4.10/5
Based on 326 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Lexington Law are the trusted leaders in credit repair. Over the past 25 years, hundreds of thousands of people have relied on Lexington to help make sure their credit reports are fair and accurate. In 2015 alone, Lexington Law successfully removed 7.5 million negative items from clients credit reports.

The average client saw 10.4 negative items removed within the first 4 months. While results can vary, Lexington Law has strong relationships with all three bureaus, enabling direct lines of communication for disputes.

We offer different levels of credit repair to ensure a client’s needs are met. Though our main office is in Salt Lake City, Utah, and our services are provided online, we are assisted by lawyers in states around the nation.

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 22, 2018

1016 Lexington Law Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 22, 2018

A family member referred me to Lexington Law for the 20k in hospital bills, they've told me in just the first year it has removed almost all of these marks besides the most recent ones. I had Kinsley on the phone on a Sunday and she knew her stuff! Walked me through my report and how they could help me. Very pleased! Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Repair Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Would just like to say thank you for your services and assistance that you have provided me in repairing my credit report and score. I have been using Lexington Law's services now for about 1 year and have seen a drastic change in my reports and scores. I started out with an across the board score under 500. I now have 3 new accounts. I have a credit score with E&E in the upper 600's and Trans above 700+. Those who say that it can't be done I am proof that it can. My credit has been up down and all around so many times in the last 20 years it makes me nauseous.

I am grateful for your services. I am looking forward to being able to purchase a home by the end of the year as I have planned. Thank you for all that you do for your customers. I know that not everyone has positive comments about services that they have received but I am proof that it can be done. I refer every one I know to you guys. Keep up the good work!!! Something that I have learned over the years-- IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT then DON'T BUY IT!!!

Original review: April 11, 2018

I had recently tried to help repair my Husband's Credit with Lexington Law. Everything started out well til life threw a curveball at me. So I called. And asked to cancel service due to my finance. They ask to speak to my husband because I set the account up for him but was charged through my account. So he went through with talking to them and they did reimbursed me for that month. Came this month I noticed I was still being charged, so my husband called yet again to tell them we didn’t want the service at the moment however they canceled and told him I couldn’t get my refund. I’m So pissed about how they went about it when we called to cancel the first time and yet and still being charged. I strongly do not recommend them.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Lexington Law firm is crooks... They got all my information so no telling what they can do to my stuff. They told me that I will receive half my money back in 5 business days... Today is the 6th business day and nothing credit back to my card. So I called them and they told me they never processed my refund. So I talked to the supervisor and she told me they will send a letter to my email that my refund was processed and I'm still waiting!!!

Original review: April 4, 2018

The company is a total scam. Unorganized, very deceptive. I have invested over 20 hours just to find out I have been misled, lied to and passed around like a complete idiot. John Heath is the owner and is a total invasive person and need to be investigated for Fraud.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexington Law?

Original review: April 3, 2018

I did sign with Lexington Law 6 months ago. Not impressed with their service. They removed old items. Has no big effect on my credit. My score didn't go up much. I did some disputes on my Own with Credit Karma and it works better and faster. For the work they do they should only charge $10. That's what they deserve.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 29, 2018

I would save your breath and dispute your items yourself. I've had Lexington Law for 8.5 months paying $59 bucks a month and barely anything was removed, I have still have 5 collections, one Tax Lien and one Chap 7 bank. Nothing was touched. I had to get notarized letters and it took Lexington Law 4 weeks to send out my notarized letters. They are a pain and a waste of money. They even charge you to cancel. I paid just to get them off of my back and then just last week they tried calling me to get my business back. I said, "Oh you've got to be kidding me." Scammers! They are not paralegals. Liars!

Please do not donate your hard earned money to these scam artists. The things that I did get removed where only on my behalf disputing with the creditors myself. Then Lexington law tried to take the credit for it SMH what a shame how people try and do business nowadays. I even have hard evidence that was sent to Lexington Law for my Tax lien that it was paid they didn't try to dispute it until I cancelled. Proof is that they don't pull their weight.

