National Income Life Insurance

Compare Job Sites

Research top Job Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After reviewing multiple negative reviews about this interview, I decided to take my chances and go. 8 month in the business now, and I can tell you hands on, this is an opportunity like no other, the team atmosphere, the culture, the environment is all set up for upbeat individuals. There are leaders here who push you to greatness to levels I didn't know I had. I have truly found my long-term home.

Do not hesitate to make a decision based on someone's ignorant comments here, As you can see from some of the reviews, client are happy with their benefits and of course the company has been getting more and more selective to find the right candidate to represent them since they only work with niche market of union members who request the benefits. So I have the client to serve and I get paid very well. I'm looking for great things as I am pushing for management before the end of this year.

I just have to bring up the last person review about the interview process!! Yes there is 3 step process, yes they did show me 2 videos of their conventions and recognition for achieving great number, and YES, I am going to most likely in 8 months make close to 6 figures, YES I could've been a doctor or a lawyer... that flew out the door, lol, so I grabbed this opportunity with no regrets, I suggest you show up if you're invited and invest your time to learn more about the company, and make the decision based on your logic, and if you're anyone like-minded you will be excited to join as well. I hope this can help the best of you.

Thank you all for your reviews and feedback on this SCAM of a company. I just received a call a few minutes ago for an interview with them, etc. Thank God I always do my research before calling back. If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is. What's really disturbing is that they are messing with and lying to people that might be in desperate need to get a job. Thank God I have a decent job. I don't understand how people could volunteer to work for a company like this, knowing full well they are lying to others, just like they were lied to, and accepted it just to make a few dollars! SMH.

This company is a scam. They find people from online and schedule them for a interview no matter if they don't even have a high school diploma or a bachelor's degree, put them in a room and say there is a 3 part interview process and then show you a whole bunch of videos and say they will call you and say "bring $275 with you for a insurance license" and they will never call you back after taking your money. Guy during my interview said you can make $1300 a week. $1300 a week then wouldn't everyone work here? He said his income is 200-600k then why do people go to law school or med school, wouldn't they all just work here? Huge scams, they make $9000 a month from people who spend $275 for training. Flushing office 30-50, don't go.

I've had a NILICO policy for 3 years and I must say I've had nothing but a positive experience thus far. I received the benefits through my IBEW union. I've been a union electrician for 6 years and I sent in my request form in 2013. I had a guy named Nick come to explain what the union had set up for us and I was very pleased with the affordability and coverage. The program covered everything the union didn't and I'm glad I enrolled because it has helped offset some out of pocket costs from being injured.

I got hurt on my snowmobile in 2015 and broke a few bones, was in the hospital for a week, and the company paid me over $3,000 from the accident portion of the policy. I can't remember the girl's name who helped me with my claim but she was awesome. It went pretty smoothly and I highly recommend looking into a policy for your own family. The programs are great, very affordable, and really help when accidents happen.

I received a phone call from Kia from National Income offering a consultant position after seeing my resume on Monster.com (and some other position I was not clear on) and wanted to schedule and interview for the next day. I inquired what the duties were, which was about trying to get union members to get insurance or explain their benefits - not the consultant position I was looking for.

So basically, I asked 'so this is basically me trying to get people to buy your insurance packages' and she said yes. I said ok, I am not looking for any sales positions and before the next millisecond, she hung up the phone. In lieu of calling back to say how rude she was, I figured a complaint here may be better justified. Hopefully, it will save someone else the pain of thinking it's a different type of job then, just being honest by saying they are looking for people in sales or for cold callers for their insurance packages. Kia was very rude and unprofessional, therefore, even if I was thinking of considering it - she just turned me off - which could be a loss for really good working people for the company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Income?

I have life insurance through this company. When the agent came to my home to discuss the insurance plans and my options, I was able to tailor it to my own needs and wants. The agent was also very personable, knowledgeable, and friendly. I am so happy with the insurance I have, the price I pay, and my agent. Anytime I have a question my agent is just a phone call away and always gets to the bottom of whatever I need in an extremely timely matter. There's nothing better than having an affordable plan with the perfect coverage and also a dependable National Income agent to help me with whatever I need. I cannot relate to the bad reviews or complaints on here because my experience has been nothing short of wonderful.

My overall experience with NILICO was amazing. The representative was amazing and the prices can't be beat. The company is invitation only and I was very pleased that my cousin invited me to take a look at what they had to offer. I would recommend this company to all my friends and family!

I received this phone call. She provided two positions management and consulting jobs. I asked whether I can have more job descriptions. She said NO! Then I felt wired. After that, she directly booked interview time. OMG! I don't know what this job is. Thanks for all your reviews. I figured out what happened. I think they just find your resume on Monster and provide jobs related with your interests. Ask you to come and pay the license fee then sell insurance. Again many thanks for those reviews!!! I reject such interview!

I've seen up close how this agency runs... Unfortunately, they are guilty on who they hire and let sell their products!! But their goals is all about quantity and not fineness. The product is either the same as other insurance companies OR if qualified, can receive a much lower rate than most!! Again, must qualify to get the rates!! The problem is that they are hiring just anybody to sell which is always going to bring in the Sharks who don't care about the client and only making money!! This company qualifies A LOT more than ANY OTHER company out there!! Do your research!!

My wife has MS... Tell me what ins co is going to write life ins for her??? These guys will!! Anyway, I've just read everybody's reviews and I didn't see one good complaint (that didn't have to deal with bad representation that is) about the actual product itself!! Listen, if you're too stupid to buy a product from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about, you can't blame the actual product for it. There are MANY great agents that actually care about the product who are doing very well over there... Hope this helps because my aunt who has had alcohol dependency issues, just got a life ins policy!! Complain about that???

I worked for this company for several months. It is SHADY. When we call people, as recruiters, we have a script we read off. We have limited information and are told only to answer from the script and to keep it brief. Day one I was told disclosure is important and to give as little information as possible. We are told not to discuss how new hires would be paid, even though we are entirely aware that it is exclusively commission based. We are essentially required to lie to the people we're calling and would face repercussions if we did tell them anything about the pay or truthful.

We rarely have any actual resumes, we just have a long spreadsheet of phone numbers we call off of all day. We have their names, phone numbers, and have to meet a quota of "sets" for the day. When we had resumes, it didn't matter if the background was sales or not. We'd print off HUNDREDS under any search, it didn't matter. The company wants employees they don't have to be responsible for paying. They are absolutely questionable.

I felt ethically challenged working for them because I was required to lie to the people I was recruiting. I made phone calls all day, that was the extent of my position. I often overheard the agents calling customers idiots, and insulting them when they'd get upset with them. There were times where customers would be upset and the agents had "no idea" why they were wrongfully charged. Having worked for them, I'm certain that it was a scam. I made phone calls all day and had extreme limited contact with anybody else working for the company and any questions I had about the other positions or anything questionable, I was shut down and told to meet my quota for the day.

The people we called were just a number and it didn't really matter if they got hired or not. If this company calls you, don't schedule an interview. There are always people scheduled for the same slot, they don't care what your background with work experiences are, and they probably haven't even seen your actual resume. You're a name and phone number, and just a pawn to meet a quota. The positions are entirely commission based, and they will jerk you around, ask you to lie about things you know aren't true. The company is shady, and I'm certain all of the five star ratings were written by employees and are fake reviews.

I would not recommend this company to ANYONE. They have the absolute worst customer service. They illegally took money out of an account they were NEVER authorized to take money out of. The agent stole the account information off a check and set up automatic payments out of my mom's account. I am 29 years old and NEVER authorized this. I am the sole owner of my account. Then when I called because they caused her account to overdraft and ended up causing fees of $186 due to the overdraft they claim they have my signature. Oh but it's an "electronic signature" something I never signed nor authorized. BEWARE they are dishonest and hide behind electronic signatures.

I started working here about 6 months ago and I've never been happier with any other job as I am here. The amount of money I've made in 6 months is more than I've ever made in a year. The best part is, there's no cap on the amount of money you can make and we are helping people! It's a great feeling to be able to help people with their benefits and be paid well to do so. Unions are the backbone of the working class in our country and being the one and only company contracted through the unions is a beautiful thing. I love it here and am very happy I accepted the position. You must definitely be hardworking to succeed here but they will definitely give you the support you need to thrive. I work out of the Syracuse office and there's no secret to the success here. The leadership team goes above and beyond to help us be successful.

Best company I've ever had the pleasure of working for. There is no cold calling or telemarketing. You work with union families who request life insurance benefits and go to their house. It's really a soft sale, easy. You just have to schedule the appointments with people and go see them. If you work hard you will reap the benefit guaranteed. I never made less than a grand on a weekly basis. Management is very supportive, positive and helpful. They will do everything to make sure you succeed and are making a lot of money. Any other reviews that are negative on this company is false. They are reviews coming from people who make excuses and not solutions, people who never actually worked for the company that only went to an interview. This job isn't for everyone, it's for people with ambition and goals who want to keep moving onwards and upwards.

We cancelled our NILICO insurance 2 months ago. Still being billed because now they say there was 3 different policy numbers. We only had information with 1 policy number. We were considering doing another policy when money came available. NOT anymore.

Someone called me from National Income stating that they found my resume on monster and wanted to set up an interview. I asked for the title of the position and she said the hiring manager will answer those questions. I consented but was cautious so I did my homework on the firm but unfortunately not enough because I decided to try it even though the place and the people looked shady. The first red flag were the individuals who were in the waiting room. I shouldn't judge a book but most of them didn't look like they graduated from college. Anyways, I met with the manager and I asked about the pay structure and he gave me a vague answer. He stated that the presentation would answer all my questions. The presenters sounded like actors playing a part. I attempted to ask questions but the vagueness continued.

I left with more questions than answers and that was the second red flag, they avoided answering certain questions. I got a phone call that I was considered for the position, so I came in for a final session with my manager. Again, I asked about the pay structure and a detailed description of how the firm makes money and again, the vagueness! He said I needed to get licensed and that they offered a class at their location for $275. I told him I had the license years ago but was currently expired so all I did was study online. It cost me $65 dollars saving $215. I took the test and passed. Then, I was scheduled for boot camp, I allowed myself to go this far because I wanted to gauge my ability to identify fraud. By the end of the second day of boot camp, I had gathered enough information to make a decision. Insurance agents generally have a bad reputation, so gaining client trust especially an acquaintance (union member) you will be a hurdle.

The insurance products are somewhat appealing but are about the same as any other insurance company products. What appealed to me was the fact that the union members would be expecting our phone calls but National Income wants referrals more than sponsors. The sales pitch we were drilled to memorize during boot camp ended with an aggressive referrals endings. For example, "Let's call your neighbors" or "Let's call your coworkers" or "Let's call your siblings!" National Income Life are deceitful and vague when it comes to answering or presenting the truth about what their company is really about. NEW YORK LIFE is an agent commission based company, they don't hide behind VAGUE answers!

I hope my experience helps someone gain the insider information before becoming deceived by these people. They make money two ways, the insurance course which will cost $27525 people per week, that's about $9000 grand a month plus the referrals! REMEMBER THEY DON'T GUARANTEE ANYTHING SO MONEY SPENT MIGHT MONEY LOST.

I was contacted by National Income about 9 months ago for a interview - same thing, they called and said they found my resume on Monster or whatever and it intrigued me because I wasn't sure what to expect either, so nonetheless, I went for the interview and was still intrigued by the opportunity. Still curious I googled the company to find bad reviews and a few good ones. And I am honestly happy that I followed my own instinct and went for the second interview. If you want a job that pays you to do NOTHING this isn't the career for you. If you expect things to be handed to you this isn't for you. But if you want long term rewarding income that will take care of your family - Ding, Ding, DING, this is for you.

Honestly working for this company has challenged me in ways I haven't thought of. Those lazy days can't exist for me. Thank you National Income for the opportunity and the consistent check. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. So far I have not missed a paycheck and the benefits I have provided they have loved. I don't have anything bad to say about this company sorry. Current employee and future retired at 35.

