1.56/5
Based on 34 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

65 K12 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

I decided to sign my son up for K12 when he and I moved to California in the middle of the school year. We were moving to LA and I was nervous about putting into a school system I knew so little about. Plus, he is an actor and we wanted some flexibility. What a disappointment. First of all, the curriculum we were sent was way too much. Too many workbooks. Not only that, but it was way too easy. Even the "advanced" materials were too easy for my son. His teacher wasn't of any help. He told me I should be the one to supplement the curriculum. Ummmmm... No! That's not my job. I wanted to be his mom -- not his teacher.

Not only that, but there was next to no flexibility. A true homeschool program allows students to work at their own pace on their own time. This wasn't possible with K12. There was no accountability either. There was no "proof" that the work was completed either than what was logged into the system. Do you know how easy it is to fudge that? INCREDIBLY easy. EMBARRASSINGLY easy. Not that I know anything about that or anything. My son HATED it. We moved to a more desirable school system and he attended a traditional school for 2 years. It took me that long to encourage him to try another homeschool program. We finally found one that truly fits the description of homeschooling and we can't wait to begin.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I am currently a K12 student and it is absolutely horrible. I will say it's not as bad as regular public school, though, because there isn't the pressure of other students. But, the teachers are complete idiots. I'm positive they are not qualified to be actual teachers. There's way too much work, and none of it makes any sense. The whole point of doing online school was to get away from the stress and long hours of regular school, but they expect me to spend at least an hour per class every day (I have 8 classes). One day I had a doctor appointment and I emailed all of my teachers to let them know I wouldn't be attending my live classes, and then a week later I got an email saying they were going to kick me out of k12 for not being compliant and missing too many classes.

It turns out I was supposed to send them a doctor's note, but no one told me that and we didn't even find that out until months later. My homeroom teacher is real full of herself too. Every time we have ever talked to her, she yells at me for not meeting her expectations and then will talk forever about how great she is. The teachers don't use correct grammar a lot of the time, and they don't correct the students that don't use correct grammar. My best friend is also in K12 and has the same problems. Except her teacher calls her mom every time she doesn't spend an hour or more per class. Altogether, It has been a horrible experience and we have had nothing but problems all year long. Don't even bother with this school.

Get expert buying tips about Online Homeschools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 22, 2018

My child never ever signed up for K12. I call 2 times about information and these ** totally call me harassing me about computers not 2 but 8. Mind you I never signed her up. I call 6 six x. Poor customer service. Lack of empathy. They say, "Oh I'M sorry for the confusion." But these ** still calling me about computer. I told them you have the wrong person to be calling and ask for my address. I told them. We so sorry the member in Maryland. What the hell. I swear I sue the hell out of this company. ** scam.

Original review: April 24, 2018

HORRIBLE COMMUNICATION AND OTHER IN THE K12 OREGON - THIS K-12 program, is absolutely horrible, they never let you talk to a person, and they always say that nothing is on file, when everything is in their file! I felt very useless and very insecure and this is a bad school! I honestly would've done better at my former school that should've been rated a 0.5/10. This school is a 0.0/10. Don't make the same mistake with this K-12.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I have an elementary student who has huge anxiety issues from sensory overload in the regular school environment. K12 allows him to get rid of the chaos that exists with many kids being pent up in the same room. He is very bright and never needs practice or repetition to learn. Once he gets it, he gets it for good. The paid private school option is the only option that allows him to go at his own, much faster, speed without having to move along at the pace of the other kids or the teachers. The teachers were available and gave occasional but totally optional PowerPoint presentations via Blackboard to keep things interesting, but otherwise, they stayed out of sight, which for us was a good thing.

The public option is VERY different and much more like a public school should be, but unfortunately, that wasn't what we needed. We needed LESS involvement to allow my son to move at his own pace, and the paid option also allowed him to skip the state exams which would have triggered his anxiety too much to manage. This is true homeschooling, but it is not for the faint of heart or wallet. Being so pricey, it actually motivated me to invest more of my time and energy in the program so that he wouldn't waste the opportunity.

He started the year in second grade and I was easily able to move him into third grade before the end of the first month when I saw that was more appropriate. The vocabulary segment seems a year behind the rest of the curriculum, and the critical thinking skill training seems lacking compared to the mid-year expectations, but with a bit of additional teaching outside the curriculum, he was able to meet the goals. If your kid is a fast learner, this is perfect. If they need practice and repetition, I know without a doubt that this option would be hell. Know your kid, know their style, know their needs, then decide what is best for THEM.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about K12?

Original review: April 4, 2018

This is NOT homeschooling. It's not even GOOD public school. If you want information shoved down your kid's throat at a rate that no one could ever retain, then rushed through chapter after chapter of Science with NO teacher help, then yes. Absolutely. This is the school for you. If you want to know anything at all about WWI, Spelling and Reading? That's on you. This school (IDVA) is a joke. The "classroom" is not virtual. It's just a power point presentation. The kids don't get to interact, the teacher just lectures and most of the time, the lesson doesn't even match up with the quiz they have to take at the end. We are pulling our daughter out.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Please for the love of God do not send your child to this "school". It is probably the worst online school you could possibly attend with no interaction with the teachers, a poor layout, and all around confusion. My Mother was diagnosed with CANCER. Therefore, it required me to commute a long distance. Moreover, my daughter's grades were negatively impacted by the fact that her grandmother was terminally ill. Nevertheless, my daughter was administratively withdrawn from the K12 Program without any explanation. Although I followed up with a detailed appeal letter that provided insight regarding our unfortunate circumstances; her enrollment was not reinstated. The administrative staff was completely insensitive to my daughter's situation. This school obviously only cares about school ratings and end of grade test scores which they disguise as "compliance". Additionally, their Great Schools Rating was a 4 out of 10.

Original review: March 24, 2018

There are multiple problems with the website. My child could not even get passwords to open a her quizzes. We call a hotline to get a voicemail then no reply. We try chatting and email just to fall behind more after begging for help with all these issues. We are told my daughter has been withdrawn. This is a scam! Not a school.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

When the school year started I thought this was a great school (New Mexico K12). I was dearly mistaken. My daughter is in the 8th grade. The math/homeroom teacher Ms ** has lied, changed her story and bullied my daughter. This lady even went as far as to tell my child that she didn't have the intellectual ability to be in her math class. Now to me that is just a fancy way of calling someone stupid... Something NO TEACHER should ever say to a child. Sadly this school won't listen to my daughter about this lady nor me. This lady claimed she tried contacting my daughter and myself several times.

This too is incorrect as she at the point of this review has called me only 3 times and one of those times was before school was even in session. The "teacher" also cancels love lessons constantly then complains to the children that they are failing her class. A child cannot succeed if they aren't taught and taught well. So in closing if you don't mind your child being told her or she is stupid and don't care about your child's education... This school is for you!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

My son just started K12 and he still hasn't received his computer, therefore he is getting behind on classes already. They keep asking for information that I have already sent in. Saying his registration isn't complete but they have him as an active student. I'm frustrated. Public schools failed my child and now I feel the same about online schooling.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

K12 is not all it seems. The private side has to been charging the monthly fee of $$ even though I called them and requested to be cancelled when my son got into public side of it. I have been calling them over 3 weeks to get my money back. I get told I have to deal with sales but no one ever returns my phone call.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

My daughter never got an F before till I put her in this school. The teachers are never helping the kids. My daughter sent them a email for help. They still haven't responded and it's been 2 days now.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

K12 is a great school! It's not just a curriculum, but it is actually a public school! You can interact with your peers, make friends, and go to the online classes! They do have scheduled times for the classes, but it's still not as long as regular public school, and it's way more flexible. The teachers are SUPER nice and helpful! I love them!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Ok where do I start? I am a student at K12. Sadly at first I thought I hit the jackpot with K12 because I thought I would be able to graduate early like they promised. “If you stay on track you will finish early" they said. They are full of **. When their system fails they blame it on the student like in my Spanish class I had turned in two weeks of homework but something happened with their system and somehow removed my work and my grade which was at a B and when I sent an email they said, "It’s you not us so do it again." I ended up dropping 2 of my classes because of that. K12 was such a stressful school trust me. Don’t put your kids here even if they have disability. My friends is disabled and he would agree with me. Don’t send your kids to K12.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I enrolled my son in this K12 private school side of it because we were told he didn’t qualify for the free side of it so since he needed to be in school because he was having so much trouble in public school I decided to go ahead and do that route because I want it was best for my son so I decided to pay the tuition! So he got his books he got emails but when it came down to teacher involvement not once did he get any emails or help when he was falling behind I mean and I was told this part of K12 you get all the teachers' involvement. Not once did he get any involvement!

