toll free

Salt lake City, UT
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My credit profiles were hacked by unknown persons and nothing I could personally do could get the three credit profile harbingers to correct them. I skeptically submitted my plea for help to Lexington Law not knowing what to expect other than my having to part with my hard earned cash. What a most pleasant surprise I have encountered after my years of having sent mail explaining the atrocities that were placed on my credit reports by unscrupulous people that I have to guess didn't know me but were trying to steal from me.

Lexington Law for the tiny sum of $99.95 took the task in hand and cleared my credit profiles of 82 neg accounts. Well worth every penny. I can now live my life with Lexington Law watching my every move and everyone else's moves to keep me credit worthy for the rest of my life. Did I mention I am 80 years old and subject to people trying constantly to steal from me by being an elderly person. Again Lexington Law my heartfelt thanks. I can't say enough great things about needed services that we the people need that your law firm handles effortlessly with power. Thank you so much Lexington Law.

I signed up although reluctant due to the cost and in 3 weeks I had updates that moved my score up about 60 points. I had a judgement that was over 7 years old that was trying to collect and threatened to levy my bank account and Lexington Law referred me to their attorney and not only did they force stop any collections but the creditor requested to remove my name and drop all charges! Now I can buy a house or a car without having to pay that off first. I am very grateful for their service and recommend them to anyone who needs a fresh start. What do you have to lose? :)

I signed up about a year ago. Since then I've gotten every collection account removed, and my score is up from a 502, to a 703 +201 points!!! I will soon be house shopping and have been approved for a mortgage. Thanks to the fine services Lexington Law provided me. When I finally get my house, I will hang a picture frame up with your logo on the wall. Changed my life.

From the beginning, I was told you pay your first fee and you won't be billed until a month later. This is not true. The person that signs you up will say anything to get you signed up. You will get generic emails and have to check on things your own. I had one thing removed but the main thing that I wanted taken care of was something that a previous landlord lied about. They told me to upload dispute documentation to forward to the creditors. I would call the same creditors and ask did Lexington send the documentation. The creditors said no. I called Lexington and they stated that they did not send it.

Months went by, and they repeated the same actions. They sent letters to my student loans and made student loans change my deferment status because of the disputes and I never asked for my student loans to be disputed. From the beginning I set up a so called "case valor" and was asked what creditors did I want to dispute. I made sure I told Lexington I only wanted medical and landlord items disputed.

The last supervisor I talked to said it was not their fault and that I signed the enrollment and they did their work. When I said the actions are just repeat actions and generic information and I called in numerous times, she kept saying, "This is what you signed, and I don't have to review the calls". She was insensitive and hung up on me. I didn't curse, yell, or say anything rude. She never reviewed the calls where I was given the runaround or anything. Keep your money. Send your own letters of dispute to Equifax and creditors.

I used Lexington Law off and on for several years to dispute and remove negative items from my credit reports. I had nothing but good things to say about them in the beginning. Back in 2015/2016 they had removed a chapter 7 bk from my Equifax report and other negative items. Till last month (June 2017) the chapter 7 bk was added back to my Equifax credit report along with 7 other late payments that were removed before. This dropped my credit score from 698 down to 502! I have been sick at my stomach from this happening. I called Lexington Law and was on the phone a total time of an hour and half speaking to several different people to figure out what's going on. They said that items can be reported back but usually in the first 90 days. These items were removed over a year ago so how would creditors know they had been removed and just add them back? Makes no sense!

I had stopped my services because Lexington I thought had removed all the negative items from my Equifax and it was showing no late payments or anything bad. But now I have all 8 items back on it along with that chapter 7 BK! I agreed to start my services back up because the manager said there is a special way they handled items that had been previously removed that got added back on. So they charged me the $99.95 first work fee and the $14.95 to pull my credit. I got an email a few days later showing what letters they had sent but then when I went to log back in I see my account was suspended?

I called and was on the phone 30 minutes waiting and the rep said an attorney was handling my case and she would be in touch. I received an email from Jennifer, an attorney that works for Lexington Law out of Phoenix, Arizona. She was responding to a negative review I had wrote on the Better Business website. I asked her if we could resolve this via email since we were playing phone tag and she agreed to try and help me. She went into this speech about how Lexington Law doesn't remove negative items, they only dispute them? Yet I see several ads and commercials on websites saying they do get negative items removed so I feel like that misleading info.

After going back and 4th she said they are refunding me the $99.95, $14.95 fees and refunding 3 months of $59.95+ $179.85. Which I do appreciate it but what I'm highly upset about is this, for the year of 2016 I paid $59.95 a month to have items disputed and removed. That along with the $99.95 and $14.95 fees I had to pay back then too. The total money I spent for 2016 with Lexington law is $834.30. That's just for one year! That's not counting how much I have spent in 2014, 2015 and 2017. I have estimated me paying around $2000 for services that I feel like were half-assed.

The sole business purpose for Lexington Law is to help consumers remove negative items off their credit reports so they can build better credit. Not "Hey we are going to remove all these items for a "little bit" you pay a fortune then they are going to get added back so you will have to keep using our services." Am I the only one that sees that as a scam??? The attorney was nice in the beginning but when I started calling Lexington Law out on the ** she got an attitude and started being condescending in her emails with me. Saying she respectfully disagrees with my version of the events and my conclusion! I am the paying customer I have the right to feel this way and I think anyone else would feel the same way too if they were mislead and paid that much money then see all that stuff put back on their credit and watch their hard work and money go down the drain.

But the icing on the cake is when she said due to me writing a negative review and saying they were a "scam" they will no longer have me as a client and never do business with me again. So look at it this way. You pay around $2000 for services to remove negative items on your credit report, they remove them then months later they get added back then you get upset and call them out for misleading then they don't want to do business with you? That looks very suspicious.

BE WARNED THIS COMPANY MAKES PROMISES WITH LITTLE OR NO RESULTS! I signed up with Lexington Law with an extremely convincing sales rep who claimed that they were going to get a few bogus charges removed from my credit report. They charge me $120.00 a month with very little results. I kept calling them to find out why nothing was getting resolved, only to be told it takes time.

1 letter sent out a month with no results is not worth the money. I feel lied to and again scammed out of my money. After almost 10 month of payments to this company I have decided enough is enough and I canceled my agreement with them. But wait... A month later they charged my account again for another $120.00. So I called them to complain only to get a rep on the phone that said we will have to escalate this to a review board. A week later they still have my money and nothing has changed. Again, BE WARNED THIS COMPANY MAKES PROMISES WITH LITTLE OR NO RESULTS!

I have had an item removed in less than a week which seems like a good thing to me. I'm hoping it continues this way but my credit score has not changed at all. I'm going to give them 30 to 45 days. If no improvement to my score I will cancel. I'm giving them 3 stars for now cause I am still a very new and don't want to say they're bad with me being so new to the company. I'm hoping I can change the 3 star to a 5 star sooner than later.

When I signed up for Lexington Law's service in Oct, 2016 I was excited at the prospect of having my credit repaired. One minor item, a $100 late medical payment, was removed in 1 month. Since that time, absolutely nothing has been removed from my credit reports. Paying $100 per month only to have the same actions repeated over and over with no results was a total waste of time and money. As of today and after numerous conversations with Lexington Law's paralegals, I have cancelled my agreement with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexington Law?

Total waste of money and time! You're better off taking the $120 a month and paying down your debt vs. giving it to this scam. The sales team gives you all kinds of numbers how most clients see x number of removals within the first 6 months and x% of users get their credit restored. They pander to your hopes without real results. Please do not fall for their marketing and sales gimmicks of making it seem like there is a team working for you, paralegals giving you personalized recommendations on how to rebuild your credit or the great tools and dashboard you will get access to use.

Paralegals are people in a call center who barely know the basics of rebuilding credit. Seriously! They sound like people who have no clue what they are doing except for reading some credit repair 101 best practices they found on Google. No such thing as personalized recommendations. "Pay bills on time" and "Pay down credit card debt as fast as you can" are not personalized recommendations. Absolutely zero guidance or meaningful recommendations. The great dashboard and tools they give you access to are the same tools you can get from any free credit watch or repair site.

When you want to speak to someone, be prepared to wait 30 minutes to get a call center with people who then read from a script and lead you on to believe action might happen in the next two weeks. "Just give it a little more time. We are working hard on it." I heard this every time I called to ask for updates on what was going on and what they were actually doing. The only answer they will tell you is they are escalating this and sending out letters on your behalf to the credit card companies or reporting agencies. Be prepared to get a flurry of emails weekly making it seem as if action is taking place, when sadly the content of the emails continue to make it clear week after week the lack of action or change with your credit score.

After months of going round and round and hearing the same pitiful script I still saw no action other than the result of my own actions paying down the debt I was able to during this time. Seriously save your money and put it towards the debt you owe. It will save you time, frustration, money and best of all help you to repair your credit score faster than these scammers.

Lexington Law performed no services on my behalf because I cancelled the account before services were provided. In spite of this, they still refuse to remove my SSN from their records, stating "it is the norm to retain it and all businesses do it." That is inaccurate!!! Beware of this company... Once they have your SSN, they won't remove it from your system, potentially exposing you to identity fraud!!! Not good at all. I would not recommend this company at all!!!

No response received

They are good at scamming people. Raised my credit score 7 points after paying over $500. Had to cancel with them. Four months later noticed the name on my bank statement. Turns out they were charging me long after I closed my account. Called them and of course they had no record of my overcharge. So once again I was told to send them proof and they would reimburse me of the charges. Sent them proof but they couldn't send me any proof of said reimbursement.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Very helpful credit repair service!!! They get done exactly what you need them to get done. They WILL remove unwanted or inaccurate negative entries on your credit report. Their customer service is also really friendly and useful. HIGHLY recommend this service!!!

THE BEST DECISION I'VE EVER MADE! I HIGHLY recommend Lexington Law to ANYONE that need only a couple or a whole lot of repair done to their credit. I've been with Lexington Law since 2014 and they have successfully remove 39 out of 46 negative items on my credit reports, including a judgement AND a lien -- TOTALLY REMOVED! When I started with Lexington Law my credit score was 352 and it's currently 721. I've now graduated down to their lowest plan which is the Maintenance Plan and items, the few negative I have left are STILL being removed!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND, LEXINGTON LAW HAS GIVEN ME A WHOLE NEW START ON LIFE!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have one collection to be removed from my credit reports. I started business with Lexington Law on 23 Jan 2017. I was told challenge letters would be sent out on 30 Jan 2017. In April, I received a call about my case and was told the challenge letter didn't work and I understood. So I worked with Lexington Law to send back a notarized escalation letter on 29 April.

Today I called to check my case status as it is been more than 4 months and nothing has happened for my only one collection. The customer service representative was very unprofessional and told me confusing information. She first told me escalation letters were sent out in Jan and March. It is impossible cause I only sent the letter to Lexington Law on 29 April. Then she told the letters were sent out on 11 May and first challenge letter to Equifax today (1 June). I was very upset since I've been very patient waiting my case to be addressed and I don't understand why the 1st challenge letter to Equifax has to wait for more than 4 months to be sent out.

I read good reviews so I chose the service from Lexington Law. But my experience is really bad and I waited and waited but nothing happened. I am not meaning the removal but meaning the actions taken by Lexington Law. As a company who charges client on monthly basis, I feel my money was wasted as it took 4 month to process one single challenge letter. Your lawyer called me in April asking me to give another chance and I did it. But from my experience with the customer service representative today, I feel very disappointed. I already paid for June service and this will be my last try with Lexington Law. Again, I am very disappointed.

I signed up with them for a whole year with a goal of just removing my bankruptcy and foreclosure in my credit report. The operator was so excited, he said, "We need to get you to the most aggressive way to attack this thing." They were aggressive alright. Not a single inquiry was removed, not a single bankruptcy or foreclosure was removed. I paid $120.00 for a whole year and NOTHING was done. The worst part is that when every time I call them, they would tell me that they are working hard for it, blah blah blah. And that I am paying them to for their effort. NO lady, I am paying you for results, and so far you didn't deliver any results. I would never recommend this company to anybody. They milk you till you dry. I am serious.

I got transferred to Lexington Law from AmOne as I was looking at my options for a business loan. I was caught off guard and didn't know what Lexington Law was, but they somehow opened a case for me and told me that they would repair my credit rating which wasn't really bad to begin with. They did "work" on my "case" that I never authorized in fact, I had expressly insisted they hold off on doing anything on my behalf until I was able to do research on the company. Once I did research and found countless negative reviews and warnings to stay away from this company, I called them back to close my "case" and cancel everything (on a Tuesday, as that Sunday and Monday they were closed), at which point they told me my 5-day grace period was over and I would be charged for the first month's "work" they did that I told them not to do.

Not only that, after they pulled my credit report (which I did allow them to do once they assured me that it would not negatively affect my credit rating), I checked my credit rating a few days later to find that it had dropped by 50 points, literally since they pulled that report. Bottom line: they have damaged my credit, they've cost me money and untold stress and aggravation. They have refused to cooperate at all, they won't refund or reverse the charge, they insist they did everything right and correctly and they provided service that I'm obligated to pay for.

No. That's not how this is going to go. They went against my express instructions (they have all of our correspondence on record and I invited them to listen to it all, as they would find nowhere that I gave them any consent whatsoever to do anything). I now will have to dispute the charge with my credit card company, a fact of which I've already informed both parties. I tried to resolve it reasonably and politely with Lexington Law and this company is fraudulent and full of charlatans. STAY AWAY!!! I cannot emphasize this enough!!

