3.6/5 (598 ratings)

About DHL

DHL Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?

Original review: May 17, 2022

The text that my parcel was delivered came and I was at home and rushed downstairs to get it - NO parcel, No nothing. I had not heard the gate open (as I always do) and knew nobody had in fact delivered the parcel. The worst thing - the UK phone number is circular - no human and cut off - the UK chat service is circular and goes nowhere over and over again - the email is banked up so no response after days. No item and £30 out of pocket. Avoid and only get signed delivery if forced to.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I sent a package to India through DHL. DHL charged me in their airport central office. The package is held from 16 April 2022 till now. They neither returned it nor disbursed my money. It really sucks. They are claiming that they do not have control over the custom.

Original review: April 22, 2022

DHL has had my parcel for well over a week, yet they won't deliver it, even though I have been promised that it would be delivered every day since it arrived in their warehouse. All payments have been made, I have the receipt. They won't tell me why it's not getting delivered. They won't give me any explanations whatsoever. It's impossible to talk to a human, so I have been corresponding via live chat. They just say sorry for the inconvenience and that the parcel will arrive by 5 pm. This has happened EVERY day and it still has not arrived. Now they are running a trace on the package, so I have to assume they lost it and won't admit it. Terrible, terrible customer service.

Original review: April 22, 2022

DHL - the most Dumb Horrible Lousy courier service company in India. Never ever try this. They are burning your pocket while you book through them and then they make you cry to delivery your consignment. Our parcel was booked from Germany to Hyderabad India. At Bangalore airport on the name of KYC they ask TONS of documents - every time!!!!

After custom clearance of 7 days it is still not delivered to Hyderabad. While I contacted them - sorry for inconvenience, apology etc. Standard answer. While I wrote a strong email then today they called me and again, "Sorry for inconvenience and we are unable to reach out to our partner Bluedart"!!!! Can you believe this? They told they have no contact number of Hyderabad service area, via email they are escalating the issue and ensure the delivery!!! Which world are they living??? Just making people FOOL and PLAYING GAMES. I hope Vikas Anand - MD of DHL India - this review reaches and teaches the lesson to their bunch of Monkeys working with DHL India.

Original review: April 20, 2022

DHL is easily the worst delivery service. For two different packages I placed a vacation hold, got email confirmation that the packages would not be delivered until a certain date. Both times I received a message that the packages were out for delivery early, despite the vacation hold, and contacted customer service, and both times customer service assured me the packages would not be delivered until the agreed-upon date. The vacation hold was ignored both times and the packages were delivered early. One package was delivered 9 days early, the other was delivered a week early. After the package was delivered I contacted customer service yet again and the response was rude and unhelpful. There is nothing positive I can say about DHL. Incompetent and terrible customer service. If you have a choice in delivery companies, choose literally anyone else.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I did not think it was possible for a delivery company to be this slow. USPS is faster and has a lot more to deliver. Customer service is horrible. Puts blame on the seller for not selecting a more expensive shipping option to send your package. Tell you to contact the seller about delays. Which of course makes no sense since they gave the package to DHL. Package has been sitting in limbo for a week. Sent an email and of course got the runaround. It was given to DHL and they were supposed to hand it off to USPS. Well USPS hasn't gotten it yet for whatever reason. The seller is asking me to be patient before I ask for a refund. Good job DHL! Screwing over sellers and buyers. I will advise the seller not to use you guys anymore.

Original review: April 15, 2022

Awful!! Lost my shipment from UK. Swore it would be delivered today 4/14 instead of 4/8 when it was due. Was “out for delivery”. Still nothing. Horrible. Horrible. Do not use if you can avoid them. Horrible.

Original review: April 5, 2022

They cannot clear customs...4K lost. Never had that such bad experience with a courier company... Use UPS instead... the best out those shipping companies... They do not care, just collecting your money.

Original review: April 2, 2022

I recently received two packages that were delivered by DHL, both of those two packages were required signature, but DHL just dropped the package on the porch without even bother to ring the doorbell. All other couriers are at least ring the doorbell to let you know package is there but not DHL. I just wrote to the merchant that I will not buy from them again if they still use DHL for delivery. How difficult is to ring the doorbell? It just unbelievable. Customers pay for the signature confirmation and woant DHL to honor that.

Original review: March 26, 2022

Received my package today. Opened with an item missing when it was delivered today. Thankfully the company I purchased it from has good customer service. Every time I get a package delivered from DHL, there seems to be different issues.

Original review: March 24, 2022

This shipping company has got to be hands down the worst one. My motor parts had to come from the US and DHL was the only company that would handle freight for cheap, honestly worse decision. Pay the extra and get FedEx or UPS! It took forever to get the package (3 weeks) all because of their horrible customer service. You can’t call them because they don’t answer their phones and they never return their calls. Only way to get ahold of them is E-Mail or Live Chat on their website. E-mails took 24hrs each time to return a message. Customs and Duty is a joke there as well, if everything isn’t just so on your paperwork (country of origin, currency) you are going to run into big problems that are a pain to deal with because there customer service.

I eventually got my package but took me 3 weeks of messing around. If you're not on them about your whereabouts of your package I’m sure it would take even longer to get! Also my package came damaged, their careless forklift driver drove the forks into my engine parts and hit the most important pieces ($700 forged Wiseco pistons). I’m now going to be in contact with DHL to replace my damaged parts which I already know will be a nightmare! NEVER USING DHL SHIPPING EVER AGAIN AND I'LL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW TO NEVER USE IT!

Original review: March 24, 2022

Your customer service is the worst service I have ever encountered!! First off we was told our package would be here on March 22!! It was delayed due to weather!!! We didn't have bad weather, but was assured that it would be here the following day, they 23rd. At noon I called to see when it was to arrive. I was told it wasnt arriving, but I could go pick it. I drove 114 miles to be told it wasn't there. But again was guaranteed it would be here on the 24th! We have been lied to so many times. For the last 48 hours, I have called to talk to a supervisor and so has my husband. We was both told they would return our call within 2 hours!!

Original review: March 15, 2022

Our supplier in China send a package via DHL. Immediately we have arranged for our customs broker to handle the customs. For this reason the required forms were filled in the DHL a week before the parcel arrived to Canada. We called to find out - simple question- if the DHL received those forms. Hours of waiting for customer service, when they transfer you to the their customs brokerage department - so we couldn't get any answer - no one knows and they promise to call back. Now, the package is stuck in customs, because they didn't provide a required information to our broker. Again: waiting and waiting and no answer - you got to hire a full time person just to deal with the DHL - we are small business, and it draws resources and time crazy from our company, to deal with DHL.

We tried to open an account in DHL earlier, but the same package costed us several times more, and also - you need to handle two DHL accounts - one general, and one is in case you need to make a payment - total mess, not user friendly, complicated and time wasting for simple shipment. I was once of a good opinion of DHL, but dealing with them on the business side - became a nightmare.

Original review: March 10, 2022

I send a mail on February 9, 2022 containing my son's passport, birth certificate and all his immigration documents. On the 10th, the mail was on hold at Cincinnati Hub. I called they said they are waiting for the flight. Few days later, the mail was still on hold. I called back they said they could not find the mail and they open investigation.

On the March 8, I received a text message saying the mail is lost I have to fill a claim. My son missed his visa interview appointment twice. Customer service is unprofessional. To redo my son passport and birth certificate I have to travel abroad. Do you think DHL will pay my flight ticket and accommodation there? Are they gone pay my bill here. I am so disappointed. My son is 11 years old. How can you do that for a mum and son? Do you think mail can fly or walk? Is somebody just put my mail in the trash? I have been crying since February 10. I wish the I went to drop my mail at DHL never exist in the calendar. I wish I could rate 0 star.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Horrible experience with DHL, they dropped my package at a Post office 142 miles from where I live and then needed me to fix a typo in my address, I updated my address with them over the phone and they have since lost my package. I have called EVERY DAY FOR A WEEK and every person I talked to says they are going to get to the bottom of it and find out where it is and call me back and I haven’t gotten one call back. 0 out of 10 do not recommend DHL! If you need to resolve anything with them get the name and extension of the person you deal with so you can at least hold someone accountable for not following through on ANYTHING they say to you.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I have a store and buy and sell as well as a collector. When overseas buying they use DHL sometimes and issues every single time. Will never use and wish more warnings on reviews is search their user agreement just to check tracking. They sell your info and now requiring social security numbers should be illegal. Can't trust them leaking info.

