National Income Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About National Income Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

National Income Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Income Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Income?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Purchased 2 whole life policies, one for my daughter and one for myself in 2019. Muhammed was my representative. He actually met me at my job. He had his brother in his car and asked me to sit in the car to fill out the paperwork. The 2 policies would be $31.00 per month and would come out of my account automatically. Everything was great until the pandemic hit and money started becoming an issue with me. So, in January 2022 I decided that I was going to cancel the policies to free up some cash. I cancelled several other company accounts I had automatic payments for as well.

I called on 1/14/22 to cancel both policies. I found out that only 1 of my policies were a whole life, the other was a term life which was news to me as Muhammed told me they were both whole life policies. The lady I spoke with told me that she cancelled them and that she was sending me something in the mail to confirm. I asked her to make sure to cancel my auto bill payments as well and she assured me that as of 1/14/22 my policies cancelled and the auto deduct as well. I never received any packet from them of the sort.

When I got my January bank statement on February 11, I learned they took a payment out on January 19. And I received an invoice for 1 of the policies for $10 and some change. I called them again to find out what the invoice was about as well as why $21.98 was taken from my bank after I had cancelled them. This lady told me that they only cancelled my policy, not my daughter's and asked if I received their packet that I have to sign and return. I told her no, and I asked why they did not cancel my daughter's policy as well, which is what I asked them to do. She had no answer. So I told her to please cancel my daughter's policy and to stop the auto pay from my bank. She assured me again that it was cancelled and that once I return the cancel confirmation paper that any money taken would be refunded.

On February 16th I noticed that they again took $21.98 out of my account. I called again and was told that once they receive the returned packet I would receive a refund of both debits from my bank. I still have not received any such packet. Today 2/23/22, I get a call from Muhammed, the agent I initially dealt with telling me that my policy is 41 days past due. When I informed him that I had cancelled both policies on 1/14/22, his tone changed. He wanted to know why I cancelled. I asked him did it matter why I cancelled, that was personal to me.

So I asked him why was my bank debited money for 2 closed policies. He said, "I don't see where any money was taken from your bank." And that all he saw was I am 41 days past due. So I told him how can I be past due when the policies were cancelled in January and 2 payments came out of my bank. He kept talking over me and was not letting me get a word in, so I finally spoke loudly telling him that maybe this is why I cancelled my policies because of his lack of professionalism and rudeness after which he hung up on me. I called back but got his voicemail. Anyway I have since contacted my bank and put stop payments on all future payments to NILICO. And, I am still waiting for their packet that they say I must sign and return to get my refund. They know exactly what they are doing, stealing people's money. If it weren't for the endorsement of my Union I would never have purchased any policy with them at all. Buyer beware.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

We recently had a zoom meeting with Will **. He was pleasant and very friendly. He explained our policy and options. He is a wonderful asset to the company. Give him a call. He’s very helpful and patient even with us older people. Thank you Will…

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I have had my Nilico policy for 10 years. My husband also had a policy. When he passed away it was an easy claims process. My check was delivered within 3 days. They always reach out to me every year to see how I'm doing and I'm glad they did. I forgot to update my address when I moved.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Don’t do business with this company. They are a scam. They act all nice to get you on board. Once you have to cancel because you can no longer afford their policy they automatically keep charging you and then when you try to call their customer service number they keep you on hold for hours and then tell you someone will call you back. They never reach out. And never issue refund. Call your bank and have them revoke their permission for this scam company to deduct the payments each month.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

So my father has been with this company for 16 years now and when I logged in to check on his policy and to also print a fresh copy, I see that his address and phone number are incorrect. I try to use the online system to change them back to normal, but it doesn't work. I call every phone number I can find, some led to closed offices, most led to the customer service line. Not one, not twice, not even three times, but FOUR times I was hung up on by the reps and was even told that I was "hostile" for simply correcting a rep when they told me incorrect information about the policy numbers.

My father has not had an agent reach out to him in YEARS and we therefore do not know who his actual rep is, which makes sense since THEY HAVE THE WRONG INFORMATION ON FILE. Oh, they definitely make sure to collect their payments from him twice a year like a good sport though. This company needs to be shut down FOR GOOD. I will be looking at other agencies who actually give a damn about their clients and their families.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Trish, was so nice and helpful. She reviewed our entire policy with us. She then answered all of our questions we had. She gave us a lot of helpful information. She also gave us some information about. "The Best Benefits", which is going to save is so much money on our dental care, since we have no dental insurance, this can save us up to 50 percent off. We highly recommend giving Trish a call at National Income Life Insurance.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I got coverage on myself and my daughter. They have very fair quotes. So I got the most out of my buck for sure. Everything is clear and options are available. They offer whole and term life insurance. I got whole.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

This company used prior information that I gave to them and opened another insurance policy in my name, this after I stop dealing with this company almost a year ago. When I called to inquire how this happened, and request for this to be rectified for me to receive a refund. I was told I to fill out paperwork and cancel an policy that I did not open in order to get my money refunded. I requested that all my information including my banking information to be erased from their system. I am still awaiting my refund. Please beware of this company. I wish I could give them no stars.

Original review: July 19, 2020

At a first, we felt that this company reaching out to provide life insurance to two unionized adults sounded perfect. My partner was offered this through his work and upon sitting down with our original agent, we felt that this company offered a whole-life insurance policy that no one else could beat – cost and add-ons seemed “too good to be true.” Shortly after agreeing to this insurance plan – which was questionable considering we had to say “yes” on the exact day and time that we FIRST learned about the company and met our agent. If we didn’t agree at that exact time “we would lose out on this once of a lifetime opportunity”. We only agreed on the spot because of the cancellation waiver if we changed our minds.

A year passed and nothing seemed out of the norm until we were notified that our agent somehow got promoted (which is still baffling to me now knowing what happened to us) and we were handed off to a new agent. It was here we learned that we missed our first annual review because of the agent change and that when the second one tried repeatedly getting ahold of us it took a while to set up our second annual review. During this time where our agent “couldn’t get ahold of us”, our agent kept calling us without leaving any voicemails (we do not pick up calls without knowing who the other person is). They never emailed us either.

The only reason we learned that this was happening was because I was home one evening last fall and the young agent showed up on our porch ringing the doorbell after the sun had gone down. I was home alone and didn’t know of these “drive-by check-ins”. We felt completed invaded and were questioning that in today’s world, why voicemails or emails wouldn’t have sufficed for this communication? We soon found out why.

Fast forward to just last week when we finally connected with our agent (due to a death in our family and COVID). Our agent repeatedly and rudely reminded us over a dozen of times that he tried getting ahold of us for what seemed like a unimportant annual review of our policy and whether or not we understood it. The first part of his presentation was exactly what we thought it would be like – going everything we understood already until he strategically slid into the conversation how just for an extra $90 a month, both my partner and I could “secure” our whole-life insurance policy and convert our term, to whole.

At this point we became IRATE! There was nothing in our documentation, nor our conversations from the initial sign up that what we were paying per month ($166) was defined as “term” life insurance. We only agreed to the high monthly payment because of the whole-life benefits, where it was told to us on the original sign-up date that we would NEVER have to pay more and that this number would stay where it was until the policy was paid off.

We bet you can guess where this conversation ended… Our agent said, “Just for $90 more, we can lock in our rates for whole-life insurance right now, today, and NOW the price would never change.” We questioned how he arrived at certain numbers and he could not answer these and blamed the previous agent –while again, reminding us why he was trying to get ahold of us from some time—never acknowledging or apologizing for never emailing or leaving a voicemail or making me feel exceptionally uncomfortable by stopping by the house late at night.

We asked if we could have time as a couple to talk about whether or not this was worth our time and he said unfortunately he was too busy for another Google Meet and we had to decide in that moment—that he would allow us a few moments to mute our mics and talk. Otherwise, the deal was off the table. At that point, we felt completely taken advantage of, lied to, and this company was beyond fraudulent in the way they work and convey information.

After firmly saying no and reaching out to a new life insurance company to cancel our policy IMMEDIATELY, I began reading reviews on this company and almost every other review is about how deceiving and fraudulent this company is. Our neighbor also ended up working for them and quit after two weeks because he felt that “NILICO was beyond shady and swindled people into something that wasn’t what they actually were offering its clients.” Lastly, I went through our policy, AGAIN, and nowhere does it say anything about “term to whole life”. This company is awful with horrible customer service where we lost thousands of dollars in a few short years. I would NEVER recommend or wish this company on anyone or their families!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Today, Thursday January 30, 2020 I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Anthony ** my agent from the Bartow Ave Bronx office. He presented a Great and very thorough presentation. During each section of the presentation he took his time and explained each part, and he also ask if I had additional questions. I liked that way the videos explained the Freedom of choice. Mr. ** is very knowledgeable. In addition, I liked that he was gentle in with his words. Great Job Anthony **! Looking forward to the benefits of National Income Life Insurance.

Mireya

National Income Life Insurance response

Mireya, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Mr. Anthony and National Income Life. We’re happy he was able to answer all your questions and explain your policy options thoroughly and professionally. We thank you for choosing NIL and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

National Income Life Insurance Company Information