Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son wanted to get into online school. After research and reading reviews, we thought Whitmore was a good school. Also, one of my friends who has three of her children there had a good review about Whitmore. We called them for the enrollment process and they have a guidance counselor who we worked with. When we had a question or we can't decide which subject or course my son needed, we contacted him and he helped us. We did another online school before Whitmore, but Whitmore is very quick to respond and all the teachers are friendly. The learning experience that my son had at Whitmore is good because they provided a good course. He started 10th grade and finished the two years there.

Thank you Annabel!

Steve Ray

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I enrolled my son in online schooling because of flexibility and we chose Whitmore School for the same reason. My son has already taken a few classes and he enjoys them all. He thinks they're challenging but doable and the teachers provide very good and prompt feedback. My interaction with their personnel has been positive, both on the phone and online. The cost and the quality are also fantastic. I highly recommend the school.

Dear Pat,
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased with your grandson's progress. Please tell him to keep up the good work!

Steve Ray

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

We enrolled our grandson in an online school because of health issues and they weren’t being addressed in the public school system. We were with Liberty before and we switched because the curriculum is better suited to my grandson at Whitmore. The enrollment process was very simple and took about 20 minutes. He’s been in Whitmore for a couple of months. My grandson is 17 and he’s a senior. He's currently enrolled in English, Government and Computer Programming. So far, the overall learning experience for him is very good. The school's cost and quality of education are very reasonable. My grandson is learning and enjoying the process. He likes the interaction he is getting between his work and his professors. Overall, Whitmore is easy to deal with and they're helpful to the students.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I home schooled and my son was getting to high school age and wanted to be able to have something a little more than what I could give. I did a lot of research and I know a lot of people who have done different things. I ultimately decided Whitmore was the best one for us and it was very easy to enroll. We got online and there's an assigned counselor who recommended some classes that we start with and we went from there. My son has taken math, English, stress management, and P.E. and he likes the learning experience a lot. The amount of work is good and manageable, but they're pushing him as well. There's a good balance.

Compared to a lot of online schools, the cost is great and really affordable. They let you do payments, and that's been nice. I've had kids go through public school and the quality of education Whitmore offers has been good. One of the main reasons we chose them too is because of their method. When the students submit an assignment and they don't do well on it or when they miss stuff, they can go back, figure it out and redo the assignment until they get a better grade and it's been good for him to be able to do that. All in all, Whitmore has been fabulous and it takes the stress out of the equation.

Whitmore School

Thank you for the review Chris.

Steve Ray

Original review: July 26, 2017

My son's an elite hockey player and was missing too much school with traveling sports. I Googled up and Whitmore was in the top 10 of good online schools and was accepted by most colleges. The enrollment process was pretty simple. Kathleen, the counselor, got my son's courses set up based on what he had completed at our local high school and carried the same courses on so it went pretty clean. My son thinks it’s a good education and he's learning everything he should be. He has all the same classes that he had at his old school. He knows a lot of the lessons that the school had planned. And that’s one of the reasons why we picked Whitmore over other schools. It’s a cheaper option but still well-rated.

We might be having a change come up very soon though. My son's going to be moving to Detroit and living with another family. In Detroit, they have a thing called TPH hockey school and they have their own online school. There’s a lot of elite hockey players there and a lot of the kids on the team that goes to this school. I’m going to be talking to the director if it’s possible we stay with Whitmore but go to a school if they allow that because theirs is an online school too. My son may be going to Sioux Falls or to Erie, Pennsylvania or Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and then he wouldn’t be at TPH anymore. So it might make sense to try to go to their school just to have a place to go to with other kids learning online but stay with Whitmore. We’ll think much about that in very near future.

There were times where my son’s at a division and it would be nice if they could have some quicker, more direct communication with teachers. My son goes to Stevenson High School and their AP classes almost expect him to do all the learning. He goes to school for eight hours and comes home with four to five hours of homework and he didn’t get anything done in those eight hours especially with 40 to 60 hours of hockey a week and our drive time. I wanted to see someone work a 100-hour work week. Overall, Whitmore takes a little longer to do things but everything’s fine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whitmore School?

Cindi,
Thank you for such a kind review. We all try very hard to serve our parents and students and Melissa is a great example of that. I also want to thank you for all of your support and thoughts on how we can continue to improve. One of our primary goals is continual improvement. The best source for ideas is our parents, so thank you for your insight.

Steve Ray

Original review: July 21, 2017

My son is a senior at Whitmore School. He will be graduating around September 1st because he decided to take an extra class, just because he thought he needed it to be prepared for adult life. This educational mindset is in stark contrast to what my son's experience was in traditional school. For whatever reason, he always struggled in that setting, even though he is intelligent. As his parent, I became frustrated because I couldn't seem to find a "good fit" educationally for my son, even though I am an employee of my local public school district. When searching for possible private online school options, I found Whitmore School. I'm glad I did.

I've had only positive experiences with the Whitmore staff. In particular, Melissa, the admissions counselor, is always a pleasure to speak with. From that very first call I made to gather information four years ago to just recently, she has never failed to get my questions answered in a professional and friendly manner. The teachers have given my son the 1:1 learning assistance he needed due to his writing related learning disability and challenged him in math and science (his strongest subjects).

As far as constructive criticism, I have only one -- the lack of an online student community. (After speaking with staff about this matter a couple years ago, I understood the difficulty to be moderating such a forum). I still can't believe Whitmore School is able to deliver fully accredited, NCAA accepted high school classes and diploma programs for a fraction of the cost of a brick and mortar private school. Thank you, Whitmore School, for providing my son with a five-star education.

Thank you Molly!

Steve Ray

Original review: July 5, 2017

My daughter's high school counselor helped us do the enrollment process online and it wasn't hard. She's in a full-time school but needed an extra credit to graduate early. The lady that we worked with in Whitmore was very helpful. It was a good deal and worked out really well. My daughter took Probability and Statistics and she made an A in that course. She said the teachers were fine and didn't have any issues with them.

But the classes needed to move a little faster because my daughter had a graduation date to meet. I had an interaction with the administrator about that. We just had an instructor that will take a little longer than normal to get back with us on certain assignments. The issue was that we had been going over and over the same material and we needed to move on. The grade was an eight out of ten and my daughter was willing to take that. The administrator was business-like in dealing with that issue and they rectified that for us.

Overall it was a very good experience but I wouldn't put my kids at Whitmore full-time because my daughter couldn't do it by herself and I had to have tutors. Not unless the parents can stay home and just deal with that all the time with their child. If you're a homeschool mom, it's cool. But if not, your kids would need a lot of help. Nevertheless, Whitmore has a good program and it served our purpose for a one-time cause.

Renay,
Thank you for such a nice review. We are all very pleased that your son was able to graduate early.

Steve Ray

Original review: July 3, 2017

My son enrolled in online schooling because he was trying to graduate early from high school, which he did. He had a list of online schools that were accepted and brought by his school. Whitmore is definitely accredited and when my son saw it, he was interested in it and we got it approved through his high school. With the other schools that we had looked at, you have to go through so many numbers and go through a lot to speak to a person. And you normally speak to the computer more than a person.

With Whitmore School, I called one number and got directly to a person. And anytime I had any questions or if I needed something, I call that number and they were right there. Every time I called, I always got a live person. And if the person that answered the phone didn’t have the answer for me, they got someone who has the answer. So I never left a conversation without having my question unanswered, which I really appreciated. And everybody that I spoke to on the phone was always extremely courteous. So it made the experience pleasurable and fantastic.

My son took Personal Finance class and then an English 12 class. He really liked it. And of he had to do the work until he mastered it, which was different for him at first. He was in the public school and if a student didn’t get something right, then what they did wrong would be marked and they'd be given a percentage. In Whitmore School, you do it until you master it all, then you get credit for it, which is good. It took some getting used to, but he really learned quite a bit while taking that program.

The cost was reasonable for what my son received. And then being able to speak to someone personable on the phone versus having to go through the computer makes it reasonable. The people that I communicated with on the phone left a very good impression on me. I called quite a bit because I had so many questions and they were so patient with us. They had so many students to deal with, but they made me feel like I was the only person they had to tend to. I really appreciate their service and help. If given the opportunity to take another course, we would use Whitmore School again. And I definitely commend them for doing wonderful things and I will continue to recommend them to my friends.

Tania,
Thank you for such a nice review. We are all pleased to see how well you are doing!

Steve Ray

Original review: June 20, 2017

I was always behind credits at high school, so I was given the opportunity to enroll in online schooling. Whitmore gave out a good program to our school and the price was fair. We heard good things about it. At first, it was hard for me to come up with the money so I had to work a lot. I told my counselor and we decided to put money away each time I needed to do a class. We enrolled using her office computer and I started from there. The staff and everybody else that work for Whitmore School are really wonderful. They’re all respectful, nice, amazing, and helpful. They’re doing a great job and always respond fast. I liked online schooling a lot and don't regret it. The career management program class they have has helped me with what I wanted to be in the future. The other class that I had, stress management, helped me a lot and made me learn about myself. I liked all the classes that I took and every assignment was helpful.

Tamara,
Thank you for the five star review!

Steve Ray

Original review: June 19, 2017

My son was short half a credit and so he made it up doing the online schooling. Whitmore School was one of the choices that the high school gave us. I called to enroll and gave some information. It was last summer that we had enrolled him. My son took one history class and everything seemed to be okay. The instructor gave him a chance to correct things and re-submit all the assignments that he did and he ended up getting a good grade. Everything was perfect and easy.

Whitmore School

Thank you Sharon, glad to your son is having success.

Steve Ray

Original review: June 5, 2017

My son has ADHD and his attention isn't long. The high school that he went to was the only school in this town and thousands of kids went there. There was also a lot of stuff going on. So when I was looking for a Math tutor, I called the local lady and she recommended Whitmore School because she told me she worked in a public school before and she didn't like the environment. So I tried it. I choose it because of the high school environment which was not a structured one.

During the enrollment process, I had to get my son's shot records, his I.D., and transcript and fax them in. It was easy and it took a day’s work. Whitmore then called back with the decision. The personnel were very helpful and were willing to assist. They communicated with me and also did so mostly with my son. There were a lot of activities going on that you could attend. It was fabulous and enjoyable. It helped my son get through high school 'cause he had some problems in high school with peer pressure.

With my son's condition, the regular high school did not attend to his condition as they should have. I would be at the school almost every single day. I got frustrated and it was coming to a lawsuit. The school did not address his IEP as they should have. He was also supposed to have a testing but they did not do that. They had a plan where they would have to go by if anything happened or depending on the incident, but that did not happen. They told me that they did not have enough people. In the end, it didn't work out for me, my son and the school.

My son is one who likes to be seen and favored. That's his personality. He takes his medication but then it wears off. So I felt like the home environment was the best for him and that was the best decision I ever could have made for him. With Whitmore, he had a counselor where he would go in every day if he had any problems and he had a one on one teacher online for his IEP services.

He took Math, Social Studies, Algebra 1 and Algebra 2. He also took Time Management, U.S. History, Probability and Statistics, 11th and 12th Grade English, Academic Support, Environmental Science, Anatomy, Guidance, and U.S. Government. He took law enforcement too and he liked it. His favorite was European history. He had some problems with his Math because of his condition, but for the other subjects, he got a lot of learning. It was in a set up where he could understand. He had the option of doing small portions and going back doing another portion. So the school is perfect for any kid that has ADHD.

The best thing I like is Whitmore has a time period but you're not rushed into doing your work. They want you to be finished with the class within three months and that's good. And then they let you extend it over through the summer if you have to. My son is behind and with that summer extension all the way through August, it allowed him to catch up so he could graduate because he came in sort of late anyway.

A lot of parents are not aware of all of the options for online school. An online school should be something that is a choice that high schools should mention during orientations. An option should be mandatory to let all the parents know a list of all the schools that are available or get them some type of website to let them know what's available as online and what online school offers. Overall, if anyone is looking for an online school, Whitmore would be the school of your choice.

Jenifer,
We are so pleased to hear both your son's are doing so well. You are right, when a school can allow the students to learn at their own pace everyone wins. Thank you for your review!

Steve Ray

Original review: May 31, 2017

I have 2 sons who used Whitmore School for part of their high school experience. One graduated in 2015 and one in 2017. My oldest has a very mild expressive and receptive language disorder. This made high school very difficult for him because there were too many distractions and things moved too quickly. CompuHigh was perfect for him because he was able to do school in a quiet room and at his own pace. He also wasn't a very motivated student as he got older, so the General Studies program was perfect because it was simpler and faster. My goal was to get him graduated and now, 2 years later, he finished plumbing school and is making more money than all of his friends who graduated locally.

My next oldest has anxiety issues. Going to school gave him horrible headaches and made him hate life. He had friends, he just couldn't get past the way being at school made him feel. CompuHigh worked perfectly for him. He took the extra time he had during the day (because he wasn't wasting time at traditional school) to teach himself more than one coding language and to start a website design business. He starts college in the fall. If traditional school isn't working for your child, CompuHigh is worth a look.

Dear Gael,
Thank you for your thoughtful review. I agree with your assessment, our teachers try to teach the students how to research and think to find answers, not what to think. Your son is off to a great start, please tell him how pleased we are with his progress!

Steve Ray

Original review: May 16, 2017

My son has been in public school since kindergarten, but his educational demands are no longer being met, so we opted to enroll him somewhere else for 9th grade. We narrowed the choices down to four schools. We focused on the ones that offered a demo program and the ones that had the best reviews from other parents. When we decided on Whitmore, it was because my 14-year-old son went through several demonstration classes and we got a real feel for what reality was going to be when school started. Plus, my son liked the user interface and they have a one teacher to one student ratio, so the student works directly with the teacher, which is a huge impact on learning.

We filled out the application, went through the process and got enrolled within a week and as soon as he started, my son was identified as needing to be in the college prep honors program. He’s taken honor English, algebra, and American Government honor. He’s also taking a science course, physical education, fitness and safety, and a community service course which teaches kids about giving back to their community. Next year, we’ll work on Spanish and all the others. It’s nice that he’s following a program. It wasn’t something that I had to come up with. Everything is through their user interface, including talking to his teachers, and that’s good because it forces him to really think about what he needs to ask instead of being impulsive.

My son had to put a lot of thought into everything he did because in order to get credit for his work, he has to write everything up and if there is something that he didn’t master or get, they’d send the assignment back and tell him, “Well, this isn’t quite right. You need to adjust this or you need to do this.” The child can ask the professor questions, but they really try to force the child to think through and problem-solve, which I really like. As a parent, I get a weekly report that states exactly what my child did during that period, where he’s standing in all his classes and what he needs to work on. The guidance counselor reaches out to me when there’s any concern and I’ve been in touch with the director of the school. They’re very approachable and they’re very quick to respond and go over any concern. The longest I had to wait to get a response is 24 hours.

At first, I was really hesitant about online schooling, but once we took the jump and my son started going through it, I would not go back for anything. It’s the way to go for students or individuals who have a learning style that needs more than what they get in a mass public system. We’ve paid about $1,600 for his entire year, and we’re very pleased with what we’re getting. There were challenges where it was much more advanced to what he got in public school. The public school basically teaches memorization, while in Whitmore, it is more putting the assignment in the child’s hand and saying, “You need to go do x, y and z.” and giving them a little bit of latitude to figure that out. It was harder but it’s good because it has prepared my son to be ready for a higher edge phase or for college. The level of learning is like he’s going to a junior college.

Christine,
Thank you for writing such a nice review. We are all very pleased with your son's progress. Just wish I could see him play hockey!

Steve Ray

Original review: May 15, 2017

My son plays Junior hockey so he moves away and is usually not in town. I searched for online schooling options and I like the way Whitmore's program was set up. They're also one of the few approved schools by NCAA. My son is a junior standing right now and he’s part of the NCAA program. So he takes those courses which are a bit more difficult because he's got to follow the NCAA rules. They’re core courses, and he’s had some electives, too. I really like Whitmore's program. My son came from a very well-known Catholic school and Whitmore's curriculum is up to par with that. They’re really there to help him get through his education. Any questions or concerns that I have or my kid has, they respond immediately. They always have available counselor which I'm in constant contact with all the time. They’ve been wonderful and the teachers there are great. It’s been a really good experience so far.

Dear Rachelle,
Thank you for your kind review. We are all pleased with the effort Grace has made. It shows in her grades! Please tell her to keep up the great work, she is doing fantastic.

Steve Ray

Original review: May 12, 2017

We've had a great experience with Whitmore. We were homeschooling for a while, so we did our research and looked around. We liked what we found at Whitmore and it was affordable. It has pretty good reviews too. We talked to them several times before we filled out any official paperwork as I had questions back and forth. I wanted to know how the classes were conducted. Their staff was wonderful. They were willing to answer any questions, not just for parents but also my daughters. We had a great time and a great interaction with the teachers. They were always available for questions. The students converse back and forth with the instructors via email, which the parents have access to at all times.

The learning experience was pretty good and it's a little different depending on the class. From what I've seen, a lesson is given, whether it would be by a lecture or a video, via text, pictures, all of that sort of things. And then after a lesson is taught, there's always an assignment depending on what the class is. It's been a great academic experience.

Brian,
Thank you for your nice review! We are very fortunate to have teachers that really care about their students. I will pass this on for Stan to see.

Steve Ray

Original review: May 11, 2017

I do not post reviews often so when I do they are either really good or really bad. I just wanted to say what a great experience that we have had with Whitmore School. They were extremely helpful and responsive and my son really enjoyed his teacher. He was amazing and super helpful. Everyone there is interested in your student's success and that is what it is all about. Thank you Whitmore School and thank you Stan.

Whitmore School

Jennifer, thank you for such a nice review! We agree with you, when a student can go back and improve a lesson they have a deeper understanding of the material. Their retention also is better. Please tell Madison to keep up the great work she is doing.

Steve Ray

Original review: May 8, 2017

My daughter's a gymnast and she goes to practice two days a week in the morning and then with the other girls at homeschool. One of the girls in our gym uses Whitmore and was talking about it. We looked into it and decided that that would be a good program for her because they have the NCAA program that will keep her eligible. We contacted them and talked a little bit on the phone and I asked what do I need to do to get her signed up. We paid for it and my daughter took over after that. She's in her General Ed classes and she has done her own studies, we don't have to really watch over her. She's very self-motivated and self-driven. She's not one of those kids that you have to worry about so we've just let her take it and run with it.

As a teacher myself, I've watched what shes been doing and I'm really pleased. I have just known within the last month and a half that I get weekly updates from her adviser. I didn't have that the first half of the year and I didn't have a lot of communication with them. Some of it was my fault because I just never had time to check on it. Recently, her counselor has been sending updates, which I enjoy receiving, that says how many courses she has, how many lessons she have left to complete the course and what her grade is in the lesson. She was doing fine in her classes and she got all As. Next year I'll be more proactive in making sure I have information on how shes doing.

My son is in public school high school, there's no way he could do what she's doing. I think as a high-level athlete, they spend 16 to 20 hours a week in the gym and they have to know how to balance their time and they have that discipline for their schoolwork. She likes that because she doesn't have to deal with high school dramas. I would recommend it to any of my friends looking to homeschool their kiddos and needing a program because Madison's been very pleased. It’s a fair price for what you’re getting. My daughter can email her teachers and get a feedback. I love that she's able to go back and correct lessons because I saw they learn when they go back and fix mistakes. I think it's great.

Whitmore School

May, thank you for your kind review.

Steve Ray

Original review: May 6, 2017

We came from outside the US and we couldn’t accommodate well at the public high school that our son was assigned to, so we preferred that he learned on his own through Whitmore School. He took Algebra 1, Business English, and Stress Management and it worked well. He has interactions with the instructors, while I had interactions with the administrators, and the one who answered the phone was very nice and acceptable. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Michele,
Thank you for your kind words in your review. We hope you and Katelyn can make it to our graduation ceremony in June!

Steve Ray

Original review: April 25, 2017

My daughter had been in a private Christian school in 9th-11th grade and she only needed a few more classes. So instead of tying up her entire existence in senior year, we decided to go with Whitmore. A couple of friends had their children on it and they said it was a good program. Enrollment was fairly easy. I talked to some of the folks and the rep lined up what classes Katelyn needed to take. Throughout the year, as Katelyn would finish a class, they'd sign her up for the next one. I was paying about $6000 a year for a private school, so $1700 was a much-refreshed change. I was very satisfied and we're just waiting to get the diploma and stuff taken care of.

Whitmore School

Thank you Tim, glad to hear your daughter is doing well.

Steve Ray

Original review: April 23, 2017

We enrolled our daughter to the Whitmore School for a while because of some mental health issues. I found it online, looked like it will work for what we needed and the cost was decent. It seemed good and the personnel were helpful. Currently, she is back to her real high school.

Ken,
Thank you for your review. Kevin has grown this year to be a student leader. He has dedicated himself to strive for excellence on the court and in the classroom. He is a great role model for his classmates.

Steve Ray

Original review: April 22, 2017

My son, Kevin is with an academy that offered online schooling since they have so much time out there to practice and play some games. Whitmore School, accepted by the NCAA, was the only option that the academy offered. My child took several courses with some art and science classes. I enjoyed the school’s communication, which was excellent. Whenever there's anything happening with my son or updates on his classes, the school was very good at sending the information out straight to parents. They were very efficient to that. My experience with Whitmore School was pleasant.

Whitmore School

Debbie, thank you for your review and we are all proud of your daughters accomplishments at Whitmore School. Excellent student!

Steve Ray

Original review: March 31, 2017

There's too much drama at the public high school and among other online school options, Whitmore seemed like they were a more challenging program and there was teacher support. The enrollment process wasn't complicated. The cost was a little high but they were great and very responsive. The only issue we ever had is that sometimes it took the teacher a little while to get back to my daughter on work and questions. She could only go so far and had to be graded before she could move to the next lesson. Also, at the end of my daughter's tenure with them, we had some complication because her father passed away and she was not able to make deadlines for graduation. Whitmore was amazing as far as giving her an extension to graduate past the technical contract date that was paid for. I would recommend them.

Whitmore School

Dzana, Thank you for your kind words. Congratulation's on your recent Graduation! Great Job!

Steve

Original review: March 15, 2017

I am very glad I enrolled to Whitmore School. The teachers were very supportive and explained everything so clearly. I studied whenever I wanted and had more free time. The lessons were challenging but at the same time useful and interesting. I have absolutely no negative feedback to give. Everyone was eager to help and responded quickly to any questions or concerns I've had.

Whitmore School

Rod, I am so glad your daughter did so well with us. We find when you take away the drama and allow to student to study at their own pace, great things happen!

Steve Ray

Original review: March 12, 2017

My boss told us about Whitmore. He has a high schooler son who is on a national travel hockey team so regular school wasn't going to work. My daughter was unable to walk in to school because she had panic attacks and was unable to even participate in anything. So, enrolling her there was the only choice. We did not want to go the GED route and we wanted that diploma. I called and their rep sent me a form. We filled out the form and submitted it electronically.

We sent the transcripts from the high school and they did an assessment as to what was left to do. And then, a counselor called her and they figured out what classes she wanted to take. And they went from there. So far, she went from F's to A's. So, she felt great about the results. The only thing she had a problem with was the responses from the teachers. She had a lot of things already to deal with, but the teachers can only do so much of the time. And so, she has to wait a while unless she has to make some changes, and then submit it again.

At first, we were weary of online high schools because there's a lot of them there just to scam. And so, we wanted to make sure we had one that was recommended by somebody. When we saw what Whitmore was and saw that it was accredited, we decided that would be a good way to go. Their strategy there was a whole lot better wherein their students have a chance to fix their paper and send it in again if they didn't get it right the first time. It helps them to learn more. However, they're expensive but it was online and if you were in a situation we were in, you really don't have much of a choice. It's $1500 per year and within that year, they've got to get everything finished. Otherwise, they'll have to subscribe to another year.

Whitmore School

Thank you Devin, one of the benefits of attending Whitmore School is the student takes responsibility for their education. Well Done!

Original review: March 7, 2017

My family had to move from Illinois to New York after my junior year in high school due to my dad's employment. We then found the state law requirements for graduation to be quite different in my new state. After looking at alternative options to the public school system, my parents and I decided on Whitmore as the accredited school I needed to complete my senior year. I had never thought of online school as an option for me because I always enjoyed the socialization of school. Since I had just moved to a new state and did not have local friends, I found this to be a great option for me.

The teachers were all very helpful and I really feel I learned more in my senior year with Whitmore than I had learned in any of my other years in high school in the classrooms. I also liked working at my own pace, set myself goals, and got my senior year completed in less months than traditional school. I would recommend Whitmore online and its teachers to anyone looking for an alternative to public schools.

Whitmore School

Thank you for your kind words Gavin. Glad you finished with a A average with us!

Original review: March 7, 2017

I was able to finish my senior year in half the time that it took my friends in public school. I took 3 courses to finish out everything and I was very pleased! All of the teachers were very helpful and were always there when you needed assistance! I wouldn't definitely recommend this program for anyone!

Whitmore School

Thank you for your review Alex, we are pleased to hear about you positive experience.

Steve Ray

Original review: March 5, 2017

My son had told me that it's better being schooled from home. He enrolled in a two-hour online program and the enrollment process was pretty simple - he handled it on his own. Also, my middle son went there, too. I feel pretty good about the quality of their education and the cost is reasonable. He's already finished and he's preparing to get himself into college. My child was happy so, I was happy too.

Hello Carol!

