toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Whitmore School

Dzana, Thank you for your kind words. Congratulation's on your recent Graduation! Great Job!

Steve

Original review: March 15, 2017

I am very glad I enrolled to Whitmore School. The teachers were very supportive and explained everything so clearly. I studied whenever I wanted and had more free time. The lessons were challenging but at the same time useful and interesting. I have absolutely no negative feedback to give. Everyone was eager to help and responded quickly to any questions or concerns I've had.

Whitmore School

Rod, I am so glad your daughter did so well with us. We find when you take away the drama and allow to student to study at their own pace, great things happen!

Steve Ray

Original review: March 12, 2017

My boss told us about Whitmore. He has a high schooler son who is on a national travel hockey team so regular school wasn't going to work. My daughter was unable to walk in to school because she had panic attacks and was unable to even participate in anything. So, enrolling her there was the only choice. We did not want to go the GED route and we wanted that diploma. I called and their rep sent me a form. We filled out the form and submitted it electronically.

We sent the transcripts from the high school and they did an assessment as to what was left to do. And then, a counselor called her and they figured out what classes she wanted to take. And they went from there. So far, she went from F's to A's. So, she felt great about the results. The only thing she had a problem with was the responses from the teachers. She had a lot of things already to deal with, but the teachers can only do so much of the time. And so, she has to wait a while unless she has to make some changes, and then submit it again.

At first, we were weary of online high schools because there's a lot of them there just to scam. And so, we wanted to make sure we had one that was recommended by somebody. When we saw what Whitmore was and saw that it was accredited, we decided that would be a good way to go. Their strategy there was a whole lot better wherein their students have a chance to fix their paper and send it in again if they didn't get it right the first time. It helps them to learn more. However, they're expensive but it was online and if you were in a situation we were in, you really don't have much of a choice. It's $1500 per year and within that year, they've got to get everything finished. Otherwise, they'll have to subscribe to another year.

Whitmore School

Thank you Devin, one of the benefits of attending Whitmore School is the student takes responsibility for their education. Well Done!

Original review: March 7, 2017

My family had to move from Illinois to New York after my junior year in high school due to my dad's employment. We then found the state law requirements for graduation to be quite different in my new state. After looking at alternative options to the public school system, my parents and I decided on Whitmore as the accredited school I needed to complete my senior year. I had never thought of online school as an option for me because I always enjoyed the socialization of school. Since I had just moved to a new state and did not have local friends, I found this to be a great option for me.

The teachers were all very helpful and I really feel I learned more in my senior year with Whitmore than I had learned in any of my other years in high school in the classrooms. I also liked working at my own pace, set myself goals, and got my senior year completed in less months than traditional school. I would recommend Whitmore online and its teachers to anyone looking for an alternative to public schools.

Whitmore School

Thank you for your kind words Gavin. Glad you finished with a A average with us!

Original review: March 7, 2017

I was able to finish my senior year in half the time that it took my friends in public school. I took 3 courses to finish out everything and I was very pleased! All of the teachers were very helpful and were always there when you needed assistance! I wouldn't definitely recommend this program for anyone!

Whitmore School

Thank you for your review Alex, we are pleased to hear about you positive experience.

Steve Ray

Original review: March 5, 2017

My son had told me that it's better being schooled from home. He enrolled in a two-hour online program and the enrollment process was pretty simple - he handled it on his own. Also, my middle son went there, too. I feel pretty good about the quality of their education and the cost is reasonable. He's already finished and he's preparing to get himself into college. My child was happy so, I was happy too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whitmore School?

Hello Carol!

I am so glad to hear that MG has continued to thrive and move forward in college! When we first talked, I knew that her had the potential to excel - she just needed the right venue. I love hearing about her success in college.

It means so much to me to learn that our Mastery Learning approach at Whitmore helped her regain her confidence and self-esteem.

Ellen

Original review: March 4, 2017

My daughter had anxiety and she was having a hard time finishing up her senior year. Whitmore School was what she needed and it came highly recommended. When I spoke to their principal, she was so amazing that I signed up my daughter immediately and it changed her a hundred percent. It gave her the confidence to go to college and not suffer with anxiety any longer. She took the rest of the classes that she needed to graduate. The principal gave her so much support, was really thorough and she happens to be one of the teachers too. So, she inspired her to break out of her box and write things that she normally wouldn't have done. She calls me personally and tell me what a good mom I was and it helped me understand what my daughter is going through.

My daughter already got accepted in the college before her senior year got into play. She dropped out of her senior year two weeks into the semester and she only had six weeks to graduation. Whitmore helped her punch, punch, punch. She got her final degree three days before she moved in her dorm. Her principal was calling me every day telling me where she's at. She knew that everybody was patiently waiting and without the anxiety she had the ability to push it through the whole summer and take her time.

The principal is in South Carolina and my daughter is in college in that same town. And since my daughter never had a graduation, she said that she and her husband will come to Charleston and have our whole family here put on a graduation and a party for my daughter. But I didn't let her do that because my daughter already had been in college when we talked about that. I couldn't believe that she’d come a 100 miles away to have family and friends do a real graduation with a cap and gown for my daughter from her private online school. In fact, she even gave a $500 scholarship for us because we financially couldn't afford a lot of it. She's wonderful and we love her.

Whitmore prepared her so well and gave her confidence, and the teachers wrote her with constantly good feedback and positive reinforcement. So, she didn't need to use her disability services until the second semester of her year in college. Overall, it was wonderful experience. Whitmore definitely has a loving environment. And, none of us have met the principal face to face but I feel like we're going to be friends forever. She even wrote me to ask how Megan is doing in college. I recommend that school to everybody even if I serve as the head of the board of my daughter's former high school.

Whitmore School

Thank you for your great review Robert. I am glad to hear you liked your rapport with all your teachers. We are all very pleased with your good work with us, even in Math!

Steve Ray

Original review: March 3, 2017

Online schooling seemed like a much better alternative than getting up every day, going to school with people I didn't like, and dealing with teachers I didn't like. Compared to other schools I looked at, Whitmore seemed like the best school in general. I came across it when I was on the internet. Enrolling there was fairly easy. The personnel was very friendly and helped me to find anything needed. I could just ask them if I didn't understand a question and I usually got a response back within a few hours.

I took three English classes, two Math classes, and a history class. The only difficult ones were the Math classes and that's 'cause I'm not good at Math at all. But it wasn't that difficult once the teacher explained everything in a much easier way. The English and History classed were fairly easy. There was just a lot of essay writing. The teachers were all very good too. There was no question that I asked that made me feel stupid. If you asked a question in a regular school, you might be ridiculed by your classmates. But in Whitmore, there it's a one-on-one interaction and you don't feel that anxiety. Overall, Whitmore School is the perfect school.

Dear Joey,

Thank you for your great review of Whitmore School. It will help parents looking for the right online high school for their child.

Looks like your son is very close to graduating, tell him to keep up the excellent work!

Steve Ray

Original review: March 2, 2017

We went with online schooling for our son because it fits our schedule better. His mother and I both work odd schedules, so it suited the schedule where we could help him with his work. We went with Whitmore since I like their curriculum. They were also accepted by our state easily enough. So, they were on the approved list already.

The enrollment process was easy. The first year, we had to get our school records, but it's very self-explanatory. The school personnel has always been very friendly. Anytime I had a question or when we need a paperwork from them to show our state that our son was currently enrolled and to get a driver's license and all that, they are quick to respond and get back to us.

Our son has had Math and English every year. He's taken Reading, Spanish, Career Planning, and other courses. He's been there for three years, so he's taken quite a few of them. Education at Whitmore costs us a little. It's more expensive than what we would be paying for a public school, but it's really worth it because the curriculum is more in depth and I feel like he's learning things and I'm able to monitor all that. Overall, it's a really good education that fits our schedule.

Resolution In Progress

Katerena,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We can't get better without it.

Great job with your A average with us!!

Steve Ray

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I wasn't happy with public schools so I decided to enroll my children to Whitmore School. Their rep who works in the office down in Morgantown, when it was Cassville High, was a client of mine. So, I got with her and she broke down what they cover, what they do and the expense. She met me in Morgantown and I gave her the money. She, at some point, took care of everything for me. Both of my kids went there to get them started out, and their rep was helping them get to their graduation process.

Their process was good because they didn't let either of them go on to the next phase unless they had completely mastered what they were working on. The biggest issue that we had was when it came to Algebra. My daughter excelled but my son extremely struggled on it, and there was a very little help. But that's just with that one specific teacher that held that class. It took time for her to get back and answer questions. Had that been a different teacher in another subject, everything was fine.

Their cost here in the Apalachee area in West Virginia is high. And because I'm a realtor, I know the dynamics of the way of living here in the area. But on the other end of the spectrum, they get a diploma and they're fully accredited which is a big thing. So, the cost is not massively over. We get what we pay for. In fact, I have recommended them several times to several people and clients.

Dear Isaac,

Thank you for your nice comments about Whitmore School.

We are so pleased to hear your son is thriving with his courses. Our daughter attended Whitmore School a few years ago and had a similar experience. Once she understood the learning system she excelled and graduated early as well.

Tell your son to keep up his good work!

Steve Ray

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

My son has some special needs as a student and he was constantly struggling on the schools he was in due to behavioral issues. He has caught up to his grade and will actually graduate in advance when he would have if he had not been held a year back, and so enrolling in an online school made it a good option that he would have the flexibility to do his work one course at a time at different times of the day and that he would be working for outcomes and mastery of a unit. I searched for a school that would help that type of profile. I looked at the ones online, and Whitmore which was originally known as CompuHigh was rated well in the reviews I read. I looked at the website and the sample courses and I had good interaction going in with the counseling staff. It seemed reasonable in terms of fees and that’s how I made my decision to go with Whitmore.

I called them when we enrolled, got basic information and did the preliminary reviews of everything. I submitted the materials, called again, had some good conversations with the advising. And then from that point on, I've pretty much communicated through the website and through the guidance from them. They’ve been prompt in their response, so it was very smooth. There have been two lanes, the instructors and the classes that my son has taken and then also the guidance lane. When I've had a question, I received a prompt and specific response in terms of the courses. The feedbacks to my son and assignments have been very specific and useful. The instructors are very encouraging, seemed very interested in the subject, and engaged. The follow-through has been exceptionally good too. Then there hasn’t been a lot of probing from Whitmore, which I appreciate. It's been one of the best experiences I've had with a school.

Also, the cost has been great and very reasonable. The content of the courses is solid and it's appropriate for the age level. In some ways, the number of writing assignments in all the courses is very rigorous. I've carefully reviewed those assignments and my son had to work to get things right. I feel that he has a good solid high school experience. It's been a decent curriculum and we hope to have him finish in April. Everybody in his age category who went in kindergarten at that age would be finished in June and this was a child that was always behind. So it's been a real blessing for us and great for him. We have had a wonderful experience with the school. I wish them nothing but well going forward. They are far beyond even my most positive expectations.

Dear Lori,
Thank you for your kind review of Whitmore School. I will share your comments with Melissa; we all love getting feedback.
I am also very pleased your daughter is excelling with our Mastery Based learning approach. We all learn at a different pace, but the important thing is that we all learn.

Steve Ray

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I didn't want my daughter to be influenced by other kids so I enrolled her in online schooling. It's been about three years that she's been with Whitmore School. I looked at a few other online schools, and for some reason, Whitmore seemed more suited to us. The enrollment process was easy and their personnel was very nice. Usually, when I call, it's the same lady that answers so I don't feel like it's a big corporation where you call and it's always someone different. Her name is Melissa and she's personable. So, I like that and you feel like they're really there for you.

As far as correspondence goes, the teachers can respond a little bit slow. When I want to ask the teacher a question or my daughter might want to, it might take the teachers a couple of days. But my daughter has taken courses such as PE, government history, literature, English, pre-algebra, and biology. Her GPA is about 4.05. She wasn't a bad student by any means but I don't feel like if she would've been in public school, that her grade point average would be so high because she has time to learn what she needs to learn without feeling pressured or she have to get it done in this amount of time. If you're in a classroom and the teachers are trying to explain something, you may not be as willing to say that you don't understand that stuff, whereas she can do that here.

The quality and the price of Whitmore education is good. If it was a private school that she attended, she probably wouldn't get as much attention and it would be a lot more expensive. I also like the way that they structured it and the way it's laid out. If you get something wrong, they make sure that she understands completely, why she got it wrong, before she can even move on to the next lesson. So in a regular school, if you get something incorrect, you just get it incorrect and then you mark it incorrect on your homework and move on. And you didn't learn that particular thing. The overall experience has been easy and stress-free.

Whitmore School Company Profile