1.64/5
Based on 14 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover the right EHR software now

14 Practice Fusion Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We accidentally signed up for two practitioners and they would not discontinue the extra user. They charged me the full term even though I am not using their product! Total of $1200 for the extra user account that is just sitting there. Before when it was free they would respond to phone call immediately but now it took me 23 min to talk to someone who refused to let me talk to the manager even when I said I am dissatisfied and would like to leave. Soon as they lock you in they treat you.

It's obvious they wanted they provided good service initially to build users then sell the company just for profit and give terrible customer service. They use to have good customer service before but soon as you sign the contract they treat you like garbage. Their software isn't that great either. The quick text often comes up jumbled or text appears randomly highlighted and bold. Pay a little extra and go to a more reputable company. P.s. The customer service rep that I spoke to was Hannah who refused to let me talk to a supervisor. She kept saying there is nothing she can do and I can't put a proper complaint with the company.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Our practice have used Practice Fusion for many years. It was a good free EHR system. However, since we started to pay the monthly fee on June 2018, the customer service is worse than before. When we call, the wait time is long, and the customer representatives are not as friendly and knowable as before. We hope managers aware it and make some changes.

Get expert buying tips about Electronic Health Records (EHR) Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Platform is outdated. Problems with program: 1. Ads at the bottom of screen and require expansion of full screen for it to pop to the right. 2. Paid subscription that still has ads. 3. No text reminders for clients. 4. No individual schedules for each user. 5. Lacks flexibility and has a "one size fits all" mentality with each user. 6. Ads are so annoying and standard business practices are that when one pays for the service, ads are not included. 7. Customer service is ONLY via chat. Absolutely no phone contact. 8. Former subscriber to Counsol.com and they had an account rep so I was in touch with the same person via email or phone every time I needed assistance. Due to changing practices, I am now using the Practice Fusion and it is an extremely limited platform.

Original review: June 26, 2018

This EMR system used to be free and now they charge for each provider, it is ok if their customer service would be good, very poor customer service, I am thinking to change it to a different EMR system.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We have been using Practice Fusion for many years, and have recently switched to the subscription version. While we would have been happier keeping it free, we are very satisfied with the EMR, and have had no serious problems with it. I had to leave this positive review because I feel that the negative reviews are not the normal experience with this EMR. We have recommended Practice Fusion to every colleague.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Practice Fusion?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I have been trying to get registered for an account with Practice Fusion for over three weeks. When they send the access for me the registration link does not come up. I have tried calling the customer service line and no one can help me. Then submit tickets that no one responds to. Occasionally I get emails saying they are happy that my problem is solved. When I respond that my problem is still on going they no longer email back. It is an incredibly frustrating feedback loop. The fact that people are rallying on this company to partner with to provide safe and reliable healthcare is scary. So far I am three weeks behind in getting patient care documented.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

This system is so cumbersome that it will easily add another two hours to your day. Nothing seems to work seamlessly. Numerous keystrokes are required to achieve simple repetitive tasks that should be easily automated. This program will cost you immensely for its free charge.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

While the program is easy and basic their customer service is AWFUL. They will answer nothing except by a "ticket" and through email. It takes forever to have ANY question answered. Each question requires a ticket. Not at all user-friendly more responsive to their customers and I see many reviews with the same complaints.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I have email evidence of customer service contact of Practice Fusion on May 25 because of a failure of their registration system for electronic prescribing controlled substances EPCS. I have a trail of subsequent emails which they have not responded to or have sent back automatic responses that confirm they have not read my emails. The effort to contact them actually started 2 weeks previously because the tab on their website that enables you to send them a complaint ticket was not working. While practice fusion is a free service this is completely unacceptable for a service for medical doctors who are trying to serve the public.

Original review: May 18, 2017

We signed up with Practice Fusion so that we can receive referrals from other providers. We are attempting to understand the network of providers in our area that use Practice Fusion so that we can more closely identify and network with those providers. PF provides no ability to identify or locate other users. I was told, in a 30 minute conversation with their support desk, that this wasn't a goal or function of their system. So apparently they have no interest in promoting e-prescribing and connecting providers. They expect providers to already have all of their connections in place... Hardly. Isn't that the goal of a quality EHR system? Wouldn't they want to foment collaboration and assist providers in connecting? Wouldn't this potentially grow their user base? Apparently not.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Our MEDICAL CLINIC has been using this electronic medical record software for about 3 years. The experience has been horrible. It is the worst piece of software I have ever encountered. One joke about it is that they will never employ a single click when there can be two or three to accomplish something. This is a trivial example of a thorough programming incompetence that this software displays. Bottom line - you get what you pay for, and this software is free. In the end it has cost us a lot in frustration, and poor performance. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

If you are trying to use their superbill to transfer over to another billing software, don't bother. Their customer service people rarely know what you are asking or how to help you. There are missing fields in their superbill and patient profile section so that the necessary info does not get transferred over to your billing software and when I ask them about it, they say "we are not a billing software, we are an EHR". Well if you are going to provide a part of your software that is supposed to work with billing then you at least need to make sure it is correct and that you have staff that know how to use it. Also their eligibility tracker is also worthless. In this case it's a good thing it's free. Thumbs Down!

Original review: July 22, 2015

I signed up because staff have used it before, liked features PMR and EHR and it is FREE. However, from implementation representatives only give 30 minutes of training maybe 2X week and stop at that point no matter where you are in process. Recently they offered electronic controlled substance prescriptions; however it is attached to credit card verification as they say "to verify your identity." Really, in this day and time with so many security breaches and identity theft, you are telling me they couldn't find a better verification process, especially when you go through credentialing and verification process to get e-prescribing. I would be cautious and glad I don't place all my information in their EHR. Who knows what they are doing with your clients and your information.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

Ok, it's free so that's the best part. It's at best an adequate program but their customer service is non-existent unless you want to wait for useless email. I was just in queue for live chat and when I logged on it said there were 10 people in front of me, now it says 15 and I didn't log out! For many months they have been doing this warning about logging in differently and this doesn't work for me, my charts don't show up. I have gone through their elaborate, useless contact customer service labyrinth many times and this has never been fixed. There is no way to call their customer service. Frankly, I have a mental health practice so I use very little of the program so it's not as huge an issue than if you are a large practice or using this more extensively. I'd avoid this until they get better at customer service availability and response. It's pretty ridiculous. Also their promised changes are slow in coming or non-existent. Frankly, now that all my charts are loaded on theirs I feel somewhat trapped or I'd look further.

Not sure about Practice Fusion?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Electronic Health Records (EHR) Software for you.

Practice Fusion expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Practice Fusion provides free records to small practices.

• Excellent communication: Practice Fusion allows doctors to communicate with patients very efficiently through text messages and other methods.

• No cost in sponsored mode: If a company is sponsored, there is no cost for the user.

• Customizable templates: Physicians in specialized industries can benefit from customizable templates.

• Advertising: Consumers complain about sponsored advertising from different pharmaceutical companies.

• Interface: The presence of many different features makes the interface confusing for users that don’t have the time to train on it.

• Best for: Independent physicians, specialized physicians

650 Townsend Street Suite 500
    415-346-7700
    practicefusion.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business