toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Purchasing the software from Advanced MD was super easy. I contacted them via email and within three hours of requesting information, somebody contacted me. Then within 10 days, we were up and running. The reps were very courteous and informative. They conducted themselves professionally in all levels and answered all my questions. They even continued to follow up with me after the sale to make sure that everything was what we had expected and that we were moving along in a direction that was beneficial for us. We have the full service and it's user-friendly. It serves the needs of both my patients and administration. It's great for tracking, billing, collections, letters, and queues. It's a great product all the way around. I would definitely recommend AdvancedMD to anybody who is searching for a new PM or EHR setup. In fact, I have and know a few practices that I've talked into converting.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have lost time and business dealing with AdvancedMD. The issue that I have is that I have not been able to use the software. I have spent many hours on the phone with different people at the company who blame the last person I spoke with for setting up the software wrong. For example, I was initially set up on the ICD 9 system. The system was not working. Then after being on the phone for hours someone else at the company said, "The ICD 9 system is the wrong system you should be on the ICD 10 system." The hours on the phone, not getting the right information, and the absolute rudeness of the upper management caused me to ask to be let out of my one year contract. That was met with calls and emails not being returned, being asked to contact one person then another person, and finally a threatening email of legal action if the contract is not paid.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

The company is non-responsive to a serious complaint. The problem is too long to describe here but the short version is that AMD slipped an significant price increase into a request to add a provider. The cost should have been $150. But with the added clause slipped into the very bottom of the invoice the cost increased almost 100%. I have been trying for months to get this straightened out and no one in management will address it.

We were looking for something that would be better suited for urgent care with multiple locations. Everything went well with the sales staff of AdvancedMD and they were very helpful. The migration to AdvancedMD was what we expected. We use CM and the applications work but the way we have it set up is we have all of our locations under one key, which makes it a little bit more difficult for the reporting. At any rate, we recommend AdvancedMD.

We are a counseling agency and our practice management software was not able to handle the size we had grown to so we started researching, called about five companies, had them give us demos and we really appreciated all of AdvancedMD's features. We did the scheduler and the practice management but none of the electronic health record side. The purchasing process was easy but it was a lot of work to do the transition and get the clients into the system. There were a couple of things we were hoping would work that they could transfer in. They said, potentially, sometimes they can, sometimes they can’t, and they couldn’t with us so we ended up manually doing a whole lot.

The training, when we first got it, was good as well. But before we started the official training of meeting with her once a week for an hour, I wish they would have given us more of a general overview of what she was all showing us. We watched the videos that she assigned us all the time, and yet, it wasn’t until we got into the system that we saw what she was talking about. We wish we would’ve known that going in and we would have had a lot more intelligent questions when we were going through it. Also, we were assigned to someone to do our training but something happened with her and all of a sudden, we couldn't use the trainers. That was part of it that we felt a little bit like we were being squeezed between and rushed.

But I appreciate their helpdesk though I can definitely tell when we get people who are more trained than others. Occasionally, I can tell if someone's newer because their answer does not make sense at all but I'd call back a day later, ask the same question and get the answer that makes sense to me and seems to work. There are still pieces of it we were getting up to speed with. We mirrored our two systems for two months. We were following the process and things didn’t seem to be working and it wasn't until a few months later when we realized it made sense why we were doing it that way. As a whole, we're glad we have the system especially now that we understand more of it. Also, we really appreciate the help we get in general. Though it's expensive and above what we were hoping we'd spend, I still would recommend it.

The AdvancedMD medical billing software seemed very simple which was what we're looking for. Purchasing it was very easy and their sales staff was also very helpful. The only problem that I've had is if I chat with them, I can't print what's in the chat anymore. The print cuts down on us having to call back because I can look back and make a note at the top as to what the conversation was about and I should refer back to it if I have any problem. I was told they would email me the information but I didn't get it. But it's been a great experience and we've been very pleased with AdvancedMD.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AdvancedMD?

We have internal medicine and our use of AdvancedMD program was determined with our administrator and the providers. We use the PM and EHR systems which are easy and we're getting used to them. Also, we have always had good feedback from AdvancedMD reps and good response time as well when we either submitted a ticket online or when we called. We usually got somebody on the phone and if they couldn’t help us then, they usually got back to us within a timely fashion. It was easy to tell them what we had going on and how we needed to do it. They were usually pretty good about walking us through whatever we needed to do on our end. All in all, we are happy that we get a response from somebody at AdvancedMD.

AdvancedMD's billing software has been easy to use for our small GYN. Their customer service reps are fine and helped whenever we needed. I would recommend them.

We've been using AdvancedMD since the end of 2014. It's a little bit better than the software we used before. There's an option of getting AdvancedInsight instead of running individual reports which our old system did and that makes it a little bit more transparent as far as seeing everything that's going on. AdvancedMD's reps have been very nice and are really good at answering questions. If there's something that they can't answer, they're very good at finding out about it and getting back to me either via phone or email. They seem to be very knowledgeable and customer-oriented.

I've been using AdvancedMD for about four years and one of the hiccups we have had to do with the internet provider. The system is freezing up and there was apparently some issues with internet speed. When we have problems and we call customer service, the reps seem to be knowledgeable and they help us fix the problem. All in all, we're pleased with AdvancedMD and that's why we stick with it.

I do billing for multiple providers and one of them had AdvancedMD. The practice management software that I had before was bought out by AdvancedMD. So, our software got merged over to them and I loved it. Prior to AdvancedMD, we had another software vendor, and prior to that, we had MediSoft which I wasn't happy with. With the prior software, we had to purchase a practice management software and a separate EHR, but they were two separate companies so they did not correlate. While AdvancedMD offers both the PM and EHR, and they bridge together.

I love AdvancedMD's support. With them, I get on-the-spot help without having to wait, unlike with the other softwares, wherein I have to call, open up the page and wait for them to call me back. And sometimes, whatever my issue may be, it's something that I really need to be fixed right away, so that's a big plus with AdvancedMD. I have had nothing but good experiences with them and I highly recommend them. It has definitely made a difference with my business. I love that they're Cloud-based so no matter where I am at, I have access to the accounts. If I have an iPad, I can use that on-the-fly because it's internet-based. If I go for seminars or conferences, I can take the work with me so, I don't fall behind. So, it's definitely a win-win.

Being a medical billing company, we do billing for many different specialties. AdvancedMD was the program that was in use when I started with the company. It's the one that had the most flexibility that allowed us to have different things set up for different specialties. Right now, all of our clients are using the PM side and we have several clients that utilize the scheduler. We also had clients that used the EHR side of things. We have used pretty much everything in AdvancedMD at one point in time. It's a very easy to use the software program. I've been using this program for six years now and I've never really had any major issues with it.

Every staff member from AdvancedMD, regardless of being a salesman, implementation specialist or customer service rep, has been very friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable. The salespeople still answer our questions and I have a very good relationship with several of the salespeople as well as some of the implementation specialists because their service has always been awesome whenever we do run into little issues.

AdvancedMD was already in place when I came to work here. The company purchased it because it was the only software at the time that was compatible with the OTN. We got the practice management package from them. I came in 2012 and their support staff has greatly improved in the last year. The new people are much more helpful, friendly, quicker to respond and they seem happier, and overall better. The old support team was like pulling teeth trying to get any help or a response back. Some of the enhancements they are doing are really good, except for the collection module. To me, it seems more complicated and bogged down than what it used to be but we're very satisfied.

Advanced MD came recommended by Practice Fusion and the doctor trusted their recommendation. We use AdvancedMD's software strictly for billing. Their sales staff was amazing and wonderful and I love their support staff. They do a great job. My only one criticism is sometimes when I call support, I can be on hold for a while but other times, they answer right away. It's all been really good.

The wife of the owner of the company I am working for is a doctor, and nine years ago, her practice was being mismanaged. The company owner couldn't get the reports that he wanted when he was trying to check her revenue, so he did a lot of research, ran across AdvancedMD, and liked them the best. They got the practice management package. I have talked to everybody over at AdvancedMD and they were all positive interactions. Any time I call, they're all very helpful. When I started eight years ago and I didn't know anything about the software, the person that was training me had very little knowledge of it as well. But everyone at AdvancedMD--my account rep, the support team, implementation, and enrollment--taught me a lot about the system that I was able to provide that training to some of our employees, too.

They're a great company. I've been doing billing for over 20 years and this is the easiest software to use. We have the best reports, too. Years ago, with Windows, I would use function keys and they're just too hard. Additionally, I don't get the support that I get with AdvancedMD. So when I would have problems or would try to troubleshoot something, there was nobody there for me. AdvancedMD is a great software because they've made the work so easy and kept us up-to-date with all the changes in the billing. It's probably why a lot of other people in my office and I continue to do billing. I wish more doctors would use it.

Factual basis uncertain

We are small nonprofit organization that has only been using the AdvancedMD for a few months and have realized it's way too much for a small specialty practice (neuropsychology) like ours. It appears that it would work better for large practices who submit a lot of claims, but for us the process is clunky and too complicated. The ICD-10 lookup is not complete and I have found myself having to refer to the ICD-10 codebook to find the most specific diagnoses to use on claims. I have gotten better information from a Google search. This is important in behavioral health due to having to prove medical necessity for a mental health problem. Also, the CPT lookup has steered me wrong on the use of modifiers by giving information that is contrary to what the AMA manual says. I was assured that behavioral health was a specialty of AdvancedMD, but that does not seem to be the case.

I was told by the sales rep that if after using the software for a few months, we found that it wasn't working out, that we could terminate the agreement without a problem, even though we had signed a 12 month contract, and that he would waive the setup fees if we signed ($1,995.00). Upon requesting to terminate the agreement, the rep conveniently forgot telling me that and went even further by stating that he would never have said that because it is not the way they do business. I know, I shouldn't have agreed to the 12 months and that if it's not in the contract... Buyer beware, make sure that you thoroughly demo the software and get everything in writing.

The doctors decided, based on recommendation, to start using AdvancedMD. They got the practice management package and it's excellent. It's easy to use, accessible, and really makes a practice very efficient.

I run a medical billing service for radiology and physical therapy and my software was no longer going to be supported and improved, so I had to seek something new. I liked the look, format, and ease of use of AdvancedMD. I do the practice management module. I have been using it since 2007 and it is user-friendly.

We are a Pediatric/Adolescent medicine practice and we’re looking for an EMR compatible system with a Practice Management billing format. We were introduced to AdvancedMD through Practice Fusion and ended up going with them for electronic billing practice management system, which is a good system. So, we use all of electronic billing through AdvancedMD and it has been very easy using it. The support staff was also wonderful and walked and talked us through the system. Everyone we've ever had to talk to has been above and beyond. I love AdvancedMD. It's been a very good experience with them.

We service medical alarms for the elderly and disabled. We file at least 4,500 claims electronically. We chose to use AdvancedMD over other companies because they charge just one flat rate every month while some of the other billing systems would charge us $0.12 or $0.10 per claim. We have the practice management package and it was pretty simple purchasing and installing the software. One little issue was just learning how to use everything to what we need. It's hard to build a software around everybody's needs so we had to learn to adapt to what the billing system was. But every time we called, the customer service was great and put us in the right direction. I also really like the credit card processing out of it. We don't have to post the payments anymore as it does it automatically for us.

We're a small doctor's office and we do family and general practice. We looked at so many practice management systems because our previous one went out of business. We had looked at Athena and they would take over the billing but we wanted to keep that in-house. I had a couple of other practice management systems that I looked at where I have to enter the billing information but I couldn't store as much, like NDC numbers. I would have to enter that every time. We chose AdvancedMD and we liked the calendar a lot. It's really user-friendly for our front desk and some of the billing options were nice. I also liked some of the automated options in AdvancedMD.

Every time I switch practice management systems, there are always glitches I didn't know were gonna happen. For example, the insurance companies weren't set up into the detail that I thought they would be. I had to set up all the electronic payer transactions and other things I didn't expect to have to do. And through the transition process with AdvancedMD, I had to switch implementation consultants. The first implementation consultant left AdvancedMD in the middle of it so that was a little bit difficult for me. But it wasn't too bad because I ended up with Keith in the end. I couldn't have had a better gentleman to work with, so the most praise to him. So, that was a little bit more than I expected. I would definitely recommend AdvancedMD.

I'm a biller and the doctor told us to check out AdvancedMD. I use the PM side of it and have got good reaction from the support staff of AdvancedMD. They always solve my problems. The software is good and we always get a quick response from the tech support.

I got the full-service package from AdvancedMD for our sleep clinic and lab where we do consultations and follow-ups. We've been using their system for a little more than two years now. But there are a bunch of issues with their program at times. The systems are not up near a hundred percent of the time. Their integrated fax can be down for hours and it can be difficult to log on it sometimes. We let them know about these issues and they say they're working on it. But we're not super happy with how long it takes for them to get the stuff done. If everything is working correctly, the software is good.

I do ophthalmology and got AdvancedMD's practice management package for my office. That includes scheduling, billing, reporting and net receipts. Very user-friendly, easy to navigate. They have a marvelous tutorial system. So if you need to go back, it's right at your fingertips. They are with an index that if you forget something, you could just go back and have the problem solved very quickly. But once you begin to use it and really become familiar with it, it's very easy to get the information you need from it.

Their support staff is easy to get a hold of, friendly and helpful. Sometimes you wonder if they really get what you're asking. They are very good at the technical end of it and at solving computer glitches. But we have needy questions, sometimes, they are not that in depth. For example, I have a lot of accounting questions or questions about the business. They give me answers but it's not right then and there. But otherwise, I'm very satisfied and happy with them.

The whole process from the introduction and the discussions before implementation went excellent. It was very well brought out and established. So if you just followed along in the process they've set up, you would do just fine. It's very methodical and I'm finding the year later, I have questions about closing out my fiscal year or closing out patients. I can purchase an hour here or there and just have my list of questions, we go straight down and have it resolved, and then move on. So it has been very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking for a new software after having to discontinue our relationship with the one. AdvancedMD seemed to have a natural common sense, was well aware where everything should have been. Furthermore, its appearance and flow seemed better than the other two software. We're also better connected with their sales guy, Dane - he was good. We have their EHR and the Practice Manager, and since then added a couple of services.

We got into AdvancedMD fast because of how we had to come off the last software, so our training felt a little rushed. We've learned a lot of things on our own as we've gone through so that part was disheveled. But other than that, my experience has been good. Our account manager seems to be motivated about getting things done that we need to when we have issues.

The support staff at AdvancedMD is very helpful. Most of the time we use chat support. If there's something going wrong, they put a message in the system and it helps because their call line is so bogged down. I'm able to see the message on the chat support which gives a heads up that they put an outgoing message. When we're experiencing difficulty, we can still enter info then AdvancedMD will email when it's resolved. They will help until they find a solution. They'll dig into the situation, lead, and walk us through step by step on what needs to be done to find what we're looking for within the AMD.

We do Obstetrics and Gynecology and a physician who was starting Digicharts which is an EHR, was the one who recommended us to AdvancedMD. We liked Advanced more than the rest of the ones that we had been looking at and it goes well with the electronic medical records that we have. They have a good interface between them. It's very easy to learn an understand, to train the personnel, and very user-friendly. They have great videos that the employees can look at. We have the Practice Management but we don't use the EHR and use Digichart as our EHR. We also have the BMS, the medical, and the billing management program. AdvancedMD has been great from 2005, when they first trained us. Their training is absolutely very, very good and we had been very happy with it. Otherwise, we wouldn't have stuck with them all these years.

Moreover, the support is very good. However, it's little bit more complicated now because they have grown and there's not as many people in the support. Any of our staff members could call before but now, it's only a couple of people who are appointed to call. Other than that, it's a great company and we don't have any complaints about them. It's a company that is very easy to work with, the software works very well, and the reporting is very accurate.

I'm very pleased with AdvancedMD and I would recommend them. They are very helpful and very knowledgeable. The only thing that I do not like about them is if I don't hold on the line and wait for a representative leaving a message and a phone number when I call and have a question, I don't usually get a call back or I never get a timely call back from them. But if I hold on the line, I get what I need. Generally, I have to hold a while but whether I have to hold longer or shorter, it depends on what time of the day it is.

We have the EHR and the practice management from AdvancedMD for our OB/GYN practice. I was involved with the training staff, and that was great. They were able to show exactly how the product works. We're satisfied with what we've got and the service we're getting. We've been happy with them.

The doctor set up AdvancedMD for advancements and the ability in changes. We've had it for four years and sometimes there's a lot of issue of not working on a daily basis, and glitches and slowness. There are times where the two that we use don't talk to each other in Bridge. Like the other day, we couldn't get into a certain check-in button. Sometimes the problem is resolved within the same day and sometimes it takes a little bit longer. So we have to watch certain things. We use the system all the time. It's very user-friendly and customer service is readily there to help answer our questions.

We previously had the GE IDX and it was too robust, too expensive for us to continue on using. So we looked for an alternative that was more crowd-based and would cost less. We found AdvancedMD on an online search and we purchased their practice management for all of our scheduling and templating. My boss was the one who signed the contracts but I was very heavily involved in the whole implementation of it and the training. Me and my boss sat together for the demonstrations and everything went well. Obviously, one of the reasons why we went with them was because we had a good experience. Overall, it was easy, professional and customizable to what we were looking for.