I made a profile on Monster and I was contacted by a woman who said she was the human resources manager and she saw my profile and wanted me to come interview to either be a manager or work in the office. When I got there I was told this was a commission job and I need to get a license. I stated that I was not told that I would be interviewing for a position as a agent. They pretended to make another appointment with me for another interview for that job then. Complete waste of my time. And the company is outright deceitful! People are looking for jobs and they are wasting people time to get them in under false pretenses.

I was called by Matt for an interview with Mr. **. After a pleasant conversation with Matt I agreed to come in for an interview. I did my research and found out that they have an A+ with BBB and A.M. best Which is impressive. I searched other insurance companies and I couldn't find any other A+. I also checked with some union friends and they all had the benefits and had nothing but great things to say about the company and the professionalism they'd experienced when dealing with reps. When I read all the negative reviews on here it made me wonder what the deal was. Why would a growing company, that works with unions, have such bad reviews? Well, I went anyway and glad I went with my gut because as soon as I walked through the door I felt the energy of a great company. Nick did an excellent job describing how the company and job works. The reviews on here couldn't be more untrue.

There is a weekly base, warm leads, non-persuasive, pushy business practice. A really really supportive culture, and a great leadership team. I asked Nick, Matt, and a few other people why there were such negative reviews and it all makes sense now. Human nature is to blame everything in the world but one's self for failing to succeed. This company gives you all the tools to succeed. If you aren't disciplined, honest, and have a great work ethic, this probably isn't for you. It's just crazy to me the more ridiculous reviews people write on here. It just snowballs and the majority haven't even been in for an interview. They just flock to and spread negativity. No wonder they were never hired, or ended up flourishing. This company breeds success and positivity. Don't buy in to the negative bs. This company is legit and the opportunity is phenomenal. Good luck with your interview. You'd be lucky if you're chosen.

I received a call from a Matt ** at "The Moore Agency" who got me talking with him about a union job that I could work with nurses, firefighters, cops, etc making 70K a year. I set up my interview but as always, I do my homework. I asked him for their website that just so happened to be "under construction". I don't think so. Then he told me I would be interviewing with Mr. ** the executive of the Moore Agency. So I began digging deeper. I looked at this Matt guy's facebook that said he worked for NILCO & that's when I used the power of google & happened upon Consumer Affairs and read the reviews of everyone having the SAME experience. So I'm not wasting my time. Sorry Matt, but I'm not losing hours at my real job for a scam. Thanks Consumer Affairs!

Thanks to everyone that took their precious time to write a review about "National Income or/and NILICO" You saved my time and money. I received a call from their Flushing office by a woman called Lynn. She briefly explained to me that the name of the company was National Income. And that they saw my resume on Craigslist and were interested in having an interview with me. That they had opening for entry level sales and manager positions. She also mentioned that I would be working with Union... Then she quickly asked me if I was interested in any of these positions.

With a smile of a Lotto Winner, I said "Yes, I am very much interested." And she immediately scheduled me for an interview at 10 am Friday February, 26 2015. She went on telling me to bring a copy of my resume, and to dress professionally for the interview. Additionally, she told me to ask for a guy by name ** when I got to the interview site which was supposed to be at 30-50 Whitestone Expy Queens, Flushing, NY 11357.

I decided to do my homework about this company just to establish whether or not it was a reputable company...and more so to gather information in preparation for my interview. And OMG! Lo & Behold!! NATIONAL INCOME is a SCAM! Without a doubt, I know for a fact that every review here is 100% accurate. Based on the phone interaction I had with their Human Resource team members, I can confirm the reports of those previous reviewers to be nothing but a true representation of their HR weird, misleading and deceptive style of communication.

The only difference with my experience is that, I did not have to waste my precious time and money going for a SCAM interview. Thanks to everyone that has shared their experience here. Indeed, you saved me from wasting my time and money. Yes, times are hard but never be desperate for a job folks. Take your time, look around and make the right decision. Always do your research before indulging into anything. Finally, if it seems too good to be true, do yourself a favor and ...RUN!

