1.3/5 (44 ratings)

About Practice Fusion

Practice Fusion Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Practice Fusion?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Practice Fusion?

Original review: May 17, 2021

I first joined PF in 2013 when it was advertised as "free and will always be free". It was a straightforward EMR that was easy to use but didn't have a lot of normal functions that I had in my prior EMR company. But I was trying to cut costs and I tolerated the annoyances and they had a way to take suggestions and make you feel like it was in the queue to be developed in the near future.

Fast forward 8 years and none of my suggestions have been addressed. I cannot set reminders for one year to send out an email telling patients it is time to book their annual appointment. When patients want copies of their medical records sent, you have to individually download one document at a time. Reports to generate patient lists are not reliable and records are missed so when I try to generate my own list for annual patient reminders, it is incomplete or includes patients that aren't mine.

The worst part is that they claimed to always be free but then once the company sold, they started to charge. And not only that, when I asked whether I should sign up for a longer term contract, my representative told me (documented in a long email exchange) that I shouldn't and he would know when prices would go up and I would be notified beforehand so I could lock in the current rate. He talked me out of the longer term contract. I have this documented. Now, I received a notice that prices are going up.

I have been in communication with a rep at PF (Carolyn L) and sent her copies of the email exchange and she said "I apologize but there is nothing we can do". I asked to speak to a supervisor twice and she has not responded. I just sent my third email. What they could do is honor what was promised to me. I have this exchange in writing! And what horrible customer service-ignoring a request to speak to a supervisor not once but three times. When you sign up with an EMR, it's not an easy proposition to switch. BEWARE OF PF.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Years with them free, they actually had adequate (not great) CR in that you could hold for 30 min and get help or "create a ticket" but now, with paid subscription, I’m just glad I worked out all the kinks then and now I ask them to do very little: only electronic prescribing incl controlled substance rx. You have to fill in a minimal "profile" information and designate a pharmacy which is a pain if you don’t have the zip code handy, but I do not use any other features. I have a feeling if I did, would be a huge hassle.

For practicing just one afternoon a week, the only economic way would still be paper rx, so now my practice is just an expensive hobby and I don’t want to retire because the patients I treat can’t go to most other providers. This plus board cert expenses, prof society dues, rent, and assistant. (I don’t accept Medicare so that extra hurdle is not necessary.) As my accountant says: it’s always suspicious to submit IRS more expenses than you bring in! So expensive, yes, but I’m not reading about any alternatives on here. Tried WENO and that is a disorganized mess.

Get buying tips about Electronic Health Records (EHR) Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

1- E-prescribing requires odd and bizarre input from prescriber. For instance: medication is clearly a tablet as that was the chose medication, yet you have to state in a box that it is a tablet. Takes time. 2- Customer support is terrible. They hook you up with a rep who sounds like an 18 yo person who just finished high school who would never address the issue and always escalates it but then you never hear back. 3- Technical support is practically unavailable to the client/customer. For instance, if you submit a technical issue ticket, they tell you "oh this is a known issue we have been working on", which is insane because they keep making these technical updates and useless new features and yet ignore the real problems.

4-Patient fusion is ugly, user unfriendly, patients refuse to use it. For the last 3 days, the online appointment scheduler has not been working and no response from practice fusion and no prior warning for it being down. This is how a practice looses business. They are happy they teamed up with Updox while their mediocre and pathetic patient fusion remains the worst on the market. PF costs 100$ a month. Not worth that price for sure. The only reason why I keep using it is that I had it since 2018 so kinda used to it. But I am almost ready to bite the bullet and switch to a different EMR. Happy to pay more and get a real EMR. I would stir people to Kareo. Stay away from this lemon.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

We have been with practice fusion for a few years. Look, nothing is perfect, but we'd expect that a product with a 100+ million dollar valuation would get better over time, not worse. This hasn't been our experience. Minor bugs and glitches have found their way into the EHR, and common-sense, easy to understand and intuitive changes or suggestions I've brought to the company's attention are basically ignored. Sometimes the reasons are different, but the outcome is always the same - which is that PF isn't going to do anything about it.

For my most recent issue, they set up an update which is laggy and annoying. The PF representative Tom ** basically told me "this is just going to be your new workflow." Gee, thanks a lot. EHRs are sticky. no one wants to transition all their patient information from one platform to another. So my warning to everyone out there is do your diligence and think carefully before getting practicefusion. I am seriously considering moving from this platform to another one, and definitely would not start with PF if I was starting today.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I opened a solo practice in 2019 and had never shopped for EHR’s before. Of course Practice Fusion looked attractive because of the cost. First let me say that the cost does not include practice management software, so you’ll spend a minimum of another $400 a month for one of the two or three programs that integrate with PF. That’s the least of the issues with PF. The biggest issue, and it has been stated repeatedly, is the absolute worst customer support in the world. There is really no other way to describe it. They may get back to you 2 weeks later, but never with an answer. I have some issues I have reported 15 times and they eventually just ignore you as if if you are annoying them with the same problem. Well, I am, because they won’t fix it. They always follow-up their lousy customer service response with a quality survey which is a joke in itself. Even the surveys get ignored. Please, please, please do not purchase this EHR.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Their system is not performing safely when it comes to treat patients! I encountered numerous errors given from pharmacies as the prescriptions did not go through. The Practice Fusion customer service is INEXISTENT. You try to call and they tell you same thing all the time, that "its huge volume of calls and to send them an email", and then you email them and you get an answer in 2 weeks, but no... your problem is still unsolved. And be prepared when you realize this hardship is overwhelming and that you cannot prescribe medications to your patients and you decide to stop subscription, you will have extremely difficult time to have them let go, they will claim you have contract and that you are STUCK with them for years...

Original review: April 6, 2020

Patient Fusion is a sad joke. The IT department does not exist. The number that you call has you leave a message but never returns your calls. The Physician can not help and is at a loss when asked how to contact Patient Fusion. It is a cheap service when compared to other Doctor portals for patient use. The website is also a sad joke. You can not recover your username or password. Is this company in the Bay area or in some foreign land. When people are out of work surely you can hire someone that is a college graduate or 15 years of age and can hack anything. Again, Patient Fusion is a sad pathetic joke.

Original review: March 16, 2020

The patient's portal has no access to real help, only to Q&A. You are on your own. Terrible. I finally managed to go through the website of the company to access an ability to contact them. This was last week. Still waiting... Don't even bother to use this company.

Original review: March 10, 2020

This is THE worst company I have EVER dealt with! If you value ANY degree of customer service or need help with any issue, this is NOT the company for you! The customer service department (if there is one) barely replies at all. IF they do, clearly have no one has read the previous email or has any clue about what is happening. The experience is almost as if robots are replying, asking repetitive questions and not providing any assistance whatsoever! RUN AWAY and find a decent company with which to do business.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I joined Practice Fusion in January 2019. In July of the same year, they changed the contract conditions to stipulate their ownership over my charts. The system was set up so that I would be able to access my previous charting only if I agreed with their new conditions. I chose to pay until the end of the first year as agreed upon the initial contract without accessing my charting. However, to my surprise, they continued to bill me past the first year. I repeatedly tried to contact them and the only answer I got was that I had to agree to their new conditions to be able to access my account to cancel my contract. Be aware of the fact that they will own your charts before you choose this company. Also, they are clearly making it difficult to leave them.

Practice Fusion author review by Jeffery Daigrepont

Practice Fusion provides free records to small practices.

• Excellent communication: Practice Fusion allows doctors to communicate with patients very efficiently through text messages and other methods.

• No cost in sponsored mode: If a company is sponsored, there is no cost for the user.

• Customizable templates: Physicians in specialized industries can benefit from customizable templates.

• Advertising: Consumers complain about sponsored advertising from different pharmaceutical companies.

• Interface: The presence of many different features makes the interface confusing for users that don’t have the time to train on it.

by Jeffery Daigrepont EHR Software Expert

Jeffery Daigrepont is a best-selling author, national speaker and healthcare IT industry giant. He specializes in healthcare automation, system integration, operations and deployment of enterprise information systems for large integrated delivery networks. Daigrepont is currently the senior vice president at Coker Group.

Practice Fusion Company Information