National Income Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About National Income Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

National Income Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Income Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Income?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I have been looking for life insurance and through a friend. He recommended Jenny **. The presentation was very clear and informative. She explained all areas of the product being offered. At the end I was able to make a decision to protect my family. I have referred a few of my friends and family to Jenny because of my experience.

National Income Life Insurance response

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with National Income Life. We’re happy our representative was able to answer all your questions and explain your policy options in a clear and informative presentation. We appreciate you choosing NIL and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

Ms. Renee ** Was courteous, kind and very helpful. She presented herself professionally and elaborated the information she presented. She made me feel comfortable without pressure. With skills of experience which allowed me to decide what’s best for my future.

National Income Life Insurance response

Lissette, we’re glad to hear that our representative was courteous, kind and helpful and you're satisfied with your recent experience. Thank you for choosing National Income LIfe and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Anne Marie explained everything clearly and was very detailed. She made everything easy and had her own personality and humor. She made a hard topic of insurance, easier and helped me be properly protected.

National Income Life Insurance response

Walter, welcome to the National Income Life family! We're glad our representative was able to help you find the best fit for your life insurance needs. Our goal is always to make this important process as simple and easy as possible for our valued customers. Your satisfaction is our top priority and we look forward to serving you for years to come.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I recently purchased life insurance and was very pleased. Anne Marie ** was my agent and she was extremely helpful during the whole process. She is so sweet & knowledgeable. She deserves a promotion and raise.

National Income Life Insurance response

That’s what we’re here for! We’re happy to know we’re providing the best service possible! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I received a phone call from Chris saying he represented a company that provided “union benefits for non-union employees”. He was very vague about what services were provided but was insistent on sitting down with me to discuss what was offered. Initially I made the appointment but asked for a contact number in case I needed to cancel. After doing some online research I discovered this was for life insurance. I called back the number I was given to cancel the appointment but had to leave a message as Chris was in a meeting. Days later I get a follow up call confirming our appointment. I call back again leaving a message to cancel. Then I get a voicemail at 9:34pm saying he was running late for our 8:00pm appointment!

When Chris called AGAIN about the appointment I told him I had left 2 messages cancelling the appointment and also saying that calling at 9:30 at night was completely unprofessional and that if I had actually wanted the appointment I would’ve changed my mind when he called an hour and a half after we were supposed to meet. Chris got very snippy and when I told him to lose my number and not bother me again he actually said “no problem dude”. I’m disgusted and I sincerely hope this company goes out of business sooner than later.

National Income Life Insurance response

Sarah, we're very sorry to learn of your experience with NIL. The agent situation you described is not acceptable and does not meet our Company's expectations regarding the level of service provided to our valued customers. We will certainly address this matter with those involved and invite you to send additional location and agent details through a PRIVATE message. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I had a wonderful experience with Isabella. My family owns several policies with Nilico and other companies for years and Isabella took the time to explain how all of our polices work. She was very knowledgeable, friendly and honest. A true professional, I recommended her to all my friends.

National Income Life Insurance response

Grace, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with NILICO! We appreciate you choosing us for your financial protection and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Signed up for life insurance, money was taken out of my account a week after I signed up for the policy. You don't know if you qualify or meet the requirements. After several weeks I finally got acceptance letter. I got a letter with it stating if I wanted to cancel the policy mail back the policy with 20 days after I had received it. So I sent it back, called them to see what was going on. Lady I talked to said had to fill out cancellation form and then my policy money would be refunded. So I emailed it back then they took more money out of my account. So I called today, they are telling me that my policy isn't cancelled and my money will not be refunded because it was past 30 days.

I told him, "No it wasn't. You people dated the policy for the 29th of April but policy was not mailed until the May 10th, and I mailed it back on the 20th because I didn't receive it until after the 14th because of the weekend." He basically called me a liar and would not help me. So their policy indicates that you will be refunded but they just steal your money and refuses to help you. Horrible customer service refused to let me speak to a supervisor. Told him I can't make a post office stamp and I would send him a picture as he told me that is unacceptable and I'm wrong. Don't waste your time or money as they lie to you and you will not get it back. I have proof of the stamp the letter sent my email and picture of the letter stating it would be refunded but I'm wrong. I would of selected no stars but it made me pick one. Horrible experience and have been scammed.

National Income Life Insurance response

Kimberly, we are so sorry to learn of your experience with NIL. We invite you to send us an email with more agent/agency details so that we can investigate this matter. We look forward to hearing back from you and taking steps to correct this situation.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I received a call from NILICO from Magaly **. She told me the worked in conjunction with my union and that she had to meet with me to explain everything. I can’t explain with words how her customer service skills are. She is extremely educated . She came in time and spent time with me explaining every detail. Thanks Magaly!!

National Income Life Insurance response

Yolanda, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with National Income Life! We appreciate you reaching out to us and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I met with Magaly ** last week. I had a great experience with her, she explained the process thoroughly and efficiently. I would recommend her and the company to do life insurance to my family and friends!

National Income Life Insurance response

Sheila, it’s always a pleasure serving and protecting families! We appreciate you letting us know how we’re doing and for choosing National Income Life!

Original review: April 25, 2019

Magaly ** was very helpful and professional in her service. I had a ton of questions regarding life insurance since I am rather young and never saw myself purchasing it before but after meeting with her, my doubts were cast aside and I was able to do business with her and her company. Amazing agent, very patient and flexible, gave me her personal number and explained that I could call at any hour of the day with any questions.

National Income Life Insurance response

Thailiany, we’re glad to hear that you're satisfied with your recent experience. Thank you for choosing National Income Life!

Original review: April 25, 2019

I met with Magali ** to do my life insurance through my junior. If you want to have a good price for your life insurance, this is the company to go. The prices are really good for the hard working family.

National Income Life Insurance response

Geysi, thank you for reaching out to National Income Life! We’re glad we delivered the affordable coverage you deserve and expect. We sincerely appreciate you choosing National Income Life.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I did my life insurance policy with the agent name Magaly. She was really sweet and patient since I didn’t know anything about life insurance but she explained me everything and I decided to buy a whole life since I want to keep the same price forever. Thank you Magaly.

National Income Life Insurance response

Sonia, thank you for reaching out to National Income Life! We’re glad we delivered the excellent service you deserve and expect. We sincerely appreciate you choosing National Income Life.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I had the pleasure to meet Magaly ** to do my life insurance. I was skeptical about life insurance but the way she explained me every product and the importance showed me how important it is. She came on time to the appt and even wait for me for a few minutes since I was late.

National Income Life Insurance response

Joel, that’s what we’re here for! We’re happy to know we’re providing the best service possible! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing and thanks for choosing National Income Life.

Original review: April 18, 2019

It started off with my friend referring me and they nonstop called my phone until I agreed to meet with them. After thinking I could give them a shot, not even a year later I tried to cancel and they kept one policy open when I wanted to cancel it all. I didn’t realize they had kept charging me until about a year later when I called again to cancel and this lady that I talked to had told me that she would refund me for the whole year which was almost $400.

So a month later I didn’t receive the check that she had told me I would get and I also got another charge on my card which had made my bank account go negative. So after calling for the third time, they tell me I will only get refunded for this months charge. So I explained my previous call to them and he told me his supervisor didn’t approve of that refund and that’s why I won’t be receiving it. Also to point out that no one ever told me I had to sign something in order to cancel. (Because I’ve canceled a total of 3 times now.) This insurance place is a scam and a ripoff. I can’t even talk to someone in charge who knows what they’re talking about. Every phone call I seem to get a different answer.

National Income Life Insurance response

Kaylyn, please accept our sincere apology for this refund issue. The service you've described is unacceptable to you and to NIL. If this situation is still unresolved please email us your name, policy number, phone number and the best time to contact you and we'll have a supervisor call you. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Original review: March 25, 2019

National Income Life is a total scam. Save yourself money and hassle by doing your research ahead of time. They hold your money after they denied you, they promise to send a replacement check after 30 days, I was denied and no one could explain why, they said it was my medical exam which I brought to my doctors that said I am healthy and fine. So SAVE TIME AND HASSLE AND DONT GIVE IN TO THIS SCAM!

National Income Life Insurance response

Charles, we apologize that our NIL coverage wasn't a good fit for you. One of our top priorities is providing various types of affordable financial coverage to our customers and we're sorry we were not able to provide that for you. If you still have questions regarding your situation please email us with your name, a phone number and best time to contact you. We'll have a representative contact you. Thank you for reaching out to National Income Life.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Ireland ** did an excellent job with her presentation -using her laptop and her comfortable conversational tone it encouraged you to ask about the details involved. Unfortunately, we are NOT eligible for life insurance due to our age, health and pre existing conditions. We were happy to sign up for the free accidental loss offered by my husbands union. Ireland drove out of her way to come to Mexico NY to see us and then had to drive back home through a Lake effect Whiteout snow storm. If we were able to qualify we would have been happy to work with Ireland. We will give the child safety kit to our son and daughter in law for our new granddaughter. Well done! She is a very professional well trained agent who loves what she does!

National Income Life Insurance response

Martha, we're glad Ireland was informative and professional during the appointment but disappointed that you and your husband weren't eligible for our coverage. We appreciate your review of National Income Life and wish you all the best in the future.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Had a very pleasant experience with Michael ** with National Income Life Insurance. I was in town for a short trip and he took the time to meet with me when I was available, on short notice. Extremely professional. Took all the confusion and hassle away. He was willing to work with me to make a plan that would benefit my family without breaking the bank. I would highly recommend him.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I was referred to Magaly by a friend to obtain life insurance. She was fantastic, very professional, personable and flexible which was amazing. I sent her an email early in the morning to set up a meeting in a near future and she was able to come to my place of employment during my lunch break and explain all I needed to know and the process. I had been looking at getting life insurance and frankly the hundreds of calls a days from various brokers had me petrified. Magaly was superb in her delivery of the information and expeditiousness of the process. I would most certainly recommend her to friends and family.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Had the pleasure to purchase my first Life Insurance policy from a genuine and honest person. Nas was warm and very informative on the different types of Life Insurance available. He gave me a few options to work with. He took my budget into consideration and provided me with a great product that fit all of my financial needs.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I tried calling everyone in the Oldham-Gryska Agency to get help. I never had a call returned except from an agent and Mga that were from Syracuse. I submitted a claim for an accident, they cut a check in seven days. I was waiting for the check. On day 10 I called the home office in Texas where the check was cut and I am told it was voided for a review. After months of sending more information and even having my doctor write a note stating the accident they tell me they don’t pay those claims. They tell me to get a lawyer and have them write a letter stating the accident and they will pay. I asked to speak directly to the SGA Durhon Oldham and or Brett Gryska but was pushed off to Hal **. I still never had a chance to speak to anyone. I worked for this company for two years, I heard stories of accident claims not being paid but never believed the stories. Now it has happened to me. Not even the manager In Claims would speak to me or return a phone call.

My credit union could not receive a call back. These benefit are to keep you on Your feet while out of work for an accident or injury where you seek medical attention. They tried saying I didn’t go to a doctor in time but I proved I did. I was told to prove everything they asked and I did and they did not pay. But being told you will hear back and cannot get a phone call is ridiculous especially for someone that worked for you and has sold these policies on good faith. I heard stories about a check getting cut for someone who died after a DWI because he was part of a big union, this guy even signed a DWI waiver because he already had a couple prior to getting the policy. But your average Joe gets screwed and cannot make ends meet months later.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I tried calling everyone in the Oldham-Gryska agency to get help. I never had a call returned except from an agent and Mga that were from Syracuse. I submitted a claim for an accident, they cut a check in seven days. I was waiting for the check on day 10. I called the home office in Texas where the check was cut and I am told it was voided for a review. After months of sending more information and even having my doctor write a note stating the accident they tell me they don’t pay those claims. They tell me to get a lawyer and have them write a letter stating the accident and they will pay.

My credit union could not receive a callback. These benefit are to keep you on Your feet while out of work for an accident or injury where you seek medical attention. They tried saying I didn’t go to a doctor in time but I proved I did. I was told to prove everything they asked and I did and they did not pay. But being told you will hear back and cannot get a phone call is ridiculous especially for someone that worked for you and has sold these policies on good faith. I heard stories about a check getting cut for someone who died after a DWI because he was part of a big union, this guy even signed a DWI waiver because he already had a couple prior to getting the policy. But your average Joe gets screwed and cannot make ends meet months later.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Sarah ** was our agent and it was a very smooth process. She was able to answer all questions and meet all our needs. We are very happy so far and plan to keep this for the rest of our lives. We highly suggest using this company.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I’ve had a life insurance policy with this company for three years. My father is currently retiring and this is the ONLY life insurance policy that will not be changing when he retires from work. I made sure everybody in my family has a policy with this company.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I have had National Income Life Insurance for 3 + years & never filed a claim. I just sent in my first claim because I had to go to a Chiropractor. They sent back a letter that said the only way they cover you is if you go to a HOSPITAL. As far as I know there has never been a Chiropractor in a hospital. I was lied to so I would buy the ins. I have 2 other accident policies, Aflac & Combined Life, that sent me money right away for the Chiropractor visit. I have cancelled the policy & recommend that no one pays for this accident insurance. It is a scam.

Original review: July 8, 2017

They work with union families and take care of their needs on the hardest day of their lives. They work their ** off to help them out. Hiring in upstate NY is above and beyond the best in the country and shouldn't be reflected by other parts of the country and what they did years ago.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

After reviewing multiple negative reviews about this interview, I decided to take my chances and go. 8 month in the business now, and I can tell you hands on, this is an opportunity like no other, the team atmosphere, the culture, the environment is all set up for upbeat individuals. There are leaders here who push you to greatness to levels I didn't know I had. I have truly found my long-term home.

Do not hesitate to make a decision based on someone's ignorant comments here, As you can see from some of the reviews, client are happy with their benefits and of course the company has been getting more and more selective to find the right candidate to represent them since they only work with niche market of union members who request the benefits. So I have the client to serve and I get paid very well. I'm looking for great things as I am pushing for management before the end of this year.

I just have to bring up the last person review about the interview process!! Yes there is 3 step process, yes they did show me 2 videos of their conventions and recognition for achieving great number, and YES, I am going to most likely in 8 months make close to 6 figures, YES I could've been a doctor or a lawyer... that flew out the door, lol, so I grabbed this opportunity with no regrets, I suggest you show up if you're invited and invest your time to learn more about the company, and make the decision based on your logic, and if you're anyone like-minded you will be excited to join as well. I hope this can help the best of you.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

Thank you all for your reviews and feedback on this SCAM of a company. I just received a call a few minutes ago for an interview with them, etc. Thank God I always do my research before calling back. If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is. What's really disturbing is that they are messing with and lying to people that might be in desperate need to get a job. Thank God I have a decent job. I don't understand how people could volunteer to work for a company like this, knowing full well they are lying to others, just like they were lied to, and accepted it just to make a few dollars! SMH.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

This company is a scam. They find people from online and schedule them for a interview no matter if they don't even have a high school diploma or a bachelor's degree, put them in a room and say there is a 3 part interview process and then show you a whole bunch of videos and say they will call you and say "bring $275 with you for a insurance license" and they will never call you back after taking your money. Guy during my interview said you can make $1300 a week. $1300 a week then wouldn't everyone work here? He said his income is 200-600k then why do people go to law school or med school, wouldn't they all just work here? Huge scams, they make $9000 a month from people who spend $275 for training. Flushing office 30-50, don't go.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

I've had a NILICO policy for 3 years and I must say I've had nothing but a positive experience thus far. I received the benefits through my IBEW union. I've been a union electrician for 6 years and I sent in my request form in 2013. I had a guy named Nick come to explain what the union had set up for us and I was very pleased with the affordability and coverage. The program covered everything the union didn't and I'm glad I enrolled because it has helped offset some out of pocket costs from being injured.

I got hurt on my snowmobile in 2015 and broke a few bones, was in the hospital for a week, and the company paid me over $3,000 from the accident portion of the policy. I can't remember the girl's name who helped me with my claim but she was awesome. It went pretty smoothly and I highly recommend looking into a policy for your own family. The programs are great, very affordable, and really help when accidents happen.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I received a phone call from Kia from National Income offering a consultant position after seeing my resume on Monster.com (and some other position I was not clear on) and wanted to schedule and interview for the next day. I inquired what the duties were, which was about trying to get union members to get insurance or explain their benefits - not the consultant position I was looking for.

So basically, I asked 'so this is basically me trying to get people to buy your insurance packages' and she said yes. I said ok, I am not looking for any sales positions and before the next millisecond, she hung up the phone. In lieu of calling back to say how rude she was, I figured a complaint here may be better justified. Hopefully, it will save someone else the pain of thinking it's a different type of job then, just being honest by saying they are looking for people in sales or for cold callers for their insurance packages. Kia was very rude and unprofessional, therefore, even if I was thinking of considering it - she just turned me off - which could be a loss for really good working people for the company.

National Income Life Insurance Company Information