Call toll free
3.29/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Lexington Law are the trusted leaders in credit repair. Over the past 25 years, hundreds of thousands of people have relied on Lexington to help make sure their credit reports are fair and accurate. In 2015 alone, Lexington Law successfully removed 7.5 million negative items from clients credit reports.

The average client saw 10.4 negative items removed within the first 4 months. While results can vary, Lexington Law has strong relationships with all three bureaus, enabling direct lines of communication for disputes.

We offer different levels of credit repair to ensure a client’s needs are met. Though our main office is in Salt Lake City, Utah, and our services are provided online, we are assisted by lawyers in states around the nation.

View More View More

1263 Lexington Law Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Since I have been with Lexington Law that took care of getting my credit back on top and my credit is so good I can go any where give my information and I'm approved. Also everytime I call with an issue, I explain my problem and the Lexington Law goes to work to have it taken off. So all in all Lexington Law is a great company. They have your back.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Repair Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I am not new to Lexington Law... I was a member for 3 years before this time around. LL was able to remove several derogatory incidents on my credit reports from all three agencies. They are persistent and diligent. Thanks to LL I was able to purchase my car and home with an average credit score of 790 up from 597.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have been with Lexington Law for about 5 months. I had 7 things come off my credit. It’s not a fast process due to wait on the credit bureau to respond but it’s not Lexington Law's fault. You gotta remember there just the middle man working for you now. Some people freak out because the score goes down after things come off your credit that are bad but it will go back up. I promise the only reason it goes down is because even though it is a bad thing on your credit it still is a history account so when that account gets deleted a few points will come off but your points will start going up in time.

It’s better to delete and lose a couple points for something bad on your credit rather than leave it on your credit and have creditors see this when they pull your credit report so it is normal for the score to go up and down as Lexington Law is working for you. After everything bad is off your credit then your credit score will just keep going up as long as you keep credit balance down and make all your payments on time. Key thing is even if it takes 7 months to get everything off your credit it’s worth it in the end because you don’t have to stress about if someone is gonna see something bad on your credit and not approve you for a loan.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I completely loved the service and the staff was every bit professional. I definitely recommend using them. It's not many times your back is against the wall, and when it is, you ultimately need someone or an organization reliable enough to be able to assist. That's why I feel comfortable with the choice I've made.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

You are very nice in your ways of helping your clients with their creditors and fixing their credit. I do so appreciate how you are helping me out with fixing what's wrong and fixing what's not right and keeping me informed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexington Law?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

SLOW. I signed up with this firm back in November, so far they have removed 2 items at 129.00 monthly. I'm thinking of canceling because to me it isn't worth it. I initially said I would give them 3 months. If my score doesn't change for the betterment, I will not continue to pay them for services not rendered. I know it take time but I should see some progression...

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I sent you an email with my direct contact information should you have any further questions.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Problem logging in online. Don't know my username or passwords. Customer services was very informative and I would recommend you to other friends and family. Hopefully it will be speedy and productive as soon as I get into my account.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I had some Installments and settlements I did long time ago that still in my credit report. I hired Lexington Law to try to remove those negative items cause those accounts are close already. My credit score was in great shape and moving up to 800. First thing I noticed is that they do not dispute all cases at the same time so they sent letters and then wait for a response, 5 months later I have less than the cases removed and my score went down 70 points. I contact them and the response was that that's the process and sometimes gets 6 months to have a response. :) How convenient is this specially when they charge per month. So there's months that they didn't do anything and they still charge me for wait. This is unfair and they should start calling and investigating by phone instead and find another way to speed the process. Very disappointed service, I do not recommend them.

Dear Eyzen,

We reviewed your concerns regarding your tenure with Lexington Law Firm. We have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matter and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you. An email was sent you with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I have been working with company for years now because I needed the help due to damage credit. They have remove 16 negatives off and my score is Rising. They answer all my questions and make sure I understand. I am comfortable to talk to them and someone is always there to help when I need them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Lexington Law office has helped me through process of my credit repair and stop all the harassing collection calls. I'm very excited to have John and his staff take such care to help me out in my time of need. Lexington Law office staff answered all my calls and gave me great advice on how to keep improving my credit score. I am very pleased at the results and would recommend their services to anyone who needs help. Thank you very much Lexington Law office for all the help!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Lexington Law has been a godsend. They helped remove erroneous and old items from my credit report that would have prevented me from being able to buy a home. Their methodology and diligence is top notch. I would recommend them to anyone looking for assistance but doesn’t know how to get started. Thank you everyone at LL for being professional, helpful, and so damn good at what you do.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

My credit score was so low I wasn't able to get anything on credit. But now that I have Lexington Law working for me my credit score went from a 300 to a 800. Thanks for being patience, nice and friendly.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I just love you guys for helping me solve my problems with debt. I admire your all hard work and dedication you all present. I just say keep up the amazing work and that I'm here to stay with you guys. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

You guys have been very helpful and I appreciate all your help with clearing out my credit. I would recommend all of my friends and their family and let them know that your company had been very helpful with case.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I just signed up with Lexington Law today and I spoke with a gentlemen name Carson. He was very detailed but I have read a lot of negative reviews. If I do not see any changes within a month I will be canceling my plan. I really want to cancel it now and just do not worry too much about the 1 missed payment on my account. I will give it a try and see what happens.

Dear M Brown,

Thank you for your feedback. We have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to answer any questions you may have; however, we were not able to speak with you. An email was sent you with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Me and my wife have been using their service for 4-months and have not seen any improvement to our credit scores. Our credit scores have dropped several points since signing up for their services. We are using the top service for $129.00 a month so it's not cheap for both of us. Their customer service is terrible. They never answer the phone and will leave you on hold forever to speak to a paralegal. Do not sign up for their services. They are a scam.

Dear Dexter,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today and allowing me to address your concerns. Please contact us if you have any further questions.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I was looking to learn more about the service and pricing because I need to improve my husband credit score, but the person was very rude. And did make me Not interesting in working with them. He said, he cannot talk about my husband if he is not on the phone (which I understand), but it could be my husband or an imaginary person. Only I wanted to know was general information in order to have arguments to get my husband on board... I'll better search for other companies with a better personal services.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I was with Lexington Law for close to a year. I was trying to remove a collection, a charge off, and 1-90 day late from 2012. I stopped paying Lexington Law because I saw no results, just repeated efforts that cost. I wish it had worked for me. Instead it seemed to set me back further.

Dear Erin,

Thank you for your feedback. We have reached out to you as we would like an opportunity to assist with the matter and resolve your concerns; however, we were not able to speak with you. An email was sent you with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I Highly recommend Lexington Law. They stand by their words!!! I have been with them over a year. My Credit Score has risen a Great Deal. I'm still working with them so I can get an even Better Score. Lexington will get the work done!!!

No response received
Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I read all of the reviews and was highly rated but trust me when I tell you that I now know why you see ads to review services on Craigslist. To start they got my email address wrong so when I signed up they did nothing for the first month but charged me for it anyways. The reason it was a month is because all of your contact information is in the initial email they send you and nobody bothered to check and see why I hadn't responded until three weeks later. I had 6 items and zero actual debt left but two items didn't have my payoff listed from when I paid them to correct that on my report. They listed to me all of my items and asked what I wanted done. I explained that I hired them for the exact reason of telling me what I needed to do. Their response was that they were not allowed to give customers advice and I would have to choose from the options.

I explained that the items couldn't come off of my report but needed changed from charge offs to late payments because I did pay them off. They just repeated themselves. After they billed my account the second time I checked my account through their website and the site prompted me to pick a desired action for the items they had left which was 3. I started with 4. So I paid them $275 to address 1 item and pull my credit reports. They didn't give me advice because the honest advice didn't involve their services. Lexington Law is a total ripoff unless you had your identity stolen and can challenge a bunch of false items and even then you can do better than them. Please do yourself a favor and place this review in high regard when making your decision. I had the "premier" service package so it doesn't matter how much you pay. They still don't work hard to do anything but soak up as much of your money as possible.

Dear William,

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Accurately gave opinion of my service. Got help with making my credit back to normal, and received help in determining what info on my credit was stolen information and what was actually mine, so I good get it cleared up.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I was with Lexington law for months... And while with them I started to see my credit score go up, but not on all 3 bureaus. They would work the same debt one bureau at a time. After my score went up from in the high 400's to the high 600's on two of the three bureaus I cancelled my subscription... Unfortunately I started to see my score drop tremendously and I couldn't understand why... Well I figured out why!!! The things that were taken off has reappeared on my credit. I feel like I wasted my money. Now I have to pay someone else to remove the same things off my credit again.

Dear Brittany,

Lexington Law Firm

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

One of my biggest goals was getting my credit back on track. Lex Law had my back the whole time with very helpful and honest customer service. They helped get my credit cleaned up and escalated a major false report and won! When the clean up was done they even help direct me to a lower plan that has been very helpful!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I simply can't recommend Lexington Law highly enough. I've been in the process of cleaning up my debt and getting my financial house in order over the past year and a half, and Lexington Law has been a key player in that process. If you're on the fence about hiring this company, jump off and do it right now---it's absolutely the right move!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I feel Lexington Law was a complete scam. I was led there on the advice of Credit Sesame who assured me Lexington Law could help. And once there I told their advisors I didn't think they could do anything for me, and was given vague assurances. At the end of three months, they did nothing for me, but take my money, and when I talked to them all they ever did was give me vague assurances. What I wanted was some professional legal help negotiating with a debt holder of debt I acknowledged was mine. They told me upfront they could do that and started me in on their process. I expected help with a pay and delete letter. They led me to believe that was part of their process.

I think an honest and ethical company would have told me that there was nothing they could do for me from the very beginning. In particular Lexington Law later told me they do not write pay and delete letters or help with that. Worse, they make cancelling very painful as you can't seem to do it without chatting with them. And then they want to make sure you understand they acted ethically (they did not, imnsho) in this case stating basically they made no predictions and offered no guarantees.

And that's true, all they did constantly was make vague statements and then claim my case was just like millions of cases where they were able to achieve results. The problem is I was very detailed with them and told them that various debts were real and didn't need verification and letters sent and disputes opened. When I explicitly asked them for help writing a pay and delete letter and negotiating with the debt holder, the one service I wanted help with them from, and I had told them upfront, they then tell me that's not what they do at all and told me to get a local lawyer.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Lexington Law cares about my credit rating and is willing to assist me to succeed no matter how difficult it maybe. It can be improved with my efforts in reporting information. I believe that now is a time in my life that I must excel in improving my life credit wise, demonstrating to my children how important credit worthiness helps in our society.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Quality of the program was affected by my choice of lowest-tier of participation. It was what I could afford at the time. At the price point I could afford, there was minimal contact and I did not quite understand the cost of discontinuing your service. Even though I made it clear that I would be returning at a much higher rate of participation in 24 months.

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for your feedback. We have reached out to you, but were not able to speak with you. An email was sent you with our direct contact information, if you would like to discuss your concerns in detail.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Excellent and consistent!! Truly a GREAT firm. The staff that assisted me have restored hope in my life as I can move forward in life to substantial improvement and success. I would recommend them HIGHLY to those in need of credit repair. My perpetual thanks for their service.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Don’t waste your money!! They take forever to send out letters. Meanwhile they are still charging you the monthly fee even though they are not doing anything. The letters are very generic. After some research online you can actually find the templates online and send the letters yourself. There is no need to pay for their services. Agents are rude over the phone and give you generic updates whenever you call. Trust me. Don’t use this company! It’s a big scam.

Dear Edwin,

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I had a wonderful and helpful lady to take her time and explain to me what I didn't understand and directed me to the next step of my goal with knowledge. She also help me didn't understand on computer what I needed to do and she grateful explain to me what was missing on my order to creditors.

Lexington Law expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Lexington Law is a legal credit repair and credit education firm located in North Salt Lake, Utah. The company has over 25 years of experience helping people all over the United States find affordable and legal ways to dispute credit inaccuracies and repair bad credit.

• Services: Lexington Law uses the applicable consumer protection laws to help their clients make sure their credit reports are fair, accurate and substantiated. The firm challenges credit problems and mistakes, which has resulted in the removal of millions of inaccurate credit items from their clients’ credit reports.

• Fees: The subscription membership model offers two levels of service. The Concord Premier charges a one-time $99.95 fee a week or so after initial free consultation and $99.95 monthly, which is cancellable at any time. The Concord Standard charges the same initial $99.95 and a lower monthly fee of $79.95 for an amended services package.

• Credit score analysis: Concord Premier clients receive a credit score analysis from Lexington Law that helps clients understand the current health of their credit as well as targeted information to help them improve their credit scores.

• Legal action: Lexington Law does more than just provide credit repair advice, the company has a team of attorneys and paralegals that can advocate on their clients' behalf.

• Contact: Clients can keep a close eye on their case activities by using the Lexington Law mobile app or by logging into the website. Clients have access to a team of paralegals for help and information.

• Credit education: The firm offers an extensive library of credit and credit repair news, books, blog and legal rights.

• Best for: Individuals trying to repair credit problems, those who want access to legal services, families who want to boost their credit scores and anyone concerned about credit scores.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg