4.77/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Oklahoma Residents Only. Epic Charter Schools is a free, public, online charter school for grades Pre-K through 12th. We are fully accredited and our teachers are all certified by the state of Oklahoma. Our teachers will work hand-in-hand with the parents in order to develop a customized learning plan for the student. Epic offers a variety of programs, such as, One on One, and, Epic Blended Learning Center. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about our programs!

107 Epic Charter Schools Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Tulsa Public Schools sucks and since I have friends whose kids go to Epic Charter Schools, I enrolled my son there too. It is an online school where your child gets one-on-one attention instead of one-on-fifty attention. The quality of education is good and we appreciate the fact that there are extra options. The enrollment process was very easy. Every interaction I’ve had with their staff has been outstanding and Summer is outstanding as a teacher. My son is currently enrolled in high school and his experience has been outstanding so far. Epic is teaching my son and he doesn’t have to go to Tulsa Public so that’s a really big help. I already recommended Epic Charter Schools to three of my friends.

Get expert buying tips about Online High Schools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

My child had been bullied throughout her public school experience her entire life. So, we were trying to get her a good education without being bullied. I had a couple of co-workers whose children were enrolled in Epic, so we went that route as well. Epic's enrollment process was extremely easy. We just faxed everything over. My child is in ninth grade and she does everything online. We're very pleased with the quality of education at Epic. I have two children and both were enrolled at one time at Epic. One of them chose to go back to the public school, but even when she was enrolled at Epic, it was great all the way around.

We love the staff at Epic. My child's teacher is the most amazing teacher I've ever met in my life. Any time I've interacted with any of the staff, it's been great. So, we have nothing but good things to say. We're very pleased with the whole experience. I always tell others about our pleasant experience with Epic. I'd recommend it definitely.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I was traditionally homeschooling my daughter for the last six years. The financial aspect of going to Epic was great because buying your own curriculum is very expensive. And all the opportunities that came along with Epic, such as prom and just having a teacher there as backup, has been amazing. Epic seemed to have the best qualification. I liked it and I also knew quite a few people that were in Epic. Their method is a lot similar to what we were doing but it has pushed my daughter more to achieve more. It took a lot of weight off of my shoulders. Also, the teacher that we have is amazing. I absolutely adore her. She definitely knows what she's doing.

In terms of enrollment, you just go online and fill out the enrollment form, answer the questions of where you live and then, they approve you or not to be enrolled. After that, you can either select your own teacher if you have a preference or they’d assign you a teacher and then that teacher gets a hold of you and ask you which curriculum you want. My daughter is currently enrolled in Plato. So far, her experience has been good. She really likes it and is enjoying Epic. The quality of education that she's receiving is much better than she could get anywhere else. The experience with Epic has all been positive for me and my daughter. I recommend them to anybody I come in contact with. It's a very wonderful program and as a parent, you get to choose and you're more involved than you would be at public school. It's like getting the best of both worlds.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I enrolled my daughter in online schooling because of the way she was being treated in public school. Epic Charter Schools seemed to be the easiest online schooling program for us to get all of our stuff through. We did the enrollment online and the process was okay. I've interacted with her teacher and he was great. We've met at the library a few times and he has helped my daughter out a lot and keeps me up-to-date on her progress. Compared to her previous schooling, it has been easier for her at Epic. The only disagreement I have with them is that graduation and prom are four-hour drives for everyone because we're up by the Missouri line and we don’t live anywhere near Oklahoma City. But other than that, Epic is the easiest way to go rather than have our kids dropping out of school. I brought three other kids to them, so they've gotta be pretty good.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

We got five kids and we sent them to a private church school for a year and it didn’t really work out for us. We wanted a little help homeschooling, but it was a little daunting to try and do it by ourselves, so the next step was to try the online charter school. The enrollment with Epic is pretty easy. We do it all on the website and it’s all straightforward. The re-enrolling is also easy ‘cause all of the kids' information is usually already in the system. We’ve been with Epic for several years now and it's been all good. My children are enrolled in Odysseyware. I haven’t had a whole lot to do with a lot of their staff. Our teacher tends to liaison for us a lot. But everything I have dealt with them, they’ve been really nice and explained everything really well.

