2. Education
  3. Online Homeschools

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.21/5

Connections Academy Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

At first, the teachers and everyone seems so helpful and wants to get you enrolled. I specified that email is best communication, as I have very bad cell service and work from home. They say that this is not a homeschool and actually a public school but however I disagree. When my kids went to an actual public school, their grades were above average. At this school they are plunging fast and have no assistance from the teachers or principal. They even locked my parental account to submit their assignments because I didn't call them or receive their calls, when from the get-go I specified EMAIL was the best form of communication but all of the sudden that was not acceptable. Do not waste your time and send your kids here. It is more hardship and the education received is BELOW what kids need. I am withdrawing them ASAP.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Utah Connections Academy lacks the professional experience necessary to adequately meet the individual needs to its students. It took at least four years for UCA to have an assessment conducted on my son. The findings of the assessment paired the findings of an independent neurological Completed and submitted to the school, the prior year. The school called in a specialist to help with the IEP because the current team of administrators lacked knowledge of the process and failed to provide appropriately for my son.

As a result of our family’s experience at UCA, I filed a Complaint with the Utah State Board of Education. UCA has continued to openly refuse to follow through the State’s findings that would be in my child’s best interest. You are welcome to find me on FB and I will share the Complaint and Findings with you. You can also call the State Board and request a copy. If you have a child with special needs unenroll him now. If they have refused to provide assessments or provide services file a State Complaint.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Lady told me tuition to join this school for just one year would be nearly $6,000. That's nearly more than half of what I paid to get my degree for college. And not to mention if you enroll your child 3 months after their school starts, your child has to quickly catch up to ALL the work since ICA started. That's too much work.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

My son was failing in the open classroom. He could do the work if someone explained it to him. He rarely understood what was required of him and was passed on to the next grade because he was not a problem. I started him at home with Connections Academy. We worked together daily online through his classes. He began to understand and work through the modules himself and for the first time experienced a success. There are many classes he can do independently but there are also several we do together. This school does require parent participation. I know exactly what he is learning. He is more confident in his abilities and learning to be more self-directed. I do have to encourage him daily and push him to complete his classes. This is a great program for children who are self directed and also good for those who need pushed.

If you are a parent who is willing to review lessons, encourage and even be the teacher some days, then this school is for you and your child. I have a website called ** to encourage parents who have their children in this program or are considering it. I have a masters degree in Informatics, which is the study of how information flows across and through systems. I think this program is one of the best I have seen at presenting information in manageable increments. I have been able to email or phone his teachers with issues and help when we are stuck. I am an involved parent and know what classes my son needs me to sit down and help him with and what ones he can do by himself. This is his 4th year with Connections Academy and he gets better and better. Every job available to our children as adults will require interaction with a computer. Allowing them to learn on one can only benefit them in a career or college.

Connections Academy Company Information