toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Purchasing the software from Advanced MD was super easy. I contacted them via email and within three hours of requesting information, somebody contacted me. Then within 10 days, we were up and running. The reps were very courteous and informative. They conducted themselves professionally in all levels and answered all my questions. They even continued to follow up with me after the sale to make sure that everything was what we had expected and that we were moving along in a direction that was beneficial for us. We have the full service and it's user-friendly. It serves the needs of both my patients and administration. It's great for tracking, billing, collections, letters, and queues. It's a great product all the way around. I would definitely recommend AdvancedMD to anybody who is searching for a new PM or EHR setup. In fact, I have and know a few practices that I've talked into converting.

Our medical director, who’s our neurologist, told me about AdvancedMD. We have heard good things about them and about some of their competitors but we use Macs in our office and AdvancedMD's software were the only ones that were fully compatible with Mac’s. I’m the only one who uses it and it’s been great. I’m a 100% satisfied right now.

I work in Family Medicine and the sales staff at AdvancedMD was very helpful. He did everything and the purchasing experience was good. I have the Practice Management and AdvancedMD has been good so far. It's good to start up.

We're a family practice, and we were using a free version of billing software that didn't have everything that we needed. So, that's why we chose something else. AdvancedMD was the easiest to maneuver. We did demos with other companies but, overall, we liked this one the best. We’ve been using it since March. Another doctor uses Amazing Charts and we all use AdvancedMD. We have a bridge that connects the two so that he can see everything.

AdvancedMD's staff is good when we call with any problems and they know the answer right away. But we had one instance where we were looking for a certain report. We called and they couldn't figure it out. They said they would call back and they never did. But every other time we've called the Help Desk, they've helped us right then. Like for Patty, we call her sometimes for things that are not done and she's quick about getting back to us. We haven't really had any trouble. Scheduling is easy and posting checks is my favorite thing. With them being in there, I click a button and it posts it for me.

A co-worker that used AdvancedMD for pain management told me about it. We purchased the full service and we’re still learning about it. But right now, it’s giving us a little run for our money. When we had an issue, we called the 800 Helpline and they were very helpful regarding figuring out the issue. We're waiting for our account rep person to give us a call back in regards to our fax. The way the fax is set up from the system here, it faxes too many forms on the EH side. This is in regards to converting it into a PDF in faxing. So we’re just trying to find out how can we fax the PDF form from the computer instead of having to print it out and fax it manually. Other than that, I like it in regards to how it does the automatic check with the insurance and how it keeps track of the referrals. It’s going to be good for our system.

When we watched the demonstration of AdvancedMD, we liked it. We've had AdvancedMD’s practice management since April 1st and we're still learning the process. But it's pretty straightforward and easy to learn. The sales staff was helpful, too. When we need help we would either email the one who’s doing our training or call the help desk support. It’s a good experience overall.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AdvancedMD?

We've used TotalMD prior to AdvancedMD and it has been a struggle with the old system, like the function. We practice management and the EHR. We're also involved in trainings. I would call customer service when I bump into a problem, especially in posting payments. There's too many options for us. It would be nice if it's just one task. Also, something would always come up and I'll be stuck in one task. But if I call customer service, they would provide me with process on how to complete my task. They said it's simple, but it's not. They even struggle too. But they're easy to get in touch with and I get a good response quickly. I don't have a problem with them that's why I prefer calling customer service instead of trying to figure it out myself.

I'm satisfied for the most part if everything works out on a day-to-day but it's just those little things that I wish that they can change for us. I used to work with EHR system and they were able to accommodate the customer of what we needed. But unfortunately, I'm stuck with AdvancedMD's system. So, I wish that they could be more flexible. But, it has been wonderful and overall, it's way better than the old practice management that we have so we will go with AdvancedMD.

We've had AdvancedMD since February and we really like AdvancedMD's patient portal and that they have a 95 percent pay rate for billing and they were willing to put it in writing. The sales rep answered all of our questions and their purchasing process was quick and very easy. We had a very positive experience, which is why we went with them. We got their EHR and PM system since our behavioral house clinic is just starting and eventually, we would like to have more features. Also, whenever we've called in to speak with anyone, everyone is very pleasant and very willing to help us.

We used to have a full-service RCM in the office but it's too much overhead. I had AdvancedMD for the front desk for the management. Then I did the EMR with Advanced, which was simpler and easier. I tried to maintain with Modernizing MD and the doctors didn’t like it. It didn’t have enough vocabulary and codes that we were supposed to choose from, only the nice digital software. I was in relief that I got AdvancedMD. It was much better for the EMR and I was happy in the management and we like it.

The only thing that I wish would be easier was the billing. Every morning, we have to go to our lock box and send some information to the billing company. I was willing to give AdvancedMD the key, so they can go to the business account and see everything they need to see. They would know what to post and all the EOBs that they can pull from there. But it's not 100% sourcing out. They're always going to need something from the staff to do.

When a biller bills in AdvancedMD, because it's a computer and it's an advanced system, if you forgot to put the date of birth or some minor things, the system will spit it out right away and tell you, “You forgot to fill this out.” If you want to source it out to the insurance company and they need the supporting documents, this is when the billing company is supposed to kick out. That will come up in the rejection. There is a running alert called Run Alerts. There are a few rejections that AdvancedMD didn’t work on. In the system or the alert, there is a high number. We go in there and we don’t understand why they don’t go on everyday base and fix what the system spit out like they're supposed to.

It's a doctor’s nightmare to hear that the billing company is saying you didn’t submit the claim in time and then you lose the money. It’s horrible because we have a lot of Medicaid. Unfortunately, we barely get paid from them. Somebody should look at our account every day and see what they need in order for us to get paid. A doctor relies on the employers to pay him. So if the biller’s not billing correctly and there is no one to do collection, appeal and reconsideration, we don’t get paid. But we're obligated to pay all the employees.

We just started, so I'm going to give AdvancedMD more time. We used to bill ourselves from Advanced, we know how to go to the claim center and to check what's up. But they don’t go there every day and the exclusions have some numbers that weren't worked out. It will be nice and refreshing if a billing company will give us attention and look at the accounts every day and work on the agent report. It's very important because we get burned by the wrong employees in the department. But if you're a patient and you're coming to the front desk and we put your intake, the schedule and reappointment, AdvancedMD management is perfect. I’ve been working with this department for two years now, no problem, 100%.

When I took Advanced, I had Medisoft which has terrible technical support. Their software is working for chiropractors, not for orthopedic surgeons. I switched it to AdvancedMD and it's been wonderful. It has so many other features that are there, and it's cloud-based. When it comes to the EMR of Advanced, it's cloud-based too. So anywhere you go, you can log in and see what you need to see in regards to the patient. Overall, AdvancedMD is user-friendly on all counts. As for the billing, it's a different division for AdvancedMD to improve for the peace of mind of the doctor. I will recommend them to anyone that has the software that I worked with before.

I'm a gynecologic surgeon and I have a solo practice. I signed up with Practice Fusion as my EMR. They gave me the choices of who to work with for billing, and I chose AdvancedMD because I was impressed with the thourough presentation made by their sales rep. I signed up for the standard package and I've been using it since late January. They also have an EMR, which I didn’t even know about until later on, but I've just signed up for the straight billing part that would match up with my electronic medical record. I needed something that worked with my existing EMR. They have a well-established collaboration with mine. So I thought it was a great way to go with something that was already being together.

I knew nothing about billing systems. When I go in to see a doctor, they assign a CPT code and a diagnosis list to my visit for my surgery. I knew how to do that. But as far as the gathering and entry of insurance information, manipulating software to enter and manipulate that data, and most of all, what comes after that in terms of the ERAs and EFTs and all the complicated connection points that I have to make within the system in order to eventually get paid, I knew nothing about. So I've had to go from scratch. Some of that is in their preview of services and they help me with it, but some things, I’m totally on my own. I've had to learn what they were going to do for me, what they were going to help me with and what I was going to be on my own and it's been very difficult.