We really enjoy the program. Sometimes, it’s frustrating to jump through some of the hoops, but Epic can’t control that. All of that is up to the State. We don’t like being told what to do is the problem. My wife was homeschooled and went to this church school. I went to public school in middle school and I had a horrible time. I hated it and I swore that I’d never make my kids go to public school. So, every time that we get frustrated with any of the hoops we need to jump through, all of the testing we have to do, I think about the alternatives and Epic is still the best.

There are lots of different choices. Our teacher is really open to a lot of different things and talks about curriculum and what some of those other kids are doing. I really like it. My kids are doing really well. We just started school this year. It’s always a bummer that we have to end summer, but they picked it right up just like they’ve been doing it for years. And now, they’re working ahead a little bit, and they’re all getting good grades, and we’re really happy with them. Our youngest is eight and all of them read Calculus every day and they are way smarter than I ever felt being at their age.

We've recommended Epic to a lot of people and I have several friends joining Epic. At first, I’d warn them that Epic is not for everybody. Not every family is suited to an online charter school and that it’s always gonna be work. You have to be very involved in your kids’ education and have to be okay with that, be ready for that, but that Epic will absolutely hold your hands through it. And I know that from other families we’ve known. If they don’t jive with the teachers, then things can be arranged. Epic handles it pretty well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Epic Charter Schools?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I have a child in 7th grade and another one in 11th grade. I was tired of the bullying in the public school system and my friend recommended Epic Charter Schools to me. The enrollment was very easy and so far, my children seem to like the experience. The education is good and it challenges them. I'd recommend Epic Charter Schools.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My son was having some issues at school that we just couldn’t seem to get under control. We told him if we were having any more issues, he was going into online school. I had talked to a friend of mine who's a teacher and she told me that out of all of the online schools, Epic seems to be the best. So I just went with them. I loved the interactions I had with the Epic staff and I like the program that my son is enrolled in. He wanted to try to graduate early and one of the teachers there worked really hard and has gone out and beyond. She has laid the plan out and it's now on my son whether he does it or not. But we've tried to lay out everything that he could do because he came in last year in November and he got caught up. He did everything he has and that teacher tried to help him, but he does have a lot of stuff too.

When I put him in the online school, I didn’t want him to not be challenged. And being in Epic has challenged him more than being in a public school because one of my issues with the public school is that they'll say he could make an A, but they'll take his low B, and that was frustrating. They didn’t wanna push him. But where we had the one-on-one with the teacher from Epic, she helps push my son and keeps him on track. I really like that he has a teacher that he has to go and see to be accountable which makes learning better, instead of just doing it all totally online. He has deadlines and if he doesn’t make them, he's gonna explain to his teacher why. I would tell others to definitely use Epic as well if they want to go with an online option.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I initially picked K-12 but I switched to Epic because my son was in the first grade and wasn’t getting done until towards almost 9 o’clock at night. And my husband and I thought that that was not normal. The enrollment at Epic was easy and didn’t take long at all. Plus, the teachers were close and I could get a hold of one any time. If my son had issues, I could call and his teacher would come and sit with him. She was a very good teacher. She would come to the house and my son wasn’t just staring on the computer screen all day and hearing somebody speak to him. My son received good quality education from Epic and I would tell others to try it. In fact, I've referred people to them in the past.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Cade, my child, had some behavioral issues so he couldn't be in public school. We tried K12 first and it was a total disaster so we went with Epic where somebody referred us. When we enrolled, everything was done online. I'm not a techie person so it was a little complicated for me but it was fine. I would have preferred a whole lot more school work because he had so much free time left that it really was like he wasn't going to school. With Epic, you only have the one kid to deal with unlike in the public schools where they have 25 kids so they hand out one or two papers. Once he gets that one paper done in 10 minutes, he can goof off and play the rest of the time. I would like to have seen him have seven papers to deal with. Still, I would recommend Epic. My child is enrolled in public school now and if he can't make it there, then he's going back to Epic.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

My son was being bullied at school so we went through online schooling back in January and we did it again this year. When I was looking for an online school, Epic Charter Schools was the only one that answered me when I called. The enrollment was a breeze and they took care of everything. Everybody I talked to was awesome and they were easy to work with. I told them that I wanted my son to go there and they contacted his previous school and got all of his stuff transferred. My son is in the one-on-one program and I love that he gets extra help when he needs it. His teacher is awesome and we love her. She puts him in special one-on-one classes when he needs to work on something and that's great.

I've told people about everything that we've experienced with Epic and how great they've been. The teachers really care about teaching the kids the concepts, instead of just watching them and dragging the hour, because my son does the online classes in such a way that they can see him and he can see them, and I get to hear some of that too. I just talked to some people who were having problems with their child not getting into the school program that the child needed to get help with in learning and I definitely recommended Epic to them.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

We were in a regular public school and my friends referred Epic which is much easier than regular homeschooling and everything has been really awesome! The enrollment process was super easy and the quality of education is great. We did Compass last year and we didn't really love it so we're doing Waterford and we just started. We really love our teacher, Sydney. She's really nice, keeps some really good contact, confirms meetings and interacts with the kids and me really well. Epic gives you a lot of freedom that you wouldn't normally have with public schooling. The curriculum is really easy to follow and it's really nice to have a one-on-one teacher because homeschooling can be really overwhelming since it's just you doing the curriculum and all the testing. It's really nice to have the backing of Epic for all the state testing and curriculums. In fact, I told lots of friends about Epic, how easy it is and that the kids really like it.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I chose to enroll my children in online schooling for some accountability and for the financial aspect of being able to do extra curriculars. Epic Charter Schools was one of the first online schools I saw. I had my kids enrolled with them for two years. The enrollment process was very simple and the teacher for both my grade schooler and high schooler was the same. She was great and helpful, especially for my elementary-aged child. However, I didn’t know she was testing the third grade. There were some things I did in order, and others I didn't so it messed us up as there were certain things my daughter hadn’t covered when it was how Epic had it laid out.

Meanwhile, the experience wasn't that great for my high schooler because he didn't like the curriculum. We chose the Apex curriculum and it wasn't great. My son's a self-motivated person and was trying to get stuff done but he didn't feel like he learned much of anything. Also, they had a counselor whom I couldn’t reach immediately or even in a reasonable time because I was trying to do concurrent enrollment, so that was really frustrating. Nevertheless, my son took the GED and passed it. Now, he’s enrolling in college classes two years early.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We had home-schooling for a couple of years before and we just used free stuff and books purchased from Amazon. Epic Charter Schools was the only online schooling option I knew and we liked that they had a learning fund so we could use the fund instead to buy curriculum and to do extra-curricular activities. Their enrollment was easy although we had trouble with some enrollment issues at the very beginning and making sure everything was taken care of. Also, meeting up with Teacher Kara was super easy. She came to our house the first time we met with her and since then we’ve met at a nearby library. We don’t meet with her too often because we like to do things on our own, but whenever we’ve had to meet with her, we’ve been able to.

Right now, my children are doing the Accelerate program and I’m trying to get my daughter into the Accelerated Reader. And on the side, they do gymnastics with the learning fund. Epic offers good quality education. I appreciate that they give a variety of different curriculum to choose from. I really like the Accelerate program and it pushes my kids and makes them work hard.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My kids were getting bullied at school and I went to the public school and asked if they could help with the situation. They wouldn't help me with it so I decided to pull my kids out. Online schooling is a lot safer alternative and I've heard a lot of good reviews about Epic Charter. I've just done the enrollment process all online and sent in all the paperwork. They got a lot of it from the public school too, so it just really worked out for me. Both my children were enrolled for the Odysseyware. They seemed to like it pretty good. We're gonna try a different one this year, when they go with a Spider curriculum, just to see what it's all about. The teacher is patient with the kids and seemed understanding. She tries to help them the best way she can. She doesn't sit there and say that her students are not understanding something. Education at Epic school is great.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The enrollment process with Epic was nice and simple. For this year, we have a third grader, a second grader, a kinder gardener and a pre-schooler enrolled with them. I like their star teacher. She's wonderful and she really did a good balance, making sure we meet requirements while also letting us explore what we want to do within our family. However, we had some issue with some teachers getting paid in a timely manner with a learning fund. Like a violin teacher had a lot of trouble getting paid last year. But that was the only negative experience we had and other than that, the learning fund is great and we’ve had a really good experience with Epic.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

My child has a lot of issues. He has a motor skills therapist, a feeding therapist, and a regular therapist because of all his emotional problems. Also, he does not eat regular food and he has a different schedule than normal school days, so I chose to enroll him in an online school. I was with K12 but something happened and I ended up having to switch to another school. Then, a friend of mine told me to try Epic Charter.

