4.73/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Whitmore School

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whitmore School is an online high school meant to help advance our students no matter where they are in life. Whitmore School knows that not all students were meant to be sitting in a classroom, and that is why we exist. We offer several courses with full diplomas that are accepted by colleges, universities, employers, and even US Military. At Whitmore School, we understand that not all students work the same way, that is why our teachers are trained to work with the student’s schedule, as well as working one-on-one with the student until the course is done. If you think Whitmore School is for you, then call us today and learn more about our program!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 28, 2017

40 Whitmore School Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

My son Ryan was having trouble in high school so he decided to try online schooling. He had a couple of friends do it and they seemed to do well with it. We read all about the online schooling options and chose Whitmore School. We filled and sent out forms for enrollment and then transcripts too. In the beginning, we had no idea how to do any of the stuff, so the lady at the Whitmore office taught us how to work the program. They explained it very well so it wasn’t hard to figure out. And now Ryan’s doing good. He's taken two English courses, a work ethics and one on coping with stress. The program is easy enough for the kids to follow. It could be challenging when the kids get stuff sent back to them but the staff help them and explain why they got the answer wrong, it's a good program. And it’s cost-effective. Whitmore School is really good.

Whitmore School response
Becky, thank you for your kind review. Ryan is doing great, solid progress and fantastic grades. Please tell him to keep working hard!

Steve Ray

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

My daughter had a disease and she missed courses in high school. She cannot catch up so she has to be transferred, and I chose to enroll her in online schooling. I went with Whitemore since I found that it's the biggest online school when I did a research. I compared several online high schools and asked some of my friends and found that Whitmore is good. There are still some courses she needed to take and she will complete that.

Whitmore School response
    Thank you for your review. Your daughter is making good progress!

Steve Ray

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

We've been homeschooling since my son was in first grade. We pulled him out of first grade because he's dyslexic and dysgraphic and his teachers couldn't help him. Also, my youngest daughter has mastered the preschool program. She had been twiddling her thumbs and had done enough work that she was doing in kindergarten work, and we decided she needed to get challenged. We ended up homeschooling and we've been so ever since. We were in Corpus Christi and when we moved to Houston, we changed how we had done schooling. We had originally been doing it on our own but we had so many changes. My husband changed his job and traveled a lot more so we decided it was best if our children went online.

We wanted to make sure our son was in an online accredited program so we chose Whitmore School. It was a quick enrollment. I called them and had a number of questions that I asked them regarding the home training. They were able to answer everything for us and we provided them with the requirements they needed. Unfortunately, my daughter, who just started high school this year couldn't go to Whitmore because she has to have a NCAA-certified program and Whitmore lost its certification this year so we couldn't enroll her.

It was important for us, who have a dyslexic son, that his teachers could make sure that he was actually mastering the program not just going through the system. As parents, we get the notices from the counselors on a weekly basis. It's usually telling us whether my son is on track or if he needs to fix something. He's done most of the communication with the teachers. They made it very clear that this program is for him and he needed to do the work so we sat back and watched them do that with him. We usually email them and they get back to us anytime we have a question. It's mainly been on email but we've had a few phone conversations because of the situation like with our daughter. My son has done Community Service, Algebra I, World History, Science, and P.E. He's a swimmer, too. The education in Whitmore has been pretty good. I wish they had more electives.

Whitmore School response

Ester, thank you for your review. We do appreciate the feed back as well. I am so sorry about the NCAA situation, we worked very hard to keep that program, but it came down to the NCAA not understanding our school.

Your son is doing very well, please tell him to keep up the quality work.

Steve Ray

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I chose online schooling for my daughter to keep her out of mainstream public school. The enrollment process at Whitmore is fairly simple and absolutely easy. You just apply online and pay the tuition. She took all the normal high school classes, English, Math and History. I really like Whitmore School because they're very personal and attentive to her. The personnel was always there to help and everyone’s very nice as well. It’s been a wonderful experience and she’s learning very much. I’m grateful to them and I would recommend Whitmore to anyone who’s looking for an online high school.

Dear Sonji,
    Thank you for your kind review. Please tell your daughter to keep up the fantastic work!

Steve Ray

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

My kids had some problems in regular school and since we move a lot, it was easier to keep them in one school like an online school. My older child has now finished and in the university already, but when we were looking for a school for him, there weren't many options like now. Whitmore School was one of the few options and we liked it more than several others. We just wanted him to complete general education requirements and get ready to enroll in college. The enrollment was easy, we didn’t have to go around collecting documents and I felt really positive about the cost, considering the quality of education they provide. Overall, It’s a good school and I like it. Both the parents and the kids like the experience.

Whitmore School response
    Thank you Nadiya, your son is doing great work with us!!

Steve Ray

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whitmore School?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

My son needed a more flexible option so he requested to enroll in online schooling. He had one year left in his senior year of high school and he completed that at Whitmore. They had accreditation, good reviews and their price was reasonable. During the enrollment process, I got his transcript from Lassiter, sent it to Whitmore and filled out the application for enrollment. The personnel I dealt with was personable, friendly, courteous and responsive. Cost and quality-wise, it was good. They worked with me and I like that they they gave him a two-week extension on his English course. It was a positive experience.

Barbara,
    Thank you for your review. We very pleased with you son's success with us (straight A's). Please tell him congratulations with his Graduation from Whitmore School!

Steve Ray

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

My son gets easily distracted, he needs to work at his own pace and I felt like he’s bored. He wanted to move faster than what the traditional classroom setting could offer. Our daughter used Whitmore when it was CompuHigh a while back and we were pleased with the results. We also had a good friend who told us that they highly recommended it. So, we decided to enroll our son too.

Their personnel has always been responsive and they helped us out anytime we had a question like when they did not transfer or give him all the credits that he was supposed to have gotten from where he came from. So, we explained that to Whitmore and they actually contacted Katy High School and got that taken care of for us. We sat down and discussed as a family and enrolled Connor together. Their guy actually did most of the work himself and we found their enrollment process to be very easy and understandable. We think the quality of education from Whitmore is great and the cost is good too. The only thing that I think we would change is the fact that my son has to be finished by the end of September otherwise, we have to pay every month after because a new school year starts. We would rather have it paid monthly but we also can stop at any time when he graduates. So, that was the only downfall that we had. Overall, they’ve been great.

Dear Lisa,
    Thank you so much for writing this great review. Looks like your son is doing very well. We hope he has a great year with us.

Steve Ray

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

My son wanted to get into online school. After research and reading reviews, we thought Whitmore was a good school. Also, one of my friends who has three of her children there had a good review about Whitmore. We called them for the enrollment process and they have a guidance counselor who we worked with. When we had a question or we can't decide which subject or course my son needed, we contacted him and he helped us. We did another online school before Whitmore, but Whitmore is very quick to respond and all the teachers are friendly. The learning experience that my son had at Whitmore is good because they provided a good course. He started 10th grade and finished the two years there.

Whitmore School response
    Thank you for the great review. Glad to hear we respond quickly to your questions, I will pass this along to our staff.

Steve Ray

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I enrolled my son in online schooling because of flexibility and we chose Whitmore School for the same reason. My son has already taken a few classes and he enjoys them all. He thinks they're challenging but doable and the teachers provide very good and prompt feedback. My interaction with their personnel has been positive, both on the phone and online. The cost and the quality are also fantastic. I highly recommend the school.

Thank you Annabel!

Steve Ray

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

We enrolled our grandson in an online school because of health issues and they weren’t being addressed in the public school system. We were with Liberty before and we switched because the curriculum is better suited to my grandson at Whitmore. The enrollment process was very simple and took about 20 minutes. He’s been in Whitmore for a couple of months. My grandson is 17 and he’s a senior. He's currently enrolled in English, Government and Computer Programming. So far, the overall learning experience for him is very good. The school's cost and quality of education are very reasonable. My grandson is learning and enjoying the process. He likes the interaction he is getting between his work and his professors. Overall, Whitmore is easy to deal with and they're helpful to the students.

Dear Pat,
    Thank you for your review. We are very pleased with your grandson's progress. Please tell him to keep up the good work!

Steve Ray

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I home schooled and my son was getting to high school age and wanted to be able to have something a little more than what I could give. I did a lot of research and I know a lot of people who have done different things. I ultimately decided Whitmore was the best one for us and it was very easy to enroll. We got online and there's an assigned counselor who recommended some classes that we start with and we went from there. My son has taken math, English, stress management, and P.E. and he likes the learning experience a lot. The amount of work is good and manageable, but they're pushing him as well. There's a good balance.

Compared to a lot of online schools, the cost is great and really affordable. They let you do payments, and that's been nice. I've had kids go through public school and the quality of education Whitmore offers has been good. One of the main reasons we chose them too is because of their method. When the students submit an assignment and they don't do well on it or when they miss stuff, they can go back, figure it out and redo the assignment until they get a better grade and it's been good for him to be able to do that. All in all, Whitmore has been fabulous and it takes the stress out of the equation.

Kresta,
    Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you mentioned our teaching method of Mastery Learning. It does make a big difference when a student can take their time and revise the lesson until they fully understand it. Once they start to achieve excellence their confidence goes up and their self esteem as well.
    Please tell your son to keep up the excellent work!

Steve Ray

Original review: July 26, 2017

My son's an elite hockey player and was missing too much school with traveling sports. I Googled up and Whitmore was in the top 10 of good online schools and was accepted by most colleges. The enrollment process was pretty simple. Kathleen, the counselor, got my son's courses set up based on what he had completed at our local high school and carried the same courses on so it went pretty clean. My son thinks it’s a good education and he's learning everything he should be. He has all the same classes that he had at his old school. He knows a lot of the lessons that the school had planned. And that’s one of the reasons why we picked Whitmore over other schools. It’s a cheaper option but still well-rated.

We might be having a change come up very soon though. My son's going to be moving to Detroit and living with another family. In Detroit, they have a thing called TPH hockey school and they have their own online school. There’s a lot of elite hockey players there and a lot of the kids on the team that goes to this school. I’m going to be talking to the director if it’s possible we stay with Whitmore but go to a school if they allow that because theirs is an online school too. My son may be going to Sioux Falls or to Erie, Pennsylvania or Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and then he wouldn’t be at TPH anymore. So it might make sense to try to go to their school just to have a place to go to with other kids learning online but stay with Whitmore. We’ll think much about that in very near future.

There were times where my son’s at a division and it would be nice if they could have some quicker, more direct communication with teachers. My son goes to Stevenson High School and their AP classes almost expect him to do all the learning. He goes to school for eight hours and comes home with four to five hours of homework and he didn’t get anything done in those eight hours especially with 40 to 60 hours of hockey a week and our drive time. I wanted to see someone work a 100-hour work week. Overall, Whitmore takes a little longer to do things but everything’s fine.

Whitmore School response
    Thank you for the review Chris.

Steve Ray

Original review: July 21, 2017

My son is a senior at Whitmore School. He will be graduating around September 1st because he decided to take an extra class, just because he thought he needed it to be prepared for adult life. This educational mindset is in stark contrast to what my son's experience was in traditional school. For whatever reason, he always struggled in that setting, even though he is intelligent. As his parent, I became frustrated because I couldn't seem to find a "good fit" educationally for my son, even though I am an employee of my local public school district. When searching for possible private online school options, I found Whitmore School. I'm glad I did.

I've had only positive experiences with the Whitmore staff. In particular, Melissa, the admissions counselor, is always a pleasure to speak with. From that very first call I made to gather information four years ago to just recently, she has never failed to get my questions answered in a professional and friendly manner. The teachers have given my son the 1:1 learning assistance he needed due to his writing related learning disability and challenged him in math and science (his strongest subjects).

As far as constructive criticism, I have only one -- the lack of an online student community. (After speaking with staff about this matter a couple years ago, I understood the difficulty to be moderating such a forum). I still can't believe Whitmore School is able to deliver fully accredited, NCAA accepted high school classes and diploma programs for a fraction of the cost of a brick and mortar private school. Thank you, Whitmore School, for providing my son with a five-star education.

Cindi,
    Thank you for such a kind review. We all try very hard to serve our parents and students and Melissa is a great example of that. I also want to thank you for all of your support and thoughts on how we can continue to improve. One of our primary goals is continual improvement. The best source for ideas is our parents, so thank you for your insight.

Steve Ray

Original review: July 5, 2017

My daughter's high school counselor helped us do the enrollment process online and it wasn't hard. She's in a full-time school but needed an extra credit to graduate early. The lady that we worked with in Whitmore was very helpful. It was a good deal and worked out really well. My daughter took Probability and Statistics and she made an A in that course. She said the teachers were fine and didn't have any issues with them.

But the classes needed to move a little faster because my daughter had a graduation date to meet. I had an interaction with the administrator about that. We just had an instructor that will take a little longer than normal to get back with us on certain assignments. The issue was that we had been going over and over the same material and we needed to move on. The grade was an eight out of ten and my daughter was willing to take that. The administrator was business-like in dealing with that issue and they rectified that for us.

Overall it was a very good experience but I wouldn't put my kids at Whitmore full-time because my daughter couldn't do it by herself and I had to have tutors. Not unless the parents can stay home and just deal with that all the time with their child. If you're a homeschool mom, it's cool. But if not, your kids would need a lot of help. Nevertheless, Whitmore has a good program and it served our purpose for a one-time cause.

Thank you Molly!

Steve Ray

Original review: July 3, 2017

My son enrolled in online schooling because he was trying to graduate early from high school, which he did. He had a list of online schools that were accepted and brought by his school. Whitmore is definitely accredited and when my son saw it, he was interested in it and we got it approved through his high school. With the other schools that we had looked at, you have to go through so many numbers and go through a lot to speak to a person. And you normally speak to the computer more than a person.

With Whitmore School, I called one number and got directly to a person. And anytime I had any questions or if I needed something, I call that number and they were right there. Every time I called, I always got a live person. And if the person that answered the phone didn’t have the answer for me, they got someone who has the answer. So I never left a conversation without having my question unanswered, which I really appreciated. And everybody that I spoke to on the phone was always extremely courteous. So it made the experience pleasurable and fantastic.

My son took Personal Finance class and then an English 12 class. He really liked it. And of he had to do the work until he mastered it, which was different for him at first. He was in the public school and if a student didn’t get something right, then what they did wrong would be marked and they'd be given a percentage. In Whitmore School, you do it until you master it all, then you get credit for it, which is good. It took some getting used to, but he really learned quite a bit while taking that program.

The cost was reasonable for what my son received. And then being able to speak to someone personable on the phone versus having to go through the computer makes it reasonable. The people that I communicated with on the phone left a very good impression on me. I called quite a bit because I had so many questions and they were so patient with us. They had so many students to deal with, but they made me feel like I was the only person they had to tend to. I really appreciate their service and help. If given the opportunity to take another course, we would use Whitmore School again. And I definitely commend them for doing wonderful things and I will continue to recommend them to my friends.

Renay,
    Thank you for such a nice review. We are all very pleased that your son was able to graduate early.

Steve Ray

Original review: June 20, 2017

I was always behind credits at high school, so I was given the opportunity to enroll in online schooling. Whitmore gave out a good program to our school and the price was fair. We heard good things about it. At first, it was hard for me to come up with the money so I had to work a lot. I told my counselor and we decided to put money away each time I needed to do a class. We enrolled using her office computer and I started from there. The staff and everybody else that work for Whitmore School are really wonderful. They’re all respectful, nice, amazing, and helpful. They’re doing a great job and always respond fast. I liked online schooling a lot and don't regret it. The career management program class they have has helped me with what I wanted to be in the future. The other class that I had, stress management, helped me a lot and made me learn about myself. I liked all the classes that I took and every assignment was helpful.

Tania,
    Thank you for such a nice review. We are all pleased to see how well you are doing!

Steve Ray

Original review: June 19, 2017

My son was short half a credit and so he made it up doing the online schooling. Whitmore School was one of the choices that the high school gave us. I called to enroll and gave some information. It was last summer that we had enrolled him. My son took one history class and everything seemed to be okay. The instructor gave him a chance to correct things and re-submit all the assignments that he did and he ended up getting a good grade. Everything was perfect and easy.

Tamara,
    Thank you for the five star review!

Steve Ray

Original review: June 5, 2017

My son has ADHD and his attention isn't long. The high school that he went to was the only school in this town and thousands of kids went there. There was also a lot of stuff going on. So when I was looking for a Math tutor, I called the local lady and she recommended Whitmore School because she told me she worked in a public school before and she didn't like the environment. So I tried it. I choose it because of the high school environment which was not a structured one.

During the enrollment process, I had to get my son's shot records, his I.D., and transcript and fax them in. It was easy and it took a day’s work. Whitmore then called back with the decision. The personnel were very helpful and were willing to assist. They communicated with me and also did so mostly with my son. There were a lot of activities going on that you could attend. It was fabulous and enjoyable. It helped my son get through high school 'cause he had some problems in high school with peer pressure.

