Call toll free
3.68/5
Based on 334 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Lexington Law are the trusted leaders in credit repair. Over the past 25 years, hundreds of thousands of people have relied on Lexington to help make sure their credit reports are fair and accurate. In 2015 alone, Lexington Law successfully removed 7.5 million negative items from clients credit reports.

The average client saw 10.4 negative items removed within the first 4 months. While results can vary, Lexington Law has strong relationships with all three bureaus, enabling direct lines of communication for disputes.

We offer different levels of credit repair to ensure a client’s needs are met. Though our main office is in Salt Lake City, Utah, and our services are provided online, we are assisted by lawyers in states around the nation.

View More View More

1090 Lexington Law Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Well, Where to start? I Hired Lexington Law in Nov 2017. The First Item that was deleted was a 1600 Tax lien About 2 -3 weeks after signing up. The first month 2-3 Collections deleted. I Didn't get any mail from the credit agencies but I watched as they went Bye-Bye through credit monitoring Myself... Credit Karma and WalletHub have been the best for me. WalletHub updates around 6 am every morning. Both are free. I paid Lex 99 a month for about 6 months. They deleted 80% of my collections during that time Which was 16 of them across the board for all 3. They are completely OFF. I did a couple things like Paying Capital One for a secured card and Discover. Both Offered zero annual fee and approved me instantly online. My credit score at the time was around 570's.

Fast forward to April. My transmission went out on my car and I have a family and need a vehicle. Credit Karma was showing me at 648 and Equifax at 640 so I knew I could qualify for a car loan. I went to the dealership and they ran my credit and it was 708 trans and 695 EQ. I learned then, it's good to use the free monitoring, but the scoring model is very different when buying a car or a home. I wound up getting 7% int from Chase and not having to worry at all about my credit. Lexington Law was behind me every step I have taken. They are super to work with and I will continue to tell of their good deeds.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Repair Companies delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have no idea why Lexington Law Firm started sending me text messages for "credit repair", but they will not stop. I have great credit; maybe partly due to my reluctance to trust scammers and spammers like Lexington Law Firm with it. Why would anyone trust scammers who try random phone numbers looking for business with something like their credit? This is not a legitimate company. A legitimate company doesn't try to drum up business by spam texting random people.

Hello Thomas,

I reviewed your concerns regarding receiving contact from Lexington Law Firm.  I would like an opportunity to assist with the matters and resolve your concerns. Please contact our office at(800) 341-8441. We are in the office Monday through Friday 6am-10pm MST and Saturday 8am-4pm MST.

Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to speaking with you.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I have read bad quotes after I paid and started receiving help. The Man I talked to seemed very nice and assured me it was excellent move. I looked forward to seeing if this was a good move. People say you can't stop if you start. But they told me on the phone you can. Just feeling nervous and could use some positive feedback. Starting to feel confused. Thank you.

Wanda,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I am glad that we were able to connect on some information that we may be able to use on your behalf. Please be sure to follow up with your paralegal team in the next 30-45 days for an update with your account.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

The only thing this company is good at is charging you. I paid for a year of their premium service for my wife and myself, tried to contact several times by phone. No luck. Finally got a hold of someone. Told them I wanted to dispute a collection and was told they DO NOT PERFORM LEGAL SERVICES. Over $3000.00 wasted. Save your money, do some research on the internet. You'll be better off.

Hello Earl,

Thank you for your feedback.  I can definitely understand your concerns when you are paying for a service, but do not see any changes.  I would like an opportunity to help you understand the credit repair process and to help create a plan to move forward with it.  I was unable to speak with you, however, I sent an email with direct contact information.  Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I was inquiring about their service. Did the credit check. When asking about the fee she keeping telling me to just send an email agreeing to accept, I told her I needed to know what the fee was before I could agree to something. That the documents she sent could not be opened. The girl said she could read them to me. I told her that I need to see what I was agreeing to and that her reading them does not help me in any way. The girl I was speaking to could not answer my questions. She place my call to another person who did not answer the phone.

The next day I started getting email. I responded back that I had not agreed to use their service and that I never sent an email accepting their service. The emails continued coming, they asked that I create an account. Which I did, now looking at the account they have a document saying that I agreed to use their service which is fraudulent. I am so tired of dealing with people wanting to rip people off.

Hello Joni,

Hello

Thank you for providing me your contact information.  I was unable to reach you at this time, however, I sent you an email with my contact information.  I hope to hear from you soon so that we can discuss your concerns and hopefully clarify information and create a plan to move forward.

Lexington Law Firm

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexington Law?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I contracted their service last month. Watch to see if what their sales person said would be right. Nothing he said was first. They wanted my credit card number. Told me their fees were 130 a month. I said let me think about it. He said for me they would cut the first month's fee in half and if I didn't see any improvement after 30 days then just call Lexington and cancel. I did and they now tell me I owe them for work done. I said really dropping my score why would I pay for that and just like lawyers start sending me legal crap.

Hello David,

Thank you for your feedback.  I hear your concerns and would like an opportunity to address them and also to clarify any information regarding your account.  I just sent you an email with my direct contact information.  Please call or email me at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

This company is the slowest of the slowest. They claim that they would increase your credit score and after specific time, you noticed that what they do, is sent a letter to dispute an account but the debt collector sales the account to another debt collector and they keep you into this game, and your score instead of going up goes down (in my case). But that's not the end of it; they tell you that if it's two persons it will be a discount but when you canceled, they hit your card with two full payments $104.00 each! I won't go to a lawyer because I know they would come out with "you signed'. Of course when you are desperate, you can't read 2,000 pages anyway, NEVER AGAIN!

Hello Juan,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Lexington Law (& the representative who enrolled me) told me their highest level program was the one best fit for my concerns. My concerns were inquiries. I wanted several inquiries on my report removed because of several dealerships that continued to run my credit without my consent after I had already purchased a vehicle. I was promised that the program offered by Lexington was 'the most aggressive approach in disputing and challenging inquiries on my report.' It was also the most expensive. My second and last concern was a specific collection account that I did not recognize.

The first step I was instructed to take was to complete the 'Case Valet' where you set a focus track and prioritize the accounts you want dealt with first. I did that. 2 Months later the account is still in their queue, I was told they do not assist with the inquiries but provide letters already pre-made for each inquiry. I had several and I sent 1 to every creditor and 1 for each creditor to each Equifax, TU and Experian. It came to my attention this was a mistake, sending too many letters flags all of my letters as frivolous, something I learned the hard way. Lexington failed to mention this very important detail- I sent 92 letters in total, I had to print it myself and pay for the postage. This was my main concern and I had to spend a lot of effort and time and money to do this.

And now it turns out it will hurt my chances to resolve my disputes- Lexington knew what my goals were and just brushed me off to do this task myself without any guidance or mentioning. I should only send a few letters at a time. I also emailed Lexington from the client portal asking for assistance with writing a letter to a creditor, and I never received a response. I called a couple of weeks later to see if they received my email and they did. However, they told me sometimes they don't respond because we could just call and that they could not help because they do only deal with TU Equifax and Experian.

This request was related to disputing something on my credit and they denied my request. I called to cancel my account and requested a refund for the charge they made to my account that very same day. The agent told me that no managers were available and that they would not refund the money they charged me for... Nothing was done about any of my concerns from the beginning. I am just truly disappointed with this terrible experience and would not wish anyone to go through this, I feel scammed and I just wanted to repair my credit, which now I feel will be even more difficult because of Lexington's negligence and lack of customer care.

Hello Christopher,

We reviewed your concerns regarding your tenure with Lexington Law Firm.  We have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matters and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you.  An email was sent you an email with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have had nothing but great experiences with Lexington Law thus far, fingers crossed. Everyone has been so professional, quickly communicate with my emails, and I am seeing progress every month. It's been 6-7 months and I am up 40-50 points. I have the $109 package, and it's hard, but It's working. Giving it a solid year.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

On June 20, 2017 start with this company to repair my credit, the duration process was 13 months x $99.95 = $ 1299.35 + (14.99 credit report). Where initially had only 5 negative accounts in my credit which is multiplied by 3 credit bureaus. To Erase the easiest, took the first 5 months one from: (AFini for $300) and the other one school account. Then I called on January 17, 2018 to find out and ask why I did not see any progress, they told me they were going to escalate the process and they would send me a letter to notarize it and return it back to them signed which I did immediately. I call again on February 21, 2018 to know how the process going, they told me that they already received the letter and it will be mail to the credit bureaus "that means that if I did not call the letter would still be sitting at the office." Then, a paralegal told me this process took 30 to 90 days, after that I did not call back to let them do their jobs.

In July 2, 2018 I call again after 5 months to express my dissatisfaction of the appalling service explaining my situation, they ask me to verify identification which my phone number was linked to. The process began and during the conversation the call strangely dropped. I waited a whole week for them to call me back. In view of the lack of professionalism the paralegal who attended me showed, I called back again on July 9, 2018 to I express my discontent again about the lousy service and alleging what happened the previous week. I also commented that from November 2017 until today it's been 7 1/2 months and they haven’t done anything. Not even with the bankruptcy that was reported in 2010 and has 8 years in my credit.

The bureaus after 7 years remove negative information, they bring me their arguments that the bankruptcy lasts up to 10 years in the credit and they are sorry for that, and for this month they could give me a credit and they were going to readjust the monthly payment. The next thing they would do was scale to another level again without any extra charge etc. I told them I had to think about it and I would call them again.

On July 20 2018 I called with my answer decided to cancel the service… They put me on hold for about 4 minutes deliberating, when they came back they told me: If you want to cancel then the above offered would not apply and would have a last charge for the final services. "I do not know what service they talked about if they had 13 months charged and they did not solve anything." After all that, they made a charge again for $ 83.29; which I placed a dispute in the bank about that charge 07/27/18.

My experience: 1. It is not a trusted entity, there no honesty telling you how long the process will last or if will take longer than expected, on this case the client can decide whether to continue or not. Keeping them deceived by playing with the time of processing at their conveniences telling you “we must wait for bureaus answer and that lasts from 30 to 90 days," apparently in my case the bureaus were delayed more the time expected.

2. They never call the client to keep them informed of the case. Also, on their email is link to their website with a customer feedback where you have an option to choose if want to be contact regarding your question. I did, never got the callback. Why it is there? 3. You pay for a service and if you are not over calling to remind them to do their job they do not do anything for you. That is my experience that cost me $ 1,299.35 over 13 months to delete only two accounts (5). "With that amount I paid, I could make an arrangement with collection companies and eliminate them myself."

4. The only thing they did was send emails, which is an automated system saying the same thing over and over again. Oh! By the way you should check your email inconsistency because the paralegal always talks about duration process takes from 30 to 90 days and on the email, you send it says “After approximately 30 days there should be a response from (bureaus company)."

Hello Antonio,

Thank you for your feedback. I hear your concerns and would like an opportunity to address them and also to clarify any information regarding your account. I just sent you an email with my direct contact information. Please call or email me at your earliest convenience.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I signed up with offer of 50% for spouse and as with a lot of online offers and companies Lexington Law is no different. They wrote a few letters in first weeks then tried to SLAM my account for $189 after I canceled my account. Weeks later they attacked my credit card for $89 x 3. They are ruthless and after calling and complaining to them they are online vultures. They tried to claim they bill and process transactions after they do some work. BS. They attacked my credit card three times in first thirty days! They refused to credit my card had to dispute with bank to get my money back! They are terrible and greedy!

Dear Robert,

Original review: July 29, 2018

My sister and I started 3 months ago with this company, believing that with just 1 negative late 30 day payment, it would take no longer than 30-45 days to remove. Well it's been almost 3 months and nothing has been removed. My sister had 2 old closed out accounts from an old student loan that was over 10 yrs removed, and that's it... If they remove something, it's only 1 credit bureau at a time, it's long and drawn out process... When I know people have done it on their own and gotten responses from creditors in 30 days.

Every time I try to call, they give me some excuse. It's intervening or this or that, they keep changing the status of the acct. So having (1) late payment with CapitalOne after 10 yrs, hoping Lexington Law can remove it, I guess they can't and keep charging me monthly bills. I'm gonna try and call Monday to cancel both accounts, I was also told in the beginning they can remove inquiries... So I went to their site and there is this generic do it yourself letter, I mailed in 10. Got nothing removed... Just do this on your own or go to a private company. Lexington law just wants your money, don't care about your credit. Sadly disappointed. Should have read the reviews first.

Terryle,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this morning. It is unfortunate that we had to part ways at this time. If you would like to resume service at another time, please keep us in mind.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Horrible company!! I signed up for my husband and myself and was charged for the credit reports and first month fee which was (129.95 x 2). I then noticed my credit score had dropped 60 points in three weeks so I called and ultimately decided to cancel. I then was charged another (129 x 2) for the first month, which I had already paid. I called about the new charge and they said the other charge was “work fee” and second was “first month” and that I had been misinformed on the recorded phone call. They were unwilling to credit the fee back so I called my bank to dispute the charge.

Interestingly enough my bank said they are constantly dealing with customer disputes regarding Lexington Law and they never hear anything positive about them. How sad a company takes advantage of people who are trying to fix their credit, but it doesn’t even surprise me. Really all they did was take my money and lower my score 60 points. Seriously stay away!!!!

Hello Lauren,

Original review: July 26, 2018

I never signed up for credit repair, but was billed fraudulently by Lexington Law. It appears my credit card number was hijacked to pay for a recurring bill for someone's credit repair. OK - I get that happens, but the reason I'm giving them 1 star is because I have spent MONTHS calling, emailing and talking with Lexington Law to get them to 1) Stop the recurring charges on my credit card (which they finally did) and 2) Credit me for the $117.94 worth of fraudulent charges from March 22 to May 13 2018. I have had a lot of lip service, but STILL NO CREDIT for those fraudulent charges.

What makes it even more frustrating is there is no easy way to get back to the same person for follow-up on this topic. The billing department doesn't seem to have a directory (which I don't believe) and so they can't seem to put me in touch with the same people who have been working my issue. Bottom line - I don't trust them, I don't think they have any integrity and they have STOLEN my money with no line of sight to a credit despite continued assurances from a variety of characters. I'm out of patience!

Dear Kevin,

I reviewed your concerns regarding your tenure with Lexington Law Firm.  I would like an opportunity to assist with the matters and resolve your concerns; however, I was unable to locate an account with the contact information listed.  At your earliest convenience, please provide me with a good contact number and/or email address, so I can better assist you.

Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: July 25, 2018

While I did read a few 5 star reviews, I decided to give Lexington Law a chance, but after 3 months and extremely LONG wait times on calls for a "paralegal", my credit report remained the same for those three months - they guaranteed a change which did not occur. DO NOT FALL PREY TO LEXINGTON LAW like I did. One of the "paralegals" confirmed that they have to challenge an item at least 3 times according to their agreement with the credit bureaus, then they escalate the item. Why do they have agreements with credit bureaus if they are a true law firm seeking to resolve and repair credit independently. This means 60 days X 3 challenge attempts + 30-60 days for escalation = at least a year of paying for a service that does not work. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR SUPPORT THIS CROOKED PRACTICE.

Ken,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I am glad we were able to provide some clarification and some direction in how we can move forward. I sent you the email in regards to information on your credit reports. Please feel free to send any supporting documentation for further review.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I signed up for Lexington Law firm last year. In October 2017 I received an email saying my bankruptcy was removed from my TransUnion credit report. I was so excited. After about 2 months I checked my credit and guess what. The bankruptcy was still there. I was furious, I cancelled the subscription. They couldn't explain anything to me, kept giving me the runaround. Then they sent me an email stating I have a balance due. Then said they would waive the balance due if I sign back up. Why would you charge me month after I cancelled. That makes no sense. I did not sign back up and before I wrote this review I checked my TransUnion report again just to be sure. I think it's safe to say now that the item was never removed, I mean this is August 2018 and it's still there almost a year later. It really sucks because my brother referred me, they seem to be decent for him. And I was paying $119.00 a month or something. Talk about a rip off.

Dorothy,

Thank you for taking a moment to speak with me although we were not able to move forward with your credit repair needs at this time.

Should you have further questions or concerns about your account, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: July 24, 2018

So I was and am very skeptical of this place just because it's such a common area for scammers (credit repair agencies that is). So far though, they have been pretty decent. I signed up about a month ago after having missed 3 student loan payments and my score dropping 100 points. Went from 720 to 620 overnight... So I looked up this place and thought why the heck not, I'm paying 90 bucks a month or so and it's been a little over a month of service. Today I got an email saying that 3 items had been removed from my Equifax report. I got super happy! I probably could have done this on my own as people have said but I really don't care enough to look into it.

My only complaint is the amount of time it takes. I know they can't work miracles but it does seem as others have pointed out that they kind of milk the time in order to get more money out of the whole process. This makes sense considering if they dropped the items within 1 month then everyone would just cancel right away. But, they'd have way better reviews. That's my only concern. I would even be willing to negotiate a larger sum of money after the items are removed just to speed things up.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 23, 2018

I was convinced to purchase the highest level of service by a very nice lady who offered me a considerable discount. Then once the deduction was completed it was for the full $129. This wouldn't be a huge problem if something was actually happening with my credit report. All I have for proof that they are doing anything outside of the normal dispute process which I can do for free is their word which hasn't proven to be very reliable at this point. So unless something happens soon I would say invest your own time instead of your money.

Hello,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 21, 2018

Signed up for the 14.99 service although I was only trying to get a loan I was coerced into paying for the service by being assured this will help me. The following month I was charged an 89.95 fee that I knew nothing about and when I called to speak with a supervisor I was told the charge was valid and did not to speak with a supervisor.

This happened twice before being hung up on, the last rep rudely asked what did I want, why was I still on the line after being told I wouldnt be refunded and I said that I want my account cancelled and my money back. She firmly said there will be no refund and that they will close my account. Never did I receive any confirmation of a cancelled account and I continue to dispute my own credit because they did nothing for me. I will be reporting the 2 reps I spoke with since every call is recorded. Strongly despise this company because of the women I spoke with and the fact that I’m almost certain that my account is still open and active by the way she disconnected the call.

Hello ,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 20, 2018

I have used Lexington Law twice now. Once about 5 to 6 years ago, and recently in early 2018. The first time I used them, it was okay. They send out stock letters to creditors from 'you' as after initiating you often get 'return' mail from the creditor questioning further or explaining the entry. These letters, the first time around were marginally successful. They did remove some entries like collections, but never managed a late payment entry or charge-off.

An issue I found the first time around, was also that they don't tell you up front that they deliberately limit the amount of letters they send out each month. They only send three at a time, so if you have 15 bad accounts, it is going to take 5 months before they have tried to remove all of them. They do this so you have to keep paying 100 dollars a month to maintain the service. It is not a scam, but the company is highly disingenuous about what it does. Paying 100 dollars a month for 3 automatically generated letters (which you can do yourself if you have time) is not very honest value. There is absolutely no reason why they could not send all the letters out in one batch, except then you would only use their service for maybe a month or two which doesn't work out well for them. Anyway... first time around, a few years ago, they did in truth remove several collections so I got something out of it.

In 2018, after I had picked up a couple of annoying collection entries, one for a debt I did not owe, and the second for a re-aged debt from over 5 years ago, I decided to turn to them again. I also added in the late payment dings from many years ago, just to see. The result after four months... Absolutely nothing was removed. I had paid for their 'top' service at 130/month but nothing was removed, nobody contacted me to try and strategize etc (forget that. They just send out stock letters automatically) and it was a huge waste of money, so I stopped it.

My advice... Just don't waste your money with these people. I think in fairness part of the problem is that it is an arms race where the creditors have wised up to tactics like these letters Lexington sends out, and has learned how to handle them. E.g for example, sending *you* a return letter asking what exactly you want to dispute or else they will ignore your query. But nevertheless, if you are paying for a service, Lexington Law should provide it, and they just don't. The best way to handle bad credit reports is either to try and find someone else that has more intelligent, honest and current strategies for dealing with creditors, or just go the tried and true way of doing it yourself. Find samples on the internet and send them. If you do that, it is just as good as what Lexington will do, only you won't waste hundreds of dollars like I did, expecting them to do more.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I can definitely understand your concerns when you are paying for a service, but do not see any changes. I would like an opportunity to help you understand the credit repair process and to help create a plan to move forward with it. I was unable to speak with you, however, I sent an email with direct contact information. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: July 19, 2018

Lexington Law started sending me emails on a daily basis telling me that my credit has been damaged and asking for my Social Security number and other details so they can "help" me. My credit score is 805 so I don't need any help. I can only imagine what would happen if I clicked on a link in one of their bogus emails. I've tried unsubscribing, but that only resulted in more emails. I don't even know how they got my name or address. What a bunch of crooks!

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your feedback. I assure you that you are not a client of Lexington Law Firm, and I have submitted a request to have any information we may have of yours removed from our system.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I was watching the news one night and they said to watch out for credit repair companies that charge you a few before they provide you with service. That's Lexington Law to the T. All they did was bring up old creditors that had already been disputed on my Credit reports and took me over 3 years to do. They brought my score down 35 pts! They do not work for the consumer, they work for the slimeball collection agencies. DO NOT USE LEXINGTON LAW. You can dispute your own credit issues yourself. It takes time, but you won't screw yourself over like they do... I canceled them as soon as they overcharged me and would not refund me. I can't believe my husband and I got taken for over $400 and my Credit score is worse. I wish there was a way to sue them for fraud! They are a scam!!

Hello Michele,

Original review: July 17, 2018

I was spending 119 a month on Lexington Law, I wanted them to resolve after divorce credit delays and me repaying the balances 39 altogether. After a year and paying Lexington Law 119 a month I got 3 out of 39 items removed from my credit report, after numerous calls to Lexington Law I was told - I am better off just waiting for this items to come off my record. This means all the money you pay to Lexington Law is a waste!!!

Dear Andrei,

Thank you for taking my call this morning. Although we were not able to go in to depth with your concerns, I have sent an email with my contact information in which you can call me at your earliest convenience.

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: July 16, 2018

First off you have to pay them in advance via debit or credit card monthly fee. This is illegal. Second they send out disputes as if they are from you and the creditors respond to you personally by phone. Then you have to follow up on them. Lexington Law does get items off your credit report but the creditors put them back on with a more recent date the same day they were taken off. When you get an alert through Lexington Law's dashboard you have to contact them because they do not respond to them. They told me they do everything electronically which is what you can do yourself.

I have 3 huge negative items on my report which are not mine. I asked Lexington Law over a year ago to get them off first. They are still there. I had the 124.00 plan. I was told I could reduce my plan at any time when I called to reduce my plan I was told I couldn't do that. I cancelled immediately and they tried to debit my account for cancellation. Oh my score went up but within a month it was lower than it ever had been.

After I cancelled they sent me a text saying I could go to a less expensive plan now. After about 2 months Credit Pro started calling and texting me. I have never contacted them. And I mean they were calling and texting me very aggressively. I don't know how they got my info but when I got them on the phone and asked them ,"Why are you contacting me and how did you get my phone number" they hung up at once. I don't believe the "paralegals" you talk to are paralegals. When I asked them some basic information on the FCRL their interpretation of the law was complete science fiction. Save yourself time and money and do this yourself online. It isn't rocket science. You will have more success.

Hello Rebecca,

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: July 15, 2018

I’m a single father of 3 with children all under 9 and I got to get gas today and find out 129.00 was taken from my account. I have bills to pay tomorrow. I have never accessed this site. I spoke to several different people for about an hr when they called trying to get me to sign up and was told that a charge of a little under 20.00 wouldn’t be taken out for a few days was taken out moments later. That’s when I should have known. No one ever said I would be charged all of this money. Now I have to go look at bank statements to make sure anything else was not taken. I don’t know what to do. I live in TX with no family and I need my money. I haven’t even used the site. Who can I call to get my money returned to me right away. Please help. I’m in a desperate situation.

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I apologize for any confusion regarding the payments. I am glad that we were able to get that resolved. I am sorry to see you go, but I hope we can assist you with your credit repair needs in the near future.

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: July 14, 2018

Very disappointed. I was with Lexington Law, enrolled in the most expensive package they have available which is 129.00 monthly. I am going over my credit report and I am noticing that very little was done for the amount of money I paid. I was with the company for about 6-8 months and very little was done. I used them about 10 years ago and they did a magnificent job then. Now everything have changed, they worked Credit report by credit report to extend the business with the customer. I just made some changes in my 1 credit report and it reflected on 2. The other one, I have not seen yet. The 3 old accounts I have been having problems, ONLY 3 accounts are still dominating and partying in my credit report. Such a waste of so much money for nothing. I just fixed my profile myself right now which was full of mistake and misleading. I fixed it within days.

Hello Andrianna,

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: July 13, 2018

Great customer service, now let's hope I do get help since I saw some negative feedback. I am hoping my case is a great one like one of my family members whose credit score went up when using their firm.

No response received
Original review: July 12, 2018

If dealing with collections, this service will help you get your score temporarily raised, but the moment you stop paying LL, the collection items come right on back. Not to mention POOR COMMUNICATION. You will get a canned response every time you ask a question and if a real "paralegal" - never the one working your case - gets back to you, it'll be a canned response. Overall, I knocked one $254 charge off for the $100 I spent on them so it wasn't a total waste. Next time I'll listen to the other people's experiences, and just pay the darn collection items.

Hello Fred,

We reviewed your concerns regarding your tenure with Lexington Law Firm. We have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matters and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you. An email was sent you an email with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I canceled my account before the next month and of course they find additional charges to add on. I said I couldn’t pay that at this time. I figured they would send a bill so I could pay when I could. I also took my bank acct info off my account as not to get negative charges. A month plasma few days they charge the additional fee to the bank acct I removed off the account. My Credit did not get any better in fact it went up a few points and then went down a lot. I have no money s d my mother had put some money in that account 140 so I could feed my grandkids that week.

I got a divorce and the ex isn’t paying any of the joint bills and has ruined any credit I had. I emailed Lexington 3 different times and ways the first day of the week after the charge and never got a response. I think this is how they do business. They write letters to creditors for accts you have that are over 10 years old. These don’t count anyways. I am just so upset with myself that the little they did for the over 120 a month did nothing to help me. Then they took the last bit of money I had to feed my family.

Dear Kathryn,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this morning. I am glad we were able to resolve your concerns and we hope to work with you again in the near future.

No response received
Original review: July 11, 2018

I signed up for 2 months and I asked the lady that was signing up to be very clear on the charges. I went over this several times with her since she was just rushing to sign me up. She said, "You only get charged 1 time a month and no initial fees." I took a deep breath and made sure I understood the charges. Now that I have called to cancel, they are telling me they are charging me again as what they charged me at the beginning was to do the work and that was not the monthly fee. They said the monthly fee is charged after however that is not what they told me when I signed up. I am very disappointed, wasting all this money that I don't even have.

Hello Irene,

Lexington Law expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Lexington Law is a legal credit repair and credit education firm located in North Salt Lake, Utah. The company has over 25 years of experience helping people all over the United States find affordable and legal ways to dispute credit inaccuracies and repair bad credit.

• Services: Lexington Law uses the applicable consumer protection laws to help their clients make sure their credit reports are fair, accurate and substantiated. The firm challenges credit problems and mistakes, which has resulted in the removal of millions of inaccurate credit items from their clients’ credit reports.

• Fees: The subscription membership model offers two levels of service. The Concord Premier charges a one-time $99.95 fee a week or so after initial free consultation and $99.95 monthly, which is cancellable at any time. The Concord Standard charges the same initial $99.95 and a lower monthly fee of $79.95 for an amended services package.

• Credit score analysis: Concord Premier clients receive a credit score analysis from Lexington Law that helps clients understand the current health of their credit as well as targeted information to help them improve their credit scores.

• Legal action: Lexington Law does more than just provide credit repair advice, the company has a team of attorneys and paralegals that can advocate on their clients' behalf.

• Contact: Clients can keep a close eye on their case activities by using the Lexington Law mobile app or by logging into the website. Clients have access to a team of paralegals for help and information.

• Credit education: The firm offers an extensive library of credit and credit repair news, books, blog and legal rights.

• Best for: Individuals trying to repair credit problems, those who want access to legal services, families who want to boost their credit scores and anyone concerned about credit scores.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg

UT
8012045094
www.lexingtonlaw.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business