Everybody there has been good. They have gone above and beyond to help me in any way possible and I like them better than K12. So far, our interactions with the students and the teachers are amazing. My son's teacher is awesome and from what I see, she is dedicated to her students. She is always in contact with me and meets me at least once a week. She is really helpful. My child is currently in third grade but he has difficulty in some areas, so they try to get him some special classes. Epic Charter Schools has taken him a long way and he is learning a lot with the help they have given him. I would refer them to anybody who wants to try an online school before I recommend them anywhere else.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

At first, when I worked with Epic Charter, I didn't have a good experience. The teacher was very forceful as to what we had to do. We switched teachers and the one we got, Angela, was more laid back and she worked with our schedule. Also, she worked with what we liked and didn't like. She was amazing. If my daughter didn't want to go to a public school, I would totally have Angela again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My daughter wanted to do online schooling for more flexibility and to go away from negative influences. We already knew people who were enrolled in Epic so it was easy to learn more about it and have some support through friends. We went with a teacher who was recommended by a friend because her daughter already had her. We contacted the teacher and she met with us in Starbucks and we got to know her well. I got all my questions answered so that made me feel really comfortable with the whole thing. Throughout the school year, if we had questions, I would just text or call the teacher and she was really good at getting back with me and finding out the answers.

My daughter loved it although the teacher was not a Math teacher by trade and when my daughter had some trouble with a higher Math that she was enrolled in, the teacher couldn’t help her. I also couldn’t help her and so, I ended up getting some outside tutoring that was kinda costly. We tried an online tutor/helper and it really was not worth anything too much. There was another teacher in Epic that was really good at Math and so, he was available to help her some which was a big help.

Epic is great for older kids and if you had a daughter who was older like mine and had already completed a lot of a higher harder classes then Epic would be great. My daughter will be a singer next year and she’s only taking two classes online because she's pretty much done with everything. My middle school daughter wants to do it but I won't let her do it yet because she's got too many difficult classes in Science and Math coming her way in the next few years that I want her to be in a brick and mortar school for.

Original review: July 28, 2018

The idea of the teacher coming to your house and helping out plus the learning fund drew us into enrolling in online schooling. We also had some other friends who were doing it. We are at The Academy of Classical Christian Studies, so it's a blended model where we have kind of part-time there and then part-time homeschool, and it's nice to have both.

I did the whole Epic Charter enrollment process online and it was pretty easy. The quality of education they offer is good and our teacher is awesome too. She's somebody who I feel like knows what to look for. She's also super sweet and helpful, and we love her. I also love that she's laidback. She's not pressuring us one way or another for certain things and she's flexible on when she comes to our house, as far as her own schedule and timing dealing with mine. Then at the end of the year, she had a sweet little party at the park for all of her Epic families where she honored each one of her students with a certificate. She brought treats for everybody too. I just appreciate that she cares about her students and their families. Epic is really great, especially for the early years.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Everyone I spoke to on the technical end at Epic Charter Schools has been very helpful. I was doing homeschooling on my own and I had to pick out the curriculum. They are also part of the schools, so working with them means that my kids are getting what kids their age are getting. I'm confident in the school and the quality of education that they offer is really good. My kids did Learning Odyssey last year and this year, we're gonna try A-Plus. Furthermore, meeting other kids their age and getting together has been really good. Doing more of that through Epic would be great.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have a daughter who has social anxiety and it began to get worse as she was going through grade school. By the time third grade came around, she couldn't even leave the house. So we went to online schooling from there. At first, we tried K-12 and it was terrible. A friend of mine from church suggested Epic Charter so we changed to them after her second year of homeschooling.

Since then, we've had two tremendous teachers. In the meantime, I ended up adopting four foster children. I had them in public school and due to the bullying that goes on with public school, I pulled them all out. And so, all six of them are in homeschool and they're all in Epic now. Enrolling was really easy and our teacher was very helpful. We got all the paperwork for her, she scanned it and we were done. We have one kid who could not read at all whom we pulled out of school and the teacher has been working with him quite a bit. Now we've got him to where he's reading. Epic's teachers worked with me. They give feedback and they're right there with you pushing your child to excel. People there have been very caring. It was a great experience.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Do more research if you're considering Epic Charter. I was trying to get my daughter caught up so she can graduate on time and I figured that she would be able to work at a faster pace if I enroll her in online schooling. Her enrollment at Epic Charter had been paid but we haven’t received the equipment for the start of school yet. Also, the state schools have already started but online schooling with Epic doesn’t start for another month. My daughter will be further behind now because they are starting a month before she can even start. Other than that, the reps have been professional.

Original review: July 20, 2018

We wanted accountability and flexibility for our homeschool. With Epic Charter, we could pick our curriculum and set our own hours. Also, we liked not having to be online at certain times. My child is currently enrolled in a one-on-one program and it's been great thus far. I believe it's the best education my child could get.

Original review: July 8, 2018

My children were not happy at school. A couple of my daughter's friend were already going in Epic and they were happy with it. Everybody was responsive and helpful and they did everything that we needed. I have a K-8 and a high school student enrolled and we've been very happy with the curriculum that we picked.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I'm a school teacher and we send our kids to the academy, which is a blended model, two days a week. We're also utilizing Epic for other services. I heard about Epic's inception from my best friend. It's a private school and there's not one curriculum but as long as parents are actively engaged, things should be fine. Enrolling there was easy as it was all online and so far, I'm satisfied with them. In fact, I already have friends who enrolled based on what I've said like what the school has to offer and how it has worked for us.

Original review: July 6, 2018

For our younger kids, we put them into a normal elementary school but for our middle school aged children, it didn't seem to be the best thing to throw them into the middle of a public middle school where they have absolutely no connection. And so, we enrolled them in an online school. We did most of it online and then had to go by the office for dropping off documents. Everything has been cool and simple with the office staff at Epic and Sarah, our teacher, has been great. Our oldest has been in Compass but we're going to Plato for both next year.

We've done our state sides in different states in different schools in different programs and a lot of times, there's an assumption that people that are coming in are either from the area or have some idea of what's going on and so, information isn't always as forthcoming as it could be. Epic seems to be way better about that than the local public schools and we appreciate that and the email communication and updates on what's going on with Epic. There could be a better explanation of what the learning fund is and how that's to be used, which shows up with a local Facebook group for Epic as well.

We had some people looking at Epic as the kids were transitioning out of 6th grade and they knew that the public middle school is not really a good option for students who are seeking to excel. But what we have discovered is even with our kids that are more motivated, that it still requires quite a bit of parent interactions, which we've done homeschooling before so that's not a horrible thing but our jobs are such that we are able to do that. If the parents are not in the place where they are able to actually invest daily in the kid’s education, then online school in general may not be for them. But there are maybe some curricula that are delivered online that are meant to be more comprehensive. And so, if they're not able to be daily involved, this might not be the way to go. But we’re pleased with the quality of education at Epic and they're definitely worthwhile.

Original review: July 5, 2018

We were homeschooling on our own. We thought that the freedom of homeschooling would give us a little bit more accountability. We tried a school but it was a little too rigid. And it was the first one here in our state, so we got into the bureaucracy of it all, got caught up in that and so they had a lot of other things that died down since then. It left a bad taste in our mouth so I wanted to find something. Also, my daughter and my son both have different learning styles. With the first one, we were not able to really tailor the curriculum to fit both of their styles. So my daughter, even though she came from the other program, came straight into another program very similar and she did well. And my son, we've been able to adapt him to something that better suits his needs. So that was the positive thing for me with Epic.

The teachers are very approachable as well, and they're very good at getting back at me and giving me information. However, my biggest concern with these interactions with the school is when you go beyond the teacher. Also, the counselors are not very knowledgeable as far as getting information to you about requirements. I have a daughter and she graduated this year. My daughter ended up as a 12th grader taking 8th grade math because of some error from the first school.

And just through my own research, I feel that some of the counselors are like reception staff that has been promoted to that position. If they have better staff as far as the counselors go, especially when you'd talk to children that are trying to go to college, it would be beneficial. But other than that, everyone’s personable and professional. Everyone works really hard as well. When I talk to them about anything, I get responses. The enrollment process was really easy too. I submitted everything online and it was a pretty simple process.

The learning experience has been good too. You can change curriculums every year, which is a plus, but it also has some negative when you're changing curriculum every year. It's up to your own accord because you'd have to do that. I like having the teacher because then with the other school, you had a teacher assigned to you but it was just a different experience. It wasn’t that one on one quality like I could meet with this teacher, and she could see my kids, and she could evaluate my child with me. My children homeschooled their whole lives, there are certain things that they're just not used to. So I was worried about whether or not they were reading, if they were on par or not meeting certain things and just having the teacher there really helps ease that worry and concern. So the quality of the education is good or I wouldn't re-enroll.