Lexington Law response

We reviewed your concerns regarding your tenure with Lexington Law Firm. We have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matters and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you. An email was sent you an email with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Thank you for your assistance and we look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: March 29, 2018

At first you think sticker shock at the price not knowing if there will be results. I have been with Lexington Law for 1 year and my credit went from 478 to 684. I went to the dealership a year ago to get the car I wanted and the APR was ridiculous so I decided to wait. One year later back to the same dealership and the same salesman ran my credit and was in Awe. He said that is the most amazing turn around he had ever seen. LEXINGTON LAW WORKS. I PROMISE YOU THAT.

Original review: March 27, 2018

This is the first time I've had to deal with a credit repair company. I have to admit, the representative I spoke with explain any and everything I needed to understand and answered all of my questions. They also told me about the initial 1499 for credit report and told me absolutely at the end of the week they will be extracting the 129 99. They explain to me exactly what it was for. They also informed me they were going to be sending out letters and that I have access to a portal to look and make sure those letters were being sent out. I was also informed when anything showed up at my home, I needed to let them know so that they can continue to respond on my behalf. I am saddened to look at these reviews, but everything they've told me this far is working. Granted I just signed up yesterday but the complaints that I'm looking at, it's not exactly what I'm experiencing as of yet.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Lexington Law May Share Customer SS# With Strangers - I recently received a note from my credit union with a copy of a letter from Lexington Law. They had sent this letter regarding my account on my behalf, but it would seem by mistake it was signed with a name and social security number that are certainly not my own. By my credit union sending me a response letter with a copy of the correspondence I know had the social security number of a complete stranger. This resulted in the horror of my now believing strangers also might have a copy of my SS# from the same error.

I reached out to Lexington Law on March 13th and heard no response. I reached out again on March 19th and received an email update from Lexington Law on the following day saying they had received my latest credit report. They added one short line indicating they had received my emails and added the scans of the letters to my file. They offered no apology, no explanation and 0 assurance that my social security number had not been compromised. I am very unnerved at the delay in resolution or assurance on what I consider to be a very serious breach of trust. I have attached redacted letters for reference here.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I signed up with Lexington Law, and was told someone would work on my one item right away. I was told within 30-40 days we would have a reply. Yes I only had one item. After three charges of $90.00 in 60 days, the only thing I found was done on my account was a letter sent out. I found it very hard to make contact with anyone as the hold time was close to one hour. After waiting on hold for one hour someone would answer and hang up. I finally got through today and spoke with a young lady who wanted me to give the company two more month, and wanted me to send a registered letter to the credit bureau. I found it a total waste of $300.00.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I talked to a sales rep last week. I agreed to the credit report amount of $14 coming out of my account, but overtly nothing else. I told him that I'm out of work and have no money for payments at this time. I was ignored and not warned about the almost $130 coming out of my account at the end of last week. My bank account is now overdrawn $115 dollars. I tried to call them yesterday and hung up after 25 minutes. Today I hung up after 20 minutes, and sent an email canceling my contract and demanding a refund. Along with not answering the phones for customers, the IVR system is sick and needs a complete overhaul. The first part skips and does not allow answers, the second part has deafening voice overs and barely audible music. This company deserves to go under--but not until I get my refund.

Updated on 03/27/2018: After a great deal of agitation and frustration, I was contacted by an intelligent and capable person who is efficiently assisting me now.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I joined and I also signed up my wife at the same time ($100 a month EACH), we submitted all the information they asked for and waited for a follow-up or something from them, I sent several emails, left messages and for 2 1/2 months NOTHING. No communication from them at all, BUT they took my money every month. This is a SCAM and gladly take your money and don't do anything to try help you. WASTE OF MONEY.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Please do not waste your time dealing with Lexington Law. 3 months in and no changes at all. Requested full detailed explanation of their services, but was never answered. Tried to send it to the general mailbox that they put in my welcome email and it came back saying ‘Delivery Status Notification (Failure).’ Basically means this email is no longer or was never valid. Called, never got anyone. Tried to chat, never got anyone. I am putting this review up in hopes those of you looking for credit resolution in Lexington Law steer clear. It is a major headache and I am going to try to dispute the charges some type of way because it’s way too much money to lose.

Lexington Law response

I took a moment to review your case and would like to apologize for not being able to quickly speak directly with a paralegal. Please know that we take customer service and the success of our client's credit repair very seriously. I would like an opportunity to discuss your concern. I have sent you an email with my direct contact information and ask that you contact me at your earliest convenience.

Original review: March 16, 2018

These people take advantage of people looking to better themselves and their situation. They know that good credit is the key main factor for housing/shelter, finance, and/or employment nowadays. They make promises and tell you they will perform tasks within a time period and then dont go through with it and then charge you for actions never performed. They are the worst! Rip-offs!

Original review: March 16, 2018

Spoke with a guy over the phone that told me it was 50% for a couple to sign up. Not just a 1 time thing. Lady on the phone said when I called back that was not the case. So they take your 14.99 each and then lie to you. Rep gave me a supervisor so I could ask her to review call and see about getting my money back, which she comes back 15 seconds later and says she reviewed the full 20 minute call. Then when I confronted her about it she interrupts me and says, "Oh I did listen to the call" and then she hangs up. Don't waste your hard earned money as this company will take it from you.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I started out having a credit line show up twice on my credit report (US Bank's reporting issue), and a false foreclosure listed on my credit report, along with some debts. Went with Lexington Law to help repair my credit as they had the highest of reviews. After being with them for 2 months, they knocked an easy hitter off each bureau, so thought it, “Hey, I'll continue on and let them keep knocking things off.” It's been 8 months now, over a thousand dollars later, and not a single result since. The easy duplicated credit line is still there, along with a foreclosure that didn't happen (I can go to the county website, see the sale history of the house without a foreclosure listed...should be an easy one to remove).

Honestly don't know if I'd trust any credit repair company, as I feel they all would perform the same. Was hoping I could spend a thousand and have a company just take care of some things for me, as time is money. Unfortunately I was wrong, and now I'll most likely have to spend the time myself digging in to get these items knocked off. Waste of time and money. Any climb in my credit report wasn't due to them, but due to a few secured credit cards I've been building good history with, and a credit repair loan to do the same.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Called a loan company. Said I was guaranteed a loan just needed to verify info. Next thing said they were Lexington and I needed to clean up some things first. Paid $14.99 for credit report and signed permission for them to get report. Then received email to get and send them my other two reports. Thought I paid for them. Then find out they took $129.99 from my bank. When I called they were very rude. Said I signed for their service, I asked when. I only signed for the $14.99 and that I expected my money back. The woman started yelling over me saying, "No. No refund." And hung up.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have been using Lexington Law's credit repair services for 2 months, and my score has risen 40 points! I am very impressed with the communication I receive on what they are doing, and if items are removed they inform me right away. It is well worth the price. I recommend this company!

Original review: March 14, 2018

I called Lexington Law in hopes of repairing my credit and I was promised 50% discount ($65 instead of $129) on their premier package and I agreed to this and started the process. I was charged $14 instantly which was on top of the monthly fee, after 1 week I was again charged the full $129 which really upset me and when I call back I was put on hold forever exceeding 30mins and I couldn't wait for so long and I disconnected the call. I tried emailing their customer service but no answers, who has so much free time in today's busy world. This again is very bad experience when you pay them so much money and they have such bad customer service. Finally 3rd time I called again when I had a day off from work and this time they answered the phone after exactly 45 mins and the agent told me there was no such note on my account and that I have to to pay the full amount for their service.

When I told them that when I signed up I was promised of 50% discount because I can't afford so much money when there are other companies who will do a good job for much less money. But I was denied of any such discounts and they didn't give me any discounts or refunds, I'm currently trying to do a chargeback through my bank for this charge. When you or they call you for the 1st time they will do anything to sign you up for the program and after that treat you like **, no courtesy and I didn't see any results in one month.

All they said they did was send a couple of letters to credit bureaus and that's it, nothing changed in my credit. You could do a better job yourself if you can spend some extra time or find any other reputable company to do the job. This is my honest review for this company and I highly discourage you guys to do business with such scums. Thanks for reading my review... PS This is the 1st time I have take out to write a review about any business because I felt so strongly about it and let other people know so you guys don't fall into the same trap as I did.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Do not sign up with Lexington. They will tell you there are no hidden fees and you may cancel anytime. Do not believe them. They will take your money and do absolutely nothing for you. They send generic letters that will not help then charge you over $100 to cancel for "services rendered" that you already paid for. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere or do it yourself. My brother used Credit Karma for free and has had 4 removals the last two months. I used Lexington and have had 0 over the same amount of time. And I paid an initial $15 then $129.99 on Jan 17th and Feb 17th. Tried to cancel today and they said I will be charged $111 for work they already did even though I paid them 2 months already and am cancelling before March 17th. Bunch of scam artist here!

Original review: March 12, 2018

I've signed up for a service to take care of 1 error on 2 credit reports (Transunion & Equifax); however, no one responded to an email I sent nor are any of the contact phone numbers for Lexington Law working - it rings and then the call is disconnected. I've tried 3 different numbers to no avail. How do I get in contact with this firm that's taking a monthly fee for a service they may or may not be providing? I have no transparency into the steps being taken to resolve. Additionally, Equifax took a proactive approach by removing the error and Lex Law disputed with them anyway and now that error is back on my Credit Report.

Original review: March 10, 2018

So I initially signed up for Lexington Law to fix an old collection. I ended adding my wife onto the account and was told the fee would be discounted as we are both a couple. I had other priorities new baby, moving, etc. I spoke to a rep who was courteous enough to allow me cancel after trying to scale me down to a cheaper version. I canceled my services with them and closed the account and was told I had an invoice of $88 for services rendered. I agreed and bid them goodbye. However 2 weeks later I checked my account and noticed they had charged my account for $129 +19.95 Processing fee. I was later advised that the amount was for services rendered for my wife who was on my account that I closed.

When I was canceling my services I was not told about anything else. By essentially me closing my account I thought that this was the end of it. Apparently not. I called to question them on this and got a rude representative who would constantly speak over me and after asking to speak to a supervisor twice she said her supervisor was too busy as she was helping "another client". The whole call took about an hour of the representative talking over me and telling me what she's gonna do and how it was my responsibility to make sure my card does not get charged for another person's account and would not take my viewpoint into consideration. Very horrible experience on my end. To think I was gonna continue services with them. Very inconsiderate.

Lexington Law response

We take customer service very seriously and apologize for any misunderstandings. I would like an opportunity to discuss this matter with you personally. I have sent you an email with my direct ocntact information and ask that you contact me at your earliest convenience.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I had some smooth talking salesperson tell me there is no such thing as free credit repair and that I needed to pay to see results. I signed up when she told me it was only a few dollars to get everything set up and started. 11 days later I cancel the services because I found free credit help that actually listened to my wants and needs and didn't just tell me how good they are at resolving credit issues. Now I'm out $110 because I waited too long to cancel. You only have 5 days to cancel. They don't start doing anything until 5 days into it. Yes this service works for some but be aware that they are going to take their time. That's why you pay monthly. You are paying a lot of money to have letters mailed on your behalf. THIS IS NOT YOUR ONLY OPTION AND THIS IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION.

Original review: March 9, 2018

When I signed up to do business with Lexington Law I never agreed to any plan and the plan prices were never explained to me. They took 129.95 out of my account without my permission and then when I called back to speak to client services the lady agreed to refund it but only if I continued to do business with them and then stated that she’s sorry I didn’t fully read my agreement and that was my fault. She was very rude and arguing back and forth with me on the phone. I will never do business with Lexington Law again. Her attitude showed me they have very unprofessional people working for them. Nobody wants to do business with a company that allows their employees to argue with customers and act very childish about the situation.

Lexington Law response

After reviewing the concerns regarding your case with Lexington Law Firm, I attempted to contact you. Unfortunately, I was not able to speak with you. I sent you an email with my direct contact information, so I may be able to have an opportunity to resolve your concerns.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Maria

Original review: March 4, 2018

They are quick to get you on and say they will do so much for you but they have not helped me how I expected. Only 1 mark off in last 4 months and have been calling and emailing and no customer support. I have been trying to cancel for about 2 months and no help. As you can tell from all the other 1 star reviews don't waste your time. Posted this review so others would not have to go through same thing.

Lexington Law response

I reviewed your concerns regarding your tenure with Lexington Law Firm. I have reached out to you as I would like an opportunity to assist with the matters and resolve your concerns; however, I was not able to speak with you. I sent you an email with my direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to speaking with you.

No response received
Original review: March 2, 2018

Don't waste your time calling or signing up with Lexington Law. Their entire paralegal staff is incompetent and frankly have no clue what they are doing. I had to called several times a month to manage their staff on how to handle my case. Furthermore, the items I requested to be marked priority on more than 6 occasions were never handled. They then sent me letters for someone else's case file; a completely different name, last 4 of social, and account I don't even own that wasn't on my credit report.

Each time I called the party gave inaccurate information. This was a complete waste of time. They claim to have a relationship with the credit bureaus, yet, they have to escalate each case, as their initial generic letters do nothing. This is their way to keep you involved in monthly payments, by slow playing the service. In my second month they failed to send any letters, and when I demanded a refund, they would only give me 1/2 of my money back. These people are crooks. Find a reputable local attorney who can assist you in credit repair. The cost will be slightly higher, but the results will be permanent and greater than these doofuses at Lexington Law.

Lexington Law response

Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to speaking with you.

Maria

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

We have been using Lexington Law for several months after trying other “credit repair” agencies that completely wasted our time and money. Lexington Law is full service, they work directly on your behalf to resolve issues in your credit report. They have a chat team of paralegals who are always readily available to answer my questions and advise me when those inevitable questions come up. It is well worth the money and time, I consider it an actual investment since in a short amount of time they have done so much to repair our credit as well as being readily available with knowledge and advice that is valuable. They also give you such a comprehensive and user friendly dashboard so that you can really understand what’s going on and how everything is affecting your credit at any given time.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Company sucks. I never received any email from them then a month later they take out $129.95,19.95,14.95. I call. Wait 25 min to talk to a person. I cancel my membership. Of course no refund for anything.

Hi Angela,

I'm so sorry we didn't meet your expectations. We take client satisfaction very seriously so we've refunded your initial fees. I hope if you still need help with your credit you will give us another shot, feel free to just give us a call.

Natalie

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

The New Ambulance Chasers. It’s despicable when Lexington uses companies they’re link to or perhaps counterfeit companies, promising HELP. I was requesting info from one company and their fast talking salesperson attempts to transfer you to Lex, I quickly disconnected, however my naive spouse signs up. Lex practices getting consumers to sign up shows their undermining practices. I’m appalled!

Lexington Law expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Lexington Law is a legal credit repair and credit education firm located in North Salt Lake, Utah. The company has over 25 years of experience helping people all over the United States find affordable and legal ways to dispute credit inaccuracies and repair bad credit.

• Services: Lexington Law uses the applicable consumer protection laws to help their clients make sure their credit reports are fair, accurate and substantiated. The firm challenges credit problems and mistakes, which has resulted in the removal of millions of inaccurate credit items from their clients’ credit reports.

• Fees: The subscription membership model offers two levels of service. The Concord Premier charges a one-time $99.95 fee a week or so after initial free consultation and $99.95 monthly, which is cancellable at any time. The Concord Standard charges the same initial $99.95 and a lower monthly fee of $79.95 for an amended services package.

• Credit score analysis: Concord Premier clients receive a credit score analysis from Lexington Law that helps clients understand the current health of their credit as well as targeted information to help them improve their credit scores.

• Legal action: Lexington Law does more than just provide credit repair advice, the company has a team of attorneys and paralegals that can advocate on their clients' behalf.

• Contact: Clients can keep a close eye on their case activities by using the Lexington Law mobile app or by logging into the website. Clients have access to a team of paralegals for help and information.

• Credit education: The firm offers an extensive library of credit and credit repair news, books, blog and legal rights.

• Best for: Individuals trying to repair credit problems, those who want access to legal services, families who want to boost their credit scores and anyone concerned about credit scores.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg