2. Job Search Sites

3.8/5 (192 ratings)

About Robert Half

Robert Half Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Robert Half?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Robert Half?

Original review: July 3, 2020

I'm Molly in Marietta, and you can reach me at The Business Scribe. Just do some Google searching. Contact me and let's go see an attorney to take on Robert Half. This company simply can't be what it says it is. I've been extremely capable and qualified for hundreds of positions posted but I never hear from anyone, and when I ask about a position, no one follows up on my emails. Something's up. Something's wrong. Someone needs to put RH out of the fraud business.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Very courteous and professional and organized.. Enjoyed working for them. Would work for them again. Very helpful in locating available work opportunities, competitive wages and they have potential opportunity to grow with the company.

Original review: June 13, 2020

A proven leader with cutting edge user friendly formats. I particularly enjoyed the no nonsense headers and categories catalog format for easy finds. I can quickly determine my interests and employer based requirements for a quick easy fit.

Original review: June 8, 2020

Worst staffing agency. They don't tell you the company name until after they submit you and the company is interested. This is a horrible business model, because now if I don't like the company I suddenly look bad. Competition like Winter Wyman, Kelly Services, and Ajilon will tell you the company name before they submit you which is optimal. Horrible communication skills by recruiters and a terrible experience in every single way. Would recommend begging on the streets rather than working with this agency.

Original review: May 29, 2020

For almost 2 years I've requested that they remove me from their database. And they have yet to do so. I send constant emails and I've made phone calls yet they continue to email me. In 2018 I interviewed for a job via phone. I was asked to come in for a face to face. I did. During my 3rd phase of the interview process I was offered a recruiting job instead of the job I was interviewing for. I accepted the recruiting job then I was told there was another interview after being in the office over 4 hrs. I declined to stay any later and I went home. I received a call about the 4th interview and did it over the phone. The next day I received a call and I declined the job.

Since then I've been responding to emails and making calls for them to remove me and nothing. It's harassment and I shouldn't have to continue being contacted when I don't want to be. I've threaten to file a lawsuit and still nothing. It's aggravating and I shouldn't have to delete each email received or respond asking not to be contacted and removed from their database. I used to work at a Staffing agency and I successfully operated my own recruiting business and never did I lie to obtain business. Nor did I continue to contact someone who stated they did not want to be contacted.

Original review: April 19, 2020

I have a fantastic resume and thought I found a wonderful company when I looked at the positions Robert Half had on their site, but I was outright shunned by the Greenville, SC office (Chelsea Hoyes sent this sweet little canned reply: "Thank you for sending your resume over! I definitely appreciate the correspondence. While you have an impressive background, it is different than what our client is looking for at this time. We will keep your resume on file and be in touch with you for any opportunities that match your background and skillset."). When I replied to Chelsea to attempt to set up a meeting and discuss possibilities she simply never replied. I also had no success making contact by phone.

I had an even more disappointing experience with the Buckhead office in Atlanta. I called and when they connected me with someone he could not wait to get me off the phone and said I was located too far away for him to bother with (I lived about three hours away and was looking for work in Atlanta!). I think our conversation was less than a minute before he basically hung up on me.

I then tried to work with the Savannah office since they were closer to me and thought perhaps they could connect me with opportunities in the areas I was looking to relocate to. My initial experience with Savannah was better with Leonard ** answering and having a very promising conversation and later FaceTime interview, but it started to fall off a cliff when he said he would send skills assessments and I later had to contact him because I never received the assessments, then he was defensive and said "I had my admin resend your assessments. She said that she sent them last week and they show as expired on our side." THEN they suddenly showed up in my email later that day. Yeah, his admin FORGOT is what happened, but they acted like *I* was remiss.

I did the precious assessments and saw where they were posted on my profile on the RH site, but I never heard from Leonard again even after followup emails and I KNOW I am way more qualified than probably 90% of their clientele in Savannah. After a few months I noticed the assessments were pulled from my online profile.