Then in October I found out that I’m going to have major surgery and be out of work for a while. I called them to let them know, "I can’t afford the tuition price which was kinda high anyway. What can I do keep my son in school and can I get a different rate since I won’t be working for awhile." All I got was silent crickets. I also let them know I’m a single parent of three kids but the time of enrollment they were so pushy and I was so desperate to get my son at school I didn’t even question the $500 a month but when it came time to tell them I need to figure out how to get it down they wouldn’t call me back.

They would email me back. They just basically ignored me so I started getting past due ugly emails and emails saying, "We tried run your card but didn’t go through." Umm really??? And then they decided to unenroll my son without even telling us in November. Until this day here we are January 2018 I can’t get anyone to call me back. No one email. I’ve been told, "Someone will call you back" or "I’m sorry to hear about that" or we even got told that they made a mistake that he should’ve got the free schooling not the private, but yet all I get was sorry. Sorry but I can’t get a phone call so my son has not done school in over a month and they’re supposed to be this online school that cares about school children’s education. I think it’s far fetch from that and all they’re wanting is money and if they can’t get your money then they just basically throw you out the door and ignore you! Has any other parents experience it as I have? I don’t know what else to do!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

My son, always did so well in K12, even up until last yr. Then... This year, he started out fine, then Mrs. ** & Heather **, 4th grade teachers, began, making their own decisions to remove my son's attendance, then pushed this issue, and without warning, or any notice, his teachers without proper authority, suddenly removed him from school, appalling.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Getting my daughter signed up was pretty easy. Once she started the online school she was having problem understanding the work. We couldn't reach her teachers or her homeroom teachers. She got behind in school online. She lost interest in the program. I withdrawed her...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I called to express interest and get information. What I got in return was daily calls for a while with human voicemails. Then multiple automated calls per day for WEEKS, well into the school year. I had chosen a different school, but the only way to let them know that to stop them from calling me all day long and every evening was to go through a lengthy phone quiz that only gave me the option to press that I was interested in enrolling. I gave up on the idea of ever talking to someone to tell them to stop calling me and prayed they'd ever realize if a person who had expressed interest hadn't called back well into the school year, I was NOT interested.

You'd think a school with any merit wouldn't spam you for expressing interest over the phone by asking for information twice. This company works very hard to get you to enroll but allows no avenue that I could find to tell them you're not interested without calling them. They need to provide an opt out, or provide a "contact us" page which does not force you to provide all of your information INCLUDING which grade you are in enrolling your child. They need a simple contact form for ONE WAY communication for those who wish to NOT enroll and to be LEFT ALONE BY K12! Something is very wrong with this company, and it pains me to say this. Children should not have this influence. Bad business practice!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I've been trying to cancel my monthly subscription since July. I was told it would automatically end in Aug. so I said ok. Well I'm STILL being charged!! I can't get a real person on any of the numbers provided and they all have the same 2 selections which don't apply to canceling at all. Even if you select one it just continues saying the same thing. I signed up for Algebra 2 help for my son and none of their material was what he was doing. You couldn't find answers to anything. I did a search for different stuff he was doing and nothing.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

This was the first year my child has been with K12. Not only is the enrollment process horrendous, but once my child started school it got WORSE! Site is horrible; slow, out of date, not user-friendly! Extra help (one on one), isn't true. My child's teacher scheduled 4 other students at the same time, never got his questions answered. USA Test prep glitched the whole time, pushed testing for an additional week. After my child spend 10 hours for three days trying to do it, the staff asked for my child to reduce those days because the system messed up on their end. About a quarter of my child daily work has shown up incorrect. You have to send "feedback" which takes time, they also don't respond, so you have to keep checking on that. If you ask the teachers for help they just send you through more loops. Oh, also they didn't even send the right materials and I wasn't even able to get through K12 to resolve this.

My child's teacher was no help of course and had to go above heads, and still thrown through more loops. It took two months to get the proper material. What everyone fails to realize, THIS IS ONLY GOING AGAINST THE CHILDREN, NOT THE EMPLOYEES WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DOING THEIR JOBS AND PROVIDING PROPER SERVICES. As of now, I'm in the process of withdrawing him! Worst mistake I have made for my child! These children deserve more. One very sad, disappointed parent!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

My son needs to be at home so I know what he's learning because the private day school he goes to can't seem to be truthful about whatever is going on there. I never see any school work come home or evidence of any kind of school work done. And the fact he seems to be a afraid of somebody that he don't want to be there in the first place which I can't blame him. You got to see it to understand what I'm talking about.

The are troublemaker the. And the fact my son is the only middle schooler in with the high schooler is not right at all and he has ADHD. The process for k12 take a lot out of me getting the papers in. Had to fax because taking a picture on a smartphone doesn't work. It's not that smart to download. Faxing cost $1.50 a sheet and that is a lot of papers. And the person from k12 always say it takes 3 weeks to get a fax. You get that right there when you send it out. Then after the papers were in. I had a message about getting a conference call to go over things but didn't get one. Got not approved to their program with no explaining why. Now trying to get me to purchase the private online schooling which cost me money. With no will intend to educate. Very upsetting to deal with. So I'm going with a different homeschooling a together.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

After 3 weeks of trying to enroll my son in school I finally gave up. In the beginning this was worse than being harassed by used car salesmen. Phone calls at 8am for days pushing to enroll. Once I started the process there was no support. The representatives are extremely rude and no one seems to know whats going on. Each time we submitted forms they would email and say they needed something else.

5 days after trying to reach his counselor I finally got a callback only to have to just hang up. The "placement counselor" couldnt explain anything, and her solution was to assign me to another coach with a new start date. They say they responded when they havent, no one is communicating with the other during the enrollment process. 3 weeks and 4 start dates later I'm withdrawing my enrollment and sending my son to a regular public school. Coming from a family of educators these people seem to know nothing about placing students, dealing with parents or just have any common sense. RUN. DONT WALK.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

This is our second year (not in a row) enrolling our son with K12 and WAVA. This time around the process has been very frustrating. We started the enrollment process on June 15, 2017 and as of today (Sept 16, 2017) my son is still not enrolled. We submitted all needed documents and online forms by June 16th. We were asked for additional documents July 6th (which we submitted that day). I was told we needed a District Release Form, however many, many times I explained that due to him being part time and shared enrolled we needed a District Agreement Form not Release. Even though our son's enrollment forms clearly state he will be part time and shared enrolled, for some reason it was not corrected until early Sept. So we missed the first deadline and now working on the 2nd deadline (Sept 18, 2017). K12 sent my son's documents to WAVA on Sept 13th.

We now have a hold up at WAVA due to my son's IEP, which K12 sent to WAVA back in June. WAVA is saying the special educational director needs to look over his IEP before moving forward. But the director was not given the IEP until Sept 14th, and she was out of the office on the 15th, so she will be looking it over the 18th (deadline date). Thing is, I have stated many times over his IEP has nothing to do with WAVA. That is why we are doing a shared enrollment. Our local school is taking care of his IEP as they indication on the Inter District Agreement Form that they sent over, so this should have been a quick and easy step. Literally it has been 3 months and my son is still not enrolled!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I applied for my daughter to be enrolled into Kindergarten through K12 in NC. We went through the lottery process and got accepted. As soon as we were accepted I received an email letting me know. I made an account so I could upload documents. They would need such as shot records. Everything was accepted within 24 hours of submission. They had a live chat option for support, which I loved.

Weeks before school started we received all the books and supplies she would need for the year. Text books, math cubes and shapes, letter tiles, white boards, markers, reading books, printer, laptop, headset literally everything. The laptop did need WiFi adapters downloaded, I just used the ether net cord to do that. Simple.

We are now on day 3 of school. We had orientations and informational sessions we attended online. All her lessons are easily accessed and keep her interested. As a Kindergartner most of the work is offline. I can email her homeroom teacher with any questions and she replies promptly. Logging attendance is simple too. Just keep track of the times you do. I am pleased with K12 so far. I never find good information or reviews online, I scoured the internet before enrolling. So I wanted to leave one and try and help someone.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I signed my son into Texas Online Preparatory with K12 last year, and it has been a great opportunity for my son. The teachers schedule the class connects in advance so you have ample time to plan your days. If you have to miss class connect for any reason all sessions are recorded for a 24 hour period. Visual media from the class connect is usually similar to a power point slide as so all slides can be saved and printed for reference notes. Be prepared you must be a hands on parent to get the best experience from this program. A large portion of your child's success will depend on your guidance. You must make sure the work is completed, and their attendance is entered. Technical support is always available with a simple call, and teachers will always respond to your emails or voicemail's within 24 hours. Working ahead of schedule ensures that if you have questions about anything the teachers will have ample time to reply.

The teachers give lessons, and are available for tutoring as well as study groups. You are responsible for making sure your child completes the assignments, and meets progress expectations. Book work and offline lessons will be graded by the learning coach (usually a parent) and the grades will be entered by you as well. The teachers are always willing to help, but if you want someone else to do all the work educating your child this is not the program for you. The curriculum is set to meet state standards by the teachers, and assignments are scheduled to address the curriculum requirements. Class connects and online lessons teach your child how to do the work. If he or she does poorly on a topic a parent can review the child's work to isolate the misunderstood area then tutor the child on the material needing more attention. If you need assistance tutoring your child teachers and extra learning materials are always available to help.

Once the child has a better understanding the test, and assignments can be retaken for 100% credit without penalty. In this way a child receives grades based on their current understanding rather than their initial understanding. In a conventional school with 25 children on the same schedule it would not be possible to back up and retake a lesson every time one student had difficulty in a specific area. This program ensures that no material is skipped while the rest of the class moves on. For a motivated child this can be a game winner. My child was an A&B honor student before; however, his ambitions to do the best he can do motivate him to retake any assignment he makes below a 90 on. He now holds a 100 average in 9 out of 12 courses, and 90 to 98 average in his other courses. He is a very bright child, but it is the structure of this program that makes it possible for him to be this successful.

The work will not be done for you. Be prepared to spend 5-10 hours a week grading, and directing your child's priorities. (Even more if your child need extra tutoring) Remember it is worth it to see your child understand and accomplish more. The confidence and motivation this program has given my son is priceless!! Learning to prioritize his time, and follow the monthly syllabus assigned are skills need for success in college, and throughout the rest of any individuals life. This school goes beyond meeting state curriculum standards, and is truly preparing him to be a successful adult.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

After jumping through hoops to turn in all required documents and having them accepted, on the last day they decided not to accept a legal guardianship document for my granddaughter, signed and notarized by her father. Because they did this on the last day of admissions, there was no time to get what they wanted in. I was furious after all we had done to make sure documents were correct. My guardianship form was given to me by our lawyer and approved. They do not have their act together, many calls waiting on hold forever, too many different answers. Very upset!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

We are planning to travel to another country so I looked for an option for my kids. I read reviews about K12 and didn't look too good but I thought it shouldn't too difficult to register her. Well, I was wrong right there! Let me explain why this is not a place for kids to learn and go but it is a perfect place for bureaucrats to create more and more regulations to make you mad. Her immunization records were not accepted so I went to a clinic close to us to make sure it is up. The nurse and the doctor confirmed that she doesn't need another 2 more years. I asked to write a letter for me and they did. I uploaded that letter online. I assumed that is it. She will be registered. Well, I was wrong again. I got a call from K12 bureaucrat that they can't accept the doctor's letter they need it from the public school she attended last year. By the way that school didn't have any problem with her records either since she is still 9 years old.

My conclusion is that a bureaucrat needs a letter from another bureaucrat! I have been in many 3rd world countries but I have never seen that much bureaucracy in my life. It is time to leave this country and educate our kids somewhere else. It is not just education is bad everything else in this country is falling apart. Bureaucracy and the Socialism is in the process of killing America that we love!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

It can be challenging to decide on a school for your children. We chose CAVA (California Virtual Academy) which is a K12 school, and we stayed with the school from kindergarten-9th grade. We are undecided on high school because my son would like to be around other kids at least part of the week, and our first nine years there was Community Day for the kids to attend class once or twice a week, plus field trips. First of all, the K12 curriculum is excellent, and my son received an excellent education. It is a huge commitment for parents because it requires much time, so the parents play a large part in their child's success.

We were provided with all curriculum, a computer/printer (that lacked wireless, so we bought an extra laptop), a teacher, an individual learning plan with all assignment expectations laid out, local Community Day, and wonderful, caring, excellent teachers to assist at any need. If we had any complaints it would be no Community Day for high schoolers in our area, and the Online Middle School was rocky last year due to an overhaul of the site and procedures that left parent and even teachers a bit confused at time, but half way through the year we were all pretty much dialed in. The new changes did not provide "Learning Coach" manuals, but by 8th grade, the child works mostly independent (instruction was mostly online). The math book was only a minimal reference book that wasn't a huge help when trying to understand the algebra, so he would go to Kahn Academy or wait for his online class, email or Community Day classroom help.

Overall it is a challenging program with GREAT, rich rewards. I should also add that I have a delightful teen that has set high goals and learned to think for himself, and this is true for most of the other kids in the program. Look for a Community Day program in your area because it adds so much to the positive experience. (Many CD families and teachers become like extended family!) To be successful parents and kids must be disciplined, or it's not a good match. Everything was provided for free and even included paid return shipping. Students can keep materials until they no longer need them. Because it was a virtual academy my son has a perfect attendance record because we could always find work he could handle even on the worst sick days.

Recap: Excellent curriculum and support; healthy environment to raise a child into a well-mannered, pleasant young person; excellent, challenging education; FREE prep school; it develops discipline; the parent doesn't have to develop plans or buy curriculum (which saves time and money); provides opportunity for military families or anyone from any walk of life; more flexible than it sounds to work with a child's need.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I will start by saying our oldest daughter had a great experience with K12. Don't be fooled by the "free public school option" ads. 99% of the time high school for instance will cost about $8,000 a year. My oldest had Lyme disease and could not attend sophomore year of her Catholic school so we switched her to K12 for the rest. Good experience and she's about to graduate college. However, our youngest daughter considered K12 when my job transferred us away from her wonderful school, but she didn't feel she could thrive in an online environment; she changed her mind before the school year started and decided for stay with friends in our former state and remain at her Catholic school for graduation.

Although we had paid for the semester with K12 just days before and withdrew BEFORE the start of classes, K12 refused to refund the $2500 deposit-saying we missed the deadline by one day. They would not entertain an appeal. We literally threw $2500 away. $ come before the students' interest at this "academy".

Original review: July 24, 2017

I have a Bachelorette, Master's & 2 PhDs from Keio in Tokyo; my husband & I recently discovered our 11 year old daughter was much smarter than anybody in her class. We talked to her school & they suggested K12. I ended up leaving work to teach her & take care of our other kids. She isn't learning as fast with this school than she was on her own. I was told to homeschool her; I cannot get any help with emails and I try to tell them that these courses are not for her. The customer support is nonexistent & this is not a good thing for any International Parent. The US Education System is nothing like we are used to. The classes don't teach her much & this is not what I was told about.

K12 expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1999, K12 Inc. is a for-profit education corporation. As of 2017, it is the largest online school company, operating 58 separate virtual schools with nearly 77,000 students enrolled in the 2011-12 school year. K12 owns free online public schools, tuition-based online private schools, and online supplemental courses and is accredited by AdvancED, the largest homeschool accrediting agency. Interested caregivers can use the search feature on K12’s main page to find what offerings are available in their home states.

• Award winning: K12 has won numerous awards including several from Creative Child Magazine, a ComputED Gazette Eddie Award and the Mom's Choice Award for Online Resources for Children.

• Large selection of courses and levels: Students can choose from a large catalog of courses, spanning all levels including remedial, advanced placement, STEM, Honors and Dual Credit courses. Additionally, the school offers interactive activities and mobile apps for all grade levels.

• Student support: K12 offers many forms of support to help its students be successful, including enrollment counselors, state-certified teachers, a dedicated advisor, school counselors and tech support.

• Individualized learning plan: Each student’s counselor will outline their academic objectives, future goals, and take inventory of their strengths and weaknesses in order to build a curriculum that leads to maximum success.

• Community activities: K12 is a large organization. Many regions of the country have meetups for community activities, parent organizations and field trips.

• Best for: homeschooling families, student performers, working adults and military families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs