Credit Solutions of America

Addison/Richardson, TX

Compare Debt Consolidation Companies

Research top Debt Consolidation Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Nearly lost our house due to them telling us "Do not pay mortgage". They lied to us about what credit cards were paid for. No responses, BBB ordered them to pay us back all monies. To date they have yet to pay the remaining 45%. We had to go into bankruptcy in 2010 due to them. Otherwise we would have been on the streets. They never talked to any of our creditors. Never Again.

They just called me today, and if your deal was the same they are offering now, it is an excellent way to get rid of credit debt. They offer a lower interest rate (an APR that averages 6%) compared to credit card companies who often demand 18%-24%. And they did emphasize I was selected due to my good payment history, so they could rely on me to make the payments. You do not say whether you 1) did you not understand the agreement, or 2) whether it was not disclosed to you.

This is a huge difference. If you didn't understand you had to make payments, you need help with your finances. If you bought things you could not afford, or you were paying bills with credit cards when you could not afford to pay them, there are better alternatives. Try friends and family, or a church, charity or government organization, someone who can advise you for free. If they did not disclose the details, complain to the Better Business Bureau and find a lawyer who will work on commission.

After the call, they made a second call, with just five questions that ensured I understood the terms of the agreement. At the end of the first call, the adviser reviewed the same questions, and I found one detail he did not make clear. He explained it well, so by the second call I understood the terms of the deal and was able to say "yes" to each question. I do not know yet whether this is the best deal I can get, but I have 2-4 weeks before I commit, so I'll see if there are better deals elsewhere.

The only concern I have is that it took some prodding to get all the details out of the adviser. In one case, I had 2.5 months left on a zero interest deal, and at first he claimed it would be better to add that card to his offer. His explanation made no sense to me, so after several times trying to explain, he asked me to wait. A short time later, he returned, and said he spoke with his supervisor and reversed his advice, saying I should wait until the zero interest period ended, then add that balance at that time. BTW, I had found a card (Chase Slate) that offered a good deal for balance transfers. Most cards charge 3% up front to do a balance transfer, so your real interest rate is not really 0. But the the Slate card offered 12 or 18 months of zero interest with no 3% "fee".

I signed up with them several years ago and was mislead about their service. They said I didn't need to pay my credit cards and they would take money out of my account and pay my debts. Several months later I was served papers from sheriff's that I was being sued for not paying. I called credit solutions and they said they would check on it then ask me how much money I could come up with to settle it. I went thru them because I didn't have money, the whole reason I went with them. Then they blew me off after taking couple thousand dollars from me for nothing. They are nothing but crooks.

I paid, was told the total was 700 but 50 off if you make larger down payment. I paid 450 up front and the rest were smaller payment. That last payment I drag my feet paying and "Bree" from that company called me every week until I paid that last $. Once that balance was taken out of my account, I never heard from her again. I called that number several times every day for about a week until some African American lady called me back and told me that location had closed and I will be dealing with her now. I lost the number she called me from but she told me that when my credit reports come, to fax them to this number 214-233-0758 and of course I haven't seen any reports to fax them anything. I have left several messages and NO ONE has called me back and when I went to the website, they took their website down. TOTALLY RIP off and I will not let them get away with this. By all means I will take this to the fullest extent! I kept every email and recorded every call.

They act like they really want to help. They have you pay a monthly amount and they get it all over several months and believe me won’t hear from them again. They are the worthless and get your credit worse than it ever was. Bill collectors calling worse than before even though they are suppose to deal with the calls. I don’t understand how they are still in business. They’re thieves and literally steal everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Solutions of America?

I too enrolled with credit solution and never got anything out of it. I paid 200 dollars a month payment until I was about 2000 thousand paid in when I was subpoenaed to court with one of my bad credit cards. And then there was no help from credit solution when I needed to get out of this court case, instead I got a big bill from the bad credit card and had to make payments to them to pay them off. So now I was paying 2 places. Well I stop paying credit solution and demanded a refund of all the money I gave them because they did nothing for me but make things worse and got my credit worst. But I got nothing from them. They never answered my calls or my letters. So I too am looking to see if there is a class suit against these people that I can get in so maybe I can get some of my money returned to me. I did contact BBB but it respond that it is a close business so I got no wearer with that. So help anyone thanks

I had signed up with Credit Solutions because I had lost my job and could no longer keep up with the payments. I was told that they would settle for a lot less than what I owed. I was receiving letters from the creditors and I called Credit Solutions. They advised me to send all correspondence to them and not to worry. I kept receiving letters and finally summons from court. I called them and was furious and asked what were they doing with my money. I was told that these were tactics that creditors use to try and get me to pay up without going through Credit Solutions. I believed them. They took my money for almost 3 years and now I have to appear in court for debts that they never paid.

I heard that there was a class action lawsuit, but I cannot find any information to sign up and try to get some of my money back. I had worked really hard to establish good credit. Now the only place that would lend me money would probably be one of those cash advance places. If you have any information as to how I can join the class action lawsuit, please let me know. I have been slowly trying to pay off the smaller debts first before I move on to the larger ones. I am ruined.

I hope you all kept and printed your emails from Credit Solutions. If you did, click on the blue highlighted creditsolutions.com/service/awards (they are still out there). I've been ripped off too of $5,600 and they didn't finish the job they were paid for. What is the law going to do about them?

This involves the experiences of two people: myself and my girlfriend.

Me: I wanted to just get the credit score, without being subscribed. I didn't realize that I was subscribing, so I got charged the $30 monthly fee before I realized it. Partially my fault for not reading the fine print, but they also should have been more clear about the stipulations (I thought I was only getting a $2 charge for the credit score, not an entire subscription).

My girlfriend: She also wanted only her score, so she was going to cancel immediately once her score was given. Unfortunately, she made a mistake filling out the forms online, so her transaction got lost. She called them, and the lady on the other end assured her that her account was cancelled and that there would be no charge. Lo and behold, she found out a week later that she was charged. She called them up to get the charges removed, but no one could/would help her. After several calls, she made it to what I can only assume was a supervisor. This supervisor assured her that she'd look into it, and since all calls were recorded, she would call her in the next couple of days to confirm whether the refund was issued. A few days later and still no call, nor any refund.

This company is poorly run. The staff doesn't know what they're doing and this company is borderline a scam outfit. I think I've read emails from Nigerian Princes looking to move their vast wealth that were more trustworthy. Avoid at all costs.

Referred by Century 21, they were short selling home for us. They were working out their office in Rancho Cucmanonga, CA. We paid $1895.00 upfront for credit repair in 6/2012. They were supposedly in Moreno Valley, CA. We haven't received calls back since our move and no return text. We have contacted Century 21; they have said it was now out of their hands and now refer to their mortgage handler who knows no one is in Century 21 office. It's frustrating after the short sale and move and we moved on 10/31/12. Now, it's the end 1/2013 and still there is no word. The next step is Consumer Affairs. We were waiting until after the holidays. I was told no credit repair should be paid upfront for fees until work is performed. Credit Solutions needs to be stopped or have them follow the law. It's so sad.

Currently, I am paying off a large debt managed by Credit Solutions of America. Today I called their number several times and got "The circuits are busy" 6 times. I went on the internet and got a number, which turned out to be another credit company. The person I spoke with told me they had gone out of business. I don't know if I should continue to pay $200.00 a month or if I am done paying off the loan. Does anybody out there have a number?

I paid over $150.00 for a credit repair kit with pre-printed forms for use with all of the different Credit Companies and received nothing. This "Kit" was supposed to be sent to me through the mail. With it, I was supposed to be able to challenge the mistakes on my credit reports. However, as of yet I have not received any information at all, and it has been just over a month. Now I have a bill but nothing to show for it.

I paid Credit Solutions thousands of dollars to help me settle a lot of unsecured debt after a divorce. Granted, they did help me with 3 accounts. But I still had a rather large one to tackle, and they just disappeared. No one answers the phone, and emails go unanswered. What do I do now? Is there a class action lawsuit going up? I'm not sure where to go with this. And it appears I'm not alone.

There seems to be some kind of trend here. I have signed up with Credit Solutions of America way back in October 2007. Thinking everything was going good up until I got a call from Midland Credit Management this past August 2012. Five years later! Apparently, one of my accounts that Credit Solutions of America supposedly has closed was not closed! I am very disappointed. I don't know what to do. Of course, I've paid lots of money to Credit Solutions, and to think that money is nowhere to be found has saddened me. If anyone could offer me some kind of help, I'd really appreciate it. I'd call Credit Solutions, but there's no contact information available on this company anymore. It's like they disappeared.

I paid Credit Solutions $8,000 to settle my debt of $32,000. I ended up contacting two creditors directly and worked out a payment schedule. In the end, I got a court order that they garnished my bank account for $8,200 with no warning. I called the court and they said that the deal was only good for 6 months. Credit Solutions stinks and cost me more.

I have paid Credit Solutions $10,551.30 to help settle my debt. Now, after they have taken my money, I cannot reach them! I have left emails and have tried several numbers to contact them!

The company disappeared. I have a few accounts with Credit Solutions in Addison, TX. Of all the accounts, only one was settled directly with them involved. One went to court and the others have not been settled yet. Now that I am trying to contact them, the phone does not work. They are not listed on the internet. My last contact from them was on March 6, 2012. Where is the company? They owe me money if they have not helped me settle my accounts.

Much like what seems to be the common trend now, I signed up for Credit Solutions a few years ago and now that I am ready to settle my accounts enrolled with them, I can’t contact them. Their website is down, no return answers for emails, and they don’t answer the phone. It seems like once they got the money I paid them to settle my accounts, they just disappeared! It’s just frustrating and now I don’t know what to do.

I signed up for Credit Solutions after being contacted by them. All of my cards were up-to-date and being paid down very slowly. They asked me if I'd like to get out of debt and not have to pay all the interest, so I started putting money into the account to settle my debts. They guaranteed settling at 50 cents on the dollar and hoped to do it at 30 cents. The first card was settled at around 39 cents on the dollar. I was supper happy about that. Next, I received a letter saying I was being sued because I hadn't made any payments on Credit Solutions' recommendations. I called and they said, "You better settle. You don't want a judgment against you."

So I settled at 80 cents on the dollar plus had to pay their court fees for sending me all the certified letters. That put me back to paying the full amount of the card. Then there is Credit Solutions' 30% too, so it cost me more to settle the account than it would have to pay it off in the first place. I would love a class action suit to help recoup the money I paid Credit Solutions. It was my own fault for signing up but when they contacted me, it seemed like it was a good way to help get out of debt. Now that they are paid off, they no longer return any calls.

We cannot get a hold of someone. We have signed with Credit Solutions and we have paid over $5,000.00 to have them help us reduce our credit card payments. Now that we are ready to make offers to the creditors, we cannot get hold of Credit Solutions in any form. Do you know how to contact them? If there is a class action against them, we like to be in. Thanks.

I have been trying since Monday to get a hold of someone at Credit Solutions to talk to so I can settle two accounts that I have with them because I am planning on moving out of the country. I have left numerous e-mails for someone to call me but have not gotten a call back. I have spent over four hours on the phone waiting for someone to come on the line so this can be taken care of. I'm very, very unhappy with the wait time for someone to contact me back. I want a response soon!

I signed up with Credit Solutions back in 2010. I paid them to help me settle my debt and I was going to be sued by the credit providers due to Credit Solutions telling me to ignore them. They set up payment plans for me but this was nothing special that I couldn't do on my own. Now I am still paying on my debt and it wasn't any less than it was before I signed with them. This company was a crock and I was hosed!

I paid all my fees to Credit Solutions (CS) upfront. Now, I no longer hear from CS; I cannot access their business by telephone, email, or the website. I settled one account on my own because CS failed to act. I am being sued by another creditor because CS failed to act in June of 2012. I am not happy considering I paid for a service that is non-existent. If there is a class action suit against CS, I would be happy to join in!

After my final payment, and even before, I can't get in contact with them. I have tried by phone and web through their website. Now, their website is down.

I signed on with Credit Solutions in February 2009. One account was settled fairly quickly. It was the one I wanted settled last. I had two others that were more important. I continued to put money in the account and they kept taking their payments. Once they were paid in full, all contact stopped. I have been trying to get a hold of them calling all numbers and emailing them with no response or a dropped call after 30 minutes. I am being sued by the one I asked to be settled first. They did not even contact them. This is a humiliating ordeal. I wished I would have paid them instead of Credit Solutions. My husband rags on me very often about how I am causing us to lose everything. The creditor threatened to sue if I could did not make at least the minimum payments. I lost my job and my health.

We signed on with Credit Solutions in October 2009. We settled one account fairly quick. We continued to put money in the account and they kept taking their payments. Once they were paid in full, all contact stopped. I have been trying to get a hold of them calling all numbers and emailing them with no response or a dropped call after 28 minutes. I was trying to settle my final account. Now, I don’t know what to do.

Unable to contact anyone at Credit Solutions: I supposedly reached an agreement with one of my creditors on February 1st 2012. I have yet to see the funds removed and paid to the creditor. I spoke once, after a 15 minute hold time with Latrice and was informed it could take up to 10 business days from the last of the month for the funds to be moved. That should have been March 14th 2012. It is now April 4th and no action or contact. I have sent emails and called on 3/21 and 3/26, holding for 30 minutes just to have the call dropped. Something needs to be done about this company.

After completing my payments to Credit Solutions, I have only been able to speak to someone 1 time. I just was waiting on hold for 28 minutes, and then they disconnected my phone call! I had 3 accounts still left open. I just settled one on my own, and I still have 2 others. And the companies won't talk to me, because they have to deal with Credit Solutions! I have left 15 voice mails for "David" at 1(972) 479-5039 since February 15, 2012. I have funds available to pay another card off, but I cannot without Credit Solutions! Can someone please help or direct me to someone who can?

Debt consolidation - After paying them $8000 and helping me settle 3 small accounts, they never returned my call, messed up my credit and never helped me to settle the other accounts. Everytime I call, the phone lines are busy and when you got somebody, they will hang up the phone.

My wife has been trying to reach Credit Solutions for over a month. For a while, she was getting put on hold, then the phones were completely out of service. Now, it is back to being on hold for over 30 minutes, no matter what number she calls. I have sent a few emails to the customer service portion, and all we get back is the automatic response email.

Credit Solutions of America Company Profile