ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.50/5

Lexington Law are the trusted leaders in credit repair. Over the past 25 years, hundreds of thousands of people have relied on Lexington to help make sure their credit reports are fair and accurate. In 2015 alone, Lexington Law successfully removed 7.5 million negative items from clients' credit reports.

The average client saw 10.4 negative items removed within the first 4 months. While results can vary, Lexington Law has strong relationships with all three bureaus, enabling direct lines of communication for disputes.

We offer different levels of credit repair to ensure a client’s needs are met. Though our main office is in Salt Lake City, Utah, and our services are provided online, we are assisted by lawyers in states around the nation.

View More View More

Lexington Law Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

My brother recommended LexLaw to me after they helped him fix his credit, and I hired them because I was planning on purchasing a house. LexLaw definitely came through. They were able to fight and remove the negative records that were causing me problems and with a clean bill of health I was able to purchase my house. I just set up the automatic payments and told them which ones were my highest concerns and they took care of the rest. I was busy searching for the house while they were working hard. By the time I found what I was looking for (close to two years searching) they were able to pull thorough just in the nick of time. Please be realistic though. Credit repair is a PROCESS and it does take time, but at no point did I feel they were dragging their feet. Every time I had a question they were always available and always had the answers I needed. Sometimes not the ones I wanted, but that's life. Highly recommend them.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Repair Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I just checked my credit score, because I'm shopping around for a new apartment. Lex help me raise score after like 6 to 8 months, from 486. I had a lot of old debt but I knew a lot on report was not accurate, so I am glad I called them up. The fact I was able to witness them dispute each thing on my report, where I did not have to do anything was a relief to me. I was able to rest again, re-assure it was being worked on. Got approved for new apartment, and small loan for a few thousand, because score went up to 638.

Felt good to be able to work with someone who really do care, so I got no complaints. I give them four stars, not five (only because one time it took 4 days to hear back from them, so that was too long). But after that when I call, I always got great feedback, and seeing "action" applied to what I needed done was paying off, as I was approved for apartment, a good one when I started removing things negative off credit report. Easier to do with a "real" good credit repair company. So I give them four stars.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I would like to say that I was very skeptical of anyone who said they could repair my credit. I was very stupid with credit at an early age. 20 years later, I am suffering because of my decisions. I hired Lexington Law about 7 months ago. My credit score (according to Credit Karma) was 516 with TransUnion, and 523 with Equifax. My credit score now is 632 with TransUnion and 650 with Equifax. Also, I now own a home for the first time in my life. They cannot remove everything from your credit. If you expect that, then you will not be happy. They send out letters to debtors and there is a required response time. If they don't respond in a timely manner, the item is removed from your credit. If they do respond, Lexington Law sends another, and then another. It takes time.

I didn't see my first credit score change until 45 days after signing up. I have been tremendously happy with the results. One of the most important things you can do if using their service is to help them! Don't start applying for new credit the first time your score goes up. Talk to your bank and get a secured line of credit. Try to have 3 open lines of credit, and NEVER be more than 29 days late on any payment. I you do this, your credit score WILL go up.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I've been dealing with Lexington Law for a little over a year now. I was a bit frustrated with the length of time it takes to see results. However, I didn't know that there are rules and regulations to these things and sometimes you just have to wait. Honestly I was on the way to cancel my file due to my lack of understanding to the process. Speaking with a Paralegal with Lexington Law, Sherrell ** has totally changed my outlook on this whole process and this company. She took almost an hour explaining the processes to me, went above and beyond to put me at ease. I'm at a loss of words for the excellent level of customer service she provided me with.

I can honestly say that due to Sherrell's expertise and patience of a saint, I am a Lexington Law fan and the folks that they employ are standup individuals if they are anything like Mrs. Sherrell **. Good, honest customer service is extremely hard to find... Kudos to you Sherrell ** and Lexington Law to have such an amazing person like her. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

As a general rule, I’m not big on reviews because they’re time consuming. Like most people, I only leave feedback when something is VERY GOOD or VERY BAD. Let me preface the remainder of this review by clearly stating that I have ABSOLUTELY NO outside affiliation with LexLaw or any of its employees nor am I receiving ANY compensation of any type for this review. If you’re considering using a service to help restore your credit, I AM YOU! I had a WHOLE LOT OF “LIFE” hit me in a short period of time and I picked up ALL of the financial bumps & bruises that come along with that. Job loss, divorce, health issues (in that order) and when the dust settled, I was left with a mountain of things to take care of and a 540 credit score.

FULL DISCLOSURE ... I have no idea how they do what they do. There is a lot of email traffic explaining this inquiry and that inquiry, this challenge and that, an escalation here & there, blah, blah. I’ve always had the ability to be as engaged in this process as I wanted to be but if I really wanted to get involved in the nuts & bolts of it, I’d have done it myself. Here’s the important part... In less than 2 years, my score went from a 540 to 715 as I’m typing this review. The progress was steady over a period of time so it’s not like they flipped some switch and my score jumped. If you’re serious about improving your credit profile, reasonable in your expectations about progress, and able to let “time take time”, this service will yield you AMAZING RESULTS!!!! LexLaw has my HIGHEST POSSILE endorsement and I’d recommend their service to any and everyone. Try it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexington Law?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I needed their assistance and since November, my credit has went up 73 points! That's a lot! We're not through, but I can't wait to see the rest! All of our issues are different, but I see improvement in mine! Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I would recommend Lexington Lexington law to help you repair your credit. I would recommend you also talking directly to the 3 credit reporting agencies to update your personal information like drivers license, social security number and a copy of your utility bill.

Lexington Law response

Dear Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I am glad we were able to address your concerns. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Alex

Lexington Law Firm

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I can say check the BBB reviews first. They totally tried to rip me off. Luckily caught them in time and cancelled service. First they charged me the 14.99 which I paid on time. They said I didn’t have the funds so they charged me a late fee of 19.95. Then my first payment of 129.99 was due 1/26/2020. They said it was due in the 17th which was due date for future payments. So now according to them I’m late on that too. I gave them proof and they removed the first 19.95. I have paper, emails stating everything, and then decided this company is a rip off scam of sorts. Those good ratings May be a bunch of BS. Don’t use them unless you want a huge hassle and to be out some money. So they got 14.99 and I’m paying the 129.00 for hardly anything. Cut my losses and move on.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I signed up with the hope of getting paid off and old charge offs cleared of my credit report. After about 5 months of patiently waiting nothing changed so I cancelled my membership. If you really want to fix your credit contact the 3 credit bureaus and dispute all negative reportings yourself.

Lexington Law response

Dear Neil,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. We appreciate the opportunity to go over your experience with Lexington Law. Please let us know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely,

Alex

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I signed up because I had 2 items I needed removed. I negotiated and removed them myself with no help from Lexington Law, so when I called to cancel no one would pick up the phone, so I cancelled via chat and was told I was still going to be billed, so now I need a lawyer to contest the bill from the law firm I hired to help me! STAY AWAY, DO IT YOURSELF!!! TOTAL SCAM!

Lexington Law Company Information