4.31/5
Based on 60 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AdvancedMD provides the most comprehensive medical office software suite in the industry. Our EHR, billing and patient experience tools are used by more than 45,000 physicians and backed by expert practice advocates.

The AdvancedMD experience is unlike any other because the products are designed by medical professionals, for medical professionals. The software adapts to your needs: charting, billing and scheduling processes can be customized to fit your specialty and workflows. User-friendly dashboards, one-click tasks and automated processes increase efficiency while a robust suite of patient experience tools increases satisfaction and retention.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 12, 2018

149 AdvancedMD Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I searched online to find out what all online medical records were out there. I happen to like the clinical work so I picked AdvancedMD. But they were very pricey upfront. They wanted a lot of cash to deem and to begin to set it up. On a brand new clinic, I’m paying for everything on my own and AdvancedMD was not something that was visibly an option for me. But their reps were willing to work with me. They gave me two months free and gave me a sliding scale upon starting out just in case we had a low patient volume to start. I watched a dozen webinars on different companies that had software and I thought theirs was very user-friendly.

Their sales staff was good, however, the people that helped implement it was a little slow. I agreed with them in November. By January 1, it was supposed to be up and running but it was not. In fact, they’re still working out the kinks on the EMR side of it. So, I’m not happy with that part and they didn’t even do anything for three weeks. I know now why I had two months for free Also, the salespersons said to me, “There’s only so many others and we’ve got a lot of people we have to see and we have sided with you in whom we’ve got to spot.” I didn’t like that part. I felt like if they were that low staffed, they should have more people to take care of and do the job.

They had a lot of videos that we could watch online, which we did utilize and take advantage of. They would call us to give us training but we were way ahead of them because we already watched all of that. We had the clinic up and running for two weeks before they even gave me a password so we can e-scribe and that was a pain. But they’re finally getting the bugs worked out. If they would’ve had it up and running like they said they would the first of January and we started seeing patients on the third, I shouldn’t have been doing paper charts. They didn’t even bother to turn it on until we were at the end of January. By that time I had 75 charts that I had to go and put in, which was ridiculous.

I would tell my friends to ask for more than two months free. On the third and fourth month, I already have to pay $500. I signed a contract with them and it’s a year contract. That was a nice part wherein I wasn’t stuck with a lot of money upfront and I wasn’t stuck with them for a long length of time. That was one of the other reasons I went them in case I decided for some crazy reason I did not like them. Nevertheless, their helpdesk has been really awesome. If we had a particular claim that we’ve had an issue with, we have been able to call the helpdesk and they have been really good. I liked their software. It is easy to use, very user-friendly. It’s just really sad that there are people that I signed a contract with that didn’t follow through which was really frustrating. Overall, I’m satisfied but I’m not 100% happy. They still got a long ways to go.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I've had a very good experience with AdvanceMD. We are a cardiology/interventional cardiology practice. The third-party who was initially managing the office introduced AdvanceMD since they have had a few clients who use AdvancedMD. In 2012, when they took over and wanted to manage the practice, they brought in AdvanceMD. Our package has the scheduling, practice management, as well as the billing modules. It is always better to have the practice management associated with the billing or the billing associated with the practice management so that the data are in conjunction. Moreover, it is much easier to pull the data back and forth.

We did not purchase anything as they don’t sell the software. They own the product and we pay a monthly fee to use it. Signing up for the service was very easy. Their reps were all very professional and cooperative. Moreover, they all have the knowledge to work on the product they are offering. Overall, I have had a good experience with them. I've had no issues with regards to the data storage and putting the patients into the system. The reports are excellent and the software is much easier to use as well as very comprehensive. I wouldn't change to any other software which is available in the market at this point in time. Any person right out of medical school who wants to open their solo practice would require guidance from a team, which any software company would have, to settle issues initially. I would recommend using AdvanceMD. The company is excellent to work with.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We purchased AdvancedMD in October last year and have been using it since then. When I first got hired on by the doctor, he asked me to look for a program. I started looking online. I compared and looked at the Youtube videos. AdvancedMD had everything that I was looking for. It was simple and very user-friendly. I initiated everything with Rob. The doctor I worked for wouldn't decide whether he wanted it or not. Rob kept on and never let me go. He said that he'd be there until the doctor makes up his mind. I even asked him if I could purchase it on my own and just get the billing part if the doctor did not want to do anything. He told me, “Absolutely, just let me know.” Moreover, he was very helpful in every single way.

