Florida Virtual School

Compare Online High Schools

Research top Online High Schools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We had nothing but a good experience with the school. My kids always performed really well on the FSA and EOC. I worried about it being as good as brick and mortar after reading reviews. However, my kids switched to brick and mortar schools and are top performers in their classes. I'm considering having my daughter come back to FLVS FT next year since we liked it better. However, we are giving the local school a shot to be just as adequate?

The fact that the students cannot communicate with their teachers as needed, speaks for itself. Teachers simply seem not to care until the time the last grade has to be submitted. The lessons are a failure to provide students with any substance needed in a given area of studies. Lessons simply do not meet the level of education our children should be provided to succeed. That combined with the attitude of the staff is simply a very bad combination. My two sons have attended the school quite few times over the years and need more that stack of writing to publish their experience. Even though, both of my sons received not a grade lower than an "A". The substance they were suppose to receive simply was not there. The way the teachers conduct their work is appalling.

This agency is a extremely absurd in the same moment that they decided to open was only to steal the money to the government, my son is taking a English class I, and the teacher name Christine ** never help him. Several time I called her and she never respond me back and the dates that my son set up an appointment with her for help with assignment she never call him - not even answers the phone, and when I called the counsel for that grade leave a message where it said that if I have a question about that teacher I need to contact her or contact my son school. They are irresponsible, they don't take that job serious, they did not support my son ever, and never send us the grades for each assignment. I don't recommended this agency like a real course for no one student, completely deficiency in general.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Florida Virtual School is a public online high school located in Florida. Classes are free to Florida residents and available on a paid basis for those outside the state.

• Flexible schedule: Students can choose to follow the traditional one hundred eighty day, semester-based school calendar or a more flexible option to suit their needs.
  • Access to teachers: Students have access to teachers for guidance, questions and clarification using phone, text, email or instant messaging.
  • Award-winning program: Florida Virtual School has won numerous awards including the Learning! 100 Award from E-learning! Media Group and the Platinum Learning Impact Award from the IMS Global Learning Consortium.
  • FLVS global school: FLVS has created a global community of students across the nation and in sixty-seven other countries. The learning schedule is flexible and there are over one hundred courses to choose from including AP and NCAA-approved courses.
  • Homeschool Hub: Homeschool Hub offers a gathering point for homeschool families to help guide them in all aspects of online high school and to address the unique needs and goals of homeschool families.
  • Best for Students with other commitments, home-schooled students, working adults and military families.

Compare Online High Schools