I am so glad to hear that MG has continued to thrive and move forward in college! When we first talked, I knew that her had the potential to excel - she just needed the right venue. I love hearing about her success in college.

It means so much to me to learn that our Mastery Learning approach at Whitmore helped her regain her confidence and self-esteem.

Ellen

Original review: March 4, 2017

My daughter had anxiety and she was having a hard time finishing up her senior year. Whitmore School was what she needed and it came highly recommended. When I spoke to their principal, she was so amazing that I signed up my daughter immediately and it changed her a hundred percent. It gave her the confidence to go to college and not suffer with anxiety any longer. She took the rest of the classes that she needed to graduate. The principal gave her so much support, was really thorough and she happens to be one of the teachers too. So, she inspired her to break out of her box and write things that she normally wouldn't have done. She calls me personally and tell me what a good mom I was and it helped me understand what my daughter is going through.

My daughter already got accepted in the college before her senior year got into play. She dropped out of her senior year two weeks into the semester and she only had six weeks to graduation. Whitmore helped her punch, punch, punch. She got her final degree three days before she moved in her dorm. Her principal was calling me every day telling me where she's at. She knew that everybody was patiently waiting and without the anxiety she had the ability to push it through the whole summer and take her time.

The principal is in South Carolina and my daughter is in college in that same town. And since my daughter never had a graduation, she said that she and her husband will come to Charleston and have our whole family here put on a graduation and a party for my daughter. But I didn't let her do that because my daughter already had been in college when we talked about that. I couldn't believe that she’d come a 100 miles away to have family and friends do a real graduation with a cap and gown for my daughter from her private online school. In fact, she even gave a $500 scholarship for us because we financially couldn't afford a lot of it. She's wonderful and we love her.

Whitmore prepared her so well and gave her confidence, and the teachers wrote her with constantly good feedback and positive reinforcement. So, she didn't need to use her disability services until the second semester of her year in college. Overall, it was wonderful experience. Whitmore definitely has a loving environment. And, none of us have met the principal face to face but I feel like we're going to be friends forever. She even wrote me to ask how Megan is doing in college. I recommend that school to everybody even if I serve as the head of the board of my daughter's former high school.

Whitmore School

Thank you for your great review Robert. I am glad to hear you liked your rapport with all your teachers. We are all very pleased with your good work with us, even in Math!

Steve Ray

Original review: March 3, 2017

Online schooling seemed like a much better alternative than getting up every day, going to school with people I didn't like, and dealing with teachers I didn't like. Compared to other schools I looked at, Whitmore seemed like the best school in general. I came across it when I was on the internet. Enrolling there was fairly easy. The personnel was very friendly and helped me to find anything needed. I could just ask them if I didn't understand a question and I usually got a response back within a few hours.

I took three English classes, two Math classes, and a history class. The only difficult ones were the Math classes and that's 'cause I'm not good at Math at all. But it wasn't that difficult once the teacher explained everything in a much easier way. The English and History classed were fairly easy. There was just a lot of essay writing. The teachers were all very good too. There was no question that I asked that made me feel stupid. If you asked a question in a regular school, you might be ridiculed by your classmates. But in Whitmore, there it's a one-on-one interaction and you don't feel that anxiety. Overall, Whitmore School is the perfect school.

Dear Joey,

Thank you for your great review of Whitmore School. It will help parents looking for the right online high school for their child.

Looks like your son is very close to graduating, tell him to keep up the excellent work!

Steve Ray

Original review: March 2, 2017

We went with online schooling for our son because it fits our schedule better. His mother and I both work odd schedules, so it suited the schedule where we could help him with his work. We went with Whitmore since I like their curriculum. They were also accepted by our state easily enough. So, they were on the approved list already.

The enrollment process was easy. The first year, we had to get our school records, but it's very self-explanatory. The school personnel has always been very friendly. Anytime I had a question or when we need a paperwork from them to show our state that our son was currently enrolled and to get a driver's license and all that, they are quick to respond and get back to us.

Our son has had Math and English every year. He's taken Reading, Spanish, Career Planning, and other courses. He's been there for three years, so he's taken quite a few of them. Education at Whitmore costs us a little. It's more expensive than what we would be paying for a public school, but it's really worth it because the curriculum is more in depth and I feel like he's learning things and I'm able to monitor all that. Overall, it's a really good education that fits our schedule.

Whitmore School Company Profile