Once the doctor agreed to the purchase, Shailo became my contact and she was awesome. It has been a great experience and AdvancedMD has been very helpful. Not once have I ever thought, “Why did I ever purchase this system?” We use the scheduling, the billing, the EHR, and the electronic prescriptions. We purchased everything except the feature that lets us do an online face to face with patients through an iPad because a lot of our patients are elderly and are not familiar with or just don't want to learn how to use iPads. The support I have received has been wonderful. Everyone sends me updates and forwards me emails. They tell me that they are there if I ever need them. I highly recommend AdvancedMD to any physician. It’s one of the best investments that the doctor has done in his practice.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We are an Urgent Primary Care facility. We heard about AdvancedMD from someone who works for the Topeka Housing Authority who had used them. We are using pretty much the full service. We have advanced insight, we have the facts, we have practice management and medical. Their support staff has been great. Since it’s been implemented, the support has been really good.

However, it was a little rocky at the beginning of our implementation training. The trainer wasn’t a good fit and when we got moved to a different trainer, it was different between night and day. I can’t say enough about Mary. We were not in the same time zone as our first trainer, so that made scheduling a little difficult sometimes. It would be a good idea to look if they keep everybody in the same time zone. There were also inconsistencies in the form templates. They did not have the same fonts, not even the same information between similar templates. Our practitioner just timed in. The information in the system is outdated and also in the health files. The health files are also not current with what where we’re at. It’ll show a screen that looks not even close to what we’ve got. But overall, AdvancedMD meets our needs.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

EMR and PM - I was presented with a presentation of superiority and the actuality was less than superior!! I was charged an outrageous fee which was presented as a superior savings. I contacted the company months in advance and was asking for service days before my actual opening. All of the trainings resulted in multiple problems and leaving me with hours of endless work creating my own templates!! To date, we have never had a complete walkthrough of a patient visit, and have never had a training without multiple issues!!

After saying we were frustrated and done with service, we have had to go through multiple sources stating our unhappiness with multiple responses of fixing something that is broken beyond repair. Will someone please tell me how an infant's assessment of oriented is appropriate!!?? That is just the tip of the iceberg. A company that promises something they can't deliver should listen and reciprocate without all the questions!!! Do not recommend at any level!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AdvancedMD?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I’m in internal medicine practice and I opened an office almost two years ago. When I started looking for EMRs, some friends recommended another program and I went with that without looking into anything else. But two months into it, I was miserable, so I started looking again. I was coming from Epic which was too expensive to be afforded by one physician office. I did almost eight EMR demos but I picked AdvancedMD. At that time, the manager from AdvancedMD, who was also the person who introduced me to their EMR, knew that I was burnt out and so he helped me the best he could and offered me a good deal. I needed AdvancedMD’s Practice Management and EMR, so those were the first things I went with. Then almost a year and two months later, I decided to be with their billing as well. I love the whole deal.

AdvancedMD was complete as compared to other EMRs and if I have a question and I call, their support system is on it. It was a rough start, but I understand that because if you've used an EMR and liked it, and then change your EMR to something crappy, and then want to change, you always second guessed if you were making the wrong decisions. The process with AdvancedMD was of moderate complexity. There are too many clicking, and I have to go from page to page to get the information. I go from one problem list, separately check the review button, close that page, and then go on to the second one. And then when everything confirms, I have to click on the okay.

I would rather prefer a summary page that would give me the whole overview of what a patient is having or what allergies they have, and also give me the patient’s picture, demographic, their problem list, their recent labs or medication list, so I can see and check, then review. AdvancedMD can change many things that can make our lives easy and there are some steps that they can eliminate. There is room for them to improve. If you give them a suggestion, they do work on it. I’m very pleased with the decision of going with them and I already recommended them to a group of friends who are looking for a new EMR.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

The billing software we had was a DOS system. I had to change to something and AdvancedMD was a recommendation. We got a practice management package back in 2012, because that’s all that was needed at that time. The people are fabulous. They'd do a demo and we could see the product, play with it, and we could ask them questions. Back in 2012, they gave us 20 hours of training and walked us through everything. They’re all extremely professional.

Now, it’s mandated that everybody have EHR, so we just bought their EHR program as well. The gal that set us up for it got transferred, so she’s no longer in our district. However, she said that she started this, and she's going to follow it through. So, she’s still working with us. They are that comfortable. We’re going into a partnership where other people have other software, and I can’t tell how I have been the AdvancedMD’s advocate.

The support system is fabulous as well. One can just pick up the phone and dial a number. Or if he's a techie, he can go online, do live chat and all this stuff. They have a whole library of videos to learn. They’re over and above league than anybody else have. It’s not cheap, but it’s not the most expensive either. We get what we pay for. One more thing was that they had an obnoxiously horrible hold music. I complained about it enough and they changed it. It was a national company. And the way I got it, I told them to call the CEO and put him on hold and watch how fast that hold music was, and it quickly happened.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

We are a pain management clinic and have been an existing AdvancedMD client for seven years. Purchasing the software was easy. We’ve had the practice management side and we recently chose to change our current outsource billing company and looked to them for their own in-house billing since they are the software that we use. We've already set up with the main core components, and so adding modules was not a problem. So, we just added our own RCM, the billing side.

The people have been easy to get in contact with and to correspond back and forth to keep us informed of the progress and status. We have been assigned a very informative contact person that is doing on-hand training with us weekly. And so, that’s been a very smooth transition. We are redefining how much on-hand experience that we have in our billing sector. And so, that has played a big part in our accounts receivable. We’re hoping to get that under control. AdvancedMD is a very user-friendly program that’s easy to learn either by oneself or with tutorial training. It has the online tutorials, as well as a support staff that one could pick up the phone and call.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We own a medical billing company and a few years ago, we started doing research on different software. We found out about AdvancedMD through online research and comparisons. They work really well with billing companies and they’re a good partner. Moreover, they have a CBO account that allows someone to see all of their accounts together so they can see how they're doing overall as a company very easily.

Purchasing was very easy and the sales rep was awesome, attentive and helpful. They’ve worked through some things that a new company would need to work through which I appreciated. We got the practice management package and use the system every day. We’re transitioning from our old software to AdvancedMD. It's been a little challenging because we have some providers that are a little hesitant to change, but we’re hoping that within the next year we’ll be fully on the AdvancedMD platform. It’s a user-friendly platform and it has a lot of nice bells and whistles, but for reporting, one needs to get the AdvancedInsight.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

We were leaving one hospital system and starting our own practice and we needed something better than what we were using. And so our IT group did a research on several of them. They showed us several and we liked AdvancedMD the best. My big interaction was with Erin, one of the implementation people, and she was fantastic. We had a really short timeline of getting up and running and anything I needed I could email her and she emailed me back. She was very flexible with her time schedule for what we needed and when we did those conference calls. She was extremely helpful. Now that our 90 days are up, I have had to contact the communication or the IT troubleshooting people. Once I did the online chat thing and that was easy and very helpful. I still have an issue that we’re going back and forth emails so that we can try to get it figured out. They haven’t gotten to the bottom of it yet, but that’s the only bad part.

