2. Moving
  3. Shipping Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.97/5

DHL Gallery (4)

DHL Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with when sending a package internationally. (Central America) Even when I asked them to explain the process and costs they did not say anything. I had to deal with all the paperwork and fees with the government personnel to release my package at the port of entry. Then once DHL had the package in their hands, they send me a bill for 2x the value of the package. They argued they were government fees. And taxes (at 70%) which I do not believe. I asked them to send me the payment receipt to government since I knew I had paid for that already and they refused. Beware if you send something through them to Central America, you will end up paying as much as 4 times the value of your package. To me the company dealings and practices there seemed very fishy. I would never used them again and definitely would not recommend DHL International.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

Customer service was very bad. The agent was careless and unprofessional. Gave me wrong information which have caused me to make many extra calls and visit the delivery center more than once. Will not recommend to anyone. USE TCS OR FEDEX PAKISTAN FOR YOUR DELIVERIES.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Very unpleasant company to deal with. I've spoke to 10+ agents in 5 days that are unable to give me a straight or similar answer as to what is going on with my 2 packages. Duty has been paid on the first and every one of the agents say it's suppose to be here tomorrow. It's now been days in a row of the same exact response and I still have no package.

On the second package, agents say I haven't paid the duty (when I have proof they took my money), and the others say it's on hold for a totally different reason, but assure me it's going to be delivered the next day. It's now been a week of that same response and I have neither of my 2 packages. NO ONE, not even management actually has the ability to give a straight answer or solve an issue properly at DHL / DHL Canada. Even just getting on the phone with a team leader or member of management was a hard task in itself. They refused to put me on, and I was even hung up on.

After speaking with management I'm assured they are looking into the issue and I will receive an email or call back with a resolution and that DOES not happened. I have every single voice memo attached to my account if anyone wants to know how DHL's "valuable" customers are being treated, it's simply unacceptable in my opinion. This is why I'm choosing to share this experience in the hopes that this does not happen to anyone of you.

This is your clear warning: STAY FAR AWAY FROM DHL. Agents will do or say anything to get you off of the phone. All they are they for is to take your tracking numbers and read to you what it says. Anything else is out of their hands and beyond their control. If you contact me to review the calls just listen how many times I'm assured my package will in fact be here. After being promised it was going to be here again today my package is now with a totally different 3rd party shipping service that says it's not coming until "tomorrow" once again. DHL is a complete waste of time scam and are VERY far from international shipping experts in my opinion.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Would avoid if you can. I created my shipment on MyDHL+ online. My two stars is a reflection of the poor communication flow/customer service. DHL didn't pick up within the pick-up window, once it was picked up a week later and AFTER I contacted them multiple times, they held our package at an international border for clearance. This takes some time but without any email/phone calls of it's status I thought it would just take time. After 2 weeks, I called to check in and they informed me my package would be returned and that we would still be billed. We were directed to international phone numbers that didn't go through, even after talking to many U.S. customer service reps. They still charged us 100+ dollars. Will not be using again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I wish there was a 0 star rating for DHL. DHL lied about delivery attempts. They never came to my house and they said they tried delivering but no one's home. LIAR I called the customer service many times for help. They guaranteed 4 times to deliver my parcel the next day. Each day I ended up being so frustrated, here is what happened:

Sep 21: I request delivery on the next day and it was confirmed by DHL. Sep 22: I waited at home the whole day but no one delivered my parcel, I called the customer service and the rep said it would get delivered tomorrow FOR SURE. Sep 23: I waited the whole day and no parcel, called again and the rep PROMISED the next day delivery. Sep 24: NO PARCEL again and I called and asked for a manager, the manager named Ruth GUARANTEED it would get delivered on the next day. Sep 25: GUESS what, today is the Friday and still no parcel. I called and the supervisor on the phone said they could only deliver my parcel on the NEXT Monday.

It's fair to call DHL Liar at this point right? The specialist at DHL is like a joke. They sent you a scripted email and asked me to wait 2 days for a simple feedback on my parcel. Two days after, they sent you an email saying they closed my case because my "parcel is with the courier and it would be delivered today". BUT where is my parcel, LIAR?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

My experience is that sometimes DHL delivery is fast but sometimes packages are delivered late and only after filing claims or sending many e-mails to customer service (and occasionally package is lost, but DHL won't admit that). I personally will not use DHL ever again, domestic or international.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

On August 15-an item I ordered left the “Export facility” in Des Plaines, IL. Tracking stops there. Nothing further. No indication whether it’s even in Canada. The company I bought the item from says “it appears to be lost in transit.” It’s been over one month.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

DHL don’t take responsibility for the package that they said they delivered to my address. They never delivered my package to my address and they said they did. They cannot provide proof of a GPS beside a piece of the paper stated that, it’s a proof of delivery. This company make me want to throw up so bad.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I am currently without a cell phone, because expedited delivery apparently means over a week's time. This is absurd, and using covid as the reason for poor service seems to be a new trend businesses are using.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

My daughter was receiving a package. Driver wanted a signature but had no mask. I asked him to leave it at the door. He refused. I asked he wear a mask and then I’ll wear mine and I’ll come out and sign. He refused again and stomped off and drove off without leaving our package. What company hires and fails to train these people. We are in a pandemic. Did anyone tell DHL?

DHL Company Information