I've been very happy with a lot of it. But they tried to teach it all to me over the telephone and it just doesn’t work. I needed a class or a seminar setting where I'd go and they'd tell me how bad it's going to be. But a lot of it has nothing to do with AdvancedMD but with the healthcare system that we have and the insurance companies that are causing all the problems.

AdvancedMD has a good system and they try as hard as they can, but I would have done something way different if I had to do it all over again. I wouldn't take their word for it that all I had to do was sign up for 12 hours of telephone counseling and I was going to be all set. I was too naive. They should have told me this was going to be hell and then I'd better get ready for it. They should offer immersion where we go for a weekend someplace and have some experts tell us what we're going to have to go through.

One of their PR people called me two hours ago and we spent about 20 minutes on the phone. They were going to fix some things I asked them to work on. They kept asking, “Was this a problem with your implementation? Was this a problem from lack of training?” I said, “Listen. We covered a million things in our training. These may have been things that we covered but there are some things wrong with your software. You got to fix these things.” They agreed and said they would have it fixed by the sundown today. I gave them something else to advise me about, which was an explanation I needed about how to work on a certain part of their software. There are a lot of other things that are problems, but I took the things that were most concerning to me at this time.

I put all these into an email a couple of days ago because this is getting to a point of serious difficulty. I've been working for five months. I've put through $100,000 of charges and I've gotten paid $2,000. They can't run a business that way. Some of it is my fault because I didn’t understand certain things. So, I take responsibility for that, but it has not been an easy experience with AdvancedMD.

We previously had a different medical billing system and we were not happy with it so we shifted. And through references, we went with AdvancedMD and got their PM package. Their sales team was really great in answering questions and we've been really happy with them. But I'm not sure if the training was nice as it could have been. They have videos and an implementation specialist who worked with us to teach us how to use the system but there's no way to really figure out what the problems are initially.

So, when an insurance company makes a payment, the amount that they are not paying, that's not allowed is adjusted off. But the software was not automatically doing that adjustment off. I discussed it with my implementation specialist and she told me how to change the master file so it would be adjusted off. But that didn't work. And so, I ended up calling the help desk and they have been fantastic. She told me one-half of what I had to, but she didn't tell me the second half of what I have to do in order for adjustment to really work.

But their help desk reps were good. And I only had to wait on the phone for two to five minutes which is quick, but during peak times, it's longer. So far, after the initial learning period, it's been great but there are some bumps on the road and they need to provide a bit more training unless they consider calling the help desk part of training. But overall, we're happy with the system right now.

Our medical billing software prior to AdvancedMD was Kareo. We were changing it because we were adding a new provider. We wanted to make sure that we could get a report out of the system so that we can see how much he was providing money-wise. We got the PM and it was integrated very quickly. We started using it in April. Our trainer was very good. The only thing that should have been more in-depth is the front office staff and helping them do the insurance, how to get the payments into the correct system and how to do the payments so that they would not interfere with the backend of the job. But we had a representative that helped us navigate through the system. If we have any other issues, we navigate to the help desk and get that all straightened out.

We usually wait on the phone for a response or if we have a general question, we can do an online chat with them. It's easy and they usually get it done quickly. So far, it's been good, other than the integration process of getting the EDI agreements done so that we could close down our old system and utilize our new one and the slowness of it because it's web-based and it's all in the cloud. But they're working on that with their people. We've recommended this product to other doctors because it is a doctor-based product. It is easy to use, simple and straightforward. It's a lot easier than our Kareo system that we use now. There's a lot more reports so I can do a lot more tracking and collections with the product which is nice. I would tell my colleagues to try it if they need something similar

We are using AdvancedMD's scheduling and full service RCM. We’re an orthopedic clinic and we're a new private practice so we looked online to find some type of EHR PM System that we could implement. Initially, we found a company called Modernizing Medicine who had an EMR system in place. We reached out to them and they suggested that we use AdvancedMD for our practice management software. AdvancedMD was always very quick to respond to any emails we had in the initial stages. One of them requested to have a demo. It was also very easy getting contracts signed and getting training started. So it was overall a very easy and open process. They were accommodating.

I am an office manager at a general surgeons’ office. I've worked with AdvancedMD in the past with other offices that I've worked for and have used their PM services, the practice manager. We were looking for EMR. I was a little bit aware of their EMR but it has not been a great transition and I’m not happy with the whole setup of things. The sales pitch and demo were great and the doctor was well-informed.

We only have the EHR because I have my own PM. We were told that this was going to be E/M coding-friendly. We were aware that, if we were going to have a special template made, there was going to be an extra charge. But we did not know there was going to be an extra fee for the patient portal. We were not aware of any third-partied link, which is X-Link. They also said that the interface was going to be a smooth transition.

We called them in January and signed the contract in March. They started billing us for May and June. Now, we're going into July’s billing but we're still not live with them. I'm trying to speak to the higher managerial positions so they can see what they can do for us. I was just about to call one of them. It’s gone to the point that I'm about to say, “You know what? Forget it. Let's rip up the contract. Let's just go with another company, and we'll start all over.”

All they need to do is start taking care of all these extra fees and get us rolling. I'm not totally disgusted with them because I know they have the potential but I'm upset about things being slow and inefficient. When I call, I expect a callback. I don’t expect to keep on calling them but I feel like they're ignoring me by not answering my calls. So now, I got in contact with the CEO’s office. That’s how bad it had to go through. I'm not satisfied with their services right now.

We do billing for pediatric infectious disease. AdvancedMD offered support and their program looked very complete. So far, it's been great. They had us do some video training and then do the training calls. It all worked out very well and for the most part, it was all very smooth. The support has been excellent as well.

We've had AdvancedMD for a year now. They were highly recommended to us and we heard that this is one of the best ones. After we met with them and went over the system, we decided it would meet our needs through it. We had the package where they do posting payments for us and then statements for us. But we've recently chosen another package where they have to do a lot of the stuff for us.

The sales staff went over what we were gonna need and then they got us all the information. Also, they're helpful when we have a question with the training that we did. And when I reach out to them, they get the problem handled. We also do back and forth emails to some of them too. It went smooth once they set everything up for us. And then, we took over with the billing, patients and demographics. However, at first, when we started doing it, it was so different from the other that we didn't approve. But once we've used it and we realized what all it can do, we're pretty satisfied with it.

We're a physical therapy practice. We went with DuxWare through Optimus 5 years ago and then just this year, Optimus informed us that they weren't promoting DuxWare anymore. They were moving on the AdvancedMD software with their packages so that's where we did the transition. The overall process of purchasing the software was easy. It was all done in a timely manner and the transition to do the upstart only took about four weeks. They did a very good job with working with me. Jonathan who's one of their reps went through the software with us and did the demos. My trainer, Shana, was very informational and she's still helping. We utilize the AdvancedMD PM for the billing and our biggest standout was the excellent reporting processes for us to utilize. The software has some hiccups with Mac though.

I had subsequently tried to have a conversation with another billing company but I felt they weren't looking at my needs. I was looking for someone to do my billing, and when I spoke to the salesperson from AdvancedMD, I was impressed by his transparency to say, "This is something you could do yourself. As a provider coming out of the box, you need to save all the money that you can. Why don't you start with this first? Then if you feel like you're overwhelmed or if you feel like business is blooming, then you could move on to giving us the billing part of it as well." That's what made me go with AdvancedMD because I appreciated that he wasn't trying to sell the program. He was confident that this was one of the best programs out there. He made it easy for me to make the decision.

I'm on solo practice and I share my stuff with another provider. Some of the training sessions were difficult because we had to do it during the daytime when the trainers are at lunch or getting ready to be with the other provider. It was hard to get my other two employees fully trained. I had more free time that I could do training at any time but AdvancedMD had to have it done at certain dates when they would have availability. Also, the EDI agreements part was confusing. Initially I was with one particular EDI specialist who had put my EDI agreements together, but they had my wrong PTI number so I had to start all over again. Then that guy's position changed and I was with a new person. But I've already finished my implementation period of time and I'm on my own now. I still have access to the helpdesk for questions that may pop up. I had a very awesome, helpful and patient person who trained me and did the implementations.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have lost time and business dealing with AdvancedMD. The issue that I have is that I have not been able to use the software. I have spent many hours on the phone with different people at the company who blame the last person I spoke with for setting up the software wrong. For example, I was initially set up on the ICD 9 system. The system was not working. Then after being on the phone for hours someone else at the company said, "The ICD 9 system is the wrong system you should be on the ICD 10 system." The hours on the phone, not getting the right information, and the absolute rudeness of the upper management caused me to ask to be let out of my one year contract. That was met with calls and emails not being returned, being asked to contact one person then another person, and finally a threatening email of legal action if the contract is not paid.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

The company is non-responsive to a serious complaint. The problem is too long to describe here but the short version is that AMD slipped an significant price increase into a request to add a provider. The cost should have been $150. But with the added clause slipped into the very bottom of the invoice the cost increased almost 100%. I have been trying for months to get this straightened out and no one in management will address it.

We were looking for something that would be better suited for urgent care with multiple locations. Everything went well with the sales staff of AdvancedMD and they were very helpful. The migration to AdvancedMD was what we expected. We use CM and the applications work but the way we have it set up is we have all of our locations under one key, which makes it a little bit more difficult for the reporting. At any rate, we recommend AdvancedMD.

We are a counseling agency and our practice management software was not able to handle the size we had grown to so we started researching, called about five companies, had them give us demos and we really appreciated all of AdvancedMD's features. We did the scheduler and the practice management but none of the electronic health record side. The purchasing process was easy but it was a lot of work to do the transition and get the clients into the system. There were a couple of things we were hoping would work that they could transfer in. They said, potentially, sometimes they can, sometimes they can’t, and they couldn’t with us so we ended up manually doing a whole lot.

The training, when we first got it, was good as well. But before we started the official training of meeting with her once a week for an hour, I wish they would have given us more of a general overview of what she was all showing us. We watched the videos that she assigned us all the time, and yet, it wasn’t until we got into the system that we saw what she was talking about. We wish we would’ve known that going in and we would have had a lot more intelligent questions when we were going through it. Also, we were assigned to someone to do our training but something happened with her and all of a sudden, we couldn't use the trainers. That was part of it that we felt a little bit like we were being squeezed between and rushed.

But I appreciate their helpdesk though I can definitely tell when we get people who are more trained than others. Occasionally, I can tell if someone's newer because their answer does not make sense at all but I'd call back a day later, ask the same question and get the answer that makes sense to me and seems to work. There are still pieces of it we were getting up to speed with. We mirrored our two systems for two months. We were following the process and things didn’t seem to be working and it wasn't until a few months later when we realized it made sense why we were doing it that way. As a whole, we're glad we have the system especially now that we understand more of it. Also, we really appreciate the help we get in general. Though it's expensive and above what we were hoping we'd spend, I still would recommend it.

The AdvancedMD medical billing software seemed very simple which was what we're looking for. Purchasing it was very easy and their sales staff was also very helpful. The only problem that I've had is if I chat with them, I can't print what's in the chat anymore. The print cuts down on us having to call back because I can look back and make a note at the top as to what the conversation was about and I should refer back to it if I have any problem. I was told they would email me the information but I didn't get it. But it's been a great experience and we've been very pleased with AdvancedMD.

We have internal medicine and our use of AdvancedMD program was determined with our administrator and the providers. We use the PM and EHR systems which are easy and we're getting used to them. Also, we have always had good feedback from AdvancedMD reps and good response time as well when we either submitted a ticket online or when we called. We usually got somebody on the phone and if they couldn’t help us then, they usually got back to us within a timely fashion. It was easy to tell them what we had going on and how we needed to do it. They were usually pretty good about walking us through whatever we needed to do on our end. All in all, we are happy that we get a response from somebody at AdvancedMD.

AdvancedMD's billing software has been easy to use for our small GYN. Their customer service reps are fine and helped whenever we needed. I would recommend them.

We've been using AdvancedMD since the end of 2014. It's a little bit better than the software we used before. There's an option of getting AdvancedInsight instead of running individual reports which our old system did and that makes it a little bit more transparent as far as seeing everything that's going on. AdvancedMD's reps have been very nice and are really good at answering questions. If there's something that they can't answer, they're very good at finding out about it and getting back to me either via phone or email. They seem to be very knowledgeable and customer-oriented.

I've been using AdvancedMD for about four years and one of the hiccups we have had to do with the internet provider. The system is freezing up and there was apparently some issues with internet speed. When we have problems and we call customer service, the reps seem to be knowledgeable and they help us fix the problem. All in all, we're pleased with AdvancedMD and that's why we stick with it.

I do billing for multiple providers and one of them had AdvancedMD. The practice management software that I had before was bought out by AdvancedMD. So, our software got merged over to them and I loved it. Prior to AdvancedMD, we had another software vendor, and prior to that, we had MediSoft which I wasn't happy with. With the prior software, we had to purchase a practice management software and a separate EHR, but they were two separate companies so they did not correlate. While AdvancedMD offers both the PM and EHR, and they bridge together.

I love AdvancedMD's support. With them, I get on-the-spot help without having to wait, unlike with the other softwares, wherein I have to call, open up the page and wait for them to call me back. And sometimes, whatever my issue may be, it's something that I really need to be fixed right away, so that's a big plus with AdvancedMD. I have had nothing but good experiences with them and I highly recommend them. It has definitely made a difference with my business. I love that they're Cloud-based so no matter where I am at, I have access to the accounts. If I have an iPad, I can use that on-the-fly because it's internet-based. If I go for seminars or conferences, I can take the work with me so, I don't fall behind. So, it's definitely a win-win.

Being a medical billing company, we do billing for many different specialties. AdvancedMD was the program that was in use when I started with the company. It's the one that had the most flexibility that allowed us to have different things set up for different specialties. Right now, all of our clients are using the PM side and we have several clients that utilize the scheduler. We also had clients that used the EHR side of things. We have used pretty much everything in AdvancedMD at one point in time. It's a very easy to use the software program. I've been using this program for six years now and I've never really had any major issues with it.

Every staff member from AdvancedMD, regardless of being a salesman, implementation specialist or customer service rep, has been very friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable. The salespeople still answer our questions and I have a very good relationship with several of the salespeople as well as some of the implementation specialists because their service has always been awesome whenever we do run into little issues.

AdvancedMD was already in place when I came to work here. The company purchased it because it was the only software at the time that was compatible with the OTN. We got the practice management package from them. I came in 2012 and their support staff has greatly improved in the last year. The new people are much more helpful, friendly, quicker to respond and they seem happier, and overall better. The old support team was like pulling teeth trying to get any help or a response back. Some of the enhancements they are doing are really good, except for the collection module. To me, it seems more complicated and bogged down than what it used to be but we're very satisfied.

Advanced MD came recommended by Practice Fusion and the doctor trusted their recommendation. We use AdvancedMD's software strictly for billing. Their sales staff was amazing and wonderful and I love their support staff. They do a great job. My only one criticism is sometimes when I call support, I can be on hold for a while but other times, they answer right away. It's all been really good.