toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We are a Pediatric/Adolescent medicine practice and we’re looking for an EMR compatible system with a Practice Management billing format. We were introduced to AdvancedMD through Practice Fusion and ended up going with them for electronic billing practice management system, which is a good system. So, we use all of electronic billing through AdvancedMD and it has been very easy using it. The support staff was also wonderful and walked and talked us through the system. Everyone we've ever had to talk to has been above and beyond. I love AdvancedMD. It's been a very good experience with them.

I do billing for multiple providers and one of them had AdvancedMD. The practice management software that I had before was bought out by AdvancedMD. So, our software got merged over to them and I loved it. Prior to AdvancedMD, we had another software vendor, and prior to that, we had MediSoft which I wasn't happy with. With the prior software, we had to purchase a practice management software and a separate EHR, but they were two separate companies so they did not correlate. While AdvancedMD offers both the PM and EHR, and they bridge together.

I love AdvancedMD's support. With them, I get on-the-spot help without having to wait, unlike with the other softwares, wherein I have to call, open up the page and wait for them to call me back. And sometimes, whatever my issue may be, it's something that I really need to be fixed right away, so that's a big plus with AdvancedMD. I have had nothing but good experiences with them and I highly recommend them. It has definitely made a difference with my business. I love that they're Cloud-based so no matter where I am at, I have access to the accounts. If I have an iPad, I can use that on-the-fly because it's internet-based. If I go for seminars or conferences, I can take the work with me so, I don't fall behind. So, it's definitely a win-win.

Being a medical billing company, we do billing for many different specialties. AdvancedMD was the program that was in use when I started with the company. It's the one that had the most flexibility that allowed us to have different things set up for different specialties. Right now, all of our clients are using the PM side and we have several clients that utilize the scheduler. We also had clients that used the EHR side of things. We have used pretty much everything in AdvancedMD at one point in time. It's a very easy to use the software program. I've been using this program for six years now and I've never really had any major issues with it.

Every staff member from AdvancedMD, regardless of being a salesman, implementation specialist or customer service rep, has been very friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable. The salespeople still answer our questions and I have a very good relationship with several of the salespeople as well as some of the implementation specialists because their service has always been awesome whenever we do run into little issues.

The wife of the owner of the company I am working for is a doctor, and nine years ago, her practice was being mismanaged. The company owner couldn't get the reports that he wanted when he was trying to check her revenue, so he did a lot of research, ran across AdvancedMD, and liked them the best. They got the practice management package. I have talked to everybody over at AdvancedMD and they were all positive interactions. Any time I call, they're all very helpful. When I started eight years ago and I didn't know anything about the software, the person that was training me had very little knowledge of it as well. But everyone at AdvancedMD--my account rep, the support team, implementation, and enrollment--taught me a lot about the system that I was able to provide that training to some of our employees, too.

They're a great company. I've been doing billing for over 20 years and this is the easiest software to use. We have the best reports, too. Years ago, with Windows, I would use function keys and they're just too hard. Additionally, I don't get the support that I get with AdvancedMD. So when I would have problems or would try to troubleshoot something, there was nobody there for me. AdvancedMD is a great software because they've made the work so easy and kept us up-to-date with all the changes in the billing. It's probably why a lot of other people in my office and I continue to do billing. I wish more doctors would use it.

Factual basis uncertain

We are small nonprofit organization that has only been using the AdvancedMD for a few months and have realized it's way too much for a small specialty practice (neuropsychology) like ours. It appears that it would work better for large practices who submit a lot of claims, but for us the process is clunky and too complicated. The ICD-10 lookup is not complete and I have found myself having to refer to the ICD-10 codebook to find the most specific diagnoses to use on claims. I have gotten better information from a Google search. This is important in behavioral health due to having to prove medical necessity for a mental health problem. Also, the CPT lookup has steered me wrong on the use of modifiers by giving information that is contrary to what the AMA manual says. I was assured that behavioral health was a specialty of AdvancedMD, but that does not seem to be the case.

I was told by the sales rep that if after using the software for a few months, we found that it wasn't working out, that we could terminate the agreement without a problem, even though we had signed a 12 month contract, and that he would waive the setup fees if we signed ($1,995.00). Upon requesting to terminate the agreement, the rep conveniently forgot telling me that and went even further by stating that he would never have said that because it is not the way they do business. I know, I shouldn't have agreed to the 12 months and that if it's not in the contract... Buyer beware, make sure that you thoroughly demo the software and get everything in writing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AdvancedMD?

The doctors decided, based on recommendation, to start using AdvancedMD. They got the practice management package and it's excellent. It's easy to use, accessible, and really makes a practice very efficient.

I run a medical billing service for radiology and physical therapy and my software was no longer going to be supported and improved, so I had to seek something new. I liked the look, format, and ease of use of AdvancedMD. I do the practice management module. I have been using it since 2007 and it is user-friendly.

We service medical alarms for the elderly and disabled. We file at least 4,500 claims electronically. We chose to use AdvancedMD over other companies because they charge just one flat rate every month while some of the other billing systems would charge us $0.12 or $0.10 per claim. We have the practice management package and it was pretty simple purchasing and installing the software. One little issue was just learning how to use everything to what we need. It's hard to build a software around everybody's needs so we had to learn to adapt to what the billing system was. But every time we called, the customer service was great and put us in the right direction. I also really like the credit card processing out of it. We don't have to post the payments anymore as it does it automatically for us.

We're a small doctor's office and we do family and general practice. We looked at so many practice management systems because our previous one went out of business. We had looked at Athena and they would take over the billing but we wanted to keep that in-house. I had a couple of other practice management systems that I looked at where I have to enter the billing information but I couldn't store as much, like NDC numbers. I would have to enter that every time. We chose AdvancedMD and we liked the calendar a lot. It's really user-friendly for our front desk and some of the billing options were nice. I also liked some of the automated options in AdvancedMD.

Every time I switch practice management systems, there are always glitches I didn't know were gonna happen. For example, the insurance companies weren't set up into the detail that I thought they would be. I had to set up all the electronic payer transactions and other things I didn't expect to have to do. And through the transition process with AdvancedMD, I had to switch implementation consultants. The first implementation consultant left AdvancedMD in the middle of it so that was a little bit difficult for me. But it wasn't too bad because I ended up with Keith in the end. I couldn't have had a better gentleman to work with, so the most praise to him. So, that was a little bit more than I expected. I would definitely recommend AdvancedMD.

I'm a biller and the doctor told us to check out AdvancedMD. I use the PM side of it and have got good reaction from the support staff of AdvancedMD. They always solve my problems. The software is good and we always get a quick response from the tech support.

I got the full-service package from AdvancedMD for our sleep clinic and lab where we do consultations and follow-ups. We've been using their system for a little more than two years now. But there are a bunch of issues with their program at times. The systems are not up near a hundred percent of the time. Their integrated fax can be down for hours and it can be difficult to log on it sometimes. We let them know about these issues and they say they're working on it. But we're not super happy with how long it takes for them to get the stuff done. If everything is working correctly, the software is good.

I do ophthalmology and got AdvancedMD's practice management package for my office. That includes scheduling, billing, reporting and net receipts. Very user-friendly, easy to navigate. They have a marvelous tutorial system. So if you need to go back, it's right at your fingertips. They are with an index that if you forget something, you could just go back and have the problem solved very quickly. But once you begin to use it and really become familiar with it, it's very easy to get the information you need from it.

Their support staff is easy to get a hold of, friendly and helpful. Sometimes you wonder if they really get what you're asking. They are very good at the technical end of it and at solving computer glitches. But we have needy questions, sometimes, they are not that in depth. For example, I have a lot of accounting questions or questions about the business. They give me answers but it's not right then and there. But otherwise, I'm very satisfied and happy with them.

The whole process from the introduction and the discussions before implementation went excellent. It was very well brought out and established. So if you just followed along in the process they've set up, you would do just fine. It's very methodical and I'm finding the year later, I have questions about closing out my fiscal year or closing out patients. I can purchase an hour here or there and just have my list of questions, we go straight down and have it resolved, and then move on. So it has been very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking for a new software after having to discontinue our relationship with the one. AdvancedMD seemed to have a natural common sense, was well aware where everything should have been. Furthermore, its appearance and flow seemed better than the other two software. We're also better connected with their sales guy, Dane - he was good. We have their EHR and the Practice Manager, and since then added a couple of services.

We got into AdvancedMD fast because of how we had to come off the last software, so our training felt a little rushed. We've learned a lot of things on our own as we've gone through so that part was disheveled. But other than that, my experience has been good. Our account manager seems to be motivated about getting things done that we need to when we have issues.

The support staff at AdvancedMD is very helpful. Most of the time we use chat support. If there's something going wrong, they put a message in the system and it helps because their call line is so bogged down. I'm able to see the message on the chat support which gives a heads up that they put an outgoing message. When we're experiencing difficulty, we can still enter info then AdvancedMD will email when it's resolved. They will help until they find a solution. They'll dig into the situation, lead, and walk us through step by step on what needs to be done to find what we're looking for within the AMD.

We do Obstetrics and Gynecology and a physician who was starting Digicharts which is an EHR, was the one who recommended us to AdvancedMD. We liked Advanced more than the rest of the ones that we had been looking at and it goes well with the electronic medical records that we have. They have a good interface between them. It's very easy to learn an understand, to train the personnel, and very user-friendly. They have great videos that the employees can look at. We have the Practice Management but we don't use the EHR and use Digichart as our EHR. We also have the BMS, the medical, and the billing management program. AdvancedMD has been great from 2005, when they first trained us. Their training is absolutely very, very good and we had been very happy with it. Otherwise, we wouldn't have stuck with them all these years.

Moreover, the support is very good. However, it's little bit more complicated now because they have grown and there's not as many people in the support. Any of our staff members could call before but now, it's only a couple of people who are appointed to call. Other than that, it's a great company and we don't have any complaints about them. It's a company that is very easy to work with, the software works very well, and the reporting is very accurate.

I'm very pleased with AdvancedMD and I would recommend them. They are very helpful and very knowledgeable. The only thing that I do not like about them is if I don't hold on the line and wait for a representative leaving a message and a phone number when I call and have a question, I don't usually get a call back or I never get a timely call back from them. But if I hold on the line, I get what I need. Generally, I have to hold a while but whether I have to hold longer or shorter, it depends on what time of the day it is.

We have the EHR and the practice management from AdvancedMD for our OB/GYN practice. I was involved with the training staff, and that was great. They were able to show exactly how the product works. We're satisfied with what we've got and the service we're getting. We've been happy with them.

The doctor set up AdvancedMD for advancements and the ability in changes. We've had it for four years and sometimes there's a lot of issue of not working on a daily basis, and glitches and slowness. There are times where the two that we use don't talk to each other in Bridge. Like the other day, we couldn't get into a certain check-in button. Sometimes the problem is resolved within the same day and sometimes it takes a little bit longer. So we have to watch certain things. We use the system all the time. It's very user-friendly and customer service is readily there to help answer our questions.

We previously had the GE IDX and it was too robust, too expensive for us to continue on using. So we looked for an alternative that was more crowd-based and would cost less. We found AdvancedMD on an online search and we purchased their practice management for all of our scheduling and templating. My boss was the one who signed the contracts but I was very heavily involved in the whole implementation of it and the training. Me and my boss sat together for the demonstrations and everything went well. Obviously, one of the reasons why we went with them was because we had a good experience. Overall, it was easy, professional and customizable to what we were looking for.

We were with P.M. software, then AdvancedMD took over their software and we've been happy with it. We are very satisfied and we have no complaints.

I came aboard with Pediatric Associates two and a half years ago and they had already purchased AdvancedMD. Since we started on the EHR side, I was the one to help implement that. As far as the staff at AdvancedMD, they were wonderful. I studied the EHR side so much so that sometimes when I would run across something I couldn’t figure out, I would call the services at AdvancedMD and a lot of times they couldn’t answer my question. I would end up figuring out before they knew it, which was strange. But for the most part, they’re all nice and they bend over backwards trying to answer and fix any concern that we have. They also always respond. I worked with Athena before I came aboard with this pediatric practice, and when I was working with AdvancedMD, it was so much more user-friendly than Athena ever was. As far as doing things, I really like AdvancedMD a whole lot better.

We have a dermatology office and we used to have Med2000 and we tried something else for three months before AdvancedMD. AdvancedMD gave our biller the most advantage in billing, so she decided to choose this program. The training went pretty okay but we still find a lot of things about AdvancedMD that’s not satisfactory that could may be made simpler. For example, editing - instead of having to void about a transaction, it’d be a lot quicker if we can edit it. They don’t allow you to void even though it’s just a minor mistake. So in the record, it just shows so many transactions to sort through if you want to look up some information like payments. It is also difficult to track unapplied credits once we applied it.

We have talked to customer service, but it’s not something that they were able to resolve. A lot of the people online have the same problem. They all agree that we should be able to edit rather than delete and void a lot of places. The sales staff try to help to work through the problem, but it’s still many steps. That makes it very difficult rather than simple as we would have hoped it’d be. Despite that, the people at AdvancedMD are very professional. The people that we call in when we have issues, they’re very nice and good. The program is good; it just needs more revision.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My boss got AdvancedMD and I also used it when I started working with them. My trainer was awesome and I've had good training with the EHR, but our two counselors and nurse practitioner didn't seem that they got the training they thought they should have so they had to do things on their own. When I first started, I had a couple trying to get my claim submitted and AdvancedMD's staff worked through them because it had an error on their end. They haven’t promoted up for the electronic claims to go through for the State of Nebraska, but I haven’t had any difficulties since then. Sometimes, I get a computer glitch and it says it won't accept a certain file and then I have to close everything out and go back in. But it didn’t keep happening.

I started looking into a medical billing software because I was not using a particular one before, as I was doing a solo practice. We did house billing, which was more cost-effective than outsourcing to a regular billing company. It was easy purchasing AdvancedMD, and their staff was quite helpful. However, I can't say how it's going to be in the long run because the practice is new and the volume is low or slow, and most of it was cash-based. We just submitted two bills to insurance companies, and we'll see.

We're into medical practice particularly a medical doctor – Gastroenterologist. We’re already a client of AdvancedMD for 2-3 years now. I’m happy with them because they help me. However, it's a very small practice and the Gastroenterologist is the only doctor. We do the scheduling with practice fusion and then we do billing with AdvancedMD. Lately I realized that there were new people who take longer to help out when we call for help, but they’re always trying to help which is a good thing. They help me to fix. They’re very nice, kind, very professional and they also try to invite me to a seminar. I like working with AdvancedMD.

We purchased the practice management package from AdvancedMD. We liked it at the time and one of the doctors here liked the way it was financed. Their staff is friendly and helpful. If they do not know the answer to my question, they will find out for me. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The mental health business that I got hired on is running with AdvancedMD. They got it about a month before I started working there. We have almost full service except a few different add-ons - we have the HER side and the practice management side, too. AdvancedMD's staff are friendly, very personable, and always willing to help. The only thing is that I typically am able to figure out the answer I'm looking for by myself. They don't know the answer if it's regarding the billing setup. They had issues with billing under one provider or having an alternate ID without setting up an alternate thing so billing at one insurance is different than other insurances. They didn't even ask me how I figured it out or do anything. I don't like that with the billing side, we have to babysit it to make sure it's going out right. If it's not set up correctly, then we have to go back and do a lot of research to figure out what's going on with it.

Still, the system is user-friendly. I feel like our productivity has increased a lot since I've taken over billing but when I first got hired, I'm out with scheduling so AdvancedMD would have made it pretty easy. I also think that having a community in the area which uses the same system as us, being able to have an open forum, talking with each other so we can help each other out would be nice. However here in Idaho Falls, the closest contacts are far away.

My workplace has been a customer of AdvancedMD for many years. We got the package that includes practice management, CHR, RCM, and EHR. Recently, we also got the Advanced Fax. I like that we can look things up through various ways. It doesn't always have to be their name, it could be their home phone number. That might be a flaw that it doesn't have all the numbers being looked up, but those are nice things. Also, their staff are very professional and helpful almost all the time.

Factual basis uncertain

Where do I begin... The purpose of an Electronic Health Records systems is for medical providers to be able to keep records of medical visits and send medications. "Advanced"MD has not delivered on these two VITAL aspects of being an EHR company. In our very busy outpatient psychiatric clinic -we have DAILY technical issues with this software and the response of this company has been SUBSTANDARD at best.

In addition to all of this is their poor response time. To this day I have never received phone calls back on items I brought up to their technical staff when they said they would. One technical person said he would call me in 20 minutes - never happened. Another technical person (Jacob) said he would call next day... never heard from him again. I have called and left messages with Hilary - no returned calls.

Our first MAJOR issues - which is STILL an issue - is the fact that AdvancedMD has a glitchy eprescribe system. It is a daily concern of ours that this company has had continued negligence in getting medications to patients via the pharmacies we try to send medications to. I personally have spoken to the technical staff at AdvancedMD and noted that PATIENTS ARE AT A HEALTH RISK IF THEY DO NOT GET THEIR MEDICATIONS. AdvancedMD agreed -but has done virtually nothing to assist with daily technical errors (Pending Acceptance, Pending with DrFirst etc.) This company could care less if they hurt someone because we cannot send medications. One doctor here uses another EHR because of AMD's inability to fix the problem. Another doctor uses extra time, precious time, to call in medications to the pharmacies.

They NEVER accepted the fault of these prescription errors - and they honestly wanted me to call every pharmacy when I have an error (also taking up time) and rattle off an alphanumerical transaction ID for EACH prescription THEY could not send to the pharmacy. RIDICULOUS!!! I'm NOT calling these in each time a prescription fails!

I'm writing this review today because our office is experiencing a BRAND NEW error! A technical error that is not saving medical notes for the doctors. Upon calling "Advanced"MD they stated, "we know there is a problem. Everyone in your office is having it. We are working on it but we don't know when it will be fixed - and all of our clients are experiencing this." I hope it doesn't take weeks... because our other issues having been going on for MONTHS! Need a new EHR... look somewhere else!

AdvancedMD support is not as knowledgeable as they should be, the level 1 in particular. They should have specific representatives assigned to clinics that are knowledgeable with using the system. When I talk to tier 1, I’ve been in the system years longer than they have and most of the time I know more than they do. Every time they update something, they break something up. We used to have an awesome eligibility system and we don’t trust it at all. So we’re paying for a broken system again. A lot of frustrations and I’m not the only one out there.