With my son's condition, the regular high school did not attend to his condition as they should have. I would be at the school almost every single day. I got frustrated and it was coming to a lawsuit. The school did not address his IEP as they should have. He was also supposed to have a testing but they did not do that. They had a plan where they would have to go by if anything happened or depending on the incident, but that did not happen. They told me that they did not have enough people. In the end, it didn't work out for me, my son and the school.

My son is one who likes to be seen and favored. That's his personality. He takes his medication but then it wears off. So I felt like the home environment was the best for him and that was the best decision I ever could have made for him. With Whitmore, he had a counselor where he would go in every day if he had any problems and he had a one on one teacher online for his IEP services.

He took Math, Social Studies, Algebra 1 and Algebra 2. He also took Time Management, U.S. History, Probability and Statistics, 11th and 12th Grade English, Academic Support, Environmental Science, Anatomy, Guidance, and U.S. Government. He took law enforcement too and he liked it. His favorite was European history. He had some problems with his Math because of his condition, but for the other subjects, he got a lot of learning. It was in a set up where he could understand. He had the option of doing small portions and going back doing another portion. So the school is perfect for any kid that has ADHD.

The best thing I like is Whitmore has a time period but you're not rushed into doing your work. They want you to be finished with the class within three months and that's good. And then they let you extend it over through the summer if you have to. My son is behind and with that summer extension all the way through August, it allowed him to catch up so he could graduate because he came in sort of late anyway.

A lot of parents are not aware of all of the options for online school. An online school should be something that is a choice that high schools should mention during orientations. An option should be mandatory to let all the parents know a list of all the schools that are available or get them some type of website to let them know what's available as online and what online school offers. Overall, if anyone is looking for an online school, Whitmore would be the school of your choice.

Whitmore School response
    Thank you Sharon, glad to your son is having success.

Steve Ray

Original review: May 31, 2017

I have 2 sons who used Whitmore School for part of their high school experience. One graduated in 2015 and one in 2017. My oldest has a very mild expressive and receptive language disorder. This made high school very difficult for him because there were too many distractions and things moved too quickly. CompuHigh was perfect for him because he was able to do school in a quiet room and at his own pace. He also wasn't a very motivated student as he got older, so the General Studies program was perfect because it was simpler and faster. My goal was to get him graduated and now, 2 years later, he finished plumbing school and is making more money than all of his friends who graduated locally.

My next oldest has anxiety issues. Going to school gave him horrible headaches and made him hate life. He had friends, he just couldn't get past the way being at school made him feel. CompuHigh worked perfectly for him. He took the extra time he had during the day (because he wasn't wasting time at traditional school) to teach himself more than one coding language and to start a website design business. He starts college in the fall. If traditional school isn't working for your child, CompuHigh is worth a look.

Jenifer,
    We are so pleased to hear both your son's are doing so well. You are right, when a school can allow the students to learn at their own pace everyone wins. Thank you for your review!

Steve Ray

Original review: May 16, 2017

My son has been in public school since kindergarten, but his educational demands are no longer being met, so we opted to enroll him somewhere else for 9th grade. We narrowed the choices down to four schools. We focused on the ones that offered a demo program and the ones that had the best reviews from other parents. When we decided on Whitmore, it was because my 14-year-old son went through several demonstration classes and we got a real feel for what reality was going to be when school started. Plus, my son liked the user interface and they have a one teacher to one student ratio, so the student works directly with the teacher, which is a huge impact on learning.

We filled out the application, went through the process and got enrolled within a week and as soon as he started, my son was identified as needing to be in the college prep honors program. He’s taken honor English, algebra, and American Government honor. He’s also taking a science course, physical education, fitness and safety, and a community service course which teaches kids about giving back to their community. Next year, we’ll work on Spanish and all the others. It’s nice that he’s following a program. It wasn’t something that I had to come up with. Everything is through their user interface, including talking to his teachers, and that’s good because it forces him to really think about what he needs to ask instead of being impulsive.

