1.42/5

Discover the right EHR software now

24 Practice Fusion Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 16, 2019

3 days ago, suddenly the superbill section will not correctly load rates and reflect payment...when I try to print up a bill for a patient, all the number areas a zeros. Put in a request, they said it was resolved. It's not. I keep trying each day and no go. Got an email returned from my contact at PF and she said it's a "known issue and the tech engineers are working on it"...sounds like a familiar response when reading other recent complaints above. Super disappointed. I've had PF for over 2 years and I just don't understand how it suddenly doesn't work right. I'm fee for service...I need to generate superbills.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Have been trying to work with Practice Fusion for three weeks now regarding ID.me. I have spent at least 10 hours trying to get verified with the new vendor Practice Fusion choose for e-prescribing controlled substances. I have been prescribing controlled substances for over three years without much issue via PF. When PF switched there was minimal warning and then absolutely no assistance.

I attempted to tell Practice Fusion that ID.me couldn't verify me because ID.me wanted to send a security code to my home phone. My home phone is a landline that can't handle texts. ID.me refused to verify me. So PF decided that they were going to reset my medical credentials and have me completely re-verify my identity. ID.me still states that my phone number can't be verified and wants to use my landline instead, and now I can't e-prescribe anything. We have spent hours on this issue with Practice Fusion stating that they have never seen this issue before.

Meanwhile I am paying for a service that doesn't work and that I feel stuck with. PF refuses to talk with ID.me about correcting the phone number on their end. ID.me can't be contacted at all. When I tried I got ads for Walmart discounts. PF even told me that maybe I should change my phone number. - In response to a positive review below, PF is horrible. About 5 years ago customer service replied to my complaint "what do you expect from a free product?" Even PF knows it is a horrible product.

Get expert buying tips about Electronic Health Records (EHR) Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Have left 2 voicemails and 3 email messages with no response except automated emails. Sat on hold for one hour and finally had to hang up. Last 2 phone calls voicemail would not even let me leave a message. I will be looking for another EHR.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Reading the other complaints, mine are the same. Calling customer service 45 min wait! I have to see patients, not wait on hold. Every error lately we are told this is a known issue. The sending of controlled prescriptions does take 2 tries. This is SO TIME CONSUMING! For 4 months, this is a known problem!?! Today, it's can't verify eligibility electronically. Have been told this is also a known problem. Last week, the schedule instead of M, T, W, T, F it said, "This, Then, Saddle." Every time, we are told to clear the cache, cookies, use Chrome, use incognito. I've been using PF for almost 3 years and I've got this part down. It's not user error, it's PF errors. I've also asked that updates be emailed out and was told to check their update section which is about 10 clicks away. Honestly, this is also time consuming when I'm busy sending prescriptions twice! For such a basic, and this is a basic program, paying $100 a month, I'm really disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have been trying to reach their customer service because I'm not able to send e-prescriptions. They did not respond to the email I sent a few days ago, so I called them today. I've been on hold for over 50 minutes and "my current position" in their queue is 7. It is clear they do not care about physicians, since they do not even have a dedicated phone line for customer service (the voicemail greeting you hear when you call them lists 5 options from "lab partners" to patients before it gets to "customer service.") If you are planning to sign a contract with PF, just don't. It may be cheaper compared to other options, but when things go wrong it will cost you so much more in terms of time spent on pharmacy calls, dissatisfied patients, and their negligent, understaffed, so-called customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Practice Fusion?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I used Practice Fusion since 2009, and recently became a paid subscriber to continue to use its e-prescribing and EPCS. The EMR support has always been spotty, and it only got worse since it became a paid EMR. The authentication bug with VIP Access app would require one to type in the code twice for every order - otherwise it would hourglass incessantly - and occasionally EPCS would go down completely with no warning and any information from PF (and no ETA when it would be fixed). PF is aware of the above issue but has not been capable of fixing it for the past 6 months. Either they don't have capable developers or refuse to correct the problem - don't know what is worse. I have been using this EMR for years, but will be jumping ship after the contract expires.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

My experience is similar to most of the other reviewers here. I used the free version of PF, which was fine but since I signed up for monthly subscriptions, the quality of customer service totally disappeared. They simply cannot be reached for any form of assistance!!! I am changing my EHR for this reason but I have to stay until my contract is due.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I used Practice Fusion for years and though they weren't perfect they actually had decent customer service. I recently started a subscription service with EPCS with Practice Fusion and I'm fed up with the changes to their customer service. No CHAT is ever available and they respond to emails with an automated response that rarely leads anywhere. I called finally and I'm still on phone waiting for them to answer--apparently there were 25 people ahead of me. It's been over an hour and I'm down to position 4... I don't know what happened to PF but they went way downhill after payment started. Much better when PF was free.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

ALMOST NON-EXISTENT customer support. Almost never can you resolve an issue by phone and everything is mainly done by email. I am still waiting for a resolution on a problem I emailed about 6 months ago. They function on the "peter principle", meaning that one agent doesn't have a comprehensive understanding of troubleshooting needs. I have moved on...and so should you.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

This company is fraudulent and scams customers into subscriptions based on entirely false claims. I was blatantly lied to about capabilities I required from the software and as soon as I purchased the annual subscription, I was told during a "demo/tutoring session" those capabilities did not exist. I immediately purchased another EHR which was necessary for my practice, and was unable to ever use Practice Fusion a single time. I spent months and hours on end attempting to reach customer service, and was then repeatedly lied to, misinformed, and provided with more false promises and "deadlines" to resolve the issue with an early termination and refund. I gave them one last opportunity to resolve the issue and despite already promising to fix it, then refused to and. I am now escalating this into a formal dispute through all avenues. This company is a SCAM. Beware!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We accidentally signed up for two practitioners and they would not discontinue the extra user. They charged me the full term even though I am not using their product! Total of $1200 for the extra user account that is just sitting there. Before when it was free they would respond to phone call immediately but now it took me 23 min to talk to someone who refused to let me talk to the manager even when I said I am dissatisfied and would like to leave. Soon as they lock you in they treat you.

It's obvious they wanted they provided good service initially to build users then sell the company just for profit and give terrible customer service. They use to have good customer service before but soon as you sign the contract they treat you like garbage. Their software isn't that great either. The quick text often comes up jumbled or text appears randomly highlighted and bold. Pay a little extra and go to a more reputable company. P.s. The customer service rep that I spoke to was Hannah who refused to let me talk to a supervisor. She kept saying there is nothing she can do and I can't put a proper complaint with the company.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Our practice have used Practice Fusion for many years. It was a good free EHR system. However, since we started to pay the monthly fee on June 2018, the customer service is worse than before. When we call, the wait time is long, and the customer representatives are not as friendly and knowable as before. We hope managers aware it and make some changes.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Platform is outdated. Problems with program: 1. Ads at the bottom of screen and require expansion of full screen for it to pop to the right. 2. Paid subscription that still has ads. 3. No text reminders for clients. 4. No individual schedules for each user. 5. Lacks flexibility and has a "one size fits all" mentality with each user. 6. Ads are so annoying and standard business practices are that when one pays for the service, ads are not included. 7. Customer service is ONLY via chat. Absolutely no phone contact. 8. Former subscriber to Counsol.com and they had an account rep so I was in touch with the same person via email or phone every time I needed assistance. Due to changing practices, I am now using the Practice Fusion and it is an extremely limited platform.

Original review: June 26, 2018

This EMR system used to be free and now they charge for each provider, it is ok if their customer service would be good, very poor customer service, I am thinking to change it to a different EMR system.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We have been using Practice Fusion for many years, and have recently switched to the subscription version. While we would have been happier keeping it free, we are very satisfied with the EMR, and have had no serious problems with it. I had to leave this positive review because I feel that the negative reviews are not the normal experience with this EMR. We have recommended Practice Fusion to every colleague.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I have been trying to get registered for an account with Practice Fusion for over three weeks. When they send the access for me the registration link does not come up. I have tried calling the customer service line and no one can help me. Then submit tickets that no one responds to. Occasionally I get emails saying they are happy that my problem is solved. When I respond that my problem is still on going they no longer email back. It is an incredibly frustrating feedback loop. The fact that people are rallying on this company to partner with to provide safe and reliable healthcare is scary. So far I am three weeks behind in getting patient care documented.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

This system is so cumbersome that it will easily add another two hours to your day. Nothing seems to work seamlessly. Numerous keystrokes are required to achieve simple repetitive tasks that should be easily automated. This program will cost you immensely for its free charge.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

While the program is easy and basic their customer service is AWFUL. They will answer nothing except by a "ticket" and through email. It takes forever to have ANY question answered. Each question requires a ticket. Not at all user-friendly more responsive to their customers and I see many reviews with the same complaints.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I have email evidence of customer service contact of Practice Fusion on May 25 because of a failure of their registration system for electronic prescribing controlled substances EPCS. I have a trail of subsequent emails which they have not responded to or have sent back automatic responses that confirm they have not read my emails. The effort to contact them actually started 2 weeks previously because the tab on their website that enables you to send them a complaint ticket was not working. While practice fusion is a free service this is completely unacceptable for a service for medical doctors who are trying to serve the public.

Original review: May 18, 2017

We signed up with Practice Fusion so that we can receive referrals from other providers. We are attempting to understand the network of providers in our area that use Practice Fusion so that we can more closely identify and network with those providers. PF provides no ability to identify or locate other users. I was told, in a 30 minute conversation with their support desk, that this wasn't a goal or function of their system. So apparently they have no interest in promoting e-prescribing and connecting providers. They expect providers to already have all of their connections in place... Hardly. Isn't that the goal of a quality EHR system? Wouldn't they want to foment collaboration and assist providers in connecting? Wouldn't this potentially grow their user base? Apparently not.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Our MEDICAL CLINIC has been using this electronic medical record software for about 3 years. The experience has been horrible. It is the worst piece of software I have ever encountered. One joke about it is that they will never employ a single click when there can be two or three to accomplish something. This is a trivial example of a thorough programming incompetence that this software displays. Bottom line - you get what you pay for, and this software is free. In the end it has cost us a lot in frustration, and poor performance. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

If you are trying to use their superbill to transfer over to another billing software, don't bother. Their customer service people rarely know what you are asking or how to help you. There are missing fields in their superbill and patient profile section so that the necessary info does not get transferred over to your billing software and when I ask them about it, they say "we are not a billing software, we are an EHR". Well if you are going to provide a part of your software that is supposed to work with billing then you at least need to make sure it is correct and that you have staff that know how to use it. Also their eligibility tracker is also worthless. In this case it's a good thing it's free. Thumbs Down!

Original review: July 22, 2015

I signed up because staff have used it before, liked features PMR and EHR and it is FREE. However, from implementation representatives only give 30 minutes of training maybe 2X week and stop at that point no matter where you are in process. Recently they offered electronic controlled substance prescriptions; however it is attached to credit card verification as they say "to verify your identity." Really, in this day and time with so many security breaches and identity theft, you are telling me they couldn't find a better verification process, especially when you go through credentialing and verification process to get e-prescribing. I would be cautious and glad I don't place all my information in their EHR. Who knows what they are doing with your clients and your information.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

Ok, it's free so that's the best part. It's at best an adequate program but their customer service is non-existent unless you want to wait for useless email. I was just in queue for live chat and when I logged on it said there were 10 people in front of me, now it says 15 and I didn't log out! For many months they have been doing this warning about logging in differently and this doesn't work for me, my charts don't show up. I have gone through their elaborate, useless contact customer service labyrinth many times and this has never been fixed. There is no way to call their customer service. Frankly, I have a mental health practice so I use very little of the program so it's not as huge an issue than if you are a large practice or using this more extensively. I'd avoid this until they get better at customer service availability and response. It's pretty ridiculous. Also their promised changes are slow in coming or non-existent. Frankly, now that all my charts are loaded on theirs I feel somewhat trapped or I'd look further.

Practice Fusion expert review by Jeffery Daigrepont

Practice Fusion provides free records to small practices.

• Excellent communication: Practice Fusion allows doctors to communicate with patients very efficiently through text messages and other methods.

• No cost in sponsored mode: If a company is sponsored, there is no cost for the user.

• Customizable templates: Physicians in specialized industries can benefit from customizable templates.

• Advertising: Consumers complain about sponsored advertising from different pharmaceutical companies.

• Interface: The presence of many different features makes the interface confusing for users that don’t have the time to train on it.

• Best for: Independent physicians, specialized physicians

Profile picture of Jeffery Daigrepont
    Jeffery Daigrepont EHR Software Expert

Jeffery Daigrepont is a best-selling author, national speaker and healthcare IT industry giant. He specializes in healthcare automation, system integration, operations and deployment of enterprise information systems for large integrated delivery networks. Daigrepont is currently the senior vice president at Coker Group.

Practice Fusion Company Information