Call toll free
3.74/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Lexington Law are the trusted leaders in credit repair. Over the past 25 years, hundreds of thousands of people have relied on Lexington to help make sure their credit reports are fair and accurate. In 2015 alone, Lexington Law successfully removed 7.5 million negative items from clients credit reports.

The average client saw 10.4 negative items removed within the first 4 months. While results can vary, Lexington Law has strong relationships with all three bureaus, enabling direct lines of communication for disputes.

We offer different levels of credit repair to ensure a client’s needs are met. Though our main office is in Salt Lake City, Utah, and our services are provided online, we are assisted by lawyers in states around the nation.

View More View More

1425 Lexington Law Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

As a general rule, I’m not big on reviews because they’re time consuming. Like most people, I only leave feedback when something is VERY GOOD or VERY BAD. Let me preface the remainder of this review by clearly stating that I have ABSOLUTELY NO outside affiliation with LexLaw or any of its employees nor am I receiving ANY compensation of any type for this review. If you’re considering using a service to help restore your credit, I AM YOU! I had a WHOLE LOT OF “LIFE” hit me in a short period of time and I picked up ALL of the financial bumps & bruises that come along with that. Job loss, divorce, health issues (in that order) and when the dust settled, I was left with a mountain of things to take care of and a 540 credit score.

FULL DISCLOSURE ... I have no idea how they do what they do. There is a lot of email traffic explaining this inquiry and that inquiry, this challenge and that, an escalation here & there, blah, blah. I’ve always had the ability to be as engaged in this process as I wanted to be but if I really wanted to get involved in the nuts & bolts of it, I’d have done it myself. Here’s the important part... In less than 2 years, my score went from a 540 to 715 as I’m typing this review. The progress was steady over a period of time so it’s not like they flipped some switch and my score jumped. If you’re serious about improving your credit profile, reasonable in your expectations about progress, and able to let “time take time”, this service will yield you AMAZING RESULTS!!!! LexLaw has my HIGHEST POSSILE endorsement and I’d recommend their service to any and everyone. Try it!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Repair Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have been with Lexington Law for about 5 months. I had 7 things come off my credit. It’s not a fast process due to wait on the credit bureau to respond but it’s not Lexington Law's fault. You gotta remember there just the middle man working for you now. Some people freak out because the score goes down after things come off your credit that are bad but it will go back up. I promise the only reason it goes down is because even though it is a bad thing on your credit it still is a history account so when that account gets deleted a few points will come off but your points will start going up in time.

It’s better to delete and lose a couple points for something bad on your credit rather than leave it on your credit and have creditors see this when they pull your credit report so it is normal for the score to go up and down as Lexington Law is working for you. After everything bad is off your credit then your credit score will just keep going up as long as you keep credit balance down and make all your payments on time. Key thing is even if it takes 7 months to get everything off your credit it’s worth it in the end because you don’t have to stress about if someone is gonna see something bad on your credit and not approve you for a loan.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

The paralegal that updated me on my credit progress, also informed me that I had a late bill. Part of the reason I am getting help with my credit is because I struggle with low income. But I can’t get a higher paying job unless my credit goes up. The way Lexington Law customer service and paralegals conduct themselves while trying to collect a payment is so patient. When I am a day or two behind on my bill, is really so helpful the way the communicate. I feel like I am treated like a person that Lexington Law is helping, and not just like a customer that can be profited from.

I sincerely I appreciate all the good work done at Lexington Law and the integrity and professionalism of the customer service reps and paralegals. Lexington Law provides immense value and the paralegals add to that value every time I interact with them. My credit has jumped 50 points and has made me eligible to buy a home, get a better job, and gave me some peace of mind. I can finally relax a little. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Well, Where to start? I Hired Lexington Law in Nov 2017. The First Item that was deleted was a 1600 Tax lien About 2 -3 weeks after signing up. The first month 2-3 Collections deleted. I Didn't get any mail from the credit agencies but I watched as they went Bye-Bye through credit monitoring Myself... Credit Karma and WalletHub have been the best for me. WalletHub updates around 6 am every morning. Both are free. I paid Lex 99 a month for about 6 months. They deleted 80% of my collections during that time Which was 16 of them across the board for all 3. They are completely OFF. I did a couple things like Paying Capital One for a secured card and Discover. Both Offered zero annual fee and approved me instantly online. My credit score at the time was around 570's.

Fast forward to April. My transmission went out on my car and I have a family and need a vehicle. Credit Karma was showing me at 648 and Equifax at 640 so I knew I could qualify for a car loan. I went to the dealership and they ran my credit and it was 708 trans and 695 EQ. I learned then, it's good to use the free monitoring, but the scoring model is very different when buying a car or a home. I wound up getting 7% int from Chase and not having to worry at all about my credit. Lexington Law was behind me every step I have taken. They are super to work with and I will continue to tell of their good deeds.

Original review: July 24, 2018

So I was and am very skeptical of this place just because it's such a common area for scammers (credit repair agencies that is). So far though, they have been pretty decent. I signed up about a month ago after having missed 3 student loan payments and my score dropping 100 points. Went from 720 to 620 overnight... So I looked up this place and thought why the heck not, I'm paying 90 bucks a month or so and it's been a little over a month of service. Today I got an email saying that 3 items had been removed from my Equifax report. I got super happy! I probably could have done this on my own as people have said but I really don't care enough to look into it.

My only complaint is the amount of time it takes. I know they can't work miracles but it does seem as others have pointed out that they kind of milk the time in order to get more money out of the whole process. This makes sense considering if they dropped the items within 1 month then everyone would just cancel right away. But, they'd have way better reviews. That's my only concern. I would even be willing to negotiate a larger sum of money after the items are removed just to speed things up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexington Law?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 17, 2019

1 year of services and the only thing I wanted was my “one missed payment” to go away. Made things worst and also lose time. They couldn’t do anything and just had me running around in circles and still charged me every month. They have no attorney and no legal department. Just an automated system with letters they print and send.

Dear Christopher,

We reviewed your concerns regarding your tenure with Lexington Law Firm. We have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matter and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you. An email was sent to you with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 16, 2019

I have been waiting for a response for 75 days now. Since my account will be cancelled tomorrow I won't hear anything. Nothing has changed. No removal. Feel like I wasted time and money. Now my account will be gone. I doubt anything will change.

Dear Paul ,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 15, 2019

Updated on 05/20/2019: So I called and told them I wanted to cancel, there was no work being done, the app etc showed me that NOTHING was being done so I shouldn’t be charged. Then decided I would just extend the payment out a few days then pay it, they took money out of my account after agreeing NOT to until down the line. Now they didn’t expect me to notice clearly! So now I’m on another 2 hour hold waiting on someone to answer the phone! They will take your MONEY AND DO NOTHING FOR YOU! DO NOT BUY THIS SERVICE!

Updated on 05/17/2019: So I posted a review on 5/15/2019, just as horrible as ever, I’ve gotten an email after my review claiming they have sent 3 letters...I’ve been trying to call them for 3 days and my hold times has been at least 45 minutes or longer! No one to speak with as of now! I believe this is just one big scam at this point! I’m so ready to be done with them! Please do NOT buy services from them! You will get the run around after you sign up!

Original Review: I’ve been with Lexington Law less than a month, not one letter sent, and yet they are charging me in less than a week for services they have NOT completed! They say during the first call we will only charge if we are working. They are NOT working, so this is false information, very misleading! I’ve done some research and REALLY wish I would have done MORE before actually taking that first step with them! I’m on a very long hold at this moment trying to talk to someone else on what is going to happen. Most likely the other horrible reviews I’ve read will be pretty true once I’m done with this call, please don’t fail to believe those bad reviews because they are TRUE! Beware of the services offered!

Dear Angel,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today and allowing me to address your concerns. I am glad that we were able to resolve this matter. An email was sent to you with my direct contact information should you have any further questions.

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: May 14, 2019

For the short time that I was signed up for the service, I was pleased and was able get me to the point that I was able to buy a car. They removed over half of the bad marks on my credit profile. They are the best at what they do, I will use them again in the future...

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 10, 2019

Paid over $100 per month for 1 year with no answers, no response, no credit repair even 1 year later. Extremely poor and unprofessional customer service. Complete waste of time, money and energy. Very stressful experience due to constant promises of better service with no follow through.

Dear Shirley,

Original review: May 7, 2019

I was a returning customer and currently very disappointed. I used them for a month for a $129.99/month fee. After the month passed I contacted them to let them know that I was laid off from my job and to cancel my account. Now they are claiming that I owe them $201 and threaten me to report my account to collection if I don't pay them, which I find ironic since I tried to used them to help me clear my credit and now they are threatening to do the opposite. I contacted them again to see why they are charging me so much even though I was supposed pay $129.99 per month and now my balance is somehow $201. They claimed because of late fees and other factors which no one previously told me about and besides I had already cancel my account.

In addition, none of the items I'd prioritized to be removed from my credit report were removed and remain there. They falsely tried to claim that they removed two negative items from my credit report but this is not true because those items I had already disputed through Credit Karma yet they were trying to take the credit for it. This company has changed from the first time I used their services. Furthermore, they refused to accommodate my request to lower the balance to $129.99 minus the $19.99 that they already took from my account. I agree to pay $129.99 per month and technically I had cancelled so they shouldn't have had charged my that $129.99 anyways.

Now they are charging me unexpected fees that I did not agreed to or was aware I was being charged. Also, I keep getting emails from my Capital One account saying that Lexington Law Firm is trying to take money out. They do this up three times per day, every 9 days or so. First, they attempted to take $129.00 but I didn't have the money so then they tried to take $79.99 and finally took $19.99 out of my account because that's all I had left. This is a scam since you can just dispute negative credit report items yourself through Credit Karma, or directly through Transunion, Equifax, or Experian. No need for this services, especially when the paralegals leave key details such as late fees, during the opening account process.

I won't used this service again ever, it is inefficient and I will advise for you to save your money and find different alternatives in order to repair your credit. This was a mistake on my behalf and I should had never contacted Lexington Law Firm because they did not helped me instead did the opposite and created left me with a greater debt and in addition threaten me to send my account to COLLECTIONS.

Dear Enrique,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us about your concerns and allowing us to find a solution. Please don't hesitate to give us a call should you have any further questions.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I have mid 550 to 575 credit, due to loss of work and a few items on my history that have been keeping my scores low. I was able to do some inquiring and deletions myself a year ago and brought my score to 604, then this past year I was unemployed again. I decided to try Lexington Law, and I gave it 2 full months, the suggestions of the Paralegals were the same plan of actions that I had taken myself the prior year, I had no results. I paid $109 for 2 months and decided to cancel at the beginning of last month April 2019, when the young man who took my cancellation told me I would still be billed $40 even after I cancelled service. Today I was charged, and I am very disappointed in Lexington Law's results. I also feel I should not have been charged the $40, $260 later, I should have just paid to a debt collector towards a delinquent bill. Charles ** Sr.

Dear Charles,

Original review: May 5, 2019

After leaving a negative review, Lexington Law contacted me and my concerns were resolved. I am a client once again and hopefully Lexington Law will help boost my credit score soon I hope. I am satisfied and hope everything works out.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Let me start off by saying Lexington Law is great! My credit went from a low 500 score to a low 700 score in about a year. It does takes time, but be patient and you will be happy with the results. Try it. You will be amazed with the results. I also was able to buy a new home and purchase a car all at a great interest rate by using this service. Lexington Law rocks!

Original review: May 3, 2019

This company was not helpful. Was definitely a waste of time and money. Nothing seemed to really help my credit. My score was already in the 600s before service. The "per se" Top package was purchase. Monthly fee amount of 129. drafted for several months, only one removal. Remind you, after the one removal I received a email stating they would start moving aggressively on my behalf.

(Still one removal.) They were quick to call after my cancelled email. Paralegal attempted to negotiate by using her intellectual speaking, which was very aggressive. She accuse me of not utilizing higher service plan and attempt to offer lower plan with a month waiver. My accounting experience stated working in my mind. The offer was not a deal and Yes! I did utilize y'all site that came with my plan. This is how I determined to cancel my service. Based on monitoring site daily. I just didn't see where my service was quite being met, however it was a short time. Didn't want to spend any more money or waste time.

Can you believe after service did not met my expectations? I was told 73.63 would still need to be process for last payment. Between 200 and 400 dollars was given (estimate) and I still owe! (Only one removal.) My credit really didn't need a lot of work to be done. Status - Lost money and no credit improvement. Don’t waste your money. I am highly disappointed, heard great things from other peers with very bad credit and I didn't receive the same service and I had fair credit before service. Per Paralegal, "My integrity won't let me off phone until we better service you." (Integrity make you do right about people not fast talk or sucker punch.) Anyone who truly know me, Can say I live a life of integrity and honor my words. This is why I will allow last payment to be drafted, however service I received I am not in agreement. All is well.

Dear Sheila,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today and giving us an opportunity to address your concerns. Please don't hesitate to contact our team of paralegals should you have any further questions.

Original review: May 3, 2019

All they good at is convincing people that they are professionals and will help to fix credit. But unfortunately, they are just bunch of liars who does nothing... They little does of an effort they put is something you can do it yourself!!! So sign up with them. They are just bunch of parasites who survives on your money. I called to ask for refund and the supervisor Hang up on me and cancel my account without my permission. I going to sue their ** now. Literally I’ve been paying them 6 months and nothing change on my report and I also know they going to write a comment that they tried to call me or send me email. Just bunch of **. They just don’t care about their customer. Scammers.

Dear Tamana,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 2, 2019

I was a member of their credit repair services for roughly 2 years, and have to say that it was a complete waste of time, money and energy. They were able to remove one of twelve items in the first 4 months, and then NO other progress was made. Every time I would call to cancel, a new operator would spin how they were going to get results, and basically just get to keep going for another few months before the cycle repeated. They do not do anything that you cannot do yourself. I can't recommend strongly enough to stay away from these guys, and save your money.

Dear Benjamin,

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: April 26, 2019

I took my tax refund and put it all into paying down my debt. I also invested a few months into Lexington Law but my score is somehow lower now than when I first signed up. So no missed payments, lowered balances, and somehow my score is even lower than when I started. I could have used that money to pay down my cards and instead I wasted it on a middleman that did nothing for me.

Dear Cristian,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 24, 2019

I paid to this company last year for 6 months. I kept receiving letters that they had written on my behalf but they were return addressed to my home and not to the company I was paying to have them sent to. I would then log-in, take a photo of these letters and submit them to the firm to let them know it had happened. Waste of my time and money right there.

During these 6 months, only 1 item was removed from my credit report despite there being quite a few (which is why I reached out to them in the first place). My credit score went up about 14 points. And I paid this company over $600. Not pleased with the return benefit. I was shocked because years ago when my husband and I were trying to buy our home he used this company and within 3 months he had several removals and his score went up over 100 points! He said he never had to do anything. And here I am, taking photos of letters with the wrong address. What a waste.

Dear Emily,

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: April 19, 2019

This company was not helpful. Was definitely a waste of time and money. They seemed to be overwhelmed with the work. Nothing seemed to updates for months. They were quick to process a payment but never quick to update you on any status. Don’t waste your money. Poor customer service.

Dear Justin,

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: April 16, 2019

I was welcomed warmly. My questions received quick, knowledge answers with realistic expectations. I look forward to working with Lexington Law so I can finally purchase a home. It has been a long and grueling struggle to get out of debt, now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Tried to fixed my student loans by Lexington Law. Lexington Law is a totally fake and sucks law firm. Don't listen to them. They kept lying. I went through the horrible experience regarding my heavy debt loan. They didn't do anything except deducted money of every month fee from my bank account. I would suggest don't depend on Lexington Law firm. All are crappy people totally wasting time and money.

Dear Asma,

Original review: April 12, 2019

I used them for a few months, of course the premier package which was about $130/month. They said I needed this since I need quick results. I kept having to call them to actually work on my case. They got one thing removed off of my credit report but since it off of all 3 reports they considered it 3 things. I had better luck doing it myself. Then when I talk to them about cancelling they said well I still owe another month because they bill a month behind which was definitely not discussed when I signed up but of course it's in the fine print in an email that was sent later.

Dear Amanda,

Original review: April 12, 2019

I used Lexington Law for 3 months. No negative items have been removed. When I call to complain about the progress all they say is they'll escalate it and send out more letters and tell me to be patient. It can take a few months. The letters they type are generic. Anyone can type those letters in under 5 minutes. Do yourself a favor and do it yourself and save a lot of money.

Dear Maurice,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your tenure with Lexington Law. We have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matter and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you. An email was sent to you with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had been with Lexington Law for just over 3 months. During that time, I paid down my credit accounts and did nothing, (that I am aware of), that would have adversely affected my credit score but instead of increasing, it dropped since signing up for their services. When I questioned this, I got an answer that I could have easily came up with myself, "there are many factors, etc." Yeah, no kidding. Anyways, they showed 4 items being removed from my reports, yet I only could find 2. Those 2 items were removed after I personally called those creditors and discussed it with them.

I am very disappointed in the service and, most importantly, the results their services have provided after more than 3 months. I not only feel I had been taken advantage of but feel like I am part of a much larger group of people who have had a few unfortunate things occur that have put us in this position only to have a "business" like theirs take advantage of our situations. I have cancelled my account and will spend much of my time leaving appropriate reviews on the various sites that I used to decide to join their services in the first place. I will also notify the appropriate organizations in the state of Massachusetts that buyers should be very wary of Lexington Law.

Dear David,

Original review: April 12, 2019

Helped my case for not much to start and improved it for as much as they could for the price I paid. Just forgot to cancel. So I hope they don't charge me anyway when they're the ones trying to fix my credit.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I attempted to contact the negative companies on my credit report to fix things for two years. No luck. I signed with Lexington law and after almost a year some were removed but my score stayed close to the same. I left them for over a year and decided to give it another try for the last three. They sent out their usual letters and I received the usual inconclusive letters back. One said they were not sure what was being asked of them.

I contacted Law about this. They told me to email them copies of the letters I received. I did. Month after month when I receive duplicate responses from the companies. Clearly, a nonproductive attempt on Lex Law part. I again contacted them, this time by phone regarding the situation. They said they would go the next step to elevate the attempt to remove the negative from my credit report after I sent back to them a notarized letter of what they would send me. Now, my score has gone down about 50 pts since all this has been going on without any new negative activity on my part. Any explanations?

Dear Diane,

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: April 10, 2019

My credit score was low and it was hard to get financing, but after I started working with Lexington Law I begun to receive more offers and lower interest rates. You are notified of any actions they are performing on your behalf.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Elizabeth was amazing! They answered and help me through everything! They communicated with me through every step! Any problems they was able to patiently deal with me! I will recommend Lexington Law to family, friends and anyone who's serious about their credit.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I was looking to refinance a car and was referred to Lexington Law and as soon as the guy gets on, I explain to him I wasn't interested in his services. He goes on to say "she seems like she is on another planet..." Geesh wooeese or however you spell that. I tell him back, "You seem very rude" and hang up my call. I'd not recommend this company if you want very rude people responding to you. He could have said nicely back, "I understand if you arent interested but if you have interest in the future, please let us know," but instead he was very rude to me instead. No very professional service...

Lexington Law Company Information