Call toll free
3.20/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Lexington Law are the trusted leaders in credit repair. Over the past 25 years, hundreds of thousands of people have relied on Lexington to help make sure their credit reports are fair and accurate. In 2015 alone, Lexington Law successfully removed 7.5 million negative items from clients credit reports.

The average client saw 10.4 negative items removed within the first 4 months. While results can vary, Lexington Law has strong relationships with all three bureaus, enabling direct lines of communication for disputes.

We offer different levels of credit repair to ensure a client’s needs are met. Though our main office is in Salt Lake City, Utah, and our services are provided online, we are assisted by lawyers in states around the nation.

View More View More

1480 Lexington Law Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I've been dealing with Lexington Law for a little over a year now. I was a bit frustrated with the length of time it takes to see results. However, I didn't know that there are rules and regulations to these things and sometimes you just have to wait. Honestly I was on the way to cancel my file due to my lack of understanding to the process. Speaking with a Paralegal with Lexington Law, Sherrell ** has totally changed my outlook on this whole process and this company. She took almost an hour explaining the processes to me, went above and beyond to put me at ease. I'm at a loss of words for the excellent level of customer service she provided me with.

I can honestly say that due to Sherrell's expertise and patience of a saint, I am a Lexington Law fan and the folks that they employ are standup individuals if they are anything like Mrs. Sherrell **. Good, honest customer service is extremely hard to find... Kudos to you Sherrell ** and Lexington Law to have such an amazing person like her. Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Repair Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

As a general rule, I’m not big on reviews because they’re time consuming. Like most people, I only leave feedback when something is VERY GOOD or VERY BAD. Let me preface the remainder of this review by clearly stating that I have ABSOLUTELY NO outside affiliation with LexLaw or any of its employees nor am I receiving ANY compensation of any type for this review. If you’re considering using a service to help restore your credit, I AM YOU! I had a WHOLE LOT OF “LIFE” hit me in a short period of time and I picked up ALL of the financial bumps & bruises that come along with that. Job loss, divorce, health issues (in that order) and when the dust settled, I was left with a mountain of things to take care of and a 540 credit score.

FULL DISCLOSURE ... I have no idea how they do what they do. There is a lot of email traffic explaining this inquiry and that inquiry, this challenge and that, an escalation here & there, blah, blah. I’ve always had the ability to be as engaged in this process as I wanted to be but if I really wanted to get involved in the nuts & bolts of it, I’d have done it myself. Here’s the important part... In less than 2 years, my score went from a 540 to 715 as I’m typing this review. The progress was steady over a period of time so it’s not like they flipped some switch and my score jumped. If you’re serious about improving your credit profile, reasonable in your expectations about progress, and able to let “time take time”, this service will yield you AMAZING RESULTS!!!! LexLaw has my HIGHEST POSSILE endorsement and I’d recommend their service to any and everyone. Try it!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Hello there, I wanted to be sure to take the time needed to inform you of the great customer service I received while speaking to Sara. Sara was positive, professional, and very helpful. All too often, Companies fall short of their goal of being a Great company to just being an okay company, and often it's the customer service that is the deciding factor.

Unfortunately, when speaking to customer service, the people we sometimes have to work with may make the experience very distasteful. Either sounding like dealing with the consumer to be the very Last thing they care to do, or sounding simply not interested, or sadly, are just plain rude. Customer Service is critical to the client who needs the human connection to get the answers they require. I'm pleased to give positive feedback about my experience with your customer service. Sara was delightful, and I am happy to say 'Good Job!!' in hiring such an asset to assist customers like myself.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have been with Lexington Law for about 5 months. I had 7 things come off my credit. It’s not a fast process due to wait on the credit bureau to respond but it’s not Lexington Law's fault. You gotta remember there just the middle man working for you now. Some people freak out because the score goes down after things come off your credit that are bad but it will go back up. I promise the only reason it goes down is because even though it is a bad thing on your credit it still is a history account so when that account gets deleted a few points will come off but your points will start going up in time.

It’s better to delete and lose a couple points for something bad on your credit rather than leave it on your credit and have creditors see this when they pull your credit report so it is normal for the score to go up and down as Lexington Law is working for you. After everything bad is off your credit then your credit score will just keep going up as long as you keep credit balance down and make all your payments on time. Key thing is even if it takes 7 months to get everything off your credit it’s worth it in the end because you don’t have to stress about if someone is gonna see something bad on your credit and not approve you for a loan.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

The paralegal that updated me on my credit progress, also informed me that I had a late bill. Part of the reason I am getting help with my credit is because I struggle with low income. But I can’t get a higher paying job unless my credit goes up. The way Lexington Law customer service and paralegals conduct themselves while trying to collect a payment is so patient. When I am a day or two behind on my bill, is really so helpful the way the communicate. I feel like I am treated like a person that Lexington Law is helping, and not just like a customer that can be profited from.

I sincerely I appreciate all the good work done at Lexington Law and the integrity and professionalism of the customer service reps and paralegals. Lexington Law provides immense value and the paralegals add to that value every time I interact with them. My credit has jumped 50 points and has made me eligible to buy a home, get a better job, and gave me some peace of mind. I can finally relax a little. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexington Law?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I called Lexington for a “Free Consultation.” The customer service agent was good and answered all of my questions. However, as the conversation progressed it was apparent that he was trying to sell me the service/product. When I had told him that I am still in the progress of deciding how to go about repairing my credit (paying the debt and resolving it myself, waiting to hear from other prospective companies) he got frustrated and annoyed as he said “I just spent like 30 minutes with you and it only takes 14.99 to start.” He went on “why are you in hinged, is it the 14.99? Because you are not going to be able to find a better company that will repair your credit for you. So what’s the name on the card, is it going to be visa, discover, Amex?”

He went to try to upsell and get me to enroll on board so that they can start my case, but as I said I am still in the early stages of making decisions. I did apologize and said I just need a moment to think and decide. If I had felt that I had wasted his time I would not have called had it not been the “Free Consultation.” I was seriously thinking about going with them to repair my credit, but after the phone call conversation that made me decide that I will definitely not work with them. Skip.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

As many of you are already aware, Lexington Law is not a cheap service. I contacted Lexington Law in hopes of removing some negative remarks from my credit report. The agent over the phone was very friendly, she definitely was able to convince me to sign up with them. While she didn't claim my remarks would be removed instantly, she did say it shouldn't take too long because of how often my issue happens with other people. There were talks of refunds as well, but when I called several months later, they said they don't provide any sort of refund. The employee's mindset started changing over the months, whenever I would call the employees weren't as friendly, they weren't as promising, not as believable, not as hopeful.

They kept saying, "Credit repair takes time, you have to be patient." After more than a year with no progress, how much more patient can a person get? When you ask to cancel your services they then offer to lower your monthly plan payment. I spoke with an agent over the phone and I did not even bring this up, I asked, "What do you envision next with my case since nothing has been removed from a credit report in over a year." The agent himself told me, if he was in my shoes, he would cancel the services.

I really appreciate his honesty. I hope this does not get him in trouble, but if the line was recorded, then there is enough proof of how much the employees even believe in Lexington Law. I advise everyone reading these reports, do not believe all of the 5 star reviews. It is very rare to see someone actually receive help from this law firm. You will waste hundreds to thousands of dollars. I advise to get some better representation, even one that costs more but has better credibility.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I was a client for 17 months. It appears they just email automatic emails. I asked for one thing to be removed. They sent letters wanting them notorized the 1st time I wanted to cancel. They convinced me to stay 3 more months, I did. Still no results. They reduced my price to 12.95 for the additional 3 months. I have dealt with them long enough. If they could do anything or were working on the file (1 thing) SOMETHING SHOULD BE DIFFERENT after a year and half. I feel they found a way to make money off people and that's what they do, JUST DRAG ALONG as LONG AS THEY CAN.

Sent me an email stating I owe 16.95 for services because it's for a prior month and they automatically deduct from my account monthly. Also said if I didn't pay that amount they would send to collections. I cancelled in August and they got paid, so I don't understand what they want money for (and not the agreed amount). They have the power to get it, so I don't understand why they threatened me. STAY AWAY FROM THEM IS MY ADVICE. AGAIN, a year and a half working on one item (SUPPOSEDLY) EQUALS TO NO RESULTS FOR ME. NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE.

Dear Dorothy,

Thank you for your feedback. We have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matter and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you. An email was sent to you with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I'm a single mom with three disabled kids. I've tried to cancel the service for three months in a row. They take my money and don't cancel it. Took $500 only removed one item didn't even have my correct email! Please beware. The first time I tried to cancel they told me they were going to charge me another 150 bucks then they said they were going to change it and email me but never did because they didn't have the correct email address. The next time I called they didn't care that they didn't have the right email address where that they didn't cancel it and tried to threaten me again that they were going to charge me with more money!

I thought that it was canceled but just in case I even sent them an email directly from their link asking them to cancel so that it was in writing. Still didn't cancel and took money again. The third time finally after how many phone calls emails and messages she said it's canceled. I'm not even sure! Beware you will not get the results you want and can do it on your own through the credit agencies or Credit Karma for free. The one month I couldn't even buy groceries but they didn't care even though I'd ask them to cancel twice by then.

Dear Rebecca,

We reviewed your concerns regarding your tenure with Lexington Law Firm. We have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matter and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you. An email was sent to you with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I would not recommend Lexington Law. I paid for their services for 10 months (which totals over $1000), and there were zero changes to my credit in this time period - no accounts changed, no negative items removed. I know everyone is different, but during my initial call they were "sure" they could help as I had old things on my record that had passed the time limit for being on my report, etc. They were not able to change a single thing; not even removing old records. Also, they misaddressed a letter to a creditor which was returned to me, and I read the letter, and it was written to my creditor with misspellings and incorrect grammar. Honestly, I am not surprised no creditor took it seriously. I cancelled my account after giving them an honest try.

Dear Angela,