National Income Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies near you

About National Income Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies near you

National Income Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Income?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I called customer service at 10:53am today to cancel and cash out my policies. I moved away from NY and the company does not have reps in the area. When I last spoke to them they said they would have someone reach out to me to "service the policy". I just kept getting phone calls asking when I could meet with a rep... In NY... Where I moved from in 2015... Eventually they stopped calling/making an effort to "service the policy". I decided that since I have a new policy that is 20x the one I have thru National, I would cancel and cash out the policies I had. After being told the wait time was 21m I waited ~35m for someone to pick up. When they did, the woman took my info and told me basically cancelling policies wasn't her department and would transfer me. 53m later, a woman picked up. I explained what I wanted and the call was shortly there after disconnected.

I called back and was told my wait time would be 17m. After 25m the line was picked up but no one said anything or responded to my "hello"s. I got the menu again asking me to pick a number and was told my wait time would be 19m. After ~22m a gentleman picked up. I told him what I was trying to do and he told me he would transfer me to someone who could help me.... Another ~40m later a woman picked up. I told her what I was trying to do and she asked for my policy number. I gave it and she told me she couldn't do anything with NY Policies.... and would transfer me to someone who could... It is now 2:15pm and I am still on hold. I do not and would not recommend this company to anyone. This is a terrible waste of my time.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I contacted them about the child safe kits but it was a life insurance sales call. NICOLE ** said she would put in false medical info. so I would get a better quote. I said "but that's insurance fraud..." She said "It will be fine, the company won't care." I refused to buy insurance from her, and never got the child safe kits.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I dealt with agent John, he was very informative. He told me exactly what he recommended for me. I decided to leave this. I’ve review because when I received my policy in the mail. It matched my notes from what John told me. Thank you very much.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

My appointment was on Zoom, my agent, Jeremy, was incredibly flexible. He was highly informed and gave me a full explanation of everything. I found out that everything we discussed was accurate with regards to the type of life insurance I would be receiving and the cost I would be paying when the company contacted to confirm and evaluate Jeremy the agent/broker professionalism and knowledge. Even the amount I would be paying was important to him. He questioned whether I could afford it even on my worst day. That alone convinced me that he is not only interested in me obtaining a policy but also in me as a person.

He also provided me with his contact information, which I may use to get in touch with him at any moment if I have any further questions. He is trustworthy, competent, thorough in his explanations, and compassionate. He's a fantastic agent/broker! I heartily endorse Jeremy as a representative and the organization he represents for. I genuinely feel safe and secure!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

Overall, extremely disappointed with the experience. Next to impossible getting a hold of anyone. No one will help to cancel the policy. And straight up lied to about the policy, how it works, and what communication took place. The biggest complaint is that our money is being withdrawn from the bank account, after being told the policy would be canceled. The policy is not canceled as promised, and we have not received a refund. Really don't appreciate being lied to by the agent. And after calling her out on it, she still refused to accept it, even though we have proof of the messages and all exchanges with her.

My husband was told he qualified through his job. We set up a Zoom meeting on July 8, 2022 and went through the application process. We were told we would be emailed everything we had seen and signed that day, but did not receive anything. Letters dated for July 18, 2022 came in the mail saying we requested to cancel the application; we did not do anything of the sorts. We were charged on July 20, 2022 for the insurance policy. After contacting the agent working for Gryska Agency who had set everything up, Jennifer **, we were told that they had no idea why it was canceled, but she would contact her supervisor and get back to us.

We did not hear anything back and tried calling multiple times. After no calls being answered we sent a message to the agent, asking her to go ahead with the cancelation. We did get a call from her after sending the email and were told it would be taken care of. Documents dated August 4, 2022 came in the mail today (August 11, 2022) from the Gryska Agency, with other attached documents from the agent. Only my name is on the policy.

My husband tried reaching out to the agent throughout the day, but was not answered. I ended up calling (from a different phone number) and was answered straight away. The agent claimed to not have received any communication on our desire to cancel the policy and told me she couldn't cancel anything on their end. She then gave me a phone number to contact someone who could cancel the policy. The phone number belongs to a completely separate company, having absolutely nothing to do with New York State or the insurance company.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Purchased 2 whole life policies, one for my daughter and one for myself in 2019. Muhammed was my representative. He actually met me at my job. He had his brother in his car and asked me to sit in the car to fill out the paperwork. The 2 policies would be $31.00 per month and would come out of my account automatically. Everything was great until the pandemic hit and money started becoming an issue with me. So, in January 2022 I decided that I was going to cancel the policies to free up some cash. I cancelled several other company accounts I had automatic payments for as well.

I called on 1/14/22 to cancel both policies. I found out that only 1 of my policies were a whole life, the other was a term life which was news to me as Muhammed told me they were both whole life policies. The lady I spoke with told me that she cancelled them and that she was sending me something in the mail to confirm. I asked her to make sure to cancel my auto bill payments as well and she assured me that as of 1/14/22 my policies cancelled and the auto deduct as well. I never received any packet from them of the sort.

When I got my January bank statement on February 11, I learned they took a payment out on January 19. And I received an invoice for 1 of the policies for $10 and some change. I called them again to find out what the invoice was about as well as why $21.98 was taken from my bank after I had cancelled them. This lady told me that they only cancelled my policy, not my daughter's and asked if I received their packet that I have to sign and return. I told her no, and I asked why they did not cancel my daughter's policy as well, which is what I asked them to do. She had no answer. So I told her to please cancel my daughter's policy and to stop the auto pay from my bank. She assured me again that it was cancelled and that once I return the cancel confirmation paper that any money taken would be refunded.

On February 16th I noticed that they again took $21.98 out of my account. I called again and was told that once they receive the returned packet I would receive a refund of both debits from my bank. I still have not received any such packet. Today 2/23/22, I get a call from Muhammed, the agent I initially dealt with telling me that my policy is 41 days past due. When I informed him that I had cancelled both policies on 1/14/22, his tone changed. He wanted to know why I cancelled. I asked him did it matter why I cancelled, that was personal to me.

So I asked him why was my bank debited money for 2 closed policies. He said, "I don't see where any money was taken from your bank." And that all he saw was I am 41 days past due. So I told him how can I be past due when the policies were cancelled in January and 2 payments came out of my bank. He kept talking over me and was not letting me get a word in, so I finally spoke loudly telling him that maybe this is why I cancelled my policies because of his lack of professionalism and rudeness after which he hung up on me. I called back but got his voicemail. Anyway I have since contacted my bank and put stop payments on all future payments to NILICO. And, I am still waiting for their packet that they say I must sign and return to get my refund. They know exactly what they are doing, stealing people's money. If it weren't for the endorsement of my Union I would never have purchased any policy with them at all. Buyer beware.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

We recently had a zoom meeting with Will **. He was pleasant and very friendly. He explained our policy and options. He is a wonderful asset to the company. Give him a call. He’s very helpful and patient even with us older people. Thank you Will…

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I have had my Nilico policy for 10 years. My husband also had a policy. When he passed away it was an easy claims process. My check was delivered within 3 days. They always reach out to me every year to see how I'm doing and I'm glad they did. I forgot to update my address when I moved.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Don’t do business with this company. They are a scam. They act all nice to get you on board. Once you have to cancel because you can no longer afford their policy they automatically keep charging you and then when you try to call their customer service number they keep you on hold for hours and then tell you someone will call you back. They never reach out. And never issue refund. Call your bank and have them revoke their permission for this scam company to deduct the payments each month.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

So my father has been with this company for 16 years now and when I logged in to check on his policy and to also print a fresh copy, I see that his address and phone number are incorrect. I try to use the online system to change them back to normal, but it doesn't work. I call every phone number I can find, some led to closed offices, most led to the customer service line. Not one, not twice, not even three times, but FOUR times I was hung up on by the reps and was even told that I was "hostile" for simply correcting a rep when they told me incorrect information about the policy numbers.

My father has not had an agent reach out to him in YEARS and we therefore do not know who his actual rep is, which makes sense since THEY HAVE THE WRONG INFORMATION ON FILE. Oh, they definitely make sure to collect their payments from him twice a year like a good sport though. This company needs to be shut down FOR GOOD. I will be looking at other agencies who actually give a damn about their clients and their families.

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

National Income Life Insurance Company Information