My son had to put a lot of thought into everything he did because in order to get credit for his work, he has to write everything up and if there is something that he didn’t master or get, they’d send the assignment back and tell him, “Well, this isn’t quite right. You need to adjust this or you need to do this.” The child can ask the professor questions, but they really try to force the child to think through and problem-solve, which I really like. As a parent, I get a weekly report that states exactly what my child did during that period, where he’s standing in all his classes and what he needs to work on. The guidance counselor reaches out to me when there’s any concern and I’ve been in touch with the director of the school. They’re very approachable and they’re very quick to respond and go over any concern. The longest I had to wait to get a response is 24 hours.

At first, I was really hesitant about online schooling, but once we took the jump and my son started going through it, I would not go back for anything. It’s the way to go for students or individuals who have a learning style that needs more than what they get in a mass public system. We’ve paid about $1,600 for his entire year, and we’re very pleased with what we’re getting. There were challenges where it was much more advanced to what he got in public school. The public school basically teaches memorization, while in Whitmore, it is more putting the assignment in the child’s hand and saying, “You need to go do x, y and z.” and giving them a little bit of latitude to figure that out. It was harder but it’s good because it has prepared my son to be ready for a higher edge phase or for college. The level of learning is like he’s going to a junior college.

Dear Gael,
    Thank you for your thoughtful review. I agree with your assessment, our teachers try to teach the students how to research and think to find answers, not what to think. Your son is off to a great start, please tell him how pleased we are with his progress!

Steve Ray

Original review: May 15, 2017

My son plays Junior hockey so he moves away and is usually not in town. I searched for online schooling options and I like the way Whitmore's program was set up. They're also one of the few approved schools by NCAA. My son is a junior standing right now and he’s part of the NCAA program. So he takes those courses which are a bit more difficult because he's got to follow the NCAA rules. They’re core courses, and he’s had some electives, too. I really like Whitmore's program. My son came from a very well-known Catholic school and Whitmore's curriculum is up to par with that. They’re really there to help him get through his education. Any questions or concerns that I have or my kid has, they respond immediately. They always have available counselor which I'm in constant contact with all the time. They’ve been wonderful and the teachers there are great. It’s been a really good experience so far.

Christine,
    Thank you for writing such a nice review. We are all very pleased with your son's progress. Just wish I could see him play hockey!

Steve Ray

Original review: May 12, 2017

We've had a great experience with Whitmore. We were homeschooling for a while, so we did our research and looked around. We liked what we found at Whitmore and it was affordable. It has pretty good reviews too. We talked to them several times before we filled out any official paperwork as I had questions back and forth. I wanted to know how the classes were conducted. Their staff was wonderful. They were willing to answer any questions, not just for parents but also my daughters. We had a great time and a great interaction with the teachers. They were always available for questions. The students converse back and forth with the instructors via email, which the parents have access to at all times.

The learning experience was pretty good and it's a little different depending on the class. From what I've seen, a lesson is given, whether it would be by a lecture or a video, via text, pictures, all of that sort of things. And then after a lesson is taught, there's always an assignment depending on what the class is. It's been a great academic experience.

Dear Rachelle,
    Thank you for your kind review. We are all pleased with the effort Grace has made. It shows in her grades! Please tell her to keep up the great work, she is doing fantastic.

Steve Ray

Original review: May 11, 2017

I do not post reviews often so when I do they are either really good or really bad. I just wanted to say what a great experience that we have had with Whitmore School. They were extremely helpful and responsive and my son really enjoyed his teacher. He was amazing and super helpful. Everyone there is interested in your student's success and that is what it is all about. Thank you Whitmore School and thank you Stan.

Brian,
    Thank you for your nice review! We are very fortunate to have teachers that really care about their students. I will pass this on for Stan to see.

Steve Ray

Original review: May 8, 2017

My daughter's a gymnast and she goes to practice two days a week in the morning and then with the other girls at homeschool. One of the girls in our gym uses Whitmore and was talking about it. We looked into it and decided that that would be a good program for her because they have the NCAA program that will keep her eligible. We contacted them and talked a little bit on the phone and I asked what do I need to do to get her signed up. We paid for it and my daughter took over after that. She's in her General Ed classes and she has done her own studies, we don't have to really watch over her. She's very self-motivated and self-driven. She's not one of those kids that you have to worry about so we've just let her take it and run with it.

As a teacher myself, I've watched what shes been doing and I'm really pleased. I have just known within the last month and a half that I get weekly updates from her adviser. I didn't have that the first half of the year and I didn't have a lot of communication with them. Some of it was my fault because I just never had time to check on it. Recently, her counselor has been sending updates, which I enjoy receiving, that says how many courses she has, how many lessons she have left to complete the course and what her grade is in the lesson. She was doing fine in her classes and she got all As. Next year I'll be more proactive in making sure I have information on how shes doing.

My son is in public school high school, there's no way he could do what she's doing. I think as a high-level athlete, they spend 16 to 20 hours a week in the gym and they have to know how to balance their time and they have that discipline for their schoolwork. She likes that because she doesn't have to deal with high school dramas. I would recommend it to any of my friends looking to homeschool their kiddos and needing a program because Madison's been very pleased. It’s a fair price for what you’re getting. My daughter can email her teachers and get a feedback. I love that she's able to go back and correct lessons because I saw they learn when they go back and fix mistakes. I think it's great.

Whitmore School response
    Jennifer, thank you for such a nice review! We agree with you, when a student can go back and improve a lesson they have a deeper understanding of the material. Their retention also is better. Please tell Madison to keep up the great work she is doing.

Steve Ray

Original review: May 6, 2017

We came from outside the US and we couldn’t accommodate well at the public high school that our son was assigned to, so we preferred that he learned on his own through Whitmore School. He took Algebra 1, Business English, and Stress Management and it worked well. He has interactions with the instructors, while I had interactions with the administrators, and the one who answered the phone was very nice and acceptable. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Whitmore School response
    May, thank you for your kind review.

Steve Ray

Original review: April 25, 2017

My daughter had been in a private Christian school in 9th-11th grade and she only needed a few more classes. So instead of tying up her entire existence in senior year, we decided to go with Whitmore. A couple of friends had their children on it and they said it was a good program. Enrollment was fairly easy. I talked to some of the folks and the rep lined up what classes Katelyn needed to take. Throughout the year, as Katelyn would finish a class, they'd sign her up for the next one. I was paying about $6000 a year for a private school, so $1700 was a much-refreshed change. I was very satisfied and we're just waiting to get the diploma and stuff taken care of.

Michele,
    Thank you for your kind words in your review. We hope you and Katelyn can make it to our graduation ceremony in June!

Steve Ray

Original review: April 23, 2017

We enrolled our daughter to the Whitmore School for a while because of some mental health issues. I found it online, looked like it will work for what we needed and the cost was decent. It seemed good and the personnel were helpful. Currently, she is back to her real high school.

Whitmore School response
    Thank you Tim, glad to hear your daughter is doing well.

Steve Ray

Original review: April 22, 2017

My son, Kevin is with an academy that offered online schooling since they have so much time out there to practice and play some games. Whitmore School, accepted by the NCAA, was the only option that the academy offered. My child took several courses with some art and science classes. I enjoyed the school’s communication, which was excellent. Whenever there's anything happening with my son or updates on his classes, the school was very good at sending the information out straight to parents. They were very efficient to that. My experience with Whitmore School was pleasant.

Ken,
    Thank you for your review. Kevin has grown this year to be a student leader. He has dedicated himself to strive for excellence on the court and in the classroom. He is a great role model for his classmates.

Steve Ray

Original review: March 31, 2017

There's too much drama at the public high school and among other online school options, Whitmore seemed like they were a more challenging program and there was teacher support. The enrollment process wasn't complicated. The cost was a little high but they were great and very responsive. The only issue we ever had is that sometimes it took the teacher a little while to get back to my daughter on work and questions. She could only go so far and had to be graded before she could move to the next lesson. Also, at the end of my daughter's tenure with them, we had some complication because her father passed away and she was not able to make deadlines for graduation. Whitmore was amazing as far as giving her an extension to graduate past the technical contract date that was paid for. I would recommend them.

Whitmore School response
    Debbie, thank you for your review and we are all proud of your daughters accomplishments at Whitmore School. Excellent student!

Steve Ray

Original review: March 15, 2017

I am very glad I enrolled to Whitmore School. The teachers were very supportive and explained everything so clearly. I studied whenever I wanted and had more free time. The lessons were challenging but at the same time useful and interesting. I have absolutely no negative feedback to give. Everyone was eager to help and responded quickly to any questions or concerns I've had.

Whitmore School response

Dzana, Thank you for your kind words. Congratulation's on your recent Graduation! Great Job!

Steve