We have the practice management scheduler and the EHR. And out of all the systems that I’ve used, it is the easiest and most user-friendly. It streamlines all of the things that are time-consuming like calling your patients. It texts them for you. And then on the EHR side, there is nothing that is perfect out there, but it’s a lot easier than a lot of other systems. The thing that I really like about AdvancedMD is that they always continue to try to make it better and new all the time. And that is really important to us because we don’t want to purchase something and then we’d be super outdated three years later. With this system, that is not going to be the case.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I'm a Chiropractor and our billing software was going obsolete. I completed something online and they gave me the top five. AdvancedMD was the first one I talked to and I got everything that they offered - the EHR and the billing software. However, we’re doing our EOBs online and that’s taken quite a while. I’m doing the training now with the trainer and she's really good. There’s a couple of glitches in the system that has kinda messed up our billing. Our problem is I cannot put any copay in there. Because if I put a copay amount in there, even if they have a copay, then the procedure code does not show up on the claims.

Also, when a patient comes in and they have a parent as the guarantor, I put that in the system. If I forget to put the relationship and if I just put “self” for their mom or dad, then the bill goes out to the parents. It goes out to the insurance company under the parent’s name and not the child’s name even though everything in there is under the child.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

AdvancedMD's help staff is good. I do online checks. When an online check doesn't work, I call them. I've never met one who could not straighten me out, answer my question or give me guidance. If it wasn't for them, there would be some days when I'd pull my hair out. We are an ophthalmology clinic with one full-time and two part-time doctors. There are two of us that do the work with the insurance and the billing. I typically post payments and do the customer billing. Plus, I take care of any problems like exclusions, unbilled claims, and anything that we get back from an insurance company that they can't cover for one reason or another.

There are a things that are a little bit frustrating in the software that comes with changing programs. For example, I'm in a patient window and I've scrolled down to a line way down on the history tab. If I look at their insurance tab then go back to the history tab, I will be back on the top line instead of where I was at before. However, we've gotten used to working with it. It's helpful. Plus, I like the online check since I can keep working while I'm waiting for somebody.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

We're a primary care physician's office for internal medicine, and the owner of the company and the previous biller no longer agreed on how to proceed in business. The owner also thought it was a good time to bring billing in-house anyway. AdvancedMD was a name that came up a lot during research for a good billing software. We've been with them a little over six months now but frequently, it's difficult to get a hold of people who you are supposed to be able to talk to. Either they're not answering their phones or they don't respond to emails. But the software itself is fantastic. It has a reputation for being incredibly comprehensive and it is. It also lends itself well to small and large practices so it was ideal because we're hoping to expand and I didn't want to have to change again. It also has an EHR integrated very nicely with the EHR we are using.

We signed on for six months with their RCM department and then the agreement was to transition to just paying for the software after six months once we got our feet on the ground. Part of that package deal was four hours of free training on how to do billing, particularly how to process claims from start to finish. But when we tried to get our four hours, they tried to tell us we had to pay for another three months of RCM. Plus every time I talked to a new person, they had no idea what we were talking about. This was problematic because we're talking about people I spoke with often enough that I knew them by their first name.

The sales rep did not pass along appropriate information to the RCM team, which did not appear to be communicating in any way with the people who do the filing of the claims as well. When I was assigned a new sales rep to handle our transition process, that poor guy had no idea what the heck was going on either. It was really frustrating. There was a lot of back and forth going on when our contract was almost up and we had to really bend over and go through a lot of hoops and barrels to get what we had agreed on. But when I finally got in contact with their training person, got through all that registration and actually got started doing the four hours, the people were great.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I do family practice and have had AdvancedMD for about six years now. We got their full suite and so we have the EHR and the PM along with all but one of the add-ons. The software is good, easy to use and I like it. The customer service is also great. They get the work orders in and they're taken care of in a timely manner. Everything's been super easy, fluid and efficient. AdvancedMD is a great system and a great company to use.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

We deal with joint pain, so we do a lot of injections. We have the full-service RCM package from AdvancedMD. We were using the PM and EHR side for five years and we just started using the RCM a month ago. Their customer service has been really good. They were really friendly and helpful. They answered all the questions and if they didn't know, they got the information.

However, working with RCM this last month, it's been a hassle to get a hold of anybody. The fact that I don't have direct contact with somebody that's in charge of our office key is a little frustrating. I have to create a case and then wait a week maybe to hear back from someone. I want to have direct contact with who ever is in charge of our office key when it comes to our billing stuff.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

We provide chiropractic medicine and aesthetic services, medical and HCG weight loss, Total Sensitivity Testing, different kinds of allergen testing, immunotherapy, nutrition and detox, and we've had AdvancedMD for a couple of months now. We have the PM and EHR parts of AdvancedMD and there are a lot of things to be learned. We are trying to teach ourselves but the software is also user-friendly and function so we just need a little bit more practice and time and a lot of questions.

I've talked to the customer support agents 25 times and all the questions that I had have been answered so we're satisfied so far. All of them were so professional, knowledgeable and nice too. We are happy to continue to use the software and I hope in the future it will be the same. This one is very convenient to use and simple. I don't have experience with any other medical software but I have experience with a lot and this one stuck to us. I will recommend it as well.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

We use AdvancedMD for pediatrics. The doctor was previously with a different company and she decided to go with AdvancedMD since they said they could specify specifically for pediatrics because it's just her alone and there are no other doctors. So, she didn't want any primary practice type. In addition, the fact that it's an internet application makes it very easy to use. If we need to log in at home, we have access to everything without any down or lag time. The staff is also great. We still have some issues to work out with the back end part, but that's because we rushed them as there was a last minute change to the EMR and it pushed our timeline up. Each element has a different trainer, but over the last few weeks, Christina's been our primary point person and we've been working mostly with her. She usually responds within a day when we send her an email.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

We are a psychiatric facility and we've been using the AdvancedMD PM for three months. There are help files so that helps when using the software. We also use their live chat support and call. They have great support and our questions are being answered. Our implementation specialist is also of great help.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

We are a scoliosis treatment and we do customized braces for scoliosis. Our other office in Fairfax has AdvancedMD and we got the same package. We do scheduling and pretty much all the package with it. We also have electronic billing but it’s not used right now. Annie is our trainer and I've been doing one on one sessions with her for our training time and it's been great. She's been helping us through every step in doing the two offices for our single and of doing both of them together. There was some miscommunication with Tyler when we tried to start our office and set up our package. But it all got straightened out and it's all been fine ever since.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

AdvancedMD seemed like it was the easiest medical billing software to learn so I went with it. I purchased AdvancedMD online and it was definitely easy. The staff is all friendly, too. They do their job.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

With a new doctor's office that I went to work for, I was searching for something other than Athena because they were using Athena and I don't like that company. So, I went online and AdvancedMD did a mock billing and I like it really well. Then their staff is really good about helping with tech support and that's why I chose it. I did several different companies and billing software and this is one I fit. I have three family medicine doctor's offices that I bill for that use AdvancedMD. All of three of them are with nurse practitioners and MDO providers. The purchasing process was very good. They sent us a quote and they stuck with the quote that they sent to us. They set up everything that they said they would set up with us. I had 11 hours of training for each office that I was with. They did that on a weekly basis, about two hours at a time. Then it’s final when I signed off that I was trained. You're released to technical support if you need anything.

We use the EHR because we use Practice Fusion. We just use the billing software. One of my offices has had it since 2014, I had one in 2015 and I just started. It's a good system and I haven’t run across anything that I've had issues with. We had one practice that was with AdvancedMD who decided to go with Athena for nine months. Then they went back to AdvancedMD because Athena was so bad. I highly recommend AdvancedMD. Price-wise, it's right in there with everything else and they draft your payment right out of your account every month and you don't have to mess with it. If you’re looking for a billing software that has awesome technical support and is user-friendly, it's the best.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

We went through several software and we continually got stuck on things that were offered and things that we needed and then things that they didn’t do. We usually find one that offers everything and although AdvancedMD doesn’t offer everything that we have right now either, there are other ways to work around those little hiccups. With the other systems, we're not able to be in two different locations and log in to see and schedule for other locations. We needed that for the cloud but that was too much for our DC program and AdvancedMD does that. I love the customer service and the guy named Jason was just fantastic.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

AdvancedMD has the ability to do more of what we needed. We got their AdvancedInsight, AdvancedPatient, AdvancedEHR. Plus the AdvancedPM, AdvancedEHR, AdvancedInsight, and AdvancedPatient. Their staff was very polite and very familiar with the system. I could reach them easily any time I need to. AdvancedMD has been efficient and easy to use.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We have a multi-specialty clinic and right now, they perform the osteopathic manipulative treatment. We have practice using our EHR and AdvancedMD was always suggested as being one of the top billing software companies. We were calling at the end of June to get a quote and we received an email and a phone call from the rep from AdvancedMD. We were about to go with another company but AdvancedMD gave us a breakdown of what they had to offer and then they said they had an end of the fiscal year type of deal where they were waiving the initial setup cost. That discount ended up being the deciding factor of why we went with them plus the availability of the team, which was kind of 24/7 with that 800 number.

The reps answered all my questions and had lots of good training with it. Erica and Brea were two of those that helped me, and they were always patient and very responsive. We were going back and forth, talking to my boss and owners of the company and their side of the company. Communication went pretty well especially since it was a last-minute thing and people probably stayed late working on the deal. But everyone was available to talk which was the nice part and they made sure everything panned out right from what we were talking about to what got signed. In summary, the whole experience was fast and efficient.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

We needed to switch to a different medical billing software from what we were currently doing since they no longer offered the program. We liked the functionality of AdvancedMD and got their PM and EHR products. The sales staff was great and easy to work with. He answered most of our questions and if he couldn’t, he found out the answer for me and got back to me. We were also impressed by his knowledge of the product. It was a good decision to partner with AdvancedMD.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We practice General Surgery and AdvancedMD was recommended to us by another physician's office. At that time, we wanted to bring our billing back into the office from a billing service that we're using. We're not happy with them so we wanted to look at upgrading. The recommendation helped us choose this software and then we did the research.

The program was so comprehensive and user-friendly that we were really impressed with everything that it has to offer. The sales staff was also very supportive. They answered all our questions. We had a very good comprehensive conference call with them together with the person who handles our IT to make sure we had everything that we needed computer-wise and that, it supported the system.

We bought the Practice Management software and we've been using it since July. And we had a pretty quick turnaround. We did it in about five weeks time and the transition experience was excellent. Molly, who was our guide through the transition was fantastic to work with. While we had an excellent experience overall, my only observation is that they’re not great at getting back with you. I've left a message with their customer support department a couple of times and then there’s been a long hold asking for a callback. I never received one. Other than that, they've been very helpful when you get somebody on the line.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My wife and I were starting a medical practice and it’s a very small business where I’m the office manager and she’s the doctor. So, we looked around at what medical billing software was available and purchased the Practice Management package from AdvanceMD around four months ago. We chose them because of a lot of factors – price, reviews and one of the big reasons was that it’s integrated with modern medicine, modmed EMA. We heard that their electronic medical records software was excellent, but the management wasn’t as good when it came to the practice.

But there are a lot of things that AdvancedMD has and one is to check the eligibility of the insurance. We can get online and go to the insurer’s website. We can put the member’s ID and date of birth and get their coverage and co-payment. However, there are insurance companies here in Hawaii and for the big one, we can’t check the eligibility and it’s difficult. The other insurance company also has a nine-digit subscriber ID followed by a dash then 0 and then a number -- 01, 02, 03, but AdvancedMD automatically deletes the dash. If I get online and try to check eligibility without a dash, it won’t check but it checks straight out with the dash. There are some frustrations that we had with the software, but whenever I called support, they have been outstandingly helpful.

On the other hand, there were a lot of people who work at AdvancedMD that don’t know the product very well. We found out they just assigned a name and an address in Seattle, but we’re in Hawaii. So, when we got the first bill, it was very hard to find somebody in the company who had the authority to change the address. It was stupid.

Also, the training was online through GoToMeeting where we sat and had a conversation with the person who went through the software. But it was lacking. The people who did the training didn’t know what they were doing behind the scenes. They could tell you to do some steps every day but couldn’t answer your questions about it. We also got to a point where we hired a biller. My wife and I both took the training together early in the morning because we’re in Hawaii, but we turned it over to our biller who is now using the software on a daily basis and we just check the files on it. But there’s no doubt that most of the people we ran into at AdvancedMD were courteous. And overall, it’s a decent software that eases the job.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We practice family medicine and heard about AdvancedMD through our electronic medical records. They were recommended to us by Practice Fusion and their purchasing process was pretty easy. They also have an exceptional sales and implementation team. Since we purchased the whole billing package, they do all our billing and so far, we've had a really good experience. They've been the best billing system among the three we've had.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We weren't happy with the medical billing software that we were using. We got AdvancedMD's practice management and purchasing the software was a little difficult. There was a lot of back and forth about integrations. In the beginning, we were able to get somebody who was confident and able to help us along, but it's not the case now. The only trainer that we've been given seems like he doesn't have a lot of experience with the program. Everything that we ask, he has to go back and find an answer for it. He doesn't get back within a reasonable time. I feel like our program has a glitch because he told me that I can do certain things and yet I tried to do those things and my button was grayed out. It’s supposed to be possible, but it's not possible in my program. And it's expensive so it's kind of frustrating that I'm paying for something that is not working at a 100%.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I used to have another software and they were the best. Unfortunately, they got sold out. I was looking to see if there was something being kind of simple and would do what I need to do as far as reports and submitting claims and all the other information go. I got AdvancedMD's practice management. The integration was fine, but I'm having some issues right now with this stuff. I really don't want to give in to it because it might be something with me that I'm doing wrong. I'm still in training and really new in it. I speak to my trainer and she usually forwards stuff with the information. They also got a support team so I just reached out to them to contact me in regards to some claims and stuff that I’ve submitted.

AdvancedMD questions and answers

What is something you wish every consumer knew about AdvancedMD?
We’re committed to saving your private practice by helping you improve clinical outcomes and lower the overall cost of healthcare.
What sets AdvancedMD apart from the competition?
With 65 years of experience and $12 billion in annual revenue, AdvancedMD is one of the most trusted brands in the world and is proud to offer comprehensive, cloud-hosted software that’s designed to help your practice succeed.
What problem is AdvancedMD trying to solve?
AdvancedMD helps private practices survive and thrive in the ever-changing landscape of increasing compliance and reimbursement challenges.
What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We automate nearly every aspect of your workflow, from scheduling to charting to billing, on an easy-to-use, single-login cloud platform. We also provide big data analytics that help you identify and capitalize on revenue opportunities.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
It’s a myth that the independent medical practice is disappearing into hospital employment for physicians. We see that trend reversing as private practices take advantage of the latest workflow automation and analytics technologies. We don’t see ourselves as just a healthcare company, we see ourselves as advocates and supporters of independent physicians and their patients.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
We’ve seen dramatic increases in compliance challenges for the independent medical practice including ANSI 5010, ICD 10, Meaningful Use and now MACRA. Physician shortages have also increased due to the ACA introducing 40 million new patients into the healthcare system.
How does AdvancedMD measure success?
Client loyalty, as measured by the Net Promoter system, coupled with bottom-line financials is how we gauge our success. We continue to exceed both our financial and client retention targets.

AdvancedMD Company Information

www.advancedmd.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use