So I have been using Lexington Law since December. Have used them before in the past also. Things were going pretty slow - but they managed to get a few removals off of my credit report. As sooooon as these came off within 45 days my credit score took a huge dive and plummeted! Their results are not permanent. I feel as if they have become so commercial they do not work for the client as much as they used to.

First it took them forever to even get me access to the website. Every time I called, and this is NOT an exaggeration, I would have to wait minimum 25 minutes all the way up to 35 minutes. This is ridiculous. Not for nothing, how hard is it to simply answer the phone within 10 minutes? And ten minutes is a long time. I couldn't handle it anymore. Sorry but if they can't even handle a phone call I can't trust them to handle much else. I left after one day and went somewhere else.

They are not really a scam, but they do go very slowly intentionally to keep you paying. They send 3 letters a month (at most!) so that you have to stay on with them for quite awhile. I mean seriously, why just 3? In my case, they sent the letters to situations I didn't even care about. Leaving the ones that mattered to sit unattended for weeks and weeks. I finally gave up and canceled the service. I can send more than 3 letters a month myself.

I signed up with Lexington Law to help with my credit and at first it seemed they were helping. At the same time I started setting up payments to the reports on my credit. They were all medical bills that I owed from a severe illness. I also told Lexington Law this. After a few months I realized all that was left on my report was things I was making payments to so I called and asked to cancel. The man I spoke with suggested I drop down to the lowest amount they charge which I was told was 24.95 and then we would speak again in a few months to see what I wanted to do. Well instead the very next month I was charged 59.95 so I tried returning emails they sent to cancel text messages and tried to call but you set on hold forever.

They then without my permission went back up to the 119.95 and when I called to complain they made a lot of excuses and lame explanations as to why they did this and would not give my money back. So instead of helping me they have only robbed me and hindered my plans to rebuild my credit. So I would highly not recommend Lexington Law. Just another company trying to get as much money as they can from you.

I've contacted the company several times over the past 4 months to cancel and yet I'm still being billed. Each time I call they say it's cancelled, however they still manage to charge my card and never say they will refund me. Very dissatisfied that I can't cancel something that I no longer want.

I called them to find out how they could help me. I expressed that I could not afford their services. They expressed that they could work with me on the payments. A month later I found out that they took full payment out of my bank account which put me in a real financial problem. I called them about this. They said that they would not be able to refund me my money. This is not good at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

After you're a client you cant get a hold of anyone either on the phone or by live chat. But if you call the new client line you get through in less than a minute, which tells me this company only cares about your money and not how they help you. Be careful. I went through a divorce and canceled 3 weeks before my next bill was due and they are still going to try and charge me for letters sent out last month lol. I will be blocking them through my bank. And I will be spreading the word about how crooked they are.

Insufficient response received

I signed up for Lexington law to help with my credit. The program I signed up for was a much cheaper program than I was billed for, I was even led to believe that if I referred someone my monthly bill and the person I referred would be cheaper than the deal I was signing up for. Well, the following month I and the person I referred were both billed $99.95 which way more than what it was supposed to be. I'll never use Lexington Law again, and as a webmaster I intend on discrediting them as a retaliation for being an internet scam. IF YOU'RE THINKING OF SIGNING UP? RUN!! RUN FAST!! Do Not give these thieves your credit card number. I called to have my account cancelled before I was due to be billed and they're claiming they have no record of the call. B.S.!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lexington has a lot of excuses to blame consumer if what they said they will do which is repairing credit, fails. When I canceled our subscription, they charged us the day after for the upcoming payment even though the credit score declined. We had to agree and cancel but I told them that I will be reporting them. One of the main issues on my credit was removed initially only to reappear recently. Both my husband and I were concerned about a few wrong and old issues on our credit and were planning to refinance our house. My broker informed us the score declined and we were unable to do so. Now, we can not refi the house yet each of us paid Lexington almost $120 for months and then almost $60 for a few months more.

I signed up with Lexington Law 2/17, going on 3 months now. Seeking help with removing 1 paid collection which took 40 big points from my credit score. I have 1 paid collection on both TransUnion and Equifax. I can't believe the reviews that I've seen so far! Claiming to have 6 items removed in about 4 months is so untrue. I can't get 1 item removed by Lexington and by the way, this is the only negative item I have. No late payments, charge-offs, bankruptcies, liens, repo's, delinquency or any kind of judgments with 100% payment history. One more month and I have to move on. Not a happy camper so far.

Insufficient response received

I called and very simply asked to, "Please take just one account I have on my credit report, I'll give the name and account number and please either get it removed or settle it and tell me what to pay." OMG! Because I refused to be part of their game where they take you on and grab your credit reports and drag out the process to keep you on the hook and offer this and that, the guy had no clue how to react to what I was looking for, just couldn't think outside of the box period. I kept explaining, I just need the one account settled and that's it over and over but the light was on in his head but unfortunately no one was home! What a joke! This company should be ashamed that they refuse to help with something so simple they can certainly be paid for!! What a disgraceful business in my opinion.

No response received

I am a single mother of two beautiful baby girls. I do not have a lot of money but have saved for the last 4 years to buy my babies a house. My credit was not the best and I knew that I would need to fix it. I found Lexington online and decided to give them a shot. The salesperson I got talked really fast and I explained my situation and goals. Without hesitation he told me he could help me out. I was excited at first. 9 months later my credit wasn't much better however my score was good enough to get a home loan. Or that's what I thought.

When I went to get a loan I was told that items I thought were removed came back and I had marks all over my credit that stop me from getting the loan. I was beyond frustrated because I never really heard from anyone and nobody knew what my goals were. I felt like cattle. Thank God my lender told me about White Jacobs so that they could help me finish what Lexington Law did not finish. I was able to get my house but wasted my time and money with these guys. DO NOT USE THEM if you are trying to get a house loan.

Factual basis uncertain

After losing 7 years of my life and spending hundreds of thousands of dollars toward exoneration to restore my name due to false charges by a small-town Georgia police department, I went to Lexington Law to help me get control of my credit cards that had amassed from legal fees of a defense attorney. Lexington Law was recommended and did a good job to settle with some of the smaller credit companies. They did not, however, do anything to help me with Citi or Wells Fargo. They sold my case to another firm and I ended up having to pay the full amount owed to these companies via 1099s because the new company would never even return my calls. This on money I put on credit cards so that I didn't have to spend life in prison for something I did not do. Imagine what this company will do for you if you were frivolous with your credit cards.

I must say I did my research before I started with Lexington Law and was very scared. However, that fear turned into pure joy just 2 short months later. I started with Lexington Law in February, the person I spoke with was very knowledgeable and knew their stuff. He explained to me how it works, and what I could expect. I knew that nothing was going to happen right away so I decided to take a leap of faith and sign up. Since February until today they have removed 7 negative items on my credit report. It is the weekend. My credit score has not updated. However last month my score went up 75 points with one Creditor. The other went up 50 points. This was only with 2 removals, the other 5 removals I have yet to see the jump because I know it can take a few days.

I am EXTREMELY pleased with the results. I am not sure why there are some negative reviews because they have been AMAZINGLY persistent and keep me updated through email, text and phone calls on a regular basis. The key thing here is to respond in a timely manner if you want fast results. I have a few more things on my credit to be removed and hoping to continue seeing these removals! I will continue with Lexington Law. It is surely worth the money! Best of luck to all you.

Used them for two months, removed one account, decided to cancel and do it myself and removed more accounts in less time. Save time and money and dispute the accounts yourself. Don't waste time with these people.

This is a scam and a waste of money. They charged me 119.00 a month. Sent me emails saying they did this and that. Their scam is to keep you going on for years. They dispute a few things with one credit company at a time. Then when I went to cancel my service they charge me for another month. This is a scam. Do not waste your money.

I received a letter from Lexington Law that was sent out on March 23, 2017. I check my mail daily and saw it there today. The letter I will upload states that I was approved to get my monthly amount of 99.95 reduced to 49.95. I was amazed and excited about the deal. I then called the firm and remained on hold for an estimated 5-8 mins before I was able to speak to someone. Once I was able to speak to someone, he explained to me that the company would not honor its letter because it was suppose to say one month. It did not say that. And when I asked to speak to "David" whose name is on the letter, I was told he had no way of knowing who that was. They made no attempt to honor the letter they sent me which frustrated and angered me. I told them to cancel my account because they refused to honor their own letter.

I then called back to ensure it was canceled since I was given a confirmation. I was told that it was canceled and Glory was very kind and tried to resolve it unsuccessfully. She acknowledged that the letter was a mistake and for the confusion would not charge me 29.00 prorated amount that was due with my early cancellation. PLEASE! That is the VERY least they could do. Now...lets be clear. As you can see from the letter...It was sent on March 23. My first payment was March 22 for 99.95. I was fine with this but once I got the letter I realized that they offer discounts to lure in indecisive clients...note that it at no point gives a time period of a month. Considering I already made the payment, I realize this letter was designed for the indecisive. That being said...it was not my error. The letter clearly states my monthly payment would be reduced. The fact that they can't honor their own mistakes...makes this company un-trustworthy!

Lexington Law Company Profile