Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.75/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Oklahoma Residents Only. Epic Charter Schools is a free, public, online charter school for grades Pre-K through 12th. We are fully accredited and our teachers are all certified by the state of Oklahoma. Our teachers will work hand-in-hand with the parents in order to develop a customized learning plan for the student. Epic offers a variety of programs, such as, One on One, and, Epic Blended Learning Center. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about our programs!

Epic Charter Schools Reviews

Original review: April 6, 2020

My son studied at Epic Charter in Tulsa the full 9th and 10th grade. The school came to rescue in a turbulent time that my son was having socially with school friends and academically with school teachers. Epic charter served perfectly as a transitory moment. My son was benefited greatly by the flexibility of the online practice. It pushed him to learn new skills about how to structure and keep up with a study plan. And for me, as a mother, it allowed me to learn deeper about his challenges and to become more engaged with his academics. His teacher was an amazing human being and helped us throughout the process.

The negative aspects that I see are primarily the lack of social interaction. Although my son needed a temporary withdrawal, in the long term it is not beneficial. So it becomes a priority for the parent to structure a good social environment. The other thing is the lack of depth in the academic subjects. So, if not supervised, the student may learn very little.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I hate the schooling here. It cause my child to start having thoughts to kill himself from stress. We had to pull him out out. Put him in therapy. Overall if I could gives this school zero stars I would not recommend this school.

Get expert buying tips about Online High Schools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Epic has been such a blessing for my granddaughter who struggles with severe anxiety. Before Epic she went to traditional public school and struggled every day with anxiety and panic attacks. I think she was possibly bullied as well for having those issues. The staff just pretty much shrugged it off like it was becoming annoying for them instead of addressing the issue after I said many times she needed some accommodations. Finally, after nothing was being done and every day was getting worse and worse I made the decision to pull her out and to put her in Epic.

It was the best decision I made for her. She loves it and she can actually focus on her schoolwork without being anxious or overwhelmed. I believe that some kids need this kind of education because if it wasnt for Epic I dont know where or what she would be doing with her education. The struggles are real for these kids and truly heartbreaking. Epic has been wonderful for us and I recommend it 100% no matter what. Her teacher is Suzy and she is so caring and compassionate and very understanding not to mention very professional.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

This school used to be AMAZING. Well I guess they grew up too fast because the communication has diminished to subpar. The various programs they expect students to do each day is insane. They claim you choose your curriculum but they add in extra stuff without asking the parent and then add extra mandatory stuff. My kids spend far more time than public school and still can't finish a day's work.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My son hated school and was having some problems in it so it was easier for him to work at home. We found a school but it wasn't turning out very well so we decided to go ahead and try Epic Charter Schools instead. He seemed to like Epic better because of the opportunity to do a test again if he failed. The quality was really good and exciting and I liked how they have their set-up so I would recommend it to someone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Epic Charter Schools?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I was told by different people that Epic Charter Schools was so good, and it was. I just had to meet with the teacher and then she had a made equipment, then we registered with that and then we were set to go. My child was taking English and Math and I loved it. Epic Charter Schools made my child very comfortable. I'm very satisfied. I had to take her out because there were some issues that went on with the custody, but once everything’s over with, she would love to go back.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I know of other parents who used Epic with their children so I've used it with my daughter. Now, I using it again for my stepson who has a medical condition that doesn't allow him to join school temporarily. Everything has been really easy process. I went online and filled out the form for the enrollment. Then they called and I finished it up in person. My stepson is taking regular classes on IET level for high school and the staff are very good. My son's experience has been very good and less stressful than public school. Epic is better than brick and mortar school but they put too much unnecessary work on the students on IET in a regular class. There are too many curriculums that they work through. It's harder to keep up than in a brick and mortar school, but the level of education is better. All in all, I'm happy with Epic.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

My daughter was having trouble getting bullied at school so she did some research about online schooling and Epic got high ratings. I set up something online and it’s real easy. I put my daughter's information and then I met with her teacher at the local library. Her teacher walked us through everything. My daughter is now one of the presidents at Epic. Last year and this year she was very involved. Her teacher and a couple other online students, including her, went to a seminar in Florida for three days. She did extremely well at this school.

If we have any problems, I just text her teacher and she responds. She's also available once a week at the local library in our town. Also there’s always 24/7 homework help so that’s great. My daughter is already done for this semester. It's work at your own pace so if she works more, she gets done faster. She is a senior, so she only had to take two classes this semester. Then she goes to college through Epic. So she gets free college. Epic has a really good online program and the kids are being helped. The resources are there. The teachers and the staff is there to help.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We were going to the ACE Academy and Epic Charter Schools was recommended to me by one of my cousins. The enrollment process was all right and part of it was done online. We're not very computer savvy, so they helped us get it on through. My daughter took basically what she had to have for her credits and I had the best interaction with her teacher. Epic's quality of education was very good and there was less paperwork. With the other online school, I was trying to keep up with all the books and stuff and keeping them. I also had to write down, keep up with the grades and all that stuff daily. But with Epic, those things were already and done for me. Epic made it simpler and took a lot of pressure off me. Epic made my life simpler too.

My daughter is no longer in Epic, however. She is back in high school and it was her choice that she decided to do it differently. She wanted to go so she could play sports and stuff, so we're trying this out. As for me though, I would have preferred her to stick with it. Besides, we're not really sure that w'ere going to stick with this because of the situations that have been occurring in schools. Still, Epic is a great deal.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My stepson did Epic so we became familiar with them, and we're repeat customers. During the teachers' strike, my teenage son convinced me to let him try Epic.

We spoke with Greg from Epic and found out what we needed to do. The enrollment was quick and easy. We personally know a couple of the Epic instructors. We go to church with the instructor that my son had so we were able to communicate with him any time.

My son was in the high school program and has since graduated early. He's now enlisted in the military and is going to basic training the 1st of the year. Epic was better actually public school because whenever he had to take his initial test, it was found out that he was behind in biology because of the way that the teacher was teaching the curriculum. But he was able to catch up and had graduated early. My son actually excelled there. We would recommend Epic.

Epic Charter Schools expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Epic Charter Schools are free, public schools for students in Pre-K through 12th grade. It lets students complete their classes online, but it doesn’t require students to spend a certain number of hours online each day. The school also hosts in-person activities, like field trips, prom and a graduation ceremony. In-person events usually take place in Oklahoma City.

• Accreditation: Epic is accredited through the Oklahoma State Department of Education. It meets all the same criteria as every public school in Oklahoma.

• Drivers Ed: Epic offers a Drivers Ed course to help students prepare for the driver’s permit exam. After taking the course and getting their permit, students should be ready to start taking driving lessons on the road.

• Graduation: Epic holds a graduation ceremony each year, so students and their families can celebrate their accomplishment. The ceremony takes place in Oklahoma City, and students can bring as many guests as they’d like.

• Epic Meetups: Epic organized events where students can meet in person for educational activities. The events are usually open to students of all ages.

• Prom: Each year, Epic holds prom for students in the 9th through the 12th grade. The prom is typically held in Oklahoma City.

• Best for: students with non-academic commitments and home-schooled students.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team