Laurel Springs School

Compare Online High Schools

Research top Online High Schools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I would rate Laurel Springs School as having extreme value because it is very helpful and knowledgeable and is great online education that offers a really great experience. This Laurel Springs School has great opportunities that help me learn a vast knowledge of different studies that I am interested in and is very qualified in my opinion. I feel and believe that the overall course selection is really great and really offers some a great variety of different fields of study to help me succeed in life. I would definitely recommend this program for the ease of online learning. It is very simple and easy to use and has a wide range of choices for me to take.

I loved it. I learned a lot from this. Some of my family and friends are even doing this program. They also love it too. It's the best. I earn my credits fast. It was very hard for me sometimes but all the other one was easy for me. I want everyone to try it out. You will be very happy. It was very easy to pick my classes. The schedule was very convenient too. They worked around my schedule the best they could. Thanks for everything. It was easy to learn the stuff. If I had a problem they was always there for me no matter what. They have the best teachers there. Thanks for the help with everything.

The teachers are very nice, and they really help you when you do not know what to do. In general, I like going to school and learn with others. The instructor is smart, he/she will teach you a lot of concepts which exceeds my expectations. I feel like I learned so much from this class, and I would definitely recommend it to others. There are many course to select from, but I recommend Art because it is fun and the teachers are very nice. Sports are also great, the coaches are very nice and will be helpful. It was very easy and comfortable to learn everything. I have had absolutely no trouble learning anything. The instructor teaches very well.

It was the best school I ever went to. I really learned a lot from there. I am really glad I had the chance to experience going there, the teacher are great and I never had problem with them. The instructor was the best. He taught me so much. I am very glad I had the chance to meet him and be in his classes, I would be happy to do it all over again if I good. The course was not as long as I thought it would be. It went by really quick. The teacher that help you through is great. If I could I would redo the course. The ease of learning is all up to you if you are ready to learn and not that hard to do if you ever have problem. There are teachers there to help you thru your problems.

The classes were very valuable as I learned lots of new information and had helpful staff to work around. It is also safe so you don't have to worry and can focus more. They have a great course selection that is meaningful for not just school life but in other aspects as well that you will remember for a long time and a great staff to work with you. It is very easy to learn in that environment a combination of dedicated workers and dedicated teachers results in a peaceful working environment for all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Laurel Springs School ?

We enrolled our daughter in third grade with Laurel Springs. They sent out textbooks but then lost contact with us. I struggled to administer the curriculum myself. They said we could use a digital curriculum for math but then they said they did not know how to incorporate it. We got an email just before the semester ended. When we told them we didn't want a second semester they would not refund us. Very unprofessional. We left several messages with the director and she never returned any of our calls or emails. Probably should have sued them in hindsight.

What a disappointing experience!!! My son DID NOT HEAR from ANY teacher the WHOLE year!! That is almost impossible!! 2 weeks before the end of the year, then they decide to EMAIL him to recommend getting an extension $$$$ to allow him to finish his classes without penalty. I have 2 kids on the public (FLVS) system of education and for $8000. They did not even come close to the quality of teaching we get from the public system. Not worth it. We wasted our money. My son did well because he is a good student. Otherwise, don't expect any help from these teachers. The one and only time I emailed a teacher, I never heard from him! Not one phone conversation with any teacher. We are talking 5 classes and NO communication except their mass emails!! I don't know what else to say. Don't make my mistake.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1991, Laurel Springs is a private online school with a large course offering and full academic support. Laurel Springs also focuses on community and building a sense of school pride.

• Accreditation: Laurel Springs is accredited by AdvancED, the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI).
  • College acceptance: Laurel Springs has a ninety-one percent college acceptance rate.
  • Community and social life: The school offers online clubs that allow students to interact in real-time and even share projects. In addition, there are regional social events held throughout the year including a prom and graduation.
  • Gifted Academy: The Gifted Academy allows students to explore Honors and AP courses, and provides opportunities to conduct in-depth research projects. Critical and creative thinking as well as leadership skills are nurtured and emphasized here.
  • Virtual open house: Held monthly, a virtual open house allows prospective students and their families to interact with teachers, students and other families to answer questions.
  • Best for Students with other commitments, home-schooled students and military families.

Compare Online High Schools