Call toll free
3.53/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Lexington Law are the trusted leaders in credit repair. Over the past 25 years, hundreds of thousands of people have relied on Lexington to help make sure their credit reports are fair and accurate. In 2015 alone, Lexington Law successfully removed 7.5 million negative items from clients credit reports.

The average client saw 10.4 negative items removed within the first 4 months. While results can vary, Lexington Law has strong relationships with all three bureaus, enabling direct lines of communication for disputes.

We offer different levels of credit repair to ensure a client’s needs are met. Though our main office is in Salt Lake City, Utah, and our services are provided online, we are assisted by lawyers in states around the nation.

View More View More

1448 Lexington Law Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

As a general rule, I’m not big on reviews because they’re time consuming. Like most people, I only leave feedback when something is VERY GOOD or VERY BAD. Let me preface the remainder of this review by clearly stating that I have ABSOLUTELY NO outside affiliation with LexLaw or any of its employees nor am I receiving ANY compensation of any type for this review. If you’re considering using a service to help restore your credit, I AM YOU! I had a WHOLE LOT OF “LIFE” hit me in a short period of time and I picked up ALL of the financial bumps & bruises that come along with that. Job loss, divorce, health issues (in that order) and when the dust settled, I was left with a mountain of things to take care of and a 540 credit score.

FULL DISCLOSURE ... I have no idea how they do what they do. There is a lot of email traffic explaining this inquiry and that inquiry, this challenge and that, an escalation here & there, blah, blah. I’ve always had the ability to be as engaged in this process as I wanted to be but if I really wanted to get involved in the nuts & bolts of it, I’d have done it myself. Here’s the important part... In less than 2 years, my score went from a 540 to 715 as I’m typing this review. The progress was steady over a period of time so it’s not like they flipped some switch and my score jumped. If you’re serious about improving your credit profile, reasonable in your expectations about progress, and able to let “time take time”, this service will yield you AMAZING RESULTS!!!! LexLaw has my HIGHEST POSSILE endorsement and I’d recommend their service to any and everyone. Try it!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Repair Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have been with Lexington Law for about 5 months. I had 7 things come off my credit. It’s not a fast process due to wait on the credit bureau to respond but it’s not Lexington Law's fault. You gotta remember there just the middle man working for you now. Some people freak out because the score goes down after things come off your credit that are bad but it will go back up. I promise the only reason it goes down is because even though it is a bad thing on your credit it still is a history account so when that account gets deleted a few points will come off but your points will start going up in time.

It’s better to delete and lose a couple points for something bad on your credit rather than leave it on your credit and have creditors see this when they pull your credit report so it is normal for the score to go up and down as Lexington Law is working for you. After everything bad is off your credit then your credit score will just keep going up as long as you keep credit balance down and make all your payments on time. Key thing is even if it takes 7 months to get everything off your credit it’s worth it in the end because you don’t have to stress about if someone is gonna see something bad on your credit and not approve you for a loan.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

The paralegal that updated me on my credit progress, also informed me that I had a late bill. Part of the reason I am getting help with my credit is because I struggle with low income. But I can’t get a higher paying job unless my credit goes up. The way Lexington Law customer service and paralegals conduct themselves while trying to collect a payment is so patient. When I am a day or two behind on my bill, is really so helpful the way the communicate. I feel like I am treated like a person that Lexington Law is helping, and not just like a customer that can be profited from.

I sincerely I appreciate all the good work done at Lexington Law and the integrity and professionalism of the customer service reps and paralegals. Lexington Law provides immense value and the paralegals add to that value every time I interact with them. My credit has jumped 50 points and has made me eligible to buy a home, get a better job, and gave me some peace of mind. I can finally relax a little. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Well, Where to start? I Hired Lexington Law in Nov 2017. The First Item that was deleted was a 1600 Tax lien About 2 -3 weeks after signing up. The first month 2-3 Collections deleted. I Didn't get any mail from the credit agencies but I watched as they went Bye-Bye through credit monitoring Myself... Credit Karma and WalletHub have been the best for me. WalletHub updates around 6 am every morning. Both are free. I paid Lex 99 a month for about 6 months. They deleted 80% of my collections during that time Which was 16 of them across the board for all 3. They are completely OFF. I did a couple things like Paying Capital One for a secured card and Discover. Both Offered zero annual fee and approved me instantly online. My credit score at the time was around 570's.

Fast forward to April. My transmission went out on my car and I have a family and need a vehicle. Credit Karma was showing me at 648 and Equifax at 640 so I knew I could qualify for a car loan. I went to the dealership and they ran my credit and it was 708 trans and 695 EQ. I learned then, it's good to use the free monitoring, but the scoring model is very different when buying a car or a home. I wound up getting 7% int from Chase and not having to worry at all about my credit. Lexington Law was behind me every step I have taken. They are super to work with and I will continue to tell of their good deeds.

Original review: July 24, 2018

So I was and am very skeptical of this place just because it's such a common area for scammers (credit repair agencies that is). So far though, they have been pretty decent. I signed up about a month ago after having missed 3 student loan payments and my score dropping 100 points. Went from 720 to 620 overnight... So I looked up this place and thought why the heck not, I'm paying 90 bucks a month or so and it's been a little over a month of service. Today I got an email saying that 3 items had been removed from my Equifax report. I got super happy! I probably could have done this on my own as people have said but I really don't care enough to look into it.

My only complaint is the amount of time it takes. I know they can't work miracles but it does seem as others have pointed out that they kind of milk the time in order to get more money out of the whole process. This makes sense considering if they dropped the items within 1 month then everyone would just cancel right away. But, they'd have way better reviews. That's my only concern. I would even be willing to negotiate a larger sum of money after the items are removed just to speed things up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexington Law?

Original review: July 10, 2019

They do not have time to cater to individuals needs anymore.. They have grown so much over the years you are really just a monthly deposit to them. You can not get them on the phone, you can not ever get answers.. Really sometimes I went three months before I seen an update. I paid their top tier hoping things would work. There are so many smaller companies out there that still work with you individually and sometimes can get actual results. Nothing is guaranteed in the credit game but I recommend going to the second or third company on the list. They may actually work with you.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I signed up a few months ago to clear what a "paralegal" told me were charges from 2011 Fedloan delinquency. I was not making student loan payments at that time due to being in school. Because of this I opted with them to challenge the report as it can't be delinquent if I am not required to pay. After hundreds of $ and no progress, I called and was now told that the charges were reported in 2016, which makes them valid. I asked to cancel and they talked me into staying with them because I wouldn't get charged again until 2 months from that date. After contemplating staying with them a week I called up to cancel, which another "paralegal" told me different information yet again, and tried to get me to stay with Lexington.

After I confirmed cancellation (a week later not 2 months later) I was then told I would still be charged two months from now due to their "billing cycle". In summary they tell you what you want to hear and try to be over friendly to make you doubt your decision to leave them. The hundreds of dollars I spent was wasted and could have been utilized in other ways. The information from every "paralegal" will vary and sometimes contradict another's. Very disappointed.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 8, 2019

They should change the name from Lexington Law to Lexington Credit Repair. They just send disputes like any other credit repair company, do not sue for FCRA violations, keep track of violations or file complaints or on your behalf. I stayed 8 months, had a total of 21 negatives, had a total of 6 deletions. A paid collection which appeared on all 3 reports which counted as 3 deletions, 1 collection on Experian that was almost 7 years old, a old repo on Experian (in all fairness that was a good clean deletion). Another huge collection from Equifax came off but only after I contacted Equifax about my concern. Other than that I received the same response from creditors each month with no results. Note (Dealing with Experian once they dispute a item they don't touch it again for 6 months.)

Dear Brian,

We reviewed your concerns regarding your tenure with Lexington Law Firm. We have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matter and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you. An email was sent to you with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 4, 2019

Stay away. Waste of money and time. Been with them over a year, 8 items removed 7 by myself not them. You call and they to talk and they just double talk you. Nothing I was originally told has happened. Save your money. In this time span my score has gone backwards and I have been taken to court listening to them, hence I removed things myself which sucked and cost me a real lawyer to do. I was dealing with someone else first and should have stayed there. They negotiated and helped me but cost more. I was told they could that at half the price. Well they cant and dont. Just a bunch of letters sent that you can do. And watch I bet I get answer here saying we tried to reach you. No I try to reach you and get treated like I am dumb.

Dear Kyle,

Thank you for your feedback. We have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matter and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you. An email was sent to you with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I've had subscription with Lexington Law for over 6 months now and still have 0 progress. I wanted to remove charged off accounts from my credit and had done all Lexington requested. After 3-4 months there was no progress made besides sending in letters and I contacted to see how the outcome is looking. They just tell you open ended answers to keep you in monthly subscription. They just repeat same process over and over.

So today I have contacted for the last time to see if there was any other ways to get my credit fixed but yet again I got same response. But this time the online chat support rep Murph made me clear that i was wasting my time and money with Lexington. 100% copy paste responses with 0 intentions to help out customer on the frustrating process. PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME!! DO NOT GIVE LEXINGTON YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY! Better yet put that money towards paying off your debt!

Dear Min,

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 2, 2019

Please, please, don't do what I did and read negative reviews of Lexington Law and then sign up with them anyway. They out & out lied & it cost me money. They made a deal to not take any money from my bank account until a certain date. I get paid once a month & they agreed to NOT deduct 2 separate payments until after that date. They took it out early both times & cost me overdraft charges & daily costs for those overdrafts. When I spoke to Lexington they said that they did agree to those certain dates but because they gave me a "deal" I didn't have a right to complain. How do you feel right now reading that? They will do the same to you. I ignored the reviews I read and thought, "they won't do that to ME"....but they did! There are a lot of other good places to go to get your credit straightened out without going to Lexington Law. Please, please listen to me!!!!

Dear Terri,

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: July 1, 2019

I only been with them a month and my score went up 29 points. I can’t wait to see much more progress! They are very understanding and try their best to work with me. Even when I have attitude they maintain theirs & make sure they end the call with me being happy. I will refer anybody to them.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 29, 2019

Stay away! Scam of a company. Decided to give it a try in October of 2018. First month went well. A few poor marks came off my credit and I was happy, around January of this year (2019) my credit was back to good. When I first signed up I called into their office and asked can I cancel at anytime and they stated yes. So mid-January I had called to cancel. Women on phone said sure. Asked for email confirmation... never got one. Thought that was weird but didn’t think too hard into it.

February 1 (my billing date) comes around. I check my cards and guess what 109$ charge from Lexington Law. So I call up again. They say I can’t cancel when it literally says on the site cancel at any time. Disputed the charge with my bank, but to this day and we're in June they are still charging my card which my bank is rejecting but they are literally still trying to charge it and don’t try to call them. They put you on hold for hours and hours and I literally mean like two hours. Long story short you can’t cancel. You're trapped if you sign with them.

Dear Nicholas,

We reached out to you today to address your concerns regarding your tenure with Lexington Law Firm and you stated that you did not have anything further to discuss at this time. Please feel free to give us a call if you have any further questions.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to speaking with you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 27, 2019

I have requested my account to be closed several time because there was no work being done and has not been done in over 2 months. Finally I get someone on the phone again and they closed my account. She told be that there was a 100 fee and then my account was closed. I ask what the 100 was for and she couldn't even tell me. She tried to say it was for work done, however that's a lie because NO work has been done in over 2 months. But you can bet your sweet ** they charged me. This company is all about taking someone's money and not helping them AT ALL!

Dear Brittany,

Original review: June 25, 2019

I have been a member for 90 days. When I signed up, I was advised that 60/90 days they could remove the items off my record, that it was not a bad report. 3 months go by and they're Not even 1/2 off yet.... No one advised me of a 40.00 contact break, after reading some of these reviews, I guess I should expect this. If they do not honor what they said to me, I will be filing a cc dispute, reporting them to everybody online complaint agency that I can find, and filing a cc dispute. Every time I call, they have me change the reasoning for my disputes. Nothing is concrete with them, you never know what the next rep is going to have you do. Just called today, the lady advised that it takes the creditors 10/30 more days to update. There goes a 4th payment. Fed up????

Original review: June 25, 2019

I have just started to work with the law firm to improve my credit and I already have seen results. In just a few weeks my credit score improved by several points. I can’t wait to see my scores when they are done. Every paralegal I have talked to have been just wonderful. I can’t say enough good things about them. I will be referring them to anyone who may ask me.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Lexington Law called me in December 2018 and advised that they found through credit monitoring something on my credit that required attention. They advised that they would be able to clear it off for 59.00. They cleared it in February 2019 according to the representative today. Yet, they continued to take my money. Lexington Law clearly went beyond the contract formed in December and began to unlawfully deduct this amount from my credit card eluding to me today that I owed the duty to contact them and have them stop. Lexington Law owed a duty to advised that their work was complete and follow the basic bank fraud laws. IT IS fraud to say the least. Upon asking for a refund of the months they did not work on my behalf. They said NO. I am sure I am not the only one going through this, Will seek class action attorney. THIS type of actions are becoming prevalent and it needs to stop.

Original review: June 6, 2019

My wife and I decided to use the services of Lexington Law starting in March. Unfortunately, after being assisted by them greatly, the monthly cost for service was too high for us at this point in time ($258 monthly, plus tax). As I called Lexington to cancel my services, I came in contact with a paralegal named Ashley. Everything went fine initially. Pleasantries were exchanged and personal information was given to access my account. The tone all changed with these 8 words: "Why are you cancelling your subscription with us?"

As I gave Ashley no reason for me wanting to cancel my services, she began to let me know that she wanted a reason. I told her I just wanted my services cancelled. Once again she asked me why I wanted to cancel my services. I said that I just wanted to cancel the services. She informed me that since I am so close to the finish line (I had one derogatory report-which Lexington had just sent a letter to the institution), then why cancel since they did so much for me. Once again, I said I wanted my services cancelled. Again Ashley wondered why am I cancelling when according to her, I had no valid reason. I began to laugh and once again state, I want to cancel the service.

At this point I've felt exasperated. Here I was three minutes later, talking to woman who refused to take no for an answer. I felt trapped. All I could do was in stating once again, that I wanted my services cancelled, was laugh. I thought back to how I used to go to those timeshare information sessions in Las Vegas where you spend a few hours listening to a sales pitch, just to get free slot play. Those sales people pressure you because they know, no sale-no pay. That thought faded as Ashley began her diatribe.

For about two minutes-which seemed like an eternity-Ashley began to admonish me on how she didn't think me laughing about the situation was appropriate and how we are two adults here. During this conversation and in rapid fire she referred to me as a child three times and mentioned something to the fact that she doesn't work on commission (I though she did). She just wanted to know the reason why I wanted to cancel my services and stated that she wasn't withholding cancelling it but wanted to know the reason why. I told her once again I just wanted to cancel my services (didn't I say that already) and said my laughing wasn't meant to insult, just an expression of not being granted of what I had a right to do.

Also, she said that she couldn't just push a button for the subscription to be cancelled and during that time she just wanted a reason. My mouth was agape. I wasn't upset, I was shocked! For a moment, it seemed like Ashley unleashed all of her pent up frustration on me and I took the place of whatever person or persons she had an issue with! I am just happy that I didn't stoop to her level and go back and forth. Just cancel my service, please.

Looking back, I should have told Ashley that the cost was too steep and I wanted to cancel and do the rest on my own for a while. However, I have a feeling that Ashley would once again be in my ear telling, me "That's not a good reason!". This was really a lose/lose situation. My wife and I were satisfied with Lexington, but the whole ordeal with Ashley is something I wouldn't want to wish on anyone! I guess I have a lot of growing up to do!

Original review: June 6, 2019

Highly would not recommended. I am getting ready to cancel my monthly service as I have had them 4 months and have seen no progress whatsoever. My credit score has gone up but that is because I paid of a collections that I had. I have 4 remaining items on my credit report that I would like to get off and those are just late payments. Overall I have paid for 4 months of service and seen absolutely 0 results. Every time I call they tell me another month and we should see some results however this is not happening. I am very displeased with the service.

Dear Mason,

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: June 4, 2019

I had two things on my credit report worth 20,000 Lexington cleared. It took 8 months. The minute that you stop paying Lexington 6 months later all your stuff cleared reappears and then I. Order to talk to them they want you to restart services. Another my brothers in law just started with them two months ago. I altered him to stop services because of what Lexington did to me. No creditors are trying to sue my brother in Law because of the faulty paperwork Lexington sent over. My brother used Lexington as well to clear 25,000 debt. They took a year to clear it and when he was done with services 6 months later the 25,000 reappears. I trusted Lexington and now I have to basically start over. You're only covered when you pay Lexington Law. Once you stop all the old accounts appear on your credit as new accounts Open. Beware. It’s a scam!!! Lexington Law is a scam the biggest scam there is.

Dear G,

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: June 3, 2019

I CAN NEVER get a hold of Lexington Law. I’ve called their lines countless amounts of times in the last 3 weeks and they are always “too busy” when I’ve stayed on the line for almost 2 hours a time. Ridiculous. Once I cancel my subscription (IF I EVER AM ALLOWED TO) I’m never using this company again because of the poor connection with customer service.

Sear Keilani,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the long hold times. I attempted to call you today but was only able to leave a voice mail and send an email with my direct contact information. Please feel free to call me directly, so that I can address any questions or concerns you may have.

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: May 29, 2019

They suck. Only to set up the account they charge 109 and in one week I cancel the account and they said I have to pay 49.99 the cancellation fee and I did paid and they still charge me 47. For what? They are ripped off. Never work with them.

Dear Sahar,

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: May 28, 2019

I signed up about 60 days ago and my credit score continues to go down! I have good credit and only 2 things on my Experian. I paid 1 off, 1 day after signing up!!! I started with a 645 and now I'm at a 615, I need a 675 or more to refi and they have done the opposite!!! I am seeing a lot of the same type of bad reviews. Mine should have been an easy fix for this company, they just want to get clients and not service them!!

Dear Michele,

Original review: May 24, 2019

I was patched through to Lexington Law when I applied for a loan online. Told I was to pay 14.95 for credit report which I had already told them my credit scores with Equifax & TransUnion. I paid that and told them I would think about using their service and get back to them. Tried online & their service was down. Tried calling the number given me 1-800-341-8441 and got a recording for a medical back brace - declined that it it goes to you've won a cruise. I did not press 1 so it disconnected. Really think this is a scam operation. Everyone use Sky Blue.

Dear Sue,

Original review: May 24, 2019

4 months they took nothing off my credit report. Lie after lie from employees. I made a 1 time purchase of credit report and told them to delete that card. They told me it was removed then months later charged it WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. Then they lied said they issued a refund to the card TWICE but didn't. They are a scam people. They do NOT honor what they say and run your cards like a petty con artist. Protect your identity. Don't give them your personal information.. They claimed to review my compliant but said they couldn't find any of the things promised. Yet all calls are recorded. They are trained to lie and your information is NOT safe in their hands.

Dear Kelvin,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I am glad we were able to address your concerns. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Whatever you do do not I repeat do not go through Lexington Law. They are a fraud. They take your money before they do any services and will have your money for weeks and still nothing happens on their end because it's a fake law firm. The only thing they're good at is taking money from you and never do a the services and refuse to pay you back any money they took knowing they haven't done anything. Please beware!!! Terrible customer service and terrible lawyers. Everything is fake fake fake fake.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have no credit and I was recommended them by LendingTree. They charge you for everything they can and lie about "important information regarding your case" when you don't answer your phone. The people over the phone are vague and lack any sort of knowledge for someone who is trying to develop credit, and they just want to charge you every step of the way.

Dear Gaben,

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have been giving my money away to this company for several months, 10+ months to be approximate. I was never late on a payment and was never accessed any late fees. I was very optimistic that this company would be able to help in repairing my credit. I trusted them with my hard earned money and heart and turned out to be a major disappointment. My credit is not in any better of position than before I contracted them. They have not called my phone in over ten months to discuss anything about my case. BUT, when I decided to stop paying them due to lack of progress, which was a month ago, they have called my phone over 30 times. They have accessed a late fee to my account, and have made threats to worsen my credit. Please beware of this company. If you would like any intel on the progress feel free to email me. Good luck y'all.

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for your feedback. We reached out to you today as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matter and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you. An email was sent to you with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: May 17, 2019

1 year of services and the only thing I wanted was my “one missed payment” to go away. Made things worst and also lose time. They couldn’t do anything and just had me running around in circles and still charged me every month. They have no attorney and no legal department. Just an automated system with letters they print and send.

Dear Christopher,

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have been waiting for a response for 75 days now. Since my account will be cancelled tomorrow I won't hear anything. Nothing has changed. No removal. Feel like I wasted time and money. Now my account will be gone. I doubt anything will change.

Dear Paul ,