Remote User access. Once you download the plug-ins for Google Chrome, that's it... You have access ANYTIME ANYWHERE... BIG Security Flaw!! I seriously doubt this company does any testing prior to release... Their documentation is atrocious and it's NEVER accurate. Don't go with this company!! It's just not worth the headache!

Original review: June 26, 2017

We upgraded to version 10.0.80 and have experienced myriad problems. One of the most frustrating is having the entire system lock up on one of our check-in computers... Patient lookup fails, the hub disappears, the race selection screen will go blank. Tech support told me it was due to a driver issue on my Fujitsu scanner. So, they updated the drivers and said I would have no more problems. Next day, same problems. Now I'm told that my DocketPort667 card scanner isn't supported in the new version of eCW. This explanation doesn't hold water since the same card scanner is attached to another front desk computer and works just fine. When I asked why it would work 100% of the time on one computer and to varying degrees on a different computer, there is no answer.

Actually, the answer is "My team leader confirmed that it is an unsupported device". I explained that this statement is not an actual answer. I was then told "My mentor confirmed this is an unsupported device". Again, not an actual answer. I asked how they were going to resolve finding out an actual solution and I was asked what I thought they should do. After telling them that I wasn't privy to the internal procedures for problem solving customer issues, I was told they would get back to me. Every time I have to contact tech support, it's a fresh level of hell. If I get an answer to this latest issue, I'll update my review.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: June 1, 2017

Disorganized mess. There is absolutely zero accountability with this company. If there is a problem it takes about 30 minutes to let them know because of their horrible ticketing system. Then once the problem is received, the chances of getting it resolved is extremely low. This company boasts Fortune 5000, best in industry. No way that's possible. Most companies in that league wouldn't treat customers the way they do. I personally feel that all they want is to grow, and exit with a massive sellout. They could care less about the people using their product.

Original review: March 24, 2017

PQRS is a measure of reporting that Medicare uses to reduce a doctor's reimbursement if you don't meet specific criteria through the EMR reporting system. We have been with ECW since 2007 and have continuously experienced poor customer service. There have been times of excellent customer service, but for the most part everyone follows a script and if your problem doesn't fit, getting resolution is painfully slow or non-existent. In the case of PQRS, they failed to set us up accurately for 2016 reporting.

In January, they finally told me the structured data wasn't set up, so we would have to go back and manually redo many of the things that weren't reflecting correctly. They also told us we had until the deadline of March 31. Up until today (March 24), I was told in my noon meeting that I had a week to get everything complete. One hour later, at 1:45 p.m., I was told it had to be complete by midnight Sunday night because ECW was extracting on March 27. Basically, she said "Gee, sorry, but I thought it was March 31."

The potential loss of reimbursement means nothing to them because they still get their paycheck, but our doctors are looking at reduced reimbursement. They don't care, nor do they care that they don't share accurate information. They are one of the largest EMR systems and the smaller practices mean nothing to them apparently. I have seen lazy programming shortcuts and things that don't work right on a regular basis. One day, everyone can run a letter and populate the patient chart. The next day we come into work and half the staff can no longer run letters and they don't know why. It usually takes several hours for them to get it rectified and we're fine until the next unexplained programming glitch.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2016

Constant computer freezes, very bad support services. Support will not resolve any issues, dismal efficiency for a busy medical office. Stay away from this software it will only give you headaches and lose you valuable time patient and crucial patient data.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eClinicalWorks?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2016

I have repeatedly been declined log in after meticulous creation of an online account and saving of password. I have no such problems at dozens of other secure accounts. Attempts to log in to my personal Sentara medical records through eClinicalWorks results in frozen account. This has happened repeatedly. I cannot imagine why Sentara continue to use this product.

Original review: June 17, 2015

I work for very small medical office. The office has used the EMR from 2010 to present. The system is plagued with many bugs and it seems that every time they fix something they charge you. And if you challenge the added fee they put you on support hold and refuses to fix the problems. And unless you pay they refuse to fix anything. Recently, as a result of the CMS rule vis-a-vis the Affordable Care Act, the company has used the fact that medical practices have to implement an EMR by 1 October 2015, refusing to fix any issues unless you pay for things that you have not authorized. We requested ECW to upgrade our system in 2014 to version 10 in order to activate the Meaningful use dashboard and also the Practice Management portion of the application which has a billing component.

At the time of this verbal request we were told that ECW could do the billing for us using the application. We were told that having everything on the application would make it easier for reporting purposes. We agreed. Unfortunately, ECW never informed us that by using them to do the billing we would be using a third party biller. What is most disturbing is that from the time ECW started to do our billing they have not submitted our claims in the time frame that is required by insurance companies resulting into many claims being rejected for timely filing. We have on several occasions bought this to their attention. Additionally, they have sent statements to patients without our authorization and have added this to our invoice. We disputed this action since in NY you are not allowed to bill patients unless the insurance company says that it is the responsibility of the patient.

It was bought to our attention that employees of ECW RCM team contacted several insurance companies claiming to be our external office manager in order to get information. They have also changed the user name and password on the provider portals of the insurance companies. We have asked ECW to not do any more billing for us. They have placed us on support hold, preventing any needed upgrades and bugs from being fixed. They have refused to release the RCM portion of the application so that we can do our own billing. They have claims that we owe at first $4500.00. We disputed the amount. But instead of review the amount they increased the figure to $7500.00. Then a week ago they claimed that we owe them $10,000.00, and that unless we pay $7000.00 they would not release the RCM portion and would have place the practice on support hold.

This affected the ability of the physician to prescribe certain medication for patients putting patients health at risk and by withholding the implementation of certain feature on the application as requested by CMS jeopardized efficient care of patients. ECW advertises that its RCM charges 2.9% of collected claims, but charged us $1500.00 per month and refuses to provide us with any kind of reports, which we have repeated requested. When we contacted the sales office regarding the fees we are being charged monthly, we were told that if we are paying $1500.00 per month we are not using ECW, all checks are written to ECW. They are advertising one thing and are charging something else. The employees we spoke with seems to think that the company is accountable to no one.

Original review: May 2, 2015

I am a psychiatrist with one to two other providers. We have been using the ECW for over 2 years and still have issues. There are so many issues with this software and very user unfriendly, like losing the family history or social history from one visit to the other. And if you chat with them, it takes them a long time to understand the problem and they ask you to get a ticket. They are fast with calling you but 90% of the time the answer is "that is how the system works and there is no solution to your question." Our experience in nutshell: Frustrating, time consuming and I absolutely do not recommend them. We are looking for another software.

eClinicalWorks expert review by ConsumerAffairs

eClinicalWorks is one of the leading medical software solutions that lets health care providers deliver the best quality of care.

• Support: Support is available 24/7 and they are helpful at fixing most problems as soon as they occur.
    • Great for small practices: Easy-to-use system without much need for training. Great for small practices with a small budget.
    • Servers: Practices are required to have their own servers in order to use this system, which also means that the records can’t be accessed from anywhere at anytime.
    • Functionality: The system has a lot of crash reports and can cause some frustration with having to reboot from time to time.
    • Best for: Independent physicians