Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

Practice Fusion Reviews

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I joined Practice Fusion in January 2019. In July of the same year, they changed the contract conditions to stipulate their ownership over my charts. The system was set up so that I would be able to access my previous charting only if I agreed with their new conditions. I chose to pay until the end of the first year as agreed upon the initial contract without accessing my charting. However, to my surprise, they continued to bill me past the first year. I repeatedly tried to contact them and the only answer I got was that I had to agree to their new conditions to be able to access my account to cancel my contract. Be aware of the fact that they will own your charts before you choose this company. Also, they are clearly making it difficult to leave them.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

We have set up two appointments which were confirmed to have a telephone consultation with our rep as we are unable to eat prescribe controlled substances and need help with MIPS. Each time the appointments were confirmed and we called the rep several times at the appointed time left messages and called the general number for Practice Fusion left messages with no response. We are disgusted, annoyed, frustrated and angry. If they are unable to keep the appointment they can send us a quick email which they never do so we have scheduled everything around those appointments and no help and we are not getting responses.

Get expert buying tips about Electronic Health Records (EHR) Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

How does one describe useless. The UI is a disaster. Guaranteed to foster errors. Finding the simplest results, such as X-Ray report takes multiple clicks.

Discovering a schedule is also takes multiple clicks. I could go on and on. I had used Medgen in the past, much better. (The decision for Practice Fusion was not mine). This program is cheap and shows it. Suffice it to say that this is less user friendly than the VA CPRS.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Worst, slowest customer service I've ever encountered. They should be embarrassed. They screwed up my prescribing credentials and it took 10 days, multiple unanswered emails and phone calls with 3 hour wait times.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Not happy with the software. I am not using it for the notes, though. The orders are bulky and there are many repetitions. Lots of older medications that the pharmacies don't carry. However, their online customer service is really poor. Obviously, they use robots, so the answer would usually be, "someone will contact you". And then no one does. But they never forget to add a sales offer for another product! So far I have not received a single decent answer. I have to second-guess everything myself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Practice Fusion?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

My frustration like others is about their poor customer service. We were made to wait 1.5 hours before being connected to a rep! And this is not first time. In spite of the wait the support team could not help us resolve the issue with lab integration. The practice manager for our office is equally difficult to get in touch. I would not recommend PF to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

My Electronic Controlled Substance Prescribing system through Practice Fusion suddenly stopped working 3 weeks ago. As a collective, the office staff and myself have done every trouble-shooting activity imaginable. Everything shows that my ECSP system is fine and I am verified/etc. I used it for months with issues - but at least it sent the scripts eventually.

I've literally waited 3 weeks now to get help for my issue and still have had absolutely NO response from anyone there. I have filled out 8 help request tickets, called numerous times, and twice waited on the help line - once for almost 2 hours, once for 3 hours... Yes, I said HOURS!! And that is not unusual. If you need help - you WILL WAIT FOR minimum of an HOUR - plus any and every time you call - no matter what the reason!!

The service is absolutely ridiculous. You feel like you don't even remotely matter - your time is not worth crap to Practice Fusion. And the system itself is not user friendly, and not created for anything or anyone outside the very basic primary care office. I've put up with it as it wasnt my choice - but now that I know what I know, I will assure Practice Fusion is NOT renewed. I literally cannot even send a prescription for my patients. It makes it all pretty useless!! I plan to share my experience with as many other medical providers and others as I can. Words cant begin to define how frustrated, disappointed, and inferiorated I am at Practice Fusion's utter disregard for people's time and their needs. It's beyond unprofessional - It's negligent. Seriously.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I have called the customer service line at 415-346-7700. They keep telling me that my call is important but I was on hold for almost 45 minutes. We are a small private practice and cannot afford that kind of wait times but we needed help to set up our messaging services, so no choice but to wait. I had to hang up after almost 45 minutes of wait. I would email but their turn-around time is worse.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Had contacted PF customer service by phone on 2 occasions to cancel annual subscription well before closing our practice & still paid for 4 months after the fact & now they will not honor the verbal cancellation & still charging us and refuse to cancel saying my account is past due 3 months & until it's paid they will not cancel. Unfair business as I see, it and how convenient that they didn't ticket the call for the subscription but they did note a different concern I had. Who else can we complain about this and make them stop.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Practice Fusion has a decent layout and fairly intuitive, but has the worst customer service of ANY company that I have ever used. Once you purchase the service you are pretty much on your own. Beware.

Not sure about Practice Fusion?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Electronic Health Records (EHR) Software for you.

Practice Fusion expert review by Jeffery Daigrepont

Practice Fusion provides free records to small practices.

• Excellent communication: Practice Fusion allows doctors to communicate with patients very efficiently through text messages and other methods.

• No cost in sponsored mode: If a company is sponsored, there is no cost for the user.

• Customizable templates: Physicians in specialized industries can benefit from customizable templates.

• Advertising: Consumers complain about sponsored advertising from different pharmaceutical companies.

• Interface: The presence of many different features makes the interface confusing for users that don’t have the time to train on it.

• Best for: Independent physicians, specialized physicians

by Jeffery Daigrepont EHR Software Expert

Jeffery Daigrepont is a best-selling author, national speaker and healthcare IT industry giant. He specializes in healthcare automation, system integration, operations and deployment of enterprise information systems for large integrated delivery networks. Daigrepont is currently the senior vice president at Coker Group.

Practice Fusion Company Information