Call toll free
3.76/5
Based on 343 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Lexington Law are the trusted leaders in credit repair. Over the past 25 years, hundreds of thousands of people have relied on Lexington to help make sure their credit reports are fair and accurate. In 2015 alone, Lexington Law successfully removed 7.5 million negative items from clients credit reports.

The average client saw 10.4 negative items removed within the first 4 months. While results can vary, Lexington Law has strong relationships with all three bureaus, enabling direct lines of communication for disputes.

We offer different levels of credit repair to ensure a client’s needs are met. Though our main office is in Salt Lake City, Utah, and our services are provided online, we are assisted by lawyers in states around the nation.

View More View More

1047 Lexington Law Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 18, 2018

I was connected by a lending company. I agreed to a charge of $14.99 for my credit report. I was charged $129.95 for some services. I never received any notice prior to this charge or information regarding these services or any payment agreement. When speaking to a representative the first time I was hung up on. The second time, I was told that I logged on to the client portal. I never receive any log on information but somehow I logged in per their records. I was then told either a refund of half the amount or they could "review" their tapes, to which they would that I agreed to these services. Basically the only option I had was to get conned out of $60 since we know that they are going lie and say I agreed to service. They are not a good company and only are gonna steal money out of your bank account. DO NOT fall for them. They are thieves and liars.

Hello Alexa,

As a courtesy, a refund was also issued. Please allow 3-5 business days for the funds to be available to you.

Lexington Law Firm

Get expert buying tips about Credit Repair Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I am so upset with this company. I was given wrong information and fast talked around to e-sign documents that weren't discussed on the phone. I was put on auto-pay payments that I asked the "paralegal" about before paying initial fee and was advised that this was an one-time payment. Called to talk to someone who was not caring or concerned. When asked if my lawyer can have a copy of the recorded call I was advised that no one outside of Lexington Law has access to the recordings. When I set this up I thought I was one step closer to re-building my future, I was so excited I helped a few people set up. Now to realize they actually pushed me back and is actually not here to help at all! A lot of false information and fast talking to get you set up. They tell you nothing about hidden fees. DON'T DO IT!

Dear Asia,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. Again, I apologize for any misunderstanding, but I am glad that we were able to clarify information. I have sent you a couple of emails about what we have discussed. We hope to work with you in the near future!

Best Regards,

Original review: June 12, 2018

My credit score is lower now than it was 5 months ago when I hired Lexington Law! Did receive a refund for the month of April but they are trying to slip another charge through for May, thank goodness our bank caught it.

Hello Jennifer,

I attempted to contact you regarding your concern with your credit repair. I have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matters and resolve your concerns; however, I was not able to speak with you.  An email was sent you an email with my direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I signed up with Lexington Law Firm to help repair my credit. The reason for my two star rating in due to the 3rd party company that does the intake for Lexington Law. When I signed up I asked specific questions, the fees and obligation to the contract that I am agreeing to. 1st fee $14.99 for the credit report and $109.95 that will be billed to me after the work is done. The representative (Alex) asked me what date is good for me, I provided that information. He advised me that I will receive emails and text relating to my contract. I received the information as he stated, I waited a couple of days and contacted Lexington to ask a few questions.

First I tried the online chat, that wasn't good due to the wait time, so I called in. I spoke to Scott, my first question was to verify when the $109.95 will be deducted, unfortunately it was inputted in the system for the wrong date. Scott corrected that for me, thank God I called. Also the 3rd party rep. did not advised me that there were late fees in the event that I am late ($19.95), and that the contract would be ongoing until I cancel. What he advised me was the contract would be month to month until I cancel, which that could be at anytime that I chose to. I asked Scott to go over the terms of the contract with me and leave nothing out, which he did. Now I have a better idea what to expect and what I signed up for.

I advised Scott that I have no problem paying for the services, I just needed the correct information. With that being said I am going to see how this works for me, and if not cancel within the appropriate time frame to avoid being billed for any services rendered. I advised Scott that Lexington needs to ensure that the 3rd party company that they hire for client in-take provides the correct information to prospective clients. I explained that the misinformation given is a BAD! reflection on Lexington. I explained to him that clients or prospective clients like myself are seeking assistance to better their credit and getting the correct information is vital. Well Scott advised me that he will be forwarding this information to his management team, I do hope he does. I advised him that all their calls are recorded for quality assurance, so this needs to be rectified. I will write another review, hopefully it will be better than this one.

Original review: June 9, 2018

My husband filled out this rent-to-own site and he immediately got a call from Lexington Law Firm, long story short... The rep signed each of us up to repair our credit and was told if we weren't satisfied, to go on their website to cancel. That easy. Turns out it wasn't easy and I called them to cancel because I'm having financial difficulties at the moment, before they automatically deducted the first payment. I only had their service for 12 days.

I talked to Adam and told him I needed to cancel. He first tells me if I cancel now, I'm still going to be charged $64.95. Or I can be put on their $8.95 monthly report watch and when I'm ready, I can call them and continue with their full discounted $64.95 service instead of paying the non discounted price of $124.95. I agreed to the Report Watch so he put me on hold to go get approval from his supervisor. He came back on the phone and told me it wasn't approved. So why recommend me that option? And why tell me it was easy to cancel on your website when it wasn't? Now they're charging me for 12 days of being with them so I'm not getting my money's worth. Not happy at all. Definitely a scam.

Hi D'anza,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that we were not able to find a solution at the time we spoke with you.

Lexington Law Firm

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexington Law?

Original review: June 9, 2018

Lexington Law had 2 items removed from my credit report. (Good). Then (BAD) days later I start receiving collection calls for my twin sister's creditors!!!! THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!!! How did Lexington Law add my telephone number and address information to her credit reports? OR how did Lexington Law and Credit Agencies combine our reports? We have not communicated for numerous years. We are not each other’s references. My twin and I are not friends. I do not know where she lives or works! All twins, triplets, multiple births or any siblings are not close!

So now I have severe problems to fix especially since I was planning to move! I am angry. This is a nightmare. My phone rings all day now! My advice, #1 - Don’t use Lexington, is expensive and created this huge problem in less than a month. #2 - Now I have to contact credit agencies regardless and try to fix this problem. #3 - If you have multiple birth children make sure they have different initials when naming them. #4 - Get children’s social security numbers on different days. #5 Do not use Lexington Law.

They did not accept responsibility. Nor did they offer to resolve this issue but admit they worked on my credit reports. Agent spoke very slick to me on phone today also. Credit score increased by 4 (four) points. Another reason they were not worth using. Extra 4 points is not worth this nightmare that I must fix. Who and why would Lexington put my personal information on her credit reports? Employees at Lexington and Credit Bureaus too lacking to compare ALL NINE DIGITS? I’M ANGRY. THIS IS AN UNNECESSARY NIGHTMARE.

Hello Latreece,

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: June 6, 2018

I started with Lexington law back in November of 2017. They are a legit law firm but you have to remember anything that you neglect and try to get it back on track. It's going to take a while. You have to be patient. Let them work. It will come off in due time. They have worked very timely for me and I can see the results.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Professional and knowledgeable lawyers, doing their job fast and efficiently. In a month they were able to remove unfairly posted collections and charge from my credit history. The firm has informed me every other day how the procedure was going. Honest, knowledgeable and reliable firm. Highly recommended.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 31, 2018

I can confirm what the other reviewers are saying. You'll be lucky if you get more than a few removals. This place is a total fraud. They send out boiler plate "intervention" letters you can download yourself. Nothing they do has their name on it, only yours. The process is simply to send boiler plate letters for you and do electronic disputes. They have an agreement setup so they can dispute more often than you can. It really doesn't make much difference however. I doubt this is really a law firm. The paralegals (if you can get a hold of one) are totally unprofessional and have to constantly ask their supervisor for help. In addition, you have to really push them hard to do any work or give you a status on anything. They also take credit for removals I have done myself. Stay away, it's a scam taking advantage of the desperate. Sorry.

Hello Emmanuel,

I reviewed your concerns regarding your tenure with Lexington Law Firm.  I have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matters and resolve your concerns; however, I was not able to speak with you.  An email was sent you an email with my direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to speaking with you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 26, 2018

I was online registering and they took out 14 99 out of my account and then they called and called and called to let me know I needed to finish the registration. And I explained to them online did not allow me to finish the registration due to my card being a prepaid card so then they gave me the run-around. Transfer me to about 6 people and in the end gave me a number a 1-800 number to call to get the money refunded. Now I don't know how they received such high ratings when I haven't even completed my online registration and already I'm having problems. They are very unprofessional and are not knowledgeable of the services they provide the services that supposedly provide. Unbelievable. Very dissatisfied!!! I am utterly disgusted with this company!!! And I do not recommend them.

Hello Veronica,

I am sorry you had a bad experience in attempts to sign up for our services. I want to make sure that your concerns are addressed. I attempted to contact you, but was unable to speak with you. You may call me back at (800) 461-4284. If I am unavailable, any other paralegal at this number may speak to you.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I was not satisfied with any of the work they were doing. They charge me 129 dollars to have the same stuff to still appear in my credit and when I called to cancel my account they still was taking money out of my account. I called to get a refund and they denied me that right because they said that had did work on removing some of my accounts from my credit. Now remind you the same accounts that suppose to had took off still appears to be on my credit. The customer services is horrible. The supervisor was rude and nasty and the employee kept over talking me and wouldn't let me say anything. I would not recommend them to anybody. They are horrible.

Hello Ava,

Thank you for reaching back out to me. I apologize for the experience you had with us, and I assure you that we take these concerns seriously.

Again, with the great progress that you have made so far, we would like to keep the momentum going with the different options we offer. We hope that you will keep us in mind for assistance with credit repair in the future.

Original review: May 16, 2018

So, I was skeptical of the service, but I did need help with my credit. I signed up and let them go to work. The Good: They truly do the work they say they will do. They got more than 8 items removed from my credit in 2 months. The Bad: It's expensive for what they truly do for you. They send letters to your creditors and the reporting agencies. That's it. IF the letters get a positive response, great! If not, too bad. Not much else to the process. Further, the letters they send are the same boilerplate letters you can get a sample of from the internet.

How do I know? because when one of their letters was RTS'ed back to my address I read it. It was verbatim from a sample I had previously downloaded myself. I could have done all the work they did, and considering the expense the hassle that comes with canceling when you can't swing the payment anymore. But, if you just don't think you can do the letters and want someone else to do the work and that's worth $130 a month (Plus the first payment is to set up the work, they bill you again for the first month - they don't tell you that up front), then go for it. It's expensive, but they do the work.

Hello Todd,

Thank you for the feedback provided regarding our services and the concerns you expressed. I reviewed your concerns regarding your tenure with Lexington Law Firm.  I have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matters and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you.  An email was sent you an email with my direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Original review: May 13, 2018

When I talked to these people, they said I'd be charged $10.00 ONCE to look at my credit score. I never once said I agreed to them charging my card monthly. I checked my credit card today and lookie there, they charged me $85.00 and still plan on charging me monthly. FOR WHAT?! Plus I cannot get ahold of a human being. What is going on?! Stop charging me! I have enough bills!!!

Hi Sandra,

Original review: May 13, 2018

Never refer to anyone for this, bad customer service, never respond on time. I didn't receive any response for more than three weeks for which I had to shift on some other company. It is absolutely scam. I had a very frustrating experience with this non-responsive company that seems to do nothing but be intent on ruining reputations. Bad experience, no customer service.

Original review: May 11, 2018

They do not mention you get charged 109$ just for looking at your credit score so they will charge for anything you do with them, they also make you do all the work printing out letters and mailing them and so much more. DO NOT TRUST THEM. THEY WILL ROB YOU.

Dear Jacob,

I was able to review your concerns regarding your tenure with Lexington Law Firm.  We have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matters and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you.  An email was sent you an email with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: May 10, 2018

I researched Lexington Law because they appeared to have a good reputation. However, I had one dispute on my credit report, however it was on 3 credit reports. I paid a good amount of money, however they only had one removed. They were not motivated, I had to call them several times about updates. They would send emails, but not fully explained things. To me all they want is for you to pay monthly & not remove anything from your report. When I cancelled last month, they didn't even ask why because they could care less. I wouldn't recommend their service.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Do NOT fall for their lies! I signed up for this company back in February. I had lost my job not long after. They called me in March about my payment and the lady pressured me into paying the $130 fee even though I kept telling her I couldn't afford it. I have been trying to call and every time I call I can NEVER get a hold of anyone to cancel and I have sent multiple emails to cancel and no one will get back to me.

Dear Kelsey,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me earlier today. I apologize for any inconvenience in regards to your request to stop services. I am glad that we were able to resolve your concerns and hope that we can work together again in the near future.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (800) 341-8441 from 6am-10pm MST Monday through Friday and 8am-4pm MST on Saturday.

K. Latuselu

Original review: May 7, 2018

I was with Lexington Law back at October 2017. They charge me 119.00 of month. Only thing they did is removed only three items. In six months I cancel them. I will tell anyone go somewhere else. My credit score have not move up. They are too busy working for creditors than you.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Do not trust Lexington Law. They are a fraud. I sent them written email notice as well as two telephone calls telling them to terminate my account. They still fraudulently billed my credit card after receiving notice I was terminating my account. I had to dispute the charge with my bank. Luckily, my bank has more integrity than Lexington Law who stole my money.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I truly recommend EVERYONE to use Lexington Law Firm when it comes to repairing your credit. They definitely get the job done and well. If I ever have any problems in the future, (although I pray I don't) I will be back immediately!!! My credit score was in the Mid 500s now I have a 700 Fico score.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I was looking for rent to own homes and the next thing I knew I was talking to the Lexington Law people. After telling me that they would do a one-time credit check with no payment to me. Then the lady told me it would cost me 1400. I told her I had no money on my card. She told me that if it declined she would tell me. The next thing a month later they took 1900 on my card after I told them I couldn't afford the service. I will be changing my card. So please do not believe these fast talking people. Not to be trusted at all.

Hi Wanda,

We reviewed your concerns regarding your tenure with Lexington Law Firm.  We have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matters and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you.  An email was sent you an email with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail. I have some options I would like to discuss with you that may help you move forward with our services.

Kym

Original review: April 29, 2018

Absolutely a waste of money. Signed up with them in December and it’s almost May and they have done absolutely not to repair anything on my credit and all I had was a couple late payments from over a year ago all they did was continue to take my money.

Kym

Original review: April 28, 2018

They will tell you anything to get you to sign their electronic agreement. And then once you do you'll realize that the stuff they told you about their rates and what they do is really different than what is in the contract.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I'm beyond disgusted with this company. The salesperson is as sweet as sugar but the paralegals you encounter are nasty and rude. They illegally took my money after I cancelled their service stating I was supposed to call and cancel again??? They actually told me they can see I called in to cancel but refuse to refund my money they owe me. I would not advised my dog to retain their services. THEY ARE CRIMINALS!!!

Original review: April 26, 2018

I was told I was going to be charged a late fee because I was canceling my service after being charged about $80 and not having absolutely NOTHING done to my credit. I needed to cancel all disputes because my mortgage lender had asked me to. I had to call all bureaus myself. Then now I’m being charged another $75 and I was never told I would be charged this at the beginning of my contract. Shady business for a law firm. Just paid $155 for nothing. I guess you live and you learn. I even recommended someone to them. Will tell everyone to never go through this law firm for their credit. I know people who will do more honest business and make things right in the end.

Original review: April 25, 2018

At first, everything was great, peaches and cream... After I signed, first few month I saw a lot of movement. After over 5 months suddenly everything stopped. Majority of the removals came back. Credit goes up and down drastically. Only thing helping my credit is my on-time payments and opening a lot of credits cards. Save your money, pay the debts instead.

Hello Mario,

We reviewed your concerns regarding your tenure with Lexington Law Firm.  We have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matters and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you.  We were able to review your account and have some options we would like to discuss with you. An email was sent you an email with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I cancelled within a week and still got charge double the amount they charge and said I'd get half off for referring someone. They not only charged me double for something I cancelled but also charged me double for the person I referred. I cancelled all at the same time. It didn't help my credit or fix anything but made my credit worse because I'm on a set income and since they took over half my income I couldn't pay my bills again.