Original review: July 4, 2018

My son was not being challenged enough at school so we chose to enroll in online schooling plus, one of my other kids was on an online course for K-12. My son joined Epic in the middle of the school year but he had to wait a couple of weeks before he started because of the enrollment process but as soon as it was rolling, it went smoothly. State testing day was great and the staff were all friendly and fantastic, and the teacher was wonderful. After I sent my application to Epic, they were not super clear on what my next steps would be so I called the offices to find out. And the person who answered the phone was kinda short with me such that I should know what I was asking her. Other than that, everything else was fine.

My son did Compass and the quality of education was okay. But he had to do summer school which was weird for me because it's something I've never experienced. Also, he got A's and B's in every subject so the fact that he's having to do some summer stuff is kinda frustrating. They said it was based on state testing. I’m not a fan of it. I believe in the program but people should do their research and make sure that it's gonna fit their student, and be very clear as to what their expectations are. My son’s teacher does everything based on the curriculum and Study Island, but his friend's teacher did 90% of the grades from Study Island and they had projects and reports they had to turn in. And so, there's no consistency across the board.

Getting in with that teacher and feeling out if what that teacher is doing is good. Right now, you just get to see a teacher and what they specialize in but you don't get to see the way they're teaching. We happened to get with one teacher that doesn't meet with group, whereas, he might have done better with the teacher that met with group a little bit. It could be broken down a lot better for us and be more customized towards the parent because if I could have looked at a list of teachers that were in my area and seen that teacher A does group teaching along with Study Island and curriculum, or teacher B does no group teaching, but only does curriculum, I could see what they do.

Original review: July 3, 2018

My daughter was experiencing a lot of bullying in school. Then I had talked to other people that had a good experience with Epic, so I just thought I would go with them. Enrolling with them was straightforward. However, it was also a little tricky because of some experience that she had. She had like partial credit, and it was a little bit unclear which classes she needed to take. But, it was just a new process and it was fine. My daughter loves her teacher, so that has been great. Before, she was passing out at school, like panic attacks, and it was horrible. She was missing so much school just for medical reasons because she was having so much anxiety with bullying. She was depressed. So, for us, going with Epic has been amazing. My daughter has flourished, not actually going to regular school.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I work full-time so doing online classes was my best option. Epic goes at my own pace so it works with my schedule best. I also did K12 a few years back and Epic is a little bit more independent for people who need the independence, but one has the option to not be so independent and have more help. I have the option to do it on my own, which I appreciated. The enrollment process was very easy for me personally because all of my information including track records and birth certificates was sent over from K12 to Epic, so I didn't have to do much but inquiring and filling out the enrollment forms. It took less than a week to get everything done and set up.

I'm taking Plato and I have had no problems with the Epic school instructors. They get back to me usually right away. They are really knowledgeable so they help me with about anything that I need help with. The quality of education in Epic is a little bit better than being in a brick and mortar for the simple fact that I can review all of the material. It's always in front of my face if I need to go back and look at it as compared to where I have to cram it all in my brain and then hope that I remember it. So the quality is perfect for me.

Epic Charter Schools expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Epic Charter Schools are free, public schools for students in Pre-K through 12th grade. It lets students complete their classes online, but it doesn’t require students spend a certain number of hours online each day. The school also hosts in-person activities, like field trips, prom and a graduation ceremony. In-person events usually take place in Oklahoma City.

• Accreditation: Epic is accredited through the Oklahoma State Department of Education. It meets the same criteria as all public schools in Oklahoma.

• Drivers Ed: Epic offers a Drivers Ed course to help students prepare for the exam needed to get a driver’s permit. After taking the course and getting their permit, students should be ready to start taking driving lessons on the road.

• Graduation: Epic holds a graduation ceremony each year, so students and their families can celebrate their accomplishment. The ceremony takes place in Oklahoma City, and students can bring as many guests as they’d like.

• Epic Meetups: Epic organized events where students can meet in person for educational activities. The events are usually open to students of all ages.

• Prom: Each year, Epic holds a prom for students in the 9th through the 12th grade. The prom is typically held in Oklahoma City.

• Best for: students with non-academic commitments and home-schooled students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs