Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2 Connections Academy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Lady told me tuition to join this school for just one year would be nearly $6,000. That's nearly more than half of what I paid to get my degree for college. And not to mention if you enroll your child 3 months after their school starts, your child has to quickly catch up to ALL the work since ICA started. That's too much work.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

My son was failing in the open classroom. He could do the work if someone explained it to him. He rarely understood what was required of him and was passed on to the next grade because he was not a problem. I started him at home with Connections Academy. We worked together daily online through his classes. He began to understand and work through the modules himself and for the first time experienced a success. There are many classes he can do independently but there are also several we do together. This school does require parent participation. I know exactly what he is learning. He is more confident in his abilities and learning to be more self-directed. I do have to encourage him daily and push him to complete his classes. This is a great program for children who are self directed and also good for those who need pushed.

If you are a parent who is willing to review lessons, encourage and even be the teacher some days, then this school is for you and your child. I have a website called ** to encourage parents who have their children in this program or are considering it. I have a masters degree in Informatics, which is the study of how information flows across and through systems. I think this program is one of the best I have seen at presenting information in manageable increments. I have been able to email or phone his teachers with issues and help when we are stuck. I am an involved parent and know what classes my son needs me to sit down and help him with and what ones he can do by himself. This is his 4th year with Connections Academy and he gets better and better. Every job available to our children as adults will require interaction with a computer. Allowing them to learn on one can only benefit them in a career or college.

Get expert buying tips about Online Homeschools delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Connections Academy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Connections Academy is a virtual education organization that provides a free public online school for grades K-12, as well as a tuition-based online private school. Connections Academy is a division of Connections Education LLC.

• In-person and online informational events: Connections Academy offers both online and in-person events for prospective students and their families to have their questions answered.

• Personalized Performance Learning: Connections Academy provides a personalized educational experience using its Personalized Performance Learning approach. The school begins by reviewing the student’s background and learning style. It then conducts periodical testing to track progress over time and uses assessments to identify a student’s core strengths and weaknesses.

• Career technical education: This program is designed for students, especially high school students, who would like to gain more targeted education towards a career in many fields including accounting, education, programming and business.

• Diverse course options: Connections Academy can meet the needs of a diverse range of students with traditional courses, Honors and AP courses and the ability to take college courses and NCAA approved courses while in high school.

• Student experience catalog: Through a wide variety of extracurricular activities, Connections Academy provides one of the most advanced socialization programs in the online school industry.

• Best for: students with other commitments; homeschooling families, especially those on a budget; and military families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs