Addison/Richardson, TX

1.2/5 (52 ratings)

Find Credit Repair Companies partners near you

About Credit Solutions of America

Credit Solutions of America is an online credit repair company that operates in Florida, Arizona, New York, California, Illinois and Texas. It offers full-service credit assistance that combines financial education and aggressive repair techniques to help consumers build a better credit history.

Find Credit Repair Companies partners near you

Pros

• Free credit consultation
    • Services start at $49 per month

Cons

• Only available in six states

Bottom Line

Credit Solutions of America is an online credit repair company that helps consumers remove negative or inaccurate items from their credit histories while teaching them healthy financial habits.

Credit Solutions of America Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Solutions of America?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Solutions of America?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2012

The story about Credit Solution, don't let them fool you; they never help you. I have bad experience with them. They got me paying almost $2000.00 and they help me. I help myself talking with the creditor. If one day you want to resolve your debt, it is better to do it yourself because Credit Solution is a company that only takes money from you and fool you. 100 percent promise and they never move one hand. I hope somebody will help with this kind of company. They are still in the market only to steel from the poor people.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2011

Since December 10th, I have tried numerous times to call and never any answer. I am trying to resolve an outstanding account and have paid in full all of my "upfront" fees about $2,300. Also, have sent several emails and no response! Are they still in business?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2011

I left multiple messages, after I was put on hold for 15 - 20 minutes, and trying all previous extensions. I had worked on trying to reach them in the past, only to unsuccessfully getting disconnected and no response, from this company this week. I have sent 4 or more email requests to contact me, but to no avail. It appears that they closed up shop, since I couldn't get through, from the customer line, or new prospect line. Please report this, and assist future customers from going through this terrible experience I'm going through. The issue on my account is still unresolved.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2011

When I signed on with them in 2007, the person I spoke to gave me the impression that part of the fees I would be paying would go toward helping pay off my debts. I found out later that was not the case at all. I managed to have two small debts settled through them, but they were unable to do anything that I couldn't do better with on my own with other larger debts. Now that they have been completely paid, I no longer get any emails about settlement offers and their website does not seem to function fully. I feel that I paid a lot of money, near $10-$12K, for absolutely nothing.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2011

I wish this website sharing the complaints on Credit Solutions was available to me the spring of 2008. Visiting it today has reassured me that I am not alone in my distaste and distrust of Credit Solutions which failed to meet the obligations within our contract. Not only is their website down, today I was told that the system is also down and they would have to call me back which is a consistently broken promise.

Lengthy waiting times on hold, 25 min. and more. Failed delivery of what was promised to regularly work with my creditors. Often my previous conversations and faxes have not been documented or filed, leaving me to recite the history of my several attempts to communicate. Once I do get connected, I wait more time while that person is searching for the last person I spoke with instead of picking up where the other left off. Later, I am told that they no longer work there. The person I spoke with last Thursday promised to call back and I have still not heard from him. I have placed 3 calls since then and they keep on leaving message reminders to Andrew to call me back. This goes all the time and often throws the account into a deeper and more expensive ravine. On 3 accounts, I ended up reversing the power of attorney in order to settle directly with the creditor and got a better deal for it. My creditors have produced a log of contacts to this company about my accounts both by phone and mail yet they receive no more response than I.

I do not believe Credit Solutions has any type of log or plan for that matter to fulfill our contract. This company doesn't settle anything. It only causes a stressful relationship between me and the creditor to deteriorate. The only good thing I can say about this company is that they bought me time and helped me to realize that I could have done this directly with my creditors for far less money. I have ended up doing all the work and made it worse on myself by investing too much time following up with them to do their own job. The fee that I was charged is based on the percentage of the total debt. The end result is that the few dollars they mildly negotiated is far less than what was contracted and paid for.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2011

They have taken the web site down. I have paid them over 2 years with little or no results. The recent withdrawal from my account was for Augur, Inc. I have no clue who that is and I was not notified of any changes. I should only have one payment left but have no way to verify or stop them. I'm very dissatisfied with the service for the huge cost. If a class action law suit is filed, I want to be included. This is absolutely a rip off. I did more on my own then they ever thought of and I am no farther ahead then when I started.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2011