This company is terrible and I do not know how they survive. I truly wonder how they make their money. I did everything correctly and never heard a word about ANY position out of hundreds for which I was a good match. A friend who works for a different staffing company told me Robert Half will only bother to look at you if you literally have an identical position already on your resume and that if anything is different they toss you aside. They make ZERO effort to match potential candidates to new positions. I guess it would be nice to work for Robert Half since they evidently get paid decently to do absolutely nothing all day.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Office Team, a division of Robert Half is staffed with salespeople not recruiters. Their primary goal is to build their database not fill jobs. They have questionable, shady and deceptive business practices including leading candidates on to flat out lying to them. I’m a Human Resources Manager so I know a thing or two about recruitment, and I think they are practicing outright unethical and perhaps even bordering on behavior. I don’t intend on doing business with them as a potential candidate or potential client ever again. To provide an example———

They start by luring you in with what looks like a great opportunity. Before they can tell you anything you have to interview preferably in person. For the role in question it was I was able to work out FaceTime during which we had technical difficulties and the recruiter stated “...well that’s ok. I was able to see you.” Then, they can even send your resume for consideration until you sign an agreement, take a test and have your references checked. At that point, they give you “oh, we just sent two candidates to the employer, we’ll call if those don’t work out or if anything else opens up.” This was an entry level temporary HR role I was overqualified for.

If that’s not bad enough, After a few days weeks you see the exact same job posted again. I finally spoke to some of my contacts at a more Senior level. They towed the company line and told me there has to be a job for them to be able to post. I’m calling BS. If you’re going to use me, at least give me the dignity of not leading me on. To prove my point I copied a few lines of one of the recent postings for an HR and did a Google search. “Deeply passionate about growing at a large retail company. We were recently listed on Forbes’ “2019 Best Employers for Diversity” list, and we are looking for a self-starter to grow with us!” Just in the last 30 days this exact posting was in 4 different states and multiple markets in each state. Please note I took into account duplicates

Original review: March 4, 2020

It’s been a couple of weeks since I had my experience with this company. I have been meaning to write a review but haven’t had the time but it has been bothering me. I started off working with one of the managers here for a position in Burlington, MA. I was hesitant in the beginning because I wanted to keep my commute short. After the manager insisted, I decided I would submit my resume and if their offer was good I would consider. We ended up setting up an interview for around 11am a couple of days before. They ended up changing the time twice on me the day before. I had originally taken a late morning time because I had an appt that same day in the AM. After changing the times twice, they kept pushing for me to come in at 8am and change my Dr’s appt, which I ended up doing.

At this point, I was a little annoyed by the short notice and flip-flopping but I continued. The recruiter told me the commute was about half hour. Thank God I left an hour and a half early because It took me around an hour and 15 minutes to get to Burlington. At this point, I am upset it took that long and the job was in the same city so I was already second guessing if I had made the right choice to interview. I had my interview and everything went well. I ended up getting the offer verbally. It was 15k less than what I was making before and the only reason I considered was because the recruiter said he would try his best to get them to consider 80k, It was for 70k and the agreed to cover the medical benefit at 100%, which was supposedly 15k a year. They also had offered some equity in the company but when I asked for details on the percentage, they didn’t know and didn’t seem like they wanted to ask and find out.

After I told them I would really want to know the percentage before accepting anything, they called an found out but some things still weren’t clear. The least you can do when presenting an offer is to make sure to have a written offer with all the details explained in great detail. After presenting me with the offer, I asked how long did I have to make a decision because I wanted to discuss this with my husband. They told me it would be ideal if I could get back to them that same day but I could take until Monday if needed (It was Friday afternoon when they presented the offer).

Around 10 minutes later the Manager texted me what I was thinking and saying how sweet the offer was. I started texting some of my concerns with pay and the commute and that I needed to discuss with my husband and he immediately called me. He asked what I thought of the offer and I told him that they literally presented it not even an hour ago and that I needed time to discuss with my husband and really weigh the pros and cons. Then his supervisor comes out of nowhere on the call and starts talking, I wasn’t even notified that there was another person in on the call listening. The supervisor starts saying how if I’m not 100% sure then maybe it wasn’t the job for me and that he didn’t want me to accept the offer and keep looking. This is exactly why I said I needed time to discuss with my husband and think about it because I wanted to be 100% sure of my decision but apparently they were trying to make the decision for me.

At this point I was really annoyed with the whole process. He ends up calling about an hour later again, with his supervisor on the phone but didn’t say anything until he interrupted me while I was talking. Long story short, they ended up giving me until Monday. Monday comes around and I receive a call from the Manager. I was at the appt that they made me reschedule the day of the interview and didn’t have the phone on me so I missed the call. I see some texts come in asking me if I had decided. I told him I needed to know exactly what the equity package was offering and what the percentage was. I told him that if he was in my position, he also would want to know specifics, because no one is going to accept a position without know how much percentage of equity they were offering. He said he didn’t know and I asked if he could find out.

I am still at the doctors while the texts were coming in. He calls again and I text him to let him know that I am still at the doctors appt and couldn’t answer (I was getting xrays taken at the dentist and had just started the cleaning). He texts me the details but I didn’t see the text right away as I was sitting in the chair getting my teeth cleaned. He proceeds to call again and then sends a text saying that the HR lady was waiting for an answer and she needed it ASAP. At this point I was so enraged that I couldn’t even leave the appt without them harassing me to make a decision. I ended up texting him back that I was still at the appt and that I was not going to make an impulse decision at the moment since they couldn’t wait for me to leave the appt to make a decision and told them to give it to the next runner up.

This was the most unprofessional experience I have ever had with an agency. After this, I will never deal with a recruiting agency again. They did not respect my decision to speak with my husband about the job in the beginning, they were trying to make the decision for me and scare me into making a quick decision, made me reschedule a doctors appt a day before my interview to accommodate the business and then blew up my phone while I was at an appt and had the audacity to say I needed to make the decision asap after 20 mins of giving me the equity percentage details… Wow. He also promised me a coffee in the AM before the interview for the trouble of me having to change my appt and come in 3 hours earlier than originally set… I never got the coffee because the manager was running late LOL! Glad I passed it up, I ended up getting an awesome offer a few weeks later with salary I desired.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

They will set you up for an interview, you go spend over an hour of your time there, ace the interview, then finish with a firm hand shake. Then your "friendly" recruiter tells you they have feedback and claims that they said you were sitting there swearing like a sailor. Gee, would most people give someone like that a plant tour and have an interview with them for over an hour if they were a piece of human garbage? Then if you dare speak in your defense, you will be attacked and yelled at. Oh, but remember you are the unprofessional one right? It is one thing to pass up a candidate for someone else with better credentials, but another thing to smear someone's character. So if you like a nice dose of libel topped with slander, by all means apply with this place.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Like many others here, I was told there were lots of openings for my skill set. I wasn't going to be in the area long & was looking for temp work to see me through. I was a bit suspicious that they never had me in for an interview. I just did a couple software skill tests & they told me to start reporting my availability. Over two years, they didn't find me a single assignment. Most of my calls & emails were ignored. Eventually I just stopped bothering. Having seen how they operate, I'd never use them again, either as a job seeker or an employer.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

They supposedly found me a position and the day before I was to start told me the employer hired someone from outside permanently even though the position was supposed to be temporary and my assignment is cancelled. Feels like a scam just to get my personal information.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I was refer to this staffing by a HR manager, my experienced was the worse. I had a long Skype interview and after that the recruiter told me "I will call you back, keep looking and let us talk next week." I had the feeling that was not the right answer, but I kept looking and followed up with her for a couple of weeks, but her response was the same as the first time. I got disappointed and somehow upset by her treatment, she did not even care and towards my last follow up she was rude and not helpful. If you are looking for an staffing company that cares and helps on your job search keep looking, DO NOT settle to this one.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

The recruiters don't care about the people that work for them. They are very unprofessional! They work in an unjust matter in the Maryland office. If you want someone to have your back and treat you the way you are supposed to be treated Robert Half legal in the Maryland location is not the one.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

This is the first and last assignment according to the two recruiters Aleisha and Jonathan for Accountemps. I can’t believe how these 2 recruiters treated me while doing an assignment for Accountemps. I was totally let go by them, due to me being absent from the job I was working in their words. The bad part of this experience I was told to go home and stay at home. I wasn’t feeling well while I was at work. The person who I reported to told me to go home. The recruiter Jonathan called me and I told him about her telling me to go home since I wasn’t feeling well. The second time I was sick and I called the employer directly and told her I wasn’t feeling well, but I was coming to work. She told me no don’t come because she and the rest of the office didn’t want to get sick. I went to work the next day with the flu, only to be sent home by the owner.

Then the last time there was a snow storm and I got into a car accident and couldn’t get to work. During the time I was working there I endured racial intimidations from some of the other employees and hostility from the manager. Which are very serious! I reported the incidents to Jonathan and he never said anything to the manager about what was going on. So after I was let go, I contacted the recruiter Aleisha to talk about what happened. She got Jonathan on the line so he could listen. I told them it was unfair that I was let go when the manager told me to go home, and the other the other time I was told to stay home, and the other things that went on while I was there. They never asked or said anything about that. They were all about the attendance and what I did. They didn’t want to hear my side of the story. They said that I was giving them excuses. They were all about pleasing their client.

When I was in the car accident I couldn’t help that because of the snow. Aleisha said that I was giving excuses and couldn’t take ownership for what I did. I told her I took ownership of some of what occurred, but I wasn’t going to take ownership of what the manager did. Jonathan says he didn’t care what I was going through I should’ve stayed or went to work. Now by this time they are hollering at me. Aleisha told me that this call could have went a lot better if I had not given her any excuses. I asked her what excuses. She said I was late on my first day, but she failed to remember she gave me the wrong address, so therefore I was late. Again that was an excuse according to her.

So in other words, I feel like that they don’t care about their employees. They care more about keeping the account with their clients. At the end of the call I felt totally humiliated by them. Aleisha nor Jonathan couldn’t call me back to say that they would no longer help me. They had another recruiter call. The other recruiters that I’ve dealt with have been really nice, but Jonathan and Aleisha is another story!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

The terms of use scares the heck out of me. I signed up, uploaded my resume and then received an email suggesting that I submit my resume and they would actively start looking for jobs for me. I read the terms of use, then many reviews mentioning how everyone they spoke with never seemed to remember anything and just wanted more and more information. This raised a flag since their terms say that whatever you submit is theirs to use in any way whatsoever, no matter what. It makes me wonder if their sideline or maybe even their primary function is to gather and sell all of your personal information.

I work hard on trying to keep my life as private as I can online and submitting information that they can sell to Facebook, Google and countless other organizations then corroborate even more information about you is nothing less than very concerning and scary. Based on reading this terms of service and reading the many reviews that say they never contact you but want more and more information makes it very hard to go any further with them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Nothing but lies, they tell you they found a job for you but never call you back to let you know what's going on, do not know how this place stays in business.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Minus zero is what ** at the 125 Park Ave office deserves. Nothing but lies came out of her mouth. She is unprofessional and dishonest, yet expects the contractor to jump through hoops while she kisses the client's **. She failed to show up for our scheduled meeting with no apology or explanation and had the nerve to pretend to call me over an hour later after I was already in transit on noisy 42nd Street. Looking at her profile on LinkedIn proves if she was so great, she would be able to hold a position longer than a year. She also spent so much time talking about herself, it only showed her insecurity. ** has lied on me and several other colleagues of mine. We can only wish her well because she seems to believe her own lies.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

They tell you that no matter how small or long ago your record is, any charges no matter how insignificant or not pertaining to any jobs they offer (which were little to none) that these would not bar you from employment that they are an equal opportunity employer. Well they lied! I had some low level charge from 20 years ago that I explained to them prior to the background check and they told me it was so long ago and so low level it wouldn't affect my employment. But as soon as the check came back I was denied even a second look or an opportunity to explain. I wasn't even given anything in writing nor the courtesy of a phone call. 1 in every 4 Americans have some encounter with the law per the Labor statistics, my charge isn't even illegal anymore but they denied me anyways. This company misrepresents as an equal opportunity employer and lies about not discriminating for prior charges. It violates the FCRA as well which I will be looking into.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I do not recommend Robert Half Accountants. They are extremely unprofessional and disingenuous, especially recruiters Lauren and Kyle in the Wash/Balt area offices. They con you into going on long distance interviews by saying they are increasing the hourly rate. Then within an hour of you calling the recruiter to let them know how the interview went, they call you back and tell you that you have the job with specific start date. When you don't hear from them prior to the start date that they gave you and you start calling or emailing them, they don't respond or if you get them on the phone they will continue to lie and say you still have the job, give you a new start date and then make up bogus excuses about the delays. They will tell you all kinds of lies to prevent you from talking with other recruiters and employers.

I declined several offers to interview for other opportunities because Robert Half Accountemps continued to lie for the next 4 weeks reassuring me that I had the job and giving me new start dates, before admitting their client had selected another candidate! DO NOT TRUST THEM about anything unless you get it in writing! They are nothing but scammers and con-artists!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Terrible. I applied to a few of their listings, never got any replies. Also applied through their website to have them help with the recruiting aspect also no reply. Finally called them and was transferred to voicemail... Don't waste your time with these clowns.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I don't recommend Robert Half to anyone looking for employment. They are unprofessional, young and I wouldn't waste my time ever again with them. Had problem with nobody responding to my emails about reimbursements they owed me. They don't care about your needs as a person. Punks is what I would say if the name Robert half comes up. THE WORST TEMP AGENCY EVER.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

In hopes of finding a good office position, I reached out to Robert Half (office team). At first they seemed very welcoming and registered me quite quickly into their database. This happened a year ago and I still have not been able to find an opportunity through them. HOWEVER, what really surprises me is that there are so many positions being posted daily which match my skill set and when I call and try to discuss those positions, no one is ever available. I don’t understand if they have meetings ALL Day EVERY day but that is practically impossible. I have called at different times, different days - nothing works!

A receptionist answers the phone and puts you on a wait and that is about the most interaction I’ve been getting from them. No one listens to their voicemails either apparently. I have attempted to call at least 3 times every day and still no hope. I also updated my resume and sent it their way - no response. I would not recommend Robert Half/office team to anyone looking for an actual career. They do not invest time in their clients, they do not follow up and they never answer their phones.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Robert Half and their associated temp agency, Accountemps, aren't really trying to find people to fill jobs. What they actually do is get a wad of recent resumes in the file, then go to employers and tell them about the 200 resumes they got last week, in an attempt to get the employer to let them fill a position. Accountemps and Robert Half are simply wanting a huge pool of recent applications to draw from in case they do get an actual contract for a placement. In essence, they play an ugly numbers game, trying to convince employers that they have thousands of talented people in their rolodex, just waiting for the employer to sing an application.

Any ad you see is for a job that is already filled, or the "job" never existed at all. I remember a couple of years ago, I saw one of their ads for a seasonal tax person; I met or exceeded literally every stated qualification, including experience using the specific tax software. I applied, went in for their bogus interview, only to be told that the particular position had already been filled. Now, mind you, when I called them the afternoon preceding the day of the interview, I directly and specifically asked if (a) the position was still open, and (b) the employer was still open to considering new candidates for the position who might come in tomorrow to do the initial interview. The interviewer got mad when I called her a liar at the end of the interview. That all went down in early January. The SAME ad was still on their website in April.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My past and present experience with Robert Half has always been a successful one. Chloe ** has been professional, friendly and has kept me updated at every opportunity. All of the staff I have come into contact with from the Bristol office have been friendly, helpful and professional.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Updated on 07/31/2018: The manager Esme finally called me today after almost two weeks and that was only because I posted a negative review directly with their complaints team. She said she was a bit surprised about my review. I told her that I was surprised that she was surprised. She clearly said she would call me back and email a copy of the profile. She claims she emailed me. I told her I never received it and that she failed to call me back. She had the nerve to tell me that I am no longer being considered for the position. I thought that was hilarious. I said, “I didn’t think I would be since I filed a complaint."

Original review: I do not recommend This agency. I had an in person interview with Esme. She claims she was sent to the Chicago office to help boost business. Esme said that they were looking to hire experienced employees full time permanent and send them out on assignments where needed. She said that when you are in between jobs the company would continue to pay your salary until they can find other you positions. She told me the manager position was up to 75K but I would need to first complete a job profile. I was told I had until Sunday to complete it. Well I never received the email.

I called and they claimed she was out of the office. She called me and apologized and said she would call me and send the email with profile template and instructions. Guess what I never received the email. I call several times and left voicemails because they claim to always be in meetings. I see why this office is not performing like the others. They have dishonest people running it.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I concur with the other reviews, "don't waste your time". I have called about 7 times now and when I call in the morning they are in a meeting and when I call in the afternoon (after 1 pm) they are at lunch. Left 4 voice mails and an e-mail directly to a rep and NO reply or callbacks. Who's running this company anyway? Hope you've had better luck than the rest of us. God bless.

Original review: July 17, 2019

A guy name Gary ** blacklisted me for another job at RHMR by posing that he was helping me when he indeed was hindering me. Apparently Gary is too clueless to understand he committed a crime in Colorado, criminal and civil. And as many other reviews here, same old revolving door and meaningless meetings with their vanishing staff. This clown should be fired and I have emails and call logs to prove he tampered with my ability to gain employment. John ** too. So, do not waste your time with Robert Half! I will be letting every finance and accounting professional know about these individuals and how I would stay away from Robert Half, forever!

CO Rev Stat § 8-2-110 (2016): No corporation, company, or individual shall blacklist, or publish, or cause to be blacklisted or published any employee, mechanic, or laborer discharged by such corporation, company, or individual, with the intent and for the purpose of preventing such employee, mechanic, or laborer from engaging in or securing similar or other employment from any other corporation, company, or individual.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I had an interview @ 10 a.m. I went in, signed a form, added my references and was moved to the next room. I waited 40 minutes for the interviewer to arrive. He even stated during the process that he needed to answer his phone because his wife was calling. I have seen several positions posted for this company as I receive alerts. I contacted the office 4 times via phone call and 3 times via email and have not received a response at all. Please people don't waste your time. I wonder. Do they hold out positions for their families and friends?

Original review: June 21, 2019

First time working with Robert Half staffing. They was promising then they put me with a company called Innovel Solutions which is located in Romeoville IL. I only been there for 5 days and they was already starting to lie. And it was a lot of favoritism in the office also including an office snitch. Her name was Tracy **. She kept running the employees away. When someone snitched on her she lied about it. She doesn't like ** people and half of the office is filled with ** people. The supervisors and managers aren't professional. They curse a lot and also they would lie to the staffing agency Robert Half just to get you fired. Innovel Solutions and Robert Half staffing agency is a terrible place to work. Don't even waste your time with them.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I sent my resume to OfficeTeam and they responded to me within a day. I initially had an interview over Skype to register with them and then the next day they sent me some skills testing to complete - Microsoft Office and a typing speed test. I was interviewed by Laura ** - she is the Division Director. I was put out to work on temporary assignments immediately and, as I had just moved to Canada from Ireland, I was delighted with how fast they were to place me out to work and also how friendly and helpful Laura was. She always has a smile on her face and a great attitude. Even when I was placed on my assignment, she made sure I got my first paycheck the following week with no delay and I had her direct phone number to contact if I had any issues.

I recommended OfficeTeam and Robert Half in general to all of my friends and they had similarly positive experiences. Highly recommend registering with them for temporary or even contract/permanent positions too as they are so well connected in the Downtown Toronto area (and the GTA) and have some amazing clients. 10/10 candidate experience IMHO.

Robert Half Company Information