2. Finance

Addison/Richardson, TX

1.2/5 (52 ratings)

Find Credit Repair Companies partners near you

About Credit Solutions of America

Credit Solutions of America is an online credit repair company that operates in Florida, Arizona, New York, California, Illinois and Texas. It offers full-service credit assistance that combines financial education and aggressive repair techniques to help consumers build a better credit history.

Find Credit Repair Companies partners near you

Pros

• Free credit consultation
    • Services start at $49 per month

Cons

• Only available in six states

Bottom Line

Credit Solutions of America is an online credit repair company that helps consumers remove negative or inaccurate items from their credit histories while teaching them healthy financial habits.

Credit Solutions of America Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Solutions of America?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Solutions of America?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2013

Referred by Century 21, they were short selling home for us. They were working out their office in Rancho Cucmanonga, CA. We paid $1895.00 upfront for credit repair in 6/2012. They were supposedly in Moreno Valley, CA. We haven't received calls back since our move and no return text. We have contacted Century 21; they have said it was now out of their hands and now refer to their mortgage handler who knows no one is in Century 21 office. It's frustrating after the short sale and move and we moved on 10/31/12. Now, it's the end 1/2013 and still there is no word. The next step is Consumer Affairs. We were waiting until after the holidays. I was told no credit repair should be paid upfront for fees until work is performed. Credit Solutions needs to be stopped or have them follow the law. It's so sad.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2013

Currently, I am paying off a large debt managed by Credit Solutions of America. Today I called their number several times and got "The circuits are busy" 6 times. I went on the internet and got a number, which turned out to be another credit company. The person I spoke with told me they had gone out of business. I don't know if I should continue to pay $200.00 a month or if I am done paying off the loan. Does anybody out there have a number?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2012

I paid over $150.00 for a credit repair kit with pre-printed forms for use with all of the different Credit Companies and received nothing. This "Kit" was supposed to be sent to me through the mail. With it, I was supposed to be able to challenge the mistakes on my credit reports. However, as of yet I have not received any information at all, and it has been just over a month. Now I have a bill but nothing to show for it.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2012

I paid Credit Solutions thousands of dollars to help me settle a lot of unsecured debt after a divorce. Granted, they did help me with 3 accounts. But I still had a rather large one to tackle, and they just disappeared. No one answers the phone, and emails go unanswered. What do I do now? Is there a class action lawsuit going up? I'm not sure where to go with this. And it appears I'm not alone.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2012

There seems to be some kind of trend here. I have signed up with Credit Solutions of America way back in October 2007. Thinking everything was going good up until I got a call from Midland Credit Management this past August 2012. Five years later! Apparently, one of my accounts that Credit Solutions of America supposedly has closed was not closed! I am very disappointed. I don't know what to do. Of course, I've paid lots of money to Credit Solutions, and to think that money is nowhere to be found has saddened me. If anyone could offer me some kind of help, I'd really appreciate it. I'd call Credit Solutions, but there's no contact information available on this company anymore. It's like they disappeared.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2012

I paid Credit Solutions $8,000 to settle my debt of $32,000. I ended up contacting two creditors directly and worked out a payment schedule. In the end, I got a court order that they garnished my bank account for $8,200 with no warning. I called the court and they said that the deal was only good for 6 months. Credit Solutions stinks and cost me more.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2012

I have paid Credit Solutions $10,551.30 to help settle my debt. Now, after they have taken my money, I cannot reach them! I have left emails and have tried several numbers to contact them!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2012

The company disappeared. I have a few accounts with Credit Solutions in Addison, TX. Of all the accounts, only one was settled directly with them involved. One went to court and the others have not been settled yet. Now that I am trying to contact them, the phone does not work. They are not listed on the internet. My last contact from them was on March 6, 2012. Where is the company? They owe me money if they have not helped me settle my accounts.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2012

Much like what seems to be the common trend now, I signed up for Credit Solutions a few years ago and now that I am ready to settle my accounts enrolled with them, I can’t contact them. Their website is down, no return answers for emails, and they don’t answer the phone. It seems like once they got the money I paid them to settle my accounts, they just disappeared! It’s just frustrating and now I don’t know what to do.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2012

I signed up for Credit Solutions after being contacted by them. All of my cards were up-to-date and being paid down very slowly. They asked me if I'd like to get out of debt and not have to pay all the interest, so I started putting money into the account to settle my debts. They guaranteed settling at 50 cents on the dollar and hoped to do it at 30 cents. The first card was settled at around 39 cents on the dollar. I was supper happy about that. Next, I received a letter saying I was being sued because I hadn't made any payments on Credit Solutions' recommendations. I called and they said, "You better settle. You don't want a judgment against you."

So I settled at 80 cents on the dollar plus had to pay their court fees for sending me all the certified letters. That put me back to paying the full amount of the card. Then there is Credit Solutions' 30% too, so it cost me more to settle the account than it would have to pay it off in the first place. I would love a class action suit to help recoup the money I paid Credit Solutions. It was my own fault for signing up but when they contacted me, it seemed like it was a good way to help get out of debt. Now that they are paid off, they no longer return any calls.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2012

We cannot get a hold of someone. We have signed with Credit Solutions and we have paid over $5,000.00 to have them help us reduce our credit card payments. Now that we are ready to make offers to the creditors, we cannot get hold of Credit Solutions in any form. Do you know how to contact them? If there is a class action against them, we like to be in. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2012

I have been trying since Monday to get a hold of someone at Credit Solutions to talk to so I can settle two accounts that I have with them because I am planning on moving out of the country. I have left numerous e-mails for someone to call me but have not gotten a call back. I have spent over four hours on the phone waiting for someone to come on the line so this can be taken care of. I'm very, very unhappy with the wait time for someone to contact me back. I want a response soon!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2012

I signed up with Credit Solutions back in 2010. I paid them to help me settle my debt and I was going to be sued by the credit providers due to Credit Solutions telling me to ignore them. They set up payment plans for me but this was nothing special that I couldn't do on my own. Now I am still paying on my debt and it wasn't any less than it was before I signed with them. This company was a crock and I was hosed!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2012

I paid all my fees to Credit Solutions (CS) upfront. Now, I no longer hear from CS; I cannot access their business by telephone, email, or the website. I settled one account on my own because CS failed to act. I am being sued by another creditor because CS failed to act in June of 2012. I am not happy considering I paid for a service that is non-existent. If there is a class action suit against CS, I would be happy to join in!

Original review: July 28, 2012

After my final payment, and even before, I can't get in contact with them. I have tried by phone and web through their website. Now, their website is down.

Original review: July 7, 2012

I signed on with Credit Solutions in February 2009. One account was settled fairly quickly. It was the one I wanted settled last. I had two others that were more important. I continued to put money in the account and they kept taking their payments. Once they were paid in full, all contact stopped. I have been trying to get a hold of them calling all numbers and emailing them with no response or a dropped call after 30 minutes. I am being sued by the one I asked to be settled first. They did not even contact them. This is a humiliating ordeal. I wished I would have paid them instead of Credit Solutions. My husband rags on me very often about how I am causing us to lose everything. The creditor threatened to sue if I could did not make at least the minimum payments. I lost my job and my health.

Original review: April 12, 2012

We signed on with Credit Solutions in October 2009. We settled one account fairly quick. We continued to put money in the account and they kept taking their payments. Once they were paid in full, all contact stopped. I have been trying to get a hold of them calling all numbers and emailing them with no response or a dropped call after 28 minutes. I was trying to settle my final account. Now, I don’t know what to do.

Original review: April 4, 2012

Unable to contact anyone at Credit Solutions: I supposedly reached an agreement with one of my creditors on February 1st 2012. I have yet to see the funds removed and paid to the creditor. I spoke once, after a 15 minute hold time with Latrice and was informed it could take up to 10 business days from the last of the month for the funds to be moved. That should have been March 14th 2012. It is now April 4th and no action or contact. I have sent emails and called on 3/21 and 3/26, holding for 30 minutes just to have the call dropped. Something needs to be done about this company.

Original review: March 29, 2012

After completing my payments to Credit Solutions, I have only been able to speak to someone 1 time. I just was waiting on hold for 28 minutes, and then they disconnected my phone call! I had 3 accounts still left open. I just settled one on my own, and I still have 2 others. And the companies won't talk to me, because they have to deal with Credit Solutions! I have left 15 voice mails for "David" at 1(972) 479-5039 since February 15, 2012. I have funds available to pay another card off, but I cannot without Credit Solutions! Can someone please help or direct me to someone who can?

Original review: March 26, 2012

Debt consolidation - After paying them $8000 and helping me settle 3 small accounts, they never returned my call, messed up my credit and never helped me to settle the other accounts. Everytime I call, the phone lines are busy and when you got somebody, they will hang up the phone.

Original review: March 9, 2012

My wife has been trying to reach Credit Solutions for over a month. For a while, she was getting put on hold, then the phones were completely out of service. Now, it is back to being on hold for over 30 minutes, no matter what number she calls. I have sent a few emails to the customer service portion, and all we get back is the automatic response email.

Original review: March 5, 2012

I have not been able to reach anyone at Credit Solutions for over 2 weeks and have sent numerous emails through the contact us on the website with no response. I have settled 4 out of 5 accounts. The 5th account, to my knowledge until recently, was supposed to be settled but the payoff amount was set up incorrectly by Credit Solutions so the full payment was never completed. This was due to complete negligence on their part. Another one of my accounts was handled poorly and ended up going into court proceeding without me knowing, which now shows as a negative on my credit report for 7 years. This again was due to their poor practices. They did work with the creditor to correct the amount I had to pay, however, not until after my credit has been seriously ruined.

My last account through Resurgent has now been sent to an attorney, which means I will be going to court again. I found this out by calling them myself because of not being able to reach Credit Solutions. Now, they are going to determine how much more I have to pay to settle the account which I am sure is much more than the agreement we had back in July of 2011. I am very upset about this. At this point, I am getting ready to contact an attorney. Every time I try to call them, I am on hold for over 45 minutes and then I get disconnected. I don't know what else to do. I think I was seriously deceived and they should be held accountable.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2012

I signed up with them in March of 2009. I have settled three out of four debts, one on my own because CS wouldn't answer the phone in August 2011 and the creditor was getting nasty (for $500). Now, I've saved enough to pay the last one and I've tried 4 different numbers and being on hold for hours just to get disconnected :( Left multiple emails to contact me and once I even was able to leave a voice mail before being dropped from the phone system. Of course, I've finished paying my $4,500 fees but they aren't even touching the biggest one. Now, It looks like I'm out the money, going to have to settle my own after paying the fees and spend my time hoping someone at the BBB (or wherever the suit is going) can help. I feel deceived. I'll get all the information that I can from the website, while I still seem to be able to get to it and see if I can join the lawsuit. Wonder how much more that will cost me.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2012

I signed on with this company in "2008." I followed all of their instructions to a tee! While I was paying their fee, they did help me settle a few of my smaller accounts but after their fee had been paid, all work on their end basically stopped! They became difficult to reach, the web site didn't work, and could never speak to the same person if you did get them. The right hand never knew what the left hand was doing! This continued. One account wasn't contacted by them quickly enough and I lost the settlement and one account I handled myself.

Then as if all this wasn't bad enough, the Sheriff starting coming to the house to serve papers from creditors that were suing me. A lean was put on my property as a result of their incompetence. Of course there was no help from credit Solutions in all this. Finally, in 2010, I was forced to file bankruptcy. This is what I didn't want to do. I just wanted the late charges, penalties and harassing to stop! Please beware of this company and don't make my mistake. Talk to a Lawyer if I had just taken that route from the beginning. This all could have been avoided!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2012

I signed up with Credit Solutions in May of 2010, and was sent a debt solutions packet, and spoke over the phone, to a representative named 'Trevor'. Both the information given over the phone. and in the documents they sent me, explained that after paying a $4,050.00 handling fee, they would work with all my creditors, and assist me in making smaller, more affordable payments, and settlement costs, and that my debt would be gone in three years by using their plan. They told me how much I should put aside, of my own money, into my savings account, specifically for creditors, as they worked out settlements with said creditors, and that in the meantime, any payments I had been making of my own accord should stop until settlement, the deals had been made. I provided a list of all my creditors, and what I owed them both via mail, verbally over the phone with 'Trevor', and also as listed on my profile page on the Credit Solutions website.

As settlements were cleared, they were suppose to show up on my profile page, where I also could look at any incoming offers from creditors that were still being worked with. For this fee, I was also supposed to send my creditors' postal mailed letters, stating that I gave a power of attorney over to Credit Solutions, to deal with that debt, and that they shouldn't call me, but to contact Credit Solutions via the number, and contact information mailed to them. After about three to four months, I started getting calls from creditors again. Thinking Credit Solutions would handle any type of calls like that, I referred them to Credit Solutions. Now, as of February 2012, only one creditor was settled through Credit Solutions, and it is only that creditor that appears as being paid off on my personal profile on the Credit Solutions site, although two other creditors, who called me, and with whom I made settlement arrangements with, do not appear on my profile page as being settled.

In addition, I am receiving calls from creditors continually, and the other day, returned a call left by a lawyer working to settle a credit card debt. The lawyer told me that he could not get hold of Credit Solutions, and they had never once made an effort to discuss or handle my debt with that credit card company, though the company was listed on all my documents, including the profile page that Credit Solutions themselves have continual access to. I settled that debt on my own, by working with the lawyer, and now I am trying to get hold of Credit Solutions to find out what's going on. My phone calls are not returned, and I am left on hold sometimes for over an hour, no matter what hours I try to call them. Only the automated system ever answers the phone, and when trying to contact them online, I also receive no response, and while I can still access my profile page on the Credit Solutions web site, no information has been updated in any way shape or form.

Credit Solutions has been paid their fee in full, and it now seems that they only settled one solitary debt on a list of many given to them, and now cannot be contacted, nor does it appear that any of the creditors can contact them either, nor have they themselves ever been contacted by Credit Solutions to settle my debts. I would recommend that no one sign up with this company, and if you have, to sue them for false advertising and fraud. I plan to do so myself.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2012

I enrolled with Credit Solutions in 2009. I have paid them over $6000 to help me with my debt. I paid off the money owed to them on 01/13/12. I have tried for 3 weeks now to contact them about a debt letter. I am put on hold for hours at a time no matter what time I call. I have emailed them and have tried to upload on the website and it is always an error. I cannot reach them via any mechanism! What gives do they exist?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2012

I signed up with Credit Solutions with a service fee payment schedule which started 3/31/10. I paid my monthly fee in full and I have been unable to contact them about resolving my debt with two creditors. Their website does not work properly and when I call, I am on hold for a very long time.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2012

Some of you people, I have a feeling, are border line mentally handicapped. If you don't know enough about how credit repair companies work, why would you just sign up because some stranger told you to? Really? I took Credit Solutions for a ride after doing plenty of research and wiped out $40K+ worth of debt for about $12K in one year. How? You work the system. I paid forward extra money every month to the company and asked them to immediately start settling my smaller accounts in the first two months.

Then I pooled my resources together over 6 months to get the bigger accounts cleared out. My average settlement was less less than 30% of what I owed on each account. You can't accept their first offer! And when they had settled all my accounts, I shut my bank account down and left them with the extra fees I still owed. They can't go back and reverse settlements. Is it a little dirty? Um, yeah...but hey, it's all about working the scam they put out there. You have to know how to work their game. Wake up, folks. If you are able to rack up $50K plus in debt and now have a proper exit strategy, you probably shouldn't have had credit cards in the first place.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2012

I enrolled in the program on February 10, 2010 and everything seemed fine. I had an offer to settle with one of the creditors and I accepted. Recently, I started receiving phone calls saying the bill was not taken care of. I had thought the bill was all taken care of since I had given permission for Credit Solutions to make a monthly withdrawal from the account to settle that particular account. Now it seems I am back where I started.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2012

We paid this company to help us settle our debt. They advised us to stop paying on our Discover card and they would contact the company and let them know we enrolled in their settlement program. We did everything that we were told to do. Ended up being sued by Discover with a judgment put on us. We then decided to go ahead and make payment arrangements to get this settled at full price through Credit Solution. CS made 10 payments to the company, but quit paying them as directed. We are now facing another lawsuit and our bank accounts have now been frozen. We have 3 small children and no access to our money due to Credit Solutions. This is not only ruining our credit, but hurting the well being of our family! We need help to get this company to take responsibility for what they have done.

Credit Solutions of America Company Information