Original review: March 1, 2022

Horrible company with nobody committed with customer. You call them and they always say "sorry for that". Even to know where is your package they don't know and worst, they give you the information that the package will be with you in determinated date and it never arrives. Do a favor to you and hire a professional company like Fedex or UPS.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I am very frustrated by DHL Express delivery that after providing address 2 times they kept saying incorrect street address. It is a standard US address where I receive mails from USPS, UPS, FedEx and what not except DHL can't find it for some reason. Talking to help desk gives no resolution why they can't find an address which all maps are showing correctly or other vendors can deliver. Only options I have is to go and collect 25 miles away from their office. I will never use DHL. Very poor service and unreasonable.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

I wish I could give you minus stars and add photos. Because of negligence my parcel worth rupees $1000 got spoiled. Parcel was lying in the facility for 3 days. No one took the initiative to inform us that the parcel is spoiled, they are pathetic, worst service provider. Nobody should ever trust them.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

I was trying to arrange a pick up. I called the customer service and they said that I will receive the documents within 1 min to 10 min. Never received the documents. I called again. I got bounced from one customer service agent to another. I was on the call for 45 minutes on every call. It was disconnected twice while I was waiting. The agent told me to call technical services to understand why I was not receiving the emails. Finally, when I called the technical services, he told me that the customer service recorded my email address incorrectly. I confirmed my email address with every one of the customer service agent but none of them were probably paying attention. None of the customer service agents spoke understandable English. I think the customer service seemed to have been outsourced to a non-English speaking country. After 2 hours on the call, I reverted to good old FedEx to get the label.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

Not only is DHL is slowest shipping service, but they have misdirected some of my packages a couple of times. Do not use their services and if you can, I recommend avoiding companies who use this service as well.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

My parcel travel all state in US and hold for 20days. No proper customer care support and service centers. **. Now it’s return in another tracking number and no one helping. Certified International Specialist. Customer Service DHL Express 1910 W Rio Salado Pkwy Tempe, AZ 85281 U.S.A.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

Paid $1100 for overnight delivery of my wedding invites. Currently 4 days late and was told it will take at least another 2 days. Their customer service agents and chat personnel are absolutely clueless. I really wish I used UPS or FedEx. Please pay the extra $ and someone else.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

If I could have chosen 0 stars I would have. Worst company ever! I called 20 TIMES in 4 days. I was lied to, told incorrect and incomplete information. We have 1 pkg coming from overseas and DHL did nothing to help me each time I called. I was hung up on, never got calls back from supposed "supervisors" and still do not have a package. This dhl mistake will likely cost me my job.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

They currently have 3 of my packages hostage after making no honest attempts to deliver. I live in an apartment building so need a phone call to let in the courier, but I have not received any calls and the attempts keep occurring when I am home. They do not leave a door hanger or any opportunity to pick up my package myself. Unacceptable level of service.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Horrible service. I ordered a tablet from a company that used DHL as their shipping service. Estimated to arrive Monday, no show, estimated to arrive Tuesday, "driver was unsuccessful". Contacted customer support, hung up on me, finally to connected with a live chat and gave the driver very specific instructions. FINALLY I got my package Wednesday. I ended up needing to return it, the whole cycle started over again, they are supposed to come pick up the package from me but have been no showing since Monday, it's now Wednesday and they came an hour early when I was unavailable (I had previously set my available times but that means nothing I suppose). My package is still no shipped back, never using this service again. I suggest you avoid it at all costs.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

First I would like to start off by saying that I have used many delivery/courier services such as Fedex and U.P.S and have never had a problem with both those services. DHL on the other hand is just plain horrible in every department: Customer service, Delivery, EVERYTHING. I ordered a package from them recently and they said it was coming today and I happen to have the day off so I thought what perfect timing? At the last minute (around 5pm) I get a text saying that I put in the wrong address.

I checked the address just to be sure, it was all correct. So I call customer service, and it was almost impossible how to navigate to talk to an agent or a live person. When I finally did they were of no help and told me they would get a hold of the driver attempt another delivery. This was all lip service as my package has yet to arrive. Before this, I bought a package that was 3 weeks late. DHL is just the worst business ever. Both times I had to pay substantially high duty for a shirt! I implore everyone to boycott this company and ask in advance to the retailers what form of delivery/courier service they use and if it's DHL, place your business somewhere else. "DHL. We don't care and it shows."

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Delivery person was very rude claiming to be afraid of our dog. She had a similar dog in the cab with her. She dropped my package at the door and told me to get away from her then tore out of my drive.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I paid my duty on 24 December, they said I receive my delivery in next two days. I was waiting for my parcel. I call many times. They said I will get next day but after three weeks they return my parcel without any reason.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

This company is terrible. 4 of my last 4 deliveries have been late, they text you saying out for delivery but DON'T show up, when they do show up they're rude and REFUSE to listen, the lady's knocking on door, I tell her from shower to leave package but she stands there like she can't hear, cameras watched her. They walk on my grass and talk to me like they're "keeper of my package" with unusual verification questions for a package sent from Amazon that didn't need verification.

DHL Company Information