Pretty much everything that has been described by everyone in this forum was done to me - the promises, late email, awful customer service, and so on. We, as a family, were looking for any help at the time. This company made everything worse. Exactly what's wrong with this country is that the rich try to get richer from the poor. Times were tough. We were desperate. We thought it was a way out. It caused numerous nights staying awake trying to figure things out.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2011

Much like the other complaints here, CSA did nothing for us. In fact, they cost us more than if we just paid them what we owed. Of the 6 creditors we submitted, the three were settled myself faster and at a better rate than what they were trying to get. The other three all ended with judgments against us. The first was Capital One. Capital One informed me at the hearing that they submitted a settlement to CSA at about $1000 less than what the total owed was. I was never informed. Now because we could pay, they've sued, got a judgment and placed a lien on my home. The 2nd was my wife's Capital One and the same thing happened there. The third was an account that a settlement was reached, payment arrangements were made, but the payments apparently either never reached the creditor or CSA forgot to withdraw them. In either case, the creditor resumed collections.

When I informed CSA, I received no response. I finally did get a hold of someone when I sent them a copy of the claim to suit. CSA's response was, "oh, we ignored it because we assumed it was an error and that the payments crossed with their letters". Hello! This was a year later! I filed several complaints with CSA, including asking for a full refund because they guaranteed to settle my debts and they did nothing of the sort. I'm wondering if anyone has considered a class action suit against CSA? I would love to sue them for what they charged me, plus any extra for the 3 creditors that they botched the settlements.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2011

Credit Solutions has done nothing to help us get out of debt. They just took our money (lots of it) and we didn't get anything in return!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2011

I also gave this company a lot of money and got nothing resolved.

Original review: June 13, 2011

I paid this company roughly $2200.00 to help settle my debt. The claims they made about what they could and would do have not been met. I just tried to access the website and it has been blocked out. No one will answer any of the phone numbers I have found listed for them. I fear they have ceased the business and I have been cheated. I feel strongly about getting my money back from these crooks. I feel bad for everyone else who has also fallen into this trap.

My credit has been ruined, I have been taken to court twice now by collection agencies.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2011

Do not waste your time and money with Credit Solutions. They assured me that I would be debt-free in less than 3 years. It has been one year and I have paid them over $1000, and they have done absolutely nothing. Now, I have to go to court to settle an issue that I could have handled myself and saved that money! Don't fall for this company's false hopes!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2011

I had signed up with Credit Solutions in April 2007 with the promise that they would reduce my credit card debt. After paying them nearly $10,000.00, I only settled with three of my credit cards. And I ended up being sued by American Express for $17000.00. They promised everything to get you hooked but would not settle to what they promised. I ended up going bankrupt.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2010

Credit Solutions has been calling my phone number constantly looking for someone who I am not, who I do not know, who I am not related to, and who I do not even share a similar name. The automated message system does not work. The recording gives you number choices if you are, or are not that person, but it repeats the message over and over again no matter what you type. I have talked to several people several times at the company to fix the problem but it continues. I just talked to someone again tonight and he assured me that it would be resolved. This is not the first time I have heard this.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2010

I was advised that I should still try to pursue this since I trusted this company in July of 2007. Shortly thereafter, April/May of 2008, I had to file bankruptcy as they did not handle my debts as they told me they would. Here is my information on the series of the events from then.

I am writing to inform your company that your ridiculously late email informing me that Capital One has accepted a settlement for my account has come too late. I must explain why, and then also inform you that I insist that you no longer assist me with my credit. Here is why. Back on March 10th 2008 or a day or two within that date, I spoke to a representative for Capital One (M. ** at 888**). He told me that they had received no money from Credit Solutions, only a cease and desist letter. He told me that they refuse to allow Credit Solutions as a mediator for my debt; and as the person extended the credit under contract, I was inevitably responsible.

He told me that they have had many issues with people who have hired Credit Solutions to assist them with the debts and suggested that I contact the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General since it was not was what I expected. He told me that if I did not get back to him within 24 hours, they would send my account to court and be sued for the money. When I called your company that same day after speaking to Matt, I tried to contact Amanda, my initial contact with your company, and found out she was no longer available. I spoke to a Carlos, I believe. When I called I was in total shock when I found out that 7 months after enrolling in your program, none of the creditors had been sent anything yet! Carlos then told me that and he apologized profusely, but I misunderstood the way the program works. The $700 some-odd dollars that Credit Solutions had taken from my account already had, in fact, only gone toward my fee, which was taken up front!

This was not my understanding of the program. How would that help me?! There it was, seven (7) months into thinking the creditors were already dealing with your company, I did not have contact with them as I was told. Then when I finally did talk to one of them, they informed me they would not accept the settlement through your company and I was being sued.

In all of these events, here is my situation. As stated, the creditors are so behind that now I am being threatened with legal action and being sued. I have since gone and sought legal counsel, and have no other choice than to now file bankruptcy now. Also, I cannot and will not accept your company's assistance any further it has done nothing for me. It was totally misrepresented to me when I spoke to Amanda at the very beginning. I was told it was a three-year process to pay off the debt; I was not told the creditors wouldn't be given anything until the fee was paid up front. I would not have bothered doing that! There are other legitimate companies out there that will assist and start paying immediately.

Therefore, as your program has done absolutely nothing to help me credit wise and has actually thrown me into bankruptcy as my only option, I insist on a refund of the full amount of money that was taken from my account in the last 8-9 months (totaling some $800-plus). If do not get a refund of my money within 30 days, I will file a complaint with the Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau as suggested. I will also look for a lawyer who will be willing to represent me to get my money back from you. I am a single mother who is struggling to make ends meet. I thought your company was going to help my situation, instead it made it worse by dragging out more fees accumulated with the creditors, to the point I could never pay them back.

I am also immediately rescinding my power of attorney from Credit Solutions. I also insist that you cease and desist taking funds out of my checking account electronically. I strongly urge Credit Solutions to refund my money in full if they wish to not have further action taken. You may contact me if you wish to discuss the refund. Leave a message on my cell phone and tell me in detail who is calling and why. If I do not hear an answer on this by May 22nd, I will proceed with my complaints and seek legal action.

All I got was them calling me and telling me that I didn't read the fine print, that they would take their 15% up front before they would even deal with the agencies. And at the rate of the $115 per month they were taking out of my account that would have taken about 10 months. I never got any money back. I then had to file bankruptcy as a result. As a single mom with loss of work for medical reasons, I found out too late that I had two or three of the debtors had taken me to court unbeknownst to me while I was not in contact with them (as I was told to do by Credit Solutions). When I did consult a local lawyer, he told me at that point the only option I had was bankruptcy.

So now two years after my bankruptcy, I am finding that there are many complaints about this company. If there is any type of lawsuit or action against them, I'd like to receive my $800-plus back! And at best, I'd love to get restitution for the bankruptcy and damages incurred as well, as this gives me a black eye for 10 years.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2010

We enrolled with Credit Solutions in October of 2009. Brent, the sales rep, promised that they would help us to settle our credit card debt. He told me they would stop garnishments, legal actions and handle negotiation with our creditors. My husband's company had downsized and he took a substantial pay cut just to keep from having to take a layoff. At this point, we had to choose between credit card payments or keeping the utilities turned on. Our monthly fees weren't overly large, $62.62 a month. That would have made the minimum payment on 3 of our 5 credit cards. Even though they wouldn't take on my medical bills because we didn't owe enough to one single medical office to qualify, we agreed to join at the recommendation of a friend rather than file bankruptcy.

Our first settlement came soon, only 5 months after joining. It was a decent offer, not great but decent. We still had some of our income tax refund left just for this, so we settled a $900 and some debt for $375. I received a letter from a law office saying one of my accounts had been turned over to them for legal action. I called and talked to a professional lady, who reassured me that everything would be alright. She quoted me the contents of the letter nearly verbatim and told me not to worry, they were just trying to scare me. CS reps were calling me to check in regularly and I thought everything was fine until my 14-year old son called me at work. He was scared to death because a police officer had come to my house and made him sign court papers that were for me. I called CS for 2 days before I actually got to talk to someone. I got the "we'll call the law office and I'll call you back before the end of the week" speech.

Two weeks later, I was surprised to find that the extension that the rep had given me was not recognized by the CS automated phone system. They finally called me back and informed me they had a settlement with the law office payment in full of more than what I originally owed plus court cost and fees. It had to be paid within 60 days in two rather large payments. I didn't like it, but we put our necessities on hold to make the payments. Two weeks after the second payment was drafted from my bank account, I was served with court papers yet again from the same law office. I called, very upset, thinking that they were trying to milk me twice but I quickly discovered that this was a different account. I informed them that CS would be handling this account as well. I called CS to inform them of the second court notification, got the "I'll call you back before the end of the week" speech and was promptly rushed off the phone.

I waited 2 days and called back, only to get so frustrated by waiting on hold for over an hour that I hung up. This process was repeated numerous times. Twice, CS called me during my work hours (I have told them more than once that I can't answer my cell phone during business hours) but when I would call back, then the extension would be invalid. A settlement came in on my big account and it was a tremendous $495.00 offer on a bill I originally owed over $2400. Nervously, I clicked the accept button because I couldn't get through on the phone to talk to a real person at CS. I waited for a confirmation, a phone call, some indication that they acknowledged my acceptance of the offer. There was none, rather I got a letter from my bank showing that my bank account was overdrawn. While I am sweating bullets trying to figure out where to come up with more money to cover all the overdraft fees, I get garnishment papers in the mail from the law office. CS had never contacted them to settle the second account I had been served court papers against.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2010

Back in May 2009, I signed up with Credit Solutions. The person that set up my account name was Allison **. I told them my situation to why I came to them for help. In June 2008, I was laid off from my job. I did not get a job until May 2009. When I tried to activate a lot of my gap insurance for my credit cards and loan, I was told out of nowhere that I did not qualify for the insurance that I paid or was paying and that they wanted money. They said that I had to live off my cards while trying to find employment. I told them that I had 10 or 13 creditors and I need help settling debt and paying people off. Allison told me that I came to the right place. I was to make $350 a month payments that would be taken out of my checking account automatically. They would do the rest. Well, that was May 2009.

I was sent links to fill out LPA that I had to send out certified to all of my creditors. That was about $50 of postage. I heard nothing from them. August rolled around and true to form; they would take their $350. I was wondering why I had not heard any updates or why nothing was coming my way to settle. I called them and was told, well, the money that they were taking from my account was only account step up fees. That money was not going to pay my debts. They said that they will only be drafting from this point forward $156.00 from the $350 a month for account fees and administration services. The rest of the money will stay in my account until I notify them that I have about 10% saved of the highest amount owed and only then will they start negotiation services. This went on until Nov./Dec. 2009.

I got an offer to settle over 6 monthly payments. Then, I got another notice that Credit Solutions (CS) had negotiated another account for 3 payments of $600. I called them and asked why I was getting that offer when I was told my monthly payments were not going to be over $350. They said that I had to decline this offer and they would work to get something that I could afford. Then, I was asked if I could give $400 more a month, $800 a month in total to pay off the debt. Please understand each time I faxed, emailed, or called in about my account, I got a different person. They told me each time that I would need more money to settle and I would have to decline offers and recounter an offer. They just served as a messaging system at $157.00 a month.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2010

I hired Credit Solutions to help with significant debt caused by a divorce. Just as other customers stated, they told me not to contact my creditors, to refer my creditors to them, etc. So, after paying them $5,812.74, I ended up having to settle two of my creditors myself. Two other credit cards I ended up paying more than the balance, and only one did they settle for me. After being promised to be out of debt in three to five years, I now have to pay back a $30,000 line of credit to Bank of America directly. Even though this account was charged off to a third party, Credit Solutions never negotiated anything with them. So, after all this money spent, I am now spending an additional $552 a month to pay this off.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2010

They promised to help me settle with Discover and CitiCard. I was to pay only 40% of what I owed them. They were paid almost $3,000. Discover filed suit against me. When I called to ask for their help, one of their representatives tried to blame me. They really did make my credit worse. I feel really ripped off by this company. I really hope other consumers are smarter than I was and check their background. I really wish I could do something to get my money back. I could use this money to pay off some of my debts.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2010

I used Credit Solutions Company for settlement of my credit cards. I paid 15% of total from my credit cards. Then, I had problem with my credit card from Citibank. It’s because at the moment when they did the settlement, it's not really a settlement. It was a payment plan and they never told me that. And I paid to Alliance One (Citibank attorney-office) the amount $ 6.372.20. Aside from that, I requested for a letter of settlement from them. Credit Solutions never sent it to me. Now I had a balance of $9,100.00 with Citibank. I called Credit Solutions several times. They never answered. I don't know what I am going to do. I just had problem with this credit card.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2010

"Credit Solutions Wins Important Fight Against Florida Attorney General's Office Dallas, TX -- Aug. 26, 2010 -- Credit Solutions, a market-leading debt settlement company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, won an important victory on behalf of its existing debt-burdened Florida clients in the Hillsborough County Circuit Court. The victory came during a temporary injunction hearing held on August 16 in a case brought by the Florida Attorney General's Office.

If the current Attorney General had prevailed on his claims at the hearing, thousands of debt-strapped Florida customers who rely on Credit Solutions to help them settle their credit card debts could have been left without a critical ally in this crippled economy. Despite the claims made by the Attorney General's Office, Credit Solutions clearly established that it should continue to serve its current clients while transitioning its growing business to fit within federal debt relief regulations recently released by the Federal Trade Commission, an exciting process already under way and readily embraced by the Credit Solutions Team.

Credit Solutions helps consumers reduce their credit card debts by bargaining with the credit card companies on behalf of its individual clients. Credit Solutions uses its experience, institutional knowledge and relationships with the credit card lenders to negotiate settlements for its clients.

In 2009, the Florida Attorney General filed a civil lawsuit against Credit Solutions, claiming violations of several state and federal laws. Based on the accusations, the Attorney General's Office demanded that the court prohibit Credit Solutions from enrolling new customers in the State, from charging fees to its current Florida customers and from advertising via its website. The Attorney General also demanded that the court take several other actions against Credit Solutions. Last week, the court rejected a majority of the Attorney General's requests.

At the most recent hearing on August 16, after considering testimony and weighing evidence of the work Credit Solutions has historically provided to Florida consumers, the Hillsborough Circuit Court denied a majority of the Attorney General's demands. Instead, the court entered an order requiring Credit Solutions to refrain from collecting an advance fee from any brand new customers in Florida. This is a step Credit Solutions is already in the process of making to comply with the new Federal Trade Commission debt relief rules. The court concluded that its ruling would not apply retroactively and that Credit Solutions could continue to serve its existing Florida customers. In the course of issuing the order, the Court explained as follows: '[P]art of my reasoning is they do provide a service to the consumer. There has been debt reduction and settlements with many, but from this day forward, no advanced fees.'

About Credit Solutions Market leader Credit Solutions is recognized by the American Business Awards for the "Best Customer Services Department in Financial Services. " A charter policy partner of the United States Organization for Bankruptcy Alternatives (USOBA), Credit Solutions is certified by BSI Management Systems for USOBA best-practice compliance. "

Original review: Aug. 23, 2010

I trusted these people. I have saved one e-mail that tells me to ignore my creditors so I did not need to get in touch with them. Unfortunately, Target sent me to a debt collector, Howard Lee **, who worked out a.payment plan for Target. Unfortunately, they have a liein on my house.

I would have tried to work something out with Target before it went to ruin my credit. I tried to open a closed account and my credit is ruined. I never had this happen before in my life.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2010

I agreed to use their service. They began to withdraw $130 from my bank account. After 5 months, I settled with my credit card company and they refuse to refund my $650. This money was intended to be used in a savings account until I accumulated enough to pay of my cred it card settlement.Do not use Credit Solutions! They keep $650 of my money and will not refund even though they did absolutely nothing!

Original review: July 28, 2010

I have been harassed, and no matter what I am paying them, they still call for payment, they have threatened me with legal action. And no matter if I am in collections, they still are sending me magazines. No matter what I say, they say that they cannot stop the magazines. This magazine thing has caused me to wonder about the people out there. I did not sign anything, and when I try to cancel, they say that I can't. This has caused my family to be afraid to answer the phone.I have been harassed, and no matter what I am paying them, they still call for payment, they have threatened me with legal action.

Original review: July 23, 2010

Credit Solutions did not help settle any of the five accounts I registered with them. When creditors started calling me, I took more loans to pay and I settled the accounts myself. Credit Solutions were harassing me to pay them the retainer fees, but they did nothing. All my debts went higher and my wages have been garnished.

Original review: July 20, 2010

These people haven't done anything for me in the past two years. I paid and continue to pay for services that they have not provided for me as what they promised when I signed up in 9/08. They are not even calling me with offer or news. I haven't called them and neither have they. They are the worst company ever that I even settled accounts on my own. I am stressed out to the limit for any normal human being. I continue to have to pay every month for services I didn't get. I still get all of the calls and nasty letters from my collectors. I can't take the pressure anymore and the worst of all is that my credit is ruined.

Original review: June 28, 2010

I signed up for Credit Solutions around February 2008 thinking I was going to have someone negotiate settlements with my creditors as promised by Credit Solutions. When I first learned of Credit Solutions, I thought this was a good route to go since I had no collateral for a debt consolidation loan. Credit Solutions instructed me to stop paying my credit card bills and that they would be negotiating settlements for me. This was a huge mistake because this made my credit score drop and caused more problems. Credit Solutions also charges a monthly fee for being in their program.

As the days and weeks went on and Credit Solutions still charging me for doing nothing, I made phone calls questioning them on why they haven't attempted to negotiate settlements. Credit Solutions’ response was, "Oh, we didn't know you had the money to make a settlement." They also told me they would get right on it and call back the same day. This went on for over 3 months before I attempted to cancel their services. Canceling with Credit Solutions took me over around 2 hours with being transferred to numerous counselors, operators, supervisors, etc. Do not waste your time with debt counseling services. You can negotiate settlements yourself or another suggestion. Pay the minimum on your credit cards with a higher balance and put more towards the card with a lower balance until paid off, then move on to the next one. This will help you see the light at the end of the tunnel to this seemingly endless debt train. I paid around $300 or more to Credit Solutions who did absolutely nothing but make my credit score worse, increase interest rates, incur late fees, and cause debt to go into collections which started the endless number of phone calls and collectors threatening to take legal action. Do not use Credit Solutions.

Original review: May 22, 2010

I was taken to the Cleaners by Credit Solution. Here is what they don't tell you. You owe $10,000. You pay the company 15%. You settle for 50% so that is $10,000 - $1,500= $8,500. You settle for 50% which is $5,000 of the $10,000. But, you owe taxes for the other 50% to Uncle Sam 28% average, about $1,400. So you just paid $1,500 their fee, $5,000 50% off settlement and $1400 for Uncle Sam total $7,900, savings of $2,100.

Original review: May 18, 2010

My recent credit report shows 2 collections so I called them about it. Michell said they were for BMG and one was for $186. I told her that I didn't owe that and would like to have the contact information for BMG, which she refused to give me and refused to take this off my credit report. I only received one thing from BMG. I canceled after that and I haven't received anything else from that company. How can I resolve this if this third party company refuses to give me information on how to reach the company they are representing? This lowered my credit score and makes it difficult for me to get the credit that I need to repair my home.

Original review: May 16, 2010

I signed up with Credit Solutions in Aug. 2007 with almost $23000 in credit card debt. I stayed with them throughout the entire 2 year payment process and was told I had an estimated payoff date of 4 years total. During my initial 2 years, I paid off a total of $5000 of the biggest card. Less than one month after I paid them their final payment (I ended up giving them $3500), I was served by the Sheriff by one of the other cards. So now there are legal fees involved. The initial amount for this card had been about $4400. On the court documents it was now up to $7600! They eventually settled for the bargain price of $6000! I was then told I would be sued again if I didn't settle the other account by the same company which started at about $2500 and they settled for $4000! The only reason I was able to take care of any of this is because my mom took out a loan against her house to help me pay this all off (Thank God!). All told, I have paid almost $24000 when my estimated pay off amount was $9100. I am still paying my mom off and will be for quite a while!

Credit Solutions of America Company Information