I am the creative and marketing director for a high end lighting company in NYC. I have a private high school education and a degree from NYU. I wanted to intern part-time for an interior designer for a while now and figure it can't hurt to put my resume on Monster.com. When I get a message from 'Theo', a 'State Director for National Income Life' I was at first confused. I made it clear on my profile that I come from a design background and am looking for a design internship. I thought maybe he was a headhunter.

Then I found this site. I don't care how arrogant I sounded but my response to the email I received was "An insult that your scam of a company would even think of contacting someone like me. ** off 'Theo'." Anyone researching this company, you deserve better. Ignore their calls/emails or respond like I did. Put 'em their place.

TURNED OVER A FEW TABLES IN THAT PLACE... Y'ALL GON’ MAKE ME ACT A FOOL, UP IN HERE, UP IN HERE - Y'all know the rest of the frustrated anthem! I received a call Friday evening 12/19/2014 about my resume being found on Monster. I was "slated" for a management post. They said that they only dealt with Nurses and teachers coordinating union benefits. I'm supposed to meet with Bevar on Monday 12/22/2014 at 10:30 am, so I do the usual "check things out" search, so I could at least prepare some questions about criteria, tenure, or even pre existing claims. LO & BEHOLD all the "rave" reviews from other hard working - looking for work - soldiers. Three days before Christmas, a rainy day according to the weather service... I'm staying in maybe not asleep but definitely staying in. Thank You ALL for posting... Saved me a swipe and from going to jail.

After doing my research and contacting a Labor Union official for Upstate NY who I am related to I heard nothing but excellent feedback from him regarding their preexisting relationship. During the interview Nick was very upfront regarding the expectations he had of his potential applicants. There is a base pay weekly and the class is the only thing we had to pay for which was $80 (not bad at all with 50,000 in college debt). If you are searching for a rewarding career with growth opportunity I would suggest interviewing with them. Yes it seems to have a learning curve but what career doesn't.

I've had offers from this company before, since 2010 I think. But I wasn't desperate enough at the time to take an insurance sales job. But this year I applied to them, as my savings have been getting a little low and I haven't had full time work for two months now, and they asked me to come in. Here's the kicker: the ad I saw said it was a position for $55,000 a year. So one can imagine I was a little excited to come in. It sounded suspicious but I let it slide...

The room inside was crowded, and I said no way are they bringing in this many people for a $55K a year job. I knew a scam was up and when the interviewer said I passed the interview and wanted me to watch a "video", sales job is what popped up in my head. 40 people were in the room. I gave it a chance though, only because I'm not working full time. The insurance sounds good enough, but then a guy who claims to have made six figures with NILICO suddenly said we have to pay for our own training. I'm like WTF - Why can't you reach behind, pay for it? Then he had the nerve to say only 6 people from the room would be chosen. At least 20 people walked out of the room before he even said this, which I found humorous. Not working, one can feel swayed by a position like this - but why LIE to get people to come into a job interview? To say a job will pay $55K, almost suggested it's a base pay, then tell you during the interview it's all based on "potential and positive thinking" is BS. NILICO, stop lying on ads and for the love of God, stop calling me!

Beyond angry that I wasted my time "interviewing" for this scam of a company. I failed to do my research however, so I have myself to thank for that. I received a call last Wednesday from their East Syracuse office. A woman named Stacey asking me to come in on Friday for an interview. She gave little information, it was a struggle to get anything out of her. She said I would be interviewing for a management position...that was the first lie. She also said that the salary is between 45k to 65k...second lie.

I got to the interview and walked into an office that looked like it had been moved into the day before. Handed my resume to Stacey, signed in and took a seat. I was then asked to come into an office with ** ... the man the office is named after. He asked me a few questions, told me I would be a great fit for the company and asked if I had some time for another group interview session. He then sent me into a conference room with 4 other unsuspecting people and we listened to a ** presentation for about an hour and a half. Which consisted of this guy talking about how wealthy he is and basically boosting his ego and wasting my time. There is no base pay. You work 6 days a week, 12 hour days for the first 90 days (if you make your sales) and they say after that you get to work your own schedule. With it being 100% commission, if you make zero sales-you make zero money. It's a scam. I hope none of you waste your time like I did.

Thank you to everyone that wrote a review, I almost made a very stupid mistake. I received an email from the local office that they found my resume on Monster and if I was interested in a position? I called the number and went directly to a voice message. I received a call-back to set up an interview for Friday. I had a 9:00 am appointment and was told to bring a copy of my resume. As soon as I entered the office I thought something was up. This office looked like it could be packed up and gone within one hour. That should have been my sign to turn and run. I had the interview with the regional manager and after our conversation I was told that she had other people interested and wanted me to sit in this room and answer a few questions.

About 10 minutes later the manager came back and told me that she wasn't interested in the other people and wanted to talk more about an offer. She started the conversation with the pay structure and that she is making $300,000 a year. I let her do her sales pitch and wanted me to leave for Rochester that Sunday and she would pay for everything. I keep telling her that this seems way too good to be true and she agreed with me and told me that as long as I did $3,000 a week I could set my own schedule after the first 90 days.

The training program was Monday and Thursday phone calling and setting up appointments, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday you're on the road from 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm. I accepted the position and told her I couldn't start until the 29th. My gut kept telling me that something was up and that was before I saw this site. I spoke to a few professionals and they all told me to go with my gut. Well today at 11:00 am I called and turned down the position and started to do some research on the company and came across this site and this confirmed my gut feeling. Thank you to everyone that took the time to write a review and remember to always trust your gut.

I am so overjoyed and happy I decided to check out this company before I went to the interview scheduled for 2 days from now. I was excited when I received a call from the Human Resource rep named Raji (female) who explained to me that she found my resume on Monster and I qualified for both positions they were looking to fill. The first position was for a program consultant paying $50k - $60k/yr. and the other was an entry level management position paying $60k - $70k/yr. She said I would be working strictly with union members involving supplemental benefits and making sure they had the right benefit package. They don't work with the general public according to Raji. This was the job detail for the personal consultant job. Then she explained the management position where I would be managing and training a team of between 5 recruits and/or agents on company procedures, rules and regulations with plenty of promotion opportunities and a full benefit package. She said the Regional manager I would've met with was Salman (male). Thanks for saving me the time, money and travel. I'm am forever grateful! I hate hustlers.

Today, I got a call from a Nina at National Income Human Resources. She stated she got my Resume from Monster.com. I am already aware of their schemes and will not be returning that call based on my uncle's personal experience a few weeks ago, as well as all these helpful online reviews I came across. My uncle got a call from a Tasheda at the same company a few weeks ago. He is desperately searching for a job and was very excited to get a call the next day after posting a resume on Monster.com. I accompanied him to the so called interview for moral support, where we came to realize it's all a scam. The look of the whole thing when you first enter the building makes you wanna make a U turn. There are so many people in a tiny room. The "interview" was extremely rushed and unprofessional. There was barely any information provided. It ended with them trying to get you into some training you have to pay for!? He traveled two hours to get there. Time and money wasted. It's repulsive the way people take advantage of others need and desperation.

I am not going to write a story but understand before going to a interview at American Income Life you will be going to sell Health Insurance door to door. This company is a scam over all scams.

A woman, Julie, called me this morning to tell me that she'd seen my resume posted on CareerBuilder, and wanted to know if I was still looking for full time employment. She wanted to find out my professional experience. My resume clearly details my background in Education and recently in Mental Health Counseling, but I still explained it to her. She told me the same thing that all of you wrote in your review; never mentioning that they are an Insurance Company. She scheduled an interview for 10am tomorrow 6/4/14 in Astoria, NY. I took the the time to research the company so that I would be prepared to make a good impression. I am so happy I did this research because I would have gone on this long trip based on deception. I thank all of you wonderful folk for sharing your experiences. This will save me time, energy, and money that I cannot afford to throw into unwise pursuits. Like I tell myself... it is very easy to take a job because of desperation... but let's listen to our "gut feeling"..... Continue to research and be aware of scammers passing off themselves as hiring managers.

National Income Life Insurance Company Profile