Good morning Cheryl,

Original review: April 24, 2018

So like most everyone who has used the services of Lexington Law, I have credit issues and called to see if I could get some help in restoring my credit. The person I first talked to was very helpful and filled me with a sense of hope. I paid the initial 14 and change and set up my initial 100 or so to be debited 5 days from that point. Unfortunately I had a bill that I had to pay that came up last minute. I could not afford their service and so I called them back 2 days before my payment was suppose to be taken out. I got another helpful person and told them that I wanted to cancel and they tried to offer me a less expensive option. I told her, "No thank you" and that I would still like to cancel.

She then said she could simply move back the payment date for me. So I opted for this option. Before the call ended she doubled checked and saw that the payment was already processing even though it wasn't to come out for another 48 hours. So she then said that they would simply let the payment post... refund me and then take the payment at the agreed upon date. I called back after the payment had posted and they now told me that they could not refund my account because there were no errors with the transaction.

That employee who promised me should have known that but I feel just wanted to get me to wait until the payment had gone through. Every interaction I had with them became shadier and shadier. I then canceled my service and I did not get a refund because they had already sent 3 very generic letters that I could have easily done myself for under 3 dollars. They offer so much and have delivered very little for me. I would not reccomend their services to anyone. They are a terrible company. Boo!

Original review: April 24, 2018

I read a lot of bad reviews from Lexington Law and I did NOT have that experience. Lexington Law brought my credit score up from 620 in September 2017 to 702 in April 2018. I started with paying the higher fee of $99.00 and downgraded to the $59.00 in March. They removed over 47 negative items on my credit report and are continually working on last 8 items. I am IMPRESSED with Lexington Law, I took a chance and got the best service.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I started Lex about 2 months ago in hopes to get some of my collections off my credit report. I had tried disputes myself (and got a few off) and figured that it would be helpful to have this company try their methods in achieving deletions quicker. However I found that this service is basically sending out the same disputes you can do yourself online, not really anything different. I'm giving them 2 stars only because for me this service didn't work at all and if anything it agitated the collections and now I have them filing judgments. They also tried to claim that the "removed items" that did appear were because of them and in fact they were because I paid for them to be off and nothing to do with their disputes.

However, the customer service was excellent. They were helpful in answering questions and very pleasant to deal with hence my extra star. They have a well rehearsed pitch in sucking you into believing that you'll achieve great results. I had high hopes that this would benefit me but in the end not worth the hundreds of dollars you'll end up paying. My opinion would be to not use them and dispute items yourself. I also believe that credit card companies and collection agencies have smartened up on their records, etc. and have caught on to companies such as these, and have made it harder to get items deleted. Times have changed and credit agencies are not budgeting as much as they used too. Portfolio Recovery being a top one. Also note that when you cancel they will charge you an additional month's fee (or prorate your current month) on your next billing day. I don't remember that being told to me but not worth the fight.

Lexington Law expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Lexington Law is a legal credit repair and credit education firm located in North Salt Lake, Utah. The company has over 25 years of experience helping people all over the United States find affordable and legal ways to dispute credit inaccuracies and repair bad credit.

• Services: Lexington Law uses the applicable consumer protection laws to help their clients make sure their credit reports are fair, accurate and substantiated. The firm challenges credit problems and mistakes, which has resulted in the removal of millions of inaccurate credit items from their clients’ credit reports.

• Fees: The subscription membership model offers two levels of service. The Concord Premier charges a one-time $99.95 fee a week or so after initial free consultation and $99.95 monthly, which is cancellable at any time. The Concord Standard charges the same initial $99.95 and a lower monthly fee of $79.95 for an amended services package.

• Credit score analysis: Concord Premier clients receive a credit score analysis from Lexington Law that helps clients understand the current health of their credit as well as targeted information to help them improve their credit scores.

• Legal action: Lexington Law does more than just provide credit repair advice, the company has a team of attorneys and paralegals that can advocate on their clients' behalf.

• Contact: Clients can keep a close eye on their case activities by using the Lexington Law mobile app or by logging into the website. Clients have access to a team of paralegals for help and information.

• Credit education: The firm offers an extensive library of credit and credit repair news, books, blog and legal rights.

• Best for: Individuals trying to repair credit problems, those who want access to legal services, families who want to boost their credit scores and anyone concerned about credit scores.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg